PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:26 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/315121946100658176">March 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BlackHelicopters
03-22-2013, 09:28 AM
No way.

DeezNutz
03-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Whenever you can trade a young, high-quality player for the possibility of drafting his direct replacement, you simply have to make that move.

Albert's back better be fucked.

Mr. Laz
03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
so they are trying to use Albert to recover the cost of Alex Smith?

el borracho
Trying to undo the damage of the trade for Alex Smith.

RunKC
So this is how they are trying to get their picks back from the Alex Smith trade.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Or you could have just NOT TRADED FOR ALEX FUCKING SMITH!

L.A. Chieffan
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Alex Smith for Brandon Albert? WINNING

Hootie
03-22-2013, 09:31 AM
I don't mind this at all. I think that is more than fair. I think we overrate Albert a bit...I think he's solid, don't get me wrong...but he's not a world beater and he is coming off an injury.

I think people need to settle down on this board.

DeezNutz
03-22-2013, 09:33 AM
I don't mind this at all. I think that is more than fair. I think we overrate Albert a bit...I think he's solid, don't get me wrong...but he's not a world beater and he is coming off an injury.

It's the impending waste of the #1 overall pick that's even more egregious than throwing away a high-quality, young LT.

Just differing levels of stupid, and there's no way of justifying it.

tyton75
03-22-2013, 09:33 AM

Completely agree with you :toast:

Imon Yourside
03-22-2013, 09:34 AM

Back Spasms dude.

TEX
Whenever you can trade a young, high-quality player for the possibility of drafting his direct replacement, you simply have to make that move.

Albert's back better be ****ed.

Not really - why not keep your high-quality young player and pick another player that will IMPROVE your team NOW, rather than draft a player just to replace what you lost?

Deberg_1990
It's the impending waste of the #1 overall pick that's even more egregious than throwing away a high-quality, young LT.

The reality is, we dont know what impact any of these moves will have until the season starts or a year or two down the road. If the Chiefs start to win games, thats all that matters.

BigMeatballDave
03-22-2013, 09:35 AM

Yeah, because giving up 1 whole sack in 13 games is awful.

Overrated.

L.A. Chieffan
If this happens we went from a questionable quarertback and LT situation to now a completely solid quaterback and LT situation. Id say Reid and the boys are getin' r dun!

kcxiv

Why? They are just delaying the inevitable! I hope they have some kind of magic they pull out of their ass, because out of all the ok moves they have done, they have done 1 bad move and 1 potentially bad move! I wouldnt mind so much about bad moves here n there, but when its at the 2 most important positions on the offense it makes ya worry.

Mr. Laz
more standing pat

we have made very few improvements this offseason, just switching out similar pieces.

Mr_Tomahawk
Take both of the dolphins 2nd rnd picks. I would be fine with that.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Andy Reid and John Dorsey not married to Albert. This happens all the time in the NFL when a regime takes over.

kcxiv
03-22-2013, 09:36 AM
If this happens we went from a questionable quarertback and LT situation to now a completely solid quaterback and LT situation. Id say Reid and the boys are getin' r dun!

under your name you just need to put the word professional board troll! lol

Hootie

Meh. You never know with large dudes...Albert could simply just be done for all we know.

Either way...getting a 2nd out of a guy we all figured to be gone is no big deal. That's fair value for Albert.

If we draft Joeckel at #1 it'll suck...I still want to trade down. But I'm not going to freak about trading Albert. It's whatever.

King_Chief_Fan
<IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #bbb 1px solid; MIN-WIDTH: 220px; BORDER-LEFT: #ddd 1px solid; MARGIN: 10px 0px; DISPLAY: block; MAX-WIDTH: 99%; BORDER-TOP: #eee 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ddd 1px solid; borderRadius: 10px; boxShadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15)" id=twitter-widget-0 title="Embedded Tweet" height=212 frameBorder=0 width=500 allowTransparency scrolling=no class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>
<SCRIPT charset=utf-8 src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async></SCRIPT>

surely it isn't for any second round and any fourth round
<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" id=rufous-sandbox frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no allowtransparency="true"></IFRAME>

DeezNutz
Andy Reid and John Dorsey not married to Albert. This happens all the time in the NFL when a regime takes over.

It has nothing to do with "whose player" someone is and everything to do with blind stupidity, just like trading for Alex Smith.

DaKCMan AP
Not really - why not keep your high-quality young player and pick another player that will IMPROVE your team NOW, rather than draft a player just to replace what you lost?

LMAO

suds79
03-22-2013, 09:37 AM
No f-ing way they get that much for Albert.

But I get it. It's negotiation.

Ask for a 2nd and then some.... Hope you settle on just a 2 for him.

Hootie
03-22-2013, 09:37 AM
and as much as I'll hate it, I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens...at least he better be.

but I'm not going to fret about something that hasn't happened...I still assume we're going to trade down. If we don't, it'll be disappointing.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:38 AM
It has nothing to do with "whose player" someone is and everything to do with blind stupidity, just like trading for Alex Smith.

Alex Smith in Reid and Dorsey eyes was the best QB this off-season. Sorry they don't like Geno.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
and as much as I'll hate it, I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens...at least he better be.

but I'm not going to fret about something that hasn't happened...I still assume we're going to trade down. If we don't, it'll be disappointing.

Joeckel better be a top 5 LT.

Every time he gets bullrushed and gets Alex Smith killed.....I'm going to laugh.

YayMike
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
If they must.....

Trade Albert for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.
Trade down to allow Buffalo to get Geno for a 2nd and 4th this year , a 1st next year.

Draft Fischer.

Profit.

Use the three newly acquired picks to address WR, OLB/ILB, S.

Profit again.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Take both of the dolphins 2nd rnd picks. I would be fine with that.

Dude not getting that. Miami will just draft a LT. Not gonna give Albert 9m a year then give up 2 2nd round picks when they can just draft a LT.

King_Chief_Fan
Joeckel better be a top 5 LT.

Every time he gets bullrushed and gets Alex Smith killed.....I'm going to laugh.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRasqfRh45dGEthWrcSoJTkDsc6hrFSfjqQrOvw00AviDyw8ipF1A

Mr_Tomahawk
Dude not getting that. Miami will just draft a LT. Not gonna give Albert 9m a year then give up 2 2nd round picks when they can just draft a LT.

Then no dice.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Then no dice.

So what you want Albert to play this year and leave next year and get nothing?

Ming the Merciless
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Whenever you can trade a young, high-quality player for the possibility of drafting his direct replacement, you simply have to make that move

:LOL:

Post of the year

suds79
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM

This.

People need to realize he's just not part of the long term plan. They're taking a LT high and moving on.

Hootie
03-22-2013, 09:43 AM

sounds fun, I hope you enjoy yourself!

L.A. Chieffan
03-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Dorsey is making a mockery of the rest of the NFL. Work em man! Get it while the gettin is good

The Franchise
sounds fun, I hope you enjoy yourself!

I will. It'll be just like the Matt Cassel years. Every time Cassel got into the fetal position....I laughed.

Mr. Laz
If they must.....

Trade Albert for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.
Trade down to allow Buffalo to get Geno for a 2nd and 4th this year , a 1st next year.

Draft Fischer.

Profit.

Use the three newly acquired picks to address WR, OLB/ILB, S.

Profit again.
i keep waiting for some profit

so far we are just spinning wheels

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Call the Colts. I'll take their 1st round pick this year for Albert. They need a LT to protect Luck. Castanzo sucks.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
If they trade Albert and trade down a few spots and still get the guy they want+ all the extra picks , thats pretty winning IMO.

