PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots deflated footballs in AFC title game

Pages : [1] 2 3

tk13
01-19-2015, 01:01 AM
http://www.wthr.com/story/27881499/source-tells-bob-kravitz-that-patriots-may-have-deflated-footballs-against-colts

Source tells Bob Kravitz that Patriots may have deflated footballs against Colts

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 1:15 AM EST
Updated: Jan 19, 2015 1:44 AM EST
By WTHR Channel 13

FOXBORO, Mass. -

A source within the NFL tells wthr.com's Bob Kravitz that the league is investigating the possibility that the Patriots deflated footballs in their 45-7 win over the Colts Sunday night.

The source told Kravitz that officials took a ball out of play at one point and weighed it.

A deflated football could be easier to throw and catch in poor weather conditions than a properly inflated ball.

Kravitz was told that if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs, it would result in lost draft picks for the Patriots.

More to come on this story.

TimBone
01-19-2015, 01:02 AM

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 01:08 AM
http://www.wthr.com/story/27881499/source-tells-bob-kravitz-that-patriots-may-have-deflated-footballs-against-colts

Fuck that shit.

Obviously these fines and lost draft picks are stopping the Patriots from cheating. Holy fucking hell.

penbrook
01-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Even more reason to root for the Patriots

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 01:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Cl79oUA.jpg

How's Kraft's butt-buddy Goodell planning on "Protecting the Shield" for this one? I'm thinking he'll do what the NCAA is doing with UNC: ignore it and hope it goes away.

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 01:13 AM
What a fucking scumbag of a franchise.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2015, 01:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Cl79oUA.jpg

How's Kraft's butt-buddy Goodell planning on "Protecting the Shield" for this one? I'm thinking he'll do what the NCAA is doing with UNC: ignore it and hope it goes away.

I can't believe the NFL decided to just destroy the tapes from Spygate. What kind of crooked ass shit is that?

eDave
01-19-2015, 01:14 AM
If true, you have to vacate that win. Anything less is a travesty.

Strongside
01-19-2015, 01:16 AM

New England would have won that game by 30 if they'd been using beach balls.

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 01:17 AM
Supposedly the punishment is losing a draft pick, just like it was with Spygate. Well, that clearly wasn't enough to stop the Patsies from cheating again. A real commissioner would be putting the Colts on a flight to Glendale to play Seattle and banning Belicheat from the league for life.

In boxing, the punishment for tampering with your gloves is a forfeit. It should be no different in football with the game ball.

eDave
01-19-2015, 01:18 AM
New England would have won that game by 30 if they'd been using beach balls.

Then they should have played it straight up then. Again, if true.

DaneMcCloud
01-19-2015, 01:20 AM
If NE deflated balls, why couldn't Luck and company catch anything?

eDave
01-19-2015, 01:21 AM
Supposedly the punishment is losing a draft pick, just like it was with Spygate. Well, that clearly wasn't enough to stop the Patsies from cheating again. A real commissioner would be putting the Colts on a flight to Glendale to play Seattle and banning Belicheat from the league for life.

In boxing, the punishment for tampering with your gloves is a forfeit. It should be no different in football with the game ball.

Tampering with the ball in baseball gets you immediately ejected and suspended. 8.02.

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 01:22 AM

I'm not exactly sure if this is true for the NFL, but in college, each offense uses its own game ball. So the Pats would deflate only their own game balls making it easier for them to grip in the rainy weather while denying the Colts that advantage. Lane Kiffin tried this same stunt against Oregon when he was at USC, by the way.

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:23 AM

Because they didn't practice with deflated balls all week, and NE did?

That's my guess.

hometeam
01-19-2015, 01:24 AM
lol

Dylan
01-19-2015, 01:24 AM
Breaking three hours ago on the Newswire...

"Officials took a ball off the field to be weighed during the game."

Teams use their own footballs?

Iconic
01-19-2015, 01:25 AM
Does this mean the officials were in on it too? Dafuq lol

Tribal Warfare
01-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Does this mean the officials were in on it too? Dafuq lol

Jerry Jones style during the 90's

DaneMcCloud
01-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Because they didn't practice with deflated balls all week, and NE did?

That's my guess.

That doesn't make any sense.

The only reason to slightly deflate a football would be due weather conditions like rain, sleet, snow, etc. No one can accurately predict weather so if Belichick decided to practice all week with deflated balls and it was clear, using your logic, that would have worked against him.

eDave
01-19-2015, 01:29 AM
That doesn't make any sense.

The only reason to slightly deflate a football would be due weather conditions like rain, sleet, snow, etc. No one can accurately predict weather so if Belichick decided to practice all week with deflated balls and it was clear, using your logic, that would have worked against him.

It was either going to rain or snow at this point in NE. If history serves.

Direckshun
No one can accurately predict weather?

What?

Saccopoo
That's great.

Belichick is the greatest.

Sneaky jap plays, deflating the football...

Fabulous.

Integrity of the game.

Bill is giving it to football just like Bonds did to baseball. A great big "Fuck you. What are you going to do? Nothing. That's right. Not a goddamn thing."

Saccopoo
01-19-2015, 01:30 AM
I'm not exactly sure if this is true for the NFL, but in college, each offense uses its own game ball. So the Pats would deflate only their own game balls making it easier for them to grip in the rainy weather while denying the Colts that advantage. Lane Kiffin tried this same stunt against Oregon when he was at USC, by the way.

Yes he did.

Love it!

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:31 AM
The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/ball

The officials are supposed to check the balls before the game.

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:31 AM
If only there was categorical evidence that meteorologists in New England know exactly what the fuck they're talking about in New England.

If fucking only.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/89_cC9To27g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/ball

Whole lotta nothin'

See!

It's in the rules, therefore, it cannot be broken!

The Beautiful Logic Of Patriots Fans Who In No Way Allow Their Logic To Eat Itself

tk13
01-19-2015, 01:32 AM
What's interesting was they had a delay, was it at the start of the 2nd half?... where they switched out the football. It took a while. CBS figured they accidentally had a kicking ball in play, but maybe it was related to this.

-King-
01-19-2015, 01:35 AM

What?

LMAO LMAO

eDave
01-19-2015, 01:35 AM
If only there was categorical evidence that meteorologists in New England know exactly what the fuck they're talking about in New England.

If fucking only.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/89_cC9To27g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd like to see their record with actual 'conditions'.

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:36 AM
I'd like to see their record with actual 'conditions'.

Probably terrible! Nobody can accurately predict actual """"""""conditions""""""""!

Baby Lee
01-19-2015, 01:36 AM
If the NFL is so concerned, why don't they take over all competition oversight?

The teams just provide the forum and competitors. NFL performs field maintenance and chalking, disseminates pads, gloves, shoes and uniforms, provides chains, plyons, flags and balls, dispenses medication braces and sports tape, etc.

KC_Connection
01-19-2015, 01:37 AM
Well, at least that would be a consistent approach to past precedent for once with Goodell.

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:38 AM
See!

It's in the rules, therefore, it cannot be broken!

The Beautiful Logic Of Patriots Fans Who In No Way Allow Their Logic To Eat Itself

Don't be an idiot.

http://streamable.com/7d8

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:39 AM
If the NFL is so concerned about the Ray Rice situation, why don't they watch the actual footage?

FYP

The answer to your actual question is the same as the answer to this altered question: they're not actually concerned. They're working to appear concerned more than they are about being concerned.

tk13
01-19-2015, 01:40 AM
Breaking three hours ago on the Newswire...

"Officials took a ball off the field to be weighed during the game."

Teams use their own footballs?

Yes. Each team gets their own footballs and are allowed to break them in.

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:42 AM
Don't be an idiot.

No, seriously. I surrender to you, the Superior Debator.

By answering allegations that the Pats Could Have Cheated by saying that The Rules Say They Aren't Allowed To Cheat, is just a complete defeat of those allegations.

By similar logic, the Bible is the inerrant word of God, because the Bible says it is the inerrant word of God.

I know this isn't a religious discussion, but now that I know that this line of argumentation is logically sound, I'm going to embrace it where ever I can.

TribalElder
01-19-2015, 01:42 AM
If they did this how do they not lose via forfeit from cheating?

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:43 AM

By answering allegations that the Pats Couldn't Have Cheated by saying that The Rules Say They Aren't Allowed To Cheat, is just a complete defeat of those allegations.

