View Full Version : Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 05:28 PM
@NFLosophy: RT @ChiefsCalibur: You realize that you still haven't explained WHY Albert wouldn't re-sign? >>Yes, and I won't. I'm not a reporter.

@NFLosophy: RT @DTLB58: Saying Albert won't re-sign, then saying you won't give a reason why, nobody will believe you >>I understand that. No big deal

Who, that is a professional wouldn't care if someone believes them or not? Idiot.
If he's not a reporter why is he reporting we won't re sign Albert?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
Once Albert re-signs with us, I'm going to town on this cretin. LMAO

Sorter
NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

RT @jackstack99: past is an indicator of the future >>What if you had info that said a player couldn't maintain past production?

Like, a fucking crystal ball?

ROFL

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 05:29 PM
So basically he is reporting that Albert can't play at the same level anymore but he isn't a reporter
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Pretty damn terrible. But I'm still holding out hope for Poe.

Wasn't Poe drafted later than pick 5 though?11th

I think Poe may end up being a player.I have little doubt of that. My hope is Powe will also develop.

CupidStunt
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Not that it SHOULD need clearing up, but no one worth his salt would spend 1/10th of the time this idiot has responding to Twatter beggers.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
So basically he is reporting that Albert can't play at the same level anymore but he isn't a reporter
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone want to forward this shit to Albert on twitter? He has a twitter, right?

Sorter
01-24-2013, 05:33 PM
11th

I have little doubt of that. My hope is Powe will also develop.

If the football gods pity us, both will turn into all-pros along with our 1st round QB this year.

Thankfully, Pollard is on the Ravens so they get the future wrath from knocking the Pats out of the playoffs.

-King-
01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Barry ‏@BMKCMO

@NFLosophy : i get it. I would take the tackle with the #1 pick. Dude is a beast

LOLOL

Sorter
01-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Barry ‏@BMKCMO

@NFLosophy : i get it. I would take the tackle with the #1 pick. Dude is a beast

LOLOL

Even Cleveland fans think this is fucking beyond moronic.

http://i40.tinypic.com/phk1.jpg

-King-
01-24-2013, 05:43 PM

@ChiefsCalibur @salacious_sherm Hypothetical...What if Albert's back issue were degenerative? What if it were a career killer?

Frankie
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Those of you getting all shook up about all these twitter shit, don't forget:

1- Most twitter reports are just somebody's speculation.

2- This is renegotiation time. *

3- We are fast approaching the draft season. *

*2 and *3: Teams with the top picks would sometimes "leak" fake stuff to enhance their negotiation and draft power. These guys over-react to the smoke and pass on their perception as news.

htismaqe
01-24-2013, 05:51 PM

@ChiefsCalibur @salacious_sherm Hypothetical...What if Albert's back issue were degenerative? What if it were a career killer?

If Albert's back issue were degenerative there would be a METRIC TON more smoke out there.

This guy is a shit-stirring fuckstick.

HolyHat
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
I called this guy out a couple weeks ago and he blocked me. It just makes me sick that he is allowed to talk about the Chiefs. Total idiot.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Quick, everybody panic

htismaqe
What the fuck is going on?

Keitzman just replayed an interview from this morning with RUSS LANDE and Lande was saying it would be ABSOLUTELY STUPID for the Chiefs to let Albert walk.

Isn't he the SAME GUY that's been saying we should take Joeckel and then get Nassib in the 2nd round?

This is borderline insane.

Titty Meat
If Albert's back issue were degenerative there would be a METRIC TON more smoke out there.

This guy is a shit-stirring fuckstick.

I just tweeted to him on twitter that hes a shit stirring fuckstick

htismaqe
01-24-2013, 05:55 PM

ROFL

Sorter
01-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I just tweeted to him on twitter that hes a shit stirring ****stick

LMAOLMAOLMAO

htismaqe
01-24-2013, 05:56 PM
It's Scott Pioli.

It has to be.

BigMeatballDave
These Fucking mouthbreathers can die and rot.

Pasta Little Brioni
Going to be a LONG ass wait till April. JFC I can't take anymore retardom.

Titty Meat
Boom he retweeted me

Priest31kc
What the fuck is going on?

Keitzman just replayed an interview from this morning with RUSS LANDE and Lande was saying it would be ABSOLUTELY STUPID for the Chiefs to let Albert walk.

Isn't he the SAME GUY that's been saying we should take Joeckel and then get Nassib in the 2nd round?

No Lande's the guy that said we'll take Nassib #1 overall.

Still borderline insane.

BigMeatballDave
01-24-2013, 05:59 PM
:wayne:

Pasta Little Brioni
No Lande's the guy that said we'll take Nassib #1 overall.

Still borderline insane.

:LOL: Nassib JFC

-King-

@stephenamritraj Chiefs have a very bright future. Pioli left a solid roster. A QB and new staff can make a quick fix.

HolyHat
01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
What the **** is going on?

Russ Lande has lost his mind too. Went on the radio the other day and said Geno is inaccurate....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME RUSS?

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 06:09 PM

Scared to put his ass on the line. Hypothetical. JFC
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
It's Scott Pioli.

It has to be.

Exactly. Has got to be
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
01-24-2013, 06:11 PM

@stephenamritraj Chiefs have a very bright future. ***** left a solid roster. A QB and new staff can make a quick fix.

Pioli didn't do shit besides Berry, Houston, Hudson, maybe Stephenson and Winston.

He ran off Waters, Carr, Pollard while trying to fuck us over with Bowe

Additionally, he was the catalyst for Cassel.

Pioli was Millen bad. How people don't see that, I have no idea.

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Trust.

These guys know what they are doing.

Don't know the whole story.

I'm only here till in back in the league.

Scott

Fucking

Pioli
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie
01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
I think he finally blocked me. :)

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 06:18 PM
***** didn't do shit besides Berry, Houston, Hudson, maybe Stephenson and Winston.

He ran off Waters, Carr, Pollard while trying to fuck us over with Bowe

***** was Millen bad. How people don't see that, I have no idea.

At least Millen eventually got a WR right. He drafted Calvin Johnson.

Pioli has whiffed huge on every single defensive lineman he's ever tried to draft.

htismaqe
01-24-2013, 06:23 PM

@stephenamritraj Chiefs have a very bright future. ***** left a solid roster. A QB and new staff can make a quick fix.

So we need a new QB and a new staff (which we already have) yet these idiots don't think we'll draft a QB?

Again, all of this makes ZERO sense.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 06:26 PM

***** has whiffed huge on every single defensive lineman he's ever tried to draft.

Millen>Pioli.

Wow. If you had said that 4 years ago, your mind would have been blown.

warpaint*
01-24-2013, 06:57 PM
It's very important that this happens. A rookie QB needs a quality experienced LT.

LoneWolf
01-24-2013, 07:02 PM
***** didn't do shit besides Berry, Houston, Hudson, maybe Stephenson and Winston.

He ran off Waters, Carr, Pollard while trying to **** us over with Bowe

***** was Millen bad. How people don't see that, I have no idea.

Just to be argumentative, but didn't you leave out Asomougha and Allen. Those two players will be the starting guards next season, but Pioli did suck. There is no denying that.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Didn't mean to leave out Asamoah.

LoneWolf
01-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Didn't mean to leave out Asamoah.

And I didn't mean to butcher the spelling of his last name. Do you not consider Allen a good young player?

Sorter
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
And I didn't mean to butcher the spelling of his last name. Do you not consider Allen a good young player?

He's not good yet. He looked a lot better in TC and pre-season. I still have faith in the guy, he's pretty damn athletic and I think he's going to (hopefully) develop into a solid ZB guard. He needs a ton more reps, which he should get and from what little I've broken down from the regular season, needs to work on his pass blocking.

Still like the guy but I'm not going to refer to him as a quality draft pick yet. Same with Dontari; I'm pretty high on him after not being a fan of the pick at all.

DTLB58
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
@Balbert76: Do me a favor everyone stay calm lol

Sorter
01-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

-King-
01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
That Albert account cant answer where he played High School bball.

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/6d991b502f7511e2a0d822000a1f9a12_7.jpg

NJChiefsFan
01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
This is certainly not going to be a dull offseason. These twitter/mock guys are going to troll the shit out of us for 3 months.

BossChief
01-24-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't think Albert is gonna go anywhere...but I think we replace Bowe with Jennings unless they have similar demands.

ClevelandBronco
01-24-2013, 08:51 PM
The good news: Albert wants to stay in K.C.

The bad news: Based on recent evidence, he's become convinced that he should be the starting quarterback.

NJChiefsFan
01-24-2013, 08:55 PM
The good news: Albert wants to stay in K.C.

The bad news: Based on recent evidence, he's become convinced that he should be the starting quarterback.

As of right now he should be the starting QB.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't think Albert is gonna go anywhere...but I think we replace Bowe with Jennings unless they have similar demands.

Jennings is done.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM

This gives me hope, as does his interview he did a few days ago. But I'm still going to rage every time a dumbass writes a mock draft where we take a fucking OT.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Jennings is done.

I don't know if he can't be productive for the next 3 years but I definitely wouldn't take Jennings over Bowe.

NJChiefsFan
01-24-2013, 09:07 PM
It's not like Jennings would be some cheap alternative to Bowe either. He is a gap filler as well. I don't like the idea of spending for a guy that is only going to help for a year or two.

