PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders name Derek Carr starting QB

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah i would hate to have the broncos post season history over the last 20 years or more.

In58men
09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah i would hate to have the broncos post season history over the last 20 years or more.

They had a great franchise QB in Elway. We could have nice things like that if we groomed our own QB. Instead we're content if we go the Brad Johnson way.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 10:52 PM
They had a great franchise QB in Elway. We could have nice things like that if we groomed our own QB. Instead we're content if we go the Brad Johnson way.

Um, I do believe he won a SB with Tampa.

Dumbass.

In58men
09-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Um, I do believe he won a SB with Tampa.

Dumbass.

Oh my. Please do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Oh my. Please do us all a favor and just shut the fuck up.

It's not my fault that you are a fucking moron.

In58men
09-01-2014, 10:54 PM
It's not my fault that you are a fucking moron.

Please go back and read my previous posts. Then you'll feel fucking stupid.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Trent Dilfer

Alex Smith could be our Trent Dilfer.

BELIEVE EVERYONE

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Please go back and read my previous posts. Then you'll feel fucking stupid.

You couldn't possibly make anyone feel stupid.

You are the Apex of retard.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Trent Dilfer

BELIEVE EVERYONE

Retarded post is retarded.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Retarded post is retarded.

you brought up brad johnson

could alex smith also be our brad johnson and/or trent dilfer

so many options to win super bowl you have the brad johnson or the trent dilfer strategy

oh that would be wonderful

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 11:03 PM
are there any other options? like maybe we could find a guy working the night shift at the grocery store? seems like that could be a thing.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 11:04 PM
can we get alex to work at a grocery store?

Ragged Robin
09-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Trent Dilfer

BELIEVE EVERYONE

Dilfer had 12TD 11INT in his superbowl year.. I'm pretty sure Alex is a little better than that..

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Dilfer had 12TD 11INT in his superbowl year.. I'm pretty sure Alex is a little better than that..

RIGHT!

So we are definitely winning a Super Bowl.

If your QB is better than Trent Dilfer, you have a GREAT chance to win the Super Bowl.

Right?

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 11:09 PM
you brought up brad johnson

could alex smith also be our brad johnson and/or trent dilfer

so many options to win super bowl you have the brad johnson or the trent dilfer strategy

oh that would be wonderful
I did not bring up Brad Johnson. You're braindead sidekick did.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 11:10 PM
I did not bring up Brad Johnson. You're braindead sidekick did.

right but you confirmed that brad johnson type QBs are great at the super bowl thing

do you think alex has reached the brad johnson elite status?

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 11:12 PM
right but you confirmed that brad johnson type QBs are great at the super bowl thing

do you think alex has reached the brad johnson elite status?

LMAO Uh, no.

Ragged Robin
09-01-2014, 11:14 PM
RIGHT!

If your QB is better than Trent Dilfer, you have a GREAT chance to win the Super Bowl.

Right?

wut. You're the one making the retarded comparison and implications.

xztop123
09-01-2014, 11:14 PM
They looked extremely scary vs seattle

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 11:15 PM
LMAO Uh, no.

dang.

well has he reached the dilfer status?

or the grocery store thing?

xztop123
09-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Also for the record he has a very compact midface which = good looking

98 SR20
09-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Crap. Looks like the Raiders might be getting better.

Ming the Merciless
09-01-2014, 11:21 PM
Any Qb whose name rhymes with:

Tank
Suck
Lose
Surrender
Quit
Fail
Be Shit
Dog Shit
Don't try
Relax
Choke
Play Badly

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Raiders guarantee finish with worst record in the West

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 11:39 PM
They looked extremely scary vs seattle

In a preseason game? LOL

DTLB58
09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
:shake:

I hope it sucks shit

No kidding! The other 3 in the West can be 0-16 every freaking year as far as I'm concerned. I want the Chiefs to win the west!

Lex Luthor
09-02-2014, 05:34 AM
are there any other options? like maybe we could find a guy working the night shift at the grocery store? seems like that could be a thing.

Worked for Vermeil and the Rams. Bring him in for a look.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2014, 06:46 AM
we got up by 28 and the coaching staff panicked

Nice to see you bringing some reality to the discussion...

Its hard to talk football anymore on CP... Well Done Sir!!!!

Mav
09-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Nice to see you bringing some reality to the discussion...

Its hard to talk football anymore on CP... Well Done Sir!!!!
Why is that? It sucks

kcxiv
09-02-2014, 07:15 AM
They did pa if. They just sat back in coverage and let Luck just pick them apart. They didn't rush more then 4 players once in that 2nd half. It was quite pathetic. What's worse is that our DC the previous day talked about not being scared to blitz. Worst coaching job I seen.

Its like no matter what the chiefs are going to shit the bed when it counts. Most teams find ways to win Chiefs find ways to lose.

MahiMike
09-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Watch out for the Raiders. I watched Carr and his no name WRs beat the crap out of Seattle's 1's. Between them and MJD, I could see them winning as many games as us.

beach tribe
09-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Those gifs are everyday QB throws that Matt Cassel, Trent Green, Alex Smith, and Pete Stoyanovich could all make if they had more than 4 seconds in the pocket.
They are sucking this guy's dick over a 14 yard back shoulder throw, and an uncovered fly route....
Yeah, I wish we had that.....lol.

beach tribe
09-02-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm pretty sure N Mem is Mecca.

Almost positive.

Easy 6
09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
LMAOLMAO

No shit... GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Must be nice.

CapsLockKey
09-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Yeah, let's give props to the Raiders QB drafting prowess.
Tyler Wilson, Terrelle Pryor, JaMarcus Russell, Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosopo, Billy Joe Hobert, Todd Marinovich.......

The last time the Raiders got any kind of success from a non retread QB disco was in style.

Mav
09-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Must be nice.
You shut your mouth!

Ming the Merciless
09-02-2014, 09:52 AM

The last time the Raiders got any kind of success from a non retread QB disco was in style.

Can you list the chiefs "non retread" drafted QB's?

I hope your hand doesnt get tired writing such a long list.

Can you even tell us when the last time we TRIED? I would rather swing and miss than walk back to the dugout with the bat never having left my shoulder like a pussy.

J Diddy
09-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Jets are doing what it takes to find their QBOTF. Sometimes if you want to be a winner you can't give up. Sanchez at the time was 2nd best QB in the draft, they took their QB not knowing what the future held. It didn't work out, so they didn't give up and got Geno Smith. In case you forgot Geno is only in his 2nd year. Chiefs are always trying to find the easy way out. It's like they don't want their own franchise quarterback. It's like they want to buy a Super Bowl and they're satisfied. I don't want a QB that'll just win us a Super Bowl and we turn out to be shit for the next 10-15 years. I don't want to be like the Broncos.

You know I wasn't on here much during the summer and perhaps that has faded my memory, but I certainly don't you remember being such an outspoken douche before then.

Seriously, what happened man?

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2014, 10:15 AM
can we get alex to work at a grocery store?

He can buy one now. Right next to the "Casshole Suckage Outlet".

Halfcan
09-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Raiders guarantee finish with worst record in the West

I think it is a good move for the Faders- unfortunately for the Chiefs. Carr is a huge upgrade over Scrubb and will take his lumps-but also make some plays.

I would take Carr over Alex straight up. The faders are building from the ground up while the chiefs just keep doing the same stoopid shit that has lead to zero playoff wins in two decades.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Better than Shaub, but another year of a Faid dumpster fire. Enjoy the shit sandwich Reighters!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
I think it is a good move for the Faders- unfortunately for the Chiefs. Carr is a huge upgrade over Scrubb and will take his lumps-but also make some plays.

I would take Carr over Alex straight up. The faders are building from the ground up while the chiefs just keep doing the same stoopid shit that has lead to zero playoff wins in two decades.

I lol at fans on certain sites who think we'll be "splitting" with Denver and SD. This squad will be fortunate to split with the Faid.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Meanwhile, guys like Romo will catch hell for putting up 500 yards and 48 points and losing.

Only on CP.
you mean like when Alex Smith put up 44 points in a playoff game and caught hell?

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2014, 10:46 AM

:facepalm:

Raiders have been one of the worst run franchises in the last ten years.

Theyre the oldest team in the league.

They lost their two best players over the offseason.

Theyve overpaid so many over the hill guys just to have a tiniest shred of optimism this year

They have had very few draft picks pan out because 1) they trade all their draft picks and 2) they suck at drafting.

But yeah theyre on the up and up.

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2014, 10:48 AM
RIGHT!

