PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2012 Season

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Say the Chiefs go on to lose out which is very much a possibilty. Finish the season with a top 7 pick and select Matt Barkley from USC to play QB.

Do you start him right away?

If so, what kind of expectations should we have next year?

Now say the Chiefs were to pick RGIII instead. What would you do with him in reference to the above questions?

Discuss.

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Start either one right away from day 1.

I'd still expect 10-6 next year IF this QB we take is actually worth a crap.

If we had Luck we'd go 11-5. Guaranteed.

RealSNR
12-01-2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.storesonline.com/members/999468/uploaded/Depend_Protective_Underwear-sm.JPGhttp://www.storesonline.com/members/999468/uploaded/Depend_Protective_Underwear-sm.JPG

lewdog
12-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Barkley will be much more ready to play and could start if he puts in work during the offseason. I feel Barkley will have a decent grasp of a pro offense.

RGIII is more of a project and would take much more time to be ready to play. I wouldn't see him playing in his first season if he was drafted.

RGIII has a higher upside or possible peak play but also a greater probability to be a bust.

Just my opinion.

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm starting to lean more towards Barkely for the pro style argument sake. RGIII is a little more of a project.

Urc Burry
12-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Barkley will likely be the #2 QB taken, and the odds of us finishing with a higher pick then both the redskins and dolphins isn't too likely. Barkley is the safer bet, but RG3 has a much higher ceiling to me.

evolve27
12-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Either Barkley or RG3 you start year two, get rid of Zorn and coach them up. Let's just hope we don't draft a late round project QB from who gives a fuck...

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I think Barkley is a day 1 guy.

RGIII maybe year two.

I'd also like to keep Zorn around.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Barkley will likely be the #2 QB taken, and the odds of us finishing with a higher pick then both the redskins and dolphins isn't too likely. Barkley is the safer bet, but RG3 has a much higher ceiling to me.

The Redskins can still win another game or two and could get to 6 wins. Dolphins have a pretty damn hard schedule but they do always play the AFC East tough. Who knows. Even if we do finish ahead of them either one of them could trade up.

I agree with you though, that odds are we won't have an option. We might be lucky to have either one of them there when we pick. I can see Pioli using the "well if Barkley was there I would have" excuse.

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Barkley will be much more ready to play and could start if he puts in work during the offseason. I feel Barkley will have a decent grasp of a pro offense.

RGIII is more of a project and would take much more time to be ready to play. I wouldn't see him playing in his first season if he was drafted.

RGIII has a higher upside or possible peak play but also a greater probability to be a bust.

Just my opinion.

Why would rg3 be more of a project? both are projects theyre rookie qbs starting first game...rg3 could learn our system just as fast if NOT FASTER. dude is just as much a beast on the football field as in the classroom. no homo

evolve27
12-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I think Barkley is a day 1 guy.

RGIII maybe year two.

I'd also like to keep Zorn around.

My feeling is the Aaron Rodgers effect of having them sit on the bench for a year or so. I'd love to see them immediately but who knows if they are ready.

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:41 PM
The Dolphins are playing pretty good football right now. Hell they should have probably beat the Boys in Jerrworld.

They could easily beat the Jets and the Raiders.

Willie Lanier
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Please, please, please
let me, get what I want
lord knows it would be the first time

(Butchered Smiths reference)

Please let us land RGIII

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
honestly this is my opinion but if youre taking a qb first round and hes first round talent, you need to start him first game. If he was born to be a starting nfl qb he'll make it

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:44 PM
My feeling is the Aaron Rodgers effect of having them sit on the bench for a year or so. I'd love to see them immediately but who knows if they are ready.

I think you can do that when you have a qb in place like the Pack did. That was really the perfect situation for that to happen.

It's gonna be pretty hard to justify taking a guy number 5 overall and sitting him on the bench for a year.

If we take Barkley, he should start day 1. Fuck it don't even have any competition.

Just bring him in, introduce him to Bowe,Baldwin,Breaston,Charles,Mo,dex(I know Clay I know) and whoever else you draft this year on offense and say here you go.

Urc Burry
The Redskins can still win another game or two and could get to 6 wins. Dolphins have a pretty damn hard schedule but they do always play the AFC East tough. Who knows. Even if we do finish ahead of them either one of them could trade up.