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
So did we ever figure out what the fuck that guy on twitter was talking about? i'm too lazy to go back and read.

ClevelandBronco
01-24-2013, 09:37 PM
So did we ever figure out what the **** that guy on twitter was talking about? i'm too lazy to go back and read.

Brandon didn't really die of leukemia. If fact, he may not exist at all.

Sorter
01-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Brandon didn't really die of leukemia. If fact, he may not exist at all.

LMAO

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:40 PM
So we are signing a Free Agent LT, who isn't Albert. How can we even be talking to free agents right now? Me thinks that might be Pioli's personnel twitter account.

BossChief
01-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Jake Long
Ryan Clady
Brandon Albert

All three will be FAs and I would think that means they will all want one of the others to sign first...beingthis is the first year with a cap floor, one will probably be playing for a new team next year.

Clady already turned down a 5/50 deal during the year.

If Alberts back is gtg, I'd give him that in a heartbeat.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM
So did we ever figure out what the fuck that guy on twitter was talking about? i'm too lazy to go back and read.

What? You mean the Matt Miller bullshit where he said, "Sources here tell me Chiefs won't re-sign Albert"

BossChief
01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
So we are signing a Free Agent LT, who isn't Albert. How can we even be talking to free agents right now? Me thinks that might be *****'s personnel twitter account.

It happens. There have been years when the first free agents are signed within 5 minutes of the start of free agency.

I think it's more of a "we will let you talk to player x as a courtesy because we don't plan to re-sign him. We won't push any tampering stuff."

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
What? You mean the Matt Miller bullshit where he said, "Sources here tell me Chiefs won't re-sign Albert"

No the other guy, who's name isn't on there.

SAUTO
01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Would know shit kill himself if we signed clady?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
It happens. There have been years when the first free agents are signed within 5 minutes of the start of free agency.

I think it's more of a "we will let you talk to player x as a courtesy because we don't plan to re-sign him. We won't push any tampering stuff."

Yeah, I don't see that happening. Maybe some back chatter thru agents kinda stuff.

Still, if what that guy says is true, it's either Clady, Long, or Albert.

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Tend to think the guy is full of shit. His name isn't on there, why woudln't he just reveal the whole story?

BossChief
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
People were talking with Manning well before the date they should have.

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
People were talking with Manning well before the date they should have.

To Manning directly? Doubt it. To his agent? Probably.

RealSNR
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I would rather have Albert, but it would be amusing as fuck to watch him backpedal if the Donks signed Albert and we signed Clady.

He'd either have to admit the Donks made a boo boo or look like a giant buffoon.

Okay, scratch that. Look EVEN MORE like a buffoon.

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Don't care what he thinks, we won't hear about it till after next season.

NJChiefsFan
01-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm guessing he would tell us why Clady is overrated and why Tebow should have been drafted 1st overall after what he showed his year in Denver...oh wait. He is off Tebow now I think since he isn't a Bronco.

O.city
01-24-2013, 09:57 PM
IMO, the oline is about continuity. I'd rather keep the same guys up there and let them grow. That said, if Alberts back is a problem, I see them letting him go.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He may jump off a cliff at Casa Bonita, but we wouldn't knowmo

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He may jump off a cliff at Casa Bonita, but we wouldn't knowmo if he did

Titty Meat
01-25-2013, 12:21 PM
If theres a question about his back tag him.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Matt Miller was just piggy-backing.

I think it was that NFLosophy guy...

Frankie
01-25-2013, 12:53 PM

***** has whiffed huge on every single defensive lineman he's ever tried to draft.

T-Jax wasn't a TOTAL whiff. IMO, he plays like a DE we should have drafted in the middle of the 2nd round. It's just drafting him 3rd in the total draft that hurts.

And I do believe Poe will eventually be a stud DT.

Frankie
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
This gives me hope, as does his interview he did a few days ago. But I'm still going to rage every time a dumbass writes a mock draft where we take a ****ing OT.

I predict our QB will come early in the 2nd or mid to late 1st (trade down or trade up).

Strongside
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
If theres a question about his back tag him.

Yup.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I predict our QB will come early in the 2nd or mid to late 1st (trade down or trade up).

So Landry Jones then?

Titty Meat
01-25-2013, 01:15 PM
These people who want jerkoff are the same people who excused pioli for not drafting a qb because he didn't have a chance at drafting one.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 01:17 PM

I'm with you man and this is a very rational take. We aren't taking a QB number one imo. The talent isn't there. Who gives a shit what the "mob" thinks.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM

Let me go ahead tell you now that your prediction is wrong.

BigCatDaddy
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
T-Jax wasn't a TOTAL whiff. IMO, he plays like a DE we should have drafted in the middle of the 2nd round. It's just drafting him 3rd in the total draft that hurts.

And I do believe Poe will eventually be a stud DT.

He should be a backup at best.

O.city
01-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Anything other than qb at one who's "value" is right for the pick, won't even start for te chiefs.

So ram bozo or whoeve you are, you wanna draft for depth at 1?

whoman69
01-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Let's say we go ahead and draft Joeckel. How much are we really improving the team? IMO its adding depth. In the short term at least Albert would be a better player with his experience. You would think a team 2-14 would be able to make a move that would improve the team more.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm with you man and this is a very rational take. We aren't taking a QB number one imo. The talent isn't there. Who gives a shit what the "mob" thinks.

So if you're with the 'experts' then you think that the talent isn't there to justify #1 but it's ok to draft a qb at #4? Please explain that to me. Our need at quarterback trumps our need at any other position...regardless of best player available. When you need 3 quarterbacks before 2013 starts, you take the best one in the draft. Don't feed me this bullshit that the talent level doesn't justify the #1 pick. It does when you have a colossal hole at a certain position. If you've got a hole in your heart, the doctor doesn't cut you open and swap out your kidneys...they give you a new heart. Someone else has to die first (Pioli, Cassel, Crennel), but they get you that fucking heart.

Titty Meat
01-25-2013, 01:27 PM

Youre a dumbass

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 01:31 PM
So if you're with the 'experts' then you think that the talent isn't there to justify #1 but it's ok to draft a qb at #4? Please explain that to me. Our need at quarterback trumps our need at any other position...regardless of best player available. When you need 3 quarterbacks before 2013 starts, you take the best one in the draft. Don't feed me this bullshit that the talent level doesn't justify the #1 pick. It does when you have a colossal hole at a certain position. If you've got a hole in your heart, the doctor doesn't cut you open and swap out your kidneys...they give you a new heart. Someone else has to die first (*****, Cassel, Crennel), but they get you that ****ing heart.

I don't think it's OK and I wouldn't take one until the second half of the first if it were up to me. Preferably in the 20's...

Probably where we differ is inour view of the talent level of the roster. I don't see as much talent as most do. I feel we are picking #1 for a reason and it's because there is a whole lot of suck. I understand we have a bunch of pro bowlers but there are some serious gaps and we will be losing some pretty experienced free agents.

Our #1 need is talent and leadership imo.

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo that won't happen at number one.

O.city
01-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't think it's OK and I wouldn't take one until the second half of the first if it were up to me. Preferably in the 20's...

Probably where we differ is inour view of the talent level of the roster. I don't see as much talent as most do. I feel we are picking #1 for a reason and it's because there is a whole lot of suck. I understand we have a bunch of pro bowlers but there are some serious gaps and we will be losing some pretty experienced free agents.

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo, that won't happen at number one.

Yeah you're a mouth breathing moron. This building a team then getting your qb is full of patriot way bullshit

SAUTO
01-25-2013, 01:34 PM

its not the "mob" only that wants geno and can see how good he is. you cant see it because there is a guys bellybutton blocking your view

SAUTO
01-25-2013, 01:35 PM

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo that won't happen at number one.assumptions. which experienced free agents are already gone?

SAUTO
01-25-2013, 01:36 PM
AND OUR BIGGEST NEED IS QB

Sorter

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo that won't happen at number one.

But you're more likely to get that drafting lower when it is exceptionally probable that 2 or more of the QB prospects you covet are gone?

JFC. You have to be the dumbest motherfucker to ever figure out how to use a computer.

RealSNR
Rambozo: Go and tell your GM that we have been charged in the name of vacuous draft value with a sacred quest! If he will give us the #1 overall pick for the 2013, he can join us in our quest for the Franchise LT!

Drafturbator: Well, I'll ask him, but I don't think he will be very keen. Uh, he's already got one, you see.

Rambozo: What?

Frankie: He said they've already got one!

Rambozo: Are you sure he's got one?

Drafturbator: Oh yes, it's very nice!

http://im.glogster.com/media/4/19/90/0/19900014.jpg

BigMeatballDave

The talent isn't there?

Where was RG3 and Tannehill rated a yr ago from today?

Yes, I know neither of them went #1, but they went top 10, and NO ONE had them going top 10 a yr ago.

Sorter
its not the "mob" only that wants geno and can see how good he is. you cant see it because there is a guys bellybutton blocking your view

ROFL

Bowser
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Our #2 need is a QB.

This is a shitload of fuck.

This team needs a quarterback first and foremost. All these "draft gurus" can stand around giving each other dutch rudders all day long saying how no quarterback is worthy of the top pick, and neither you nor anyone else that knows this team should care what they say. Quarterback is the ONLY way for this team to go. Every other position can be addressed later, and I mean EVERY position.

