PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots deflated footballs in AFC title game

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dylan
01-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Game changer.

tk13
01-20-2015, 10:06 PM
That's out of 12 footballs total. So almost all of them were under-inflated.

stonedstooge
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Uh oh

'Hamas' Jenkins
Two firsts, two seconds, five million. These rat cunts need to be taught a lesson.

Bugeater
01-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Burst reactivated.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-20-2015, 10:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/557750391597973505">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

stonedstooge
01-20-2015, 10:09 PM
NOW WHAT ROGER????

penbrook
01-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Two firsts, two seconds, five million. These rat ****s need to be taught a lesson.

Belichick gives no fucks. He's my favorite coach of all time

:clap:

penbrook
01-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Let's not get this twisted now, if you think that the Patriots handed the Colts a ass whooping because of inflated balls you need to get checked out. The Colts just got outmatched

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Let's not get this twisted now, if you think that the Patriots handed the Colts a ass whooping because of inflated balls you need to get checked out. The Colts just got outmatched

So this is what I would post like if someone drove a railroad spike through my frontal lobe.

tk13
01-20-2015, 10:15 PM

I don't think it affected the outcome of the game at all. But I don't get why people keep making this excuse either.

If you think you're not cheating, you're not trying, then I think that's fine... go do it. But... if you do it and get caught, then you serve the punishment. That's the way it works. Cheating then trying to take some kind of moral high ground is crazy.

penbrook
01-20-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't think it affected the outcome of the game at all. But I don't get why people keep making this excuse either.

If you think you're not cheating, you're not trying, then I think that's fine... but, if you do it and get caught, then you do the punishment. That's the way it works. Cheating then trying to take a moral high ground is crazy.

The Patriots ran through the Colts defense all night long so this really doesn't have a affect really

booger
01-20-2015, 10:18 PM

Is Herm Edward your dad?

stonedstooge
01-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Where are our Patriot friends who have disclaimed this story from the beginning? Hum??

LiveSteam
01-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Let me know when the Pats are banned from this SB.
Untell then STFU Skippy Jenkins.

Pablo
01-20-2015, 10:23 PM
I support the slaughter of all first born sons of Pats players as punishment.

Jim Lahey
01-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Should cost the Patriots a draft pick for sure.

not like it mattered anyways..Blount ran all over that defense.

Dylan
01-20-2015, 10:27 PM
NFL rules are there for a reason - to ensure fair competition, and making sure fans' trust the integrity of the league.

That is it in a nutshell.

ShowtimeSBMVP
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lot of speculation that pressure dropped with elements. But it just wasn&#39;t that cold.</p>&mdash; Tom E. Curran (@tomecurran) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/557756057410600960">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

TribalElder
11 of 12 were underinflated

Cheating fucks

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:28 PM
The New England Patriots had 11 of their 12 allotted game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air (PSI) as required by NFL regulations, according to league sources either involved or familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC championship game when the Patriots beat the Colts 45-7 to advance to their sixth Super Bowl.

[+] EnlargeTom Brady
AP Photo/Matt Slocum
The Patriots had 11 of their 12 game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air as required by NFL regulations during the AFC championship game against the Colts, according to league sources.
"We are not commenting at this time," said Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of communications.

Troy Vincent, the league's senior executive vice president of football operations, said earlier Tuesday that the NFL expected to wrap up its investigation in "two or three days."

Yet to be determined is what, if any, penalties may be imposed upon Patriots. One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday.

Part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became under-inflated. The game balls provided to each team for preparation were required to be inspected and approved by referee Walt Anderson two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff before they were returned to each team. No alteration of footballs is allowed once they are approved, under league rules and regulations.

The balls are required be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces.

Brock
01-20-2015, 10:32 PM
The chiefs were cheated way harder than this in 98, and there wasn't a peep about it. I give zero fucks about this.

PizzaDoughz
The New England Patriots had 11 of their 12 allotted game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air (PSI) as required by NFL regulations, according to league sources either involved or familiar with the investigation of Sunday's AFC championship game when the Patriots beat the Colts 45-7 to advance to their sixth Super Bowl.

[+] EnlargeTom Brady
AP Photo/Matt Slocum
The Patriots had 11 of their 12 game footballs under-inflated by 2 pounds of air as required by NFL regulations during the AFC championship game against the Colts, according to league sources.
"We are not commenting at this time," said Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of communications.

Troy Vincent, the league's senior executive vice president of football operations, said earlier Tuesday that the NFL expected to wrap up its investigation in "two or three days."

Yet to be determined is what, if any, penalties may be imposed upon Patriots. One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday.

Part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became under-inflated. The game balls provided to each team for preparation were required to be inspected and approved by referee Walt Anderson two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff before they were returned to each team. No alteration of footballs is allowed once they are approved, under league rules and regulations.

The balls are required be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces.
Que the local Patriot defenders to try and justify blatant cheating yet again.

tk13
Yeah it was around 50 degrees. I can't believe it was caused by weather. Otherwise this would be happening every week around the league.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:33 PM
I hope they get bounced from the big game

Just for the lulz

Brock
01-20-2015, 10:35 PM
One source described the league as "disappointed ... angry ... distraught,"*

:LOL: that has to be a joke.

kcxiv
01-20-2015, 10:36 PM
I dont even think its that big a deal, its not like they had oil on their jersey's. Its a damn football that isnt fully air'ed up.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I dont even think its that big a deal, its not like they had oil on their jersey's. Its a damn football that isnt fully air'ed up.

It's more than that now. Someone intentionally tampered with verified equipment to gain an unfair competitive advantage.

Plus it would be hilarious to watch the fallout from kicking the pats out of the superbowl

kcxiv
01-20-2015, 10:40 PM
It's more than that now. Someone intentionally tampered with verified equipment to gain an unfair competitive advantage.