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM

Tag him again next year.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
If they trade Albert and trade down a few spots and still get the guy they want+ all the extra picks they want thats pretty winning IMO.

Agree 100%

suds79
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Call the Colts. I'll take their 1st round pick this year for Albert. They need a LT to protect Luck. Castanzo sucks.

Has a team ever traded a LT for a 1st round pick?

Honestly I can't think of an occasion.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM

What can we get then? What team is gonna give up something for him?

Miami's 2nd this year and next year is my guess.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Has a team ever traded a LT for a 1st round pick?

Honestly I can't think of an occasion.

I don't see any team in the league giving up a first for Albert. Just don't see a team giving up A First and giving him 9m a year. When this draft is loaded with LT.

philfree
03-22-2013, 09:48 AM
This.

People need to realize he's just not part of the long term plan. They're taking a LT high and moving on.

Well alot of peole think that trading LTs and giving up 1.1 in the process is a waste of assets. I tend to agree. I'd like to ask them why they don't want to keep Albert? Maybe if I had an explanation as to why perhaps it'd make some sense but as of right now this make little sense.

philfree
03-22-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't see any team in the league giving up a first for Albert. Just don't see a team giving up and First and giving him 9m a year. When this draft is loaded with LT.

Five LTs in the first 40 picks.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Well alot of peole think that trading LTs and giving up 1.1 in the process is a waste of assets. I tend to agree. I'd like to ask them why they don't want to keep Albert? Maybe if I had an explanation as to why perhaps it'd make some sense but as of right now this make little sense.

Andy Reid didn't draft Albert this happens all the time when a new Regime takes over.

philfree
03-22-2013, 09:51 AM
This is a losy market for LTs so we should trade our away now so we can minimize the value.

suds79

Agree.

I mean if I was in charge, I would certainly have done things differently.

Albert long term deal, don't trade for Alex, draft Geno.

But clearly none of that is happening. Seems to me we're going to draft a LT, trade Albert for a 2nd and go forward.

I get it that people are frustrated but at some point have to decide to either accept it or move onto another team. (this thought is more in relation to still b#tching about Alex Smith being our starter)

Mr_Tomahawk

No I want to sign him to a longterm deal.

But if we are talking about trades...I don't want to advertise what we will take for him.

I feel we fucked ourselves over with how we handled Cassel's release. We were supposedly trying to work out a trade, but it was known that we would release him...so why the hell would a team trade for him knowing he is going to be released. At worse, a team would get into a bidding war with another suitor. We should have played our hand differently as if we were working out a new deal (reduced/backup salary) if we couldn't trade him.

If they are going to trade Albert...it better be done a lot better than when we were going to 'trade' Cassel.

"Fuck a 2nd. We want will only take a 1st. Or go fuck yourself." -Dorsey with a possible trade suitor

The Franchise
I don't see any team in the league giving up a first for Albert. Just don't see a team giving up A First and giving him 9m a year. When this draft is loaded with LT.

The Colts have zero chance of grabbing one of the top 3 LTs in this draft.

DaKCMan AP
Andy Reid didn't draft Albert this happens all the time when a new Regime takes over.

Name the last time a franchise tagged offensive lineman was traded for a 2nd round pick following the hiring of a new HC & GM.

O.city
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM

So that makes it the right move?

It really doesn't matter what move they make, in your eyes it's the right move. Stick to twitter

DaKCMan AP
This is a losy market for LTs so we should trade our away now so we can minimize the value.

Buy high - sell low, baby!

ShowtimeSBMVP

He's gone after this year. Chiefs wont tag him in 2014 at 11.5m. Chiefs Cap look's awful in 2014

DeezNutz

Please provide some tweets of a new regime coming in and purposely flushing a young, high-quality tackle just to draft another tackle, hoping that he can be AS GOOD as the guy who just walked.

If you mean that new regimes often make hasty, incredibly stupid decisions, then, yes, I agree.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
So that makes it the right move?

It really doesn't matter what move they make, in your eyes it's the right move. Stick to twitter

Dude i cant even keep up with you. How many times have you flip flop this off season?

philfree
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM

Until they prove otherwise it's a terrible move and wastes our teams assets. And I've watched the NFL for ever pretty much and I don't need to be told what happens all the time. Thank you.

beer bacon
03-22-2013, 09:54 AM

We're just trying to just keep this team as good as it was last season. The new coach and GM don't want this train to go off the tracks.

philfree
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
He's gone after this year. Chiefs wont tag him in 2014 at 11.5m. Chiefs Cap look's awful in 2014

Give the guy a contract maybe.

beer bacon

Our off season/draft is going to be trading for Matt Cassel 2.0 and then drafting Albert 2.0. We're doing nothing to get significantly better next season. These don't appear to be the moves of a team that wants to win a Super Bowl any time soon.

DaKCMan AP

His cap number would be less than $11m if tagged in 2014. Stop making up garbage. JFC if it's not someone else's tweet your posts are full of stupid.

O.city
Dude i cant even keep up with you. How many times have you flip flop this off season?

I haven't flipped on anything. They've made some good moves and some bad ones. This would be a bad one

And it's easy to keep up with you. We all know whatever move they make, your good with it

DeezNutz
03-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Tag him. Play the year to prove that the back isn't a problem, then sign him to an extension. This really isn't too fucking difficult.

The cap, as it's always been, is a farce and something that can be managed.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Tag him. Play the year to prove that the back isn't a problem, then sign him to an extension. This really isn't too fucking difficult.

The cap, as it's always been, is a farce and something that can be managed.

This.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Give the guy a contract maybe.

You do know it takes 2 sides right? No one here knows what Albert is asking for. Maybe the Chiefs don't think Albert is a 9 to 10m a year LT.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM
It'll be wonderful to find out that Reid has no clue what he's doing when it comes to building an offensive line.

O.city
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
You do know it takes 2 sides right? No one here knows what Albert is asking for. Maybe the Chiefs don't think Albert is a 9 to 10m a year LT.

And we know that's what he's asking for?

RunKC
O.city what if we traded Branden Albert for a 2nd and next years 2nd/3rd and traded our 1st pick to a team in the top 10 and got Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson + another 2nd + next years 1st?

No way you can't not like that move.

DaKCMan AP
It'll be wonderful to find out that Reid has no clue what he's doing when it comes to building an offensive line.

It's ok. twatter-boy will be here to gargle Reid's balls and tell us it's a good move.

MotherfuckerJones

They wont get a top 3 tackle in this draft. Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson will all be gone by then

-King-
03-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Pick 1.1 and Branden Albert for Joeckel and Alex Smith. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
O.city what if we traded Branden Albert for a 2nd and next years 2nd/3rd and traded our 1st pick to a team in the top 10 and got Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson + another 2nd + next years 1st?

It's the best of a worst case scenario. You still traded Alex Smith for Brandon Albert.

DaKCMan AP
Pick 1.1 and Branden Albert for Joeckel and Alex Smith. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

:deevee:

philfree
03-22-2013, 10:00 AM

It takes two sides really? Who would have known?

DeezNutz

What if we kept Albert, traded with Buffalo, recouping a second this year and a first next year?

This frees us up to take whomever, including a pass rusher, Milliner if he drops, etc. Hell, you'd have to give serious thought to Austin or Eifert.

O.city

I'd prefer not to trade away good young players only to have to replace them with a top 10 pick.

