PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How do we get people to stop going to games?

RunKC
09-30-2012, 04:36 PM
This is the only way things will change. How the fuck can we, the fans, tell these Chiefs ball suckers that go to every game no matter that we need to NOT go to games?

It pisses me the fuck off so see Arrowhead full whenever the fans need to send a message to Clark.

HE'S LAUGHING AT US:banghead:

jd1020
09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0bnzCnhsCQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In58men
It won't happened

petegz28
This is the only way things will change. How the **** can we, the fans, tell these Chiefs ball suckers that go to every game no matter that we need to NOT go to games?

It pisses me the **** off so see Arrowhead full whenever the fans need to send a message to Clark.

HE'S LAUGHING AT US:banghead:

All the way to the bank

Simply Red
09-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I tend to agree w/ this - i'd love to be able to maipulate that crowd, it's just there is no way - hell half of the tickets have already been purchased, anyhow.

Maybe we could get people to foil up and wife-purse their own hot dogs. And perhaps you all could start using the 'smuggler' sizes of Jim Beam and keep adding them to your 9$ soda(s)

notorious
09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
You can't fix retarded fans.

Bewbies
09-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Do people think this team isn't headed for an empty Arrowhead for the last 2 months? This team has blackout written all over it. LMAO

Simply Red
09-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Do people think this team isn't headed for an empty Arrowhead for the last 2 months? This team has blackout written all over it. LMAO

& that's when us in Atlanta will finally get to see a game, last game of the season - @ 1-14 :banghead:

wazu
09-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Kind of tough for season ticket holders. Eating hundreds of dollars worth of tickets each week isn't in the budget for many people, and for those of us who have worked our way into good spots in the stadium, it's even tougher to just cancel.

Bewbies
09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
& that's when us in Atlanta will finally get to see a game, last game of the season - @ 1-14 :banghead:

We got to see our only win last week... LMAO

DaneMcCloud

There won't be any blackouts because the local advertisers and CBS affiliate will buy the necessary tickets.

But, Arrowhead will be empty and quiet, which should embarrass cHunt.

Emphasis on should.

SDChiefs
Call in bomb threats to arrowhead every sunday?

Frazod
09-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Well, they've stopped me. I haven't been to a game at Arrowhead since 2007, and that was the MU/KU game. Haven't seen the Chiefs play there since 2006. Like I'm going to drive 500 miles to watch that choad Cassel play. I did go see them last year at Soldier Field, but that's local, the tickets were free, and it wasn't even my idea to go.

Can't remember the last time I bought any Chiefs merchandise - even Ebay knockoff stuff. It's been years. I don't wear Chiefs stuff out in public. I keep raping myself by purchasing Sunday Ticket, so I watch these turds suck from the privacy of my own den. I don't invite people over to watch the games or talk about it. It's just a private shame at this point. I used to be Mr. Chief - but people who've met me over the past couple of years probably don't even know I like professional football.

Bewbies
09-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Kind of tough for season ticket holders. Eating hundreds of dollars worth of tickets each week isn't in the budget for many people, and for those of us who have worked our way into good spots in the stadium, it's even tougher to just cancel.

Having your customers by the balls is a brilliant business model. o:-)

Deberg_1990
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
There won't be any blackouts because the local advertisers and CBS affiliate will buy the necessary tickets.

Emphasis on should.

Change usually occurs after back to back disasterous seasons....like 87-88 or 07-08

Simply Red
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
We got to see our only win last week... LMAO

yeah but how many times in three yrs? Twice?

FlaChief58
09-30-2012, 04:49 PM
It looked like there were a lot of empty seats at todays fuckfest. I imagine there will be even more for next weeks blowout

Agent V
09-30-2012, 04:52 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0bnzCnhsCQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I want Tom Hardy to beat the everloving piss out of Cassel.

qabbaan
09-30-2012, 04:55 PM

The tickets are a sunk cost, and what does it cost, $30 to park now?

Bewbies
09-30-2012, 04:56 PM
yeah but how many times in three yrs? Twice?

Are you talking games or wins? LMAO

Coogs
09-30-2012, 04:58 PM

Emphasis on should.

Don't bet on it. Happened against Cleveland in 2009.

wazu
09-30-2012, 05:00 PM
The tickets are a sunk cost, and what does it cost, $30 to park now?

Nah, you can sell them. Even if it's not face value, it's something. And the ones you sell you can pretty much bet somebody is going to be in the seats on gameday.

Rausch
09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I really don't care what anyone else does. I'm not about to pay a dime to see this $#it-tastic QB ruin my sunday.

If anything I'm going to get in good with another bookie and just bet against them every week. Then me and Clark both can make money off him not giving a $3it...

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
You can't fix retarded fans.

