PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs reportedly 'fascinated' by Geno Smith

Pages : 1 [2]

Pasta Little Brioni
03-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Well agree to disagree, but one thing's for certain after drafting Geno the QB position and depth would be RIDICULOUSLY upgraded and that is damn fine by me.

Setsuna
03-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Why do you have a pic of Geno if you want Tyler Bray? Ur the retard

Cuz we might get him. And I'm falling in love with him. It's gone from Buttseks for Bray to Gargling for Geno in a flash!

BossChief
03-27-2013, 09:23 PM
How did this tidbit get overlooked?

Ian Rappaport reported that the Chiefs scouts said they see a young McNabb in Geno Smith.

That's the comparison I see, too.

Tribal Warfare
03-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Cuz we might get him. And I'm falling in love with him. It's gone from Buttseks for Bray to Gargling for Geno in a flash!

As I stated before Bray will either be a superstar or will be out of league within 4 years, because if he decides to get serious about opportunity his to play in the NFL. A Favre/Marino combo.

Chiefaholic
03-27-2013, 09:39 PM
And teams would actually fall for this?

I never understood the glass half empty crowd. Ever heard of a fella by the name of Ricky Williams? Is a team willing to be that ****ing dumb? Probably not, but I don't think the Chiefs front office is looking for a kings ransom. Dorsey said earlier he had 6-8 guys he was considering for the #1 overall pick. They can trade down, get more draft picks, and still get one of the top 6-8 they were originally debating on.

BossChief
03-27-2013, 09:55 PM
I never understood the glass half empty crowd. Ever heard of a fella by the name of Ricky Williams? Is a team willing to be that ****ing dumb? Probably not, but I don't think the Chiefs front office is looking for a kings ransom. Dorsey said earlier he had 6-8 guys he was considering for the #1 overall pick. They can trade down, get more draft picks, and still get one of the top 6-8 they were originally debating on.

Backstory to that draft that Reid said a few days ago...

The Saints called Philly offering their whole draft and another pick to move to the second overall slot to take Ricky Williams and Andy Reid turned down the offer and took McNabb.

MotherfuckerJones
03-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Backstory to that draft that Reid said a few days ago...

The Saints called Philly offering their whole draft and another pick to move to the second overall slot to take Ricky Williams and Andy Reid turned down the offer and took McNabb.

That right there shows why we gota give Reid some time. The draft hasnt even happened yet and fans are freaking out ROFL. Theres so much BS going on right now through the media. Teams are spewing shit to try and boost trade value, get players to fall, etc

Bump
03-27-2013, 10:06 PM
they probably started watching some tape and were like "Oh shit, we made a big mistake getting Alex" so they are "fascinated"

KChiefs1
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
How did this tidbit get overlooked?

Ian Rappaport reported that the Chiefs scouts said they see a young McNabb in Geno Smith.

That's the comparison I see, too.

McNabb was on NFLN saying he(McNabb) had a stronger arm.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Shut the fuck up, Herpes Dick.

Your ass should still be banned. You're fucking bandwagon cunt without an original thought in your pointy little head.

Would her Royal Cuntness prefer Massengil or Summers Eve this day?
Posted via Mobile Device

AussieChiefsFan
03-27-2013, 10:43 PM
can't believe the Geno-ites didn't already post this. y'all are slippin.. welp.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9532348#post9532348

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-27-2013, 10:45 PM
You really need to calm down, dude. The speculation, hypotheticals, and creative projecting are 95% the fun that a place like Chiefs Planet offers.

I know Geno or one of his supporters touched you inappropriately or whatever, but that's no reason to take your misgivings and anger about him onto everybody else.

hahahaha...lol
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook
03-27-2013, 10:54 PM
ProFootballCentral just said that the Chiefs interest in Geno is real and not a smokescreen.

BTW they were credited on NFL Network so I guess they are a legit source now.

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Would her Royal Cuntness prefer Massengil or Summers Eve this day?
Posted via Mobile Device

You tell me.

Ming the Merciless
03-27-2013, 10:59 PM
You tell me.

Id prefer you to grow a Dick and admit you fucking love Alex Smith instead of kicking rocks and acting like a Pussy when you are asked for your opinion.

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Id prefer you to grow a Dick and admit you fucking love Alex Smith instead of kicking rocks and acting like a Pussy when you are asked for your opinion.

LMAO

Go fuck yourself, Dummy.

I have about as much love for Alex Smith as I do for you. Now, get back to your "meeting" in Tracy.