When April gets here, and the combine is done along with all the pro day workouts of these guys, one of the QB's will have distinguished himself as worthy of being a top pick.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM

We don't pick in the 20's, though, do we?

Our #2 need is a QB.

Hey everybody, look! It's Scott Pioli.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 01:52 PM

Our #2 need is a QB.

See, we were getting along so well. You said some really nice and smart things about my mock draft. I thought your takes on BPA and this QB class were dumb as hell, but I was interested in looking past it all, simply because you'd be on board with a QB once we actually drafted the guy at #1. And that's all that matters.

But then you posted this fucking drivel.

"Our #1 need is talent and leadership."

Fuck you. Go kill yourself. I hate you.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM

Our #2 need is a QB.

Ideally, we'd like to get both together but, imo that won't happen at number one.There is a metric fuckton of stupid in this post.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM

Our #2 need is a QB.

I see where you're coming from but you're just wrong. You can have all the talent/leadership in the world but the bottom line is that in today's game, quarterback trumps all. If you're not getting solid play out of your quarterback, the line doesn't block as well, the receivers don't run routes as hard or block as well, the running backs deal with a loaded box from the defense, and your own defense is on the field too much to be remotely successful. You're not seeing the fact that when your quarterback sucks, it depreciates the value of the entire team and handcuffs it's players ability to make plays and use their talent to it's full extent.

We need a quarterback...the best one in the draft. Is that Geno? I don't know...but we damn sure arent going to get the best in the 2nd round. It's just not going to happen. The top 3-4 quarterbacks in this draft have potential as NFL caliber starters...after that, there's a drop-off. We need to address the position man. Your approach has gotten us nowhere since Todd Blackledge.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
I see where you're coming from but you're just wrong. You can have all the talent/leadership in the world but the bottom line is that in today's game, quarterback trumps all. If you're not getting solid play out of your quarterback, the line doesn't block as well, the receivers don't run routes as hard or block as well, the running backs deal with a loaded box from the defense, and your own defense is on the field too much to be remotely successful. You're not seeing the fact that when your quarterback sucks, it depreciates the value of the entire team and handcuffs it's players ability to make plays and use their talent to it's full extent.

We need a quarterback...the best one in the draft. Is that Geno? I don't know...but we damn sure arent going to get the best in the 2nd round. It's just not going to happen. The top 3-4 quarterbacks in this draft have potential as NFL caliber starters...after that, there's a drop-off. We need to address the position man. Your approach has gotten us nowhere since Todd Blackledge.

I know where you are coming from. I have been a Chiefs fan for 37 years and am almost desperate. I think you are a little desperate for a QB and you have forgotten common sense. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way and I think there are tons of Chiefs fans who feel that way.

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at. If you take a QB #1, you are probably taking a project #1 overall and that would be a big mistake. It's a mistake that would be big that it will not be made imo. Despite the rookie wage scale, people's jobs are on the line and no one is going to sign off on one of these guys imo.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I know where you are coming from. I have been a Chiefs fan for 37 years and am almost desperate. I think you are a little desperate for a QB and you have forgotten common sense. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way and I think there are tons of Chiefs fans who feel that way.

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at.

It's not about having a sure-fire lockdown pick. They don't exist. Even Luck and RG3 came with risk. Those players aren't in this draft but we have to nut up and take a shot on one of these guys. I'll tell you this...the level of risk in taking a quarterback in this year's draft is the same as taking any other position. There is NO CLEAR CUT #1. I'm not in at all for wasting this fucking pick on depth.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 02:14 PM

Drafting left tackles, going 9-7 every year, and never winning a playoff game. Now THAT is common sense.

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL.

That's because you're the pinnacle of football morons.

Fish
01-25-2013, 02:16 PM

When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at. If you take a QB #1, you are probably taking a project #1 overall and that would be a big mistake. It's a mistake that would be big that it will not be made imo. Despite the rookie wage scale, people's jobs are on the line and no one is going to sign off on one of these guys imo.

Regurgitated bullshit. You could say the same thing for just about any draft in the last 10 years. Good teams say fuck you and take the chance, because they know you can't win consistently any other way. Bad teams use this shit as an excuse year after year for why they didn't take the chance, and that's why they remain in mediocre purgatory.

O.city
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Drafting left tackles, going 9-7 every year, and never winning a playoff game. Now THAT is common sense.

That's because you're the pinnacle of football morons.

He's got us on ignore, no point in debating him.

Pretty sure he's trolling anyway. No one is that stupid.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Just read this and shut the fuck up...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/luke_joeckel_should_not_be_chiefs_no_1_overall_pick_in_2013_nfl_draft/12668917

the Talking Can
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
black bob's uncle turned out to be scott pioli

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Regurgitated bullshit. You could say the same thing for just about any draft in the last 10 years. Good teams say **** you and take the chance, because they know you can't win consistently any other way. Bad teams use this shit as an excuse year after year for why they didn't take the chance, and that's why they remain in mediocre purgatory.

It's not BS. I believe in what I'm saying. You just don't like my opinion it seems. No, I don't say this about every class. Sometimes it's safeties, guards, wide receivers or some other position. You can get mad if you want but, you should not expect KC to draft a QB first overall imo.

Sorter
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Just read this and shut the **** up...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/luke_joeckel_should_not_be_chiefs_no_1_overall_pick_in_2013_nfl_draft/12668917

It’s a tough year to have the No. 1 overall pick, especially for a quarterback-needy team like the Kansas City Chiefs. There’s no obvious selection, but there is one player they should stay away from. The Chiefs should not select Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel with their first-round pick. With the No. 1 overall pick in a draft, the goal should be to drastically improve your team from the year prior. By selecting Joeckel, that means the Chiefs would not re-sign left tackle Branden Albert, so they’d be drafting the rookie tackle to save money, not to improve their team from what they had in 2012. If the Chiefs took Joeckel, it would free up money with the intention of spending it through free agency or trade on unknown veterans, but the way to build a team is through the draft. The New York Jets have proven over the past four years that building off veteran players can be just as big of a risk as building on youth. The Chiefs already have a franchise left tackle in Albert, and while Joeckel could eventually be an improvement over the 28-year-old veteran, it will be a horizontal move for years. That would make Kansas City rely on signing veterans from other rosters, rather than signing the one they know. Andy Reid and the Chiefs should both know that signing veteran talent can be a risk. Nnamdi Asomugha was a bust in Philadelphia and Stanford Routt was a bust in Kansas City in the past two years. Just because a player can succeed on one team and in one system doesn’t mean the same will hold true in their next city. With the new rookie pay scale, veteran players also come at a much higher price tag than young players. That train of thought may seem to run in direct opposition to the theory that the Chiefs should keep Albert and eschew Joeckel. But there does need to be a balance between winning now and winning later. Albert presents the balance between those two options. The Chiefs know he’s good, he’s shown no signs of wearing down, and Kansas City can drastically improve another position while still keeping one of their best players in place. The Chiefs have enough needs — and talent on their roster — that by selecting first, they could change their fortunes from a bottom of the barrel team to a possible playoff team. The Chiefs were close to that level coming in to 2012, and poor coaching and terrible play at quarterback plagued them from the start. If Kansas City does decide to select a quarterback No. 1, it should be Geno Smith, but teams like the Seahawks and 49ers have proven that you don’t necessarily have to take a quarterback in Round 1 to find elite production. Unfortunately, there may not be a greater first-round need for the Chiefs and a player worth taking. Bjoern Werner and Jarvis Jones are possibilities for the first-overall pick, but Tamba Hali and Justin Houston already play outside linebacker in the Kansas City 3-4, and they may be the best players on that defense. The Chiefs could use help at five-technique defensive end and cornerback, but there aren’t any great fits there at No. 1. Star Lotulelei‘s best value will come in a 4-3, and if he played 3-4 defensive end, he would likely be a two-gap player not worthy of the honor of a No. 1 overall pick. So that leaves the West Virginia quarterback for the Chiefs. He may not be Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, but he would be an improvement over anything Kansas City threw out at quarterback last season. And while Joeckel will be looked at as the most sure thing in the draft, if he’s not an improvement over what the Chiefs already had in 2012, it’s a waste of a pick.

Boom

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
It's not BS. I believe in what I'm saying. You just don't like my opinion it seems. No, I don't say this about every class. Sometimes it's safeties, guards, wide receivers or some other position. You can get mad if you want but, you should not expect KC to draft a QB first overall imo.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9YsfnuuuKNo/UOXscWyR6qI/AAAAAAAAEag/btS3jLYy3-4/s1600/angry-conan.jpg

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Just read this and shut the **** up...

I respect that guys opinion but, I disagree that we must take a QB #1 overall. I'm not saying we should take an OT but, I wouldn't be against it.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:27 PM
I respect that guys opinion but, I disagree that we must take a QB #1 overall. I'm not saying we should take an OT but, I wouldn't be against it.

Lets just draft a punter. Colquitt is up for FA. We can save money by just drafting a punter with the pick.

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/tumblr_m268tn0OYy1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Lets just draft a punter. Colquitt is up for FA. We can save money by just drafting a punter with the pick.

Now you are being irrational. LMAO

Look, like everyone else in these types of forums I am wrong sometimes. For all I know we could draft Geno #1 overall.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Do you have an opinion besides "NO QB!!"

