PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Must Hire Jeff Fisher

Pages : 1 [2]

htismaqe
12-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Fisher, twice in Tennessee tried building around a first round-drafted QB. Steve McNair was a success, Vince Young was not. The point is though Fisher's approach was to build around a drafted, young QB rather than go the stop-gap veteran approach.

And why don't you see Fisher wanting to put in the time to draft and develop a QB in KC? He is 53 years old... 11 years younger than Romeo.

Fisher didn't want Vince Young.

htismaqe
12-28-2011, 09:27 AM
What you don't realize is that Fisher sees the value in a franchise QB.

The silver lining is that Fisher swung and missed last time around.

I gotta think that if Marty were to come back to coaching, the first thing he'd do is try to get a QB. I don't see any reason to believe Fisher is any different.

These guys aren't stupid - they watch more football than we do.

KC_Lee
12-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Fisher didn't want Vince Young.

No he didn't and he acted like a little kid while VY was on the team. And when the ultimatium was either Fisher or Young and the team cut Young, Fisher left anyhow. Real class act there.

Dexter Manley
12-28-2011, 09:29 AM
I'd rep you if you weren't a stupid mult.

"mult" implies posting under multiple names. I have never done that. I've been tossed twice, and a few days ago, I got hacked and my poster name changed.

But I have never posted under two names at the same time, and would still be posting as TFG if some of the morans here weren't so touchy being outed as morans...

Dexter Manley
12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
No he didn't and he acted like a little kid while VY was on the team. And when the ultimatium was either Fisher or Young and the team cut Young, Fisher left anyhow. Real class act there.

I would tend to think that is not the full story, because it implies VY was just a prince who did everything right on and off the field, and that wasn't the case at all...

milkman
12-28-2011, 09:35 AM
The silver lining is that Fisher swung and missed last time around.

I gotta think that if Marty were to come back to coaching, the first thing he'd do is try to get a QB. I don't see any reason to believe Fisher is any different.

These guys aren't stupid - they watch more football than we do.

I have very little doubt that Fisher recognizes the value of a franchise QB, and the fact is, he tried to find that guy twice, whether he wanted the one that was selected for him the second time around.

But the fact also remains that his coaching philosophy is a mirror image of Marty.

Play not to lose.

Will that change with a new team?

After 16+ years of that philosophy, I have strong doubts.

KC_Lee
12-28-2011, 09:47 AM
I would tend to think that is not the full story, because it implies VY was just a prince who did everything right on and off the field, and that wasn't the case at all...

Not going to disagree with you at all. VY was just as much of a child as Fisher was during the whole ordeal.

KC_Lee
12-28-2011, 09:48 AM
I have very little doubt that Fisher recognizes the value of a franchise QB, and the fact is, he tried to find that guy twice, whether he wanted the one that was selected for him the second time around.

But the fact also remains that his coaching philosophy is a mirror image of Marty.

Play not to lose.

This, just repeat this over and over and over when thinking that the Chiefs should hire Fisher.

OzarksChiefsFan
12-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Why would they hire someone with a 54% career record. Fisher is no Cowher. They have someone in Crennel who they know can get along with Pioli. Fisher would not be an upgrade over Crennel. Why anyone would want Fisher is beyond comprehension?

KC_Lee
12-28-2011, 09:56 AM
How about we put this into some language that everyone on this board can relate too?

Jeff Fisher is the Matt Cassell of NFL Coaches.

Titty Meat
12-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Play not to lose.

Was that Martys strategy in San Diego? Cam Cameron was pretty aggressive. If that dumbass holds onto the ball we aren't having this conversation.

MahiMike
12-28-2011, 10:06 AM
I've been wanting Fisher since Vermeil left. Dude is nails. I like the fact he hasn't been getting soft sitting in an ESPN studio like those other clowns. I'd prefer an offensive coach (ala Vermeil) but he's a good cross between defense and offense. I think his teams are as balanced as Belichick's.

Balance is the key.

milkman
12-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Was that Martys strategy in San Diego? Cam Cameron was pretty aggressive. If that dumbass holds onto the ball we aren't having this conversation.

Yes, it's possible that Fisher can change his stripes.