I agree with you though, that odds are we won't have an option. We might be lucky to have either one of them there when we pick. I can see Pioli using the "well if Barkley was there I would have" excuse.

Yeah the dolphins are playing good ball right now, I think they can squeak one out against the raiders this week. And I believe we would have the earlier pick then them with SOS. But I still think we win at least 1 more game

NJChiefsFan
You also are going to have to trust whoever the coaches are next season. If we get a QB and they aren't ready I won't be against Orton starting. I just can't handle the idea of Orton being our future.

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't see us winning another game this year.

But we will probably fuck it up and win a couple. Draft a RT and deedle de here we go.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah the dolphins are playing good ball right now, I think they can squeak one out against the raiders this week. And I believe we would have the earlier pick then them with SOS. But I still think we win at least 1 more game

I am not sure we win the SOS with anyone.

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I think you can do that when you have a qb in place like the Pack did. That was really the perfect situation for that to happen.

It's gonna be pretty hard to justify taking a guy number 5 overall and sitting him on the bench for a year.

If we take Barkley, he should start day 1. **** it don't even have any competition.

Just bring him in, introduce him to Bowe,Baldwin,Breaston,Charles,Mo,dex(I know Clay I know) and whoever else you draft this year on offense and say here you go.

Yes dude. Same goes with rg3 imo

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM

But we will probably **** it up and win a couple. Draft a RT and deedle de here we go.

my feeling as a life long chief fan will change if this happens

Urc Burry
12-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I am not sure we win the SOS with anyone.

As of last week the dolphins were a .517 and we were .446. I realize we still have a tough stretch but that's a pretty big gap

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
my feeling as a life long chief fan will change if this happens

I've stated it before in a thread, but if we go into next season with Matt Cassel as the starting qb I'm done.

I'll still watch a game now and then but that will be my extent.

Life's to short.

bricks
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM

But we will probably **** it up and win a couple. Draft a RT and deedle de here we go.

Even if they screw themselves out of the top 5, Chiefs could very well end up with a top ten pick and be in range to draft RGIII. Which is still okay.

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 10:50 PM
watching and talking about the chiefs makes me semi depressed but i still love them. its just a love hate relationship

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
As of last week the dolphins were a .517 and we were .446. I realize we still have a tough stretch but that's a pretty big gap

Well thats good to know.

O.city
I just can't comprehend how much fun this forum and Kansas City as a whole would be if the Chiefs had a Franchise signal caller that we could really rely on.

Atleast for me , dunno bout others.

lewdog
Why would rg3 be more of a project? both are projects theyre rookie qbs starting first game...rg3 could learn our system just as fast if NOT FASTER. dude is just as much a beast on the football field as in the classroom. no homo

He is more of a project because he doesn't fit our current system. He will have to be coached to make different reads in this offense since it is more different than the offense that Barkley runs.

However, I would rather have RGIII because he brings more excitement and has more of an upside. Barkley is a safer pick but has a lower ceiling.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I just can't comprehend how much fun this forum and Kansas City as a whole would be if the Chiefs had a Franchise signal caller that we could really rely on.

Atleast for me , dunno bout others.

Well I personally have never seen this team have a good offense, and good defense, and a good QB at the same time. That would be really fun to watch. What a novelty, winning games with different parts of the team each week, including the QB.

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:55 PM
After watching alot of Barkley this year, I'm not sure the gap between him and Luck is as huge as it was to start the year.

Barkley has really come on this year. It will be argued he has more talent around him, I'm not so sure of that. At wr. yeah he probably does. At TE, OL, RB. Nope.

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Well I personally have never seen this team have a good offense, and good defense, and a good QB at the same time. That would be really fun to watch. What a novelty, winning games with different parts of the team each week, including the QB.

If we draft RGIII or Barkley, My wife and I are gonna break down and buy season tickets.

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
After watching alot of Barkley this year, I'm not sure the gap between him and Luck is as huge as it was to start the year.

Barkley has really come on this year. It will be argued he has more talent around him, I'm not so sure of that. At wr. yeah he probably does. At TE, OL, RB. Nope.

Maybe it never matters and talent wins out, but Luck will have all the pressure of the world on him when he takes over. If he sits out a year or two that would take some off. Maybe it never affects him at all but who knows. He isn't going to get as big a honeymoon as most rookie QBs get.

