PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My 10 Keys to Beating Denver

BossChief
11-13-2013, 08:54 PM
1) Dontari Poe pushing that pocket. If he is able to make Manning move left to right consistently, that's gonna give Hali and Houston opportunities to strip that ball and hit the 5head.

2) No drops. We are gonna need every yard. Every first down. Alex needs to be able to get in a rhythm and keep the offense moving and putting points on the board. Dropped passes kill drives and we can't afford to have that happen against a team like Denver. We need to play a near perfect game to win.

3) Hitting Manning. Over and over. He needs to get hit almost every drop back. Force them to get the ball out before they want to and let our guys make plays on the ball. Hitting that egghead early and often without sending blitzers is imperative in winning this one. It's gonna
be cold and he isn't gonna want to move too much to get the ball out. If we can consistently hit him and make his injury really bother him, we can take over the game in the third and fourth quarter. We just need to keep it close until then. IMO of course.

4) Keep Dunta Robinson off the field. Nuff said.

5) Replace Jeff Allen with Schwartz. Allen just gets beat way too much to keep that starting spot.

6) Move Hussein Abdullah into the starting free safety spot. Manning will be targeting Lewi over and over if he is out there. Same goes for Dunta Robinson. From what I've seen since day one, Hussein is the second best safety on this team in almost every measurable way. Faster, more physical, better instincts, better ball skills. Just a better player.

7) Take the ball away without giving up the big play. All 3 of our corners, DJ and Berry all have good ball skills and we need to take advantage of the fact that Manning will be looking to get the ball out early by jumping some of the short routes. It's gonna be COLD and there will be opportunities for big plays in the secondary...we need to take advantage of those chances. 1 dropped pick could be the difference in the games momentum.

8) Eric Fisher will need to show why we picked him first overall and he has his work cut out for him. Von Miller is about as good a player as he will face all year and he needs to have a solid game against him. If Miller is able to run wild and we need to keep a tight end in to block, that's gonna hurt Alex Smiths chances of moving the chains through the air. Which leads me to...

9) Alex Smith needs to bleed that defense for every inch Sunday night. He needs to be pinpoint accurate all night and take advantage of the defense compensating to stop Charles. We need 300 yards from Alex and no turnovers to have a chance. 260 passing 2tds and 50 rushing would be perfect. A rushing td would be an added bonus that is probably needed to beat a team like Denver.

10) Shutting down their running game without giving up too much bad info for play action passing because Peyton will be watching. Their running game is better than in years past and we need to atop it at the point of attack and not force ourselves to committ too much safety help to doing so. If we can do that we should be in good shape on third downs.

If we take care of those things, I think we have a good chance at beating Denver in their place and being a possible superbowl favorite come Monday morning.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 08:56 PM
That's a huge fucking laundry list.

Wallcrawler
11-13-2013, 08:58 PM
2, and 9 are huge.

With the offense that Andy likes to call, Alex absolutely has to hit those open receivers when they get open, and not overthrow them by a mile.

Along with that, the receivers need to catch the football when Alex puts in in their hands/numbers. Absolutely no more of that bullshit we saw from McCluster in that Buffalo game, dropping a wide open pass with nobody within 10 yards of him.

I would add that Jamaal getting 20+ rushes in this game is going to be key to getting the passing game off the ground. Smith is a good playaction passer, but if there's no rushing threat, its just another wasted talent of one of our offensive players.

In58men
11-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Brandon Albert needs to work on his false starts.

tk13
11-13-2013, 09:03 PM
We need to score more points than the Broncos. That's a huge key to winning this game. We will not win the game if we do not score more points than them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 09:04 PM

Sir? SIR!

We need to score more points than the Broncos. That's a huge key to winning this game. We will not win the game if we do not score more points than them.

LMAO

QuikSsurfer
11-13-2013, 09:04 PM

This I can agree with... We have to be the victor in this category.

KcMizzou
11-13-2013, 09:06 PM
We need to score more points than the Broncos. That's a huge key to winning this game. We will not win the game if we do not score more points than them.But, we also need to hold them to less points than we score.

ThaVirus
11-13-2013, 09:08 PM

LMAO You've been working that one for a while now

RealSNR
11-13-2013, 09:10 PM
5 and 6 ain't fucking happening, unfortunately. 7 won't happen because we're going to give up some big plays. It's going to happen. Bank on it. But we gotta keep being aggressive. Turnovers and sacks are going to be what wins this game on defense. So count 7 as a half. 8 probably won't happen. Fisher was better last game, but that's not a precedent for hope against Von Miller 9... eh... probably not but you never know. I'd put it at 40%.

