PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs La'el Collins will sign as a free agent

Pages : [1] 2

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 07:09 AM
According to Gil Brandt on Sirius/XM radio. He will sign with an NFL team and that means he'll pretty much play at a minimum contract.

Sounds like he's talking with investigators early next week.

Go get him, Dorsey!

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 07:22 AM
And here is a link... Florio is saying the same:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/02/collins-plans-to-sign-once-hes-cleared/

Hoover
05-03-2015, 07:24 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1-mOKMq19zU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 07:25 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1-mOKMq19zU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Collins has no leverage whatsoever. He has to sign for very cheap per NFL rules.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Come sign with us, La'el! Our coach loves fat guys!

Anyong Bluth
05-03-2015, 07:36 AM
He'll have the leverage of teams bidding on him signing

Miles
05-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Does the rookie FA system allow money to be thrown at FA rookies? Assuming he didn't do murder things this is a really odd instance of a 1st round guy floating around as a rookie FA.

Hoover
05-03-2015, 07:39 AM
If that's the case you offer him the highest amount and say we will have an open competition for our RT. KC should have an advantage since we have an opening.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Does the rookie FA system allow money to be thrown at FA rookies? Assuming he didn't do murder things this is a really odd instance of a 1st round guy floating around as a rookie FA.

Nope. Maximum undrafted rookie salary (think it's about $400K) and very strict rules about max bonuses.

I'm sure the NFL was trying to avoid situations like this where a player can get paid a shitload of money even if they went undrafted.

milkman
05-03-2015, 07:42 AM

Someone posted the rules regarding the rules for signing UDFAs,

But teams are very limited in what they can offer financially, so teams will not be able to outbid one another.
So it will come down to who he wants to play for.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 07:43 AM

Not really. Teams won't be bidding on him. I'm sure every team will throw a max rookie contract at him. He'll probably make a decision based on where he can make the most year 1 impact. It will have nothing to do with year 1 money.

milkman
05-03-2015, 07:44 AM
If that's the case you offer him the highest amount and say we will have an open competition for our RT. KC should have an advantage since we have an opening.

He'll sign with a team that hands him the starting spot.

O.city
05-03-2015, 07:46 AM
I'd hand him our rt spot right now

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 07:47 AM
I'd hand him our rt spot right now

He can also play Right Guard

O.city
05-03-2015, 07:54 AM
So he can be a rfa after 2 years right?

NJChiefsFan
05-03-2015, 08:00 AM

But teams are very limited in what they can offer financially, so teams will not be able to outbid one another.

Our attractiveness as an organization vs. our attractiveness in availability of Oline spots. I wonder if Dorsey would even make the attempt.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 08:04 AM
So he can be a rfa after 2 years right?

Here is a really excellent article that talks about all of La'El Collins' contract possibilities:
http://overthecap.com/what-can-lael-collins-earn-as-an-undrafted-free-agent/

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 08:06 AM
An interesting thing to consider is, if you get Collins, you pretty much hurt any ability to bring in UDFA's, since there is somewhat of a "salary cap" for UDFAs only.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Sigh... I don't even want to get excited about this out of fear of being disappointed about this.

mcaj22
05-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Collins would be gifted a starting spot over the slop we have on the right side

Hootie
05-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Apparently you can just guarantee his three year salary. That's what it'll probably take

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2015, 08:28 AM
Sigh... I don't even want to get excited about this out of fear of being disappointed about this.

Yeah, and even if the Chiefs are interested, they're powerless. The decision to sign is all on Collins.

Cmd'r&Chief
05-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Yeah, and even if the Chiefs are interested, they're powerless. The decision to sign is all on Collins.
Precisely

Anyong Bluth
05-03-2015, 08:56 AM

Ya, I posted them.

Sure-Oz
05-03-2015, 09:00 AM
So why didn't a team throw a final pick at this guy? PR nightmare I assume

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-03-2015, 09:00 AM
So, he gets to choose his team , unlike everyone else drafted.

Chiefaholic
05-03-2015, 09:03 AM
All KC can do is sign him to the max contract allowed and guarantee him the starting RT position. After two years, we can sign him to an extension and give him the money he deserves.

MIAdragon
05-03-2015, 09:05 AM

I'm at a loss as well. I can't see it being a PR issue has to be more to it.

milkman
05-03-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm at a loss as well. I can't see it being a PR issue has to be more to it.

Belcher murder/suicide.
Hernandez murder trial.

Rice, Peterson, Hardy.

Nope.

No PR issues at all.

MotherfuckerJones
05-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Oh there's definitely PR to an extent. But if he's cleared we need to snag him. It would be great for this team to sign him. Hopefully he and his agent look at the depth of our oline and see that it's not a great oline and he can win a job. (That's if he's cleared)

BossChief
05-03-2015, 09:48 AM
I think we actually have a good chance at getting him, if we want him.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Not a big fan of the bullshit way he tried to get teams to not draft him at all this year.

reminds of that whiny bitch Eli Manning

but i imagine it was his agent that told him to do it

milkman
05-03-2015, 09:53 AM

Why?

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 09:57 AM
So, he gets to choose his team , unlike everyone else drafted.

Well yeah, but in exchange for a shitload of money. The NFL actually created a pretty good structure to prevent players to want to not be drafted. Collins stands to lose a lot of money even from being undrafted vs. being a 7th rounder.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Not a big fan of the bullshit way he tried to get teams to not draft him at all this year.

reminds of that whiny bitch Eli Manning

but i imagine it was his agent that told him to do it

I don't think this comes even close to comparison. If he's innocent, this is a really shitty situation for the guy. It seems more like a player and an agent that really didn't know what to do because no matter what, they were going to get screwed. We're talking about a guy who may have lost up to $10M+ because of really bad timing.

ForeverChiefs58
05-03-2015, 10:02 AM

Because players who shot their girlfriends have played for the Chiefs before?

jkw87
05-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Every team is going to try and grab this guy. No matter their depth or strength at oline. No chance in hell would he sign for us over Denver/New England/Seattle etc

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Why?

we have starting spot at RG that is just ready to be taken.

O.city
05-03-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd imagine Collins will be a rt, with potential to play lt.

Could be a guard though I guess

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Every team is going to try and grab this guy. No matter their depth or strength at oline. No chance in hell would he sign for us over Denver/New England/Seattle etc

What? Why do you say that?

Collins will want to play for a team where he is pretty much guaranteed a starting job. That is his top motivation right now. The Chiefs can offer him that. Not all teams can. I wouldn't call the Chiefs the favorites, but they have to be on his short list. I don't think any of those teams would be on his short list.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2015, 10:13 AM

He's going to sign where he has the best opportunity to start.

The Franchise
05-03-2015, 10:16 AM

Maybe because he publicly stated that he wouldn't sign the contract if they did.

milkman
05-03-2015, 10:23 AM

Collins will want to play for a team where he is pretty much guaranteed a starting job. That is his top motivation right now. The Chiefs can offer him that. Not all teams can. I wouldn't call the Chiefs the favorites, but they have to be on his short list. I don't think any of those teams would be on his short list.

In the national picture, the Chiefs are an after thought.

There are more attractive teams that will have a spot open.

Chiefs would be at bottom of that list, most likely.

jkw87
05-03-2015, 10:27 AM
In the national picture, the Chiefs are an after thought.

There are more attractive teams that will have a spot open.

Chiefs would be at bottom of that list, most likely.

Yeah, this is what I tried getting at. Maybe those teams I used as an example weren't the best, but Kansas City has been a joke since the early nineties. He'll get a guaranteed position on almost every team because of his talent, and I'd rather play on a team that has a very likely shot at the super bowl and still get paid down the road.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 10:31 AM
If Kansas city sucks so bad then why does any FA sign here?

why is Maclin here?

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Yeah, this is what I tried getting at. Maybe those teams I used as an example weren't the best, but Kansas City has been a joke since the early nineties. He'll get a guaranteed position on almost every team because of his talent, and I'd rather play on a team that has a very likely shot at the super bowl and still get paid down the road.

He's not guaranteed to start on every team. And let's be clear... he needs to start and he needs to play a position where he can be most successful, which is probably going to be at RT. If I'm Collins, I have a very short list and KC is most definitely high on the list because I'd have every bit of confidence I can start from day 1. If I'm Collins, I'm looking for the team that has the absolute worst RT situation.

jkw87
05-03-2015, 10:32 AM

Right, but his talent level is pretty Damn high and most teams have some need or other at oline. Maybe not every team, but if given the option to play for a higher profile team that's sniffed the super bowl over a small market team that hasn't won a playoff since '93,who do you choose? As much as I would love to have this guy (first round talent that never got drafted is really had to pass on) I just don't see a lot of players with Kansas City as one of their top destinations

milkman
05-03-2015, 10:34 AM
If Kansas city sucks so bad then why does any FA sign here?

why is Maclin here?

Maclin has a history with Reid.

When was the last time a top tier FA signed?

alnorth
05-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Well yeah, but in exchange for a shitload of money. The NFL actually created a pretty good structure to prevent players to want to not be drafted. Collins stands to lose a lot of money even from being undrafted vs. being a 7th rounder.

From what I've read, that might not be true. Once you get past the first 3 rounds, you may be better off not being drafted if you have first round talent and are reasonably sure you can earn a starting job and you could get a new contract after 2 years.

When he said he wouldn't sign if he was not drafted on Friday, that was probably a bluff to ensure that he went undrafted. They knew what they were doing, he was never going to sit out.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Maclin has a history with Reid.

When was the last time a top tier FA signed?

we aren't talking about a top tier FA.

we are talking about a player that is so questionable that he didn't even get drafted. That takes a lot because the NFL will draft just about anyone.

