PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink -- Please discuss your kitchen hardware/tools/cooking utensils etc...

Pages : 1 [2]

Simply Red
07-02-2014, 06:38 AM
I prefer whole, but yeah... good stuff right there.

wait I though nutritionists say that Flax will pass right through you without any perks - unless it's ground?

Simply Red
07-02-2014, 06:39 AM
hold on are they talking about FS oil????

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2014, 06:45 AM
wait I though nutritionists say that Flax will pass right through you without any perks - unless it's ground?

I don't have any idea about what the nutritionists say, I just grind my own (no, I don't eat them whole). Whole foods keep longer and taste fresher. So the volatile oils in the flaxseed, which give it its flavor, stay around longer in whole seeds. The pre-ground stuff begins to lose it's flavor as soon as it's ground. Same with whole vs. pre-ground spices.

So if you use the ground stuff, try switching to whole and grind them yourself in a good blender or in a little coffee/spice grinder.

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2014, 06:45 AM
hold on are they talking about FS oil????

The only thing I've ever used flaxseed oil for is seasoning a cast iron pan. :shrug:

Simply Red
07-02-2014, 06:52 AM
I don't have any idea about what the nutritionists say, I just grind my own (no, I don't eat them whole). Whole foods keep longer and taste fresher. So the volatile oils in the flaxseed, which give it its flavor, stay around longer in whole seeds. The pre-ground stuff begins to lose it's flavor as soon as it's ground. Same with whole vs. pre-ground spices.

So if you use the ground stuff, try switching to whole and grind them yourself in a good blender or in a little coffee/spice grinder.

that's right you already told me that - sorry I'd forgotten.

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2014, 06:59 AM
that's right you already told me that - sorry I'd forgotten.

Nah, I think the only thing I'd said before is that I grind my own. But no worries either way; I don't expect anyone here to keep up with my habits. I can barely do that myself.

ptlyon
07-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Nah, I think the only thing I'd said before is that I grind my own. But no worries either way; I don't expect anyone here to keep up with my habits. I can barely do that myself.

Its what you do with sheep that what worries us

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Its what you do with sheep that what worries us

I can't pull the wool over your eyes. I'm a baaaad boy. I generally only indulge when I'm three sheeps to the wind. Now that my secret is out I'm going to have to go on the lamb. Thank ewe.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2014, 01:14 PM
I poo poop I never knew existed.

http://i.imgur.com/prpEPSB.jpg

I eat those. I grind them in smoothies made in my Nutribullet. They are very good for you.

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I can't pull the wool over your eyes. I'm a baaaad boy. I generally only indulge when I'm three sheeps to the wind. Now that my secret is out I'm going to have to go on the lamb. Thank ewe.

Seriously? Nothing?

You guys don't appreciate puns. :shake: