PDA

View Full Version : Football Pete Prisco on Geno Smith

Pages : 1 [2]

DaneMcCloud
03-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Let me preface this, Dane, by telling you that I have no delusions that the Chiefs are going to draft Geno.

That said, many, if not most of us, understand and recognize the flaws in Geno's mechanics that "experts" deem as serious enough to question his value at the top of the draft.

Most of us also believe that these "experts" are viewing this class through a prism filtered by last year's class, rather than comparing it to normal draft classes, when every top rated QB had an equal or greater number of flaws.

We believe that the mechanical flaws in Geno's game are easily correctable with good coaching, and that his upside is high.

I understand all of this and certainly respect your views.

milkman
03-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Now, you've raised the question about his leadership. And personality.

There are any number of great QBs that have had sideline meltdowns.
Tom Brady just a couple of years ago comes to mind quickly.

I don't have the kind of access to Geno that NFL people have, so his intrviews and workouts might raise that red flag.

I can only go by what I do have access to.

What I know is that after wins, Geno deflects praise from his game and points it towards his teammates, while deflecting blame from his teammates and pointing vthe finger at himself in losses.

As a team mate, I would respect thatn and be. Willing to follow that kind of person in a game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Im content to let things play out until the draft. I do believe Dorseid are doing their due dilligence and not just fucking around at some imaginary poker table. If however Alex flames out, they had damned well better be ready to do whatever it takes to move up the board and draft a legit youngster. No goddamned excuses. Reasoning and philosophy at that point don't fly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-30-2013, 04:30 PM
you are not drafting Geno

No one knows that, least of all you.
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Im content to let things play out until the draft.Posted via Mobile Device

Andy Reid thanks you.

penbrook
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
No one knows that, least of all you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly everyone is saying oh Dorsey and Reid have said they arent drafting Geno. They havnt said anything that makes us believe that they wont select him. I remember Clark Hunt saying they missed him at his pro day because they were at another pro day.

Sorter
03-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Exactly everyone is saying oh Dorsey and Reid have said they arent drafting Geno. They havnt said anything that makes us believe that they wont select him. I remember Clark Hunt saying they missed him at his pro day because they were at another pro day.

No, he said he missed him at the Senior Bowl because Geno didn't attend.

B14ckmon
03-30-2013, 04:37 PM
https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS

Go through his tweets and count how many times he has called someone a "moron"

The guy is a long island cliche.

Coogs
03-30-2013, 04:40 PM
I was watching ESPN this morning. Trent Dilfer was discussing this years QB class with Kiper and someone else. He said it is not fair to compare them to last years class, so he went back and watched tape of guys like Eli Manning and two or three other guys. I can't remember for sure who, but maybe Matt Stafford, Phillip Rivers, and Matt Ryan. Could be wrong on those... but none the less QB's like those guys. Dilfer said Smith, Barkley and Nassib were every bit as good on tape as those guys were their senior years... and maybe even better.

Sorter
03-30-2013, 04:41 PM
I was watching ESPN this morning. Trent Dilfer was discussing this years QB class with Kiper and someone else. He said it is not fair to compare them to last years class, so he went back and watched tape of guys like Eli Manning and two or three other guys. I can't remember for sure who, but maybe Matt Stafford, Phillip Rivers, and Matt Ryan. Could be wrong on those... but none the less QB's like those guys. Dilfer said Smith, Barkley and Nassib were every bit as good on tape as those guys were their senior years... and maybe even better.

Huh, that kinda sounds what quite a few have been saying for a while now.

penbrook
03-30-2013, 04:44 PM

Andrew luck completion % 71.6
RG3 completion % 72.6
Geno Smith completion % 71.2

And oh yea all of WV losses were an AVERAGE 48 points allowed. Peyton Manning wouldnt succeed there. Hell nobody can.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Andy Reid thanks you.

Yeah, he should.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon
03-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Andrew luck completion % 71.6
RG3 completion % 72.6
Geno Smith completion % 71.2

And oh yea all of WV losses were an AVERAGE 48 points allowed. Peyton Manning wouldnt succeed there. Hell nobody can.

Completion percentage is a stupid stat to use. As long as it's 64% or higher it's fine. Once it reaches the 70s it's likely due to a lot of screen passes. Which is the case with both Geno AND RG3.

Just Passin' By
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
lol. I still believe the Snatchz could have done well in a small market like KC, though with a competent coaching staff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not a chance in hell

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Completion percentage is a stupid stat to use. As long as it's 64% or higher it's fine. Once it reaches the 70s it's likely due to a lot of screen passes. Which is the case with both Geno AND RG3.

Geno better be in the 70% with all those screens and 5 yard passes.

Saccopoo
03-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Geno better be in the 70% with all those screens and 5 yard passes.

Riiiiiiight....

Bomb...
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1460555/genotd.gif

Laser...
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/695/346/genobaylorbullet2_original.gif?1359053993

Fifty yards of air and PAYDIRT!...
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1460531/genohof.gif

silver5liter
03-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Riiiiiiight....

