PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports 2015-2016 NHL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DaFace
06-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Since the draft is tomorrow, seems like now is as good a time as any to start a new thread for the new season.

DaFace
06-25-2015, 08:23 PM
The Avs are moving things around. Traded a 6th-round pick for Carl Soderberg's rights (he's UFA on July 1), so they apparently think they can sign him. In other words...bye bye O'Reilly.

I just hope we can get reasonable value for O'Reilly. We need an impact player, period. Can't say I'll be sad to see his salary expectations go, though.

Demonpenz
06-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Penguins need toughness.

chiefs1111
06-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Sounds like O'Reilly to the Sabres could be close

DaFace
06-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Sounds like O'Reilly to the Sabres could be close
Tis done.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/26/d5254e004da2cfc3b9a669cdb6206c1b.jpg

Deberg_1990
06-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Heyz guyz, rate my NHL mock?

chiefs1111
06-26-2015, 06:01 PM
Love the Flyers pick. We have a really good core of young d-men coming up for us

Chiefs4TheWin
06-26-2015, 06:12 PM
My Penguins dont pick till 2nd round.. David Perron was totally worth it.................................................................................................. ......................................................

Bearcat
06-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Tis done.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/26/d5254e004da2cfc3b9a669cdb6206c1b.jpg

Interesting, guess we'll find out in a few years... two mid first round picks and an early second... at least they got something for O'Reilly now.

Can't believe Boston got rid of Dougie Hamilton, but didn't see him play as much this year... they must have some big salary cap issues.

Just Passin' By
06-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Interesting, guess we'll find out in a few years... two mid first round picks and an early second... at least they got something for O'Reilly now.

Can't believe Boston got rid of Dougie Hamilton, but didn't see him play as much this year... they must have some big salary cap issues.

Their cap situation was terrible but, even with it, the Hamilton move is a head scratcher. I think most Bruins fans would love to know what the hell the brain trust has been thinking with all the moves today. They wouldn't pay Hamilton, but they signed McQuaid for $2.75m per year over four.

The Poz
06-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Love my Flames going out and nabbing 22 year old Dougie Hamilton. Huge get that fills a big need.

MMXcalibur
06-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Mike Colligan @MikeColligan
Lots of conflicting info, but #Pens Kessel packages last 24 hours sound substantial. Leafs seem to be waiting for Rutherford to go all in.

This will not end well.
I don't trust Rutherford on making any moves after he got hosed for Despres at the deadline.

Chiefs4TheWin
06-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Mike Colligan @MikeColligan
Lots of conflicting info, but #Pens Kessel packages last 24 hours sound substantial. Leafs seem to be waiting for Rutherford to go all in.

This will not end well.
I don't trust Rutherford on making any moves after he got hosed for Despres at the deadline.

Rutherford will be the end of us. He will rip us down from the inside before he leaves.

Also yeah we get rid of lovejoy for a reason

Rams Fan
06-27-2015, 02:59 PM
If Oshie is a Blue next season, Armstrong should GTFO.

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 03:45 PM
Wow, that escalated quickly.

Brandon Saad dealt to Columbus.

Rams Fan
06-30-2015, 03:56 PM
A few things:

1. Trading Jones for a 1st doesn't even justify most of Sweeney's moves over the past week. The Lucic trade(thus resulting in Jones) is the one thing he can hang his hat on.

2. Dallas is stupid if they think Niemi/Lehtonen as a duo will work out. It won't.

3. The Kings should be penalized for what they did with Richards.

DaFace
06-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Rule changes for next year are now official:

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772168

LAS VEGAS – The National Hockey League Board of Governors today approved rules changes for the 2015-16 season that will change the overtime format to 3-on-3 for five minutes, expand the use of video review to include a Coach's Challenge within a limited scope of scenarios and amend face-off protocol.

The Board acted on the series of recommendations it received from the NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee and the NHL General Managers.

3-on-3 Overtime

1. Teams play an additional overtime period of not more than five (5) minutes with the team scoring first declared the winner and being awarded an additional point.

2. The overtime period will be played with each team at 3-on-3 manpower (plus goaltender) for the full five-minute period.

3. Manpowers during overtime will be adjusted to reflect the situation in the game, but at no time will a team have fewer than three (3) skaters on the ice during the overtime period. For example, if a team enters the overtime period on a power play, manpower would be adjusted from 5 on 4 at the end of regulation to 4 on 3 at the start of overtime. If a minor penalty is assessed during overtime, the teams will play 4 on 3. If a second minor penalty is assessed to the same team during overtime, the teams will play 5 on 3.

4. If the game remains tied at the end of the five (5) minute overtime period, the teams will proceed to a three-round shootout. After each team has taken three shots, if the score remains tied, the shootout will proceed to a "sudden death" format.

5. Clubs who pull their goaltender for an extra attacker during the overtime period (other than on a delayed penalty) will be subject to the potential forfeiture of their one (1) point earned for the tie at the end of regulation in the event the opposing team scores into the empty net.

6. At the end of regulation, the entire ice surface will be shoveled and the goalies will change ends. There will be no further ice surface maintenance during the balance of overtime period. Following the overtime period and before the shootout, the ice surface will be shoveled again, and the goalies will change ends.

Expanded Video Review

This expanded video review is intended to be extremely narrow in scope and the original call on the ice is to be overturned if, and only if, a determination is made by the on-ice Official(s) (in consultation with the Toronto Video Room) that the original call on the ice was not correct. If a review is not conclusive and/or there is any doubt whatsoever as to whether the call on the ice was correct, the on-ice Official(s) will be instructed to confirm their original call.

Coach's Challenge

1. A team may only request a Coach's Challenge to review the following scenarios:

a) "Off-Side" Play Leading to a Goal. A play that results in a "GOAL" call on the ice where the defending team asserts that the play should have been stopped by reason of an "Off-Side" infraction by the attacking team.

b) Scoring Plays Involving Potential "Interference on the Goalkeeper"

(i) A play that results in a "GOAL" call on the ice where the defending team asserts that the goal should have been disallowed due to "Interference on the Goalkeeper," as described in Rules 69.1, 69.3 and 69.4; or

(ii) A play that results in a "NO GOAL" call on the ice despite the puck having entered the net, where the on-ice Officials have determined that the attacking team was guilty of "Interference on the Goalkeeper" but where the attacking team asserts: (i) there was no actual contact of any kind initiated by an attacking Player with the goalkeeper; or (ii) the attacking Player was pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending Player causing the attacking Player to come into contact with the goalkeeper; or (iii) the attacking Player's positioning within the goal crease did not impair the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal and, in fact, had no discernible impact on the play.

2. A team may only request a Coach's Challenge if they have their time-out available and the Coach's Challenge must be effectively initiated prior to the resumption of play.

3. If the Coach's Challenge does not result in the original call on the ice being overturned, the team exercising such challenge will forfeit its time-out.

4. If the Coach's Challenge does result in the call on the ice being overturned, the team successfully exercising such challenge will retain its time-out.

League Initiated Review

1. In the final minute of play in the 3rd Period and at any point in Overtime (Regular Season and Playoffs), Hockey Operations will initiate the review of any scenario that would otherwise be subject to a Coach's Challenge.

2. Hockey Operations will continue to initiate and be responsible for the review of all goals subject to Video Review under Rule 38.4. Where a Coach's Challenge is available on a scoring play potentially involving "Interference on the Goalkeeper" or "Off-Side," Hockey Operations will, as an initial and threshold matter, determine that the puck entered the net and is a good hockey goal before the play will be subject to further review by means of a Coach's Challenge (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review initiated by Hockey Operations). If a team requests a Coach's Challenge but Video Review under Rule 38.4 renders such Challenge unnecessary, then the Challenge will be deemed not to have been made and the timeout will be preserved.