If we draft Fisher or Joekel:
-We have Albert
-We improve our team 0%
-LTs do jack shit (see Jake Long and Joe Thomas)
-We've already spent tons of high draft picks on offensive line

If we draft Moore, Werner, or Jones:
-We have two pretty good passrushers already
-We're consigning the #1 overall pick to depth, which is very definition of not getting adequate pick value
-Jones is a pussy with spinal stenosis, Moore and Werner are less elite pass rushers than Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are elite QBs

If we draft Lotulelei:
-Dude isn't a good 1-gapper
-Fuck you

Whereas, if we draft a QB:
Positives:
-Fills the most important position and most glaring need on the team
-The best possible fucking position if you want good draft value
-Gives the franchise some hope for once
-With the CBA agreement, it's never been cheaper

Negatives:
-Might bust
-????????

Fish
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM

I'm sure you believe what you're saying. Now you should consider why it's regurgitated bullshit that has no place in today's NFL.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM

You wouldn't be against it because you're a moron.

What position is the most important?

Sorter
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Look, like everyone else in these types of forums I am wrong sometimes. For all I know we could draft Geno #1 overall.

And your ass is off the board once it happens.

Three7s
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Do you have an opinion besides "NO QB!!"

If we draft Fisher or Joekel:
-We have Albert
-We improve our team 0%
-LTs do jack shit (see Jake Long and Joe Thomas)
-We've already spent tons of high draft picks on offensive line

If we draft Moore, Werner, or Jones:
-We have two pretty good passrushers already
-We're consigning the #1 overall pick to depth, which is very definition of not getting adequate pick value
-Jones is a pussy with spinal stenosis, Moore and Werner are less elite pass rushers than Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are elite QBs

If we draft Lotulelei:
-Dude isn't a good 1-gapper
-**** you

Whereas, if we draft a QB:
Positives:
-Fills the most important position and most glaring need on the team
-The best possible ****ing position if you want good draft value
-Gives the franchise some hope for once
-With the CBA agreement, it's never been cheaper

Negatives:
-Might bust
-Sets back team by 2-3 years if bust occurs
FYP......

At least that's what all the "true fans" tell me they're scared of.

Sorter
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Why would someone continue to post on this board if they were hated by nearly everyone and their takes were typically regarded as postings from the deranged?

I don't understand what kind of satisfaction he gets from posting here.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm sure you believe what you're saying. Now you should consider why it's regurgitated bullshit that has no place in today's NFL.

I have considered it. We've had one draft since the new cba and rookie cap was introduced. In that draft, we had four QBs taken in the first round. One was the greatest prospect to come out since Elway, the second would have been the first overall pick in most years, the third was pushed up about 10-20 picks, and the fourth was pushed up about one full round.

What most here are doing is looking at Tannehill. They are comparing Barkley, Smith, and Wilson to Tannehill and how he was overdrafted.

Here's the thing... Again, we have only had one draft under the new cba. I am not going to base my opinion solely on that draft. I think that is foolish.

Also, it's not just about the talent level of QBs. It's about the talent level of all the other positions too and the general strength of this class.

Again, you guys have tunnel vison and only see the QB position. The best talent in this class is not at the QB position.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Why would someone continue to post on this board if they were hated by nearly everyone and their takes were typically regarded as postings from the deranged?

I don't understand what kind of satisfaction he gets from posting here.

He's an immature loser that gets off on getting under people's skin.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:50 PM
FYP......

At least that's what all the "true fans" tell me they're scared of.

A "true fan" is someone who is unrealistic about our team. A "true fan" is someone who thinks a QB will instantly fix all of our problems like I Dream of Genie or some shit. They are delusional. They don't listen to the new HC and GM tell them this is going to take a few years.

Just my opinion...

O.city
2011 draft was under the new wage scale, IIRC.

RealSNR
I have considered it. We've had one draft since the new cba and rookie cap was introduced. In that draft, we had four QBs taken in the first round. One was the greatest prospect to come out since Elway, the second would have been the first overall pick in most years, the third was pushed up about 10-20 picks, and the fourth was pushed up about one full round.

What most here are doing is looking at Tannehill. They are comparing Barkley, Smith, and Wilson to Tannehill and how he was overdrafted.

Here's the thing... Again, we have only had one draft under the new cba. I am not going to base my opinion solely on that draft. I think that is foolish.

Also, it's not just about the talent level of QBs. It's about the talent level of all the other positions too and the general strength of this class.

Again, you guys have tunnel vison and only see the QB position. The best talent in this class is not at the QB position.

Oh, you mean garbage at the very top except for QB?

If you think otherwise you're a fucking moron.

Nightfyre
Any time you acquire a new starting QB it could set the team back 2-3 years. Therefore, let's throw away this year by not drafting one and wait 'til next year to potentially throw away 2-3 years taking a prospect who is probably not better than the one we could have drafted this year. But hey, at least we saved some money by not re-signing albert.

Love, Rambozo.

O.city
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
A true fan think BPA doesn't factor in need or position. If Green Bay was all about BPA and need isn't involved, why did they draft 5 or 6 straight defensive players a year after having the 32 ranked D?

Nightfyre
A "true fan" is someone who is unrealistic about our team. A "true fan" is someone who thinks a QB will instantly fix all of our problems like I Dream of Genie or some shit. They are delusional. They don't listen to the new HC and GM tell them this is going to take a few years.

Just my opinion...

Your opinion is shit. True fan is a well-established lexicon on this message board. So quit spewing your bullshit and GTFO.

BigMeatballDave

The QB is the most important position.

In this era, you have to grade it differently.

So, while Smith or Wilson may not be the top 5 best players, or even the best 10, in this draft, they are quarterbacks. That is the important part.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Any time you acquire a new starting QB it could set the team back 2-3 years. Therefore, let's throw away this year by not drafting one and wait 'til next year to potentially throw away 2-3 years taking a prospect who is probably not better than the one we could have drafted this year. But hey, at least we saved some money by not re-signing albert.

Love, Rambozo.

I am 100% for drafting a QB. I just don't want one at #1 overall. You must be thinking of someone else.

O.city
01-25-2013, 02:53 PM
He doesn't want the best available QB, he wants the 4th best cuz of da value.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 02:53 PM
A true fan think BPA doesn't factor in need or position. If Green Bay was all about BPA and need isn't involved, why did they draft 5 or 6 straight defensive players a year after having the 32 ranked D?

How Rambozo will respond:

I can see I have angered you, so I will leave this one alone.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 02:54 PM
I am 100% for drafting a QB. I just don't want one at #1 overall. You must be thinking of someone else.

Answer my fucking question: What is the most important position?

O.city
How Rambozo will respond:

I can see I have angered you, so I will leave this one alone.

Nah, he's blocked me.

Rambozo
Your opinion is shit. True fan is a well-established lexicon on this message board. So quit spewing your bullshit and GTFO.

Sorry dude but, I have to put you on ignore. I'm not getting anything out of your posts. No hard feelings. :thumb:

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM

I am not considering nor comparing this year's quarterbacks class to any other. I am evaluating the talent of each individual as if this were the only draft. It's foolish to compare drafts and quarterbacks because it gets you nowhere.

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
I suggest everyone put this tool on ignore.

Sorter
01-25-2013, 02:57 PM

There's a thing for universal ignore, what's it called again? ;)

Strongside
01-25-2013, 02:57 PM

No. He makes me feel good about myself.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I am not considering nor comparing this year's quarterbacks class to any other. I am evaluating the talent of each individual as if this were the only draft. It's foolish to compare drafts and quarterbacks because it gets you nowhere.

Good to hear. I think you are doing it right then. We just differ in opinion. :shrug:

Sorter
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM

ROFL

ModSocks
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM

you can't defend the argument that you put on the table.

Can you Explain to me how replacing Albert with Joeckel improves the team more than a QB?

How does adding a 3rd pass rusher with Major health concerns improve the team more than a QB?

Are these players going to make the offense any better?

I can't figure out your reasoning.

You are aware of how bad our QB position is, right?

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 03:01 PM

:LOL:

Rasputin
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Rambozo Dave has asked you this time and time again. Would you please tell us..

"What position is the most important?"

Fish
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM

We've had 2 drafts with the new CBA. But that's irrelevant. We can't base our strategy on any other year. Especially last year which featured the greatest rookie QB class in forever.

Most here aren't looking at Tannehill. He has nothing to do with this draft. All you're doing is making comparisons to other drafts, and using that to justify avoiding QB. But that's not how it works.

And I completely agree that it's not just about the talent level of the QBs. But in this draft, there aren't any other positions with standout players that could be seen as can't miss prospects.

So what we're left with is a class with no definitive standouts at any position. Since there's no standouts at any position, it lessens the allure of BPA, and puts focus on which player can best help the Chiefs' specific situation. If we look at the Chiefs, we see that they've heavily addressed the OLine over the last few drafts, and already have a well above average LT. What they don't have, is a single QB worth 2 shits.

Even though the QBs in this draft don't exhibit assurances as highly as last year's draft, it's still a guarantee that there will be one or more playoff caliber QBs from this class. Even though the risk is higher than last year with QB, the reward for getting it right completely dwarfs the reward for getting any other position right. While the risk of bust remains the same.