Right?

A lot of people keeping bringing Dilfer up as the expectation, the reality is the reason they won the Super Bowls was the lack of QBs that were drafted in the first round in the mid 90s. From 1994 to 1997, only 5 QBs were drafted in the first round. The prime of their careers would be the 1998 to 2002 seasons. Ironically though 3 of those 5 did make the Super Bowl during the period that would be the prime of their careers.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2014, 10:49 AM
you mean like with Alex Smith put up 44 points in a playoff game and caught hell?

That will leave a mark ROFL

CapsLockKey
09-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Can you list the chiefs "non retread" drafted QB's?

I hope your hand doesnt get tired writing such a long list.

Can you even tell us when the last time we TRIED? I would rather swing and miss than walk back to the dugout with the bat never having left my shoulder like a pussy.
The point is if you are arguing that drafting your own QB pays off more than signing a retread, the Raiders are the last organization you should be using as an example. Their only moments of success since the 70's was with retread QBs.

Halfcan
09-02-2014, 10:56 AM

Theyve overpaid so many over the hill guys just to have a tiniest shred of optimism this year

They have had very few draft picks pan out because 1) they trade all their draft picks and 2) they suck at drafting.

It all starts with a QB-and the Faders have a young one that is starting opening day-that they stole in the 2nd round.

Chiefs have a retread that has proven he is average at best.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2014, 10:57 AM
And things DO change.

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2014, 11:01 AM
It all starts with a QB-and the Faders have a young one that is starting opening day-that they stole in the 2nd round.

Chiefs have a retread that has proven he is average at best.

How often do 2nd round quaterbacks actually turn out to be good? Ill give you a hint, almost never. Theres a reason theyre taken in the 2nd and not in the 1st.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=82pqF

Many people predict Smith's demise because of his supporting cast but if thats the case then Carr should be out of the league or a backup in Buffalo in 3 years

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Watch out for the Raiders. I watched Carr and his no name WRs beat the crap out of Seattle's 1's. Between them and MJD, I could see them winning as many games as us.

Why do people put any stock in preseason? Think about it? You mean to say the brick wall Peyton Manning got splattered on in last year's super bowl now couldn't stop Derek Carr? I think Carr is legit but no, he didn't "beat" Seattle's starting defense.

Preseason performances are mostly meaningless.

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Tyler Wilson, Terrelle Pryor, JaMarcus Russell, Andrew Walter, Marques Tuiasosopo, Billy Joe Hobert, Todd Marinovich.......

Because Al Davis.

A 10 year old could have told you not to draft Terrell Pryor just because he was fast. Al fell so in love with speed he forgot to draft actual football players instead of track stars.

Halfcan
09-02-2014, 11:22 AM
How often do 2nd round quaterbacks actually turn out to be good? Ill give you a hint, almost never. Theres a reason theyre taken in the 2nd and not in the 1st.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=82pqF

Many people predict Smith's demise because of his supporting cast but if thats the case then Carr should be out of the league or a backup in Buffalo in 3 years

That list is not that bad- HOFers in Brees and Favre-SB winners btw.

Kaep, Geno and Dalton-current starters for their teams.

And we drafted fucking Matt Blunder- :banghead: The Chiefs just cannot judge QB talent.

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 11:25 AM

Since Al Davis died, they have cleared their massive dead money and have started drafting better. You don't turn around the worst NFL organization over night. They are on the right path, but with a long way still to go.

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Since Al Davis died, they have cleared their massive dead money and have started drafting better. You don't turn around the worst NFL organization over night. They are on the right path, but with a long way still to go.

If the Raiders move back to Los Angeles and with new ownership could be a scary franchise.

L.A. Chieffan
09-02-2014, 11:31 AM

Who have they drafted exactly?

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM

this last draft was pretty good but overall I agree, they have not drafted well under McKenzie. The one player they took, who I liked, during the 2013 draft was Sio Moore. But taking Mack was a no brainer, he was just sitting there. That being said, if Al Davis was the GM they may have passed on Mack and taken the fastest WR at the combine, or the heisman trophy winner instead. LMAO

R8RFAN
09-02-2014, 12:08 PM
I say start him while MJD and DMC are healthy... They can take alot of pressure off a rookie QB if healthy.

Reerun_KC
09-02-2014, 12:28 PM
The Chiefs just cannot judge QB talent.

CP is 1000x's worse than the chiefs. This place couldnt tell the difference between its ass and a hole in the grounds when it comes to quarterbacks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2014, 12:32 PM
CP is 1000x's worse than the chiefs. This place couldnt tell the difference between its ass and a hole in the grounds when it comes to quarterbacks.

CP selected Sanchez: playoff winner,

and Geno: ascending.

CP also selected Clausen, and I have no idea what the hell that was all about.

CP is willing to pull triggers.

Chiefs are willing to pull puds.

CPFTW.

jd1020
09-02-2014, 12:35 PM

CP is 1000x worse than the Chiefs for picking a guy like Sanchez who has infinitely more playoff wins than the Chiefs in the last 21 years.

Seems legit.

lawrenceRaider
09-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I say start him while MJD and DMC are healthy... They can take alot of pressure off a rookie QB if healthy.

MJD actually looks pretty good again, but it's the same ol' DMC. Tip toe up to the line, then fall over when a defender gets close.

I think Murray is a better option than DMC at this point.

R8RFAN
09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
MJD actually looks pretty good again, but it's the same ol' DMC. Tip toe up to the line, then fall over when a defender gets close.

I think Murray is a better option than DMC at this point.

It's an exciting time to be a Raider, I read some of these comments and just laugh, some people don't even realize Al is dead and no longer running the team LMAO

Only thing I am a little worried about is the Oline.. Are they ready?

lawrenceRaider
09-02-2014, 12:45 PM
It's an exciting time to be a Raider, I read some of these comments and just laugh, some people don't even realize Al is dead and no longer running the team LMAO

Only thing I am a little worried about is the Oline.. Are they ready?

OL's quite a bit better than last year. I think they end up middle of the pack. I don't expect Carr to light it up all year, but he'll play better than some think. I do expect him to get better throughout the year.

Laniers Revenge
09-02-2014, 01:03 PM
@L.A. Chieffan
I'm not so sure thats a good way to Judge a Qb's future. The 2nd round is generally not a QB round and there are several HOF Qb's drafted after the 2nd round. There's been a lot of floops drafted in the 1st round too. Marino was almost a 2nd rounder, because several teams passed on him.

Ming the Merciless
09-02-2014, 01:13 PM
The point is if you are arguing that drafting your own QB pays off more than signing a retread, the Raiders are the last organization you should be using as an example. Their only moments of success since the 70's was with retread QBs.

if carr turns out to be another russel wilson or kapernick i will stab myself in the face repeatedly

I pray you are correct sir

but I still wish we would at least swing the god damn bat

tooge
09-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Oakland and Jaguars know what it takes to be competitive.

Yep, exactly, and THAT, is why they are.....Oh wait. forget it.

R8RFAN
09-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Yep, exactly, and THAT, is why they are.....Oh wait. forget it.

Two Words...

Enjoy Smiff :thumb:

Just Passin' By
09-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Sanchez was such a winner that the Jets got rid of him and replaced him with.....

Geno

And Geno has pretty much nowhere to go but up, because he was awful last season.

Exoter175
09-02-2014, 01:25 PM

CP only cares about the hype of a 1st round QB and "What it could mean", rarely does CP actually get into a meaningful debate about which of the QB's drafted in the first two rands will most likely be the bust, which will be the serviceable backup, which will be the journeyman starter, etc.

CP only cares about Andrew Luck Type 1st round selections at QB.

CP also selected Clausen, and I have no idea what the hell that was all about.

CP is willing to pull triggers.

Chiefs are willing to pull puds.

CPFTW.

CP is willing to spend its first round pick, every year, on QB's, regardless of how well they measure out, or how well they actually fit OUR offense. CP assumes that we draft the best QB possible, then mold the offense around him, and that's just not how it works most of the time.