Additional Notes Regarding Scenarios Subject to Expanded Video Review

1. The League will make available in all arenas, technology (either a handheld tablet or a television or computer monitor) that will allow on-ice Officials, in conjunction with the Toronto Video Room, to view replays if, and only to the extent, a formal Coach's Challenge has been initiated (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review by Hockey Operations is initiated). To the extent practical, the replays made available to the Officials on the ice will be the same replays that are being utilized by the Toronto Video Room.

2 Once a Challenge has been initiated (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review is initiated by Hockey Operations), the Toronto Video Room will immediately establish contact with the Referee (or Linesman) responsible for the call on the ice via the headset and will inquire and discuss with the Referee (or Linesman), prior to the Referee (or Linesman) examining any video, the following: (a) the Referee's (or Linesman's) "final" call on the ice; and (b) what the Referee (or Linesman) observed on the play.

3. The on-ice call will then be reviewed simultaneously by the appropriate on-ice Officials at ice level and by Hockey Operations in the Toronto Video Room using any and all replays at their disposal. After reviewing the play and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, the appropriate on-ice Officials will then make the "final" decision on whether to uphold or overturn the original call on the ice. Once the decision is made, the Referee will inform the Penalty Timekeeper/PA Announcer and will make the announcement on the ice.

Plays Potentially Involving An "Off-Side" Infraction

1. The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "GOAL" call on the ice is that the Linesman, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that one or more Players on the attacking team preceded the puck into the attacking zone prior to the goal being scored and that, as a result, the play should have been stopped for an "Off-Side" infraction; where this standard is met, the goal will be disallowed.

2. Goals will only be reviewed for a potential "Off-Side" infraction if: (a) the puck does not come out of the attacking zone again; or (b) all members of the attacking team do not clear the attacking zone again, between the time of the "Off-Side" play and the time the goal is scored.

3. In the event a goal is reversed due to the Linesman determining that the play was "Off-Side" prior to the goal being scored, the clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) will be re-set to the time at which the play should have been stopped for the "Off-Side" infraction.

Plays Potentially Involving "Interference on the Goalkeeper"

1. The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "GOAL" call on the ice is that the Referee, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that the goal should have been disallowed due to "Interference on the Goalkeeper," as described in Rules 69.1, 69.3 and 69.4.

2. The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "NO GOAL" call on the ice is that the Referee, after reviewing any and all replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that the goal on the ice should have been allowed because either: (i) there was no actual contact of any kind initiated by the attacking Player with the goalkeeper; or (ii) the attacking Player was pushed, shoved or fouled by a defending Player causing the attacking Player to come into contact with the goalkeeper; or (iii) the attacking Player's positioning within the crease did not impair the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal and, in fact, had no discernible impact on the play.

3. The Video Review process on these plays (whether initiated by way of a Coach's Challenge or by Hockey Operations in the final minute of play or in Overtime) will be utilized exclusively for purposes of confirming or overturning a "GOAL" or "NO GOAL" call on the ice on scoring plays potentially involving "Interference on the Goalkeeper." The Video Review process on these plays -- regardless of its outcome -- will not be utilized for any other purpose, including, specifically, for assessing minor or major penalties for Goalkeeper Interference.

Rule 76.4, Face-Offs – Paragraph 2

When the face-off takes place at any of the nine face-off spots, the players taking part shall take their position so that they will stand squarely facing their opponent's end of the rink, and clear of the ice markings (where applicable). The sticks of both players facing-off shall have the blade on the ice, within the designated white area. At the eight face-off spots (excluding center ice face-off spot), the defending player shall place his stick within the designated white area first followed immediately by the attacking player. When the face-off is conducted at the center ice face-off spot, the visiting player shall place his stick on the ice first.

I'm glad that offsides on goals will be reviewable - that should be a pretty quick and easy determination. Not sure what I think about goaltender interference - that one's so subjective that I have doubts that those calls are going to be uncontroversial. Still, there have definitely been a ton of shitty interference calls lately, so I guess it'll be nice to at least try to make that better.

Rams Fan
06-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Bieksa just traded to Anaheim for a 2nd.

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 04:05 PM
I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it.

Brandon Saad to Columbus. Didn't see that one coming.

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Damn, they traded him within the division. Don't see that too often.

DaFace
06-30-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm starting to get excited for tomorrow. Avs need one more top-4 (preferably top-2) D-man, and they actually have cap room for once.

DaFace
06-30-2015, 04:37 PM
I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it.

Brandon Saad to Columbus. Didn't see that one coming.

I'll be curious to see how the Hawks are next year. They're still, very, very (very) good, but you have to feel like their run has to be getting close to done. Too many guys making too much money these days.

MMXcalibur
06-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Damn, they traded him within the division. Don't see that too often.

Columbus is no longer in the Blackhawks division.
Been that way for 2 years.

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Columbus is no longer in the Blackhawks division.
Been that way for 2 years.

I was referring to Bieksa.

CaliforniaChief
06-30-2015, 05:33 PM
The Kings/Richards thing is interesting. Information is scarce, other than that the Kings were made aware of a situation with the RCMP on Friday, leading them to shelve trade talks with Edmonton/Calgary and dumping Richards with cause.

It's a big risk, because if what Richards did isn't a big big deal, they're going to have a hard time with trust in the locker room, IMO.

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2015, 05:59 PM
The Kings/Richards thing is interesting. Information is scarce, other than that the Kings were made aware of a situation with the RCMP on Friday, leading them to shelve trade talks with Edmonton/Calgary and dumping Richards with cause.

It's a big risk, because if what Richards did isn't a big big deal, they're going to have a hard time with trust in the locker room, IMO.

Sounds like Richards was trying to get Oxycodone over the border.

tk13
06-30-2015, 11:01 PM
http://deadspin.com/report-says-coyotes-are-moving-to-vegas-but-nhl-calls-1715093618

There's a report that the Coyotes are going to move to Las Vegas, but everyone and their dog is calling it false.

MMXcalibur
07-01-2015, 12:28 AM
I was referring to Bieksa.

Ah, my fault, the previous post made it seem like you were talking about Saad.

In any case, should be a fun day watching the Leafs fall over themselves signing middle-of-the-road players to stupid contracts.

The Poz
07-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Ah, my fault, the previous post made it seem like you were talking about Saad.

In any case, should be a fun day watching the Leafs fall over themselves signing middle-of-the-road players to stupid contracts.

Who will be this years David Clarkson?

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Hearing a filthy rumor that the Blues are considering dealing Shattenkirk.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Leafs?src=hash">#Leafs</a> Kessel traded to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Penguins?src=hash">#Penguins</a></p>&mdash; Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/616288987255283712">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaFace
07-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Hearing a filthy rumor that the Blues are considering dealing Shattenkirk.

Ouch. I still miss him, though Barrie has taken the sting off a bit.

DaFace
07-01-2015, 11:05 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Avs?src=hash">#Avs</a> sign D Francois Beauchemin and F Blake Comeau. <a href="http://t.co/7t4w1rL2EX">pic.twitter.com/7t4w1rL2EX</a></p>&mdash; Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) <a href="https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/616286259670065152">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

I know nothing about Comeau, but we need all the help we can get in our bottom six. As for Beauchemin, I'm glad to have him, but not sure what I think of a 3-year contract on another old guy.

The Avs are developing an impressive generation gap between the young core and the old men.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Sounds like Toronto got fleeced.

Just Passin' By
07-01-2015, 11:16 AM
TOR gets 1st round pick, Kapanen and Harrington for Kessel from PIT.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/616292781384990720

Kessel trade could be bigger hearing Spaling involved and Pitt also gets Torontos 2nd round pick.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/616293416440348672

There's also talk of Toronto paying some of Kessel's deal.

Also told Toronto is eating between15-25% of Kessel contract.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/616294359944810496

The final details will be interesting, and that Pittsburgh power play should be must see TV.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Jackman stays in division - signs 2 year, $4M contract with Nashville.

