PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: non-QB players you'd like to see drafted by KC.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Forum's slowing down tonight.

So.. name five players you'd really like to see as Chiefs. QB is not allowed to be mentioned -- this board is way too Geno-centric right now. It's time to have debates over non-QBs.

Here's five I've loved. No order.

1. DE Margus Hunt, SMU

This guy was on my radar before the Combine that he single-handedly dominated. He is basically Jason Pierre Paul. Outstanding size, unreal speed. Total powerhouse with long arms. He'll be available at the top of the 2nd, maybe.

2. WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

I thought Patton ran very well at the Combine. Lots of good route runners in this draft but I think Patton's among the more underrated.

3. RB Johnathan Franklin, UCLA

Franklin's a pretty good player, but his head coach personally emailed the hosts of NFL Network to tell them he was the best person he's ever coached. If he's available in the midrounds, I say add him to the stable.

4. ILB Sio Moore, Connecticut

Could be an interesting third rounder. Moore is super athletic and surprisingly strong. He's built to be more of a 4-3 guy, and would honestly be more of a Will backer than a Mike backer. I just like him.

5. OG J.C. Tretter, Cornell

Came to Cornell as a 240 lbs tight end. Bulked up sixty pounds to become their anchor left tackle. I think he's an extremely good option for a 6th round pick if you're looking for interior line depth.

O.city
02-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Ogeltree

Bostic

NT from Mis southern

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:33 AM
What's everybody think about 370 lbs TJ Barnes from Georgia Tech?

Bowser
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Any chance at Zaviar Gooden in the fourth? I didn't see it, but word is he represented himself well in Indy. Wouldn't mind putting him beside DJ and see what he could do.

Looking at his stats, he may not last that long...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82769&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

O.city
02-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Patton is intriguing. Same with WR from Clemson.

I like gillislee as well.

Ceej
02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Colquitt's replacement.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM
Any chance at Zaviar Gooden in the fourth? I didn't see it, but word is he represented himself well in Indy. Wouldn't mind putting him beside DJ and see what he could do.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82769&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

Nope. If you break 4.5 at 235 lbs, you're not lasting to the 4th round.

Somebody will fall in love.

Besides, he's more of a DJ type anyway.

That ILB position in the 3-4 needs a piano player, and a piano lifter.

We are in search of a piano lifter.

Bowser
02-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Should we go corner or receiver in the second? Common sense says corner, but damn, there are going to be some talented wide outs sitting there when we pick, and it's not like we are stacked at that position. Tayvon Austin would be a no-brainer if he somehow manages to slip out of the first, I'd think.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Oddly enough, you'd think Te'o would play the Belcher role well.

Not terribly fast, pretty damn strong.

Just comes down to how aggressive you'd think he'd be.

Direckshun
Patton is intriguing. Same with WR from Clemson.

I like gillislee as well.

I really, really like Gillislee.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Gooden is a hard player to evaluate. He made a greater impact as a sophomore than as a junior and more as a junior than a senior. Some of that may be due to the talent around him and the level of competition, but given the way he played in his second year at Mizzou I really expected him to have a Weatherspoon level of impact and he never did.

I don't think you can use the talent excuse either, as he always had very good players in front of him, which should have freed him up. To be honest, he was probably not helped by the leaden feet of our other two LBers, but he was, outside of our DEs, a pretty large disappointment on the defense this year.

Seeing he made 60 tackles doesn't register for me. I would have pegged him for 30.

Bowser
02-26-2013, 12:41 AM
What's everybody think about 370 lbs TJ Barnes from Georgia Tech?

Don't know much about him, but looking at his stats, he doesn't look to be on paper much more than what we already have with Poe/Powe.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81861&draftyear=2013&genpos=DT

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Should we go corner or receiver in the second? Common sense says corner, but damn, there are going to be some talented wide outs sitting there when we pick, and it's not like we are stacked at that position. Tayvon Austin would be a no-brainer if he somehow manages to slip out of the first, I'd think.

I think Austin's going in the first. Everybody's falling in love with him. He's basically a more decorated Titus Young.

I'd just go BPA. Contrary to popular opinion, we have too many holes.

I'd go with a certain player who plays a certain position that's banned from discussion in this thread. Stay tuned for my next mock draft I guess.

