PDA

View Full Version : Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

luv
01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Down 13 lbs!

whoman69
01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Here are some pics. Pizza looked great, smelled good, crust had great texture......but tasted like complete dog crap. It was like eating cardboard covered in dirt. Not sure what those people of that blog were eating that warranted such high praise....

The quest for low carb diet pizza continues.

Instead of going low carb, why don't you go for a whole grain crust? Pretty much most of the stuff I read agrees that outside of straight sugar, calories are calories.

whoman69
01-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Lost 2 pounds so far, well on my way to a goal of 168 by vacation time.

luv
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Instead of going low carb, why don't you go for a whole grain crust? Pretty much most of the stuff I read agrees that outside of straight sugar, calories are calories.

Or eat it for lunch. Carbs aren't bad if they're done in moderation and earlier in the day so you have more time to burn the energy and calories.

luv
01-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm meeting with a personal trainer/certified weight loss manager tomorrow. I can't afford her monthly session rate, but the consultation is free and she will come up with an exercise program for me for $75. I'm really looking forward to it.

zonachief
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Down 13 lbs!

congrats! Well done!

mnchiefsguy
01-23-2012, 12:29 PM

I am trying to avoid gluten as well (the wheat belly type diet). I have found that avoiding gluten has greatly helped my blood sugar (I am a type 2 diabetic).

I love pizza, pasta, and bread though. Don't seem to miss the pasta as much as I thought...but I really, really, miss pizza. If I can find a low carb solution, gluten free, I could really do some damage on the scale.

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
is there such thing as an accurate, inexpensive scale?

luv
01-23-2012, 10:27 PM

I have a Weight Watchers digital scale I've had for years. Not sure on the accuracy, but I make sure to use the same one every time.

Pablo
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Throw me in the OP. At 205 and looking to get down to 180. I was at 220 a couple of weeks ago but have been watching my portions and limiting carbs in the afternoon and evening.

Frosty
01-23-2012, 11:39 PM

I've had an Escali digital scale for years and really like it. It is accurate and only about $22. The only downside is that a plate can obscure the display but I just put a bowl on the scale, tare it and then put the plate on.

Plus, you can get it in all kinds of neat-o colors. :D

Escali (http://www.amazon.com/Escali-P115C-Digital-Multifunctional-Chrome/dp/B0007GAWRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1327383403&sr=1-1)

Buck
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
I plateau'd for a week. I even gained 4 lbs.

Finally past that and now at 277.8.

The Franchise
01-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Feb. 1st everyone will need to post their updated weight in the thread.....or PM me.

luv
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
I met with a personal trainer last night. She was extremely nice and very easy to discuss things with. I am going at 9am Saturday for my first of two sessions in order for her to design a workout program for me. We talked about the changes I already made to my diet and how it's helped me to lose weight already. I have to keep a three day food log including one weekend day, so I'm doing it Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I mentioned that I have a bike, a couple of 2 lbs weights, enjoying walking, and have access to a Bowflex. She said it sounded like I was definitely well-equipped.

Sauna appointment after work today. I've gotten to where I really look forward to them. It's about the only time I actually sit down and read anymore. Currently working on Wicked with Son of a Witch coming next.

With Algebra coming back to me so easily (I'm making over 101%), my only real stress is my thesis paper for my Paralegal class. I present it next Thursday, but then I'm basically done!

Life is going well. Nearly finished with school, successful changing my diet (as opposed to just not eating), and starting on a workout program. For right now, I'm actually beyond content.

L.A. Chieffan
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
after almost 4 weeks im proud to say that ive dropped down to 366!

Ultra Peanut
01-25-2012, 11:34 AM
What's your routine?All I have access to consistently is my roommate's (fancy shmancy) stationary bike, so mostly I just ride it at moderate intensity (~150 watts) for 65-75 minutes 4/5 times a week. I started out averaging probably 80watts/30mins three or four times a week, and it's weird to think how far it's progressed.

I didn't really start doing it expecting much in the way of weight loss, and honestly I kind of always shied away from stationary bikes because of the stigma that they don't accomplish anything; it just seemed like a thing to do to feel slightly better physically and I guess combined with the preventative nature of brutally honest calorie tracking/forecasting (writing things down and updating an Excel file), I've been losing weight pretty consistently since summer despite not really starting out with that as a goal.

It's also incredibly cool feeling like I have stamina and am in decent shape, and the difference in my metabolism is palpable. I also have been surprised lately by how easily I've been able to touch my toes/the floor, so I guess stretching's also pretty rad when you get down to it. Maybe when spring comes around I'll have opportunities to do physically-fit-people things for the first time since I was 12 years old.

Buck
01-25-2012, 11:36 AM
I took this picture on the right at like 6:30 am this morning, forgive me looking like shit.

This is why you should No-Carb diet.

http://i.imgur.com/VVWeG.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
01-25-2012, 11:41 AM
you need to start pushing weight at the gym homie. you look like youre tasting some of the heisenberg

Buck
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.

Ultra Peanut
01-25-2012, 11:51 AM
2 days later: Buck is cackling like a maniac in the crawl space under his house.

(Also congrats, that owns!)

Monty
01-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I have a Weight Watchers digital scale I've had for years. Not sure on the accuracy, but I make sure to use the same one every time.

I have one of those that I bought a couple of years ago...I fluctuate 4-5 lbs. each day, but if I weigh at the same time in the morning, it seems to be consistent.

Archie F. Swin
01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
I took this picture on the right at like 6:30 am this morning, forgive me looking like shit.

When was the before pic taken?

luv
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I keep thinking it's Thursday. I have class tonight. No sauna till tomorrow. :(

Buck
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
When was the before pic taken?

Yesterday. I grow a goatee that fast.

I don't know, sometime last year before I started dieting.

All of my weight loss has been from not eating carbs.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM

http://i.minus.com/i4rYsd1Z5ZcJr.gif

Hammock Parties
01-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Down 13 lbs!

Outstanding. Keep it up.

Buck
01-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I shaved off all my facial hair after I took that pic this morning.

It's been so long since I've seen my face without a mustache.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Enjoying your superstim, you beast?

Buck
01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Enjoying your superstim, you beast?

Awwwwww yeeeeeeeah!

Last night I ate 2 Boca Burgers for lack of my friend not having anything else Keto Friendly.

I've been farting all this morning. I haven't farted since December, lol.

luv
01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Sauna night. I've gotten to where I really look forward to it. Saturday morning, I'm meeting with the personal trainer at 9am before going to my sauna appointment at 10am. Can't wait! After Monday evening, she'll have a program designed specifically for me that targets my goals.

I ranked the following in order of importance:

1. Fat Loss
2. Improved health
3. More endurance
4. More strength
5. More power
6. More muscle mass
7. Specific sports training
8. Gain weight

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Sauna night. I've gotten to where I really look forward to it. Saturday morning, I'm meeting with the personal trainer at 9am before going to my sauna appointment at 10am. Can't wait! After Monday evening, she'll have a program designed specifically for me that targets my goals.

1. Fat Loss
2. Improved health
3. More endurance
4. More strength
5. More power
6. More muscle mass
8. Gain weight

You should just cut out your carbs and all of those will happen.

luv
01-26-2012, 09:11 AM
You should just cut out your carbs and all of those will happen.

Sorry. I refuse to simply cut out a food group. What happens when I start eating them again? They are important to the body for a reason. I've just learned moderation and to try to eat any carbs early in the day. That way, I have the remainder of the day to burn them off. I'm not doing any special diet. I'm changing the way I eat, and learning more about what's good for my body. This way, it's a lifestyle change, and not just a diet (which would eventually end).

luv
01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
The personal trainer made a good point to me when I met with her the other night. It's not that Americans can't lose weight. Thousands do it all the time. The main problem is that Americans don't know how to properly maintain a lower weight. That's what I'm hoping to accomplish.

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Sorry. I refuse to simply cut out a food group. What happens when I start eating them again? They are important to the body for a reason. I've just learned moderation and to try to eat any carbs early in the day. That way, I have the remainder of the day to burn them off. I'm not doing any special diet. I'm changing the way I eat, and learning more about what's good for my body. This way, it's a lifestyle change, and not just a diet (which would eventually end).

Carbs are not important to your body for any reason and you should probably not eat them ever again.

luv
01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Carbs are not important to your body for any reason and you should probably not eat them ever again.

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/carbohydrates/overview.html

Function
The primary function of carbohydrates is to provide energy for the body, especially the brain and the nervous system. An enzyme called amylase helps break down carbohydrates into glucose (blood sugar), which is used for energy by the body.