It only took Marty 25 years, so I guess that Fisher might get it, as well.

But I ain't hanging my hat on that hope.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Why would they hire someone with a 54% career record. Fisher is no Cowher. They have someone in Crennel who they know can get along with Pioli. Fisher would not be an upgrade over Crennel. Why anyone would want Fisher is beyond comprehension?

Fisher has 100+ more career wins than Romeo as an NFL HC, but he isn't an upgrade over Romeo?

The Romeo lovers need to get a grip.

Titty Meat
12-28-2011, 10:20 AM

Me either. Still think he's a better choice than RAC though.

Danman
12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
per Jason LaCanfora Rams to fire Spagnuolo, pusue ex-Titan Fisher

Danman
12-28-2011, 10:27 AM
The Rams can have him!

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 10:28 AM

During Fisher's tenure as HC in Tennessee he showed he can adapt his approach, based on the strengths of his personnel.

During his initial years, the Titans were run-oriented with Eddie George as McNair developed into an NFL QB.

During the early 2000's, the Titans became more pass-oriented, especially during McNair's Co-MVP season.

When he had Vince Young (and his mediocre QB abilities) and Chris Johnson he went back to a run-oriented approach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Spagnuolo was a fucking disaster. Dude won 10 games in three years. Herm laughs at that shit.

milkman
12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
During Fisher's tenure as HC in Tennessee he showed he can adapt his approach, based on the strengths of his personnel.

During his initial years, the Titans were run-oriented with Eddie George as McNair developed into an NFL QB.

During the early 2000's, the Titans became more pass-oriented, especially during McNair's Co-MVP season.

When he had Vince Young (and his mediocre QB abilities) and Chris Johnson he went back to a run-oriented approach.

Steve McNair's highest number of passing attempts was 492.

Steve Bono, in his first season as the Chiefs starter, attempted 520 passes.

Okie_Apparition
12-28-2011, 11:08 AM
The Rams tuned into thug central?
CAN'T WAIT
The Raiders by the Mississippi

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Its fucking hillarious that dude that has a raging hard on for Al Saunders and wanted Josh McDaniels is pimping the shit out of Jeff Fisher. Fucking golden stuff.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2011, 11:09 AM
The Rams tuned into thug central?
CAN'T WAIT

The ghetto is one block north of the Dome anyways.

Okie_Apparition
12-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Lawrence Phillips may make a comeback

FD
12-28-2011, 11:14 AM
If thats true I feel bad for the Rams.

Dave Lane
12-28-2011, 12:56 PM
seems a lot like Marty to me.
for the fans that liked Marty this is probably a good hire, i was more of a DV fan myself.

i like high powered Offense.

I do to but if we can win a Super Bowl 2-0 I'm good with that.

I hate retreads!!!

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Steve McNair's highest number of passing attempts was 492.

Steve Bono, in his first season as the Chiefs starter, attempted 520 passes.

During a three season period... 2003, 2004 and 2005 the Titans ranked in the top 10 in passing yards, including as high as 5th in the NFL in passing offense during McNair's 2003 Co-MVP season.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Its ****ing hillarious that dude that has a raging hard on for Al Saunders and wanted Josh McDaniels is pimping the shit out of Jeff Fisher. ****ing golden stuff.

What makes you think that Fisher wouldn't implement an aggressive passing offense with the Chiefs?

When McNair was in the prime of his career in Tennessee, the Titans were an aggressive passing team.

Fisher didn't want to draft Vince Young, and had very few options but to run the type of run-oriented, conservative offense the Titans ran with Young because of his limitations as a passing QB.

Hammock Parties
12-28-2011, 01:22 PM
One thing most Chiefs fans don't even realize about Fisher is that he liked to go deep.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 01:27 PM
One thing most Chiefs fans don't even realize about Fisher is that he liked to go deep.

The stats support that.

From the 1999-2003 seasons, the Titans were in the top 10 in passing yards/attempt, including leading the NFL in passing yards per attempt during the 2003 season.

Sofa King
12-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Too bad he didn't like to go deep into the playoffs.

Dave Lane
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Bam

Bane
12-28-2011, 02:01 PM

ROFL

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM

He went to a Super Bowl.

