PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs press conference on Tyreek Hill

Pages : 1 [2]

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 06:29 PM
this is reasonable and jibes with my own experiences with domestic violence situations and false accusations of domestic violence...

i understand all the indignation, but he has accepted responsibility for his actions and is/will be paying the price the law demands...

where is that spirit of forgiveness?

what about the power of redemption??

is it an atheist thing or something?

what gives?
Victim blamers aren't people that have accepted blame. What the hell.

Saul Good
05-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Regardless, the kid won't have a very long NFL career. Opposing players will, most likely, be actively trying to injure him.

No they won't. That's ridiculous.

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 06:39 PM
this is reasonable and jibes with my own experiences with domestic violence situations and false accusations of domestic violence...

i understand all the indignation, but he has accepted responsibility for his actions and is/will be paying the price the law demands...

where is that spirit of forgiveness?

what about the power of redemption??

is it an atheist thing or something?

what gives?

Yep !!

John 8:7 "He who is without sin may cast the first stone".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Yep !!

John 8:7 "He who is without sin may cast the first stone".

In this case, he would probably be stoned. By Moses.

go bo
05-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Yes, really. I have read the police report. Have you?

If everything in her story is true, I expect the pictures to show a woman with significant injuries. She also made a statement that he was choking her to the point she couldn't breath and she cried out telling him she couldn't breath. It's impossible to cry out if you can't breath.

she was using telepathy to cry out, obviously...

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 06:43 PM
In this case, he would probably be stoned. By Moses.

well then that means he wouldn't have been drafted and this thread is a mute point:D

PutQuinnIn
05-01-2016, 06:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I put her through so much and she still riding for me</p>&mdash; Hill (@ImFasterThanYa) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImFasterThanYa/status/517158145911947264">October 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does this mean?

go bo
05-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Dane, you're smarter than this.

First of all, to clear up my position, I'm not saying that Hill is innocent of any wrongdoing in this case. I'm suggesting that there is more to this story and that I don't believe everything that she claims happened.

In a he said, she said case like this with no witnesses, how do you propose Hill prove his innocence? A crying, pregnant woman would take the stand and tell a gruesome story about being pinched in the face, choked, thrown to the ground, and hit in the stomach. That would be followed up by a muscular football player taking the stand and saying that he didn't do all the things he's being accused of. What do you think happens after that?

A smart lawyer will tell the accused to take a plea deal in a case like this every time. It kept Hill out of jail and allowed him to attend a different university.

yep, and charge a hefty sum for their services...

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Dane, you're smarter than this.

First of all, to clear up my position, I'm not saying that Hill is innocent of any wrongdoing in this case. I'm suggesting that there is more to this story and that I don't believe everything that she claims happened.

In a he said, she said case like this with no witnesses, how do you propose Hill prove his innocence? A crying, pregnant woman would take the stand and tell a gruesome story about being pinched in the face, choked, thrown to the ground, and hit in the stomach. That would be followed up by a muscular football player taking the stand and saying that he didn't do all the things he's being accused of. What do you think happens after that?

A smart lawyer will tell the accused to take a plea deal in a case like this every time. It kept Hill out of jail and allowed him to attend a different university.
Because the evidence is stacked against him would be why someone would take a plea deal here.

Settling in this instance, if you're truly innocent, would be retarded when you're risking millions.

go bo
05-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience but here goes:

I grew up with Domestic violence, one of my earliest memories of my father is him beating the shit out of my mother. On one occasion whilst my twin brother and I (6 years old at the time) had jumped on his back trying to protect our mom. Another time on the night my mom left him he broke my eldest brothers arm as a parting gift.

Fast forward another 7 years and as young teenagers we had to endure this happen again with his partner at the time when we saw him at the weekends.

I hate my dad for what he made us see and hear, I know he is a piece of shit and I tell him every chance I get. What is worse he has never apologised or owned what he did. My mom always preached forgiveness and reconciliation, She told me he would kick her when she was pregnant with me. At my eldest brothers funeral in 2001 I watched my mother and my father speak for the first in a long long time.