Chief_For_Life58

yeah barkley sure is a beast. all 3 look like future starters in the nfl to me

BigMeatballDave
Pioli already drafted his QB.

O.city
12-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Fuck that noise. Get outa this thread Dave.

Bump
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
RGIII is gonna start day 1 for us, it's gonna be fucking awesome too

O.city
12-01-2011, 11:00 PM
RGIII or Barkley, someone photoshop them in a Chiefs uni.

Hell thats probably our best chance to see it happen.

evolve27
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM

No season tix for you. Arrowhead would hurt its fan base, technically.

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM

I realllllllllllly hope pioli/haley are connected to the fans. We all want a franchise qb to lead this team. Do they know that yet? do i need to go to piolis house and tell him? I do know where he lives

NJChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 11:04 PM

I thought about what I would do if during the draft and Indy's pick they said "The Colts trade their first pick to the Kansas City Chiefs" and I think I would just drop to my knees and tear up. Its stupid but just the idea of being in the "fight" in the NFL would be awesome.

At this point I would react close to that if we got Barkley or RG3. Who knows if it works out, but not trying is just as bad as trying and failing IMO. I know a bad pick sets you back, but having an average QB can keep you down for, oh, 40 years or so.

O.city
12-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I realllllllllllly hope pioli/haley are connected to the fans. We all want a franchise qb to lead this team. Do they know that yet? do i need to go to piolis house and tell him? I do know where he lives

Go for it.

I hope they do, doubt they care tho.

O.city
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I thought about what I would do if during the draft and Indy's pick they said "The Colts trade their first pick to the Kansas City Chiefs" and I think I would just drop to my knees and tear up. Its stupid but just the idea of being in the "fight" in the NFL would be awesome.

At this point I would react close to that if we got Barkley or RG3. Who knows if it works out, but not trying is just as bad as trying and failing IMO. I know a bad pick sets you back, but having an average QB can keep you down for, oh, 40 years or so.

I have pondered that thought many times.

Good post.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Fuck that noise. Get outa this thread Dave.

LOL

Seriously. I have no faith in him.

I will be SHOCKED if it happens.

lewdog
12-01-2011, 11:07 PM
You know how much money Clark Hunt would have to pay a top 10 QB pick!? Hunt won't allow that!

evolve27
12-01-2011, 11:07 PM

Yes. Yes we should

O.city
12-01-2011, 11:08 PM
You know how much money Clark Hunt would have to pay a top 10 QB pick!? Hunt won't allow that!

About 500 million less than he would make if we did.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Of course not. He's already got his Franchise QB from Iowa.

Dirt Cheap.

lewdog
12-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Of course not. He's already got his Franchise QB from Iowa.

Dirt Cheap.

:ROFL:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-01-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm a fan of giving rookie QBs the job right after a team's bye week. Unless we had a murderous slate coming up, that's probably the way I'd go. If behind, pull the starter at halftime before the bye, then cede the job to the kid.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2011, 12:48 AM

Not any different than the money paid to Cassel, Green and Grbac.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:20 AM

about half as much as Tyson Jackson.

Smed1065
12-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Say the Chiefs go on to lose out which is very much a possibilty. Finish the season with a top 7 pick and select Matt Barkley from USC to play QB.

Now say the Chiefs were to pick RGIII instead. What would you do with him in reference to the above questions?

Discuss.

Say you had some balls?

NM. Decorate your lights in red and NM U suck and and want an out.

Dick.

O.city
12-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Not sure what the last post means, but anyway moving on.

I'm thinking both guys enter this year so hopefully we will have our shot. After looking at a little list Direkshun put together in draft planet this draft is gonna be pretty deep so hopefully we can fill some spots.

FloridaMan88
12-02-2011, 11:02 PM

Apparently you missed the fact that salaries for first round draft picks are now slotted, as mandated by the new CBA and are significantly less than they were in the past.

For example Cam Newton signed a 4 year, $22 million contract. That looks like a bargain compared to Cassel's 6 year, $63 million contract.

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Be nice if the system was set up to where players could have to pay back money if they play like shit.

Would make it alt more interesting.

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I was just looking at Barkley's profile. He's only 6"2 220. Same size as Griffin.

