PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Chargers Sunday night game flexed out

Quesadilla Joe
11-02-2015, 03:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL flexes the week 11 schedule, bumps Chiefs-Chargers from Sunday night with Bengals-Cards, and GB-Minny moved to 4:05 start from 1</p>&mdash; daniel kaplan (@dkaplanSBJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/dkaplanSBJ/status/661289126042431488">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
11-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Can they not flex Thursday night games? Why are we still having to watch the Browns-Bengals game this week?

Amnorix
11-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Mondays/Thursdays can't be flexed. How would you like to suddenly discover that a game you were going to on Sunday suddenly got moved to Thursday, or vice versa? Only Sunday games can get moved to earlier/later.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
No shocker there. I expected this to happen.

San Diego is awful. They lost 12 players to injury yesterday, including Keenen Allen to a kidney injury.

If it wasn't for Rivers, they'd be winless.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike McCoy said Chargers WR Keenan Allen has kidney injury. Not going to put timetable on it, &quot;but he&#39;s going to miss some time.&quot;</p>&mdash; Michael Gehlken (@UTgehlken) <a href="https://twitter.com/UTgehlken/status/661292850873679873">November 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz
11-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Hardly a surprise, and I'm sure Hunt will fight back with a hearty, "OK." What else is he going to do?

New World Order
11-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Why don't they flex the awful Cowboy games out of primetime? Every game of theirs has been primetime this year.

GloryDayz
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Why don't they flex the awful Cowboy games out of primetime? Every game of their has been primetime this year.

Seriously, America's team. GTFO!

listopencil
11-02-2015, 05:12 PM

San Diego is awful. They lost 12 players to injury yesterday, including Keenen Allen to a kidney injury.

Holy shit. That's horrible.

The Franchise
11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Holy shit. That's horrible.

Yep. They're fucked.

The injuries began within moments after kickoff with King Dunlap injured on the second snap of the game. Corey Liuget, Ladarius Green, Stevie Johnson and Chris Hairston soon followed with injuries by the time the first quarter came to a close, although the later pair would return in the second quarter.
At one point, each big play made by a Charger seemed to be at the mercy of losing that player to injury. For instance, shortly after picking up a first down on a crossing pattern, Ladarius Green exited with an ankle injury and did not return. At the end of the first half, Keenan Allen made a remarkable, acrobatic touchdown snare between two defenders in the back of the end zone. However, it proved to be his final play of the game as he was slow to get up, and shortly thereafter diagnosed with muscle spasms.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Can they not flex Thursday night games? Why are we still having to watch the Browns-Bengals game this week?

Probably because the Bengals are still undefeated.

TLO
11-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Because Chiefs

Marcellus
11-02-2015, 07:40 PM
I have no issue with this. Prefer day games anyway.

GloryDayz
11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
While it's totally understandable, I can't wait for them to claim there's total parity in the league. If there really was there'd be no need for doing things like this.

Buck
11-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Maybe if you guys didn't suck so fucking much.

Marcellus
11-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Maybe if you guys didn't suck so ****ing much.

LMAO

Bob Dole
11-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Why don't they flex the awful Cowboy games out of primetime? Every game of theirs has been primetime this year.

Because they are America's team!

Fucking hate that shit.

GloryDayz
11-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Maybe if you guys didn't suck so fucking much.I see what you did there!

a pp roach
11-02-2015, 09:20 PM
While it's totally understandable, I can't wait for them to claim there's total parity in the league. If there really was there'd be no need for doing things like this.

Sure theres parody. Like the way the lions parody the lions every game. Oh wait..parity? Nah none of that.

Rain Man
11-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Maybe they want to showcase Peyton Manning more. There may still be some people who aren't totally sick of Peyton Manning.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-03-2015, 12:01 AM
...yet a Cassel led shit Cowboy team lives on....pathetic

New World Order
11-03-2015, 12:11 AM
...yet a Cassel led shit Cowboy team lives on....pathetic

Every game the Cowboys have played this year has been in primetime.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Every game the Cowboys have played this year has been in primetime.