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Preach.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Penguins get Phil Kessel at $6.75 million through 2022 and don&#39;t give up Pouliot or Maata. How the hell isn&#39;t that a win?</p>&mdash; Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/616296056435965952">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Damn, gonna be a good week for Tarasenko. Gets married today, going to become a very wealthy man pretty soon with a long term deal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="ru" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/bluesbeacon">@bluesbeacon</a> Свадьба в Новосибирске <a href="http://t.co/gmo44gTiGn">pic.twitter.com/gmo44gTiGn</a></p>&mdash; Сергей Нерманов в ВК (@SergeiTato) <a href="https://twitter.com/SergeiTato/status/616300797576519680">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Just read a tweet that her dress is made of one huge offer sheet from another NFL team.

LMAO

CaliforniaChief
07-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Just read a tweet that her dress is made of one huge offer sheet from another NFL team.

LMAO

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
07-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Jesus. There is some serious smoke to the Shattenkirk rumors apparently.

Still makes no sense - apparently the team is concerned about a long term deal when they have Bo and Petro on the books. Why not deal Bo? Why deal the young guy?

If true, they better get a HAUL in return.

DJ's left nut
07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Jesus. There is some serious smoke to the Shattenkirk rumors apparently.

Still makes no sense - apparently the team is concerned about a long term deal when they have Bo and Petro on the books. Why not deal Bo? Why deal the young guy?

If true, they better get a HAUL in return.

Because this management team has no concept of why they succeed and why they fail.

If they really feel like bringing back Hitch and Bouwmeester while trading Shattenkirk will in any way improve this hockey club, it's just proof that they're stuck in the late 90s when you could trap and maul your way to wins.

Frankly, I don't give a shit what they do at this point. They really do need to recognize that they had a window of 3 years and it's closed now. The 'core', even if they can keep it together, has rotted. It's developed a losers mentality (as evidenced by Oshie's 'information overload' bullshit). The Blackhawks core players aren't more talented than the Blues, but their leaders actually lead.

Bouwmeester, Backes, Steen and Oshie all need to go. Jackman needed to go as well. Blow it up and build it around Tarasenko, Schwartz, Lehtera, Jaskin, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Lindbohm and Fabbri.

Keep Ott on the roster for the entire offseason and then behead the motherfucker at center-ice as a sacrifice to the 'grit' Gods or whatever else it is that Armstrong seems to believe controls wins in this league. Perhaps that will lift the curse of Scotty Bowman.

Seriously...this team actually believes that Steve Ott helps you win hockey games. I just cannot wrap my mind around that.

Yeah, I'm convinced that they're simply 15 years behind the league.

MMXcalibur
07-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Preach.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Penguins get Phil Kessel at $6.75 million through 2022 and don&#39;t give up Pouliot or Maata. How the hell isn&#39;t that a win?</p>&mdash; Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/616296056435965952">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

This x 10000

Leafs may have been a bit hamstrung based on Kessel's list of teams, but not giving up the core of the Penguins youth on defense is huge going forward.

Predarat
07-02-2015, 09:19 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Avs?src=hash">#Avs</a> sign D Francois Beauchemin and F Blake Comeau. <a href="http://t.co/7t4w1rL2EX">pic.twitter.com/7t4w1rL2EX</a></p>&mdash; Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) <a href="https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/616286259670065152">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

I know nothing about Comeau, but we need all the help we can get in our bottom six. As for Beauchemin, I'm glad to have him, but not sure what I think of a 3-year contract on another old guy.

The Avs are developing an impressive generation gap between the young core and the old men.
Comeau is certainly a good addition to bottom six, a good energy hitting guy, kind of small but at times can produce offensively. Similar to Maxim Talbot.

Predarat
07-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Jackman stays in division - signs 2 year, $4M contract with Nashville.

I was happy with that move for the Preds, I think he can help them. And I think he is an LD, and thats what they need because they keep having to try a RD on their off side.

chiefs1111
07-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Martin St. Louis has retired

Predarat
07-02-2015, 11:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/ShaneComeBackjpg_zpsmewmlws2.jpg

Pushead2
07-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Voynov gets 90 days in jail & 3yrs probation.

ChiefsCountry
07-02-2015, 03:01 PM
BREAKING NEWS: The Blues have acquired Troy Brouwer, Phoenix Copley and a 2016 third-round pick from the Washington Capitals in exchange for T.J. Oshie. More details coming soon. ‪#‎stlblues‬ ‪#‎OurBlues

From Blues Facebook page.

DJ's left nut
07-02-2015, 03:07 PM
And with that, I'm done.

I was probably done anyway, but the Blues traded Oshie (don't care) for an older version of Chris Stewart who carries the same cap hit as Oshie and is a FA in a year. They got older, slower and less skilled.

Like I said a couple days ago, this is proof to me that these guys are 15 years behind and simply don't know how to win. Armstrong and Hitchcock are guessing at this point.

I'm out. Wake me when they've broomed the front office.

Predarat
07-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Shit the Blues got prison raped in that one. Trotz is going to love the hell out of Oshie.

MMXcalibur
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
WTF, St. Louis....that's a horrible fucking trade.

DJ's left nut
07-02-2015, 04:53 PM
C'mon, KC - get a goddamn hockey team to Kansas City so I can cut ties with these worthless fuckups once and for all.

KCinNY
07-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Not loving the Oshie for Brouwer trade.

I wonder what other trades may be forthcoming from Armstrong in the coming weeks. Haven't heard any rumors.

I'm probably in the minority among Blues fans, but I don't want them to move Backes.

Rams Fan
07-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Not loving the Oshie for Brouwer trade.

I wonder what other trades may be forthcoming from Armstrong in the coming weeks. Haven't heard any rumors.

I'm probably in the minority among Blues fans, but I don't want them to move Backes.

I don't want Backes gone. If they don't make another move, I'm fairly content with the lineup currently. Though, Ott's worthless ass can GTFO. I'm fine with Backes/Berglund/Steen staying. Backes is forced to be in a shutdown role which further hampers his offensive opportunities.

As for the Oshie deal, I get why people are ripping on it. However, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. When the entire fucking league knows you want to deal a player, it's highly unlikely you'll get a fair return(see: Kessel).

Chiefs4TheWin
07-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Martin St. Louis has retired

Awwwwwww man. Huge respect for MSL!!!! As a Penguins fan, to see him get his entire face ripped out in our series with the lightning, then play the next game and come back from 3-1, then when his mother died while with the Rangers, and they come back and beat us down 3-1. Guy has my eternal respect.

Chiefs4TheWin
07-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Preach.

On an 8 year contract none the less, sucks to lose Kapenen, but for the winger we ""NEEDED"" this trade was a win, lol on Toronto eating 15% of the salary. Also good luck to Paul Martin. Amazing letter to Pens fans in the local papers.

Edit- Paul Martin Letter to Pens fans. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-martin-pittsburgh-penguins-letter/

CaliforniaChief
07-03-2015, 07:40 AM
C'mon, KC - get a goddamn hockey team to Kansas City so I can cut ties with these worthless fuckups once and for all.

I'm with you. I mean, I love the Kings, but always with the caveat that the MOMENT KC gets a team, I'm gone.

Is there ANY possibility of this happening? Sounds like KC is at least 3rd or 4th in line at this point.

KCinNY
07-03-2015, 07:46 AM
I, too, would love it if K.C. landed an NHL team for the Sprint Center. I'd love to drop the Blues in favor of a local team.

I heard that the Coyotes are having all kinds of problems with their lease/arena....but I also heard that they will be moving to Vegas if they move at all.

ChiefsCountry
07-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Come on the Blues are just an extension of the Chiefs for us. August to April, same stuff, different league, different city, same results.

Discuss Thrower
07-03-2015, 03:43 PM
I, too, would love it if K.C. landed an NHL team for the Sprint Center. I'd love to drop the Blues in favor of a local team.

I heard that the Coyotes are having all kinds of problems with their lease/arena....but I also heard that they will be moving to Vegas if they move at all.

If I were to guess the likelihood of where the Coyotes play five years from now, I'd rank it:

Phoenix > Seattle > Quebec City > Las Vegas > KC.