10... again, we're going to give up big plays. An aggressive defense has to leave holes on the field. Peyton will find those, and so will the RBs at times.

1, 2, 3: I think we'll be fine. Robinson has barely graced the field at all lately, so that will also happen.

I count 5.5, Boss. If we do 5.5, does that equal a win?

QuikSsurfer
11-13-2013, 09:10 PM
But, we also need to hold them to less points than we score.

Listen.. We stop them when they have the ball. We score TDs when we have it.

And McCluster has to have at least 2 TDs.

Mr. Laz
11-13-2013, 09:11 PM
If we go at Dungver with this meat and potatoes A,B,C game plan on both sides of the ball we are going to be in trouble. We have to switch stuff up.

we have to win the turnover battle by 3.

SAUTO
11-13-2013, 09:13 PM
WE NEED HALI AND HOUSTON TO DOUBLE UP ON PEYTON'S ASS
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
11-13-2013, 09:15 PM
If we do 3 it will enough to beat them.

tk13
11-13-2013, 09:16 PM
LMAO You've been working that one for a while now

Yet I've never been wrong! I'd like to see anyone else with a better track record of analysis.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-13-2013, 09:27 PM
We need to control the clock. The Broncos never lose, they just run out of time....

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 09:29 PM
We need to control the clock. The Broncos never lose, they just run out of time....

Taking the knee in Pile High would be fucking awesome.

FlaChief58
11-13-2013, 09:29 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm of the opinion that if we score more points than we give up, we have a pretty good chance of beating them

BossChief
11-13-2013, 09:30 PM
5 and 6 ain't ****ing happening, unfortunately. 7 won't happen because we're going to give up some big plays. It's going to happen. Bank on it. But we gotta keep being aggressive. Turnovers and sacks are going to be what wins this game on defense. So count 7 as a half. 8 probably won't happen. Fisher was better last game, but that's not a precedent for hope against Von Miller 9... eh... probably not but you never know. I'd put it at 40%.

10... again, we're going to give up big plays. An aggressive defense has to leave holes on the field. Peyton will find those, and so will the RBs at times.

1, 2, 3: I think we'll be fine. Robinson has barely graced the field at all lately, so that will also happen.

I count 5.5, Boss. If we do 5.5, does that equal a win?

Can we push that up to a 7?

I think 7 is where we need to be.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Only 10 keys?

Red Dawg
11-13-2013, 09:31 PM
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm of the opinion that if we score more points than we give up, we have a pretty good chance of beating them

SMART ASS MUTHER FUCKER!

New World Order
11-13-2013, 09:42 PM
It's simple really... Play good football

ThaVirus
11-13-2013, 09:42 PM
We really need Poe to do some damage in pushing the pocket back into Peyton's lap. If he has nowhere to step up it'll do a lot to fuck up his timing and release. We also need Tamba to put together another AFC Defensive Player of the Week type performance. If he fears the blindside rush after Tamba hits him a couple times, he'll have happy feet all game and will likely fumble at least once. I don't expect Houston to have a great game; Manning will see him coming the whole way..

Honestly, this is going to take a stellar team effort to win this one. If I had to pick a handful of players to have the games of their careers though, it'd be Poe, Hali and Alex Smith. Jamaal's pretty much a constant- that dude is great every game so I'm not worried about him.

ThaVirus
11-13-2013, 09:46 PM
One thing I've noticed in the 19 games I've watched the Broncos play this season is that they love to pull the guard when running from the shotgun, even in short yardage situations. It's going to be very important for DJ or whoever to recognize what's happening and knife in their quickly to stop them before they get started. We all know Peyton loves to defer responsibility on those critical third downs and check to runs- we just have to be ready to stop it. The Colts, for all the talk about shutting down the passing game, did pretty well at that..

KcMizzou
11-13-2013, 09:53 PM
It's simple really... Play good footballEliminate Bad Football

/Romeo

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Eliminate Football

/Romeo

fxd.

Dartgod
11-13-2013, 09:55 PM
We will destroy them if all 10 happen.