I'd rather keep Albert and trade back and take a pass rusher. IMO we overvalue picks around here quite a bit

DaKCMan AP
http://blogs.dailymail.com/nerdliving/files/2011/08/album-it-takes-two.jpg

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2013, 10:01 AM
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY3OTg1Nzk4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDM3MTEyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

ShowtimeSBMVP
And we know that's what he's asking for?

Well if i was his agent. He's making 9.8m in 2013 and if you tag him in 2014 it's around 11.3m all that is guaranteed. So it's safe to say he's asking for 9m a year.

DaKCMan AP
http://sevideo.biz/catalog/catalog/images/ItTakesTwo.png

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Well if i was his agent. He's making 9.8m in 2013 and if you tag him in 2014 it's around 11.3m all that is guaranteed. So it's safe to say he's asking for 9m a year.

STOP LYING. THE 2014 TAG IS NOT 11.3m. IT'S LESS THAN 11M.

DaKCMan AP
http://simplifyrecordings.com/wp-content/uploads/It-Takes-Two-To-Tango-Short-Sweet-EP-585x585.jpg

RunKC
What if we kept Albert, traded with Buffalo, recouping a second this year and a first next year?

This frees us up to take whomever, including a pass rusher, Milliner if he drops, etc. Hell, you'd have to give serious thought to Austin or Eifert.

I would rather do my plan as it gets us an extra 2nd and a very good LT prospect for far less money so we can get more guys/keep our own.

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNAYc7po9Lz-IWpkDMHl21u1PSolErOx_xGEhb3dGTuthGFr4p

DeezNutz

And?

I think that Albert is worth 7.6, but I'd never pay more than 8.92.

This is a page out of the Pioli brilliance of contract negotiations. Hope we can come up with something as viable as the LT version of Routt.

DaKCMan AP
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTopUACndLPvFxCdAA7vgHdIsYsaD5a9ZbhNI7_V9zmfly7YVhp

DaKCMan AP
http://www.mariazouroudis.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/It-Takes-Two-Cover.jpg

BossChief
03-22-2013, 10:04 AM

Tag him again next year.

Miami won't be able to draft one of the top 3 LTs at 12.

At least 3 teams need one before they pick.

They would need to move up in front of SD to get one.

Why not just trade both 2s for a proven guy?

The Franchise
I would rather do my plan as it gets us an extra 2nd and a very good LT prospect for far less money so we can get more guys/keep our own.

Bolded the keyword. You have no clue what the fuck he'll be.

DaKCMan AP
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPLQb9Ks_8mp2Supk76BSuh_bax1_hed-fqRivIyPLj-9t8Rmq

DeezNutz

Why do you care about Clark's money? The Chiefs can keep as many of their own players are they want. The cap, as it's always been, isn't an issue.

O.city

In this scenario, you already don't want to keep/ pay one of your own.

You are also taking an unknown at lt.

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2013, 10:05 AM
http://adsoftheworld.com/sites/default/files/styles/media/public/images/diesel---3-of-6---it-takes-two-to-stupid---anomaly---new-york.jpg

But for ChiefsandO'sfan it only takes one!

Chief Roundup

Really. It is hard to imagine what combination of players on our team is going to get enough to put us in bad shape.
But if we are going to be in bad shape that could be part of the reason to go with a rookie to get that positions salary down.

ShowtimeSBMVP

No it's not 9.8m time 20% tagged twice.

DeezNutz
Luckily, it doesn't take two balls to trade for backup QBs. Otherwise, the Chiefs would have been fucked a long time ago.

Gutless, pussy fucking franchise.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Bolded the keyword. You have no clue what the **** he'll be.

We don't know what any prospect will be, but this is the strongest LT class since 2008.

All 3 LT's are top 10 prospects in this draft.

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
This is what I've expected all along. A second round pick this year along with a fifth or so at some point. If they can get it, more power to them.

Despite what's been said in this thread, Albert is neither young nor indispensable. He's 28 years old and will turn 29 mid-season. He had issues with back spasms that caused him to miss the better part of five games. No one knows if he can stay healthy for the next five seasons and if not, he is not worth $10 million per year in cap space. That's retarded.

Trading Albert and drafting a Joekel, Fisher or Lane is a calculated risk. But when your new front office is dealing with one of the worst football teams in the NFL over the course of the past 20 years, calculated risks will be necessary from time to time.

BossChief
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Second year tag adds 20% to previous tag amount.

Fansy the Famous Bard

Albert is one of those I consider "our own".

Lightrise
I don't think Miami's 2nd is going to be good enough to get Manuel and nothing else measures up really. Just stay where we are is probably the best thing.

B14ckmon
03-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Guess that means no leaping the Jaguars for Geno :)

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Guess that means no leaping the Jaguars for Geno :)

Yeah....because we can't trade down and still get a LT.

Mr. Laz
03-22-2013, 10:09 AM
This isn't about any specific player, it's about the total plus/minus factor of the offseason.

If you lose a guy in free agency and replacement him with a similar guy, it's a wash

If you lose a guy in a trade and draft a similar guy, it's a wash

Seems like the only place we made any significant player improvement is the defensive secondary.

The offseason is looking like a push so far .... disappointing.

BossChief
03-22-2013, 10:10 AM
This is what I've expected all along. A second round pick this year along with a fifth or so at some point. If they can get it, more power to them.

Despite what's been said in this thread, Albert is neither young nor indispensable. He's 28 years old and will turn 29 mid-season. He had issues with back spasms that caused him to miss the better part of five games. No one knows if he can stay healthy for the next five seasons and if not, he is not worth $10 million per year in cap space. That's retarded.

Trading Albert and drafting a Joekel, Fisher or Lane is a calculated risk. But when your new front office is dealing with one of the worst football teams in the NFL over the course of the past 20 years, calculated risks will be necessary from time to time.
Never took you for a kool aid drinker. You being rich and all...

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
This isn't about any specific player, it's about the total plus/minus factor of the offseason.

If you lose a guy in free agency and replacement him with a similar guy, it's a wash

If you lose a guy in a trade and draft a similar guy, it's a wash

Seems like the only place we made any significant player improvement is the defensive secondary.

The offseason is looking like a push so far .... disappointing.

TE and WR not better? QB is ten times better

B14ckmon
Yeah....because we can't trade down and still get a LT.

According to you the Jags will draft Joeckel. Why would Reid trade down then if he wants Joeckel to be his sex slave?

KCJay
For those that say we are pretty much moving sideways in this off season just have to look at it this way..

Say what you want about Alex Smith, he is an upgrade on the garbage we had last year..IDK, what is up with Albert, but Reid and Company must not like something...

We draft Joeckel, bring in Alex Smith, and draft Ryan Nassib in round 2..We get a franchise LT, a bonafide starting QB, and a great QB project..Greg Cossell says Nassib may be the best QB prospect in this draft pool..

Say what you will, but I think it would be great if we can get Joeckel and Nassib in the draft..Albert or Joeckel and Nassib? I pick Joeckel and Nassib..

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Never took you for a kool aid drinker. You being rich and all...

Well, I've always taken you for a dumbass cunt, so there is that, you raging fucking pussy.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
And idk what the **** it is about people hating on Luke Joeckel?