MotherfuckerJones
07-03-2015, 03:52 PM
On an 8 year contract none the less, sucks to lose Kapenen, but for the winger we ""NEEDED"" this trade was a win, lol on Toronto eating 15% of the salary. Also good luck to Paul Martin. Amazing letter to Pens fans in the local papers.

Edit- Paul Martin Letter to Pens fans. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-martin-pittsburgh-penguins-letter/

Kessel needs to come in not be the "cancer" he supposedly was in Toronto. New team with Crosby and Malkin should make that a near certainty.

Gadzooks
07-03-2015, 05:23 PM
If I were to guess the likelihood of where the Coyotes play five years from now, I'd rank it:

Phoenix > Seattle > Quebec City > Las Vegas > KC.

I'd move Q.C. above Seattle and add Hamilton at the end.

The way I see it if Phoenix is out of the picture:

Quebec City > Las Vegas> Seattle > KC > Hamilton

Montreal and Ottawa will complain about Q.C.
Las Vegas is a heat score for the gambling
Vancouver will complain about Seattle
St. Louis will complain about K.C.
Toronto and Buffalo will complain about Hamilton

Quebec City has already had a successful NHL team in the past and is probably a better NHL market than Winnipeg is now.

If anything, the NHL should avoid Vegas. The USFL and CFL have proven that in the past but the money offers for a franchise might be overwhelming to the NHL.

Seattle and K.C. would be the next markets based on population.

Hamilton is still a highly viable site in terms of possible revenue with it's placement in the "Golden Horseshoe" and the backing of Blackberry ex CEO Jim Balsillie.

DaFace
07-06-2015, 03:59 PM
I'm with you. I mean, I love the Kings, but always with the caveat that the MOMENT KC gets a team, I'm gone.

Is there ANY possibility of this happening? Sounds like KC is at least 3rd or 4th in line at this point.

Mellinger says KC isn't in the conversation for this round of expansion.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article26509780.html

And a little more context from Puck Daddy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kansas-city-not-in-nhl-expansion-hunt--despite-past-attempts--155312472.html

Bearcat
07-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Mellinger says KC isn't in the conversation for this round of expansion.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article26509780.html

And a little more context from Puck Daddy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kansas-city-not-in-nhl-expansion-hunt--despite-past-attempts--155312472.html

Ouch...

It was built in large part because the sports and entertainment management company AEG promised to do everything it could to bring a pro team to Kansas City.

AEG is now heavily involved in landing a NHL expansion team — for Las Vegas, in a new building the company owns and manages.

Doesn't seem like a great idea for the NHL to move from one transplant city in the desert to another transplant city in the desert, but I guess at least Vegas doesn't already support the MLB, NBA, and NFL.

DJ's left nut
07-07-2015, 11:07 AM
8 yrs, $60 million for Tarasenko.

Have fun losing in the first round, Tank. Sorry to waste such a premier talent on such a shitbird franchise.

Predarat
07-07-2015, 11:24 AM
I'd move Q.C. above Seattle and add Hamilton at the end.

The way I see it if Phoenix is out of the picture:

Quebec City > Las Vegas> Seattle > KC > Hamilton

Montreal and Ottawa will complain about Q.C.
Las Vegas is a heat score for the gambling
Vancouver will complain about Seattle
St. Louis will complain about K.C.
Toronto and Buffalo will complain about Hamilton

Quebec City has already had a successful NHL team in the past and is probably a better NHL market than Winnipeg is now.

If anything, the NHL should avoid Vegas. The USFL and CFL have proven that in the past but the money offers for a franchise might be overwhelming to the NHL.

Seattle and K.C. would be the next markets based on population.

Hamilton is still a highly viable site in terms of possible revenue with it's placement in the "Golden Horseshoe" and the backing of Blackberry ex CEO Jim Balsillie.
Fuck that guy.

DaFace
07-07-2015, 04:17 PM
8 yrs, $60 million for Tarasenko.

Have fun losing in the first round, Tank. Sorry to waste such a premier talent on such a shitbird franchise.

Apparently the Blues think he's as good as Ryan O'Reilly. :D

Bearcat
07-07-2015, 07:00 PM

Ha.

:doh!:

The Poz
07-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Without reading those articles, it seems the problem with KC getting a team is not the city or arena, it's the fact that nobody has stepped up to own the potential franchise. The price tag for a franchise has gone up dramatically over the past few years and it's scaring people away. The fear of their team becoming a "Phoenix" and failing miserably must also be in the back of their minds.
As for the city of Hamilton (my home town), there wouldn't be any lack of local support. People are hockey crazy here. You could seriously put a dozen NHL teams in Southern Ontario and they'd all do well. The problem with Hamilton is commissioner Gary Bettman. He see's Hamilton as a poor sell on the road in American cities and it could also hurt Buffalo as many of the Sabers fans are from Ontario. Many being Hamilton. I know many Hamiltonians who have Buffalo season tickets. Easier drive and less expensive than heading to Toronto for a game. The only hope in hell for Hamilton ("The Hammer" as it's known around here) is if an existing owner moves their team up here.

In other NHL news, my brother-in-law will be signing with a new team tomorrow. I'm not divulging who this mystery team is as I've been sworn to secrecy. It'll be released tomorrow, as I've been told. Our family couldn't be happier for him, my sister and their little one.

DJ's left nut
07-07-2015, 09:44 PM

Jesus Mary...what the hell were the Sabres thinking?

Thank God that contract didn't end up re-setting the market. The Phils went out there and gave Ryan Howard a deal that screwed up the FA market...arguably permanently. Giving Ryan O'Reilly 7 years at $7.5 million per sure seems like a similarly ill-fated decision.

I mean hell, what is O'Reilly that Oshie isn't? That is completely insane.

DaFace
07-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Jesus Mary...what the hell were the Sabres thinking?

Thank God that contract didn't end up re-setting the market. The Phils went out there and gave Ryan Howard a deal that screwed up the FA market...arguably permanently. Giving Ryan O'Reilly 7 years at $7.5 million per sure seems like a similarly ill-fated decision.

I mean hell, what is O'Reilly that Oshie isn't? That is completely insane.

O'Reilly's argument is that the Avs didn't give him a chance to really be a leader on the team, and the team around him sucked. There's probably some truth to that, but I'm definitely skeptical that he's going to be worth that contract.

Bearcat
07-08-2015, 05:36 AM
O'Reilly's argument is that the Avs didn't give him a chance to really be a leader on the team, and the team around him sucked. There's probably some truth to that, but I'm definitely skeptical that he's going to be worth that contract.

Going to Buffalo will surely fix that. :spock:

But yeah, Tarasenko could have asked for $10 million/year after O'Reilly's contract. Owners throw money at players and then lock them out every few years... genius, really.

Predarat
07-08-2015, 07:06 AM
In other NHL news, my brother-in-law will be signing with a new team tomorrow. I'm not divulging who this mystery team is as I've been sworn to secrecy. It'll be released tomorrow, as I've been told. Our family couldn't be happier for him, my sister and their little one.

I'm happy for him, hope its Nashville again but I doubt that very much. Cannot wait to hear his new destination, hope it all works out for him.

The Poz
07-08-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm happy for him, hope its Nashville again but I doubt that very much. Cannot wait to hear his new destination, hope it all works out for him.

Thanks. And yeah, not the Preds. That's all I can give you for now.
It's a team that's apparently been interested in him for a while as he knows the GM and they could use some toughness. They almost grabbed him off of Calgary's waivers last season but wouldn't have worked out roster wise.
They just bought a house in Cal last year but luckily Kari Ramo is going to rent it from them as he just signed his 1 year extension.

DJ's left nut
07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Brian McGrattan?

The Poz
07-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Brian McGrattan?

yep

Predarat
07-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Quack Quack Quack, Mr BigErn! Awesome!

ChiefsCountry
07-11-2015, 09:03 AM
From Calgary to Anaheim, talk about culture shock.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-11-2015, 10:50 AM
Now get rid of Bo and OTT

Bearcat
07-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Well, at least it wasn't a house...