LMAO

No

Toby Waller
11-03-2015, 12:21 AM

I'm pretty sure that's a around Halloween ritual to have the Bengals on/late Oct. Early Nov.

New World Order
11-03-2015, 12:24 AM
LMAO

No

Their games have consistently been at 4:25. Fox's primetime game.

Toby Waller
11-03-2015, 12:45 AM
There is parity. Everything is equally weaker

11-03-2015, 12:45 AM

Thats not primetime. Its their game of the week slot but not primetime.

New World Order
11-03-2015, 12:55 AM
Thats not primetime. Its their game of the week slot but not primetime.

Close enough.

Let me rephrase then: they have been the nationally televised game for every game of the season.

Every game.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 12:59 AM

That's not prime time. Good grief.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Close enough.

Let me rephrase then: they have been the nationally televised game for every game of the season.

Every game.
:facepalm:

11-03-2015, 04:01 AM
Close enough.

Every game.

You would be wrong. Again.

Simply Red
11-03-2015, 05:44 AM

Damn.

Mile High Mania
11-03-2015, 07:18 AM
There's actually a cap on the # of primetime games a team can have in a single season, I know Denver is capped, as are a few others. So, you won't see any teams that are capped flexed into SNF.

TEX
11-03-2015, 07:44 AM

That's incorrect. They usually get the afternoon network game. That's not prime time. Its been that way for decades. Are you new to football on TV or something? :shrug:

Mile High Mania
11-03-2015, 07:47 AM
That's incorrect. They usually get the afternoon network game. That's not prime time. Its been that way for decades. Are you new to telivised football or something? :shrug:

Yeah, they typically play the late afternoon game when there are only 3-4 options, so they nearly always dominate the time. I'd like to know what their ratings are though in a season like this one, it's gotta be low, but then again... if there are only 3 games on, and it's football - I'd assume it's high.

bevischief
11-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Hate to say Chiefs or Eagles

Bowser
11-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Because they are America's team!

Fucking hate that shit.

Tony Romo!

?

thabear04
11-03-2015, 01:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572314/article/allens-season-is-over-after-lacerated-kidney

Allen headed to injured reserve after lacerated kidney

San Diego's drifting season just floated into a dark corner.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that wideout Keenan Allen underwent a procedure on Monday to repair a lacerated kidney, per a pair of sources. NFL Media's Rand Getlin reports he is headed to injured reserve, according to a source briefed on the situation.

Allen suffered the injury during Sunday's loss to the Ravens, stripping the Chargers of their leading receiver. The third-year wideout has hauled in 67 passes, second best in the NFL and tied for the third most catches in NFL history over eight weeks behind Julio Jones (this season) and Marvin Harrison.

Allen's 725 yards and four touchdowns have anchored a Rivers-led air attack that currently leads the league in passing yards. Allen and Philip Rivers have shown a unique chemistry. In his absence, Stevie Johnson, Malcom Floyd and Dontrelle Inman are bound for plenty of work. Tight ends Antonio Gates (MCL) and Ladarius Green (ankle) are both nursing injuries, but will be leaned on hard down the stretch.

The Chargers (2-6) are buried deep in the AFC and would need to piece together a massive win streak to get back into the conference's playoff picture. Losing their premier receiver makes that task next to impossible.

Bowser
11-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Yeesh, terrible injury.

Sucks for them. He was on fire this year.

Toby Waller
11-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Yeesh, terrible injury.

Sucks for them. He was on fire this year.

didnt do them any good anyway.All of Rivers yards are useless...except for fantasy I suppose.

so if the Chiefs had Rivers theyd still be losing but with more yards

The Franchise
11-03-2015, 03:20 PM
didnt do them any good anyway.All of Rivers yards are useless...except for fantasy I suppose.

so if the Chiefs had Rivers theyd still be losing but with more yards

lolwut?

If the Chiefs had Rivers.....this team would have a winning record right now.

