PDA

View Full Version : Royals ****Royals@Tigers Official GDT 8/5/15****

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ChiefsCountry
08-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Morons are out in full force tonight. Blaming Cueto on a 2 run game, should have been 1 if Cain was playing deeper. What a shit pitching performance from him tonight.

KChiefs1
08-05-2015, 10:25 PM
http://clubhouseconversation.com/podcast/august-5-2-1-l-to-tigers-cueto-good-but-offensive-approach-not/

GloryDayz
08-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Welp, ya win some ya lose some. List some Tigger butt tomorrow.

cosmo20002
08-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Every team loses games to pitchers like Boyd.

Jesus Christ, posts like this are the main reason I avoid the GDTs for the most part. The baseball IQ of the majority of the regulars is frustratingly low.

Nope. We're literally the first one.

DARN YOU STUPID ROYALS FANS FOR BEING FRUSTRATED BY LOSING TO A WINLESS ROOKIE ON A LOSING TEAM WITH A 14+ ERA!

teedubya
08-05-2015, 11:24 PM
We'll manage 3 hits and 1 run off of him. :banghead:

Fucker.

kcchiefsus
08-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Fuck these losers, losing to a loser like Boyd.

Al Bundy
08-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Morons are out in full force tonight. Blaming Cueto on a 2 run game, should have been 1 if Cain was playing deeper. What a shit pitching performance from him tonight.
Anyone who does that is fucking stupid. The Royals lost to a shitty pitcher which was very hittable if the Royals had made him pitch.

LoneWolf
08-06-2015, 05:58 AM
Nope. We're literally the first one.

DARN YOU STUPID ROYALS FANS FOR BEING FRUSTRATED BY LOSING TO A WINLESS ROOKIE ON A LOSING TEAM WITH A 14+ ERA!

A 14+ ERA after 2 fucking games?

I can see you're clueless about sports and politics. Maybe you should try the media center because so far you're 0-2.

ChiTown
08-06-2015, 06:56 AM
A 14+ ERA after 2 ****ing games?

I can see you're clueless about sports and politics. Maybe you should try the media center because so far you're 0-2.

His ERA is meaningless. Boyd pitched fine last night, but he wasn't all that. We swung at nearly everything he threw. It was an awful performance at the plate last night. Those games happen, regardless of who is pitching. It's just somewhat bizarre that we tend to have a lot of these games against relative unknowns, and tend to blister other teams ace's.

As far as Cueto is concerned, he pitched a good game. He wasn't perfect, especially the BB/K - he can't walk 2 guys and strikeout 2. He needs to be more effective than that. However, he only gave up 5 hits and kept us in a game we should have won. He did his job.

Looking forward to watching Ventura pitch tonight. I really believe he will get on a roll in the 2nd half. I hope it starts tonight.

cosmo20002
08-06-2015, 07:32 AM
A 14+ ERA after 2 ****ing games?

Yeah...there's no reason for anyone to be frustrated...he's clearly established himself as one of the great pitchers in the league. There was no reason to think we may be able to hit this guy.

As for politics, you fucking agree with me on almost everything, and I'm not sure why you would bring it up here anyway, asshole.

Hootie
08-06-2015, 08:14 AM
120 innings / 1.65 ERA

1 bad MLB start, though ... He must be garbage

RealSNR
08-06-2015, 08:32 AM
His ERA is meaningless. Boyd pitched fine last night, but he wasn't all that. We swung at nearly everything he threw.

WHERE HAVE I HEARD THIS BEFORE?

Somebody earlier hit the nail on the head. The way to beat this Royals team is throw all of your shitty pitchers out there and watch us swing away like a bunch of drunk retarded kids hitting a pinata

cosmo20002
08-06-2015, 09:44 AM
120 innings / 1.65 ERA

1 bad MLB start, though ... He must be garbage

What he did in Little League is pretty irrelevant.

Hootie
08-06-2015, 10:01 AM
What he did in Little League is pretty irrelevant.

no, it actually isn't

Hootie
08-06-2015, 10:09 AM
of course, this was the same fan base clamoring for John Lamb to get a shot because he had a mid 2 ERA in AAA ...

Yet, Matt Boyd was absolutely RAPING AAA ... but somehow this is irrelevant, because he had 1 bad start against Texas in the big leagues.

Somehow, 1 big league start is a bigger sample size than 120 minor league innings.

Hilariously stupid.

tk13
08-06-2015, 10:12 AM
I don't think minor league stats always indicate major league success, but the guy had two starts. Who cares what his numbers were? I didn't realize people were throwing his stats around like gospel. He also struck out 7 in his first start. That's pretty solid.

Also, those two starts were in Toronto's launching pad. Notice last night he finally pitched in a pitcher's park, gave up 74 fly balls but was able to keep them all in the yard.

Dartgod
08-06-2015, 10:16 AM
I don't think minor league stats always indicate major league success, but the guy had two starts. Who cares what his numbers were? I didn't realize people were throwing his stats around like gospel. He also struck out 7 in his first start. That's pretty solid.

Also, those two starts were in Toronto's launching pad. Notice last night he finally pitched in a pitcher's park, gave up 74 fly balls but was able to keep them all in the yard.

Wait, what? How is that possible? He only faced 27 batters.

Are you counting foul balls out of play? That still seems high.

cosmo20002
08-06-2015, 10:18 AM
of course, this was the same fan base clamoring for John Lamb to get a shot because he had a mid 2 ERA in AAA ...

Yet, Matt Boyd was absolutely RAPING AAA ... but somehow this is irrelevant, because he had 1 bad start against Texas in the big leagues.

Somehow, 1 big league start is a bigger sample size than 120 minor league innings.

Hilariously stupid.

I haven't said anything about John Lamb. I don't care WTF someone did in the minors. But when my 1st-place team plays a sub-.500 team with a rookie pitcher who did nothing in his two major league starts and was bombed in one of them, I expect them to do better than scratching out 1 run. That's all it is--frustration at doing so poorly in a game that by all measures they "should" have won. I'm not sure why expressing that frustration is so unacceptable. Yeah, its one game. All games are one game.

bsroyals54
08-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Cueto will be Kuato until we win one of his starts.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mZ2AC47NVwE/UjHavcnHzwI/AAAAAAAAJao/K_wKFBFksmE/s1600/0002-heliotropes-quatto.jpg

Mr. Laz
08-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Orlando!!

screwed by the ground rule double