PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Go on record: What will make the Reid regime a success?

Pages : 1 [2]

Frosty
07-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Eventually, I'm going to expect play-off wins and SB appearances but, for now, I would settle for no longer looking like a bunch of retarded monkeys on the field.

ChiefsCountry
07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
17% of the Super Bowls have been lost by Bud Grant and Marv Levy teams. That's a pretty impressive stat actually.

Mav
07-25-2013, 11:10 AM
17% of the Super Bowls have been lost by Bud Grant and Marv Levy teams. That's a pretty impressive stat actually.

wow. That is impressive.....

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 11:19 AM
still don't think I would have wanted Polian for GM this year had the Chiefs gone that direction.

I didn't want him this year but he certainly would have been an improvement over Steadman and Schaaf back in the day.

kysirsoze
07-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs since 1999.

I'm pretty certain their fans would enjoy multiple playoff wins.

Late in replying, but my point is winning all those playoff games in the 90's with no SB to show for it probably isn't a warm memory for most Bills fans. Better days than now, but still sour because they couldn't close the deal. Same as Philly under Reid.

DaneMcCloud
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Late in replying, but my point is winning all those playoff games in the 90's with no SB to show for it probably isn't a warm memory for most Bills fans. Better days than now, but still sour because they couldn't close the deal. Same as Philly under Reid.

I don't know, Man. That's quite a reach.

I know a diehard Bills fan out here and he's longing for the days of the early 90's.

I mean, why wouldn't you? How can anyone be bitter about watching Hall of Fame players every week that appear in four straight Super Bowls?

That's unprecedented and pretty freakin' awesome.

DaWolf
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Until we get to a state of eliteness where the expectation is Super Bowl year in and year out (New England, Indy with Manning, Baltimore, SF right now), my vision of success would be divisional dominance and some playoff wins.

Andy Reid won the NFC East 6 times in 14 years (and finished 2nd 4 other times).

To give you some perspective, the Chiefs (Texans) have won the AFC West (or their division) 8 times in it's entire history (52 years)...

Frazod
07-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Eventually, I'm going to expect play-off wins and SB appearances but, for now, I would settle for no longer looking like a bunch of retarded monkeys on the field.

Yeah, being able to make it through the games I pay through the nose to watch would be a nice change.

milkman
07-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Especially when it's Marv and Bill Polian

I was pissed when the Chiefs fired Levy.
3 years of steady improvement, followed by a miserable strike shortened that Levy paid the price for.

I didn't want him this year but he certainly would have been an improvement over Steadman and Schaaf back in the day.

Much of the foundation for Marty's early years, including '93' was laid by Schaaf.

Valiant
07-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Sadly for true fans we only need to try hard and get 8-8. Maybe squeek a playoff spot once.

Realistically in this sad franchise a lowly playoff win.

To me. Superbowl appearance. Win would be icing.

MTG#10
07-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Here's how beat down of a Chiefs fan I am: One fucking playoff win is all I ask.

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
The Reid regime will be a smashing success when faced with the reality that they are unable to acquire Geno in a trade and there is no Andrew Luck or RGIII at their immediate disposal are successfully able to grunt three times and shit a franchise QB that is guaranteed to win the Super Bowl for the next fifteen years consecutively in a row that makes all other teams pretty much give up in advance when they examine our franchise QB's PFF stats very closely.

(ya, i know, if ya read it slowly....)

Then we'll obviously have a front office smarter than the Jets because Geno will so much rape faces this year.

Dinny

DJ's left nut
11-29-2022, 09:37 AM
Man - we'd set the bar pretty low for Andy...

Vegas_Dave
11-29-2022, 09:39 AM
The Reid regime will be a smashing success when faced with the reality that they are unable to acquire Geno in a trade and there is no Andrew Luck or RGIII at their immediate disposal are successfully able to grunt three times and shit a franchise QB that is guaranteed to win the Super Bowl for the next fifteen years consecutively in a row that makes all other teams pretty much give up in advance when they examine our franchise QB's PFF stats very closely.

Then we'll obviously have a front office smarter than the Jets because Geno will so much rape faces this year.

Dinny

Awesome.

Bearcat
11-29-2022, 09:41 AM
Just win a Super Bowl. Is that too much to ask?

I'd be happy if we draft a quarterback that we can build a dominant team around for years to come. That would make success.

This seemed like such a pipe dream 10 years ago...

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:42 AM
1. Find/acquire/develop an elite QB.
2. Build a dynasty that participates in and wins multiple SuperBowls.

Good take

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:43 AM
Playoffs this year
AFC Championship contender next year
Superbowl contender the rest of his tenure

Another good take

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:45 AM
Just win a Super Bowl. Is that too much to ask?

I'd be happy if we draft a quarterback that we can build a dominant team around for years to come. That would make success.

Came true

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:47 AM
-Find a franchise QB
-At least an AFC Championship/SB appearance
-Drafting well and not leaving this team in shambles when he leaves/but that's part of Dorsey's job as well...prob more so his than Reid's.

Excellent

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:50 AM
winning more then one super bowl = A+ Success
winning a super bowl = A success
losing a super bowl = A-
AFC championship = B
Winning some playoff games = C
Winning A playoff game C-

ROFL

This team has had three playoff appearances in the past 15 years.

105 wins versus 138 loss (.314 winning percentage).

A playoff win is a C-?

Dane McDouche with another fail on his takes.
Guy thought he knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING and mocked everyone with name calling for not agreeing with him.