I'd settle for 6 or 7 out of 10. Preferably 1, 3, 7, 8, 9 and 10

Titty Meat
11-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Kyle Williams

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Kyle Williams

Mike Brown.

PRIEST
11-13-2013, 10:04 PM
POE Poe POE Poe POE & did I say Poe , his push is gonna be the success of this defense , forehead has to move !!! No statue standing picking his targets , move his ass good things for the d happen hit him great things happen .

BossChief
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Also, we have a battle that us probably unbeatable against the refs.

They are gonna be trying their best to turn every blind eye possible holding call out there in an attempt to keep the 5head upright.

PRIEST
11-13-2013, 10:16 PM

They are gonna be trying their best to turn every blind eye possible holding call out there in an attempt to keep the 5head upright.

This is the most sure thing to happen , what says Vegas ? I can see it now off sides & non holding calls on the mules . Oh well no worse then horse face running past the LOS then throwing. wth was that .

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 10:16 PM

Do we know which crew is coming in?

MileHighFish
11-13-2013, 10:24 PM

Why didnt the refs throw a flag last week when Manning was hit below the knees by SD and re-aggravated his ankle? Already sounding like the foundation for the "refs screwed us" excuse being laid IMO....

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Why didnt the refs throw a flag last week when Manning was hit below the knees by SD and re-aggravated his ankle? Already sounding like the foundation for the "refs screwed us" excuse being laid IMO....

Because it's a plot. A bloody coup staged by Clark Hunt. Yeah, he looks like "Mr. Nice Guy/Senator" and all. But don't let that fool you. He's in league with Lucifer!

RealSNR
11-13-2013, 10:49 PM

If the refs do their jobs on Sunday night, Hali will get at least one holding penalty called his way.

If he doesn't, it's reasonable to believe that the refs were choosing to ignore it all night.

MileHighFish
11-13-2013, 10:55 PM
If the refs do their jobs on Sunday night, Hali will get at least one holding penalty called his way.

If he doesn't, it's reasonable to believe that the refs were choosing to ignore it all night.

IMO the refs can call holding on every play if they wanted to... I am sure the Denver coaches are telling the oline to do whatever they need to in order to protect Manning. Why not force the officials to make a call?...

Psyko Tek
11-13-2013, 10:57 PM
FUCK THIS
one play game over
DO NOT RECEIVE THE KICK OFF

BLITZ EVERYONE
either the 5 head gets killed or is so fucking scared he will choke himself to death

and even if he makes the throw
he will hear footsteps the rest of that cold night in the frozen shadow of the rocky mountains

Rain Man
11-13-2013, 10:59 PM
I think there are two keys to the game.

1. Make Manning panic and hear footsteps.

2. Score at least three points.

bricks
11-13-2013, 11:03 PM
I think the key is #1.

Poe has to have a monster game. Don't let Manning get comfortable in the pocket and give him a chance. That pocket needs to be collapsed. Force him to move around that way he could aggravate that ankle more. Who knows that may effect the way he sets his feet and cause his throws to be a bit off?

So I think thats important, and our corners have to bring there "A" game Sunday night. I'd like to see a lot of physicality going on between our corners and their receivers. Jam the guys at the line and disrupt the timing of the routes and plus really tight man to man coverage.

Gravedigger
11-13-2013, 11:04 PM
How about our 1 key to winning the game is to.... win the game. I don't care how you do it but win the game.

prhom
11-13-2013, 11:08 PM
I really think it boils down to pressure on Manning. If we can't do that we won't win period. Smith and Charles can have their best game of the season and it wouldn't be enough to beat Manning if he can just sit back and not get hit. The other points are great, just not the key to the game IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Hit him early and often. The rest will take care of itself.

Simply Red
11-13-2013, 11:17 PM
If they pull this off, I'll then believe we will win a playoff game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 11:23 PM

If they pull this off, you'd better load the Saab for a trip to NY.

BossChief
11-13-2013, 11:29 PM

If they can pull this off, there is absolutely no reason they can't at least make it to the superbowl this year. There won't be a tougher situation to go into than Denver on Sunday night of any AFC prospective playoff team.

We would also have a 2 game lead on the AFC for homefield advantage with 6 games to play and if we can beat the Broncos at Invesco, we can beat ANYONE at Arrowhead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 11:31 PM
If they can pull this off, there is absolutely no reason they can't at least make it to the superbowl this year. There won't be a tougher situation to go into than Denver on Sunday night of any AFC prospective playoff team.

