PDA

View Full Version : Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
What can I drink besides water? Fuck unsweetened tea.

At your weight, I don't think drinking diet soda is going to hurt you, unless it makes your appetite go up. It does for some people.

You could drink things like crystal light, but I think it might have the same effect as diet soda.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Or you can just make your tea and sweeten it with Stevia.

Also Heavy Cream is okay if you like cream in your tea or coffee.

Heh heh. I made 0 carb ice cream using heavy cream about a year ago. That was fun...tasted pretty good, too.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Water, Tea, Coffee, Unsweetened Almond Milk

You can have a couple glasses of Crystal Light a day, but don't drink too much. Citric Acid has been known to slow weight loss in some people.

You can have an occasional diet coke, but that's not really recommended.

oh well. Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
At your weight, I don't think drinking diet soda is going to hurt you, unless it makes your appetite go up. It does for some people.

You could drink things like crystal light, but I think it might have the same effect as diet soda.

come on. You know damn well I can control my appetite.

Buck
01-29-2012, 04:43 PM
oh well. Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8s_TUYVW8

Buck
01-29-2012, 04:51 PM
And do any of you have My Fitness Pal?

It's almost like facebook or something for weight loss.

Here is mine.

www.myfitnesspal.com/BuckinKaeding

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
And do any of you have My Fitness Pal?

It's almost like facebook or something for weight loss.

Here is mine.

www.myfitnesspal.com/BuckinKaeding

Hmm. I was thinking about writing a blog. I'll check that out later.

mnchiefsguy
01-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Do you use any sugar free syrup or anything, or do you count sugar alcohols as carbs?

I used the Walden Farms pancake syrup. It is sugar and calorie free, and has no carbs. It uses no sugar alcohols. It is a little thin, but tasted great, especially after heating the syrup up in the microwave.

mnchiefsguy
01-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, back when I did the keto thing before, I believe I read on bb.com that the walden farms syrup was fine. I'm not sure if I remember right or not though.

Yeah, I don't know how they do it, but the Walden Farms stuff are all carb and calorie free, and don't have the sugar alcohols.

The sugar alcohols are not supposed to count against you as carbs, but that topic is heavily debatable among low carbers.

Kyle DeLexus
01-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I don't know how they do it, but the Walden Farms stuff are all carb and calorie free, and don't have the sugar alcohols.

The sugar alcohols are not supposed to count against you as carbs, but that topic is heavily debatable among low carbers.

Thanks! I'm going shopping for some low carb items today and I'll add that to the list. I'm pretty sure they have it at Price Chopper.

Buck
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I need to look for that Walden Farms stuff.

mnchiefsguy
01-29-2012, 05:18 PM

Not sure what grocery stores you have out there in San Diego...but here is the main Walden Foods site, and it has a store locator on it:

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

Kyle DeLexus
01-30-2012, 01:12 AM
Walden Farms Pancake syrup is a winner compared to the shitty sugar free syrup I had been using. The BBQ sauce blows, but will do if desperate.

What's the deal with vegetables on keto? Do you count them or not? When I googled it, some people say green vegetables are ok, and others say they count all of them.

Buck
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM
Walden Farms Pancake syrup is a winner compared to the shitty sugar free syrup I had been using. The BBQ sauce blows, but will do if desperate.

What's the deal with vegetables on keto? Do you count them or not? When I googled it, some people say green vegetables are ok, and others say they count all of them.

Find fiber count and subtract from carbs.

Or you can check this.

If you go on Reddit, check out r/keto.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ah8MbmZepQxWdGo4bnB2QmxxMUlmTzZUTXYzMURRLWc#gid=0

Ultra Peanut
01-30-2012, 01:26 AM
I found Cary's Sugar Free syrup in grocery stores after moving to Massachusetts, and it's really great in oatmeal and on waffles. So much better than any other (slightly weird-tasting at best) sugar-free syrups I've had; 30 kcal + 11g of sugar alcohol per 1/4 cup* apparently, so if that's within whatever guidelines you have for yourself it gets my Not-Weird-Tasting™ seal of approval!

*Measuring cups + food scale = peace of mind!

What's the deal with vegetables on keto? Do you count them or not? When I googled it, some people say green vegetables are ok, and others say they count all of them.The rabidly anti-veggie thing creeps me the fuck out, especially since I ate veggies daily when I lost 80 pounds in like five months (yay ketosis!). The bizarrely proud-of-being-contrary stuff turns me off a lot of low-carb discussions, tbqh. RABBIT FOOD GRGLRHRRLHRHGH I AM LITERALLY EIGHT YEARS OLD

Buck
01-30-2012, 01:32 AM
I try to fit in veggies, but they aren't my top priority. I have about 4 servings a week at least though.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Just don't eat potatoes. Pound for pound they spike your insulin worse than just about anything.

Hammock Parties
01-30-2012, 01:39 AM
Two Net Carb Vegetables

Arugula (Arugula Recipes)
Asparagus (Asparagus Recipes)
Chard (Chard Recipes)
Chayote (Chayote Recipes)
Eggplant (Eggplant Recipes)
Hearts of Palm (Hearts of Palm Recipes)
Jicama (Jicama Recipes)
Lettuce (Lettuce Recipes)
Radishes (Radish Recipes)
Spinach (Spinach Recipes)

Three Net Carb Vegetables

Bell Peppers, Green (Bell Pepper Recipes)
Cabbage, Green & Savoy (Cabbage Recipes)
Cauliflower (Cauliflower Recipes)
Cucumber (Cucumber Recipes)
Daikon (Daikon Recipes)
Kohlrabi (Kohlrabi Recipes)
Mushrooms, Button (Mushroom Recipes)
Pumpkin Puree (1 cup) (Pumpkin Recipes)
Rhubarb (Rhubarb Recipes)
Summer Squash (Summer Squash Recipes)
Zucchini (Zucchini Recipes)

Four Net Carb Vegetables
Avocado, California (1 cup) (Avocado Recipes)
Fennel (Fennel Recipes)
Green Beans (Green Bean Recipes)
Mushrooms, Crimini & Oyster (Mushroom Recipes)
Okra (Okra Recipes)
Radicchio (Radicchio Recipes)
Tomatoes (Tomato Recipes)

Five Net Carb Vegetables

Avocado, Florida (1 cup) (Avocado Recipes)
Bell Peppers, Red (Bell Pepper Recipes)
Broccoli (Broccoli Recipes)
Edamame (1/2 cup) (Edamame Recipes)
Mushrooms, Enoki (Mushroom Recipes)
Tomatillo (Tomatillo Recipes)
Turnips (Turnip Recipes)

Phobia
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm gonna start participating here. Don't need in on the competition but I'm planning to drop 25 lbs in February and March. I perform better athletically lighter and I don't have a lot of years of competitive softball remaining. I have to drop some weight to be able to get around better.

Nzoner
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Just got back from my little workout room,first day of 2012 back on the treadmill.Got a 2 mile walk in.

Archie F. Swin
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Tough weekend. Dues to circumstances beyond my control I found myself at IHOP once and Denny's twice. I also had a birthday cake encounter. Temptations are a muhfuker.

Nzoner
01-30-2012, 08:09 AM

Just a head's up but I was on Amazon yesterday and in their grocery section they have low carb foods.

L.A. Chieffan
01-30-2012, 10:53 AM
For those on the keto diet, are you guys carbing up on the weekends?

Buck
01-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Just a head's up but I was on Amazon yesterday and in their grocery section they have low carb foods.
Sweet, I'll check it out.
For those on the keto diet, are you guys carbing up on the weekends?
No.

I haven't had a single cheat day yet and the most net carbs I've had in a day so far is probably about 15. I've been at this for 30 days now.

Down to 272.8 (down 22.2 pounds).

L.A. Chieffan
01-30-2012, 11:10 AM
No.

I haven't had a single cheat day yet and the most net carbs I've had in a day so far is probably about 15. I've been at this for 30 days now.

Down to 272.8 (down 22.2 pounds).

From what i'm reading you're supposed to have a cheat day once a week to avoid burning off muscle. Are you working out at all?

Buck
01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
From what i'm reading you're supposed to have a cheat day once a week to avoid burning off muscle. Are you working out at all?

