PDA

View Full Version : KSU KSU Frank Martin to Gamecocks

Pages : 1 [2]

WilliamTheIrish
03-27-2012, 08:16 PM
I talked to him four days ago before all this shit started. That meeting was happenstance. Today, a guy I work with, who has kids at SJMHS said he's going to SC.

kstater
03-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I talked to him four days ago before all this shit started. That meeting was happenstance. Today, a guy I work with, who has kids at SJMHS said he's going to SC.

Plan B, buy a SC shirt and hat, give him lots of money, record it, send to NCAA.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Plan B, buy a SC shirt and hat, give him lots of money, record it, send to NCAA.

nah, just send him a Western Union and drop the receipt.

Fritz88
03-27-2012, 08:27 PM
nah, just send him a Western Union and drop the receipt.

WU? Not very safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Is Phil Jackson available?

Titty Meat
03-27-2012, 08:47 PM
that IS a pretty big positive. I was all over the Buzz Williams train until I read he already makes $2.6mil at Marquette. I heard he has a similar relationship with his AD though.

Josh Pastner.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Josh Pastner.

signed an extension today

DeezNutz
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Wrong guy left Manhattan, but the real target will be leaving within the next couple of years.

Fish
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Wrong guy left Manhattan, but the real target will be leaving within the next couple of years.

Truth....

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 08:06 AM
A big "NO" from Schultzie on a coach with history like Pearl? And we'll settle for some loser like Tad Boyle? F me.

I'm still all in with Pearl. Gives me an avenue to melt down when we hire anyone else.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2012, 09:00 AM
http://hirebrucepearl.com/

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 09:14 AM
http://hirebrucepearl.com/

:clap:

DJ's left nut
03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Pearl is what he is.

Go ahead and hire the guy if you'd like, but he's been trouble everywhere he's been. He'll probably give you 5 good years and may even take KSU to the next level, but he's going to give the NCAA the finger every chance he gets and eventually he'll get nailed for it...again.

The guy has an attitude that says he's above the rules. That attitude helps make him a decent coach, but it's also going to be the reason he implodes even at his next stop.

Codered
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Even Bob Huggins thinks that Bruce Pearl is a risky hire for KSU!

HemiEd
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
How does Mark Fox appeal to you guys?

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Pearl is what he is.

Go ahead and hire the guy if you'd like, but he's been trouble everywhere he's been. He'll probably give you 5 good years and may even take KSU to the next level, but he's going to give the NCAA the finger every chance he gets and eventually he'll get nailed for it...again.

The guy has an attitude that says he's above the rules. That attitude helps make him a decent coach, but it's also going to be the reason he implodes even at his next stop.

He's no longer an option. Our guys contacted his attorney.

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
How does Mark Fox appeal to you guys?

He doesn't.

Titty Meat
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Is Calvin Sampson allowed to coach? Might as well hire him if you consider Bruce Pearl.

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Is Calvin Sampson allowed to coach? Might as well hire him if you consider Bruce Pearl.

Kelvin has a show-cause order until 2013.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Hasn't Martin always been game for cock?!?!?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4BU4M5jGGfM/Ts5TnlHWqhI/AAAAAAAABzs/-n4_eDOWsb0/s1600/RimshotBadumtsh.jpg

sorry ... carry on. :D

ChiTown
03-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm still all in with Pearl. Gives me an avenue to melt down when we hire anyone else.

IT'S UNDERWOOD!

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
IT'S UNDERWOOD!

:#

Old Dog
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
that sucks

BourbonMan
03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
IT'S UNDERWOOD!

Confirmed?
Link?

ChiTown
03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Confirmed?
Link?

Kidding, kind of....

BourbonMan
03-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Kidding, kind of....

Oh...OK...Should have known.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Bill Reiter ‏ @foxsportsreiter Close
Made calls today & heard this doozy: Frank Martin, while trying to decide what to do, was told by Bill Snyder he should "get the hell out."

Clarifying: The tone of Snyder's comment, as told to me, was, "Don't blame you. This AD is a problem. Escape while you can."

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Made calls today & heard this doozy: Frank Martin, while trying to decide what to do, was told by Bill Snyder he should "get the hell out."

Clarifying: The tone of Snyder's comment, as told to me, was, "Don't blame you. This AD is a problem. Escape while you can."

total bullshit.

and Reiter couldn't even quote Self correctly about Frank leaving, let alone his source.

qabbaan
03-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Death blow

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2012, 02:56 PM
KSU fans need to go after Currie with pitchforks.