By similar logic, the Bible is the inerrant word of God, because the Bible says it is the inerrant word of God.

I know this isn't a religious discussion, but now that I know that this line of argumentation is logically sound, I'm going to embrace it where ever I can.

No, dumbass. The rules say that the officials are to check the balls to make sure they've been properly inflated, and that they do it before the game.

The video shows that the officials were going to play with the football that was taken off, prior to another one being tossed out there by someone from off the field. There's no sign of an inflation issue at that point.

Then, the official hired to explain things to the audience notes that it was probably a failure on the part of the officials to swap out the kicking balls.

Dylan
01-19-2015, 01:44 AM
What's interesting was they had a delay, was it at the start of the 2nd half?... where they switched out the football. It took a while. CBS figured they accidentally had a kicking ball in play, but maybe it was related to this.

I remember Mike Carey saying to the announcers that it was taking a long time to get a ball on the field for the kicking team...

eDave
01-19-2015, 01:45 AM

By answering allegations that the Pats Could Have Cheated by saying that The Rules Say They Aren't Allowed To Cheat, is just a complete defeat of those allegations.

I'm having a hard time following your thoughts tonight dude.

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 01:47 AM
If they did this how do they not lose via forfeit from cheating?

Same reason why Brady gets every call and no-call in momentum-shifting situations: because Kraft is good friends with Goodell.

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:47 AM
No, dumbass. The rules say that the officials are to check the balls to make sure they've been properly inflated, and that they do it before the game.

Like I said. You have completely owned this debate, and the rest of us should pay you total deference.

I mean hey, the refs weighed the balls, right? End of fucking story.

There is absolutely

and I mean ABSOLUTELY

no way the Pats could have switched the balls at any point.

None.

It's in the RULES, for Chrissakes!

I surrender my entire argument to Just Passin' By, and I encourage future Planeteers who engage him in argumentation to consider saving yourself time by just adopting his point of view immediately.

I know I will be!

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:48 AM
Like I said. You have completely owned this debate, and the rest of us should pay you total deference.

I mean hey, the refs weighed the balls, right? End of ****ing story.

There is absolutely

and I mean ABSOLUTELY

no way the Pats could have switched the balls at any point.

None.

It's in the RULES, for Chrissakes!

I surrender my entire argument to Just Passin' By, and I encourage future Planeteers who engage him in argumentation to consider saving yourself time by just adopting his point of view immediately.

I know I will be!

Are you high?

Direckshun
01-19-2015, 01:48 AM
High on knowledge. Thanks to you.

DaneMcCloud
01-19-2015, 01:49 AM

What?

That's exactly right.

For example, last weekend in Los Angeles, there was a 20% chance it would rain on Saturday and a 70% chance on Sunday. Well, it rained for all 24 hours on Saturday but didn't rain on Sunday.

There is no way that Bill Belichick is designing his strategy in Monday around rain, sleet or snow seven days later. The weather predictions change every day, sometimes every hour.

ThaVirus
01-19-2015, 01:50 AM

I remember.

Could get Intredasting..

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:56 AM
OMG! Warmed-up-footballs-gate!

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings played their coldest home game in 38 years on Sunday, when they beat the Carolina Panthers in 12-degree temperatures at TCF Bank Stadium.

As both teams dealt with the freezing temperatures, Fox cameras showed sideline attendants using heaters to warm up game balls, which is against league rules. NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino said Monday morning on NFL Network that officials warned both the Vikings and Panthers not to heat up the balls during Sunday's game, and would remind teams this week not to heat game balls.

"You can't do anything with the footballs in terms of any artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball, you can't do anything to the football," Blandino said. "So that was noticed during the game, both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters."

By rule, the home team is responsible for providing the game balls. The footage shown on NFL Network is from the Vikings' sideline, though there are attendants from both teams on both sidelines and a league source said the Vikings weren't heating up the balls during the game.

Zimmer said he hadn't heard anything from the league about it on Monday, adding, "Somebody told me (Carolina's) ball boys were doing it."

Ball boys are allowed to carry hand heaters, as Fox officiating analyst Mike Pereira pointed out, but they are not allowed to put game balls in front of sideline heaters. The Vikings have two December home games on their schedule -- this Sunday against the New York Jets and Dec. 28 against the Chicago Bears. After the league sent out a warning, it stands to reason they'll be watching the sidelines closely in cold-weather games this month.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/11218/nfl-aware-of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

LMAO

Dylan
01-19-2015, 02:11 AM
Excerpt: Star-Ledger

The NFL rulebook on the official website has no mention of how much a ball should weigh.

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials' locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game.

A 2011 rulebook, however, lists the specific required dimensions.

The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2 inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.

If the league finds the balls were below the league mandated weight, the Patriots could be docked a draft pick.

Although it is unclear if the below video had anything to do with the weight of the football, it is worth noting that the game was momentarily held up at the beginning of the third quarter due to issues with the football. (video via The Cauldron)

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/01/report_nfl_investigating_whether_patriots_purposly.html#incart_river

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/7d8' width='854' height='480' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

Click twice on the white square in the right corner...

Everybody is running around handing off footballs...LMAO

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 02:17 AM
Click twice on the white square in the right corner...

Everybody is running around handing off footballs...LMAO

Careful, now, or Direkshun will accuse you of 'debating'. ;)

Hootie
01-19-2015, 02:21 AM
Scumbag franchise but they won by a million ...

Dylan
01-19-2015, 02:25 AM
Careful, now, or Direkshun will accuse you of 'debating'. ;)

I am just having a little fun.

What was the ball boy on the sidelines doing with the bag of balls? LMAO

eDave
01-19-2015, 02:25 AM

What was the ball boy doing with the bag of balls? LMAO

That's what ball boys do.

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 02:30 AM

What was the ball boy on the sidelines doing with the bag of balls? LMAO

My guess is that Carey's right and he was swapping out the 'K' ball, but that's just a guess.

But just supplying the rule, along with video that shows the situation, and a story about an earlier ball infraction by another team, while daring to say "whole lotta nothin'" and then editing that in order to remove any opinion from the post seems to somehow be debating, in the eyes of Direckshun, even though I didn't actually debate anyone.

Dylan
01-19-2015, 02:30 AM
That's what ball boys do.

Who does he work for eDave?

Hard to keep track of the original ball that was on the field...Everybody is exchanging balls. LMAO

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Full text of the rule (not formatted, sorry):

Rule 2 The Ball
Section 1
BALL DIMENSIONS
The Ball must be a “Wilson,” hand selected, bearing the signature of the Commissioner of the League, Roger
Goodell.
The ball shall be made up of an inflated (12 1/2 to 13 1/2 pounds) urethane bladder enclosed in a pebble
grained, leather case (natural tan color) without corrugations of any kind. It shall have the form of a prolate
spheroid and the size and weight shall be: long axis, 11 to 11 1/4 inches; long circumference, 28 to 28 1/2
inches; short circumference, 21 to 21 1/4 inches; weight, 14 to 15 ounces.
The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications. A
pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee
until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game.
Section 2
BALL SUPPLY
Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the
starting time of the game to meet League requirements. The home team will also make 12 backup balls
available for testing in all stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to
be tested by the Referee for games held in outdoor stadiums. For games in outdoor stadiums, eight new
footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to the Referee, will be opened in the
officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be
specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game. For games in indoor stadiums,
six new footballs will be shipped.
In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall
secure a proper ball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball. Any such circumstances
must be reported to the Commissioner.
In case of rain or a wet, muddy, or slippery field, a playable ball shall be used at the request of the offensive
team’s center. The Game Clock shall not stop for such action (unless undue delay occurs).
Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side
of the playing field.
OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 3

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/5_Rule2_The_Ball.pdf

So the teams have to supply adequately pumped footballs to the officials. The officials get the balls, and a pump in case it's necessary, 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game. From then, until just before the game, the balls are under the control of the officials. They are then given to the ball boys.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 02:42 AM

This.

Sore fucking losers

keg in kc
01-19-2015, 03:04 AM
Wasn't it 50 degrees during the game? Wasn't exactly the ice bowl out there. Not like Brady did a ton of damage in the air, either. Deflated balls the reason Blount went through the Colts defense like they were bowling pins?