Dumbfuck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-27-2013, 11:03 PM

Dane loves people bitching and arguing with him. It allows him to work his MO with impunity and gleeful abandon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
03-27-2013, 11:07 PM
LMAO

Go **** yourself, Dummy.

I have about as much love for Alex Smith as I do for you. Now, get back to your "meeting" in Tracy.

Dumb****.

So you are not happy about the Alex Smith trade? Jesus you are more fickle than a long haired southern Cal guy with s huge clit

Ps I wouldn't stop in Tracy to hover over a toilet to take a shit without touching anything, even to leave a floater at your pimp's trailer

Id rather shart myself and drive through

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2013, 11:13 PM
So you are not happy about the Alex Smith trade? Jesus you are more fickle than a long haired southern Cal guy with s huge clit

Ps I wouldn't stop in Tracy to hover over a toilet to take a shit without touching anything, even to leave a floater at your pimp's trailer

Id rather shart myself and drive through

Fickle? Are you mental?

What gave you any idea that I either loved or hated the Smith trade?

And why is it so important for you to have my approval or disapproval?

DaneMcCloud
03-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Dane loves people bitching and arguing with him. It allows him to work his MO with impunity and gleeful abandon.
Posted via Mobile Device

And what is my "M.O."?

Ming the Merciless
03-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Fickle? Are you mental?

What gave you any idea that I either loved or hated the Smith trade?

And why is it so important for you to have my approval or disapproval?

It seemed to me you haven't complained about this trade, in the slightest.

Hey I value your opinion.....you were the one who convinced me to dislike the game manager + solid D + decent run game type of formula

Maybe I am in love with you?

But seriously I just cant reconcile the dissonance between your utter disdain for cassel and your lack of similar complaints regarding cassel 2.0

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-27-2013, 11:26 PM
And what is my "M.O."?

To yell, piss, and scream at anyone who refuses to gargle Reid and Dorsey's balls. Or, to yell, piss, and scream at anyone who doesn't subscribe to "Dane Logic".
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
I really hope he comes into KC for a Private work out and blows their socks off. Leave no doubt, Geno.

You would at least think that IF they really wanted to make their smokescreen somewhat believable (although the AS trade and CD b/u big $$ kinda blew the cover already) the FO would've at least had him in for a private work out already.:hmmm: I think it's too late because it would be too embarrassingly obvious just like this piece coming out now.

look@dafilm
03-28-2013, 01:04 AM
and the Jets aren't looking to trade Revis...

penbrook
03-28-2013, 01:09 AM
and the Jets aren't looking to trade Revis...

Nope Rex Ryan even said so at the owners meeting..

DaneMcCloud
03-28-2013, 01:52 AM
Nope Rex Ryan even said so at the owners meeting..

LMAO

mcan
03-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Don't think for a second that this is beyond the scope of possibility. Dorsey drafted Rodgers and sat him for years behind Farve... And Alex Smith is no Brett Farve.

03-28-2013, 02:14 AM
What is the word on Barkley's pro day? I heard only 31 teams showed up to watch.

Ace Gunner
03-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Here is Joel Thorman discussing this article and the Geno pick yesterday during the local (610 Danny Parkins)radio show;

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6299882

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2013, 05:30 AM
Don't think for a second that this is beyond the scope of possibility. Dorsey drafted Rodgers and sat him for years behind Farve... And Alex Smith is no Brett Farve.

We already signed a backup to a nice contract this season...

Move along.

Ace Gunner
03-28-2013, 05:42 AM
I would buy into if we hadn't rushed out and signed chase to a nice backup contract already.

Moving chase to the 3rd spot with his contract is absurd.

We are not drafting Geno. Hopefully other teams will buy into our interest in Geno like some of you on this board. We will make out very well in the draft picks we get back in the trade.

while I think most folks are aware the Chiefs are drumming up a trade out, and while I am perhaps in the minority in believing they can't trade out, IF Geno were drafted by KC, he'd be the #3 QB and Daniel would be the BU.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2013, 05:43 AM
while I think most folks are aware the Chiefs are drumming up a trade out, and while I am perhaps in the minority in believing they can't trade out, IF Geno were drafted by KC, he'd be the #3 QB and Daniel would be the BU.lolwut

Mr_Tomahawk
03-28-2013, 05:45 AM
while I think most folks are aware the Chiefs are drumming up a trade out, and while I am perhaps in the minority in believing they can't trade out, IF Geno were drafted by KC, he'd be the #3 QB and Daniel would be the BU.

So the #1 overall pick would probably be inactive most of the season...?