He is destroying the basketball program and it sounds like Snyder sees what's going on and isn't a fan on Currie either...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
KSU fans need to go after Currie with pitchforks.

He is destroying the basketball program and it sounds like Snyder sees what's going on and isn't a fan on Currie either...

Bill would never say that. Period. Bill's way would be to tell Frank only he could say what is right for him.

Reiter's a hack.

ChiTown
03-28-2012, 03:01 PM

N!gga, Please!

veist
03-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Should I just go ahead and post a preemptive consolatory post for if you guys end up with Jankovich or Boyle? Maybe reverse jinx them out of the running?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Jank would make me meltdown. Boyle I could learn to live with if I never had to hear his full name.

Mojo Jojo
03-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Bill would never say that. Period. Bill's way would be to tell Frank only he could say what is right for him.

Reiter's a hack.
Bill's reaction last night prior to the Cat Backer event was very telling. He was meeting with the media and of course he was asked about Frank, and Bill gave the usual I wish him good luck type of answer. Then someone asked about his relationship with Currie, and Bill put up his hand and said this is over and turned and walked away. Then news cameras were not allowed into the event.

KevB
03-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Bill's reaction last night prior to the Cat Backer event was very telling. He was meeting with the media and of course he was asked about Frank, and Bill gave the usual I wish him good luck type of answer. Then someone asked about his relationship with Currie, and Bill put up his hand and said this is over and turned and walked away. Then news cameras were not allowed into the event.

It's likely he simply had no interest dealing with the question, whether he had good or bad things to say. I wouldn't read too much into Bill shutting down a reporter's question. Ever seen him during the halftime interviews?

KevB
03-28-2012, 05:02 PM
IT'S UNDERWOOD!

I've been around him just a very little bit, and I was impressed more than I thought I would be. That said, there's just so much variability handing things over to a guy who's never done it.....

58kcfan89
03-28-2012, 05:02 PM

Reiter's a hack.

Maybe it's a different thing with Schulz as the University Pres, but I feel like if Bill wanted Currie out, he'd be out.

Link? Source? I can't see Bill doing this, but have been wrong before...

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I can see Bill saying "no comment" to any number of questions.

58kcfan89
03-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I can see Bill saying "no comment" to any number of questions.

I can see "No comment." Can't see him just walking out.

Mojo Jojo
03-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Maybe it's a different thing with Schulz as the University Pres, but I feel like if Bill wanted Currie out, he'd be out.

Link? Source? I can't see Bill doing this, but have been wrong before...
I saw the news clip on either KSHB or KMBC last night during the 10 PM news.
There were several cameras there.

Mojo Jojo
03-28-2012, 06:19 PM
It's likely he simply had no interest dealing with the question, whether he had good or bad things to say. I wouldn't read too much into Bill shutting down a reporter's question. Ever seen him during the halftime interviews?
I don't disagree with your reasoning, but this had a very different feel to it. I dealt with Bill on a few occasions and this wasn't his typical just shutting it down reaction. Rumors started last year that Bill and Curry had issues. Good news is Bill holds all the cards now...

Pitt Gorilla
03-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I just read that Upshaw decommitted and won't go to SC. Is that true?

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 06:29 PM

Yes

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Who's Upshaw?

Saul Good
03-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Who's Upshaw?

Nothing, dawg. What's up with you?

Saulbadguy
03-28-2012, 08:10 PM
WHICH WILDCAT TEAM WILL TAKE IT?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/stevedaveksu/548608564.jpg

Saul Good
03-28-2012, 08:14 PM
WHICH WILDCAT TEAM WILL TAKE IT?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/stevedaveksu/548608564.jpg

Currie is amazing.

Raiderhater
03-28-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't disagree with your reasoning, but this had a very different feel to it. I dealt with Bill on a few occasions and this wasn't his typical just shutting it down reaction. Rumors started last year that Bill and Curry had issues. Good news is Bill holds all the cards now...

I don't know what the real relationship is between Snyder and Currie, I just hope Currie tries a power play with him. That will bring an end to Currie's tenure super fast. If only Martin had another 5 years at KSU under his belt with the same 20+ win seasons, Currie wouldn't have been able to touch him either (barring some major illegalities).

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 07:16 AM
I don't know what the real relationship is between Snyder and Currie, I just hope Currie tries a power play with him. That will bring an end to Currie's tenure super fast. If only Martin had another 5 years at KSU under his belt with the same 20+ win seasons, Currie wouldn't have been able to touch him either (barring some major illegalities).