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/794681

Report: Sabres' O'Reilly charged with impaired driving after hitting coffee shop

Ryan O'Reilly may have gotten a little carried away at the cottage.

The Middlesex County branch of the Ontario Provincial Police has charged the Buffalo Sabres forward with impaired driving, according to Craig Needles of 980 News. O'Reilly was charged after he allegedly hit a Tim Hortons location in Lucan, Ont., with his pickup truck around 4 a.m. on Thursday.

"We're very concerned about the number of impaired drivers out there," OPP Constable Liz Melvin told reporters. "We encourage everyone to make alternative arrangements and not choose to drive with any amount of alcohol in their system."

O'Reilly was born in nearby Clinton, Ont., and has a cottage on Lake Huron. He is scheduled to appear in court in London, Ont., on August 20.

O'Reilly was awarded the Lady Byng Trophy for sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct in 2014. Buffalo acquired the 24-year-old from the Colorado Avalanche in June and signed him to a seven-year contract extension with an average annual value of $7.5 million.

DaFace
07-13-2015, 06:13 PM
Well, glad it's not the Avs problem to deal with I guess. :shake:

Rams Fan
07-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Dumb ass.

DaFace
08-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Patrick Kane may be in deep shit.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sources-patrick-kane-target-of-rape-investigation-20150806

Sources: Patrick Kane target of rape investigation
By Dan Herbeck | News Staff Reporter | Google+ , Lou Michel | News Staff Reporter ,
Tim Graham | News Sports Reporter | @ByTimGraham | Google+
on August 6, 2015 - 12:15 PM, updated August 6, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Patrick Kane, the Chicago Blackhawks star who grew up in South Buffalo, is the target of a rape investigation by Hamburg police for an incident that occurred over the last weekend, two law enforcement sources have told The Buffalo News.

A local woman has accused Kane of a sexual assault, the sources said.

The law enforcement sources said the woman went to a hospital and tests using a rape kit were performed.

Kane, 26, has a home in Hamburg. He has not been charged with any crime.

The News also learned from a law enforcement official that at least one other local police agency has been asked to assist with the investigation, and the other police agency was told the investigation involves an allegation against Kane. The agency was told that Roseanne Johnson, chief of the Erie County District Attorney’s Special Victims Bureau, is the prosecutor assigned to the case.

On Wednesday, both Hamburg Police Chief Gregory G. Wickett and the Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III said they could neither confirm nor deny the existence of the investigation.

Paul J. Cambria Jr., a defense lawyer who represented Kane in the past, declined to comment Thursday. When contacted Wednesday, Cambria said: “I have nothing to say.”

Cambria represented Kane in a 2009 case involving an altercation with a Buffalo cabdriver.

In that case, Kane and his cousin pleaded to disorderly conduct, a noncriminal violation, after the two were accused of assaulting a taxi driver in his cab on the morning of Aug. 9, 2009.

The National Hockey League said Thursday it was aware of the police investigation.

“We are aware of the police investigation and are following developments,” said the NHL’s Frank Brown, group vice president of communications.

The Blackhawks had a similar response: “We are aware of the matter and are in the process of gathering information. It would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

Kane is scheduled to bring the Stanley Cup to Buffalo this weekend as part of the Blackhawks’ victory celebration.

The News went to Kane’s Hamburg home Wednesday morning to seek his comment but was denied access by a man at the house who did not identify himself.

A reporter asked the same man working at the home if he could leave a card to speak with Kane but was denied and told to leave the property.

Two sources said Hamburg police officials have forbidden their officers and detectives from publicly discussing the investigation.

“We can neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of a criminal investigation until such a time as a person is charged with a crime,” said Hamburg Police Chief Gregory G. Wickett.

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III used very similar language when asked about an investigation.

“We neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of an investigation until such time as someone has been charged with a crime,” Sedita said.

Wickett denied The News access to the police blotter for the weekend but suggested The News file a Freedom of Information Law request.

The News presented him with two FOI requests, one seeking complaints or reports filed with the department for a specific period of time and the other seeking any complaints or reports involving Kane for that same period of time.

But it may be some time before The News can see whether a complaint was filed. The town has 20 days to accept or reject the request.

Predarat
08-26-2015, 03:24 PM
Would anyone on here like to join an established fantasy/dynasty league? The league has one opening, its a 20 team league, 40 roster players with 35 keepers and 5 from the draft. If that sounds good to anyone I can send a link to the league and the team you would take over, currently named the Boston Bruins, but you can change the name to any of the 10 NHL team names that are not taken.

DaFace
09-07-2015, 03:53 PM
I have to admit - the Avs' new third jerseys are pretty damn sweet:

http://i.imgur.com/8eglTn8.png

C3HIEF3S
09-07-2015, 04:49 PM

They're alright. Much better than their primary home/roads. Those things need to go ASAP, imo. One of, if not the, last Edge-piping victims still standing.

Side note, the Ducks' new thirds also leaked today:
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/COU3YNKU8AAeF8j.jpg

KCUnited
09-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Kane investigation is getting bizarre.

Attorney for the alleged victim is giving a presser saying the rape kit that was performed was stolen from police custody and placed at the alleged victims mothers doorstep. He's speculating that the evidence bag that was holding the rape kit was torn open and tampered with. He's asking for an independent investigation of law enforcement charged with storing the rape kit.

DaFace
09-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Kane investigation is getting bizarre.

Attorney for the alleged victim is giving a presser saying the rape kit that was performed was stolen from police custody and placed at the alleged victims mothers doorstep. He's speculating that the evidence bag that was holding the rape kit was torn open and tampered with. He's asking for an independent investigation of law enforcement charged with storing the rape kit.

:spock:

KCUnited
09-23-2015, 11:50 AM
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/983347/attorney-patrick-kanes-accuser-rape-kit-tampered

The attorney representing the accuser of Blackhawk Patrick Kane said at news conference Wednesday afternoon that the evidence bag containing the rape kit performed on the woman was anonymously delivered to the front door of her mother’s home Tuesday.

“This is no hoax,” attorney Thomas J. Eaonnou said. The evidence bag had been torn open and folded into small squares as if it were being thrown out.

DaFace
09-24-2015, 09:58 PM
What in the bloody hell is going on?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kane accuser lawyer says new information is making him step away from representing her.</p>&mdash; Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) <a href="https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/647211294987161601">September 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

DaFace
09-24-2015, 10:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/lawyer-for-patrick-kane-accuser-withdraws-from-case-on-ethical-grounds-012036621.html

On Thursday night, Eoannou said he was no longer confident in the story he was told when the mother delivered the bag to him.

"I no longer have the confidence in the manner and means in which that bag came to my office,” he said. “I looked into it, and I decided to withdraw."

Eoannou said he was confident that the evidence bag was in fact a rape kit and was in fact from the Patrick Kane case. He just lacked the confidence that the events he laid out one day earlier were truthful.

“The manner in which is was presented to me, in which I received it, I’m uncomfortable, and thus I do not believe the version of events is accurate. I called this press conference to let everyone know my concerns and that I’m withdrawing from the case,” he said.

Gadzooks
09-24-2015, 11:25 PM
From the same article:
When asked if the alleged victim’s account of the events of Aug. 2, the date on which she said Kane sexually assaulted her in his Buffalo area home, should also be called into question, Eoannou said “not at all.”

“One has nothing to do with the other," he said. "One has something to do with someone other than my client.”

I'm assuming he thinks the mother is a nut bag who rigged a tampered rape kit...:shrug:

RobBlake
09-25-2015, 12:12 AM

avs are my nhl team even though im from cali... haven't followed hockey for a long time.. and i love these.. wouldn't mind it being the new home jersey.

KCUnited
09-25-2015, 06:07 AM
What in the bloody hell is going on?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kane accuser lawyer says new information is making him step away from representing her.</p>&mdash; Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) <a href="https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/647211294987161601">September 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

Probably should've looked further into it before he called a press conference and started waiving a rape kit around like it was a Terrible Towel demanding an independent investigation.