That's absolutely untrue. There is a diet called the Targeted Ketogenic Diet that says you should carb up just before workouts.

I am not. I am stronger than I was 30 days ago. I can do 10 times the amount of pushups I could do on day 1.

L.A. Chieffan
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
1 to 10?

Dartgod
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
1 to 10?

LMAO

Buck
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
1 to 10?

:evil:

Hammock Parties
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Just bought some pork rinds. :evil:

Archie F. Swin
01-30-2012, 10:15 PM
So, I've been trying to to eat fruit and veg daily. I've been averaging 2 bananas and 2 pears daily (my fav fruits). What's everyone's opinion on bananas? Too many carbs?

Dartgod
01-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Just bought some pork rinds. :evil:

We had pork rind (spicy) coated tilapia for dinner tonight. Yummy!

Buck
01-30-2012, 11:08 PM
So, I've been trying to to eat fruit and veg daily. I've been averaging 2 bananas and 2 pears daily (my fav fruits). What's everyone's opinion on bananas? Too many carbs?

Depends on what diet you're doing. If you're trying for low carb, then you are eating way too much sugar.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
We had pork rind (spicy) coated tilapia for dinner tonight. Yummy!

What's the recipe? I tried frying chicken in pork rind batter (egg yolk, rinds) but it was questionable.

kc rush
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm in this year. 6'2" and 272. I'm sure I'm at 98% body fat, so I need to get in better shape as well as lose the weight. The ultimate goal is to get to around 190.

Down to 260. Not too bad considering I haven't started an exercise program. This was all from doing a better job with what I eat.

No big secrets, just keeping a balanced diet, reducing calorie intake, cutting sweet carbs and replacing those with fruit. Less fried foods.

Dartgod
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
What's the recipe? I tried frying chicken in pork rind batter (egg yolk, rinds) but it was questionable.

It's complicated, but here goes...

Crush the pork rinds and coat the fish.

I did have a hard time getting the rinds to stick to the fish. First time I used egg whites and this last time I just dampened the fillets. I ended up just sprinkling the rinds on one side and pressed down to get them to stick and then flipped then and repeated. Baked @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

The spicy ones gave it good flavor.

Buck
01-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Down to 260. Not too bad considering I haven't started an exercise program. This was all from doing a better job with what I eat.

No big secrets, just keeping a balanced diet, reducing calorie intake, cutting sweet carbs and replacing those with fruit. Less fried foods.

Great job!

Blankey
02-01-2012, 06:50 AM
195 lbs 21% BF
previous month: 198 lbs

Dartgod
02-01-2012, 07:28 AM
254 lbs, total loss 10 lbs

Predarat
02-01-2012, 09:01 AM
I lost 180lbs smoking pot every day. I have NO self control when drinking. I'll eat anything I want while drunk.

With all the diet debate, that right there is the best of all.

Archie F. Swin
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
12/31/11 - 198lbs
2/1/12 - 184lbs (-14)

Hammock Parties
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
12/31/11 - 198lbs
2/1/12 - 184lbs (-14)

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/MichaelAnthonyHunt/more%20gifs/rnd-rudy.gif

Predarat
02-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Checking in at 251, not bad but needs to get beter.

Jan 254
Feb 251

Montly Loss: 3
Annual Loss: 3
AVG Annual Loss last year: 1

Buck
02-01-2012, 10:06 AM
1/1/12 - 295
2/1/12 - 273

Hammock Parties
02-01-2012, 10:18 AM
1/1/12 - 295
2/1/12 - 273

http://east-of-nowhere.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/star_trek_clap_clap_gif.gif

Monty
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
1/1/12-218
2/1/12-207

The crazy part is that I've only cut down on quantity of food, I haven't yet begun to exercise regularly. Maybe this month. :)

Nzoner
02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
1-9-12 223

2-1-12 211

mnchiefsguy
02-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Horrible second half of the month.... really struggling with the diet, but it is what it is.

2/1/12--274.1

Omaha
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
FYI - I did a 3 day cleanse & then started paleo. I'm down 13 lbs in 2 weeks & I don't really have a lot to lose.

I didn't read the thread so I don't know if anyone is doing paleo, but it kinda kicks ass.

Pablo
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Buck
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
FYI - I did a 3 day cleanse & then started paleo. I'm down 13 lbs in 2 weeks & I don't really have a lot to lose.

I didn't read the thread so I don't know if anyone is doing paleo, but it kinda kicks ass.

That's where you eat anything you could naturally find yourself right? Like no bread or beer and stuff like that right?

I've been doing keto. It's awesome.

PunkinDrublic
02-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm starting a two week juice type of fast the day after the super bowl. I currently can't go a couple of days without eating fast food. I'm convinced there is some kind of chemicals in the fast food that's making me crave it every time I get even a little hungry. I think this kind of detoxing will help me break that cycle.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
CAN I PLAY

1/2/12: 157.6 lbs
1/28/12: 156.2 lbs

http://i42.tinypic.com/vy8h2t.gif

(Today has been kind of depressing and I'm glad this thread is so smile-inducing. Congrats to all of you!)

Buck
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
CAN I PLAY

1/2/12: 157.6 lbs
1/28/12: 156.2 lbs

http://i42.tinypic.com/vy8h2t.gif

(Today has been kind of depressing and I'm glad this thread is so smile-inducing. Congrats to all of you!)

http://imgon.net/di-CFRG.gif

Frosty
02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm starting a two week juice type of fast the day after the super bowl. I currently can't go a couple of days without eating fast food. I'm convinced there is some kind of chemicals in the fast food that's making me crave it every time I get even a little hungry. I think this kind of detoxing will help me break that cycle.

There is a book out there called The End of Overeating by Dr. David Kessler that is a good introduction to the theory of food reward. The book is basically about how modern foods are specifically designed to stimulate the dopamine center of the brain and cause us to crave it like a drug. It's a great book that I would recommend to anyone that struggles with overeating.

There is also a blog by a UW researcher that is in the field of food reward. He has a whole series on the subject starting here (http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/04/food-reward-dominant-factor-in-obesity.html). Well worth reading the whole series, IMO.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Ronaldoface best face

Buck
02-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Ronaldoface best face

I've always wondered what exactly he is thinking about at that very moment.

whoman69
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm losing about 1/2-1 pound a week. Don't think its enough right now and may consider Weight Watchers depending upon the schedule they have.

Buck
02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm losing about 1/2-1 pound a week. Don't think its enough right now and may consider Weight Watchers depending upon the schedule they have.

Have Netflix? Watch a movie called Fat Head.

Then decide on your own whether or not you want to follow a low carb diet.

I've lost 22 lbs this month.

Hammock Parties
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM

I don't think weight watchers is designed for 188-pound males.

Unless you're 5-5 or something look into low carb.

PunkinDrublic
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
There is a book out there called The End of Overeating by Dr. David Kessler that is a good introduction to the theory of food reward. The book is basically about how modern foods are specifically designed to stimulate the dopamine center of the brain and cause us to crave it like a drug. It's a great book that I would recommend to anyone that struggles with overeating.

There is also a blog by a UW researcher that is in the field of food reward. He has a whole series on the subject starting here (http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/04/food-reward-dominant-factor-in-obesity.html). Well worth reading the whole series, IMO.

Thanks I'll definately check it out. I don't eat huge portions when I do eat out, it's the fact that I'm literally eating fast food every other day that disturbs me. I just watched that documentary "Fat , sick and nearly dead" and it really led me to believe that there is some kind of chemical that is making me crave fast food when I get the slightest bit hungry.

mnchiefsguy
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the tips, will check out the library for that book.

Frosty
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks I'll definately check it out. I don't eat huge portions when I do eat out, it's the fact that I'm literally eating fast food every other day that disturbs me. I just watched that documentary "Fat , sick and nearly dead" and it really led me to believe that there is some kind of chemical that is making me crave fast food when I get the slightest bit hungry.

The food reward theory isn't just that food tastes good, so we eat a bunch of it. It's that certain taste combinations light up the dopamine centers possibly creating an addiction. These same centers are also activated when gambling addicts are gambling, for example.