If you believe even half the rumors coming out, this may have been for the best anyway. And I was firmly #firecurrie.

Dante84
03-29-2012, 07:22 AM
If you believe even half the rumors coming out, this may have been for the best anyway. And I was firmly #firecurrie.

Such as?

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 07:40 AM

I tend to agree. Starting to think he'll always be right on the edge (and occasionally over the edge) of the line when it comes to violations. If you're going to do that, you'd better win big.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm still 100% #TEAMFIRECURRIE. Nothing i've heard to this point changes my mind, and i've heard quite a bit. Boo fucking hoo to all of it.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Such as?

somewhere between 4 and 6 players transferring if he was still here, including Angel, Hot Rod and Gip.

ChiTown
03-29-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm still 100% #TEAMFIRECURRIE. Nothing i've heard to this point changes my mind, and i've heard quite a bit. Boo ****ing hoo to all of it.

This -until he hires some knob to replace The Cuban

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 09:57 AM

Is there any truth to the rumor I'm trying to start that Upshaw is likely headed to Mizzou?

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 10:02 AM
somewhere between 4 and 6 players transferring if he was still here, including Angel, Hot Rod and Gip.

I don't know if we will ever know what really went on, but I'd love to find out because there are some things that just don't add up. One of the rumors is Spradling and 4-5 others went to Currie mid-season in the form of a mutiny against Martin.

Now if that is the case, wouldn't you think the team would probably be giving up on Martin, pretty much tank the season and not have the strong finish with an NCAA bid? Like I said, it just doesn't add up.

I don't doubt the Spradling aspect of it (obviously someone went to Currie at some point), but I have to wonder if maybe the number of players hasn't been blown up a touch.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Is there any truth to the rumor I'm trying to start that Upshaw is likely headed to Mizzou?

Maybe?

Saulbadguy
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't know if we will ever know what really went on, but I'd love to find out because there are some things that just don't add up. One of the rumors is Spradling and 4-5 others went to Currie mid-season in the form of a mutiny against Martin.

Now if that is the case, wouldn't you think the team would probably be giving up on Martin, pretty much tank the season and not have the strong finish with an NCAA bid? Like I said, it just doesn't add up.

I don't doubt the Spradling aspect of it (obviously someone went to Currie at some point), but I have to wonder if maybe the number of players hasn't been blown up a touch.

The only thing I know for a fact that is a player requested a transfer prior to Frank leaving. The rest, I can't really verify.

That player rescinded his request on Tuesday.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 10:08 AM
OK, full blown conspiracy mode here, do not take serious (or take it serious, whatever)....

Sprads decides he has a problem with Martin and goes to Currie about it. Currie has a problem with Martin but needs more than Sprads' complaints. Currie enrolls Will as a snitch. Will is the one responsible for outing Jamar.

Like I said, plain conspiracy theory. Not saying that I even believe it. Just throwing it out there to be ridiculed.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 10:09 AM

We already know for a act Hot Rod nearly transferred last offseason. We think that it appears the incident that caused Spradling to tuck tail at OSU may have also been a turning point for Rod. The working hypothesis is that Ffrank agreed to calm down towards the players to keep them happy, but late in the season he was losing his cool again.

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 10:12 AM
The only thing I know for a fact that is a player requested a transfer prior to Frank leaving. The rest, I can't really verify.

That player rescinded his request on Tuesday.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

A family friend of the Spradlings called in to Keitzman Tuesday afternoon. He said towards the end of one of the games Martin quit coaching and yelled something of a more personal nature to Will, and that was when Will had enough.

Now I take family and friends anecdotes with a grain of salt, but it is more than obvious Wildo was a big issue this season.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2012, 10:13 AM
We already know for a act Hot Rod nearly transferred last offseason. We think that it appears the incident that caused Spradling to tuck tail at OSU may have also been a turning point for Rod. The working hypothesis is that Ffrank agreed to calm down towards the players to keep them happy, but late in the season he was losing his cool again.

It's well known that many of the players hated Frank. Boo fucking hoo. He got the most out of the players that bought in. The ones that didn't, quit.

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Sometimes it's hard to tell if a guy's leading a parade or being chased by an angry mob. I'm srarting to think that Frank knew the mob was coming, so he grabbed a baton and ran into the first house with an open door.

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
It's well known that many of the players hated Frank. Boo ****ing hoo. He got the most out of the players that bought in. The ones that didn't, quit.