Hootie
01-19-2015, 05:55 AM
Wasn't it 50 degrees during the game? Wasn't exactly the ice bowl out there. Not like Brady did a ton of damage in the air, either. Deflated balls the reason Blount went through the Colts defense like they were bowling pins?
Pretty much this.

BWillie
01-19-2015, 06:00 AM

Surely you arent serious. ..I hate NE but it wouldnt have mattered. Personally i dont find quasi deflating a football a big deal. .not nearly as big of a deal as spygate

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 06:06 AM

LMAO I really hope you are joking?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 06:11 AM
So, why are the Patriots a scumbag franchise?

Because some lowly employee may have videotaped the Rams Practice, or whatever over a decade ago?

Fucking Whaaa!

LoneWolf
01-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Both teams played with the same ball. This is a story about nothing.

WhawhaWhat
01-19-2015, 07:03 AM
The deflated balls probably didn't have much of an effect on the game, but illegal activity is still illegal. Take 3 first round picks from them and ban Robert Kraft from being shown on television for 2 years.

Lex Luthor
01-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Chiefsplanet is outraged because a source they never heard of made a claim about a game the Chiefs aren't even playing in.

Before you guys get even more spastic, I have to ask one question: who touches the football before every single play?

Answer: The referees. I think the referees would be pretty quick to notice an underinflated ball, and they'd throw it out. Apparently there was a question about ONE ball. It got thrown out.

I root against the Patriots. I'm not a Patriots fan. But the way some of you are melting down in hilarious. "If true, you have to vacate that win. Anything less is a travesty." ROFL

SAUTO
01-19-2015, 07:42 AM
sounds like the refs dropped the balls...

bricks
01-19-2015, 07:49 AM
Whenever you're successful in this world, there will always be jealous a-holes out
there that'll try to do whatever it takes to take you down.

Dave Lane
01-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Only one guy reporting this and an obvious idiot. Weighed the balls. Yeah the extra air is so heavy, especially in a rainstorm.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Nfl.com actually put out an article about it ... so gaining steam

Dave Lane
01-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Chiefsplanet is outraged because a source they never heard of made a claim about a game the Chiefs aren't even playing in.

Before you guys get even more spastic, I have to ask one question: who touches the football before every single play?

Answer: The referees. I think the referees would be pretty quick to notice an underinflated ball, and they'd throw it out. Apparently there was a question about ONE ball. It got thrown out.

I root against the Patriots. I'm not a Patriots fan. But the way some of you are melting down in hilarious. "If true, you have to vacate that win. Anything less is a travesty." ROFL

Those are utter idiots.

Dave Lane
01-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Nfl.com actually put out an article about it ... so gaining steam

Your chubby is for naught

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 08:07 AM
Why can't they put something in place to check each team's balls before each O possession?!

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 08:12 AM

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7sRCoUCYAEdTlj.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7sRnGrCMAAxgId.png

What about the weather conditions? Could that have deflated any balls as time went on?

Hailchief
01-19-2015, 08:14 AM
wouldn't the ref's of noticed something fishy?

Hootie
01-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Your chubby is for naught
Nah. 45-7. Game was a laugher.

Wallcrawler
01-19-2015, 08:22 AM

Because some lowly employee may have videotaped the Rams Practice, or whatever over a decade ago?

****ing Whaaa!

Not sure if serious.

Belichick cheated in the past. Taping other teams was a long standing thing they were doing. They were videotaping the signals from the sideline so that when they saw the signals in the game, they would know what was coming.

Cheating, in ANY FORM, makes you a scumbag. The Patriots sticking with Belicheat and not firing him is an act of pure acceptance of Belicheat's scumbag practices and therefore anoints them as a scumbag franchise.

Oh, Bill played it off spectacularly in his comments.

I accept full responsibility.

My interpretation of a rule in the [NFL's] Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect.

Really, Bill? You just happened to think that YOU WERE THE ONLY FUCKING GUY IN THE LEAGUE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE "LEGAL" OPTION TO FUCKING VIDEOTAPE THE OPPOSING TEAM'S HAND SIGNALS??

It NEVER fucking occurred to you that if it was an acceptable practice, EVERY OTHER FUCKING TEAM WOULD BE DOING IT?

So this so-called "genius" head coach, HAD NO CLUE that videotaping an opponent's signals was cheating.

Sure.

Sure Bill.

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. Then Goodell inexplicably destroyed the tapes. Are you fucking kidding me? Why the fuck would evidence EVER be destroyed?

Now, a deflated football didn't give Blount increased vision and cutting ability. It didn't make the Colts overpursue against the run time and again. It didn't make the Colts unable to bring him down quickly. 30 carries, 150 yards, 3 TDs. It didn't make the Colts offense unable to muster up more than a single TD. A deflated ball is not the reason the Colts lost the football game.

Its the principle. Its the idea that it is well within the realm of possibility that the Patriots and Belichick would cheat. They push the very limits of what is considered underhanded and what isn't.

It would literally surprise NOBODY if it came out that the Patriots were cheating again.

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 08:25 AM

I can beat that - I HOPE THEY DIAF!

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Not sure if serious.

Belichick cheated in the past. Taping other teams was a long standing thing they were doing. They were videotaping the signals from the sideline so that when they saw the signals in the game, they would know what was coming.

Cheating, in ANY FORM, makes you a scumbag. The Patriots sticking with Belicheat and not firing him is an act of pure acceptance of Belicheat's scumbag practices and therefore anoints them as a scumbag franchise.

Oh, Bill played it off spectacularly in his comments.

I accept full responsibility.

My interpretation of a rule in the [NFL's] Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect.

Really, Bill? You just happened to think that YOU WERE THE ONLY FUCKING GUY IN THE LEAGUE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE "LEGAL" OPTION TO FUCKING VIDEOTAPE THE OPPOSING TEAM'S HAND SIGNALS??

It NEVER fucking occurred to you that if it was an acceptable practice, EVERY OTHER FUCKING TEAM WOULD BE DOING IT?

So this so-called "genius" head coach, HAD NO CLUE that videotaping an opponent's signals was cheating.

Sure.

Sure Bill.

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. Then Goodell inexplicably destroyed the tapes. Are you fucking kidding me? Why the fuck would evidence EVER be destroyed?

Now, a deflated football didn't give Blount increased vision and cutting ability. It didn't make the Colts overpursue against the run time and again. It didn't make the Colts unable to bring him down quickly. 30 carries, 150 yards, 3 TDs. It didn't make the Colts offense unable to muster up more than a single TD. A deflated ball is not the reason the Colts lost the football game.

Its the principle. Its the idea that it is well within the realm of possibility that the Patriots and Belichick would cheat. They push the very limits of what is considered underhanded and what isn't.

It would literally surprise NOBODY if it came out that the Patriots were cheating again.

I really don't give a shit.

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying.

Ooohh! Videotaping the other team. OH NOES!

like stealing signs in MLB?

BFD

But keep crying about it.

LMAO Execute them all!

mikeyis4dcats.
01-19-2015, 08:33 AM
A ball properly inflated inside in a warm place would deflate when taken out into cold weather. See your car tires on a cold day.

Didn't watch the game, so no idea the conditions, nor do I really care.

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 08:34 AM
By the way - I don't even think the NFL is 'looking into this' - give me a break - & if they did; it wouldn't take weeks to study to gain conclusion - Yes this is an isolated dumbass reporter IMO

WhawhaWhat
01-19-2015, 08:36 AM
By the way - I don't even think the NFL is 'looking into this' - give me a break - & if they did; it wouldn't take weeks to study to gain conclusion - Yes this is an isolated dumbass reporter IMO

It won't take weeks to do the study but they can make it take weeks for them to report the findings in that study. Like for instance 2 weeks from today.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Not sure if serious.

Cheating, in ANY FORM, makes you a scumbag.

According to this all teams steal signals, which is legal, and they can get them many other ways, with binoculars, scribbling notes etc. They just can't use videotape. Although there's plenty of videotape of each game that can be matched up with notes later. It's just easier with videotaping. Other teams have done it too. Technology, per this article, has pushed the envelope and made things murkier and will continue to do so.

"The issue, rather, is the method of acquiring the signals." — not stealing the signals.

Otherwise, why do coaches cover their mouths and use other modes to hide their communication? I've read about spies going to other teams' training camps even.