Fish
01-25-2013, 03:22 PM

Then you're not actually 100% for drafting a QB.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 03:27 PM
you can't defend the argument that you put on the table.

Can you Explain to me how replacing Albert with Joeckel improves the team more than a QB?

How does adding a 3rd pass rusher with Major health concerns improve the team more than a QB?

Are these players going to make the offense any better?

I can't figure out your reasoning.

You are aware of how bad our QB position is, right?

Good post and question.

We have a new regime. We don't know which players they value yet but, we do know their off season histories.

Andy Reid has traded in his first pick seven times in the last ten years. He has traded up five of those seven times to get the guy he wants. Unlike most coaches or GMs, Reid also trades players. That is pretty rare these days. For example, last year he traded for Demco Ryans and traded Asante Samuel away. The year before he traded Kolb for a CB and a draft pick even though he needed a QB. Hell, he even traded the player he grew up with (McNabb) to a divison rival. Reid doesn't give a shit. He will always go for the guy he wants no matter what. Also, if you aren't helping him, he is going to waste time with you. He isn't going to hang around and wait very long for guys to develop. If Reid doesn't absolutely love one of these QBs and really really want them, there is no way he will take one at #1.

Dorsey has talked about the Packer way over and over. He has been adament about sticking to his draft board and cited specific players he took when he did not have a need at their position. I think he's a pretty straight forward guy and has been pretty upfront about that. You can look for hidden meanings and conspiracy theories all you want but, I am taking his word for what it is.

Right now, Brandon Albert is almost dictating the draft. If he signs a deal, we probably won't draft a tackle number one but, we might. If he is franchised, there is a very real possibility we will take a tackle. I'm sure we would try to trade him and we probably wouldn't wait until next year to sign him. LTs aren't like WRs for example. He will have potential suitors unlike Bowe. LTs are hard to find. There are teams that need a LT who are not in a good postion to get one. There are two, maybe three guys in this draft that look like they could play LT. Take St. Louis for example. They have the #16 and #22 picks. If they offered that for a tagged Albert, we can't pass it up. We could take an OT at #1, a QB at #16, and LB, DE, NT or CB at #22. Note that per the new cba, trading a franchise players requires two first round picks in return. Say we keep Albert? We could still take a OT #1. This will be the last year of Winston's deal. Yeah, Stephenson played well but, does Reid think he's the answer? Reid values linemen on both sides of the ball above all else. He comes from the old school of thought that if you can't protect a QB then you don't have a QB. Furthermore, think about his experience in Philly last year. One could argue that a lack of o-line depth cost him his job.

Is our o-line good? I mean we know they can run block but, can they pass block? I know there are pff stats and all and they were ranked 7th but our passing game sucked. It wouldn't be "out there" to think that maybe our o-line was overrated. I trust Reid to watch the tape.

We don't know about Jarvis Jones medical history. I can tell you I am a Bulldogs fan and have watched every game he played in there. I don't remember him ever getting hurt and he literally plays as hard as Polamalu. He is hard on his body and intense as hell. What if he is fine? What if the physical goes great? Tamba Hali is going to be 30 years old this year and going into the downside of his career. If Reid likes Jones, I could see him trading tamba in a heartbeat. There are teams that would be interested and that could get us back into the first round to take a QB.

We are losing one, probably two DEs. We are going to need some DEs.

The point is that I am open minded and am expecting some "craziness" out of the new regime. I expect a vet to get traded this year. I am keeping an open mind and looking at everything. Getting back into the first will not be that hard. We have some talent that we can trade and we have the best pick in every round.

Make no mistake. I would prefer not to gamble on a QB falling to the second round and I plan on the Chiefs moving back into the first round. I see this as the most likely scenario. I think the new regime has prepping us for this scenario with several comments that were made about a 2-3 year window. If they can't get back into the first, they want us to be ready for it.

Sorter
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
So you'd rather draft Joeckel and Glennon/Dysert than get Geno or Wilson?

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
He's got us on ignore, no point in debating him.

Pretty sure he's trolling anyway. No one is that stupid.

It won't be long before he has the whole board on ignore.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 03:42 PM

What talent at other positions?

Luke Joeckel isn't elite. Star Lotulelei isn't elite. Jarvis Jones has medical issues.

It's obvious you're NOT considering the talent at other positions. Either that or you know nothing about football.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Right now, Brandon Albert is almost dictating the draft. If he signs a deal, we probably won't draft a tackle number one but, we might. If he is franchised, there is a very real possibility we will take a tackle.

It's quite possible this is the dumbest football-related post anyone here has ever made.

Is our o-line good? I mean we know they can run block but, can they pass block? I know there are pff stats and all and they were ranked 7th but our passing game sucked. It wouldn't be "out there" to think that maybe our o-line was overrated. I trust Reid to watch the tape.

No, I take that back.

O.city
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
The offensive line was ranked 7th, but they were the problem for the offense sucking shit.

I'm convinced that Black Bob is Scott Pioli.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
We've had 2 drafts with the new CBA. But that's irrelevant. We can't base our strategy on any other year. Especially last year which featured the greatest rookie QB class in forever.

Most here aren't looking at Tannehill. He has nothing to do with this draft. All you're doing is making comparisons to other drafts, and using that to justify avoiding QB. But that's not how it works.

And I completely agree that it's not just about the talent level of the QBs. But in this draft, there aren't any other positions with standout players that could be seen as can't miss prospects.

So what we're left with is a class with no definitive standouts at any position. Since there's no standouts at any position, it lessens the allure of BPA, and puts focus on which player can best help the Chiefs' specific situation. If we look at the Chiefs, we see that they've heavily addressed the OLine over the last few drafts, and already have a well above average LT. What they don't have, is a single QB worth 2 shits.

Even though the QBs in this draft don't exhibit assurances as highly as last year's draft, it's still a guarantee that there will be one or more playoff caliber QBs from this class. Even though the risk is higher than last year with QB, the reward for getting it right completely dwarfs the reward for getting any other position right. While the risk of bust remains the same.

The first draft was per the old cba rules even though it occurred after the new agreement was reached.

There may not be a definative stand out like Luck last year or Clowney will be next year but, that's always the case when there isn't a sure thing QB going #1. It hasn't happened much lately. Mario Williams and Jake Long were the last two that weren't QBs.

There is a ton of talent at the top of this draft. Far more talent than there is at the QB position. I think most NFL people would disagree about your theory that taking a QB would not set you back 2-3 years. It absolutely would despite the new cba. It's not about losing the money. It's about losing the talent all around and you are going to continue picking early over and over never getting anywhere.

You guys should not even say the word superbowl. We just need to put together a solid team right now. Soon, maybe we can win a playoff game but, talking about the Superbowl is ridiculous. We have been in this position so many times over the last decade that I can't believe the homerism at times.

SPchief
01-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Our pass game sucked because of THE QUARTERBACK

saphojunkie
01-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Good post and question.

We have a new regime. We don't know which players they value yet but, we do know their off season histories.

Andy Reid has traded in his first pick seven times in the last ten years. He has traded up five of those seven times to get the guy he wants. Unlike most coaches or GMs, Reid also trades players. That is pretty rare these days. For example, last year he traded for Demco Ryans and traded Asante Samuel away. The year before he traded Kolb for a CB and a draft pick even though he needed a QB. Hell, he even traded the player he grew up with (McNabb) to a divison rival. Reid doesn't give a shit. He will always go for the guy he wants no matter what. Also, if you aren't helping him, he is going to waste time with you. He isn't going to hang around and wait very long for guys to develop. If Reid doesn't absolutely love one of these QBs and really really want them, there is no way he will take one at #1.

Dorsey has talked about the Packer way over and over. He has been adament about sticking to his draft board and cited specific players he took when he did not have a need at their position. I think he's a pretty straight forward guy and has been pretty upfront about that. You can look for hidden meanings and conspiracy theories all you want but, I am taking his word for what it is.

Right now, Brandon Albert is almost dictating the draft. If he signs a deal, we probably won't draft a tackle number one but, we might. If he is franchised, there is a very real possibility we will take a tackle. I'm sure we would try to trade him and we probably wouldn't wait until next year to sign him. LTs aren't like WRs for example. He will have potential suitors unlike Bowe. LTs are hard to find. There are teams that need a LT who are not in a good postion to get one. There are two, maybe three guys in this draft that look like they could play LT. Take St. Louis for example. They have the #16 and #22 picks. If they offered that for a tagged Albert, we can't pass it up. We could take an OT at #1, a QB at #16, and LB, DE, NT or CB at #22. Note that per the new cba, trading a franchise players requires two first round picks in return. Say we keep Albert? We could still take a OT #1. This will be the last year of Winston's deal. Yeah, Stephenson played well but, does Reid think he's the answer? Reid values linemen on both sides of the ball above all else. He comes from the old school of thought that if you can't protect a QB then you don't have a QB. Furthermore, think about his experience in Philly last year. One could argue that a lack of o-line depth cost him his job.

We don't know about Jarvis Jones medical history. I can tell you I am a Bulldogs fan and have watched every game he played in there. I don't remember him ever getting hurt and he literally plays as hard as Polamalu. He is hard on his body and intense as hell. What if he is fine? What if the physical goes great? Tamba Hali is going to be 30 years old this year and going into the downside of his career. If Reid likes Jones, I could see him trading tamba in a heartbeat. There are teams that would be interested and that could get us back into the first round to take a QB.