I used to have this thing with Spaghetti-O's. Every now and then, I just HAD to have some. I don't even like them and most of the time thought they were gross but then I would suddenly get cravings for it. It was weird.

Candy corn is another one. I don't particularly like them but if my wife buys some at Halloween, I can't stay out of them.

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Solution to candy corn problem: Just don't eat other foods during the month of October.

Frosty
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Solution to candy corn problem: Just don't eat other foods during the months of October through April.

FYP

Fucking candy holidays. :banghead:

jd1020
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Still 190. Didn't really get a chance to keep a routine at the gym this month with construction and colds. Gonna shoot for <180 by the end of this month and then I'll be done with the weight loss and move to maintaining and reducing BF%.

Omaha
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM
That's where you eat anything you could naturally find yourself right? Like no bread or beer and stuff like that right?

I've been doing keto. It's awesome.

No dairy, no grains, no processed foods. Lots of meat, fruits, veggies, & nuts.

I am not insane about it. I still drink beers. I've also had spaghetti once or twice during the 2 weeks.

jd1020
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
No dairy, no grains, no processed foods. Lots of meat, fruits, veggies, & nuts.

I am not insane about it. I still drink beers. I've also had spaghetti once or twice during the 2 weeks.

I'll never give up eggs and whole wheat!!!!

Frosty
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Eggs aren't dairy to Paleos.

Heh. I gave up wheat, barley and rye six years ago today. Don't even remotely miss it.

Omaha
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Eggs? Do you think eggs are made from milk?

Eggs are fine. I eat a lot of eggs.

Wheat is a different story. Do what works. Just remember, if you do what you've always done, you'll get the results that got you to where you are.

luv
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Jan 1 - 259
Feb 1 - 243

Omaha
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Eggs aren't dairy to Paleos.

Heh. I gave up wheat, barley and rye six years ago today. Don't even remotely miss it.

What inspired you to do that? Gluten? What results have you noticed?

Hammock Parties
02-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Jan 1 - 259
Feb 1 - 243

http://www.ebengregory.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bama-clap.gif

Frosty
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
What inspired you to do that? Gluten? What results have you noticed?

Gluten intolerant. As for results, the main thing is my life long upset stomach went away. So did some joint pain that had really been bothering me. I also calmed way down (much less angry). Just felt way better all around, too.

jd1020
02-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Eggs? Do you think eggs are made from milk?

Depends on ones definition of dairy.

Some people use "animal byproduct" and some use "milk."

jidar
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Sweet. We're doing a 3 month weigh loss challenge at work, $20 buy-in and $50 penalty for gaining weight, winner take all.
I weighed in on Jan 5th at 278.6 lbs, this morning I weighed 252.8lbs

I've won a couple of these in the past, but I never keep the weight off. I love food and I'm a fat ****er.

Omaha
02-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Gluten intolerant. As for results, the main thing is my life long upset stomach went away. So did some joint pain that had really been bothering me. I also calmed way down (much less angry). Just felt way better all around, too.

That's awesome. The only problem I have is that the rest of my family still wants pizza, rice, and spaghetti. I hate making 2 different things. I am just running out of ideas for things to make.

Frosty
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
That's awesome. The only problem I have is that the rest of my family still wants pizza, rice, and spaghetti. I hate making 2 different things. I am just running out of ideas for things to make.

Planning gluten-free dinners aren't a problem for us. My boys are also gluten intolerant so it's out of the house completely. My wife isn't GI but she actually feels better without it so it isn't a big loss to her. We even buy wheat and barley-free dog and cat food for our pets. It flat is not in the house.

Dinner can be a problem when I want to eat a certain way (toying with the low food reward idea right now) but it doesn't fit in with what the others want. When the boys are off to college in a couple of years, it will be much easier.

Archie F. Swin
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
It's been a human thing for a millenia to desire high calorie, flavorful food. High calorie food gives us energy and sustains us for our next kill.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Frosty
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM
It's been a human thing for a millenia to desire high calorie, flavorful food. High calorie food gives us energy and sustains us for our next kill.

In the past, we had to work for it and there wasn't that much around. Now for a few bucks, we can munch on a box of Twinkies while we watch TV.

Kyle DeLexus
02-01-2012, 05:10 PM
January 1 - 230
February 1 - 222.5
Month - 7.5
2012 - 7.5

I lost basically everything in the last two week, with the majority of that in the last week since I started low carbing. It's going to be interesting to see what I can do in an entire month.

The only real exercise I've got has been one round of golf and a couple trips to the driving range. This month I'm really going to try and get going to the gym to become a habit. I'm going to start lifting again and playing basketball after for cardio.

My goal for the next month is to break 200lbs for the first time since I was in junior high, but anything less than 210 will be a complete failure.

Dartgod
02-01-2012, 05:19 PM
In the past, we had to work for it and there wasn't that much around. Now for a few bucks, we can munch on a bag of Cheetos while we watch pr0n.

Fixed it.

luv
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I haven't done it, but I thought I'd share in case anyone needs assistance with meal planning. I've been hearing good things about this site. They have options for gluten-free, low carb, low fat, etc. I don't know about you, but sometimes I get in a rut. I know what I'm getting out of certain foods, so I tend to eat the same things most of the time. I'm considering this for 6 months, to see if I can't broaden my horizons. Still not sure though. I'm heading to my local health market sometime this weekend, so I'm going to look around there to see if they have any sort of cookbooks that might be able to help.

Anyway, this is an option...

http://e-mealz.com/meal-plans

Also, I go for my "official" weigh-in with the local contest I'm doing in the morning. I figure the sauna tonight, a good cardio workout afterwards, and a light dinner tonight. I can't weigh in until 10am, so I'm either doing a yogurt and banana for breakfast, or just waiting until after I weigh in to eat.

Kyle DeLexus
02-05-2012, 12:44 AM
I sent him a text asking about the pizza but he's been pretty busy lately so I dunno when I'll get an answer. It was more calorically dense than I was personally looking for (not a problem for most low-carbers, I'm guessing), but it was genuinely delicious to my non-dieting taste buds and I'd love to try it again sometime.

Any luck on this yet? I'm sure you haven't heard anything yet, but was thinking about making a Superbowl pizza and figured I'd ask.

Buck
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
So I accidentally just put on a pair of my brother's boxer briefs. They are a little snug, so I looked at the tag and saw Size: L.

One time I accidentally wore a pair of his boxers and they ripped!

These things are almost comfortable.

All my 2XL boxer-briefs are now loose fitting on me. I like them to be sort of snug on my legs, and they hang off my legs. Going to go buy some XL on Monday and see how they fit.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Don't bother, you're gonna need even smaller ones soon.

Buck
02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Don't bother, you're gonna need even smaller ones soon.

I'm okay with spending $20 on 8 pairs of underwear that I will need for a couple months and that will fit after.

Buck
02-08-2012, 08:35 AM
My breakfast today.

I hope I didn't piss off my neighbors in the complex I live in by waking them up to the delicious smell of steak at 5:30 in the morning.

http://i.imgur.com/J2qMO.jpg

Hammock Parties
02-08-2012, 09:00 AM
My breakfast today.

I hope I didn't piss off my neighbors in the complex I live in by waking them up to the delicious smell of steak at 5:30 in the morning.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/new_gif_collection_06.gif?w=500&h=212

PunkinDrublic
02-08-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm on day 2 of my juice fast. I'm 205lbs. Going to try for two weeks. If I feel good at the end of the two weeks I might keep going. The vegetable and fruit juices do a pretty good job of keeping me from feeling like I'm starving but it's only been a day. Everything I've read say headaches and diahrea are the worst on day 3. I do get the cravings when I'm around food but nothing I can't handle.

Monty
02-08-2012, 10:00 AM
My breakfast today.

Add some hash browns and you've got the best breakfast evah!!

I did the same thing on Sunday, smaller steak though.

luv
02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Dietary requirements for me:

100 oz of water per day (this is a toughie for me)
3-4 servings of veggies
Zero high fructose corn syrup (gotta read my labels)
Some kind of lean protein with every meal and snack
1550-1750 calories per day for now (I've been trying to keep at around 1200, so this seems so high. Going to go for the 1550.)