That's deeper than any Chiefs coach has taken KC since Hank Stram.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM

How far did Romeo go in the playoffs with Cleveland?

ROFL

Sofa King
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
He went to a Super Bowl.

That's deeper than any Chiefs coach has taken KC since Hank Stram.

And that's related to Jeff Fisher how?

Sofa King
12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
How far did Romeo go in the playoffs with Cleveland?

ROFL

With Cleveland? With fucking Cleveland?

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 02:40 PM
With Cleveland? With ****ing Cleveland?

JFC, the Romeosexuals are dumber than shit.

Houston/Tennessee was just as shitty of a franchise as Cleveland, when Fisher took over.

Fisher still managed to build them into a Super Bowl participant.

Romeo couldn't do anything in Cleveland except epic fail.

tk13
12-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Fisher always used the vertical passing game. He always used trick plays, onside kicks, etc... people make fun of him for the Music City Miracle but Marty never would've attempted that play. I would never paint him as Sean Payton-aggressive, but I think all the people calling him Marty will be a little surprised when he comes back and cherry picks himself a spot with a QB.

Sofa King
12-28-2011, 02:44 PM

Houston/Tennessee was just as shitty of a franchise as Cleveland, when Fisher took over.

Romeo didn't get over a decade and a half to do it either.

Fisher is shit, Romeo's history is irrelevant to that fact.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Romeo didn't get over a decade and a half to do it either.

Fisher is shit, Romeo's history is irrelevant to that fact.

You can't support a pile of garbage like Romeo and then say Fisher is shit.

Fisher's resume destroys Romeo's in every way possible.

Also Fisher got Tennessee to the Super Bowl in his 5th full season as HC, Romeo was fired after 4 crappy seasons in Cleveland... basically the same time-frame.

And Romeo didn't have to deal with the adversity Fisher had to contend with during his first 4 years as HC... moving from Houston to Tennessee, including multiple seasons of virtually having no home games.

Sofa King
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM

:doh!:

Baby Lee
12-28-2011, 03:16 PM
I fucked up a name.
Big deal.

That isn't even the firsttime today.

Up and coming is a guy that's ready to take the reigns of a team, regardless of age, and 51 isn't that old.

And you are the only stupid motherfucker that thinks I refuse to commit to anything.

But that's to be expected from the useless fucking dumbass that thinks I like herman fucking Edwards.

I get it.
You don't like me because I called you out for the usless fucking dumbass prick you are the moment you showed you useless fucking self around here.

Tell us again how Dick Vermeil was this great coach who got the Chiefs into the playoffs one time in 4 years.

Hey, Milkman Neville, you ever get that berry removed from your face.

"I don't know much, but I know you're a dumbass. And that for me, is all I need to knowwwwww. . . ."

Chiefs Pantalones
12-28-2011, 03:21 PM
We need to make a big splash in the coaching circle. This team needs leadership and direction in the player department as well as coaching. The constant roller coaster play has been because of coaching and lack of players that take on a leadership role. Or at least players that can walk a big game too and not just talk.

The Franchise
12-28-2011, 03:22 PM
per Jason LaCanfora Rams to fire Spagnuolo, pusue ex-Titan Fisher

Spagnuolo is going to the Eagles anyways.....

htismaqe
12-28-2011, 05:02 PM

OK, I can let a lot of this go because you've got stats to back up your opinion, but this is just flat WRONG.

The Oilers were 70-37 in the 7 years prior to Fisher taking over - 33-15 in the 3 years directly prior - including 12-4 the season before Pardee got fired and Fisher was named interim HC.

Fisher's first 4 seasons as HC were 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, and 8-8.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 05:12 PM
OK, I can let a lot of this go because you've got stats to back up your opinion, but this is just flat WRONG.

The Oilers were 70-37 in the 7 years prior to Fisher taking over - 33-15 in the 3 years directly prior - including 12-4 the season before Pardee got fired and Fisher was named interim HC.

Time for a little history lesson...

Fisher took over as an interim coach in the middle of a horrific season... the Houston Oilers were 1-9 at the time.

Many of the players from that 7 year run were either washed up or gone (Warren Moon).

Fisher literally had to rebuild the franchise from scratch, which included a move from Houston to Tennessee.