Exactly.

He has a rather old school approach to coaching, but that isn't exactly unknown at this point in his career. Kids know this coming in. Why they suddenly act surprised by it once they get here is a mystery to me.

ChiTown
03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Sometimes it's hard to tell if a guy's leading a parade or being chased by an angry mob. I'm srarting to think that Frank knew the mob was coming, so he grabbed a baton and ran into the first house with an open door.

Ding, Ding

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 10:22 AM
It's well known that many of the players hated Frank. Boo ****ing hoo. He got the most out of the players that bought in. The ones that didn't, quit.

I get your viewpoint. But having Frank as a coach when there is no one left on the team worth a shit does no good either.

HemiEd
03-29-2012, 10:23 AM

That makes a lot of sense.

ChiTown
03-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Steve Wojciechowski - Dookie

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Exactly.

He has a rather old school approach to coaching, but that isn't exactly unknown at this point in his career. Kids know this coming in. Why they suddenly act surprised by it once they get here is a mystery to me.

if the stories the beat writers are telling are true, once Frank dislikes you, there's no working with him. That's probably part of it. And you have to remember these are young kids, who a) are thinking they can probably put up with the yelling and b) have hot heads of their own.

I didn't dislike Frank's style - I thought the team seemed to lose energy when he calmed down. But if he was indeed driving off half the team before next year, that does KSU no good either. A player or two who transfers each year is one thing, losing over half your starters and half the roster is bad.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 10:26 AM
What do we think about Craig Neal? Besides needing a makeover.

ChiTown
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM

I'm thinking I would rather have Steve Alford instead of Neal - if it came down to it.

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Isn't that the guy who coached the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles football team to a football title in the mid nineties? Is he coaching basketball now? Hopefully he brings Dobber with him.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm thinking I would rather have Steve Alford instead of Neal - if it came down to it.

some are crediting Neal with the work though...

I still haven't decided who I think is an attainable, good hire.

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
if the stories the beat writers are telling are true, once Frank dislikes you, there's no working with him. That's probably part of it. And you have to remember these are young kids, who a) are thinking they can probably put up with the yelling and b) have hot heads of their own.

I didn't dislike Frank's style - I thought the team seemed to lose energy when he calmed down. But if he was indeed driving off half the team before next year, that does KSU no good either. A player or two who transfers each year is one thing, losing over half your starters and half the roster is bad.

Again, we really don't know just how much of this is accurate. I don't doubt that there is certainly some truth involved, but how much I question, and will continue to do so till I have some firm evidence.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Again, we really don't know just how much of this is accurate. I don't doubt that there is certainly some truth involved, but how much I question, and will continue to do so till I have some firm evidence.

I'm open minded too, but Cassidy, Kitchen, and Meek have all hinted that Frank was fucking with them. When you've got multiple sources...

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
some are crediting Neal with the work though...

I still haven't decided who I think is an attainable, good hire.

I heard someone, Gottleib maybe, swearing up and down that Neal would be a great coach.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM

That'd be a good one. Dumbass KU fans wouldn't be able to pronounce his name, even after 5 years of coaching, being fired and/or leaving for another school.

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM

I'd be open to giving one of Coach K's disciples a shot.

ChiTown
03-29-2012, 01:27 PM
That'd be a good one. Dumbass KU fans wouldn't be able to pronounce his name, even after 5 years of coaching, being fired and/or leaving for another school.

Apparently, there is some level of mutual interest. Not sure who reached out to whom first.

Mojo Jojo
03-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Did any of you hear the Steve Henson interview on 610 this morning? He is pushing hard to get this job. Lon has even gone public that the Cats should hire Steve.

HemiEd
03-29-2012, 01:45 PM

ChiefMojo
03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
If your going to give a Dookie a chance, you take Chris Collins over Wojo all day, every day.

Personally in the end, I think Scott Sutton from Oral Roberts will be the guy.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
gottlieb4ksu

Wyatt Earp
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
gottlieb4ksu

Would take!

kstater
03-29-2012, 06:11 PM
I've got a fucking hard-on right now.

http://themercury.com/K-StateSports/article.aspx?articleId=f760830e0c7e4cf18832a37c0dd31e3a

Extra Point
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I've got a ****ing hard-on right now.

http://themercury.com/K-StateSports/article.aspx?articleId=f760830e0c7e4cf18832a37c0dd31e3a

THAT would be cool!

Extra Point
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM

Rutgers is a pretty good school, isn't it? Just ask Wally Judge.