Side Effects
Getting too many carbohydrates can lead to an increase in total calories, causing obesity.
Not getting enough carbohydrates can cause a lack of calories (malnutrition), or excessive intake of fats to make up the calories.

And increasing fats? Depends on the fat. There are good types of fat and bad types of fat. You're increasing fats to make up for the lack of calories you're denying your body from not eating any carbs. If you're going to go with no carbs, I hope you research what kinds of fats are good for you before just eating anything you want.

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
luv, you know how you say you eat your carbs early in the day so you can burn them off?

Well you know if you stop eating carbs, then your body has to get energy from else where.

Instead of getting glucose from the carbs you intake, your body will start using ketones in your fat cells to get energy, hence you lose weight (and fat weight, not muscle weight).

I'm serious. The Standard American Diet (starvation diet) is no good because you will always put the weight back on.

No offense, but how many times have you done a diet and put back on the weight? I know you've talked about it a few times on here.

I did keto for months, stopped, didn't put the weight back on. I put some of it back on because I was drinking 12 beers a night and eating Jack in the Box every night. But for 6 months I didn't put back on a single pound.

luv
01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
luv, you know how you say you eat your carbs early in the day so you can burn them off?

Well you know if you stop eating carbs, then your body has to get energy from else where.

Instead of getting glucose from the carbs you intake, your body will start using ketones in your fat cells to get energy, hence you lose weight (and fat weight, not muscle weight).

I'm serious. The Standard American Diet (starvation diet) is no good because you will always put the weight back on.

No offense, but how many times have you done a diet and put back on the weight? I know you've talked about it a few times on here.

I did keto for months, stopped, didn't put the weight back on. I put some of it back on because I was drinking 12 beers a night and eating Jack in the Box every night. But for 6 months I didn't put back on a single pound.

I'm not starving myself in the least. Yes, I've done that before. I've revamped my diet (as in food intake, not fad diets). While losing weight is my main goal right now, my other focus is overall health. Sorry, I can't go the rest of my life without bread, pasta, potatoes, yogurt, etc. However, I don't have to deprive myself of something I enjoy. I simply have to do all things in moderation.

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/nutrition/carbohydrates/overview.html

And increasing fats? Depends on the fat. There are good types of fat and bad types of fat. You're increasing fats to make up for the lack of calories you're denying your body from not eating any carbs. If you're going to go with no carbs, I hope you research what kinds of fats are good for you before just eating anything you want.

This is such bullshit. I cannot explain to you how bullshit this is.

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm not starving myself in the least. Yes, I've done that before. I've revamped my diet (as in food intake, not fad diets). While losing weight is my main goal right now, my other focus is overall health. Sorry, I can't go the rest of my life without bread, pasta, potatoes, yogurt, etc. However, I don't have to deprive myself of something I enjoy. I simply have to do all things in moderation.

Okay. I hope it works for you. If it doesn't, please give a very low carb diet a chance for 1 month. If you do 1 month and decide it's not the best thing you ever did, then you can forget everything I've said.

Rausch
01-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Rausch is back to the robust 205...

luv
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
This is such bullshit. I cannot explain to you how bullshit this is.

Please do. I want to know how creating a balanced diet, with all things in moderation, is complete bullshit.

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Please do. I want to know how creating a balanced diet, with all things in moderation, is complete bullshit.

You implied that increasing fats instead of taking in carbs is bad for you.

Just because it's also called fat doesn't mean it makes you fat.

Carbs are what make you fat. This is scientifically proven.

As far as what kinds of fats you take in, I don't even know what you mean.

luv
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Okay. I hope it works for you. If it doesn't, please give a very low carb diet a chance for 1 month. If you do 1 month and decide it's not the best thing you ever did, then you can forget everything I've said.

I'm already doing a low carb diet. What carbs I am eating are in the morning. Unless I eat a yogurt after dinner. Putting a thick & creamy or whipped yoplait light in the freezer for a little while gets it cold enough that it's almost like eating ice cream. :D

luv
01-26-2012, 09:49 AM
You implied that increasing fats instead of taking in carbs is bad for you.

Just because it's also called fat doesn't mean it makes you fat.

Carbs are what make you fat. This is scientifically proven.

Look up fats. Do a little research. Fats contain calories. Eating them in excess will also cause weight gain. More calories in than calories burned = weight gain.

You've obviously researched carbs. Now research other things that you eat.

Buck
01-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Look up fats. Do a little research. Fats contain calories. Eating them in excess will also cause weight gain. More calories in than calories burned = weight gain.

I've researched everything. Believe me.

Clay set me on the right path a year ago. I know what I'm doing.

Have you not seen the progress pictures?

luv
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
I've researched everything. Believe me.

Clay set me on the right path a year ago. I know what I'm doing.

Have you not seen the progress pictures?

So you know about saturated fat (fried foods, for example) vs. unsaturated fat. Weight loss is great, but what about your heart health? And yes, I've seen the progress pictures. I'm glad you know what works for you. I hope you enjoy your carb free life. We're on different paths. I'm simply looking for overall health, which inevitably includes weight loss if I'm carrying too much around. Right now, that's what I want. I'm just looking at what will make me healthier overall in the long run.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Yes, eating excess calories will make you gain weight.

Keto diets, provided you maintain a caloric deficit, are more efficient at burning fat though.

When you take in carbs, your body is going to consume those first as an energy source. If it can't do that, it's going to go after your fat stores.

Hence, more efficient.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
And FYI, most people can't maintain the keto diet long term, but it's very effective for fast weight loss.

And you will keep the weight off by eating properly and exercising, whether you're eating carbs or not.

luv
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, eating excess calories will make you gain weight.

Keto diets, provided you maintain a caloric deficit, are more efficient at burning fat though.

When you take in carbs, your body is going to consume those first as an energy source. If it can't do that, it's going to go after your fat stores.

Hence, more efficient.

I know you're the god of losing weight. That's great. I want to lose weight, but I'm also a woman in my mid-thirties. I want overall health, which weight loss is only a part of.

Buck
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I know you're the god of losing weight. That's great. I want to lose weight, but I'm also a woman in my mid-thirties. I want overall health, which weight loss is only a part of.

I don't know why you think a ketogenic diet is unhealthy.

It's probably one of the healthiest diets for you body. It gets rid of the fat which cause stress to the rest of your body, especially your heart.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM

Keto diets are healthy.

I doubt you have the discipline required to stay on one, though.

luv
01-26-2012, 10:14 AM
And FYI, most people can't maintain the keto diet long term, but it's very effective for fast weight loss.

And you will keep the weight off by eating properly and exercising, whether you're eating carbs or not.

And I'm running a marathon, not a sprint. :)

I'm not trying to discourage anyone's rapid weight loss. I think it's great that people are happy. I've lost 14 lbs with the switch in my diet. It's a healthy weight loss, and I'm happy with that. I've had a few people notice the difference, but not enough of a physical difference yet to jump up and down about. Exercise is the next phase of getting healthy now that I'm getting my diet down.

Buck, sorry if I sounded argumentative.

luv
01-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Keto diets are healthy.

I doubt you have the discipline required to stay on one, though.

Thanks for the discouragement. I'm doing what works. Just because I don't follow your every word doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong.

Nzoner
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM

8 years ago I was at 281 when I started "my own" low carb program.Ten months later I was at 199 and since then the heaviest I've gotten back to is 230 but like you it was because I got back into the same old habits.

Now back at 213,doing low carb and went to the doc the other day and cholesterol was at 192,NEVER seen it that low and I'm eating real salad dressings and plenty of eggs.

Brock
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM

1. Fat Loss
2. Improved health
3. More endurance
4. More strength
5. More power
6. More muscle mass
8. Gain weight

Sauna appointment. LMAO

luv
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
People laughing at me, calling me undisciplined...

I disagree with a certain diet. I'm doing what I need to do for myself, and it's working for me. I thought I'd share it. Tough crowd.

Buck
01-26-2012, 10:24 AM
No LeAnn, I hope that it does work out for you.

This all started when I mentioned the Keto Diet and you said you wouldn't try it.

Brock
01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
People laughing at me, calling me undisciplined...

I disagree with a certain diet. I'm doing what I need to do for myself, and it's working for me. I thought I'd share it. Tough crowd.

Meh, you're choosing to engage Clay in what he thinks about things. He's a dumbass who thinks he's some kind of athlete because he stopped shoving ding dongs in his mouth, at least the chocolate kind.