Fitness-wise, I did my first strength training workout last night. It looked simple on paper, but there were a few things that kicked my butt. Tonight is cardio night.

I bought a exercise/food log called fitbook yesterday. I love it. I am able to track my exercises including reps, sets, and weight. I also log my food for each day, and it has a nutrition, water, and sleep tracker for each day. It's small enough that it fits in my purse. Next to each meal and snack, there are three smiley faces (smiling, neutral, and frowning) to help me rate how I did.

Feeling good.

Oh, and tonight is my last night of class EVER! Sorry, just a little excited. :D

Buck
02-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I try to drink at least 4L a day and shoot for 6L usually.

Archie F. Swin
02-08-2012, 11:21 AM
My weight has plateaued in the last week. I think the next 5-10 pounds is going to be tougher than the first 15. Its possible that I'm developing some muscle, buts its more likely that I've been eating too much. There are so many dietary temptations during the weekend. I'm optimistic though.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Got up to 172 after a vacation in early January. Got down to 164 last week and then switched scales. I think this one is more accurate and about 2.5 pounds heavier.

163.8 this morning

whoman69
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Super Bowl did not help.

R8RFAN
02-08-2012, 02:36 PM
My breakfast today.

Damn that looks good

Buck
02-08-2012, 07:16 PM
This is my dinner right now. This is the before picture, obviously.

I'll post after pictures when I cook it.

http://i.imgur.com/cMZ0F.jpg

Dartgod
02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
What the hell is it?

Kyle DeLexus
02-08-2012, 07:41 PM
What the hell is it?

Cow intestines with a shitload of cilantro?

Buck
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
It's Chimichurri.

Here's a better before picture.

http://i.imgur.com/VvayS.jpg

After, the picture doesn't look good, but it's god damn delicious.

http://i.imgur.com/8ScUZ.jpg

R8RFAN
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
What kind of meat?

Buck
02-08-2012, 09:17 PM
What kind of meat?

Flank Steak cut into strips (pre cut at the store, like the stuff they sell for stir-fry).

It looks so white because my flash was too close to it.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Looks like pork and salsa verde.

Buck
02-08-2012, 09:22 PM
It's Chimichurri and steak.

Chimichurri consists of Parsley, Oregano, Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Garlic, Onion, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper.

Saul Good
02-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Looks like an enormous portion.

Buck
02-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Looks like an enormous portion.

In the bowl in the after picture there is about 8 oz of steak, at most.

luv
02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I did it. 100 oz of water. Only ended up with two servings of veggies, though. :(

In58men
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
How in the hell do I get my name on the list? I'm 265.

I'll win this shit.

The Franchise
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
How in the hell do I get my name on the list? I'm 265.

I'll win this shit.

Meet me in a dark alley. I need to have you suck something out of a hose.

Seriously though....I'll put you up on the list.

In58men
02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Meet me in a dark alley. I need to have you suck something out of a hose.

Seriously though....I'll put you up on the list.

Weighed this morning 262. :-)

luv
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
I think I'm getting the hang of this water thing. My goal is to drink 10 oz per hour. At that rate, I'll have my daily dose of water by 6pm.

Mama Jean's (local health and organic grocery store) deli is serving their fish tacos and tilapia slaw as part of their lunch menu. I am so there.

Tonight is my strength training. I think I'm going to go home, do that, and then go sit in the sauna and get some more reading in.

Buck
02-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Here.

http://i.imgur.com/n6QuG.jpg

This is me at or near my fattest.

http://i.imgur.com/EcPtk.jpg

Buck
02-09-2012, 11:03 AM
My problem right now is that my body can fit in an XL shirt, but my neck cant.

I wish this shirt wasn't so baggy on me, but I couldn't find any shirts with a neck small enough.

Archie F. Swin
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
My problem right now is that I need a maid.

FYP

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Mama Jean's (local health and organic grocery store) deli is serving their fish tacos and tilapia slaw as part of their lunch menu. I am so there.

Uh, watch that shit. Calories you can't count are dangerous.

Dartgod
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Uh, watch that shit. Calories you can't count are dangerous.

Explain "calories you can't count".

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 12:39 PM

I've never seen nutritional information for Mama Jean's menu.

Dartgod
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
I've never seen nutritional information for Mama Jean's menu.

Gotcha. Wasn't sure what you meant by that.

luv
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM

What he doesn't realize is that they have signs on everything that tell you what's in it, and that I'm perfectly able to look up calorie counts on my own. That's the purpose for knowing what I'm eating. I also got a cup of curry chicken salad. Curry is good for my metabolism. Tell him not to worry, while I'm not posting pictures on here until I'm done, I'm doing just fine without him telling me what to do or putting me down.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
So you're actually going to go and look up calorie counts for each individual item in each taco? Yeah right. Just stop eating out. No one loses weight eating out.

Dartgod
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
So you're actually going to go and look up calorie counts for each individual item in each taco? Yeah right. Just stop eating out. No one loses weight eating out.

Shut the fuck up, Draven.

You aren't the end-all of dieting knowledge.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Shut the fuck up, Draven.

Yeah, but luv is falling back into bad habits by eating out. Somehow she's convinced herself that anything at Mama Jean's is acceptable.

Brock
02-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Nobody should ever pay any attention to anything Wendler says. He's a complete failure at life in every way imaginable.

luv
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Shut the **** up, Draven.

Don't waste your effort. According to him, I can do nothing right, which is why I have him on ignore. Makes my time in this thread, and on the board in general, a little more bearable. I'm losing weight and having fun. I couldn't give two shits what he has to say about it.

Dartgod
02-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Don't waste your effort. According to him, I can do nothing right, which is why I have him on ignore. Makes my time in this thread, and on the board in general, a little more bearable. I'm losing weight and having fun. I couldn't give two shits what he has to say about it.

Good for you! :thumb:

Buck
02-09-2012, 01:25 PM
I think I'm getting the hang of this water thing. My goal is to drink 10 oz per hour. At that rate, I'll have my daily dose of water by 6pm.

Tonight is my strength training. I think I'm going to go home, do that, and then go sit in the sauna and get some more reading in.

Do you have me on ignore? Those fish tacos sound good. Do you know what kind of fish it is and is it fried?

Dartgod
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Do you have me on ignore? Those fish tacos sound good. Do you know what kind of fish it is and is it fried?

In case she does.

keg in kc
02-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I've never quite grasped the concept of a fish taco.

Buck
02-09-2012, 01:32 PM
I've never quite grasped the concept of a fish taco.

The fish is usually fried and tasteless. They put some kind of mexican cole slaw in there and it tastes good. The fish is for texture usually.

I doubt they are very healthy, especially when fried, but whatever.

keg in kc
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I fall into the category of people who thinks it's okay to occasionally eat something just because you like it. Makes you feel good and, for me at least, helps avoid craving and binges. I think moderation is fine, it's when you eat out all the time that problems arise, speaking from personal experience.

Buck
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
I fall into the category of people who thinks it's okay to occasionally eat something just because you like it. Makes you feel good and, for me at least, helps avoid craving and binges. I think moderation is fine, it's when you eat out all the time that problems arise, speaking from personal experience.

Yeah, if you can still lose weight and enjoy some stuff that isn't typically okay, then go for it.

I'll stick to my bacon and steak though.

luv
02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
The fish is usually fried and tasteless. They put some kind of mexican cole slaw in there and it tastes good. The fish is for texture usually.

I doubt they are very healthy, especially when fried, but whatever.

I'm sorry, weren't you all the ones trying to tell me that saturated fat is actually good for me? Now it's suddenly not healthy?

If you must know, it's a wheat flour tortilla, cabbage (not slaw), and tilapia tried in olive oil. They serve it with 2 oz of mango salsa. I already know what you're going to say, and that is that the flour tortilla will make me fat.

I took you off of ignore, but I can see that was a mistake.

Frosty
02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm sorry, weren't you all the ones trying to tell me that saturated fat is actually good for me? Now it's suddenly not healthy?

If you must know, it's a wheat flour tortilla, cabbage (not slaw), and tilapia tried in olive oil. They serve it with 2 oz of mango salsa. I already know what you're going to say, and that is that the flour tortilla will make me fat.

