PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs trade (Arenas) for...wait for it...a FB?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BigCatDaddy
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
This ****ing garbage pick up won't play either. At least trade for a position that's been relevant sometime in the last two decades.

I would have rather of gotten a 7th.

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
This ha nothing to do with the fact that if Arenas sucked or not, if it was up to Dorsey and them he'd still be on the team, but Arenas' agent already went on Twitter and explained that they were actively pursuing a trade because of all the activity KC has had in the secondary and didn't feel like Arenas was getting the respect he deserved.

mnchiefsguy
05-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Wait...we trade Arenas for a fullback? I know the op does not mention that, but I just saw a facebook post from Save Our Chiefs. Did we really trade Arenas for a fullback?

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 12:59 PM
This ha nothing to do with the fact that if Arenas sucked or not, if it was up to Dorsey and them he'd still be on the team, but Arenas' agent already went on Twitter and explained that they were actively pursuing a trade because of all the activity KC has had in the secondary and didn't feel like Arenas was getting the respect he deserved.

so do twitter posts magically force GMs to trade players?

siberian khatru
05-01-2013, 01:00 PM
What the - ? I thought we just signed a backup fullback. We traded our nickel back and punt returner for a backup fullback? What?

Who's running this clown show? I liked Arenas. Why do we keep giving away perfectly fine cornerbacks?!?!?!

They're trying to get ahead of the next wave in the NFL. Oh, sure, right NOW it's all about wide-open passing attacks, but soon, VERY SOON, it will be about the ground game led by blocking TEs and road-grading FBs -- and the Chiefs will have cornered the market on those positions.

Jayhawk Chief
Dave Taub's fingerprints are on this. Special Teams will be fun to watch this year.

Sorter
LMAOThey're trying to get ahead of the next wave in the NFL. Oh, sure, right NOW it's all about wide-open passing attacks, but soon, VERY SOON, it will be about the ground game led by blocking TEs and road-grading FBs -- and the Chiefs will have cornered the market on those positions.

the Talking Can
so, we can we turn around and shop one of our FBs for a starting quality nickle CB?

anyone will make that trade, right?

HemiEd
05-01-2013, 01:01 PM
there is no context in which a CB has the same value as a FB...i'd rather have a 6th round pick than a player who nullifies our actual 6th round pick

can we hire someone to do trades for the franchise?Well, it is too late, the team is all set.
He is not executive of the year or decade, but our new GM crapped in the same crapper that the guy that drafted Aaron Rodgers crapped in. Its all good as I think the stall even had a door on it.

Rain Man
This place won't explode. Kendrick Lewis ****ing sucks.

Correct. If they had traded Kendrick Lewis for a backup fullback I would've shrugged. But Arenas? If nothing else, make Arenas a backup running back or something.

This news shocks and saddens me. Significant shock combined with sustained sadness.

patteeu
I think arenas got a sack once

Arenas' pass rush ability reminds me of all the Justin Colquit punts that are going to be muffed because he's left footed and the ball spins differently.

Titty Meat
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Arenas sucks waste draft pick and now a wasted trade.

Dorsey clearly has no clue what he's doing.

okcchief
05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Obviously, they don't like Arenas and he wasn't their pick. You cut him or get a player for him. Who really gives a fuck? It's hard to believe people care this much about a move at the bottom of the roster.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Arenas sucks waste draft pick and now a wasted trade.

Dorsey clearly has no clue what he's doing.

:facepalm:

the Talking Can
someone in Arizona deserves a donut for pulling a fast one on dorsey...

KevB
05-01-2013, 01:04 PM
They're trying to get ahead of the next wave in the NFL. Oh, sure, right NOW it's all about wide-open passing attacks, but soon, VERY SOON, it will be about the ground game led by blocking TEs and road-grading FBs -- and the Chiefs will have cornered the market on those positions.

#Moneyball #contrarian

CoMoChief
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Good thing we wasted that draft pick this year for a FB. Great value we got out if the Tonyg deal. Fuckin christ

siberian khatru
#Moneyball #contrarian

I wonder who's gonna play Dorsey in the movie?

Rain Man
Should we check and be sure that Dorsey knows that there's more than one cornerback on the field? Maybe he thinks it's like a punter or quarterback and we only play one.

ShowtimeSBMVP
05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
someone in Arizona deserves a donut for pulling a fast one on dorsey...

What do they get in 4 months when they cut Arenas?

saphojunkie
You all have gone full retard.

Pioli is the worst GM evar! He drafts nothing but crap! Oh noes! Dorsey gets rid of all of Pioli's awesome players! Dorsey is worst GM evar!

patteeu
And I laugh at the hypocrisy that homers are laughing this off as "he was just a shitty Piloli pick anyway".

It's like Piloli is Bush and Dorsey is Obama.

Hey now... Bush was no Pioli. ;)

Rain Man

Maybe we give them their fullback back.

the Talking Can
we need kcjohhny right now to explain the devastating power of a 3 TE, 3 FB set...

okcchief
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
This is fucking hilarious. Arenas must be a pro bowler based on these reactions. They had no plans for him, and you can't hold them accountable for Pioli's wasted picks. There is shit to be concerned about, but you dummies are grasping at negative straws here. Arenas blows!

Sorter
05-01-2013, 01:07 PM
so, we can we turn around and shop one of our FBs for a starting quality nickle CB?

anyone will make that trade, right?

Can we trade Eachus for Casey Hayward? I mean, Dorsey is still buddies with Ted, right? Compensation seems about right, Hayward was the 62nd pick, Arenas was the 50th.

:)

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:08 PM

why cut him? they can trade him for a fb, right?

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
we need kcjohhny right now to explain the devastating power of a 3 TE, 3 FB set...

Yeah, dude. Because clearly we are going to carry three FB. As opposed to the wildly improbable scenario where Reid wants to use a fullback and is going to work out three different guys for one roster spot.

So. much. facepalm. today.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, dude. Because clearly we are going to carry three FB. As opposed to the wildly improbable scenario where Reid wants to use a fullback and is going to work out three different guys for one roster spot.

So. much. facepalm. today.

the Chiefs won't spank you for being honest about dumb things...it's ok

Titty Meat
05-01-2013, 01:10 PM
You all have gone full retard.

Pioli is the worst GM evar! He drafts nothing but crap! Oh noes! Dorsey gets rid of all of Pioli's awesome players! Dorsey is worst GM evar!

Drafting right tackles 1.1 and trading for fullbacks is the way to go.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Drafting right tackles 1.1 and trading for fullbacks is the way to go.

If they had just released Arenas, no one would be saying shit. If they had just signed the FB, no one would be saying shit.

This place is so full of butthurt it's kind of ridiculous.

Chaunceythe3rd
05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Dayze;9648798]

We traded a guy we were gonna cut for a guy they were gonna cut.

This. The dance of the living dead.

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
so do twitter posts magically force GMs to trade players?

No, but agents do

Rain Man
05-01-2013, 01:13 PM
I've been pondering a theory about first-time GMs, where they hold up the mantra of "best player" and value, and end up drafting a bunch of fullbacks and safeties their first year until they figure out that position means something. I remember laughing at Elway's first draft when I think he spent more than half of his picks on tight ends and safeties, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's a pattern.

Titty Meat
05-01-2013, 01:13 PM
If they had just released Arenas, no one would be saying shit. If they had just signed the FB, no one would be saying shit.

This place is so full of butthurt it's kind of ridiculous.

The true fan blinders aren't going to carry this team to 8-8 nor will right tackles and fullbacks.

Hootie
05-01-2013, 01:15 PM
yeah I don't understand the rage on this one

...I wouldn't have been surprised to see Arenas released

Kylo Ren
There's something fishy here..... maybe Arenas was going to come out of the closet as the NFL's Jason Collins? You've got to think outside the box guys.

the Talking Can
I've been pondering a theory about first-time GMs, where they hold up the mantra of "best player" and value, and end up drafting a bunch of fullbacks and safeties their first year until they figure out that position means something. I remember laughing at Elway's first draft when I think he spent more than half of his picks on tight ends and safeties, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's a pattern.

i think the reality of being 'the guy' cause a slight puckering for new GMs...it's a bit easier to breathe when you're only providing recommendations...

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Starting FB> 5th CB

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
The true fan blinders aren't going to carry this team to 8-8 nor will right tackles and fullbacks.

I have no idea what the fuck you are even talking about, dude, but saying I'm somehow true fan material is fucking hysterical. What I am is a pragmatist who doesn't tie his scrotum into a knot over trading a third stringer for a third stringer.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
There's something fishy here..... maybe Arenas was going to come out of the closet as the NFL's Jason Collins? You've got to think outside the box guys.

pun intended?

