PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders name Derek Carr starting QB

Pages : [1] 2 3

-King-
09-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Report: Raiders tab Derek Carr as starting quarterback

Posted by Mike Wilkening on September 1, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Derek Carr

The Raiders are going with a rookie at quarterback to begin the regular season.

Fox’s Jay Glazer reports the Raiders have switched starters in advance of Sunday’s opener at the Jets, with Derek Carr getting the nod over Matt Schaub.

According to Glazer, players have been informed of the decision.

The call to go with Carr comes after the second-round pick from Fresno State completed 11-of-13 passes for 143 yards and three TDs in the preseason finale vs. Seattle. Schaub sat out the game with elbow soreness.

Schaub, whom the Raiders acquired from Houston in the offseason, was just 24-of-47 passing for 218 yards with no touchdowns and one interception in exhibition play. He was sacked three times.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/01/raiders-tab-derek-carr-as-starting-quarterback/

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Well that sucks. I was hoping for Schaub, lol.

Direckshun
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Welp, there's two wins.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Welp, I am sure they can still piss pound our GROB led defense...

KCUnited
09-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Meanwhile, back in Punxsutawney...

Eleazar
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I was hoping we'd pick up Carr on draft day, I think he has a chance to be good. But they are still the Raiders.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM
There's a franchise that actually gets it.

Good move for them. No sense in wasting time on Schaub. See what you have in Carr and if he flames out, move on.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Carr earned it. Oakland is actually pretty smart to start him from the get-go.

They have nothing to lose here.

TribalElder
09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Damn, too bad they are getting their shit together :/

notorious
09-01-2014, 04:55 PM
I wanted Carr. I hope he is decent for the Raiders.

We need the AFC West to get better overall. It helps all the teams down the road to play against better competition.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM

I still prefer the to throw the shitty veteran out there and then let the rookie be the savior.

gives the rookie QB a chance to watch a real game and relax first.

pretty sure Carr's brother agrees with me.

In58men
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Oakland and Jaguars know what it takes to be competitive.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM

We need the AFC West to get better overall. It helps all the teams down the road to play against better competition.:shake:

I hope he sucks shit

Mama Hip Rockets
09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
I thought that said David Carr for a minute and I was really confused.

OldSchool
I still prefer the to throw the shitty veteran out there and then let the rookie be the savior.

gives the rookie QB a chance to watch a real game and relax first.

pretty sure Carr's brother agrees with me.

Schaub isn't even good enough to be a backup in the NFL right now, his arm is completely gone and he never had much of one in the first place.

notorious
:shake:

I hope it sucks shit

Meh, I got over what other teams do a long time ago.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Carr will be like any rookie QB, he'll struggle when under pressure. We just have to beat their OL.

notorious
09-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Carr will be like any rookie QB, he'll struggle when under pressure. We just have to beat their OL.

Sutton will respond by sitting back in coverage.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2014, 05:03 PM

This :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:03 PM

And our DBs will respond by committing penalty after penalty down field and giving up huge plays to any of Oakland's speedsters.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2014, 05:05 PM
I think they should have thrown Schaub to the wolves while Carr got a firmer grasp of the speed of the game and adjustments from the sidelines, then given him the job after the bye week.

Not the way I would have gone, but I understand the decision.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to have a young QB doing this?

http://i.imgur.com/QAiRbSS.gif

http://i.imgur.com/UCv76ZP.gif

GordonGekko
09-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I think they should have thrown Schaub to the wolves while Carr got a firmer grasp of the speed of the game and adjustments from the sidelines, then given him the job after the bye week.

Yeah this. Schaub should have at least started the first few games. It would have allowed the team to get some of the wrinkles out before they brought in the rook.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Posting Raider shit?

Get a fucking life.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:09 PM

I wish we had that

GordonGekko
09-01-2014, 05:10 PM

Yeah, the Raiders are getting it. Even if Carr doesn't pan out, they are trying to draft and develop their own which shows a commitment to long term success (potentially).

And I'm sure if Carr doesn't pan, they will try this again; it's a numbers game. Eventually they will land their 10+ year stud.

In58men
Posting Raider shit?

Get a ****ing life.

Gotta give credit when credits due. Eats you up knowing Raiders will be competitive and we won't.

Bufkin
Those gifs are everyday QB throws that Matt Cassel, Trent Green, Alex Smith, and Pete Stoyanovich could all make if they had more than 4 seconds in the pocket.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:11 PM

If they don't improve significantly this year, it'll likely be Allen's last season as HC of the Raiders and Reggie McKenzie's last year as GM. That's probably why they aren't taking it slow with Carr; even though he's not quite ready yet, he does give them the best shot at winning some games this year. Allen is probably hoping that, even if they lose a lot, the FO will see enough growth from Carr to let Allen stay on for another season for the sake of continuity and growth with Derek Carr.

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Gotta give credit when credits due. Eats you up knowing Raiders will be competitive and we won't.
Competitive? Their roster has about as much talent as a Sporting Chance bowling team. If they win more than 4 games this year, I'll dig up Joan Rivers' corpse and skullfuck it.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Competitive? Their roster has about as much talent as a Sporting Chance bowling team. If they win more than 4 games this year, I'll dig up Joan Rivers' corpse and skull**** it.

Guarantee they win more than 4 games. They'll beat us this year.

Miles
09-01-2014, 05:12 PM

I'm guessing that was likely the plan before Schaub starting having elbow issues last week. Wouldn't surprise me if that had been around for a while given his arm strength completely declined later in the 2012 season and hasn't been the same since.

jd1020
09-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Those gifs are everyday QB throws that Matt Cassel, Trent Green, Alex Smith, and Pete Stoyanovich could all make if they had more than 4 seconds in the pocket.

Meanwhile, Carr didn't need 4 seconds to make those throws.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If they don't improve significantly this year, it'll likely be Allen's last season as HC of the Raiders and Reggie McKenzie's last year as GM. That's probably why they aren't taking it slow with Carr; even though he's not quite ready yet, he does give them the best shot at winning some games this year. Allen is probably hoping that, even if they lose a lot, the FO will see enough growth from Carr to let Allen stay on for another season for the sake of continuity and growth with Derek Carr.

You make a good point, and it's an excellent reason why coaches and GMs cannot be trusted to act in the best interests of the team. They act in the best interests of their next paycheck.

CoMoChief

We need the AFC West to get better overall. It helps all the teams down the road to play against better competition.

dumb

we already play manning and rivers 2x each.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Schaub's got an elbow injury and has been missing practices. That made this an easy decision.

In58men
Manning

Rivers

Carr

Smith

In that order, mark it down.

GordonGekko
Guarantee they win more than 4 games. They'll beat us this year.

Lol while I applaud the chance they are taking with the rook, I was thinking this pretty much guarantees us both wins in the season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing that was likely the plan before Schaub starting having elbow issues last week. Wouldn't surprise me if that had been around for a while given his arm strength completely declined later in the 2012 season and hasn't been the same since.

You'd think the Raiders might be able to dig up one of the Athletics' team physicians from the sewage overflow in the Coliseum to take a look at Schaub's UCL before trading for him.

GordonGekko
09-01-2014, 05:15 PM

It's ok, he is just trying to justify the band-aid Qb.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Rex Ryan is going to rape Derek Carr in his first career start, lol.

In58men
Lol while I applaud the chance they are taking with the rook, I was thinking this pretty much guarantees us both wins in the season.

Carr will be a monster

Hammock Parties

Alex would probably toss both out of bounds.

On the second, Carr was pressured. Alex would have bailed out of the pocket and run off to the right like he usually does when he gets scared.

Bufkin
I shouldn't have included the amount of seconds. Any quarterback who has played a snap of college football (regardless of what division) should be able to make those throws.

-King-
09-01-2014, 05:18 PM
I wish we had that

His name is Tyler Bray. He dominates the 4th preseason game with the best of them also.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Posting Raider shit?

