PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Must Hire Jeff Fisher

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Chiefs Must Hire Jeff Fisher
(http://kan.scout.com/2/1142042.html)
With their Christmas Eve loss to the Oakland Raiders, the Kansas City Chiefs are on the clock for 2012. In two weeks we’ve seen what Romeo Crennel can do. Now it’s time to see what Jeff Fisher can do.

Had the Chiefs won on Saturday, coupled with losses by San Diego at Detroit and Denver at Buffalo, Kansas City had a chance to win their second consecutive AFC West title.

But that didn’t happen thanks to a horrific offensive game plan, Dwayne Bowe’s drop in the end zone in the first half and two long bombs that took advantage of KC’s pitiful deep secondary. So with the Chiefs out of the playoff chase, it’s time to get realistic about the future of this football team. That means Chairman Clark Hunt needs to hire Jeff Fisher as Kansas City’s next head coach.

I’ve seen all I need to see in regards to interim head coach Romeo Crennel. He’s a great defensive coordinator. He’s been the primary reason the Chiefs have six wins to this point in the season. But going forward, he’s not the right fit at head coach.

If you want to be the permanent head coach, you don’t allow your team to lose it’s fifth straight to Oakland at home. It’s harsh, but Crennel failed his audition to become the next head coach of the Chiefs.

Defensively, his talents are unprecedented. There isn’t a better coordinator at the NFL level than Crennel. As a head coach, he’s not as sharp. Granted, he’s inheriting the mess leftover by his predecessor, Todd Haley. But had he won on Saturday, I might have felt different.

With rumors already circulating that the Chiefs might have something in place with Jeff Fisher, it’s time to discuss his hire as a potential reality. In my view, other than Bill Cowher, who reportedly interviewed with the San Diego Chargers last week, Fisher is the only option for the Chiefs.

After continual run-ins with Titans owner Bud Adams, Fisher was let go a year ago. Ever since then, he’s kept an eye open for his next NFL gig.

Should the Chiefs hire him, Fisher will bring a coaching stability to the organization that hasn’t been present since Marty Schottenheimer. Before that, you’d have to go back to Hank Stram as a stabilizing force.

Fisher is in that class, and could spend the next 10 years at the helm of the Chiefs. I believe that’s what Clark Hunt is looking for as he takes a more hands-on role with his football team.

There’s been much said about his unwillingness to spend money, but that won’t be the case in his search for KC’s next head coach. He’s already paying general manager Scott Pioli a king’s ransom, so I can’t see why he would be stingy when it comes to grabbing one of the best coaches available.

Per our source, Hunt is prepared to pay whatever it takes to land one of the premier coaching candidates. That includes Fisher.

But does Fisher want to coach the Chiefs? He’d be a fool not to. Of all the coaching vacancies open now or in the near future, Kansas City is poised for long-standing success. With plenty of starters returning on both sides of the ball next year, a ton of cash to spend in free agency and quite likely a last place schedule in 2012, the Chiefs might even be favored to win the AFC West next year.

The rebuilding process in Kansas City is nearly over. Right now it’s a matter of Hunt, Pioli and, hopefully, Fisher, getting this team ready to take the next step. With the lockout behind us, they’ll enjoy a normal offseason.

The 2011 season should serve as a learning experience for Hunt, Pioli, the coaching staff and most of the players. There’s a fine line between the 32 teams in the NFL. On any given Sunday, any team can beat another.

In Kansas City next season, Fisher could make that dynamic work for the Chiefs and return the franchise to the playoffs.

The organization needs to seize this opportunity, learn from their previous mistakes and charge ahead. The Chiefs need to reward their enormous fan base for their long standing patience and support.

It’s time to bring in the right head coach. Someone with fresh ideas and no ties to anyone else within the organization. It’s time for a new direction.

That means it’s Fisher time in Kansas City.

Iconic
12-25-2011, 12:36 PM
No.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-25-2011, 12:37 PM
This is what happens when a "journalist" gets himself pot-committed to a story, he latches his credibility to the outcome that is beyond his control.

milkman
12-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes, the Chiefs need to hire Jeff Fisher, so they can approach the level of consistent mediocrity that Marty brought to the Chiefs.

That would just be so exciting.

DaKCMan AP
12-25-2011, 12:39 PM
What a crappy article based upon a "source" that is less credible than dogshit.

Chieftain58
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
No. Double NO! What has he won?

Mr. Plow
12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
God no.

Ebolapox
12-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd hire a fucking prostitute to be our head coach if it meant we'd get RGIII or luck.

FD
12-25-2011, 12:45 PM
God no. Fisher is the most overrated coach in football.

Sure-Oz
12-25-2011, 12:46 PM
So who does everyone want as the HC?

Bowser
12-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Fisher would be fine, provided he hangs on to Crennel for defense, and gets a guy like Norv Turner for offense.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Fisher would be fine, provided he hangs on to Crennel for defense, and gets a guy like Norv Turner for offense.
or
Romeo would be fine to run the Defense and be the HC if we had a guy like Norv as OC.

BossChief
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Didn't these sources not too long ago say Clark wasn't gonna pay over 3 million for a coach?

Now he is willing to pay whatever it takes?

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM

I want a fair open process that explores people outside of the tree.

I'm especially intrigued by Mike Zimmer. And he happens to be within the tree.

Also, keep in mind that the best coaches aren't always the exceptional X's and O's guys. If the CHiefs look hard enough, there should be a good coach that isn't necessarily a household name. As I've said before, nobody would have looked at Tomlin or McCarthy and said they were the most exceptional X's and O's guys.

milkman
12-25-2011, 01:05 PM

I's be shocked of Crennel chose to stay if passed over for the HC position.

BossChief
12-25-2011, 01:06 PM
I'd like for the HC to be an offensive minded guy with solid leadership and motivational abilities.

A guy that can hire on, bring in his guys to install his offense and let Romeo do his thing with the defense.

Pretty much NOT Fisher.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I'd like for the HC to be an offensive minded guy with solid leadership and motivational abilities.

I would, too.

But I think Hunt is going to make this his choice, and he wants someone "safe."

cabletech94
12-25-2011, 01:10 PM
i'm just waiting for someone to call him Fischer again.

Rams Fan
12-25-2011, 01:12 PM

Eric Studesville says wassup.

Bowser
12-25-2011, 01:14 PM

With the glut of head coaching positions that will be available, I may agree. I guess it all depends on who the Chiefs bring in if it's not him to coach the team to see if Crennel thinks they would have a shot, and if it would be worth it to stay at coordinator.

If Crennel does get the gig, I think it becomes imperative to get Norv, or someone of his caliber, to coach the offense.

Bowser
12-25-2011, 01:14 PM
I would, too.

That would be Carl all over again. Fuck that.

rocknrolla
12-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Hell to the NO!

Predarat
12-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Jeff Fisher will get a Superbowl ring in 16 years. If everyone is patient enough.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 01:20 PM

exactly.
make him HC/DC and hire Norv.

BossChief
12-25-2011, 01:24 PM
I would, too.

How do you know what Clark wants?

Fisher is a defensive minded coach with a full background in the 4-3 defense.

I guess I don't understand how we are a better team if we hire him.

If we are looking at Fisher, FFS just hire Bill Cowher with the big bucks and be done with it.

If we are gonna go all in on a defensive coach, at least get the best one.

Dave Lane
12-25-2011, 01:25 PM
No. I'd consider Gruden or even possibly Reid if he's let go or Cowher as a last resort in the retread category. I'd rather get an up and coming Coordinator and grow our own head coach, except that everyone in Chiefs kingdom would want him fired after every loss.

Bane
12-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Fisher told me fuck KC and all them dirt roads.

Bwana
12-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Not only no, but hell no.

Easy 6
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Whats he really going to bring that Crennel cant?

Defense? Romeo has done a brilliant job of that as far as i'm concerned, from piecing togther a respectable unit from a mishmash of pieces last year, to keeping them together, competing hard & adjusting his philosophy to include more blitzing to help a weak safety group this year... with the added bonus of not bringing in a bunch of Haynesworths & Finnegans.

Running game? any decent OC brought in should be able to put a decent run game together.

QB? Romeo got a pro bowl season out of Derrick ****ing Anderson, nuff said.

Championship experience? while Fisher took a team as HC to a super bowl - once in 16 years - Romeo coached his side of the ball to three championships, and i dont wanna hear about Romeo being 'soft' on D, those pats defenses were as dominant & nasty as anyone.

Romeo has earned another shot imo & i'm willing to bet he gets it... besides that, Fisher doesnt want to come here, for any amount of money... and i say fine.

Slainte
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Per our source, Hunt is prepared to pay whatever it takes to land one of the premier coaching candidates. That includes Fisher.

LMAO
WPI...

Gonzo
12-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Fisher is a huge "Meh" if hired but then again, so is Crennel.
If those are the options, I'd rather have a guy in there that the players are comfortable with. If the options are wide open, well...
I just don't fucking care anymore. Whoever they hire will probably suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Can't believe the amount of play Fisher gets around here.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Can't believe the amount of play Fisher gets around here.

i don't see much difference in him and Crennel.

with either or, we would need an awesome OC.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
i don't see much difference in him and Crennel.

with either or, we would need an awesome OC.

The difference is that the HC dictates offensive philosophy, regardless of which side of the ball is his specialty, and he will bring in an OC that shares his philosophy.

I will look forward with bated breath and unparalleled excitement to the next Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett if Fisher is hired.

Bane
12-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Why don't we just go out and get our own coach and turn him into a Jeff Fisher that doesn't suck?

I see some idiots here still love dumpster diving for other teams left overs.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:33 PM
And don't get me wrong.

Romeo Crennel may well be the same way, but I don't know.

But the thing is, I do know about Fisher.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 02:34 PM
The Chiefs need an established/veteran head coach who can stand up to Pioli and be a checks and balances to Pioli's decision making.

And for the pro-Romeo crowd who claim they can't see much of a difference between Romeo and Fisher... I present you the facts:

Jeff Fisher: 142-120, 5-6 in the playoffs and 0-1 in the Super Bowl
Romeo: 25-41 (including 1-1 as Chiefs interim HC), zero playoff or Super Bowl appearances as HC.