KcMizzou
03-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I heard someone, Gottleib maybe, swearing up and down that Neal would be a great coach.That was Mike Decourcy.

KcMizzou
03-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I've got a ****ing hard-on right now.

http://themercury.com/K-StateSports/article.aspx?articleId=f760830e0c7e4cf18832a37c0dd31e3aLMAO Wow. Gottlieb's lobbying pretty hard for the job. It'd be interesting, that's for sure.

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 07:50 PM
That was Mike Decourcy.

That's right. I knew it wasn't Doug.

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Gottleib would be a random choice, but I think he could be a great coach. A lot of Mizzou fans can't stand him, but I think he really know his shit. Let's see if Currie has the balls to do it.

Dante84
03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Ive never really pictured him in a HC position.

That being said, he knows his shit. He is one of the very few talking heads in all of sports that does know his shit, and doesn't sound like an asshole when he speaks. Really do enjoy his takes, as I learn more about the game whenever I hear him speak.

Glad I read the article; my major concerns after hearing his name were 1. Can he lead a team? and 2. Can he recruit? It sounds like he has a sincere desire in taking charge and being a leader. I was happy to see the tidbit about his father running a recruiting program. Very intriguing.

If anything, it keeps our name in the media and keeps us relevant. My biggest fear in this whole shitbacle is fading back into a mediocre, no name team that no one gives a shit about. I'd hate to lose whatever semblance of an identity we've created the past 6 years.

Saul Good
03-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I still think Mick Cronin should get a call.

ChiTown
03-29-2012, 09:14 PM
I'll bet $1000 Gottlieb isn't even under consideration. Does this REALLY sound like something our AD would do? Yeah, I didn't think so.

KevB
03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
I'll bet $1000 Gottlieb isn't even under consideration. Does this REALLY sound like something our AD would do? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I'm sure you're right, but it is interesting. Wojik can coach, but perhaps best role is exactly what Gottlieb has in mind for him. I'd guess he could recruit, assuming he's willing to put in the time and the work. That's more than half the battle. He kind of strikes me as a Josh Pastner without the assistant coach background.

Raiderhater
03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm sure you're right, but it is interesting. Wojik can coach, but perhaps best role is exactly what Gottlieb has in mind for him. I'd guess he could recruit, assuming he's willing to put in the time and the work. That's more than half the battle. He kind of strikes me as a Josh Pastner without the assistant coach background.

Pastner is my choice. He's making something like 1.7 mil right now. Don't dick around, offer him 3 and show him a commitment to him and the program. I'm thinking a 5 for 15 deal.

That being said, I am more than intrigued by this Gottlieb idea...

big nasty kcnut
03-30-2012, 07:28 AM
steve henson or lon kruger. please?

ChiTown
03-30-2012, 07:33 AM
steve henson or lon kruger. please?

Or not

Saul Good
03-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Just for the record, if Gottleib becomes your coach, I'm going to have to blast you at every opportunity about having to upgrade the locks in your locker room so that he doesn't steal the players' wallets. I'm not proud of this, and I take no joy in telling you this. I just want to be up front about what's coming.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Just for the record, if Gottleib becomes your coach, I'm going to have to blast you at every opportunity about having to upgrade the locks in your locker room so that he doesn't steal the players' wallets. I'm not proud of this, and I take no joy in telling you this. I just want to be up front about what's coming.

WILL TAKE

Saul Good
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
WILL TAKE

Gottleib would have been all "hey, I just found $200 in Jamar's wallet, hell yeah".

Come on, THAT's pretty fucking funny.

Saul Good
03-30-2012, 08:10 AM
You just found out that Jamar Samuels received $200 from a former coach. What do you do?

Frank Martin: Look the other Way

John Currie: Suspend him

Doug Gottleib: Break into his locker and steal his wallet

Jacob Pullen: Hook him up with a guy who will sell him $1,000 worth of clothes for that $200.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Nike could develop some backwards looking shorts for our team.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Sports Radio 810 WHB ‏ @SportsRadio810 Close
Doug @gottliebshow is on now talking about the K State job and if he is a candidate. He says "I dont know."

O.city
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Jay Bilas anyone?

ArrowheadHawk
03-30-2012, 11:30 AM
'Pants on backwards' would be an intriguing option for you guys. Might be bold enough to work.

KCUnited
03-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Sports Radio 810 WHB ‏ @SportsRadio810 Close
Doug @gottliebshow is on now talking about the K State job and if he is a candidate. He says "I dont know."