You don't think drafting Geno and listing him 3rd wouldn't create a QB controversy in a QB starved town? You think dorseid want to deal with that sort of distraction their first season here...?

Sorry...I don't see it happening.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2013, 05:48 AM

You don't think drafting Geno and listing him 3rd wouldn't create a QB controversy in a QB starved town? You think dorseid want to deal with that sort of distraction their first season here...?

Sorry...I don't see it happening.Pretty much what I was thinking, but im to lazy to type right now so Ill stick with "lolwut" :D

Ace Gunner
03-28-2013, 05:54 AM

Sorry...I don't see it happening.

what you and others are leaving out of this discussion is that Geno might be the BPA at #1 and sitting a QB (named Rodgers) happens a lot in the NFL.

Also, it is hilarious you or any fan thinks the staff would cave to your whining. Whether Geno is drafted or not, there will be a "Chase Fan" presence calling for his number over Alex, and the staff won't give one fuck about it.

Ace Gunner
03-28-2013, 05:56 AM
lolwut

Geno Smith is not ready for this. I know it's difficult for folks to wrap their head around this.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Geno Smith is not ready for this. I know it's difficult for folks to wrap their head around this.Not ready to be active on an NFL roster? Not ready to be 2nd string? Not ready for what?

patteeu
03-28-2013, 06:05 AM
Geno "Slow Eyes" Smith. It's got a ring to it.

I love the Rich Eisen Podcast. If you haven't subscribed, you ought to give it a try.

I just listened to the Rich Eisen Podcast with Greg Cosell on it and for the sake of balance (and to give SNR a burst of hope), Cosell does end up saying that knowing Andy Reid the way he does, it wouldn't surprise him if Reid ends up taking Ol' Slow Eyes with the 1.1.

Cosell doesn't see Geno as "the guy", but he doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that Andy Reid might. And he doesn't think the fact that Reid gave a 2nd for Alex Smith would make him hesitate at all to take a QB with the top pick.

Marcellus
03-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Not ready to be active on an NFL roster? Not ready to be 2nd string? Not ready for what?
Here is my opinion.

The Chiefs FO think they are ready to win and win now. I mean contend not 9-7 etc....I m not saying I am convinced I am saying they are convinced.

Geno is not prepared at this point to contend now. He is not RG3, Luck etc...but he is a good prospect for a team either looking to start from scratch and build (KC is not), or to sit and learn on a contender.

The question is are they willing to take Geno to sit while they try to contend or are they just pumping his value up for a trade out of the #1 slot.

I think we all know what they are most likely doing.

AussieChiefsFan
03-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Here is my opinion.

The Chiefs FO think they are ready to win and win now. I mean contend not 9-7 etc....I m not saying I am convinced I am saying they are convinced.

Geno is not prepared at this point to contend now. He is not RG3, Luck etc...but he is a good prospect for a team either looking to start from scratch and build (KC is not), or to sit and learn on a contender.

The question is are they willing to take Geno to sit while they try to contend or are they just pumping his value up for a trade out of the #1 slot.

I think we all know what they are most likely doing.Fair enough, but I just dont see him sitting behind Daniel as the 3rd string QB.

Ace Gunner
03-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Not ready to be active on an NFL roster? Not ready to be 2nd string? Not ready for what?

not ready for active roster, not ready to BU.

and for those interested;

Here is Joel Thorman discussing this article and the Geno pick yesterday during the local (610 Danny Parkins)radio show;

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=6299882

YayMike
03-28-2013, 06:45 AM
Here is my opinion.

I think we all know what they are most likely doing.

I agree. If i remember correctly, Daniel's contract is front loaded, so he could be cut next year with little to no cost. Draft Geno, sit him and let him learn, and worry about the rest later.

YayMike
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
Fair enough, but I just dont see him sitting behind Daniel as the 3rd string QB.

I think that would depend how he does in camp, and how really ready they deem Geno to be. Just my dumbass opinion, but we are one hit away from Alex Smith getting another concussion, and if that happens Daniel is your starter and Geno is #2. Perhaps they are considering that too.. I don't think that it is the end of the world if he is 3rd string though I admit it is pretty unheard of.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Probably already been said, but This 1.1 pick is almost like a luxury pick for the Chiefs. Especially if they dont trade Albert. For that reason, i could envision them taking Geno as a possibility.

Chiefnj2
03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Probably already been said, but This 1.1 pick is almost like a luxury pick for the Chiefs. Especially if they dont trade Albert. For that reason, i could envision them taking Geno as a possibility.