Probably the most impressive thing about Fisher is he lasted for 16 years and had a lot of success for a horrible owner like Bud Adams.

Bud Adams makes Clark Hunt look like Mark Cuban.

Easy 6
12-25-2011, 02:34 PM
The difference is that the HC dictates offensive philosophy, regardless of which side of the ball is his specialty, and he will bring in an OC that shares his philosophy.

I will look forward with bated breath and unparalleled excitement to the next Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett if Fisher is hired.

Well if ya like those guys, yer gonna LOVE Norm Chow.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
The Chiefs need an established/veteran head coach who can stand up to Pioli and be a checks and balances to Pioli's decision making.

And for the pro-Romeo crowd who claim they can't see much of a difference between Romeo and Fisher... I present you the facts:

Jeff Fisher: 142-120, 5-6 in the playoffs and 0-1 in the Super Bowl
Romeo: 25-41 (including 1-1 as Chiefs interim HC), zero playoff or Super Bowl appearances as HC.

Probably the most impressive thing about Fisher is he lasted for 16 years and had a lot of success for a horrible owner like Bud Adams.

Bud Adams makes Clark Hunt look like Mark Cuban.

Yeah, 8 and a 1/2 wins a year, and a miracle SB appearence.

Jeff Fisher is the very definition of success.

Or mediocrity.

RNR
12-25-2011, 02:38 PM
That would be a great hire...and I hope it does not happen~

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 02:39 PM

Or mediocrity.

And how would you define Romeo in Cleveland.

Oh that's right "you don't know" (as you posted earlier).

24-40 in Cleveland.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:42 PM
And how would you define Romeo in Cleveland.

Oh that's right "you don't know" (as you posted earlier).

24-40 in Cleveland.

What I don't know is whether Crennel learned anything from his experience in Cleveland and can raise his level of ability as a HC with this team.

What I do know about Jeff Fisher is that he was the same mediocre coach after 16 years as he was after his first year.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 02:44 PM
QB? Romeo got a pro bowl season out of Derrick ****ing Anderson, nuff said.

Romeo's "Pro Bowl season" with Anderson at QB was a 10-6 season against the same NFC West/last place gift schedule that Todd Haley got a Pro Bowl season out of Cassel with.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:47 PM
And the fact is, I don't want either.

But if you give me a choice, I'll take Crennel, because Jeff Fisher almost certainly assures us that we will be a mediocre team for the next decade or more, while Crennel either proves he learned something and brings more ot the table, or he continues to suck ass, and we then have a shot at moving on in 3 years or less.

At some point they'll get it right hopefully.

With Jeff Fisher, that point is too distant.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 02:47 PM
What I don't know is whether Crennel learned anything from his experience in Cleveland and can raise his level of ability as a HC with this team.

What I do know about Jeff Fisher is that he was the same mediocre coach after 16 years as he was after his first year.

So basically there is a possibility of Crennel learning and improving from his first head coaching job, but zero possibility of Fisher learning and improving from his first coaching job.

ROFL

You realize you are contradicting yourself in your own argument?

Of course you don't.

You are a dumbshit.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:49 PM
So basically there is a possibility of Crennel learning and improving from his first head coaching job, but zero possibility of Fisher learning and improving from his first coaching job.

ROFL

You realize you are contradicting yourself in your own argument?

Of course you don't.

You are a dumbshit.

So, let me get this straight.

You think that it took 16 years for Fisher to learn something that he can apply to his next job?

And you call me a dumbshit?

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 02:49 PM
And the fact is, I don't want either.

Why don't you man up for once and take a position on something.

State who you would like to see as the next Chiefs HC.

rocknrolla
12-25-2011, 02:50 PM
exactly.
make him HC/DC and hire Norv.

That would the best option we have. Considering what coaches are out there.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Why don't you man up for once and take a position on something.

State who you would like to see as the next Chiefs HC.

I've stated my preferences here before.

It's not my problem that you have a reading comprehension issue.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I've stated my preferences here before.

It's not my problem that you have a reading comprehension issue.

Give a name.

A "young and upcoming" HC, which is what you've stated before is too vague.

Go on record with an actual name.

milkman
12-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Give a name.

I've stated a name dumbass, both on the up and comer, my preference, or a retread, which is neither Crennel or Fisher.

Again, I am not going to give you a name just to appease your useless dumbass.

You want to know, look around.

I'll give your dumbass a hint though.

MP.

rocknrolla
12-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Would things have been different? Had Pioli hired RAC as HC and Haley as the OC. Just putting it out there.

wazu
12-25-2011, 03:09 PM
I've stated a name dumbass, both on the up and comer, my preference, or a retread, which is neither Crennel or Fisher.

MP.

McDainels Please?

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Or mediocrity.

Would you view Marty differently if Carl had saddled him with a shitty QB halfway through his tenure?

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 03:21 PM
LMAO Are you STILL hanging from this losers sack?

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 03:24 PM

I like Chudzinski. He's done a nice job with Newton this season.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 03:29 PM

MP.

Wrong. You've tried to cover your ass by saying you "don't prefer someone like Billick", but you'd prefer him over other established HC's like Fisher.

So do you prefer Billick, no strings attached? Yes or no. Don't put a caveat with it.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I like Chudzinski. He's done a nice job with Newton this season.

Chud would be my #1 choice if the Chiefs go with the assistant route.

I've followed Chud since he was an assistant coach at the University of Miami (including his role as offensive coordinator for the greatest college football team in history, the 2001 Hurricanes).

He would a solid choice.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Would you view Marty differently if Carl had saddled him with a shitty QB halfway through his tenure?

That's all the Chiefs had. Shitty QBs. Except for Montana.
Green was a polished turd hiding behind an ALL WORLD OL, a great running game, and Tony
Gonzalez.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Green was a polished turd

Rather ignorant, really.

Okie_Apparition
12-25-2011, 03:51 PM
The article is titled CHIEFS MUST HIRE JEFF FISHER
Then does not list one, not even one reason why they should
such epic fail

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 03:52 PM
The article is titled CHIEFS MUST HIRE JEFF FISHER
Then does not list one, not even one reason why they should
such epic fail

Read.

Fisher will bring a coaching stability to the organization that hasn’t been present since Marty Schottenheimer. Before that, you’d have to go back to Hank Stram as a stabilizing force.

Fisher is in that class, and could spend the next 10 years at the helm of the Chiefs. I believe that’s what Clark Hunt is looking for as he takes a more hands-on role with his football team.

Okie_Apparition
12-25-2011, 03:54 PM
To hell with any facts or stats
conjecture for the mother ****ing win

Okie_Apparition
12-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh I forgot
Crennel bad

Extra Point
12-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh I forgot
Crennel bad

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Rather ignorant, really.

Not really

KC_Lee
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I have said it repeatedly when this has been brought up. The 'Stache is the most over rated coach in the history of the NFL.

milkman
12-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Wrong. You've tried to cover your ass by saying you "don't prefer someone like Billick", but you'd prefer him over other established HC's like Fisher.

So do you prefer Billick, no strings attached? Yes or no. Don't put a caveat with it.

Once a again, comprehension failure, dumbass.

MP are the initials of the up and comer I've stated I'd rather have.

And no to the dumbass that thinks MP stands for McDaniels.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I have said it repeatedly when this has been brought up. The 'Stache is the most over rated coach in the history of the NFL.

yeah, Fisher would be Marty Ball two.

Titty Meat
12-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Nah Chiefs must hire a 64 year old coach whos 15 games under .500 in his career as HC.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Nah Chiefs must hire a 64 year old coach whos 15 games under .500 in his career as HC.

i'm not saying that at all, i just think there's lots of Chiefs fans that dont wanna go back to that Marty Ball style.

Easy 6
12-25-2011, 05:38 PM

Name the last coach who lit it up in Cleveland.

Thats all i ask.

whoman69
12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Repost

Titty Meat
12-25-2011, 05:54 PM

Thats all i ask.

It doesn't really matter. Some of the same mistakes Romeo made in Cleveland have been made here in just 2 games. He's not a head coach.

Direckshun
12-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Has Pioli not made pretty great coaching acquisitions since 2009?

2009 was its usual clusterfuck everywhere including coaching, but in 2010 he hired two great coordinators, and brought in a good offensive mind this year with Zorn.

Bill Muir was Haley's idea, and Haley's guy.

12-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Lets face it, the Chiefs are never going to get it right. The sooner we all just accept it the sooner we can move on with our lives.

Agent V
12-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Fisher runs a 4-3, for one. And didn't he already state that he wasn't interested? Or was that not a reputable source?

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Give a name.

He has said plenty of time dumbass that he wants Mke Pettine.

Raiderhater
12-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Why don't we just go out and get our own coach and turn him into a Jeff Fisher that doesn't suck?

I see some idiots here still love dumpster diving for other teams left overs.

They have become conditioned to it.

milkman
12-25-2011, 06:35 PM
He has said plenty of time dumbass that he wants Mke Pettine.

Who?

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Who?

Jets Defensive Coordinator?

milkman
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Jets Defensive Coordinator?

That's not the guy.

I am looking at a DC, though.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 06:45 PM
ChiefsCountry: He has said plenty of time dumbass that he wants Mke Pettine.

Lactose Dumbshit: That's not the guy.

I am looking at a DC, though

ROFL

J Diddy
12-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Thats all i ask.

Schottenheimer?

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Once a again, comprehension failure, dumbass.

MP are the initials of the up and comer I've stated I'd rather have.

And no to the dumbass that thinks MP stands for McDaniels.

I've always thought of you as the Queen of Dumbasses, but you've now gone out of your way to confirm it.

Let's recap... you've gone out of your way to avoid revealing who you actually WANT to be the Chiefs next HC. That of course is typical of your M.O. You do anything to avoid having to reveal who or what you are FOR... you'd rather just rail on what or who you are against.

So you claim you are for a "up and coming" assistant coach to be the next Chiefs HC whose initials are "MP".