In 2006, we'd have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of DJ (That's questionable)
In 2006, we'd have drafted Kellen Clemens instead of Hali (ELOHFUCKINGEL)
In 2007, we'd have drafted Kevin Kolb instead of Bowe (Nopenopenope)
In 2008, we'd have drafted Joe Flacco instead of Dorsey (Yes please)
In 2009, we'd have drafted Sanchez instead of Jackson (No thanks)
In 2010, we'd have drafted Tebow instead of Berry (LOLOLOLOL)
In 2011, we'd have drafted Dalton instead of Baldwin (I wish) not much better
In 2012, we'd have drafted Weeden instead of Poe (LOLOLOLOL)
In 2013, we'd have drafted EJ Manuel instead of Fisher (Ehhh, no thanks)
In 2014 we'd have drafted Bridgewater/Carr instead of Ford (we shall see)

So as we can see here in the last 10 years, we'd have had 3 shots at decent QB's (Rodgers, Flacco, and Dalton), but would have given up DJ, Hali, Bowe, Berry, Poe, Fisher, and Ford from our active roster.

Cry as we might about this one, but 7 of our last 10 1st round picks are still on this team, and 6 of those guys are starters, 5 of them have already been pro bowlers.

Now, I'm all for drafting a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Joe Flacco over DJ, whom I think is the best draft pick on that list, but I wouldn't be willing to have Aaron for those 6 starters we have from those 10 draft picks, which is exactly why I'm not upset that we keep taking defensive talents with our first picks instead of QB's, because if we'd have been drafting QB's with our #1 pick over the last 10 years, we'd have 3 pro bowl caliber QB's with only half a defense.

Oh, and Geno sucks.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2014, 01:26 PM
we'd have drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of DJ (That's questionable)

WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT WAT

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
CP only cares about the hype of a 1st round QB and "What it could mean", rarely does CP actually get into a meaningful debate about which of the QB's drafted in the first two rands will most likely be the bust, which will be the serviceable backup, which will be the journeyman starter, etc.

CP is willing to spend its first round pick, every year, on QB's, regardless of how well they measure out, or how well they actually fit OUR offense. CP assumes that we draft the best QB possible, then mold the offense around him, and that's just not how it works most of the time.

In 2006, we'd have drafted Kellen Clemens instead of Hali (ELOH****INGEL)

So as we can see here in the last 10 years, we'd have had 3 shots at decent QB's (Rodgers, Flacco, and Dalton), but would have given up DJ, Hali, Bowe, Berry, Poe, Fisher, and Ford from our active roster.

Cry as we might about this one, but 7 of our last 10 1st round picks are still on this team, and 6 of those guys are starters, 5 of them have already been pro bowlers.

Now, I'm all for drafting a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Joe Flacco over DJ, whom I think is the best draft pick on that list, but I wouldn't be willing to have Aaron for those 6 starters we have from those 10 draft picks, which is exactly why I'm not upset that we keep taking defensive talents with our first picks instead of QB's, because if we'd have been drafting QB's with our #1 pick over the last 10 years, we'd have 3 pro bowl caliber QB's with only half a defense.

Oh, and Geno sucks.

And you would have hit.

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2014, 01:40 PM

In 2006, we'd have drafted Kellen Clemens instead of Hali (ELOH****INGEL)

Oh, and Geno sucks.

really? Also, kc could have drafted other QBs outside of the ones you listed, if they had pulled the trigger in the second or even third round. Nick Foles is a perfect example, along with Wilson. Also, you make it sound like drafts are static, they aren't. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a way to trade up or down in a draft and get the player you want.... just say'n.

Exoter175
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM
really? Also, kc could have drafted other QBs outside of the ones you listed, if they had pulled the trigger in the second or even third round. Nick Foles is a perfect example, along with Wilson. Also, you make it sound like drafts are static, they aren't. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a way to trade up or down in a draft and get the player you want.... just say'n.

You also don't realize that every draft is different, sometimes there is a boatload of talent, sometimes there isn't.

Nick Foles is not a better QB than Alex Smith, Wilson is not a better QB than Smith, and while I'm all for taking QB's after the 1st round, we needn't be so caught up in drafting a 1st round talent, especially with the last 10 years of drafting being evident of that.

You wait for "your" guy who works in "your" system, and if need be, you throw everything and the kitchen sink at whoever owns the draft spot to move up and get him.

That being said, I'm excited about Bray and Murray, they've certainly seemed, thus far, the best QB's we've drafted in a long time, despite their likelihood to be career backups.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Nick Foles is not a better QB than Alex Smith, Wilson is not a better QB than Smith

This franchise has infected you with ignorance.

ChiefsCountry
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Nick Foles is not a better QB than Alex Smith, Wilson is not a better QB than Smith, and while I'm all for taking QB's after the 1st round, we needn't be so caught up in drafting a 1st round talent, especially with the last 10 years of drafting being evident of that.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m5s2bdz5SKA/UXkm0eSWFoI/AAAAAAAAnDY/y_eN6PFt8kU/s200/dumbass_award.jpg

Mav
09-02-2014, 01:53 PM

Well, that's what makes the whole people dissing aaron murray so quickly thing hilarious.

Who drafted FOLES?

Andy knows qbs.

RobBlake
09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m5s2bdz5SKA/UXkm0eSWFoI/AAAAAAAAnDY/y_eN6PFt8kU/s200/dumbass_award.jpg

you think Nick foles is a better Qb than smith? lmao no team had a gameplan for him last season... foles is gonna throw more than what.. one int he had last year

CapsLockKey
09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
if carr turns out to be another russel wilson or kapernick i will stab myself in the face repeatedly

I pray you are correct sir

but I still wish we would at least swing the god damn bat
That's a big if. Both of those guys walked into playoff caliber teams with great coaching. Carr gets to start for a team that has been near the bottom of the league for over a decade and is in year two of a complete roster rebuild. History has not been kind to rookie QBs starting their first year on a bad team. He doesn't need to look any further than his brother for an example.

Ming the Merciless
09-02-2014, 02:02 PM
That's a big if.

Oh for sure...

I acknowledge that 100%

But if the big if happens it will crush my soul

Tombstone RJ
09-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Well, that's what makes the whole people dissing aaron murray so quickly thing hilarious.

Who drafted FOLES?

Andy knows qbs.

was that a Reid pick or a Roseman pick or both because Roseman has been the GM of the Eagles since 2010...

Mav
09-02-2014, 02:09 PM
was that a Reid pick or a Roseman pick or both because Roseman has been the GM of the Eagles since 2010...
Reid I believe was calling all the shots at that time

htismaqe
09-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Who drafted FOLES?

Andy knows qbs.

Nick Foles was a 3rd round pick and had big time measurables coming out. Huge difference between the 2 as draft prospects.

Exoter175
09-02-2014, 03:57 PM
This franchise has infected you with ignorance.

And why's that? Because we have facts on the veteran, but don't have facts on the young guys?

Do you really think 1 super bowl makes a "good" QB, especially when he got carried by his team last year? Fuck, you could have put Brodie Croyle in the drivers seat instead of Wilson and won that championship. Their D and Special Teams was on fire.

And you really think the Foles thing isn't a fluke? Why didn't anybody snatch him up when he was getting shopped? Matt Cassel got picked up after a fluke season, probably a solid reason why.

Remember Matt Flynn? Shit rings a bell now, no?

I'm a dumbass for saying a proven veteran is better than two virtually unknown QB's that had a taste of success in a single season. Lets not blow our wads over this like New York did with Sanchez, The titans did with Vince, the Broncos did with Tebow, etc. etc. etc. There's been more "one and done" types in this league than there will ever be "serviceable vet" types like Alex Smith.

I realize you're mad about the franchise having shitty picks this year and overpaying Alex Smith, and having a tough schedule and losing 3/5ths of our starting offensive line in free agency, and yada yada yada, boo fucking hoo.

Whether or not I like losing or like having to overpay a veteran QB is beyond the point here. This is Kansas City, a small market team whose only chance of success is to build a dynasty, not build a 1 and done team. That means not taking risks with your #1 pick until you've got the majority of your positions filled up with young talent on the rise.

This franchise is a solid 3 years behind everybody right now with being able to build a winning team. But what do we have for it? A star packed dynamic front 7 on defense, the youngest offensive line in football, the best running back in football, and a veteran QB who can manage the game with two very promising young QB's behind him.

That's how you build a dynasty, that's how you build a team.

New England did it, Green bay did it, San Francisco did it, Seattle did it, and Indianapolis did it (albeit because they got lucky).

you think Nick foles is a better Qb than smith? lmao no team had a gameplan for him last season... foles is gonna throw more than what.. one int he had last year

Foles is going to have a fucking HORRENDOUS year this year, bank on it.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Exoter, seek help.

Easy 6
09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Its possible that Exoters right about Foles this year, teams now have a years worth of tape on him and theres always that phenomenon known as the sophomore slump.

R8RFAN
09-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Its possible that Exoters right about Foles this year, teams now have a years worth of tape on him and theres always that phenomenon known as the sophomore slump.