Shariff Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, Margus Hunt and Cory Lemonier are some of the best DL/pass rushers in this draft and Joeckel owned every single one of them this season.

philfree
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Chiefs investigating OTs

March, 22, 2013
Mar 22

11:47

AM ET

By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com
Recommend0
Comments0
Email
Print

With a new regime in control of the Kansas City Chiefs, many have assumed that there will be the usual amount of roster-churning during the initial offseason. Couple that with possessing the No. 1 overall draft pick, and it's an exciting time for those who follow the club. The offensive line is certainly in a state of flux, as we've seen the team release starting RT Eric Winston and place the franchise tag on LT Branden Albert. Subsequently, however, there have been reports that Albert is on the trading block, so perhaps this is an indication that that No. 1 pick will be used on a player to replace him.

Buttressing that belief is a report from Adam Caplan of the Sideline View on Friday morning. Caplan indicates that a contingent from the Chiefs -- including GM John Dorsey and HC Andy Reid -- are headed to Texas A&M to conduct a private workout with LT prospect Luke Joeckel. Thereafter, per Caplan, the group will head to Oklahoma to check out fellow OT prospect Lane Johnson. While it's believed that Joeckel is more suited to the left side, Johnson has been cited as a player that can fit in at either tackle spot. This could be important depending upon what the Chiefs do with Albert.
-----------

Sigh.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Shariff Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, Margus Hunt and Cory Lemonier are some of the best DL/pass rushers in this draft and Joekel owned every single one of them this season.

The Geno Crowd is bitter.

B14ckmon
03-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Shariff Floyd, Sheldon Richardson, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, Margus Hunt and Cory Lemonier are some of the best DL/pass rushers in this draft and Joekel owned every single one of them this season.

While having to protect the most mobile QB in cfb. That is exhausting and not easy.

BigMeatballDave
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Trying to find a silver lining...

Joeckel is 7 years younger than Albert...

That's all I got.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:17 AM
According to you the Jags will draft Joeckel. Why would Reid trade down then if he wants Joeckel to be his sex slave?

Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. Try to keep up.

O.city
03-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Joeckel is coming from a spread system. I'd rather have fisher seems to have a higher upside.

Not real excited about potentially having a rookie rt an a rookie lt nex year

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Trying to find a silver lining...

Joeckel is 7 years younger than Albert...

That's all I got.

Seven years and $5 million per season less for the next five years, which also allows for another above average free agent to join your roster.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Joeckel is coming from a spread system. I'd rather have fisher seems to have a higher upside.

Not real excited about potentially having a rookie rt an a rookie lt nex year

I still think Stephenson is our RT. Just my opinion, but he's got room to grow and he's got quick feet.

Direckshun
03-22-2013, 10:19 AM

That's basically what it comes down to.

I'm a big supporter of Geno, I hope the team somehow reconsiders and takes him #1 overall. I'll be pretty pissed if they don't.

But translating that frustration into anger at Joeckel or anger at anybody who's not in a total hate spiral over these moves is Primo Grade Ridiculous.

beer bacon
03-22-2013, 10:19 AM
You win Super Bowls by drafting and developing a guy into a franchise, elite QB. You do not win Super Bowls any other way. Any season you do not do this is a season where you will not win a Super Bowl. You can't be afraid of drafting a QB and it not working out. You have to keep drafting QBs over and over again until you hit the jackpot. Nothing else works!

We are essentially shuffling the deck on a 2-14 squad.

MotherfuckerJones
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Im on the fence about this. This is a new regime and i will give them benefit of the doubt. Theyre their own Front Office. Not hiring people or signing players that theyve coached or worked with only. I would love to see Albert stay and sign long term. But that aint happening. I anticipate a trade come draft day. I think KC waits til draft day to maximize their value in trading the number 1 pick. If they trade Albert next week everyone knows what KC is doing.

O.city
I still think Stephenson is our RT. Just my opinion, but he's got room to grow and he's got quick feet.

Fine

That still leaves you with a rookie LT and a first time RT in front of Alex smith who already gets sacked a lot.

philfree

I'm not really the Geno crowd. I think most fans around here can see that we're replacing a player that doesn't need replaced and pissing away a 1st round pick in the process. This draft represents so much hope and these guys are pissing it away. We're going to swap LTs and we've we brought in a marginal upgrade at QB and we'll have given up the 1.1 and the 2.2. That's pissing away the best draft picks you can have.

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 10:21 AM

Wow. You guys stick to that way too much. It clouds your judgement, clearly. This has NOTHING to do with Geno Smith, as much as you want to make it so.

Trading away Albert and drafting Joeckel is like a dog chasing its tail. When you own the 1.1, you are suppose to be drafting a player who is going to IMPROVE your team, and improve it considerably.

This is a lateral move at best. The Chiefs are creating a hole so they can fill it. Trading Albert and Drafting Joeckel doesn't make the team better.

You're basically using a 1.1 to put the same team you had on the field in 2012. That's a good idea to you? To use the 1st overall pick on a player who won't improve your team in any significant way?

ChiefMojo
03-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Plan and simple Albert is gone because he will cost to much going forth. He is going to cost us $9 million+ this year and will be $11 million + if we tagged him again. Only to see him walk after that following year. We just aren't going to pay him the money he wants long term. So why not get something for him while he is at his highest market price?

Who is to say Joeckel won't be a better LT than Albert... there is a strong possibility for that. Then you add on top of that you have a younger player that doesn't have injury concerns and he costs less money. This allows more cap space for KC going forth looking at things long term (not just the present like fans look at it).

Again it is very apparent KC is moving Albert... you don't become this vocal about it unless your planning to do something. This regime isn't married to Albert as they didn't draft him. They made the decision that Bowe was worth more to KC than Albert.

This may be a lateral move presently but it is a future move that goes on deaf ears to most. Everyone needs to get over the damn Geno crap, it ISN'T happening!

MahiMike
22 guys off the street part 2.

RunKC

I'm a big supporter of Geno, I hope the team somehow reconsiders and takes him #1 overall. I'll be pretty pissed if they don't.

But translating that frustration into anger at Joeckel or anger at anybody who's not in a hate spiral over these moves is Primo Grade Ridiculous.

Reminds me of desperate 40 year old women who have never been married.

They want to announce to the world that they got their Husband (in their case QB) because it's what's right to do, but yet they are just going by title without knowing that it's the right guy for them.

It all ends in divorce no matter what way you look at it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Assuming that we get the exact same compensation for Albert that we got for Smith, again, this is the equation that Dorsey and Reid wrote on the board

Luke Joeckel + Alex Smith > 1.1+ Brandon Albert.

Think about that for a minute.

suds79
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
You win Super Bowls by drafting and developing a guy into a franchise, elite QB. You do not win Super Bowls any other way. Any season you do not do this is a season where you will not win a Super Bowl. You can't be afraid of drafting a QB and it not working out. You have to keep drafting QBs over and over again until you hit the jackpot. Nothing else works!

We are essentially shuffling the deck on a 2-14 squad.

Not really disagreeing with what you said. Simply saying this comes down to a different evaluation.

Is Alex Smith Cassel 2.0? Or will he be a high QB raiting guy in Andy's system like he was the last two years in SF? Clearly the Chiefs think he can be the ladder.

When we all look back, it'll simply come down to who was the better move. Alex Smith? Or Geno Smith.

bevischief
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
The butt hurt is strong in this thread.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:24 AM

But translating that frustration into anger at Joeckel or anger at anybody who's not in a total hate spiral over these moves is Primo Grade Ridiculous.

So is saying that Joeckel is virtually bust proof.

KCJay
I'm not really the Geno crowd. I think most fans around here can see that we're replacing a player that doesn't need replaced and pissing away a 1st round pick in the process. This draft represents so much hope and these guys are pissing it away. We're going to swap LTs and we've we brought in a marginal upgrade at QB and we'll have given up the 1.1 and the 2.2. That's pissing away the best draft picks you can have.