Plus it would be hilarious to watch the fallout from kicking the pats out of the superbowl

i still dont see that big a deal. Yes, it was wrong, blah blah. dock them some pics fine them and move on. Even if they were leveled up, the wya Luck played they still stood no fucking chance.

tk13
01-20-2015, 10:41 PM

Yeah, but obviously the Patriots felt like they were gaining an advantage, or they wouldn't have done it, right?

Brock
01-20-2015, 10:41 PM
I mean yeah, I'd laugh if the league buttfucked the patriots.

kcxiv
01-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Yeah, but obviously the Patriots felt like they were gaining an advantage, or they wouldn't have done it, right?

i get what your saying, but i still think they would have won. Yes, it shouldnt happen blah blah the rest.

i dont think Deflated balls caused the colts to lose by 38 fucking points.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:44 PM
The only reason Lynch didn't wear the all gold cleats last Sunday was the NFL said they would eject him from the game. The NFL knew he didn't give a fuck about the fine. Repeat offender :shrug:

Pats don't give a shit about pics, they can play scraps

kcxiv
01-20-2015, 10:44 PM
The only reason Lynch didn't wear the all gold cleats last Sunday was the NFL said they would eject him from the game. The NFL knew he didn't give a **** about the fine. Repeat offender :shrug:

Pats don't give a shit about pics, they can play scraps

They are about the money thats why. Everyone knows that. the NFL is sports entertainment. ITs pretty simple

tk13
01-20-2015, 10:45 PM
i get what your saying, but i still think they would have won. Yes, it shouldnt happen blah blah the rest.

i dont think Deflated balls caused the colts to lose by 38 ****ing points.

Of course not, but who cares? They still tried to game the system. You try to cheat, you get caught, you pay. That's it. People argue all the time on this place about how the NFL favors the marquee teams, then something like this happens and everyone sticks up for the Patriots. That's amazing. I don't feel an ounce of pity for them.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:46 PM
If it was only the money they would have just fined him. They also want to show they have the power and control of the league as well.m who is to say they didn't do this vs the Ravens too

Dylan
01-20-2015, 10:46 PM

{{{{{ Ping }}}}} http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:dcrdlj7nQjbVjM:http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/AlexandCrystal/tear.jpg

I truly adore you.

There's nothing more important than making sure not to read any sports news until the week of the Super Bowl.

Pumpkin, your team is in the Super Bowl - that's all that matters.

Just know that my arms are wrapped around you during this difficult time.

This too will pass...

kcxiv
01-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Of course not, but who cares? They still tried to game the system. You try to cheat, you get caught, you pay. That's it. People argue all the time on this place about how the NFL favors the marquee teams, then something like this happens and everyone sticks up for the Patriots. That's amazing. I don't feel an ounce of pity for them.

Im sure they will pay and i agree they should. I said fine them, dock draft picks. if you think they are going to barred them from the most watch 3 hours of TV you are ****ing kidding yourself.

Hundreds of millions of dollars are invested on that Sunday!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 10:49 PM
They aren't going to kick the Patriots out of the Super Bowl. Don't be ridiculous. Given that they are repeat offenders, I do hope the league drops the fucking hammer on them. They tampered with equipment in the second biggest game of the year after already losing picks for repeatedly videotaping other teams against league rules.

Hootie
01-20-2015, 10:50 PM
Lol.

If they suspended Payton a year for bountygate, time for BB to go bye bye for one as well (after the Super Bowl)

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:51 PM
I think kicking the pats out of the big game would cause such a shitstorm that ratings would soar ROFL

Ravens might have a case to get in if that happens though. You know they did the same shit during that game.

LiveSteam
01-20-2015, 10:52 PM
{{{{{ Ping }}}}} http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:dcrdlj7nQjbVjM:http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/AlexandCrystal/tear.jpg

I truly adore you.

There's nothing more important than making sure not to read any sports news until the week of the Super Bowl.

This too will pass...

Awww shucks, now I'm blushing

'Hamas' Jenkins

I hope you were castrated with a spinning drill as soon as you slid from your mother's hairy ass.

kcxiv
i could see them banning the coach from the Superbowl have Josh McDaniels be the coach. haha

tk13
01-20-2015, 10:53 PM
I think kicking the pats out of the big game would cause such a shitstorm that ratings would soar ROFL

Ravens might have a case to get in if that happens though. You know they did the same shit during that game.

For all we know, they could have been doing this for 15 years every time the weather was bad.

Hootie
01-20-2015, 10:56 PM
How much they gonna pay the ball boy to take the fall!?

Ming the Merciless
That's out of 12 footballs total. So almost all of them were under-inflated.

so how does this miracle simultaneously help the pats while hurting indy?

Brock
Somehow I doubt 2015 was the first time this happened

LiveSteam
01-20-2015, 10:57 PM
I hope you were castrated with a spinning drill as soon as you slid from your mother's hairy ass.

Nope. Sorry to disappoint, but didn't happen.
Hey, how are those children of yours, that you asked me to pray for? A thanks would have been nice, but instead I got a neg rep & worthless rant from a worthless human.
Good day sir.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 10:58 PM
For all we know, they could have been doing this for 15 years every time the weather was bad.

Supposedly the colt defender who intercepted a pass from Brady noticed it was a bit flat and told the colts staff who told their gm who told officials who then checked into it. Without that I'm sure they would have got away clean.

Scumbags gonna scumbag

LiveSteam
01-20-2015, 11:00 PM
Oh those tricky Colt's.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 11:00 PM

Each team uses their own balls that they choose. Every QB likes the football a slightly different way, so the team tries to scuff or slick it up as possible.