That sucker totally dismantled my Raiders last year...

Chronic
09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Derek is the best QB of this draft and will go on to have a pro bowl career- Remember, this kid was watching NFL films and defenses as a youngster with his brother- you go look at Carrs stats in 2011 when he played in a pro style offense and you'll know all you need to know-

Derek Carr will have a better career than Alex Smith ever dreamed to have- fact

Easy 6
09-02-2014, 04:23 PM
That sucker totally dismantled my Raiders last year...

He had a ridiculous year no doubt, and to be honest I dont see him slipping all that much... but it could happen.

Mav
09-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Derek is the best QB of this draft and will go on to have a pro bowl career- Remember, this kid was watching NFL films and defenses as a youngster with his brother- you go look at Carrs stats in 2011 when he played in a pro style offense and you'll know all you need to know-

Derek Carr will have a better career than Alex Smith ever dreamed to have- fact

NO.

First he plays for the raiders.

Second, blake bortles, and teddy bridgewater both are going to have very good careers.

While I don't think Derek is a scrub, he never played well in college against good teams.

But, I mean you go ahead and crown him.

Chronic
09-02-2014, 04:49 PM
NO.

First he plays for the raiders.

Second, blake bortles, and teddy bridgewater both are going to have very good careers.

While I don't think Derek is a scrub, he never played well in college against good teams.

But, I mean you go ahead and crown him.

Did you see him at the senior bowl agaisnt the best players in the country? Dude lit them up-

Al Davis has been dead for 3 years- this aint the Raiders 5 years ago- Derek Carr has a fast release, poised in the pocket and throws accurate passes- he's 10x's the QB his brother ever thought he'd be- Derek Carr is gonna make a name for himself in the NFL- bank it

Kaepernick
09-02-2014, 04:54 PM

I said it was a start. Only time will tell how they have drafted since Al Davis died. They have 3 drafts since AA -- After Al. We shall see. I am not putting McKenzie with Ozzie Newsome or John Schneider. I said the organization is better and is starting to turn things around and I included the draft as an example of something Al Davis screwed up repeatedly.

R8RFAN
09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
So...

I have to ask it... For the Chief fans

Would you start Carr in his first NFL game on the road in a hostile environment or wait til he got home against a friendly crowd?

Chronic
09-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Reggie McKemzie only had 3 drafts- his 1st draft he didnt have a first pick till the end of rd 3.. last year was his first year having a full draft- His 2014 picks were money- Khalil Mack is a stud, Derek Carr is the best QB of this draft and 3rd rd pick guard Gabe Jackson is a beast- dude steam rolled the Seahawks #1 DL.. don't take my word for it- go look at the tape-- McKenzie hit a grand slam on his draft picks back in May

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 04:24 AM
Sanchez was such a winner that the Jets got rid of him and replaced him with.....

Geno

And Geno has pretty much nowhere to go but up, because he was awful last season.

I will always question if Sanchez was just ruined by poor QB development with the Jets. He had all the potential to be another Ben Roethlisberger. OK, I will get flamed for that, but that is how I see it. Because he wasn't developed very well under Rex Ryan and his staff. It is impossible to say -- a chicken and egg quandary -- but I suspect that poor QB development shot his confidence and did him in. He was doing reasonably well his first 2 years before he fell off a cliff. I blame poor QB development.

Over-Head
09-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Did you see him at the senior bowl agaisnt the best players in the country? Dude lit them up-

Al Davis has been dead for 3 years- this aint the Raiders 5 years ago- Derek Carr has a fast release, poised in the pocket and throws accurate passes- he's 10x's the QB his brother ever thought he'd be- Derek Carr is gonna make a name for himself in the NFL- bank it

Don't waste your breath. This bunch figures flying banners over their stadium is the way to a SB ring :rolleyes:
Good god, from the first pre season snap they are ready to join hands in the "Suck for 1st pick " rain dance.

There's my post for the season :)

BigCatDaddy
09-03-2014, 07:02 AM
He had a ridiculous year no doubt, and to be honest I dont see him slipping all that much... but it could happen.

I would think he has to slip some. He was what 26TD's to 2 INT's? That's crazy to sustain, but it's also not something you back ass into either. This is the NFL, not the Mountain West Conference. Coaches figure out shit quick and don't need 2 years worth of tape on a guy to make adjustments LMAO

R8RFAN
09-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Don't waste your breath. This bunch figures flying banners over their stadium is the way to a SB ring :rolleyes:
Good god, from the first pre season snap they are ready to join hands in the "Suck for 1st pick " rain dance.

There's my post for the season :)
:DROFL

http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/34903/d129a4349027063.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d129a4349027063)

milkman
09-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Smith played probably the best game of his career in Indianapolis. I give him full credit for that. I don't know if he's capable of playing at that level again, but regardless of what he did, if Reid would have just ran the goddamned ball a few times it probably wouldn't have mattered.

I have no problem with the fact that he didn't utilize the ground game more in the second half, since they were ineffective running the ball at that point.

My problem with the playcalling is that he was calling designed swing passes and screens and such to run clock, and the Colts were defending that, leaving the Chiefs in 3rd and long situations throughout the second half.

When you put yourself in those situations, you will eventually fail.

As for Alex Smith, where he failed is with the play clock.

With a 28 point lead, he should have run the play clock down to nothing before snapping the ball, yet there were 7 to 11 seconds left on that play clock almost every time the ball was snapped.

With about 40 snaps in the second half on offense, that's inthe neighborhood of 6 mins of clock that wasn't burned.

The Colts scored the go ahead TD with about 4 and a 1/2 minutes left in the game.

milkman
09-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Kaep made one horrible play, admittedly. But it's against the best defense I've seen in quite some time, on their turf...

He still played a really good football game against a really good team. The final throw wasn't bad by any means...he gave his guy a chance to make a play, but, unfortunately, his guy was M.E.D.I.O.C.R.E and the defender was not.

It was a bad pass.

A well thrown fade doesn't give the defender an opportunity to make a play.

That ball was thrown short.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2014, 07:53 AM
So...

Would you start Carr in his first NFL game on the road in a hostile environment or wait til he got home against a friendly crowd?

There IS no "friendly crowd" at home or abroad in your case.

CapsLockKey
09-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Reggie McKemzie only had 3 drafts- his 1st draft he didnt have a first pick till the end of rd 3.. last year was his first year having a full draft- His 2014 picks were money- Khalil Mack is a stud, Derek Carr is the best QB of this draft and 3rd rd pick guard Gabe Jackson is a beast- dude steam rolled the Seahawks #1 DL.. don't take my word for it- go look at the tape-- McKenzie hit a grand slam on his draft picks back in May
None of those guys have even played a snap, yet that draft has been crowned a grand slam already? Classic Raiders.

MotherfuckerJones
09-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Raiders suck. They always will now. Can't even win 8 games. Come back when you're .500!

RNR
09-03-2014, 08:59 AM
So...

The Jets defensive backfield is very weak. That said the front 7 are beasts. That kid is going to see some wicked blitzes. It is certainly not the ideal place to start a rookie QB. We will most likely see him confused often and he is going to get hit. Ryan has to be licking his lips at the opportunity to open against a rookie~

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 09:05 AM
I predict failure

RNR
09-03-2014, 09:27 AM
I predict failure

LMAO well that's a bold prediction. I like Carr a lot. He has a quick release and a strong arm. He is mature for a rookie. I am sure the plan was to work him in over time. It is what it is and he will get his first test. I personally think he is going to be a good one~

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't think one can use the "because it's the Raisers"-schtick anymore.

Chronic
09-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Jets are starting a safety at CB- Jets have 2 CB's playing this sunday with a combined 4 NFL starts between them and a rookie safety

Seems like this would be as good as a time as any to start Carr

RNR
09-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Jets are starting a safety at CB- Jets have 2 CB's playing this sunday with a combined 4 NFL starts between them and a rookie safety
Seems like this would be as good as a time as any to start Carr

As I noted. However you also have to consider the front 7. Ryan is going to release the dogs to make up for it. Running the ball plays to the strength of their defense. Without an established running game he will be facing passing situations constantly. Rex Ryan is a very sharp defensive coach. He is going to show this kid a whole bunch of different looks blitz and coverage. If they get the ground game going and keep the front 7 honest he should find some open receivers. That said it ain’t going to be no walk in the park. I would love it if he lights things up and will gladly eat crow~

Dave Lane
09-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah, the Raiders are getting it. Even if Carr doesn't pan out, they are trying to draft and develop their own which shows a commitment to long term success (potentially).

