PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2013, 12:53 AM
I just think Albert is asking for more than they are willing to pay him

More speculation.

But then again, you want a 2014 first round draft choice from a soon to be 30 year old that hasn't reached his potential.

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Only allowing 1 sack isn't impressive with guys like Cassel and Quinn as qb?

ROFL

Get ahold of yourself, FFS.

He's a good run blocker and has developed into a good pass blocker, too.

1 sack in 11 games for a 2-14 team does not equal 1 sack in 16 games for a playoff team, let alone a Super Bowl team.

If that were the case, teams would be doing hurdles to get Albert for a 2nd round draft choice.

As usual, you overestimate Chiefs players value.

milkman
03-27-2013, 05:56 AM
Personally, I think Albert is in his prime right now. Probably 2-4 years of play left at a comparable level. He might improve a bit but I doubt it. I think he's reached his ceiling.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't produce better numbers not having Cassel. I think most expect our OL to produce better statistically without Matt. I just think that he's probably in his prime as a player and wouldn't really expect any significant changes/developments.

He is in his prime physically, but he is just going into his 6th season playing the LT position.

The footwork and technique are still a little raw.

He'll reach his ceiling when those become second nature and natural for him.

BigMeatballDave
03-27-2013, 06:50 AM
It's NOT impressive, nor are you addressing Milkman's claims.

He was protecting QB's that SHIT THEMSELVES.

Who the FUCK needs to rush QB's like Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn when sitting back in coverage will likely yield better results?

People that spew this shit act like he's been protecting Flacco or Brady or Manning: He's been protecting jackshit QB's.

Regardless, AGAIN, your post does absolutely NOTHING to further Milkman's claim that his better days are ahead of him. Again, I ask:

At what age does he become this "uber" left tackle?Surly, you are aware of the fact that good QBs distribute the ball more efficiently, thus getting rid of it quicker.

Rausch
03-27-2013, 07:55 AM
He is in his prime physically, but he is just going into his 6th season playing the LT position.

The footwork and technique are still a little raw.

He'll reach his ceiling when those become second nature and natural for him.

I don't think he'll ever have the type of footwork you look for in a top 5 LT. I just don't think it's something he'll ever have.

I think he can overcome that and use technique and his other strengths to be a top 10 LT despite not having the quickest feet...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Dane, when Albert went out Stephenson gave up a bunch of sacks, so your argument has no merit. Giving up 1 sack when your QB's have the worst pocket presence in the league is damn impressive.