Get a fucking life.

Does it bug you that young quarterbacks drafted by teams in our OWN DIVISION are showing off, while ours flounders and gets rich?

I know it bugs me.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Alex would probably toss both out of bounds.

On the second, Carr was pressured. Alex would have bailed out of the pocket and run off to the right like he usually does when he gets scared.

ROFL true.

It's been done about 38 times last season. He runs before the receivers can run their routes. Doesn't take much to scare him.

GordonGekko
His name is Tyler Bray. He dominates the 4th preseason game with the best of them also.

Probably won't see the field in any meaningful way during the regular season before the Chiefs eventually cut him.

Bufkin
"I knew we should have drafted that Devonta Freeman kid out of FSU! You need proof? Here's a gif of him ramming it 4 yards up the middle for a 1st down against Carolina's 3rd string defense".

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:20 PM

Our organization doesn't think like that. We know for a fact that undrafted QBs never pan out in the NFL. We must keep our retread in there.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 05:20 PM

Credit for what?

So stupid.

Feel free to drown in Raider semen.

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 05:21 PM
I need to post some TJ Yates touchdown gifs from Atlanta's preseason game against Jacksonville. That'll show all the Alex Smith lovers how shitty he really is.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Credit for what?

So stupid.

ROFL This.

Mr. Flopnuts

I agree with you 100%.

In58men
Credit for what?

So stupid.

Give credit to the Raiders, they put together a nice team. You should buy a Linkenbach jersey.

TimBone
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Competitive? Their roster has about as much talent as a Sporting Chance bowling team. If they win more than 4 games this year, I'll dig up Joan Rivers' corpse and skullfuck it.

IS THIS NECESSARY

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I need to post some TJ Yates touchdown gifs from Atlanta's preseason game against Jacksonville. That'll show all the Alex Smith lovers how shitty he really is.

Please don't I can't stand watching other QBs do shit that we can't even though our gem has 8 years experience.

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Give credit to the Raiders, they put together a nice team. You should buy a Linkenbach jersey.
A nice team in 2009 maybe. Signing guys like Justin Tuck, MJD, James Jones, Charles Woodson, Carlos Rogers, and Lamar Woodley a few years after they start regressing makes for some nice name drops, but does precious little to the whole "rebuild mode" goal.

Bufkin
IS THIS NECESSARY
lololololol

-King-
Our organization doesn't think like that. We know for a fact that undrafted QBs never pan out in the NFL. We must keep our retread in there.

But retreat QBs pan out better than 2nd round QBs that play for their original team. So we still come out ahead LMAO

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 05:25 PM

You should play in heavy traffic.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:25 PM
A nice team in 2009 maybe. Signing guys like Justin Tuck, MJD, James Jones, Charles Woodson, Carlos Rogers, and Lamar Woodley a few years after they start regressing makes for some nice name drops, but does precious little to the whole "rebuild mode" goal.

But if the Chiefs made these moves it sound more like "Dorsey and Reid are doing a great job, way to create some depth if they don't pan out short cheap contracts, no harm no foul. Go gett'em big red."

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:27 PM
You should play in heavy traffic.

You pull Andy Reid's dick outta your mouth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Most of those FA signings might work out for a year at best, but people criticizing them were throwing rose petals at the feet of Pioli for signing an even more egregious collection of brokedick motherfuckers in 2009.

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Most of those FA signings might work out for a year at best, but people criticizing them were throwing rose petals at the feet of Pioli for signing an even more egregious collection of brokedick mother****ers in 2009.
Maybe some, but Pioli's signings of has-beens was equally stupid.

Leading to my basic premise in this thread,

McKenzie = Pioli.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Most of those FA signings might work out for a year at best, but people criticizing them were throwing rose petals at the feet of Pioli for signing an even more egregious collection of brokedick mother****ers in 2009.

Yep, this board went crazy when Peyton Hillis was signed.

Remover all those pictures of Hillis wearing the Bane mask? ROFL

Bufkin
09-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Yep, this board went crazy when Peyton Hillis was signed.

Remover all those pictures of Hillis wearing the Bane mask? ROFL
Peyton Hillis just turned 26 when we signed him with a minimal workload. Hardly a has-been.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
You pull Andy Reid's dick outta your mouth.

Please show me where I have ever said anything positive about Reid?

RunKC
09-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Carr is a pussy who looked horrific when pressured in college

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 05:35 PM

I believe his coaches told him to avoid injuries at all costs or something like that. It was in an interview somewhere.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Rex Ryan is going to rape Derek Carr in his first career start, lol.

Rex Ryan may have to play CB himself in that game, because Milliner might not be back. If the Raiders OL can hold off that Jets pass rush, Carr could light up that secondary.

Hell, an 87 year old blind woman might be able to light up that secondary.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 05:38 PM

Alex is a pussy who looks horrific when pressured in the pros.

Might as well go with a young version.

Pepe Silvia
09-01-2014, 05:38 PM
He's no Blake Bortles.

Mav
09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
He's going to get his shit pushed in by the jets

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 05:40 PM
He's going to get his shit pushed in by the jets

Difficult task going against a team led by Geno Smith for sure.

kcxiv
09-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Yeah, the Raiders are getting it. Even if Carr doesn't pan out, they are trying to draft and develop their own which shows a commitment to long term success (potentially).

And I'm sure if Carr doesn't pan, they will try this again; it's a numbers game. Eventually they will land their 10+ year stud.

Except the Chiefs, we will trade for someone else's qb that they dont want anymore. Chiefs are like that plastic bottle in the ocean thats stuck between the waves. It never gets anywhere. lol

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Raiders- 24

Chiefs- 17

Alex Smith 23-29 293 yards 2 TD 0 INTS. Fans be like "Alex Smith played great not his fault"

Mav
09-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Difficult task going against a team led by Geno Smith for sure.
No. But a rex Ryan d is tough.

Mav
09-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Raiders- 24

Chiefs- 17

Alex Smith 23-29 293 yards 2 TD 0 INTS. Fans be like "Alex Smith played great not his fault"
Who the he'll would complain about that stat line?

GordonGekko
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Raiders- 24

Chiefs- 17

IF he has a game like that, you can't exactly pin it on him. That's 32 td's, 0 ints projected over the season.

Hell, I think even Gochiefs would accept that statline.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Who the he'll would complain about that stat line?

Probably all those 3rd down conversions we didn't make. All those 3rd and 11 throw for 2 yards kinda plays.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
IF he has a game like that, you can't exactly pin it on him. That's 32 td's, 0 ints projected over the season.

Another blind true fan

Mav
09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Probably all those 3rd down conversions we didn't make. All those 3rd and 11 throw for 2 yards kinda plays.
True true. Prolly all check downs to jamal

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:47 PM

It's Jamaals fault for not shaking 5 defenders

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Raiders- 24

Chiefs- 17

If Alex had a stat line like that we'd probably score more than 24 points.

He'll have a statline like this:

23-29 189 yards 1 TD 0 INT

And that's good enough for homers.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM

Those stats look good on paper, but the majority of fans don't look at the big picture of his performance. They see good numbers and cream everywhere.

GordonGekko
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Another blind true fan

Wait.. What me?

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:49 PM
If Alex had a stat line like that we'd probably score more than 24 points.

He'll have a statline like this:

23-29 189 yards 1 TD 0 INT

And that's good enough for homers.

Multiple 3rd and 11 plays that go for 8-9 yards. Really cranks up the yardage.

-King-
09-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Hey Inmen, do you let GoChiefs go in dry or does he get to use his saliva?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Raiders- 24

Chiefs- 17

You're a fucking moron if you have any problem with that stat line.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Another blind true fan

ROFL You're either trolling, or you have Down Syndrome.

-King-
09-01-2014, 05:54 PM

Mixture of both.

In58men
You're a ****ing moron if you have any problem with that stat line.

Nope, but I'm sure his 3rd down conversion rate didn't have anything to do with it.