It's real simple. Calories expended vs. calories eaten. Work harder, eat less. Fad diets are for dumbasses.

luv
01-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Sauna appointment. LMAO

I guess that does sound a little funny. It's an infrared sauna. Thirty minutes in there completely makes my day. There's a local wight loss/health awareness program that I'm participating in, and this place is one of the sponsors. Got a great deal on a couple of packages. Since there are 168 people in this program, and several of them are trying several different things for the first time, the people there told me that if I was an after work or weekend person (which I am), then it's best to place a hold on one for those certain times. I guess that's where I came up with "sauna appointment". Heh.

Buck
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Meh, you're choosing to engage Clay in what he thinks about things. He's a dumbass who thinks he's some kind of athlete because he stopped shoving ding dongs in his mouth, at least the chocolate kind.

It's real simple. Calories expended vs. calories eaten. Work harder, eat less. Fad diets are for dumbasses.

Depends on what you consider a fad diet.

A Keto Diet works.

I can find you a fad diet called the Bread Diet that will make you fatter than shit.

Here is me from the 2010 Bash and from just now. Wearing basically the same thing. All weight lost was from cutting carbs. I don't even know how much I weighed when I was at the Bash. I was really fat though.

http://i.imgur.com/qi5pj.jpg

Brock
01-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Depends on what you consider a fad diet.

A Keto Diet works.

I can find you a fad diet called the Bread Diet that will make you fatter than shit.

Here is me from the 2010 Bash and from just now. Wearing basically the same thing. All weight lost was from cutting carbs. I don't even know how much I weighed when I was at the Bash. I was really fat though.

http://i.imgur.com/qi5pj.jpg

Whatever works for you. I'm just saying there is nothing, NOTHING that works better than working out hard and eating less. It's good that you lost weight, but if it's true that "all weight lost was from cutting carbs", I'd hesitate to say that you are necessarily any healthier than you were before.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the discouragement. I'm doing what works. Just because I don't follow your every word doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong.

Where did I say you were doing anything wrong?

You should not talk shit on keto, though, it works.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
I've heard that this

http://www.bikes.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/specialized-rockhopper-2011-mountain-bike-2.jpg

and these

http://newbalancerunningshoes.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/New-Balance-Running-Shoes-10.jpg

are a good way to lose fat.

Then, when you've lost a bunch of weight you can even start using these

http://www.healthstylesexercise.com/catalog/images/Bowflex-SelectTech-1090-Dumbbells.jpg

luv
01-26-2012, 11:19 AM
I've heard that this

http://www.bikes.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/specialized-rockhopper-2011-mountain-bike-2.jpg

and these

http://newbalancerunningshoes.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/New-Balance-Running-Shoes-10.jpg

are a good way to lose fat.

http://www.healthstylesexercise.com/catalog/images/Bowflex-SelectTech-1090-Dumbbells.jpg

Getting ready to start this. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 11:21 AM

Or you could lift FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!

Fat people can lift weights, too.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Or you could lift FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!

Fat people can lift weights, too.

You could, but generally fat people want to shed lbs and mayyyyyyybe lift later.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
You could, but generally fat people want to shed lbs and mayyyyyyybe lift later.

You're wrong.

Buck
Whatever works for you. I'm just saying there is nothing, NOTHING that works better than working out hard and eating less. It's good that you lost weight, but if it's true that "all weight lost was from cutting carbs", I'd hesitate to say that you are necessarily any healthier than you were before.

You are ill-informed.

I have a caloric deficit, and my body doesn't take energy from glucose consumption. It gets its energy from ketones which are stored in my fat cells. I am way healthier than I was before it. Both my blood pressure and cholesterol are at good levels now and I'm losing at least 2 lbs a week, usually around 5.

jd1020
You're wrong.

Whatever you say.

Hammock Parties
Whatever you say.

Thanks.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks.

I just don't want to get into a pissing match with the wikipedia allstar.

I'm a regular at Gold's Gym, I've been through personal training, and I've kept an eye on other training sessions. There's a reason why the people who've studied and have degrees on the subject start off obese people on the treadmill and running circuits. The calorie burn you are going to get from lifting weights cannot come close to the calorie burn you get from cardio.

Brock
01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
You are ill-informed.

I have a caloric deficit, and my body doesn't take energy from glucose consumption. It gets its energy from ketones which are stored in my fat cells. I am way healthier than I was before it. Both my blood pressure and cholesterol are at good levels now and I'm losing at least 2 lbs a week, usually around 5.

Are you stronger? Are you able to run for long periods of time? I don't know this because I'm only going by your comment that all the weight you lost was due to cutting out carbs. Like I said, whatever works for you, but I'd put up a guy doing it the old fashioned way against what you're doing any time.

Buck
01-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Are you stronger? Are you able to run for long periods of time? I don't know this because I'm only going by your comment that all the weight you lost was due to cutting out carbs. Like I said, whatever works for you, but I'd put up a guy doing it the old fashioned way against what you're doing any time.

What are you talking about? I'm doing everything a person would do on a normal diet, including having a caloric deficit and working out. I'm just losing weight 2.5 times faster.

Brock
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
What are you talking about? I'm doing everything a person would do on a normal diet, including having a caloric deficit and working out. I'm just losing weight 2.5 times faster.

What I'm talking about is, "all weight loss is from cutting carbs".

luv
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM

I've also lost nearly 5lbs per week this month, and I eat carbs. It's not the only way to lose weight.

luv
01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
And I haven't read back through to see where I said that whatever diet it is that you're doing isn't healthy. If I did, I apologize. I was simply trying to say that I'm looking more at my overall health. I don't eat fried foods, and I try to steer clear of foods where more than 30% of the total calories comes from fat. I'm taking a probiotic, and a tablespoon of flax seed oil (mostly fat, I know, but great source of Omega 3) every other day.

I'm sure the no carb thing is great. Clay is right, it's not something I can do long term. If I can't do it long term, then I'm not going to do it. Why? Because my ultimate goal is losing weight AND keeping it off. I'm simply getting into the habit of eating healthy foods now.

Oh, and also trying to steer clear of processed foods.

I'm not always to the letter. If I goof up, then I make sure I only goof up the once. I'll also be supplementing exercise in, which will help with the times that I goof up.

Buck
01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
I've lost 67 lbs of fat and I've been doing this diet for a total of 70 days. I'm stronger now than I was before.

Buck
01-26-2012, 11:46 AM
What I'm talking about is, "all weight loss is from cutting carbs".

You could lay in bed all day and eat 2000 calories of nothing but fat and protein and you'd lose about a pound a week. Try doing that with pasta, cereal, bread, and potatoes.

luv
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
You could lay in bed all day and eat 2000 calories of nothing but fat and protein and you'd lose about a pound a week. Try doing that with pasta, cereal, bread, and potatoes.

Link.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
I just don't want to get into a pissing match with the wikipedia allstar.

I'm a regular at Gold's Gym, I've been through personal training, and I've kept an eye on other training sessions. There's a reason why the people who've studied and have degrees on the subject start off obese people on the treadmill and running circuits. The calorie burn you are going to get from lifting weights cannot come close to the calorie burn you get from cardio.

LMAO

There's nothing wrong with fat people doing some weight training.

It was the first thing I did.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
LMAO

There's nothing wrong with fat people doing some weight training.

It was the first thing I did.

When did I say there was "something wrong with it?"

Demonpenz
01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I threw out left over wings an pizza yesterday, it was a tough day. I then wrote down what I ate and had a 1400 calorie day.

Buck
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I suggest your read this
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm

This
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aiHSPoto_YqsNTDvL-g60nytMnyH-CJcCbiAx1IEUYM/edit

This
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

This
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3407406

This
http://fitnessblackbook.com/dieting_for_fat_loss/high-insulin-levels-stop-fat-loss-and-cause-weight-gain/

This
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/insulin-levels-and-fat-loss-qa.html

I can keep listing more if you want me to...I have a job interview to go to right now. Then I am going to work until 4.

Talk to you later.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
When did I say there was "nothing wrong with it?"

You said fat people shouldn't weight train.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
You said fat people shouldn't weight train.

When?

vailpass
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Good luck to you all.
chiefzilla-167????

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
When?

You said "when you've lost a bunch of weight you can even start using these."

Wrong. You should use them immediately. Pick up a fucking weight and go for it, fatty. You have nothing to lose.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Wrong. You should use them immediately. Pick up a ****ing weight and go for it, fatty. You have nothing to lose.