The 1.1 pick is NEVER a luxury pick. It means you were the WORST team in the NFL the year before. A two win team does not become a Super Bowl contender with the addition of Alex Smith.

Chief Roundup
03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
The 1.1 pick is NEVER a luxury pick. It means you were the WORST team in the NFL the year before. A two win team does not become a Super Bowl contender with the addition of Alex Smith.

That is true. But Harbaugh did take Alex Smith to the NFC Championship game. After the 49ers had been bad for a long time. Hopefully Reid can have that affect here as well.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2013, 07:21 AM
A two win team does not become a Super Bowl contender with the addition of Alex Smith.

When i mean "luxury" i mean that very few starting positions will be filled with draft picks. Most of the holes were filled in FA or resigning veterans.

and Yes, Smith is capable of turning a team around in the right situation. he did it 2 years ago.....Miami did it in 08 with Pennington and Chad Henne. Of course, they fell off the map after that.............

Lex Luthor
03-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I think that would depend how he does in camp, and how really ready they deem Geno to be. Just my dumbass opinion, but we are one hit away from Alex Smith getting another concussion, and if that happens Daniel is your starter and Geno is #2. Perhaps they are considering that too.. I don't think that it is the end of the world if he is 3rd string though I admit it is pretty unheard of.
There isn't really a significant difference between #2 and #3. Neither is the starter. All it means is that the #3 can't go in and play if the starter is hurt and #2 is healthy.

Aaron Rodgers saw virtually no action his first THREE seasons with the Packers. I don't think it really mattered if he was #2 or #3 during that time.

Alex Smith is obviously the short term solution. I'm pretty sure Reid and Dorsey are thinking about BOTH the short term and the long term. That doesn't mean they'll draft Geno Smith. But they certainly could.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Alex Smith is obviously the short term solution. I'm pretty sure Reid and Dorsey are thinking about BOTH the short term and the long term. That doesn't mean they'll draft Geno Smith. But they certainly could.

This.....DOrsey/Reid are not stupid enough (unlike Piioli) to just stand pat with Alex Smith if they feel hes not progressing the team.

Ultimately, i still think if they cant trade down, they just select Joeckel or Fisher.

Dave Lane
03-28-2013, 07:48 AM
This.....DOrsey/Reid are not stupid enough (unlike Piioli) to just stand pat with Alex Smith if they feel hes not progressing the team.

Ultimately, i still think if they cant trade down, they just select Joeckel or Fisher.

This is a contradiction. Read my sig. We have NO backup QBs with any experience. Daniels at anything above 3rd string means you need a QB in the pipeline.

RealSNR
03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
I just listened to the Rich Eisen Podcast with Greg Cosell on it and for the sake of balance (and to give SNR a burst of hope), Cosell does end up saying that knowing Andy Reid the way he does, it wouldn't surprise him if Reid ends up taking Ol' Slow Eyes with the 1.1.

Cosell doesn't see Geno as "the guy", but he doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility that Andy Reid might. And he doesn't think the fact that Reid gave a 2nd for Alex Smith would make him hesitate at all to take a QB with the top pick.

You really need to stop this obsession with me. Geno is as dead to me as the Chiefs are.

durtyrute
03-28-2013, 08:02 AM
what you and others are leaving out of this discussion is that Geno might be the BPA at #1 and sitting a QB (named Rodgers) happens a lot in the NFL.

Also, it is hilarious you or any fan thinks the staff would cave to your whining. Whether Geno is drafted or not, there will be a "Chase Fan" presence calling for his number over Alex, and the staff won't give one fuck about it.

But what about the banners?

Setsuna
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM

LMAO You stupid bro.

That is true. But Harbaugh did take Alex Smith to the NFC Championship game. After the 49ers had been bad for a long time. Hopefully Reid can have that affect here as well.
They weren't bad. Alex Smiff was bad. And he's your QB.

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
You really need to stop this obsession with me. Geno is as dead to me as the Chiefs are.

SN Obi One R, youre our only hope!!!

The Bad Guy
03-28-2013, 08:12 AM
LMAO You stupid bro.

They weren't bad. Alex Smiff was bad. And he's your QB.

I'd take 100 Alex Smith's before I take one Blane Gabbert.

patteeu
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM

I'm not obsessed with you, SNR. You're just the face of the Geno mafia to me. It's an abstraction, don't take it personally.

Carlota69
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
I'd take 100 Alex Smith's before I take one Blane Gabbert.

Here, here.
Just read that G. Smith will be in KC for 2 days? Or is that Smith on April 1 and Milner April 2?