In the N.F.L., It’s Not Cheating Until You Start Videotaping (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/sports/football/17nfl.html?n=Top%2FReference%2FTimes%20Topics%2FSubjects%2FE%2FEthics&_r=0)

ct
01-19-2015, 08:39 AM
#1 the patriots were clearly the better team, and football inflation had nothing to do w/ that
#2 am i missing something, that this story is based on one football during the game? there's gotta be more than that, or this is crap. one football out of who knows how many losing some of its air is a manufacturing anomaly, a few of them obviously would require intervention.

until i hear of more than one football being seriously questioned, i'm not gonna give one more shit about this.

BigCatDaddy
01-19-2015, 08:41 AM
The NFL needed a story for the off week to fill some air time.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 08:45 AM
So don't act as if other teams were unable to get Patriot signals either. In fact, Jay Fieldler admitted the Dolphins did."There were times in games when we knew certain defensive calls from what we were able to gather during the game or our scouts’ eyesight," Fiedler revealed.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 08:47 AM
#1 the patriots were clearly the better team, and football inflation had nothing to do w/ that
#2 am i missing something, that this story is based on one football during the game? there's gotta be more than that, or this is crap. one football out of who knows how many losing some of its air is a manufacturing anomaly, a few of them obviously would require intervention.

until i hear of more than one football being seriously questioned, i'm not gonna give one more shit about this.

Lot of sour grapes and jealousy out there, especially when it comes to the Patriots.

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 08:51 AM
It won't take weeks to do the study but they can make it take weeks for them to report the findings in that study. Like for instance 2 weeks from today.

probably.

WhawhaWhat
01-19-2015, 08:51 AM
So don't act as if other teams were unable to get Patriot signals either. In fact, Jay Fieldler admitted the Dolphins did."There were times in games when we knew certain defensive calls from what we were able to gather during the game or our scouts’ eyesight," Fiedler revealed.

Figuring out another teams signals isn't against the rules. The means by which the Patriots figured out another teams signals was against the rules.

RobBlake
01-19-2015, 08:52 AM
pats are not cheaters stfu lol Someone from indy is sour and the reporter is from indy if i recall

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 08:55 AM
"To steal signals from the booth, everybody's done it," Ditka said. "There are a lot of ways to cheat, a lot of ways of stealing signals, and if a team's not smart enough to change their signals, they deserve to be stolen.

"But to put a camera on the sideline ... it's blatant arrogance to think you're going to get away with it."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-09-16/news/0709150335_1_matt-estrella-signals-stealing

An edge through espionage? More common than you think

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ac208d/printable/an-edge-through-espionage-more-common-than-you-think

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Figuring out another teams signals isn't against the rules. The means by which the Patriots figured out another teams signals was against the rules.

Apparently, you didn't read what I posted. Or what part did you not understand? Thanks for repeating what I just said, echo chamber.:hmmm:

WhawhaWhat
01-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Apparently, you didn't read what I posted. Or what part did you not understand? Thanks for repeating what I just said, echo chamber.:hmmm:

I guess I missed one post of your spam posting that other teams steal signals. I still won't go back and read it.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 09:04 AM
I guess I missed one post of your spam posting that other teams steal signals. I still won't go back and read it.

That's fine. It happens. It's hardly spam tho', you're just butthurt so you're getting pissy that I commented about it. I am just commenting on various aspects to show that what the Pats did, doesn't mean other teams didn't get the Pat's signals so that it gave the Pats a massive edge over all others. Also, that there's all kinds of other espionage going on. It all gets cancelled out to a greater or lesser degree.

Iirc, there was a story about the Dolphins recording from seats in the stadium even. This barely registered on the media's radar or NFL's but there was something reported about it. I don't think the Pats whined to the NFL about it though.

Amnorix
01-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Same reason why Brady gets every call and no-call in momentum-shifting situations: because Kraft is good friends with Goodell.

Like last week when Gronk was clearly mugged but no call was made, resulting in a Patriots punt that led to a Ravens TD putting the Patriots down 14 in the second half?

Or when Revise as called for a40 yard or whatever pass interference even when he was looking for the ball last week?

Or the many non-calls on the Ravens for literally head locking Chandler Jones?

If the NFL is fixed in your mind, then you should not bother to watch the games dude.

Amnorix
01-19-2015, 09:07 AM
pats are not cheaters stfu lol Someone from indy is sour and the reporter is from indy if i recall

Yes, butKravitz is a good writer. Formerly with the Indianaopilis Star.

Three7s
01-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Like last week when Gronk was clearly mugged but no call was made, resulting in a Patriots punt that led to a Ravens TD putting the Patriots down 14 in the second half?

Or when Revise as called for a40 yard or whatever pass interference even when he was looking for the ball last week?

If the NFL is fixed in your mind, then you should not bother to watch the games dude.
That happens to Hali all the time and it's never called.

DTLB58
01-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Jonathan Vilma making a good point on the Dan Patrick show this morning, if the Pats deflated the balls to take advantage of the situation why didn't they throw the ball more? Blount had a great game and that's exactly how the Pats have beaten the Colts the last 4 games. 14 rushing TD's and averaging around or over 200 yards a game rushing.

45-7 doesn't mean they didn't do it, but the way the Colts played clearly showed it didn't matter.

Wasn't it the Chiefs coach that said "If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying"?

ChiTown
01-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Jonathan Vilma making a good point on the Dan Patrick show this morning, if the Pats deflated the balls to take advantage of the situation why didn't they throw the ball more? Blount had a great game and that's exactly how the Pats have beaten the Colts the last 4 games. 14 rushing TD's and averaging around or over 200 yards a game rushing.

45-7 doesn't mean they didn't do it, but the way the Colts played clearly showed it didn't matter.

Wasn't it the Chiefs coach that said "If you are cheating, you aren't trying"?

I'm guessing it may also be easier to hold on to a deflated football more while running as well - especially in wet conditions.

Who knows/who cares. All I do know is that Indy got their ass beat, deflated ball or not.

Red Dawg
01-19-2015, 09:27 AM
It's always something. They get dubbed this class organization but how many times have they been investigated for rule breaking.

Dirty cheating assholes that have had it easy for a long time.

The Legion of Boom should hit Brady low and get them over and done.

REDHOTGTO
01-19-2015, 09:30 AM
when did air start weighing more ?

WhawhaWhat
01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
when did air start weighing more ?

When the density or volume increases.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 09:40 AM
It's always something. They get dubbed this class organization but how many times have they been investigated for rule breaking.

:rolleyes:

Kman34
01-19-2015, 09:42 AM
So...If the Ref inspects the balls 2 hours before game time and is under his care till they are used... how did they get tapered with?? Ball Boys?
I think this is much to-do about nothing...

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 09:43 AM
This incessant crying about Patriot cheating is becoming cringe-worthy.

Red Dawg
01-19-2015, 09:44 AM

The funny thing here is you actually think anyone will agree with you. No team has benefited from bullshit calls more than them over the years. No team gets investigated for illegal activity more than them. Pats have had it easy for so long other fans are just tired of it. If Brady was in the AFC West or the North he certainly would not be revered the way he is.

Seattle will beat them down and then Brady will turn the magic age of 38. That is the age for QB's to never win anything again.

WhawhaWhat
01-19-2015, 09:45 AM
This incessant crying about Patriot cheating is becoming cringe-worthy.

I don't care about the cheating, I just want them severely punished for it. We need all the help we can get.

Demonpenz
01-19-2015, 09:47 AM
I remember Mike Carey saying to the announcers that it was taking a long time to get a ball on the field for the kicking team...

yep

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 09:47 AM
I like trolling donkey fans here about cheating the cap, but that did nothing to help win 2 SB.

If it actually did, I wish the Chiefs would do it. I also hope Dorsey starts recording other teams. If that actually helped NE win a SB.

ChiTown
01-19-2015, 09:51 AM
I like trolling donkey fans here about cheating the cap, but that did nothing to help win 2 SB.

If it actually did, I wish the Chiefs would do it. I also hope Dorsey starts recording other teams. If that actually helped NE win a SB.

:thumb: - At this point, I'd settle for simply cheating just enough to get a fucking playoff win. 20 fucking years of playoff futility:shake:

-King-
01-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Don't care piano
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
This thread is a swamp of dumb.

mlyonsd
01-19-2015, 10:04 AM
An elite NFL QB would easily be able to overcome a deflated football.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 10:16 AM
The funny thing here is you actually think anyone will agree with you. No team has benefited from bullshit calls more than them over the years.

