PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

DRM08
09-17-2018, 01:04 AM
The ball washing of Watson over what he did last year was dumb. Especially when you consider that 5 of those TD's came from him chucking it up against us.

Watson tried to do one of those jump ball Hail Mary throws today and it got intercepted in double coverage. A lot of what Watson did last year felt pretty flukey. How many times can you keep throwing jump balls and get away with it?

Compare this to what Mahomes just did today. 6 TD passes and not one of them was "lucky." It was a very controlled performance. We know Mahomes has top notch ability to make plays outside the pocket, but 95% of his playmaking today was in the pocket and it was extremely controlled passing.

DaNewGuy
09-17-2018, 01:10 AM
Man what a ride, I got celebratory piss drunk on draft night when we selected this beauty, I took off days for work so I could watch his debut week 17 game against those shit head donkeys last season.played my cards right took today off to witness history. I fucking love this guy

Nickhead
09-17-2018, 04:52 AM
on one hand i think this thread should stay,

on the other?

die in an aids tree crash?

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Let's point and laugh at this fool

Eleazar
09-30-2018, 03:07 PM
https://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/2112013020937funnygifStarTrekPatrickStewart.gif

Deberg_1990
09-30-2018, 03:25 PM
He pulled out the win!

Hammock Parties
09-30-2018, 03:29 PM
The penis pump of QBs

https://i.imgur.com/hitZsOV.gif

htismaqe
09-30-2018, 03:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hitZsOV.gif

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.pleated-jeans.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F02%2Fbook-austin-powers.png&f=1

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2018, 03:40 PM
He pulled out the win!

Moron

RealSNR
09-30-2018, 06:32 PM
The Watson hate on here has always been odd. He's a good QB once again SNR was wrong but what else is new?

Blow me.

ChiefGator
10-01-2018, 10:06 AM
He played fairly well.

I am excited to see how this whole cadre of new young QB's, starting with the year before we drafted Mahomes does. A lot of good looking QB's, already have Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, and even Trubisky found himself a nut last weekend. And then you have the class coming from this year as well. A fairly major influx of QB talent for the league.

Some of this is coming from a greater acceptance of the spread offenses I think.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
He played fairly well.

I am excited to see how this whole cadre of new young QB's, starting with the year before we drafted Mahomes does. A lot of good looking QB's, already have Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, and even Trubisky found himself a nut last weekend. And then you have the class coming from this year as well. A fairly major influx of QB talent for the league.

Some of this is coming from a greater acceptance of the spread offenses I think.

Its a lot of different reasons, but a lot of it is that defenses have been neutered and handcuffed in todays game. That's why we are seeing the huge passing stats at least.

Shaid
10-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Watson is a decent qb but Mahomes is better. Can't we all just agree on that?:grouphug:

htismaqe
10-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Should Chiefsplanet have banned DeBerg over GoChiefs?

Tribal Warfare
10-01-2018, 04:46 PM
He played fairly well.

The tackling rules are the catalyst for NFL offenses' success league wide.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Should Chiefsplanet have banned DeBerg over GoChiefs?

yes

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-03-2018, 08:51 PM
1 Mahomes = 1,000,000,000,000 Watsons.

KChiefs1
10-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Is this still debatable?

ROYC75
10-07-2018, 06:51 PM
Is this still debatable?

No, this thread should be locked!

staylor26
10-07-2018, 06:53 PM
Worst thread in CP history? Yeesh

TwistedChief
10-07-2018, 07:01 PM
I haven't been around that long on CP, but I've seen people mention 'Deberg threads.' Between this and the dome one that he himself bumped earlier, I think I'm starting to understand the reference and its implications.

TLO
10-07-2018, 07:02 PM
I haven't been around that long on CP, but I've seen people mention 'Deberg threads.' Between this and the dome one that he himself bumped earlier, I think I'm starting to understand the reference and its implications.

Yes.

This thread should legitimately be locked.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-07-2018, 07:13 PM
Dude had to be cheesing out of his mind when he started this thread

CupidStunt
10-07-2018, 07:19 PM
DeBerg has his place just like KnowMo has his place. I very much doubt the guy is as dumb as his threads, he just likes stirring the pot.

petegz28
10-07-2018, 07:40 PM
Yeah no

RINGLEADER
10-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Nope

RealSNR
10-07-2018, 09:09 PM
The kid doesn't have "it."

"It" is only good enough if you can replicate it at the same level over a period of time.

Deshaun Watson demonstrated he had "it" against fucking chemistry major walk ons. His toughest competition was a team of whom half even get a chance on a 53-man NFL regular season roster. That's a pretty damn good percentage, but that means you're still only able to dominate at that level of competition and prove that you have "it".

If you're not good enough to do it in the pros, guess what happens to all that "it?"

Yep. That means you're worthless. Congratulations! You're mediocre!

Rasputin
10-07-2018, 09:12 PM
All the teams picking 1-9 are kicking themselves in the ass for not drafting Mahomes.

He should have gone 1/1 in the draft

Rasputin
10-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Mahomes > Andrew Luck

DRM08
10-07-2018, 09:18 PM
The kid doesn't have "it."

"It" is only good enough if you can replicate it at the same level over a period of time.

Deshaun Watson demonstrated he had "it" against ****ing chemistry major walk ons. His toughest competition was a team of whom half even get a chance on a 53-man NFL regular season roster. That's a pretty damn good percentage, but that means you're still only able to dominate at that level of competition and prove that you have "it".

If you're not good enough to do it in the pros, guess what happens to all that "it?"

Yep. That means you're worthless. Congratulations! You're mediocre!

Seems too early to make this kind of judgment. My biggest concern with Deshaun is the huge hits he is taking on the field. I think he has potential to be a very good QB, but he has to learn to protect himself out there.