Brady was throwing an underinflated ball that is easier to catch and throw. Luck wasn't

Hootie
01-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Belichick should probably get a nice vacation. Maybe, since Brady got rid of all that guaranteed money once BB gets suspended for a year he'll ask for his release and Save Our Chiefs! I wouldn't mind a Super Bowl berth and loss for our Chiefs before Brady retires! I'd buy he a #12 !

'Hamas' Jenkins
Nope. Sorry to disappoint, but didn't happen.
Hey, how are those children of yours, that you asked me to pray for? A thanks would have been nice, but instead I got a neg rep & worthless rant from a worthless human.
Good day sir.

I never asked you to pray for anyone. I don't ask people for prayers.

Brock
That may end up being the most expensive interception in history.

GoChargers
01-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Where are all the Pats fans who tried to play this off like it's no big deal?

tk13
01-20-2015, 11:03 PM

Maybe I'm reading your posts wrong but you still don't seem to be getting the basic concept. Each team gets their own set of footballs. The Colts do not use the same footballs the Pats use. Each team is allowed to break them in as they see fit... usually however their QB likes it. When it's pouring down rain, a deflated ball will be easier to grip, throw, and less likely for the ball carriers to fumble.

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Each team uses their own balls that they choose. Every QB likes the football a slightly different way, so the team tries to scuff or slick it up as possible.

Brady was throwing an underinflated ball that is easier to catch and throw. Luck wasn't

well

thats different from what they were saying before

i still think it should be on the refs to clear the balls...according to what I read in the NFL rule book

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Maybe I'm reading your posts wrong but you still don't seem to be getting the basic concept. Each team gets their own set of footballs. The Colts do not use the same footballs the Pats use. Each team is allowed to break them in as they see fit... usually however their QB likes it.

the reason is this is now something they are saying, whereas YESTERDAY they said the home team provided all the balls

I still (from reading the NFL rules) dont see why its not up to the refs to pull balls they think arent proper

Hootie
That may end up being the most expensive interception in history.
Man, I wanted to make this joke

'Hamas' Jenkins
well

i still think it should be on the refs to clear the balls...according to what I read in the NFL rule book

Really. I think it should be on the team...not to fucking cheat. But that's just me I guess.

Dylan
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/557750391597973505">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

:doh!:

penbrook
01-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Where are all the Pats fans who tried to play this off like it's no big deal?

It really is no big deal. It didn't affect the outcome of the game

Hootie
01-20-2015, 11:06 PM
well

It is.

I imagine they did, and then the Pats tampered with them.

Tim Hasselbeck said on Cowherd on Monday that it would be EASY for the ball boy to do this but he'd have to have a reason. He referenced the fact he was a ball boy himself.

GoChargers

Well, now that the cheating has extended to multiple games, there needs to be a more serious punishment than just lost draft picks.

tk13
the reason is this is now something they are saying, whereas YESTERDAY they said the home team provided all the balls

I still (from reading the NFL rules) dont see why its not up to the refs to pull balls they think arent proper

I don't know what you're reading, but I don't think anyone ever said that. The rules over how the footballs are handled haven't changed any time recently. It's pretty straightforward. The balls are checked a couple hours before the game... but if you wanted to do what the Pats did, you'd just need a ballboy with a needle to deflate them a little in the time between the inspection and the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
At this point, I would not be the least bit surprised if the Pats put stimulants in the Gatorade or gave their players EPO before the game. Those motherfuckers are completely unscrupulous.

RobBlake
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/988933_792799327440975_55714020379271590_n.jpg?oh=0d45c3162cc52f5bb6140837247e582f&oe=5527EB07

GoChargers
01-20-2015, 11:07 PM

Evidently it is a big deal regardless of the final score, since they're going to be punished for it.

Ming the Merciless
I don't know what you're reading, but I don't think anyone ever said that.

yes they did

in this thread even..its in the nfl rulebook

from the post earlier in thread:

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials' locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

Hootie
Well, we know you're an idiot, but what if the game ended up being 38-35 with Brady throwing a last minute TD in a total downpour? What then?

tk13
Well, now that the cheating has extended to multiple games, there needs to be a more serious punishment than just lost draft picks.

I don't think there'd ever be evidence to prove it, unless they kept footballs from that game as evidence. But it's not hard to believe they've done it before. It wouldn't be hard to do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't know what you're reading, but I don't think anyone ever said that. The rules over how the footballs are handled haven't changed any time recently. It's pretty straightforward. The balls are checked a couple hours before the game... but if you wanted to do what the Pats did, you'd just need a ballboy with a needle to deflate them a little in the time between the inspection and the game.

And again, it's pretty systematic if they are all deflated the same amount. That points to clear orchestration, and it's likely something they've done before to constantly get the same PSI reading. I doubt he's just jamming the needle in for 10 seconds. He likely deflated them down to a specific PSI, hence the uniformity.

RobBlake
01-20-2015, 11:08 PM

which would actually be a disadvantage for the pats if they did that.. so makes no sense..

does not weather effect the balls?

Hootie
01-20-2015, 11:09 PM
At this point, I would not be the least bit surprised if the Pats put stimulants in the Gatorade or gave their players EPO before the game. Those motherfuckers are completely unscrupulous.
Slimy fucking bastards. I fucking hate everything about anything Boston, namely, the fans

Hootie
BB probably fired that poor ball boy for missing the 12th one

'Hamas' Jenkins
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/988933_792799327440975_55714020379271590_n.jpg?oh=0d45c3162cc52f5bb6140837247e582f&oe=5527EB07

Believe it or not, there is a difference between trying to pick up the catcher's signals on second and having some pedophile with a telescope in the scoreboard relaying signs to the dugout.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 11:10 PM

Wow LMAO

Ravens almost won anyway right?

Ravens vs Colts sudden death superbowl replacement showdown!

Brock
which would actually be a disadvantage for the pats if they did that.. so makes no sense..

does not weather effect the balls?