I am thinking they really like Ryan Nassib out of Syracuse..

We would basically trading Albert (while replacing him with a better prospect coming out of college in Joeckel) and getting Alex Smith and Ryan Nassib...

That is how am looking at it, anyway..

Tribal Warfare
Plan and simple Albert is gone because he will cost to much going forth. He is going to cost us $9 million+ this year and will be $11 million + if we tagged him again. Only to see him walk after that following year. We just aren't going to pay him the money he wants long term. So why not get something for him while he is at his highest market price?

Who is to say Joeckel won't be a better LT than Albert... there is a strong possibility for that. Then you add on top of that you have a younger player that doesn't have injury concerns and he costs less money. This allows more cap space for KC going forth looking at things long term (not just the present like fans look at it).

Again it is very apparent KC is moving Albert... you don't become this vocal about it unless your planning to do something. This regime isn't married to Albert as they didn't draft him. They made the decision that Bowe was worth more to KC than Albert.

Not really, with the scheme he was playing in and the QB that he was protecting has really helped his draft stock and to disguise his weaknesses.

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Reminds me of desperate 40 year old women who have never been married.

They want to announce to the world that they got their Husband (in their case QB) because it's what's right to do, but yet they are just going by title without knowing that it's the right guy for them.

It all ends in divorce no matter what way you look at it.

You couldn't be more wrong. Once again, YOU guys brought Geno into this discussion. No one else. We're talking about the Chiefs using the 1.1 to make a lateral move.

siberian khatru
Using the No. 1 pick to fill a hole of your own creation. Awesome.

ModSocks

And why would you think that?

CoMoChief
hes worth a 1st

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Not really, with the scheme he was playing in and the QB that he was protecting has really helped his draft stock and to disguise his weaknesses.

This. It's pretty easy to block pass rushers who have to worry about containment and can't pin their ears back and straight rush the QB.

O.city
@OmarKelly: I'm sensing Branden Albert was more of a smoke screen than reality for the Dolphins. That's not Ireland's style. Just isn't.

Hammock Parties
Like I said yesterday...

Goodbye, Branden.

Fuck you, Reid & Dorsey.

DaneMcCloud
22 guys off the street part 2.

What?

'Hamas' Jenkins
If Scott ***** drafted Joeckel and traded for Alex Smith, what would you say?

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

suds79
03-22-2013, 10:27 AM
hes worth a 1st

Not for a LT. When was the last time a LT was traded for a 1st?

Think the Alex Smith trade (keep in mind asking price for QBs is high) has skewed what we think other positions are worth.

... Not even trying to say Albert isn't a good player. Just saying if he was worth a 1st, they'd be able to get a first. Won't happen.

Mr_Tomahawk
@OmarKelly: I'm sensing Branden Albert was more of a smoke screen than reality for the Dolphins. That's not Ireland's style. Just isn't.

Meh...he is just a radio guy.

He also was next to certain that Manning was going end up as a fish last year...

RunKC
Fine

That still leaves you with a rookie LT and a first time RT in front of Alex smith who already gets sacked a lot.

Elite LT prospect + OU RT got the Vikings to the playoffs last year and they have a way shittier QB than we do.

Hammock Parties
I'm going to assume Joeckel would be an upgrade to Albert if it happens

Homer on!

He'll probably give up 10 sacks this year.

beer bacon
Not really disagreeing with what you said. Simply saying this comes down to a different evaluation.

Is Alex Smith Cassel 2.0? Or will he be a high QB raiting guy in Andy's system like he was the last two years in SF? Clearly the Chiefs think he can be the ladder.

When we all look back, it'll simply come down to who was the better move. Alex Smith? Or Geno Smith.

My point is that all the evidence points towards Alex Smith never winning a Super Bowl. You just don't get Super Bowl winning QBs by trading for them or signing them in free agency. We've used that model for 30 years, and all it does it make you consistently mediocre. It is disheartening that we brought in new guys, and they immediately did what the Chiefs have been doing since 1985 with no success. You can easily look around the NFL and see how teams are winning Super Bowls, and the Chiefs aren't doing what those Super Bowl winning teams did.

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 10:28 AM

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

Truth.

BossChief
Well, I've always taken you for a dumbass cunt, so there is that, you raging fucking pussy.

That wasn't predictable at all....

---

This has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith...this has to do with the fact that we are wasting the top pick on a lateral move.

O.city
Meh...he is just a radio guy.

He also was next to certain that Manning was going end up as a fish last year...

He seems to have some connection down there.

mcaj22
03-22-2013, 10:29 AM
alex smith is going to survive 5 games with a rookie LT and a first year RT

this is going to be a recipe for disaster

CoMoChief
Using the No. 1 pick to fill a hole of your own creation. Awesome.

no shit

dont agree with this at all...

BigMeatballDave
You couldn't be more wrong. Once again, YOU guys brought Geno into this discussion. No one else. We're talking about the Chiefs using the 1.1 to make a lateral move.

I do not like any of this, but I really don't see it as a lateral move. Yes, it's LT for LT, but Albert is 7 years older. That is huge in this league.

Not drinking the Kool-aide, just trying to cope. :)

PRIEST
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Or you could have just NOT TRADED FOR ALEX ****ING SMITH!

This :banghead:

ModSocks
alex smith is going to survive 5 games with a rookie LT and a first year RT

this is going to be a recipe for disaster

It'll be interesting to see who the fans turn on first if a lot of sacks are given up.

Is it Jockel's fault for letting them through, or Smith's fault for holding onto the ball too long?

KCJay
And why would you think that?

The Chiefs also were believed to be impressed with Syracuse's Ryan Nassib and Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert, both of whom they likely could get in later rounds.
-------------
I have the link to this statement, but the site won't let me post it..

Just one of the many..

beach tribe
http://blogs.dailymail.com/nerdliving/files/2011/08/album-it-takes-two.jpg

They look like a couple Mos in that pic.

ChiefsCountry
Jockel isn't even the best NFL prospect tackle on that team, yet he is suppose to go #1. Welcome to Brian Joziak Part II.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Jockel isn't even the best NFL prospect tackle on that team, yet he is suppose to go #1. Welcome to Brian Joziak Part II.

I'd rather play Albert under the tag this year and draft Jake Matthews next year.

DeezNutz
03-22-2013, 10:32 AM

We're going to be coming dangerously close to replicating the major tenets of the Scott Pioli plan, but rather than letting Albert walk, we'll receive some compensation.

Thus, Doreid have shown to possess at slightly greater common sense. But acquiring Alex Smith, at the price they paid, is asinine in every possible way, and this is a play directly from Pioli's handbook of dumbfuckery.

But we need to "give the new regime the benefit of the doubt," apparently. Why? No clue.

O.city
I did read somewhere that scouts think Matthews will be better suited at lt than joeckel

ShowtimeSBMVP

LOL Go look at 2010 and 2011

ChiefsCountry
I'd rather play Albert under the tag this year and draft Jake Matthews next year.

Yep. Jake Matthews is the true stud prospect down in College Station.

nychief
I think they see Joekel as a big upgrade over Albert, not a lateral move as many have suggested.

DaKCMan AP
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I think they see Joekel as a big upgrade over Albert, not a lateral move as many have suggested.

How big of an upgrade do you expect when the guy you're replacing gave up 1 sack? Talk about marginal return.

saphojunkie
So, option A)

Branden Albert
Geno Smith
#34 overall draft pick

VS.