Of course bigger markets have an edge but that doesn't mean that KC can't get free agents.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Right, but his talent level is pretty Damn high and most teams have some need or other at oline. Maybe not every team, but if given the option to play for a higher profile team that's sniffed the super bowl over a small market team that hasn't won a playoff since '93,who do you choose? As much as I would love to have this guy (first round talent that never got drafted is really had to pass on) I just don't see a lot of players with Kansas City as one of their top destinations

Collins is going to making the rookie minimum that's locked in for a few years. He'll want to get out of that contract as soon as possible. And he'll want to play at as high of a level as quickly as possible, which means playing at a position where he's best set up to succeed and make a shitload of money, which is probably Right Tackle.

Collins' #1 motivation is setting himself up for the next contract. It isn't winning Super Bowls. He's not guaranteed to start on all teams. Rookies have a hard time starting as is, no matter what the talent level. You mentioned Seattle... do you really think the best situation for him is to compete against Justin Britt for the starting job?

If I'm Collins, the top motivations are to find the worst Right Tackle situations because I don't want to have to compete for a starting job. The more guaranteed he is to start, the better. Second motivation is a reputable coaching staff.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:43 AM
From what I've read, that might not be true. Once you get past the first 3 rounds, you may be better off not being drafted if you have first round talent and are reasonably sure you can earn a starting job and you could get a new contract after 2 years.

When he said he wouldn't sign if he was not drafted on Friday, that was probably a bluff to ensure that he went undrafted. They knew what they were doing, he was never going to sit out.

Well yeah, if you're 100% convinced you're going to make it to the second contract. Because for those first few years, you're going to be making significantly less money.

alnorth
05-03-2015, 10:44 AM

we are talking about a player that is so questionable that he didn't even get drafted. That takes a lot because the NFL will draft just about anyone.

Of course bigger markets have an edge but that doesn't mean that KC can't get free agents.

His talent is not in question. If he is completely exonerated, then he will be a first-round quality OT that every team made the huge mistake of not at least using a 7th-round pick to secure.

milkman
05-03-2015, 10:47 AM

Collins is easily the top of the UDFA pool, and once he is cleared of any involvement in this murder, assuming that happens, his agent will be fielding a calls from all around the league.

The highest bidder will be the most attractive team with a starting spot, and that will almost certainly not be the Chiefs.

alnorth
05-03-2015, 10:48 AM
Well yeah, if you're 100% convinced you're going to make it to the second contract. Because for those first few years, you're going to be making significantly less money.

Guess it depends on what you mean by significant. He misses out on a small signing bonus, but can pick the situation that maximizes his chance of starting, guarantees most or all of the UDFA contract, and getting the early 3rd year extension. If he fails and washes out though, then missing the signing bonus will hurt.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 10:49 AM
His talent is not in question. If he is completely exonerated, then he will be a first-round quality OT that every team made the huge mistake of not at least using a 7th-round pick to secure.

and yet not a single team even used a 7th rounder to secure him 'just in case'

jkw87
05-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Collins is going to making the rookie minimum that's locked in for a few years. He'll want to get out of that contract as soon as possible. And he'll want to play at as high of a level as quickly as possible, which means playing at a position where he's best set up to succeed and make a shitload of money, which is probably Right Tackle.

Collins' #1 motivation is setting himself up for the next contract. It isn't winning Super Bowls. He's not guaranteed to start on all teams. Rookies have a hard time starting as is, no matter what the talent level. You mentioned Seattle... do you really think the best situation for him is to compete against Justin Britt for the starting job?

If I'm Collins, the top motivations are to find the worst Right Tackle situations because I don't want to have to compete for a starting job. The more guaranteed he is to start, the better. Second motivation is a reputable coaching staff.

You're right, I probably did use the wrong examples. I'm just saying that there are other teams out there that have needs at oline and have had a more successful history than Kansas City. Hey, I hope you're right and we are near the top of his list. I hate drafting oline in the first round, but we're hurting there and he's as close as you can get to a sure fire future locked in starter with loads of talent. I'm just being realistic that Kansas City isn't the prettiest of teams to play for.

alnorth
05-03-2015, 10:54 AM

If you are saying that, legal issues aside, he's not really worth a 1st or early 2nd round pick, then you are just simply wrong.

The NFL teams are so risk-averse, that they did not want to face the angry criticism of taking someone who is in any way loosely connected to what could be a domestic violence/murder situation, even if it seems like he'll be cleared.

chiefzilla1501
Collins is easily the top of the UDFA pool, and once he is cleared of any involvement in this murder, assuming that happens, his agent will be fielding a calls from all around the league.

The highest bidder will be the most attractive team with a starting spot, and that will almost certainly not be the Chiefs.

I don't think the Chiefs are by any means the favorite, but....
It's a short list and the Chiefs are on it
The Chiefs are one of his best opportunities to start and also keep that starting job
Even if I don't think the Chiefs' OL coaching is that good, Andy Reid carries a good reputation offensively

They at least have a fighting shot at this because it's such a different situation than free agency, where the attractiveness of your team and contract starts to really matter.

milkman

If a team does use a pick to secure him just in case, then he could follow through with his promise to not sign and be eligible to enter the draft next year.

He loses that eligibility as an UDFA.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:56 AM
You're right, I probably did use the wrong examples. I'm just saying that there are other teams out there that have needs at oline and have had a more successful history than Kansas City. Hey, I hope you're right and we are near the top of his list. I hate drafting oline in the first round, but we're hurting there and he's as close as you can get to a sure fire future locked in starter with loads of talent. I'm just being realistic that Kansas City isn't the prettiest of teams to play for.

You had me at "I hate drafting oline in the first round" o:-)

I'm realistic as a Chiefs fan too. I don't think we'll get him... because Chiefs. But I really think we'll be very high on his list.

Beef Supreme
05-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Did he kill her?

alnorth
05-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Did he kill her?

The people who know more than we do are saying its very unlikely, and the police do not consider him a suspect right now. (Unfortunately for him, the police also would not "clear" him, simply because they are still interviewing people and trying to figure out what happened)

Collins attorney said that they are currently working on trying to prove that he was out of town when she got shot, I assume by getting credit card receipts from wherever he went or something.

Hootie
05-03-2015, 11:11 AM
let's be real .. the NFL probably blocked any team from drafting him since it would be a PR nightmare

they don't want the image that they're ok with drafting murder suspects

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 11:14 AM
let's be real .. the NFL probably blocked any team from drafting him since it would be a PR nightmare

they don't want the image that they're ok with drafting murder suspects

I guess it's possible but then they will probably block any team from signing him as a FA until things have cleared as well.

Indian Chief
05-03-2015, 11:16 AM
The people who know more than we do are saying its very unlikely, and the police do not consider him a suspect right now. (Unfortunately for him, the police also would not "clear" him, simply because they are still interviewing people and trying to figure out what happened)

Collins attorney said that they are currently working on trying to prove that he was out of town when she got shot, I assume by getting credit card receipts from wherever he went or something.

That's the weird part for me. If you asked me to prove that I was out of town on "x" day because someone was murdered and I was a "person of interest," I would have every conceivable piece of evidence to the police within minutes.

Hootie
05-03-2015, 11:18 AM
I guess it's possible but then they will probably block any team from signing him as a FA until things have cleared as well.

and why do you think he hasn't signed anywhere yet?

Supposedly he interviews with police tomorrow and should be signed by tomorrow night if he is cleared.

penbrook
05-03-2015, 11:30 AM
Realistically what percent chance do we have at signing Collins

CoMoChief
05-03-2015, 11:43 AM
If we're able to sign Collins as a UDFA that would indeed change my mind entirely of what I thought about this draft. Other than Peters and Conley, this draft was pretty meh, esp when there were a lot of top talent that dropped into later rds. This draft goes from a C to a B+ if we're able to land Collins.

SeeingRed
05-03-2015, 11:51 AM

why not? id say at least a 1/32 chance...would be a good grab. Then the O line would actually be pretty good.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 11:54 AM
LaelisProChoice

Oh God I fucking love tags LMAO

Couch-Potato
05-03-2015, 12:03 PM

1:32

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 12:07 PM
1:32

then subtract all the teams without a starting spot open at RG

probably at least half the teams?

1:16

O.city
05-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Why do you keep talking about LG?

patteeu
05-03-2015, 12:33 PM

I don't think what the cops say about him not being a suspect is meaningful at all. Who are these in-the-know people who are saying it's very unlikely? I'm not doubting you, but that fact that all 32 teams passed on him through 7 rounds tells me that people with a keen interest in understanding the situation couldn't find any reassurance.

Dave Lane
05-03-2015, 12:40 PM
I don't think the Chiefs are by any means the favorite, but....
It's a short list and the Chiefs are on it
The Chiefs are one of his best opportunities to start and also keep that starting job
Even if I don't think the Chiefs' OL coaching is that good, Andy Reid carries a good reputation offensively

They at least have a fighting shot at this because it's such a different situation than free agency, where the attractiveness of your team and contract starts to really matter.

Chiefs would be smart to offer a maxed out guaranteed contract right now with a morals cause.

Coochie liquor
05-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Would almost guarantee this.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 01:22 PM
then subtract all the teams without a starting spot open at RG

probably at least half the teams?

1:16
If Collins signs with us, I'd like to see us put him in at RT, take the winner between Stephenson/Allen/Sherrod as the backup swing, and cut the rest.

Maybe Jeff Allen sticks around as LG depth if LDT is still really bad.

Iconic
05-03-2015, 02:04 PM
We've already signed 20+ UDFA's. Doesn't look like Collins is in our plans at all.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 02:23 PM
If Collins signs with us, I'd like to see us put him in at RT, take the winner between Stephenson/Allen/Sherrod as the backup swing, and cut the rest.

Maybe Jeff Allen sticks around as LG depth if LDT is still really bad.

Yea, he might win the RT spot. Collins can play both and our RG spot is really wide open. I still think that Stephenson can play a solid RT.