SAUTO
10-07-2018, 09:19 PM
No but cutie would look good as a chief

RealSNR
10-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Seems too early to make this kind of judgment. My biggest concern with Deshaun is the huge hits he is taking on the field. I think he has potential to be a very good QB, but he has to learn to protect himself out there.

He can still be a good QB, but I want this narrative that he has "it" to fucking die.

"It" doesn't exist.

DRM08
10-07-2018, 09:21 PM
All the teams picking 1-9 are kicking themselves in the ass for not drafting Mahomes.

Actually 1-10. Buffalo intentionally moved out of that 10 spot when they could have taken him. They got a worse version of Mahomes the next year. Similar arm strength in Josh Allen, but not as accurate and nowhere near the vision downfield.

And yes, Mahomes should have been the #1 pick. 10 teams deliberately chose to not draft a guy who had already shown repeatedly Aaron Rodgers level talent in his college tape and had ZERO baggage off the field.

But luckily for your KC Chiefs, these other teams were too stupid or arrogant to make that decision and now Mahomes is likely using this as motivation to drive him during his career for the Chiefs.

philfree
10-07-2018, 09:22 PM
no

RealSNR
10-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Picked off when driving for the game winning FG. On a desperation throw. He could have just played for OT.

Seems like ONE QB is a pick machine who makes hasty decisions and another is a smart QB prepared for reading NFL defenses.

Mahomes is the latter. The good one.

smithandrew051
10-07-2018, 09:25 PM

I was thinking about that today. The Jags could’ve taken Mahomes in the first over Fournette then either Kamara or Hunt in the second round.

They’d be legit contenders to go undefeated in that scenario.

DRM08
10-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Picked off when driving for the game winning FG. On a desperation throw. He could have just played for OT.

Seems like ONE QB is a pick machine who makes hasty decisions and another is a smart QB prepared for reading NFL defenses.

Mahomes is the latter. The good one.

About twice the arm strength helps. Deshaun panics a bit, probably because he knows he has to make a perfect throw or extremely quick read to pull it off.

SAUTO
10-07-2018, 09:27 PM
Mahomes and Kamara on the jags?

yep undefeated

smithandrew051
10-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Mahomes and Kamara on the jags?

yep undefeated

And with all that young talent on defense, you’d have to assume they’d win multiple titles. They’d be the next dynasty.

Instead, they’ll end up just being another really good defense that never had the offense to win it all. Kind of like the Urlacher era Bears.

Coach
10-07-2018, 09:30 PM

In other words, don't go full DeBerg.

It's for your own and everyone else's safety.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2018, 09:31 PM
About twice the arm strength helps. Deshaun panics a bit, probably because he knows he has to make a perfect throw or extremely quick read to pull it off.

That's probably what makes Patrick so calm most of the time.

He knows even if a play gets fucked up he can just fix everything with his cannon arm and quick feet.

thegame214
10-07-2018, 09:31 PM
We still playing this game? lol next we bring up the idiots who wanted Mahomes as 3rd strong because they wanted him to learn behind Tyler Bray haha some hot takes on that thread

DRM08
10-07-2018, 09:33 PM
That's probably what makes Patrick so calm most of the time.

He knows even if a play gets ****ed up he can just fix everything with his cannon arm and quick feet.

It makes everything easier. Obviously it gives him more room for error than a noodle arm QB on pretty much any throw.

But you even see the benefits on short throws for YAC. The quicker the ball gets there, the easier it is for the receiver to make some good moves after the catch.

RunKC
10-07-2018, 09:33 PM
Watson ain’t bad, but he’s not the star of the league like he was pictured last year.

I’d definitely take him over Dak.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2018, 10:02 PM
And yes, Mahomes should have been the #1 pick. 10 teams deliberately chose to not draft a guy who had already shown repeatedly Aaron Rodgers level talent in his college tape and had ZERO baggage off the field.

But luckily for your KC Chiefs, these other teams were too stupid or arrogant to make that decision and now Mahomes is likely using this as motivation to drive him during his career for the Chiefs.

Amen to that. And where WAS the noise from the sports press? Did everybody get it THAT wrong??? Bias against certain college offensive schemes aside, how DO YOU miss a talent at that level?!

It makes no sense. I saw more stroking for Stafford, Sanchez, Mayfield, and 10 other prospects that were nowhere near as good as Pat.

Hoover
10-07-2018, 10:05 PM
I think Watson has a broken rib.

DRM08
10-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Amen to that. And where WAS the noise from the sports press? Did everybody get it THAT wrong??? Bias against certain college offensive schemes aside, how DO YOU miss a talent at that level?!

It makes no sense. I saw more stroking for Stafford, Sanchez, Mayfield, and 10 other prospects that were nowhere near as good as Pat.

Had everything to do with the school he attended, not the scheme. Georgia is a quasi-powerhouse with media darling status. USC is a powerhouse with media darling status. Oklahoma is a powerhouse with media darling status. Clemson is a quasi-powerhouse with media darling status.

Titty Meat
10-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Yes

carcosa
10-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Trader Joe's oreos are pretty good. A different taste than Nabisco Oreos but a good taste nonetheless

Prison Bitch
10-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Had everything to do with the school he attended, not the scheme. Georgia is a quasi-powerhouse with media darling status. USC is a powerhouse with media darling status. Oklahoma is a powerhouse with media darling status. Clemson is a quasi-powerhouse with media darling status.

Or the fact every QB from Tech has sucked. Maybe?

Fish
10-07-2018, 10:16 PM
LOL....

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT39D0vQIdFnu4tmjS/giphy.gif

DRM08
10-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Goff was drafted #1 from the same system, actually a more dumbed down version of it. Tony Franklin (Cal OC for Goff) brought that system to high school teams.

The issue for guys like Kingsbury and Harrell was they didn't have the arm. Anyone making that assumption about Mahomes is a moron of the highest order.

DRM08
10-07-2018, 10:21 PM

By the way, every QB from USC has sucked in the NFL for a long time and it didn't stop the media from hyping the hell out of Sam Darnold...even though he was a turnover machine in college.