This is your more elaborate explanation in a previous thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8210971&postcount=18
If we want someone new and fresh, the way I'd rather go, I'd take Mike Pagano.

So you want someone named "Mike Pagano"... one problem... there is no one named "Mike Pagano" who fits the bill as an "up and coming" assistant coach in the NFL currently. In fact there is no one named "Mike Pagano" in the NFL coaching ranks currently PERIOD.

Perhaps "Mike Pagano" is related to Charles "Chuck" Pagano, current Baltimore Ravens Defensive Coordinator?

Pretty pathetic that you can't even get the name of the "up and coming" NFL assistant coach you are allegedly supporting to be the Chiefs next HC correct. But it is to be expected given that you are a DUMBSHIT.

You also apprently don't know what "up and coming" means when it relates to NFL assistant coaches. If you did, perhaps you wouldn't be using the term to describe 51 year old Pagano who has spent the past 25+ years bouncing around college (for the most part) and the NFL as an assistant coach.

That is your definition of "up and coming"?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Bob Dole
12-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Lets face it, the Chiefs are never going to get it right. The sooner we all just accept it the sooner we can move on with our lives.

Which is pretty much what Bob Dole finally managed to do this season.

Gonzo
12-25-2011, 07:28 PM
I've always thought of you as the Queen of Dumbasses, but you've now gone out of your way to confirm it.

Let's recap... you've gone out of your way to avoid revealing who you actually WANT to be the Chiefs next HC. That of course is typical of your M.O. You do anything to avoid having to reveal who or what you are FOR... you'd rather just rail on what or who you are against.

So you claim you are for a "up and coming" assistant coach to be the next Chiefs HC whose initials are "MP".

So you want someone named "Mike Pagano"... one problem... there is no one named "Mike Pagano" who fits the bill as an "up and coming" assistant coach in the NFL currently. In fact there is no one named "Mike Pagano" in the NFL coaching ranks currently PERIOD.

Perhaps "Mike Pagano" is related to Charles "Chuck" Pagano, current Baltimore Ravens Defensive Coordinator?

Pretty pathetic that you can't even get the name of the "up and coming" NFL assistant coach you are allegedly supporting to be the Chiefs next HC correct. But it is to be expected given that you are a DUMBSHIT.

You also apprently don't know what "up and coming" means when it relates to NFL assistant coaches. If you did, perhaps you wouldn't be using the term to describe 51 year old Pagano who has spent the past 25+ years bouncing around college (for the most part) and the NFL as an assistant coach.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL
Ruh-Roh...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Fisher runs a 4-3, for one. And didn't he already state that he wasn't interested? Or was that not a reputable source?

Most people don't count Harry as reputable.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Most people don't count Harry as reputable.

Or Nick Assclown

milkman
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I fucked up a name.
Big deal.

That isn't even the firsttime today.

Up and coming is a guy that's ready to take the reigns of a team, regardless of age, and 51 isn't that old.

And you are the only stupid motherfucker that thinks I refuse to commit to anything.

But that's to be expected from the useless fucking dumbass that thinks I like herman fucking Edwards.

I get it.
You don't like me because I called you out for the usless fucking dumbass prick you are the moment you showed you useless fucking self around here.

Tell us again how Dick Vermeil was this great coach who got the Chiefs into the playoffs one time in 4 years.

mlyonsd
12-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Which is pretty much what Bob Dole finally managed to do this season.Now come on Senator....there's always hope. Look at the Saints. Remember how bad they were back in the day?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm curious to see who we're actually gonna hire...

12-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Now come on Senator....there's always hope. Look at the Saints. Remember how bad they were back in the day?

Yeah, but the Saints at least always took a stab at things rather than just trying to play it safe every fucking year.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm curious to see who we're actually gonna hire...

McDumbass

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 08:05 PM
I ****ed up a name.
Big deal.

That isn't even the firsttime today.

Up and coming is a guy that's ready to take the reigns of a team, regardless of age, and 51 isn't that old.

You didn't just mis-type his name in one post, you ran with it in a different thread with your "His initials are MP" crap.

Shows how much you know about the guy you are trying to pimp as the Chiefs next HC... you don't even know his freaking name.

And you think someone who has been an NFL coordinator less than one full season is now ready to be a HC?

Sassy Squatch
12-25-2011, 08:08 PM
You didn't just mis-type his name in one post, you ran with it in a different thread with your "His initials are MP" crap.

Shows how much you know about the guy you are trying to pimp as the Chiefs next HC... you don't even know his freaking name.

And you think someone who has been an NFL coordinator less than one full season is now ready to be a HC?
Id say there's about a 20/20 chance.

Gonzo
12-25-2011, 08:13 PM

Hate to say it but you do have a point here. This dude is the DC for the Ravens, huh?
I've never heard of him and with the track record he's got, I'd rather have fucking Haley back at the helm. Shit, Cunningham would be a better selection if we're taking track records into account.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-25-2011, 08:18 PM

You're right, I got "Mike" in my head and it stayed there.

And what was Mike Tomlin before he became the HC of the Steelers?

How about Andy Reid before he was hired by the Eagles.

And what about John Harbaugh?
Who was the last STs coach to get hired as a HC?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-25-2011, 08:19 PM
McDumbass

I hope I'm wrong but I think this franchise is screwed until Pioli is gone unless a miracle happens.

JoeyChuckles
12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, what should I do for my 1,000th post?

Mr_Tomahawk
12-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, what should I do for my 1,000th post?

Delete your account.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 08:29 PM
You're right, I got "Mike" in my head and it stayed there.

What is the track record for Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinators/defensive assistant coaches as head coaches?

Rex Ryan... good start to his career in NY although his team has underachieved this season.

Mike Nolan... bust. Fired by the 49ers.

Jack Del Rio... bust. Fired by the Jaguars.

Marvin Lewis... up and down career in Cincy. If you are going to call Jeff Fisher "mediocre", you'd have to call Marvin Lewis mediocre as well.

That isn't a great track record of Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinators/assistant defensive coaches as HC's.

Why would Pagano be different?

JoeyChuckles
12-25-2011, 08:31 PM
Delete your account.

At least someone pays attention to me.

Gonzo
12-25-2011, 08:41 PM
What is the track record for Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinators/defensive assistant coaches as head coaches?

Rex Ryan... good start to his career in NY although his team has underachieved this season.

Marvin Lewis... up and down career in Cincy. If you are going to call Jeff Fisher "mediocre", you'd have to call Marvin Lewis mediocre as well.

That isn't a great track record of Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinators/assistant defensive coaches as HC's.

So, what your saying here is that we have a 50% chance of going .500 if we hire a baltimore assistant, right?

Yaay
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 08:42 PM
So, what your saying here is that we have a 50% chance of going .500 if we hire a baltimore assistant, right?

Yaay
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd say 25% based on the track record.

milkman
12-25-2011, 08:49 PM

What was the track record of Jeff Tedford QBs before Aaron Rodgers?

Who gives a rat's ass on what others have done.

One guy is not the other guy.

milkman
12-25-2011, 08:50 PM
But you go ahead and keep pimping the proven mediocre coach.

Bump
12-25-2011, 08:51 PM

YES THEY ARE!

See, since USC's last 3 or 4 NFL QB's haven't won a superbowl, that means Barkley has no chance to either. It's clear as day and a proven fact. amiright?

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Then why were you using examples of previous non-coordinators or coaches with limited experience as coordinators to HC (Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, etc.) as your basis for dismissing concerns about Pagano's limited experience?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8236669&postcount=98

Gonzo
12-25-2011, 08:58 PM

What's better Iyo?
Consistently going 10-6 or 11-5 and maybe having a shot at it every year, or going 2-14 or 5-11 with that occasional 14-2 record only to lose in the AFC champ game once every 5 years.

Pick your poison, really.
I guess what it all comes down to is, do you miss the fucking Marty years or not? That's what we're looking at with Fisher and Crennel.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Fisher vs a 51 year old "up and coming" assistant who took 20+ years to finally become an NFL coordinator.

That is your boy, "Mike" Pagano.

I'll go with Fisher.

cdcox
12-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm going on record here as "NO" on Fisher on the off chance that we hire him and I need to say "I told you so" somewhere down the road. If he ever hoists a Lombardi for any team, feel free to bump this and rub my nose in it.

milkman
12-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Then why were you using examples of previous non-coordinators or coaches with limited experience as coordinators to HC (Andy Reid, John Harbaugh, etc.) as your basis for dismissing concerns about Pagano's limited experience?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8236669&postcount=98

I listed those guys to illustrate the point that one doesn't have even be a coordinator to succeed, not to prove that Pagano will succeed.

Your list was compiled to try to prove there's no chance that Pagano can succeed.

There's a subltle difference.

milkman
12-25-2011, 09:24 PM
What's better Iyo?
Consistently going 10-6 or 11-5 and maybe having a shot at it every year, or going 2-14 or 5-11 with that occasional 14-2 record only to lose in the AFC champ game once every 5 years.

Pick your poison, really.
I guess what it all comes down to is, do you miss the ****ing Marty years or not? That's what we're looking at with Fisher and Crennel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why does it have to be one or the other?

And if you look at Fisher's records, he wasn't nearly as consistent as Marty anyway.

Gonzo
12-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm going on record here as "NO" on Fisher on the off chance that we hire him and I need to say "I told you so" somewhere down the road. If he ever hoists a Lombardi for any team, feel free to bump this and rub my nose in it.

Noted.
The only trophy I see Fisher hoisting over his head is the one he gets for worlds greatest mullet.

You know, watching the game tonight on NFLN about the chiefs/dolphins in 71 got me thinking.
Did you hear the fans going nuts? The coaches really getting into it and not going all x and o on the players. The players on the field trying to literally kill their counter-parts etc.
I miss it. There's a handfull of teams I've seen that play like that these days.
The Pats vs Rams played like that. The SB Ravens played like that and the SB Steelers with Bettis played like that too.
I would just like to see a chiefs team play like that. With fire and arrogance. Play like they're going to sit in old sparky if they lose.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Marty is way superior to Fisher as a coach. If Marty has an actual franchise QB, he would have been thought of in and different light.

milkman
12-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Marty is way superior to Fisher as a coach. If Marty has an actual franchise QB, he would have been thought of in and different light.