Whenever my emotions get the better of me mom always says it's me he hit not you If I can put it behind me so can you, and despite all he put her through she would never wish harm on him. I don't know how she does it, if that is the church going Christian in her but when I hear people on here,twitter or facebook saying how he should blow out his knee or neck I am reminded of what my mom says and also wonder what the victim who had to endure that violence that night thinks.

So I am torn on this I hate those people who say because they are prepared to forgive this guy and give him a chance they are supporting DV and VAW. If that were true my mother and no doubt other women would be/should be accused of the same.

Fast forward to the modern day and I still think my dad is a piece of shit (that will never change), because he is and a drunk ass hole but I let him play with my 5 year old daughter, meet my wife, I visit him 3-4 times a year when he live 4-5 hours away. But because of his I must be supporting DV and VAW?

Sorry for the long post I have been reading about this all day and had a few beers.

thanks for taking the time to share...

lots of people have not been personally exposed to dv situations and it makes it easier to understand when someone who grew up in such a situation tells their story...

i admire your courage...

LoneWolf
05-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Because the evidence is stacked against him would be why someone would take a plea deal here.

Settling in this instance, if you're truly innocent, would be retarded when you're risking millions.

If you can't prove your innocence, then what does it matter?

I asked this earlier and nobody answered, but how would you propose he prove his innocence in a purely he said, she said situation?

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:01 PM
If you can't prove your innocence, then what does it matter?

I asked this earlier and nobody answered, but how would you propose he prove his innocence in a purely he said, she said situation?

Jump up and down and scream "I'm innocent" until some really high powered attorney hears you and feels pity for you to take your case pro bono and work off hours for the next 5 years until he can find that one witness.....

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Yeah because there aren't bagmen allover Stillwater

Chiefshrink
05-01-2016, 07:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I put her through so much and she still riding for me</p>&mdash; Hill (@ImFasterThanYa) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImFasterThanYa/status/517158145911947264">October 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does this mean?

Battered Wife/gf syndrome still willing to take him back maybe ?? Or maybe there is real forgiveness because she sees his authentic change and repentance of what he has done and she wants a family with her child being with the child's real father. Battered syndrome or authentic forgiveness/repentance she is smart enough to see potential big $$ down the road as well. Remember Rice's wife coming out chastising the NFL for blackballing him? What do you think she was all about ???? I seriously doubt Hill's baby mama is doing this because from his own mouth she has still stuck with him when he was totally down an out. Maybe this is really authentic remorse from Hill.

Hunt,Dorsey and Reid think so.;)

Discuss Thrower
05-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Yeah because there aren't bagmen allover Stillwater

NCAA has allowed for legal representation provided by colleges. If Tyreek wanted to make the case for his innocence, I'm sure there is a decent defense attorney living in Tulsa or OKC that looks back upon his days at Okie State with fondness..

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Battered Wife/gf syndrome still willing to take him back maybe ?? Or maybe there is real forgiveness because she sees his authentic change and repentance of what he has done and she wants a family with her child being with the child's real father. Battered syndrome or authentic forgiveness/repentance she is smart enough to see potential big $$ down the road as well. Remember Rice's wife coming out chastising the NFL for blackballing him? What do you think she was all about ???? I seriously doubt Hill's baby mama is doing this because from his own mouth she has still stuck with him when he was totally down an out. Maybe this is really authentic remorse from Hill.

But she shouldn't be allowed to reap his rewards. He is a shit bag that should be forced to work 10 jobs to put government cheese on the table for his kid.

teedubya
05-01-2016, 07:23 PM
In this bizzaro world where he doesn't treat his girlfriend like Talia Shire in the Godfather does he stay at OK State, become a Heisman finalist, and end up a top 10 pick? Oh, also, he stops Isis.