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Starting FB> 5th CB

"the NFL is a rushing league now"....said no one ever

milkman
05-01-2013, 01:18 PM

I don't know about that.

But this trade makes sense to me.

This, and the Wilson selection, strongly suggest to me that we are gong all in on the short passing game.

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 01:18 PM
And for those using PFF to bash the new FB, he was blocking behind Arizonas O-Line and RBs like Beanie Wells and Ryan Willaims. Not even Mike Alstott or Tony Richardson could impress in those situations.

Strongside
05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
yeah I don't understand the rage on this one

...I wouldn't have been surprised to see Arenas released

This. The dude is no good. I was confused to open this thread and see people acting like We'd just traded Tamba Hali for Carson Palmer.

Titty Meat
I don't know about that.

This, and the Wilson selection, strongly suggest to me that we are gong all in on the short passing game.

Fuck yeah! That's the outside of the box thinking this franchise needed. We also drafted an OT 1.1 to protect for those 3 yard passes.

the Talking Can
I don't know about that.

sorry, i can't deal with any more sadness today

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
"the NFL is a rushing league now"....said no one ever

False. It was a primarily rushing league until late 20th century.

DTLB58
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Nice break down by Gretz.

@bobgretzcom: New post: Another Pioli Blunder Ends With Trade http://t.co/MOhm4hD2Am

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:21 PM
False. It was a primarily rushing league until late 20th century.

speaking of kcjohhny

Fritz88
05-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I'd keep Arenas for his returning skills.

FB?

Fuck me.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-01-2013, 01:23 PM
**** yeah! That's the outside of the box thinking this franchise needed. We also drafted an OT 1.1 to protect for those 3 yard passes.

It's not outside the box, obviously.

But, if I'm right, then it tells us that Reid does recognize Smith's limitations, in spite of the admiration he expressed for him, and he's going to run an offense that utilizes his efficiency, and that he's not going to try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Sorter
05-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Starting FB> 5th CB

No.

Given the propensity and importance of dime packages, along with the passing nature of the league, this statement is blatantly wrong.

Additionally, Javier was your #2 inside/slot corner. So, if Dunta goes down or we go to any kind of dime personnel, he's playing. Considering that the only other player who can possibly play in the slot beside Dunta is a player who spent the entire year on IR, I'm just not sure how you come to the conclusion that your "starting FB" is more important than a decent/average slot corner, especially when you evaluate the rest of the roster and realize that you're incredibly thin at the position (unless you're convinced Menzie is just going to be a monster) ROFL.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Complain that Jon Baldwin wasn't replaced. Complain that Tyson Jackson wasn't replaced. Complain that this team hasn't found a legitimate QBOTF yet - we won't even debate whether one was available.

Complain that Branden Albert wasn't re-signed so we could have traded down with Arizona.

Just don't fucking complain that we gave away a midget, dogshit nickel corner who wasn't going to make the roster in exchange for another guy who at least MIGHT make the roster.

Fuck, people.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Complain that Jon Baldwin wasn't replaced. Complain that Tyson Jackson wasn't replaced. Complain that this team hasn't found a legitimate QBOTF yet - we won't even debate whether one was available.

Complain that Branden Albert wasn't re-signed so we could have traded down with Arizona.

Just don't ****ing complain that we gave away a midget, dogshit nickel corner who wasn't going to make the roster in exchange for another guy who at least MIGHT make the roster.

****, people.

no one is keeping you from clapping loudly

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:31 PM
no one is keeping you from clapping loudly

You see, right there is the kind of reactionary horseshit I have come to know and love from the troglodytes here. Just because I'm not lying prostrate, wailing in lamentation, doesn't mean that I am striking up the band and firing my pistolas in the air. If you don't hate it, you love it! Right? I must be a truefan for not hating everything! 100% anger or bust!

I just don't give a **** about our 5th CB who has never shown any reason to not burn him at the stake.

Meanwhile, Tony Gonzalez is probably coming back for another year. We should be celebrating that another one of *****'s ****ups is off this team. I literally could not care less who we got in return.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 01:32 PM
lol wow

any person that justifies this trade is a complete homer moron

Why?

The only thing that leads to people putting any value in Javier Arenas is the fact that he was overdrafted.

If Arenas had been drafted in the 6th round (like he performed), then nobody would care.

People are giving a value to Arenas that's wildly out of proportion to his actual production and ability. He's a warm body that can and will be easily replaced.

This is just more proof of how ungodly shitty a job Scott Pioli did here. He used a 2nd round pick on a guy who's value in the league was a special teams player.

This isn't an indictment on Dorsey, it's yet another indictment on Pioli. Arenas is awful.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:33 PM
why does it make all the criers cry to point out obvious things?

CB value > FB value

Arenas is a mediocre nickle back
this choad is not even a mediocre FB

the value simply doesn't align

i do this trade every time going FB to CB, I'd never do it in reverse

but sure as hell hootie and the tears show up to wonder why people discuss football on a football message board...

jd1020
This Dorsey guy... amazing.

Can we make him a scout and get another GM?

boogblaster
its a FB league now .....

Titty Meat
05-01-2013, 01:34 PM
It's not outside the box, obviously.

But, if I'm right, then it tells us that Reid does recognize Smith's limitations, in spite of the admiration he expressed for him, and he's going to run an offense that utilizes his efficiency, and that he's not going to try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I was being sarcastic.

Reid probably does recognize it but it still begs the question: why trade two #2's for Smith?

jd1020
Why?

The only thing that leads to people putting any value in Javier Arenas is the fact that he was overdrafted.

If Arenas had been drafted in the 6th round (like he performed), then nobody would care.

People are giving a value to Arenas that's wildly out of proportion to his actual production and ability. He's a warm body that can and will be easily replaced.

This is just more proof of how ungodly shitty a job Scott ***** did here. He used a 2nd round pick on a guy who's value in the league was a special teams player.

This isn't an indictment on Dorsey, it's yet another indictment on *****. Arenas is awful.

Arenas was a solid #3 CB and one of the better punt returners in the league.

Just traded him for a fucking FB. How many does that make now?

Dorsey is terrible at this trading thing.

Titty Meat
You see, right there is the kind of reactionary horseshit I have come to know and love from the troglodytes here. Just because I'm not lying prostrate, wailing in lamentation, doesn't mean that I am striking up the band and firing my pistolas in the air. If you don't hate it, you love it! Right? I must be a truefan for not hating everything! 100% anger or bust!

I just don't give a **** about our 5th CB who has never shown any reason to not burn him at the stake.

Meanwhile, Tony Gonzalez is probably coming back for another year. We should be celebrating that another one of *****'s ****ups is off this team. I literally could not care less who we got in return.

You must be related to Dorsey.

teedubya
That Tony Gonzalez trade is the gift that keeps on giving.

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:35 PM
other gms have erotic dreams about trading with Dorsey...

I bet this one started as a dare one night when Arizona's front office was getting shit faced...

Trivers
Goodbye Arenas, we barely knew ye.

