PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Marlins have made 10-year offer to Pujols

Pages : 1 [2]

DJ's left nut
12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm not gonna lie - I really want Fielder now.

A lefty slugger manning the cleanup spot after Holliday (who takes his rightful spot as a 3 hitter) and Berkman would make this lineup just as dangerous as last years, if not moreso.

There are ways to move on from this and be just fine for it.

Frazod
12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
It does make perfect sense for an aging veteran to sign with an American League team. That's what the DH was created for.

evenfall
12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Makes sense all the way around. Pujols would be nuts not to take a ten year deal with full no trade and $25 million per year. The Cardinals would have been nuts to do it. I think they dodged a bullet. And the way it played out the team doesn't bear the PR problem of people saying they let the best player of his generation walk. They will be better off in the end.

oldandslow
12-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm not gonna lie - I really want Fielder now.

A lefty slugger manning the cleanup spot after Holliday (who takes his rightful spot as a 3 hitter) and Berkman would make this lineup just as dangerous as last years, if not moreso.

There are ways to move on from this and be just fine for it.

This...But would Fielder also demand Pujols money?

jd1020
12-08-2011, 09:56 AM

Why the **** would Fielder demand Pujols money?

It's going to cost a lot to get him though. The market isn't as big as he hoped for, but the Cubs have reportedly be after him for a lot of money for less years.

BigCatDaddy
12-08-2011, 09:56 AM
No Pujols, no Larussa?

DJ's left nut
12-08-2011, 09:57 AM

Are there any other teams out there willing to give it to him?

The Cardinals have always operated pretty well with Boras and the suitors for a big money 1bman have kinda whittled down (the Marlins have burned their cash).

Unless the Cubs snatch him, it would seem that the Cardinals are still in the best shape for him, no? I guess the Rangers could also make a strong play.