Dude, he's going to stop ISIS? What a great pick. No wonder, Chunt is on board! :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 07:25 PM
But she shouldn't be allowed to reap his rewards. He is a shit bag that should be forced to work 10 jobs to put government cheese on the table for his kid.

You're hyperbole has reached epic proportions.

And your complete disregard for the victim is troubling.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:28 PM
You're hyperbole has reached epic proportions.

And your complete disregard for the victim is troubling.

If anything this is looking out for the victim. She will be recieving child support payments regardless of their relationship status. They will be hefty child support checks too.

I think it is you who is completely disregards the victim by insinuating that she isn't worthy of $5k/month child support but only $150/mo from his burger flipping job.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Punishment should meet the stated objectives to reintegrate offenders into society not as a retributive tool to forever punish an individual. There are very few offenses where offenders punishment should not be to reintegrate them into society but to forever strip them of freedom.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 07:33 PM
If anything this is looking out for the victim. She will be recieving child support payments regardless of their relationship status. They will be hefty child support checks too.

I think it is you who is completely disregards the victim by insinuating that she isn't worthy of $5k/month child support but only $150/mo from his burger flipping job.

The NFL has had complete disregard for criminals as long as their productive on the football field. That is very disturbing to a great number of NFL fans.

Also, you're talking out of your ass. On one hand, you say "no one knows" what happened, he plead guilty because it was too expensive to fight the charges and defend his actions since he was placed on probation, yet pretend to know if there's any restitution involved in the situation.

You're just trolling,

Bugeater
05-01-2016, 07:34 PM
<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="517158145911947264" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 163.133px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What does this mean?
It means she wants part of dat paycheck.
<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:36 PM
The NFL has had complete disregard for criminals as long as their productive on the football field. That is very disturbing to a great number of NFL fans.

Also, you're talking out of your ass. On one hand, you say "no one knows" what happened, he plead guilty because it was too expensive to fight the charges and defend his actions since he was placed on probation, yet pretend to know if there's any restitution involved in the situation.

You're just trolling,

Speaking of talking out your ass - do you not know the difference between restitution and child support? I guarantee she will recieve child support if it is his biological child. Not a court in the land would deny that.

Any other legal issues you need clarification on?

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Punishment should meet the stated objectives to reintegrate offenders into society not as a retributive tool to forever punish an individual. There are very few offenses where offenders punishment should not be to reintegrate them into society but to forever strip them of freedom.
Absolutely. But shouldn't the general public be concerned if it seems like the offender hasn't learned why what they did was wrong?

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Absolutely. But shouldn't the general public be concerned if it seems like the offender hasn't learned why what they did was wrong?

In due time if he hasn't learned his lesson he will be back in the justice system and most likely out of a job.

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 07:38 PM
In due time if he hasn't learned his lesson he will be back in the justice system and most likely out of a job.
Have you listened to his interview?

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Speaking of talking out your ass - do you not know the difference between restitution and child support? I guarantee she will recieve child support if it is his biological child. Not a court in the land would deny that.

Any other legal issues you need clarification on?

There are a lot of "if's" in your post, which is par for the course today

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:45 PM
There are a lot of "if's" in your post, which is par for the course today

But by all means please bypass the original question. Is she or is she not worthy of large monthly child support payments?

And speaking of "ifs" your whole argument of him being guilty is based on a bunch of "ifs". You weren't there you don't know you are just assuming.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:46 PM
:deevee:Have you listened to his interview?

Nope. Not interested. If he is truly not remorseful we will found out sooner than later.

BryanBusby
05-01-2016, 07:52 PM
:deevee:

Nope. Not interested. If he is truly not remorseful we will found out sooner than later.
We certainly will.

Dorsey and Reid better hope this guy doesn't even fart in the wrong area. They're both fucked if he acts up again.

I don't think I'd put my career on the line for a 5th round kick returner.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2016, 07:54 PM
But by all means please bypass the original question. Is she or is she not worthy of large monthly child support payments?