The stuff they fry it in isn't saturated fat. It's either transfats or vegetable oil, both of which are worse for you that sat fat.

luv
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
The stuff they fry it in isn't saturated fat. It's either transfats or vegetable oil, both of which are worse for you that sat fat.

It's not deep fried. It's pan fried in olive oil and not breaded. Now olive oil is bad, too? And fish is lean protein. I just can't seem to win with you guys.

keg in kc
I've almost gone paleo. The oatmeal I occasionally eat for breakfast is generally the most processed thing I eat. Well, that and yogurt. Lots of chicken and fish and broccoli and a salad basically every evening. Eat a ton of berries and other fruits, go through lots of raw almonds. Regularly eat eggs, have really acquired a taste for turkey bacon. Although I still struggle sometimes with baked stuff. Every few weeks weeks I'll do something random like go through a box of crackers and a block of cheese, or some chips and salsa, or a 4-pack of croissants, but it doesn't seem to be detrimental so far. Seems to be working.

I've said this before, but my weight, and my food/exercise behavior, seems to be entirely connected to when I sleep. If I sleep at night like a normal person, I exercise daily and eat well. If I sleep during the day my impulse control disappears, I stop exercising and I blow up like a balloon. So my only real resolution-y thing this year is to try to continue to sleep regularly. Doing okay so far. I was off for about a week thanks to my job, but was able to recover quickly.

Hammock Parties
Don't forget the guacamole and sour cream, luv:

Fish taco ($5.99): Baked blackened tilapia, Napa cabbage, mango peach salsa, guacamole and sour cream in a whole-wheat tortilla (or without the shell). At first bite, the salsa and cabbage competed for attention. Later, the tilapia united the flavors with a layer of savory seasoning.

There's easily 500+ calories in one of those tacos. Better limit yourself to one.

Buck
02-09-2012, 01:46 PM

Saturated fat comes from the adipose tissue of animals, and it is good for you.

Fried Fish / Chicken with a breading isn't good for you.

And also not sure why you are being hostile.

Buck
02-09-2012, 01:46 PM
It's not deep fried. It's pan fried in olive oil and not breaded. Now olive oil is bad, too? And fish is lean protein. I just can't seem to win with you guys.

Nothing wrong with that. I was just worried that it was breaded.

luv
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Saturated fat comes from the adipose tissue of animals, and it is good for you.

Fried Fish / Chicken with a breading isn't good for you.

And also not sure why you are being hostile.

Because I get dumped on for everything I post about food. It's not like I had sour cream with it or anything.

Frosty
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM

Sorry. I meant commercially fried food in general is fried in vegetable oil or transfats. except for some specialty places, nobody fries in saturated fat (tallow, lard, duck fat, etc).

Pan fried in olive oil is okay, though olive oil is a little fragile for frying.

Buck
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Because I get dumped on for everything I post about food. It's not like I had sour cream with it or anything.

Naw sorry, I thought it was going to be a crispy fried thing like I've had before.

Hammock Parties
02-09-2012, 01:53 PM
It's not like I had sour cream with it or anything.

You've already eaten it?

luv
02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I've almost gone paleo. The oatmeal I occasionally eat for breakfast is generally the most processed thing I eat. Well, that and yogurt. Lots of chicken and fish and broccoli and a salad basically every evening. Eat a ton of berries and other fruits, go through lots of raw almonds. Regularly eat eggs, have really acquired a taste for turkey bacon. Although I still struggle sometimes with baked stuff. Every few weeks weeks I'll do something random like go through a box of crackers and a block of cheese, or some chips and salsa, or a 4-pack of croissants, but it doesn't seem to be detrimental so far. Seems to be working.

I've said this before, but my weight, and my food/exercise behavior, seems to be entirely connected to when I sleep. If I sleep at night like a normal person, I exercise daily and eat well. If I sleep during the day my impulse control disappears, I stop exercising and I blow up like a balloon. So my only real resolution-y thing this year is to try to continue to sleep regularly. Doing okay so far. I was off for about a week thanks to my job, but was able to recover quickly.
I absolutely love raw almonds, and I generally have a palm full (approximately 20 almonds) 4-5 times per week.

My weakness at first was cheese, but that's subsided a lot. I've gotten to where, while I still eat carbs, I try to avoid bread (and any white carbs). Kashi makes Zesty Salsa Baked Pita Crisps that are really good, and I stick with one serving to what the box defines as that.

Buck
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
269.0 today.

Officially the lowest I have been in the last 5 years or so.

Feels so good.

As I was taking a shower and rubbing my body with body wash, I was sort of amazed, by how little the bottom of my stomach sticks out over my FUPA or whatever it's called on males. It's only sticking out like an inch. That shit used to hang out a bunch, now it's barely there.

PunkinDrublic
02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Still on my juice fast since Tuesday. On Tuesday I was at 205lbs, today I'm at 199lbs. I don't have any of the side effects that i read up on. I do fee the temptation to pig out whenever I pass by a fast food place or resteraunt. I'm ready to keep going and stick it out for the full two weeks. The main thing is when I get done with this, not pigging out and regaining everything back. It does feel awesome to have made it this far though.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM
269.0 today.

Officially the lowest I have been in the last 5 years or so.

Feels so good.

As I was taking a shower and rubbing my body with body wash, I was sort of amazed, by how little the bottom of my stomach sticks out over my FUPA or whatever it's called on males. It's only sticking out like an inch. That shit used to hang out a bunch, now it's barely there.

NEWSFLASH: YOU'RE STILL FAT, HOLD THE CELEBRATION

O.city
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Damn dude, that's harsh.

Buck
02-12-2012, 11:54 AM
NEWSFLASH: YOU'RE STILL FAT, HOLD THE CELEBRATION

I know!

268.4 today.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Weighing yourself everyday will catch up to you. You start obsessing over it, and it will fuck with you. Take it from someone who knows.

Buck
02-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Weighing yourself everyday will catch up to you. You start obsessing over it, and it will fuck with you. Take it from someone who knows.

Not me. I understand how the body works, and that you will fluctuate. I've had days where I've gone up 3 lbs.

I'm going to continue to weigh myself every day.

Renegade
02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Weighing yourself everyday will catch up to you. You start obsessing over it, and it will **** with you. Take it from someone who knows.

Exactly. Once a week is plenty to weigh. It is a marathon, not a sprint race like many of you are thinking it is.

Buck
02-12-2012, 12:44 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with weighing yourself every day. It's not like it makes you fatter.

zonachief
02-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Been going at it hard in the gym again since late December. Five days a week plus basketball on one or both of my off days. Taking a four day weekend from working out. My body is thanking me but I feel guilty. Suppose its for the best. Back at it Monday!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Buck
02-17-2012, 09:12 PM
268.0 as of today.

I haven't eaten breakfast since yesterday morning and that was a half a cup of cheese and 7 pepperonis. Going to try fasting to see how it works.

I love what I see in the mirror and people are complimenting me a lot. I love it.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2012, 09:16 PM
keep it up bro

http://i39.tinypic.com/21eork1.jpg

Buck
02-17-2012, 09:33 PM
keep it up bro

http://i39.tinypic.com/21eork1.jpg

you got it babe

Mr. Flopnuts
02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm packed up for the gym in the morning before work. It's time.

Archie F. Swin
02-17-2012, 11:30 PM
My Mount Everest will be getting down to a weight under 180. Might have to drop beer altogether, but i'm not sure its worth it.

Buck
02-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Hey ladies...

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 12:29 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/ugh.gif

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2012, 06:01 AM
I've never done what I'm about to do at this size. If I never post again, it's because I died trying, and that's not a terrible way to go out.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I survived. But I am sick out of shape.

keg in kc
02-18-2012, 09:12 AM
That sounds about like me this morning. Ran for 37 minutes and it felt like about 37 miles.

Just stick with it. And be patient.

Buck
02-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Good job guys.

Buck
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
266.8 this morning.

Just passed hour 50 of a fast.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Gotta say I don't understand this weight loss thing. I started my process to lose weight at the beginning of the month and had lost about half a pound a week since. Last week I thought I had gone off the wagon a bit with my eating and lack of exercise, but I lost three pounds instead. Pizza diet?

I was helped on Thursday by the flu which took another pound and a half off. I don't think I'd recommend the flu diet.