And I'm sure if Carr doesn't pan, they will try this again; it's a numbers game. Eventually they will land their 10+ year stud.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

R8RFAN
09-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Meanwhile back at the ranch...
The Chiefs will still suck

Just Passin' By
09-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Yeah, the Raiders are getting it. Even if Carr doesn't pan out, they are trying to draft and develop their own which shows a commitment to long term success (potentially).

And I'm sure if Carr doesn't pan, they will try this again; it's a numbers game. Eventually they will land their 10+ year stud.

Raiders QBs drafted since Stabler in 1968

2014 2 4 36 Derek Carr Fresno State
2013 4 15 112 Tyler Wilson Arkansas
2011s 3 0 0 Terrelle Pryor Ohio State
2007 1 1 1 JaMarcus Russell Louisiana State
2005 3 5 69 Andrew Walter Arizona State
2002 7 24 235 Ronald Curry North Carolina
2001 2 28 59 Marques Tuiasosopo Washington
1993 3 2 58 Billy Joe Hobert Washington
1991 1 24 24 Todd Marinovich USC
1990 12 13 317 Major Harris West Virginia
1989 6 1 140 Jeff Francis Tennessee
1988 11 6 283 David Weber Carroll College
1987 4 26 110 Steve Beuerlein Notre Dame
1985 6 3 143 Rusty Hilger Oklahoma State
1984 12 28 336 Randy Essington Colorado
1983 12 26 333 Scott Lindquist Northern Arizona
1980 1 15 15 Marc Wilson Brigham Young
1976 2 22 50 Jeb Blount Tulsa
1975 5 24 128 David Humm Nebraska
1975 9 24 232 Harry Knight Richmond
1975 14 24 362 Tom Doyle Yale
1973 8 23 205 Mike Rae USC

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/team-position/raiders

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Keep swinging 'till you hit.

End..

of...

Story.

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Keep swinging 'till you hit.

End..

of...

Story.

Yep! Finding a franchise QB is a necessity, not a luxury. You keep working until you get one, if you are serious about winning the super bowl. A lot of owners are content with being in the exclusive NFL owners club and seeing butts in the seats and not passionate about winning a super bowl. Al Davis fell off a cliff the last 20 years of his life, but on thing is for sure, nobody would ever accuse him of not being passionate about winning a super bowl and trying everything he could to do so.

Unlike William Clay Ford, Jr.

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Raiders QBs drafted since Stabler in 1968

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/team-position/raiders

The QB Raiders picks by round are shown below. They gave it a modest try, but not sure that 6 serious draft picks in 40 years is really trying. Most QBs who work out from from the 1st round, some from the second and then start to fall off a cliff.

Raiders drafted 21 QBs in 40 years, but only 3 first rounders. That is not going to get it done. Sure, they blew those picks, even if Marc Wilson was serviceable, but you don't quit trying.

Pathetic.

1st round - 3
2nd round - 3
3rd round - 2
4th round - 2
5th round - 1
6th round - 2
7th round - 1
8th round - 1
9th round - 1
11th round - 1
12th round - 3
supplement - 1

R8RFAN
09-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Yep! Finding a franchise QB is a necessity, not a luxury. You keep working until you get one, if you are serious about winning the super bowl. A lot of owners are content with being in the exclusive NFL owners club and seeing butts in the seats and not passionate about winning a super bowl. Al Davis fell off a cliff the last 20 years of his life, but on thing is for sure, nobody would ever accuse him of not being passionate about winning a super bowl and trying everything he could to do so.

Unlike William Clay Ford, Jr.

When the Raiders were good in the late 90's - early 2000's everybody wanted to play there but after black Sunday everything went downhill fast. After 3 or 4 years of being bad, Al started severely over paying to get players to play for them, He was a brilliant mind in his time but he wanted to do it his way until the end and it was his choice to do so because it was his team. Al was a great guy, the players loved him but he crippled his own team severely with his reaches. Yea, he made alot of bad choices but also delivered 3 Superbowl trophies as well. Al was a fun owner, I wish he had stepped down and put it in capable hands and had a chance to enjoy the team instead of it being in such a long funk at the time he died.

Chronic
09-03-2014, 02:32 PM
As I noted. However you also have to consider the front 7. Ryan is going to release the dogs to make up for it. Running the ball plays to the strength of their defense. Without an established running game he will be facing passing situations constantly. Rex Ryan is a very sharp defensive coach. He is going to show this kid a whole bunch of different looks blitz and coverage. If they get the ground game going and keep the front 7 honest he should find some open receivers. That said it ain’t going to be no walk in the park. I would love it if he lights things up and will gladly eat crow~

Lineup in a spread- 4 WR sets- they wanna blitz you can beat that for big yards on dumpoffs to RB's

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 02:38 PM
When the Raiders were good in the late 90's - early 2000's everybody wanted to play there but after black Sunday everything went downhill fast. After 3 or 4 years of being bad, Al started severely over paying to get players to play for them, He was a brilliant mind in his time but he wanted to do it his way until the end and it was his choice to do so because it was his team. Al was a great guy, the players loved him but he crippled his own team severely with his reaches. Yea, he made alot of bad choices but also delivered 3 Superbowl trophies as well. Al was a fun owner, I wish he had stepped down and put it in capable hands and had a chance to enjoy the team instead of it being in such a long funk at the time he died.

People forget that Al Davis is one of the most monumental figures in the evolution of the NFL into what it is today. He did it all. Fan, player, coach, commissioner, owner.

What you say about his decline is true, but I would add he fell so in love with speed that he drafted track stars instead of football players. Later in his tenure, he drafted a lot of fast guys who didn't pan out because they weren't very good as football players. He fell too in love with speed. He needed someone to temper that desire in him, but nobody could or would, so he went off the rails.

R8RFAN
09-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Lineup in a spread- 4 WR sets- they wanna blitz you can beat that for big yards on dumpoffs to RB's

Looks like a great game for a great Fullback to get involved

R8RFAN
09-03-2014, 02:46 PM
People forget that Al Davis is one of the most monumental figures in the evolution of the NFL into what it is today. He did it all. Fan, player, coach, commissioner, owner.

What you say about his decline is true, but I would add he fell so in love with speed that he drafted track starts instead of football players. Later in his tenure, he drafted a lot of fast guys who didn't pan out because they weren't very good as football players. He fell too in love with speed. He needed someone to temper that desire in him, but nobody could or would, so he went off the rails.

Nope, people wanted a check.. No one would dare say a word within the org and he basically ignored the media

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 03:01 PM
The Chiefs will still suck

You really want me to absolutely own you again don't you?

R8RFAN
09-03-2014, 03:07 PM

I didn't think you would ever come back after the "Beatdown"

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 03:08 PM
I didn't think you would ever come back after the "Beatdown"

Took a vacation numb nuts

Easy 6
09-03-2014, 03:11 PM

LMAO he usually tries to stifle his natural impulses, but the real 48ers's will always eventually rear his ugly, trollish head.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 03:26 PM
LMAO he usually tries to stifle his natural impulses, but the real 48ers's will always eventually rear his ugly, trollish head.

I won our bet last year in like week 6 ROFL

Just Passin' By
09-03-2014, 07:27 PM
The QB Raiders picks by round are shown below. They gave it a modest try, but not sure that 6 serious draft picks in 40 years is really trying.

Stop with the excuse making. The Raiders took the CP approved approach, and it's done nothing for more than 40 years. And, coming from a 49ers fan?

Joe Montana
Steve Young
Jeff Garcia
Y.A. Tittle
Frank Albert

Yeah, that just screams "Draft high! It's the only way!"

OldSchool
09-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Stop with the excuse making. The Raiders took the CP approved approach, and it's done nothing for more than 40 years. And, coming from a 49ers fan?

Joe Montana
Steve Young
Jeff Garcia
Y.A. Tittle
Frank Albert

Yeah, that just screams "Draft high! It's the only way!"

Pretty much, lol.

Yeah, let's forget that the best QB in the 49ers franchise history was a 3rd round pick.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 08:16 PM
But hey they have a tattooed douche now that will never win a tirle

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL fan vote on NFL network has Raiders winning afc west. Holy fuck nfl fans are dumb.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
09-03-2014, 09:37 PM
http://www.chatsports.com/oakland-raiders/a/Derek-Carr-Knew-Entire-Raiders-Playbook-On-First-Day-Of-Training-Camp-10-100-1158

In this Raiders news and rumors bulletin, Oakland Raiders rookie starting quarterback Derek Carr impressed everyone in training camp with his energy and insane dedication to his craft.