And speaking of "ifs" your whole argument of him being guilty is based on a bunch of "ifs". You weren't there you don't know you are just assuming.

Yeah, people that plead guilty really aren't guilty.

Said every criminal ever.

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 07:59 PM
We certainly will.

Dorsey and Reid better hope this guy doesn't even fart in the wrong area. They're both ****ed if he acts up again.

BTW IDK why the crying face was in my reply

DenverChief
05-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Yeah, people that plead guilty really aren't guilty.

Said every criminal ever.

The 31 individuals listed below pled guilty to crimes they didn’t commit— usually seeking to avoid the potential for a long sentence (or a death sentence). They served a combined total of more than 150 years in prison before they were exonerated:

Phillip Bivens and Bobby Ray Dixon pled guilty to a 1979 Mississippi rape and murder they didn’t commit. After the two men were threatened with the death penalty, they testified against a third innocent defendant, Larry Ruffin , and received life sentences. DNA testing obtained by Innocence Project New Orleans led to the three men’s exonerations in 2010. Sadly, Dixon and Ruffin died before their names were cleared.

Marcellius Bradford served more than six years in Illinois prison for a murder he didn’t commit. He pled guilty and testified against his co-defendants in exchange for a 12-year sentence. Bradford later said he was threatened with a life sentence and coerced to pled guilty and testify. When DNA testing freed Bradford and his three co-defendants in 2001, it also implicated the two men who actually committed the crime.

People with more knowledge on the subject (http://www.innocenceproject.org/when-the-innocent-plead-guilty/)

Titty Meat
05-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Perhaps the question we should attempt to answer is what is an acceptable level of domestic violence? What are fans willing to tolerate, and does your tolerance escalate with the player's talent level?

It seemed people didn't really hate LJ until his 3rd domestic assault charge and his YPC went down. Nobody is going to say they support a woman beater but let's not act like all of us won't cheer for him when he returns a kick for a touchdown.

dtrain
05-02-2016, 12:02 AM
So whatever your career path is and you get fired from your job for domestic abuse you wouldn't apply anywhere else in your chosen field? The way people around here sound like he should not ever get hired for a job! His job is playing football and he is good at it and will get paid a lot of money and I believe that is what pisses people off more almost as much as what he did!!!

Rausch
05-02-2016, 06:57 AM
So whatever your career path is and you get fired from your job for domestic abuse you wouldn't apply anywhere else in your chosen field? The way people around here sound like he should not ever get hired for a job! His job is playing football and he is good at it and will get paid a lot of money and I believe that is what pisses people off more almost as much as what he did!!!

After they put themselves out there they better be right about his situation.

It's clear they think things happened differently than is being reported but for whatever reason don't want to talk about how they know that.

I can believe that.

Buehler445
05-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Oh they found something alright:

Better field position for short-chuck and perhaps a run or two to the house.

Wouldn't count on that. Draft profile said that he waits too long for holes to develop. He might house some, but as it sits now, I don't think we can count on better field position.

Dude, you said he may not make the team because he's a 5th rounder, when in fact, thirteen 5th rounders have made the Chiefs team dating back to 2000:

D.J. Alexander
James O'Shaughnessy
Aaron Murray
Sanders Commings (IR for 2 seasons)
Ricky Stanzi
Kendrick Lewis
Brandon Carr
Kolby Smith
Boomer Grigsby
Jordan Black
Scott Fujita
Derrick Blaylock
Dante Hall

You goddamned son of a bitch.

I was >< This goddamned close to forgetting Colin Fucking Brown. Now I have to remember Franchise Killer Pioli and all the cluster fucking fucks he threw out there on draft day.

You couldn't just leave it well the fuck enough alone could ya? Couldn't stop at Dorsey. You just had to go throw Colin Fucking Brown in there. Damn you, Dane!

:)

I'm pretty sure the Rices have figured it out. They've allowed a pretty wide view into their life, and by all accounts, this one isn't BS. She was wanting a check with those comments, sure, but I think that's a bad example in a good point.