Aside from the brief run with Warren Moon/Jack Pardee and the "Luv Ya Blue" era under Bum Phillips, the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans were a mediocre until Fisher became HC.

htismaqe
12-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Time for a little history lesson...

Fisher took over as an interim coach in the middle of a horrific season... the Houston Oilers were 1-9 at the time.

Many of the players from that 7 year run were either washed up or gone (Warren Moon).

Fisher literally had to rebuild the franchise from scratch, which included a move from Houston to Tennessee.

Aside from the brief run with Warren Moon/Jack Pardee and the "Luv Ya Blue" era under Bum Phillips, the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans were a mediocre until Fisher became HC.

ROFL

There's no way to twist it, despite how much you desperately want to.

The Oilers won 9 games or more in ALL 7 of the seasons previous to Pardee's firing.

They didn't have a winning season until Fishers FIFTH year.

Look, I get what you're trying to do here. I really do.

But to say that the Oilers were "mediocre" before Fisher is a bold-faced lie. Period.

Baby Lee
12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
ROFL

The Oilers won 9 games or more in ALL 7 of the seasons previous to Pardee's firing.

But to say that the Oilers were "mediocre" before Fisher is a bold-faced lie. Period.
I'd say the Oilers in Pardee's waning years were analogous to the 2003 Chiefs. How did Roaf's subsequent retirement and subsequent Green's concussion fare for us over the next 7 years? If Herm had somehow gotten us to the SB by 2009, would he be a mediocre coach then, too?

whoman69
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM

Also Fisher got Tennessee to the Super Bowl in his 5th full season as HC, Romeo was fired after 4 crappy seasons in Cleveland... basically the same time-frame.

And Romeo didn't have to deal with the adversity Fisher had to contend with during his first 4 years as HC... moving from Houston to Tennessee, including multiple seasons of virtually having no home games.

There is probably no worse organization than the current Cleveland Browns. I know they claim all the old franchise records, but that franchise is now in Baltimore. This franchise is the old Browns in name only. In the 13 seasons since they came back they've had two winning seasons, just one in the playoffs. Crennel has the only 10 win season in their history, and Romeo is the winningest coach in their new franchise history. Crennel also has 5 Super Bowl rings as a coordinator.

htismaqe
12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I'd say the Oilers in Pardee's waning years were analogous to the 2003 Chiefs. How did Roaf's subsequent retirement and subsequent Green's concussion fare for us over the next 7 years? If Herm had somehow gotten us to the SB by 2009, would he be a mediocre coach then, too?

It's not about Fisher himself being mediocre. It's about people trying to make Fisher into some kind of savior and suggesting that he resurrected that team.

It all boils down to 2 guys - Warren Moon and Steve McNair. With Moon, they won 11, 10, and 12 games under Pardee. Moon gone and bam - 2 and 14 season, Pardee gets fired. They didn't have a winning season again until McNair's 3rd year.

It really had nothing to do with Fisher OR Pardee.

SAUTO
12-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Herm could never get to the level of mediocre. Evenif he had won a sb as a coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2011, 08:43 PM

LMAO Pure ownership.

Brock
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM

How exciting!

FD
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM

Pretty much define his whole career, a shining beacon of mediocrity.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-29-2011, 11:54 AM
NFL_BridgeMarc Lillibridge

Me too RT @DaveRazzano: Shocked to see Jeff Fisher only has 6 winning seasons in 17 years as head coach.

Okie_Apparition
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Move over Fisher, they're starting to tear down Chucky now
Woot

Mr. Plow
12-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Pretty much define his whole career, a shining beacon of mediocrity.

Which is why he'll be the front runner for the Chiefs position. :doh!:

Hammock Parties
12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
People are making way too much out of this 6 of 17 crap.

Needing to rebuild the Titans and then have to contend with Vince Young obviously meant a few losing seasons.

Also, 8-8 wins the AFC West. :D

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
6 Winning Seasons
5 .500 Seasons
5 Losing Seasons

whoman69
12-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Herm could never get to the level of mediocre. Evenif he had won a sb as a coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

Herm had delusions of adequacy.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Herm Edwards has same amount of playoff appreances as Jeff Fisher.