RealSNR
02-26-2013, 12:43 AM
I really like Gerald Hodges as a guy who can replace Belcher. He may be gone in the 2nd round. If we get Geno, our starting CB in Round 2, and the really brilliant WRs are kind of all picked over, I'd love to see him there. He's a tenacious fuck. Reminds me a lot of Derrick Johnson coming out of college, only not quite as fast. He's a tad lean and has excellent coverage skills, too. Definitely not afraid to smash shit up at the line of scrimmage. If he adds another 10 pounds I think he's ideal.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Gooden is a hard player to evaluate. He made a greater impact as a sophomore than as a junior and more as a junior than a senior. Some of that may be due to the talent around him and the level of competition, but given the way he played in his second year at Mizzou I really expected him to have a Weatherspoon level of impact and he never did.

I don't think you can use the talent excuse either, as he always had very good players in front of him, which should have freed him up. To be honest, he was probably not helped by the leaden feet of our other two LBers, but he was, outside of our DEs, a pretty large disappointment on the defense this year.

Seeing he made 60 tackles doesn't register for me. I would have pegged him for 30.

Someone's fallen in love with him. His Combine numbers are unreal. Somebody will think they can get in on the ground floor with him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Someone's fallen in love with him. His Combine numbers are unreal. Somebody will think they can get in on the ground floor with him.

I get it, but I've watched every game he's played in college. I really expected him to be an elite talent and it didn't mesh.

That said, his other two LBs this year were the SEC versions of Lew Bush and Glen Cadrez.

Jerm
02-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Tavon Austin
Justin Hunter
Eric Reid
Margus Hunt
Dion Jordan

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM
I've been watching more David Amerson.

He hasn't run the 40 yet, but despite his fantastic size, I don't know if he has elite speed.

He may just be a possession receiver cover-er at the next level.

I'd take him with our third. Don't think he's 2nd material yet.

Bowser
02-26-2013, 12:47 AM

All of what you just described could possibly lead to him being a mid round steal for a team, if he plays to what he showed at the combine.

Was Mizzou's D just so God awful, or just so damned predictable? Hell, the games I watched it seemed that if you couldn't just guess what they were going to run, they would telegraph the fuck out of the play and get burned, usually on th eblitz.

Bewbies
02-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Margus Hunt is pretty intriguing to me. I think someone in the late first grabs him, probably the Giants...

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Margus Hunt is pretty intriguing to me. I think someone in the late first grabs him, probably the Giants...

That would definitely be their style.

He is a potential JPP.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:51 AM
That said... I don't think Hunt is a fit for KC.

He is a huge project. And I think he'd be a tweener in our 3-4.

penbrook
02-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Here is a name we take a risk on in the 4th. Marcus Lattimore. Guy would be the perfect compliment for charles. Lattimore says he will be ready by the start of next season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 12:52 AM
All of what you just described could possibly lead to him being a mid round steal for a team, if he plays to what he showed at the combine.

Was Mizzou's D just so God awful, or just so damned predictable? Hell, the games I watched it seemed that if you couldn't just guess what they were going to run, they would telegraph the fuck out of the play and get burned, usually on th eblitz.

They run a 4-3 on the first two downs, regardless of scheme. That was actually a bigger issue in the BXII than SEC, although it ratfucked us against Syracuse.

The D was pretty decent, actually. The DEs were major disappointments, but the play of the secondary was the best of the Pinkel era, largely due to EJ Gaines, who is easily the best Missouri DB of my fan lifetime.

Steckel is an interesting character and a thoroughly mediocre coach. A lot of our position coaches range from blah to hog shit.

If Sheldon weren't so goddamned dominant in the first halves of several games I shudder to think the number of points we would have given up. However, if Franklin weren't a papier-mache-constructed RB imitating a QB the D would have also been in more advantageous situations.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Here is a name we take a risk on in the 4th. Marcus Lattimore. Guy would be the perfect compliment for charles. Lattimore says he will be ready by the start of next season.

I'd say that'd be fair value for him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 12:53 AM
One name I don't want to see on anyone's board is Tyrann Mathieu. The fucker threw up four reps after having an entire year to train for the combine.

Direckshun
02-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Sheldon Richardson is a dark horse candidate to be #1 overall.

Crazy shit, I know. But I'm super high on him.

penbrook
02-26-2013, 12:56 AM
One name I don't want to see on anyone's board is Tyrann Mathieu. The ****er threw up four reps after having an entire year to train for the combine.

Yes but he is a beast. Dude can play.

I wouldnt mind him in the 6th.

Saccopoo
02-26-2013, 12:59 AM
I've been watching more David Amerson.