Bomb...
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1460555/genotd.gif

Laser...
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/695/346/genobaylorbullet2_original.gif?1359053993

Fifty yards of air and PAYDIRT!...
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1460531/genohof.gif

Its not worth it. He only likes Barkley rainbow wobble monsters

penbrook
03-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Geno is ours. Reid and Dorsey have turned this franchise around a full 360.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Not a chance in hell

If he gets shipped to the farm one day, we may find out!
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus
03-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Geno is ours. Reid and Dorsey have turned this franchise around a full 360.

Something's not right here....

penbrook
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Something's not right here....

A full 180. My bad.

ShowtimeSBMVP
03-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Geno Smith - QB - Player

The Philadelphia Inquirer expects the Eagles to pass on West Virginia QB Geno Smith if he's available at the No. 4 pick because new coach Chip Kelly believes his offense "can thrive without a franchise quarterback."
The Eagles showed pre-draft interest in Smith, but it may have been routine due diligence. The Inquirer believes the Birds are more likely to use the pick on a lineman. Florida State's E.J. Manuel and Arizona's Matt Scott are considered likelier quarterback targets. Manuel could be available at Philly's 35th overall selection. Scott projects as a third- or fourth-rounder.

penbrook
03-31-2013, 06:46 PM
Geno Smith - QB - Player

The Philadelphia Inquirer expects the Eagles to pass on West Virginia QB Geno Smith if he's available at the No. 4 pick because new coach Chip Kelly believes his offense "can thrive without a franchise quarterback."
The Eagles showed pre-draft interest in Smith, but it may have been routine due diligence. The Inquirer believes the Birds are more likely to use the pick on a lineman. Florida State's E.J. Manuel and Arizona's Matt Scott are considered likelier quarterback targets. Manuel could be available at Philly's 35th overall selection. Scott projects as a third- or fourth-rounder.

Well looks like its just Us and the Jags left for Geno.

BossChief
03-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Geno Smith - QB - Player

Dumbass.

If the reason Chip Kelly would pass on Geno is because he doesn't need a franchise quarterback....

THAT MEANS HE SEES GENO SMITH AS A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK.

BigBeauford
03-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Geno Smith - QB - Player

What does that even mean? What is the alternative to having a franchise quarterback? A FQB in the NFL is pretty important, its kind of like saying you don't air.

penbrook
03-31-2013, 07:06 PM
Dumbass.

If the reason Chip Kelly would pass on Geno is because he doesn't need a franchise quarterback....

I think they might draft EJ Manuel..

milkman
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
If Chip Kelly believes his offense can thrive in the NFL without a franchise QB, he's in for one hell of a rude NFL awakening.

BigBeauford
03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
To me this speaks volumes about his current crop of qb's if he doesn't feel he can label any of them as a FQB. His lack of confidence in them tells me he really would love to have Geno.

penbrook
03-31-2013, 07:13 PM
To me this speaks volumes about his current crop of qb's if he doesn't feel he can label any of them as a FQB. His lack of confidence in them tells me he really would love to have Geno.

I know scares me a little to see what Chip could do with Geno. But he wont get past us at #1.

xionshadows
03-31-2013, 07:13 PM
If Chip Kelly believes his offense can thrive in the NFL without a franchise QB, he's in for one hell of a rude NFL awakening.

yeah no shit.... geno may need a bit of fine tuning and with what we're doing to our O-Line we have real potential for a future something that most of us didn't see last year.

Sorter
03-31-2013, 07:18 PM
yeah no shit.... geno may need a bit of fine tuning and with what we're doing to our O-Line we have real potential for a future something that most of us didn't see last year.

wut

penbrook
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
wut

I think that was a Eagles fan maybe..

xionshadows
03-31-2013, 07:47 PM
I think that was a Eagles fan maybe..

ok so you didn't see that we picked up a 340 lb G and OT. not to mention a new 270 lb fullback. (so offensive blocking will be a priority, and less pocket pressure.) they are big players meant to set up our new QB (and prospects) and open holes for Charles..

penbrook
03-31-2013, 07:49 PM
ok so you didn't see that we picked up a 340 lb G and OT. not to mention a new 270 lb fullback. (so offensive blocking will be a priority, and less pocket pressure.) they are big players meant to set up our new QB (and prospects) and open holes for Charles..

You do know that Fullback is a camp body. Dimarco will be starting..

Sorter
03-31-2013, 07:50 PM

Again...

wut

xionshadows
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
You do know that Fullback is a camp body. Dimarco will be starting..

glad you know what our coaches are doing i'll just ask you for the inside scoop..

penbrook
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
glad you know what our coaches are doing i'll just ask you for the inside scoop..

If you even watched last year Dimarco was the main reason Charles was making big runs.

Dimarco is a beast..

patteeu
04-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Well looks like its just Us and the Jags left for Geno.

We don't have our 2nd round pick anymore.

patteeu
04-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Dumbass.

I think it's more likely that that's a poorly written article than that Chip Kelly thinks Geno Smith is too good for his offense.

patteeu
04-01-2013, 07:01 AM

Yeah, if that's accurate, I'm glad Kelly isn't the new coach of the Chiefs. I suspect that reporter is just a moron though.

Gravedigger
04-01-2013, 07:02 AM
I hope Geno, whichever team he goes to, proves these assholes wrong. These same old bastards like Gil Brandt and Mel Kiper who thought Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell were going to be big time QBs.