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm on the second week of my juice fast. Started out at 208. Today I weighed in at 195. Pretty signifigant considering I don't excercise. I'm at a weight loss rate of slightly less than an AIDS patient.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm on the second week of my juice fast. Started out at 208. Today I weighed in at 195. Pretty signifigant considering I don't excercise. I'm at a weight loss rate of slightly less than an AIDS patient.

Losing weight that fast is usually not healthy or sustainable.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Losing weight that fast is usually not healthy or sustainable.

You sound like a woman.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 06:10 PM
You sound like a woman.

You sound like an idiot. Trolling more than usual on this thread aren't you goatsee?

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
I have never trolled this thread.

Nothing unhealthy about what he's doing. Sure, he can't sustain it, but that's not the point.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I have never trolled this thread.

Nothing unhealthy about what he's doing. Sure, he can't sustain it, but that's not the point.

13 pounds lost in a week. That's 6% of his body weight.

"What is healthy weight loss?
It's natural for anyone trying to lose weight to want to lose it very quickly. But evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off. Healthy weight loss isn't just about a "diet" or "program". It's about an ongoing lifestyle that includes long-term changes in daily eating and exercise habits."

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/index.html

"If you lose too much weight you could see a host of health problems beginning with loss of hair, brittle fingernails, headaches and leading up to potential problems with your organs and the possibility of your body breaking down. Your immune system wont work you will become malnourished and you will lose your muscle mass and lower your metabolism.

Losing 1% of your body weight per week is safe rate IF you are not underweight to begin with."

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/health-support/weight-loss-47

Now find a site that says 6% weight lost in a week is healthy.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes, go ahead and quote meaningless sources from government agencies that have been feeding you bullshit for years on the food pyramid and other such nonsense.

The guy is already pretty lean so doing this to help him reach a quick goal isn't going to be harmful to his health.

During my weight loss journey I lost 20 lbs in a month once. 0 bad side effects.

Buck
02-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I've lost over 20 lbs in different months.

I'm healthier now than I've ever been.

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 08:25 PM
13 pounds lost in a week. That's 6% of his body weight.

"What is healthy weight loss?
It's natural for anyone trying to lose weight to want to lose it very quickly. But evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off. Healthy weight loss isn't just about a "diet" or "program". It's about an ongoing lifestyle that includes long-term changes in daily eating and exercise habits."

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/index.html

"If you lose too much weight you could see a host of health problems beginning with loss of hair, brittle fingernails, headaches and leading up to potential problems with your organs and the possibility of your body breaking down. Your immune system wont work you will become malnourished and you will lose your muscle mass and lower your metabolism.

Losing 1% of your body weight per week is safe rate IF you are not underweight to begin with."

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/health-support/weight-loss-47

Now find a site that says 6% weight lost in a week is healthy.

It hasn't been one week it's been a over a week and a half. Losing weight isn't the only benefit. I'm also cleansing my system of the toxins in my system. I'm sticking with it until Tuesday. Yeah I'm going to gain some of it back when I get back to solid foods but it's not like I'm breaking it with pizzas and burgers. The key to breaking a fast is to introduce healthy solid foods into your system like salads and vegetables for about a week or so. A juice fast is not starving yourself.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 08:27 PM
You won't gain any back on solid foods unless you start eating like shit and go over your caloric needs.

When I did the V-Diet for a month it actually changed my eating habits.

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I get cravings and everything but that's only when I can smell food. The vegetable juices I make from my juicer fill me up fine. It's not easy but this is something I had to do to break my habit of eating fast food every other day.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 08:38 PM
What sort of juices are you drinking?

And yeah, that's a bad habit. I find doing something extreme for a bit helps me to treat bad food as a once a week treat or so.

I like to eat to live during the week, then live to eat on Saturday or Sunday. :evil:

I find indulging cures my temptation for awhile, especially because it usually makes me feel sick. ROFL

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 08:49 PM
A concoction of kale, cucumbers, carrots, and various leafy greans. For fruits I'll mix in green apples, a lemon and some asian pears. It gets tedious but you get used to it. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I'll get some store bought organic vegetable juice.

luv
02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
A concoction of kale, cucumbers, carrots, and various leafy greans. For fruits I'll mix in green apples, a lemon and some asian pears. It gets tedious but you get used to it. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I'll get some store bought organic vegetable juice.

Is that all you're eating? Are you on a special diet to lose weight for a surgery? Why are you starving and depriving yourself? Dieting should not be torture.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Is that all you're eating? Are you on a special diet to lose weight for a surgery? Why are you starving and depriving yourself? Dieting should not be torture.

LMAO

It's faster the way he's doing it.

And he's probably not starving himself. You can get all the calories your body needs from a juice diet.

luv
02-18-2012, 09:28 PM
LMAO

It's faster the way he's doing it.

And he's probably not starving himself. You can get all the calories your body needs from a juice diet.

It seems that the only "diet" you're against is a well rounded diet and exercise. Dieting should be a lifestyle change, and not about seeing instant results.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 09:35 PM
It seems that the only "diet" you're against is a well rounded diet and exercise.

Absolutely not. That's the life I live. That was the base of my weight-loss success.

Dieting should be a lifestyle change, and not about seeing instant results.

Doesn't hurt to take a shortcut. It does have to be a lifestyle change for long-term success.

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 09:41 PM
It seems that the only "diet" you're against is a well rounded diet and exercise. Dieting should be a lifestyle change, and not about seeing instant results.

As I said before it's not just about losing the weight, it's about cleansing the system as well. I'm only doing this for two weeks. There's people that do it for 90 days. On Tuesday I'll be done and at that point I'll switch to a healthy diet of solid foods and eventually I'll get to eating right during the week and splurging a bit on the weekends. This was absolutely necessary for me to kick the habit of eating out every other day. Watch the documentary "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead". That's what initially inspired me to try a juice fast. It's not easy but changing eating habits never is.

luv
02-18-2012, 09:49 PM
As I said before it's not just about losing the weight, it's about cleansing the system as well. I'm only doing this for two weeks. There's people that do it for 90 days. On Tuesday I'll be done and at that point I'll switch to a healthy diet of solid foods and eventually I'll get to eating right during the week and splurging a bit on the weekends. This was absolutely necessary for me to kick the habit of eating out every other day. Watch the documentary "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead". That's what initially inspired me to try a juice fast. It's not easy but changing eating habits never is.

I changed my eating habits this year. For me, staying hydrated has helped. I try to drink 100 oz of water per day, and believe me, that is cleansing. I've never pooped so much in my life. Cleanses are good, I'm just not of the mind that you have to stop eating to cleanse. If it works for you, then that's great. And all you have to do to start eating healthy is just do it.

Gonzo
02-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of a rare case and could use a point in the right direction here.
In 1994 I was a senior in HS and weighed in at a pretty buff 185. My metabolism is exceedingly slow. Blood pressure is perfect, sitting pulse is in the low 60's and I'm strong as an ox.
Flash forward to late 2009. Weighing in at a flabby 255. (I'm 6 feet tall)
I was drinking waaay to much beer and eating absolute shit. I couldn't keep up while hunting and decided to lose the weight.

From May 2011 to Dec 2011 I dropped 40 lbs or so and am now a fairly svelt 205. I need Cardio for a couple reasons.
1. To get down to 190. (My goal)
2. Reduce stress.
3. Release those endorphins, (long story)

I have had knee problems, shoulder, hand, and back prob lems. (Arthritis in those last 3)
I'm looking for a good, low impact workout would be nice so I can lose these last 15-20 lbs.
Pointers anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
02-18-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm kind of a rare case and could use a point in the right direction here.
In 1994 I was a senior in HS and weighed in at a pretty buff 185. My metabolism is exceedingly slow. Blood pressure is perfect, sitting pulse is in the low 60's and I'm strong as an ox.
Flash forward to late 2009. Weighing in at a flabby 255. (I'm 6 feet tall)
I was drinking waaay to much beer and eating absolute shit. I couldn't keep up while hunting and decided to lose the weight.