Basileus777
10-07-2018, 10:33 PM
I think Watson has a broken rib.
Watson plays really dumb out there. Almost all of the big hits he took were his own fault for trying to do too much. He has no concern for his body, it's like he wants to RG3 himself.

The guy holds onto the ball way too long in general, he's always going to be near the top of the league in sacks taken and he'll make every line he plays behind look worse.

Willie Lanier
10-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Dane said Watson wasn't an NFL qb.

He's not; at least not anything comparable to what we have in Mahomes...

Ahhh, reading through this thread is hilarious

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-07-2018, 10:45 PM
By the way, every QB from USC has sucked in the NFL for a long time and it didn't stop the media from hyping the hell out of Sam Darnold...even though he was a turnover machine in college.

This. I got over USC prospects pretty fucking quick after Matt Cassel. MotherFUCK that school's QB's. For real.

KChiefs1
11-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....

Deberg threads suck.

RunKC
11-28-2018, 09:33 PM
Watson is good. He’s gonna be a good QB for a long time for the Texans. It’s okay to admit that.

It’s also true that while he’s “good”, Mahomes looks to be great.

Iconic
11-28-2018, 09:52 PM
I still don't believe Watson will remain durable enough to last long in this league. Yeah the rules are better now but at least 20% of his game is tucking it and running it and no rules are saving his ass there. He's good, but he'll never be great. Not like Mahomes

Deberg_1990
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

Why Not?
11-28-2018, 10:15 PM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

You serious, Clark?

Chiefsguyinri
11-28-2018, 10:27 PM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

He will starting now through the Superbowl :D

stevieray
11-28-2018, 10:29 PM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

No offense, but we won't miss you if you become a Watson....eerrr Texans fan.

It's like you are pining for an old flame.

Hoover
11-28-2018, 10:40 PM
every time I see this thread I say to myself "fuck no!"

Mile High Mania
11-28-2018, 11:06 PM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

Well duh, that's only because they now have DT...

:clap:

Best22
11-28-2018, 11:10 PM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

9 wins

Has Deshaun done that?

KChiefs1
11-28-2018, 11:21 PM
Will Cain ranks QB’s drafted in the last 3 drafts.

https://youtu.be/K_RP3XPaacU

ChiefsFanatic
11-29-2018, 02:14 AM
Watson is good. He’s gonna be a good QB for a long time for the Texans. It’s okay to admit that.

It’s also true that while he’s “good”, Mahomes looks to be great.I felt like Watson was going to be a sure fire Hall of Famer simply because the Chiefs drafted Mahomes in front of him. Because Chiefs.

Realistically, I was concerned about Mahomes' footwork and wind up release. I thought that Watson was more NFL ready out of the box, and he did play very well before the injury last year.

But I was ecstatic that we finally made a bold move, moving up to take our guy. I was sick of drafting the Matt Blundins and Brody Croyles of the world.

What I didn't know about Mahomes was that he had such an incredible mind for football. I don't remember reading any pre-draft articles that talked about his near perfect recall. If I had read articles talking about that, or about his intelligence in general, I would have had no doubt that we took the right guy.

Thankfully, he worked hard on correcting his footwork, and he cleaned up his release a little without taking away any of the magic, and he was a sponge, taking in everything that Alex Smith and Andy Reid were giving him.

I think that Mahomes has a higher ceiling than Watson, and is clearly a better QB right now, but I think that barring more injuries Watson will be a high caliber QB for the next decade.

But I thank God for Mahomes because I have been a fan since I was 6, which is nearly 42 years, and I can finally say that we drafted a QB that I wouldn't trade for any other QB in the NFL. Hell, I wouldn't trade Mahomes for any TWO quarterbacks in the league.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

jaa1025
11-29-2018, 03:39 AM
I felt like Watson was going to be a sure fire Hall of Famer simply because the Chiefs drafted Mahomes in front of him. Because Chiefs.

Realistically, I was concerned about Mahomes' footwork and wind up release. I thought that Watson was more NFL ready out of the box, and he did play very well before the injury last year.

But I was ecstatic that we finally made a bold move, moving up to take our guy. I was sick of drafting the Matt Blundins and Brody Croyles of the world.

What I didn't know about Mahomes was that he had such an incredible mind for football. I don't remember reading any pre-draft articles that talked about his near perfect recall. If I had read articles talking about that, or about his intelligence in general, I would have had no doubt that we took the right guy.

Thankfully, he worked hard on correcting his footwork, and he cleaned up his release a little without taking away any of the magic, and he was a sponge, taking in everything that Alex Smith and Andy Reid were giving him.

I think that Mahomes has a higher ceiling than Watson, and is clearly a better QB right now, but I think that barring more injuries Watson will be a high caliber QB for the next decade.

But I thank God for Mahomes because I have been a fan since I was 6, which is nearly 42 years, and I can finally say that we drafted a QB that I wouldn't trade for any other QB in the NFL. Hell, I wouldn't trade Mahomes for any TWO quarterbacks in the league.

Mahomes was my favorite QB since Luck. I hated Watson and thought he was going to be a bust due to his accuracy issue and simple one read offense.

Mahomes has surpassed everyone's expectations and looks like a future HoF QB. He's 1 or 2 right now in the MVP race and will be the next great QB.

Watson has surprised me but his accuracy is still an issue at times. Unfortunately, I don't think his body will hold up in the long run. He's kind of turned into more of a game manager this year than the guy throwing bombs all over the place last year pre-injury. If he can remain healthy, he will probably be a top 10 QB for the most of his career. I'm not sure he will ever be elite but can have elite moments. If he loses his mobility then I think his career is done.

RealSNR
11-29-2018, 06:22 AM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

I get that you're embracing the dumbass troll persona...

But I actually kind of hope you're no longer alive soon. You make me very angry.