That doesn't say "fat people should not use weights," dumbass.

If you are morbidly obese you should stick to cardio in the beginning.

If you are interested in building muscle you should start weight training when you are still a little fat. But the calorie burn you get from weight training does not come close to cardio in the fat shredding category.

vailpass
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Wrong. You should use them immediately. Pick up a ****ing weight and go for it, fatty. You have nothing to lose.

Yep. Nothing but pounds.

Nzoner
01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Like I said, whatever works for you, but I'd put up a guy doing it the old fashioned way against what you're doing any time.

Never disagree with that,nothing but nothing is as good as physical exercise,however,an eating plan combined with that is much faster.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
If you are morbidly obese you should stick to cardio in the beginning.

Wrong.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Wrong.

You're a fucking idiot. But that goes without saying.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
You're a fucking idiot. But that goes without saying.

No, you're a fucking idiot.

There's literally no downside for an obese person lifting weights.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 02:03 PM
No, you're a ****ing idiot.

There's literally no downside for an obese person lifting weights.

I'm so glad no one pays you for your insight on losing fat.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm so glad no one pays you for your insight on losing fat.

You're one dumb motherfucker.

weight lifting for fat loss

Increased metabolic rate

The first reason weight lifting is a good option for fat loss is because it boosts metabolic rate both over the short term as well as over the long term. In the hours after an intense weight-lifting session you will experience an increase in metabolic rate. What’s more, weight lifting will help you maintain your total amount of lean muscle mass, creating a permanent increase in metabolism.

Cardio training will only cause a short rise in metabolic rate for an hour or two after the session, taking away from the overall calorie-burning benefits compared with resistance training.

Often, overdoing cardio will actually decrease your total lean body mass, so you could see a reduction in metabolism over time working against your fat loss efforts.

Read more: http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_250/295_weightlifting-for-fat-loss.html#ixzz1kb4LNec2

jd1020
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Get back to me when obese people can complete an intense weight lifting workout.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Get back to me when obese people can complete an intense weight lifting workout.

OK, here I am, getting back to you.

I was 310 pounds and completed intense lifting workouts when I first started getting fit.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
OK, here I am, getting back to you.

I was 310 pounds and completed intense lifting workouts when I first started getting fit.

I'm sure.

Were you starving yourself at the same time? More solid advice.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm sure.

Have you ever watched a single episode of the biggest loser?

Intense weightlifting, from the very start.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Were you starving yourself at the same time? More solid advice.

No, I was eating healthy.

You are the dumbest motherfucker in this thread.

Brock
01-26-2012, 02:14 PM
No, there's no reason not to start lifting immediately as long as it's done right.

Demonpenz
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
No one here advocates "Starving" right? I've never seen a "Fast" go beyond a day or two. People are just pussies if they can't "Fast" and then they cry "OMG I CAN'T STARRRVE MYSELF" well dickbags Jesus did it, and he was fucking awesome!

jd1020
01-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Funny. I'm skipping through a full episode of week one right now.

They seem to be doing a lot of circuits and treadmills.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Funny. I'm skipping through a full episode of week one right now.

They seem to be doing a lot of circuits and treadmills.

OK, whatever.

You still haven't come up with one single reason why an obese person can't benefit from weightlifting.

Rausch
01-26-2012, 02:38 PM
No, there's no reason not to start lifting immediately as long as it's done right.

Just start slow.

Predarat
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
If you eat things that make you sick, like ramen noodles, you will puke and lose weight. It works.

Dartgod
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM

LMAO

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2012, 06:10 AM
cardio is cool, weightlifting is cool, low-carb is cool in the right circumstances, everyone pls chillax

Archie F. Swin
01-27-2012, 07:35 AM
No person who is attempting to improve their life should be made to feel bad about it. If it works for you, then it works.

There's no doubt that I'm losing weight because I'm limiting my daily calories. It's my daily exercise, however, that makes it easier to look in the mirror every day, and makes me feel very good about what I'm doing.

Archie F. Swin
01-27-2012, 07:37 AM
People are just pussies if they can't "Fast" and then they cry "OMG I CAN'T STARRRVE MYSELF" well dickbags Jesus did it, and he was ****ing awesome!

Either there is a fucking awesome guy named Dickbags Jesus, or you left out some punctuation.

Archie F. Swin
01-27-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm having no problems eating right at meal time. My problem is snacking. I need advice on smart snacking. Yes, I'm eating bananas, pears, a hand full of unsalted, unroasted almonds and drinking water daily. I really would like to have something that will tide me over to mealtime .

Buck
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM

I had a hell of a day yesterday and ended up only eating 5 slices of bacon for breakfast and a slice of beef jerky for lunch.

So close to my lowest weight in the past 5+ years or so.

jd1020
01-27-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm having no problems eating right at meal time. My problem is snacking. I need advice on smart snacking. Yes, I'm eating bananas, pears, a hand full of unsalted, unroasted almonds and drinking water daily. I really would like to have something that will tide me over to mealtime .

Nuts/seeds.

Pick up some sunflower/pumpkin seeds.

If you are looking for something with more substance then start eating 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3.

EDIT: Also, make sure you are drinking lots of water. Sometimes the feeling of hunger can be "cured" by drinking. You should be drinking 50-70% of your total body weight in oz. of water, daily.

luv
01-27-2012, 10:33 AM

I absolutely love my raw almonds as a snack. This morning, I'm having a Cascadian Farm Organic granola bar. This one is vanilla chip, and it's made with whole grain. I also sometimes have a yogurt.

luv
01-27-2012, 10:35 AM

I had a hell of a day yesterday and ended up only eating 5 slices of bacon for breakfast and a slice of beef jerky for lunch.

So close to my lowest weight in the past 5+ years or so.

Didn't you tell me starvation diets aren't good? :p

Or, actually, did I read that somewhere?

Either way, I'm just giving you crap, so please don't argue with me.

Buck
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Didn't you tell me starvation diets aren't good? :p

Or, actually, did I read that somewhere?

Either way, I'm just giving you crap, so please don't argue with me.

I think you commented in that other thread I had.

I had a shitty day yesterday and when it was over I just wanted to sleep so I skipped dinner.

The Franchise
01-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Unsweetened Almond Milk and Protein Powder for breakfast. Yum.

The Franchise
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM
No, I was eating healthy.

You are the dumbest motherfucker on this board.

FYP

luv
01-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Unsweetened Almond Milk and Protein Powder for breakfast. Yum.

That's what I do for breakfast as well. I'm doing Spiru-tein Smoothies with Unsweetened Almond Milk. LOVE them!

luv
01-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I think you commented in that other thread I had.

I had a shitty day yesterday and when it was over I just wanted to sleep so I skipped dinner.

I understand. Sorry about arguing with you yesterday.

Buck
01-27-2012, 10:48 AM
I have some Unsweetened Almond milk too.

Vanilla flavor. I can only stand so much before I start tasting the almonds.

Buck
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.foodandtechconnect.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Carbs_Are_Killing_You.png

The Franchise
01-27-2012, 11:18 AM
This movie is a great watch.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kWZq0bx8cXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It should still be on Netflix Instant Stream.

luv
01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
http://www.foodandtechconnect.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Carbs_Are_Killing_You.png

:rolleyes:

Fats don't make us fat? ANYTHING makes us fat if we have too much. It's not just a carbohydrates vs. fats war. It's consuming less calories than you burn. If you take everything in moderation, you'll be fine. Go ahead and keep eating your foods high in saturated fats. Your heart will thank you in 20 years. ;)

But please. Knowing that not everyone can/will do that, would you stop shoving it down our throats? TIA.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey, it's luv.

luv
01-27-2012, 12:01 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I have been steering clear of sandwiches due to bread, processed meat, and cheese. I've also limited my pasta, but A LOT. My yogurt and granola bars that I have for snacks sometimes have carbs though. Sorry to disappoint you.

luv
01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey, it's luv.

Why do you come in the "Fatties thread"? Shouldn't you be a regular in the Fitness thread instead?

Dartgod
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Hey, it's luv.

Don't you have some minorities to disparage on TexansPlanet?

Buck
01-27-2012, 12:29 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I have been steering clear of sandwiches due to bread, processed meat, and cheese. I've also limited my pasta, but A LOT. My yogurt and granola bars that I have for snacks sometimes have carbs though. Sorry to disappoint you.

At least you're doing some form of low carb. Sounds like you're keeping your insulin levels semi-low.