I guess whatever position Collins won, Stephenson could start at the other.

Fisher
Grubb
Kush
Collins/Stephenson
Stephenson/Collins

Moore,Allen,Sherrod as backups

Maybe Moore wins the start at Center. At least i hope he's that good.

Adding Collins would certainly give us more flexibility. I would feel much better about the right side of our Oline with him on the team.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 02:25 PM
We've already signed 20+ UDFA's. Doesn't look like Collins is in our plans at all.

That's what makes this even more bizarre.

By the time Collins is OK for a look, few if any teams may even have very much udfa cap space to bring him in. He keeps losing money the longer this drags out. I don't think that necessarily counts the chiefs out.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 02:28 PM

By the time Collins is OK for a look, few if any teams may even have very much udfa cap space to bring him in. He keeps losing money the longer this drags out. I don't think that necessarily counts the chiefs out.

The longer it takes the less it becomes about money and the more it becomes about a chance to play. That increases the Chiefs' chances imo.

KChiefs1
05-03-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm surprised someone didn't take a flyer on him in the 7th.

O.city
05-03-2015, 02:50 PM

You could cut some of them

Sassy Squatch
05-03-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm surprised someone didn't take a flyer on him in the 7th.
Why? He'd just sit out and get drafted again next year. Pretty sure he's me be dumb enough to do that, or at least dumb enough to listen to whatever his slapstick agent told him to do.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 02:53 PM
You could cut some of them

I think the cap is on signing bonus money. I read on one site it was something like 88k max for all udfa players. I would imagine that signing bonus is guaranteed so I don't think you can just cut deadweight.

I'm learning about all these udfa rules so I could be wrong on that.

O.city
05-03-2015, 02:54 PM
I think the cap is on signing bonus money. I read on one site it was something like 88k max for all udfa players. I would imagine that signing bonus is guaranteed so I don't think you can just cut deadweight.

Right, Nevermind.

Probably have to guarantee his whole deal or something

Chiefshrink
05-03-2015, 03:00 PM
And let's be clear... he needs to start and he needs to play a position where he can be most successful, which is probably going to be at RT. If I'm Collins,

Yep. The sooner he starts the sooner he gets the opportunity to show he is worth the bigger $$ down the road.

But he has yet to talk to the police and the timing of all this just right b4 the draft knowing it would kill his stock is a major tell to me IMO, regardless of their comments of "he is not a suspect" which everyone is a suspect until ruled out. And that major "tell" of timing of all this say's they are looking hard in his direction.

planetdoc
05-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Once (if) Collins is able to clear his name, I expect him to go to a large market team. Why you may ask?

Simple answer is larger markets are more likely able to secure him lucrative outside endorsements/contracts. All teams are limited on what bonus and guaranteed salary they can offer him via a UDFA nfl contract. The team who can put together a better total compensation package (via lucrative advertising contracts) will likely secure his services. A large market team will be better able to do that then a small market midwest team like the chiefs.

wazu
05-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Once (if) Collins is able to clear his name, I expect him to go to a large market team. Why you may ask?

Simple answer is larger markets are more likely able to secure him lucrative outside endorsements/contracts. All teams are limited on what bonus and guaranteed salary they can offer him via a UDFA nfl contract. The team who can put together a better total compensation package (via lucrative advertising contracts) will likely secure his services. A large market team will be better able to do that then a small market midwest team like the chiefs.

Doubt he's getting a lot of endorsements. Smarter would be to go to a winning franchise with coaching continuity in place and strong probability of starting Week 1. Make sure the second contract is a whopper.

alnorth
05-03-2015, 03:24 PM

He's a lineman, not a QB. So, this lucrative endorsement nonsense is not even a thing. How many other rookie linemen have lucrative endorsement contracts?

saphojunkie
05-03-2015, 03:28 PM

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/morning-after-pill.jpeg-1280x960.jpg

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2015, 03:28 PM
He's a lineman, not a QB. So, this lucrative endorsement nonsense is not even a thing. How many other rookie linemen have lucrative endorsement contracts?

Mike McGlynn had a lucrative tampon endorsement in 2014

saphojunkie
05-03-2015, 03:31 PM
"Hi, I'm professional football player La'el Collins. My whole life, I wanted to be a first round draft pick. But then an unwanted pregnancy caused me to fall on teams' boards. The morning after the draft, I knew it was time for my Plan B. And now you can have one, too!"

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 03:31 PM

How many undrafted players PERIOD get endorsements within their first team contracts?

I can think of Arian Foster and.... nobody.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Maybe Brodie Croyle will hook him up with a sweet deal to star in a commercial for his insurance firm.

wazu
05-03-2015, 03:33 PM
I was a lot nicer to Planetdoc than most of you.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 03:39 PM
I was a lot nicer to Planetdoc than most of you.

And when Simply Red is here, you can earn those brownie points.

O.city
05-03-2015, 03:41 PM
And when Simply Red is here, you can earn those brownie points.

Hate you so much right now.o:-)

ForeverChiefs58
05-03-2015, 03:52 PM
"Hi, I'm professional football player La'el Collins. My whole life, I wanted to be a first round draft pick. But then an unwanted pregnancy caused me to fall on teams' boards. The morning after the draft, I knew it was time for my Plan B. And now you can have one, too!"

ROFL I can see him doing Smith and Wesson commercials

RustShack
05-03-2015, 04:01 PM
The Chiefs would for sure be on his short list. Offensive minded HC, great RB, great defense. We are just a few pieces away.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Mike McGlynn had a lucrative tampon endorsement in 2014

ROFL

MIAdragon
05-03-2015, 04:08 PM
The Chiefs would for sure be on his short list. Offensive minded HC, great RB, great defense. We are just a few pieces away.

Short list, really? Unless he wants to play for a small market team that hasn't won shit sure we're on his short list.

RustShack
05-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Short list, really? Unless he wants to play for a small market team that hasn't won shit sure we're on his short list.

Not nearly as many people as you think will only play in New York or LA. Oh wait LA doesn't even have a team.

He's an OL, he would love to play in KC and eat the food around there.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 04:13 PM

Why does the market size matter?
Why do people keep pointing to winning championships as being important?

Right now, Collins' only motivation is to go somewhere he can start so he can extend into a contract that is more true to his value in a few years. If he cares about the top 2 things, he's an idiot. Not that winning isn't important, but in this case, it's not one of the top things on his list.

Chiefs have stable coaching, a good offensive coach, and a pretty much guaranteed starting job. And the team is going to be halfway decent, which is better than terrible.

RustShack
05-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Some guys don't understand what really matters. It's amazing that the Chiefs have a full roster every year since no one would want to sign here. I wonder how that works?

Wilson8
05-03-2015, 04:15 PM

http://overthecap.com/what-can-lael-collins-earn-as-an-undrafted-free-agent/

Every undrafted rookie is locked into signing a three year contract. The three year contract will contain the minimum Paragraph 5 salary in each year, which will equal payouts of $435,000 in 2015, $525,000 in 2016, and $615,000 in 2017. These are the same numbers as rookies drafted after the 3rd round and many of the players drafted in the third round, so it is not a major loss for Collins of any player who was not projected to be a 2nd round pick.

The UDFA’s are very limited in terms of signing bonus money. I don’t have the final number in front of me but IIRC each team can spend, in total, about $88,000 on all their undrafted rookies. That usually means a large number of players receiving signing bonuses that will not exceed $8,000. So that is a limiting factor for a player who is not drafted. The smallest signing bonus a 7th round pick will receive likely to be about $52,000. So that is a pretty big loss considering for many players the bonus is the only salary they will ever receive.

Pretty good but also pretty long story concerning La'el Collins and a possible contract as a UDFA. - http://overthecap.com/what-can-lael-collins-earn-as-an-undrafted-free-agent/

Hootie
05-03-2015, 04:36 PM
It's pretty simple. Whoever signs him is gonna guarantee three years of his miniscule salary. It'll be like a fully guaranteed 3 year, $1.5M deal. Peanuts, but this is pretty unprecedented.

bricks
05-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Imagine if La'el Collins becomes the steal of the draft? The Chiefs sign him dirt cheap and he goes on to start and becomes a multiple probowler at the RT position. That would be a ****ing wet dream.

Chiefshrink
05-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Whoever signs him is gonna guarantee three years of his miniscule salary.

Assuming the police rule him out officially and you can bet right now the majority of GMs have their drinking glasses up against the door listening in on this interrogation interview.:D

milkman
05-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Imagine if La'el Collins becomes the steal of the draft? The Chiefs sign him dirt cheap and he goes on to start and becomes a multiple probowler at the RT position. That would be a ****ing wet dream.

Who was the last RT that actually made the pro bowl?

bricks
05-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Who was the last RT that actually made the pro bowl?

I have no idea.

But he is an OT though and so regardless if he's good, he makes probowls.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 04:55 PM
This picture is from 2012, so it really doesn't have much significance in predicting La'el Collins' actual potential as a pro football player. I just posted it because it's further proof of what a flaming douchebag Les Miles is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Les Miles tough love motivation: <a href="http://t.co/cGHQqWlX">pic.twitter.com/cGHQqWlX</a></p>&mdash; SDSNation (@SDSNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SDSNation/status/284768668972355584">December 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MahiMike
05-03-2015, 05:01 PM
I thought he said he was going back to school if he didn't get picked by 3rd round?

RustShack
05-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Common sense would tell you he's going to want to play somewhere he can start and succeed so he gets paid. I'm guessing a great RB and a QB who has a little speed and doesn't turn the ball over might help players with talent look even better.

Mr. Laz
05-03-2015, 05:33 PM
I thought he said he was going back to school if he didn't get picked by 3rd round?

That was just BS because he'd rather be an UDFA.

planetdoc
05-03-2015, 05:36 PM

probably not many. That being said, it similar to having college boosters who supplement coaches income and 'support' players.