I'm still on board with either one.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I would bet almost anything that Griffen is shorter than that and weighs less, as well.

lewdog
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Apparently you missed the fact that salaries for first round draft picks are now slotted, as mandated by the new CBA and are significantly less than they were in the past.

For example Cam Newton signed a 4 year, $22 million contract. That looks like a bargain compared to Cassel's 6 year, $63 million contract.

No I didn't miss that. I could just see Clark wanting to trade down in the draft to save money, especially when some other team wants to take a QB early and these idiots think Cassel is our guy. He can play if off as, we don't need a QB because we have one under contract, but it is his cheap ass saving money.

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:33 PM
I don't know about Griffin . I have seen times when I thought he was alot shorter and times when he looks legit 6.2.

It will be interesting to see. Imagine if he was about 6"5 235.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
He'd still be a small Cam Newton.

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:36 PM
I think RGIII is more accurate that Newton.

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm anxious to see who the Chiefs will be mocked to draft when they start getting higher and higher in the draft.

They never seem to slate us with a qb.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I think RGIII is more accurate that Newton.

accuracy

edge: RG3

arm strength

edge: Newton

mobility

edge: push

Size

edge: Newton

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Probably right. Although I don't think the arm strength is by a wide margin.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Probably right. Although I don't think the arm strength is by a wide margin.

I do.

Also, Id like to add that Walter has us taking Landry Jones in the first round.

IMO I think he is probably the only real possibility.

Like Hamas said a week or two ago, Orton will win us one game that we wouldnt have otherwise won and that will cause us to lose out on Barkley, Luck and RG3....the next guy up is Jones and for some reason lots of scouts really like him.

I just dont see what they do, I guess.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

10. Kansas City Chiefs: Landry "Lance" Jones, QB, Oklahoma
It was rumored that Todd Haley could be fired following a slow start at the beginning of the season. The scuttlebutt died down once the Chiefs won a few consecutive games, but if they finish with four or five victories, Haley's as good as gone.

If Haley leaves, I think Matt Cassel is going with him. Cassel is owed $5.25 million in 2012, so Scott Pioli could easily get rid of him in the spring. If so, he'll definitely be interested in one of the four franchise quarterbacks available in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Thats from his mock That's updated Thursday.

O.city
12-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't get the Jones hype either. He makes to many WTF throws. Is what it is i guess.

I think RGIII probably has the strongest arm of all the qbs in the draft. His motion is pretty solid too.

I think his motion is better than Newtons, raw arm strength probably not. But he is more accurate and has plenty of arm strength.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Truthfully the first year with a rookie QB can be pretty painful. I'd say we plan to put him in around the 4th game after giving him a long look in pre-season. He isn't rushed in, yet he does get some gametime experience in the first year. Everyone wants to talk about how great Cam Newton was but if you look closer you see the mistakes that cost them games. We should have a lot of talent around our new QB is we can close up the holes we have on both sides of the ball.

O.city
12-03-2011, 12:00 AM
The Chiefs 2012 could be alot like the Steelers were Big Bens rookie year. not superbowl contenders, but we have alot of pieces in place. I'm gonna go ahead and assume the three acl's come back healthy.

We have a smart draft, draft our qb, by the time he really comes into his own in say 3 or 4 years the bulk of our roster should be in it's prime, with a few reaching the end.

The key is to keep drafting wise.

BossChief
12-03-2011, 12:12 AM
The Chiefs 2012 could be alot like the Steelers were Big Bens rookie year. not superbowl contenders, but we have alot of pieces in place. I'm gonna go ahead and assume the three acl's come back healthy.

We have a smart draft, draft our qb, by the time he really comes into his own in say 3 or 4 years the bulk of our roster should be in it's prime, with a few reaching the end.

THIS

Fritz88
12-03-2011, 12:34 AM

The odds are against us in getting 100% recovery from all three.

I'd probably choose a healthy Berry and Tony over JC.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
12-03-2011, 12:35 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldn't say the odds are that bad. Alot of guys in the NFL have injuries and come back fine. With the technology and treatment they are getting now there isn't any reason to think otherwise.

Atleast I hope.

jd1020
12-03-2011, 12:41 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Give me Berry and JC. **** Tony, imo. He's just going to get injured again.

I'm keeping an eye on this Ladarius Green kid in the late rounds of the draft.