What's odd is he still believes that it's the rape kit from the case, but Kane's attorney states that all evidence, including the rape kit, remains in it's original packaging and is with the Erie County PD. That seems like an easy thing to corroborate.

Bearcat
09-25-2015, 07:16 PM
There was a terrible article on sbnation about how Kane should be suspended right now, basically only because the rulebook apparently says he can be suspended and because not suspending him means the NHL thinks hockey is more important and rape can be ignored.

Bearcat
10-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Hockey! PBJ

DaFace
10-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Hockey! PBJ

It's about time. I need another sport to take my mind off of the Chiefs suckage.

(Though I'm honestly a bit pessimistic about the Avs this year too.)

OnTheWarpath15
10-07-2015, 05:21 PM
In for 100+ points from the Blues, along with another 1st round playoff exit.

Gadzooks
10-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Hockey! PBJ

PBJ PBJ PBJ

(Oh, wait... I'm a Leafs fan... This is going to be a long season :deevee:).

DaFace
10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
In for 100+ points from the Blues, along with another 1st round playoff exit.

http://i.imgur.com/BiFR13v.gif

DaFace
10-07-2015, 05:29 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

(Oh, wait... I'm a Leafs fan... This is going to be a long season :deevee:).

ROFL...right on cue, they're down on the Habs' first shot of the game.

DaFace
10-07-2015, 05:40 PM
I love NHL Gamecenter Live just to watch all the goofy Canadian TV commercials.

Bearcat
10-07-2015, 05:46 PM
It's about time. I need another sport to take my mind off of the Chiefs suckage.

(Though I'm honestly a bit pessimistic about the Avs this year too.)

Don't know what to think, but I'd really hope the offense can rebound so that Tanguay and Iginla aren't leading scorers this season. Between the Royals being on tomorrow night and the Avalanche playing the Wild though, I'm thinking I won't find out for a few more days.

Bearcat
10-07-2015, 05:47 PM
I love NHL Gamecenter Live just to watch all the goofy Canadian TV commercials.

Such an awesome deal... $118 this year. PBJ

DaFace
10-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Such an awesome deal... $118 this year. PBJ

Yep. I didn't have a choice this year (cord cutting plus local cable-only channel carrying the Avs = GCL + SmartDNS), but I certainly don't mind having access to ALL of the games.

Bearcat
10-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Booing Gary Bettman never gets old. LMAO

DaFace
10-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Booing Gary Bettman never gets old. LMAO

I like that he's at least embraced it.

DaFace
10-07-2015, 06:26 PM
I probably just don't usually watch the opening national TV game usually, but this is an incredible amount of time spent on televising a banner raising. I mean, the team should do it at the stadium, but I don't need to watch it for half an hour.

Gadzooks
10-07-2015, 07:07 PM
I probably just don't usually watch the opening national TV game usually, but this is an incredible amount of time spent on televising a banner raising. I mean, the team should do it at the stadium, but I don't need to watch it for half an hour.

WHAAAAH. I'd love to see the Leafs raise a banner. 1st world problems.:rolleyes:

DaFace
10-07-2015, 07:14 PM
WHAAAAH. I'd love to see the Leafs raise a banner. 1st world problems.:rolleyes:

Huh? Why does that have anything to do with whether a ceremony celebrating that should be shown on national TV?

Gadzooks
10-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Huh? Why does that have anything to do with whether a ceremony celebrating that should be shown on national TV?

Accomplishments should be celebrated. It's what makes the Stanley Cup the best trophy of any of the major sports.
And sure, it's a nationally televised game but there are kids watching. and some may aspire to bore you for 30 minutes 20 years from now in the name of Hockey. Cut them some slack Jack.

Bearcat
10-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Yay... hopefully it ends 10-0.

DaFace
10-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Yay... hopefully it ends 10-0.

Suck it, Wild.

Bearcat
10-08-2015, 08:16 PM
3 on 3 OT in Tampa.... like the shootout, it's fun to watch, but a gimmicky way to determine points. Would rather see a 5 minute 4 on 4 first... ease into the gimmicks a bit.

DaFace
10-08-2015, 09:52 PM
I hate the Wild. So very, very much.

Bearcat
10-08-2015, 10:49 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?! Couldn't sleep and just noticed on Google Now.

DaNewGuy
10-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Accomplishments should be celebrated. It's what makes the Stanley Cup the best trophy of any of the major sports.
And sure, it's a nationally televised game but there are kids watching. and some may aspire to bore you for 30 minutes 20 years from now in the name of Hockey. Cut them some slack Jack.

:clap:

Predarat
10-09-2015, 07:05 AM
The Preds got a win, not pretty in the 2nd and parts of 3rd but they eeked out the W. W-T-F A-V-S though holy hell.

DaNewGuy
10-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Hell yea great start by Florida

DaNewGuy
10-10-2015, 05:31 PM
4-0 fuck yea!!!

DaFace
10-10-2015, 05:33 PM
4-0 fuck yea!!!

Be careful. That's how I felt on Thursday. :sulk:

I'm about to head out to the Avs game. Hopefully they don't shit the bed again against Dallas.

Bearcat
10-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Be careful. That's how I felt on Thursday. :sulk:

I'm about to head out to the Avs game. Hopefully they don't shit the bed again against Dallas.

Whelp.

DaNewGuy
10-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Love seeing the Flyers get the shit kicked out of em

Bearcat
10-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Love seeing the Flyers get the shit kicked out of em

Damn.

DaNewGuy
10-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Sucks I've had to sit and listen to the audio since Panther games are always blacked out

DaFace
10-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Ok. I feel better now

DaNewGuy
10-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Ok. I feel better now

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bearcat
10-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Ok. I feel better now

Yeah, that was nice... after the facepalm start.

Gadzooks
10-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Gotta say, I love seeing Pred and Panther fans with back to back posts on a Chiefs board regarding the NHL. It just shows how underrated the NHL is on the national scale.

Hell, ESPN has it listed behind soccer on their banner. While it's always been NFL, NBA and MLB, ESPN always wants to put a barrier between the NHL and the other major sports. (Soccer. Golf, NASCAR, etc...)

It's treated as though it was a shitty sport with no fans. I don't get it and I don't get why the major networks don't jump on board, other than the fact that 7 of the 30 teams are based out of Canada. Is that the problem?

I watched a bit of Texas vs. Oklahoma College ball this morning with no rooting interest, and I thought if any NHL game had that type of production or hype it'd be sweeping the nation.

To this day I can't understand how the NHL hasn't taken over the MLB and NBA. It's a better product.
http://blogstorage.s3.amazonaws.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/1810445/0354119001424372488_filepicker.jpg

Bearcat
10-10-2015, 10:53 PM
As long as ESPN isn't televising games, it won't be any higher on their list... and NHL TV ratings are terrible, so it's not like they care.

I think the main thing is kids don't grow up playing hockey in the US, like other sports.

I agree though, the only thing the NHL lacks that Americans love is lots of scoring, but everything else is there... fast paced, physical, etc. And it does great at the gate, showing people do love it once they give it a chance.

I think it's great though.... Sunday Ticket for 16 weeks is what, $150, $200+? NBA League Pass is $200... GameCenter is $120 this year for one of the longest seasons in sports (and is better quality than espn3). Far fewer commercials than other sports... no commercials in OT, even for full 20 minute overtimes in the playoffs. And even those who rarely watch it say it has the best playoffs of any sport.

It's the best kept secret in sports and I hope it stays that way.

DaFace
10-10-2015, 11:59 PM
The Avs installed one of those crazy whole-ice projection systems this year. It was kind of crazy to see live. Here's their video of it if anyone's curious.

<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=843944&site=avalanche" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>

MMXcalibur
10-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Same shit, new season.
The Penguins can't score despite having all-world talent on the ice the majority of the time.

