PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Nightfyre
05-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I like how Geno fan's are getting castigated when "experts" and talking heads all expounded their man-love for the likes of Glennon and Nassib and Barkley as the top QBs in the class - only to watch them fall to the third and fourth rounds.

ShowtimeSBMVP
05-03-2013, 04:48 PM
The hits keep coming for Geno Smith
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 3, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
Geno Smith AP

Another day, another round of anonymous sources ripping new Jets quarterback Geno Smith.

This time the anonymous sources talked to ESPN.com, which quotes two people who work for NFL teams and who think Smith has character issues that will make life rough for him in his new NFL home.

“He’s going to have a tough time in New York,” an NFC scout said. “Right now, he’s coming off as a spoiled, pampered brat.”

Smith’s decision to fire his agents also has caused him to take some criticism from those who see it as a sign that he doesn’t stick it out when the going gets tough.

“One of his perceived weaknesses is working through adversity,” an AFC personnel executive said.

One of the problems Smith is having right now, as Mike Florio noted on PFT Live, is the very fact that he doesn’t have an agent. When players are taking heat in the media, it’s often the agent who gives him good public relations advice and helps him to beat back all the hits he’s taking. Smith could use someone whose job it is to look out for his interests, and he doesn’t have that right now.

But what’s unclear is why so many unnamed sources — including those who revealed this week that Smith didn’t handle himself well in pre-draft interviews — are coming out of the woodwork right now, a week after Smith was drafted. It’s starting to feel like piling on.

Whatever the reasons, Smith seems to have a lot of people around the league who don’t like him.

tk13
05-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Very strange. I can't recall a QB getting buried quite like this. It's not like they're trying to hurt his draft stock so they'll fall to a certain team. It's not a Rodgers or Quinn or even Marino situation. The draft is over, everybody already passed on the guy.

Hammock Parties
05-03-2013, 05:38 PM
It's just a bunch of arrogant old white racists flexing nuts.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Very strange. I can't recall a QB getting buried quite like this. It's not like they're trying to hurt his draft stock so they'll fall to a certain team. It's not a Rodgers or Quinn or even Marino situation. The draft is over, everybody already passed on the guy.

Old agent letting the flood gates open to the press I would imagine.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
I doubt it.

If anyone ever finds out that it's him he wouldn't ever get another client. Not worth the risk ... at all.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
I doubt it.

If anyone ever finds out that it's him he wouldn't ever get another client. Not worth the risk ... at all.

It is. That is why information is flowing like wildfire. If Smith had an agent, they would come back with PR against it.

RNR
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
He slid in the draft because there is absolutely nothing special about him plain and simple. Teams in desperate need of a QB made trades for nothing special veteran QBs, that should have been a clue to those on Chiefsplanet who were laughably in love with the kid. The only people shocked or surprise about him not being a high pick post here or are related to him. The team that drafted him traded for Tebow last year for ****s sake~

OrtonsPiercedTaint
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Chad Pennington is becoming the Jets' Trent Green.

TimeForWasp
05-03-2013, 06:40 PM
It seems all good QBs are a bit of a premadonna

RealSNR
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Some of them are postmadonnas.

Fat Elvis
05-03-2013, 07:15 PM

Yeah, that's good for business....:rolleyes:

HonestChieffan
05-03-2013, 07:22 PM

And some marginal Qb's

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-03-2013, 07:30 PM

Alex Smith has never done anything controversial in his career

Otter
05-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Does the Geno Mafia still punch the walls in their bedroom and beat get in internet fights because the girl they asked out for freshman prom went with someone else? Let it go guys, I'm ****ing embarrassed for you at this point.

Cannibal
05-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Just how much Geno cock can you motherfuckers stuff in your maws? Jesus...

Namor40
05-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Because the diehard VaGeno's on this site know more about NFL Scouting than anyone that actually has a job as a scout or working in an NFL front office. If all 32 teams had actually competent people manning the draft, Geno would have gone 1st, 2nd and 3rd.....with a timeshare agreement setup between the Chiefs, Jaguars and Raiders in advance.

Marcellus
05-03-2013, 08:23 PM
It's just a bunch of arrogant old white racists flexing nuts.

LMAO

You are so going to choke on your own nuts over Geno Smith.

Its so obvious its only a question of when.

Remember when Leaf kicked ass for like 2 preseason games and people got crazy? I doubt even that happens.

Otter
05-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Did 'can do no wrong' Geno graduate from West Virginia? A little research seems that little fact left out unlike all other draftees.

Jerm
05-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Further proving my point that people here would rather lose with Alex Smith so they could attempt to be right about Geno.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

I wasn't a fan of the Smith trade and I'm still not but damn if this place isn't quickly turning me into a big time fan of his.

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a player do so well, for obvious reasons, and to see the meltdown on here.

RealSNR
05-03-2013, 09:15 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous.

I wasn't a fan of the Smith trade and I'm still not but damn if this place isn't quickly turning me into a big time fan of his.

I don't think I've ever wanted to see a player do so well, for obvious reasons, and to see the meltdown on here.

That's a pretty overblown comment by The Bad Guy. Weird because he's normally a poster who chooses his words very carefully and rarely resorts to hyperbole.

If Alex actually is the solution to our QB woes, there's no fucking way there's a meltdown. You might have retards saying "Huhr I told you we'd get one of these QB trades right some day!" but the amount of shit slinging won't even register a measured blip in comparison to what's been going ever since Trent Green got his brains scrambled.