Even though QB has always been the most important position on the field, Marty coached before the importance was magnified.

An elite QB might have overcome Marty's ultra conservative play not to lose mentality, but it would have have to been a Montana or Manning in his prime.

I've actually said a couple of times that Marty and Manning might have been the perfect marriage of coach and QB.

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Even though QB has always been the most important position on the field, Marty coached before the importance was magnified.

An elite QB might have overcome Marty's ultra conservative play not to lose mentality, but it would have have to been a Montana or Manning in his prime.

I've actually said a couple of times that Marty and Manning might have been the perfect marriage of coach and QB.

Marino would have been another one.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 09:46 PM

Marty had Drew Brees and Philip Rivers in San Diego and still couldn't win shit.

At least Fisher took a team to the Super Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
12-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Marty had Drew Brees and Philip Rivers in San Diego and still couldn't win shit.

Marty and Rivers lost to Brady and Bellichick. Brees was still young under Marty.

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Yep. It almost happened in 93. 2 playoff wins. I credit them to Montana.

milkman
12-25-2011, 09:51 PM

Marty had Brees playing at a high level for 1 year, and Rivers for 2.

Jeff Fisher had Steve McNair for 10+ years and went to 1 SB, and it took a fucking miracle to get there.

6 playoffs in 16 years.

What about that near .500 record and 10 years of failing to make the playoffs in 16 years tells you that Fisher is anything but a useless clown.

cdcox
12-25-2011, 09:59 PM

One year of good Brees and one year of Rivers.

I don't think one SB appearance is enough to offset the difference in their regular season coaching records. Marty built winning records with 3 different teams. In my mind he is a much better coach that Fisher.

I'm not defending Marty, I'm showing how weak your argument is.

chop
12-25-2011, 11:36 PM
"Per our source, Hunt is prepared to pay whatever it takes to land one of the premier coaching candidates. That includes Fisher. "

Haha! Source? For a $100.00 you can be a source too.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 11:48 PM

Jeff Fisher had Steve McNair for 10+ years and went to 1 SB, and it took a ****ing miracle to get there.

6 playoffs in 16 years.

Fisher drafted and developed McNair into a franchise QB and went to a Super Bowl with him.

Marty couldn't win with either Brees or Rivers. Both have played better without Marty as their head coach.

Marty had Brees for FOUR years.

You can hate on Fisher all you want and twist your argument every which way to support your baseless claim that Marty is superior to Fisher but the facts destroy that.

Hammock Parties
12-25-2011, 11:49 PM

Jeff Fisher had Steve McNair for 10+ years and went to 1 SB, and it took a fucking miracle to get there.

McNair was never really that good.

During his best years, though, the Titans were consistent winners.

Fisher wanted to draft Jay Cutler...good enough for me.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 11:52 PM

Jeff Fisher had Steve McNair for 10+ years and went to 1 SB, and it took a ****ing miracle to get there.

6 playoffs in 16 years.

What about that near .500 record and 10 years of failing to make the playoffs in 16 years tells you that Fisher is anything but a useless clown.

How many playoffs has "Mike" Pagano been to as an NFL Head Coach?

Remind me.

FloridaMan88
12-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Marty and Rivers lost to Brady and Bellichick. Brees was still young under Marty.

Fisher went to a Super Bowl with McNair 5 years into McNair's career.

Five years into Brees career in San Diego, Marty went 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

KChiefs_Fan94
12-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Head Coach : Crennel
Offensive Coordinator : Norv Turner
Defensive Coordinator: no one

htismaqe
12-26-2011, 08:00 AM
McNair was never really that good.

During his best years, though, the Titans were consistent winners.

Fisher wanted to draft Jay Cutler...good enough for me.

He didn't want Cutler. He wanted Cutler OR Leinart.

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Fisher went to a Super Bowl with McNair 5 years into McNair's career.

Five years into Brees career in San Diego, Marty went 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

Remember the miracle play?

Bane
12-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Head Coach : Crennel
Offensive Coordinator : Norv Turner
Defensive Coordinator: no one

LMAO

http://i44.tinypic.com/300qn4l.gif

RealSNR
12-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I have a new theory.

KCDumbass50/50 = Frankie.

With the way we destroyed any kind of credibility he might have had left in that last thread, most people would go back into hiding. Not this dumbfuck.

Bane
12-26-2011, 10:21 AM
I love how Fisher ball washers cling onto that SB as his immortality.Anyone remember how they got there?LMAOLMAO

FloridaMan88
12-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I have a new theory.

With the way we destroyed any kind of credibility he might have had left in that last thread, most people would go back into hiding. Not this dumb****.

I took you and your boyfriend Hamas apart in that previous thread.

FloridaMan88
12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
I love how Fisher ball washers cling onto that SB as his immortality.Anyone remember how they got there?LMAOLMAO

JFC the Fisher haters go out of their way to look like dumbasses. LMAO

So, if I understand this correctly, Fisher's Super Bowl appearance with the Titans is somehow disqualified because he needed the Music City Miracle to get there.

Using this train of "thought" (using that term lightly) I guess Belicheck's first Super Bowl win in NE should be thrown out since he needed the Tuck Rule Game to get there?

Perhaps Bill Walsh's first Super Bowl win in SF should be disqualified because he needed a miracle catch by Dwight Clark in the NFC Championship Game to get there?

Seriously how dumb do you Fisher bashers want to get to find ways to attack his profile as a potential HC???

ROFL

Bowser
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM

Wasn't there a certain playoff game with a certain lateral that may or may not have actually been a lateral?

Extra Point
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Wasn't there a certain playoff game with a certain lateral that may or may not have actually been a lateral?

Yeah, the Music City Miracle.

From what HS did the guy who made the stop for STL, in that SB?

Bowser
12-26-2011, 03:22 PM

So, if I understand this correctly, Fisher's Super Bowl appearance with the Titans is somehow disqualified because he needed the Music City Miracle to get there.

Using this train of "thought" (using that term lightly) I guess Belicheck's first Super Bowl win in NE should be thrown out since he needed the Tuck Rule Game to get there?

Perhaps Bill Walsh's first Super Bowl win in SF should be disqualified because he needed a miracle catch by Dwight Clark in the NFC Championship Game to get there?

Seriously how dumb do you Fisher bashers want to get to find ways to attack his profile as a potential HC???

ROFL

Very true. At some point, every team that wins a championship, in any sport, has their fair share of luck come their way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-26-2011, 03:22 PM

ROFL

One of these is not like the other.

FloridaMan88
12-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Very true. At some point, every team that wins a championship, in any sport, has their fair share of luck come their way.

Throw in the Immaculate Reception as well. This was the game that launched the Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty you could argue (even though they ended up losing the AFC Championshp Game that year).

Extra Point
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Fisher and Pioli would have a death match in the draft.

Mojo Jojo
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM

ROFL
Also goes for baseball the Royals '85 doesn't count because of the call at first...Red Sox beat the Mets because Billy B. just missed the ball, and the Cards this year because of the blown call at first. It's why you play the game.

Titty Meat
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
This is what it's came down to? Cassel vs Orton/ Romeo vs Fisher.

This franchise sucks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Also goes for baseball the Royals '85 doesn't count because of the call at first...Red Sox beat the Mets because Billy B. just missed the ball, and the Cards this year because of the blown call at first. It's why you play the game.

Yup, that call at first would have completely changed the outcome of a 16-7 game.

-King-
12-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, the Music City Miracle.

From what HS did the guy who made the stop for STL, in that SB?

Hazelwood East I think.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88
12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Yup, that call at first would have completely changed the outcome of a 16-7 game.

Notice how Hamas doesn't address the 1985 Cards-Royals WS example.

Perhaps because that is the same type of situation that the Fisher bashers are attacking Fisher for in this thread, with the Music City Miracle?

oldman
12-26-2011, 03:55 PM

ROFL

True, but Belicheck and Walsh returned to the SB. Pass on Fisher.

Rausch
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM

This fanbase sucks.

FYP...

Slainte
12-26-2011, 04:01 PM
I have a new theory.

No way Frankie is this fucking stupid. Or insipid.

Extra Point
12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Notice how Hamas doesn't address the 1985 Cards-Royals WS example.

Perhaps because that is the same type of situation that the Fisher bashers are attacking Fisher for in this thread, with the Music City Miracle?

I'm not bashing Fisher. The only way to keep Crennell, is to hire an O-minded coach. In my perfect nowhere-man world, I'd hire:

HC: Chuckie
DC: Crennell (Gregg Williams, if we lose RAC, but I really want to keep RAC)
OC: Saunders
ST: Hoffman
QBC: Zorn
DBC: Thomas
OLC: Muir

But, hey, dreamers can dream.

Fritz88
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
I can't wait for Pioli to fuck this one up. I really need a reason to quit spending so much time following sports.

Do it Pioli, do it.

Estron
12-26-2011, 05:11 PM

How about -- let's face it, the various posters on ChiefsPlanet are never going to come to anything remotely resembling a consensus on who is "right."

Reerun_KC
12-26-2011, 05:25 PM

This franchise sucks.

You know you have a shit franchise when you are debating Orton, Cassel, Crennel, Muir, Fisher and the past with Marty...

God this is one of the worst ran franchises in the NFL...

Groves
12-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Does it ever happen that an interim just goes back to the same role as pre-interim? By selecting RAC as the interim, is the head office essentially saying that he'll be our HC next year or he'll be gone next year, but not back to DC only?

BoneKrusher
12-26-2011, 05:41 PM
By selecting RAC as the interim, is the head office essentially saying that he'll be our HC next year or he'll be gone next year, but not back to DC only?

exactly, going back to DC would mean he was demoted.

Romeo's not going to accept that at all.