We certainly will.

Dorsey and Reid better hope this guy doesn't even fart in the wrong area. They're both fucked if he acts up again.

Pretty much where I'm at. I can't bring myself to be too damned upset, because there is an alarming number of assholes in the league. But if I'm Dorsey/Reid, I probably throw a UDFA contract at him straight away and avoid a good chunk of this mess.

I think most guys are taking the football is a privilege position. I have no idea what's right or wrong, but after the last couple years in my personal business, there isn't a whole lot sacred anymore on the business front, so I may be a bit biased.

Buehler445
05-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience but here goes:

I grew up with Domestic violence, one of my earliest memories of my father is him beating the shit out of my mother. On one occasion whilst my twin brother and I (6 years old at the time) had jumped on his back trying to protect our mom. Another time on the night my mom left him he broke my eldest brothers arm as a parting gift.

Fast forward another 7 years and as young teenagers we had to endure this happen again with his partner at the time when we saw him at the weekends.

I hate my dad for what he made us see and hear, I know he is a piece of shit and I tell him every chance I get. What is worse he has never apologised or owned what he did. My mom always preached forgiveness and reconciliation, She told me he would kick her when she was pregnant with me. At my eldest brothers funeral in 2001 I watched my mother and my father speak for the first in a long long time.

Whenever my emotions get the better of me mom always says it's me he hit not you If I can put it behind me so can you, and despite all he put her through she would never wish harm on him. I don't know how she does it, if that is the church going Christian in her but when I hear people on here,twitter or facebook saying how he should blow out his knee or neck I am reminded of what my mom says and also wonder what the victim who had to endure that violence that night thinks.

So I am torn on this I hate those people who say because they are prepared to forgive this guy and give him a chance they are supporting DV and VAW. If that were true my mother and no doubt other women would be/should be accused of the same.

Fast forward to the modern day and I still think my dad is a piece of shit (that will never change), because he is and a drunk ass hole but I let him play with my 5 year old daughter, meet my wife, I visit him 3-4 times a year when he live 4-5 hours away. But because of his I must be supporting DV and VAW?

Sorry for the long post I have been reading about this all day and had a few beers.

Thanks for sharing. Anytime someone posts something like this it makes me appreciate my childhood. Kids shouldn't have to endure that.

Rausch
05-02-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm talking a body of work had he not got kicked off. This is what TW was hypothetically suggesting.

A body of work without the off field incident. Look how high Austin went. This kid is every bit as good as Austin if not better and Reid/Dorsey know it. I feel sorry for Austin because he has not been utilized correctly let alone utilized enough. Our team had the guts to take a chance PR wise that I assure 31 other teams wished they had. What we don't know is how many other teams GMs and coaches were begging to draft this kid from their owners because I assure you they see the immense potential productional return/slot talent in this kid.

I can see him filling a very similar role to what Dante did for us back when.

3-5 catches a game and electric kick returner.

ARROW2
05-02-2016, 08:22 AM
I laugh at everybody who is on their high horse as if they are polly pure bread when we don't even know the specifics of the case. Also, those same people are saying that this dude should not be able to earn a living the rest of his life with no second chance are hypocrites. Dude didn't even go to jail for whatever happened/didn't happen but even if he did, that still doesn't mean he can't get a second chance (Mike Vick says hello). What gives any of us the right to shut this dude out of earning a living and no second chances when God continuously forgives us for our sins over and over? He gets a second chance from God and even if he did it, he can be forgiven if he asks for it and a chance to move on and get better but these holier than thou idiots on the radio say he doesn't deserve a second chance at all. Hypocrites.

I want to hear analysis on all of our draft picks today, not continuous WHINIING about Hill being drafted.

ARROW2
05-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Dude ran out of money to fight the charges and took the "safe" plea. OJ had money to hire a team that could poke holes in the theory and raise reasonable doubt. Most people were not used to seeing a black man get off on ANYTHING he is accused of and lost their minds. Your defense is as good as your $$$$. The status quo is, big bad black man is accused so he must have done it, case closed, get the rope...