Guy sounds like he's halfway through a ball of yeyo.

Saul Good
03-30-2012, 11:38 AM
KSU should go for it. I think he'd land some strong recruits. It's not like John Wooden is walking through that door.

Even if he flames out, they haven't lost anything. You can always find a boring mid-major coach later. If you can get Shaka Smart or Brad Stephens, do it. Otherwise, Gottleib is a great choice.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Our athletes will be put on a rigorous 90 day training program.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 12:03 PM
http://810whb.com/page.php?page_id=98

Listen to Doug on 810.

ChiTown
03-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Guy sounds like he's halfway through a ball of yeyo.

ROFL - I got a similar impression listening to him.

BTW, if nothing else, he'd be great with the media, and kids could relate to him. Now, whether he can maneuver the nuances of the game during the season and at game-time.....I have my doubts. I suppose that is where Brad Underwood would earn his bones.

It's intriguing.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
ROFL - I got a similar impression listening to him.

BTW, if nothing else, he'd be great with the media, and kids could relate to him. Now, whether he can maneuver the nuances of the game during the season and at game-time.....I have my doubts. I suppose that is where Brad Underwood would earn his bones.

It's intriguing.

Wooly could maneuver the nuances of the game during the season and at game-time.

So could Doc Sadler, Melvin Watkins, Ricardo Patton, and Wayne Morgan.

College Basketball is 98% recruiting. End of discussion.

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
...although no one else has ever gotten the pen from Eddie Sutton in a timeout.

ChiTown
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Wooly could maneuver the nuances of the game during the season and at game-time.

So could Doc Sadler, Melvin Watkins, Ricardo Patton, and Wayne Morgan.

College Basketball is 98% recruiting. End of discussion.

I think you have vastly over-simplified it. And no, it's nearly close to being 98%

Saulbadguy
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I think you have vastly over-simplified it. And no, it's nearly close to being 98%

94%.

ChiTown
03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
94%.

:D

Al Bundy
03-30-2012, 04:19 PM
'Pants on backwards' would be an intriguing option for you guys. Might be bold enough to work.

The chicken all the way to the right on your sig looks like Howard the Duck.

Saulbadguy
03-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Fuck.

Imon Yourside
03-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Bruce Weber to K-State? WTF? is that a phog net joke or true?

Saulbadguy
03-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Bruce Weber to K-State? WTF? is that a phog net joke or true?

I hope it's a joke. I don't think it is though.

Imon Yourside
03-31-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope it's a joke. I don't think it is though.

I really feel horrible for you guys, You guys should protest it immedietly.

Saulbadguy
03-31-2012, 09:32 AM
I really feel horrible for you guys, You guys should protest it immedietly.

Working on it.

Imon Yourside
03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Jacob Pullen ‏ @Jpullz0 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I support kstate for life no matter what but I'm not a Bruce Webber fan and I think Kstate can do a lot better

That says it all right there.

Al Bundy
03-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Clean program hire. Not about winning, about compliance only.

Saulbadguy
03-31-2012, 09:38 AM
What a joke.

Imon Yourside
03-31-2012, 09:39 AM
What a joke.

I wonder if he'll have a mock funeral for Frank Martin?

Imon Yourside
03-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Jacob Pullen ‏ @Jpullz0 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Bruce Webber didn't think I was good enough to play at Illinois and I don't think he is good enough to coach at Kansas State

Givem hell Jacob! One of my alltime favorite non Jayhawkers....

If i were a K-State fan i would rather hire Pullen to coach than Bam.

Imon Yourside
03-31-2012, 09:45 AM
K-State should fire the AD before he can make this hire...seriously.

Dante84
03-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Kansas State has hired Bruce Weber to be its next men's basketball coach, Weber told ESPN.com's Andy Katz Saturday.

MOTHER FUCk.

KevB
03-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't think Weber is a horrible coach, but how in the hell are you going to hire a guy who just got fired at a comparable school? Fired because he couldn't recruit and completely lost his team this season? This makes me sick. I'd rather have Gottlieb with no experience. At least there's upside/hope there.

Sucky
03-31-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't think Weber is a horrible coach, but how in the hell are you going to hire a guy who just got fired at a comparable school? Fired because he couldn't recruit and completely lost his team this season? This makes me sick. I'd rather have Gottlieb with no experience. At least there's upside/hope there.

I disagree with the "comparable school" part. Illinois is a much better program (historically) than KSU.