RealSNR
11-29-2018, 06:25 AM
How fucking shitty would the Chiefs be right now with Deshaun Watson?

Take all the games we would have lost with Alex Smith instead of Mahomes. Now add a few more. I'd say we'd be hovering around .500

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 06:39 AM
Survey says: NOTHING is shittier than the Smith. Not even Watson.

lawrenceRaider
11-29-2018, 07:08 AM
How ****ing shitty would the Chiefs be right now with Deshaun Watson?

Take all the games we would have lost with Alex Smith instead of Mahomes. Now add a few more. I'd say we'd be hovering around .500

Considering what Reid got out of Smith, I'd think he would get a whole lot more out of Watson. Watson reminds me a lot of McNabb and Reid hid most of McNabb's weaknesses for a long time. So Chiefs would be good with Watson, good enough to win the West anyway, but no where near as good as you are with Mahomes.

RealSNR
11-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Survey says: NOTHING is shittier than the Smith. Not even Watson.

With Watson you would get the same frequent sub-200 yard games with the added bonus of more picks.

Let's not act like his life is utterly miserable in Houston, either. He's got a damn nice set of weapons to work with.

Skyy God
11-29-2018, 07:11 AM
8 wins in a row!

Has Mahomes done that?

You’re still an idiot.

Sassy Squatch
11-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Imagine being so retarded that you have Pattick Mahomes as the QBOTF of your team and you look at Deshaun Watson and say to yourself "Man, I'd rather have THAT guy". How do you get dressed in the morning?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 07:28 AM
Imagine being so retarded that you have Pattick Mahomes as the QBOTF of your team and you look at Deshaun Watson and say to yourself "Man, I'd rather have THAT guy". How do you get dressed in the morning?

This dumbassed thread was created shortly after the draft, during Mahome's "sit on the bench and learn what NOT to do"-season.
He hadn't even played a snap yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 07:31 AM
With Watson you would get the same frequent sub-200 yard games with the added bonus of more picks.

Let's not act like his life is utterly miserable in Houston, either. He's got a damn nice set of weapons to work with.

I agree with the other dude; we don't KNOW what Reid could do with Watson, nor do I care to find out. That said, it all goes back to the Sanchez/Geno-argument: different coach, different team; who knows?

TEX
11-29-2018, 08:31 AM

LMAO

RunKC
11-29-2018, 09:01 AM

Watson was easily on pace to break Alex’s career TD pass numbers last year. He’s going to break them this year too. He has a higher than 100 QB rating average in in his career so far as well.

Watson is much better than Alex.

You’re also not giving Andy or his system enough credit. Trubisky is worse than Watson and Nagy is using Andy’s system to make that asshole look great.

Eleazar
11-29-2018, 09:02 AM
This turned out to be the Deberg thread of Deberg threads

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 09:13 AM
Thank God we will never, ever have to find out.

Skyy God
11-29-2018, 09:22 AM
This turned out to be the Deberg thread of Deberg threads

His magnum anus, if you will.

htismaqe
11-29-2018, 09:46 AM
Watson is going to end up with an injury-shortened career. Strange body type. I don't think he can take a 16-game beating year after year.

Perineum Ripper
11-29-2018, 09:57 AM

The nurse that helps him put on his helmet also dresses him

TEX
11-29-2018, 09:58 AM
Knowmo said that the Chiefs will FOREVER be known as the franchise that PASSED on Deshaun Watson.

I told him then, and I'll say it again now, "HELL YES WE WILL!"

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 10:00 AM
Watson is going to end up with an injury-shortened career. Strange body type. I don't think he can take a 16-game beating year after year.

This. Mahomes is just BUILT like a QB all Favre/Elway-style; he was genetically engineered to be the franchise QB the Chiefs have waited for since their inception.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 10:03 AM
Knowmo said that the Chiefs will FOREVER be known as the franchise that PASSED on Deshaun Watson.

I told him then, and I'll say it again now, "HELL YES WE WILL!"

The entire Texans draft room save some gopher looked like KC had just squirted a massive, wet, Blue Bunny ice cream diarrhea-load in to their coffee after KC snagged Mahomes and they had to take Watson as a booby prize.

OKchiefs
11-29-2018, 10:09 AM
His noodle arm will also become an issue in 5-6 years, especially if he sustains some shoulder/arm injuries.

redfan
11-29-2018, 01:51 PM
Watson's gonna get himself RG3'd eventually.
The bigger question is: Can Deberg walk and chew gum at the same time?

JakeF
11-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Reid could have made both QBs work but i think Watson is going to get broken sooner or later.

saphojunkie
11-29-2018, 03:48 PM
His magnum anus, if you will.

I laughed.

38yrsfan
11-29-2018, 05:29 PM
The entire Texans draft room save some gopher looked like KC had just squirted a massive, wet, Blue Bunny ice cream diarrhea-load in to their coffee after KC snagged Mahomes and they had to take Watson as a booby prize.

Where is this image?

Thxs

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Where is this image?

Thxs

It's in the Mahomes draft thread or some such simile. It might be in the regular draft day thread. In any event, it's buried in the sands of CP somewhere.

Naptown Chief
11-29-2018, 05:57 PM
Where is this image?

Thxs

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/27/twitter-reacts-to-the-texans-trading-up-for-deshaun-watson-at-no-12/

It's a Texans publishing so no mention of the obvious displeasure is mentioned, but here you go

RunKC
01-05-2019, 05:53 PM
LMAO

TLO
01-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Now that it has been bumped, it's finally time to put a lock on this thread.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Now that it has been bumped, it's finally time to put a lock on this thread.

Yes I agree!

Red Dawg
01-05-2019, 06:25 PM
Debate is done, not that it's been on going really.

I said on draft day Watson is a Smith clone and he is. Can run, noodle arm and won't score much. He's also no brainiac.

Basileus777
01-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Debate is done, not that it's been on going really.