saphojunkie
You must be related to Dorsey.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
<table height="86" width="592"><tbody><tr class="loop-even" style="background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><td class="col-jersey" rel="24" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 21.200000762939453px;">24</td><td class="col-name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 163.60000610351563px;">Flowers, Brandon (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/Brandon-Flowers/02469b8c-6049-4dc6-b4fe-180368f3ef65)</td><td class="col-position" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 49.20000076293945px;">CB</td><td class="col-height" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">5-9</td><td class="col-weight" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">187</td><td class="col-bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">27</td><td class="col-exp" rel="05" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">5</td><td class="col-college" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 149.1999969482422px;">Virginia Tech</td></tr><tr class="loop-odd" style="background-color: rgb(223, 225, 225); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><td class="col-jersey" rel="49D" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 21.200000762939453px;">49D</td><td class="col-name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 163.60000610351563px;">Menzie, DeQuan (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/DeQuan-Menzie/57c7f767-34ed-4557-b4cb-a44c6550f45a)</td><td class="col-position" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 49.20000076293945px;">CB</td><td class="col-height" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">6-0</td><td class="col-weight" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">198</td><td class="col-bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">23</td><td class="col-exp" rel="00" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">R</td><td class="col-college" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 149.1999969482422px;">Alabama</td></tr><tr class="loop-even" style="background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><td class="col-jersey" rel="34" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 21.200000762939453px;">34</td><td class="col-name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 163.60000610351563px;">Robinson, Dunta (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/Dunta-Robinson/ac8bb41b-c9b2-4471-a5f4-fe10016e0042)</td><td class="col-position" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 49.20000076293945px;">CB</td><td class="col-height" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">5-10</td><td class="col-weight" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">183</td><td class="col-bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">31</td><td class="col-exp" rel="10" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">10</td><td class="col-college" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 149.1999969482422px;">South Carolina</td></tr><tr class="loop-odd" style="background-color: rgb(223, 225, 225); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><td class="col-jersey" rel="27" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 21.200000762939453px;">27</td><td class="col-name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 163.60000610351563px;">Smith, Sean (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/Sean-Smith/43cf5e34-ea01-40b2-8324-6c1e545393c7)</td><td class="col-position" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 49.20000076293945px;">CB</td><td class="col-height" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">6-3</td><td class="col-weight" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">218</td><td class="col-bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">25</td><td class="col-exp" rel="05" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">5</td><td class="col-college" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 149.1999969482422px;">Utah</td></tr><tr class="loop-even" style="background-color: transparent; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><td class="col-jersey" rel="30" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 21.200000762939453px;">30</td><td class="col-name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 163.60000610351563px;">Brown, Jalil (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/Jalil-Brown/1389a8a4-de74-4224-a265-c27dfe08f69c)</td><td class="col-position" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 49.20000076293945px;">DB</td><td class="col-height" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">6-1</td><td class="col-weight" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">205</td><td class="col-bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">25</td><td class="col-exp" rel="02" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">2</td><td class="col-college" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 149.1999969482422px;">Colorado</td></tr><tr class="loop-odd" style="background-color: rgb(223, 225, 225); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><td class="col-jersey" rel="38" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 21.200000762939453px;">38</td><td class="col-name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 163.60000610351563px;">Thorpe, Neiko (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/Neiko-Thorpe/684346c9-4fe5-49b9-b83f-149e6c9a0318)</td><td class="col-position" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 49.20000076293945px;">DB</td><td class="col-height" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">6-2</td><td class="col-weight" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">185</td><td class="col-bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">23</td><td class="col-exp" rel="00" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 29.200000762939453px;">R</td><td class="col-college" style="margin: 0px; padding: 6px 5px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: left; width: 149.1999969482422px;">Auburn</td></tr></tbody></table>

3 proven guy now?

Imon Yourside
05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
SUPABOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RINGLEADER
05-01-2013, 01:40 PM

CB value > FB value

Would you trade William Bartee for Tony Richardson?

And before you get off-topic and compare this guy to Tony Richardson (which I'm not doing), please answer the question.

Just want to see if you can be honest with yourself that your point, actually, is only accurate if the use of the players and their remaining seasons and their skills are equal.

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Arenas didn't want to be here anymore. There was more than one CB brought in this year by the FO that was going to play over him and Arenas didn't like it (see his reaction to Arrowhead Pride on Twitter once Smith and Arenas was signed). Instead of upright releasing him, Dorsey got something in return, even though it may have been minimal, it was still something.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM

CB value > FB value

Arenas is a mediocre nickle back
this choad is not even a mediocre FB

the value simply doesn't align

Mediocre nickelbacks who have reached their ceiling have less than no value. They have negative value. I'd literally rather have any rookie free agent taking Arenas' snaps in camp, because there is even the remotest possibility that they could develop into a solid contributor.

Arenas was tied for 18th in the league in PRYD average with 8.9 per return. Whoopty doo!

Leodis McKelvin led the league with 18.7. Get the **** out of my face with Arenas having any value other than making McCluster look more normal in group photos.

Sorter
05-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Not thread-worthy IMO but I didn't know where else to put it. So...

Dunta Robinson and Brandon Flowers lined up as the starting corners during Tuesday's minicamp session.
Sean Smith came on with the nickel defense, kicking Flowers inside to the slot. It's an intimidating trio for opposing offenses as all three corners are capable of handling No. 1 wideouts. The physically imposing Smith figures to see more time in the base defense when the Chiefs need to slow down a bigger receiver. Flowers graded out as a top-seven corner last season, per Pro Football Focus. Apr 17 - 10:31 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2774/dunta-robinson

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:42 PM

And before you get off-topic and compare this guy to Tony Richardson (which I'm not doing), please answer the question.

Just want to see if you can be honest with yourself that your point, actually, is only accurate if the use of the players and their remaining seasons and their skills are equal.

my bad, I guess I should have distinguished between probowl players and 3rd stringers...you got me, there is always an excpetion

so, are we trading for Tony Richardson?

RINGLEADER
05-01-2013, 01:42 PM
And, again, I like Arenas and think he could be an okay third or fourth CB. But I also recognize he lacks the intangibles that Reid wants.

milkman
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I was being sarcastic.

I understood that, which is why I said "obviously".

Reid probably does recognize it but it still begs the question: why trade two #2's for Smith?

It was a stupid trade.
I also believe that trading a CB for a FB is a stupid trade.

All I'm saying here is this move, along with all the other FBs competing for a roster spot, suggests that he does recognize what he traded for.

mcaj22
05-01-2013, 01:43 PM
if they play Sean Smith and Dunta Robinson in the base defense over Brandon Flowers even 1 fucking snap in a game this season this FO deserves to be fired

the fact that they insist on starting Dunta Robinson, a known burn victim is a joke in itself

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
the issue I have is the value of a hall of fame TE for a fucking FB

and you wonder why this team will never win anything

I do love that the 'aging' Tony Gonzalez will play longer for the team he got traded to than the guy the Chiefs got for him as part of their rebuilding effort.

Showed up a year later, left a year sooner. Nicely done, Pioli.

saphojunkie
my bad, I guess I should have distinguished between probowl players and 3rd stringers...you got me, there is always an excpetion

so, are we trading for Tony Richardson?

The odds are wildly against it, but then again Richardson spent his first season as an UFA on the practice squad with Dallas before being unceremoniously dumped.

RINGLEADER
you got me, there is always an excpetion

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 01:45 PM
And, again, I like Arenas and think he could be an okay third or fourth CB. But I also recognize he lacks the intangibles that Reid wants.
say what!!!!!

just want intangibles does Arenas lack?

-King-
05-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Would you trade Brandon Flowers for Boomer Grigsby?
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
yea Andy Reid really knows CBs

how did Nnamdi and DRC work out last season for the Eagles

Andy just likes to spend on CBs than crosses his fingers they dont get beat like a drum all game

Saul Good
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
other gms have erotic dreams about trading with Dorsey...

I bet this one started as a dare one night when Arizona's front office was getting shit faced...

Nailed it...

GMs around the league were salivating while watching the tape of Javier fucking Arenas and wondering how they could possibly swing a deal for him.

The dude was and is garbage. He was going to get cut. The FB was going to get cut. Who fucking cares?

I swear...if we win the fucking Super Bowl, people around here are going to bitch about not having anything to bitch about. All of the know it all armchair GMs around here must not feel stupid enough about the entire season spent cheering for losses so they could get the number one pick and blow it on a guy who went in the middle of the second round, so they have decided to hitch their wagons to a shitty nickel back.

Spoiler alert: You still look dumb.

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
yea Andy Reid really knows CBs

how did Nnamdi and DRC work out last season for the Eagles

Andy just likes to spend on CBs than crosses his fingers they dont get beat like a drum all game

They had a OL coach calling their plays, and the worst safety duo in the league behind them. Literally almost zero chance for success

the Talking Can
05-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Nailed it...

GMs around the league were salivating while watching the tape of Javier ****ing Arenas and wondering how they could possibly swing a deal for him.

The dude was and is garbage. He was going to get cut. The FB was going to get cut. Who ****ing cares?

I swear...if we win the ****ing Super Bowl, people around here are going to bitch about not having anything to bitch about. All of the know it all armchair GMs around here must not feel stupid enough about the entire season spent cheering for losses so they could get the number one pick and blow it on a guy who went in the middle of the second round, so they have decided to hitch their wagons to a shitty nickel back.

i've explained in detail the difference in value of this trade, and I'm correct

but since we can't discuss simple things like this without the crying brigade showing up, well, we're stuck with you...

Kiimo
If this guy can be a special teams hero, it's worth it.

Because Arena couldn't play corner or really return kicks. At least a fullback who is a special teams captain has a bit of value.

23 pages on this trade that has like next-to-zero significance in the upcoming season.

WakkaWakka
http://i41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.gif

mcaj22
05-01-2013, 01:50 PM
They had a OL coach calling their plays, and the worst safety duo in the league behind them. Literally almost zero chance for success

oh and who do you think is going to be playing center field FS for us? someone good?

funny joke. we had the worst FS in the league last year and we will probably have it again this year.

Sorter
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM

ROFL

BigCatDaddy
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM

LMAO Perfect

Bootlegged
05-01-2013, 01:52 PM

From Left to Right:

KeginKC, BossChief, SNR

Strongside
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
From Left to Right:

KeginKC, BossChief, SNR

Chubby girl in glasses in background: Hootie.