Put yourself in the same position. Every team can only offer so much for an nfl contract due to the collective bargaining agreement. The team who can offer a little extra thanks to their 'boosters' outside endorsement deals can help set themselves apart.

A large market team like those in New York can more likely pull that off then kansas city....which is usually forgotten. Even if no team is able to offer current endorsement deals, a large market team is more likely able to offer future endorsement deals for a starting player.....assuming Collins clears his name. Heck, for that matter a team that resides in a state without state income tax also makes a difference.

RealSNR
05-03-2015, 05:38 PM
DO YOU SEE WHAT BEING NICE GETS YOU, WAZU? LMAO

TimBone
05-03-2015, 05:41 PM
I told you fuckers we should have burned a pick in him. Why does nobody listen to me?

FringeNC
05-03-2015, 06:17 PM
If a woman is murdered, what's the probability that a husband, boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend committed the murder? Almost 1. Obviously, Collins is a prime suspect. Hell, having said that, makes sense to draft him -- simply buying a lottery ticket that he's not involved. It's depressing that teams can't act rationally like that. Somehow drafting him is turning a blind eye towards domestic abuse -- as if a team would ever actually sign him if he was guilty.

Draft is full of unknowns...

O.city
05-03-2015, 06:19 PM
He said if he wasn't drafted rounds 1 thru 3, he wouldn't sign a contrAct.

Apparently that hasn't been figured out here yet

Hootie
05-03-2015, 06:34 PM

it's better to be undrafted than to be drafted after the 2nd round

he'll end up sacrificing about $1M up front to be able to sign a long term deal 2 years earlier than anyone who was drafted if he lives up to his potential

even if he's not extended after 2 years, if he gets designated as a 1st round tender year 4 he'll make every bit as much as the 40th pick in the draft this year will make approx his first 4 NFL years of service

so now you're asking .. 'well durr why would any player ever want to be drafted in the 3rd round or later then?!'

cuz they'll get guaranteed signing bonuses ... opposed to undrafted guys who have to prove their worth AND some to take the roster spot of a guy who was just drafted

La'el Collilns won't have to do that. He'll likely get a guaranteed 3 year contract (albeit a total of only 1.5M) if his name is cleared ... which, like most 3rd round picks, will guarantee his roster spot regardless of play for at least 2 years

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 06:36 PM

Well he cant enter the next draft so he will sign as a UDFA or he wont play in the NFL

srvy
05-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Sometime next week I fully expect the bracelets to be slapped on him when the timelines don't match.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Sometime next week I fully expect the bracelets to be slapped on him when the timelines don't match.

There is literally nothing to base that on she got shot over a car dispute from what the news has been saying.

srvy
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
There is literally nothing to base that on she got shot over a car dispute from what the news has been saying.

Maybe but why did he not stay back give his statement then catch the redeye to Chicago.

Oh and the news has never got anything wrong ever. Guess we will see.

TimBone
05-03-2015, 07:24 PM

It's not that I haven't figured that out, I just think he was bluffing. No way he wants to sit for a year.

srvy
05-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Maybe he hired a hit?

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Maybe but why did he not stay back give his statement then catch the redeye to Chicago.

Oh and the news has never got anything wrong ever. Guess we will see.

He did fly back from Chicago just before the Draft he could have waited till after there was no Warrant out for him.

On the Other hand if the kid turns out to be his then he could have a real problem on his hand's.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
It's not that I haven't figured that out, I just think he was bluffing. No way he wants to sit for a year.

He can't even sit for a year the NFL said he will not be able to enter the next draft.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Maybe he hired a hit?

Possible but if the kid isn't his that theory doesn't really make sense.

DaKCMan AP
05-03-2015, 07:28 PM
If he was a QB he'd have been drafted #1 overall. Fatty discrimination.

srvy
05-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Guess I am just suspicious when you dont talk to police right away. My guess is he was huddled with lawyers going over and playing out every possible angle the police may take. The cops never say your a suspect anymore about the furthest they take it is person of interest.

mdchiefsfan
05-03-2015, 07:38 PM
He did fly back from Chicago just before the Draft he could have waited till after there was no Warrant out for him.

On the Other hand if the kid turns out to be his then he could have a real problem on his hand's.

God! Now that SNR has pointed it out, your grammar is infuriating. Random capitalizations and pluralizations with an apostrophe. You're killing me.

I know, I know... Grammar Nazi. I blame SNR.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:40 PM
God! Now that SNR has pointed it out, your grammar is infuriating. Random capitalizations and pluralizations with an apostrophe. You're killing me.

:(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c3y0CD2CoCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Also the tag on this thread is pretty dark lol

LaelIsProChoice

mdchiefsfan
05-03-2015, 07:43 PM
:(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c3y0CD2CoCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

mdchiefsfan
05-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Also the tag on this thread is pretty dark lol

LaelIsProChoice

I like how it's the only tag. No one dares touch it any further. LMAO

milkman
05-03-2015, 07:56 PM
He can't even sit for a year the NFL said he will not be able to enter the next draft.

If he had been drafted and sat out, he would have been eligible to re-enter the draft next year.

Having gone undrafted makes him ineligible for the draft again.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 07:58 PM
If he had been drafted and sat out, he would have been eligible to re-enter the draft next year.

Having gone undrafted makes him ineligible for the draft again.

You think that's why no team touched him on draft day ?

Dunerdr
05-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Is it possible he gets a 1-2 year deal then gets paid?

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 08:19 PM

Are UDFA under the same style contract as draftpicks where you can just keep picking up the option ?

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Well he cant enter the next draft so he will sign as a UDFA or he wont play in the NFL

I'll be curious to see how the NFL handles it. Did Collins/his agent know that he couldn't declare for the 2016 draft? I have a feeling Collins will challenge this ruling and the NFL should heavily reconsider their ruling. And both sides better act very, very fast on it.

From what I've seen, I don't know that the NFL can do this. I believe there are rules that say he can't enter the supplemental draft, but I haven't seen anything in the rules that say he can't enter the 2016 draft. Seems to me that the NFL improvised this rule.

Dunerdr
05-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Are UDFA under the same style contract as draftpicks where you can just keep picking up the option ?

I'm jw if the team that lands him promises a minimal deal so he's in the money faster

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 08:24 PM

I think the way I understand it, he'll want to set up a deal that is basically 2 years but allow for an easy ability to extend after year 2. I am certain his agent is going to negotiate a deal that makes it as easy as possible for Collins to restructure as soon as the rules allow him to.

The Franchise
05-03-2015, 08:46 PM

The kid is dead.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 08:54 PM
The kid is dead.

This I know but I read there still going to do a DNA test to determine if he was the father.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Collins can't negotiate a 2 year deal. It's an automatic 3 year deal.
Every team interested in him can make the same contract offer. Where it'll differ is signing bonus.

milkman
05-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Every team interested in him can make the same contract offer. Where it'll differ is signing bonus.

Max signing bonus for an UDFA is 8 grand.
Teams that want him will have to guarantee his contract and his status as a starter.

Bottom line, it comes down to where he wants to go.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2015, 10:20 PM

Actually, what I read tonight is that it isn't the signing bonus, it's the actual salary where the money is generated.

Teams can get around the limit by splitting signing bonus and Paragraph 5 (base salary) guarantees. There's no limit on Paragraph 5 money.

Tombstone RJ
05-03-2015, 10:27 PM

Technically he's an undrafted FA so yes, it's essentially a bidding war for his services, right?

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Technically he's an undrafted FA so yes, it's essentially a bidding war for his services, right?

No. Money barely plays a role because almost every offer will be the same due to salary restrictions on UDFAs. He will pick the place that offers him the best situation to succeed and earn a lucrative second contract.

MotherfuckerJones
05-03-2015, 10:30 PM
I would think we'd have a good shot if we're interested. He would probably win the RG job

Tombstone RJ
05-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Nope. Maximum undrafted rookie salary (think it's about $400K) and very strict rules about max bonuses.

I'm sure the NFL was trying to avoid situations like this where a player can get paid a shitload of money even if they went undrafted.

Hmm, don't know about this. Collins declared for the draft, he went undrafted. It's not like he was trying to manipulate the system. Yes, he tried to undeclare but the NFL said no. So now he's an undrafted FA. Is there a limit to how much an undrafted FA can make?

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Hmm, don't know about this. Collins declared for the draft, he went undrafted. It's not like he was trying to manipulate the system. Yes, he tried to undeclare but the NFL said no. So now he's an undrafted FA. Is there a limit to how much an undrafted FA can make?

Yes. There are very strict caps on max base salary and max signing bonus a UDFA can make -- a smart move by the NFL to make sure every player was incentivized to want to be drafted. That's a good thing. There is also a very small cap for how much a team can pay in total for all UDFAs. I'm guessing that was to prevent certain teams for hoarding all UDFAs and forcing teams to be selective and smart about who they bring in.

In other words, La'el Collins is going to make shitty money in his first contract. Really, really shitty. Doesn't matter what team it is. Every offer will look virtually the same so money really doesn't have anything to do with where he goes.

oaklandhater
05-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Yes. There are very strict caps on max base salary and max signing bonus a UDFA can make -- a smart move by the NFL to make sure every player was incentivized to want to be drafted. That's a good thing. There is also a very small cap for how much a team can pay in total for all UDFAs. I'm guessing that was to prevent certain teams for hoarding all UDFAs and forcing teams to be selective and smart about who they bring in.

In other words, La'el Collins is going to make shitty money in his first contract. Really, really shitty. Doesn't matter what team it is. Every offer will look virtually the same so money really doesn't have anything to do with where he goes.

Which is why if he is found innocent it will suck for him that the NFL made him Guilty by association.

Cost him a ton of money.

chiefzilla1501
05-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Which is why if he is found innocent it will suck for him that the NFL made him Guilty by association.