We would also have a 2 game lead on the AFC for homefield advantage with 6 games to play and if we can beat the Broncos at Invesco, we can beat ANYONE at Arrowhead.

This is the most important game we've played in YEARS. More important than that 2010, bullshit PO game for sure.

BossChief
11-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Let's not get too worked up.

I give us a 20% chance at coming out with a w.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Let's not get too worked up.

I give us a 20% chance at coming out with a w.

50/50.

MagicHef
11-13-2013, 11:36 PM

Do you honestly believe this? If so, that's pretty sad.

According to you, the refs didn't do their jobs when the Chiefs played the Jaguars, Cowboys, Eagles, Titans, Raiders, Texans, or Bills. They must have been protecting all those marquee QBs.

Sorter
11-13-2013, 11:36 PM
Allen Bailey/Catapano are going to have to produce in subs for KC to win.

Incidentally, that's a matchup that looks quite nice.

thabear04
11-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Keep manning off the field too.

We need to play like against the Eagles game.

wink91wink
11-13-2013, 11:47 PM
It's not a matter of whether we win or lose, as long as we score more points than the other team.

Nightfyre
11-13-2013, 11:49 PM
My three keys for the defense:
1) Win the press-coverage battle - disrupting the timing of the routes and picks is going to be crucial to creating enough time for an effective pass-rush.

2) Pressure - Peyton Manning scrambling is Peyton Manning choking. Interior pressure + Tamba/Houston doing what they do.

3) Strong safety play - at some point, the press coverage will fail. Safeties need to read the play as it develops and take good routes to save the top from getting blown off.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2013, 11:49 PM

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=KC

Catapano: Limited participation in practice.

Hopefully he'll be ready Sunday night. If not, I believe Toribio will sub in his place.

RunKC
11-13-2013, 11:51 PM

I think DeVito will do a great job too. He's really been the unsung hero of this defense.

The guy is a solid run defender and pushes the pocket often enough to be consistent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2013, 11:53 PM
I think DeVito will do a great job too. He's really been the unsung hero of this defense.

The guy is a solid run defender and pushes the pocket often enough to be consistent.

This. He's been a great asset.

Sorter
11-13-2013, 11:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=KC

Catapano: Limited participation in practice.

Hopefully he'll be ready Sunday night. If not, I believe Toribio will sub in his place.

I hope so. I don't know if they'd play Toribio in the 3, they'd probably use Tyson as he got more reps than Toribio there this year and last. Could be wrong though. Bailey will get the majority (if not all) of the snaps there in all likelihood.

He's not going to play the 3 in our sub packages though, unless some injuries occur IMO.

tmh
11-14-2013, 12:00 AM

Man i was hoping for the score less points and still win.... Shit!

ThaVirus
11-14-2013, 12:31 AM
**** THIS
one play game over
DO NOT RECEIVE THE KICK OFF

Ah, man, I had totally forgotten about this one here. I don't know what the fuck Reid's problem is but we need to start choosing to kick the ball off to start the game. Peyton is a master at ending the first half with a scoring drive then getting the ball back to start the 3rd quarter.

My three keys for the defense:
1) Win the press-coverage battle - disrupting the timing of the routes and picks is going to be crucial to creating enough time for an effective pass-rush.

2) Pressure - Peyton Manning scrambling is Peyton Manning choking. Interior pressure + Tamba/Houston doing what they do.

3) Strong safety play - at some point, the press coverage will fail. Safeties need to read the play as it develops and take good routes to save the top from getting blown off.

This is a good assessment here and I had not taken that into account. Houston, Hali and Poe could all have great games but it won't do much with how quickly Peyton likes to get rid of the ball. We're not going to have 4+ seconds to get to him unless we're jamming those pussy receivers off the line and disrupting their timing. We'll need those extra couple seconds for the pass rush to get home.

DJ needs to be a beast flying across the field in the run game and taking away the RB passing outlets as well.

BossChief
11-14-2013, 12:40 AM
We take the ball whenever we can because we are at our best playing with a lead.

If we have a chance to possibly score the first points against Denver, we better take that chance.

BigRock
11-14-2013, 12:45 AM
- Press the fuck out of the receivers. To say nothing of Indy, Washington held the Donks to 7 points in the first half playing press man. And their defense is a walking abortion.