BossChief
12-29-2011, 01:15 PM

Needing to rebuild the Titans and then have to contend with Vince Young obviously meant a few losing seasons.

WTF are youalking about?

You may want to check Vince Youngs win loss record again.

If it weren't for him, Fisher wouldn't have as many winning seasons.

Dude stepped in his rookie year and the team turned everything around and went on a big win streak...same thing happened in his third year...team only had like 1 win and 5 or 6 losses and the owner wanted Fisher to play Young and the team started winning games again.

I'd have to check, but those may well be 2 of his 6 winning seasons, not sure if they got past 8-8 the second time, though.

VY was a far cry from a really good player, but he deserves the credit he earned.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM
VY was a far cry from a really good player, but he deserves the credit he earned.

OK. LMAO

Vince Young has NEVER thrown more than 12 TD passes in a season.

If you actually look at the Titans winning streak that year it was pretty much their defense doing the heavy lifting, and the same was true in 2007.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2009.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2007.htm

He is not a good QB. Fisher would probably still be the coach if the Titans had picked Cutler.

The Titans were 13-3 without young...because of their defense, and because Kerry Collins was halfway decent instead of being shitty like VY.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Here is Fisher in the Vince Young era:
Vince Young - 30-17
Without Young - 15-17

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-29-2011, 01:25 PM
OK. LMAO

Vince Young has NEVER thrown more than 12 TD passes in a season.

If you actually look at the Titans winning streak that year it was pretty much their defense doing the heavy lifting, and the same was true in 2007.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2009.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2007.htm

He is not a good QB. Fisher would probably still be the coach if the Titans had picked Cutler.

The Titans were 13-3 without young...because of their defense, and because Kerry Collins was halfway decent instead of being shitty like VY.

You cry that haley gets blown out in games have you seen some of fisher teams?

BossChief
12-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Here is Fisher in the Vince Young era:
Vince Young - 30-17
Without Young - 15-17

It's a shame th Fisher sat all his really good players until Young played.

Think of what he could have done if he played all those guys when other quarterbacks started for Tennessee.

Haha

No way Cutler goes better than 30-17 during that span.

Fisher was lucky his owner forced him to play the guy that won games.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
ROFL

ROFL JFC, this dumbshit refuses to comprehend basic facts.

The talent that won 9 games or more during the 7 seasons prior to Pardee's firing was washed up or gone by the time Fisher took over.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? Fisher took over team at the beginning of a massive rebuilding job.

To make matters more complicated, Fisher had to rebuild while the franchise was in a messy relocation process from Houston to Memphis and then to Nashville. This included multiple seasons of playing "home games" in empty stadiums.

The fact Fisher was able to maintain a .500 level team during this turbulent time was and still is considered a great coaching job on Fisher's part.

Do yourself a favor and review the history of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans in the mid/late 1990's when Fisher took over.

Right now you look completely ignorant on the subject, which explains why you are getting whored in epic fashion.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Amazing. LMAO

Bane
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
He doesn't fit the mold.Next topic.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 01:39 PM

And people forget how turbulent the relocation was from Houston to Tennessee. It was a multi year process that involved a stop in Memphis where local fans ignored the team.

The fact Fisher kept the team at around .500 during those times was a great coaching job.

J Diddy
12-29-2011, 01:41 PM
6 Winning Seasons
5 .500 Seasons
5 Losing Seasons

Yep sign him up.

If he won't sign let's see if Gun is available.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Herm Edwards has same amount of playoff appreances as Jeff Fisher.

Actually he doesn't.

Herm has four playoff appearances as HC, 3 with the Jets and one with the Chiefs.

Fisher has 6 playoff appearances as HC (all with the Titans).

Don't let facts get in the way of you continuing to be a dumbshit.

Of course you fit the role of being a dumbshit quite well.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
And people forget how turbulent the relocation was from Houston to Tennessee. It was a multi year process that involved a stop in Memphis where local fans ignored the team.

The fact Fisher kept the team at around .500 during those times was a great coaching job.

They moved to Memphis for 1997 and then after that they were in Nashville. It was not that big of a deal after the 1997 season.

Steron
12-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Fuck no to Cowher. Fuck no to Fisher.