Mav
His troll game has been pretty strong lately

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:55 PM
I bet everyone will be quiet when Carr beats Smith

TimBone
09-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Inmen just follows Clay around mimicking his posts trying to troll along side him, except for he's not nearly as amusing or good at it.

He's the new Sweet Daddy Hate.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 05:58 PM
I bet everyone will be quiet when Carr beats Smith

It will be the defense's fault.

In58men
09-01-2014, 05:58 PM

True. Our QB is golden and he doesn't deserve any flack for losing.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 06:00 PM
True. Our QB is golden and he doesn't deserve any flack for losing.

Meanwhile, guys like Romo will catch hell for putting up 500 yards and 48 points and losing.

Only on CP.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Inmen just follows Clay around mimicking his posts trying to troll along side him, except for he's not nearly as amusing or good at it.

He's the new Sweet Daddy Hate.

Um you should go back to win we first traded for him. I believe Clay was all for him at first.

tk13
09-01-2014, 06:01 PM

I don't see why. It was Alex Smith's fault we lost the playoff game and we scored 44 freaking points.

carlos3652
Oakland and Jaguars know what it takes to be competitive.

Yup, checkout all the HOF QB's they have had in the past... They sure know what it takes...

Derek Carr
Carson Palmer,
Jason Campbell,
Kyle Boller,
Charlie Frye,
Bruce Gradkowski,
Jamarcus Russel,
Josh McCown,
Andrew Walter,
Marcus Tuiasosopo,
Arron Brooks.

Blaine Gabbert
Luke McCown
David Garrard
Todd Bouman
Trent Edwards
David Garrard
Quinn Gray
Byron Leftwich

Hammock Parties
So if someone agrees with me they are just a copycat. LMAO

Whatever.

A lot of fans probably feel like me: tired of the same old franchise doing the same old fucking shit.

Well, I used to be like those fans. Every little move the Chiefs made, I found justification for. I thought it would work out. Chiefs! And when things didn't work out, I found something else to be fooled about.

Not anymore. I don't go to fucking TGI Friday's, hoping I'll have a good meal. And I don't go to fucking Chiefs games, hoping I'll watch a good football team.

When I want a good meal, I go to a good restaurant. So I'm gonna sit here and starve myself until the Chiefs decide to serve me one instead of warmed-up bullshit.

Reerun_KC
Hey Inmen, do you let GoChiefs go in dry or does he get to use his saliva?
Holy crap! WOW.

O.city
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Yup, checkout all the HOF QB's they have had in the past... They sure know what it takes...

Derek Carr
Carson Palmer,
Jason Campbell,
Kyle Boller,
Charlie Frye,
Bruce Gradkowski,
Jamarcus Russel,
Josh McCown,
Andrew Walter,
Marcus Tuiasosopo,
Arron Brooks.

Blaine Gabbert
Luke McCown
David Garrard
Todd Bouman
Trent Edwards
David Garrard
Quinn Gray
Byron Leftwich

An they're worse off than the chiefs how?

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Um you should go back to win we first traded for him. I believe Clay was all for him at first.

Nope. Hated Smith trade from the beginning. Swore up and down before it happened that Reid and Co. were too smart to do such a dumb thing. Kept swearing all offseason they were too smart to extend him before he's even beaten one winning team.

Now I know they're dumb.

carlos3652
09-01-2014, 06:04 PM
An they're worse off than the chiefs how?

Did not say they were - Just love the QB hate around here - I guess Alex Smith is worse than all those guys...

kcxiv
09-01-2014, 06:06 PM
if you watch football and see how other teams win and are constantly winnings, its not hard to see that we are doing it the hardest way possible.

I dont get how fans can still hold faith in the same failed attempt. Is it possible to fall assbackwards into a superbowl? yes, but you would need one of the best defenses to have ever played the game or are at least in that argument. Anyone really think our defense has that potential?

yeah, i didnt think so.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Nope. Hated Smith trade from the beginning. Swore up and down before it happened that Reid and Co. were too smart to do such a dumb thing. Kept swearing all offseason they were too smart to extend him before he's even beaten one winning team.

Now I know they're dumb.

True. A refresher is necessary sometimes with me. People can say what they want, but my thoughts still stand from day of this signing. It was a dumb fucking move.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Those stats look good on paper, but the majority of fans don't look at the big picture of his performance.

You mean like the dumbasses who can't figure out why every single team in the league often throws short on 3rd and long?

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:12 PM
You mean like the dumbasses who can't figure out why every single team in the league often throws short on 3rd and long?

But they convert

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 06:14 PM
But they convert

LMAO

Yeah, that must be why the Chiefs are the only team in the NFL to carry a punter.

ChiefsCountry
09-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Meanwhile, guys like Romo will catch hell for putting up 500 yards and 48 points and losing.

Only on CP.

The other classic one is where our draft picks need time to evaluate them but other team's suck and will stay the same.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:15 PM
LMAO

Yeah, that must be why the Chiefs are the only team in the NFL to carry a punter.

As much as we punt we should carry two

ChiefsCountry
09-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Gutsy call for the Raiders. I like to let a rookie take his time and let a vet do work for awhile before throwing him to the wolves. But if they think he is ready then more power to them.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:16 PM

Alex Smith throws short on third and 4.

http://i.imgur.com/sukhkhh.gif

And third and 3.

http://i.imgur.com/GmQWjYW.gif

And 2nd and 3.

http://i.imgur.com/7AMFqRu.gif

And 2nd and 10.

http://i.imgur.com/xup1auB.gif

And 2nd and 29.

http://i.imgur.com/iqTj2OB.gif

Mr. Flopnuts
09-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Nope, but I'm sure his 3rd down conversion rate didn't have anything to do with it.

That stat line you put up would indicate Charles didn't get into the end zone. That would be a big deal.

Hootie
2nd and 29 eh? That's a realistic series to expect a 1st down out of.

Hammock Parties
2nd and 29 eh? That's a realistic series to expect a 1st down out of.

Throw it out, genious.

Alex never met an open receiver running a 1-yard out he didn't like.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Those gifs are going to give me nightmares.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Alex Smith throws short on third and 4.

http://i.imgur.com/sukhkhh.gif

And third and 3.

http://i.imgur.com/GmQWjYW.gif

And 2nd and 3.

http://i.imgur.com/7AMFqRu.gif

And 2nd and 10.

http://i.imgur.com/xup1auB.gif

And 2nd and 29.

http://i.imgur.com/iqTj2OB.gif

You really don't understand how Reid's plays are designed, do you? It's hilarious. ROFL

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:22 PM
You really don't understand how Reid's plays are designed, do you? It's hilarious. ROFL

Reid better get a new fucking design, because his shit isn't working.

Hammock Parties

I understand there is a deep element in the west coast offense. There is in every offense, come on.

I also understand that if Alex Smith thinks he can get the ball out of his hands as fast as possible, fuck all other options, he's hitting the short guy because that's the safest thing he can possibly do.

Alex reads short to deep. I don't want that.

Hootie
bob loblaw

O.city
09-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Designed to not get first downs?

tk13
09-01-2014, 06:26 PM
People have pounded the drum the entire time I've been here, heck back since when Gunther was coach, that we needed a QB who could step up in important situations.

We have a QB who played out of his mind and carried the team on his back in a postseason game, and what we're sitting here debating is 2nd and 29 calls in the preseason.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 06:31 PM
As much as we punt we should carry two

Feel free to go check his splits.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1jb8aS6.jpg

Bowser
09-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Better than 34.0

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1jb8aS6.jpg

Now you're just copying everything I'm saying. Quit following me.

LoneWolf
09-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I understand there is a deep element in the west coast offense. There is in every offense, come on.

I also understand that if Alex Smith thinks he can get the ball out of his hands as fast as possible, **** all other options, he's hitting the short guy because that's the safest thing he can possibly do.