- Hit the fuck out of Manning. The Chargers held them to 7 points in the second half because Peyton's a broken shell of a man who never shook that strip fumble early in the 3rd quarter. And that was before the hit near the end that left him gimpy.

- Tackle the fuck out of the ball carriers. Limiting YAC may be the biggest key to the game.

- Convert the fuck out of turnovers. They're averaging almost 3 turnovers a game over the last month, and against defenses nowhere near as opportunistic as ours. These need to turn into points.

If those 4 things happen and the offense can hold up their end, Peyton will be crying himself to sleep on his huge pillow.

ThaVirus
11-14-2013, 12:47 AM
We take the ball whenever we can because we are at our best playing with a lead.

If we have a chance to possibly score the first points against Denver, we better take that chance.

I'd kick the ball to start the game every single time regardless of opponent.

keg in kc
11-14-2013, 12:52 AM
I love how a "300-yard day" for Alex Smith includes rushing. I don't think any QB that's ever played in the NFL has been graded on that sliding scale, not McNair, not Young, not Cunningham, not Vick.

BossChief
11-14-2013, 12:52 AM
I'd kick the ball to start the game every single time regardless of opponent.

Against most teams, I'd have to agree.

But I'd rather have a chance at an early lead against Manning than possibly having to play from behind because we gave them the ball first.

Especially with their defense giving up points and yards like they do.

ThaVirus
11-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Against most teams, I'd have to agree.

But I'd rather have a chance at an early lead against Manning than possibly having to play from behind because we gave them the ball first.

Especially with their defense giving up points and yards like they do.

I know what you mean but I think Denver is the last team you want to risk allowing to get those back-to-back possessions to end and start the halves.

I like our defenses chances at forcing a Denver punt on the first possession of the game.

Redcoats58
11-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Have we lost a coin toss this year? I like kicking to start also.

beach tribe
11-14-2013, 02:45 AM
I love how a "300-yard day" for Alex Smith includes rushing. I don't think any QB that's ever played in the NFL has been graded on that sliding scale, not McNair, not Young, not Cunningham, not Vick.

Smith's legs have arguably been more important to our success than his arm.
He has been very opportunistic in converting first downs in critical situations with his legs. Dude's got some pretty good wheels and knows when to use them.

Mile High Mania
11-14-2013, 05:46 AM
Contain Charles and Protect Manning - those are the 2 main keys to victory for Denver, conversely they're the 2 things that KC should try to focus on early.

If Denver does these two things, it's a double digit win and it's over early in the 4th. If they can't do one or the other, it's a nail biter.

dannybcaitlyn
11-14-2013, 06:44 AM
Have we lost a coin toss this year? I like kicking to start also.

Don't recall, but it seems like we haven't.

BlackHelicopters
11-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Sure thing. Maybe we can get the fillings from Manning's teeth too.

dannybcaitlyn
11-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Bring tissue for Decker. The whiny bitch always throws his arms up after a incompletion his way, trying to draw a flag.

UK_Chief
11-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Alex Smith is going to have to run a bunch I think. I think they will drop into coverage knowing that Smith won't throw to covered receivers. With our shakey O-line they probably can get some push and collapse the pocket. Someone is going to have to run the thing, Smith or Charles. If we have them fearing the run early on that might open up the coverage in the backfield.

On D, I agree with the OP, collapse the pocket and get Manning moving and hit him on every damn play.

Dayze
11-14-2013, 08:32 AM
`the few biggest ones I can think of that would change our game plan dramatically;

No turnovers on offense
Do not give up 20-30 yard pass plays with any regularity
Stay on down and distance schedule
limit dumbass penalties that take you off schedule or end drives
don't give up dumbass defensive penalties that extend Denver's drives.

mr. tegu
11-14-2013, 08:39 AM
We will move the ball but we must be better in the red zone. If we turn those FGs from previous weeks into TDs we win.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-14-2013, 08:43 AM
I totally agree about keeping Robinson and Lewis off the field. Manning is gonna torch those guys any time they're in. Hopefully we'll see a lot more Abdullah/Demps in Lewis' place.

Lightrise
11-14-2013, 08:58 AM
This team is just different than any team we've seen in a long time. We can win this game. It's Fisher vs Miller that concerns me, so it'll be the game plan that dictates that. I think they should make 3 roster moves for this game, and I would have made that decision 3 weeks ago and been coaching it up. I think we need an extra 65 lbs in the middle...start Schwartz, Kush and Watkins. Then you can go downhill with the ball.