Predarat
01-27-2012, 02:18 PM
They need to sell raw Pumkins year round, freshly roasted Pumkin Seeds are an awesome snack. Though what you get for 5-6$ is probably not worth it.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Why do you come in the "Fatties thread"? Shouldn't you be a regular in the Fitness thread instead?

To encourage the fatties, and steer them in the right direction.

Think of me as the Obi-Wan Kenobi of fat loss.

"You fought in the fat wars?"

"Yes, I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your fatties."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_J8e0_6tVRlE/S-AlDAv2BcI/AAAAAAAAAgg/l4K7QztP6Mw/s1600/800px-Obiwan_old.jpg

luv
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
To discourage the fatties who argue with me and don't listen to my direction.

Ah, okay. Gotcha.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not going to coddle fatties who are doing it wrong, sorry.

luv
01-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not going to coddle fatties who are doing it wrong, sorry.

I'm sorry I refuse to worship you. In fact, I'm putting you on ignore. I hear enough of you through Buck.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry I refuse to worship you. In fact, I'm putting you on ignore. I hear enough of you through Buck.

Your attitude sucks, quite frankly.

Buck
01-27-2012, 06:55 PM
For the record Clay hasn't told me a single thing to say. I have studied the shit out of this and I know what I'm talking about.

keg in kc
01-27-2012, 07:26 PM
To encourage the fatties, and steer them in the right direction.

Think of me as the Obi-Wan Kenobi of fat loss.

"You fought in the fat wars?"

"Yes, I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your fatties."Translation: I'm an immature attention-whore.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Translation: I'm an immature attention-whore.

She asked, I answered.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2012, 08:26 PM
No person who is attempting to improve their life should be made to feel bad about it. If it works for you, then it works.

There's no doubt that I'm losing weight because I'm limiting my daily calories. It's my daily exercise, however, that makes it easier to look in the mirror every day, and makes me feel very good about what I'm doing.This, exactly. There is no One True Way. I lost/kept off 80+ pounds with a low-carb diet, and a few years later I've kind of meandered my way into losing ~15-20 pounds the more traditional route, and both were perfectly valid choices for my situation at the time. I'm honestly much happier with the way the latter is turning out, but I'll never ever question someone's choices when it comes to something as personal as weight loss and fitness in general.

Low-carb is an extreme approach for weight loss that I fully support if someone is willing to do it, but even though I have enormous qualms about trying to turn it into a lifestyle I don't try to scold one of my closest friends for eating lots of meat and making (really delicious and nicely-textured!) no-carb pizza and everything because it's working for him and he's happy with it.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Peanut, what did your buddy make his 0 carb pizza crust with?

I've found cream cheese, eggs and pork rinds works well.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, the main thing I remember is a couple of eggs for the crust, but it's been a while; I can ask if you want. I seriously wouldn't have known it wasn't normal pizza.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2012, 11:02 PM
do ask

Urc Burry
01-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Saw the argument about low carb diets a few pages back... I would recommend that to anyone.. A while back I was sitting at 5'11" 200 lb, and started lifting again and got up to 207 and got really frustrated. So I tried the low carb diet, and got down to 185 within 3 weeks no problem.. not to mention I cheated a lot. I also found it easier to keep the weight off when you are exercising and not pigging out on high carb foods like I enjoyed (pizza, hamburgers, spaghetti etc.)

Kyle DeLexus
01-28-2012, 02:12 AM
anyone try Dreamsfields low carb pasta? http://www4.netrition.com/dreamfields_pasta_page.html

I've heard of using veggies like squash or eggplant to make a pasta substitute, but if this stuff is decent it says it only has 5 grams of carbs per serving.

I've gone low carb before and it worked pretty well, but I missed spaghetti and other pasta dishes.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 02:15 AM
41g of carb is not low carb.

That'll yank you right out of ketosis.

Kyle DeLexus
01-28-2012, 02:34 AM
41g of carb is not low carb.

That'll yank you right out of ketosis.

Just noticed that. What the hell is a protected carb? Seems like a marketing gimmick aimed at people like me that only see 5 digestible carbs.

What kind of meals did you eat when you did this? Did you have an carb reload days or just stay the course? I've tried it once before, but didn't try any reload days and had a very limited list of items I would eat and got extremely bored with it.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Carb reload every two weeks.

Eggs, protein shakes, pork rinds, meat, cheese.

Wasn't so bad.

In fact, I'm on a low carb kick right now. I just had two burgers with a slice of mozzarella on each, ate them with some frank's red hot.

Lots of different wants to prepare eggs, chicken, beef, sausage, lamb, bacon, pork, etc.

Salsa verde has 0 carbs.

Buck
01-28-2012, 05:44 AM
41g of carbs lol.

keep it under 20, bub.

Buck
01-28-2012, 05:45 AM
For the record

Total Carbohydrates 41 g 14%
Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%
Soluble Fiber 3 g
Insoluble Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g

41 g carbs minus 5 g fiber = 36 net carbs

Buck
01-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Here you go, 0 carb noodles

http://www.julianbakery.com/low-carb-foods/zero-carb-noodles/

use those instead

i'm drunk as shit good night

luv
01-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Going to see my personal trainer this morning. She's an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer and American Council on Exercise Certified Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant. I'm going to talk to her about where no-carb diets fit into the overall health of a person. I'll definitely take her word over anyone on here who's simply wanting to lose weight quick.

01-28-2012, 08:41 AM
225 LBS

I just had a bowl of the original oat meal (the big flakes with no sugar or shit in them) and 6 hard boiled egg whites for breakfast. (FLEXES)

Off to the gym in about 3 hours for some cardio and some other strenuous activities.

Good luck to all of you folks!

And remember, even though oat meal has carbs in it, it is one of the greatest things for you long term. eating whole grain every day reduces a shit load of health risks for you long term.

mnchiefsguy
01-28-2012, 09:54 AM
This, exactly. There is no One True Way. I lost/kept off 80+ pounds with a low-carb diet, and a few years later I've kind of meandered my way into losing ~15-20 pounds the more traditional route, and both were perfectly valid choices for my situation at the time. I'm honestly much happier with the way the latter is turning out, but I'll never ever question someone's choices when it comes to something as personal as weight loss and fitness in general.

Low-carb is an extreme approach for weight loss that I fully support if someone is willing to do it, but even though I have enormous qualms about trying to turn it into a lifestyle I don't try to scold one of my closest friends for eating lots of meat and making (really delicious and nicely-textured!) no-carb pizza and everything because it's working for him and he's happy with it.

If there would be any way for you to ask your friend for said recipe, I would greatly appreciate it. Pizza is one my great food addictions, and if I can find a low carb solution to such, I can do some serious weight loss damage. Thank you!

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Going to see my personal trainer this morning. She's an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer and American Council on Exercise Certified Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant. I'm going to talk to her about where no-carb diets fit into the overall health of a person. I'll definitely take her word over anyone on here who's simply wanting to lose weight quick.

Just because you pay someone to tell you what to do doesn't make them right.

luv
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Just got back from trainer's and sauna. I feel so good! She showed me a few things to try. Pilates are going to kick my butt...lol. I did it on my elbows.

Anyway, she said that no carbs is not good for anything long term in terms of an overall healthy diet. She did say to stay away from the whites (white bread, white flour, white rice, etc). Anything white like that has been stripped of proteins and fiber. Pretty much what I've already been doing.

I'm keeping a 3 day food log, which we're going to go over next time I see her. She said we'd get more to the nitty-gritty of my diet at that time.

Now, I'm hungry. Time for some pasta! (jk)

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Anyway, she said that no carbs is not good for anything long term in terms of an overall healthy diet.

Gee, the same thing people said in this thread.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Your attitude sucks, quite frankly.

That's rich. :LOL:

Ultra Peanut
01-28-2012, 12:00 PM
I sent him a text asking about the pizza but he's been pretty busy lately so I dunno when I'll get an answer. It was more calorically dense than I was personally looking for (not a problem for most low-carbers, I'm guessing), but it was genuinely delicious to my non-dieting taste buds and I'd love to try it again sometime.

Also, I went almost a month without weighing myself because a) it's stressful and b) I was fairly certain I was holding steady, considering how I've eaten this month and the decent -- if mildly disappointing, given the awful cold that wrecked me and the root canal sluggishness last week -- month of exercise I'd had and how my body felt/looked. Sure enough, I weigh what I weighed on December 26th. Radicool. It's so nice having confidence in your approach to such a vital part of your lifestyle.