Reid, with McDaniels or Norv as OC and Crennel as DC

Long shot I like is David Shaw although he won't leave the college ranks this soon.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Actually he doesn't.

Herm has four playoff appearances as HC, 3 with the Jets and one with the Chiefs.

Fisher has 6 playoff appearances as HC (all with the Titans).

Don't let facts get in the way of you continuing to be a dumbshit.

Of course you fit the role of being a dumbshit quite well.

I looked at the wrong number, it was playoff game appreances.

Of course you are the dumbshit that wants a fucking loser like Jeff Fisher as our head coach.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Watch ChiefsCountry avoid addressing his/her/it's epic fail on claiming that Fisher and Herm both have the same # of playoff appearances.

Come on dumbshit, explain your latest example of stupidity.

Amazingly that wasn't even your dumbest post on this thread.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I looked at the wrong number, it was playoff game appreances.

Yeah numbers can sure be confusing.

JFC what a dumbshit.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
**** no to Cowher. **** no to Fisher.

Reid, with McDaniels or Norv as OC and Crennel as DC

Long shot I like is David Shaw although he won't leave the college ranks this soon.

I hope this is a joke ......fuck no to reid

J Diddy
12-29-2011, 01:51 PM

JFC what a dumbshit.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I would think it would be hard to call someone a dumbshit while praising the notion of Fisher as the head coach.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 02:53 PM
I would think it would be hard to call someone a dumbshit while praising the notion of Fisher as the head coach.

Those who make dumbshit statements such as this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8240932&postcount=96

All the more reason an average quarterback and an elite defense could work.

Have no room to talk.

BoneKrusher
12-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Not a Fisher fan here but hey i'll take anyone over Haley even RAC

philfree
12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
My take on Fisher is that wether or not you think he was a good HC or not after 16 years in one HC job he's done. He doesn't have anything left in the tank. So while I respected Fisher as a HC no thanks.

notorious
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
I weep for the future of this franchise.

Jeff fucking Fisher. :facepalm:

J Diddy
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Those who make dumbshit statements such as this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8240932&postcount=96

Have no room to talk.
Thought the Giants did pretty well with Eli under center. What do I know.

Steron
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
I hope this is a joke ......fuck no to reid

Yeah, you're right. :rolleyes: I would hate to have a coach who has 9 winning seasons, 2 losing seasons, and 1 season of 8-8 as the HC. Not to mention 10-9 in the play-offs with 1 Super Bowl appearance. Would be better than anything we've had in a long time.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Titans fans chiming in

Pro: There's no coach better working with the media and fans. He's a charmer with a good sense of humor. You'll get a good coaches show with him.

Con: He can talk for an hour and say nothing. You can search the term "Fisherspeak" here and get some ideas of what I mean. The man is vague. "Yancy has a hammy and he's day-to-day but we may need to shut him down for a while. He's listed as questionable to play Sunday." Usually, that meant Yancy was out 4-6 weeks.

Pro: He's a player's coach.

Con: It often meant he was loyal to a vet even if a backup was outplaying him. Fisher wants consistency over a guy who can make a play but also makes a blunder. He's big about players knowing their assignments.

Pro: He believes in much of the things the Chiefs seem to like to do now. He likes to run the football and play tough defense. It could be a good fit.

Con: Many here believe his style of play is obsolete in a pass-happy NFL. He's big about limiting mistakes so he's one to play the percentages. If the Titans are down by 3 with 2:30 remaining and it's 4th-and-three on their own 45, he'd probably punt and try to pin an opponent deep, burn his timeouts and hope to get the ball back with 1:45 left instead of going for it.

I found his offense extremely predictable at times. I believe he was big on winning the one-on-one match-ups and not being innovative. He's big on winning by making the fewest mistakes. Even when the Titans had solid seasons, the style of football was often not entertaining.

Pro: Overall, no one knows the rules of the game better. The guy probably knows more than most of the refs on the field. With a season off, he'd hopefully come back energized. A big key, IMO, is that he gets a quality offensive coordinator who he trusts to give the majority of decision-making to.