UK_Chief
11-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Does anyone believe the offense or defense has been playing 'vanilla' the last few weeks in preparation for Denver? Or is that media BS?

Mile High Mania
11-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Regarding the coin toss question...

What is Reid's preference and does it change on the road? I know that Denver likes to defer, take a chance at stopping them initially, then getting the ball back to close out the half with a score - and then take possession to open the 3rd.

I love the idea when it works out. If Reid wins the toss on Sunday night - what do you think he does?

My guess is that he defers and tries to set the tone with his defense and not get the crowd roaring on a 3 and out. Seems like the logical thing to do, esp since it goes against what Denver likes to do.

Mile High Mania
11-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Does anyone believe the offense or defense has been playing 'vanilla' the last few weeks in preparation for Denver? Or is that media BS?

I think it's all bullsh... you don't play vanilla in preparation for a game a few weeks down the road when you have only a 1 game lead in the division with 2 games remaining against that team.

FlaChief58
11-14-2013, 09:16 AM

What is Reid's preference and does it change on the road? I know that Denver likes to defer, take a chance at stopping them initially, then getting the ball back to close out the half with a score - and then take possession to open the 3rd.

I love the idea when it works out. If Reid wins the toss on Sunday night - what do you think he does?

My guess is that he defers and tries to set the tone with his defense and not get the crowd roaring on a 3 and out. Seems like the logical thing to do, esp since it goes against what Denver likes to do.

He hasn't deferred yet this year (IIRC) and I don't see that changing on Sunday

UK_Chief
11-14-2013, 09:50 AM
I think it's all bullsh... you don't play vanilla in preparation for a game a few weeks down the road when you have only a 1 game lead in the division with 2 games remaining against that team.

I agree with you on offense, but defense....? The schemes recently seem much more simple than earlier in the year.

BossChief
11-14-2013, 11:14 AM

What's the difference on how he moves the ball against Denvers defense?

Personally, I'd rather see him pick up a first down on a 8 yards run than try to fit a pass into a window for a 20 yard completion.

A huge key to this game is limiting Mannings possessions.

keg in kc
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
What's the difference on how he moves the ball against Denvers defense?

Personally, I'd rather see him pick up a first down on a 8 yards run than try to fit a pass into a window for a 20 yard completion.

A huge key to this game is limiting Mannings possessions.I get your point, it's just funny to see somebody calling a 260-yard passing day for a QB a "300-yard day" because of running yards.

Although personally, I'd rather see him trying to fit passes into windows for 20-yard completions. But I know that he won't.

Molitoth
11-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Reid loves accepting the ball first and going 3 and out instead of using the strength of his team (defense) to come out with a bang.

This annoys me but whatever... Reid is 10-0 right?

BossChief
11-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Well, at least we got 8 and 10 taken care of.

Dayze
11-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Reid loves accepting the ball first and going 3 and out instead of using the strength of his team (defense) to come out with a bang.

LMAO. you're a prophet.

Three7s
11-19-2013, 09:05 AM

That is the one thing I'm going to be hammering on Reid until he finally realizes that receiving is a stupid decision.

Reerun_KC
11-19-2013, 09:05 AM
Total EPIC fail on #2 and #3...

not even debatable....

BossChief
11-28-2013, 01:49 AM
1) Dontari Poe pushing that pocket. If he is able to make Manning move left to right consistently, that's gonna give Hali and Houston opportunities to strip that ball and hit the 5head.

2) No drops. We are gonna need every yard. Every first down. Alex needs to be able to get in a rhythm and keep the offense moving and putting points on the board. Dropped passes kill drives and we can't afford to have that happen against a team like Denver. We need to play a near perfect game to win.

3) Hitting Manning. Over and over. He needs to get hit almost every drop back. Force them to get the ball out before they want to and let our guys make plays on the ball. Hitting that egghead early and often without sending blitzers is imperative in winning this one. It's gonna
be cold and he isn't gonna want to move too much to get the ball out. If we can consistently hit him and make his injury really bother him, we can take over the game in the third and fourth quarter. We just need to keep it close until then. IMO of course.

4) Keep Dunta Robinson off the field. Nuff said.