Huh?

Ming the Merciless
Ok this is me being Naive:

Is it possible if ALL of the balls were underinflated (or 11/12) could it have been user error or a bad gauge?

'Hamas' Jenkins
Slimy fucking bastards. I fucking hate everything about anything Boston, namely, the fans

On an "American Cities to be Nuked" list it's certainly #2 after Lawrence, Kansas for me.

RobBlake
01-20-2015, 11:11 PM
Believe it or not, there is a difference between trying to pick up the catcher's signals on second and having some pedophile with a telescope in the scoreboard relaying signs to the dugout.

oh really

TribalElder
BB probably fired that poor ball boy for missing the 12th one

Ha!

Efficiency is key.

They needed one to hand out if anyone asked to test them again

tk13
yes they did

in this thread even..its in the nfl rulebook

from the post earlier in thread:

I haven't read every single post in this thread. I know what the rules are.

But this really isn't that hard. It doesn't take two hours to deflate 12 footballs. They could do this in 10 minutes or less sometime between the inspection and the time the game starts.

I'm sure there'll probably be some changes on how these rules are handled. But I'm guessing most officials aren't going to notice a slight pressure drop.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Ok this is me being Naive:

Is it possible if ALL of the balls were underinflated (or 11/12) could it have been user error or a bad gauge?

So the gauge that the refs used to check the balls worked for the Colts but not the Patriots.

RobBlake
Huh?

how would under-inflated balls help the pats in kicking situations?

Hootie
01-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Pro Bowl cancelled. Colts vs. Ravens to decide who faces the Seahawks in the Super Bowl ... hosted at Gillette Stadium!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 11:13 PM
oh really

Yes, dumbass. No go fucking kill yourself. There's already enough stupid in the world and your idiocy would pollute a cistern filled to the brim with hog shit.

It would certainly hurt the Ravens' big legged kicker.

Hootie
01-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Brady had a couple of awful under throws to Vereen and Edelman before the rain started ... I wonder if there is any correlation! Of course, these two nobody non-weapons both made excellent catches

RobBlake
01-20-2015, 11:16 PM
Yes, dumbass. No go ****ing kill yourself. There's already enough stupid in the world and your idiocy would pollute a cistern filled to the brim with hog shit.

It would certainly hurt the Ravens' big legged kicker.

there's no difference, you sound like an absolute dumbass. The fact there is no difference is proven with a higher win percentage rate post spygate. Btw, Pats aren't the only ones accused of Spygate.. see NY JETS for that matter and some other teams.

btw, we are talkin about football not gay ass dugout bullshit

Wildcat2005
It sounds like this has been going on for a while

Mike Adams, the Colts safety, picked off Brady in the regular season game and said the football felt odd and light

Ming the Merciless
So the gauge that the refs used to check the balls worked for the Colts but not the Patriots.

wait i thought each team provided their own balls

I was talking about the gauge used to INFLATE them.....

I am assuming the refs didnt check the balls, since 11/12 of them were under

It was Walt Anderson's job to check the balls, apparently

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 11:18 PM
They inspected them 2 hours before the game and they were ok

tk13
01-20-2015, 11:19 PM

I think the theory is that the Patriots deflated the balls between the inspection and the start of the game. The officials wouldn't expect someone to actually go tamper with them after the inspection. I could be wrong though.

Hootie
Why do people defend Spygate? They were heavily fined and forfeited a 1st round pick and all evidence was destroyed. Clearly, it was bad.

Brock

Besides the obvious? The ball is softer with less air in it. Why else did the league start using a special ball for kickers?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 11:20 PM
there's no difference, you sound like an absolute dumbass. The fact there is no difference is proven with a higher win percentage rate post spygate. Btw, Pats aren't the only ones accused of Spygate.. see NY JETS for that matter and some other teams.

btw, we are talkin about football not gay ass dugout bullshit

There are these things called rules and there are certain behaviors that are against them. That applies to all sports. Since direct analogy is too difficult for you, I'll use a pictorial.

Your mother:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2012/02/literal-cum-dumpster.jpg

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2015, 11:21 PM
I think the theory is that the Patriots deflated the balls between the inspection and the start of the game. The officials wouldn't expect someone to actually go tamper with them after the inspection. I could be wrong though.

its just odd because the officials have their hands on the ball literally every snap

i really dont know

its just drama IMO...the colts got whooped...

other QB's like their balls a certain way and its not a problem...but you know,

HATE US BECAUSE THEY ANUS

CaliforniaChief
01-20-2015, 11:22 PM
OMG Hamas LMAO

Saccopoo
01-20-2015, 11:22 PM

http://www.facepalm.su/wp-content/gallery/gif-facepalm-2/girl-facepalm.gif

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2015, 11:23 PM
I think the theory is that the Patriots deflated the balls between the inspection and the start of the game.

I'd like to hear walt anderson come out and say 100% he checked them 2 hours before the game and they were all perfect

tk13
01-20-2015, 11:25 PM
I'd like to hear walt anderson come out and say 100% he checked them 2 hours before the game and they were all perfect

Well if he didn't, this becomes one of the biggest scandals in the history of the NFL. An official conspired to help a team break the rules. I don't think that's likely.

KC_Connection
01-20-2015, 11:25 PM
If I was running the Patriots, I'd do absolutely everything it takes to win too. It's not like Goodell and the NFL are actually going to do anything about it.

GoChargers
01-20-2015, 11:26 PM
Some of the Baltimore Ravens believe kicking balls used in their playoff game at New England were slightly under-inflated, according to league sources.

With the Patriots under investigation for possibly under-inflating balls in their playoff win against the Colts, sources said some on Baltimore's sideline believed there may have been irregularities with the kicking balls used in their AFC divisional playoff game at Foxborough, Mass., on Jan. 10.