I said on draft day Watson is a Smith clone and he is. Can run, noodle arm and won't score much. He's also no brainiac.
Watson is not very good, but he doesn't play very much like Alex Smith.

Titty Meat
01-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Yes

DRM08
01-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Watson is not very good, but he doesn't play very much like Alex Smith.

He's a lot more aggressive downfield than Alex, but that can get him in trouble since his arm is not very strong.

CupidStunt
01-05-2019, 06:33 PM
https://www.mumslounge.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/laugh-coffee-spit.gif

RealSNR
01-05-2019, 06:58 PM
He's a lot more aggressive downfield than Alex, but that can get him in trouble since his arm is not very strong.

Where did I hear this one before? :hmmm:

Oh, that was me! When everybody was crawling up my ass for saying the lack of throwing velocity would be his undoing.

Coach
01-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Another DeBerg thread just derailed (as if it was already obvious from the beginning).

Naptown Chief
01-05-2019, 07:05 PM
Like a fine wine.

PHOG
01-05-2019, 07:05 PM
LMAO

rabblerouser
01-05-2019, 07:08 PM
This thread is HOS worthy.

New World Order
01-05-2019, 07:10 PM
What does Black Bob think?

carcosa
01-05-2019, 07:11 PM
Lol

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Nobody is raging, dumbass. People here love Mahomes. I do too. Right now, it's hard to say that any QB has as bright of a future as Watson. Maybe Wentz.
I have hope that Mahomes will enter that discussion. Right now the odds are with Watson.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

KChiefs1
01-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....

It = cluelessness

Kman34
01-05-2019, 07:26 PM
The answer is NO....

notorious
01-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Epic turd thread is epic.

Bwana
01-05-2019, 07:32 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/24aa510ef850121848adcf45e1a7be09/tenor.gif?itemid=5540011 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjerJeogdjfAhVkzoMKHVVZDAcQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fview%2Fgoodfellas-rayliotta-laughter-gif-5540011&psig=AOvVaw3LxxJ7f-anWPdqlnWXWUml&ust=1546824727975706)

Sweet Thread

RealSNR
01-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Also, I loved how Watson was "more NFL ready" than Mahomes.

"More NFL ready" my fucking ass.

Watson's not the smartest QB, nor did he come in with any familiarity with pro-style offensive concepts. Hell, the dude had trouble just calling a complete fucking play in the huddle in his pre-draft workouts.

Houston (and Deshaun Watson fans) need to hope and pray for the longterm physical health of Deandre Hopkins. Without him, Watson is nothing.

Best22
01-05-2019, 08:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson: &quot;My future is bright. I&#39;m not going to lose any confidence in what I can do. ... There&#39;s a lot of guys who get paid more than me who are not in the playoffs.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1081725205435826176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You played bad. Own up to it and stop counting other peoples money

Hammock Parties
01-05-2019, 08:55 PM
It's all coming together.

1. Mahomes throws 50 TDs.
2. Watson loses, freeing us from the Texans tards
3. Colts lose to Chiefs, freeing us from years of cursed playoff history
4. Patriots lose to Chiefs, freeing us from years of cursed AFCCG history
4.5 Mahomes wins MVP
5. Rams lose to Chiefs, gifting the NFL with a big giant buttfucking to their precious LA franchise.

REVENGE ON ALL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS

BandwagonChiefsFan
01-05-2019, 10:04 PM
Bears fans feel same way about Watson

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/101103-Deshaun-Watson-is-not-better-than-Mitch-Trubisky?

Best22
01-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Bears fans feel same way about Watson

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/101103-Deshaun-Watson-is-not-better-than-Mitch-Trubisky?

Those same Bears fans are jealous of Mahomes and sh*t on him when they get the chance

Trubisky may throw 3 picks but Chicago may still win

01-06-2019, 01:15 AM
LMAO knew this would get bumped

RINGLEADER
01-06-2019, 03:09 AM
It's all coming together.

1. Mahomes throws 50 TDs.
2. Watson loses, freeing us from the Texans tards
3. Colts lose to Chiefs, freeing us from years of cursed playoff history
4. Patriots lose to Chiefs, freeing us from years of cursed AFCCG history
4.5 Mahomes wins MVP
5. Rams lose to Chiefs, gifting the NFL with a big giant butt****ing to their precious LA franchise.

REVENGE ON ALL THESE MOTHER****ERS

It is very cold...in space...

OKchiefs
01-06-2019, 03:44 AM
Haha fuck Deshaun Watson.

TwistedChief
01-06-2019, 05:16 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson: &quot;My future is bright. I&#39;m not going to lose any confidence in what I can do. ... There&#39;s a lot of guys who get paid more than me who are not in the playoffs.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1081725205435826176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You played bad. Own up to it and stop counting other peoples money

Wow. That’s a bad look. Fine if you retain confidence in your abilities, but does it make anyone feel better that there are more highly paid QBs who didn’t make the playoffs? What relevance does that have? If I were a Texans fans, that quote would make me livid. The guy has been bailed out of bad throws time and time again by the best WR in the NFL... it’s not all your abilities, buddy.

T-post Tom
01-06-2019, 07:58 AM
Houston (and Deshaun Watson fans) need to hope and pray for the longterm physical health of Deandre Hopkins. Without him, Watson is nothing.

True... AND they need to hope and pray for the long-term health of Watson. 2 torn ACLs in 4 years. He's going to have a short career if he continues to run as much as he does now. He's not built like Cam.

CervezaChill
01-06-2019, 08:32 AM
I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t make it out of his rookie deal in Houston either due to poor performance or injuries. Or atleast make it a debate like Jameis.

ct
01-06-2019, 08:36 AM
watson is and always will be big play qb. if his WRs can come down with those prayer bombs he looks brilliant (and so do they). if they dont, he's just flat bad.

you knew in the 1st quarter when he missed two bombs and his D gave up back to back TD drives they were done.

gimme mahomes all day every day. he loves the bombs too but he can actually play QB and drive his team down the field w/out prayers down the field.