Ahem! Steelers versus Seahawks SB in 2006. Seahawks were robbed by the refs in that game.

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 10:17 AM
This incessant Patriot cheating is becoming cringe-worthy.

fify

Amnorix
01-19-2015, 10:40 AM

Fucking Whaaa!

They actually didn't. That wasn't what Spygate was about, and that story - about taping a Rams practice - was withdrawn by the reporter who reported it, and he apologized for it.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 10:42 AM
fify

Look, more crying.

Amnorix
01-19-2015, 10:44 AM

I really like the stunning irony of you mocking whether someone else ism last or not while telling the Seahawks to intentionally break the rules and hurt a star player. Impressive!

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
I don't care about the cheating, I just want them severely punished for it. We need all the help we can get.

I'd rather the Chiefs just get better.

Amnorix
01-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Look, more crying.

Patriots have owned the Chargers for 10+ years, and beat them in the Playoffs multiple times, so his hatred is understandable at least.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 10:47 AM
At some point, it's not about whether or not it would have affected the outcome of the game but that the franchise repeatedly breaks and flouts the rules.

Forfeiting a first round pick and $500,000 fines weren't enough last time. Make them forfeit two firsts and two seconds this time and fine the team five million.

GoChargers
Patriots have owned the Chargers for 10+ years, and beat them in the Playoffs multiple times

And still had to cheat to beat Marty Schottenheimer and Norv fucking Turner. Congrats. LMAO

ClevelandBronco
LOL. Sounds like bullshit, but I kind of hope they did it.

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Pats have probably been cheating their ass off since after the Kansas City game, that would explain why they magically went from looking completely done to being Super Bowl bound.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 10:50 AM
fify

What Charger player bashed BB after losing to the Patriots?

What Charger player cried on the sidelines after a playoff loss?

Whiners with whining fans. Misery loves company!

Donger
01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
They weighed it? But didn't test the PSI?

wazu
01-19-2015, 10:55 AM
They weighed it? But didn't test the PSI?

Wondered about that myself. How does putting air in a ball make it weigh more?

ChiefsCountry
01-19-2015, 10:55 AM
At some point, it's not about whether or not it would have affected the outcome of the game but that the franchise repeatedly breaks and flouts the rules.

Forfeiting a first round pick and $500,000 fines weren't enough last time. Make them forfeit two firsts and two seconds this time and fine the team five million.

2 firsts and 2 seconds and 5 million cash for a Super Bowl title. I would take that trade any day.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post

Hyperbole

Donger
01-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Wondered about that myself. How does putting air in a ball make it weigh more?

Yes, but a tiny amount. I doubt that they have instruments on the sidelines that are capable of even measuring the delta.

Maybe the officials weighed it because it was saturated with water (which would be measurable)?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
2 firsts and 2 seconds and 5 million cash for a Super Bowl title. I would take that trade any day.

They would have beaten Indy no matter what, so it essentially becomes that for being a cheating fucking cocksucker and gaining no real advantage.

If Belichick had any knowledge of computers I'd be sure he invented wall-hacks and aimbots.

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Hyperbole

Spygate, Deflategate, and that's just the cheating we know about. Imagine the shit they're probably doing that hasn't come out yet.

ChiTown
01-19-2015, 11:00 AM

what I was thinking, except for the fact that you also have to have the talent to go along with the cheating.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Hyperbole

Did they film only one practice or walk-through? If so, that alone makes them repeat offenders, clod.

srvy
01-19-2015, 11:01 AM

Speaking of the Dolphins even Don Shula refers to NE coach as Bill Belacheat LMAO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/08/don-shula-calls-bill-belichick-beli-cheat/

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 11:03 AM
So, the league is going to investigate this, but don't seem to give a shit about the horrendous officiating.

LoneWolf
01-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Hyperbole

I can't quite figure you out. Are you a Bucs fan? A Patriots fan?

You commented in the "Bucs prefer Winston" using the term "we" so that leads me to believe you consider yourself a Bucs fan. You are aggressively sticking up for all of the Patriots past/current stretching of the rules in this thread which would indicate you are a a Patriots fan. Which is it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 11:05 AM

You commented in the "Bucs prefer Winston" using the term "we" so that leads me to believe you consider yourself a Bucs fan. You are aggressively sticking up for all of the Patriots past/current stretching of the rules in this thread which would indicate you are a a Patriots fan. Which is it?

She's a fan of Free Shoes U (hence the Winston talk) and the Patriots.

No report on if she flicks her bean while rooting for the Nazis in Victory

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 11:06 AM

:facepalm: LMAO

LoneWolf
01-19-2015, 11:09 AM

LMAO I haven't heard the phrase "flicks her bean" since my Grandfather passed away 10 years ago. Thanks for the laugh.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Spygate, Deflategate, and that's just the cheating we know about. Imagine the shit they're probably doing that hasn't come out yet.

There is no deflate gate tho'!

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:15 AM
Speaking of the Dolphins even Don Shula refers to NE coach as Bill Belacheat LMAO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/08/don-shula-calls-bill-belichick-beli-cheat/

That's called projection.

Note, I never said they didn't break that rule nor disagreed that it was arrogant to do so out in the open. Such a sneak!
I simply pointed out it did not necessarily give an edge with all the other espionage that goes on in the league.

Dylan
01-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Trending on Twitter #DeflateGate LMAO

https://twitter.com/hashtag/deflategate?f=realtime&src=hash All

Andy Reid ‏@FauxAndyReid · 1h1 hour ago

Patriots 14 Chiefs 41
Photo
.@Patriots Your balls must have been really flat this day, huh?
#DeflateGate

LMAO

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23deflategate&src=hash&mode=photos Photos are hysterical

Bowser
01-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Belichick will find a way to make sure Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman come down with dysentery the day before the Super Bowl, and Patriot fan would cry out BUT IT'S NOT AGAINST NFL RULES!

cosmo20002
01-19-2015, 11:17 AM

Nice try, but too late.
A potential scandal has been reported and therefore deemed true by CP.
There is nothing that can change this.
If the NFL now says the balls were fine and there's no evidence of tampering, that will just reinforce that there was tampering.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:18 AM

Oh and yet the Dolphins have done similarly. LOL!

ChiTown
01-19-2015, 11:19 AM

She's a Fotze

Bewbies
01-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Someone please give Harbaugh the opportunity to laugh at the Pats and repeat Brady... "Maybe those guys gotta study the rule book and figure it out,"

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 11:20 AM
There is no deflate gate tho'!

The league could literally release a picture of Belicheat himself letting the air out of the ball and sycophants like you would find a way to deny it.

Bowser
01-19-2015, 11:21 AM
I think it's just fun to pile on Belichick for fans not of the Patriots, honestly. But I'm with Hamas - if it's found out that they were pushing the envelope, then knock their dicks in the dirt with fines and sanctions.

Either way, the Colts weren't winning yesterday, even if the Colts were using deflated jr. NFL footballs.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:21 AM

Why do you need to know? I've said since arriving here what teamS I follow. I've said I was born in Boson, grew up next to Foxboro, worked in Boston then moved to Tampa.

Not hard to figure out. In fact I had my favorite avatar of PatBuc with BucPatriot under it.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Tim Hasselbeck said it would be incredibly easy for the ball boy to deflate balls ... just would need to be instructed to

Rain Man
01-19-2015, 11:22 AM
It's odd to me that teams provide their own footballs anyway. Does each team use their own on offense? Why don't the NFL officials bring the balls? What happens if both teams forget to bring theirs, because that happened occasionally when I was a kid playing in vacant lots.

Bringing their own balls would make it easier for the NFL to rig the games anyway. I'm surprised they haven't thought of this.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
The league could literally release a picture of Belicheat himself letting the air out of the ball and sycophants like you would find a way to deny it.

Conjecture. I've never denied they broke the videotape rule. But commented on any advantage and other espionage that goes on; and having their own signals stolen.
Do you also have a reading problem, or do those tears cloud what you see?

I understand the Charger rivalry though. So please continue.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:23 AM
It's odd to me that teams provide their own footballs anyway. Does each team use their own on offense? Why don't the NFL officials bring the balls? What happens if both teams forget to bring theirs, because that happened occasionally when I was a kid playing in vacant lots.
Apparently if one team's footballs before the game don't pass inspection they have to use the other team's

Donger
01-19-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm just throwing this out there, but I heard that the Patriots' balls actually have miniature drones inside them and can affect the flight of the ball after release.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:25 AM
LMAO

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:26 AM
I have compassion for GoChargers.