It's also nice being not-entirely-satisfied with weighing 156 pounds. I weighed literally a hundred pounds more than that at one point and the mid-150s were my entirely unrealistic dream weight. I thought at the very best I'd never be able to stay there, but now that doesn't feel like an imposing challenge at all.

mnchiefsguy
01-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Tried the cream cheese pancake recipe Buck posted earlier in this thread......

Fantastic! Especially with the cinnamon. Tasted like a real pancake, had great texture. The wife and kids had some too, and they loved it as well. So now we can make pancakes together and not have to do separate batches.

Breakfast is now becoming set for me:

MWF--Bacon and Low Carb Pancakes
T/TH--Omlet with Bacon, maybe Sausage.

Need to come up with better meal planning so I do get off tract, will be working on that this weekend and stocking up from the store.

Don't expect a great weigh in on Feb 1st, as I have had a bad week prior to today, but nothing to do but get back on the horse and try again.

Thanks Ultra Peanut for asking your friend about the pizza recipe too!

Kyle DeLexus
01-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Tried the cream cheese pancake recipe Buck posted earlier in this thread......

Fantastic! Especially with the cinnamon. Tasted like a real pancake, had great texture. The wife and kids had some too, and they loved it as well. So now we can make pancakes together and not have to do separate batches.

Breakfast is now becoming set for me:

MWF--Bacon and Low Carb Pancakes
T/TH--Omlet with Bacon, maybe Sausage.

Need to come up with better meal planning so I do get off tract, will be working on that this weekend and stocking up from the store.

Don't expect a great weigh in on Feb 1st, as I have had a bad week prior to today, but nothing to do but get back on the horse and try again.

Thanks Ultra Peanut for asking your friend about the pizza recipe too!

I must have missed that recipe, could you tell me where it is in the thread or just post it again?

mnchiefsguy
01-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I must have missed that recipe, could you tell me where it is in the thread or just post it again?

It is aways back in the thread. Here is a link to the blog post with the recipe:

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

Enjoy!

Kyle DeLexus
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
It is aways back in the thread. Here is a link to the blog post with the recipe:

Enjoy!

I looked around her blog a little more and she uses those cream cheese pancakes to make a couple other things as well. This dessert looks delicious.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/zero-net-carb-caramel-machiatto.html

Buck
01-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Low Carb is absolutely healthy for the long term. You need a new Personal Trainer.

luv
01-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Low Carb is absolutely healthy for the long term. You need a new Personal Trainer.

Maybe you just need to get off my back. I'm losing weight. You're acting just like Clay, and I don't know why. I never thought of you as a prick.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 04:21 PM
You're acting just like Clay, and I don't know why.

Because he's right, and you insist on talking crap where proven weight-loss methods are concerned.

Buck
01-28-2012, 04:39 PM
How is me telling you that your personal trainer giving you bad information being a prick?

Predarat
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
My personal trainer just read this thread and says you are all full of shit. Every single on of you. Now I do not believe it, someone has to be right.

lewdog
01-28-2012, 04:57 PM
My personal trainer just read this thread and says you are all full of shit. Every single on of you. Now I do not believe it, someone has to be right.

Well it is about finding a calorie deficit and not much more. You can argue how you do that everyday and everyone will have their own answer.

Include moderate amounts of protein but you can manipulate the carbs/fat as you see fit. Some do low carbs and are fine, some do low fat and are fine.

Find a calorie deficit by diet manipulation and exercise. It is a lot more simple that people make it but people are generally just too lazy to change their eating habits for the long term so they lose some weight then gain it back.

Buck
01-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Low Carb is not unhealthy for you. Regardless of weight loss. It is very healthy to do.

That's all I'm getting at here.

lewdog
01-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Low Carb is not unhealthy for you. Regardless of weight loss. It is very healthy to do.

That's all I'm getting at here.

Yup I agree with this too and how I do it when I am trying to cut some weight. I feel so much better with little carbs throughout the day and studies have shown that it is definitely healthy for you. No carbs is not but low carb is, that is where much of the confusion comes from.

How many carbs are you getting Buck?

But I am trying to gain some weight right now so I am eating a lot differently :D

Buck
01-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Yup I agree with this too and how I do it when I am trying to cut some weight. I feel so much better with little carbs throughout the day and studies have shown that it is definitely healthy for you. No carbs is not but low carb is, that is where much of the confusion comes from.

How many carbs are you getting Buck?

But I am trying to gain some weight right now so I am eating a lot differently :D

Well that's wrong too. No carbs is fine (as long as you get a little fiber now and then).

I am under 20 carbs a day and some days I have 0.

lewdog
01-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Well that's wrong too. No carbs is fine (as long as you get a little fiber now and then).

I am under 20 carbs a day and some days I have 0.

Sorry I mean no carbs for a long period of time is pretty unrealistic for most people as they can't sustain eating that way forever and gain a lot of weight back when they start eating differently again. I didn't mean it wasn't healthy as studies have shown that it is. I think that most people would see a significant change in their bodies with only having about 50-75 g of carbs a day for an adequate maintenance diet once they have lost the weight.

luv
01-28-2012, 06:01 PM
How is me telling you that your personal trainer giving you bad information being a prick?

Are you a trained and certified professional? Have you even talked to your doctor about this? Research is great, but anything can be taken out of context. You talk about bacon and deep frying cheese. What good is losing weight if you die of a heart attack when you're 40?

Obviously we disagree, but yet you keep telling me that I'm doing things wrong because I'm not doing it your way. Clay lost weight, and now he thinks he's some sort of health and fitness guru. Has he gone to school for any of this? Is he a trained professional? Has he (or you) looked at overall health vs. losing weight?

luv
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm placing this thread on ignore. I have a support system here. I'm losing weight. I'm eating healthy and doing things that will change my life for the better, and will last.

Ultra Peanut
01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
This "low carb is the light" shit is really grating, and I'm saying that as someone who's extremely grateful I pursued a low-carb diet in the past. You didn't just convert to a new religion, so please stop acting like it.

Buck
01-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you a trained and certified professional? Have you even talked to your doctor about this? Research is great, but anything can be taken out of context. You talk about bacon and deep frying cheese. What good is losing weight if you die of a heart attack when you're 40?

Obviously we disagree, but yet you keep telling me that I'm doing things wrong because I'm not doing it your way. Clay lost weight, and now he thinks he's some sort of health and fitness guru. Has he gone to school for any of this? Is he a trained professional? Has he (or you) looked at overall health vs. losing weight?

I've already posted in this thread that both my cholesterol and blood pressure ha e returned to normal levels and that my doc gave it the thumbs up.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm placing this thread on ignore. I have a support system here. I'm losing weight. I'm eating healthy and doing things that will change my life for the better, and will last.

Waaaah. You started shit and now you can't handle it.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 07:42 PM
You talk about bacon and deep frying cheese. What good is losing weight if you die of a heart attack when you're 40?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

You are completely out of your element here. I've watched two different documentaries on the keto lifestyle, read hundreds of posts on boards dedicated to it, and twice lost pounds at an amazing rate due to it's effects.

I'm no expert, but it's proven. The science is there.

It's completely healthy, and you don't eat bacon and cheese at every meal, either. Keep trying to ice skate uphill.

Shogun
01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

You are completely out of your element here. I've watched two different documentaries on the keto lifestyle, read hundreds of posts on boards dedicated to it, and twice lost pounds at an amazing rate due to it's effects.

It's completely healthy, and you don't eat bacon and cheese at every meal, either. Keep trying to ice skate uphill.

Keto is a bitch, hard for me to push through

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Damn, you know what else is super low carb? Egg drop soup.

Best diet ever.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

People would probably take you more seriously if you weren't a complete prick every time you hit the Submit button.

There are literally dozens of ways to lose weight. I've been on Weight Watchers for the last 3 weeks and have dropped weight each week. Not huge amounts, but I'm eating healthier and I'm feeling good about my lifestyle change.

I'm sure you and Buck's no-carb diet works great for you and many others. The intent of this thread is for a bunch of people with the same goals to exchange ideas and support for each other. Not to belittle because they're not doing it "your way".

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 08:12 PM
The intent of this thread is for a bunch of people with the same goals to exchange ideas and support for each other. Not to belittle because they're not doing it "your way".

You'll notice no one was actually doing that. Luv started talking shit on our diet, so we had to beat her down.

Luv was being very unsupportive.