You really know nothing about the game of football. You commenting on the game at all is laughable. You've never played the game and obviously never been around many people who know the intricacies of the game. You're one if the many reasons I think PFF is a shit website. Guys like you who have no life and no knowledge can get "hired" by PFF and people take their analysis as gospel.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:38 PM
You really know nothing about the game of football. You commenting on the game at all is laughable. You've never played the game and obviously never been around many people who know the intricacies of the game. You're one if the many reasons I think PFF is a shit website. Guys like you who have no life and no knowledge can get "hired" by PFF and people take their analysis as gospel.

What I said was true.

The people who know nothing about football are the same people that think Alex can take this team anywhere.

He can't. It is literally impossible.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:38 PM

You're right because Alex Smith is a gun slinger.........said nobody ever

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 06:39 PM

I also understand that if Alex Smith thinks he can get the ball out of his hands as fast as possible, fuck all other options, he's hitting the short guy because that's the safest thing he can possibly do.

Yet you still cant give factual evidence of the play call, formation, reads, line calls, hot reads, or anything else.

Your assumptions are meaningless unless you can present any substance to your whining.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Designed to not get first downs?

Chiefs were 14th in first downs last year, and 6th in points per game. You people really need to get better material.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
What I said was true.

The people who know nothing about football are the same people that think Alex can take this team anywhere.

He can't. It is literally impossible.
Pure speculation.

O.city
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Chiefs were 14th in first downs last year, and 6th in points per game. You people really need to get better material.

Your sarcasm meter needs an adjustment

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I don't see why. It was Alex Smith's fault we lost the playoff game and we scored 44 freaking points.

I'd expect that from most of these homers, but not you.

It certainly wasn't all of his fault, but going 2/7 on 3rd down and only scoring FG's when given a short field over the last 26 minutes certainly plays a role.

LoneWolf
09-01-2014, 06:42 PM
You're right because Alex Smith is a gun slinger.........said nobody ever

Nobody said that. Watch the gifs Clay posted and show me the deep routes being ran. The throw to Charles in the flat was a designed play. The WR missed a block. The one close to the end zone had two receivers in the end zone and both were double covered.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Yet you still cant give factual evidence of the play call, formation, reads, line calls, hot reads, or anything else.

Your assumptions are meaningless unless you can present any substance to your whining.

Where is the evidence for the other side?

Do you have inside information that obviates Alex's conservative style of play?

Or is it more likely there is absolutely ZERO rebuttal to the evidence I HAVE presented and you are talking out your ass?

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:45 PM
The throw to Charles in the flat was a designed play. The WR missed a block.

Bullshit. Alex made a read and pulled the trigger because he saw his bubby open.

Total bullshit read and throw that got Charles killed.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd expect that from most of these homers, but not you.

It certainly wasn't all of his fault, but going 2/7 on 3rd down and only scoring FG's when given a short field over the last 26 minutes certainly plays a role.

Everything and everyone plays a role, because nobody's perfect. You're being deliberately misleading. Pointing the finger at Smith for that loss is asinine, and you know it. You're better than that bullshit. Leave that level of stupidity to Clay and his trolling.

BigCatDaddy
09-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Derek Carr
Carson Palmer,
Jason Campbell,
Kyle Boller,
Charlie Frye,
Bruce Gradkowski,
Jamarcus Russel,
Josh McCown,
Andrew Walter,
Marcus Tuiasosopo,
Arron Brooks.

Blaine Gabbert
Luke McCown
David Garrard
Todd Bouman
Trent Edwards
David Garrard
Quinn Gray
Byron Leftwich

You forgot Brunnel and Gannon, but hey why bring up facts that go against your argument right?

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Where is the evidence for the other side?

Do you have inside information that obviates Alex's conservative style of play?

Or is it more likely there is absolutely ZERO rebuttal to the evidence I HAVE presented and you are talking out your ass?
Nice deflection Clayanus. You are the one acting like you have all the answers and blasting your pff stats to present your case.

You are quick to post these gifs but deflect your ass off when you get called out to give facts to back up your case.

Typical MO of your rebuttals.

TambaBerry
I agree with clay. To win in this league you have to take shots down field. Why the fuck do you not try on 2 and 29? Who the fuck cares if you throw an interception. Throw it up and let your receiver make a play.

Reerun_KC
Bullshit. Alex made a read and pulled the trigger because he saw his bubby open.

Total bullshit read and throw that got Charles killed.
Of course. Cause you know his read progression.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:49 PM
I agree with clay. To win in this league you have to take shots down field. Why the **** do you not try on 2 and 29? Who the **** cares if you throw an interception. Throw it up and let your receiver make a play.

It's not safe to do. We must stick with the screens. Charles is our only hope for success.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Everything and everyone plays a role, because nobody's perfect. You're being deliberately misleading. Pointing the finger at Smith for that loss is asinine, and you know it. You're better than that bullshit. Leave that level of stupidity to Clay and his trolling.

Bullshit?

He played a tremendous 34 minutes. But he didn't do enough to close out the game.

Again, these guys want to have it both ways.

When we're 9-0, it's a team game. When we're 2-6, it's the defense's fault.

Alex has a good game, the fault lies elsewhere. When Romo, Stafford, Ryan etc lose a game while scoring 35+, they didn't do enough.

Parker said it best - ANY criticism of Alex means you're a fucking hater. So my opinion is bullshit?

Fuck that noise.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Of course. Cause you know his read progression.

Anybody can figure it out. He has tunnel vision for Charles.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Anybody can figure it out. He has tunnel vision for Charles.
This is starting to get comical.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM
You are the one acting like you have all the answers and blasting your pff stats to present your case.

The truth is obvious. People just don't want to accept it.

Alex has played scared his whole career. Doesn't matter if it was SF or KC.

You need more evidence confirming your worst fears because you refuse to accept the truth that's right in front of you.

In58men
09-01-2014, 06:53 PM
This is starting to get comical.

You talking about me or Alex Smiths on field performance?

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM

You need more evidence confirming your worst fears because you refuse to accept the truth that's right in front of you.

LMAO Holy fucking drama queen, Batman!

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM

My fears or accepting truth? Very little truth has been presented. Mostly speculation and agenda driven bullshit.
You are the most vocal whiner about this topic. The better you present your case with credible evidence the more people will take you serious.

Until then you might as well accept that people don't put much stock into what you say.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Bullshit?

He played a tremendous 34 minutes. But he didn't do enough to close out the game.

Again, these guys want to have it both ways.

When we're 9-0, it's a team game. When we're 2-6, it's the defense's fault.

Alex has a good game, the fault lies elsewhere. When Romo, Stafford, Ryan etc lose a game while scoring 35+, they didn't do enough.

Parker said it best - ANY criticism of Alex means you're a ****ing hater. So my opinion is bullshit?

**** that noise.

Yes, bullshit. And you know it.

And don't give me the hater nonsense, either, because I'm not an Alex Smith groupie, and I don't think he's anything more than a competent QB.

When a QB has a great day and his team loses, we don't blame the QB unless he completely shits himself at the end, the way a guy like Cutler is wont to do. You can give him that game, and look at others instead.

For all the bitching about "Any criticism of Alex", you and yours pull the same thing about "Any praise or defense of Alex".

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Yes, bullshit. And you know it.

And don't give me the hater nonsense, either, because I'm not an Alex Smith groupie, and I don't think he's anything more than a competent QB.

When a QB has a great day and his team loses, we don't blame the QB unless he completely shits himself at the end, the way a guy like Cutler is wont to do. You can give him that game, and look at others instead.

For all the bitching about "Any criticism of Alex", you and yours pull the same thing about "Any praise or defense of Alex".

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit here.

And regarding your last line, that's completely bullshit considering I've personally given him credit for the way he played in the first half of the playoff game, as well as how he played in the SD game and parts of the Denver game.

I've had no trouble praising him - but I'm not going to do it over a 180/1/0 performance just because he didn't turn the ball over.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I'm calling bullshit here.