Arrowhead, meet flamethrower:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_acBLGsAWG08/TH3j3zBE7fI/AAAAAAAAALI/BmnDf7WgEfE/s1600/kill+it+with+fire.jpeg

Frazod
09-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Well, they've stopped me. I haven't been to a game at Arrowhead since 2007, and that was the MU/KU game. Haven't seen the Chiefs play there since 2006. Like I'm going to drive 500 miles to watch that choad Cassel play. I did go see them last year at Soldier Field, but that's local, the tickets were free, and it wasn't even my idea to go.

Can't remember the last time I bought any Chiefs merchandise - even Ebay knockoff stuff. It's been years. I don't wear Chiefs stuff out in public. I keep raping myself by purchasing Sunday Ticket, so I watch these turds suck from the privacy of my own den. I don't invite people over to watch the games or talk about it. It's just a private shame at this point. I used to be Mr. Chief - but people who've met me over the past couple of years probably don't even know I like professional football.

I guess I should also mention that this is how it was with my losing interest in the Royals. Of course, that was before DirecTV or the internet, so I wasn't able to watch them play if they weren't playing the Sox, and there was no support group to commiserate with. Just me and the shame of watching them get the shit kicked out of them yet again and relentlessly suck year after year after motherfucking year. When Brett retired, that was pretty much the end.

I'm really starting to not care about the Chiefs in the same way. Doesn't matter if I can watch them or don't feel alone in being a fan anymore. Decades of abuse tell me that the best I can hope for is crushing heartbreak when they come thisclose but fail spectacularly. And normally they just stink. Every level of the organization is shit, and the handful of talented players we have are wasted. I don't see it getting any better.

scho63
09-30-2012, 05:03 PM
I said a while ago to stage an organized boycott for 2 minutes of the start or the game or the first two minutes of the second half. the entire stadium needs to stay outside to prove they are serious, if not shame on you all and keep sending Clark your money to add to his pile.

MIAdragon
09-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Call in bomb threats to arrowhead every sunday?

pretty sure they bomb on their own just fine.

BigRedChief
09-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Don't bet on it. Happened against Cleveland in 2009.Yep blackouts will speed things up, we had a blackout and that's what finally got King Carl out the door.

pr_capone
09-30-2012, 05:06 PM

THIS.

I am a second year STH and though I have the cheapest seats in the house, I cannot afford to just burn that money. At least by making a trip up to KC I get a road trip and get to BBQ and scream for a while.

The ONLY thing that will make me renew tickets for next season will be if KC drafts Geno. Fuck Barkley, fuck Wilson, fuck Bray. I swear upon everything that I hold holy and dear... if Geno is on the board and we pass on him... I will burn every piece of Chiefs gear I own.

Rausch
09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I said a while ago to stage an organized boycott for 2 minutes of the start or the game or the first two minutes of the second half. the entire stadium needs to stay outside to prove they are serious, if not shame on you all and keep sending Clark your money to add to his pile.

Not a bad idea. When the game starts and they show the stands and they're only about 1/4 full.

Yup, that would send a message...

BigRedChief
09-30-2012, 05:07 PM
I guess I should also mention that this is how it was with my losing interest in the Royals. Of course, that was before DirecTV or the internet, so I wasn't able to watch them play if they weren't playing the Sox, and there was no support group to commiserate with. Just me and the shame of watching them get the shit kicked out of them yet again and relentlessly suck year after year after motherfucking year. When Brett retired, that was pretty much the end.

I'm really starting to not care about the Chiefs in the same way. Doesn't matter if I can watch them or don't feel alone in being a fan anymore. Decades of abuse tell me that the best I can hope for is crushing heartbreak when they come thisclose but fail spectacularly. And normally they just stink. Every level of the organization is shit, and the handful of talented players we have are wasted. I don't see it getting any better.welllll you did have 3 trips to the World Series and 2 World Championships in seven years to help you feel good about at least one of your sports teams.:p

KChiefsQT
09-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Someone should hand out garbage bags at the door. Fans showing up with bags on their heads might do the trick. ;)

MIAdragon
09-30-2012, 05:08 PM
THIS.

I am a second year STH and though I have the cheapest seats in the house, I cannot afford to just burn that money. At least by making a trip up to KC I get a road trip and get to BBQ and scream for a while.

The ONLY thing that will make me renew tickets for next season will be if KC drafts Geno. **** Barkley, **** Wilson, **** Bray. I swear upon everything that I hold holy and dear... if Geno is on the board and we pass on him... I will burn every piece of Chiefs gear I own.

If you must go at least dawn the correct gear.

http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/paperbagfan.jpg

qabbaan
09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't bet on it. Happened against Cleveland in 2009.

The blackout rules have changed, there probably won't be any more blackouts.

Coogs
09-30-2012, 05:13 PM
The blackout rules have changed, there probably won't be any more blackouts.

I see. What are the new rules since 2009? I thought San Diego was blacked out just a week or two ago at home.

FAX
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I see. What are the new rules since 2009? I thought San Diego was blacked out just a week or two ago at home.

You used to have to sell out. Now, I think it's just a percentage ... like 85% or something.

FAX

Frazod
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
welllll you did have 3 trips to the World Series and 2 World Championships to help you feel good about at least one of your sports teams.:p

Even though I grew up rooting for both the Cards and the Royals, as a kid I always liked the Royals better. I was born in Kansas City. The first game I ever saw was at Royals Stadium. George Brett was my hero and is still my all time favorite player. Even though it was painful to pick between them in 85, I rooted for the Royals (that's why it cracks me up when people try to piss me off with Denkinger talk). But at some point they just faded into nothingness. I obviously don't need my team to win all the time, but I do need to feel like they're trying, like the organization is committed to success. And neither Kansas City team cares about that. At this point it's fairly obvious.

Coogs
09-30-2012, 05:19 PM
You used to have to sell out. Now, I think it's just a percentage ... like 85% or something.

FAX

I thought that is what it was in 2009 too. :shrug:

FAX
09-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Hmmm. I don't know. I just remember reading an article on the subject this off-season. My impression (based on the article) was that this was something new ... the relaxing of the rules, I mean.

FAX

MIAdragon
09-30-2012, 05:22 PM

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/07/nfl-watering-down-tv-blackout-rule/1#.UGjTvE3A8no
Updated 2012-07-02 4:23 PM

The NFL no longer will require that regular-season games that aren't sellouts be blacked out on TV in the home team's local market.

This season, games can be televised locally even when just 85% of tickets are sold. The Wall Street Journal reports that teams will be able to set their own "seat-sales benchmark" – as long as it's at least 85% of total capacity – and when that benchmark is met, games can be televised locally. "To discourage teams from setting easy benchmarks, teams will be forced to share more of the (ticket) revenue when they exceed it," the WSJ reports.

Blacked-out games aren't a huge deal: Just 16 of the NFL's 256 regular-season games were blacked out last season.

But at least theoretically, the looser rules on blackouts could encourage otherwise hesitant teams to expand stadium capacity.

ping2000
09-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Clark, Scott, and Romeo's plan for reducing attendance is proceeding nicely. Be patient man!

BigRedChief
09-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Even though I grew up rooting for both the Cards and the Royals, as a kid I always liked the Royals better. I was born in Kansas City. The first game I ever saw was at Royals Stadium. George Brett was my hero and is still my all time favorite player. Even though it was painful to pick between them in 85, I rooted for the Royals (that's why it cracks me up when people try to piss me off with Denkinger talk). But at some point they just faded into nothingness. I obviously don't need my team to win all the time, but I do need to feel like they're trying, like the organization is committed to success. And neither Kansas City team cares about that. At this point it's fairly obvious.As a legitimate 4th generation Cardinal fan and speaking for Cardinal nation I label thee a bandwagon fan.:p

Coogs
09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/07/nfl-watering-down-tv-blackout-rule/1#.UGjTvE3A8no
Updated 2012-07-02 4:23 PM

The NFL no longer will require that regular-season games that aren't sellouts be blacked out on TV in the home team's local market.

This season, games can be televised locally even when just 85% of tickets are sold. The Wall Street Journal reports that teams will be able to set their own "seat-sales benchmark" – as long as it's at least 85% of total capacity – and when that benchmark is met, games can be televised locally. "To discourage teams from setting easy benchmarks, teams will be forced to share more of the (ticket) revenue when they exceed it," the WSJ reports.

Blacked-out games aren't a huge deal: Just 16 of the NFL's 256 regular-season games were blacked out last season.

But at least theoretically, the looser rules on blackouts could encourage otherwise hesitant teams to expand stadium capacity.

:thumb: Thanks!

ChiefsCountry
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Already paid for them, they already have my money might as well go. I don't feel like taking a $1000 hit either.

REDHOTGTO
09-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I quit in 06

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 06:43 PM
knife all tires night before

chiefzilla1501
09-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I loved the idea proposed today that the fans should just not show up for the first few minutes of the second half if Cassel was in the game.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 06:47 PM
or maybe just tailgate and leave it at that. It'll give 70000 baltimore fans a right good night in town.

Dayze
09-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Too many homers to ever have that succeed

Rain Man
09-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't think we can make a difference. The Chiefs are trying as hard as they can to empty the stadium, and it's still not working.

Agent V
09-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm seeing Louie CK live in St. Louis on Saturday, coming back to KC the same night. I think I'll sleep in Sunday and skip the game. At least Louie won't rip out my heart and shit on it, then tell me to come back for more the next weekend.

At least I don't think he will.

Frazod
09-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I should have gone to see Looper today.

Agent V
09-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I should have gone to see Looper today.

Fuuuuuck. Same here. Now I won't have time this week. Fuck you, Pioli.

Superbowltrashcan
09-30-2012, 08:02 PM
You know what else might be cool but likely impossible is if everyone there said nothing. No home of the chiefs no getting wound up on the "it's third down" either. Just utter eerie silence. But nothing. Say nothing. Go piss but flush nothing. Give back nothing.