We are losing one, probably two DEs. We are going to need some DEs.

The point is that I am open minded and am expecting some "craziness" out of the new regime. I expect a vet to get traded this year. I am keeping an open mind and looking at everything. Getting back into the first will not be that hard. We have some talent that we can trade and we have the best pick in every round.

Make no mistake. I would prefer not to gamble on a QB falling to the second round and I plan on the Chiefs moving back into the first round. I see this as the most likely scenario. I think the new regime has prepping us for this scenario with several comments that were made about a 2-3 year window. If they can't get back into the first, they want us to be ready for it.

TL: UR****INGRETARDED: DR

saphojunkie
01-25-2013, 03:53 PM
The first draft was per the old cba rules even though it occurred after the new agreement was reached.

There may not be a definative stand out like Luck last year or Clowney will be next year but, that's always the case when there isn't a sure thing QB going #1. It hasn't happened much lately. Mario Williams and Jake Long were the last two that weren't QBs.

There is a ton of talent at the top of this draft. Far more talent than there is at the QB position. I think most NFL people would disagree about your theory that taking a QB would not set you back 2-3 years. It absolutely would despite the new cba. It's not about losing the money. It's about losing the talent all around and you are going to continue picking early over and over never getting anywhere.

You guys should not even say the word superbowl. We just need to put together a solid team right now. Soon, maybe we can win a playoff game but, talking about the Superbowl is ridiculous. We have been in this position so many times over the last decade that I can't believe the homerism at times.

There's no such thing as a sure-fire pick at the QB. You're a fucking retard. You have no intelligence and have no idea what you are talking about. Do us all a favor - since your head is firmly up your own asshole, start eating shit instead of typing it on the message board.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM

How did it work out for the Dolphins to pass on the interception-prone Matt Ryan and take the "safe" Jake Long route?

"Safety" doesn't equal more wins, you fucking moron. It means you're only prolonging the misery and woe.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Let's say you fall down a deep pit in the middle of nowhere and survive with no real injuries. It's been a couple days, you're dehydrated, hungry, and going nuts. You figure you can stay alive for another week by drinking ground water and your own urine.

Somebody miraculously comes across you. They have some rope, but it's kind of frayed in spots, and in your condition using the rope to get out of the pit is pretty risky. You could fall down and sustain some critical injuries. The person says they're lost as well, and therefore may not be able to find help in enough time.

What's the riskier option? Using the rope to GET OUT of the fucking hole, or passing on the rope to drink groundwater and urine, waiting for days and prolonging your misery for who knows how long?

Nightfyre
01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh I get it. If Matt Cassel were to make a cameo on Man vs. Wild, he would be Bear Grylls urine.

Fish
01-25-2013, 04:24 PM

Why would busting on a QB be worse than busting on a OL or LB with the first pick? The money isn't going to be any different.

And you're pointing out players taken 5 and 6 years ago to support your notion that non-QBs can be valuable at the top. Doesn't that show you something? Your best examples happened over 5 years ago.

And you can't sit here and say picking the wrong QB at #1 would set us back 2-3 years as opposed to picking another position, and then follow it up with "We have been in this position so many times over the last decade". Why have we been in this position? Because we haven't tried committing to a fucking QB. Teams who don't have a franchise QB, and don't bother trying, end up in this position frequently. There's an obvious connection there. That's why it's so damn important to try when you have the opportunity. You get it right by taking a chance and using the top pick on the most important position. The position that provides the greatest opportunity for team improvement. Replacing tackles could make one position on the OLine better. Replacing a QB could make the entire offense better. We've seen evidence of this over and over the last few years.

Pussy footing around and hoping the perfect QB falls in your lap unexpectedly has proven much less effective than acquiring the best one in the draft. People have offered up clear evidence of this time and time again. The Chiefs are evidence enough of this. The best way to go from 2-14 to playoffs, is to improve QB play. That's not opinion.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Why would busting on a QB be worse than busting on a OL or LB with the first pick? The money isn't going to be any different.

And you're pointing out players taken 5 and 6 years ago to support your notion that non-QBs can be valuable at the top. Doesn't that show you something? Your best examples happened over 5 years ago.

And you can't sit here and say picking the wrong QB at #1 would set us back 2-3 years as opposed to picking another position, and then follow it up with "We have been in this position so many times over the last decade". Why have we been in this position? Because we haven't tried committing to a fucking QB. Teams who don't have a franchise QB, and don't bother trying, end up in this position frequently. There's an obvious connection there. That's why it's so damn important to try when you have the opportunity. You get it right by taking a chance and using the top pick on the most important position. The position that provides the greatest opportunity for team improvement. Replacing tackles could make one position on the OLine better. Replacing a QB could make the entire offense better. We've seen evidence of this over and over the last few years.

Pussy footing around and hoping the perfect QB falls in your lap unexpectedly has proven much less effective than acquiring the best one in the draft. People have offered up clear evidence of this time and time again. The Chiefs are evidence enough of this. The best way to go from 2-14 to playoffs, is to improve QB play. That's not opinion.

:clap::clap::clap:

whoman69
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh I get it. If Matt Cassel were to make a cameo on Man vs. Wild, he would be Bear Grylls urine.

wrong thread?

whoman69
01-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Rambozo trying to tell 80% of the board that they're wrong. Drafting a LT does not improve the team, it only saves us money. I expect a little more from the #1 pick. You go through the draft to improve your team and make it feasible for the long run. You might no like our Geno Smith answer but its the only one that makes sense. You're looking at the oline and ignoring Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn. If Geno is only the sixth ranked player in the draft does it really matter?

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Blackbob is no longer annoying. He's evil.

He's the kind of stupid that leads to terrible things in the world. The Holocaust. Worldwide famine. Child armies in Africa.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 05:05 PM
And your ass is off the board once it happens.

Can he take Como with him?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM

So, instead of getting the best option for our biggest position of need, we'll get the 5th or 6th rated slapdick that won't amount to squat. Awesome!!!! ROFL

HotCarl
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Rambozo trying to tell 80% of the board that they're wrong. Drafting a LT does not improve the team, it only saves us money.

That isn't true. For one thing, Joeckel's ceiling is higher than Albert's. So, although that in itself is not a good reason to do it, we certainly could feel strongly that Joeckel is going to improve the team.

Secondly, Albert is 28 - not old, but not young either - and has back problems. It wouldn't be out of the question to suggest letting Albert go and taking a tackle in the draft. It all depends on what the team knows about his back.

HotCarl
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
So, instead of getting the best option for our biggest position of need, we'll get the 5th or 6th rated slapdick that won't amount to squat. Awesome!!!! ROFL

We've got about 15 "positions of need".

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Be obtuse if you want. The team has enough complimentary talent to compete for a Super Bowl with an elite QB. Good thing their are potential talents available this year and we have the number one pick. Fuck Kiper and the rest. Anyone that wants to blow the number one pick on a LT and let Albert walk is not the brightest.

HotCarl
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Be obtuse if you want. The team has enough complimentary talent to compete for a Super Bowl with an elite QB.

Yeah, no.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 06:21 PM

And LT and pass rusher aren't one of those positions of need.

So take the QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah, no.

Alright dumbfuck.

How many teams have a number one caliber reciever, an elite runningback, a top 10 O-line, probowl caliber players at safety and corner, an All Pro MLB, and 2 high level pass rushers?

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Alright dumbfuck.

How many teams have a number one caliber reciever, an elite runningback, a top 10 O-line, probowl caliber players at safety and corner, an All Pro MLB, and 2 high level pass rushers?

The San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.

And boom goes the dynamite.

HotCarl
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
And LT and pass rusher aren't one of those positions of need.

So take the QB.

Best athlete available. More chances than not, he will fall into a position of need.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Holy balls, we've been "Kiper'd"

bevischief
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Blackbob is no longer annoying. He's evil.

He's the kind of stupid that leads to terrible things in the world. The Holocaust. Worldwide famine. Child armies in Africa.

You forgot rape.

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Best athlete available. More chances than not, he will fall into a position of need.

Not this year.

So... QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 06:36 PM

The best available player this year is a Quarterback.

SAUTO
01-25-2013, 06:46 PM
In one of those posts black bob said Bowe would have NO suitors.

Jesus dude
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
01-25-2013, 07:12 PM
That isn't true. For one thing, Joeckel's ceiling is higher than Albert's. So, although that in itself is not a good reason to do it, we certainly could feel strongly that Joeckel is going to improve the team.

Secondly, Albert is 28 - not old, but not young either - and has back problems. It wouldn't be out of the question to suggest letting Albert go and taking a tackle in the draft. It all depends on what the team knows about his back.

How do you know Jackoff's ceiling is higher?

Improve the team more than a QB? Fuck off, retard.

Also, Albert has missed 7 starts out of a possible 80.

Go play in traffic.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Someone IP check that douche

Saccopoo
01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Branden Albert ‏@Balbert76

Im just speaking from the heart and speaking the truth... came from the bottom to the top.... hell yea I have a chip on my shoulder #chiefs

Good for him.

Let's lock this guy up, draft Geno and move this shit forward as fast as possible.