HemiEd
01-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Hell fucking no, we got our man!

Posted in October of 2017. :D

WhiteWhale
01-06-2019, 10:21 AM
watson is and always will be big play qb. if his WRs can come down with those prayer bombs he looks brilliant (and so do they). if they dont, he's just flat bad.

you knew in the 1st quarter when he missed two bombs and his D gave up back to back TD drives they were done.

gimme mahomes all day every day. he loves the bombs too but he can actually play QB and drive his team down the field w/out prayers down the field.

Mahomes has actually been LESS aggressive throwing over the defense than I expected him to be.

He's made a killing on those 15-30 yard laser beams though.

I watched the game and Watson was atrocious. Skipping pass after pass in front of open guys. Mahomes hasn't had a game close to that bad yet. I don't see it happening this year.

Where's all that talk about him 'just being a winner' and how he 'always comes through in big games?'

ct
01-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Mahomes has actually been LESS aggressive throwing over the defense than I expected him to be.

I watched the game and Watson was atrocious. Skipping pass after pass in front of open guys. Mahomes hasn't had a game close to that bad yet. I don't see it happening this year.

Where's all that talk about him 'just being a winner' and how he 'always comes through in big games?'

seriously, watson was so bad

great point about mahomes specialty actually being those mid range deep throws, and he has been mostly exceptional. some hiccups, sure, but really i think ALL of us were really anxious he was gonna be really wild this year and he has just totally blown all expectations off the map.

btw, this thread should just be buried and die already.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-06-2019, 10:31 AM
And yet, MY threads end up in the fucking Romper Room. Pitiful.

milkman
01-06-2019, 10:33 AM

Pierre Desir did a helluva job battling Hopkins for those contested balls that Hopkins almost always wins.

Without those catches, Watkins is shown to be the mediocre passer that he is.

Bowser
01-06-2019, 10:37 AM
It is very cold...in space...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Feb8TnbvyG0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2019, 10:42 AM
On the Texans td drive I think Watson threw the ball to the rb like 6 times.

My favorite part was when he picked up a first down and taunted the colts sideline when they were down 21 points..... And it wasn't even a first down.

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2019, 10:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steve Smith Sr. had a major problem with Deshaun Watson yesterday, beyond his performance itself.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/fnssJmAmrc">pic.twitter.com/fnssJmAmrc</a></p>&mdash; GMFB (@gmfb) <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1081889234133372929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious
01-06-2019, 10:49 AM
Watson reacted the opposite of what I would want if he is my QB.

He should have shown/felt humiliation instead of “ I make less than non-playoff QBs.”

That’s just a flat-out stupid response.

notorious
01-06-2019, 10:51 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steve Smith Sr. had a major problem with Deshaun Watson yesterday, beyond his performance itself.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Colts</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/fnssJmAmrc">pic.twitter.com/fnssJmAmrc</a></p>&mdash; GMFB (@gmfb) <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1081889234133372929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Steve Smith is a badass mofo. Love him on the field, really liking where he’s going with his commentary.

I hope he doesn’t get swallowed into the echo chamber.

DRM08
01-06-2019, 10:52 AM

Noticed that too. Bad idea to show off when you are getting blown out.

Bowser
01-06-2019, 11:18 AM

He's not wrong

NWTF
01-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Pierre Desir did a helluva job battling Hopkins for those contested balls that Hopkins almost always wins.

Without those catches, Watkins is shown to be the mediocre passer that he is.

Yup, he cant throw from the pocket and is pretty inaccurate overall. I was pulling for the Texans to make a game of it, but it was clear by the 4th qtr his only hope is to make plays scrambling or get lucky on a deep jump ball to Hopkins. He doesnt have that middle game of making intermediate passes from the pocket. If he cant figure it out he wont last long.

Mecca
01-06-2019, 11:25 AM
Apparently Hopkins played a lot of that game with a sprained shoulder, that would explain him not winning contested balls the way he usually does.

FAX
01-06-2019, 11:40 AM
He's not wrong

No, he is not.

I have never fully understood the infatuation with Wishkins. Peeps throughout the NFL world have talked him up like he's a combination of Vick 2.0 and Brees or something.

If he didn't have Hopkins, he'd be lucky to have 6 wins.

That guy survives on prayer-balls.

FAX

Chris Meck
01-06-2019, 04:36 PM
I think he's a mid-level NFL starter. He's not accurate, he doesn't have much arm strength. He makes up for that by not being particularly adept at reading defenses. He can run. Yay.

And that tweet does not bode well for where his head is at.

Mahomes, Mayfield, Goff, and probably Wentz (although he can't stay on the field) are the class of the new young guns.

RunKC
01-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Not that it’s a surprise, but what we saw yesterday was clearly what Andy saw in his private visits with Watson and Mahomes.

Watson can’t read defenses well at all and Andy knew it when he was quizzing him at Arrowhead on his visit. He can’t adjust the blitz protections or read the defense pre-snap to change a play to attack the weak point of the defense.

The disparity between Watson and Mahomes mentally is gigantic. Watson clearly hasn’t learned much in his 2 years in the league and it’s not like he has a defensive coach.

All you have to do is look at Watson and Mahomes pre-snap before every passing down. Watson is making some calls while Mahomes says about 20 words every time as he’s reading the defense.

New World Order
01-06-2019, 04:54 PM
Watson reacted the opposite of what I would want if he is my QB.

He should have shown/felt humiliation instead of “ I make less than non-playoff QBs.”

That’s just a flat-out stupid response.

