PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 10 NFL Backups better than Cassel

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
this game blows, so I was talking to my buddy - Cassel's certainly backup material, but still mediocre. Then I got to thinking of backups who are better than #7 for KC. Off the top of my head, I threw out :

Shaun Hill, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Matt Flynn, Charlie Whitehurst, Tim Tebow*, Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell

Bowser
11-15-2012, 08:38 PM
You and your friend need to learn to count to 31.

petegz28
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Please don't give Pioli any ideas...

Bugeater
11-15-2012, 08:40 PM
You and your friend need to learn to count to 31.
Matt Cassel's back up is better than Matt Cassel.

Bowser
11-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Matt Cassel's back up is better than Matt Cassel.

The third stringer for the Toronto Argonauts is better than Cassel.

Bugeater
11-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Hell, for that matter, anyone whose name isn't Matt Cassel is better than Matt Cassel.

Deberg_1990
11-15-2012, 08:42 PM
David Carr?? ROFL

KC_Lee
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Yep that's what we need to do, go sign ANOTHER FRICKING BACK UP QB FROM ANOTHER TEAM INSTEAD OF DRAFTING AND DEVELOPING OUR OWN QB!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hammock Parties
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
David Carr is probably worse than Brady Quinn, man.

Titty Meat
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
According to this place Brady Quinn and Tyler Palko were better too. The only ones on that list that are better are: Orton, Moore, and possibly Flynn.

Dave Lane
11-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Yep that's what we need to do, go sign ANOTHER FRICKING BACK UP QB FROM ANOTHER TEAM INSTEAD OF DRAFTING AND DEVELOPING OUR OWN QB!!

I'd choke a bitch!

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM

No, weren't saying go sign a backup; just the fact that there are backups riding pine, making WAY less than Cassel. And they're better than him.

That's all.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
David Carr is probably worse than Brady Quinn, man.

I'd trade Cassel for Carr today, straight up.

Give 'em a fifth-rounder for sympathy.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
According to this place Brady Quinn and Tyler Palko were better too. The only ones on that list that are better are: Orton, Moore, and possibly Flynn.

You honestly don't think that Shaun Hill and Jason Campbell are better NFL QBs than Cassel?? You would take Cassel over either and feel good about the decision?!

Hammock Parties
11-15-2012, 08:48 PM

Henne, potentially.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Henne, potentially.

Henne, certainly.

Campbell and Hill, too.

Somehow, I'd feel better about Tim Tebow than Matt Cassel - at least he can lead a team back from the hole he'll dig...

RealSNR
11-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow, there are a lot of fucktacular QBs in the NFL today named Matt.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow, there are a lot of ****tacular QBs in the NFL today named Matt.

That's why I'm gun-shy of Matt Barkley : he's a USC QB named Matt (double whammy of bad juju)

AustinHorn
11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Vince Young is better than Cassel and he's not even on a team.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Vince Young is better than Cassel and he sucks so bad that he's not even on a team.

fyp for elaborative purposes

AustinHorn
11-15-2012, 09:46 PM
If Vince Young was QB the Chiefs would have a winning record.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 09:53 PM
If Vince Young was QB the Chiefs would have a winning record.

I don't know about that...but we'd have won against Bal and possibly Pit, so I guess anything's possible.

In the end he'd just fuck up our shot at finally drafting someone of our own...

Deberg_1990
11-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Cassel is awful, but hes faaaar from the beginning and end of the problem.

Look how he performed when he had a decent coaching staff around him. 2008 and 2010.

He wasnt great, but he was alot better than he has been the past 2 years.

The Chiefs are a completly inept, dysfunctional organization right now and Cassel is a product of it.

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Look how he performed when he had a decent coaching staff around him. 2008 and 2010.

The Chiefs are a completly inept, dysfunctional organization right now and Cassel is a product of it.

truth.

He's the most visible symptom of the problem, and therefore wears the largest target of ire.