O.city
12-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Still pretty fucking pissed at Stevie fuckface for cheapshotting Berry.

BossChief
12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
My hope is that Berry will come back to full strength and be still on course and improving.

He is damn good, but has a lot of work to do in coverage before he is truly an elite safety.

Moeaki will be fine and hopefully, finds a way to kick the "injury prone" label going forward, but it would be wise for us to draft another tight end just in case he cant.

Charles is the one I worry a little about.

Sometimes, it takes backs awhile to trust the knee again.

Epic Fail 007
12-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Never start a rookie qb if you want a winning year.

Fritz88
12-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Give me Berry and JC. **** Tony, imo. He's just going to get injured again.

I'm keeping an eye on this Ladarius Green kid in the late rounds of the draft.
I said that I want a healthy Tony. If he's going to get injured again then fuck it.

We have Becht. He's the shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
12-03-2011, 01:15 AM
My hope is that Berry will come back to full strength and be still on course and improving.

He is damn good, but has a lot of work to do in coverage before he is truly an elite safety.

Moeaki will be fine and hopefully, finds a way to kick the "injury prone" label going forward, but it would be wise for us to draft another tight end just in case he cant.

Charles is the one I worry a little about.

Sometimes, it takes backs awhile to trust the knee again.

I am very sure that Berry is strong enough mentally to come back healthy. So is Tony, due to his experience with injuries. JC, IMO, is most likely never going to be the same. We need to draft a RB.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2011, 02:22 AM

Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Ben Rothlsiberger all say hi you dipshit.

whoman69
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM

The Steelers went 15-1 his rookie season and lost in the AFC championship game to the champion Patriots. Ben was the exception rather than the rule. I believe he was the first rookie QB to have such success. More than likely this team struggles behind a rookie, but at least the franchise is showing they are willing to move forward for the future.

prhom
12-03-2011, 10:45 AM

...and starting Matt Cassel worked out so much better for us!

whoman69
12-03-2011, 10:54 AM

This team has enough talent around a rookie to win. They need to solve their problems at RT and holes in their depth. I'd like to see them bring in another TE. If the Pats can get two star TEs in the same draft, we should be able to bring in at least someone so we don't have to look at O'Connell, Pope and Becht crap their pants every week. TE is becoming the most important position in the league besides QB. They could struggle, but if any team can win with a rookie, the Chiefs can.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I'd have to see it to believe that the Chiefs are gonna draft a QB in the first round. Until then, I don't think they will. Next year is the year to do it, there are quite a few worthy of a first round pick.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Joe Flacco, Ben Rothlsiberger all say hi you dipshit.

Andy Dalton says, "don't forget the ginger!"

Rausch
12-03-2011, 10:59 AM

I've never been a fan of throwing a rookie in there.

Most didn't start day 1 in college and shouldn't in the pro's either. For a reason. There's a year or two of acclimation that a QB needs.

Find a vet willing to lead/tutor/mentor for a year or two...

evenfall
12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
USC quarterbacks are poor value in the draft.

Bane
12-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Lmao @ all the rg3 ball washers.The motherfucker barely speaks English.Barkley will be slinging TD's while rg3 is making it rain PLAYAS and gold grilln!!!Naa Mean???

prhom
12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
I am very sure that Berry is strong enough mentally to come back healthy. So is Tony, due to his experience with injuries. JC, IMO, is most likely never going to be the same. We need to draft a RB.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with you on the RB, and to be honest I kind of wanted them to draft another one this year. I didn't expect Battle to do as well as he has, but he's still not the answer for us. We need to find a strong, fast guy that can still beat the defense to the corner like Charles, but can break a tackle. Especially if Charles loses that quickness after the injury. He's all about speed and shiftiness, if he's lost that he won't be much good.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Lmao @ all the rg3 ball washers.The mother****er barely speaks English.Barkley will be slinging TD's while rg3 is making it rain PLAYAS and gold grilln!!!Naa Mean???

1st: Not an RG3 fan. His talent is clear but I'm not at all sold on him being a next-level QB.

2nd: Cam Newton was about as fucking stupid as you can be and still play QB. He still is. But he's playing balls out.