I haven't really said much about the sitch, but I'm in the camp of people who believe it is very possible to draft Smith at 1.1 and sit him for a year. I could see this FO doing that without hesitation. I see them letting Daniel and G Smith battling for 2nd and Stanzi on practice squad. I guess Im also hoping for it.

philfree
03-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Here, here.
Just read that G. Smith will be in KC for 2 days? Or is that Smith on April 1 and Milner April 2?

I haven't really said much about the sitch, but I'm in the camp of people who believe it is very possible to draft Smith at 1.1 and sit him for a year. I could see this FO doing that without hesitation. I see them letting Daniel and G Smith battling for 2nd and Stanzi on practice squad. I guess Im also hoping for it.

I was thinking that part. Chase Daniel is a really competitive and he'll push both Smiths creating a great situation for our QBs.

penbrook
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Here, here.

Smith will visit Arrowhead stadium April 1 and April 2. Millner will just be April 1.

April 1 is the same day that offseason workouts start.. Hmm coinsedence?? Bowe might be catching balls from Geno..

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Smith will visit Arrowhead stadium April 1 and April 2. Millner will just be April 1.

April 1 is the same day that offseason workouts start.. Hmm coinsedence?? Bowe might be catching balls from Geno..

And when you say "catching balls" you mean a football, in his hands, right?

patteeu
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Here, here.

Two days for Geno so they can fit in an eye examination.

penbrook
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
And when you say "catching balls" you mean a football, in his hands, right?

Yes a football from Genos throwing hand..

Fat Elvis
03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Here, here.

Probably letting Daniel increase his trade value which would, for him, increase his marketability/salary going forward. Trade Daniel after a year, recoup picks....

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes a football from Genos throwing hand..

Thank God. Thought you were referring to a sack in the face

BigMeatballDave
03-28-2013, 08:48 AM
A two win team does not become a Super Bowl contender with the addition of Alex Smith.

This is true, for the most part. However, the Chiefs lost 14 games simply due to abysmal play at QB. Just way too many turnovers for a weak offense to overcome. So, while I do not harbor any delusions of grandeur for a SB, as a whole the Chiefs were not your typical 2-14 team. I will not be surprised to see 10-11 wins.

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2013, 08:49 AM
that's all fine and dandy, but you don't trade away for Alex Smith just to draft another quarterback #1 overall. Alex wouldn't exactly appreciate that.

penbrook
03-28-2013, 08:51 AM
that's all fine and dandy, but you don't trade away for Alex Smith just to draft another quarterback #1 overall. Alex wouldn't exactly appreciate that.

Its not about Alexs feelings. Its a buisness.

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
This is true, for the most part. However, the Chiefs lost 14 games simply due to abysmal play at QB. Just way too many turnovers for a weak offense to overcome. So, while I do not harbor any delusions of grandeur for a SB, as a whole the Chiefs were not your typical 2-14 team. I will not be surprised to see 10-11 wins.

ROFL

Ace Gunner
03-28-2013, 08:53 AM
But what about the banners?

heh. and what about matty c/25 turnovers & 2 - 14 and a bullet to the head?

it doesn't take a kid to convince a farmer the crop is ripe, it takes a ripe crop to convince a farmer :D

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 08:54 AM

I'm sure after being benched and watching his team go to the SB, then traded, I'm pretty sure he can handle this for $8.5 mil

Mr. Laz
03-28-2013, 08:54 AM
You would at least think that IF they really wanted to make their smokescreen somewhat believable (although the AS trade and CD b/u big $$ kinda blew the cover already) the FO would've at least had him in for a private work out already.:hmmm: I think it's too late because it would be too embarrassingly obvious just like this piece coming out now.
I disagree ... later results in a bigger story.

Earlier it would have just been a visit among a hundred other draft things going on. A visit right now garnered a story about it.

The Franchise
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I disagree ... later results in a bigger story.

Earlier it would have just been a visit among a hundred other draft things going on. A visit right now garnered a story about it.

This.

The Franchise
03-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Every other prospect got a visit in their state. The only two players to get brought into KC are Smith and Milliner.....and Geno gets 2 days.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
and Geno gets 2 days.
extra time is especially good for a Quarterback

The interaction between Geno and Reid could make all the difference. If Geno wants to be the 1st pick of the draft, this is his chance.

BigCatDaddy
Every other prospect got a visit in their state. The only two players to get brought into KC are Smith and Milliner.....and Geno gets 2 days.

And those are probably the 2 players that make the most sense for the Chiefs.

ptlyon

Hope he throws on monday & not tuesday with a head banger

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
extra time is especially good for a Quarterback

The interaction between Geno and Reid could make all the difference. If Geno wants to be the 1st pick of the draft, this is his chance.