Per SFGate.com, Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski was blown away when Carr showed up for the first day of training camp having completely memorized the team’s offensive playbook.

“He’s not your typical rookie,” Wisniewski stated, via Vic Tafur’s article on Wednesday. “He’s got an NFL quarterback older brother that’s been teaching him for years. He understands defenses at a very advanced level more than most rookies would. I think Derek gets way more prepared than most rookies would be.”

That level of preparation has former Green Bay Packers wide receiver James Jones seeing deja vu in his first year with the Raiders.

“He’s really calm, really cool in the pocket,” Jones said. “He acts like he’s been there before. I’ve been calling him mini A-Rod (Aaron Rodgers) since he got here.”

While Rodgers had the chance to sit behind Brett Favre and learn for the first couple of years of his NFL career, Carr will likely not have such a luxury in Oakland. However, if he continues on the track he’s on, the sky could be the limit for one of the most impressive rookies coming out of the 2014 NFL Draft class.

L.A. Chieffan
09-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Haha I'm gonna love it when the Raiders finish last in the division, again.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2014, 10:17 PM
The Raiders are probably going to be better than the Chiefs this year.

I think it winds up like this:

Broncos 14-2
Chargers 10-6
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 5-11

L.A. Chieffan
09-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Bookmarking this thread. Hilarious.

OldSchool
09-03-2014, 10:41 PM

Broncos 14-2
Chargers 10-6
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 5-11

ROFL

Because Dennis Allen has proven to be such a good coach and their roster is so deep and talented.

You've really outdone yourself on this one. More idiotic than your usual stuff.:clap:

Hammock Parties
09-03-2014, 11:13 PM
The Raiders have a pretty talented roster, though. Certainly moreso than ours.

If Carr is the QB people are touting him to be that's a team infinitely capable of beating the Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 11:26 PM
You are trolling way to hard brah. That faid roster is shit in comparison.

OldSchool
09-03-2014, 11:28 PM
The Raiders have a pretty talented roster, though. Certainly moreso than ours.

If Carr is the QB people are touting him to be that's a team infinitely capable of beating the Chiefs.

Maybe if the players that the signed played the same way that they did 4-5 years ago, you might have a point. But all of the big names that they brought in are washed up now.

Their WR core is one of the few that is actually worse than ours.

Their QB, though fairly advanced due to having spent years learning from his older brother, is a rookie who tends to fold under pressure.

Their OL is better than our, yes, but that's only because ours is a complete mess. Their OL is average.

Their coaching staff is worse than ours is, hell they thought that Matt Schaub was a top 10 QB in the league.

You really think that they'll have more wins than us?:)

HolyHat
09-03-2014, 11:30 PM
You are trolling way to hard brah. That faid roster is shit in comparison.

Our front 7, Special Teams and RBs are better. Its still closer than you think.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2014, 11:31 PM
The Raiders WRs are actually pretty good.

James Jones was a great pickup and Denarious Moore is a legit guy who has just needed a QB. You do realize Rod Streater had almost 900 yards last year, right?

We have Bowe and street trash.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 11:32 PM
You have gone full Reighters...never go full Reighters

HolyHat
09-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Their coaching staff is worse than ours is, hell they thought that Matt Schaub was a top 10 QB in the league.

You really think that they'll have more wins than us?:)

This is where we have the advantage, unless Pederson starts calling the plays again. I still think we are both at 6 or 7 wins

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Nope, people wanted a check.. No one would dare say a word within the org and he basically ignored the media

Who is going to bite the hand that feeds them. Maybe 1 in 20 hot-heads who don't suffer fools. The rest are going to keep the gravy train flowing whatever the cost to dignity.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Now the faid...that's what a sub 6 win team looks like count.

Kaepernick
09-03-2014, 11:37 PM
NVMD

Ragged Robin
09-03-2014, 11:49 PM
derek carr should be pretty good

Param
09-03-2014, 11:51 PM
I like the kid down in Jax better.

R8RFAN
09-04-2014, 06:02 AM
All I can say now is we shall see.

R8RFAN
09-04-2014, 06:07 AM

Broncos 14-2
Chargers 10-6
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 5-11

Very possible...

Jghead injury could be a 6 win season for the Donks

TEX
09-04-2014, 07:06 AM

Broncos 14-2
Chargers 10-6
Raiders 8-8
Chiefs 5-11

ROFL No way the Raiders win 8 games. Doubtful the Bolts win 10 or the Donx win 14.

I'll give you the Chiefs winning 5 but Id bet they win 1 or 2 more. Id also bet tney dont finish last in the West... But suck is suck regardless.

R8RFAN
09-04-2014, 07:09 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jjg8kkE3vtE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaepernick
09-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Week 4 preseason is meaningless.

You have to believe Derek Carr is better than Peyton Manning if you actually believe the Seahawks starting D could not stop Carr had they wanted to. This will be made crystal clear tonight when you see the Seattle defense honestly working to stop Aaron Rodgers.

R8RFAN
09-04-2014, 11:17 AM

You have to believe Derek Carr is better than Peyton Manning if you actually believe the Seahawks starting D could not stop Carr had they wanted to. This will be made crystal clear tonight when you see the Seattle defense honestly working to stop Aaron Rodgers.

It's not the score, it's the accuracy and ball placement of his passes.

RNR
09-04-2014, 12:58 PM

The 4th game point is valid. Starters with their position locked are looking to get off the field without injury. I was somewhat surprised they were even lining up at all. A performance like this one would hold more weight in the 1st half of the 3rd game as that is considered as dress rehearsal to many teams.

That said he looked very poised and less a deflected pass put on a show. The ball placement was impressive as noted in the reply before mine. Oakland faces a brutal schedule starting on the east coast with a trip to London in the package. I have no use for the overseas game and do not understand the necessity of it. Carr will get tested severely this year. I will hope for the best however 6 or 7 wins will be a tall order~

R8RFAN
09-04-2014, 02:48 PM
He is going to have to take his lumps like all rookies do, He will look like a rookie at times.

Kaepernick
09-04-2014, 09:01 PM
It's not the score, it's the accuracy and ball placement of his passes.

That is a nice start. Lets see it under the duress of starting caliber pass rushers and genuine NFL defensive schemes.

I like the kid and I think he has franchise QB potential. I never bought that he was his brother, but like Foles, it is way premature to crown him yet. Lets talk in January and see how his rookie year goes.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
09-04-2014, 09:27 PM
That is a nice start. Lets see it under the duress of starting caliber pass rushers and genuine NFL defensive schemes.

To be fair, his first touchdown drive was against Seattle's starters. We're just shocked to see someone out there that looks like an NFL QB.

OldSchool
09-04-2014, 09:50 PM
To be fair, his first touchdown drive was against Seattle's starters. We're just shocked to see someone out there that looks like an NFL QB.

Don't entertain Kaepernick, he's an idiot who didn't even watch Carr tear it up against the Seahawks and thought that Carr only did it against the 3rd string and practice squad guys. ROFL

R8RFAN
09-07-2014, 09:42 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y5wr82ZRUjc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotherfuckerJones
09-07-2014, 09:47 AM
At least the raiders draft QBs and try.

R8RFAN
09-07-2014, 09:53 AM
At least the raiders draft QBs and try.

We are going to hit one day, then we can build a team around that QB

I think this may actually be our man.:thumb:

Jiu Jitsu Jon
09-07-2014, 11:05 PM
We are going to hit one day, then we can build a team around that QB

I think this may actually be our man.:thumb:

20/32 today, 152 yards, 2 TD today. If the rest of the team had gotten their **** together we could have beaten the Jets.

Defense actually made some plays with some help from the Jets shooting themselves in the foot, but offense had a horrible day.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Through 3 games:
5.4 YPA
8.6 YPC

Wow. Makes Christian Ponder look like a deep ball specialist. What a fucking abortion. I love it.

R8RFAN
09-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Can't say I like losing, especially like we did today but Carr is the future and will be a great NFL QB for many years..

OldSchool
09-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Through 3 games:
5.4 YPA
8.6 YPC

Wow. Makes Christian Ponder look like a deep ball specialist. What a ****ing abortion. I love it.

It's not really his fault at all. Raiders have almost nothing out there for him to throw to. He did throw the ball short a few times on a couple of deep passes today though. Got some completions against Revis as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Can't say I like losing, especially like we did today but Carr is the future and will be a great NFL QB for many years..