FloridaMan88
12-26-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm not bashing Fisher. The only way to keep Crennell, is to hire an O-minded coach. In my perfect nowhere-man world, I'd hire:

HC: Chuckie
DC: Crennell (Gregg Williams, if we lose RAC, but I really want to keep RAC)
OC: Saunders
ST: Hoffman
QBC: Zorn
DBC: Thomas
OLC: Muir

But, hey, dreamers can dream.

If the Chiefs go with a HC with a background on offense, my choice would be Rob Chudzinski.

In fact Chudzinski is running almost a dead heat with Fisher, in my HC preferences.

Phobia
12-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Fisher vs a 51 year old "up and coming" assistant who took 20+ years to finally become an NFL coordinator.

That is your boy, "Mike" Pagano.

I'll go with Fisher.

You know, it is a moderate victory to catch milkman in a name fudge. But it isn't the coup of the century and doesn't really expose milkman as a dumbass. We already knew he was a dumbass.

Phobia
12-26-2011, 05:51 PM

Disagree. Interim means temporary. If they had promoted him to FT head coach and then stripped him then it would be a demotion. If he's back to DC next year he really has nothing to be angry about except for maybe some disappointment he didn't get the HC job.

Reerun_KC
12-26-2011, 05:54 PM

Well if he doesnt like it, he can GTFO...

Marcellus
12-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Well if he doesnt like it, he can GTFO...

He has already stated that he has another year left on his contract and if they want him back as DC rather than HC he would do it.

FloridaMan88
12-26-2011, 06:09 PM
If Chudzinski is HC, there is a reasonable chance Romeo would return as defensive coordinator.

Chudzinski was hired by Romeo in Cleveland so they have a history working together.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2011, 06:23 PM
You know you have a shit franchise when you are debating Orton, Cassel, Crennel, Muir, Fisher and the past with Marty...

God this is one of the worst ran franchises in the NFL...

Who do you suggest the Chiefs hire and what QB do you suppose they take in thier current draft spot?

BoneKrusher
12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Disagree. Interim means temporary. If they had promoted him to FT head coach and then stripped him then it would be a demotion. If he's back to DC next year he really has nothing to be angry about except for maybe some disappointment he didn't get the HC job.

well if i were Romeo and Pioli didn't wanna give me the HC gig and asked me to go back to being the DC i'd tell him to kiss my ass.

Phobia
12-26-2011, 06:27 PM
well if i were Romeo and Pioli didn't wanna give me the HC gig and asked me to go back to being the DC i'd tell him to kiss my ass.

People don't tell one another to kiss their ass when there are seven figures sitting on the table.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd say there is a 90 percent chance the next head coach has previous head coaching experience. Maybe even higher.

BoneKrusher
12-26-2011, 06:32 PM
People don't tell one another to kiss their ass when there are seven figures sitting on the table.

well i'm sure Romeo could land a DC job anytime he wants with several other NFL teams.

Marcellus
12-26-2011, 06:38 PM

You aren't nor will you ever be in a position to understand the business.

That's like saying Romeo only excepted the interim HC job under the condition he gets the HC job.

Dude is 64, is being paid well as DC, has one year left under his contract and knows its a business.

If he loses on Sunday, what leg does he have to stand on to basically demand the job or walk?

As good as the Chiefs played against GB they were almost equally as bad against a Raider team who tried like hell to give us the game.

BoneKrusher
12-26-2011, 06:44 PM
You aren't nor will you ever be in a position to understand the business.

That's like saying Romeo only excepted the interim HC job under the condition he gets the HC job.

Dude is 64, is being paid well as DC, has one year left under his contract and knows its a business.

If he loses on Sunday, what leg does he have to stand on to basically demand the job or walk?

As good as the Chiefs played against GB they were almost equally as bad against a Raider team who tried like hell to give us the game.

all i'm saying is if Crennel doesn't get the HC gig in KC he will take his ability to coach defense elsewhere.

he'll be in high demand as a DC.

Marcellus
12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
all i'm saying is if Crennel doesn't get the HC gig in KC he will take his ability to coach defense elsewhere.

he'll be in high demand as a DC.

He is under contract for another year, the only way he can go anywhere else is if he is fired and paid, and that would be the decision of the new HC, or if he is given a chance as a HC somewhere.

Simply put it's not really up to him unless he is hired as HC somewhere or he retires.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2011, 06:49 PM
How common is it for an interm coach to return as coordinator?

BoneKrusher
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
He is under contract for another year,

this pretty much assures us who the Chiefs HC will be for 2012 then doesn't it?

especially if the Chiefs should beat Denver this week.

Marcellus
12-26-2011, 06:55 PM
How common is it for an interm coach to return as coordinator?

With 3 games left? Your guess is as good as mine.

I think it has more to do with who becomes HC and if they get along.

Marcellus
12-26-2011, 06:57 PM
this pretty much assures us who the Chiefs HC will be for 2012 then doesn't it?

especially if the Chiefs should beat Denver this week.
If we pummel Denver, maybe.

It all depends IMO what Clark has told Pioli is critical and also, can they get who they WANT if its not Crennel.

Hell Crennel could get the job by default if they guy they really want, say its Fisher, turns them down.

BoneKrusher
12-26-2011, 07:01 PM
If we pummel Denver, maybe.

It all depends IMO what Clark has told Pioli is critical and also, can they get who they WANT if its not Crennel.

Hell Crennel could get the job by default if they guy they really want, say its Fisher, turns them down.

yep.
we agree.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Does anyone have any real news on the coaching search?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Does anyone have any real news on the coaching search?

Not much other than seeing Fisher, Pioli, and Hunt at 5 guys. Fisher paid.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-26-2011, 09:27 PM
evansilvaEvan Silva
NFLN's Jason La Canfora on #Rams forthcoming coaching search: "I expect the Rams to take a serious run at Jeff Fisher." http://is.gd/8ZLTPM

Rams could make run at Fisher By NFL.com Staff |
Published: December 26th, 2011 | Tags: Jeff Fisher, Billy Devaney, Jason La Canfora, NFL Total Access, St. Louis Rams, Steve Spagnuolo

The names of Titans coach Jeff Fisher and former Steelers coach Bill Cowher are the first to come up on the hot list of candidates to replace coaches on the hot seat.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
A 2-13 season has Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo firmly in the latter category, and the rumblings suggest changes will be made in St. Louis. NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora has reported any coaching move will take place during the offseason, and told ”NFL Total Access” Monday those changes could extend up the ladder to GM Billy Devaney.

As for the Rams’ wish list?

“I expect the Rams to take a serious run at Jeff Fisher,” La Canfora reported.

Fisher is a popular name, and for good reason. His name should be near the top of the list for nearly every opening. The job in St. Louis — if it opens, as expected — could be attractive given QB Sam Bradford is part of the equation.

ChiefsCountry
12-26-2011, 09:34 PM
The Rams could be a very very very attractive job around 3:15 or so on January 1.

dirk digler
12-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Hopefully the Rams offer him a bunch of money and he takes the job.

durtyrute
12-26-2011, 11:41 PM
This is just plain dumb, Romeo will be able to get more out of this team than Fishy Fish ever will.

No Fish in '12

Hammock Parties
12-26-2011, 11:44 PM
This is just plain dumb, Romeo will be able to get more out of this team than Fishy Fish ever will.

There is a mountain of evidence for this.

Romeo Crennel has proven to be a completely awesome head coach.

durtyrute
12-26-2011, 11:46 PM
He's coached 2 games, 1-1. Are you suggesting that if Fishy Fish came in right after the Green Bay game that he would've willed us to a victory?

Hammock Parties
12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
He's coached 2 games, 1-1.

Strange, I seem to remember he coached some games in Cleveland.

durtyrute
12-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Strange, I seem to remember he coached some games in Cleveland.

That doesn't have shit to do with this team. A coach shouldn't be replaced after two games.

Hammock Parties
12-26-2011, 11:57 PM
That doesn't have shit to do with this team. A coach shouldn't be replaced after two games.

Interim head coaches get replaced all the time.

Simply Red
12-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I can't wait for Pioli to **** this one up. I really need a reason to quit spending so much time following sports.

Do it Pioli, do it.

Why do you hate this Country and it's people?

BigChiefFan
12-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Fisher is an average coach. We don't need an ego-maniac bringing his shit here.

This dude drafted Vince Young and preferred Kerry Collins. He's a trainwreck.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
This dude drafted Vince Young

No, his owner drafted Vince Young.

Jeff Fisher wanted no part of him.

BossChief
12-27-2011, 12:17 AM
He wanted nothing to do with drafting Vince Young. That was the owner.

Simply Red
12-27-2011, 12:18 AM
He wanted nothing to do with drafting Vince Young. That was the owner.

why do you hate blacks?

BigChiefFan
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM

Jeff Fisher wanted no part of him.It was said tongue-in-cheek, to show that the guy doesn't work with well with others. He's an ego-maniac, who'd rather make a point, than win games. He's a disaster for the next franchise that hires him. I want no part of that trainwreck.

Abba-Dabba
12-27-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm liking Winston Moss at this point. He is experienced with a 3-4. There are those that think he should be a DC before a HC, and it would probably be good for him to get a year under his belt in that position. But if that is the case, it would be already too late to land him.

And a hell no to Fisher. Mediocrity at it's finest.

Epic Fail 007
12-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Didn't these sources not too long ago say Clark wasn't gonna pay over 3 million for a coach?

Now he is willing to pay whatever it takes?

No Nick wright said that Clark was not going over 3 and him alone

Simply Red
12-27-2011, 12:33 AM
No Nick wright said that Clark wasn`t going over 3 and him alone

how 'bout this? ...we'll all start deferring all of our questions your way prior to doing any real reseach. Cool? ... thanks bub

Mr. Plow
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM
how 'bout this? ...we'll all start deferring all of our questions your way prior to doing any real reseach. Cool? ... thanks bub

Why do you hate babies, apple pie, and baseball? Why do you hate America?

Simply Red
12-27-2011, 12:38 AM

Jeff Fisher wanted no part of him.

GUYS GUYS, please! Listen guys, moving forward PM Clay for any unanswered Football related questions, he'll field them all and never be wrong!!