He said that? Wow

RunKC
01-06-2019, 05:02 PM
This guy blamed his OL for his shitty passes LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson on his inaccurate passes against the Colts. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/Wgv5hrcdko">pic.twitter.com/Wgv5hrcdko</a></p>&mdash; State of the Texans (@SOTTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/SOTTexans/status/1081738603598893057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clean pocket here dumbass. Colts read you like a book because you stared down your target. That’s what happens when you’re a 1 read QB.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kenny Moore steps in front of this Deshaun Watson pass for the INT!<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a>)<a href="https://t.co/eiLwcmS7Rd">pic.twitter.com/eiLwcmS7Rd</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1081675583283777536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Meck
01-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Contrast that with Mahomes' comments after the Rams game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-06-2019, 05:20 PM
What a loser. He's right up there with Matt "graded out perfectly" Cassel, except he WILL throw his team mates under the bus. Watson is not long for this league.

comochiefsfan
01-06-2019, 05:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*Breathes*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DRM08
01-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Contrast that with Mahomes' comments after the Rams game.

Not to mention the Chiefs OL has gotten their butts whipped in numerous games this year and Mahomes never bashes them. He gives them a lot of credit even when some of the team’s best plays are from Mahomes scrambling out of bad protection by the OL.

RunKC
01-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Not to mention the Chiefs OL has gotten their butts whipped in numerous games this year and Mahomes never bashes them. He gives them a lot of credit even when some of the team’s best plays are from Mahomes scrambling out of bad protection by the OL.

That’s what happens when you lose 3/5 starters to injury for extended periods of time.

ILChief
01-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Watson is Robert Griffin IV

Raiderhater
01-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Steve Smith is a badass mofo. Love him on the field, really liking where he’s going with his commentary.

I hope he doesn’t get swallowed into the echo chamber.

It is difficult not to become part of the daily narrative, but if anyone can resist it, Smith can. One of my all time favorites.

notorious
01-06-2019, 08:18 PM
It is difficult not to become part of the daily narrative, but if anyone can resist it, Smith can. One of my all time favorites.

I’ve liked a lot of guys, and almost all of them have steped in line with the mainstream.

He’s a different breed, though. A lot of “**** you” flows through his veins.

TwistedChief
01-06-2019, 08:27 PM
This guy blamed his OL for his shitty passes LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deshaun Watson on his inaccurate passes against the Colts. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/Wgv5hrcdko">pic.twitter.com/Wgv5hrcdko</a></p>&mdash; State of the Texans (@SOTTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/SOTTexans/status/1081738603598893057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 6, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Clean pocket here dumbass. Colts read you like a book because you stared down your target. That’s what happens when you’re a 1 read QB.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kenny Moore steps in front of this Deshaun Watson pass for the INT!<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a>)<a href="https://t.co/eiLwcmS7Rd">pic.twitter.com/eiLwcmS7Rd</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1081675583283777536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ROFL goodnight, legend of deshaun

Hammock Parties
01-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Watson looks shook.

He's got a little douche in him.

ChiefsFanatic
01-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Contrast that with Mahomes' comments after the Rams game.I love Mahomes, and I think he is the MVP, and is the best young I have ever seen. I have been watching football for 42 years, and I have seen a ton of NFL QBs, and what Mahomes has done in his 2nd year in the league, and 1st as a starter, will probably never be done again.

But I don't have to tear down other QBs to make Mahomes a better draft pick. I believe that Watson is going to be a very good QB. If he had the chance to sit and learn from Alex, and Reid for an entire year, I think he would be very good. Not Mahomes good, but very good.

But he had to play last year, had the terrible injury, and Bill O'Brien is no Andy Reid.

But, the reason I am quoting you in my post is that I think that Mahomes is more impressive as a leader, and I agree with you that he always says the right thing.

When reporters and media try to heap praise on him, he always puts the spotlight on his teammates and deflects it from himself. Hearing how the veterans on this team talk about him, it's clear that he is the team leader, and no one even thinks about how young he is, they just think of him as their leader.

His intelligence and his leadership are even more impressive than his on the field talent. And I feel blessed that he is our QB.

FAX
01-06-2019, 11:21 PM
Wishkins really shouldn't do that sort of thing.

If he thinks his line let some rushers through in this game, just wait until the next one.

FAX

TEX
01-07-2019, 09:49 AM
I love Mahomes, and I think he is the MVP, and is the best young I have ever seen. I have been watching football for 42 years, and I have seen a ton of NFL QBs, and what Mahomes has done in his 2nd year in the league, and 1st as a starter, will probably never be done again.

But I don't have to tear down other QBs to make Mahomes a better draft pick. I believe that Watson is going to be a very good QB. If he had the chance to sit and learn from Alex, and Reid for an entire year, I think he would be very good. Not Mahomes good, but very good.

But he had to play last year, had the terrible injury, and Bill O'Brien is no Andy Reid.

But, the reason I am quoting you in my post is that I think that Mahomes is more impressive as a leader, and I agree with you that he always says the right thing.

When reporters and media try to heap praise on him, he always puts the spotlight on his teammates and deflects it from himself. Hearing how the veterans on this team talk about him, it's clear that he is the team leader, and no one even thinks about how young he is, they just think of him as their leader.

His intelligence and his leadership are even more impressive than his on the field talent. And I feel blessed that he is our QB.

:clap:

DJ's left nut
01-07-2019, 09:57 AM
But I don't have to tear down other QBs to make Mahomes a better draft pick.

https://ci.memecdn.com/9256090.jpg

Watson can eat dicks. It's not entirely his fault, it's the fault of the idiots on NFL Network and...DeBerg...that were sucking this guy off last year when he was throwing jump balls that Hopkins and Fuller were coming down with. It's for the guys that were calling him the new hotness and the Chiefs were taking bullets because "they passed on Watson and Mahomes can't even get on the field..."

Nah, I don't have to cut down Deshaun Watson...but I'm going to continue to do it anyway.

smithandrew051
01-07-2019, 10:05 AM

Watson can eat dicks. It's not entirely his fault, it's the fault of the idiots on NFL Network and...DeBerg...that were sucking this guy off last year when he was throwing jump balls that Hopkins and Fuller were coming down with. It's for the guys that were calling him the new hotness and the Chiefs were taking bullets because "they passed on Watson and Mahomes can't even get on the field..."