Sassy Squatch
05-01-2013, 01:55 PM
It never stops.

WakkaWakka
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
It never stops.

I freakin hate that gif so much, but I just couldn't resist LMAO

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Arenas was a solid #3 CB and one of the better punt returners in the league.

Just traded him for a fucking FB. How many does that make now?

Dorsey is terrible at this trading thing.

This is just inaccurate.

He's a below average #3 CB and a completely worthless punt returner. A legitimate good punt returner will actually present a credible threat to break one. Arenas was a guy that fair caught a shitload of punts and only tried to break on them when they were easily returnable. As a consequence, he was able to generate a decent stat line through nothing more than catching the ball and running straight ahead.

Whoever returns punts for us this year will do a better job of it than Arenas did.

And he's a crap CB. Nobody would've said boo about it had we outright cut the guy. He's small, he's slow and his instincts haven't progressed a drop since we got him.

He didn't have more value in the league otherwise someone would've offered it. Do you really think these GMs don't ask around on a player before dealing them? If anyone was eager to give up a pick for Arenas, they'd have done it by now.

I don't know why we traded him for a FB when Reid doesn't really use them. That's why I was pissed about the Wilson pick. But in the end I suspect that these guys don't see him as a FB but rather a special teams contributor. If he goes out there and does a good job on STs, there's some very good value there.

You guys can keep saying "CBs are more valuable than FBs" or whatever hypothetical tripe you'd like to throw out there - but if there was a market for Arenas, we'd have traded him for more than we got. There's no market for the guy because frankly, there just isn't a market for short, slow CBs with lousy technique.

mcaj22
05-01-2013, 02:01 PM
hes a crap CB but Dunta Robinson is not better than him

that's my argument. Just like Stanford Routt wasnt better than him last season.

You could shit on Javier Arenas all you want, I dont think hes good either. But you cant defend Dunta Robinson or Sean Smith as better when its the same god awful crap

It's a downgrade or parallel move at best no matter how you look at it

Rain Man
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
I do love that the 'aging' Tony Gonzalez will play longer for the team he got traded to than the guy the Chiefs got for him as part of their rebuilding effort.

Showed up a year later, left a year sooner. Nicely done, *****.

Ouch. That hurt.

RealSNR
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM
From Left to Right:

KeginKC, BossChief, SNRIt's okay, sweetie. Tell mommy what those mean people said to you on the internet.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 02:09 PM

You could shit on Javier Arenas all you want, I dont think hes good either. But you cant defend Dunta Robinson or Sean Smith as better when its the same god awful crap

We'll see.

I'm not inclined to argue the point right now because it's raw speculation. I don't see how anyone can categorically state that Robinson will be no better at NCB than Arenas when Robinson's never been given the lighter responsibility that comes with playing that role. He's struggled as a #1 CB because frankly he's just not physically up to the task anymore but that is not what he's being asked to do here. Corners can do a damn nice job inside by simply being smart and physical. I'm willing to see if Robinson can use his veteran savvy to get there. Robinson is by no means a dumb player and he's going to be a battler out there. I think he can do a very nice job with the diminished responsibilities.

The bottom line is that we weren't going to be a good team with Arenas playing a critical role in the defense.

We might not be a good team with Robinson playing a critical role in the defense either, but at least there was an attempt to upgrade there. Time will tell if we actually got one and if we didn't, we'll cut him and try again.

patteeu
05-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Get the **** out of my face with Arenas having any value other than making McCluster look more normal in group photos.

:LOL:

Carlota69
05-01-2013, 02:13 PM

This cracks me up everytime I see it.ROFLROFLROFL

The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is that is over drafting Fisher, who I was happy with but come on now....

mikey23545
05-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Dave Taub's fingerprints are on this. Special Teams will be fun to watch this year.

Yep...Sherman was a special teams captain for the Cardinals. I imagine that was his value more than FB...

Ming the Merciless
05-01-2013, 02:14 PM
awesome he ranks 20 out of 25! isnt that like 20% out of 100%???

at least he is better than 4 other fb's

HEY GUYS HE ISNT THE WORST!

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Nailed it...

GMs around the league were salivating while watching the tape of Javier ****ing Arenas and wondering how they could possibly swing a deal for him.

The dude was and is garbage. He was going to get cut. The FB was going to get cut. Who ****ing cares?

I swear...if we win the ****ing Super Bowl, people around here are going to bitch about not having anything to bitch about. All of the know it all armchair GMs around here must not feel stupid enough about the entire season spent cheering for losses so they could get the number one pick and blow it on a guy who went in the middle of the second round, so they have decided to hitch their wagons to a shitty nickel back.

knuckle heads been owned!:thumb:

Shox
05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
It is not about have we signed better corners during the offseason. It is about getting value. A nickle corner is worth more than a starting FB unless maybe it is a multiple all-pro FB.

1. What happens if 3 CBs go down during training camp. At least you have a guy like JA who can be training camp foder and allow you to conduct a somewhat normal camp if you find yourself in this situation.
2. You can never have two many CBs. We all agree JA was not a #1 or #2 CB, maybe even a marginal slot CB, but I think we can all agree he was not a total waste of talent.
3. This trade screams to other teams come trade we us.....nobody will give you more for less. Is this really the message you want to send around the league.
4. What happens if another team has a rash of injuries at the CB position. Maybe the Chiefs could have traded him for a 4th or even 5th rounder to a desperate team during camp.
5. The worst case is you hang on to him and cut him at the end of camp. The result is the same.

This is a stupid move anyway you look at it.

KCDC
Head scratcher.

Arenas did okay after Routt left. He was our best blitzing CB. We do not exactly have a wealth of CBs, whereas we have a wealth of FBs. Behind the starting 3 CBs there are only question marks. Finding good backup CBs is much harder than finding backup FBs.

Looks like we got burned in yet another trade. Dorsey has not impressed me yet with his trading accumen. He was robbed in his first trade and this one makes little sense unless he hated Arena's talent. ARIZ will sign whichever FB we cut and they will be fine, and have a starting nickel back.

Just Passin' By
We'll see.

I'm not inclined to argue the point right now because it's raw speculation. I don't see how anyone can categorically state that Robinson will be no better at NCB than Arenas when Robinson's never been given the lighter responsibility that comes with playing that role. He's struggled as a #1 CB because frankly he's just not physically up to the task anymore but that is not what he's being asked to do here. Corners can do a damn nice job inside by simply being smart and physical. I'm willing to see if Robinson can use his veteran savvy to get there. Robinson is by no means a dumb player and he's going to be a battler out there. I think he can do a very nice job with the diminished responsibilities.

The bottom line is that we weren't going to be a good team with Arenas playing a critical role in the defense.

We might not be a good team with Robinson playing a critical role in the defense either, but at least there was an attempt to upgrade there. Time will tell if we actually got one and if we didn't, we'll cut him and try again.

In a league where you need at least 3 outside CBs, and 2 slot CBs, trading one of the five for a position of non-need justifiably opens you up to questions and scrutiny. The Chiefs do not currently have 5 CBs that have shown to be better than Arenas, or even 4. Things can change moving forward, but that's where it stands today.

ILChief

Wait, I was told the 20th ranked LT was elite and franchise type player

BigCatDaddy
05-01-2013, 02:22 PM
This cracks me up everytime I see it.ROFLROFLROFL

The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is that is over drafting Fisher, who I was happy with but come on now....

Farmland Fury baby!

mcaj22
05-01-2013, 02:22 PM
We'll see.

This exact stuff was said about Stanford Routt last year going into the season and it's just the same crap different year. Dunta Robinson has 1 leg, he's slow and he cant cover ANYONE, whether as a CB1, CB2 or in the slot. He can play the run, tackle and hit people. The end. He has no range and is slow and will probably gamble way too much with no FS help behind him because our FS will be terrible again with some nobody back there

It's exactly what Routt did.

I'll give you Sean Smith, he's young and has the measurables that can definitely be coached up

Ming the Merciless
05-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Is albert ranked 20th? wow....seriously? maybe that ranking system sucks.....i guess theres hope?

New World Order
05-01-2013, 02:23 PM

LMAO

nychief
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
In a league where you need at least 3 outside CBs, and 2 slot CBs, trading one of the five for a position of non-need justifiably opens you up to questions and scrutiny. The Chiefs do not currently have 5 CBs that have shown to be better than Arenas, or even 4. Things can change moving forward, but that's where it stands today.

He was obviously not one of our top 5, Sherlock.

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
He was obviously not one of our top 5, Sherlock.

Reading's not your strong suit, I see. Good luck with remedial classes.