Buck
01-28-2012, 08:20 PM
People would probably take you more seriously if you weren't a complete prick every time you hit the Submit button.

There are literally dozens of ways to lose weight. I've been on Weight Watchers for the last 3 weeks and have dropped weight each week. Not huge amounts, but I'm eating healthier and I'm feeling good about my lifestyle change.

I'm sure you and Buck's no-carb diet works great for you and many others. The intent of this thread is for a bunch of people with the same goals to exchange ideas and support for each other. Not to belittle because they're not doing it "your way".

Luv tells me I'm going to die of a heart attack every time I post about my diet. This all started when I politely recommended that she try it and then she shot back saying it was unhealthy.

Over many posts I've supported Luv in her current diet and I hope she does well. We aren't attacking her, she's attacking our diet.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Luv tells me I'm going to die of a heart attack every time I post about my diet. This all started when I politely recommended that she try it and then she shot back saying it was unhealthy.

Over many posts I've supported Luv in her current diet and I hope she does well. We aren't attacking her, she's attacking our diet.

Jesus, I swear you and Clay are a couple of women. "Ohhhh, they're attacking my diet".

Luv politely said that she wasn't interested in that diet, that she had a plan for an overall lifestyle change. You guys kept on pushing it. She quoted trained professionals as the basis for her opinion that the no carb was not the healthiest diet. After a few of those exchanges, that's when Clay started doing what he does best, being a prick.

You, yourself have not been annoying as him.

Buck
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Jesus, I swear you and Clay are a couple of women. "Ohhhh, they're attacking my diet".

Luv politely said that she wasn't interested in that diet, that she had a plan for an overall lifestyle change. You guys kept on pushing it. She quoted trained professionals as the basis for her opinion that the no carb was not the healthiest diet. After a few of those exchanges, that's when Clay started doing what he does best, being a prick.

You, yourself have not been annoying as him.

I've quoted trained professionals in the thread too.

Sorry, didn't mean to get in any kind of pissing match. I'm just mad that she insists my diet is unhealthy and that I'm going to die of a heart attack at the age of 40.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I've quoted trained professionals in the thread too.

Sorry, didn't mean to get in any kind of pissing match. I'm just mad that she insists my diet is unhealthy and that I'm going to die of a heart attack at the age of 40.

I have more of a problem with you and Clay telling her outright that she needs a new personal trainer because they don't agree with your chosen method of losing weight.

Not very supportive, IMO. And then Clay has to go complete asshole in the process.

Brock
01-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Clay's never been anything but an asshole. Ever.

lewdog
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
I have more of a problem with you and Clay telling her outright that she needs a new personal trainer because they don't agree with your chosen method of losing weight.

Not very supportive, IMO. And then Clay has to go complete asshole in the process.

Well I am a trained professional and certified personal trainer and any good trainer will read the current research and know that the no carb diet has NOT proven to be dangerous to your health. It has been proven in numerous studies to decrease blood pressure and fasting blood glucose levels.

That being said, it isn't for everyone. Hopefully her trainer knows the benefits of the no carb diet (doesn't just bash it) but realizes that there are plenty of other options for individuals who do not want to eat like that and is why she did not recommend it to luv. Over my years of training there are only a handful of clients I would have recommended the no carb diet thing to just because I think it is hard to stick to for many people.

It is simple, get in a calorie deficit to lose weight. However, you chose to do that is fine.

01-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Clay's never been anything but an asshole. Ever.

Yeah, but now hes a skinny asshole picking on people trying to lose weight in a support thread. I think I liked him better as a fat ass.

Brock
01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah, but now hes a skinny asshole picking on people trying to lose weight in a support thread. I think I liked him better as a fat ass.

He's still a scared, insecure fatass on the inside.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 09:12 PM
He's still a scared, insecure fatass on the inside.

This

Ultra Peanut
01-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey, we scared-insecure-fatasses-on-the-inside aren't all bad. :deevee:

Brock
01-28-2012, 09:22 PM
errybody loves up.

Bearcat
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM

I LOL'd... 3 pages of you & Clay talking down to her like you know what's best for her, yet she pretty much owned you in actual research and facts.

The real secret --> Calories in < calories out ...that'll be $250.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 10:31 PM

I didn't say that.

Nobody needs a personal trainer to lose weight, though. It's a crutch.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
I didn't say that.

YOU didn't need a personal trainer. Who in the **** are you to say what Luv or anyone else needs to motive them to lose weight.

You are such a ****ing tool. Please go to TexansPlanet forever and spend the rest of your days dropping N bombs and fantasizing about rape.

Demonpenz
01-28-2012, 11:07 PM
some people need help feeding and excersizing. It is just a fact. Me by myself had always been fat until I added whatever I could to support e better life for myself.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't appreciate your insults, Dartgod.

Seek anger therapy.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 11:09 PM
I don't appreciate your insults, Dartgod.

Seek anger therapy.

Seek a gallon of antifreeze and chug it.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
It's loaded with carbs, no thanks.

Dartgod
01-28-2012, 11:14 PM
It's loaded with carbs, no thanks.

Ok, that was funny.

You're still a shitstain on society, however.

Archie F. Swin
01-28-2012, 11:29 PM
452 posts, 400 of which have urine all over them.

its like living with daschunds

The Franchise
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
:facepalm:

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2012, 12:07 AM
errybody loves up.DARN TOOTIN'

Buck
01-29-2012, 12:52 AM
I LOL'd... 3 pages of you & Clay talking down to her like you know what's best for her, yet she pretty much owned you in actual research and facts.

The real secret --> Calories in < calories out ...that'll be $250.

You're wrong actually. Do the research yourself and then tell me she owned me.

Again, I've wished her luck multiple times in the thread. It was only after I recommended it to her and she said it wasn't healthy that I got mad.

Dartgod
01-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Down another 3.5 lbs this week.

Buck
01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
At 273.4 this morning.

Down 21.6 pounds so far in January.

I've only had 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes this month too.

zonachief
01-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Four weeks down in the new year. Seven pounds down to 207. 37 lbs to goal!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Fritz88
01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Paid professionals don't know much about keto diets. In fact, the way to know a good nutrition professional from a typical one is to test them on keto.

It is proven that it's healthy long term and good for pretty much anyone. The quesion is can you stick to it?

Not trying to shit on anyone's method but just wanted to comment on the "professionals know thier stuff bit".
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
01-29-2012, 12:31 PM
At 273.4 this morning.

Down 21.6 pounds so far in January.

I've only had 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes this month too.

If you're doing the no-carb thing, all I'm saying is that you need to research fats as well. Here's a good article from http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/fat3.htm. It does a good job explaining, in general, how fats work. I'm not arguing about no-carb diets being unhealthy, I'm talking about the fats you choose to substitute the calorie deficit with being unhealthy. It's great that you're doing well losing weight. Please just consider other areas of your health as well. That's what I've been trying to say.

As for my personal trainer, she doesn't like the no-carb diet for this reason: People do it to lose weight, but they neglect their overall health by not paying enough attention to what else they're eating.

I know I said I was going to ignore this thread, but 1. I figured you and Clay would be dogging me, and 2. I'm concerned for your overall well-being. Please just know what else you're putting in your body, and not just what you're not putting in your body. That's all.

Fat and Health

Most of the nutrition science you hear about right now points to mono-unsaturated fats as the good fats. Olive oil and canola oil are both mono-unsaturated. Mono-unsaturated fats are thought to lower cholesterol.

In general, the fats to steer clear of are the saturated fats. Saturated fats are bad because they clog your arteries. Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (which are artificially saturated fats) are now considered totally evil, both because of the saturation and a side-effect of hydrogenation called trans fatty acids.

Fatty acids that have double bonds come in two forms: trans and cis. "Trans" and "cis" refer to the direction of folding that occurs at the carbon double bonds in unsaturated fatty acids. Cis fatty acids are the normal, natural directions for the folds. A trans fatty acid is chemically identical to the cis form, but folds in an unnatural direction. The trans fatty acids are created by heat (as in deep frying) and by hydrogenation.

It turns out that in the body, the enzymes that deal with fat are unable to deal with the trans fatty acids (see How Cells Work for details on enzymes). Therefore, the enzymes get tied up trying to work on the trans fatty acids, and this can lead to problems with the processing of essential fatty acids.
Essential fatty acids are not bad for you the way trans fatty acids are. They're actually essential to good health.

Buck
01-29-2012, 12:38 PM
You just used How Stuff Works .com to prove your point.