RunKC
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM
I think it's just fun to pile on Belichick for fans not of the Patriots, honestly. But I'm with Hamas - if it's found out that they were pushing the envelope, then knock their dicks in the dirt with fines and sanctions.

Either way, the Colts weren't winning yesterday, even if the Colts were using deflated jr. NFL footballs.

What if they did this the week before vs Baltimore?

tk13
01-19-2015, 11:27 AM

The Colts would not have been using the deflated footballs. Each team uses their own footballs. The Patriots would've been the one using the deflated footballs, presumably to improve the grip on the ball in the wet weather.

Dylan
01-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Regardless of the outcome, perception is reality nowadays.

Still LMAO @ #DeflateGate - Hilarious spoof on the Patriots trending on Twitter. The photos are priceless.

cosmo20002
01-19-2015, 11:29 AM

Bringing their own balls would make it easier for the NFL to rig the games anyway. I'm surprised they haven't thought of this.

Really? In kindergarten T-ball, teams bring their own balls.
Not sure why the NFL would be any different.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:31 AM
What if they did this the week before vs Baltimore?

Well, they were behind for awhile until they used trick plays where the Ravens coach implied they cheated. Tho' the NFL confirmed it wasn't. That apparently didn't change some minds.

cosmo20002
01-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Hold on, maybe there is something to the allegations.

Close up on game ball in the 1st Quarter
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.607997112753455394&pid=15.1&H=87&W=160

By the 3rd Quarter, it was like they weren't even trying to hide the cheating
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608035776048990817&pid=15.1&H=105&W=160&P=0

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:37 AM
has the NFL finished destroying all of the balls from yesterday's game, yet?

wazu
01-19-2015, 11:38 AM
They actually didn't. That wasn't what Spygate was about, and that story - about taping a Rams practice - was withdrawn by the reporter who reported it, and he apologized for it.

Link?

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 11:39 AM
The filming was fairly straightforward — a staffer pointed a camera at an opposing team’s coaches from across the field. And it had gone on for nearly a decade — since Belichick took over the Pats in 2000, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell later revealed.

It was so obvious, the Pats were busted several times before Spygate erupted, including a year earlier, during a 35-0 thrashing of Green Bay.

The Packers spotted Pats video assistant Matt Estrella — who was also shooting the video during the Jets game the next season — shooting unauthorized video from the sidelines. He was asked to leave — then was spotted doing it from a tunnel, which got him booted from Lambeau Field.

"From what I can remember, he had quite a fit when we took him out," Packers President Bob Harlan said.

When the Lions played the Pats in Foxboro in 2006, the same thing happened, Sports Illustrated reported.

"'There’s a camera pointed right at our defensive coach making his calls. Is that allowed?' a Lions employee asked in a call to the NFL booth. No, it certainly was not. So the videotaper was stopped. Then after a while he began again," the magazine reported at the time.

As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not "have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game."

Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O'Leary theorizes.

O'Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady's helmet during the 2005 season.

"He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap," according to O'Leary.

"The voice in Tom Brady's helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face."

That same year, Pats linebacker Ted Johnson told USA Today that an hour before game time, a list of the opposing team’s audibles — the signals a QB would use at the line of scrimmage just before a snap to change the play — would sometimes appear in his locker. He had no idea where the lists came from.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 11:41 AM
http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

Once a loser, always a loser.

FYP

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm just throwing this out there, but I heard that the Patriots' balls actually have miniature drones inside them and can affect the flight of the ball after release.

They deflate in midair

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:45 AM

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

This is one thing we can agree on ...

Goodell destroyed all the evidence to protect the shield - that is how damning the evidence was.

Nobody cares anymore, though ... so it worked.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Holy shit there are a lot of limp dick cry babies....

Deflated ball?

The fucking ref is responsible.....

Besides , anyone watching that game KNOWS a couple psi would make zero difference.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:47 AM
The filming was fairly straightforward — a staffer pointed a camera at an opposing team’s coaches from across the field. And it had gone on for nearly a decade — since Belichick took over the Pats in 2000, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell later revealed.

It was so obvious, the Pats were busted several times before Spygate erupted, including a year earlier, during a 35-0 thrashing of Green Bay.

The Packers spotted Pats video assistant Matt Estrella — who was also shooting the video during the Jets game the next season — shooting unauthorized video from the sidelines. He was asked to leave — then was spotted doing it from a tunnel, which got him booted from Lambeau Field.

"From what I can remember, he had quite a fit when we took him out," Packers President Bob Harlan said.

When the Lions played the Pats in Foxboro in 2006, the same thing happened, Sports Illustrated reported.

"'There’s a camera pointed right at our defensive coach making his calls. Is that allowed?' a Lions employee asked in a call to the NFL booth. No, it certainly was not. So the videotaper was stopped. Then after a while he began again," the magazine reported at the time.
Quote:
As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not "have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game."

Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O'Leary theorizes.

O'Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady's helmet during the 2005 season.

"He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap," according to O'Leary.

"The voice in Tom Brady's helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face."
Quote:
That same year, Pats linebacker Ted Johnson told USA Today that an hour before game time, a list of the opposing team’s audibles — the signals a QB would use at the line of scrimmage just before a snap to change the play — would sometimes appear in his locker. He had no idea where the lists came from.

...and people scoff at the notion Brady and the Pats deserve asterisks by those 3 Super Bowl Championships

:rolleyes:

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:49 AM

Deflated ball?

The ****ing ref is responsible.....

Besides , anyone watching that game KNOWS a couple psi would make zero difference.

I agree that, truth or no truth to the story, it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Hamas summed it up best, though.

And what if the game had been close? What if the Pats won, in a torrential downpour, on a last minute TD drive that was aided by using deflated footballs?

What then?

Let me guess. Who cares, right?

wazu
01-19-2015, 11:49 AM
This is one thing we can agree on ...

Goodell destroyed all the evidence to protect the shield - that is how damning the evidence was.

Nobody cares anymore, though ... so it worked.

Seems to me like there are plenty of people who care. What pisses me off is how little light was shed on the Broncos cheating to win their Superbowls.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 11:50 AM
This thread is a swamp of dumb.

A swamp of dumb ass tantrum throwing ruhtards who seem to base their e-peen size on the inverse of Tom Brady's massive horse cock

go bo
01-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Only one guy reporting this and an obvious idiot. Weighed the balls. Yeah the extra air is so heavy, especially in a rainstorm.

yeah all that air in my lungs is weighing me down...

go bo
01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Why can't they put something in place to check each team's balls before each O possession?!

if the pay was good enough i bet we could get denver chief to do it... :)

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
We'll never really know the truth about Spygate (thanks, Goodell!)

But it's pretty alarming some of the things posted by 'GoChargers' when it comes to Spygate. I mean, Doug Flutie and Ted Johnson specifically.

would not be a good look for Commissioner Goodell taking over the reigns and immediately disclosing that the Pats just got done winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years a few years prior and they were all aided by blatant cheating.

So, he destroyed all of the evidence (why?) and levied huge penalties to the Patriots. Pats were 13.5 point underdogs in the Rams Super Bowl ... won the game, and their defense held them to a season low in points scored. Might be easy to do those things if you know all of the opposing QB's pre-snap signals, eh?

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:54 AM
A swamp of dumb ass tantrum throwing ruhtards who seem to base their e-peen size on the inverse of Tom Brady's massive horse cock

Hey man, Tom Brady is amazing. I don't blame him for his organization being full of scumbag cheaters.

If it's true that he was receiving coaching/instruction after the 15 second cutoff, though ... that's pretty bad.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 11:55 AM
I agree that, truth or no truth to the story, it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Hamas summed it up best, though.

And what if the game had been close? What if the Pats won, in a torrential downpour, on a last minute TD drive that was aided by using deflated footballs?

What then?

Let me guess. Who cares, right?

What if they "got away" with a key pass interference because of the ref being a moron?

Is that cheating?

What if it was a blowout ?

Blame them or the ref?

NoN ISSue imo , if the ball was allowed in play by the refs.

ClevelandBronco
01-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Chiefy tears are so annoying. I almost wish the double secret powers behind the shield would let you crybabies win a fucking playoff game. Maybe it would shut your whining asses up for a couple of decades.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 11:57 AM
What if they "got away" with a key pass interference because of the ref being a moron?

Is that cheating?

Blame them or the ref?

whaaat?

so blatantly breaking rules is the same as getting a call your way?

riiiight

you're dumb

ChiTown
Chiefy tears are so annoying. I almost wish the double secret powers behind the shield would let you crybabies win a ****ing playoff game. Maybe it would shut your whining asses up for a couple of decades.

:LOL:

Donger
Chiefy tears are so annoying. I almost wish the double secret powers behind the shield would let you crybabies win a ****ing playoff game. Maybe it would shut your whining asses up for a couple of decades.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 11:58 AM

Is that cheating?

Blame them or the ref?

You do realize that there is a difference between human error and intentionally altering the balance of play, right?

Let's say Belichick wired $200,000 grand to Walt Anderson to throw a key flag if he needed it. It doesn't matter if the Patriots win the game 100-0, they compromised the integrity of the game.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 11:59 AM
whaaat?

so blatantly breaking rules is the same as getting a call your way?

riiiight

you're dumb

Read the rules....the refs are responsible to allow the balls in play or not

It's the exact same thing as blowing a call

If it's even true....

Hootie
Please note: I don't really give a flying fuck about yesterday's game. The Pats could have played with a 50 lb rock and still won that game.

I am tired of them continuously cheating.

srvy
That's called projection.

Note, I never said they didn't break that rule nor disagreed that it was arrogant to do so out in the open. Such a sneak!
I simply pointed out it did not necessarily give an edge with all the other espionage that goes on in the league.

Oh I dont think this amounts to a hill of beans NE would have spanked them with Nerf footballs. But it plants the image that Bill will resort to anything to win. People keep referring to a deflated football helping the passing game in wet conditions. I would think it would help more to grip and hold the ball in a running game. All teams train players to cheat some. Hold a little its fine just dont get caught.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:00 PM

If it's even true....

again, for emphasis

you are dumb

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2015, 12:01 PM

If it's even true....

One is human error; the other is intentional malfeasance. They couldn't be more dissimilar.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm sure the NFL will conclude they didn't see the tape and then destroy all evidence from the game and award the Pats with 3 extra picks, though, so no worries Boston fans!

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 12:02 PM
It doesn't matter if they won by 1 or 101... rules are rules and breaking them should have consequences.

By Patriots sycophant logic, they could have taken a sledgehammer to Luck's legs, knocking him out of the game, and it would have been okay because they won by 38.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Please note: I don't really give a flying fuck about yesterday's game. The Pats could have played with a 50 lb rock and still won that game.

I am tired of them continuously cheating.

Continuously?

Define that.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:03 PM
It doesn't matter if they won by 1 or 101... rules are rules and breaking them should have consequences.

By Patriots sycophant logic, they could have taken a sledgehammer to Luck's legs, knocking him out of the game, and it would have been okay because they won by 38.

LMAO You're on meth.

Donger
01-19-2015, 12:03 PM
The RF technology that is apparently utilized is FHSS, so there isn't "one frequency" that is turned off 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 12:04 PM
You do realize that there is a difference between human error and intentionally altering the balance of play, right?

Let's say Belichick wired $200,000 grand to Walt Anderson to throw a key flag if he needed it. It doesn't matter if the Patriots win the game 100-0, they compromised the integrity of the game.

I wouldn't go that far

If the refs didn't have a problem with the balls.....then gameon

Just sounds like crybaby stuff

If a ball was slightly deflated, and they didn't catch it...I see it like a blown call..

pass interference or holding can be on purpose....and not get called...

I'm not gonna jump to the cheating conclusion..

This is all whining imo

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Continuously?

Define that.

name the last major cheating scandal in the NFL

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Chiefy tears are so annoying. I almost wish the double secret powers behind the shield would let you crybabies win a fucking playoff game. Maybe it would shut your whining asses up for a couple of decades.

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:07 PM

Well, the Patriots, obviously.

ALL DAY. EVERYDAY!

KILL THEM ALL!

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 12:10 PM
A slightly deflated ball would affect BOTH teams anyway....they use the same pool of 36 balls

I swear to God you people are nuts

ChiTown
01-19-2015, 12:11 PM
A slightly deflated ball would affect BOTH teams anyway....

Each team uses their own ball. They don't use the same ball - not that ANY of this even remotely matters.

Rausch
A slightly deflated ball would affect BOTH teams anyway....they use the same pool of 36 balls

This.

Stop the tears...

Dylan
Monday morning NBC Sports Pro Football Talk reported that, according to a source, several abnormal balls were removed during the game.

"Source: Several abnormal balls were removed from Colts-Pats game"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/source-several-abnormal-balls-were-removed-from-colts-pats-game/

ROFL

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 12:12 PM
LMAO You're on meth.

So at what margin do the rules stop applying, then? 20? 30?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:12 PM

Now, to be serious, there never has been to my knowledge.

Spygate was never proven to actually help NE win.

Punishing them was just a way to appease the masses.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:14 PM
So at what margin do the rules stop applying, then? 20? 30?

Can you or anyone prove that anything the Patriots have been accused of, have actually given them a real advantage?

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Monday morning NBC Sports Pro Football Talk reported that, according to a source, several abnormal balls were removed during the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/source-several-abnormal-balls-were-removed-from-colts-pats-game/

ROFL

There you go....it's normal to remove balls during play.

They WERE (refs) checking balls and allowing balls into play.

Case closed.

LoneWolf
01-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Why do you need to know? I've said since arriving here what teamS I follow. I've said I was born in Boson, grew up next to Foxboro, worked in Boston then moved to Tampa.

Not hard to figure out. In fact I had my favorite avatar of PatBuc with BucPatriot under it.

Just trying to figure out why you spend time on a Chiefs board. Closest I've been able to come up with is that you're a dumb cunt.

Just Passin' By

Bountygate

ChiTown
Just trying to figure out why you spend time on a Chiefs board. Closest I've been able to come up with is that you're a dumb ****.

LMAO

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 12:17 PM
This is a classic case of a bunch of losers trying to tear down a winner to make their tiny flaccid cocks feel better

wazu
Ha. Drudge.

GoChargers
Can you or anyone prove that anything the Patriots have been accused of, have actually given them a real advantage?
It's just human nature.

Why take so much pains to illegally tape signals and try to hide it if it doesn't help you in any way?

Why set up separate radio frequencies to keep communicating with the QB after the 15-second cutoff if it doesn't give you an advantage?

Why tamper with the game balls if it doesn't benefit you?

Simply Red
01-19-2015, 12:20 PM

We're winning one next season, actually.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Bountygate

Heh, I actually forgot about that.

Most around here cannot control their contempt for everything Boston, thus the waterworks ensue.

If Bountygate actually happened, it's far worse than anything the Patriots may have done.

Sully
01-19-2015, 12:23 PM

Deflated ball?

The fucking ref is responsible.....

Yeah
the red touches the ball after every damn play. If it was delayed, it'd be caught pretty quickly.
Also, what would weighing them do?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:24 PM
It's just human nature.

Why take so much pains to illegally tape signals and try to hide it if it doesn't help you in any way?

Why set up separate radio frequencies to keep communicating with the QB after the 15-second cutoff if it doesn't give you an advantage?

Why tamper with the game balls if it doesn't benefit you?

Never hurts to try.

Rausch
01-19-2015, 12:24 PM
At least KC can lose with dignity.

I mean, we lose all dignity after a loss but at least we don't blame it on anyone outside the ORG...

Ming the Merciless
01-19-2015, 12:25 PM
On a side note , how sad is it the NFL can take away a 1st round draft pick from NE
And yet they can still win playoff games left and right

And we get Eric Fisher

Fml

go bo
01-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Just trying to figure out why you spend time on a Chiefs board. Closest I've been able to come up with is that you're a dumb cunt.

oh, c'mon...

she's our dumb cunt and we loves us some crazy lady in dc...

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Yeah
the red touches the ball after every damn play. If it was delayed, it'd be caught pretty quickly.
Also, what would weighing them do?

Air is heavy, dude!

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Bountygate
That wasn't cheating

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 12:29 PM
It's just human nature.

Hide it? They did it in the open. They got caught didn't they? To my knowledge someone saw it and reported it.

It's part of the gamesmanship to steal signals. The part that was against the rules is using video to get them. Makes it easier but it can still be done otherwise. And it does get done. Thus, others doing it in various ways, offsets what another team does.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Now, to be serious, there never has been to my knowledge.

Spygate was never proven to actually help NE win.

Punishing them was just a way to appease the masses.
Lololol

Ok man. They just took away a 1st and then destroyed all evidence because it was nothing

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
On a side note , how sad is it the NFL can take away a 1st round draft pick from NE

And we get Eric Fisher

Fml

THEY ALWAYS, CHEAT! THAT IS WHY.

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Heh, I actually forgot about that.

I did too.

Also, ever notice how many injuries exist during a game played against the Ravens?

Just Passin' By
That wasn't cheating

Of course it was. It's in the rules.

Bowser
Hide it? They did it in the open. They got caught didn't they? To my knowledge someone saw it and reported it.

It's part of the gamesmanship to steal signals. The part that was against the rules is using video to get them. Makes it easier but it can still be done otherwise. And it does get done. Thus, others doing it in various ways, offsets what another team does.

LMAO

The old "Yeah, we cheated, BUT SO DOES OTHER TEAMS!!" defense.

wazu
01-19-2015, 12:32 PM
That wasn't cheating

Didn't Bountygate involve off-the-books incentive pay in a salary-capped league?

BucEyedPea
01-19-2015, 12:33 PM
LMAO

The old "Yeah, we cheated, BUT SO DOES OTHER TEAMS!!" defense.

Ah, no I did not say that. Stealing signals is NOT cheating. It's allowed. It's only against the rules when using video. But teams do steal signals in other ways that are legal. Go back and read my earlier posts instead of using a strawman argument.

Hootie
Lmao

Putting bounties on players is DIRTY and CHEAP. You're really going to compare that to Spygate and consider it cheating? God you guys are dumb.

BigMeatballDave
That wasn't cheating

Intentionally trying to injure your opponent for financial gain isn't cheating?

Explain this? You're on meth, too.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Lmao

Putting bounties on players is DIRTY and CHEAP. You're really going to compare that to Spygate and consider it cheating? God you guys are dumb.

LMAO Come on, man. Obtuse, much?

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Intentionally trying to injure your opponent for financial gain isn't cheating?

Explain this? You're on meth, too.
Cheating? Lol lol lol

It's very cheap, dirty and wrong. But it's just a dumbass motivation technique. They weren't gaining competitive advantages ... If anything, they probably racked up a few extra personal fouls because of the bounties.

I just ... God you guys are dumb

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Cheating? Lol lol lol

It's very cheap, dirty and wrong. But it's just a dumbass motivation technique. They weren't gaining competitive advantages ... If anything, they probably racked up a few extra personal fouls because of the bounties.

I just ... God you guys are dumb

Bountygate is far worse.

Hootie
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Good take. You're dumb.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Knocking your opponent out of games isn't a competitive edge?

Bowser
01-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Ah, no I did not say that. Stealing signals is NOT cheating. It's allowed. It's only against the rules when using video. But teams do steal signals in other ways that are legal. Go back and read my earlier posts instead of using a strawman argument.

Question - did you or did you not say that yes, the Patriots taped other teams and their signals, but other teams were free to do the same as well, and did, with you concluding that those actions offset the original team breaking the rules?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Good take. You're dumb.

Thanks. You seem nice.

Dylan
01-19-2015, 12:55 PM
I am having fun with it - Nevertheless, I had to laugh when United Press International chose the news of New England Patriots intentionally deflated footballs during their win over the Indianapolis Colts as their leading sports story.

Anyone unfamiliar with UPI (part of the big four), it serves 90% of foreign news printed and/or published online by the world's newspapers.

Ouch :D

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 01:08 PM

And we get Eric Fisher

Fml

Well, for one thing, it was a joke of a punishment. They took away only one of their first round picks while letting them keep the one they got from the Niners in a pre-draft trade (which ended up being the 10th overall pick). They got Jerod Mayo with that pick.

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:22 PM
NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino told NFL AM on Monday that, "it's not unheard of for a ball to be removed from circulation and then tested during the week for whatever issue there was."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000460728/article/nfl-looking-into-pats-possible-use-of-deflated-balls

But let's all jump to conclusions this time!

LMAO

Jimmya
01-19-2015, 01:24 PM
Funny stuff here.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Just Pissing By riding in on his white horse in defense of Lord Belicheat once again I see ROFL

keg in kc
01-19-2015, 01:30 PM
I'll say the same thing I said last night: why even bother with the game conditions? It makes no sense. And does anything during the game indicate anything unusual? Brady had a whopping 225 yards passing. Did deflated footballs somehow help Blount run over the Colts?

Further, watching the reaction is interesting. The original story states the refs stopped to check at one point in the game. It did not indicate any findings either way. Then the nfl.com story seems to propel the 'ohmigosh!' narrative but then toward the end quotes an official stating that it's not at all unusual to remove a ball from circulation and test it during the week. Which would seem to suggest there isn't actually much story here. Yet immediately beginning last night they're guilty of malfeasance in the court of public opinion.

Forevermore, I would imagine that if the league states they found nothing it'll just be viewed as a cover-up, with Goodell protecting himself, the integrity of the game or his buddy Kraft. So the Patriots are guilty no matter what at this point. (Of course they may well be guilty...)

My question would be that, if this is something regularly checked, how come we don't hear about it? Why this story now and why is the league itself seemingly stirring the pot? Is this about publicity, or setting up a narrative for the superbowl in some way, setting up the Patriots as an antagonist and indirectly coloring Seattle as the good guys? Is this someone on the inside in favor of a rules change making a play? And I wonder if it's checked so often is malfeasance ever found and if so why is it not news?

Just Passin' By
01-19-2015, 01:34 PM
Just Pissing By riding in on his white horse in defense of Lord Belicheat once again I see ROFL

:spock:

Since when is simply pointing out what happened, posting the applicable rule, and laughing at people making assumptions any kind of defense?

DenverChief
01-19-2015, 01:34 PM
I'll say the same thing I said last night: why even bother with the game conditions? It makes no sense. And does anything during the game indicate anything unusual? Brady had a whopping 225 yards passing. Did deflated footballs somehow help Blount run over the Colts?

Further, watching the reaction is interesting. The original story states the refs stopped to check at one point in the game. It did not indicate any findings either way. Then the nfl.com story seems to propel the 'ohmigosh!' narrative but then toward the end quotes an official stating that it's not at all unusual to remove a ball from circulation and test it during the week. Which would seem to suggest there isn't actually much story here. Yet immediately beginning last night they're guilty of malfeasance in the court of public opinion.

Forevermore, I would imagine that if the league states they found nothing it'll just be viewed as a cover-up, with Goodell protecting himself, the integrity of the game or his buddy Kraft. So the Patriots are guilty no matter what at this point. (Of course they may well be guilty...)

My question would be that, if this is something regularly checked, how come we don't hear about it? Why this story now and why is the league itself seemingly stirring the pot? Is this about publicity, or setting up a narrative for the superbowl in some way, setting up the Patriots as an antagonist and indirectly coloring Seattle as the good guys? Is this someone on the inside in favor of a rules change making a play? And I wonder if it's checked so often is malfeasance ever found and if so why is it not news?

You just nailed every hot button news story for the last 9 months.

Imon Yourside
01-19-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm tired of losing, can we just cheat and win 10 in a row?

GoChargers
01-19-2015, 01:57 PM
For something that's supposedly not a big deal, the Patriots and their fans sure are awfully defensive about this.

BossChief
01-19-2015, 02:06 PM
For something that's supposedly not a big deal, the Patriots and their fans sure are awfully defensive about this.

They are used to defending their cheating team.

It's been like that since BB got there.

They will use ANYTHING they can to win...and I mean anything.

Would anybody be shocked if a few years from now a plethora of more damning evidence is brought to light on how that team cheated in ways we never knew about?

I wouldn't.

jjjayb
01-19-2015, 02:10 PM
They are used to defending their cheating team.

It's been like that since BB got there.

They will use ANYTHING they can to win...and I mean anything.

Would anybody be shocked if a few years from now a plethora of more damning evidence is brought to light on how that team cheated in ways we never knew about?

I wouldn't.

I wish we had him here.