TEX
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM

You could not be more WRONG. Fisher wanted NO PART of V.Y. When Bud Adams forced the pick on him, because he was "Houston's son" and Bud so desperately wanted to get back at the city of Houston and the Texans, it marked the beginning of the end for the Fisher / Adams relationship. IMO, the Chiefs should pursue Fisher. He is a good HC.

Boon
12-27-2011, 02:01 AM
As long as his last name isn't Ryan, I don't give a shit.

bevischief
12-27-2011, 07:24 AM
At this point as long as Cassel is no longer part of the team I don't care.

BoneKrusher
12-27-2011, 07:28 AM

i agree.
send Failko packing and i'm good.

Bane
12-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Fisher and Pioli...Hmmmm.Damn sure would require some serious house cleaning after that shit blows up!

PRIEST
12-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Fisher and Pioli...Hmmmm.Damn sure would require some serious house cleaning after that shit blows up!

This
My opinion Fisher is not the coach for KC .

Bane
12-27-2011, 07:41 AM
This
My opinion Fisher is not the coach for KC .

Fisher seems to me to be the Matt Cassel of head coaching.Probably a great guy and all but absolutely average at best at everything he does on the field.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-27-2011, 07:48 AM

:rolleyes: You guys should at least bring facts to the table if you want to bash Fisher.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Fisher seems to me to be the Matt Cassel of head coaching.Probably a great guy and all but absolutely average at best at everything he does on the field.

I disagree completely. I think his teams did fine based off the talent level they had. I never looked at any of the rosters they had and said wow that team should win a Super Bowl. He knew his team needed a QB and his damn owner saddled him with Vince Young.

Bane
12-27-2011, 07:52 AM
I disagree completely. I think his teams did fine based off the talent level they had. He knew his team needed a QB and his damn owner saddled him with Vince Young.

But overall in his career he has been average at best in my opinion.

petegz28
12-27-2011, 07:54 AM
No, they don't

Pasta Little Brioni
12-27-2011, 07:55 AM
But overall in his career he has been average at best in my opinion.

That's the life of any NFL coach without a true elite QB.

PRIEST
12-27-2011, 07:56 AM

Yes my thoughts exactly

Bane
12-27-2011, 07:58 AM
That's the life of any NFL coach without a true elite QB.

So we should go out and get our own HC who in turn should draft his own QB and go from there.I'm just sick to fucking death of KC dumpster diving for a 2-3 year "fix" when we have the perfect opportunity to do it right.

BoneKrusher
12-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Jeff Fisher:

http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/TEN/photos/coach-dcr-photos/fisher_jeff_ci.jpg

Jeff Fisher is entering his 16th full season as Head Coach of the Tennessee Titans and his 11th as Executive Vice President. Fisher holds the franchise record for wins by a head coach with 141 victories and is the NFL leader in tenure with one team among active coaches. Entering this season, he ranks 20th on the NFL’s career head coaching wins list and third among active coaches (Belichick, 163; Shanahan, 154).
Over the last 11 seasons (1999-2009), Fisher has guided the franchise to six playoff appearances – only three teams (Indianapolis, Philadelphia and New England) have more appearances during that time. During his tenure, his accomplishments include six playoff appearances (1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2008), three Division titles (2000, 2002, 2008), two AFC Championship Games (1999, 2002) and one Super Bowl berth (XXXIV). With 91 victories during the 2000’s, Fisher directed the franchise to the most successful decade in franchise history (1990’s – 88 wins).

Recent Seasons
Last season, Fisher led the Titans back from a stunning 0-6 start to win eight of the last 10 games to finish the season with an 8-8 mark. It was the first team in NFL history to win more than six games in a season after starting 0-6. The season included a quarterback change to Vince Young at the bye and featured the running prowess of Chris Johnson. Johnson became only the sixth running back in NFL history to reach 2,000 rushing yards and broke Marshall Faulk’s scrimmage-yard record.

The 2008 campaign was one of the most successful regular seasons in franchise history – capturing the AFC South title, matching a franchise best and league high 13 wins, smashing the franchise record for wins to start a season with 10 and eight players earning Pro Bowl invitations. The team was driven by a dynamic run game, an efficient passing game and one of the league’s best defenses.

In 2007, Fisher helped a young team take another step in the maturation process and the final rebuilding phase as this new group of Titans qualified for the playoffs for the first time since 2003. In guiding the team to a 10-6 record through the toughest division in the NFL, Fisher saw the franchise through a difficult re-tooling period that saw the team build from 4-12 in 2005, to 8-8 in 2006 and a playoff berth in 2007. The team followed the path of previously successful Jeff Fisher teams, ranking fifth in the NFL in rushing offense, fifth in the NFL in yards allowed on defense and recording a 5-3 mark on the road.

Fisher Philosophies
Hallmarks of a Fisher-led team include a stout rushing defense, the ability to possess the ball with a strong running game and poise in the midst of adversity. His ability to lead and shape a team is achieved through a combination of toughness and insight as a former NFL player. In 11 of the last 15 seasons, the Titans defense ranked in the top 10 against the run and ranks fourth in rushing defense over that period (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, San Diego). In 2003, the Titans finished first in the NFL in rushing defense for only the second time in franchise history (1993).

Fisher believes in the philosophy that a strong running game helps control the clock and keeps your defense fresh. In 12 of the last 14 seasons, the Titans have finished in the top half of the NFL in rushing offense including seven Top 10 finishes. Additionally, in 12 of the last 15 seasons, the Titans have finished with an average time of possession number of more than 31 minutes for the season.

Early Seasons Under Fisher
After rising to head coaching duties during the 1994 season, Fisher took over a team that was gutted by the emergence of the salary cap and eventually molded them into a consistent winner, overcoming any number of obstacles that were involved with moving the team from Houston to Nashville. The circumstances that surrounded the team between 1995 and 1998 helped bond the team and form an identity of strength and the ability to overcome. Fisher’s teams are mentally strong, flourishing on the road where many teams will wilt. Since 1995, the Titans/Oilers have amassed the third-best road record in the NFL with a 64-56 mark during that time.

In 1997 (8-8) and 1998 (8-8), Fisher guided a team that was in a state of transition and laid the groundwork for the success that was to come. As the team arrived in Tennessee, two young stars began to take control as third-year quarterback Steve McNair took over a starting role and second-year running back Eddie George became a workhorse.

Building Blocks in Place
After years of fluidity and change, a fresh start and stability finally arrived in 1999 with a new team name and the opening of the new stadium; and in this new environment, the new Titans would flourish with the foundation that had been laid. Fisher, the Titans and Middle Tennesseans will fondly remember the accomplishments of the 1999 season, which brought the team its first AFC Championship and an appearance in Super Bowl XXXIV. Fisher and the Titans defeated AFC Central champion Jacksonville three times in 1999, handing the Jaguars their only losses. As a Wild Card team, the Titans had the most difficult route to the Super Bowl. Fisher earned his first postseason victory by defeating Buffalo 22-16, and erased a 16-0 deficit against the Rams in one of the biggest displays of heart in any second half in Super Bowl history. The Titans became only the sixth Wild Card team to earn a trip to the Super Bowl since the NFL added the Wild Card playoff team in 1978. Fisher guided the Titans to a streak of 13 consecutive wins against AFC Central Division opponents dating back to 1998. It marked the longest streak in the history of the Central Division and the third longest in the NFL since the 1970 merger.

Building on the success the Titans had during the 1999 season would be tough to accomplish, but Fisher followed the team’s first AFC championship in 1999 with an AFC Central crown and the league’s best record in 2000. It was the first time in franchise history that the Titans/Oilers owned the NFL’s best record (13-3) and only the third time the club won the AFC Central.
In 2000, Fisher became the fifth coach in NFL history to lead his team to consecutive 13-win seasons, joining Mike Ditka (Chicago Bears, 1985-86), George Seifert (San Francisco, 1989-90), Marv Levy (Buffalo Bills, 1990-91) and Mike Holmgren (Green Bay Packers, 1996-97). The defense reached a new level of success in 2000, earning the number one ranking in the NFL for yards allowed and surrendering the third lowest point total in the league since 1977.

One of his best coaching jobs came in 2002. The Titans were poised to rebound from a disappointing 2001 season which was plagued by injury. Tennessee got off to a 1-4 start and people on the outside began to doubt, but Fisher kept the team on an even keel and rallied the players to win 11 of the next 12 games, capture the AFC South title and earn a place in the AFC Championship Game. Fisher recognized that it would take time for the team to come together as nine new starters became familiar with the "Titans Way" of football. The Titans thrived in 2002 against the best teams, posting an NFL-best (tied with Oakland) 6-2 mark against teams with a winning record during the regular season. For his accomplishments, he was named NFL Coach of the Year by Football Digest and AFC Coach of the Year by the 101 Awards in Kansas City.

In 2003, Tennessee reached the Divisional round of the playoffs for the fourth time in five years after earning a Wild Card berth with their 12-4 mark. Tennessee continued a tradition of great play at home, posting a 7-1 record at LP Field. While the defense ranked first against the run, the offense scored the second most points in franchise history (435) and became just the third franchise since 1970 to score 30 or more points in six consecutive games. On the individual side, quarterback Steve McNair earned NFL co-MVP honors, becoming only the second player in franchise history to win the honor (Earl Campbell).

During the 2004 season, the Titans struggled to overcome an array of injuries that by the end of the season accounted for 135 games missed by starters, including season-ending injuries to 10 starters, and resulted in a 5-11 record.

Also in 2004, Fisher became the fourth youngest coach (46) to win 90 regular season games since 1960. Only John Madden (41), Don Shula (41), and Bill Cowher (44) were faster to 90 wins.

Building the Next Generation
The 2005 season also was a year of youth, as the Titans fielded the youngest team in the league and youngest NFL team in over a decade. Escaping from salary cap difficulties in a single season, the team was forced to jettison productive players who provided veteran leadership. This combination of youth and inexperience was the primary reason for the team’s 4-12 record.

In 2005, with a win over the Houston Texans (10/9/05), he became just the 17th coach to reach the 100-win mark with one team.