With Allen getting a lot of reps at the end of the season, I think we're going to have a pretty solid line by the time the season rolls around. Albert and Winston are pretty nice bookends and I still think that Hudson is going to end up a star. Asamoah and Allen should be more than adequate at guard.

Let's get it on!

Frankie
01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
So Landry Jones then?

I hope not.

HolyHat
01-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Anybody read the article on Colquitt today? He mentions that he has met with Reid and Dorsey...

Albert hasn't said that he's met with them. Should we read into that at all?

Why meet with the punter and not your LT?

Frankie
01-25-2013, 08:22 PM
When I look at these QBs, i don't see one capable of being a top 10 QB in the NFL. None of them rally their teams consitently. Half the games in the NFL come down to the last two minutes and the final drive. In my opinion, the level of potential between the top three or four guys isn't very different. Maybe one will grade higher over time but, the difference in potential right now is not much. That's what I am looking at. If you take a QB #1, you are probably taking a project #1 overall and that would be a big mistake.

"Half" is overstating it. But this is a very good point. If you have a rare top pick of the draft, you better make damn sure the QB you take with it is capable of game change or game rescue. Is there one of those in this year's draft?

Frankie
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM

Drafting a game manager at QB will also have that effect. Don't you agree? Again are you sure we have more than potential game managers in this draft? If you convince me Geno Smith (or any other QB in this year's draft) is more than a potential game manager I'll be not only on his bandwagon but I'll grab the reigns.

HolyHat
01-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Drafting a game manager at QB will also have that effect. Don't you agree? Again are you sure we have more than potential game managers in this draft? If you convince me Geno Smith (or any other QB in this year's draft) is more than a potential game manager I'll be not only on his bandwagon but I'll grab the reigns.

Geno is much more than a game manager. Great vision, precise accuracy, calm in the pocket. He's able to progess through multiple reads without getting raddled. Can make every throw in the book. Whether its a timing route, quick route, deep route or fade route. He can make every throw, and isn't scared to do so.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 08:40 PM

Geno and Wilson have the potential to be MUCH more than game managers.

Furthermore, the only way you'll ever know is to DRAFT THEM.

BossChief
01-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Look at what Reid was able to do with guys like Kolb and Vick.

Geno, Wilson and Barkley all are better than Kolb and Vick.

whoman69
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Geno and Wilson have the potential to be MUCH more than game managers.

Furthermore, the only way you'll ever know is to DRAFT THEM.

If we listen to these tards we'll end up with Landry Jones

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Anybody read the article on Colquitt today? He mentions that he has met with Reid and Dorsey...

Albert hasn't said that he's met with them. Should we read into that at all?

Why meet with the punter and not your LT?

Albert said his agent has been talking to Dorsey.

HolyHat
01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Look at what Reid was able to do with guys like Kolb and Vick.

Geno, Wilson and Barkley all are better than Kolb and Vick.

Minus the Barkley name I agree. Kolb and Vick both have strong arms, Barkley does not.

Tribal Warfare
01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
You forgot rape.

and AIDS

Molitoth
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM

Oh jesus.

Geno Smith a Game Manager style QB. :rolleyes:

Geno Smith will Tom Brady/Peyton Manning you with extremely accurate short passes all day until the defense starts to bite, and then he launches it for a 50 yard TD bomb. This happens over and over and over and over at WV.

Game Managers rely on their running game and defense. You are talking 1990 football.

BossChief
01-25-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd take Barkley over Kolb or Vick IN A HEARTBEAT.

HolyHat
01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
I'd take Barkley over Kolb or Vick IN A HEARTBEAT.

That's a tough comparison. The reason I wouldn't take Barkley over those guys is because you essentially would be saying Barkley is your QB of the future. With Kolb or Vick those guys are stop-gap guys.

Nightfyre
01-25-2013, 09:20 PM

wrong thread?
Nope. Cross-thread action in reference to:

What's the riskier option? Using the rope to GET OUT of the ****ing hole, or passing on the rope to drink groundwater and urine, waiting for days and prolonging your misery for who knows how long?

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 09:34 PM

Learning curve.

You are overthinking this. QBs are given more time to develop than any other position and for good reason. It's the hardest position to transition from college to pro. While you are waiting to find out for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years for your mediocre QB to develop, you are missing out on real ones. By the time you do try again, the players you drafted after him are ready to hit free agency.

You can say we should draft a QB year after year until we get one but, that's not going to happen. it's not realistic to do that over and over in the first round. If you do, your team will get old or leave via free agency and you won't have anything but a QB. You aren't going to be the Colts if you do that. It's not about money. It's about the loss of talent.

You guys can dream all night and day but, reality is very different. I think most Chiefs fans get it. For some reason, there are a lot of people here who don't. Maybe it's the stupid first round QB in Superbowls argument?

If you are a Chiefs fan, you shouldn't even be talking about a superbowl let alone a playoff win. You are like little kids asking for a b-day pony. It ain't going to happen guys. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Learning curve.

You are overthinking this. QBs are given more time to develop than any other position and for good reason. It's the hardest position to transition from college to pro. While you are waiting to find out for 2, 3, 4, or 5 years for your mediocre QB to develop, you are missing out on real ones. By the time you do try again, the players you drafted after him are ready to hit free agency.

You can say we should draft a QB year after year until we get one but, that's not going to happen. it's not realistic to do that over and over in the first round. If you do, your team will get old or leave via free agency and you won't have anything but a QB. You aren't going to be the Colts if you do that. It's not about money. It's about the loss of talent.

You guys can dream all night and day but, reality is very different. I think most Chiefs fans get it. For some reason, there are a lot of people here who don't. Maybe it's the stupid first round QB in Superbowls argument?

If you are a Chiefs fan, you shouldn't even be talking about a superbowl let alone a playoff win. You are like little kids asking for a b-day pony. It ain't going to happen guys. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

You're absolutely unequivocally wrong.

A #1 overall pick, whether QB, OT, or anything else, is going to be given ample time to succeed, many times too much time.

The standard you apply to the QB is simultaneously laughable and absurd.

RunKC
01-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Learning curve.

Except this roster is chicken salad and not chicken shit.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Except this roster is chicken salad and not chicken shit.

ROFL That's why we are picking first instead of 30th.

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played? What about Palko? He wasn't even drafted and made it a couple of years.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Most Chiefs fans get it.

It's the people who want a QB that don't.

Just when I think you can't say anything more stupid...

"Most" Chiefs fans evidently don't watch football, it's all about the tailgate and BBQ.

REAL teams have REAL fans that understand the value of the QB. That's why they're watching playoff games while we're debating draft picks in October.

RunKC

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played?

ROFL

well Knowmo, we have 6 fucking pro bowlers, 1 that just went in 2010 and another who has been screwed.

The QB's and HC fucked the team. It happens.

htismaqe

Also, Think about how long we stuck with Brodie Croyle? How much has Stanzi played? What about Palko? He wasn't even drafted and made it a couple of years.

Brodie Croyle started ONE SEASON.

You're a moron.

HolyHat
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Most Chiefs fans get it.

It's the people who want a QB that don't.

Just when I think you can't say anything more stupid...

"Most" Chiefs fans evidently don't watch football, it's all about the tailgate and BBQ.

REAL teams have REAL fans that understand the value of the QB. That's why they're watching playoff games while we're debating draft picks in October.

Agreed, we have one the dumbest fan bases in football.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
well Knowmo, we have 6 fucking pro bowlers, 1 that just went in 2010 and another who has been screwed.

The QB's and HC fucked the team. It happens.

:clap::clap::clap:

Lets waste another year or 3 of those Pro bowlers careers by taking a left fucking tackle,

RunKC
01-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Chiefs get Wilson/Geno at 1 and other impact players like one of the many CB's in round 2, we're in the playoff discussion next fall.

Enjoy your 2 more years of Bronco fun Knowmo, because the Chiefs have a competent staff for the first time since the 90's and we're gonna take over the division.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 09:58 PM
well Knowmo, we have 6 ****ing pro bowlers, 1 that just went in 2010 and another who has been screwed.

The QB's and HC ****ed the team. It happens.

On defense, we need a CB, 2 DEs, a MLB, and a FS. What about offense? Do we have a WR under contract that can catch? How about a TE that can stay healthy? What about a LT? Do we have one of those under contract? How about an o-line that can pass block? What about a center?

Before you start with the Powe and Bailey etc. BS, just think about how they couldn't get on the field on a 2-14 team. Romeo has been coaching in this league forever. yeah, it didn't work out but he's not a dumbass.

You really think a QB is going to fix everything homer?

HolyHat
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM

Yes

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
On defense, we need a CB, 2 DEs, a MLB, and a FS. What about offense? Do we have a WR under contract that can catch? How about a TE that can stay healthy? What about a LT? Do we have one of those under contract? How about an o-line that can pass block? What about a center?

Before you start with the Powe and Bailey etc. BS, just think about how they couldn't get on the field on a 2-14 team. Romeo has been coaching in this league forever. yeah, it didn't work out but he's not a dumbass.

Here we go with the BS again. Bowe can't catch, Albert isn't signed.

Go the fuck away.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Agreed, we have one the dumbest fan bases in football.

Evidently we do. At least here....

This place is just one big QB tree farm. You can just grab a basket, walk up to a tree, and pick as many franchise QBs as you like. It's just peachy keen and as good as it gets. There are no bad ones. Only good ones. Even a blind guy can do it. :clap:

RunKC
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM

Bowe caught 15 TD's you stupid fuck. Your Bronco WR's had way more drops than Bowe did this year.