DJ's left nut
05-02-2016, 10:35 AM

Apply all you want.

I wouldn't hire you to sort papers for me if our background check turned up that you choked a pregnant woman and punched her in the face.

And I don't work in the public eye. I simply don't want to work with human garbage.

Tyreek Hill is human garbage. Normal people do not even for one second get an inkling in their head to punch a fucking pregnant woman. And 2 years later they don't give bullshit answers about hanging out with the wrong people.

Go ahead and act like any of you would be sticking up for this guy if he weren't wearing Red. I'm sure you'd be all about second chances if he were wearing the silver and black. The real winners are exposing themselves pretty nicely in this thread.

Discuss Thrower
05-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Dude ran out of money to fight the charges and took the "safe" plea. OJ had money to hire a team that could poke holes in the theory and raise reasonable doubt. Most people were not used to seeing a black man get off on ANYTHING he is accused of and lost their minds. Your defense is as good as your $$$$. The status quo is, big bad black man is accused so he must have done it, case closed, get the rope...

Why didn't an OSU booster step up to the plate and provide for his legal defense? Why didn't an OSU alumni volunteer to defend Hill pro bono?

DJ's left nut
05-02-2016, 10:36 AM
The real winners are exposing themselves pretty nicely in this thread.

Case in point - this fucking idiot:

Buehler445
05-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Case in point - this fucking idiot:

Ummm. Please don't lump me in with whoever the fuck this is.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2016, 01:29 PM
PFT picked up the story...

Chiefs defend decision to pick Tyreek Hill

Posted by Mike Florio on May 2, 2016, 3:21 PM EDT

Talent continues to trump character concerns in the NFL, even if the bar is now higher for getting a player a second chance — and lower for keeping him out.

The Chiefs deemed West Alabama return specialist Tyreek Hill to be good enough to get a shot at the NFL, and his misconduct not bad enough to prevent it. The Chiefs, who were called out locally by Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star for picking a player who pleaded guilty in 2014 to punching an choking his pregnant girlfriend while at Oklahoma State, have defended the decision.

G.M. John Dorsey and Chiefs coach Andy Reid held a Saturday night press conference specifically to address concerns arising from the use of a fifth-round pick on Hill.

“I know that I would never put this community in any type of situation where it would not be good and we’ve done that,” Dorsey said, via Mellinger. “I would like to ask for you guys to just have a little bit of trust in us in this thing.”

“There has to be a certain trust here, but there’s just things that we can’t go into and go through,” Reid said, according to Terez Paylor and Tod Palmer of the Star. “We want people to understand, like [Dorsey] said, we’re not going to do anything to put this community or this organization in a bind. We uncovered every possible stone that we possibly could, and we feel very comfortable with that part of it.”

Reid explained that Hill has worked to rectify his past issues, which occurred when he allegedly punched his girlfriend in the face and choked her twice, when she was two months pregnant.

“Before you’re given a second chance, you better be doing the right things,” Reid said. “So he’s been in counseling, he’ll continue to be in counseling, we’ve got a great support system here for that with quality people. We feel good that he’s trying to right a wrong, a big wrong. But he’s trying to do better, and be a better person for it. And that part, we feel very confident in.”

Hill, who also spoke to reporters on Saturday night, expressed gratitude for the team’s decision to embrace uncanny talents as a return specialist and to overlook his past.

“I got questions everywhere I went, so it wasn’t anything new to me,” Hill said. “I would have just told them straight up, ‘I’m trying to move on from that. I’m trying to be a better young man. I’m trying to show who I truly am.’ Stuff like that. . . . The only thing I did say was, ‘I’m sorry. I messed up. I embarrassed the program at [Oklahoma State]. I embarrassed the coaches. I embarrassed a lot of people back at home.’ That’s it. That’s how I explained it. I really don’t want to go into detail.”