And regarding your last line, that's completely bullshit considering I've personally given him credit for the way he played in the first half of the playoff game, as well as how he played in the SD game and parts of the Denver game.

I've had no trouble praising him - but I'm not going to do it over a 180/1/0 performance just because he didn't turn the ball over.

Your second paragraph proves my point.

Your third is just retarded.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 07:03 PM
My fears or accepting truth? Very little truth has been presented. .

And facts about how Alex is playing now.

Facts about he has played his whole career.

Do you think it's just coincidence he sucked on third down in SF and in KC? That he refused to throw down the field in both cities?

JUST HAPPENED FOR NO REASONS AT ALL MAN

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 07:04 PM
LMAO Holy fucking drama queen, Batman!

It's very dramatic.

It's a tragedy.

Four years of tragedy perpetrated upon the good people of Kansas City once again.

I will weep silently for them.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Suit yourself. I should have known better than to think you wanted to actually have a discussion.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM
You talking about me or Alex Smiths on field performance?

The Smiff Haters....

Alex can come or go, I can take him or leave him, makes zero difference to me. This Franchise is not commited to winning a Super Bowl therefore I dont have to be committed as fan...

Alex or not, we are not winning anything in the next 5+ years.

So all the yardbirds whining about Smith are becoming comical.

RobBlake
"I knew we should have drafted that Devonta Freeman kid out of FSU! You need proof? Here's a gif of him ramming it 4 yards up the middle for a 1st down against Carolina's 3rd string defense".

Carr marched down the field on Seattle 1st string defense ended up scoring. also got a pass on sherman

tecumseh
Sooo. back to the OP. If we put alot of pressure on Carr, I think we'll be ok in our first matchup. Second meeting, our secondary better have a qlue.

TambaBerry
You will never win anything playing it safe. Look at all the super bowls that have been won. How many qbs like Alex have won anything?

In58men
09-01-2014, 07:07 PM
The Smiff Haters....

Alex can come or go, I can take him or leave him, makes zero difference to me. This Franchise is not commited to winning a Super Bowl therefore I dont have to be committed as fan...

Alex or not, we are not winning anything in the next 5+ years.

So all the yardbirds whining about Smith are becoming comical.

We could win if we had coaches with real QB knowledge like Harbaugh.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Suit yourself. I should have known better than to think you wanted to actually have a discussion.

The Chiefs scored 13 points in the second half, and you talk as if all the offense did was go out there and fall on their dicks.

You're the one not interested in a discussion.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 07:08 PM
This Franchise is not commited to winning a Super Bowl therefore I dont have to be committed as fan...

Very good sir.

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 07:08 PM
We could win if we had coaches with real QB knowledge like Harbaugh.

Agree...

Had fun gents, off to watch film with my son... Games start for real on Friday night...

Reerun_KC
09-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Very good sir.

Thanks for the banter. Have a good evening....

vailpass
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM

Anyone whose lined up in an NFL slot as long as he has isn't scared of the game...

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
The Chiefs scored 13 points in the second half, and you talk as if all the offense did was go out there and fall on their dicks.

You're the one not interested in a discussion.

10 of those points were scored from an average field position of the Colts 23 yard line.

Had the other 3 been 7, we may not be having this discussion - but Smith decides to throw for a loss of 4 on second down and 7, leading to a 3rd and long and settling for a FG.

Sounds like the defense everyone wants to blame played a large role in those points you speak of.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Alex played a fantastic 60 minute playoff game. Anyone who says/thinks otherwise is incorrect.

WakkaWakka
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
The Raiders get it...

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
You will never win anything playing it safe. Look at all the super bowls that have been won. How many qbs like Alex have won anything?

Yeah, because he plays it so safe in the playoffs. Dumbasses.LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2014, 07:19 PM
People pining for the way the Raiders do things...gimme a break :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Alex played a fantastic 60 minute playoff game. Anyone who says/thinks otherwise is incorrect.

Says the guy who literally gave away all his shit after the game.

But the rest of us are overreacting.

Performing well above your pay grade for 34 minutes doesn't excuse you when you fail to close out the game over the last 26.

You of all people should get this, considering how many times you've had to defend Romo for better performances that happened to result in a loss.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:23 PM
if Tom Brady played the exact same guy Alex Smith played everyone would've been like "dude Brady is so clutch how the fuck did the defense lose that game after Brady turned in a performance like that!"

at no point, in my 5 hours of total meltdown, did I think "Alex Smith sure fucked us today!"

I thought he played a hell of a game...was the best player on the field by far that day, including Andrew Luck.

Well maybe T.Y. Hilton has a case for that but regardless...

anyone who suggests Smith wasn't fucking awesome that playoff game is just wrong

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 07:25 PM
10 of those points were scored from an average field position of the Colts 23 yard line.

Had the other 3 been 7, we may not be having this discussion - but Smith decides to throw for a loss of 4 on second down and 7, leading to a 3rd and long and settling for a FG.

Sounds like the defense everyone wants to blame played a large role in those points you speak of.

Not counting kneel downs, the Chiefs scored on 8 of 12 drives in that game.
Not counting kneel downs, the Colts scored on 7 of 12 drives in that game.

You're damned right that people should be blaming the defense in that game. And, if Bowe had made that last catch, and you were a Colts fan, you'd be blaming the Colts defense for losing the game. And you'd be right.

The Chiefs defense surrendered 5 touchdowns in the Colts last 6 drives, after being staked to a huge lead. There's your game, right there.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Romo played a hell of a game in the postseason loss to the Giants the first year the Giants won the Super Bowl with Eli.

He was insanely good...and the game ended with him throwing a pick in the end zone (a desperation 4th down heave)...

he was the best player on the field that day, too

it is a team sport...and having a good QB is definitely the easiest way to win important games

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Not counting kneel downs, the Chiefs scored on 8 of 12 drives in that game.
Not counting kneel downs, the Colts scored on 7 of 12 drives in that game.

You're damned right that people should be blaming the defense in that game. And, if Bowe had made that last catch, and you were a Colts fan, you'd be blaming the Colts defense for losing the game. And you'd be right.

The Chiefs defense surrendered 5 touchdowns in the Colts last 6 drives, after being staked to a huge lead. There's your game, right there.

all in less than 2 minutes

I don't blame the defense, either.

I blame the coaching staff. 100%

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Smith played probably the best game of his career in Indianapolis. I give him full credit for that. I don't know if he's capable of playing at that level again, but regardless of what he did, if Reid would have just ran the goddamned ball a few times it probably wouldn't have mattered.

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
if Tom Brady played the exact same guy Alex Smith played everyone would've been like "dude Brady is so clutch how the fuck did the defense lose that game after Brady turned in a performance like that!"

at no point, in my 5 hours of total meltdown, did I think "Alex Smith sure fucked us today!"

I thought he played a hell of a game...was the best player on the field by far that day, including Andrew Luck.

Well maybe T.Y. Hilton has a case for that but regardless...

anyone who suggests Smith wasn't fucking awesome that playoff game is just wrong

You're moving the goalposts. He was awesome. Especially for him.

For 34 minutes.

Luck made three mistakes and STILL WON THE GAME.

Romo got roasted here for throwing for 500 yards and putting up 48 points and losing. Don't give me this shit about what you "think" these ass clowns would say, they've gone out of their way to minimize any extraordinary performance from guys like Romo, Stafford, Ryan, etc.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
we got up by 28 and the coaching staff panicked

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Says the guy who literally gave away all his shit after the game.

But the rest of us are overreacting.

Performing well above your pay grade for 34 minutes doesn't excuse you when you fail to close out the game over the last 26.

You of all people should get this, considering how many times you've had to defend Romo for better performances that happened to result in a loss.

Romo has all of the weapons that any QB would need in the world around him, including his offensive line. It's his damn fault for losing a game when he inevitably tosses that boneheaded INT to lose the game.