You have chosen wisely.

Mav
09-21-2014, 06:49 PM
It's not really his fault at all. Raiders have almost nothing out there for him to throw to. He did throw the ball short a few times on a couple of deep passes today though. Got some completions against Revis as well.
Oh please. You and I have been here long enough to know that qbs elevate the players around them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Oh please. You and I have been here long enough to know that qbs elevate the players around them.

Um, 1st year?

09-21-2014, 06:50 PM

He fucking sucks. Next Colt McCoy

Mav
09-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Um, 1st year?
You just shut your face when I'm trolling.

Lol

Mav
09-21-2014, 06:52 PM
He fucking sucks. Next Colt McCoy
He is awful against pressure. That's why he fell in the draft.

09-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Dump it, Derek

OldSchool
09-21-2014, 06:53 PM
He ****ing sucks. Next Colt McCoy

Did you even watch him play? Carr was zipping the ball around out there. He was off on some of his deep throws though, but that should come with more practice reps with his WRs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Wilson sure didn't suck. That guy is the goddamned Burrito Supreme of game management.

09-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Did you even watch him play? Carr was zipping the ball around out there. He was off on some of his deep throws though, but that should come with more practice reps with his WRs.

Watched some of him, though not more than a third of his snaps this year. From what I gather, he's a nice shit mix of Cassel, Ponder, and Jake Locker. Possibly some Weeden

Valiant
09-21-2014, 08:23 PM
I think he will constantly improve, especially if they get him a WR or TE.

09-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Another shitfest for Dump-it Derek Ponder

5.2 YPA
8.8 YPC

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Raiders looking good, they have a bright future now that Al is dead

OldSchool
09-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Another shitfest for Dump-it Derek Ponder

5.2 YPA
8.8 YPC

Eh, he literally has no one to throw it to, his run game is mediocre, and his OL is pretty much on the same level as ours. Not surprised that he hasn't been able to win any games for them yet, especially when you consider that their defense isn't much better than their offense is.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
09-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Eh, he literally has no one to throw it to, his run game is mediocre, and his OL is pretty much on the same level as ours. Not surprised that he hasn't been able to win any games for them yet, especially when you consider that their defense isn't much better than their offense is.

Don't bother. Rudy has his mind made up already. Posting facts will only confuse him.

10-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Another week, another loss for pathetic Derek Carr. Nice choke job, bitch. At least he threw down the field for once, which is why his completion % normalized. Awful QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Another week, another loss for pathetic Derek Carr. Nice choke job, bitch. At least he threw down the field for once, which is why his completion % normalized. Awful QB.

Yeah, it would suck having a young, "pathetic choker" like that in KC.

Eat a paint chip.

10-12-2014, 05:32 PM

I agree. Derek Carr is a waste of time.

vailpass
10-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Get him some weapons he'd do some damage. Kid could be something...

OldSchool
10-12-2014, 05:37 PM
You give Carr at least one solid weapon on offense and he'll be good to go. Easily the best rookie QB right now. Hard to ask a rookie to make chicken salad out of chicken shit but he came damn close to doing that today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 05:38 PM

You're wasting your breath. No QB is "right" for the Chiefs unless he is an average veteran with an exorbitant price tag.

10-12-2014, 05:40 PM
0-5!

0-5!

vailpass
10-12-2014, 05:41 PM
You're wasting your breath. No QB is "right" for the Chiefs unless he is an average veteran with an exorbitant price tag.

Wasn't trying to tell anyone what KC should do but credit where it's due, the bastard Faiders are taking a shot. And it doesn't look bad...

R8RFAN
10-12-2014, 05:43 PM

Rudy is trolling... LMAO but he can't get to me..... Hell it's been so long since we have won a game, that felt like a win. LMAO

Raiders seriously need some players that can fight off the line and catch the damn ball.
A reliable TE would be nice

ILChief
10-12-2014, 05:44 PM

Eat a paint chip.

Aaron Murray > Carr

vailpass
10-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Rudy is trolling... LMAO but he can't get to me..... Hell it's been so long since we have won a game, that felt like a win. LMAO

Raiders seriously need some players that can fight off the line and catch the damn ball.
A reliable TE would be nice

Whatever you do don't get an ex hoops player for a TE. Those never work out. Seriously though, Carr looks good enough to be coached up...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Aaron Murray > Carr

Not really, no.

ILChief
10-12-2014, 05:54 PM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/b0/b07fb3fccfebfbb6c292b444c6ae4d22f2adce17332db6a74e4a4b2b986523e2.jpg

OldSchool
10-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Aaron Murray > Carr

:LOL: LMAO

Aaron Murray = Career Back-up

Carr actually showed some franchise potential today with shit weapons around him going up against a pretty good defense.

R8RFAN
10-12-2014, 05:58 PM
That last pass was picked off but it was a perfect pass the only problem is he threw it to a sketchy player.

R8RFAN
10-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Best QB in the draft

Yea... I fucking said it

ILChief
10-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Best QB in the draft

Yea... I fucking said it

Blake Bortles says hello

R8RFAN
10-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Blake Bortles says hello

I stand by my opinion

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I stand by my opinion

Then I call.

Bortles-Bridgewater-Carr.

All worthy, but that is the order of things, my friend.

ILChief
10-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Keep doubting johnny manziel

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Keep doubting johnny manziel

I have, and will.

vailpass
10-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Best QB in the draft

Yea... I ****ing said it

Too early to tell imho. There's no Luck in that crop where it's a no brainer but Carr, Bortles, hell maybe Manziel could all be good or better...

vailpass
10-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Then I call.

Bortles-Bridgewater-Carr.

All worthy, but that is the order of things, my friend.

Yeah Teddy too...

Jimmya
10-12-2014, 06:18 PM
I don't know if you guys saw the vikings game, but Teddy was horrendous today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:23 PM
I don't know if you guys saw the vikings game, but Teddy was horrendous today.

Russel Wilson was horrendous today. Shit happens.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2014, 06:30 PM
I stand by my opinion

You're a homer. Time to double bag it.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-12-2014, 06:34 PM
11 straight losses. By the beard of Zeus that's mind blowing.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2014, 06:35 PM
11 straight losses. By the beard of Zeus that's mind blowing.

They could complete the Tiger Slam! Well in this case, the Tiger fail...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-12-2014, 06:39 PM
You're a homer. Time to double bag it.

ROFL

Valiant
10-13-2014, 03:59 AM
I think he will constantly improve, especially if they get him a WR or TE.

Damn, they might have gotten a permanent starter. What I was afraid of.

ILChief
10-13-2014, 06:21 AM
Damn, they might have gotten a permanent starter. What I was afraid of.

Don't be afraid. He sucks.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2014, 11:30 AM
If there's one team that can destroy a good young QB, it's the raiders.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2014, 11:33 AM
If there's one team that can destroy a good young QB, it's the raiders Jets.

And the Faid, of course.

The Franchise
10-13-2014, 12:03 PM

And if there's one team that doesn't even try....it's the Chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2014, 12:07 PM
And if there's one team that doesn't even try....it's the Chiefs.

b00m!

Chronic
10-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Derek Carr is a stud.. dude looked like Aaron Rodgers yesterday. 4 taters, 0 int's and almost won the game for his team. That kid will be a top 5 QB in this league in 2 years... book it

loochy
10-13-2014, 12:32 PM
Derek Carr is a stud.. dude looked like Aaron Rodgers yesterday. 4 taters, 0 int's and almost won the game for his team. That kid will be a top 5 QB in this league in 2 years... book it

matt flynn says "whatup"

Chronic
10-13-2014, 01:11 PM
That kid can make pro bowl QB throws.. in the pocket, rolling out.. throws a laser on the mark.. I saw Carr throw a back shoulder laser right on the money for 25 yards.. It was a beautiful throw.. kids got tons of talent, His post pressers displays a leader. Very impressed by this kid.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-13-2014, 01:23 PM
matt flynn says "whatup"

Flynn's ceiling is a competent backup IF he's surrounded by talent. Look at what Carr had to work with yesterday and what he was able to achieve. Apples and oranges.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-13-2014, 01:29 PM

The Raiders could trade for Aaron Rodgers himself and it still wouldn't matter. That franchise is AIDS and Ebola's love child. They need to nuke everyone involved with that organization and start completely over then they'll have a chance. They need to pray Davis sells the team or something. I don't really even make fun of Raider fans anymore, I pray for them and what they have to go through. It's depressing.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
The Raiders could trade for Aaron Rodgers himself and it still wouldn't matter. That franchise is AIDS and Ebola's love child. They need to nuke everyone involved with that organization and start completely over then they'll have a chance. They need to pray Davis sells the team or something. I don't really even make fun of Raider fans anymore, I pray for them and what they have to go through. It's depressing.