This is what I mean. Hello P & L district!

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2013, 09:03 AM

I'm sure after being benched and watching his team go to the SB, then traded, I'm pretty sure he can handle this for $8.5 mil

Why did Alex want to get traded in the first place? You think he's just going to accept being a stop gap? Way to piss off your new guy before he even plays a down.

Dave Lane
03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
And those are probably the 2 players that make the most sense for the Chiefs.

Total agreement. A monster pass rusher would be great but I'm not seeing one.

BigCatDaddy
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Why did Alex want to get traded in the first place? You think he's just going to accept being a stop gap? Way to piss off your new guy before he even plays a down.

He was likely a stop gap regardless of where he went. At least he isn't riding the pine this year like he would be in San Fran.

Dave Lane

No jumping off Cassels nutsack just because he's not here.

ptlyon

Ummmmm... Cuz he was BENCHED???

And not sure if he wanted to be traded or not, but like pen says, this is a business.

So, according to your logic, why did Bowe play last year? Will Albert play this year?

Not sure what the man has made in his career, but it's 8.5 mil this year & he was a 1st round pick. I think hes made some bank for actually only playing 2 years.

Besides, one more concussion, and hes fin.

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2013, 09:13 AM
exactly. he wants to be a starter. period. you can't just tell him he's the guy and then neuter him.

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 09:20 AM
exactly. he wants to be a starter. period. you can't just tell him he's the guy and then neuter him.

Oh my god! Did we hurt Cassels feelers too?

Better call & apologize!

Chiefnj2
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM

QB is, and perhaps still is, the biggest thing holding the team back. That said, KC didn't lose all those games just because of the QB. Special teams weren't very good, the OL struggled, outside of Bowe and Charles the offense has no weapons, front 3 can't generate any rush or move the pocket, pass rush was inconsistent, etc. Yes the D got tired at times but they also gave up a lot of points in a lot of games early.

Bewbies
03-28-2013, 09:47 AM

If he can't handle competition he's not worth a roster spot. On any team.

Carlota69
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Two days for Geno so they can fit in an eye examination.

:D

Carlota69
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM

Yeah, thats pretty telling..I hope.

jd1020
03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Yeah, thats pretty telling..I hope.

Gauging the price for Geno and scouting Milliner for pick #4.

RotoViz
03-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Hey guys, I wrote an article about Geno on our fantasy football site and would be interested to hear your thoughts on it as I'm sure you've spent a good amount of time thinking about his value as a prospect.

It basically looked at Geno's numbers and compared him to guys like Philip Rivers and Roethlisberger among others. I can't post the link here because I'm a new member I guess, but it basically said that Geno is similar statistically to some really good names, and then there are some other names that probably aren't as good like Leinart (Leinart also had a really impressive college career and maybe if not for his love of hot tubs and the fact that he didn't have an NFL arm, he would have been good).

I wasn't originally that high on him, but when I saw his comparables list, I did kind of wonder if maybe the Chiefs should just pull the trigger on him anyway as a player that accomplished doesn't come along every year.

I'm still not sure really.

[edit - I tried to figure out a way to copy/paste the table in my article here, but I couldn't figure it out. If anyone really wanted to read it, throwing rotoviz geno smith into a google search would probably get you there. Sorry to be a pain in the ass as I was interested in your feedback]

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Fair enough, but I just dont see him sitting behind Daniel as the 3rd string QB.

This. Utterly ludicrous. At the VERY least, there would be a legit competition for the number two spot. Daniel has proved as much in the NFL as Geno has, and don't give me that preseason bullshit, thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon
03-28-2013, 10:04 AM
So how many sad sallies we got here who still think the Chiefs will draft Geno? A lot?

Sorter
Hey guys, I wrote an article about Geno on our fantasy football site and would be interested to hear your thoughts on it as I'm sure you've spent a good amount of time thinking about his value as a prospect.

It basically looked at Geno's numbers and compared him to guys like Philip Rivers and Roethlisberger among others. I can't post the link here because I'm a new member I guess, but it basically said that Geno is similar statistically to some really good names, and then there are some other names that probably aren't as good like Leinart (Leinart also had a really impressive college career and maybe if not for his love of hot tubs and the fact that he didn't have an NFL arm, he would have been good).

I wasn't originally that high on him, but when I saw his comparables list, I did kind of wonder if maybe the Chiefs should just pull the trigger on him anyway as a player that accomplished doesn't come along every year.