I'd say the main difference is character but...

prhom
12-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Lmao @ all the rg3 ball washers.The mother****er barely speaks English.Barkley will be slinging TD's while rg3 is making it rain PLAYAS and gold grilln!!!Naa Mean???

Have you actually listened to him talk? He's more articulate than most of the football players out there and he's a Masters student in Communications. His parents were both Army sergeants too. Granted it's probably not the most challenging major out there, but I have a hard time believing he's gonna live in the strip club after he goes pro.

notorious
12-03-2011, 11:29 AM
USC quarterbacks are poor value in the draft.

History agrees, but we still need to take the shot.

And if that doesn't work out, try again, again, again, and again until we find the guy.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 11:36 AM
History agrees, but we still need to take the shot.

No.

This team doesn't need another flame-out at QB.

Go as high as possible and grab the best guy you can on draft day...

And if that doesn't work out, try again, again, again, and again until we find the guy.

Like we did on the D line?

Wasting draft high picks for nearly a decade because we couldn't evaluate talent?...

Brock
12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Lmao @ all the rg3 ball washers.The motherfucker barely speaks English.Barkley will be slinging TD's while rg3 is making it rain PLAYAS and gold grilln!!!Naa Mean???

You've obviously never heard him speak. You're ignorant.

milkman
12-03-2011, 12:02 PM
No I didn't miss that. I could just see Clark wanting to trade down in the draft to save money, especially when some other team wants to take a QB early and these idiots think Cassel is our guy. He can play if off as, we don't need a QB because we have one under contract, but it is his cheap ass saving money.

Cassel can be cut before the start of next season, and it costs the Chiefs nothing, while a rookie QB with the slotting in place would cost the Chiefs less than Matt Cassel.

Truthfully the first year with a rookie QB can be pretty painful. I'd say we plan to put him in around the 4th game after giving him a long look in pre-season. He isn't rushed in, yet he does get some gametime experience in the first year. Everyone wants to talk about how great Cam Newton was but if you look closer you see the mistakes that cost them games. We should have a lot of talent around our new QB is we can close up the holes we have on both sides of the ball.

Cam Newton has a much bigger learning curve than Andy Dalton, who is playing smart football, and making plays and leading that Bengals team.

No.

Wasting draft high picks for nearly a decade because we couldn't evaluate talent?...

Another flame out at QB?

Are you talking about the flame outs that many of us have predicted for every scrub and reject that this team has signed and traded for over the years?

Or are you talking about a first round draft pick, cause 1 flame out every 30 years is just too detrimental to this team's development.

Either way, this is fucking stupid.

You draft a QB until you find one.

You ain't accomplishing shit until you do.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Another flame out at QB?

Are you talking about the flame outs that many of us have predicted for every scrub and reject that this team has signed and traded for over the years?

Yeah.

It's the main reason I hated the C@$$#ole deal.

It was yet another year of us lapping up scraps from a SB winner and us saying "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Unproven b/u who looked probowl with a SB team.

Or are you talking about a first round draft pick, cause 1 flame out every 30 years is just too detrimental to this team's development.

No.

This organization has been "borrowing" talent and players and schemes for over 2 decades. First we were the the new 49'ers, then the new Rams, now the new Pats.

Keep chasing that "hope to be" dragon all you want.

How about hiring a HC that starts a trend instead of following one 5 years old?

If you really want to "start fresh" and "build a winner" you look at the QB position in the draft.

milkman
12-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah.

It's the main reason I hated the C@$$#ole deal.

It was yet another year of us lapping up scraps from a SB winner and us saying "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Unproven b/u who looked probowl with a SB team.

No.

This organization has been "borrowing" talent and players and schemes for over 2 decades. First we were the the new 49'ers, then the new Rams, now the new Pats.

Keep chasing that "hope to be" dragon all you want.

How about hiring a HC that starts a trend instead of following one 5 years old?

If you really want to "start fresh" and "build a winner" you look at the QB position in the draft.

The reality is there is no new fresh scheme out there.

Every scheme since the 60s is just some aspect or variation of Sid Gillman's offense.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Every scheme since the 60s is just some aspect or variation of Sid Gillman's offense.

And every great story starts with a HC and QB - one who can run that HC's offense to perfection...

lewdog
12-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Cassel can be cut before the start of next season, and it costs the Chiefs nothing, while a rookie QB with the slotting in place would cost the Chiefs less than Matt Cassel.