Luke Joeckel
Alex Smith
#42 overall draft pick

I will take column A every day of the fucking week.

The absolutely ONLY way they can begin to recover from this clusterfuck is to trade out of the first spot with Buffalo, get a 2104 first rounder, and still get Eric Fisher.

Otherwise, what the fuck was any of this for?

ModSocks
I do not like any of this, but I really don't see it as a lateral move. Yes, it's LT for LT, but Albert is 7 years older. That is huge in this league.

Not drinking the Kool-aide, just trying to cope. :)

He might be 7 years younger, but some guys in this thread are acting like Albert's tank is on empty. Albert should have 4-5 more years of productive play in him. So for the next 4-5 years, the move is still a wash....unless of course your only argument is that it's going to save them money....which is a lame argument imo.

philfree
03-22-2013, 10:34 AM

We would basically trading Albert (while replacing him with a better prospect coming out of college in Joeckel) and getting Alex Smith and Ryan Nassib...

That is how am looking at it, anyway..

I doubt Reid doubles up Syracuse QBs.

MahiMike
What?

Another incoming regime that doesn't respect their OL.

ChiefsCountry
I did read somewhere that scouts think Matthews will be better suited at lt than joeckel

Everybody knows that. Hell A&M put Matthews on the right side because he is a better run blocker than Jockel and wanted to put both of them on the field. I really don't get the hard on for Jockel at all.

suds79

Well if they take a LT 1.1, he'd better f-in be a upgrade over Albert.

Realistic or not, when you take a LT 1.1, that's what you'd better get.

The Franchise
He might be 7 years younger, but some guys in this thread are acting like Albert's tank is on empty. Albert should have 4-5 more years of productive play in him. So for the next 4-5 years, the move is still a wash....unless of course your only argument is that it's going to save them money....which is a lame argument imo.

The save money argument is a meh argument anyways. If we draft Joeckel...his full contract is guaranteed.

ChiefsCountry
03-22-2013, 10:35 AM
How big of an upgrade do you expect when the guy you're replacing gave up 1 sack? Talk about marginal return.

With Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn at quarterback. That makes that stat even more impressive.

'Hamas' Jenkins
"Don't judge Alex and Luke, this is an evaluation year."

ShowtimeSBMVP

What about the 9 he gave up in 2009 and 7 in 2010?

PRIEST

Yep

B14ckmon
Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. Try to keep up.

Reid has been Sanduskying over Joeckel since Joeckel was probably in middle school.

Try to keep up.

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
The Chiefs also were believed to be impressed with Syracuse's Ryan Nassib and Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert, both of whom they likely could get in later rounds.
-------------
I have the link to this statement, but the site won't let me post it..

Just one of the many..

It's not "one of Many"....im positive it was something that was said during the Senior Bowl, in which nearly every QB, including Tyler Wilson, had been linked to the Chiefs. Beyond that, there really isn't any evidence to suggest that they are hot on Nassib.

DaKCMan AP
What about the 9 he gave up 2 years ago?

What does that have to do with anything? Are we trading Albert from 2 years ago or Albert now?

JFC you're stupid.

Tribal Warfare
Well if they take a LT 1.1, he'd better f-in be a upgrade over Albert.

Realistic or not, when you take a LT 1.1, that's what you'd better get.

yep Roaf/Ogden/Boselli type of play.

saphojunkie
03-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Look at the bright side, guys. If we trade Albert, at least we'll never have to listen to anyone suggest moving him to guard again.

ModSocks
What does that have to do with anything? Are we trading Albert from 2 years ago or Albert now?

JFC you're stupid.

The 2 year rule only applies to Alex Smith. Err....1.5 year rule i should say.

Try to keep up.

DaKCMan AP
yep Roaf/Ogden/Boselli type of play.

Only 3 OT's have EVER been taken 1.1.

Ron Yary - Hall of Famer

Orlando Pace - Future Hall of Famer

Jake Long - Not HOF.

IMO, if you take Joeckel at 1.1 he better have a Hall of Fame career. Anything otherwise is a bust.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Look at the bright side, guys. If we trade Albert, at least we'll never have to listen to anyone suggest moving him to guard again.

Really? Just wait....

Next year....it will be that we should move Joeckel to RT and draft Matthews to play LT because "look how good they were at Texas A&M together"!

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
That wasn't predictable at all....

---

This has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith...this has to do with the fact that we are wasting the top pick on a lateral move.

Shut the fuck up.

You're the dumb cunt that thought that Ricky Stanzi was worth a second round pick in 2011 and recently re-iterated that you'd STILL spend a second rounder on him.

Your player evaluations are fucking horrible. Your football knowledge is horrible. You make all these crazy assed assumptions every fucking day, just to hear yourself talk.

You're so divorced from reality that it's not only laughable, it's frightening.

saphojunkie
Really? Just wait....

Next year....it will be that we should move Joeckel to RT and draft Matthews to play LT because "look how good they were at Texas A&M together"!

I see the truth in it.

http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/803/032/803032/i-hold-at-your-neck-the-gom-ja_clink_large.jpg

DaneMcCloud

:clap:

nychief
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM

1 sack in 9 games, right? He was down with a back injury for a large part of the season. I'm just saying - these guys must see Joekel as a significant upgrade... not simply a lateral move. I think a lot factors into that - joekel is the consensus best player, younger, cheaper and better.

L.A. Chieffan
03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Theres nothing wrong with any of this. You guys always argue about hoe overrated tackles are and list all the SB winning tackles blah..blah... all i gotta say is bye

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
1 sack in 9 games, right? He was down with a back injury for a large part of the season. I'm just saying - these guys must see Joekel as a significant upgrade... not simply a lateral move. I think a lot factors into that - joekel is the consensus best player, younger, cheaper and better.

Consensus best player? Dude isn't even the consensus best LT.

ChiefsCountry
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM

He isn't even the best OT at his own school.

slimdagreat
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
As someone that shares the same name with Branden Albert (only difference is my first name is Brandon) this pains me

Bewbies
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Maybe it's because I'm a dad now, but I find it harder and harder to care about any of this.

BossChief
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM

Exactly. If Pioli was in charge of these moves, NOBODY would approve.

L.A. Chieffan
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
What do you guys think theyll do with 2nd rounder now? Maybe we can flip him to the Lions or Eagles. THe Lions are kind of dumb

Bewbies
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't know if Pioli would have traded for Smith, but he would have let Albert go and drafted LT at 1.

B14ckmon
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM
What do you guys think theyll do with 2nd rounder now? Maybe we can flip him to the Lions or Eagles. THe Lions are kind of dumb

Lions used their #1 pick on a franchise QB.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM

I don't understand this line of thinking. If Jake Mathews is better, than why was he the RT?

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 10:50 AM

He's younger and he's cheaper. But better? You have no proof of that.

Albert is a fringe Pro Bowl Caliber Tackle. He's a proven commodity. Stats would suggest he's a top 10.

So to say Joeckel is better is foolish.

And i doubt they view him as "significantly" better. Clearly, they think Albert is a Franchise Caliber player. If they didn't, they wouldn't Franchise tag him to the tune of nearly 10m.

Sadly, i DO think cost is a significant factor in this move.

But as a fan, why should you care about how much a player costs? Especially after they've already over paid for "meh" players this offseason?

Your concern should be about putting the best product on the field, and swapping a fringe Pro Bowler for a Pro Bowler at best (which I doubt Joeckel will be as long as he's blocking for Alex Smith) is't a significant upgrade.

suds79
Maybe it's because I'm a dad now, but I find it harder and harder to care about any of this.