In 2006, Fisher showed his experienced leadership skills in guiding a team that started 0-5 and was led by a rookie quarterback to an 8-8 record by winning eight of the last 11 contests, including a six-game win streak through November and December to finish one game short of the playoffs. Quarterback Vince Young earned Rookie of the Year honors and the offense posted the sixth highest rushing total in franchise history - the second highest in the Fisher coaching era (1997). Despite having the NFL’s second youngest team on opening day, it was a team that learned to win close games, registering a 7-4 record in games decided by seven points or fewer (second most wins in that category in the NFL) and six come-from-behind victories.

During the 2006 season, Fisher became the first coach in franchise history to lead the team in 200 contests, reaching the milestone in a game against Baltimore (11/12/06). He became only the 12th coach in NFL history to coach 200 games with one team, joining George Halas, Tom Landry, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Curly Lambeau, Bud Grant, Steve Owen, Bill Cowher, Joe Gibbs, Hank Stram and Marv Levy (Mike Shanahan joined the list in December of 2006 to make 13 coaches).

Fisher Background
Fisher originally joined the Oilers’ coaching staff on Feb. 9, 1994, after spending two seasons as the defensive backs coach for the San Francisco 49ers. Fisher was a perfect fit for the Oilers, who were looking for a young, aggressive coach with experience in the "46" defense. Fisher had worked with the "46" for many years with former Oilers Defensive Coordinator Buddy Ryan. Fisher took over a defense that achieved dominant status in 1993, but had lost several key components to free agency. He was elevated to head coach on Nov. 14, 1994, replacing Jack Pardee, for the final six games of the season.

Fisher officially began his coaching career as an assistant for Ryan and the Philadelphia Eagles in 1986, tutoring the defensive backs for three seasons before becoming the NFL’s youngest defensive coordinator in 1988. One year later, under Fisher’s tutelage, the Eagles’ defense led the NFL in interceptions (30) and quarterback sacks (62). In 1990, Philadelphia’s defense paced the league in rushing defense and ranked second in quarterback sacks.

In 1991, Fisher headed west to be reunited with his college coach John Robinson, serving as the Los Angeles Rams’ defensive coordinator before joining the 49ers one year later.

A former defensive back at the University of Southern California, Fisher played for Robinson in a star-studded defensive backfield that included future NFL stars Ronnie Lott, Dennis Smith and Joey Browner. Former Titans offensive lineman Bruce Matthews also was one of Fisher’s USC teammates. Fisher’s career college statistics included five interceptions and 108 tackles. The versatile Fisher also served as the Trojans’ backup kicker and earned Pac-10 All-Academic honors in 1980.

Originally a seventh-round draft selection of the Chicago Bears in 1981, Fisher appeared in 49 games as a defensive back and return specialist in five NFL seasons. He earned a Super Bowl ring after Chicago’s 1985 Super Bowl season, despite spending the year on injured reserve with an ankle injury that prematurely ended his playing career. During that season, Fisher began his post-playing career by assisting Ryan as an "unofficial" coach while the Bears ultimately defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX. He left Chicago in 1985 holding a number of team records including: number of punt return yards for a season with 509 yards in 1981, number of punt returns in a season with 58 in 1984, and number of punt returns in one game with eight on Dec. 16, 1984, at Detroit. He also recorded the longest punt return by a Bear in 39 years with an 88-yard return for a touchdown on Sept. 20, 1981, against Tampa Bay.

A native of Southern California, Fisher was a high school All-America wide receiver for the Toreadors of Taft High School in Woodland Hills, Calif. Fisher is an avid fisherman and golfer. He also does considerable work off the field with little accolade. He generously donates time and money to a number of different charities, including hosting a celebrity softball game that raises money for local charities, a coach’s clinic for youth/high school coaches in the Mid-South and serves as spokesman for the Country Music Kid’s Marathon as well as the Jason Foundation.

He also gives back to the NFL, serving on the NFL Competition Committee since 2000 and as a co-chairman of the committee since 2001. The committee is instrumental in guiding the league through rule changes and ways to improve the game.

Fisher completed his first marathon when he ran in the Country Music Marathon in 2002. In 2001, Fisher was named the winner of the Horrigan Award, given by the Pro Football Writers of America to the NFL representative that is the most cooperative with the media. Additionally, Fisher was named the 2000 Tennessean of the Year by Nashville’s Tennessean and 1999 Sports Person of the year by the Nashville Sports Council.

Fisher (born 2/25/58) has three children: sons Brandon (age 23) and Trent (age 18), and daughter Tara (age 21).

this was before he was fired but still thought it was worth posting.

Bane
12-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Like I said,he's probably a great guy,solid fundamentals etc....But meh.

BoneKrusher
12-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Like I said,he's probably a great guy,solid fundamentals etc....But meh.

seems a lot like Marty to me.
for the fans that liked Marty this is probably a good hire, i was more of a DV fan myself.

i like high powered Offense.

Bane
12-27-2011, 08:12 AM
seems a lot like Marty to me.
for the fans that liked Marty this is probably a good hire, i was more of a DV fan myself.

i like high powered Offense.

I was a Marty fan and love the play D and run the ball game plan but,that was back when you could still tackle as a defender.As much as I love smash mouth football we need a guy to come in with a passing attack and light it up.We need a QB and a coach that knows how to light it up IMO.

BoneKrusher
12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I was a Marty fan and love the play D and run the ball game plan but,that was back when you could still tackle as a defender.As much as I love smash mouth football we need a guy to come in with a passing attack and light it up.We need a QB and a coach that knows how to light it up IMO.

yeah, i want the Chiefs to have the Coaching staff and QB that can be aggressive on offense from the opening kickoff till the clock shows zeros and have a defense that keeps the opposing QB on the turf.

Bane
12-27-2011, 08:36 AM
yeah, i want the Chiefs to have the Coaching staff and QB that can be aggressive on offense from the opening kickoff till the clock shows zeros and have a defense that keeps the opposing QB on the turf.

I can agree with that and I don't really think Fisher sucks or anything,
I just would rather go a different route with our next HC.

Dexter Manley
12-27-2011, 08:37 AM
I'll "ring the clock" of the next moran to push for Fisher...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I'll "ring the clock" of the next moran to push for Fisher...

What coach do you suggest the Chiefs go after? Let me guess... Heeeeeerp some aggresive young up and comer who has an electric offense that makes the Greatest Show on Turf look like Pop Warner and puts out an aggresive defense that hits the QB before he even completes his drop Deeeeeeeerp.

Dexter Manley
12-27-2011, 08:42 AM
What coach do you suggest the Chiefs go after? Let me guess... Heeeeeerp some aggresive young up and comer who has an electric offense that makes the Greatest Show on Turf look like Pop Warner and puts out an aggresive defense that hits the QB before he even completes his drop Deeeeeeeerp.

I have yet to perceive a need to change the HC position. When I do, surely you won't expect me to be quiet. Just ask The GreaseMan...

BoneKrusher
12-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I can agree with that and I don't really think Fisher sucks or anything,
I just would rather go a different route with our next HC.

i dont think Fisher sucks either.
i think its time for the Chiefs to try their luck at a Franchise QB and a Really Good OC.

Simply Red
12-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I have yet to perceive a need to change the HC position. When I do, surely you won't expect me to be quiet. Just ask The GreaseMan...

wtf is the GreaseMan?

Gonzo
12-27-2011, 09:19 AM
wtf is the GreaseMan?

He's the dude that stands in the pit at your local Jiffy Lube. TheGreaseMan knows everything about obscure posters, apparently.

(Probably a Kotter mult)
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2011, 09:23 AM

Again, I think we're making a huge mistake of assuming the best head coaches are the ones who have a long track record of coordinating great offenses or defenses.

Who were some of the greatest recent hires? Mike Tomlin (extremely inexperienced... Limited coaching track record), mike McCarthy (experienced... But his claim to fame was... Coordinating Aaron brooks' offense under haslett?), John harbaugh (a career special teams coach for crying out loud), and Sean Payton (a guy who coordinated an offense so bad tassel stripped the offense away from him).

The problem organizations face is looking within their trees (Raheem Morris, Jim Caldwell, etc...) or hiring the known commodity (spagnuolo, shurmur, etc...) If the chiefs do a fair interviewing process, they should find someone they like. but they won't. So I'm wasting calories on this soapbox.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-27-2011, 09:26 AM
You know why Tomlin, McCarthy, and Payton were "great hires"? Big Ben, Rodgers, and Brees.

Dexter Manley
12-27-2011, 09:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greaseman

http://www.greaseman.org/main_bio.html

"He developed a relationship with Redskin Dexter Manley, who joined him on-air for regular sports updates until he was sent to XXXX for bull."

Bane
12-27-2011, 09:32 AM
You know why Tomlin, McCarthy, and Payton were "great hires"? Big Ben, Rodgers, and Brees.

Touche.

Dexter Manley
12-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Perhaps the playoffs should just be a QB skills competition, since no other position matters except QB...

Bane
12-27-2011, 09:39 AM

I think that's what pisses me off more than anything.The fact that after so many years and supposedly "cleaning house" for Pioli,we still can't develop or even draft a goddamn QB that we're able to build around is an absolute joke.I'm not necessarily including Stanzi in there because he hasn't been able to see the field yet and I'm not real sure what the kid brings to the table.

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Undoubtedly. But that does a tremendous disservice to the kind of teams they built. They are also tremendous coaches. A guy like norv could never do close to the things those guys did.

Dexter Manley
12-27-2011, 09:43 AM
I think that's what pisses me off more than anything.The fact that after so many years and supposedly "cleaning house" for Pioli,we still can't develop or even draft a goddamn QB that we're able to build around is an absolute joke.I'm not necessarily including Stanzi in there because he hasn't been able to see the field yet and I'm not real sure what the kid brings to the table.