Smith had Bowe and a bag of shit to work with in the playoff game and still put up 44 points in spite of the lack of talent around him. Is it his fault that the defense couldn't hold on to a 20+ point lead while being spotted another 13 points in less than 2 quarters of play? Was it Smith's fault that the one guy that he had to count on for the final offensive play ultimately failed him by stepping out of bounds on a pass down field?

It's not like Smith threw an INT to lose the game like Romo does, he put the ball in a place that would allow his supposed #1 caliber WR to make a play and stay in bounds, and the WR failed him. He led the team to what should have been an insurmountable lead in the game, and the defense with all of its highly praised players (yes I'm looking at Houston, Poe, Hali, Johnson, and Berry) put up a steaming pile of shit with their effort and literally gave the game away.

But no, it's Alex's fault. ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Smith played probably the best game of his career in Indianapolis. I give him full credit for that. I don't know if he's capable of playing at that level again, but regardless of what he did, if Reid would have just ran the goddamned ball a few times it probably wouldn't have mattered.

I agree that he played the best game of his career.

That doesn't excuse scoring 3 points unassisted over the last 26 minutes in a game you see getting away from the defense.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't really care what anyone else thinks I consider myself to be realistic and at the end of the day I would rather see Alex Smith be a true franchise QB opposed to some who'd rather see him fail so they can tell everyone "I told you so."

I will never rewatch that game again...but I'm pretty sure if I did, I'd still think, "damn, Alex played fucking good today!"

and the fact that game exists and that performance exists out of Alex tells me he can be a franchise QB in this league

The dude has strung together 3 solid years in a row now...and this will be year 2 in a new system for him...

so I expect him to have a good fucking year

and if he doesn't? I'll be the first one to say, "wow, Alex Smith really disappointed me this year."

I think he's around the 12th-15th best QB (which isn't great) with some upside (as seen in the Indy game) and I certainly wouldn't trade him for Joe fucking Flacco.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I agree that he played the best game of his career.

That doesn't excuse scoring 3 points unassisted over the last 26 minutes in a game you see getting away from the defense.

This is the kind of post that shows you don't want to even try being reasonable.

To repeat: The Chiefs scored on 8 of 12 drives

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2014, 07:33 PM
You slapdicks like OldSchool, don't even bother responding. I've heard all of the excuses.

Hootie, Hamas, Deez, Pest, SNR, etc - it's been a fun 9 years. You know where to find me.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:34 PM
you're off your rocker on this one, OTWP

Smith played an excellent game. If that was Tom Brady and the Pats instead of the Chiefs and they lost the game NO ONE would have been like, "well Tom only played 34 good minutes god damnit!"

No one.

It's really simple. The coaching staff panicked and played "not to lose" football and it cost us. I knew it when we went up 38-10 that the game was far from over and I even said it to my buddy (Colts fan) who was having a fucking breakdown in the seat next to me.

It was super embarrassing coaching. Plain and simple. Alex didn't have a bad drive the entire game. Even when he fumbled the ball I can't even fault him...dude was trying to make a play and Mathis is just a hell of a defender.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:36 PM
You slapdicks like OldSchool, don't even bother responding. I've heard all of the excuses.

Hootie, Hamas, Deez, Pest, SNR, etc - it's been a fun 9 years. You know where to find me.

Just give Smith a chance, man

Why not? It'll be more fun that way.

Otherwise it's going to be another shitty 5 years for you as a fan...because Smith isn't going anywhere.

So as a Chiefs fan...lets hope we see some more Indy games out of this guy. Like, a lot more.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 07:37 PM
You're moving the goalposts. He was awesome. Especially for him.

For 34 minutes.

Luck made three mistakes and STILL WON THE GAME.

Romo got roasted here for throwing for 500 yards and putting up 48 points and losing. Don't give me this shit about what you "think" these ass clowns would say, they've gone out of their way to minimize any extraordinary performance from guys like Romo, Stafford, Ryan, etc.

Romo got blasted because he choked by throwing an INT when he had the chance to move his team down the field and win the game. He completely choked hard when the pressure was at its highest, like he always does and like all of these Fantasy Football QBs do. Here's the play, watch the RB.

http://tireball.com/nfl/files/2013/10/romoint.gif

That's why Romo got blasted, same reason why Kaepernick got blasted for his final play vs the Seahawks.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Smith played an excellent game. If that was Tom Brady and the Pats instead of the Chiefs and they lost the game NO ONE would have been like, "well Tom only played 34 good minutes god damnit!"

Kelly Holcomb once threw for 429 yards and 3 TD in a playoff loss for the Browns. They should have given him $45 million after that. Hell he was only 29.

Allow me to add to the list of bums who had impressive one-and-done playoff performances:

Jeff George (423/4)
Don Strock (403/4)
Bernie Kosar (356/3)
Tommy Maddox (367/3) (and hell he actually won, but it didn't stop the Steelers from taking Big Ben)

All of those guys should have been given huge contracts after those amazing playoff performances. AM I RIGHT?

Coochie liquor
09-01-2014, 07:39 PM
ROFL true.

It's been done about 38 times last season. He runs before the receivers can run their routes. Doesn't take much to scare him.

You still crying?? Might wanna have mommy change your diaper!

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Kelly Holcomb once threw for 429 yards and 3 TD in a playoff loss for the Browns. They should have given him $45 million after that. Hell he was only 29.

Allow me to add to the list of bums who had impressive one-and-done playoff performances:

Jeff George (423/4)
Don Strock (403/4)
Bernie Kosar (356/3)
Tommy Maddox (367/3) (and hell he actually won, but it didn't stop the Steelers from taking Big Ben)

All of those guys should have been given huge contracts after those amazing playoff performances. AM I RIGHT?

Warning: Goalposts being moved

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Warning: Goalposts being moved

Alex played a great game. I applauded him during and afterwards.

I don't think that one game is in any way indicative of his abilities long term or on any kind of consistent basis.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:44 PM
First off...that really wasn't that bad of a play by Romo. It just wasn't.

Secondly...

The Kaepernick play wasn't bad at all. Sherman just made a historically good play.

the NFL is a game of inches

You should know that as a Pats fan. The Pats literally got incredibly unlucky the last two Super Bowls they were in...they should've won both of those games. (Samuel dropped INT, helmet catch, Moss overthrow at the end, Welker drop)...

of course, that's karma for the spygate cheating bullshit

I wonder if Tom Brady will ever win a non-tainted Super Bowl?

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
We'll see. I think Alex is every bit as good as Matt Ryan. If he builds on that game against Indy and keeps working / getting comfortable with Reid I don't have an issue with Alex Smith one bit

If Joe fucking Flacco can win a Super Bowl...

Coochie liquor
09-01-2014, 07:47 PM
No. But a rex Ryan d is tough.

Except their secondary is worse than ours! But Geno ain't shit anyway!

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 07:48 PM
If Joe fucking Flacco can win a Super Bowl...

Joe Flacco won a SB because fired a fucking cannon shot heard round the world against Denver.

Alex lacks the physical ability to make that throw, and probably wouldn't even attempt it.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 07:48 PM
First off...that really wasn't that bad of a play by Romo. It just wasn't.

Secondly...

The Kaepernick play wasn't bad at all. Sherman just made a historically good play.

the NFL is a game of inches

You should know that as a Pats fan. The Pats literally got incredibly unlucky the last two Super Bowls they were in...they should've won both of those games. (Samuel dropped INT, helmet catch, Moss overthrow at the end, Welker drop)...

of course, that's karma for the spygate cheating bullshit

I wonder if Tom Brady will ever win a non-tainted Super Bowl?