5) Replace Jeff Allen with Schwartz. Allen just gets beat way too much to keep that starting spot.

6) Move Hussein Abdullah into the starting free safety spot. Manning will be targeting Lewi over and over if he is out there. Same goes for Dunta Robinson. From what I've seen since day one, Hussein is the second best safety on this team in almost every measurable way. Faster, more physical, better instincts, better ball skills. Just a better player.

7) Take the ball away without giving up the big play. All 3 of our corners, DJ and Berry all have good ball skills and we need to take advantage of the fact that Manning will be looking to get the ball out early by jumping some of the short routes. It's gonna be COLD and there will be opportunities for big plays in the secondary...we need to take advantage of those chances. 1 dropped pick could be the difference in the games momentum.

8) Eric Fisher will need to show why we picked him first overall and he has his work cut out for him. Von Miller is about as good a player as he will face all year and he needs to have a solid game against him. If Miller is able to run wild and we need to keep a tight end in to block, that's gonna hurt Alex Smiths chances of moving the chains through the air. Which leads me to...

9) Alex Smith needs to bleed that defense for every inch Sunday night. He needs to be pinpoint accurate all night and take advantage of the defense compensating to stop Charles. We need 300 yards from Alex and no turnovers to have a chance. 260 passing 2tds and 50 rushing would be perfect. A rushing td would be an added bonus that is probably needed to beat a team like Denver.

10) Shutting down their running game without giving up too much bad info for play action passing because Peyton will be watching. Their running game is better than in years past and we need to atop it at the point of attack and not force ourselves to committ too much safety help to doing so. If we can do that we should be in good shape on third downs.

If we take care of those things, I think we have a good chance at beating Denver in their place and being a possible superbowl favorite come Monday morning.

I'm gonna roll with this, again. Most of these points are gonna be the difference in this matchup, too.

rocknrolla
11-28-2013, 03:28 AM
There is only one key. Score more points than they do!

bevischief
11-28-2013, 05:44 AM
May the 400 pound man find Forehead.

Fritz88
11-28-2013, 06:46 AM
If their DB, DRC, is out then that'll be a big positive.
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN
11-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Cheaps won't win... 3 in a row coming up

chiefzilla1501
11-28-2013, 09:44 AM
#1 - Alex smith has to be nails in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. We have had lots of games the past few years where our defense was terrific against Peyton in the first half, but Peyton slipped away in the 4th. The difference between the pats and chiefs is, when the window opened, Brady attacked it. Smith had a window vs Peyton last game, and punted it away.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Total EPIC fail on #2 and #3...

not even debatable....

Agree. We looked like Beaker football out there in those categories.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Cheaps won't win... 3 in a row coming up

If Hali is out....yes

R8RFAN
11-28-2013, 10:24 AM
If Hali is out....yes

Doesn't matter, you will lose if Manning is playing

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Doesn't matter, you will lose if Manning is playing

A healthy Houston Hali the last 2 games and we are 11-1 after this week with a stranglehold on the division no doubt in my mind. Now KC is staring at 9-3 and a WC.

headsnap
11-28-2013, 10:31 AM

he's already one of the best in the league!!!

R8RFAN
11-28-2013, 10:33 AM
A healthy Houston Hali the last 2 games and we are 11-1 after this week with a stranglehold on the division no doubt in my mind. Now KC is staring at 9-3 and a WC.

I wish you could beat Denver because the Chiefs have the least chance making noise in the Playoffs...

You guys are a solid #2 in the West this year but you are nowhere near Denver status regardless of your record...

You just picked a bad year to be real good.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2013, 10:34 AM
I wish you could beat Denver because the Chiefs have the least chance making noise in the Playoffs...

You guys are a solid #2 in the West this year but you are nowhere near Denver status regardless of your record...

You just picked a bad year to be real good.

I can't pick them to win without the two pass rushing freaks...38 pts allowed in 32 minutes of game time without em....FUCKING PATHETIC>

ROYC75
11-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I have often wondered about a few thing about attacking Manning. We know Manning is quick to read and release the ball, so since he is in the twilight of his years, we know the arm strength and accuracy is slipping.

