PDA

View Full Version : Royals ****Official Royals Vs Orieoes Gamethread 5/15****

Pages : 1 [2]

chiefsfan987
05-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Horrendous performance by the offense tonight.

pretty bad. heck, we probably could have had all of our pitchers hit 1-9 and it wouldn't have looked much, if any worse.

blake1771
05-15-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm to the point where I'd like to see a new GM, new manager and entire new regime come in and finish Dayton's work with these same players I don't think it's entirely the players fault.

you didn't go high enough up the chain of command.

Ownership has to change or nothing will really change at all.

If the Cerner guys owned the Royals they would put a winner on the field. no doubt about it.

tk13
05-15-2014, 09:41 PM
you didn't go high enough up the chain of command.

Ownership has to change or nothing will really change at all.

If the Cerner guys owned the Royals they would put a winner on the field. no doubt about it.

Dayton has been given way more to work with than a lot of small market owners.

ROYC75
05-15-2014, 09:48 PM
It's truly amazing the lack of power on this team. Not saying all these guys should be hitting 30+ HRs, but damn, they should all have more pop than this. They are better than this. Something is fundamentally wrong inside the organization for so many guys to be underperforming at the plate.

Without good clutch hitters to produce big innings, sometimes you need to jump start your team by being aggressive on the base paths, something else this team is missing .

ROYC75
05-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I would say something but I don't want to get in anyone's dome.

Naw, this is the Major Leagues dude, Big Boys Club, jump on in.

DeezNutz
05-15-2014, 09:54 PM
What's funny is Seitzer's Blue Jays are now 2nd in baseball in HR. And the only team ahead of them is the Rockies who play in a launching pad.

If by "funny" you mean "makes me want to break shit," then yes. Hilarious.

lewdog
05-15-2014, 10:00 PM
What's funny is Seitzer's Blue Jays are now 2nd in baseball in HR. And the only team ahead of them is the Rockies who play in a launching pad.

I'll never understand the Royals for pushing Seitzer out the door with the young team he was working with. Seems growing with one hitting coach is easier than having another come along and give you shit to change, especially with young hitters who aren't consistent enough to begin with.

Sure-Oz
05-15-2014, 10:04 PM
I'll never understand the Royals for pushing Seitzer out the door with the young team he was working with. Seems growing with one hitting coach is easier than having another come along and give you shit to change, especially with young hitters who aren't consistent enough to begin with.

there are rumors that Hosmer led the charge to get rid of him

Sure-Oz
05-15-2014, 10:05 PM
It's truly amazing the lack of power on this team. Not saying all these guys should be hitting 30+ HRs, but damn, they should all have more pop than this. They are better than this. Something is fundamentally wrong inside the organization for so many guys to be underperforming at the plate.

This team could set records for how weak they are. i mean, what do we expect 25 doubles from 1 player as a max and maybe 15HR's?

This is an awful stretch of slumping

lewdog
05-15-2014, 10:05 PM
there are rumors that Hosmer led the charge to get rid of him

From the sounds of it, he might have asked them to watch video or called them out and they got upset. What an asshole!

Sure-Oz
05-15-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm to the point where I'd like to see a new GM, new manager and entire new regime come in and finish Dayton's work with these same players I don't think it's entirely the players fault.

I think we'd have to eat it this season for it to happen...which i feel still can happen. The pitching is being wasted, they have an AVG offense they are 1st place

lewdog
05-15-2014, 10:06 PM
This team could set records for how weak they are. i mean, what do we expect 25 doubles from 1 player as a max and maybe 15HR's?

This is an awful stretch of slumping

It's starting to look like this isn't really a slump but just bad hitters who really aren't very good.

Sure-Oz
05-15-2014, 10:07 PM
From the sounds of it, he might have asked them to watch video or called them out and they got upset. What an asshole!

Hosmer and Moustakas come off like total douchbags that don't think their shit stinks...i fucking hate it. They've accomplished NOTHING in this game

Also, what happend to Gordons gap power and taking pitches as well as Butler? Really odd decline

Prison Bitch
05-15-2014, 10:10 PM

They have better hitters though. Grifol can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh-t

ROYC75
05-15-2014, 10:16 PM

That was a knee jerk reaction by Ned.

stonedstooge
05-16-2014, 06:26 AM
That was a knee jerk reaction by Ned.

They should have gotten rid of Yost and gave Seitzer a shot at managing the team in 2012.

Three7s
05-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Hosmer and Moustakas come off like total douchbags that don't think their shit stinks...i ****ing hate it. They've accomplished NOTHING in this game

Also, what happend to Gordons gap power and taking pitches as well as Butler? Really odd decline
Gordon doesn't stay inside the ball. He just wants to pull everything, and he's terrible at pulling his hands in on inside pitches. Only time he's hitting gapper is if it's right down the middle. Butler has lost his power to opposite field. I think Grafol spent so much time working with him on pulling the ball, it destroyed the only thing he could do really well, which was hit the right-center field gap.

ChiTown
05-16-2014, 06:39 AM
They should have gotten rid of Yost and gave Seitzer a shot at managing the team in 2012.

:spock: - not sure if serious.

I don't know of anyone in Baseball that thinks Seitzer is ready or capable of managing a Baseball Team. I know we all despise Ned, but he's an experienced guy who is capable of managing a MLB Team. Seitz has no such experience at any level, other than being a hitting instructor/coach. I think Ned caved to the young guys on the team that didn't like what Seitz was telling them to do (primarily Hos and Moose). Moose still sucks and Hos still can't hit for power.