Baltimore's kicking and punting units were not getting their normal depth and distance, and some believed the balls they were using may have been deflated.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24981269/some-baltimore-ravens-think-footballs-were-under-inflated-vs-patriots

Hey Cheatriots fans, what's your excuse for this one? Can't use the "it was a blowout" excuse since you only won by 4.

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 11:27 PM
If I was running the Patriots, I'd do absolutely everything it takes to win too. It's not like Goodell and the NFL are actually going to do anything about it.

That's why they should get bounced out of the Super Bowl LMAO

Ming the Merciless
01-20-2015, 11:28 PM
Well if he didn't, this becomes one of the biggest scandals in the history of the NFL. An official conspired to help a team break the rules. I don't think that's likely.

What about the more "innocent" version where he admits he didnt check them...or thought they were already checked...etc?

Hootie
01-20-2015, 11:30 PM
There is gonna have to be some damage control here. Bad story to break before the Super Bowl involving one of the participants

TribalElder
01-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Sudden death Ravens vs Colts

MMXcalibur
Anybody who thinks the NFL is going to do anything other than POSSIBLY take away a 7th round draft pick from NE are kidding themselves.

Hootie
What about the more "innocent" version where he admits he didnt check them...or thought they were already checked...etc?
Then he'll be banished to getting booth reviews wrong on network television and Mike Carey will be back on the field ... do you really want that!?

ClevelandBronco
I have no problem with them cheating, but it is somewhat disturbing that they got caught. I'd fine them for that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 11:32 PM
There is gonna have to be some damage control here. Bad story to break before the Super Bowl involving one of the participants

Here's what I'd like to really see:

I'm the Seattle ST coach. First punt of the game we're leaving one less guy in to block and putting another gunner on the outside, nearest the Pats sideline. His job is to get up to full speed, cross the boundary line and drop his fucking helmet into Belichick's sternum.

Just once.

RobBlake
01-20-2015, 11:33 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24981269/some-baltimore-ravens-think-footballs-were-under-inflated-vs-patriots

Hey Cheatriots fans, what's your excuse for this one? Can't use the "it was a blowout" excuse since you only won by 4.

i thought each team used their own balls? so whats the narrative?

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Here's what I'd like to really see:

I'm the Seattle ST coach. First punt of the game we're leaving one less guy in to block and putting another gunner on the outside, nearest the Pats sideline. His job is to get up to full speed, cross the boundary line and drop his fucking helmet into Belichick's sternum.

Just once.

Helloooooo assault and battery.

kcxiv
01-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Anybody who thinks the NFL is going to do anything other than POSSIBLY take away a 7th round draft pick from NE are kidding themselves.

i think they will come down hard on them. They should. i dont think it was the reason they won though. NOt even close, but they need to hit them hard so people dont keep trying this shit. They have to be the example.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Helloooooo assault and battery.

So get "blocked" into him. Shit, have Tavaris Jackson overthrow a pass when he's near midfield during warmups and light the motherfucker up that way.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2015, 11:39 PM
i think they will come down hard on them. They should. i dont think it was the reason they won though. NOt even close, but they need to hit them hard so people dont keep trying this shit. They have to be the example.

I'm guessing you're a pretty big fan of the War on Drugs.

GoChargers
01-20-2015, 11:40 PM

The Spygate punishment was a sissy slap on the wrist that clearly did not deter that franchise from cheating again. Given that Bob Kraft is Goodell's butt-buddy, I'm fully expecting another wet fart of a "punishment" and a stern talking-to. Hell, I'm surprised they were actually publicly declared guilty instead of the league just covering it up.

Bugeater
01-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Guess we're going to have to wait until morning for Pats fans' spin on this.

Brock
01-20-2015, 11:48 PM
It's going to take a while for goodell to shred these footballs.

MMXcalibur
01-20-2015, 11:49 PM

B-b-b-b-b-but they won by 38! It didn't matter!

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2015, 11:50 PM
B-b-b-b-b-but they won by 38! It didn't matter!

So dock them five touchdowns in that game. Now we're square.

KC_Connection
01-21-2015, 12:36 AM
I'm sure they'll come up with something creative to explain this away. Pats fans always do.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Tom Curran said that if the referees aren't the fall guys here it's bye bye Belichick

bowener
01-21-2015, 12:59 AM

The refs are in possession of the kicking balls.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 01:10 AM
This is getting interesting. I'd rather it be about the Seahawks, but it is livening up the off week.

DaneMcCloud
01-21-2015, 01:19 AM
It's going to take a while for goodell to shred these footballs.

LMAO

:thumb:

Dylan
01-21-2015, 01:31 AM
Less than 2 weeks ago, Hall of Fame coach Don Shula publicly referred to Belichick as "Beli-cheat."

Ten days ago, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh accused the Patriots of manipulating the rules concerning the reporting of eligible and ineligible receivers to intentionally confuse his defensive players and the officials in their AFC divisional loss to New England.

This week's incident will add another stain to Belichick's reputation around the league.

Just Passin' By
01-21-2015, 01:39 AM
This week's incident will add another stain to Belichick's reputation around the league.

Ehh.... there's still no finding of culpability, and I've actually seen some science that could (possibly) exonerate the Patriots, and it was done by ESPN. It's been a blast watching the overreaction of both the defenders and the haters, but this story's not yet been written.

And the Harbaugh thing is just stupid (not of you, but of him). The Patriots clearly did nothing wrong there.

kcxiv
01-21-2015, 04:44 AM
I'm guessing you're a pretty big fan of the War on Drugs.

Lol. I was on the other side of war on drugs for years lol so nope

01-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Didn't they go undefeated up until the SB? I think that counts as domination.

Don't mean a thing if you don't get the ring.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Two firsts, two seconds, five million. These rat cunts need to be taught a lesson.