[edit - I tried to figure out a way to copy/paste the table in my article here, but I couldn't figure it out. If anyone really wanted to read it, throwing rotoviz geno smith into a google search would probably get you there. Sorry to be a pain in the ass as I was interested in your feedback]

Fuck you, fuck your shitty website and fuck you again for spamming it here.

bevischief

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/03/the-worlds-first-ever-chase-daniel-fantasy-football-article/

BigCatDaddy
03-28-2013, 10:06 AM
This. Utterly ludicrous. At the VERY least, there would be a legit competition for the number two spot. Daniel has proved as much in the NFL as Geno has, and don't give me that preseason bullshit, thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless Reid just prefers to sit Geno for a year unless he can not help it and Smith and Daniel both went down.

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
BRB - MOM! I WANT SOME CHEESY POOFS!

There. Fixed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-28-2013, 10:09 AM

Fuck Alice AND her feelings.
Posted via Mobile Device

RotoViz
03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
thx to bevischief for posting the link. really appreciated. also thx to Ponderception for the constructive criticism. It is noted and appreciated.

I'm more of a numbers type guy, just because I think that's the only way to improve player eval over time, but I do think that numbers right now have limits in terms of their ability to correctly hit on prospects.

A numbers based approach (like the one I use in the Geno article) would probably avoid draft bombs like Ponder/Gabbert/Locker and then would also miss on Tannehill, who looks promising. A numbers based approach also wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Sanchez and Aaron Rodgers as prospects, so that's problematic. But then, given that Sanchez was highly drafted and Rodgers was a late 1st who sat for a few years, I guess NFL teams couldn't tell which was a better prospect either.

Thx again to bevischief for posting the link. Interested in any thoughts you guys have.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2013, 10:36 AM
**** you, **** your shitty website and **** you again for spamming it here.:spock:

KC native
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM

TEH CANCER IZ SPREADING 2 YUR BRAINZ

Ming the Merciless
03-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Its really much too small of a sample size to draw anything meaningful from.....tbh

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2013, 11:59 AM
if youre going to make Alex Smith youre quarterback then make him your quarterback. dont undermine him and waste the trade all in one shot

loochy
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM

...but he likes Geno. He's our Geno brother.

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2013, 12:01 PM
x

what

loochy
03-28-2013, 12:02 PM
what

post deleted. im retarded

Lex Luthor
if youre going to make Alex Smith youre quarterback then make him your quarterback. dont undermine him and waste the trade all in one shot
Do you really think ANYBODY gives a shit what Matt Cassel's biggest fanboy has to say about, well, anything?

loochy
Do you really think ANYBODY gives a shit what Matt Cassel's biggest fanboy has to say about, well, anything?

you do know that was a fake trolling act, right?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
thx to bevischief for posting the link. really appreciated. also thx to Ponderception for the constructive criticism. It is noted and appreciated.

I'm more of a numbers type guy, just because I think that's the only way to improve player eval over time, but I do think that numbers right now have limits in terms of their ability to correctly hit on prospects.

A numbers based approach (like the one I use in the Geno article) would probably avoid draft bombs like Ponder/Gabbert/Locker and then would also miss on Tannehill, who looks promising. A numbers based approach also wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Sanchez and Aaron Rodgers as prospects, so that's problematic. But then, given that Sanchez was highly drafted and Rodgers was a late 1st who sat for a few years, I guess NFL teams couldn't tell which was a better prospect either.

Thx again to bevischief for posting the link. Interested in any thoughts you guys have.

Couldn't you just post the link as a cut and paste to your browser if interested? Go try it at the Orange Mane.

L.A. Chieffan
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM

self loathing chief fan. its ok bud, let it out...

Frankie
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I never understood the glass half empty crowd. Ever heard of a fella by the name of Ricky Williams? Is a team willing to be that ****ing dumb? Probably not, but I don't think the Chiefs front office is looking for a kings ransom. Dorsey said earlier he had 6-8 guys he was considering for the #1 overall pick. They can trade down, get more draft picks, and still get one of the top 6-8 they were originally debating on.This.

they probably started watching some tape and were like "Oh shit, we made a big mistake getting Alex" so they are "fascinated":spock: yeah I'm sure they didn't watch anything on either of the Smiths before they gave up 2 high draft choices for Alex.

ProFootballCentral just said that the Chiefs interest in Geno is real and not a smokescreen.The best type of bluff. I hope it works.

RotoViz
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Couldn't you just post the link as a cut and paste to your browser if interested? Go try it at the Orange Mane.