From May 2011 to Dec 2011 I dropped 40 lbs or so and am now a fairly svelt 205. I need Cardio for a couple reasons.
1. To get down to 190. (My goal)
2. Reduce stress.
3. Release those endorphins, (long story)

I have had knee problems, shoulder, hand, and back prob lems. (Arthritis in those last 3)
I'm looking for a good, low impact workout would be nice so I can lose these last 15-20 lbs.
Pointers anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

Talk to your doctor or a physical therapist.

Gonzo
02-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Money's an issue, Luv. I was asking to see if anyone had luck with like a particular routine or maybe a piece of equipment.
I was thinking about an elliptical machine or similar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Pointers anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

Diet is more important than working out for weight loss.

You burn 1 pound of fat per 3500 calories burned.

Think about how much exercise that is.

Adjust your diet. A low impact workout isn't going to do much for you IMO.

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I changed my eating habits this year. For me, staying hydrated has helped. I try to drink 100 oz of water per day, and believe me, that is cleansing. I've never pooped so much in my life. Cleanses are good, I'm just not of the mind that you have to stop eating to cleanse. If it works for you, then that's great. And all you have to do to start eating healthy is just do it.

It's not just a cleanse. The amount of nutrients you get from juicing raw vegetables is pretty substantial.

Gonzo
02-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Diet is more important than working out for weight loss.

You burn 1 pound of fat per 3500 calories burned.

Think about how much exercise that is.

Adjust your diet. A low impact workout isn't going to do much for you IMO.
Yeah, that definitely did it for the first 35-40 lbs. Now I'm doing 1 meal a day and don't dig on the fatty fried crap.
Trying to rid myself of the last 15 is a bitch.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
02-18-2012, 10:00 PM
It's not just a cleanse. The amount of nutrients you get from juicing raw vegetables is pretty substantial.

I get the same nutrients from eating a well balanced diet. ;)

luv
02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah, that definitely did it for the first 35-40 lbs. Now I'm doing 1 meal a day and don't dig on the fatty fried crap.
Trying to rid myself of the last 15 is a bitch.
Posted via Mobile Device

One meal a day? Could be that your body has gone into starvation mode, so it's storing everything you're eating. Several small meals per day. It also helps your metabolism.

As for the exercise, with your physical conditions, I would as your doctor or physical therapist for advice, and not Clay.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 10:04 PM
One meal a day? Could be that your body has gone into starvation mode, so it's storing everything you're eating.

LMAO

No, because starvation mode is a myth.

If you're only eating one meal a day and not snacking, keep doing it. Don't know why the fat wouldn't come off. You're probably burning at least 1,000 calories a day. That'd be 2 pounds a week.

luv
02-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Money's an issue, Luv. I was asking to see if anyone had luck with like a particular routine or maybe a piece of equipment.
I was thinking about an elliptical machine or similar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Missed this post. Elliptical is an excellent low impact machine. They can be pretty pricey though.

luv
02-18-2012, 10:05 PM
LMAO

No, because starvation mode is a myth.

It never ends with you, does it?

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 10:06 PM
It never ends with you, does it?

Well, if you post bullshit, I'm gonna respond.

Starvation mode is total bullshit.

Why do you think fasting works for people on this very board, like Silock, myself and NewChief?

Our bodies didn't go into "Starvation mode" LMAO

luv
02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, if you post bullshit, I'm gonna respond.

Starvation mode is total bullshit.

Why do you think fasting works for people on this very board, like Silock, myself and NewChief?

Our bodies didn't go into "Starvation mode" LMAO

Did you ask him how long he's been doing one meal per day?

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Dd you ask him how long he's been doing one meal per day?

Doesn't matter.

Starvation mode = total fucking bullshit.

Please stop trying to fight science.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Missed this post. Elliptical is an excellent low impact machine. They can be pretty pricey though.

They're not good for burning fat.

Low impact workouts are shitty for burning fat.

You want to burn fat, do something intense like intervals.

But he has bad knees, so that's not gonna work.

luv
02-18-2012, 10:11 PM

Which is why he needs to get advice from a professional. Are you a professional......anything?

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Which is why he needs to get advice from a professional. Are you a professional......anything?

He doesn't need professional advice. This is common sense. Losing weight is 80 percent diet.

Besides, he posted in this thread looking for answers, so I'm going to answer to the best of my ability.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I survived. But I am sick out of shape.

First week is the hardest.

Congrats.

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 10:33 PM
I think I'm going to do this juice fast once a year. Next year I'm going to try for 3 weeks.

luv
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM
I think I'm going to do this juice fast once a year. Next year I'm going to try for 3 weeks.

Good luck. Why not go the whole year though?

PunkinDrublic
02-18-2012, 10:41 PM

I haven't ruled out doing it again this year. I think February is a good month to do it though. It's wintertime, no major holidays and there's plenty of time to whip myself in time for summer.

Dartgod
02-19-2012, 08:03 AM
248.5 this morning for a total loss of 15.5 pounds since Jan 8.

Buck
02-19-2012, 01:26 PM

Lost 31.2 lbs since Jan 1.
56.2 lbs since last March.
~75-80 lbs since my heaviest (not sure, never weighed myself)

Pablo
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Weighing in at 194. Down 30 pounds from the 1st of January.

All about the diet, brah. Haven't lifted a finger to work out. Yet. I'm pretty excited to start running here in a few weeks. Hate, hate, hate running on a treadmill.

Suppose I could get out right now, it isn't too terribly cold.

Buck
02-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Weighing in at 194. Down 30 pounds from the 1st of January.

All about the diet, brah. Haven't lifted a finger to work out. Yet. I'm pretty excited to start running here in a few weeks. Hate, hate, hate running on a treadmill.

Suppose I could get out right now, it isn't too terribly cold.

Great job. What diet are you doing?

Pablo
02-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Great job. What diet are you doing?I just take in about 1,400 calories a day. Carbs primarily in the morning.

Lots of fruits and vegetables. Lots of water. Don't drink empty calories. And cheat some on the weekend.

Buck
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow thats crazy. Thats a 50,000 calorie deficit since Jan 1. That itself is equal to about 14.5 lbs.

I wonder how the rest came off. Probably water weight.

I'd assume out of my 31 lbs lost at least 10 was water weight.

Pablo
02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow thats crazy. Thats a 50,000 calorie deficit since Jan 1. That itself is equal to about 14.5 lbs.

I wonder how the rest came off. Probably water weight.

I'd assume out of my 31 lbs lost at least 10 was water weight.There are some days when I'm only taking in about 1,100 calories. Which I'm fully aware isn't healthy; but with eating much smaller portions I think I've shrank my stomach and I'm frankly not all that hungry any more.

If I eat a big meal I feel like death. If I eat fast food I get downright nauseous.

I'm going to continue this dieting regiment until I'm down to 180. Then it ought to be nice enough and daylight enough when I get off work for me to run in the evenings. And I can probably bolster my caloric intake to the 1,700 range and feel good with that.

Buck
02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
There are some days when I'm only taking in about 1,100 calories. Which I'm fully aware isn't healthy; but with eating much smaller portions I think I've shrank my stomach and I'm frankly not all that hungry any more.

If I eat a big meal I feel like death. If I eat fast food I get downright nauseous.

I'm going to continue this dieting regiment until I'm down to 180. Then it ought to be nice enough and daylight enough when I get off work for me to run in the evenings. And I can probably bolster my caloric intake to the 1,700 range and feel good with that.

Don't let anyone tell you eating 1100 calories isn't healthy. I'm pretty sure that the shit the gov't force feeds us is all bullshit. I eat 1000-1500 calories a day, a lot of times under 1000 and I'm usually at 1100. If I eat 1500 I feel like I pigged out.

I'm the healthiest I've ever been.

Pablo
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't let anyone tell you eating 1100 calories isn't healthy. I'm pretty sure that the shit the gov't force feeds us is all bullshit. I eat 1000-1500 calories a day, a lot of times under 1000 and I'm usually at 1100. If I eat 1500 I feel like I pigged out.

I'm the healthiest I've ever been.Yeah, I feel pretty good. I was slipping into fat bastard territory at the end of 2011. None of my pants fit. Bitch tits were in full bloom. Trouble sleeping. Short of breath for no good reason.