It was a very bad play by Romo. He tried to fit a ball between 3 defenders when he had a guy wide open underneath who could have gotten more yards than Witten would have anyways. Plus, it's not like it was 4th down, he had several downs to work with. It was the same thing with Kaepernick, plenty of time to work with, boneheaded decision to throw at the best fade route defender in the game when he had multiple open receivers to work with on the other side of the field.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 07:52 PM
It was a very bad play by Romo. He tried to fit a ball between 3 defenders when he had a guy wide open underneath who could have gotten more yards than Witten would have anyways. Plus, it's not like it was 4th down, he had several downs to work with. It was the same thing with Kaepernick, plenty of time to work with, boneheaded decision to throw at the best fade route defender in the game when he had multiple open receivers to work with on the other side of the field.

Disagree and disagree.

It wasn't a great pass by Romo, by any means, slight underthrow...but it's the NFL, things move fast. Great play by the LB'er.

Kaepernick threw a fade route to his best receiver in the end zone...that pass should have NEVER been picked off. It should have either been caught, or gone out of bounds...great pass.

Sherman just made an all-time great and smart play. I mean, I can't believe someone looks at that play and then assigns some sort of blame to Kaepernick because of it. The Romo one? Ok. Fine. Dude threw for over 500 yards and scored like 50 points but sure...it was a so/so play.

The Kaepernick one? Give me a break.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
09-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Dumb. That first touchdown was against Seattle's starters.

Seattle's backups aren't exactly scrubs either. They could probably start on other teams.

Mav
09-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Disagree and disagree.

It wasn't a great pass by Romo, by any means, slight underthrow...but it's the NFL, things move fast. Great play by the LB'er.

Kaepernick threw a fade route to his best receiver in the end zone...that pass should have NEVER been picked off. It should have either been caught, or gone out of bounds...great pass.

Sherman just made an all-time great and smart play. I mean, I can't believe someone looks at that play and then assigns some sort of blame to Kaepernick because of it. The Romo one? Ok. Fine. Dude threw for over 500 yards and scored like 50 points but sure...it was a so/so play.

No. The 49ers best receiver last year was boldin, and if he had not predetermined where he was going, he could of found vernon who was 1 on 1 with a lb. Terrible decision, terrible throw.

Terrible qb......

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Romo waited about 1/16 of a second too long on that throw. That wasn't a terrible decision, just not good enough.

ChiefsCountry
09-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Meh. Don't it let it bother you. The Chiefs have granted the "True Fan" types their wish. They all wanted a retread safe QB and a first overall pick left tackle. This is the team they want. Its their bed to sleep in. Chiefs football is going to be nice to watch with no expectations at all.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Disagree and disagree.

Great throw and decision? Right, target the best CB in the game who has intercepted you virtually every time that you played against him. Great pass? More like underthrown lob to a WR who wasn't open anyways. He has Patton open in the flat to the left, Vernon Davis 1 on 1 against a LB, and Boldin running free down the seam. It was a terrible decision and a mediocre fade pass made even worse because it happened, not on 4th down, but on 1st with plenty of time on the clock and multiple time outs to work with.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:09 PM
it was a safe pass that Sherman made a great play on

omg you guys are ridiculous

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Colin Kaepernick was the best player on the field in that playoff loss, too

ChiefsCountry
09-01-2014, 08:11 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6146187776/hD10FA206/

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Well for the quarters any way. He was absolutely awful in the 4th qtr hootie.

He got exposed. They kept him in the pocket, and he failed.

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
it was a safe pass that Sherman made a great play on

omg you guys are ridiculous
I'm a kaep hater. Admittedly.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:13 PM
dude almost single-handedly beats Seattle IN THEIR house (which is a ridiculous home field advantage) in the NFC Championship game and we have posters who think he's terrible

uhm, what?

did we not see what that team, on a neutral field, did to Peyton Manning two weeks later?

Holy shit. That performance totally vindicated Colin Kaepernick, or at least should have, to all of his haters.

Kaep / Wilson / Rodgers / Luck

Those are the new crop of true franchise guys.

ChiefsCountry
09-01-2014, 08:14 PM
dude almost single-handedly beats Seattle IN THEIR house (which is a ridiculous home field advantage) in the NFC Championship game and we have posters who think he's terrible

uhm, what?

Its the Alexuals cult from the 49ers who think he is horrible because he replaced their idol.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Kaep made one horrible play, admittedly. But it's against the best defense I've seen in quite some time, on their turf...

He still played a really good football game against a really good team. The final throw wasn't bad by any means...he gave his guy a chance to make a play, but, unfortunately, his guy was M.E.D.I.O.C.R.E and the defender was not.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-w6M8lmqVtis/UtyPva9jE5I/AAAAAAAAFbs/0FzBj8uTzEg/s400/STIP.gif

Good protection. Wide open Patton in the flat to the left, Davis is about to come free on an out, Boldin is about to come free down the seam, and Sherman is on Crabtree like glue. Kaepernick decides to throw to the guy who's actually covered by the best corner in the league. ROFL

I'm sure that the Seahawks fans were in tears with laughter once Kaepernick released that ball and didn't bother looking at his other reads.

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Its the Alexuals cult from the 49ers who think he is horrible because he replaced their idol.
Lol.

Dude, how is matt Barkley doing?

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Laugh all you want. More playoff wins than Alex will ever have, and he's only started 23 games.

49ers fans won't give a shit about Alex Smith in a couple years.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:18 PM
he threw a fucking fade pass to his best receiver and Sherman made a great play

good lord people

Crabtree certainly didn't do him any favors on that one.

OldSchool
09-01-2014, 08:19 PM

I agree, he was one of the best players for the Seahawks. LMAO

http://www.tampabay.com/resources/images/dti/rendered/2014/01/c4s_seahawks012014_12315931_8col.jpg

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:20 PM

uhm, what?

did we not see what that team, on a neutral field, did to Peyton Manning two weeks later?

Holy shit. That performance totally vindicated Colin Kaepernick, or at least should have, to all of his haters.

His three turnovers when they took away his ability to run is why he is not vindicated.

His inability to find the mismatch, Vernon in an lb or any corner not named sherman on boldin, and once again forcing things he didn't have to are why it is acceptable to question him.

You are defending him, yet, the Colts last year smashed the 49ers on the road, beast Seattle at home, and alex lit them up with out his best player.

So by your logic alex Smith is vindicated as well.

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Laugh all you want. More playoff wins than Alex will ever have, and he's only started 23 games.

He's on a much better team.

Duh?

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:23 PM
wtf does that mean?

I like Alex Smith. Think he's a good QB. He's not anywhere as valuable as Colin Kaepernick...but don't try and tell me Alex Smith is "vindicated"...because I already think he's a solid NFL QB.

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:28 PM
wtf does that mean?

I like Alex Smith. Think he's a good QB. He's not anywhere as valuable as Colin Kaepernick...but don't try and tell me Alex Smith is "vindicated"...because I already think he's a solid NFL QB.
We will just agree to disagree

The fact that the 49ers are constantly trying to upgrade the talent around kaep, proves my point. He has to have elite talent around him to mask his flaws.

Shrugs. Acceptance is just hard for people.

Alex > Kaep

And yah, that's some homer, but there is a lot of truth to it.

Kaepernick
09-01-2014, 08:28 PM

uhm, what?

Yep.

Yep.

Kaepernick
09-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Yep.

Hootie
09-01-2014, 08:30 PM
well I certainly don't need to entertain this debate with Alex Smith's biggest homer and a guy with a username "Kaepernick"

Mav
09-01-2014, 08:33 PM
well I certainly don't need to entertain this debate with Alex Smith's biggest homer and a guy with a username "Kaepernick"
You don't want to debate. You want to be right.

And you want people to cower to your point of view.

I'm the most realistic alex Smith fan there is. I know he's not perfect or to tier.

I know what kaep is, and isn't.

If alex Smith turned the ball over 3 times in the fourth quarter he would be murdered.

Some how that gets kaep vindicated in your book.

To each their own.

TimBone
09-01-2014, 08:39 PM

hahahahaha

Ming the Merciless
09-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Kudos to oakland for at least trying something....