Option 1

Hire Pioli, the PATS RULE BABY, go to 3-4, waste 3rd overall pick on Tyson Jackson, trade second for Cassel

or

Option 2

Realize Pioli is precisely who Bill B wants us (or one of the other 30 teams) to hire because he sucks and has done nothing but put his beak up Bill B's butt... don't waste the 3rd overall on a needless switch to 3-4, don't trade value for a Pats backup QB who was a backup in college, don't whiff on Kansas State QB Josh Freeman, and don't let Jason Babin walk for nothing...

okcchief
12-27-2011, 10:40 AM

This.

htismaqe
12-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Get rid of Cassel and then ask me if I care.

Okie_Apparition
12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
The Chiefs are Jeff Fisher

FD
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
A year old article from a Houston writer, worth a read.

He is as average a coach as the Texans' Gary Kubiak has been. Fisher might be the best average coach in NFL history. He is certainly the least accomplished, longest-tenured coach the league has seen.

His greatest accomplishment is that he has yet to be fired. Granted, that is a notable feat considering his boss fired six coaches in the previous stretch matching Fisher's tenure.

Those coaches had 10 winning years and 10 playoff seasons compared to Fisher's six winning campaigns and six postseason appearances. But let Fisher's media cronies tell you, and you'd think Fisher is a great coach. (A nice guy who hangs around the league long enough is sure to build a following.)

Fisher (141-115) is 15th in league history in games coached. Only two coaches ahead of him on that list have worse winning percentages: Dan Reeves and Weeb Ewbank.

Ewbank led two teams to three championships, including victories in the Greatest Game Ever Played and arguably the most important Super Bowl of all-time, the Jets' upset of the Colts in 1969. He also posted an .800 winning percentage in the playoffs. Advantage Ewbank.

Reeves coached three teams, taking two to four Super Bowls. He won seven division titles, and had nine 10-win seasons and a .550 playoff winning percentage. Advantage Reeves.

First clue: zero titles
Fisher has zero championships, one Super Bowl appearance, just four division titles and a sub-.500 playoff winning percentage. Both times Fisher had a team with the best record in the AFC and home-field advantage throughout the postseason, his squad was upset in its first playoff game.

If, as it used to be, championship contention was necessary to make money in the NFL, Bud Adams would have run Fisher off years ago.

Yet Houston fans and some media desire to hire Fisher? Great coach? Please. (Need I mention Fisher's relatively branchless coaching tree?)

It doesn't make sense
In NFL history, 57 men have coached at least 150 games. Fisher is one of only three to coach all of his games with one team and not win a championship. Coincidentally, each of the other two has a .622 winning percentage, compared to Fisher's .551.

Bud Grant, who coached 259 games (to Fisher's 256 at this point), posted 11 winning seasons, 11 division championships and made four Super Bowl appearances with the Vikings.

Andy Reid has six division titles in 11 seasons (and his team leads the NFC East), with a Super Bowl appearance, five NFC title games and just two losing seasons. Until last year, his Eagles, who host the Texans next Thursday, had not lost an opening playoff game, winning seven straight.

In a way, none of this matters as Fisher, one of the highest-paid coaches in the league, would have to throw away millions to leave the Titans before his contract expires after next year. And it is quite unlikely Adams would give him permission to immediately return to where his career started and take over the Texans next year.

Only a fool - let's go with a working premise that Texans owner Bob McNair is no fool - would fire Kubiak and give up draft picks to hire Fisher. It is also safe to assume McNair isn't afflicted with coach envy. If so, he would have fired Kubiak long ago.

There are five active coaches in the NFL who have won Super Bowls. Fisher isn't one of them. There are eight other Super Bowl-winning coaches who have left the NFL in the past five seasons.

Explain to me again why McNair would want to hire a non-title-winning coach with a 16-plus-year record of being slightly above average?

Average football coaches are a dime a dozen, well actually about $5 million a year each, but which is chump change to an NFL owner.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Solomon-Fisher-s-not-your-man-Texans-fans-1718143.php

chiefzilla1501
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
By the way. While everyone's looking for ex coaches and coordinators, guess what Payton and McCarthy have in common? Both have tons of experience as qbs coaches. To me, that's a pretty good place to look. Obviously, that's not zorn. But there has to be someone else out there.

Dexter Manley
12-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Oklahoma State is me...

FloridaMan88
12-27-2011, 02:31 PM

Let's compare...

Jeff Fisher:
5 Playoff Wins as a Head Coach (since 1994), 1 Super Bowl Appearance
Developed a franchise QB in Steve McNair

The Chiefs:
Zero Playoff Wins since 1994, Zero Super Bowl Appearances
Zero history of developing a franchise QB since Len Dawson

I'd say advantage Jeff Fisher.

DJJasonp
12-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Let's compare...

Jeff Fisher:

The Chiefs:

Not so sure I call McNair a franchise QB.

In 11 years, he only had 3 with a QB rating over 90.

Never threw for more than 24 TD's in a season.

Couldnt stay healthy

And threw quite a few picks (119 in 11 years).

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Let's compare...

Jeff Fisher:

The Chiefs:

McNair a franchise QB?

LMAO

Dumbass.

BigMeatballDave
12-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Get rid of Cassel and then ask me if I care.

Heh, pretty much. That PoS is a coach killer.

FloridaMan88
12-27-2011, 06:47 PM
McNair a franchise QB?

LMAO

Dumbass.

Yet another gem from Dumbshit Dave again.

Co-MVP in 2003?

Leading the Titans to the franchise's first Super Bowl in 2000?

3-time Pro Bowl QB?

Amazing that Dumsbshit Dave has been posting on this message board for nearly 11 years now and hasn't figured out a way to dislodge his head from his fat ass to put forth a semi-coherent thought.

whoman69
12-27-2011, 07:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greaseman

http://www.greaseman.org/main_bio.html

"He developed a relationship with Redskin Dexter Manley, who joined him on-air for regular sports updates until he was sent to XXXX for bull."

I'd rep you if you weren't a stupid mult.

whoman69
12-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Chiefs Must Not Hire Jeff Fisher
(http://kan.scout.com/2/1142042.html)

FYP

KC_Lee
12-27-2011, 08:27 PM
The more and more I think about Fisher to the Chiefs the more and more I am taken back to those heady days of 1989. Shall we travel back to those days?

The franchise is in the doldrums. A string of failures at head coach has cost the team dearly. The owner gets fed up and cleans house. The team needs to make a splashy hire. Something to fire up the fan base. The team hires Marty. A proven coach who has gotten his team so close the Super Bowl twice.

And what did we get? A lot of playoff losses and no franchise QB. And we were so close, we were just a QB away.

So everyone that thinks that Fisher is the answer needs to ask this question; Do we really want to go back to that?

FloridaMan88
12-27-2011, 11:50 PM
The more and more I think about Fisher to the Chiefs the more and more I am taken back to those heady days of 1989. Shall we travel back to those days?

The franchise is in the doldrums. A string of failures at head coach has cost the team dearly. The owner gets fed up and cleans house. The team needs to make a splashy hire. Something to fire up the fan base. The team hires Marty. A proven coach who has gotten his team so close the Super Bowl twice.

And what did we get? A lot of playoff losses and no franchise QB. And we were so close, we were just a QB away.

So everyone that thinks that Fisher is the answer needs to ask this question; Do we really want to go back to that?

Why do you equate hiring Jeff Fisher to the Chiefs not getting a franchise QB?

Fisher has a proven track record, as a head coach of drafting a franchise-caliber QB in the first round, Steve McNair and helping to develop him into an MVP, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl-caliber QB.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2011, 11:52 PM

What you don't realize is that Fisher sees the value in a franchise QB.

KC_Lee
12-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Why do you equate hiring Jeff Fisher to the Chiefs not getting a franchise QB?

Fisher has a proven track record, as a head coach of drafting a franchise-caliber QB in the first round, Steve McNair and helping to develop him into an MVP, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl-caliber QB.

He drafted one QB who had a few great years and one co-MVP season. And even then they only went to one Super Bowl and after that the playoff record is marginal at best.

What you don't realize is that Fisher sees the value in a franchise QB.

Willing to bet that Fisher wants to put a vet (aka another broke dick) at QB. I don't see Fisher or Cowher wanting to put in more that 5 - 6 years at a new HC job.

FloridaMan88
12-28-2011, 08:27 AM
He drafted one QB who had a few great years and one co-MVP season. And even then they only went to one Super Bowl and after that the playoff record is marginal at best.

Willing to bet that Fisher wants to put a vet (aka another broke dick) at QB. I don't see Fisher or Cowher wanting to put in more that 5 - 6 years at a new HC job.

Fisher, twice in Tennessee tried building around a first round-drafted QB. Steve McNair was a success, Vince Young was not. The point is though Fisher's approach was to build around a drafted, young QB rather than go the stop-gap veteran approach.

And why don't you see Fisher wanting to put in the time to draft and develop a QB in KC? He is 53 years old... 11 years younger than Romeo.

KC_Lee
12-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Fisher, twice in Tennessee tried building around a first round-drafted QB. Steve McNair was a success, Vince Young was not. The point is though Fisher's approach was to build around a drafted, young QB rather than go the stop-gap veteran approach.

And why don't you see Fisher wanting to put in the time to draft and develop a QB in KC? He is 53 years old... 11 years younger than Romeo.

Only one coach, Parcells, has gone from one team (NY Giants) to another (NE Pats) and drafted (Bledsoe) and franchise QB. Recent history points to this trend continuing.

Also, if we remove the whole "Fisher would draft a QB" discussion Fisher is still an overrated coach. His record is not that impressive and remove the Super Bowl run of 13 years ago and is playoff record is 2 - 6.

And let's consider his last "sucessful" season was a carbon copy of what we had with Marty. Team with a vet QB (Collins), strong running game, strong defense, had home field throughout the playoffs (record of 13 - 3) and promptly lost in the first round.

Having watched the last 6 years of the Fisher coached Titans (I have lived in the Nashville area since 2004) I know his coaching approach is play not to lose and not play to win. Again, this is what we had during the Marty era. Strive for mediocrity and hope for some turn overs and / or luck is not a recipe for sucess. You can win a few games, make the playoffs now and again but unless you get extremely lucky (aka the Music City Miracle) you will never get to a Super Bowl.