ChiefsCountry
11-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Yeah, they typically play the late afternoon game when there are only 3-4 options, so they nearly always dominate the time. I'd like to know what their ratings are though in a season like this one, it's gotta be low, but then again... if there are only 3 games on, and it's football - I'd assume it's high.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2015/11/nfl-ratings-seahawks-cowboys-huge-fox-london-game-down/

The Week 8 Seahawks/Cowboys NFL national window drew a 19.5 overnight rating on FOX Sunday afternoon, up 50% from coverage on CBS featuring Colts/Steelers last year (13.0) and up 11% from coverage on FOX featuring Washington/Broncos in 2013 (17.5). The 19.5 overnight is the highest of the season for an NFL telecast, topping the previous high of 17.8 for Cowboys/Eagles on FOX in Week 2.

Going back further, the 19.5 is tied as the highest regular season NFL overnight on a single network since 2007, when CBS drew a 22.5 for Patriots/Colts. According to Sports Business Daily, it is also the highest for a regular season game on FOX since 1996.

The numbers are especially impressive given both teams entered Sunday’s game under .500, with the Cowboys winless since losing QB Tony Romo. No other sporting event came close over the weekend, with Packers/Broncos on Sunday Night Football (14.3) and Game 5 of the World Series (11.7) cannibalizing each other later in the night.

Gadzooks
11-03-2015, 05:10 PM
lolwut?

If the Chiefs had Rivers.....this team would have a winning record right now.

Agreed, I'd go as far to say the if the Chiefs had acquired Rivers instead of Alex Smith in 2013, they'd have at least one Super Bowl and Jon Baldwin would have left the Chiefs this off season as the highest paid FA WR.

With Rivers, the Chiefs D, Charles and a rag tag group of receivers, the Chiefs would have been a juggernaut

Rivers just can't catch a break with the Chargers. Every year it's the same thing:
-Weak Defense
-Poor Special Teams
-Inept Coaching
-Crazy injuries, (especially the OLine).

In the good old days of his career these problems seemed to rear their head later in the season, but for the past 5 seasons it's been the same story over and over.

The Keenan injury kinda sucks but Rivers has been making chicken salad out of chicken shit with low level WRs for many years now so it shouldn't make a huge difference.

I know I won't find any sympathy on a Chiefs board, but in my opinion, Rivers' career has been as hobbled by poor management as Marino's was.

When you look at the 2 rapists picked in the same draft as Rivers, (Eli raped the NFL draft system), and see that they each have 2 SBs a piece, based mostly on their team's excellent defenses. Rivers career, to this point, is nothing more than a tragedy based on unfortunate circumstances.

BTW - he currently has a contract with the most guaranteed money of any NFL QB, so I don't feel that bad for him.:thumb:

O.city
11-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Yeah, chargers have been fucked with injuries.

They should look into trading rivers this offseason

Quesadilla Joe
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
If the Chargers kept Brees they would've probably won a Super Bowl when LT was in his prime.

KCUnited
11-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Can't wait for Chargers/Bears on Monday Night!

New World Order
11-03-2015, 06:30 PM
If the Chargers kept Brees they would've probably won a Super Bowl when LT was in his prime.

At least 2

New World Order
11-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Can't wait for Chargers/Bears on Monday Night!

LMAO

Gadzooks
11-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Brees actually was there during LT's prime and he couldn't do it.
(When did you start watching football, May 2014?)

Quesadilla Joe
11-03-2015, 06:50 PM

Brees was just about to enter his prime when he was let go. Rivers was a game manager his first couple years playing, and by the time he hit his stride LT and the rest of your team was dismantled. Those 2006-2008 Chargers were loaded and would've been even better with Brees.

LoneWolf
11-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Brees was just about to enter his prime when he was let go. Rivers was a game manager his first couple years playing, and by the time he hit his stride LT and the rest of your team was dismantled. Those 2006-2008 Chargers were loaded and would've been even better with Brees.

Were the Chargers going to hire Sean Payton. If not, then your argument is fucking stupid. Brees was a good but not great QB in San Diego. He was also coming off a pretty significant shoulder injury. Payton helped mold him in to the player he is today.