He hasn't run the 40 yet, but despite his fantastic size, I don't know if he has elite speed.

He may just be a possession receiver cover-er at the next level.

I'd take him with our third. Don't think he's 2nd material yet.

Amerson has 18 interceptions over the past two seasons.

He's long, can get up over the vast majority of receivers and is very good at press coverage. He's got a very good nose for the ball. He tried too hard to equal his 2011 season in 2012 and got caught in front of the receiver too many times, but still had a very good year.

Milliner, Rhodes, Banks and Amerson are nearly the same player. No elite speed, but prototype size and good ball skills. They are all press guys who will be able to stay with the bigger possession receivers at the next level.

Any of them would compliment Flowers very well. Whichever one is there with the Chiefs second rounder should be the pick.

Jerm
02-26-2013, 01:04 AM

Ultimate risk/reward guy in this draft IMO.

If he comes back healthy, someone is getting a flat out steal.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Sheldon Richardson is a dark horse candidate to be #1 overall.

Crazy shit, I know. But I'm super high on him.

He wasn't nearly as fast 40-wise or even in the agility drills as the numbers in HS would have had you believe. He's a rare talent, but he is one massive motherfucking head case. If he was clean from a character perspective I could see a top five grade for him, but not with his baggage.

If he works out, you're looking at a HOF-level player. If he doesn't (quite likely) you're looking at Ryan Sims.

penbrook
02-26-2013, 01:07 AM
I want Geno damnit. Reid and Dorsey is it really that hard. Listen to the fans.

spanky 52
02-26-2013, 05:22 AM
DE Jones, UCLA, Chris Harper, WR, KSU and C Schwenke, Cal are several players I'd like the Chiefs to draft.

DTLB58
02-26-2013, 05:27 AM
One name I don't want to see on anyone's board is Tyrann Mathieu. The ****er threw up four reps after having an entire year to train for the combine.

I couldn't agree more. I don't think we will have to worry. Dorsey/Reid aren't that dumb.

But man, did this kid ruin his career and lose a ton of money cause he can't stay away from the weed.

DTLB58
02-26-2013, 05:32 AM
:thumb:

PA Chiefs
02-26-2013, 05:35 AM
mauti from psu inside linebacker, lattimore if he could come back he is going to be good, xavier rhodes in the 2nd but i dont think thats possible, if woods from usc is at 34 I think you grab him we better take geno cause that 2nd round pick is going to be interesting

the Talking Can
02-26-2013, 06:04 AM
Ogletree - real issues, but if he drops you have to think about it, he was as good as any LB at the end of the season

stedman bailey - from watching Geno, i love this kid...could easily be there in the 4th due to average 40 time..ryan broyles without the knee injuries

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 07:08 AM
The board is way to "Geno-centric"?

What the fuck?

People have lost their fucking minds.

suds79
02-26-2013, 07:49 AM
2. WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

I thought Patton ran very well at the Combine. Lots of good route runners in this draft but I think Patton's among the more underrated.

3. RB Johnathan Franklin, UCLA

Franklin's a pretty good player, but his head coach personally emailed the hosts of NFL Network to tell them he was the best person he's ever coached. If he's available in the midrounds, I say add him to the stable.

I like Patton. During the Senior Bowl he just looked quicker that most of the other WRs there. Speed is one thing (he has that too). But his quicks are really impressive.

We don't really need a back Franklin's size but just like playmakers, you make room for these type of guys. I like his ability to make people miss.

But more than any guy for me (talking non QBs here) it's Tavon Austin. I don't care that he's short. He's a dynamic playmaker. Was so good in college. I think he's Desean Jackson or Percy Harvin 2.0. Would be nice to get that guy.

COchief
02-26-2013, 07:59 AM
The board is way to "Geno-centric"?

What the ****?

People have lost their ****ing minds.

I think he's just saying that every thread turns into a Geno debate, which is pretty accurate if you look around. I kinda want him too, but I am choosing to defer to Reid because he gets paid 5 mill+ a year to decide these things while I fart into my sweatpants for days on end...

Yeah I know Fat Scott right? Praying his stupid ass was an anomaly.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 08:58 AM
I think he's just saying that every thread turns into a Geno debate, which is pretty accurate if you look around. I kinda want him too, but I am choosing to defer to Reid because he gets paid 5 mill+ a year to decide these things while I fart into my sweatpants for days on end...

Yeah I know Fat Scott right? Praying his stupid ass was an anomaly.

