01-11-2016, 09:21 AM
F**K I am old.

ChiliConCarnage
01-11-2016, 09:24 AM
That's a long ass time ago.

Most of a turtles life :)

ChiTown
01-11-2016, 09:47 AM
I was the youngest of 5. I watched it with my Brothers and Dad on the only Colored TV our Family had - at my Grandmother's house. It was a massive console set. Looked kind of like this:

http://www.boxcarcabin.com/zenith-25cc50-console.jpg

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-11-2016, 09:50 AM
I was the youngest of 5. I watched it with my Brothers and Dad on the only Colored TV our Family had - at my Grandmother's house. It was a massive console set. Looked kind of like this:

If your folks bought that from Sears, then we had the exact same TV.

I remember we had the only color TV of any of the families at our church back then. It was amazing - the pastor would get going and no telling when the sermon would end, except from Sept to Dec., then the sermon always ended at 11:30 - so he could get to our house by 12 to watch the Chiefs in color. *grin*

ChiTown
01-11-2016, 09:55 AM
If your folks bought that from Sears, then we had the exact same TV.

I remember we had the only color TV of any of the families at our church back then. It was amazing - the pastor would get going and no telling when the sermon would end, except from Sept to Dec., then the sermon always ended at 11:30 - so he could get to our house by 12 to watch the Chiefs in color. *grin*

We didn't have one - it was my Grandmothers. We owned a HUGE black and white console and a small black and white that sat on a stand in our garage (which was converted into a makeshift Family Room).

And yes, if we didn't go to the game, Grandma's house was very popular on Game Day:)

Boise_Chief
01-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Not so coincidentally 46 years ago I was concieved.

Rain Man
01-11-2016, 11:02 AM

We had a black and white TV until I was six or so, which was always confusing when a TV show would be advertised as being "in living color". Then my parents bought a TV kind of like this (same layout, but my parents had a more 60s-mod style than this picture):

http://curtismathes.webs.com/texascm.jpg

I suspect it was pretty cutting edge at the time with the phonograph player and radio to go along with the TV. But the thing I remember most about it was the weight. We moved a lot, and that thing was astoundingly heavy. It had a solid wood cabinet, a lot of tube stuff, and I suspect the speakers were really heavy. As a kid, it was like lifting a car.

ptlyon
01-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but it ain't no Telefunken!

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2016, 11:38 AM
I watched it on a B&W. The radio broadcast was recorded on a TEAC reel to reel. But that tape disintegrated or was lost. Big family. Maybe somebody has it.

gblowfish
01-11-2016, 11:40 AM
I remember that day. We watched the game on our Magnavox color TV. My dad was the happiest I had ever seen him when the game was over. I was happy too, and then I went down to the lake at the foot of our street and played hockey until the sun went down. The lake was frozen, and we could skate on it. It was a great day.

Rasputin
01-11-2016, 11:40 AM
We had a black and white TV until I was six or so, which was always confusing when a TV show would be advertised as being "in living color". Then my parents bought a TV kind of like this (same layout, but my parents had a more 60s-mod style than this picture):

I suspect it was pretty cutting edge at the time with the phonograph player and radio to go along with the TV. But the thing I remember most about it was the weight. We moved a lot, and that thing was astoundingly heavy. It had a solid wood cabinet, a lot of tube stuff, and I suspect the speakers were really heavy. As a kid, it was like lifting a car.

Woe that's the same tv we had growing up. 8track oye

ModSocks
01-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Good god, that thing must weigh 900lbs.

TLO
01-11-2016, 11:45 AM
This thread smells like old person.

Not that's there anything wrong with that.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Earsoll MacBee still hurts from where OT trucked him on the way to the championship clinching TD.

Dat high-step tho...

01-11-2016, 11:49 AM
I was alive for it but not old enough to know what football was yet.

Coyote
01-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Yeah that was a long time ago. I have an AFL display (3 white panels) football signed by all players on that team that 1 of them wrote, "1970 World Champions" on behind my bar. Remains my favorite Chiefs gear. Had it since I was a kid and then thought that SB appearances would come frequently. Not so much. Hoping for a different outcome but same match up from SB I for SB 50.

HemiEd
01-11-2016, 01:18 PM
I was able to watch it a couple months later on Armed Forces TV on Guam. :D

scho63
01-11-2016, 04:01 PM

We had something identical to this but no TV because we were poor and couldn't afford the upgrade! ROFL

scho63
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
It was the day I became Chiefs fan at 6 1/2 years old

gblowfish
01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Earsoll MacBee still hurts from where OT trucked him on the way to the championship clinching TD.

Dat high-step tho...

Otis Taylor needs to be in the HOF. I hope they put him in before he's dead.

KChiefs1
01-11-2016, 06:44 PM

That's how I watched it too. I was about 3 feet from the screen too.

KChiefs1
01-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Otis Taylor needs to be in the HOF. I hope they put him in before he's dead.

Biggest travesty in the NFL.

REDHOTGTO
01-11-2016, 07:29 PM
This thread smells like old person.

Not that's there anything wrong with that.

Hey you young whipper snapper, I resemble that remark ROFL

REDHOTGTO
01-11-2016, 07:30 PM
I remember Tv's like that too, I was the remote control for dad

Aries Walker
01-11-2016, 07:47 PM
That game was the reason I became a Chiefs fan at all; I was the only one of us four siblings that was born while we lived in Overland Park, which we did when they won. It was only later that I found out the history of the team and how Lamar Hunt essentially made the NFL, so that was a nice bonus.

GMitch
01-11-2016, 08:39 PM
I was in the Air Force, stationed in Duluth, Minn then. Had to listen to a lot of crap from the locals about how bad the Vikes would beat the Chiefs then after the game had fun collecting on the bets.