Gadzooks
11-03-2015, 08:09 PM

You have to ask why Rivers was there to begin with.
Brees and LT were both drafted in 2001. Brees couldn't beat out Doug Flutie in his rookie season. LT's prime started day 1 with 1,200 yds in his rookie season.

2002 Brees took the starting job and was 8-8. LT was still in his prime.

2003 Brees sucked balls and the Chargers finished 4-12. LT was still in his prime.

2004 Rivers is drafted. Brees gets his head out of his ass and goes 12-4, (4th seed in the AFC). Lose to the Jets in the 1st round. LT was still in his prime.

2005 Brees last year and regresses. Injures shoulder on final play of the season. Chargers go 9-7, miss the playoffs. LT was still in his prime.

The Chargers have had far more success with Rivers than they did with Brees regardless of whether LT was in his prime, and Brees' performance during his time in SD gave them no choice but to let him walk.

Brees goes to N.O. and a pass happy system at the perfect time in his career while Rivers hands the ball off to LT. It wouldn't have made a difference if he got those hand-offs from Rivers or Brees.

Would the Chargers have won the 2006 AFC Championship with Brees? Maybe.

Would Rivers have manged a SB win playing for the Saints? Maybe.

We all know know "Maybe" doesn't mean anything.

If you were the GM, would you re-sign a streaky midget QB with a serious shoulder injury to a huge contract, with a first round QB waiting in the wings? - Maybe

Quesadilla Joe
11-03-2015, 08:29 PM
I understand the circumstances which lead to Brees leaving. The Chargers probably made the right decision at the time, but in hindsight the Chargers would've been better off with Brees. I'm not knocking Rivers, he's turned into a really great QB that 25+ teams would love to have, it just sucks for the Chargers that the 2008 version of Rivers didn't play for them in 2006.

Gadzooks
11-03-2015, 08:53 PM
I understand the circumstances which lead to Brees leaving. The Chargers probably made the right decision at the time, but in hindsight the Chargers would've been better off with Brees. I'm not knocking Rivers, he's turned into a really great QB that 25+ teams would love to have, it just sucks for the Chargers that the 2008 version of Rivers didn't play for them in 2006.

I think Marlon McCree didn't go down after the interception in the AFC Championship after Marty told him to because Rivers was the QB. If it were Brees at the QB spot. Maybe he would have

That was their true chance and it was blown by an idiot SS.

I would also say the Jets playoff game where Kaeding missed all 3 FGS and they lost by 3 points might have have been a good opportunity, but Rivers choked, right? Maybe if Brees were there they would have won. Maybe Kaeding sucked because of Rivers.

Quesadilla Joe
11-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I think Marlon McCree didn't go down after the interception in the AFC Championship after Marty told him to because Rivers was the QB. If it were Brees at the QB spot. Maybe he would have

That was their true chance and it was blown by an idiot SS.
That didn't happen in the AFC Championship, and Rivers completed 14-32 passes with zero TD's and an INT in that game

I would also say the Jets playoff game where Kaeding missed all 3 FGS and they lost by 3 points might have have been a good opportunity, but Rivers choked, right? Maybe if Brees were there they would have won. Maybe Kaeding sucked because of Rivers.
That game happened in 2009. I said that the Chargers would've won a Super Bowl in 2006-2008 with Brees because that team had the best roster in the NFL at the time.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 09:21 PM

All I know is that the Chargers have had two Franchise QB their roster since 2001, with Brees a sure fire HOFer.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs have had Green, Collins, Huard, Croyle, Thigpen, Cassel, Palko, Quinn, Orton, Smith and Daniel start during that time.

Quantity definitely does not equal quality.

LoneWolf
11-03-2015, 10:21 PM

Again, since you are obviously a drooling retard with zero reading comprehension, Brees was helped substantially by Sean Payton's coaching and his offense. If San Diego wasn't going to hire Payton to coach Brees, then it wouldn't have mattered.

Goddamn you truly are one stupid mother fucker. Go fuck a donkey you mouth breathing West Virginia cocksucker.