Ming the Merciless
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
From Left to Right:

KeginKC, BossChief, SNR

sorry but ive run my hands and fingers through SNR's hair a million times in my mind

and he doesnt wear a piece / wig...that guy in the pic clearly does

SNR has more of a flat top with a tail, i can feel it in my imagination

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 02:26 PM

Dang, we're just calling people out for everything in this thread. No bandwagon is safe! Pretty soon we'll be butting heads on Sean LaChapelle.

Saul Good
05-01-2013, 02:28 PM

If you look at it realistically (that is to say we were just going to cut Arenas, anyway), then there is no downside here. I don't know if we got anything of value in return, but we gave up nothing.

There may be no upside, but there definitely isn't a downside.

If we're one Javier Arenas away from winning the Super Bowl next year, I will never post again.

ptlyon
05-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Sean LaChapelle sucks

ILChief
05-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Is albert ranked 20th? wow....seriously? maybe that ranking system sucks.....i guess theres hope?

He actually was ranked worse than 20th

Note: I think Albert is better than the 20th ranked LT, I was just making a point

KCDC
05-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Rest assured that Miami is now on the phone with Dorsey suggesting they will trade someone they plan to cut in camp for Brandon Albert and Dorsey is asking Reid if it is okay because it will save him $9 M cap money that he can spend on other crappy free agents like Dunta that will free us up cutting better young talent later.

Ming the Merciless
05-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Note: I think Albert is better than the 20th ranked LT, I was just making a point

point well taken, i didn't realize their rating system was so bad

Saul Good
05-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Rest assured that Miami is now on the phone with Dorsey suggesting they will trade someone they plan to cut in camp for Brandon Albert and Dorsey is asking Reid if it is okay because it will save him $9 M cap money that he can spend on other crappy free agents like Dunta that will free us up cutting better young talent later.

You know it. They're probably scheming up ways to acquire Frank Zombo from us as we speak.

Rain Man
05-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Sean LaChapelle sucks

You've got to be kidding me. He had all sorts of potential. He was the Geno Smith of wide receivers.

Chief Faithful
05-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Glad so see they are finally addressing the FB position. :banghead:

ptlyon
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
You've got to be kidding me. He had all sorts of potential. He was the Geno Smith of wide receivers.

Youre thinking of Marc Boerighter

Saul Good
05-01-2013, 02:37 PM

Wasn't she on Survivor?

ptlyon
05-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Wasn't she on Survivor?

Yes

HemiEd
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Link? I posted an article here a while back that showed him tied for 5th, but don't feel like going to find it again. Tied for 5th trying to protect Cassel should land you a huge contract.

Rain Man
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM

I'll never forget his touchdown catch in Super Bowl IV.

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 02:43 PM
ROFL LMAO ROFL LMAO My first week as a Chief and this happens. What have I done?

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 02:43 PM

The Chiefs, and essentially any team with designs on actually winning anything legitimate in this league, have no use for Javier Arenas.

And no, they don't have guys that are demonstrable better than him yet, but they do have guys that certainly could be and I'm not at all inclined to cut any of them to keep an established bit of sub-standard CB on our roster just because he's a known quantity.

You're spinning your wheels with Javier Arenas occupying a key spot on your club. And as to the rest of your inflated statements regarding CBs in this league...well that's just silly. Jalil Brown was our #4 CB last year and just exactly how critical was he to the success or failure of our defense last year? He was largely irrelevant until Routt got cut and he was elevated to the 3 role. And our 5th CB...I guess that was Travis Daniels but I'm not even sure of that.

No, you don't need 3 outside corners and 2 inside corners. You need two legitimate outside corners and we believe we have those in Flowers and Smith. You need a solid interior CB that can play 40% of the snaps and do a good job. None of you have any idea if we have that in Robinson because that's never been what's been asked of him. We do know that Arenas got abused pretty steadily in that role last year.

Then you have a couple of dime corners and depth corners. They're largely luxury items and rarely if ever make a difference on the field. Frankly, every team in the league struggles to fill those spots and generally fills them with developmental guys and not dudes with a track record of mediocrity.

You guys are just vastly overstating the impact of the CB beyond the #3 guys and vastly overstating Arena's performance as said #3 guy. This just does not matter.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I'll say it - **** Javier Arenas. **** him for being our compensation for Tony Gonzalez. **** him for not beingTerrence Cody. Or Navorro Bowman. Or Aaron Hernandez. Or Jimmy Graham. Or Kam Chancellor.

**** him for his shitty punt returns where he takes one step, reverses, spins, and takes a ****ing seat on the turf for a return of three yards.

**** him for being the first in a long line of retarded moves ***** made in the secondary. I hope he feels ashamed. I hope he is reading the paper saying "they traded me for a FULLBACK? A SHITTY FULLBACK?"

Yeah, bro. You got traded for a shitty fullback that won't make the practice squad. That's how bad you suck. That's how bad ***** sucks.

Wallow in your shame, you midget.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g148/saphojunkie/TONY_zpsafcab0c7.png

Shox
05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
The Chiefs, and essentially any team with designs on actually winning anything legitimate in this league, have no use for Javier Arenas.

And no, they don't have guys that are demonstrable better than him yet, but they do have guys that certainly could be and I'm not at all inclined to cut any of them to keep an established bit of sub-standard CB on our roster just because he's a known quantity.

You're spinning your wheels with Javier Arenas occupying a key spot on your club. And as to the rest of your inflated statements regarding CBs in this league...well that's just silly. Jalil Brown was our #4 CB last year and just exactly how critical was he to the success or failure of our defense last year? He was largely irrelevant until Routt got cut and he was elevated to the 3 role. And our 5th CB...I guess that was Travis Daniels but I'm not even sure of that.

No, you don't need 3 outside corners and 2 inside corners. You need two legitimate outside corners and we believe we have those in Flowers and Smith. You need a solid interior CB that can play 40% of the snaps and do a good job. None of you have any idea if we have that in Robinson because that's never been what's been asked of him. We do know that Arenas got abused pretty steadily in that role last year.

Then you have a couple of dime corners and depth corners. They're largely luxury items and rarely if ever make a difference on the field. Frankly, every team in the league struggles to fill those spots and generally fills them with developmental guys and not dudes with a track record of mediocrity.

You guys are just vastly overstating the impact of the CB beyond the #3 guys and vastly overstating Arena's performance as said #3 guy. This just does not matter.

No we are not. You are overstating the value of the 5th FB on the roster. Nobody is claiming JA should have been certain of a roster spot. But, he is better than another FB and it is a stupid trade!!!!!

Sorter
05-01-2013, 02:47 PM
None of you have any idea if we have that in Robinson because that's never been what's been asked of him.

I thought Dunta moved inside for all of their nickel/dime sets.

He got torched IIRC by DMC in the first game last year playing in the slot.

bevischief
05-01-2013, 02:47 PM
At least it didn't cost a draft pick.

saphojunkie
05-01-2013, 02:48 PM
No we are not. You are overstating the value of the 5th FB on the roster. Nobody is claiming JA should have been certain of a roster spot. But, he is better than another FB and it is a stupid trade!!!!!

I didn't really buy into your argument until the fifth exclamation point. You really got me there.

ptlyon
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I'll never forget his touchdown catch in Super Bowl IV.

I heard he will be a contestant on DWTS next season

mcaj22
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
anyone that watched football last year has a PERFECT idea of what to expect from Dunta in that role

Dunta was in this exact role in Atlanta with Asante and Grimes, then Grimes got hurt for the year and Dunta was elevated to #2 and got beat like a drum all year

and as the #3 in week 1. Guess who was torching him, Matt fucking Cassel and that god awful Chiefs team last season. That's how bad he is

Shox
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
I didn't really buy into your argument until the fifth exclamation point. You really got me there.

I'm glad we are getting through to you. There is hope for you!!!!!

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 02:51 PM
I thought Dunta moved inside for all of their nickel/dime sets.

He got torched IIRC by DMC in the first game last year playing in the slot.

Ineresting :hmmm: I wonder if Ace Sanders/Shipley/Shoelaces will be lighting him up then. This could be a problem.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I imagine they are planning on trying to grab a cornerback after cuts since we just traded our Dime back.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Ineresting :hmmm: I wonder if Ace Sanders/Shipley/Shoelaces will be lighting him up then. This could be a problem.Arenas was our best slot guy for the little quick WR's

I guess Flowers is taking that position now. :spock:

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 02:56 PM

You should have stopped right there, because that's at least an arguable point, even if it is jumping the gun, which is certainly something people should be able to question. The rest of your post was just one bad statement after another.

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Arenas was our best slot guy for the little quick WR's

I guess Flowers is taking that position now. :spock:

ROFL Flowers is an outside guy....let's hope they pick up someone.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Javier Arenas was trash and this is the final proof.