Good riddance.

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:51 AM
Wow, you guys really have high expectations for a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in more than 20 years.

Douche McCloud

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:53 AM
And if Andy Reid wins in the playoffs, makes an AFC Championship appearance and never wins a Super Bowl, he'll still be considered a success to the overwhelming majority of fans.

Super Bowls are nice but in addition to great ownership, front office, coaching and personnel, there is absolutely a certain amount of luck involved.

Douchetard

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:54 AM
I'm calling my shot. We're in the conference championship within 3 years.

Close......

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:55 AM
If he can draft Johnny Manziel so we can have out QBOTF it will all be a success.

OUCH!

You are NOT our next GM. :D

FlaChief58
11-29-2022, 09:56 AM
Super Bowl or Bust

Yep

scho63
11-29-2022, 09:58 AM
Turnaround? Sure. Win a Super Bowl? Not so sure.

Le Douche strikes again. LOL

scho63
11-29-2022, 10:01 AM
3 things

1. Finding a franchise QB, whether it's Alex or a guy who isn't here yet.
2. Build the front 7 to an elite level.
3. Drafting well every year so that the team has depth and talent.

Got your wish. :thumb:

Red Dawg
11-29-2022, 10:02 AM
More rings. If we only get one ring out of Mahomes with Andy it really diminishes what he's done. Mahomes must get more rings for his own legacy to be separate from those that knock him and put him in with Allen and Burrow and whoever else. There have been a ton of shitty QB's get a ring. They had teams led by defenses and just went a long for the ride. Brady got 3 like that and Eli got 2. Then there's the Dilfer loser, Rypien, Doug Williams and the list goes on. Wilson looks like that now.

scho63
11-29-2022, 10:03 AM
Franchise QB, Superbowl. In no particular order, although one is much more likely than the other.

Simple but a success! :D

Mecca
11-29-2022, 10:04 AM

In reality it's fair though, he may be the only guy who's been as successful as he has been in 2 spots.

I believe before Reid there was a bunch of history that said if a coach doesn't win a SB in 5 years it isn't going to happen. Also I believe coaches with a very successful first stop usually aren't as good in the next go around.

I'd say he's overachieved according to NFL history.

scho63
11-29-2022, 10:05 AM
10 wins a year for 10 years

:thumb:

scho63
11-29-2022, 10:07 AM
I think that Andy Reid will get us to a couple 2-3 AFC Championship games and one Superbowl appearance that we lose.

You started very well but drove the car off the cliff. :LOL:

scho63
11-29-2022, 10:09 AM
To me our record would need to be around an average of 10 wins a season, drafting and developing our own QB, and at least a couple of playoff victories.

Short sold the dream.

Super Bowl win. Everything else a Reid regime has done. My measure of success is to exceed what you have done in the past. Not match it.

BINGO!

scho63
11-29-2022, 10:13 AM
Shockingly I would see it as a MAJOR failure if we never make it back to the SB and a MINOR failure not to win more.

tyecopeland
11-29-2022, 10:20 AM
Reduce Justin Watson snaps

Buehler445
11-29-2022, 10:34 AM

To be fair, we fucking sucked fucking ass. God fucking Squirmin Herman Fucking Sack of Cunt Edwards took a bottom tier contender and made it a joke. Scott Franchise Killer Pioli successfully fulfilled his namesake. We were a 2-14 team with fucking Jamaal Charles, and a couple other dudes that didn't suck.

Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli had sucked the fucking hope out of the franchise.

Plus, we didn't know Patrick Mahomes was possible because he's the best that's ever played. And, of course he hadn't played yet.

cmh6476
11-29-2022, 10:36 AM
If he gets us a legit franchise qb.

Everything else will take care of it self from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty early post for /thread

Hammock Parties
11-29-2022, 10:42 AM
Reid will be a success to me if he gets us a long term answer at QB.

The goalposts have moved.

We should have no less than two rings under Reid for this to be a success now.

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:47 AM
His QB choices.

After what will surely be two mediocre seasons from Alex Smith, Reid will either make moves to acquire his replacement or do something stupid.

Reid will be a success to me if he gets us a long term answer at QB.

Look at Clay!

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:50 AM
If Reid is re-energized by his experience in KC, he can easily go ten years. It all depends on how it works out.

I make no predictions about success because the bar is set SO fucking low, but in all honesty, I'm at the point where I'd just like to feel like I haven't completely wasted three hours of my life each Sunday (and $200+ per year on NFL Sunday Ticket).

I'd like to be frustrated from time to time because we lost a game that we should have won, instead of losing games we had no business winning.

[emoji106]

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:51 AM
-Find a franchise QB
-At least an AFC Championship/SB appearance
-Drafting well and not leaving this team in shambles when he leaves/but that's part of Dorsey's job as well...prob more so his than Reid's.

[emoji106]

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:52 AM
winning more then one super bowl = A+ Success
winning a super bowl = A success
losing a super bowl = A-
AFC championship = B
Winning some playoff games = C
Winning A playoff game C-

Let’s get that A+ this season!

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I think one playoff win in Reid's entire tenure here would be a C-.

Hell, that might be generous.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l5DePfMmB09ZVkh3Af/giphy.gif

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:54 AM
Wow, you guys really have high expectations for a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in more than 20 years.

I remember this mindset for Chiefs fans.

KChiefs1
11-29-2022, 10:55 AM

Dinny

Nice