If they show Belicheck has any involvement whatsoever, he should be Pete Rosed.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 06:47 AM
Tom Curran said that if the referees aren't the fall guys here it's bye bye Belichick

He should be. For Life. This whole they didn't need it nonsense is just nonsense. If that's the logic Bonds, McGuire, Rose and a bunch of motherfuckers should be in the baseball Hall of Fame.

I know as a society we're becoming less morally compassed all the time, but where in the fuck is people's honor? I guess the sheep bought into nice guy's finish last.

stonedstooge
01-21-2015, 07:29 AM
BELICHEAT DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS ILLEGAL TO LET THE AIR OUT OF THE FOOTBALLS!

Marcellus
01-21-2015, 07:32 AM

I don't see BB being directly involved. This is more likely Brady and the equipment guy.

This is akin to a pitcher using pine tar or a razor blade to cut a ball during a game. This is more gamesmanship than cheating in my book, the type of thing that has always gone on.

But its going to make for a HUGE story when its fairly minor in the big picture.

One question I have is if it does make a difference how come during the game the officials never noticed? I mean they handle the football after every single play.

Sure they will get punished, but it shouldn't be any banning for anyone.

This will diminish BB legacy for sure though I doubt he cares.

Katipan
01-21-2015, 07:35 AM
This is akin to a pitcher using pine tar or a razor blade to cut a ball during a game. This is more gamesmanship than cheating in my book, the type of thing that has always gone on. .

Where is your invisible line? My moral compass is all sorts of wacky and I think pine tar and razors are cheating.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 07:36 AM
LMAO There is some serious Patriot butthurt in this thread.

BigRedChief
01-21-2015, 07:37 AM
This week's incident will add another stain to Belichick's reputation around the league.:LOL: Should but not likely.

I would bet that if Belichek called an NFL or college team, and said I want to coach your team almost every single team would fire their coach immediately and throw millions at him with full control of the team.

Katipan
01-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Peeing on yourself - Gamesmanship
Peeing on someone else - Penalty

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 07:38 AM
I don't see BB being directly involved. This is more likely Brady and the equipment guy.

This is akin to a pitcher using pine tar or a razor blade to cut a ball during a game. This is more gamesmanship than cheating in my book, the type of thing that has always gone on.

But its going to make for a HUGE story when its fairly minor in the big picture.

One question I have is if it does make a difference how come during the game the officials never noticed? I mean they handle the football after every single play.

Here's the problem though. They found that some of the kicking balls from the Ravens game were the same. So it's not a Brady thing. I think Belicheat was absolutely the orchestrator of this. Got away with it against Baltimore and ramped it up against the Colts.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 07:40 AM
LMAO There is some serious Patriot butthurt in this thread.

I know you like to troll, but if you're okay with cheating...

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 07:40 AM
Tom Brady was incredulous and shocked when he heard about the accusation. So I doubt it.

You are predicting the results of an investigation ahead of time?

You just commented as if it's a fact already, so why are you using critical thinking and logic now? Ya' know mentioning things that don't make sense or fit the narrative.

So it's a fact again?

Only with the haters and victims of the green-eyed monsters.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 07:41 AM

OMG LMAO Please tell me you're joking.

This reads like he's involved with some murder conspiracy.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 07:44 AM
I know you like to troll, but if you're okay with cheating...

LMAO You're comparing Steroid use to tampering with footballs. Come on, man.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 07:45 AM
This thread is HoC worthy.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 07:45 AM
OMG LMAO Please tell me you're joking.

This reads like he's involved with some murder conspiracy.

Here's the thing Fathead, it's cheating. It's not okay. Was Pete rose involved with a murder conspiracy? You can troll on the Pats hate all you want. I never commented until they confirmed facts. I didn't make assumptions. I don't dislike the Patriots. I dislike cheating. You're good with it. Explain why you're divorced?

cwhocares
01-21-2015, 07:46 AM
From FOX news:
"The Boston Globe reported late Tuesday that the officiating crew for Sunday's game, led by referee Walt Anderson, discovered at halftime that the game balls were under-inflated after testing them with two different gauges."

One would assume that the refs corrected the problem when found. At the half, Patriots led 17-7. They went on to score an additional 28 points to the Colts 0.

Enough said.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 07:46 AM
LMAO You're comparing Steroid use to tampering with footballs. Come on, man.

Are you too stupid to realize that each team uses different balls? That has too be it.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Uh oh. I've pissed off a Mod.

I didn't realize you take sports equipment so seriously.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 08:11 AM
Uh oh. I've pissed off a Mod.

I didn't realize you take sports equipment so seriously.

I didn't realize they deflated their thigh pads. I thought it was their game balls. No big deal home boy. You have no problem with cheating. It's your life. Live it how you see fit.

Brock
01-21-2015, 08:12 AM
From FOX news:
"The Boston Globe reported late Tuesday that the officiating crew for Sunday's game, led by referee Walt Anderson, discovered at halftime that the game balls were under-inflated after testing them with two different gauges."

One would assume that the refs corrected the problem when found. At the half, Patriots led 17-7. They went on to score an additional 28 points to the Colts 0.

Enough said.

Something tells me the league won't see it that way.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 08:20 AM
I didn't realize they deflated their thigh pads. I thought it was their game balls. No big deal home boy. You have no problem with cheating. It's your life. Live it how you see fit.

I had a brain tumor removed about 6 months ago. I certainly will. I make light of everything. Underinflated footballs rank pretty low in the grand scheme of things.

The reaction to that in this thread sure made for some quality entertainment. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 08:24 AM
I had a brain tumor removed about 6 months ago. I certainly will. I make light of everything. Underinflated footballs rank pretty low in the grand scheme of things.