It's not a debate, Geno should be the pick and that's that.

And 30+ years of being a Chiefs fan tells me Fat Scott is the RULE, not the exception.

I'm done deferring to these fuckheads.

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Maybe it is some of the K-State homer in me coming out, but I want Arthur Brown, similar to wanting Josh Freeman a few years ago.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Maybe it is some of the K-State homer in me coming out, but I want Arthur Brown, similar to wanting Josh Freeman a few years ago.

I like Brown a lot.

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I like Brown a lot.

He seems to always find the ball, hit hard and make plays. The Chiefs can always use some of that.

He seems to also have his head screwed on straight.

crossbow
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM

Our offense was the worst abortion I have ever seen in sports! Get a wideout and keep going offense until next year. I don't understand why but Pioli thought skill players had to be no taller then 5'8". We need some big targets. If Baldwin turns out to be good then fine, we have three quality receivers in him, Bowe, and draftee. If not then at least we have two.

COchief
02-26-2013, 09:34 AM
It's not a debate, Geno should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Sanchez should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Locker should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Dorsey should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Leaf should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Vince Young should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Akili Smith should be the pick and that's that.

It's not a debate, Ryan Sims should be the pick and that's that.

You were wrong on at least one these, you think that was the only time in your life it will happen? You think you know more about QBs than Andy Reid? Seriously, think about that. If Andy Reid thinks Barkley is better you'll remain convinced and won't trust him or give him a shot? He makes 5 mill a year to do exactly that and he has a proven track record of doing so several times. Look at Mcnabb, everyone thought he was the 4-5th best QB prospect, Andy didn't and took him, look how it worked out. Do you think this is the only time this will or has ever happened in the NFL?

Red Dawg
02-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Austin

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 09:36 AM
You were wrong on at least one these, you think that was the only time in your life it will happen? You think you know more about QBs than Andy Reid? Seriously, think about that. If Andy Reid thinks Barkley is better you'll remain convinced and won't trust him or give him a shot? He makes 5 mill a year to do exactly that and he has a proven track record of doing so several times. Look at Mcnabb, everyone thought he was the 4-5th best QB prospect, Andy didn't and took him, look how it worked out. Do you think this is the only time this will or has ever happened in the NFL?

What the fuck are you talking about?

I never endorsed picking Leaf, Akili Smith, or Vince Young.

Erase that quote now because I never said those things.

I don't give a fuck what you, or Andy Reid thinks.

So fuck off.

RealSNR
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
How much more painfully obvious does this shit have to be for some of you mouth-breathing morons to get it?

Pretty sure htismaqe has only ever said "QB has to be the pick at 1" the entire offseason.

Sure enough, we got another dipshit who thinks just because somebody likes Geno Smith as a prospect means that Geno fans will be furious if the Chiefs take a different QB at #1.

THAT'S NEVER BEEN THE CASE.

Eat cum.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
How much more painfully obvious does this shit have to be for some of you mouth-breathing morons to get it?

Pretty sure htismaqe has only ever said "QB has to be the pick at 1" the entire offseason.

Sure enough, we got another dipshit who thinks just because somebody likes Geno Smith as a prospect means that Geno fans will be furious if the Chiefs take a different QB at #1.

THAT'S NEVER BEEN THE CASE.

Eat cum.

If they like Barkley better than Geno, take him.

Hell, if they like EJ MANUEL better than Geno, take him.

Just take the fucking QB and stop being a bunch of fucking pussy losers.

COchief
02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
What the **** are you talking about?

I never endorsed picking Leaf, Akili Smith, or Vince Young.

Erase that quote now because I never said those things.

I don't give a **** what you, or Andy Reid thinks.

So **** off.

Don't be a pissy little bitch about it, ok I'll boil it down. Were you as convinced and absolutely without a doubt sure about Dorsey as you are Geno?

Yeah, you were because everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone was just as sure. And you were wrong and I was wrong and absolutely everyone was wrong. They get paid 5 mill to figure that out and you don't. I'm not saying Geno isn't the pick or sucks, I'm not trying to convince you to say "ok, he's not the pick you're right". I'm trying to get you to understand that people who know far more about football knew "insert random douche IS THE PICK", and you've done it too, and you'll do it again, and this might be one of those times.

COchief
02-26-2013, 09:53 AM

Jesus, this is all I was trying to say.

That's quite a bit far off from "GENO is the pick!" dude.