It’s understandable why he wouldn’t want to go into detail. Too much detail would allow a mental picture of what happened to be created.

But no mental picture would as potent as video. If, as in Ray Rice’s case, fans and media could see what Hill did to his pregnant girlfriend, Hill could be Gale Sayers, Devin Hester, Billy “White Shoes” Johnson, and Dante Hall rolled into one and it wouldn’t have mattered.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/02/chiefs-defend-decision-to-pick-tyreek-hill/

Lex Luthor
05-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Do you ever get tired of playing the race card?

It's irrelevant to me if Tyreek Hill is black, white, hispanic, or asian. I just don't want my team to draft a guy who punches and strangles a pregnant woman. I don't give a damn if he plays in the NFL. The Raiders could sign him and I'd be fine with it. I just can't root for a guy like that and I don't want him on the team I root for.

Danguardace
05-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Go ahead and act like any of you would be sticking up for this guy if he weren't wearing Red. I'm sure you'd be all about second chances if he were wearing the silver and black. The real winners are exposing themselves pretty nicely in this thread.

I don't think anyone can argue against this, however I can extend the point to say we wouldn't even be talking about it if they were on another team. I watched the kid in College and didn't know why he left OSU and had forgotten all about him.

Sadly now it is an issue on the Chiefs Doorstep which the front office have brought to their own front door.

Discuss Thrower
05-02-2016, 01:51 PM
I don't think anyone can argue against this, however I can extend the point to say we wouldn't even be talking about it if they were on another team. I watched the kid in College and didn't know why he left OSU and had forgotten all about him.

Sadly now it is an issue on the Chiefs Doorstep which the front office have brought to their own front door.

No. There'd be a thread if he were drafted by Denver or Oakland lambasting both those FOs for taking a scumbag.

ARROW2
05-02-2016, 04:29 PM
You will be the first one cheering when he takes one back in the AFCCG

DJ's left nut
05-02-2016, 04:33 PM
No. There'd be a thread if he were drafted by Denver or Oakland lambasting both those FOs for taking a scumbag.

Of course there would be and the people that are crying out for second chances now would be the first in line excoriating the 'cheatin' donx' or 'hooligan Raiders' yet again.

Remove your football team from this equation and everyone's answer is clear.

I cannot imagine most of the folks that are defending this guy would've been interested in hiring him for their own business. I damn sure wouldn't do it.

DJ's left nut
05-02-2016, 04:34 PM
You will be the first one cheering when he takes one back in the AFCCG

And you'll be blaming the white man if we go on to lose...

Discuss Thrower
05-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Of course there would be and the people that are crying out for second chances now would be the first in line excoriating the 'cheatin' donx' or 'hooligan Raiders' yet again.

Remove your football team from this equation and everyone's answer is clear.

I cannot imagine most of the folks that are defending this guy would've been interested in hiring him for their own business. I damn sure wouldn't do it.

Looks to me that transferring to OSU was his second chance:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">:( <a href="http://t.co/CnLscyMYYJ">pic.twitter.com/CnLscyMYYJ</a></p>&mdash; Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/pistolsguy/status/543489544860217345">December 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445
05-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Looks to me that transferring to OSU was his second chance:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">:( <a href="http://t.co/CnLscyMYYJ">pic.twitter.com/CnLscyMYYJ</a></p>&mdash; Pistols Firing (@pistolsguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/pistolsguy/status/543489544860217345">December 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure you got that right. He went to GCCC->OSU->Western Alabama or wherever.

Discuss Thrower
05-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Not sure you got that right. He went to GCCC->OSU->Western Alabama or wherever.

As in getting a chance to play football (what apparently Hill is "entitled" to) at the highest possible level.

ARROW2
05-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Wahhh, waahhhh, waaaaaah!! Shut up!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Wahhh, waahhhh, waaaaaah!! Shut up!

Is that what he said before he clocked her, or was that during the choke-out?