The reaction to that in this thread sure made for some quality entertainment. :)

Hey, I'm glad you're recovering, and am even happy to provide you some entertainment at my expense.

Marcellus
01-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Here's the problem though. They found that some of the kicking balls from the Ravens game were the same. So it's not a Brady thing. I think Belicheat was absolutely the orchestrator of this. Got away with it against Baltimore and ramped it up against the Colts.

I heard that the Ravens were suspicious not that any were found.

And it seems unlikely considering the kicking balls are opened by the refs and given to each team.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 08:58 AM

And it seems unlikely considering the kicking balls are opened by the refs and given to each team.

I could absolutely be wrong on the Ravens game. I'll concede that immediately. I'd heard it and will have to try and find out if it was rumor or fact. If it was fact though, you'd think they'd have been on top of them against the Colts so I'll definitely give you the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

Marcellus
01-21-2015, 09:01 AM
I could absolutely be wrong on the Ravens game. I'll concede that immediately. I'd heard it and will have to try and find out if it was rumor or fact. If it was fact though, you'd think they'd have been on top of them against the Colts so I'll definitely give you the benefit of the doubt until I see otherwise.

I just read where Rodgers claims when refs check the balls they usually deflate them to the low end which pisses him off because he likes a higher inflated ball.

The Franchise
01-21-2015, 09:03 AM
I just read where Rodgers claims when refs check the balls they usually deflate them to the low end which pisses him off because he likes a higher inflated ball.

And?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 09:07 AM

I read an article that I posted in the other thread from a guy who said that is somewhat accepted and completely different than this. I agree with him. 11 out of 12 balls being the same weight under specs is blatant cheating too me.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 09:19 AM
And?

Is it only cheating when NE does this?

What about the Panthers and Vikings?

The league should probably provide some clarity on this.

Marcellus
01-21-2015, 09:21 AM
I read an article that I posted in the other thread from a guy who said that is somewhat accepted and completely different than this. I agree with him. 11 out of 12 balls being the same weight under specs is blatant cheating too me.

I'm not arguing it's not cheating I just don't think its that big of a deal.

Sports fans are strange.

In baseball you can do all kinds of shit and it's considered gamesmanship. But if you use steroids or any PED you are automatically a piece of shit.

In football use all the PEDs you want just get back on the field ASAP if you get caught.

Let some air out of the ball and you are the lowest of scum.

Meh.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 09:22 AM

Sports fans are strange.

In baseball you can do all kinds of shit and it's considered gamesmanship. But if you use steroids or any PED you are automatically a piece of shit.

In football use all the PEDs you want just get back on the field ASAP if you get caught.

Meh.

Precisely.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 09:24 AM

Sports fans are strange.

Meh.

I agree with you. I think all of it should be handled as harshly. I'm big on ethics, honesty, and integrity of the games.

Marcellus
01-21-2015, 09:31 AM
I agree with you. I think all of it should be handled as harshly. I'm big on ethics, honesty, and integrity of the games.

I think the punishment should fit the crime and you will be hard pressed to show it effected the outcome of the game.

its also baffeling that NE knew the balls were checked at halftime yet didn't put air back into them. Maybe an equipment guy fucked up.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Man, watching MLB during the 80s and 90s, there were several guys getting busted for doctoring baseballs and there was no punished other than ejection. Spit balls, Vaseline, emery boards, etc. It was a joke back then.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I think the punishment should fit the crime and you will be hard pressed to show it effected the outcome of the game.

its also baffeling that NE knew the balls were checked at halftime yet didn't put air back into them. Maybe an equipment guy fucked up.

I think the outcome of the game has nothing to do with the crime. Cheating is cheating in my eyes. No big deal. We can agree to disagree on this one.

Ming the Merciless
01-21-2015, 10:40 AM
what we need is a 4th and 5th thread about people who hate Tom Brady and the Pats

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 12:17 PM
what we need is a 4th and 5th thread about people who hate Tom Brady and the Pats

Shit, this place needs a whole forum for it.

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 01:34 PM

I saw that the at least one Ravens player said, after this thing blew up, that they were suspicious because their kickoffs didn't go as far as they are used to seeing them go.

Obviously we're dealing with some members of their team that are on the dumber end of the intelligence spectrum, because:

1. both teams use the same brand new kicking balls, is my understanding; and

2. it was 11 fucking degrees at one point in the game (shortly after halftime I think), so even putting aside deflation, you're sort of kicking a freezing cold brick; and

3. the Patriots kickoffs ALSO did not go anywhere near as far as usual.

That third point had me particularly worried because their kickoff return man, Jacoby, is very, very good. Every time Ghost kicked off I was hoping for one of his typical very deep in, or out of the back of, the end zone, and we didn't get many/any of those.

Another six balls, all brand new, are set aside as kicking balls. They, too, are inspected and used by both teams on all kicking plays.

CBS Sports reported that Ravens kickers said they suspected some balls they used against the Patriots might have been under-inflated and didn't seem to travel as far.

"As far as kicking balls, it was degrees 20 out … I just chalked that (balls maybe not traveling so far) up to it was cold," said Harbaugh, speaking from Arizona, where he is coaching the AFC Pro Bowl team.

"Both teams were kicking the same kicking balls, so I did think anything of it during the game."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/21/nfl-contacts-ravens-as-investigation-into-patriots-underinflated-balls-continues/22108983/

GoChargers
01-21-2015, 01:53 PM

Sports fans are strange.

Meh.
Baseball is a terrible example. Players are getting kept out of the Hall of Fame on the mere SUSPICION of steroids. Pete Rose is still banned for life for betting on games.

Hootie
01-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Amnorix, the Pats are cheating scumbags.

ThaVirus
01-21-2015, 01:59 PM
Amnorix, the Pats are cheating scumbags.

QFT.

eDave
01-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Sports fans are strange.

