PDA

View Full Version : Music Black Sabbath at Sprint Center

Lonewolf Ed
02-17-2016, 11:48 PM
What an incredible show! Ozzy exceeded my expectations, since the group had to postpone 4 shows earlier due to Ozzy coming down with sinusitis and bronchitis. I had seen video of the shows leading up to the time off and he looked bad, sounded bad, and had little energy. That was not the case tonight. Ozzy was running from one side of the stage to the other, engaging the crowd and jumping up and down. His voice was clear and strong, with a few rough patches, but nothing cringe-worthy. His voice overall was good. Even when he spoke, it was clear and not his usual stammering. The man was feeling well and strong, and it showed.

Geezer was digging those fingers into the bass strings with precision and power, and those deep bass tones rattled my entire skeleton. The drummer, Tommy Clufetos, was an absolute wrecking machine. His solo had my pant legs vibrating against my legs and my rib cage was buzzing. And what can you say about Tony Iommi? He was in the zone and spot on. The group was tight and energetic. They played Hand of Doom and all of the many timing and tempo changes were perfect; the band was all on the same page. What a joy that was to see and to share with my brothers, Chipp, Rod, and Jeff. We all had a great time and it was worth every penny.

Halfcan
02-17-2016, 11:51 PM
Awesome show!!

Glad to add the Godfathers of Heavy Metal to the shows I have seen.

LiveSteam
02-18-2016, 01:02 AM
Hand of doom awesome song

cosmo20002
02-18-2016, 01:19 AM
Bill Ward looked great, like a new man.

Coochie liquor
02-18-2016, 05:13 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NPIHO0_n6xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner
02-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Good to hear,I just couldn't pull the trigger and go,saw the original in 1978 and wanted to remember them like that,of course that memory is a bit faded now.

Lonewolf Ed
02-18-2016, 10:40 AM
It would have been great and historic had Bill Ward played, but watching Clufetos, I doubt Bill could have kept up the pace that man set. He is a wrecking machine! I am dead serious, being more than halfway back from the stage, during his solo, my pant legs were visibly shivering. I could feel my entire ribcage vibrating, too. He ended his solo and they went right into Iron Man, which is not a song where a drummer can catch his breath.

Lonewolf Ed
02-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Bill Ward looked great, like a new man.

Not sure if serious... :hmmm:

Nzoner
02-18-2016, 10:42 AM
It would have been great and historic had Bill Ward played, but watching Clufetos, I doubt Bill could have kept up the pace that man set. He is a wrecking machine! I am dead serious, being more than halfway back from the stage, during his solo, my pant legs were visibly shivering. I could feel my entire ribcage vibrating, too. He ended his solo and they went right into Iron Man, which is not a song where a drummer can catch his breath.

When I saw them in '78 a girl threw her bra onstage and Ozzy put it on looked at the band and they went into Iron Man.

Mr. Laz
02-18-2016, 12:12 PM
saw Ozzy back in 84 with Motley Crue as the opening act

love that genre

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 12:15 PM

Yes that was a very powerful solo. He reminded me of Animal of the Muppets. He just smashed the shit out of those drums. :clap:

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 12:16 PM
saw Ozzy back in 84 with Motley Crue as the opening act

love that genre

Great show!!

Mr. Laz
02-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Great show!!
did you see it too?

i remember standing up on the back of the chairs rocking the air guitar with some friend from school. We had a blast. :)

Halfcan
02-18-2016, 12:59 PM
did you see it too?

i remember standing up on the back of the chairs rocking the air guitar with some friend from school. We had a blast. :)

I have seen Ozzy with Randy, Jake E. twice with Zach and now with B.S.

He has had some amazing guitarist over the years.

That Crue tour was legendary- some great stories from that.

LiveSteam
02-18-2016, 01:13 PM
did you see it too?

I did in Omaha. Ozzy sucked & was clearly waisted.
Crue more then made up for it that night. IIRC it was my sophomore year.

Easy 6
02-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Wow, sounds like an incredible show Ed

I'm supposed to be going to see them in Chicago, hope they're as good as you watched

Talk about "legacy band"

Lonewolf Ed
02-19-2016, 03:02 AM
Wow, sounds like an incredible show Ed

I'm supposed to be going to see them in Chicago, hope they're as good as you watched

Talk about "legacy band"

If Ozzy's health holds up, you will love it!

Lonewolf Ed
02-19-2016, 03:04 AM
I had better seats than it appears. I just can't figure out how to zoom in with my phone yet. Should have checked that before the show... :(

HemiEd
02-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Good to hear,I just couldn't pull the trigger and go,saw the original in 1978 and wanted to remember them like that,of course that memory is a bit faded now.

Saw them twice in 71. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yzVoWJG7l_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rabblerouser
02-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Black Sabbath
Fairies Wear Boots
After Forever
Into the Void
Snowblind
War Pigs
Behind the Wall of Sleep
N.I.B.
Hand of Doom
Rat Salad (Drum Solo)
Iron Man
Dirty Women
Children of the Grave
E: Paranoid

Great setlist - I had to sit through a song or 2 from the not-so-classic 13 album when I saw em.

KC seems to have been all killer, no filler

InChiefsHeaven
02-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Saw it in Omaha for the Tour kickoff...loved the show. I saw Ozzy back in 85 for the Ultimate Sin tour, but never saw Sabbath. Really glad I went. BUT...the biggest missing song...friggin' SWEETLEAF! I could not believe they didn't play it, and when the lights came up after Paranoid, we were all in shock. I mean, they nailed it all night, but dropped the ball on Sweetleaf? WTH!!!

Ozzy was...mediocre, but the rest of the band made up for any shortcomings he may have had. Maybe he was in bad health for this show. He had some energy, but by the last few songs, he was obviously spent.

Still a great great show. Check it out if you can, it'll be the last time they do this.

Nzoner
02-19-2016, 09:08 AM
Saw them twice in 71. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yzVoWJG7l_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Always good to know there's someone here older than me :D

Nzoner
02-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Black Sabbath
Fairies Wear Boots
After Forever
Into the Void
Snowblind
War Pigs
Behind the Wall of Sleep
N.I.B.
Hand of Doom
Rat Salad (Drum Solo)
Iron Man
Dirty Women
Children of the Grave
E: Paranoid

Great setlist - I had to sit through a song or 2 from the not-so-classic 13 album when I saw em.

KC seems to have been all killer, no filler

I absolutely love the riff on Dirty Women.

rabblerouser
02-19-2016, 09:24 AM
I absolutely love the riff on Dirty Women.

The solo is pretty wicked too. Underrated track from an underrated album.

HemiEd
02-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Always good to know there's someone here older than me :D
Yeah, not sure what happened. Paranoid was my best 8 track as well at the time. Had a 62 Econoline van.

Nzoner
02-20-2016, 03:27 AM
The solo is pretty wicked too. Underrated track from an underrated album.

Just had to

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9lBVQhAbRE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miles
02-20-2016, 03:45 AM
Saw Sabbath when they got back together the first time in the late 90's for Ozzfest and it was really great. It was Ozzy solo stuff for a whole long set then came back with Sabbath for another long full set. Saw Ozzy another time a few years before that and was lucky enough to be close to stage both shows. Not sure how he is holding up these days but at least back then he was easily one of the best live performers I have seen.

Miles
02-20-2016, 03:57 AM
This dusted off some memories I hadn't thought of in a really long time. Was 1997 Ozzfest and other headliners where Marylin Manson, Type O Negative, and Pantera (who was really great). Ozzy was up there for easily 3+ hours between his solo stuff and Sabbath that followed.