Why not give him time to throw, time to throw more mistakes ? Why not give him a true 3-4-4 to look at or a 3-4-2-2 with just 2 LB's in each package? Why not rotate our front 3 each chance we get, as often as it takes for them to give everything they have on each play. We stay in a dime package and make them beat us more on the ground. In the 3-4-2-2, we can switch the corners and safeties around each time he goes to audible. Give him a change of scenery just before the snap each time, make him think more as we are busting the WR's at the LOS, allowing the pass rush to get more coverage sacks, he is not going to take off running on us. Our 2 LB's have to stay home on the run and watch the short over the middle routes with our 2 up safeties.

I may of missed this before, but I do not recall it ever being used very much?

What am I missing here?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I think we should run the 3-3-6 against him

ROYC75
11-28-2013, 11:21 AM

IMHO, too easy for the quick outs / ins, WR screens.

King_Chief_Fan
11-28-2013, 11:44 AM
I have often wondered about a few thing about attacking Manning. We know Manning is quick to read and release the ball, so since he is in the twilight of his years, we know the arm strength and accuracy is slipping.

Why not give him time to throw, time to throw more mistakes ? Why not give him a true 3-4-4 to look at or a 3-4-2-2 with just 2 LB's in each package? Why not rotate our front 3 each chance we get, as often as it takes for them to give everything they have on each play. We stay in a dime package and make them beat us more on the ground. In the 3-4-2-2, we can switch the corners and safeties around each time he goes to audible. Give him a change of scenery just before the snap each time, make him think more as we are busting the WR's at the LOS, allowing the pass rush to get more coverage sacks, he is not going to take off running on us. Our 2 LB's have to stay home on the run and watch the short over the middle routes with our 2 up safeties.

What am I missing here?and if the chiefs
twist that ankle of moreno's extra hard

Sorter
11-28-2013, 11:54 AM

Squidward approved.

Sorter
11-28-2013, 11:59 AM

What am I missing here?

I'm honestly confused as to what personnel grouping you're advocating for.

Our dime (2-3-6), provides the best combination of both rushers and coverage players, while providing 2-6 players in the box that are great against the run (Berry, Johnson, Houston, Bailey/Devito/Jackson, Poe, Tamba).

In your scenario, what 2 LBs would stay on the field?

ROYC75
11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm honestly confused as to what personnel grouping you're advocating for.

Our dime (2-3-6), provides the best combination of both rushers and coverage players, while providing 2-6 players in the box that are great against the run (Berry, Johnson, Houston, Bailey/Devito/Jackson, Poe, Tamba).

In your scenario, what 2 LBs would stay on the field?

We are short Houston this week and a less than healthy Hali.

DJ & Jordan stays on, Hali can move to a down lineman this game.

We need to send 3 hard rushing DL each play with a 20 - 30% blitz coming from the back.

Keep Manning guessing, switch up the coverage as he audibles, but we must wack them WR's hard on the LOS, slow them down to hitting their route to allow more coverage sacks.

With Berry,Demps,Commings,Abdullah & Lewis, we have several safeties to help with pass and ground coverage.

With Moreno ailing, make them beat us on the ground.

Sorter
11-28-2013, 12:18 PM
We are short Houston this week and a less than healthy Hali.

DJ & Jordan stays on, Hali can move to a down lineman this game.

We need to send 3 hard rushing DL each play with a 20 - 30% blitz coming from the back.

Keep Manning guessing, switch up the coverage as he audibles, but we must wack them WR's hard on the LOS, slow them down to hitting their route to allow more coverage sacks.

With Moreno ailing, make them beat us on the ground.

Reasoning behind this number or was this just thrown out?

Additionally, in our dime 3 to 4 of our best pass rushers are typically playing upfield. I'm not really sure why you think replacing them with 3 hard rushing DL would produce better results.

ROYC75
11-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Reasoning behind this number or was this just thrown out?

Additionally, in our dime 3 to 4 of our best pass rushers are typically playing upfield. I'm not really sure why you think replacing them with would produce better results.

We are only sending 3 guys with fresher legs for pass rush and run stop ( providing they get in & out ) , we are switching personnel around after the audible as we consistently hit the WR's at the LOS to delay the route.

How many times do you see coverage sacks with 3 rushers at the end of a half or a game ?

But the key is Jordan and Johnson staying home long enough with 2 safeties up the middle to stop the run or crossing routes.

As for the # of blitz's, yeah, it was just a number, we can't blitz all the time, have to mix it up keep Jughead guessing.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2013, 03:36 PM
IMHO, too easy for the quick outs / ins, WR screens.

Bahaha