Well I hope the people making personnel choices and paying out the money see it this way.

notorious
12-03-2011, 12:35 PM
No.

Where in the blue FUCK did you read "Waste High Draft Pick"? Every time we pass on a potential franchise QB is a wasted draft pick.

Load up the team at every position but QB will lead to one thing: Playoff losses.

We could play it safe and just bring in a retread every few years. That way we can win regular season games and shit all over ourselves in the playoffs. Yay Truefan!!!!!

notorious
12-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Either way, this is ****ing stupid.

I should have just quoted you.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 12:46 PM
We could play it safe and just bring in a retread every few years. That way we can win regular season games and shit all over ourselves in the playoffs. Yay Truefan!!!!!

There isn't a person here more opposed to that strategy than me.

I have no fucking clue why you think I'm.......STOP.

Hated Bono, then trading for yet another 49'er stopgap, hated the DV hire, then Ca$$3ole, hated being the team being "the next..."

When KC decides to retake it's own identity and quit trying to be something else we'll start winning games.

I want that. I want a coach who wants to MAKE KC what it really is.

It's why the Steelers keep trucking on. THEY ARE CONSISTENT.

We are the fucking Sybil of the NFL...

whoman69
12-03-2011, 01:02 PM

Another flame out at QB?

Either way, this is ****ing stupid.

You draft a QB until you find one.

All of that was a misunderstanding. The Chiefs thought they were prohibited by law in drafting a QB in round one after Blackledge.

IMO either Cassel or Orton should stay as a backup (which is all they really were anyway). Probably Cassel stays because he has a fairly low deal next year and Orton is not signed. Cassel will be less of a cap hit when we do eventually cut him.

I have to agree, getting a guy under center for 10 years is much better than picking up the latest project every three years. We do it right we should only have to do it once every decade.

notorious
12-03-2011, 01:13 PM
There isn't a person here more opposed to that strategy than me.

I have no ****ing clue why you think I'm.......STOP.

Hated Bono, then trading for yet another 49'er stopgap, hated the DV hire, then Ca$$3ole, hated being the team being "the next..."

When KC decides to retake it's own identity and quit trying to be something else we'll start winning games.

I want that. I want a coach who wants to MAKE KC what it really is.

It's why the Steelers keep trucking on. THEY ARE CONSISTENT.

We are the ****ing Sybil of the NFL...

Ok then. We are on the same page, kind of.

How do you propose we get our QB?

Rausch
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Ok then. We are on the same page, kind of.

How do you propose we get our QB?

DRAFT ONE...

notorious
12-03-2011, 01:38 PM
DRAFT ONE...

So why did you disagree with my post?

Draft one, he doesn't work, draft another one.

I am guessing 3 years is enough per QB until the right guy is found.

O.city
12-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Well what are everyones thoughts after that Baylor game?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Griffin can barely speak? Jesus, he speaks better than Matt Barkley. Black QBs are like catnip for the latent racists around here.

O.city
12-03-2011, 06:56 PM
I didn't get that either. THe dude has been accepted to law school, I think he can handle his words alright.

notorious
12-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I am extremely impressed with Griffin's speaking ability.

lewdog
12-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Griffin can barely speak? Jesus, he speaks better than Matt Barkley. Black QBs are like catnip for the latent racists around here.

Yea and last time I checked I thought we were judging him on how well he plays football? He could be a mute for all I care, I just want a guy that can throw the football.

jd1020
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Yea and last time I checked I thought we were judging him on how well he plays football? He could be a mute for all I care, I just want a guy that can throw the football.

Hmmmm.

I don't think that would work out too well.

lewdog
12-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Hmmmm.

I don't think that would work out too well.

**** it....if he has an arm, he is better than anyone on our roster. Someone else can call out the audibles, plays and you could just always use a silent count. Problem solved. :)

O.city
12-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I think it's pretty obvious to most that it's one of these two in the first round next year. No more of this LT crap talk.

Get one of these guys, show the league you are serious about being a contender and lets do this shit.

O.city
12-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Board is pretty dead tonight with Chiefs talk to I'll try to spart some.

What free agents would you like to see the Chiefs add?

jd1020
12-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Chris Myers.

O.city
12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
With the wrs we have I really wanna see RGIII on this team.