Then I just decided to eat better and it's paid off. Might as well do it while I'm relatively young(25) and keep that shit weight off because I know my metabolism isn't going to get any better the older I get. I have a shit-ton more energy, I'm sleeping better and my clothes are fitting again. Crazy how that works.

I would ultimately like to get to 170. And I will. But I'd be fully content floating around the 175-180 range.

Congrats on your voyage thus far, Buck. It's really not that hard to lose the weight, it's the lifestyle changes that will make it stick. Not eating fast food, not eating huge fat bastard portions. Not drinking 2 or 3 cans of pop a day. So on and so forth...

Or I can get to my target weight and do all the bad stuff I want if I run my ass off every day.

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Running your ass off every day is counterproductive IMO.

I'd rather eat healthy 6 days a week and splurge on the 7th.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Bullshit. You can do intervals on an elliptical. You can also get a great cardio workout on an elliptical. Finally, as the knees strengthen, you can increase resistance, which also keeps it a good cardio workout.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2012, 02:02 PM
First week is the hardest.

Congrats.

one foot in front of the other. Did it again today. IM not weighing for a month though. I don't care. I've got a long way to go and I know what to do.

Pablo
02-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Running your ass off every day is counterproductive IMO.

I'd rather eat healthy 6 days a week and splurge on the 7th.Running is more for my emotional benefit. I get a sense of pride and confidence if I work out on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure I can get where I want with diet alone, but exercise is still a goal of mine.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2012, 02:05 PM

you sure like fighting people in this thread. You must be doing pretty good. Congratulations.

Buck
02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Check out my breakfast brahs.

http://i.imgur.com/wpkXw.jpg

O.city
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't know what that is but it looks delicious.

Buck
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Don't know what that is but it looks delicious.

5 oz of this
http://www.kouponkaren.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tyson-grilled-and-ready.jpg

Covered in this
http://i.imgur.com/SZCep.jpg

And a 1/3 of a cup of this
http://i.imgur.com/vZFyE.jpg

Then broiled

Fucking. Delicious.

245 Calories, 3 Net Carbs

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Buck is doing it right.

Buck
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
And here is what I'm eating over the next few days. (keep in mind I have 2 brothers that I share this food with)

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/7jGET/embed"></iframe>

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Are those sausages?

I fucking love some brats and string cheese for a nice meal. Maybe sliced fresh mozzarella, too.

Buck
02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Are those sausages?

I fucking love some brats and string cheese for a nice meal. Maybe sliced fresh mozzarella, too.

Nope

Got some Chicken Thighs, Some Flank Steak, and some 80/20 ground beef.

luv
02-19-2012, 03:15 PM

I'm the healthiest I've ever been.

That's the one thing I'm disagreeing with my trainer on. She wants me at 1550 calories per day, but I'm more comfortable when I'm in the 1300 range. I realize though that she's gradually getting my weight down. Slowly decreasing my calories and increasing my exercise. I trust her, but I just think I was a little further along in making my changes than she realizes. I'm the same as you. If I eat 1500 calories, I feel like I've pigged out. Especially since I've been drinking more water. I definitely have that constant full feeling. I can tell when I haven't kept up with my water, because it's about the only time my tummy growls.

Buck
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
That's the one thing I'm disagreeing with my trainer on. She wants me at 1550 calories per day, but I'm more comfortable when I'm in the 1300 range. I realize though that she's gradually getting my weight down. Slowly decreasing my calories and increasing my exercise. I trust her, but I just think I was a little further along in making my changes than she realizes. I'm the same as you. If I eat 1500 calories, I feel like I've pigged out. Especially since I've been drinking more water. I definitely have that constant full feeling. I can tell when I haven't kept up with my water, because it's about the only time my tummy growls.

Yes! I know what you mean. Water is my true-love now. It feels better to be full of water rather than full of junk food and soda!

Buck
02-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Pic doesn't do this justice.

http://i.imgur.com/CoV0C.jpg

Thats 2 hamburger patties with bacon and cheese in the middle and then asparagus sauteed in butter and garlic.

luv
02-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Pic doesn't do this justice.

Thats 2 hamburger patties with bacon and cheese in the middle and then asparagus sauteed in butter and garlic.

KC strip steak with onions and mushrooms and two cobs of corn without butter.

Today a high calorie day for you?

Buck
02-19-2012, 06:08 PM
KC strip steak with onions and mushrooms and two cobs of corn without butter.

Today a high calorie day for you?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/BuckinKaeding

1042 calories for the day.

I'm done eating for today.

(that meal was about 800 calories itself, which is sort of on the higher end, but my BMR is like 2600)

luv
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/BuckinKaeding

1042 calories for the day.

I'm done eating for today.

(that meal was about 800 calories itself, which is sort of on the higher end, but my BMR is like 2600)

I've been using a handwritten book called fitbook. I've heard a lot of great things about fitnesspal. I really need to check it out. Does it automatically count the calories for you?

Buck
02-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I've been using a handwritten book called fitbook. I've heard a lot of great things about fitnesspal. I really need to check it out. Does it automatically count the calories for you?

What do you mean automatically?

You choose the food and the amount you ate and it automatically tells you the calories, if that's what you mean.

luv
02-19-2012, 06:14 PM
What do you mean automatically?

You choose the food and the amount you ate and it automatically tells you the calories, if that's what you mean.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Buck
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Yup! I love it.

If you join you can invite me to be a friend and its sort of like facebook where people post statuses, but they are usually about food/exercise.

luv
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
20 lbs

Dartgod
02-21-2012, 10:12 AM
20 lbs

:clap:

And the obligatory, "you're doing it wrong". ;)

Hammock Parties
02-21-2012, 10:14 AM
20 lbs

Outstanding.

Archie F. Swin
02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh shit. Just when I was starting to gain confidence in my level of fitness, I graduated to Phase 2 of the 9 week program on EA Active 2. Today's 30 minute workout really shook me. I had to skip one of the exercises for fear of my heart rate. I was walking sideways for about an hour afterwards. I feel like I'm starting all over again.

Omaha
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I am down 18 lbs since Christmas & I think that puts me at about 9% body fat. Paleo FTW!!!!! I also gave up rest days for lent so I'll be kicking ass for the next several weeks....

whoman69
02-23-2012, 02:39 PM
R8ers - You can't weigh douche

Can you weigh sack of shit?

keg in kc
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I love those first few days when you get your diet back under control. I'm losing like a pound a day. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I finally got after it yesterday. I'm bigger than I've been in quite some time so working out is more challenging than I remember. :)

But I'm already in love with it again. Rocking my livestrong bracelet, and confident enough that I'm in it to win it, that I'm posting about it.

In any case, I'm going to go low carb. I've never done it before, and I'm curious how many grams of carbs I'm allowed every day? I pretty much need to peel 40-50 off as quickly as possible, and I figure low carb combined with working out will help me out.

When I get down to business, I put up 10+lbs per week. But I have to peel some off before I can do that physically. Really not sure what happened, but it's in the past now. Here we go!

Hammock Parties
02-24-2012, 03:13 PM
20g

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
20g

That's what I thought, but I heard someone saying 40. Thanks brother.

luv
02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I finally got after it yesterday. I'm bigger than I've been in quite some time so working out is more challenging than I remember. :)

But I'm already in love with it again. Rocking my livestrong bracelet, and confident enough that I'm in it to win it, that I'm posting about it.

In any case, I'm going to go low carb. I've never done it before, and I'm curious how many grams of carbs I'm allowed every day? I pretty much need to peel 40-50 off as quickly as possible, and I figure low carb combined with working out will help me out.

When I get down to business, I put up 10+lbs per week. But I have to peel some off before I can do that physically. Really not sure what happened, but it's in the past now. Here we go!

Glad to hear you're getting back into it. I'm sure you know this, but make sure you're getting plenty of protein with working out.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Glad to hear you're getting back into it. I'm sure you know this, but make sure you're getting plenty of protein with working out.

Thanks. Protein is definitely a priority for me. The leaner the better. Contests on your progress. Maybe one day you'll take up running and we can do a 5k.

Buck
02-24-2012, 05:48 PM
As far as meat goes, the leaner not the better.

Get that fat homie!

65% Fat, 30% Protein