Cost him a ton of money.

The fact that his agent told teams not to draft him leads me to believe his agent believed the NFL would let him re-enter the draft next year. I get that the situation was unique here, but can't help but wonder if they got bent over by the NFL trying to improvise a rule that doesn't yet exist. It seems nuts to me that they wouldn't open up special exceptions for players in unusual situations to enter the supplemental draft. Or at least state that they'll make a one-time exception for Collins then create a strict rule in case something like this happens in the future.

It could end up working for the Chiefs, which is great, but sucks for Collins.

Chiefshrink
05-04-2015, 12:09 AM
It's depressing that teams can't act rationally like that. Somehow drafting him is turning a blind eye towards domestic abuse -- as if a team would ever actually sign him if he was guilty.

Draft is full of unknowns...

Act rationally ?? What GM wants be potentially known for drafting a murderer knowing ahead of time the situation at hand ?? If he is guilty that GM is DONE for LIFE in the NFL. I guess you missed the wrath of the press on Goodell's debacle with Rice and then with Hardy and Peterson to follow shortly thereafter, and that was domestic abuse. No commissioner or GM will risk that again especially knowing the potential situation ahead of time even more when it is potential murder. Can you imagine the press then ?? Goodell's job is to protect the image of the shield and I assure you he probably sent a message to all 32 GMs that it would be wise if this kid were not drafted but rather signed as UDFA if he is cleared.

FringeNC
05-04-2015, 05:25 AM
Act rationally ?? What GM wants be potentially known for drafting a murderer knowing ahead of time the situation at hand ?? If he is guilty that GM is DONE for LIFE in the NFL. I guess you missed the wrath of the press on Goodell's debacle with Rice and then with Hardy and Peterson to follow shortly thereafter, and that was domestic abuse. No commissioner or GM will risk that again especially knowing the potential situation ahead of time even more when it is potential murder. Can you imagine the press then ?? Goodell's job is to protect the image of the shield and I assure you he probably sent a message to all 32 GMs that it would be wise if this kid were not drafted but rather signed as UDFA if he is cleared.

I know why teams didn't draft him. Too bad the lynch mob doesn't understand the drafting a player simply gives you an option contract to sign the player. Obviously, you don't sign Collins until he is cleared not only by the police but by NFL security.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-04-2015, 06:03 AM
I would think we'd have a good shot if we're interested. He would probably win the RG job

Isn't he a LT ? If so, he won't have any interest in coming here to play RG.

O.city
05-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Actually, what I read tonight is that it isn't the signing bonus, it's the actual salary where the money is generated.

Teams can get around the limit by splitting signing bonus and Paragraph 5 (base salary) guarantees. There's no limit on Paragraph 5 money.

I was reading this, but didn't really understand it.

So someone can offer more than another tEam for him?

MotherfuckerJones
05-04-2015, 06:30 AM
Isn't he a LT ? If so, he won't have any interest in coming here to play RG.

I thought i seen him as T/G

ChiliConCarnage
05-04-2015, 06:36 AM
I've never seen the reason he was rejected from the supp. draft. I assume it's because he already took part in the first few rounds of the regular draft? If so he or his agents made a very poor choice.

I think you're going to have to guarantee him the starting spot at RT. I think most coaches would really bristle at agreeing to do so.

He'd be a 2nd Eric Fisher for Reid. You're going to have to run him out there whether he's good or bad.

DaKCMan AP
05-04-2015, 06:43 AM

Meanwhile an alleged rapist gets drafted #1 overall. It's hypocrisy. La'el hasn't been charged with anything at this point.

Chiefshrink
05-04-2015, 07:55 AM
alleged rapist

Key word there is "alleged". Charges were dropped and he was cleared. How is that hypocrisy ?? Only Jameis knows what really happened and he has to live with himself IF he did anything. If La'el is thoroughly cleared let him play. So you are telling me "you" would be that one GM that would take that risk potentially hiring a murderer knowing that ahead of time? :rolleyes:

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2015, 07:56 AM
I can't believe anyone would feel sorry for this guy??

Police reached out to him the Saturday before the draft to tell him his on again/off again 9 month pregnant girlfriend was gunned down by someone she knew, not to mention his baby boy was trying to hang on for his life at that time. He never got back with police despite them telling his family and agents they needed to speak to him. A rep for Collins didn't get back with police until the day of the draft to let police know he would contact them at some point after the draft.

There is something wrong with that.

Nfl teams private investigators know more than anyone, and him not being selected at all speaks volumes.

Look at what Eagles said even though they need O-line help and didn't select one in draft.

"It wasn't a hard decision," said Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly, whose team did not draft a lineman. "I don't think we should be talking about draft picks. I think two people have lost their lives, and I think that's a little bit more important than that. We weren't really thinking about the draft at that point in time with him."

Some thought the New Orleans Saints might consider the hometown star, but coach Sean Payton said the case made it too hard to pick him.

"It's unusual, the circumstances surrounding his week," Payton said. "That's something I think that a lot of teams looked at the same way. This is significant. With what we know now, or what we don't know, we'd be hard-pressed to make a decision like that."

DaKCMan AP
05-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Key word there is "alleged". Charges were dropped and he was cleared. How is that hypocrisy ?? Only Jameis knows what really happened and he has to live with himself IF he did anything. If La'el is thoroughly cleared let him play. So you are telling me "you" would be that one GM that would take that risk potentially hiring a murderer knowing that ahead of time? :rolleyes:

Charges dropped doesn't mean cleared.

La'el hasn't been charged with anything right now. That may change, but the league is apparently taking the stance that you're guilty until proven innocent - unless you're a QB.

DaKCMan AP
05-04-2015, 08:01 AM

Police reached out to him the Saturday before the draft to tell him his on again/off again 9 month pregnant girlfriend was gunned down by someone she knew, not to mention his baby boy was trying to hang on for his life at that time. He never got back with police despite them telling his family and agents they needed to speak to him. A rep for Collins didn't get back with police until the day of the draft to let police know he would contact them at some point after the draft.

Nfl teams private investigators know more than anyone, and him not being selected at all speaks volumes.

Look at what Eagles said even though they need O-line help and didn't select one in draft.

"It wasn't a hard decision," said Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly, whose team did not draft a lineman. "I don't think we should be talking about draft picks. I think two people have lost their lives, and I think that's a little bit more important than that. We weren't really thinking about the draft at that point in time with him."

It's not a matter of feeling bad for La'el - he's not owed anything. It's more of the double standard and hypocrisy of the league. Guys like Shane Ray and Randy Gregory fall in the draft, La'el goes undrafted. If you're a QB, however, you go #1 overall.

nychief
05-04-2015, 08:03 AM
It's not a matter of feeling bad for La'el - he's not owed anything. It's more of the double standard and hypocrisy of the league. Guys like Shane Ray and Randy Gregory fall in the draft, La'el goes undrafted. If you're a QB, however, you go #1 overall.

Smoking weed and a murder for hire investigation are not the same thing.

DaKCMan AP
05-04-2015, 08:06 AM
Smoking weed and a murder for hire investigation are not the same thing.

How about smoking weed vs. alleged rape, confirmed theft, shouting obscenities in the middle of a student union - among other indiscretions?

Chiefshrink
05-04-2015, 08:08 AM
Too bad the lynch mob doesn't understand the drafting a player simply gives you an option contract to sign the player.

"Perception is reality" and Goodell had to learn this the hard way. Prudence and decency are rarely followed in our society nowadays due to the extreme narcissism and greed of our American culture that now rules. But what these GMs did was the right thing to do BUT did they do it because they are actually prudent and decent or were they instructed not to,to your point ? That's a whole another conversation:D

Chiefshrink
05-04-2015, 08:09 AM

La'el hasn't been charged with anything right now. That may change, but the league is apparently taking the stance that you're guilty until proven innocent - unless you're a QB.

You would be that one GM then??

Chiefshrink
05-04-2015, 08:14 AM
Guys like Shane Ray and Randy Gregory fall in the draft, La'el goes undrafted. If you're a QB, however, you go #1 overall.

Nah, Apples to Oranges my friend. Look at the timing of all these guys. Ray and Gregory's were right b4 the draft/combine. I assure you IF Winston decided to come out last year when all his accusations were occurring he would have dropped big time IF not drafted at all. Time helped Winston get everything cleaned up and another stellar season sealed the deal.

Anyong Bluth
05-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Not nearly as many people as you think will only play in New York or LA. Oh wait LA doesn't even have a team.

He's an OL, he would love to play in KC and eat the food around there.
You're assuming he wants some high profile media heavy market.

He's an Olineman - there's no advantage to signing with a big market team because that position isn't featured for big or really any sponsorship deals outside of local media promos.

He'll probably sign with the team that has the best opportunity to start and narrow it down based on

•Opportunity to win
•Reputation of the organization
•Open salary cap money not already committed to players in a few years
•His agent's opinion
•What staffs he felt most comfortable with when doing the rounds before the draft.

I wouldn't say KC is a "frontrunner",
But Reid has a great reputation as does Dorsey.
KC is considered a likely playoff team on the rise,

If there's a need on this team it's at oline - and he will be up for signing his new deal right about the same time that Fisher is hitting the end of his contract, so cap space will be available as it's been known by the organization will have to address keeping and paying or looking elsewhere to fill the position.

Quite honestly, Collins and his agent have to view KC high on that list. KC only really addressed a potential replacement at Center. The rest of the line, including Fisher at LT, is open for competition. It's not inconceivable if he was signed, they may look at putting Fisher back at RT, and then Collins would have a shot at the LT spot. The most coveted along the lines in terms of signing a lucrative 2nd contract.

Few other places are feasibly open to get that opportunity for what many predict will be a playoff team and likely could win the division for the foreseeable future after this season when Manning retires. There's a lot more question marks about how good can Denver be without Manning at the helm.