Because it's all too familiar?

The Franchise
10-13-2014, 01:31 PM

0 INTs? Did you miss the one he threw to lose the game?

Chronic
10-13-2014, 01:54 PM
0 INTs? Did you miss the one he threw to lose the game?

Wasn't his fault- it was a beatiful throw, right on the money.. WR let it slip threw his hands.. that int is much like a ball bouncing off a WR's chest and in the mits of a safety who happened to be in the right place at the right time... Top WR's in the NFL make that catch.. Raiders need to get this kid a legit WR.. once they do.. look out.. that Raiders OL is playing well and Carr is throwing to a bunch of #2 guys and out playing QB's that have far superior OL's and WR's

ILChief
10-13-2014, 01:54 PM

top 5 in two years? Lolol

Chronic
10-13-2014, 02:29 PM
top 5 in two years? Lolol

2016 season- he'll be in the top 5.. Fivehead will be retired, possibly Brady.. the lot of Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Eli, Homo are all getting long in the tooth.. Derek Carr is so far along as a rookie.. you watch... we'll revisit this thread after the 2016 season... I guarantee he'll be in the top stats wise in the NFL at the QB position.. that kid is that good.. I know it's a hard pill to swallow because you're mad you're stuck with Smith and you wanna see Carr fail... but at some point you need to accept reality-

vailpass
10-13-2014, 05:25 PM
2016 season- he'll be in the top 5.. Fivehead will be retired, possibly Brady.. the lot of Brees, Ryan, Flacco, Eli, Homo are all getting long in the tooth.. Derek Carr is so far along as a rookie.. you watch... we'll revisit this thread after the 2016 season... I guarantee he'll be in the top stats wise in the NFL at the QB position.. that kid is that good.. I know it's a hard pill to swallow because you're mad you're stuck with Smith and you wanna see Carr fail... but at some point you need to accept reality-

See your point but Mind you don't step on your own dick...

ILChief
10-13-2014, 05:39 PM

Luck
Wilson
Rodgers

Highly doubtful he is better than them

Brees and Rivers should still be around

Flacco, Kaepernick, Ryan, and Stafford will still be better than him too.

Alex Smith and Andy Dalton will probably better and I think Dalton is garbage, not to mention Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel.

Also next year you have quite a few like Mariota, Winston, etc. you will be lucky if carr is a middle of the road starter

ILChief
10-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Luck
Wilson
Rodgers

Highly doubtful he is better than them

Brees and Rivers should still be around

Flacco, Kaepernick, Ryan, and Stafford will still be better than him too.

Alex Smith and Andy Dalton will probably better and I think Dalton is garbage, not to mention Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel.

Also next year you have quite a few like Mariota, Winston, etc. you will be lucky if carr is a middle of the road starter

Forgot foles and romo. That's not counting Brady who will still be around

Valiant
10-13-2014, 08:39 PM
matt flynn says "whatup"

I would agree if I didn't think his team was utter shit.

He is playing great right now on a shit team, as a rookie.

Thankfully this is the raiders and I do not trust they will build around him.

RobBlake
10-13-2014, 08:54 PM
since i've watched carr live muliple times in college and hes a local hero pretty much... he is a GREAT guy and great leader. He really has what it takes to take the raiders into the playoffs if he has a more solid team

Hootie
10-13-2014, 10:51 PM
he's going to fucking suck

I promise you that.

Just Passin' By
10-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Here's all you need to know:

If the Raiders have the #1 overall pick next year, will they draft a QB, or will they say "No, thanks. We've got Derek Carr!"?

OldSchool
10-14-2014, 12:11 AM
Here's all you need to know:

If the Raiders have the #1 overall pick next year, will they draft a QB, or will they say "No, thanks. We've got Derek Carr!"?

They'll probably pass and go Leonard Williams or OL. They can get a very good receiver in the top of the 2nd round in Kevin White or Devante Parker, both have serious #1 WR potential.

If they take Mariota then they'll get someone to trade a significant amount for Carr. The league isn't blind to his abilities now that they've seen him. I bet that Buffalo or even the Texans would jump at the opportunity in a heartbeat.

Carr has been one of the fewest sacked QBs in the league so far, which is phenomenal when you consider the lack of talent all around him. He is a lot better than his brother was and is by far the best rookie QB.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
10-14-2014, 01:46 AM
They'll probably pass and go Leonard Williams or OL. They can get a very good receiver in the top of the 2nd round in Kevin White or Devante Parker, both have serious #1 WR potential.

If they take Mariota then they'll get someone to trade a significant amount for Carr. The league isn't blind to his abilities now that they've seen him. I bet that Buffalo or even the Texans would jump at the opportunity in a heartbeat.

Carr has been one of the fewest sacked QBs in the league so far, which is phenomenal when you consider the lack of talent all around him. He is a lot better than his brother was and is by far the best rookie QB.

I seriously doubt they hit the reset button again next year and draft another QB high. Way too early to pull the plug on Carr. Like you mentioned, I think they draft a WR, but in the 1st, maybe Amari Cooper. Right now his best WR is James Jones, who is alright, but a solid #2 WR at the most. If Reggie wants to keep his job he'll also be in close contact with Demaryius Thomas' agent, there will be a nice amount of cap money to spend next year as well.

thabear04
10-14-2014, 01:55 AM
I seriously doubt they hit the reset button again next year and draft another QB high. Way too early to pull the plug on Carr. Like you mentioned, I think they draft a WR, but in the 1st, maybe Amari Cooper. Right now his best WR is James Jones, who is alright, but a solid #2 WR at the most. If Reggie wants to keep his job he'll also be in close contact with Demaryius Thomas' agent, there will be a nice amount of cap money to spend next year as well.

Demaryius Thomas not going anywhere Denver will find a way to pay him.

Valiant
10-14-2014, 03:52 AM
Demaryius Thomas not going anywhere Denver will find a way to pay him.

If by cheat a way to pay him, then yes.

But I do not know if they can even do that after paying everyone that they have.

Oakland would have to offer huuuuuge money to pry him from a more established team in need of a receiving target like the Pats.

Chronic
10-14-2014, 07:07 AM
Oakland will end up signing Suh.. heard they have like 60 million in free money next year

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Suh will be gone from Detroit. If he wants money he'll go there.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Thomas won't be shit without Manning.

thabear04
10-14-2014, 12:08 PM
If by cheat a way to pay him, then yes.

But I do not know if they can even do that after paying everyone that they have.

Oakland would have to offer huuuuuge money to pry him from a more established team in need of a receiving target like the Pats.

Just hope he doesnt end up like the other Broncos player Raiders had sign.

MotherfuckerJones
10-14-2014, 12:35 PM

Lol guess you missed the memo on his game winning TD in the playoffs against PIT with Tebow

Jim Lahey
10-14-2014, 01:03 PM

It would hurt Manning more to lose Thomas than it would for Thomas to lose Manning. (Assuming Thomas went somewhere with a half competent QB)

ILChief
10-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Lol guess you missed the memo on his game winning TD in the playoffs against PIT with Tebow

Freddie Mitchell and David Tyres had awesome game winning playoff catches too

Chronic
10-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Derek Carr breaks NFL record- First rookie QB to throw for 8 TD's in first 5 games..

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Derek Carr breaks NFL record- First rookie QB to throw for 8 TD's in first 5 games..

YEAH, WELL ALEX SMITH BREAKS THE RECORD FOR...

I got nothin'.

RobBlake
10-14-2014, 02:06 PM
he's going to ****ing suck

I promise you that.

Yeah, no.

10-14-2014, 02:34 PM

And the worst YPA/YPC since Ponder (even with his fluke game)

Why Not?
10-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Freddie Mitchell and David Tyres had awesome game winning playoff catches too

How improbable is that! Two guys whose names are literally seperated by one letter both have amazing playoff catches. But for some reason, I can only find the David Tyree catch on YouTube. No mention or video of the Tyres catch?

😄

In58men
10-14-2014, 06:03 PM
YEAH, WELL ALEX SMITH BREAKS THE RECORD FOR...

I got nothin'.

586 check down passes with first 588 attempts bitch

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2014, 06:17 PM
It would hurt Manning more to lose Thomas than it would for Thomas to lose Manning. (Assuming Thomas went somewhere with a half competent QB)

LMAO Okay