Dylan
11-15-2012, 10:06 PM
David Carr = End of season LMAO

rabblerouser
11-15-2012, 10:08 PM
David Carr = End of season LMAO

1-15 would be guaranteed (not that it isn't a lock already)

Bugeater
11-15-2012, 10:10 PM
If Vince Young was QB the Chiefs would have a winning record.You some goddamn idiot goat roper or something?

Sorter
11-15-2012, 10:24 PM
LMAOLMAOYou some goddamn idiot goat roper or something?

RealSNR
11-15-2012, 10:26 PM

I wouldn't call 2010 a good year. The only stat he produced that was good was his TD:INT ratio. And while that's an important one, you can't be a sub-60% completion passer with a horrific YPA average and expect to skate by in this league. All that will do is let you win easy games (Chiefs had a lot of those on their schedule).

He didn't even show up in the playoff loss to Baltimore. That's when game manager QBs do what they're supposed to do. That's when they protect the football, don't allow their team to lose the field position battle, and make just enough good plays to give the team's defense a chance to win the game.

He's been nothing but a liability to this team ever since he got to town. He's not the only one, but he's a pretty fucking big one. The Chiefs probably would have won a playoff game by now if Cassel didn't suck even half the hippo diarrhea that he does.

Whatever. I'm not complaining. Ironically, the giant albatross he's been to this team for this long will be the most important thing that frees this franchise up to finally draft a franchise QB.

TrebMaxx
11-15-2012, 10:29 PM
I may take some shit for saying it but I would take T.J. Yates over Cassel.

Sorter
11-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I may take some shit for saying it but I would take T.J. Yates over Cassel.

WHy would you think you would get shit for that?

TJ won a playoff game as a 5th round pick. He's legit.

mcaj22
11-15-2012, 10:37 PM
guys like Colin Kaepernick, Chase Daniel, Ryan Mallet, etc are definitely better than Cassel

durtyrute
11-15-2012, 10:41 PM
There aren't too many number two's that are worse than Cassel.

Sorter
11-15-2012, 10:43 PM
guys like Colin Kaepernick, Chase Daniel, Ryan Mallet, etc are definitely better than Cassel

Brian Hoyer is probably better than Cassel.

That is just sad.

listopencil
11-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Can you guys name 10 back up QB's that are worse than Mark Asshole?

listopencil
11-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Has to be a #2 QB, not #3 or Practice Squad.

RealSNR
11-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Can you guys name 10 back up QB's that are worse than Mark Asshole?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266668

Phobia
11-16-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm an old man. I don't think I'm an NFL QB. I would get destroyed. But I guarantee I could hit our wide receivers in stride given 20 minutes to warm up with them and get some timing.

BoneKrusher
11-16-2012, 06:44 AM

i'd throw Shaun Hill in there a s well.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-16-2012, 06:49 AM

Tebow is better than Matt Cassel. No fucking doubt about it. Wobble ball and all, he still makes better throws, and his legs put him head and shoulders above Matty Turnover.

COchief
11-16-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm an old man. I don't think I'm an NFL QB. I would get destroyed. But I guarantee I could hit our wide receivers in stride given 20 minutes to warm up with them and get some timing.

Wanna make a bet I can throw this football over them mountains...

Woodchuck
11-16-2012, 07:44 AM
this game blows, so I was talking to my buddy - Cassel's certainly backup material, but still mediocre. Then I got to thinking of backups who are better than #7 for KC. Off the top of my head, I threw out :

Shaun Hill, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Matt Flynn, Charlie Whitehurst, Tim Tebow*, Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell

Meh... I know we hate him but I don't think so.

I would say Tebow, Orton, Campbell, Batch, and maybe Moore.

The other guys really really sucked as starters and I bet all of their fans would have rather had Matt.

Predarat
11-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Matt hAssHolebeck

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Tebow is better than Matt Cassel. No ****ing doubt about it. Wobble ball and all, he still makes better throws, and his legs put him head and shoulders above Matty Turnover.

Sure - he has a better winning percentage then Cassel.