Rivers is in his final year of his contract and they have a lot more areas they need to improve at to be considered a possible Super Bowl team, and Oakland is Oakland.

I won't claim that he's going to sign with KC, but from an outside objective viewpoint when you look at the various criteria, it's not presumptive at all to think KC wouldn't be at least in the top 5 places he's entertaining- maybe top 3.

As a fan, I am clearly biased in thinking that he helps this club in the exact area that is probably where they are most in need of an upgrade.

If he's truly a top ten NFL ready lineman, then he has the potential to make a serious impact, and being on a winning team as a difference maker can only strengthen his bargaining position for after his rookie contract.

Mr. Laz
05-04-2015, 09:06 AM

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L0MK7qz13bU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2015, 09:41 AM

Some thought the New Orleans Saints might consider the hometown star, but coach Sean Payton said the case made it too hard to pick him.

"It's unusual, the circumstances surrounding his week," Payton said. "That's something I think that a lot of teams looked at the same way. This is significant. With what we know now, or what we don't know, we'd be hard-pressed to make a decision like that."

There is nothing yet that says he did it. If he's innocent, how can you not feel sorry for a guy who lost out on maybe 10+ mill because of bad timing? Let alone losing a loved one.

Until I see any clear proof that he's guilty, I'll assume he's innocent and cut a really bad break.

nychief
05-04-2015, 10:30 AM
http://deadspin.com/what-happens-to-lael-collins-now-1701997314

penbrook
05-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Dorsey on La el Collins

"That's an ongoing situation," Dorsey said on Monday morning. "As I sit here, I think he does have the talent to play the game of football, but there are too many uncertainties right now. Right now I'll just pass until I get some more clarity because I like to get all my facts before I make decisions."

BWillie
05-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Meanwhile an alleged rapist gets drafted #1 overall. It's hypocrisy. La'el hasn't been charged with anything at this point.

Winston didn't get charged, either.

Personally, I don't think you should be able to get suspended or blackballed by anybody UNLESS you were ACTUALLY convicted, but that isn't the world we live in unfortunately.

RealSNR
05-04-2015, 11:54 AM

When did this happen? I remember giving O City shit, but not oaklandhater

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
BATON ROUGE – Fallen LSU football star La'el Collins' future remained nearly as cloudy after being questioned by Baton Rouge Police homicide investigators as it was before the interview on Monday morning at state police headquarters.

Collins, 21, is still not being listed as a suspect after more than an hour of questioning in Baton Rouge Police's investigation of the double murder of Collins' former girlfriend Brittney Mills, 29, and her just-born son Brenton Mills.

"There is that possibility of more questioning of Mr. Collins," Baton Rouge Police public information officer Don Coppola told Gannett Louisiana on Monday afternoon. "No one can be ruled out until an arrest has been made."

Collins met from about 10:30 a.m. until noon concerning the murder of Mills, 29, who was shot to death in her mid-section while eight months pregnant at her apartment off Florida Boulevard in Baton Rouge after 10:30 p.m. on April 24. Doctors at Baton Rouge General on Bluebonnet Boulevard gave birth to her baby son, Brenton Dalon Mills, later Friday after she had passed away. The baby died on May 1.

Those close to the late Mills believe Collins was the father of the deceased baby.

"La'el Collins met with investigators while accompanied by his attorney," Coppola said. "Collins fully cooperated with investigators and is still not considered a suspect in the homicide of Brittney and Brenton Mills."

Coppola did not yet have results of a paternity test Baton Rouge Police have instructed Collins to take.

"Unsure if he has taken it or not," Coppola said.

Collins, wearing a light blue sport coat, yellow tie, white pants and loafers, did not smile, but looked confident as he and his lawyer – prominent criminal defense attorney Jim Boren – strode from state police headquarters to Boren's vehicle. But Boren did not clearly say anything, including his client's involvement, was over.

"The investigation is going to continue, and La'el is going to now start making efforts to get his football career back on track," Boren said.

As of Monday afternoon, though, Collins – a dominant, 6-foot-4, 308-pound left tackle for LSU the last two seasons — had not signed an undrafted free agent contract with an NFL team. The New Orleans Saints, who considered drafting Collins, announced the signing of 13 undrafted free agents on Monday afternoon. Collins was not one of them.

Collins was a projected top 15 first round draft pick before news broke two days before the April 29 draft that Baton Rouge Police wanted to question him about Mills' murder. Then he fell completely out of the seven-round draft because of the clouds of uncertainty around him that remain.

Boren could not offer much clarity after the interview.

"Only the police can answer that question," he said when asked if Collins was fully cleared by the interview. "In my mind, he's been cleared from the very beginning."

All 32 NFL teams disagreed with that through each of the seven rounds in the draft, however.

"I think he's not a suspect," said Boren, who made similar statements last week before the police questioning.

At least now, though, Collins may have shed some light on his whereabouts on the night of the murder as well as who may have or may not have been involved.

"He answered all the questions they had," Boren said. "Every question. We didn't claim the fifth (refusal to answer a question as it may incriminate). We answered every single question. We gave them all the information they asked for, and he's ready to get his life back."

Boren was asked why he didn't try to get Collins' life back by having Collins go through such an interrogation in the six days between the murder and the night of draft last Thursday, so as to somewhat clear Collins name entering the draft. And Boren was obviously stumped.

"Um, you know, that's a, um, I'm really not going to answer any more questions about that," Boren said. "I think the way the process worked was the way it works in many, many cases. We followed the process. He has made his statement. He has answered all of their questions, provided them with their information, and we're moving on."

Boren admitted Baton Rouge Police gave him no indication that they were finished with Collins, nor did they set up another interview.

"It's a one-way street," he said. "We give them information, and they don't talk much to us."

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2015, 04:45 PM
OverTheCap.com pointed out that rules state Collins is locked into signing a three-year deal as an undrafted free agent, for the minimum salaries of $435,000 in 2015, $525,000 in 2016, and $615,000 in 2017. Teams get less than $100,000 total to spend on signing bonuses for all undrafted free agents each season, OverTheCap.com said. Collins would be a restricted free agent at the end of that contract. He can't reapply for the 2016 draft after not being taken in 2015. His options, even if teams start bidding on his services, are extremely limited and not good for a player who might have gone in the top 15 if the draft was about a week earlier.

RustShack
05-04-2015, 04:51 PM
You're assuming he wants some high profile media heavy market.

He's an Olineman - there's no advantage to signing with a big market team because that position isn't featured for big or really any sponsorship deals outside of local media promos.

He'll probably sign with the team that has the best opportunity to start and narrow it down based on

•Opportunity to win
•Reputation of the organization
•Open salary cap money not already committed to players in a few years
•His agent's opinion
•What staffs he felt most comfortable with when doing the rounds before the draft.

I wouldn't say KC is a "frontrunner",
But Reid has a great reputation as does Dorsey.
KC is considered a likely playoff team on the rise,

If there's a need on this team it's at oline - and he will be up for signing his new deal right about the same time that Fisher is hitting the end of his contract, so cap space will be available as it's been known by the organization will have to address keeping and paying or looking elsewhere to fill the position.

Quite honestly, Collins and his agent have to view KC high on that list. KC only really addressed a potential replacement at Center. The rest of the line, including Fisher at LT, is open for competition. It's not inconceivable if he was signed, they may look at putting Fisher back at RT, and then Collins would have a shot at the LT spot. The most coveted along the lines in terms of signing a lucrative 2nd contract.

Few other places are feasibly open to get that opportunity for what many predict will be a playoff team and likely could win the division for the foreseeable future after this season when Manning retires. There's a lot more question marks about how good can Denver be without Manning at the helm.

Rivers is in his final year of his contract and they have a lot more areas they need to improve at to be considered a possible Super Bowl team, and Oakland is Oakland.

I won't claim that he's going to sign with KC, but from an outside objective viewpoint when you look at the various criteria, it's not presumptive at all to think KC wouldn't be at least in the top 5 places he's entertaining- maybe top 3.

As a fan, I am clearly biased in thinking that he helps this club in the exact area that is probably where they are most in need of an upgrade.

If he's truly a top ten NFL ready lineman, then he has the potential to make a serious impact, and being on a winning team as a difference maker can only strengthen his bargaining position for after his rookie contract.

Thanks for agreeing with me?

Bugeater
05-04-2015, 04:55 PM
When did this happen? I remember giving O City shit, but not oaklandhater
I'm pretty sure you did a while back. I remember it because I was going to rip into him for like the 3rd or 4th time about it and then I saw that you beat me to it so I let it go. If we had a gat damn search function I could probably find it.

Brock
05-04-2015, 05:17 PM

They don't know if he's guilty or not. Which is the whole point of not drafting him.

Nightfyre
05-04-2015, 05:26 PM
If he winds up being cleared, could a team sign him to the rookie contract and then maybe offer him an immediate two year extension with a good sized signing bonus to entice him?

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2015, 05:33 PM
If he winds up being cleared, could a team sign him to the rookie contract and then maybe offer him an immediate two year extension with a good sized signing bonus to entice him?

If Collins is cleared, the NFL needs to let him enter the supplemental draft, then create a rule change for situations like this. I don't think the NFL will do it. But they should. It's pretty obvious that's the right thing to do.

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2015, 05:36 PM
If Collins is cleared, the NFL needs to let him enter the supplemental draft, then create a rule change for situations like this. I don't think the NFL will do it. But they should. It's pretty obvious that's the right thing to do.

Lol.

oaklandhater
05-04-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure you did a while back. I remember it because I was going to rip into him for like the 3rd or 4th time about it and then I saw that you beat me to it so I let it go. If we had a gat damn search function I could probably find it.

I love you guys too :)

OnTheWarpath15
05-04-2015, 05:42 PM
They don't know if he's guilty or not. Which is the whole point of not drafting him.