Baby Lee
05-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Did 'can do no wrong' Geno graduate from West Virginia? A little research seems that little fact left out unlike all other draftees.

Sisterfucktucky State?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Just how much Geno cock can you motherfuckers stuff in your maws? Jesus...

About as much O-line dong as you seem to love.
Posted via Mobile Device

GoChargers
05-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Alex Smith has never done anything controversial in his career

He's also not a good QB.

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-04-2013, 12:32 AM
He's also not a good QB.

Unless he has a decent coach or is in the playoffs. Then he's dominant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmECoY3275E

GoChargers
05-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Unless he has a decent coach or is in the playoffs. Then he's dominant

Yeah, Alice was real dominant against the Giants in the biggest game of her career, not even putting up 200 yards and getting completely outclassed by Eli Manning.

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah, Alice was real dominant against the Giants in the biggest game of her career, not even putting up 200 yards and getting completely outclassed by Eli Manning.

He put up 196 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 turnovers. He wasn't remotely outclassed. He lost because Kyle Williams fumbled late in the 4th and OT. Why don't you compare Smith's passer rating against the Giants to Tom Brady's?

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Or for that matter, Rodgers or Ryan against the 2011 Giants

I'm convinced that this fan base doesn't even care about winning. They'd rather play the victim and bitch all day than support a real team

Hammock Parties
05-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Shut up you little mental midget. We know a shitty checkdown loving game manager when we see it. This fan base is experts on that kind of blue balls QB play.

We are going to use you as the pivot man in a giant Chiefsplanet circle jerk this December. You will run home to your pathetic 49ers forum and bow before Colin Kaepernick's master race QB play.

Prepare, cunt.

Sassy Squatch
05-04-2013, 01:15 AM
Shut up you little mental midget. We know a shitty checkdown loving game manager when we see it. This fan base is experts on that kind of blue balls QB play.

We are going to use you as the pivot man in a giant Chiefsplanet circle jerk this December. You will run home to your pathetic 49ers forum and bow before Colin Kaepernick's master race QB play.

Prepare, cunt.
Simmer down now, Boba.

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-04-2013, 01:17 AM

Prepare, cunt.

Alex Smith performed better against the Giants than Rodgers, Brady, and Ryan and you hate that.

You're a joke. The minute the Chiefs start winning you'll be pretending you never doubted this franchise. And they will be winning.

Sassy Squatch
05-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Alex Smith performed better against the Giants than Rodgers, Brady, and Ryan and you hate that.

You're a joke. The minute the Chiefs start winning you'll be pretending you never doubted this franchise. And they will be winning.
Yep. Just flows with the tide

Hammock Parties
05-04-2013, 01:23 AM

Wrong. At the end of this season Alex Smith will be drawn and quartered and then we send his body parts to the four corners of Arrowhead as a warning.

GAME MANAGER QBS FORBIDDEN

http://sandiegofreepress.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/drawn-and-quartered.jpg

Alex Smith 4Ever
05-04-2013, 01:29 AM
As I said, you and half of this board are cheering for the Chiefs to fail. You'd rather play the victim and bitch all day than support a real team

And tell me more about how you need to draft a QB in the first round to be a contender.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/30/4286942/2013-super-bowl-odds-49ers-broncos

ps. 49ers were #1 last year as well

Rasputin
05-04-2013, 06:45 AM
As I said, you and half of this board are cheering for the Chiefs to fail. You'd rather play the victim and bitch all day than support a real team

And tell me more about how you need to draft a QB in the first round to be a contender.
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/30/4286942/2013-super-bowl-odds-49ers-broncos

ps. 49ers were #1 last year as well

JHC man. We want a quarterback that we can build a future with. We want a quarterback that could last 10+ years to cheer for. We want a quarterback that can grow with the team and turn us into world championship(s) football team. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

Messier
05-04-2013, 06:55 AM
JHC man. We want a quarterback that we can build a future with. We want a quarterback that could last 10+ years to cheer for. We want a quarterback that can grow with the team and turn us into world championship(s) football team. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

That'd be awesome. That's what any fan wants. I didn't see that in this crop of rookies, I saw alot of meh. To me, taking a flier on Bray, is a good move, because in a year like this, he's got as good a chance to work out as most of these QBs.

Cannibal
05-04-2013, 07:04 AM

Prepare, ****.

LMAO

Rasputin
05-04-2013, 07:12 AM
That'd be awesome. That's what any fan wants. I didn't see that in this crop of rookies, I saw alot of meh. To me, taking a flier on Bray, is a good move, because in a year like this, he's got as good a chance to work out as most of these QBs.

Fine, if this class sucked so bad and we can move on to next year for a better crop of QBs but there better not be any excuse not to pick one. We don't have a second round pick so I'm hoping we spend our first pick of the draft on a quarterback. FN BS if we go another year with out doing so and Clark Hunt lies if he says he wants to build the team in the draft.

I don't curr how Alex Smith does this year we need to draft qbotf with our top pick.

Messier
05-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Fine, if this class sucked so bad and we can move on to next year for a better crop of QBs but there better not be any excuse not to pick one. We don't have a second round pick so I'm hoping we spend our first pick of the draft on a quarterback. FN BS if we go another year with out doing so and Clark Hunt lies if he says he wants to build the team in the draft.

I don't curr how Alex Smith does this year we need to draft qbotf with our top pick.

I agree, that Smith isn't a long term solution. I believe if he's average, or below average, Reid will look for his replacement sooner than later. Reid's history says he'll look to upgrade even if Smith is good.

BlackHelicopters
05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Smith is going to surprise us all. See you in February.