PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Fisher has gained 30 pounds in last 3 months

Pages : 1 [2]

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Technique is a bit overrated. Albert did not have good technique and he was pretty good.

Albert had some aggression and "it" factor though. I've yet to see Fisher exert the same.

Time will tell.

RunKC
06-11-2014, 12:29 PM
25 lbs in 8 months is a little different than 30 lbs in 3 months. Especially when you're recovering from surgery.

The report is obviously not true. Last time we heard Fisher put on 5 good lbs of weight. I bet he's put on about 5 more and wants to get close to 15 overall by the time camp starts in 6 weeks.

Obviously there will be some extra weight put on too, which isn't bad if it's like 5 or 10 lbs.

Hope to see him around 325 lbs with 12-15 lbs of good muscle added. Would nbe great since he was 306 last season. A guy that's 6'7" should be around 330 if he's playing OL.

htismaqe
06-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Technique is a bit overrated. Albert did not have good technique and he was pretty good.

While I agree with you somewhat, technique is what separates the good guys from the GREAT guys.

That's why Eric Fisher was the pick over Luke Joeckel - his elite upside. While it would be great to get Branden Albert-like production out of him, it's really not all that unrealistic to expect more.

A lot more actually. Eric Fisher has the tools to be GREAT, not just good.

RunKC
06-11-2014, 12:39 PM
This is also great to hear as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/you-won-t-believe-what-allen-bailey-did-to-give-the-chiefs-d-a-little-more-weight-061014

Allen Bailey, Cat and Fisher bulking up is what we needed last year. Add in DeVito using a nutritionalist to help him lose his gut and gain more speed to rush the passer.

They have to prove it obviously, but I like it that they are getting their bodies in check. This worked wonders for Poe last year. Hope it does the same for these four.

htismaqe
06-11-2014, 12:44 PM
Bailey was already a fucking freak... ROFL

RunKC
06-11-2014, 12:48 PM
I think Bailey put that on bc he wants to be a better run stuffer. Make no mistake about it, he is a nice backup rotational guy. 26 QB pressures and 3 batted passes is not bad. That was 2nd best on the DL last year.

Dayze
06-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Bailey had better stats than T-Jax I 'think' .LMAO

RunKC
06-11-2014, 01:31 PM
He also didn't get his ass exposed on tv. Good thing it was a Jags game that nobody cared about LMAO

Dayze
06-11-2014, 01:32 PM
I have't lifted weights in a while. I've been recovering from a sprained thumb in 1995.

Rausch
06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
It might not be all muscle, but who cares. It's a position where quite frankly, just plain having more mass and being bigger than the other guy is helpful.

He definitely needed some lead in his ass...

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Who's better at recovering from a knee injury?

:)

loochy
06-11-2014, 02:08 PM

Adrian Peterson.

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Adrian Peterson.

Only slightly better than JC.

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2014, 02:22 PM

Heh, I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread LOL

It was meant for the Knowmo thread.

milkman
06-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I'd also like to note that it's commonplace for offensive linemen to put on large amounts of weight in the offseason (fat) because it's hard for them to maintain a high playing weight over the season unless they do do.

Wouldn't that contribute to loing weight?

Theres just so much riding on the guy this year, but in truth I cant give it better than 50/50 right now... his career has been about one third decent to solid play... and the other two thirds have been a mishmash of injuries and inconsistent play.

The odds are not great for this guy, I'm afraid. The fat lady isn't singing, but she has now left her dressing room...

Its put up or shut up time.

Uh....Still a little early for this still.

No actually, it isn't.

If Albert had learned and used proper technique, he'd easily be a top 3 LT in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2014, 02:55 PM
The NFL is filled with executives far happier to keep gettin' dem checks than to actually take a shot at winning. That's why you have guys like Eric Fisher going #1 overall.