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 09:53 AM

Hell, if they like EJ MANUEL better than Geno, take him.

Just take the ****ing QB and stop being a bunch of ****ing pussy losers.

This

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't be a pissy little bitch about it, ok I'll boil it down. Were you as convinced and absolutely without a doubt sure about Dorsey as you are Geno?

Don't be a bitch? When you deliberately misquote me? Fuck you.

Yeah, you were because everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone was just as sure.

Except that the reason I was in on Dorsey was because I didn't like Matt Ryan. How many people here are willing to say that now? Not many. I didn't like Ryan that much and I still don't.

They get paid 5 mill to figure that out and you don't.

I simply don't care. I've deferred to GMs and coaches for 30 years and they've been wrong pretty much EVERY TIME. Is that fair to Andy Reid? Probably not. But is it fair to me, after putting up with failure after failure for 3 decades, to just say "you have to trust him"?

I'm trying to get you to understand that people who know far more about football knew "insert random douche IS THE PICK", and you've done it too, and you'll do it again, and this might be one of those times.

I won't do it again. If they don't draft a QB at 1.1, I'm done.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Jesus, this is all I was trying to say.

That's quite a bit far off from "GENO is the pick!" dude.

I've literally NEVER been "Geno is the only option" except when provoked, so what is your point?

COchief
02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I've literally NEVER been "Geno is the only option" except when provoked, so what is your point?

Ha, jesus dude. The only reason I responded in the first place is you said no debate "Geno is the pick".

Does that not equate to "Geno is the only option"?

The misquote was to drive home a point, did you seriously not understand that?

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Ha, jesus dude. The only reason I responded in the first place is you said no debate "Geno is the pick".

Does that not equate to "Geno is the only option"?

The misquote was to drive home a point, did you seriously not understand that?

Did I not say that I respond that way WHEN PROVOKED?

You're not paying attention. I've never been "Geno or bust". I'm just sick and fucking tired of listening to stupid bullshit over and over.

"It has to be Manti! Oh wait, he lied about his dead girlfriend. It HAS to be Joeckel. Oh wait, Eric Fisher might actually be as good. It HAS to be Warmack. Oh wait."

I am fucking sick to death of the "anybody but Geno" conversation.

ct
02-26-2013, 01:42 PM
I liked what I saw from WR Robert Woods, despite that he's a USC wideout.

ChiefMojo
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
I admit I'm becoming more and more intrigued by EJ Manuel. If we don't take a QB at #1 (which I think is highly likely) then getting Manuel in the 2nd would be great. Manuel has had a good Senior Bowl and now Combine. He is someone that is definitely fits the mold of a QB you bring in and groom for a couple of years behind a vet (which again seems to be what the Chiefs want to do). I think Manuel has the biggest upside of any QB in this draft.

MahiMike
02-26-2013, 02:53 PM
The WR from Cincinnati looked really good. Kenbrell Thompkins
Other WR's looking good were Stills, Vernon and Robert Woods of course.

D line guys are Werner and Bingo/Mingo.

I could go for Milliner in 1st.

MahiMike
02-26-2013, 03:46 PM
BTW, the rankings for these guys on NFL.com is way off, IMO. Markus Wheaton is at 81.8, way above Stills, Vernon and others. When I watched the combine, this dude couldn't catch a cold. In his skivvies. With no one chasing him...

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 03:48 PM
BTW, the rankings for these guys on NFL.com is way off, IMO. Markus Wheaton is at 81.8, way above Stills, Vernon and others. When I watched the combine, this dude couldn't catch a cold. In his skivvies. With no one chasing him...

I don't think they've updated their rankings yet, have they?

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
I like Brown a lot.

What round do you see him getting picked?

OzarksChiefsFan
02-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Kenny Stills, Sheldon Richardson, Zaviar Gooden, Levon Bell and Jamar Taylor.

htismaqe
02-26-2013, 04:21 PM
What round do you see him getting picked?

I think he could actually go at the top of the 2nd round, maybe around where we pick.

HemiEd
02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
I think he could actually go at the top of the 2nd round, maybe around where we pick.

Do you think the Chiefs could justify that pick? Could he fill the thumper role?

Sorter
02-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Too many to list.

Shox
02-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Xavier Rhodes CB 2.1
Da Rick Rogers WR 3.1
Sio Moore LB 4.1
Travis Kelce TE 5.1
Sanders Commings CB 6.1
Waushan Ealey RB 7.1

RunKC