By the way, there was not one mention of insulin in that article.

luv
01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
You just used How Stuff Works .com to prove your point.

By the way, there was not one mention of insulin in that article.

I give up. Good luck to you.

Buck
01-29-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm done too, I won't advocate low carb to you anymore in this thread.

I know Trans Fats are bad, but everything else about that article is hogwash.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 12:41 PM
If you're doing the no-carb thing, all I'm saying is that you need to research fats as well. Here's a good article from http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/fat3.htm. It does a good job explaining, in general, how fats work.

This article is wrong, unfortunately.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Someone link this article for luv. It's far more insightful.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/saturated-fat-healthy/#axzz1ksG5Ch5t

Buck
01-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Someone link this article for luv. It's far more insightful.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/saturated-fat-healthy/#axzz1ksG5Ch5t

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 01:42 PM
What a giant clusterfuck this thread turned into. Not at all in the spirit of how it started, or it's purpose. I haven't done dick, and I'm just getting fatter. So you're all one up on me. I'm going to weigh today, and get back in the gym. We'll see if I can last longer than a few days. 1 decision at a time. That's the real recipe for success.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 01:43 PM
What a giant clusterfuck this thread turned into. Not at all in the spirit of how it started, or it's purpose. I haven't done dick, and I'm just getting fatter. So you're all one up on me. I'm going to weigh today, and get back in the gym. We'll see if I can last longer than a few days. 1 decision at a time. That's the real recipe for success.

Just think of my disapproving face next time you're tempted by food.

Buck
01-29-2012, 01:53 PM

Yeah, I'm done arguing with Luv, mainly because I told her I was done, but also because she put me on ignore because I got mad at her when she told me my diet was going to kill me.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Just think of my disapproving face next time you're tempted by food.

I CAN SEE IT!

Buck
01-29-2012, 01:54 PM
And wtf, Flop? I told your ass to get in here 3 weeks ago. You've put on weight?

Dude, come on! You were the super star last year, I know you can do it again!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 01:56 PM
And wtf, Flop? I told your ass to get in here 3 weeks ago. You've put on weight?

Dude, come on! You were the super star last year, I know you can do it again!

Not last year. I gained a hundo last year. You know what my February goal is? 50 pounds. Laugh. I'm taking pictures. Low carb and mad work outs.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 01:58 PM
What do you weigh, Floppy?

You moved to Branson I guess? I was thinking you and luv should be workout buds.

Buck
01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Not last year. I gained a hundo last year. You know what my February goal is? 50 pounds. Laugh. I'm taking pictures. Low carb and mad work outs.

Damn dude. Good luck this year.

Do you still have my number? Call me if you want to talk about shit. I've learned that what I'm doing is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
What do you weigh, Floppy?

You moved to Branson I guess? I was thinking you and luv should be workout buds.

I don't know, I'm too fat for my scale. I'm guessing 375. I'll bet 75 of it is whiskey. I'm a borderline drunk. Time to wake up.

L.A. Chieffan
01-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Beer and tacos and nachos and beer!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Damn dude. Good luck this year.

Do you still have my number? Call me if you want to talk about shit. I've learned that what I'm doing is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I do. Thanks, I want to talk to you more about low carb.

L.A. Chieffan
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't know, I'm too fat for my scale. I'm guessing 375. I'll bet 75 of it is whiskey. I'm a borderline drunk. Time to wake up.

Makers and diet is my happy juice

Buck
01-29-2012, 02:04 PM
I do. Thanks, I want to talk to you more about low carb.

Any time, I wake up around 5-6 am and go to sleep around 8-9 pm (west coast time)

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Yeah, you need to cut the boozing. That's an order.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Makers and diet is my happy juice

love Makers. I shoot it and Chase it with diet though. Gonna have to lay off it for awhile.

L.A. Chieffan
01-29-2012, 02:06 PM

There's no carbs in hard alc

Buck
01-29-2012, 02:06 PM
There's no carbs in hard alc

Thats right, but it dehydrates you and slows down weight loss.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 02:07 PM

if I don't, I'm a diabetic dead man walking.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I lost 180lbs smoking pot every day. I have NO self control when drinking. I'll eat anything I want while drunk.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 02:08 PM
if I don't, I'm a diabetic dead man walking.

I'm genuinely concerned for you at this point. This yo-yo stuff is not good.

I'll be in Springfield later this year. Maybe we can do a light lunch.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm genuinely concerned for you at this point. This yo-yo stuff is not good.

I'll be in Springfield later this year. Maybe we can do a light lunch.

this is by far as bad as it's gotten. I have up yo'd but not like this. 330 was my old record high.

Bwana
01-29-2012, 02:15 PM
I didn't say that.

That depends a lot on if someone knows what they are doing in the weight room, or not. If a person uses improper technique, it's going to take longer to get results. I think there is a great advantage to starting out with a trainer and learning how to do things, then a person can step away and do it on their own.

I know when I worked out hard core 6 days a week, a trainer was fantastic. The guy knew his stuff and helped with proper technique. I was amazed at what I didn't know, even after lifting on my own for years. The best part, it didn't cost me a dime. He trained me for free on weights and I trained him for free and taught him self defense.

01-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I just shit out Shaq's head. I lost about 5 lb's in one bowel movement (FLEXES) and it was a five star bowel movement.

You people need to shit more :)

01-29-2012, 03:08 PM
What about drinking water? it makes you feel full and filters all of that shit out of you.

Bearcat
01-29-2012, 03:19 PM
That depends a lot on if someone knows what they are doing in the weight room, or not. If a person uses improper technique, it's going to take longer to get results. I think there is a great advantage to starting out with a trainer and learning how to do things, then a person can step away and do it on their own.

I know when I worked out hard core 6 days a week, a trainer was fantastic. The guy knew his stuff and helped with proper technique. I was amazed at what I didn't know, even after lifting on my own for years. The best part, it didn't cost me a dime. He trained me for free on weights and I trained him for free and taught him self defense.

When I started lifting & making changes to my diet, I researched online quite a bit, but I'd end up reading one article that made one point, Googling that and finding 5 different opinions on that one thing, moving onto something else just to do the same.... so, call it a crutch or structure or whatever, it's good to have a plan, whether it's a set of workout videos, a personal trainer, etc.

I bounce ideas and thoughts off experts in subjects I know a lot about (or at least pretend to), so doing the same with something like fitness is a no brainer.

Kyle DeLexus
01-29-2012, 04:06 PM

Enjoy!

Tried these out with low fat cream cheese today just to test them out. Very good, taste a lot like breadless French Toast, which is a good thing since french toast is a favorite of mine.

Buck
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Tried these out with low fat cream cheese today just to test them out. Very good, taste a lot like breadless French Toast, which is a good thing since french toast is a favorite of mine.

Yup, I think they are more like French Toast too. So good.

Try topping them with a little cream cheese next time too. So good!

Kyle DeLexus
01-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Yup, I think they are more like French Toast too. So good.

Try topping them with a little cream cheese next time too. So good!

Do you use any sugar free syrup or anything, or do you count sugar alcohols as carbs?

Buck
01-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Do you use any sugar free syrup or anything, or do you count sugar alcohols as carbs?

Sugar Alcohols aren't technically counted towards your net carbs, but certain ones can cause a spike in your insulin, and the insulin will grab the fat you're eating and store it, slowing weight loss.

I bought some sugar free syrup just for these things, but I haven't eaten it because I'm afraid of what it might do.

Kyle DeLexus
01-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Sugar Alcohols aren't technically counted towards your net carbs, but certain ones can cause a spike in your insulin, and the insulin will grab the fat you're eating and store it, slowing weight loss.

I bought some sugar free syrup just for these things, but I haven't eaten it because I'm afraid of what it might do.

Yeah, back when I did the keto thing before, I believe I read on bb.com that the walden farms syrup was fine. I'm not sure if I remember right or not though.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 04:36 PM
You only need a little syrup...you should be fine as long as you don't drench them in it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 04:37 PM
What can I drink besides water? Fuck unsweetened tea.

Buck
01-29-2012, 04:39 PM
What can I drink besides water? Fuck unsweetened tea.

Water, Tea, Coffee, Unsweetened Almond Milk

You can have a couple glasses of Crystal Light a day, but don't drink too much. Citric Acid has been known to slow weight loss in some people.

You can have an occasional diet coke, but that's not really recommended.

Buck
01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Or you can just make your tea and sweeten it with Stevia.

Also Heavy Cream is okay if you like cream in your tea or coffee.