To be fair, Mike Smith stonewalled the Penguins in the 3rd period....but man, this looks like the same Penguins team from the middle of last season forward. I hope Mike Johnston is feeling the heat because it's getting goddamn ridiculous.

Predarat
10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
As long as ESPN isn't televising games, it won't be any higher on their list... and NHL TV ratings are terrible, so it's not like they care.

I think the main thing is kids don't grow up playing hockey in the US, like other sports.

I agree though, the only thing the NHL lacks that Americans love is lots of scoring, but everything else is there... fast paced, physical, etc. And it does great at the gate, showing people do love it once they give it a chance.

I think it's great though.... Sunday Ticket for 16 weeks is what, $150, $200+? NBA League Pass is $200... GameCenter is $120 this year for one of the longest seasons in sports (and is better quality than espn3). Far fewer commercials than other sports... no commercials in OT, even for full 20 minute overtimes in the playoffs. And even those who rarely watch it say it has the best playoffs of any sport.

It's the best kept secret in sports and I hope it stays that way.

We have a good variety of fans on here, very good to see! A few seasons ago before the last lockout we had a Chiefs Planet Fantasy league that had 10-12 teams of CP members.

Predarat
10-14-2015, 10:26 AM
The Avs installed one of those crazy whole-ice projection systems this year. It was kind of crazy to see live. Here's their video of it if anyone's curious.

<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=843944&site=avalanche" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>

Those things are amazing.

Otter
10-14-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm digging this 3 vs 3 OT shenanigans.

DaFace
10-14-2015, 01:59 PM

I haven't gotten to see one live yet, but it looks like a hell of a lot of fun based on the highlights.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Same shit, new season.
The Penguins can't score despite having all-world talent on the ice the majority of the time.

To be fair, Mike Smith stonewalled the Penguins in the 3rd period....but man, this looks like the same Penguins team from the middle of last season forward. I hope Mike Johnston is feeling the heat because it's getting goddamn ridiculous.

0-3 now :(. Our D is absolute garbage. I'd yell for a coaching change, but with Ian Cole as our #1 defensive defenseman, I'm not seeing it really mattering except on the offensive side. Gotta outscore people.

Bearcat
10-14-2015, 02:36 PM

It'll be interesting to see how teams adjust to it... the first few I saw were really crazy, and then I think it was the Sens/Canadiens that actually made it to a shootout the other night, which was a first.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-14-2015, 02:56 PM
It'll be interesting to see how teams adjust to it... the first few I saw were really crazy, and then I think it was the Sens/Canadiens that actually made it to a shootout the other night, which was a first.

It's a lot of ice to work with. I like it.

Predarat
10-19-2015, 06:55 AM
These past two years have been a bit weird working the Royals in to hockey and football season. Though it has been awesome! I was not much into hockey the last time the Royals were contenders for the post season. Just hope it keeps up! Pretty much sports on my TV 100% of the time right now.

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm digging this on 3 on 3 overtime. First time the Blues have been in it this year.

DaNewGuy
10-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Gudbranson is a stud that is all

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Motherfucker Panthers/Avs is blacked out again....... :(

Gadzooks
10-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Motherfucker Panthers/Avs is blacked out again....... :(

It's weird seeing Predator and Panther fans in this thread. I didn't think they existed. Happy to see it.:toast:

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 06:02 PM
It's weird seeing Predator and Panther fans in this thread. I didn't think they existed. Happy to see it.:toast:

Love my Panthers! My dad and step bro used to take me to games all the time from 98-09, haven't been able to get out to BB&T since then. :cuss:

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Good start so far power play goal from Trocheck. WTF FS-F making me watch on a choppy stream

DaFace
10-27-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm almost sad that I'm watching the Royals instead of the Avs; we don't often have multiple CPers who care about a game.

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm almost sad that I'm watching the Royals instead of the Avs; we don't often have multiple CPers who care about a game.

Hey get in the thread Thursday for Game 2, so I can't talk
Some trash ( jk Panther fans can't talk trash LMAO)

DaFace
10-27-2015, 06:34 PM
Hey get in the thread Thursday for Game 2, so I can't talk
Some trash ( jk Panther fans can't talk trash LMAO)

Eh, in recent years, the Avs can't either. :sulk:

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Jeez Penalties plague this team almost every year

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Hell of a save by LOUUUU!!!!!

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Trocheck baby!!!

Bearcat
10-27-2015, 07:47 PM

Yeah, I have it on my external monitor, but haven't had a reason to start watching it yet.... on paper, I'd ask HTF this team can't win games, then I watch and wonder HTF they won 50 a couple seasons ago.

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Another power play goal!!

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Campbell looking good!

DaFace
10-27-2015, 08:04 PM
The Avs appear to not be a good team this year. Again.

Bearcat
10-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Well, the 17 people in the arena seem happy.

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Well, the 17 people in the arena seem happy.

LMAO

Bearcat
10-27-2015, 08:07 PM
And just like the Royals, the Avalanche begin their comeback.

DaNewGuy
10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Good win 5-3-1 lets go boys.

DaFace
10-27-2015, 08:12 PM
And just like the Royals, the Avalanche begin their comeback.

ROFL

Forgive me for having more faith in the Royals than the Avs.

Predarat
10-28-2015, 09:42 AM

Our fan base is growing again, it tapered off for awhile. Hope it continues to grow!

Predarat
10-28-2015, 09:48 AM

That will be a dilemma for me tonight as well. Late start for the Preds, so probably all Royals until that is done with some occasional flips. Unless its an extra innings game again haha.

Bearcat
10-31-2015, 05:51 PM
Uh...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Screenshot%20from%202015-10-31%20185038_zpsmmakin3i.png

DaFace
10-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Uh...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/Screenshot%20from%202015-10-31%20185038_zpsmmakin3i.png

I wish teams would just be straight and tell it like it is sometimes rather than trying to frame everything in the positive.

Bearcat
10-31-2015, 06:18 PM
I wish teams would just be straight and tell it like it is sometimes rather than trying to frame everything in the positive.

Yeah, and I love the score on the screenshot... but, they scored and get a little money from Toyota!

DaNewGuy
10-31-2015, 11:33 PM
Just got home and rewatched the game tough OT loss for the cats. I'm a big fan of Montoya but he chokes in OT/Shootouts

DaNewGuy
11-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Fuck Anaheim. We gotta get those power play goals.

Predarat
11-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Fuck Anaheim. We gotta get those power play goals.
Looks like a battle of backups tonight, Montoya vs Stalock. And Go Preds tonight, beat the shit out of the damn dirty wild both on and off the scoreboard!

OnTheWarpath15
11-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Nice comeback by the Blues last night in Chicago. Gave up 5 in the first, won 6-5 in OT.

#RoarBacon

O.city
11-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Nice comeback by the Blues last night in Chicago. Gave up 5 in the first, won 6-5 in OT.

#RoarBacon

So, im trying to get into hockey a little more this year than the last few. That was an awesome one to start with

Predarat
11-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Glad the Preds were able to come away with two regulation points against the wild. Every time I see the damn wild play no matter the opponent it seems the officiated is always slanted their way. Very irritating. Even against the Blackhawks.

Predarat
11-06-2015, 08:00 AM

#RoarBaconWow great game!

Chiefs4TheWin
11-06-2015, 09:01 AM

#RoarBacon

#Roarbacon

From auto correct hell to marketing gold.

Predarat
11-06-2015, 03:31 PM
The Blue are in town tomorrow. Please #NoRoarBacon!

DaNewGuy
11-08-2015, 08:36 PM
What a shitty road trip for the Cats. Losing to the Ducks after they tied with seconds left then getting their asses handed to em
By SJ and the Kings.

Predarat
11-09-2015, 10:10 AM
#RoarBacon put the Predators in a frying pan.

DaNewGuy
11-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Fuck yea a rare sight, Florida getting a PPG.

DaNewGuy
11-10-2015, 08:54 PM
What a goal
By Vanek sorry on phone so I'm throwing a link https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153109777692466&id=61652252465

ChiefsCountry
11-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Blues #RoarBacon again. 3 straight now.