Jackson will be back with a new deal with far less money.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Bowe caught 15 TD's you stupid ****. Your Bronco WR's had way more drops than Bowe did this year.

Jackson will be back with a new deal with far less money.

Is Bowe under contract? Do you really think he'll sign with us? Are you sure Reid would want him? Is that a lock. Keep dreaming dude.

Also, I hate the Broncos.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Evidently we do. At least here....

This place is just one big QB tree farm. You can just grab a basket, walk up to a tree, and pick as many franchise QBs as you like. It's just peachy keen and as good as it gets. There are no bad ones. Only good ones. Even a blind guy can do it. :clap:

Yeah, that's not even remotely close to the truth.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Is Bowe under contract? Do you really think he'll sign with us? Are you sure Reid would want him? Is that a lock. Keep dreaming dude.

Also, I hate the Broncos.

Of course Reid will want him.

Unlike you, he knows what good WRs look like.

Hootie
01-25-2013, 10:16 PM
all I know is if we take a QB at #1, any QB, and he busts I will forgive Reid and Dorsey

if we take anyone else and settle for an Alex Smith and we suck again I'll hate them

tired of retreads

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Rambozo has just regained the lead for poster most likely to swallow elephant semen at the next tailgate.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 10:18 PM
all I know is if we take a QB at #1, any QB, and he busts I will forgive Reid and Dorsey

if we take anyone else and settle for an Alex Smith and we suck again I'll hate them

tired of retreads

Yep.

It's amazing that after 30 years of playing it safe in the draft and free agency, after 20 years with ZERO playoff wins, that a fanbase is STILL so scared of taking a risk.

Hootie
01-25-2013, 10:21 PM
even if they think BPA non QB at #1 and Alex Smith is our best chance I hope they give the fan base one freaking bone in my life and just take a QB so we can at least take all of this momentum they've given us to start the offseason and start a season fresh with a little fucking optimism for once

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 10:32 PM

tired of retreads

Yeah but, Clark won't. I think that has been proven. It's not your money and it's not your job on the line. Think about it. Half of a GM's decison on a draft pick comes down to him watching his ass. The longer they've been there, the more they gamble.

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 10:33 PM
even if they think BPA non QB at #1 and Alex Smith is our best chance I hope they give the fan base one freaking bone in my life and just take a QB so we can at least take all of this momentum they've given us to start the offseason and start a season fresh with a little ****ing optimism for once

They will take a QB in the draft. I am sure of that. I really think it will be in the first round but, it won't be at #1 overall.

Hootie
01-25-2013, 10:35 PM
I'll wait to see how the first 34 picks play out but if we don't have 1 QB by then and 1 QB I like I'm going to be irritated and I usually don't get irritated on draft day because I realize it's a crapshoot and teams like Seattle who HAD THE WORST DRAFT EVER!! doesn't mean shit until you actually see the players play

shit, everyone on this board LOVED the Johnny Baldwin pick

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 10:36 PM
They will take a QB in the draft. I am sure of that. I really think it will be in the first round but, it won't be at #1 overall.

:doh!:

Rambozo
01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
I'll wait to see how the first 34 picks play out but if we don't have 1 QB by then and 1 QB I like I'm going to be irritated and I usually don't get irritated on draft day because I realize it's a crapshoot and teams like Seattle who HAD THE WORST DRAFT EVER!! doesn't mean shit until you actually see the players play

shit, everyone on this board LOVED the Johnny Baldwin pick

I am with you. I expect one in the first 34 picks.

I hated the Baldwin pick and wanted Phil Taylor or Gabe Carimi. However, neither of them have been very good either.

Bump
01-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh good now we can finally move Albert to OG and draft that OT Joekul or whatever his name is!!

/people suffering from TSF

BigCatDaddy
01-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Learning curve.

You did see that Blaine Gabbert got yanked before he even finished year 2? With the new CBA teams aren't shelling out big bucks for top of the draft QB's so it's much easier to pull the plug earlier then it used to be.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 11:16 PM
You did see that Blaine Gabbert got yanked before he even finished year 2?

Don't bother. He lives in his own world where QBs are scary and 1st round playoff losses are the bee's knees.

Frankie
01-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Bowe caught 15 TD's you stupid ****. Your Bronco WR's had way more drops than Bowe did this year.

I believe he said WRs "under contract." I wish posters here would take time to think before posting insults.

And I believe he said he's been a fan of the Chiefs for 37 years. That rules out knowmo.

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 11:18 PM
I believe he said WRs "under contract." I wish posters here would take time to think before posting insults.

And I believe he said he's been a fan of the Chiefs for 37 years. That rules out knowmo.

Doesn't rule out being a complete moron though.

Frankie
01-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Rambozo has just regained the lead for poster most likely to swallow elephant semen at the next tailgate.

Oh he's Republican? Oops I forgot this is not DC. :evil:

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 11:23 PM

A QB in this league fixes everything for most teams. The Chiefs have the potential to be no different than the Andrew Luck Colts, Kurt Warner Cardinals, or the Brett Favre Vikings

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah but, Clark won't. I think that has been proven. It's not your money and it's not your job on the line. Think about it. Half of a GM's decison on a draft pick comes down to him watching his ass. The longer they've been there, the more they gamble.

Is that why new GMs with the potential to draft a QB in the first round take a guy nearly 100% of the time? :spock:

Do you think the guy who inherited the 0-16 Lions said, "Can't take Matthew Stafford because our entire defense is terrible!"

Should the only teams who draft QBs be like the Bill Cowher Steelers in 2004 with EVERYTHING in place before they put in the QB?

RealSNR
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM

Quit defending him, dude. He does this shit in all fucking threads.

This thread is about how Albert's agent is in talks with Dorsey and Reid, and how Albert WANTS TO BE BACK IN KC. And then Rambozo says, "People mention LT as a need because Donald Stephenson is our only LT under contract."

htismaqe
01-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Should the only teams who draft QBs be like the Bill Cowher Steelers in 2004 with EVERYTHING in place before they put in the QB?

Gotta love the 15-year plan.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Groundhog day. Every QB the Chiefs "could" take is a worthless piece of shit, but anyone unattainable is "can't miss". "He's no Marino!!!!" "Hey we can always wait till next year till ______ comes out"/every year since the stone ages apparently.

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Learning curve.

My daughter got a pony for her birthday.

Once again you are fucking wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
My daughter got a pony for her birthday.

Once again you are fucking wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device

BB got a cumshot in the eye from Uncle Jr.

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 09:13 AM

Croyle started less than a season. Palko started a couple games, Stanzi none.

What's your point again?

We were and have been getting qb's while they were here.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 09:16 AM

Do you want us to take a LT at one THEN pay another future first and then some to trade up and get qb?

When you think there isn't one good enough to take one overall? But it would be worth giving up MULTIPLE PICKS?

JFC you ain't too smart
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
01-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Croyle started less than a season. Palko started a couple games, Stanzi none.

What's your point again?

We were and have been getting qb's while they were here.
Posted via Mobile Device

He's so stupid, he'd blow the number one overall on a LT THEN use a 2nd plus likely next years 1st picks to move up back into the first for the 4th or 5th QB option rather than take the best with the first pick and fill another position of need in round 2.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Do you want us to take a LT at one THEN pay another future first and then done to trade up and get qb?

When you think there isn't one good enough to take one overall? But it would be worth giving up MULTIPLE PICKS?

JFC you ain't too smart
Posted via Mobile Device

....or this. Great minds.

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 09:18 AM

I hated the Baldwin pick and wanted Phil Taylor or Gabe Carimi. However, neither of them have been very good either.
There aren't 34 picks in the first round.

Three posts ago you said you expected to pick one in the first, just not at one.

Which is it?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 09:20 AM

And I believe he said he's been a fan of the Chiefs for 37 years. That rules out knowmo. it's because he hates Bowe.

He thinks no one will try to sign Bowe.

He said Bowe will have NO suitors.

And you are defending him..ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
....or this. Great minds.

Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
He's so stupid, he'd blow the number one overall on a LT THEN use a 2nd plus likely next years 1st picks to move up back into the first for the 4th or 5th QB option rather than take the best with the first pick and fill another position of need in round 2.

We could get a STUD LEFT TACKLE in next year's draft, except that he's trading away next year's #1...

htismaqe
01-26-2013, 09:42 AM
There aren't 34 picks in the first round.

Three posts ago you said you expected to pick one in the first, just not at one.

Which is it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Stop it.

You'll get him confused and then he'll start lashing out again.

The board doesn't need a 2nd "I'm sorry, I just want to co-exist" thread in less than a week.

siberian khatru
01-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Stop it.

You'll get him confused and then he'll start lashing out again.

The board doesn't need a 2nd "I'm sorry, I just want to co-exist" thread in less than a week.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DRZxek8rwNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2013, 09:55 AM

I'm assuming this turd herder has me on ignore because he won't answer my question.

HotCarl
01-26-2013, 10:03 AM
This Rambozo guy is a real dumbass

SAUTO
01-26-2013, 10:06 AM
This Rambozo guy is a real dumbass

Pot meet kettle
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Pot meet kettle
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO I was going to post the same thing.