PDA

View Full Version : Football Super Bowl Rescheduling Contingency Plan...

Lprechaun
12-19-2013, 07:39 AM
The biggest Championship game in this country is becoming a game worthless to try and go to.
No tailgating, if you get dropped off the car must stay until you leave, knowing it COULD snow when they decided to have the game there now they are worried they may have to move it to Tuesday night if need be or the following weekend lol
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/super-bowl-xlviii-nfl-could-reschedule-if-weather-becomes-issue-121813

12-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Super Bowl Tuesday just doesn't have that ring to it. LMAO

Bugeater
12-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Moving it would be an epic disaster.

Carlota69
12-19-2013, 07:49 AM
And epically hilarious

Lprechaun
12-19-2013, 07:51 AM
I want it to go off as planned mainly because I would like a cold weather Super Bowl every few years.

12-19-2013, 07:51 AM
I hope it dumps 3 feet of snow that weekend.

InChiefsHeaven
12-19-2013, 07:53 AM

This. It's stupid to have it in the elements anyway. That's what the playoffs are for. I don't want the Superbowl cancelled or delayed or whatever just because the idiots scheduled it in a stupid venue. I hope it's a goddam disaster this year so they will learn their lesson.

Bwana
12-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Moving it would be an epic disaster.

Yes it would and likely the last time they would play the outdoor card. The ratings would be down and there would be lots of pissed off people that bought tickets for the game. A complete PR disaster.

notorious
12-19-2013, 08:25 AM
We are hoping for a blockbuster storm, but the NFL will probably get lucky and get unseasonal 65 degree weather.

Molitoth
12-19-2013, 08:25 AM
If any of you were ever hoping to see the SB in KC, you better hope it goes well instead of wishing upon its doom.

mlyonsd
12-19-2013, 08:32 AM
All SB's should be played on Saturday.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2013, 08:34 AM

Well it is the NFL, they are about as progressive as a donkey turd.

notorious
12-19-2013, 08:45 AM

Hire this man!

ciaomichael
12-19-2013, 08:58 AM
If any of you were ever hoping to see the SB in KC, you better hope it goes well instead of wishing upon its doom.

I thought the NFL was contemplating a Super Bowl in KC for the 2016 season, but imposed a requirement that Arrowhead had to be domed.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-19-2013, 09:05 AM

+1

threebag
12-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Football is played in any weather. Can also be watched in any weather. I wouldn't change a fucking thing. These are the stories that make the game 'the game'.

hometeam
12-19-2013, 09:22 AM
It is not getting moved. Too many hotels booked, too many plans made, too many dollars spent on tickets and parties and fundraisers and media and blah blah blah

Lightrise
12-19-2013, 09:28 AM
This. It's stupid to have it in the elements anyway. That's what the playoffs are for. I don't want the Superbowl cancelled or delayed or whatever just because the idiots scheduled it in a stupid venue. I hope it's a goddam disaster this year so they will learn their lesson.

This is a great point about the playoffs being the place to cope with snow. the Superbowl is the reward and that's where you eliminate the weather and make it fair and festive for everyone.

chiefzilla1501
12-19-2013, 09:36 AM

**** that.

The Super Bowl is a game played between two teams. It isn't a game meant to accommodate the fans. Weather is a part of the game and in an effort to make the Super Bowl more marketable, the NFL has taken it completely out of the equation.

It's shitty to me because some teams are built for the cold and make it to the Super Bowl because they are built for the cold. I would love to see a Super Bowl in NY succeed. I hate the idea that a dome team or warm weather team gets an advantage in the biggest game of the year.

Dayze
12-19-2013, 09:37 AM
I'd love it if that happened. Just a nice cherry on top for the shit pile the NFL has become.

ptlyon
12-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I can't wait till the SB is played in London

Eleazar
12-19-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't see why they don't want the Super Bowl played in anything but perfect weather. Let it go on. The viewing public would love to see a snow game, or cold or whatever. It would be great television.

whoman69
12-19-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm sure short of a blizzard or ice bowl, the game will go forward. It was very shortsighted to even have to make this contingency. Its February. Its outside in New York. What can go wrong?

a pp roach
12-19-2013, 10:04 AM

no!! fuck tourists

htismaqe
12-19-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't see why they don't want the Super Bowl played in anything but perfect weather. Let it go on. The viewing public would love to see a snow game, or cold or whatever. It would be great television.

You're dramatically overestimating the average football viewer.

There are a lot of purists still out there that would love to see a muddy, snowy 12-9 slugfest.

However, they're vastly outnumbered by the folks that would rather see both teams go up and down the field in a dome and score 200 points.

ILChief
12-19-2013, 10:11 AM

Skip Bayless?