I'm with you.

Maybe it's a self preservation move but I'd say ever since a few years ago, I just realized that I love the team, I root for them and all but they don't consult me or ask what I would do. I have no say whatsoever. So why take it personally when they lose? And now I don't.

I guess I've grown more apathetic towards the team more so over the years.

That's why I'm over the fact that they won't draft Geno. I'm over that they traded for Alex. etc. I think it's mistake but all I can do is hope it works out. If it doesn't? No big deal.

ChiefsCountry
I don't understand this line of thinking. If Jake Mathews is better, than why was he the RT?

I explained this earlier dumb dumb. He is the better run blocker than Jockel and they wanted both on the field.

nychief

Consensus is Not Unanimity.

O.city
03-22-2013, 10:51 AM

Cause joeckel couldn't play rt and they wanted both on the field at the same time.

If you look, joeckel doesn't really have elite measurables. I'd rather have fisher tbh

L.A. Chieffan
Lions used their #1 pick on a franchise QB.

Or so they think, Stafford really isnt that good. But anyways what does that have to do with this years 2nd?

RunKC
Only 3 OT's have EVER been taken 1.1.

Ron Yary - Hall of Famer

Orlando Pace - Future Hall of Famer

Jake Long - Not HOF.

IMO, if you take Joeckel at 1.1 he better have a Hall of Fame career. Anything otherwise is a bust.

If you have the #1 pick, you better expect any player you take to have a Hall of Fame career.

bevischief
03-22-2013, 10:52 AM

I am too busy laughing at all this...

Bewbies
I'm with you.

Maybe it's a self preservation move but I'd say ever since a few years ago, I just realized that I love the team, I root for them and all but they don't consult me or ask what I would do. I have no say whatsoever. So why take it personally when they lose? And now I don't.

I guess I've grown more apathetic towards the team more so over the years.

Last year I mostly pointed at my tv and laughed. I was really excited to get the #1 pick so I'd have a shiny new QB to watch grow.

Oops.

B14ckmon
Or so they think, Stafford really isnt that good. But anyways what does that have to do with this years 2nd?

I was responding to the comment about them being dumb.

And Stafford is good.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
I explained this earlier dumb dumb. He is the better run blocker than Jockel and they wanted both on the field.

In our offense I'd rather have the guy who has proven to be a better pass blocker.

And he was, as seen by his play.

Joeckel has also never been hurt before to my knowledge. You think Reid and Dorsey are wanting to pay big money to a LT that misses games every season?

Hammock Parties
Picking any LT at 1.1 is a really bad idea.

The player will forever be compared to Albert, and if he's not significantly, better, the pick is a waste.

These assholes better trade down even IF they trade Albert.

Also I'm fairly certain Joeckel is going to be a horrendous run blocker, so that makes Charles less effective.

Woohoo!

L.A. Chieffan
I was responding to the comment about them being dumb.

And Stafford is good.

Meh, I feel much more confident with Alex.

Mr. Laz
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
He better be.

Alex Smith better be a big upgrade over Cassel

(he needs to be Cassel + 2.2 pk worth improvement)

Joeckel better be a big upgrade over albert

(he basically has to be albert + 1.1 pk worth. Is Joeckel worth Albert + Geno Smith?)

If not this offseason has been a gigantic waste of time and Reid/Dorsey can go **** themselves.

Fritz88
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM

Well said. Jockel over the next five years won't cost as much as Albert in the next five.

A second and a third/fourth and I'll forgive the high price paid for Alex.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
A second in next year's draft and no team is biting...

wut is wrong with 31 NFL GM's:deevee:

Molitoth
Shut the **** up.

You're the dumb **** that thought that Ricky Stanzi was worth a second round pick in 2011 and recently re-iterated that you'd STILL spend a second rounder on him.

Your player evaluations are ****ing horrible. Your football knowledge is horrible. You make all these crazy assed assumptions every ****ing day, just to hear yourself talk.

You're so divorced from reality that it's not only laughable, it's frightening.

Apparently the public Apology for being such a crank ass was sincere.

nychief
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
He's younger and he's cheaper. But better? You have no proof of that.

Albert is a fringe Pro Bowl Caliber Tackle. He's a proven commodity. Stats would suggest he's a top 10.

So to say Joeckel is better is foolish.

And i doubt they view him as "significantly" better. Clearly, they think Albert is a Franchise Caliber player. If they didn't, they wouldn't Franchise tag him to the tune of nearly 10m.

Sadly, i DO think cost is a significant factor in this move.

But as a fan, why should you care about how much a player costs? Especially after they've already over paid for "meh" players this offseason?

Your concern should be about putting the best product on the field, and swapping a fringe Pro Bowler for a Pro Bowler at best (which I doubt Joeckel will be as long as he's blocking for Alex Smith) is't a significant upgrade.

I'm saying THE CHIEFS think he is better.... you are right, there is no way to know, yet.... just like there is no way to know what Geno will become. But actions speak here... they are going to take him and trade Albert. You can call them stupid, that is fine, but it is obvious to see where there heads are - they think Joeckel is a better player. As for the franchise semantics, lets not pretend like every player tagged is considered "franchise," just because the CBA calls the tag that.

O.city
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
In our offense I'd rather have the guy who has proven to be a better pass blocker.

And he was, as seen by his play.

Joeckel has also never been hurt before to my knowledge. You think Reid and Dorsey are wanting to pay big money to a LT that misses games every season?

Well they've already committed to pay him big money, so?

Scouts are already saying Matthews projects to be a better lt prospect than joeckel. Like we all talked about, joeckel a measurablea aren't elite they're average.

There has/ will be a joeckel in about every draft. I don't thin thee is a guy with fishers upside that often

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Well said. Jockel over the next five years won't cost as much as Albert in the next five.

A second and a third/fourth and I'll forgive the high price paid for Alex.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why do you care how much he costs? Is it your money?

And so what if they save 5 mill a year. Does that mean they are going to go out and spend it on some high quality player (as if you could get one for that 5mill....)? The Chiefs have a history of that?

hometeam
03-22-2013, 11:00 AM
If you trade albert for a 2/3 and draft an LT at one all you have done is trade 1.1 for Alex Smith.

what the fuck.

RunKC
03-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Well they've already committed to pay him big money, so?

Scouts are already saying Matthews projects to be a better lt prospect than joeckel. Like we all talked about, joeckel a measurablea aren't elite they're average.

There has/ will be a joeckel in about every draft. I don't thin thee is a guy with fishers upside that often

That's understandable and I would love to have Fisher too, but here's what we should realize.

What players in this draft are better pure football players than Joeckel or Fisher?

Those 2 are easily the best in this class.

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
A second in next year's draft and no team is biting...

wut is wrong with 31 NFL GM's:deevee:

Why would they bite? How many LT's have you seen get traded for a 2nd round pick? Honest question, because i can't remember the last one.

LTs can be found in this draft....hell in every draft....Albert was a 17th overall iirc.

Every damn year there is some "elite" lt in the draft. Never fails....it also never fails that that LT is mocked to the Chiefs, lol.

And for the record, i don't think the Chiefs will trade Albert. I also don't think they will draft Joeckel.

If they do draft Joeckel, i think it'll be because they think they can't retain Albert, not because they think Joeckel is significantly better.

It smells like a cost cutting move.

mcaj22
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
It'll be interesting to see who the fans turn on first if a lot of sacks are given up.