Con: Make sure the job doesn't include general manager duties. Many believe his influence in personnel his final seasons here were more than they should have been and rumor has it he was big behind drafting players such as Pacman Jones and LenDale White. As part of that, he seemed to treat them differently than other players which made things tense in the locker room.

FD
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM

Please. In 2009 the Titans started out 0-6 including a 59-0 blowout, and then Fisher was forced against his will by Bud Adams to replace Kerry Collins with Vince Young, who then led the team to win 8 of the last 10. Get your head out of your ass.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Watch ChiefsCountry avoid addressing his/her/it's epic fail on claiming that Fisher and Herm both have the same # of playoff appearances.

Come on dumbshit, explain your latest example of stupidity.

Amazingly that wasn't even your dumbest post on this thread.

Herm made the playoffs in 4 of 8 seasons. 50%

Jeff fisher has been to the playoffs 6 of 16 seasons. 38%

Is this really the argument you want to be making?

By the way. Cowher is 67%. Reid is about 70%.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2011, 04:47 PM

JFC what a dumbshit.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Yeah your still the dumbshit that wants Jeff Fisher and before that Josh McDaniels, Mike Martz, and Al Saunders.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM

Herm inherited a playoff-caliber team built by Parcells. After comatose Al Groh's one season, Herm took Parcells' team to the playoffs and then 4 years later drove the franchise into the ground.

Fisher took over a franchise in complete shambles (1-9 at the time he took over) and built it into a Super Bowl contending team.

Comparing Fisher to Herm would be laughable in virtually any other NFL city except apparently Kansas City.

Then again this is the city with dumbshit fans who are actually advocating for a loser like Romeo to be HC, so I guess it is to be expected.

whoman69
12-29-2011, 07:42 PM

Just to make sure there is no feeling that Herm was a good coach, his win % in the regular season was .422 and he left two franchises in total disarray when he left. To compare Fisher to Herm is really a stretch. Fisher had a win % of .542 and took a team to the Super Bowl. Herm won one division crown with a 9-7 team, Fisher won 4. Herm only has 8 years as a coach because he crapped his pants wherever he went, taking teams with winning records and riding that until he killed the franchise. He had a streak where he won 2 of 14 regular season games with the Jets, and was 1-19 with the chiefs. Herm never won more than 10 regular season games in a season.

That said I don't want Fisher either, don't think he has the energy to take a team to the top anymore.

htismaqe
12-30-2011, 08:18 AM
The comparisons to Herm are absurd.

Herm is a franchise killer. Fisher isn't anywhere NEAR that.

Hammock Parties
12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
The comparisons to Herm are absurd.

Herm is a franchise killer. Fisher isn't anywhere NEAR that.

Fisher is a True Fan's dream.

Which means $$$$$$$$$$$$$

LMAO

notorious
12-30-2011, 08:49 AM

LMAO

Damnit.

This is the best and most valid point that I think you've ever made. :(

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 08:54 AM

LMAO

Fisher is a very good person who gets good effort from players. But he is not a brilliant strategist.

notorious
12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Fisher is a very good person who gets good effort from players. But he is not a brilliant strategist.

You just described Marty, and he won a hell of a lot more.

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 09:05 AM
You just described Marty, and he won a hell of a lot more.

Total number of SB wins??

notorious
12-30-2011, 09:06 AM
Total number of SB wins??

Of course not. TrueFans love regular season domination.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Herm inherited a playoff-caliber team built by Parcells. After comatose Al Groh's one season, Herm took Parcells' team to the playoffs and then 4 years later drove the franchise into the ground.

Fisher took over a franchise in complete shambles (1-9 at the time he took over) and built it into a Super Bowl contending team.

Comparing Fisher to Herm would be laughable in virtually any other NFL city except apparently Kansas City.

Then again this is the city with dumbshit fans who are actually advocating for a loser like Romeo to be HC, so I guess it is to be expected.

I'm not comparing him to herm. I'm commenting on your false logic above tha because fisher went to more playoffs that makes him more successful. If anything, that points to how ineffective fisher has been that he's been to the playoffs at a worse % than herm.

And for that matter.,. If you're going to discount herms playoff wins with parcels' team, then ou can't ignore the years he didn't make the playoffs with carl peterson's rejects. That's one sided.