DaNewGuy
11-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Blues looking solid this year

DaFace
11-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Avs won a game! And didn't look embarrassing!

DaNewGuy
11-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Good win boys. Much needed after that dreadful
Road trip

ChiefsCountry
11-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Blues looking solid this year

We will get swept in the first round by the 8th seed. #ThatsBluesHockey

Predarat
11-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Good win boys. Much needed after that dreadful
Road trip

I don't think Jagr ages at all.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-11-2015, 10:55 AM
So those Blues....

Bearcat
11-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Good night of hockey... helped by the Avalanche actually winning a game.

DaFace
11-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Good night of hockey... helped by the Avalanche actually winning a game.
:thumb:

Bearcat
11-12-2015, 09:20 PM
:thumb:

I actually gave up on it early... haven't watched much hockey yet and there were too many good games on to care, but came back in time to see the GWG.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 06:19 PM
I love Vinny T set up Jokinen for the put back 1-0 Cats

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 06:22 PM
Also can finally watch the Panthers on Tv instead of a
Shitty stream, thank god sun sports doesn't black
Out the Lightning

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Also can finally watch the Panthers on Tv instead of a
Shitty stream, thank god sun sports doesn't black
Out the Lightning

It's one of the 5 games I have on at the moment. :D

Blues/Blackhawks about to get the big screen though.

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Holy shit, Preds...

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Holy shit, Avs...

Chiefs4TheWin
11-14-2015, 06:55 PM
You have center ice bear?

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 07:01 PM
You have center ice bear?

I have GameCenter... tried Center Ice for a season on TWC and it was awful.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Holy shit, Avs...

Hell yea love seeing the Habs get their shit pushed in lol

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Motherfucker

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:08 PM
Typical Panthers hockey Jesus Christ

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 07:09 PM
WTF, Luongo... :spock:

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Lou just fucking falls down LMAO

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Lou just fucking falls down LMAO

And zero effort after that.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:12 PM
My boy Bjugstad!!!

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:13 PM
And zero effort after that.

I was kinda hoping Montoya would start

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Some good chances there on the breakaway damn ....

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:17 PM
YES!!!!

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Damn Stralman puts it back on the rebound.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Preds are not playing around haha up 5-0

Chiefs4TheWin
11-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Watching the Penguins power play just baffles me. There is no reason for it to suck this bad. Get Letang outta here good lord hes bad this year.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 08:23 PM
Ugh come on ....

DaFace
11-14-2015, 08:44 PM
Well, the Avs can ring em up against backups at least.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Ekblad I love you <3

chiefs1111
11-14-2015, 08:46 PM
The Flyers actually got a win tonight. Woo hoo

Bearcat
11-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Holy shit, what an effort by Allen.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Panthers survive the penalty shot

MMXcalibur
11-14-2015, 08:57 PM
The Penguins are just...awful.

Their power play looks like ass and with all that talent on the roster: they're one of the worst teams in terms of goal scoring. Mike Johnston needs to go, but I'm not sure of the available interims.

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Panthers win in the Shootout, good job boys
Hell of a game

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Pirri came up big tonight

DaNewGuy
11-14-2015, 09:11 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12227818_10153674556695928_1964179718132315482_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=18d42cc07cc7c96cdfb1de94931d2b55&oe=56C0AE0F

Chiefs4TheWin
11-14-2015, 09:52 PM
The Penguins are just...awful.

Their power play looks like ass and with all that talent on the roster: they're one of the worst teams in terms of goal scoring. Mike Johnston needs to go, but I'm not sure of the available interims.

Tocchet!

MMXcalibur
11-15-2015, 12:53 AM
Tocchet!

He's the main culprit for the PP failure, but the Penguins have been straight-up ass since the middle of last season and that's on the head-man.

I would welcome a change as opposed to being a shitty offensive, mid-range defensive squad doomed for a five game ousting in Round 1.

RobBlake
11-15-2015, 12:56 AM
i miss my old avs days.. with sakic/forsberg/blake/foote.. less open game.. more physical

Schnitzel
11-15-2015, 04:30 AM
At least one of my teams is doing well this season. Go Stars!!

Chiefs4TheWin
11-15-2015, 07:37 AM
He's the main culprit for the PP failure, but the Penguins have been straight-up ass since the middle of last season and that's on the head-man.

I would welcome a change as opposed to being a shitty offensive, mid-range defensive squad doomed for a five game ousting in Round 1.

Yeah there is zero reason for the powerplay woes.

Johnston just lets them do what they want. Stupid penalties, lazy passes.

I think this year and last year are probably the worst passing Penguins teams I've seen since before drafting Crosby.

We have to do something though. Your right, this is a 6 to 8 seed getting bounced in 5 round 1.

Predarat
11-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Penalty Box from the other night for the Preds, the Jets looked the same.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/Predators_Penalty_Box_Full.jpg

DaNewGuy
11-16-2015, 09:11 PM
****in hell yea. Bjugstad gets a lucky bounce with 20 seconds left to get the Cats the W. Good win boys!

DaNewGuy
11-16-2015, 09:13 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11012492_10153677760615928_3284722602464094254_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7281c18a22c748d3f3411b2d4410b467&oe=56BCA471

DaNewGuy
11-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Luongo was great tonight.

MMXcalibur
11-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Good for the Panthers. Hope they do something this year.
I think making Round 2 is the ceiling, but very do-able.

DaNewGuy
11-16-2015, 09:45 PM
I could maybe see that. There just too damn inconsistent. Gotta capitalize on Power plays too something they have not been good at all year

Predarat
11-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Preds chased Anderson from the Ducks crease, then dissappeared except for Rinne. They are very lucky they got that win last night. Now off for a 5 game NorthEast Roadie.

Bearcat
11-18-2015, 01:11 PM
The Avalanche followed up trouncing one of the top 3 teams in the league so far with getting their shit pushed in by one of the worst.

Gadzooks
11-18-2015, 05:42 PM
The Avalanche followed up trouncing one of the top 3 teams in the league so far with getting their shit pushed in by one of the worst.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/MdXXZh65YfC7e/200_s.gif

DaNewGuy
11-19-2015, 06:22 PM
Cats got the Ducks at home
Tonight. Let's not have a repeat of last week please

Chiefs4TheWin
11-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Penalty Box from the other night for the Preds, the Jets looked the same.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/Predators_Penalty_Box_Full.jpg

Winnipeg with 14 shots in the third. ick

DaNewGuy
11-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Ducks already out shooting us 22-8

DaNewGuy
11-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Welp Cats gotta play the refs again too. Jagr takes a stick to the face no call, but Ekblad gets a bad holding call

DaNewGuy
11-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Another Ducks Power play

DaNewGuy
11-19-2015, 08:14 PM
God damn Ducks have 33 shots on goal compared to our 14. Lucky it's just 1-0

Predarat
11-20-2015, 09:53 AM
The Ducks and the wild always seem to have the refs in their pocket.

ChiefsCountry
11-20-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm loving the new overtime. 3 on 3 hockey is a blast.

DaNewGuy
11-21-2015, 08:59 PM
Damn fell asleep only
To catch em Lose in OT. Oh well

DaFace
11-21-2015, 09:30 PM
The Avs suck again.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Tarasenko = stud.

DaNewGuy
11-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Cats win in a Shootout 3-2. Heck of a game

DaNewGuy
11-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Fuckin Eh! Turned on the Cats/Red Wings game to see Campbell tie it up late in the third then hit the get the game winner in OT, let's go Cats!

Predarat
11-30-2015, 03:04 PM
Preds kind of slumping, hope this is their main slump for the season.

DaNewGuy
11-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Gadzooks your Leafs won tonight;)

Gadzooks
12-01-2015, 01:47 AM
PBJ Yay PBJ
Sparks' NHL debut is a shutout. Not only that, both the Chargers and Leafs won a game in the same week. (they must not like high draft picks).