Suck it!

WhiteWhale
05-01-2013, 02:58 PM
ROFL Flowers is an outside guy....let's hope they pick up someone.

Flowers is a smart corner with great COD ability, an aggressive mentality, and incredible tackling ability for a corner.

The guy can do fine in the slot.

Shox
05-01-2013, 02:59 PM

To easy, I will pass.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Flowers is a smart corner with great COD ability, an aggressive mentality, and incredible tackling ability for a corner.

you usually don't put your best cover corner in the slot

I guess they are already planning for Welker maybe

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Ok so if the Jags rotate those 3 guys out while Flowers has no viable sub for himself, you think he'll do fine then? Doubtful.

Brock
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM

It was a trade of nothing for nothing. You're wigging out over that.

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Javier Arenas was trash and this is the final proof.

Suck it!

Thank you Clay. I was waiting for you to show up and say the same thing I've been saying all day. This guy was a fucking turd.

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 03:07 PM
All your FB are belong to us

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Thank you Clay. I was waiting for you to show up and say the same thing I've been saying all day. This guy was a ****ing turd.
the fact that you were waiting and putting credence into any position that goatboy takes says it all.

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
the fact that you were waiting and putting credence into any position that goatboy takes says it all.

Thanks Laz. I've been waiting for you to show up and say what I've been disagreeing with all day. Arenas was the greatest thing to ever wear a Chiefs jersey and it makes no sense to trade his backup ass for a guy that might actually contribute to the team in some manner.

Molitoth
05-01-2013, 03:09 PM
According to our experts the chiefs do nothing right

according to history, the chiefs do little right.

The Franchise
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM
you usually don't put your best cover corner in the slot

I guess they are already planning for Welker maybe

I think what they're saying is that they are going to move the CBs around. It's not just going to be Flowers on the left side and Robinson on the right. They're going to match up the CBs to the WRs they can actually cover.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 03:11 PM

He's the 2nd FB on the roster. He'll be the #2 guy this year. Chronological order is cute, but ultimately irrelevant. We traded our #4 CB and a guy that we didn't want to block a couple of developmental DBs for a backup FB.

But ultimately that's not why he's on the team, IMO. If he makes the team, it will be as a special teams player. Given that our special teams have been shit the last few years and teams like SF were winning games the last couple of years on the strength of their STs units, I have no problem with moving a guy that has no future here for a person that could provide an immediate upgrade to our STs.

Molitoth
05-01-2013, 03:12 PM
for the record, I don't hate this move... Arenas was nothing special... I'm just hoping the fullback is actually being brought in for special teams and not to be... well.... ya know... ANOTHER fullback on this roster.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 03:13 PM
anyone that watched football last year has a PERFECT idea of what to expect from Dunta in that role

Dunta was in this exact role in Atlanta with Asante and Grimes, then Grimes got hurt for the year and Dunta was elevated to #2 and got beat like a drum all year

and as the #3 in week 1. Guess who was torching him, Matt fucking Cassel and that god awful Chiefs team last season. That's how bad he is

Yeah this is the flip side...if Dunta is gonna be the nickel, with Sean Smith starting...ouch.

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:13 PM
We did not trade our #4 corner. We traded a guy that was going to be on the streets in 4 months. Arenas was not making this roster.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I think what they're saying is that they are going to move the CBs around. It's not just going to be Flowers on the left side and Robinson on the right. They're going to match up the CBs to the WRs they can actually cover.well i certain like that aspect

i hate the way Crennel let the offense dictate the matchups

Mr. Laz
We did not trade our #4 corner. We traded a guy that was going to be on the streets in 4 months. Arenas was not making this roster.

who is going to be our 4th cornerback?

DJ's left nut
You should have stopped right there, because that's at least an arguable point, even if it is jumping the gun, which is certainly something people should be able to question. The rest of your post was just one bad statement after another.

Says the guy that cheers for a team with precisely 1 NFL caliber CB on the roster.

Direckshun
05-01-2013, 03:16 PM
This is pretty much bullshit. I'm going on record, calling this bullshit.

Arenas played well in the slot. He was a spot starter and a decent one at that. I really fail to understand this move.

We brought in a fullback after drafting one. That by itself is puzzling, but trading away a good spot-starting nickelback for that is assinine.

This is fucking bullshit. This is our worse move of the offseason. Period.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Arenas was the greatest thing to ever wear a Chiefs jersey
nobody is saying that

You using that just shows that your position is pretty much based on bullshit and you need to exaggerate to avoid reality.

nychief
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM

Commings? Menzie? Brown?

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM

Brown or Menzie. Hopefully Menzie.

Rain Man
05-01-2013, 03:20 PM
This is pretty much bullshit. I'm going on record, calling this bullshit.

Arenas played well in the slot. He was a spot starter and a decent one at that. I really fail to understand this move.

We brought in a fullback after drafting one. That by itself is puzzling, but trading away a good spot-starting nickelback for that is assinine.

This is ****ing bullshit. This is our worse move of the offseason. Period.

Agreed.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Serious question, would you guys feel better if we just straight cut arenas instead of trading him for a fullback

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:21 PM
nobody is saying that

You using that just shows that your position is pretty much based on bullshit and you need to exaggerate to avoid reality.

Dude. Seriously. My position is based on the fact that Arenas is not any good. He might have been the second best corner that we had on the roster last year. That's like being the 2nd best cornerback on ChiefsPlanet. Again...HORRID footwork, soft on the jam and terrible instincts in both man and zone coverage.

nychief
All this hand wringing over Arenas is laughable.

Mr. Laz
Brown or Menzie. Hopefully Menzie.

sooo ... cross your fingers?

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Serious question, would you guys feel better if we just straight cut arenas instead of trading him for a fullback

That's where the argument ends. He was going to be cut. We salvaged what we could from him.

Mr. Laz
Dude. Seriously. My position is based on the opinion that Arenas is not any good. He might have been the second best corner that we had on the roster last year. That's like being the 2nd best cornerback on ChiefsPlanet. Again...HORRID footwork, soft on the jam and terrible instincts in both man and zone coverage.
FYP

Strongside
FYP

Fair enough.

Direckshun

If we cut him because we had five superior CBs on the roster, yes.

We do not. We have two. It remains to be seen if Dunta can make that three.

Arenas should have been on our roster, or traded for equivalent value.

He now is not, and was not.

Just Passin' By
05-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Says the guy that cheers for a team with precisely 1 NFL caliber CB on the roster.

First, they have two, not one, and another one that can play but has been moved to safety. Second, it's been a problem for the Patriots for years, which is part of the reason I understand how important CB depth is.

patteeu
05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
This is our worse move of the offseason. Period.

ROFL Aqua for Arenas!

Shox

At the end of training camp when we knew he was not better than 4 other guys and we had 4 other guys healthy in front of him VS. this scrub FB.

Hell yes.

Mr. Arrowhead
You don't think him and his agent was bitching to Dorsey about aquiring 2 new CBs and im guessing he demanded to be traded or cut

Johnny Vegas
05-01-2013, 03:26 PM
this place is trippin.

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:26 PM
I mean I could understand the freakout if we had just traded a guy like Allen Bailey for a backup kicker or something...but this is hilarious.

Tribal Warfare
05-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Chiefs trade Arenas to Cardinals for fullback Anthony Sherman (http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/01/4212254/chiefs-trade-for-cardinals-fullback.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
Cornerback Javier Arenas occupies a unique place in Chiefs history. He’s the player the Chiefs selected with the 2010 second-round NFL Draft pick they acquired from Atlanta by trading tight end Tony Gonzalez.

Wednesday’s trade that sent Arenas to the Arizona Cardinals in return for fullback Anthony Sherman guarantees the Gonzalez deal will be Arenas’ legacy.

Arenas played four seasons for the Chiefs, or not as many as Gonzalez has played for the Falcons. He was their nickel back and punt returner for much of that time, but Arenas had little impact in either area.

He became a starter along with Brandon Flowers midway through last season but was crowded out of any realistic shot at playing time in 2013 by the Chiefs’ recent free-agent signings of veteran cornerbacks Dunta Robinson and Sean Smith.

The Chiefs meanwhile now have a crowd at fullback. Patrick DiMarco, last year’s regular, returns. The Chiefs also selected Braden Wilson of Kansas State in the sixth round of the draft last week.

The 5-feet-10, 242-pound Sherman was drafted from Connecticut by the Cardinals in the fifth round in 2011. He started 11 games for Arizona in two seasons, but was mostly a blocker and special teams player. He had just one rushing attempt and caught 13 passes.