If the guy had just met with police when they first asked instead of stalling and taking off for Chicago two+ days early, everyone would have known and he may have been drafted.

This is nobody's fault but Collins.

Mr. Laz
05-04-2015, 06:14 PM
If the guy had just met with police when they first asked instead of stalling and taking off for Chicago two+ days early, everyone would have known and he may have been drafted.

He probably didn't want to go talk to the police without a lawyer. In fact his agent probably told him not to go without a lawyer. Reasonable.

It took a few days to get one because most people don't have one on retainer.

Brock
05-04-2015, 06:14 PM

I don't think anyone would have drafted him unless the police came out and said that he was categorically excluded as a suspect in any capacity. Too much risk.

OnTheWarpath15
05-04-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't think anyone would have drafted him unless the police came out and said that he was categorically excluded as a suspect in any capacity. Too much risk.

You don't think that could have happened had he spoke with police immediately?

Granted based on his lawyer's comments today, (uh, well, I, uh) it probably wouldn't have happened - the guy is acting guilty as fuck.

Brock
05-04-2015, 06:25 PM
You don't think that could have happened had he spoke with police immediately?

Granted based on his lawyer's comments today, (uh, well, I, uh) it probably wouldn't have happened - the guy is acting guilty as fuck.

Maybe. I don't know what or who the cops are looking at. I doubt he had anything to do with it, but it's the same as hiring any other guy for most any job. if there's some uncertainty, I don't take the chance.

Mr. Laz
05-04-2015, 06:31 PM

why ... so Collins can sue for a concussion later?

Business

Collins doesn't give a single fuck about the NFL and vice-versa.

OnTheWarpath15
05-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Maybe. I don't know what or who the cops are looking at. I doubt he had anything to do with it, but it's the same as hiring any other guy for most any job. if there's some uncertainty, I don't take the chance.

I understand, and agree.

I'm just of the opinion that if he had not ignored police when they first asked to speak with him, that uncertainty among teams could have been eliminated.

Mr. Laz
05-04-2015, 06:36 PM
I understand, and agree.

I'm just of the opinion that if he had not ignored police when they first asked to speak with him, that uncertainty among teams could have been eliminated.

I can't breathe

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2015, 06:59 PM
why ... so Collins can sue for a concussion later?

Business

Collins doesn't give a single **** about the NFL and vice-versa.

What's happening here is pretty much unprecedented. The NFL seems like they improvised a bit. Collins and his agent claimed they wouldn't sign with a team if they drafted them past the second or third round.

I don't think Collins found out he was ineligible for the 2016 draft until after the draft. Shouldn't someone in the NFL have let Collins and his agent know that before or during the draft?

oaklandhater
05-04-2015, 07:13 PM
What's happening here is pretty much unprecedented. The NFL seems like they improvised a bit. Collins and his agent claimed they wouldn't sign with a team if they drafted them past the second or third round.

I don't think Collins found out he was ineligible for the 2016 draft until after the draft. Shouldn't someone in the NFL have let Collins and his agent know that before or during the draft?

I think his agent was trying to bluff the NFL if any one should fire there agent it should be Collins.

MotherfuckerJones
05-04-2015, 07:27 PM
@DellengerAdv: Source: Ex-#LSU OL La'el Collins has meetings planned w/ #Bills & #Dolphins, has heard from "almost every" #NFL team

oaklandhater
05-04-2015, 07:28 PM
@DellengerAdv: Source: Ex-#LSU OL La'el Collins has meetings planned w/ #Bills & #Dolphins, has heard from "almost every" #NFL team

Damm I really wanted him to be a Chief :(

CoMoChief
05-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Wtf would anyone wanna play in Buffalo?

oaklandhater
05-04-2015, 07:31 PM

It's very possible some GM's were calling him reassuring during the draft that if it wasn't for the investigation we would draft you right now.

RustShack
05-04-2015, 07:42 PM

Someone on CP said he wants to play for a big market, so that can't be true.

ModSocks
05-04-2015, 07:45 PM
I understand, and agree.

Yup.

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2015, 07:55 PM
I think his agent was trying to bluff the NFL if any one should fire there agent it should be Collins.

From what I know of, he tried to get out of the draft and go into supplemental. He was denied. I guess I don't understand why the NFL wouldn't allow it given that it seems the most logical way to handle this situation.

Barring that, I really do question if the agent knew Collins really was ineligible for the 2016 draft. I don't think the rules are as clear here.

Again, this is an unusual circumstance and if Collins is cleared, I would bet the agent fights like hell to challenge the NFLs decision. The right thing to do is let him declare for the supplemental draft. I get that the NFL is following the book, but the book doesn't have a way to address this particular situation. So if the NFL is improvising, they should have flexibility to do the right thing.

OnTheWarpath15
05-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Letting him enter the supplemental opens up a monster can of worms - doing so pretty much allows anyone who has an issue before the draft or feels their stock is slipping to back out.

Again, don't blow off the police for a week and maybe this doesn't happen. And we're still not sure he didn't play a role in the murder.

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2015, 08:05 PM
He only scored a 12 on his wonderlic test. That was tied as the worst score in the draft. That is not a man who makes smart decisions.

He better hope he makes money somewhere and not end up like his dad who has been in prison the last 20 years.

OnTheWarpath15
05-04-2015, 08:09 PM
He only scored a 12 on his wonderlic test. That was tied as the worst score in the draft. That is not a man who makes smart decisions.

He better hope he makes money somewhere and not end up like his dad who has been in prison the last 20 years.

Goddamn. 12?

A half retarded rhesus monkey could score 12.

"If you get a girl pregnant and have her killed a week before the draft, what round do you get picked in?"

I guess he missed that question.

chiefzilla1501
05-04-2015, 08:16 PM
Letting him enter the supplemental opens up a monster can of worms - doing so pretty much allows anyone who has an issue before the draft or feels their stock is slipping to back out.

Again, don't blow off the police for a week and maybe this doesn't happen. And we're still not sure he didn't play a role in the murder.

In the long history of the NFL, rarely has a thing like this happened. So I don't think it opens up a can of worms. Grant the exception, then create a very specific rule change to account for an unusual situation like this.

The supplemental draft is there specifically for this reason. To give a second chance often to players who had unforseen circumstances affect their draft status. And this was most definitely unforseen. Look, no player is going to drop entirely off a draft board pending a theft investigation.

oaklandhater
05-04-2015, 09:13 PM

He very well can try to fight the NFL on this but look what happens to players that aren't QB's who fight the nfl just ask Mike Williams or Maurice Clarett.

KChiefs1
05-05-2015, 09:53 AM

OL usually are the smartest players on your team.

The Franchise
05-05-2015, 10:07 AM
He very well can try to fight the NFL on this but look what happens to players that aren't QB's who fight the nfl just ask Mike Williams or Maurice Clarett.

Yeah....they get drafted in the top 10 and in the 3rd round.

The Franchise
05-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Collins fucked up twice.

1. Waiting so long to deal with the police.

2. Leaking info that he wouldn't sign a contract if he wasn't taken in the first 3 rounds.

MIAdragon
05-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Someone on CP said he wants to play for a big market, so that can't be true.

No asshat, I simply asked why he would want to play for a small market team who hasn't won shit in 50 years.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2015, 10:12 AM

zilla trying to find some way to blame Goodell again

ROFL

oaklandhater
05-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Yeah....they get drafted in the top 10 and in the 3rd round.

Where are they today how ever..

chiefzilla1501
05-05-2015, 09:00 PM
zilla trying to find some way to blame Goodell again

ROFL

I fucking hate Goodell.

But no, I don't think this is on him. This was an exception to the rule and they had to improvise. Everyone knows the right move is to let him go supplemental, if he's cleared of charges.

Xanathol
05-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Few things...

1. There is no 'Gannett' Louisiana (avoid USA Today/Glenn Guilbeau articles).
2. Collins was reported to have setup an interview after the draft, which the police agreed to. Only when Sheftshit broke his story did that timing need to change.
3. Collins went back and the police put him off until the next week, as originally agreed to.
4. The request to enter the supplemental draft was real - the threat to not sign was tactical. By not getting drafted, he gets to choose his team, can make almost as much as a later round pick with performance incentives and perhaps most importantly, can renegotiate his contract in two years.

BossChief
05-06-2015, 05:17 AM
"Collins met from about 10:30 a.m. until noon concerning the murder of Mills, 29, who was shot to death in her mid-section while eight months pregnant at her apartment off Florida Boulevard in Baton Rouge after 10:30 p.m. on April 24. Doctors at Baton Rouge General on Bluebonnet Boulevard gave birth to her baby son, Brenton Dalon Mills, later Friday after she had passed away. The baby died on May 1."

I'm sorry, but there are a lot of signs that Collins might have hired someone to murder this girl.

CoMoChief
05-06-2015, 06:12 AM
"Collins met from about 10:30 a.m. until noon concerning the murder of Mills, 29, who was shot to death in her mid-section while eight months pregnant at her apartment off Florida Boulevard in Baton Rouge after 10:30 p.m. on April 24. Doctors at Baton Rouge General on Bluebonnet Boulevard gave birth to her baby son, Brenton Dalon Mills, later Friday after she had passed away. The baby died on May 1."

I'm sorry, but there are a lot of signs that Collins might have hired someone to murder this girl.

Care to elaborate?

Urc Burry
05-06-2015, 06:27 AM
Care to elaborate?

He has not been in contact with the victim since September (8 months ago) for starters

Anyong Bluth
05-06-2015, 07:13 AM
So he hires someone to kill her right before the draft - and why?

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2015, 07:22 AM
I fucking hate Goodell.

LMAO You look really stupid with this hate. Clueless, even.

It's misdirected. Hate the owners.

Come on, you're smarter than this. Right?

chiefzilla1501
05-06-2015, 07:36 AM
LMAO You look really stupid with this hate. Clueless, even.