Is it Jockel's fault for letting them through, or Smith's fault for holding onto the ball too long?

injury prone veteran QB behind inexperienced young offensive line

yep that screams 6-10 with Chase Daniel starting half the season

BossChief
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
We're going to be coming dangerously close to replicating the major tenets of the Scott ***** plan, but rather than letting Albert walk, we'll receive some compensation.

Thus, Doreid have shown to possess at slightly greater common sense. But acquiring Alex Smith, at the price they paid, is asinine in every possible way, and this is a play directly from *****'s handbook of dumbfuckery.

But we need to "give the new regime the benefit of the doubt," apparently. Why? No clue.

Because if they don't ignore the similarities, they have to deal with the reality.

Herds of posters are in the rationalizing state of this, dare I say, Process2.

mcaj22
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Why would they bite? How many LT's have you seen get traded for a 2nd round pick? Honest question, because i can't remember the last one.

LTs can be found in this draft....hell in every draft....Albert was a 17th overall iirc.

the answer to this is....

Andy Reid traded a 28th? overall first rounder for LT Jason Peters

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 11:04 AM
the answer to this is....

Andy Reid traded a 28th? overall first rounder for LT Jason Peters

Ah ok. Yeah, i really didn't know.

KC native
Unfucking believable. Fuck this franchise.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Alex Smith getting KTFOd wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Then we can pass on another crop of young QBs next year and have the same lively and original debate over QB prospects that we've had every year since 2009.

ptlyon
03-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Un****ing believable. **** this franchise.

No shit. Just trade him to SF & get our shit back

Ace Gunner
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM

Every damn year there is some "elite" lt in the draft. Never fails....it also never fails that that LT is mocked to the Chiefs, lol.

And for the record, i don't think the Chiefs will trade Albert. I also don't think they will draft Joeckel.

If they do draft Joeckel, i think it'll be because they think they can't retain Albert, not because they think Joeckel is significantly better.

It smells like a cost cutting move.

well, ya :D Dane nailed it.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
I'll take Kyle Long at LT over Luke Joeckel.

Chiefnj2
03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Why would any team give up that much for Albert when they know KC is caught between a rock and a hard place?

Things going against KC:
- There are still some quality tackles available in free agency where you don't have to give up two draft picks.
- If they don't take a tackle at 1.1 who else are they going to take? It isn't going to be a QB. They are going to use a #1 on Milliner, or a questionable DT? This draft sucks to have the #1.
- Albert's back spasms may spook teams from having to give a big paycheck and draft picks.
- If they take a tackle and Albert is on the roster KC has essentially drafted a RT (for the year), or they are dealing with a disgruntled Branden.

BigCatDaddy
03-22-2013, 11:11 AM
That's understandable and I would love to have Fisher too, but here's what we should realize.

What players in this draft are better pure football players than Joeckel or Fisher?

Those 2 are easily the best in this class.

Geno? You know the guy all of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB are salivating over.

kcfanXIII
03-22-2013, 11:13 AM
TE and WR not better? QB is ten times better

False

DTLB58
03-22-2013, 11:15 AM

Appears so. From this story. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/22/chiefs-want-more-than-a-second-round-pick-for-branden-albert/

The Chiefs will seek a second-round pick in this year’s draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for Albert, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports. We don’t yet know what that other pick in 2014 would be, but it could be a conditional pick designed to replace the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs gave up for Smith.

DTLB58
03-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Well, you gotta find someone to give you that much first.

I think, this information makes it less likely a deal will get done if, the Chiefs stand by these demands.

Fritz88
03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Why do you care how much he costs? Is it your money?

And so what if they save 5 mill a year. Does that mean they are going to go out and spend it on some high quality player (as if you could get one for that 5mill....)? The Chiefs have a history of that?

Yup, saving 25 millions over five years won't help in signing, re-signing players.

Drop that pipe.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
think about this if they trade Albert that leaves

LT - rookie or 2nd year first time full time starter
LG - first time full starter
C - has Rodney Hudson even played a full season yet. Doesnt even have a full 16 games in him as center
RG - Jon Asomoah, 3rd year... this will be our most tenured player on the line, let that sink in for a minute
RT - first time RT whether its a rookie or a guy on the roster

hate on guys like Lilja and Eric Winston all you want be they were veteran presence glue guys that are players that absolutely need to be sprinkled throughout your NFL offensive line. Every o-line in the NFL has guys like that

this will be a disaster

RunKC
03-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Geno? You know the guy all of the teams in the top 10 that need a QB are salivating over.

They aren't salivating over him. They know their QB's suck and they are desperate for anything.

DTLB58
03-22-2013, 11:26 AM

Good point, so is taking both of their 2nd rounders this year.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 11:27 AM
think about this if they trade Albert that leaves

LT - rookie or 2nd year first time full time starter
LG - first time full starter
C - has Rodney Hudson even played a full season yet. Doesnt even have a full 16 games in him as center
RG - Jon Asomoah, 3rd year... this will be our most tenured player on the line, let that sink in for a minute
RT - first time RT whether its a rookie or a guy on the roster

hate on guys like Lilja and Eric Winston all you want be they were veteran presence glue guys that are players that absolutely need to be sprinkled throughout your NFL offensive line. Every o-line in the NFL has guys like that

this will be a disaster

Sounds like a great way to protect your veteran QB who's known to take sacks.

mcaj22
03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
they really painted themselves in a corner with having to field a young experience offensive line.

i dont know understand the motive of going out and getting a 29 year old QB to "win now/compete now" but they put in front him what will be potentially by far the youngest and most inexperience offensive line in the NFL

they arent filling all these holes on the o-line with veterans starters in FA so it's going to be a combo of draft picks and Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson and Goeff Schwartz competing for 2, 3, potentially even 4 open positions LOL.

teams are going to blitz the crap out of this offensive line in the gameplan, bunch of guys that wont know where shit is coming from at the NFL level.

LT and LG will both be brand new players or first time starters. That left side will be beat like a fucking drum

RealSNR
03-22-2013, 11:34 AM
This is a fucking nightmare. I never dreamed Dorsey and Reid were this fucking stupid when they were first hired.

They better not trade Albert. They better not draft Joeckel. Sheesh, it's already bad enough what they've done to this shitwreck of a team.

They just poured a small container of baking soda on the dumpster fire. That's all the improvements they've made. Mostly in the way of Cassel -> Smith and Jackson's new contract.

Fucking awful.

ModSocks
03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a great way to protect your veteran QB who's known to take sacks.

And is known to be frail.....

Why are we even talking about this? Don't question Andy Reid and John Dorsey. Every move they make is the right one until proven otherwise....despite what logic would dictate.....stupid Geno Homers.....Get over it....Chiefs aren't drafting Geno.....bastards.

mcaj22
03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
i guess they werent lying when Geoff Schwartz said that Dorsey/Reid told them the best 5 will roll on the oline

lol that could be fucking anybody. I think all five spots will be completely different from last season.

The Franchise
03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
And is known to be frail.....

Why are we even talking about this? Don't question Andy Reid and John Dorsey. Every move they make is the right one until proven otherwise....despite what logic would dictate.....stupid Geno Homers.....Get over it....Chiefs aren't drafting Geno.....bastards.

It's all a plan. They're starting early in the quest to suck for Bridgewater.

Mr. Laz
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
They just have to keep Albert for at least one more season.

If they love Joeckel and just have to have him then put him at RT for a year.

Next year we tag/trade Albert and move Joeckel to LT.

Starting a season with 1st year starters at both OT's is just a disaster waiting to happen.