The Chiefs also announced the 13 players they signed as undrafted rookie free agents:

• QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee: Bray (6-6, 232) threw for 7,444 yards and 69 touchdowns for the Vols.

• LB Darin Drakeford, Maryland: Drakeford (6-1, 240) started only games over his career at Maryland.

• DB Otha Foster, West Alabama: Foster (6-0, 204) played two seasons in junior college before transferring

• WR Frankie Hammond Jr., Florida: Hammond (6-1, 184) caught 63 passes for the Gators.

• TE Demitrius Harris, Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Harris (6-7, 230) originally signed to play football at Arkansas State but wound up playing basketball in college.

• G A.J. Hawkins, Mississippi: Hawkins (6-1, 310) played right guard and center for the Rebels.

• OL Colin Kelly, Oregon State: Kelly (6-5, 298) started 25 games in college.

• DE Rob Lohr, Vanderbilt: Lohr (6-4, 290) had 11 sacks for the Commodores.

• DL Brad Madison, Missouri: Madison (6-4, 265) had 16 sacks for the Tigers.

• LB/DE Josh Martin, Columbia: Martin (6-3, 245) is the second Ivy League rookie for the Chiefs, joining seventh-round draft pick Mike Catapano.

• S Brad McDougald, Kansas: McDougald (6-1, 209) played on both sides of the ball for the Jayhawks.

• WR Rico Richardson, Jackson State: Richardson (6-1, 185) caught 130 passes in college.

• LB/DE Ridge Wilson, West Alabama: Wilson (6-4, 256) played in 32 games in college.

The Chiefs will have several more undrafted free-agent players participating in next weekend’s rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, without a contract, including former Kansas quarterback Dayne Crist.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:29 PM
This deal does not really matter. JA or whoever this FB is would very likley not be on our roster. That is not the point.

I'm tired of front office doing stupid deals that make no sense.

Namor40
Sherman is a very good special teams player, made some big hits and big plays on special teams for Arizona last year. He's also a high quality blocker and a solid receiver out of the backfield. There's a lot of ways that they can utilize him next year.

Marcellus
What is funny is how hard people have flip flopped on Arenas now.

He was almost universally hated except by me and a few others and now this....

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Frankie Hammond is a decent pickup. He has the talent, I just doubted the WR coaches at UF. They were horrible. Still are. He should make the team. He could certainly replace Dexter.

Shox
Sherman is a very good special teams player, made some big hits and big plays on special teams for Arizona last year. He's also a high quality blocker and a solid receiver out of the backfield. There's a lot of ways that they can utilize him next year.

They said the same thing about Cooper 15 years ago. It made a huge difference, not. Winning organizations do not make roster spots for special teamers. They don't make trades for special teamers, they trade special teamers to other teams.

DJ's left nut
We all agree that SF probably has the best blueprint in the league when it comes to teambuilding right now, yes?

2 years ago they were an amazing ST unit. Last year they regressed a bit - so what did they do? They went out and spent a fair amount of money in targeting Dan Skuta as a priority FA. Why? Because they wanted to firm up their STs.

And no, they didn't trade anybody for him, but that's where people seem to be getting hung up here - I really don't think the Chiefs did either. They were going to face a roster crunch at CB. They looked at their options and decided they like Menzie and Commings over Arenas. I don't see that as being at all unreasonable. The question then becomes whether or not they would've kept a 6th CB and if that 6th CB should've been Arenas or Brown.

And you guys are really flipping out over that? Who cares? Honestly, I'd rather keep Brown. Brown has more upside from a physical standpoint and doesn't appear to have completely maxed from a technique standpoint. Moreover, Brown was a really good player on the coverage unit for us last year. Jalil Brown offers a little more upside as a prospect and definitely offers more special teams value.

So no, I can't get upset that they chose Brown over Arenas either.

They chose to make a commitment to their STs in Brown and Sherman instead of holding onto a limited CB with no remaining upside.

nychief
05-01-2013, 03:32 PM
The faux indignation over this just makes this place look like a nut house. Just a bunch of people who are looking for stupid shit to bitch a out. I'm done talking about it. Can't wait to see all the Arenas jerseys at arrowhead this fall, pour one out for our fallen brother Javi...

Mr. Arrowhead
05-01-2013, 03:34 PM
this place is trippin.

No joke over 2 guys traded that suck, o don't you love the off-season

Kylo Ren
05-01-2013, 03:34 PM
pun intended? Sure.

bevischief
05-01-2013, 03:35 PM
this place is trippin.

Yep welcome to the off-season. Enjoy. LMAO

Strongside
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
The faux indignation over this just makes this place look like a nut house. Just a bunch of people who are looking for stupid shit to bitch a out. I'm done talking about it. Can't wait to see all the Arenas jerseys at arrowhead this fall, pour one out for our fallen brother Javi...

I'm sure the Cardinals are having trouble with their online store maintenance trying to keep up with all of the Arenas jersey orders too.

DJ's left nut
They said the same thing about Cooper 15 years ago. It made a huge difference, not. Winning organizations do not make roster spots for special teamers. They don't make trades for special teamers, they trade special teamers to other teams.

Well this is certainly inaccurate.

Winning organizations, especially of late, have often made moves expressly designed to tighten up their special teams units.

You're just wrong here.

saphojunkie
This deal does not really matter. JA or whoever this FB is would very likley not be on our roster. That is not the point.

I'm tired of front office doing stupid deals that make no sense to me.

FYP

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Well this is certainly inaccurate.

Winning organizations, especially of late, have often made moves expressly designed to tighten up their special teams units.

You're just wrong here.

Other than a return man, examples please.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:39 PM
FYP

Or to anyone else who knows anything at all about NFL football, which leave you out.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:40 PM

Waiting.............

Mr. Laz
05-01-2013, 03:42 PM
What is funny is how hard people have flip flopped on Arenas now.

He was almost universally hated except by me and a few others and now this....
I hated where Arenas was drafted ... still hate the pick.

Never hated the player

He's a decent nickle and a quality dime back ... a guy that is a good player to have around to cover smurfs.

This organization has been moving sideways all offseason long. Signing players similar to the one we just cut.

trade for a guy to replace the guy we just drafted

To lose a guy like Arenas is not the end of the world, it's just annoying.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Waiting.............

Still waiting........

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 03:44 PM

I just gave you one with the 49ers.

The Ravens just cut Ayandbadejo, but that was due to the cap issues they were facing. They paid him very handsomely over the last several years and he'd been an outstanding player for them through little more than STs contributions.

The Seahawks went out and snagged Farwell and he has bee instrumental in their STs units.

Seriously, champ - do your own homework as this isn't tough. The best teams in the league right now are absolutely putting significant resources towards their special teams.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Waiting.............

How about you go fuck yourself instead.

I'm truly sorry I didn't get my response to your dipshit demand put up within 3 minutes after already given you a concrete example that your braindead ass ignored.

I'm not sure why I bothered, you're evidently illiterate anyway.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I just gave you one with the 49ers.

The Ravens just cut Ayandbadejo, but that was due to the cap issues they were facing. They paid him very handsomely over the last several years and he'd been an outstanding player for them through little more than STs contributions.

The Seahawks went out and snagged Farwell and he has bee instrumental in their STs units.

Seriously, champ - do your own homework as this isn't tough. The best teams in the league right now are absolutely putting significant resources towards their special teams.

Oh so they signed FA's. Which one of them made a "TRADE"?

You do your homework champ.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:47 PM
In addition the depth of the Chiefs organization and 49er organization is night and day. The 49ers can add FA for special teams because the have depth at every position. They also have draft picks stock piled by trading their retreads to the Chiefs.

nychief
05-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Waiting.............

Long snappers? Steve Tasker? Bennie Thompson? For fuck's sake... This is asinine.

05-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Not a huge arenas fan but this trade is fucking stupid as hell.

Brock
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Still waiting........

Senn, Osgood, Skuta, Roby, Bruton, etc. These guys all got deals based on their ST play.

It doesn't matter if they traded for them or not, the Chiefs got this guy for fucking nothing.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Oh so they signed FA's. Which one of them made a "TRADE"?

You do your homework champ.

So yes, you are completely illiterate:

'Made moves', shit for brains.

When did I say they traded for them? When did you say 'traded for them'? You said 'make roster spots for special teamers' which is exactly what some of the best teams in the NFL have done over the last 2-5 years. The NFL very rarely sees player for player trades. Why is that your barometer for acceptable player acquisition?

Bill Belichick used a 6th rounder on Nate Ebner; a guy with no real football skills who they drafted to go play special teams. That's a move. That's the dedication of an asset expressly to satisfying a need on their special teams. And Ebner's been a great special teams player for them.