As shit as their franchise is, just looking at their playoff wins versus ours makes me wanna stab myself in the retinas

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 09:41 PM

As shit as their franchise is, just looking at their playoff wins versus ours makes me wanna stab myself in the retinas

They got Matt Schaub to be their starter. That's what they tried. The guy who's arm is falling off.

They drafted a QB (NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND LMAO ) and he didn't shit himself in the preseason game, while the putative starter couldn't complete throws beyond 10 yards.

It came down to a broke arm starter, the rookie 2nd rounder, or the guy about whom the GM said

"We've got two young players who played this year (and) from an experience standpoint there wasn't any, so neither of them stepped up and said, 'I'm the frachise quarterback,'" he told ESPN. "So absolutely, we're going to always continue to upgrade and find that guy. Now how we find them, we'll figure that out in the next few months."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/2062479/matt-mcgloin

The only thing Oakland tried to do was squeeze more years out of a damaged Matt Schaub. Everything else is a result of that. Now, we'll see if Schaub got Wally Pipped or not.

BigCatDaddy
09-01-2014, 09:50 PM
They got Matt Schaub to be their starter. That's what they tried. The guy who's arm is falling off.

They drafted a QB (NOT IN THE FIRST ROUND LMAO ) and he didn't shit himself in the preseason game, while the putative starter couldn't complete throws beyond 10 yards.

It came down to a broke arm starter, the rookie 2nd rounder, or the guy about whom the GM said

The only thing Oakland tried to do was squeeze more years out of a damaged Matt Schaub. Everything else is a result of that. Now, we'll see if Schaub got Wally Pipped or not.

It's funny how sometime these geniuses end up back assing into something. The Chiefs backed ass into an NFL MVP QB and let him go to Oakland :facepalm: Vermeil backed ass into Warner when Green was hurt... The Pats had no idea Brady was worth a shit.... Chip Kelley started Vick ahead of Foles... etc

In58men
09-01-2014, 09:52 PM

I agree man. It's heart breaking

In58men
09-01-2014, 09:54 PM

At least Oakland tries to fix their mistakes. If Carr turns out to be great a 2nd round pick would be well worth it.

Param
09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Draft a young QB and play him. He has looked good in preseason and deserves the chance. Schaub does not. I applaud the Raiders for doing this. If he works, they win. If not? Draft another QB.

Meanwhile the Chiefs give a huge extension to a game manager. While the Raiders shoot for the stars, the Chiefs shoot for average.

In58men
09-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Draft a young QB and play him. He has looked good in preseason and deserves the chance. Schaub does not. I applaud the Raiders for doing this. If he works, they win. If not? Draft another QB.

Meanwhile the Chiefs give a huge extension to a game manager. While the Raiders shoot for the stars, the Chiefs shoot for average.

Bingo

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
You don't draft a QB in the 2nd round, and especially not with pick #36, if you don't evaluate him as a potential starting NFL QB.

They drafted Carr and signed Schaub to keep the seat warm for a couple years. Note that they didn't give Schaub a shit ton of money for no reason.

The plan for the Raiders was probably always to start Carr eventually, the timetable just got moved up.

Now imagine if the Chiefs had:

1. Traded for Alex.

2. Drafted Geno.

3. Not paid Alex.

We could be in the same position the Raiders are in right now. Instead we're stuck with Alex for four years and not even thinking about a contingency plan at the QB position. We're just gonna go checkdown all day and twist in the wind with Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray.

Yahooty.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 09:59 PM
It's funny how sometime these geniuses end up back assing into something. The Chiefs backed ass into an NFL MVP QB and let him go to Oakland :facepalm: Vermeil backed ass into Warner when Green was hurt... The Pats had no idea Brady was worth a shit.... Chip Kelley started Vick ahead of Foles... etc

I agree with you in general, although the Pats/Brady thing is overblown. Rehbein loved him, and the Patriots were the only team that contacted Carr about him.

It's rare that you find a truly top rated coach who's not attached to an all-timer at QB. I think Joe Gibbs may be the only one, unless you put Parcells up that high in the pantheon, though my memory could be off on this.

In58men
09-01-2014, 10:00 PM
You don't draft a QB in the 2nd round, and especially not with pick #36, if you don't evaluate him as a potential starting NFL QB.

They drafted Carr and signed Schaub to keep the seat warm for a couple years. Note that they didn't give Schaub a shit ton of money for no reason.

The plan for the Raiders was probably always to start Carr eventually, the timetable just got moved up.

Now imagine if the Chiefs had:

1. Traded for Alex.

2. Drafted Geno.

3. Not paid Alex.

We could be in the same position the Raiders are in right now. Instead we're stuck with Alex for four years and not even thinking about a contingency plan at the QB position. We're just gonna go checkdown all day and twist in the wind with Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray.

Yahooty.

Sure go ahead, dump more salt into my wound. While you're at it pour some grease over it.

Ming the Merciless
09-01-2014, 10:02 PM

You mean the matt schaub who is about the same age as alex smith , about the same time in the league and yet has better career numbers in most categories?

You mean they ditched a guy who is clearly not going to lead them into the future, and went with a young QB who they actually spent a valuable draft pick on?

You mean Derrick Carr who they got for the price of 1 of the two 2nd round picks we flushed down the toilet?

I dunno man, I like the move...

I admit I dunno shit about Carr...but just the IDEA that there is value in that high second round for QB's shows we couldve done something like this years ago.

Anyway, its a different approach...one that I am jealous to see the Fade trying.

Just Passin' By
09-01-2014, 10:02 PM
At least Oakland tries to fix their mistakes. If Carr turns out to be great a 2nd round pick would be well worth it.

Every team tries to fix its mistakes.

-King-
09-01-2014, 10:04 PM

uhm, what?

Cam Newton is 100x better than Kaepernick. And how did that game vindicate Kaerpernick? 2 picks and 2 fumbles, terrible completion percentage and he's vindicated because he ran a lot?

In58men
09-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Every team tries to fix their mistakes.

While we just bring in mistakes

BigCatDaddy
09-01-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree with you in general, although the Pats/Brady thing is overblown. Rehbein loved him, and the Patriots were the only team that contacted Carr about him.

It's rare that you find a truly top rated coach who's not attached to an all-timer at QB. I think Joe Gibbs may be the only one, unless you put Parcells up that high in the pantheon, though my memory could be off on this.

Right, I guess the other ones were a bit better examples since those guys were right under the Coach/GM's nose and they still didn't quite grasp what they had. Warner a HOF'er, Gannon a league MVP, and Foles a top 10 QB at 24 years of age.

-King-
09-01-2014, 10:12 PM

LMAOLMAO

L.A. Chieffan
09-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Jesus they're still talking about Geno Smith? Didn't you guys learn anything from Mark Sanchez?

Param
09-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Niner fans, in general, give a shit about Alex Smith now?

LMAO

KChiefs1
09-01-2014, 10:17 PM

A smart move by the Raiders? What's the world coming to? Next thing you know We will get to see Kate Upton's hoochy coochy on the Internet.

Beef Supreme
09-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Schaub went from pretty well-thought-of 2nd tier qb to a dumpster fire in hurry.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Schaub went from pretty well-thought-of 2nd tier qb to a dumpster fire in hurry.

Alex is next!

In58men
09-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Jesus they're still talking about Geno Smith? Didn't you guys learn anything from Mark Sanchez?

Jets are doing what it takes to find their QBOTF. Sometimes if you want to be a winner you can't give up. Sanchez at the time was 2nd best QB in the draft, they took their QB not knowing what the future held. It didn't work out, so they didn't give up and got Geno Smith. In case you forgot Geno is only in his 2nd year. Chiefs are always trying to find the easy way out. It's like they don't want their own franchise quarterback. It's like they want to buy a Super Bowl and they're satisfied. I don't want a QB that'll just win us a Super Bowl and we turn out to be shit for the next 10-15 years. I don't want to be like the Broncos.