PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone ever had a cortisone shot for a pinched nerve in your ankle?

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 04:33 PM
One of the treatments that is being suggested for a pinched nerve that I have is to get a cortisone shot. I had one once in my knee about 15 years ago and it was the most painful thing i have ever felt.

If it hurt that bad in my knee, I dread getting one in my ankle.

Anyone ever had to have it done?

cosmo20002
12-03-2016, 05:01 PM
It wasn't for a pinched nerve, but I had one in my ankle area a few years ago. I can't say that it was fun, but I don't recall it being particularly awful.

scho63
12-03-2016, 05:02 PM
I had two cortisone shots in my right foot under and above my second toe to help with a severe gout attack. Never felt the shot. I have a high tolerance to pain. I also don't get Novocaine when I get my cavities filled.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-03-2016, 05:06 PM
What kind of doctor is going to do the injection?

If you asked me to inject your knee with steroids I'd get it over 95 percent of the time. Ankle is a different story...I let the orthopods do those

carcosa
12-03-2016, 05:07 PM
If you don't play in a professional football game tomorrow you are a piece of shit .Sorry but true!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2016, 05:11 PM
I can only speak from my experience, but if the shot in the knee hurt like hell, your doc did it wrong.

Hell, even the one I received in my spine wasn't a backbreaker.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-03-2016, 05:16 PM
One of the treatments that is being suggested for a pinched nerve that I have is to get a cortisone shot. I had one once in my knee about 15 years ago and it was the most painful thing i have ever felt.

If it hurt that bad in my knee, I dread getting one in my ankle.

Anyone ever had to have it done?

Don't be a puss !

Abba-Dabba
12-03-2016, 05:56 PM
I have a pinched ulnar nerve in my elbow that does not allow me to have any feeling in my pinky or half of my ring finger. And I have never had a cortisone shot to try to alleviate any of the symptoms of the pinched nerve. Only fix is surgery. Which is coming up real soon this month.

Have you tried anything other than cortisone? Immobilize it for a while.

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 06:07 PM
I had two cortisone shots in my right foot under and above my second toe to help with a severe gout attack. Never felt the shot. I have a high tolerance to pain. I also don't get Novocaine when I get my cavities filled.

I'll be the first to say I don't have a high tolerance for needles....

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 06:08 PM
What kind of doctor is going to do the injection?

If you asked me to inject your knee with steroids I'd get it over 95 percent of the time. Ankle is a different story...I let the orthopods do those

Doctor said he would send me to an Ortho doc to have it done.

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 06:10 PM
If you don't play in a professional football game tomorrow you are a piece of shit .Sorry but true!!!!

It's not the pain in the ankle that is keeping me out tomorrow....it's the sty in my eye. I'm a kicker and need to see the goal post.:)

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 06:14 PM
I can only speak from my experience, but if the shot in the knee hurt like hell, your doc did it wrong.

Hell, even the one I received in my spine wasn't a backbreaker.

Yeah...never went back to that same Doc again. I swear I was his first attempt at it. But where I was living at the time, he was the only Doc around who could do it.

Like I said in the other post, I don't have a high tolerance for needles.

PHOG
12-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Nope, plenty in the back...ankle no

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 06:22 PM
I have a pinched ulnar nerve in my elbow that does not allow me to have any feeling in my pinky or half of my ring finger. And I have never had a cortisone shot to try to alleviate any of the symptoms of the pinched nerve. Only fix is surgery. Which is coming up real soon this month.

Have you tried anything other than cortisone? Immobilize it for a while.

I have had it pretty much immobilized for several days....that's why he suggested the cortisone shot.

At this point he doesn't think surgery is necessary.

Abba-Dabba
12-03-2016, 07:53 PM
I have had it pretty much immobilized for several days....that's why he suggested the cortisone shot.

At this point he doesn't think surgery is necessary.

I would do it then. What is it going to hurt at this point?

carcosa
12-03-2016, 08:09 PM
It's not the pain in the ankle that is keeping me out tomorrow....it's the sty in my eye. I'm a kicker and need to see the goal post.:)

Fair enough!,!,

Buehler445
12-03-2016, 08:10 PM
When I had tendinitis in my knee, they administered polarized cortisone via electrical pads. It was pretty neat and worked well. I don't know if it is an option in your case. It it is worth asking about.

Mosbonian
12-03-2016, 08:43 PM
When I had tendinitis in my knee, they administered polarized cortisone via electrical pads. It was pretty neat and worked well. I don't know if it is an option in your case. It it is worth asking about.

Thanks....I will ask about it. Had never heard about it before.