And no, Arenas wasn't going to get a better return than a 6th round pick.

But by all means, keep ignoring everything being shown to you, making demands and otherwise talking out your ass. You're really acquitting yourself nicely, here.

Hootie
05-01-2013, 03:51 PM
we could trade Jake O'Connell for a conditional 7th based on whether or not he scored a TD in 2013 and the whole board would be LIVID that we would trade a guy who has been on our roster for 4 years for a pick we may or may not get!!!

ChiefsPlanet...ladies and gentleman.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 03:52 PM
In addition the depth of the Chiefs organization and 49er organization is night and day. The 49ers can add FA for special teams because the have depth at every position. They also have draft picks stock piled by trading their retreads to the Chiefs.

So in other words, you're not really asking anyone to provide you examples because you're just going to obfuscate by going back to old saws you already enjoy bitching about.

Your very thesis is simply wrong. Winning organizations do make moves expressly designed to add strength to their special teams.

And you're an idiot.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Impossible to make the blind see.

You believe what you want, but this is a stupid trade to make at this point in the off-season giving the Chiefs current roster. You make any ignorant comparsions, excuses, or explanations you want to justify it, but it does not change the fact.

It is stupid.

I'm done here.

ChiefaRoo
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Peeoli, you egotistical arrogant incompetent ****ing nipple. Never head a draft for any team ever again.

He can't hear you he's too busy doing soul probing, in-depth live tv interviews with that Douche Bag Dan Patrick. Have any of you ever noticed that after a guy get fired by the Hunt family they seem to show up everywhere on tv? What up with that?

Brock
05-01-2013, 03:55 PM

You believe what you want, but this is a stupid trade to make at this point in the off-season giving the Chiefs current roster. You make any ignorant comparsions, excuses, or explanations you want to justify it, but it does not change the fact.

It is stupid.

I'm done here.

Tap out acknowledged.

Brock
05-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Not a huge arenas fan but this trade is fucking stupid as hell.

You should probably go think about it a little more.

Shox
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Tap out acknowledged.

Not at all. Tired dealing with football challenged IQs.

DJ's left nut
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM

It is stupid.

I'm done here.

Probably a good decision. I can't imagine that whole dipshit diatribe of yours worked out like you figured it would.

Sorry nobody else showed up to bail you out - joining a dog-pile was about the only hope you had of not being exposed as a half-wit. You managed to Cassel the fuck out of it and bounce off the heap.

Shox:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Matt-Cassel-Celebration-Fail.gif

Hootie

I thought you were done?

with our offseason acquisitions, Arenas was a borderline roster spot.

who gives a flying fuck if we traded him before we put him on our roster bubble?

lcarus
this place is trippin.

Yeah I've been reading this thread and laughing out loud at some reactions. Who gives a shit, ya know? Arenas sucked.

Brock
05-01-2013, 04:00 PM

ROFL You got your ass handed to you, I can see why you'd be tired of it.

Bootlegged
05-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Pretty simple - wasn't going to make the team - get someone in exchange that will make the team.

nychief
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Pretty simple - wasn't going to make the team - get someone in exchange that will make the team.

NO NO NO! Oh...wait....yeah.

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Being a fresh Chiefs fan, I gotta say. We drafted a FB already, and they could have also signed another UDFA FB if they really wanted another one. Oh well. As far as I'm concerned, Alex Smith counteracts any and all moves we make anyway so we're back where we started at the start of the 2012 season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Reminds me of Pioli's decision to target STers in '09 and people's steadfast claims that such choices would win us a couple extra close games.

siberian khatru
05-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Being a fresh Chiefs fan

Wait, wut?

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I hated Arenas given where he was drafted, but JFC, the guy turned into a halfway serviceable cornerback and Dorsey traded him for a goddamned special teams blocker?

These guys are fucking clowns.

patteeu
05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Wait, wut?

He thought it looked like fun to be a part of our winning tradition and to become a part of such a unified and pleasant fanbase.

Buehler445
05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Dorsey probably thought he was getting RICHARD Sherman.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Arenas was a better player than Robinson last year. Where is this bullshit coming from that he wasn't going to make the team?

The Chiefs said Commings was moving to safety.

Flowers and Smith would be ahead of him, and Robinson may start out as ahead, but I bet Arenas provides more value to the team than Cunta.

Projecting Pioli hate onto Arenas at this point is idiotic. Pioli is gone. Fuck him. Getting rid of a guy just because he was brought in by the prior regime is the exact same bullshit Pioli did.

Look at the player's performance. Arenas' suggests that he has far more value than a goddamned fullback.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Tony Gonzalez netted us a backup FB! Excellent value.

DaWolf
05-01-2013, 04:33 PM
At the end of the day, who cares. The guy reportedly wanted out (whick to me is key, you don't want to be here then GTFO), we have improved the talent in that department to a level where he was no lock to make it, and it was a piss poor draft pick in the first place by *****. If we were dumping a former pro bowl kick returner for a fullback, or a valuable defender for a fullback, then bad move. We're dumping a guy who is easily replaceable...

ChiefAshhole20
05-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Keep doubting Sherman...

J Diddy
05-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Pretty dumb move, imo.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 04:38 PM
It's obvious that Arenas wanted out since we added the other two corners and these guys don't think he was any good. I disagree with that, but oh well.

I thought his blitzing ability would have been a nice compliment to the 1 gap front.

I dont think Dante Robinson is a big upgrade over him, especially at his age.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Just don't fucking complain that we gave away a midget, dogshit nickel corner who wasn't going to make the roster in exchange for another guy who at least MIGHT make the roster.

Fuck, people.

Yeah, at the end of the day, no fucks given really, about this.

This team's success depends on stupid moves like Sean Smith and Alex Smith...and Eric Fisher at 1.1.....

We aren't going to live and die over losing a small amount of value on a trade of meh CB for whatever FB.

WV
05-01-2013, 04:40 PM
turned into a halfway serviceable cornerback and Dorsey traded him for a goddamned special teams blocker?

This is pretty much where I'm at.

I don't dislike trading Arenas nearly as much as what they traded him for. So far Dorsey is batting about .125 in the trade department.

Was Areanas great....no. Was he better than a SP FB....yes. Doesn't seem like they shopped him too hard.

I'm still far more pissed about the Average Smith trade.

Hammock Parties
But when it's time to write the Dorsey doc we can include this. :evil:

penbrook
At the end of the day, who cares. The guy reportedly wanted out (whick to me is key, you don't want to be here then GTFO), we have improved the talent in that department to a level where he was no lock to make it, and it was a piss poor draft pick in the first place by *****. If we were dumping a former pro bowl kick returner for a fullback, or a valuable defender for a fullback, then bad move. We're dumping a guy who is easily replaceable...

Jalil Brown is now the #4 corner and he did good last year.

Looks like Mccluster will be returning punts this year.

We have a good group of solid DBs. Maybe 9 dbs on this roster this year.

Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Brown, Commings, Berry, Lewis, Abdullah, Hartman.

Setsuna
I want links to him outright saying he wanted out otherwise it's just a ploy to try and justify the terrible move. I believe it's the latter and that's annoying and sickening.

Hammock Parties
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Looks like Mccluster will be returning punts this year.

LMAO

I hope so...he certainly needs MORE opportunities to prove what a worthless turd he is.

jd1020
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Jalil Brown is now the #4 corner and he did good last year.

Maybe I tuned out too early last season to be there for when Jalil Brown was good.

Last I recall of Mr. Jalil Brown was teams throwing in his direction when they wanted a 15+ yard gain.

BossChief
05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Hopefully this guy was someone Taub wanted and he helps our special teams.

Didn't we just draft a fullback?

WV
05-01-2013, 04:43 PM
LMAO

I hope so...he certainly needs MORE opportunities to prove what a worthless turd he is.

Maybe if he finally does get broken all these coaches will stop being fixated on fixing him

BossChief
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Jalil hasn't ever been good.

penbrook
05-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I want links to him outright saying he wanted out otherwise it's just a ploy to try and justify the terrible move. I believe it's the latter and that's annoying and sickening.

His agent told Ian Rapoport that the acusitions of corners we got this off season that Javier felt it was best to go to a team with a better oppurtunity to start.

jd1020
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Jalil hasn't ever been good.

Wish I could remember the name of the dude who was pimping Jalil all last season that's apparently changed his name to penbook.

siberian khatru
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
His agent told Ian Rapoport that the acusitions of corners we got this off season that Javier felt it was best to go to a team with a better oppurtunity to start.

What did the corners accuse us of?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2013, 04:47 PM
lol @ the true fan blather and excuses for this horrid trade...typical.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
05-01-2013, 04:48 PM

That's not a link. Fail.