I'm not going to get into this here. I don't blame Goodell at all for anything happening in the Collins situation so lazs point about me blaming Goodell is completely irrelevant. I hate Goodell for reasons other than this.

Hootie
05-06-2015, 07:56 AM
A lot of signs!? LMAO

BossChief is priceless

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2015, 07:56 AM
I hate Goodell for reasons other than this.

Unless you know the man, and he has a shitty personality. Or he stole from you or banged your woman. There really is no reason to hate him.

Mike in SW-MO
05-06-2015, 07:58 AM

From all I have heard, the only sign is an incidental similarity to the Rae Carruth murder conviction.

We should wait a bit before convicting. Probably prudent to wait a bit before offering a contract, however.

The Franchise
05-06-2015, 09:32 AM
A lot of signs!? LMAO

BossChief is priceless

They've got video of it happening in a Walmart parking lot. Dez Bryant was the hitman.

Hootie
05-06-2015, 09:36 AM
They've got video of it happening in a Walmart parking lot. Dez Bryant was the hitman.

LMAO

Boss owns the Office Space 'Jump to Conclusions Mat' prototype.

Brock
05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
BLMAO You look really stupid with this hate. Clueless, even.

It isn't coincidental that the league has made a lot of questionable decisions since Goodell became commissioner. He has questionable relationships with some of the owners, has acted in an obliviously unethical manner at times, has told ridiculous lies and meted out arbitrary punishments, and if he really is just a cabana boy exercising the will of the owners, then yeah, he's still a contemptible person. Pete Rozelle and to a lesser extent Paul Tagliabue were guys who weren't afraid to tell owners no. Goodell is at best a weakling.

Mr. Laz
05-06-2015, 10:29 AM
B

It isn't coincidental that the league has made a lot of questionable decisions since Goodell became commissioner. He has questionable relationships with some of the owners, has acted in an obliviously unethical manner at times, has told ridiculous lies and meted out arbitrary punishments, and if he really is just a cabana boy exercising the will of the owners, then yeah, he's still a contemptible person. Pete Rozelle and to a lesser extent Paul Tagliabue were guys who weren't afraid to tell owners no. Goodell is at best a weakling.

Go Unions!!!

Brock
05-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Go Unions!!!

Whatever that means.

Anyong Bluth
05-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Whatever that means.
I believe it means he is rooting for and cheering on his mythically derived origin team's self affiliated mascot for which he ascribes to as identifying being a member of the organization's fanbase.

Go (noun)!, being a condensed version for voicing such opinion referenced above in an expression that has found it's place as a mainstay of jargon familiar within the sportsworld lexicon, but not exclusive to just that setting as the vernacular has found it's use in many social settings across many cultures throughout the world.

Go figure.

SAUTO
05-06-2015, 04:43 PM
:Maybe. I don't know what or who the cops are looking at. I doubt he had anything to do with it, but it's the same as hiring any other guy for most any job. if there's some uncertainty, I don't take the chance.

It's strange that she was pregnant and was shot in the abdomen, that would probably raise red flags on whoever the father was

Dunerdr
05-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Still waiting to see why boss is preparing for his crucifixion.

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2015, 04:48 PM
:

It's strange that she was pregnant and was shot in the abdomen, that would probably raise red flags on whoever the father was

Which is the exact reason why 32 teams passed him in the draft.

The Ex or current significant other is always the prime suspect in murder cases and it would take extreme prejudice to shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach.

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Still waiting to see why boss is preparing for his crucifixion.

Which is the exact reason why 32 teams passed him in the draft.

The Ex or current significant other is always the prime suspect in murder cases and it would take extreme prejudice to shoot a pregnant woman in the stomach.

Plus adding police believe she knew the person. Factoring in how he acted; bolting to the draft even though police are looking to talk to him. He could have talked to them for an hour when they were looking for him the Saturday BEFORE the draft. Not caring about his child clinging to life, or his ex, or going to either of their funeral, the hiring of a Jose Biaz type attorney, etc and it is difficult not to stare at him as a suspect

SAUTO
05-06-2015, 05:17 PM
A lot of signs!? LMAO

BossChief is priceless

Plus adding police believe she knew the person. Factoring in how he acted; bolting to the draft even though police are looking to talk to him. He could have talked to them for an hour when they were looking for him the Saturday BEFORE the draft. Not caring about his child clinging to life, or his ex, or going to either of their funeral, the hiring of a Jose Biaz type attorney, etc and it is difficult not to stare at him as a suspect

Here are some of those signs Hootie...

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Profile for shooting a late term pregnant woman in abdomen, more than likely is someone close to victim, or knew victim well. More than likely be an ex or jealous male, or a jealous female. Someone not just wanting to kill her, but mainly the baby she is carrying; getting them "out of their way"

Also look at who had the most to gain from their deaths? Financially or otherwise?

Yes, it is tough not to look at him as a suspect.

BossChief
05-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Here are some of those signs Hootie...

I don't even bother giving him the time of day anymore.

I converse with Pest from time to time, but keep it to strictly football football discussion. The silly thing is that I was talking about the Dez Bryant situation about a week before anyone else in the media had came out with it and those guys tried to make a joke about it...then it was front page news and they try to clown on me for bringing it up. Sad. At one point, I just kinda lost respect for them and decided to just ignore them cause they aren't worth my time.

As far as the signs that Collins probably has SOMETHING to do with this are clear and easy to see if you pay attention.

His actions ARE NOT of a person that has nothing to do with the situation behind the girls death.

Anyong Bluth
05-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Lotta amateur dics on the case I see.

When done, see if you can solve the Nicole Brown Simpson murder, too.

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Lotta amateur dics on the case I see.

When done, see if you can solve the Nicole Brown Simpson murder, too.

Only amatuer dic you see,

is when you look down as you're going pee.

Just kidding. I'm sure you look at a lotta dics every single day. Lol

The Franchise
05-06-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't even bother giving him the time of day anymore.

I converse with Pest from time to time, but keep it to strictly football football discussion. The silly thing is that I was talking about the Dez Bryant situation about a week before anyone else in the media had came out with it and those guys tried to make a joke about it...then it was front page news and they try to clown on me for bringing it up. Sad. At one point, I just kinda lost respect for them and decided to just ignore them cause they aren't worth my time.

As far as the signs that Collins probably has SOMETHING to do with this are clear and easy to see if you pay attention.

His actions ARE NOT of a person that has nothing to do with the situation behind the girls death.

So the fact that the paternity test determined he wasn't the father and he passed a lie detector means what exactly?

KCwolf
05-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Uhhhhh..... lost Gazziiillionns

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Ex-LSU football star La'el Collins has told police he has an airtight alibi in the murder of the pregnant woman suspected of carrying his child ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Sources close to the investigation tell us ... Collins -- who was a projected 1st round NFL draft pick before the double murder -- spoke with investigators and said he has witnesses and phone records that prove he was nowhere close to Brittney Mills on the night she was gunned down.

Mills was shot to death around 10:30 PM on April 24th at her apartment in Baton Rouge.
But Collins told investigators he was an hour away in New Orleans at the time of the shooting -- as part of an overnight trip with friends and family to watch the New Orleans Pelicans take on the Golden State Warriors on Saturday April 25th.

We're told Collins also claims he has texts and emails proving the group had planned the trip several days before the killing ... and he believes GPS records on his cell phone will back up his story.

For the record, Collins has NOT been named a suspect in the murder of Brittney and her unborn son.

Our sources say La'el told cops he hadn't spoken with Brittney for several months -- when she first suggested that he could be the father of her child.
So far, no arrests have been made.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/05/lael-collins-alibi-in-double-murder-case/#ixzz3ZPXMLsfJ

BossChief
05-06-2015, 07:23 PM
So the fact that the paternity test determined he wasn't the father and he passed a lie detector means what exactly?

That it's possible that he was still involved. Or maybe he wasn't.
Maybe the fact that it's not his kid is a possible motive in a "I've been seeing someone else" type situation. Who knows?

What specific questions was he asked on the lie detector?

SAUTO
05-06-2015, 07:24 PM

Link?

NM found it

ForeverChiefs58
05-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Dolphins players hopped over on a chartered jet to Baton Rouge on Tuesday and La’el Collins enjoyed it enough to take a selfie.

Collins — the most unexpected undrafted rookie free agent of all-time — snapped this selfie tonight with Dolphins players Mike Pouncey, Kelvin Sheppard and Anthony Johnson.

Jarvis Landry, who also made the trip to woo Collins, is not in the picture.

Michael Cauble, sports director for WBRZ in Baton Rouge, posted the photo and gave some tidbits on Twitter after speaking with Collins and the Dolphins players.

Collins “won’t sign until he gets an official clear from EBR (East Baton Rouge) DA. I don’t think any official offers have been made,” Cauble said.

The police are investigating the murder of Collins’ ex-girlfriend and her unborn son, who may have been fathered by Collins. Police have said twice that he’s not believed to be a suspect, but that no one will be ruled out until an arrest is made.

Because of the investigation, Collins had to leave the NFL draft last week and went from first-round prospect to undrafted. Now, the Dolphins and other teams will try to land him on a cheap deal.

Collins is a talented offensive lineman who can play guard or tackle and would likely start at left guard for Miami.

He’s represented by Priority Sports, the same agency Dolphins vice president of football operations worked before by joining the Dolphins earlier this year.

Collins wouldn’t guess when asked how long it would take until he’s cleared.

“Police investigation — could take two weeks, could take four,” Cauble said.

Cauble said that the Dolphins players are not bringing Collins back to Miami. He also said that Landry told him the players — not the Dolphins — paid for the chartered flight.

“I said, ‘BS’,” Cauble said. “(He) said, ‘no for real.'”

RustShack
05-06-2015, 07:30 PM
:

Maybe there was another man in her life, who wasn't the father.