Oh yeah, I tried that too. It c*ckblocked me bc I'm a new poster. So I know I'm annoying, but I'm at least slightly less annoying than someone who couldn't even figure out how to copy/paste.

But annoying none the less. That part is not in dispute.

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
This.

:spock: yeah I'm sure they didn't watch anything on either of the Smiths before they gave up 2 high draft choices for Alex.

The best type of bluff. I hope it works.

Frankie - please chug the antifreeze AFTER your workout, so it will digest quicker

Faddy Yomama
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Lure in anyone... the chiefs are just trying to make some dumb team trade a million draft picks to move to #1. Say the kid is god for all I care. It's just a smokescreen.

Carlota69
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Adam Schefter
Thoughts? RT @ProFootballWkly: PFW's top-ranked QBs: 1. Barkley 2. Nassib 3. Manuel 4. Wilson 5. Dysert 6. Geno Smith.

rrrriighhhtt...:doh!:

Faddy Yomama
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Adam Schefter
Thoughts? RT @ProFootballWkly: PFW's top-ranked QBs: 1. Barkley 2. Nassib 3. Manuel 4. Wilson 5. Dysert 6. Geno Smith.

rrrriighhhtt...:doh!: Zac Dysert over Geno Smith? What's this guys intelligence quotient?

Mr. Laz
03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Adam Schefter

rrrriighhhtt...:doh!:
PFW just trying to get attention by posting something controversial

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
PFW just trying to get attention by posting something controversial

And helping us in the process??? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
03-28-2013, 01:55 PM
And helping us in the process??? :hmmm:
How is that going to help us?

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 01:58 PM
How is that going to help us?

Dropping Geno's value, slow eyes & all...

Lightrise
03-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Anybody see this already?

No one thought that a quarterback is going to be a high pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, but Geno Smith has his stock rising high, especially with the Kansas City Chiefs, who have the first pick in a month or so. While they have already handled their quarterback situation via trade, they are very interested in adding Smith to the mix; just unsure about doing it with the number one overall pick.

When you hear NFL scouts talk about Smith and how he has aced his evaluation process, you think that a superstar is headed into the league. He’s being compared to a young Donovan McNabb – An excellent accuracy and ability to move around the pocket. He doesn’t look like the kind of guy who’ll break out consistently for 15-20 yard runs, but he’ll be able to avoid getting hit and make the right kind of adjustments in a small work space, while looking very impressive in his ability to find open men under pressure.

Needless to remind you – the Chiefs added Alex Smith from the San Francisco 49ers, and there’s no way Smith, Alex, is planning to sit on the bench after leaving the 49ers for the exact same reason. The argument about Geno Smith at the moment isn’t whether he’s a pro-quarterback type of player; almost anyone who has worked him out, including the Philadelphia Eagles, was very impressed with his accuracy, ball placement and good pocket maneuverability.

The question is if he’s ready to start right away, and that is something that no one can really tell until he starts playing. While the Chiefs do consider him a quarterback for the future, under the current circumstances, it’s unlikely that even if they shock everyone by selecting Geno Smith with their number one pick, he’ll be the team’s starting quarterback on opening day next season

Mr. Laz
03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Dropping Geno's value, slow eyes & all...
unless you're hoping that we can trade down and still get Geno Smith it doesn't help us at all.

1. lowers the value of the #1 pick if Geno Smith isn't worth as much
2. general opinion goes down then the Chiefs might be less likely to draft him #1 which is not what most of us want.

ptlyon
03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
unless you're hoping that we can trade down and still get Geno Smith it doesn't help us at all.

1. lowers the value of the #1 pick if Geno Smith isn't worth as much
2. general opinion goes down then the Chiefs might be less likely to draft him #1 which is not what most of us want.

I see what youre saying, but I see it the other way. Nevermind me tho, it's been a long day with the banning & everything, & possibly not thinking clearly...

tooge
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
It's very reassuring to know that sometime in the next 28 days, all the BS that has been spouted in threads like this one will be put to rest one way or the other.

KCDC
03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
The seven teams that draft behind us, and want Geno, will spare no effort to talk Geno down. We will talk Geno up.

Barkley's agent is far more effective than Geno's agent, I think, in talking up his Alex Smith like client (including sending very nice gifts to NFL talking heads no doubt).

KC native
03-28-2013, 03:36 PM
It's very reassuring to know that sometime in the next 28 days, all the BS that has been spouted in threads like this one will be put to rest one way or the other.

TEAM GENO OR TEAM ALICE CASTLE?!?!?!?!?!?

CHOOSE WISELY