PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Vontaze Burfict, JayRon Hosley fail drug test before NFL draft

ROYC75
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82895e07/article/vontaze-burfict-jayron-hosley-fail-drug-test-before-nfl-draft?module=HP11_headline_stack

Vontaze Burfict, JayRon Hosley fail drug test before NFL draft

The downfall of Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict added another chapter to its story Wednesday -- just one day before the NFL draft begins -- as NFL Network contributor and Fox Sports insider Jay Glazer reported that NFL teams were informed this week that Burfict has failed a drug test.

Teams were also told that Virginia Tech cornerback JayRon Hosley failed a drug test, according to Glazer.

NFL.com reporter Ian Rapoport confirmed, via a source, that Hosley failed his test at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Burfict has seen his draft stock plummet after a disappointing showing during the scouting combine, which followed a disastrous junior season at ASU when his weight ballooned as high as 259 pounds, and his total tackles dropped from 90 in 2010 to 69 in 2011.

Burfict did not receive an invite to work out with any NFL team during the draft evaluation process, and could possibly not be drafted at all this weekend.

Hosley wrote a letter to teams apologizing for his failed drug test, according to Glazer.

Dayze
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Morons

vailpass
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
It is widely known around town here that Burfict is a head case extraordinaire whose talent is outweighed by his lack of self control.
I wouldn't want that loser on my team even if we got him in the 7th round.

ModSocks
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Burfict built a name for himself. All he had to do was continue working at his craft for one more year and not be a dumbass and he woulda been guaranteed a paycheck.

Guess that's too much work for some people.

Bowser
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Burfict is doing all he can to ensure he plays ball in Canada.

Oh, and repost. This has been up in the draft forum, n00b.

Fritz88
04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Drop to the 5th round. We pick him.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

tk13
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I bet Burfict is going to be completely off some teams' boards. Just too many issues. He seems to be well beyond just having a couple character red flags that might hurt his value... he's a legit question mark all the way around.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
04-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I bet Burfict is going to be completely off some teams' boards. Just too many issues. He seems to be well beyond just having a couple character red flags that might hurt his value... he's a legit question mark all the way around.
Posted via Mobile Device

The guy is an idiot. Partied late the night of the combine and tanked the best job interview he will EVER get.

First came Mike Mayock’s strong, negative comments about Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict before the Combine.

Once Burfict got to Indianapolis, things didn’t get any better. His interviews with teams and the media were described as disastrous.

“I’m not sure any player here sparked a worse reaction than Vontaze Burfict,” writes Bruce Feldman of CBS Sports. “I wouldn’t touch him.”

“The guy is completely out of control. There’s no way you could trust him. I can’t believe they [ASU coaching staff] didn’t cut him loose,” one scout told Feldman.

Burfict cut his weight to 248 pounds before the Combine, but it didn’t help him in the forty-yard dash. He ran unofficial forty times of 4.93 and 5.10 Monday. That will draw some comparisons to Brandon Spikes two years ago, but Spikes is known as a heady, instinctive player. Burfict’s instincts have often been questioned.

Years ago, Burfict was considered a potential top-ten pick. Now he seems more likely to slide until the latter portions of the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/27/vontaze-burficts-rough-combine-continues/

ModSocks
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
I hope the fuckhead doesn't even get picked up as an UDFA. He doesn't deserve the chance or the paycheck for showing up to camp.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Burfict and Leaf will be sharing great stories of college football in their jail cells 2 years from now.

RealSNR
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
hay guyz chek out my mock draft i have the cheefs taking berfict @ the 3rd rond i kno u guyz r lik "snr thats insane' but who knos theirs to much talent their just to not take it we haf to try and find out and if it works out hes like bobby booshay on teh waterboy lol good movie go chiefs

whoman69
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Drop to the 5th round. We pick him.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

You must be kidding. I wouldn't grab this guy in FA. You're in for a letdown. He's a leopard that can't shake his spots.

Extra Point
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Burfict = Butt Hurt Conflict

Rain Man
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Burfict will be drafted by Sam Hurd in the fourth round.