The Franchise
12-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Move it to Tuesday and you might as well make the Wednesday after it a holiday.

The Franchise
12-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Oh and why doesn't the NFL just build it's own venue? They could turn that bitch into Disneyland for the NFL fan.

Buehler445
12-19-2013, 10:14 AM
YAYZ NEWZ YORK GOTZ THE SUPER BOWLZ

Wait....

It might snow?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/0/oh_oh_oh_Ohnoes_by_ohnoesplz.png

chiefzilla1501
12-19-2013, 10:15 AM
You're dramatically overestimating the average football viewer.

There are a lot of purists still out there that would love to see a muddy, snowy 12-9 slugfest.

However, they're vastly outnumbered by the folks that would rather see both teams go up and down the field in a dome and score 200 points.

Muddy, no. I can guarantee that a snow bowl would create all kinds of excitement.

The Franchise
12-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Muddy, no. I can guarantee that a snow bowl would create all kinds of excitement.

For like maybe a quarter of it. Do you think people would be happy if they spent between $5000-$10000 to go to the Superbowl and then had to deal with a repeat of the Eagles/Lions game?

htismaqe
12-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Oh and why doesn't the NFL just build it's own venue? They could turn that bitch into Disneyland for the NFL fan.

This is literally the best idea ever.

htismaqe
12-19-2013, 10:23 AM
For like maybe a quarter of it. Do you think people would be happy if they spent between $5000-$10000 to go to the Superbowl and then had to deal with a repeat of the Eagles/Lions game?

This.

The Franchise
12-19-2013, 10:25 AM

Seriously. Build one massive stadium that could hold upwards of 80k to 100k fans. You hold the Superbowl there and then you build basically a Downtown Disney (but for the NFL) around it with hotels all over the place.

They would make a shit ton of money off of that.

chiefzilla1501
12-19-2013, 10:29 AM

I am talking about the mass audience. I think a snow super bowl could be one of the most entertaining super bowls in history... on TV.

And people have to remember that around that same time, there will be people standing outside in 20 degree weather to watch a gigantic lighted glorified christmas ornament drop, so I don't think people will care as much about the weather as much people think. As long as they're in New York. Of course a lot of your typical Super Bowl goers are rich people who are going to complain, but I could give a fuck about those people.

Eleazar
12-19-2013, 10:30 AM

I think that's a good idea. A lot of countries have a national stadium that serves a similar purpose.

They could build it in Orlando or someplace, put the NFL Hall of Fame there, hold the Super Bowl there every year.

htismaqe
12-19-2013, 10:58 AM
I am talking about the mass audience. I think a snow super bowl could be one of the most entertaining super bowls in history... on TV.

The "mass audience" doesn't want to see a sloppy game.

Eleazar
12-19-2013, 11:01 AM
The "mass audience" doesn't want to see a sloppy game.

I think the casual fans would like it because it's interesting. Purists would probably like it too.

The only people who wouldn't like it would be the celebrities and fat cats who buy up all the tickets.

KCUnited
12-19-2013, 11:02 AM

This could also be used as a facility for the London team so they could play consecutive weeks in the US without having to fly back.

rocknrolla
12-19-2013, 11:48 AM

I completely agree. It could be used for so many other things throughout the year. It would be another cash cow for the NFL. If they called it Goodall Stadium , I would NEVER step foot in it.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Seriously. Build one massive stadium that could hold upwards of 80k to 100k fans. You hold the Superbowl there and then you build basically a Downtown Disney (but for the NFL) around it with hotels all over the place.

they could even host the NC championship game there among other games...

They could have special weekends where they bring in teams for games...

It could be a big freaking deal.

Rausch
12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
If we actually make the SB I don't want to be at the game - I wan to be in KC!:cuss:

ChiefsCountry
12-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Bargining chip for new stadiums in cities would go away then. Especially the southern cities like Miami.

ptlyon
12-19-2013, 12:48 PM

In London?

Halfcan
12-19-2013, 01:49 PM

The Chiefs proved they can kick ass in snow-so this be be great! :thumb:

Demonpenz
12-19-2013, 02:15 PM
lol you can tell no one here is actually going. I want it to be indoors.

Molitoth
12-19-2013, 02:44 PM
The Lions/Eagles game this year was the best game I've watched in years.
I hope there is a blizzard during the super bowl.

Domes are for pussies.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2013, 02:47 PM
I hope it makes the Russian Winter of 1941 look like a goddamned sauna.

saphojunkie
12-19-2013, 02:55 PM

They could have both AFC and NFC championship games there as well, except owners would balk at losing that revenue in their stadiums. Plus, the NFL would lose money, because the same 80k fans wouldn't spend as much money on food/merchandise/beer as two different stadiums filled with 80k fans.

So... stupid idea. Never mind.