Gadzooks
11-03-2015, 10:27 PM
All I know is that the Chargers have had two Franchise QB their roster since 2001, with Brees a sure fire HOFer.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs have had Green, Collins, Huard, Croyle, Thigpen, Cassel, Palko, Quinn, Orton, Smith and Daniel start during that time.

Yep, I don't get the why the Chiefs fans have been clamoring for a 1st round QB, (or even 2nd round- Brees). As I said in another post, This off-season I thought the Chiefs should build their defense. Instead, they pissed away their money to add Maclin, a short, play making WR.

If the Chiefs had spent that Maclin money on the defense they could've been a contender. Bucs, Ravens , Steelers and Giants type Super Bowl caliber defense. But no... Alex needs a target...

Alex needs big targets and they're a dime a dozen. Look at Floyd for the Chargers. He was an UDFA. Tall and decent WRs are not hard to find. Maclin was a waste of money.

Alex could be a better version of Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and the early SB winning versions of Big Ben and Eli if only he had the same kind of kick ass defense. And the Chiefs were so close...

Quesadilla Joe
11-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Again, since you are obviously a drooling retard with zero reading comprehension, Brees was helped substantially by Sean Payton's coaching and his offense. If San Diego wasn't going to hire Payton to coach Brees, then it wouldn't have mattered.

Goddamn you truly are one stupid mother ****er. Go **** a donkey you mouth breathing West Virginia one who sucks the penis.

Brees was good before Sean Payton. The Chargers had the #1 pick in the draft the year Brees was drafted... He was playing on a shit team.

In his fourth year with the Chargers he threw 27 TD's with 7 INT's and had a 104.8 QB Rating. It took him 4 years in New Orleans before he put up better numbers than that.

You're wrong. You're also a crude person.

Gadzooks
11-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Brees was good before Sean Payton. He was playing on a shit team his first few years in the league. The Chargers had the #1 pick in the draft the year Brees was drafted.

In his fourth year with the Chargers he threw 27 TD's with 7 INT's and had a 104.8 QB Rating. It took him 4 years in New Orleans before he put up better numbers than that.

Lone Wolf's right, (and not typically a crude person).

You didn't sit through watching his 3rd year. It was brutal. He was under-throwing WRs every play. Chargers get the first pick and take the least rapey QB available. Common sense.

You seem to be caught up in some sort of Dameshek "N if L" scenario.

LoneWolf
11-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Brees was good before Sean Payton. The Chargers had the #1 pick in the draft the year Brees was drafted... He was playing on a shit team.

I'm not wrong. In his fifth season he regressed and threw 24 TD's and 15 INT's. Remember this is while quarterbacking the team with the best RB in football and the second best TE in football. Payton made Brees what he is today. Schottenheimer or whatever other dipshit coach San Diego would have given Brees wasn't going to turn him into a HOF QB.

And you can take your assessment of me and shove it up your gaping, dripping pussy.

Sorter
11-03-2015, 10:51 PM

This is depressing to read.

Quesadilla Joe
11-03-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm not wrong. In his fifth season he regressed and threw 24 TD's and 15 INT's. Remember this is while quarterbacking the team with the best RB in football and the second best TE in football. Payton made Brees what he is today. Schottenheimer or whatever other dipshit coach San Diego would have given Brees wasn't going to turn him into a HOF QB.

And you can take your assessment of me and shove it up your gaping, dripping pussy.

I think you're giving Payton a little too much credit. I agree that his best years came in New Orleans but I think Brees would've been good without Payton.

Dave Lane
11-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Yep. They're fucked.

Well Stevie Johnson can die in an antifreeze soaked AIDS tree fire while its shoved up his ass for all I can. Fuck that guy.

LoneWolf
11-03-2015, 11:43 PM
I think you're giving Payton a little too much credit. I agree that his best years came in New Orleans but I think Brees would've been good without Payton.

He was "good" in San Diego and they didn't win a damn thing. He became "great" under Payton in New Orleans.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2015, 11:51 PM
This is depressing to read.

Only if you're a Chiefs fan