Meh.

They don't get to fuck with the ball. If they do, they are tossed and IMMEDIATELY suspended.

Don't fuck with the ball. It's foot'ball'.

Amnorix
01-21-2015, 02:02 PM

Rich Hill retweeted
Kevin Clark ‏@KevinClarkWSJ 2h2 hours ago
NFL head coaches here at Senior Bowl seem downright offended that people think this deflation stuff is a big deal.

mr. tegu
01-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Man, watching MLB during the 80s and 90s, there were several guys getting busted for doctoring baseballs and there was no punished other than ejection. Spit balls, Vaseline, emery boards, etc. It was a joke back then.

Being ejected isn't a punishment? If Tom Brady were ejected at half time that would be a huge deal and certainly not something you would call no punishment.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:13 PM
, because:

1. both teams use the same brand new kicking balls, is my understanding; and

Not only that but the refs get these new kicking balls, not the same as the other game balls, and keep them locked up in a room. No one gets to mess with those per my understanding.

Ratbirds play to take players out of the game instead with injuries as their kind of gamesmanship.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
From FOX news:

Enough said.

I don't think that's the whole story. It was a Colts player who intercepted, turned into to his equipment person who gave it to the coach who contacted the officials in the NFL booth. Then the refs did something.

BigMeatballDave
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Being ejected isn't a punishment? If Tom Brady were ejected at half time that wouldn't be a huge deal and certainly not something you would call no punishment.

'Other than', doesn't mean no punishment.

I meant no further, that I can remember.

I'm talking about shit that happened 20-30 years ago.

mr. tegu
01-21-2015, 02:19 PM
'Other than', doesn't mean no punishment.

I meant no further, that I can remember.

I'm talking about shit that happened 20-30 years ago.

Ah. But being ejected is a big punishment and anything else wouldn't hurt nearly as much. If Tom Brady were ejected at half time that would be a far worst punishment than losing future draft picks.

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Is it only cheating when NE does this?

What about the Panthers and Vikings?

The league should probably provide some clarity on this.

People say Pat's fans use everybody else cheats in their own way, while the accusers of cheating claim it's about the integrity of the game. The thing that doesn't stand this test is that the biggest, loudest and most frequent accusers seem to spend most of their time making the biggest fuss when the Patriots do it. Then they want a harsher penalty for the same rule-breaking than any other team got. So it's hard to feel that the accusers really care about the integrity of the game, but that it's more about taking the Pats down. Perhaps, some do, but I doubt the sincerity of the biggest ones, especially when it's a competing team that is a rivalry. They're gonna call out the Pats, hoping their own secrets aren't caught because that's part of getting an edge too. JMO.

( I'll admit I am deflated over the report it was 11 balls.)

eDave
01-21-2015, 02:26 PM
People say Pat's fans use everybody else cheats in their own way, while the accusers of cheating claim it's about the integrity of the game. The thing that doesn't stand this test is that the biggest, loudest and most frequent accusers seem to spend most of their time making the biggest fuss when the Patriots do it. Then they want a harsher penalty for the same rule-breaking than any other team got. So it's hard to feel that the accusers really care about the integrity of the game, but that it's more about taking the Pats down. Perhaps, some do, but I doubt the sincerity of the biggest ones, especially when it's a competing team that is a rivalry. They're gonna call out the Pats, hoping their own secrets aren't caught because that's part of getting an edge too. JMO.

( I'll admit I am deflated over the report it was 11 balls.)

Oh, we are definitely jumping their shit because they are the Patriots. For sure. It's human nature.

It's all just Gladiator shit anyway. Are you not entertained?

BucEyedPea
01-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Are you not entertained?

No, I am deflated especially since initial reports only said a few balls. I will await the final determination though.

But thanks for being honest. It's fun for some to take down winners, even when it didn't affect their win here. It was Brady's lowest passing game and the ball wasn't what held the Colts to 7 points, now was it?

eDave
01-21-2015, 02:35 PM
No, I am deflated especially since initial reports only said a few balls. I will await the final determination though.

But thanks for being honest. It's fun for some to take down winners, even when it didn't affect their win here. It was Brady's lowest passing game and the ball wasn't what held the Colts to 7 points, now was it?

Eh, think of how bad it could have been. :')

Plus, it's a whole different game if you pull, say, 10 pts off the board in the first half for NE. Cheating is a virus. It infects the whole game in some way.

Don't mess with the ball.

BigRedChief
01-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Eh, think of how bad it could have been. :')

Plus, it's a whole different game if you pull, say, 10 pts off the board in the first half for NE. Cheating is a virus. It infects the whole game in some way.

Don't mess with the ball.
it did not have an effect on the outcome of the game. It's still cheating. But, it didn't effect the end result of the game. NE was the better team on that day. It was not even close.

If its your team supplying the balls and using the balls, Why not just let the teams deflate or over inflate the ball how ever much they want to match their QB?

GloryDayz
01-21-2015, 09:39 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

That's awesome.

And a beautiful pic too BTW...

I truly adore you.

This too will pass...

GloryDayz
01-21-2015, 09:49 PM
I think part of the league needs to just sit back and watch this unfold and promise that everything learned will be shared publicly as they (the individual teams) determine how to act in future years. And I'd make dam sure the league knows that any, "and the next time this happens, we're really going to come down on that team" shit that might come down from the league will be fought with a vengeance if they don't get their chance.

While I can't blame the Pats for trying, that doesn't mean now that we are where we are the league isn't going to be forced into some kind of monumentally ground breaking decision.

IOW, they have to decide if they're going to suppress this version of trying, or basically tell the other 31 teams that it's OK. And one lost draft pick is a small price to pay.

ClevelandBronco
01-22-2015, 01:08 AM
Which thread gets this? All of them?

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/play/toms-big-balls-25751615/