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't call 2010 a good year. The only stat he produced that was good was his TD:INT ratio. And while that's an important one, you can't be a sub-60% completion passer with a horrific YPA average and expect to skate by in this league. All that will do is let you win easy games (Chiefs had a lot of those on their schedule).

He didn't even show up in the playoff loss to Baltimore. That's when game manager QBs do what they're supposed to do. That's when they protect the football, don't allow their team to lose the field position battle, and make just enough good plays to give the team's defense a chance to win the game.

He's been nothing but a liability to this team ever since he got to town. He's not the only one, but he's a pretty ****ing big one. The Chiefs probably would have won a playoff game by now if Cassel didn't suck even half the hippo diarrhea that he does.

Whatever. I'm not complaining. Ironically, the giant albatross he's been to this team for this long will be the most important thing that frees this franchise up to finally draft a franchise QB.

can't argue with a word of this ^

BlackHelicopters
11-16-2012, 08:35 AM
taco bell dump> Cassel

Woodchuck
11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
This won't be popular but, I think outside of Kansas City, the rest of America would call 2008 and 2010 good years for Cassel. Like him or hate him, he is in the top half of QBs in the league.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2012, 09:20 AM
This won't be popular but, I think outside of Kansas City, the rest of America would call 2008 and 2010 good years for Cassel. Like him or hate him, he is in the top half of QBs in the league.

Yea this.....like i said before, hes a product of the Chiefs dysfunction and the biggest target. Its no coincidence his game completely collapsed after Weis left. Weis and Haley at least got him to his "Ceiling"

He wasnt outstanding in 2010, but he was alot better than his is now. He didnt turn the ball over alot, his mechanics were better and he played with alot more confidence.

Haley/Weis > Crennel/Daboll

SAUTO
11-16-2012, 09:30 AM

WHAT? JFC top sixteen? No fucking way. Can you show any stats from the last two years that have him in the top half of the league?

Besides turnovers of course. Thought I should clarify that because you are a fucking idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
11-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Yea this.....like i said before, hes a product of the Chiefs dysfunction and the biggest target. Its no coincidence his game completely collapsed after Weis left. Weis and Haley at least got him to his "Ceiling"

He wasnt outstanding in 2010, but he was alot better than his is now. He didnt turn the ball over alot, his mechanics were better and he played with alot more confidence.

Haley/Weis > Crennel/Daboll Haley was here the first year and last year and Cassel sucked both years
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck
11-16-2012, 09:32 AM
WHAT? JFC top sixteen? No ****ing way. Can you show any stats from the last two years that have him in the top half of the league?

Besides turnovers of course. Thought I should clarify that because you are a ****ing idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

Here you go again dumbass. Where did I say top 16 ****tard? You are liar. Is there only 32 QBs in the league? Can you read? maybe you should stop responding to my posts because you are too dumb to get them.

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Here you go again dumbass. Where did I say top 16 ****tard? You are liar. Is there only 32 QBs in the league? Can you read? maybe you should stop responding to my posts because you are too dumb to get them.

quick math says :

NFL 32 - 16 = 16

to be in the 'top half' would mean to be in the top 50%, which would be the 'top 16'.

For those that found 3rd grade math a challenge.

BlackHelicopters
11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Hope Solo's decisions in life> Matt Cassel's decisions on the football field

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Haley was here the first year and last year and Cassel sucked both years
Posted via Mobile Device

Difference is, Haley tried to replace him before 2011.

You get tired of polishing a turd, especially when all a turd does is smear and stink.

Phobia
11-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Wanna make a bet I can throw this football over them mountains...
Never said that. I didn't even say I'm good. I said I can hit wide receivers in stride for free. Why can't he do it for $63,000,000?

King_Chief_Fan
11-16-2012, 10:02 AM

The list of names that are better than Cassel (starters, backup, 3rd stringers) are a mile long.

Worse is pretty short and they are on the Chiefs roster....Quinn and Stanzi....
How does one team have the 3 worst?

Deberg_1990
11-16-2012, 10:14 AM
I said I can hit wide receivers in stride for free.

You will be able to do this and can see over linemen who are 6' 4" tall, with 4 or 5 300 pounders up in your grill trying to kill you?

SAUTO
11-16-2012, 10:18 AM
quick math says :

NFL 32 - 16 = 16

to be in the 'top half' would mean to be in the top 50%, which would be the 'top 16'.

For those that found 3rd grade math a challenge.
This would be how a sensible person interpreted his post.

I guess he was comparing our STARTER to every qb in the fucking league and ranking him in the middle...

But I'm the idiot...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
11-16-2012, 10:19 AM
You will be able to do this and can see over linemen who are 6' 4" tall, with 4 or 5 300 pounders up in your grill trying to kill you?

Have you ever seen phobia?

He has a three hundred pound HEAD.
Posted via Mobile Device

okoye35chiefs
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
taco bell dump> Cassel

casseling

SAUTO
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Here you go again dumbass. Where did I say top 16 ****tard? You are liar. Is there only 32 QBs in the league? Can you read? maybe you should stop responding to my posts because you are too dumb to get them. I can usually communicate with people who are mentally challenged pretty well.

You just have the worst disability I have ever seen
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
11-16-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266668

No, can you find 10 back up QB's that are worse than Mark Asshole.

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
I can usually communicate with people who are mentally challenged pretty well.

You just have the worst disability I have ever seen
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 11:02 AM
LMAONo, can you find 10 back up QB's that are worse than Mark Asshole.

I dare you.

listopencil
11-16-2012, 11:13 AM
LMAO

I dare you.

I found an article:

http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/ranking-nfls-best-back-quarterbacks

Here is who they pick as 21-32:

21. Byron Leftwich, Pittsburgh
22. Bruce Gradkowski, Cincinnati
23. Chase Daniel, New Orleans
24. Brock Osweiler, Denver
25. Tyrod Taylor, Baltimore
26. Tavaris Jackson, Seattle
27. Joe Webb, Minnesota
28. Charlie Whitehurst, San Diego
29. Graham Harrell, Green Bay
30. Kellen Clemens, St. Louis
31. Matt Leinart, Oakland
32. Brady Quinn, Kansas City

listopencil
11-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I would take Os over Mark Asshole though. You guys just watched Leftwich play. Is Leftwich better?

listopencil
11-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Gradkowski might be better too.

rabblerouser
11-16-2012, 11:29 AM
I found an article:

http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/ranking-nfls-best-back-quarterbacks

Here is who they pick as 21-32:

21. Byron Leftwich, Pittsburgh
22. Bruce Gradkowski, Cincinnati
23. Chase Daniel, New Orleans
24. Brock Osweiler, Denver
25. Tyrod Taylor, Baltimore
26. Tavaris Jackson, Seattle
27. Joe Webb, Minnesota
28. Charlie Whitehurst, San Diego
29. Graham Harrell, Green Bay
30. Kellen Clemens, St. Louis
31. Matt Leinart, Oakland
32. Brady Quinn, Kansas City

Every single one of those guys is better than Cassel, except MAYBE Brady Quinn (who, by default of our horrendous coaching staff, may have suffered a series of career-ending concussions).

Byron Leftwich blew dust off fingers, popped those arthritic knees back into place and beat us in the rain behind a putrid excuse for an offensive line.

The guy who got thrown under the train is the only guy worse than Casshole.

TEX
11-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Every single one of those guys is better than Cassel, except MAYBE Brady Quinn (who, by default of our horrendous coaching staff, may have suffered a series of career-ending concussions).

Byron Leftwich blew dust off fingers, popped those arthritic knees back into place and beat us in the rain behind a putrid excuse for an offensive line.

The guy who got thrown under the train is the only guy worse than Casshole.

David Carr is no better than Cassel, but that's not really sauing much.

BlackHelicopters
11-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Lance's only ball>Cassel

Rausch
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I can think of two starters I'd put at his level.

That makes him equal.

Which means i'd take them over him just so there's some different suck...