Nah, I don't have to cut down Deshaun Watson...but I'm going to continue to do it anyway.

Whether we like it or not, the two will always be tied. We traded up and could’ve had either one. We took Mahomes, because we thought (and it sure looks like we were right) that he’s the better QB. Think Kevin Durant and Greg Oden. Think Sam Bowie and Michael Jordan. This is just how it goes.

Do we need to tear Watson down? No probably not.

If you switched the two QB’s performances, would every media member tear down the Chiefs for passing on Watson? Absolutely.

Gravedigger
01-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Watson = Young Alex Smith
Mahomes = Mahomes

SAUTO
01-07-2019, 10:28 AM

I love it.

my thoughts exactly

TEX
01-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Watson = Young Alex Smith
Mahomes = Mahomes

More like RGIII, but I get your point.

RealSNR
01-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Whether we like it or not, the two will always be tied. We traded up and could’ve had either one. We took Mahomes, because we thought (and it sure looks like we were right) that he’s the better QB. Think Kevin Durant and Greg Oden. Think Sam Bowie and Michael Jordan. This is just how it goes.

Do we need to tear Watson down? No probably not.

If you switched the two QB’s performances, would every media member tear down the Chiefs for passing on Watson? Absolutely.

Then why should we be excluded from laughing at the Texans for missing out on Mahomes and not jumping the gun fast enough?

Why shouldn't we tell all the Skip Bayless types to suck our dicks? Not to mention all the other guys who think clutch performances in college matter one fucking morsel of jack shit in the pros? That's why Watson has this reputation for being a great QB, because he just wins. It's stupid. The guy is clearly deficient in several important skill areas if you want to be a top 10 QB in this league, and no amount of supposed "clutch gene" will ever balance that out and turn him into a top 10 QB if he doesn't improve his reads, throwing velocity, mid-range accuracy, pocket presence, and learning how to take care of himself.

Mahomes is better than Watson. Many people (including on this board) thought it was the other way around when Watson looked "soooooo gooooood" and Mahomes was on the bench. Same goes for the entire fucking media. I didn't see a single Colin Cowherd/Eric Mangini/Jason Whitlock/Skip Bayless trash Watson last year or this year the way they trash Mahomes. Not fucking once. Steve Smith is the first person I've seen accurately call Watson out for his shortcomings.

I'm gonna talk shit for a loooooong time. My team has the best QB from the 2017 draft. My team was right. Suck my team's dick.

And fuck Deshaun Watson.

smithandrew051
01-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Then why should we be excluded from laughing at the Texans for missing out on Mahomes and not jumping the gun fast enough?

Why shouldn't we tell all the Skip Bayless types to suck our dicks? Not to mention all the other guys who think clutch performances in college matter one fucking morsel of jack shit in the pros? That's why Watson has this reputation for being a great QB, because he just wins. It's stupid. The guy is clearly deficient in several important skill areas if you want to be a top 10 QB in this league, and no amount of supposed "clutch gene" will ever balance that out and turn him into a top 10 QB if he doesn't improve his reads, throwing velocity, mid-range accuracy, pocket presence, and learning how to take care of himself.

Mahomes is better than Watson. Many people (including on this board) thought it was the other way around when Watson looked "soooooo gooooood" and Mahomes was on the bench. Same goes for the entire fucking media. I didn't see a single Colin Cowherd/Eric Mangini/Jason Whitlock/Skip Bayless trash Watson last year or this year the way they trash Mahomes. Not fucking once. Steve Smith is the first person I've seen accurately call Watson out for his shortcomings.

I'm gonna talk shit for a loooooong time. My team has the best QB from the 2017 draft. My team was right. Suck my team's dick.

And fuck Deshaun Watson.

I didn’t say we shouldn’t. I said we probably don’t need to.

I’ve been talking a bunch of shit to everyone I know who was all over Watson’s nuts last year or anyone who claimed Mahomes couldn’t translate to the pro game.

We could take the high road, but it’s a lot more satisfying to throw it in everyone’s face.

Mecca
01-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Media guys will never be over Watson cause of his college career, so they desire for him to be good.

TEX
01-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Media guys will never be over Watson cause of his college career, so they desire for him to be good.

This. It was sickening about how the local guys were building him up this week. They were saying stuff like ,"Because Watson has done this and that on the biggest stage etc. that they would take him over Luck if and when a play needed to be made." Over Andrew Luck??? REALLY??? When he and the Colts just bitch - slapped you 3 weeks ago in your place, and ended your 9 game winning streak, and made it look EASY! LMAO

I actually called into the show, got on the radio and said the Colts would win by 2 scores. Said they just had to take Hopkins away from Watson, like they did a few weeks prior, and Watson would fold. Pissed off the whole damn city in the process. ROFL

Many of my friends heard me on 610AM and called laughing their asses off in part because I was going toe to toe with the hosts telling them basically what you said - about they build Watson up to make him great because of his college career.

Gonna call back this afternoon for an " I TOLD YOU SO! LMAO

Iowanian
01-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Anyone who was on board with Watson over Mahomes......Punch yourself in the bean bag right now. Open hand since you're a Chiefs fan, but you deserve a bag tag.

Gravedigger
01-07-2019, 11:42 AM
More like RGIII, but I get your point.

He's better, but I have a hard time thinking Watson will ever win a Superbowl and just be a Playoff quarterback like Rivers or Smith are.

Best22
01-07-2019, 11:54 AM
This. It was sickening about how the local guys were building him up this week. They were saying stuff like ,"Because Watson has done this and that on the biggest stage etc. that they would take him over Luck if and when a play needed to be made." Over Andrew Luck??? REALLY??? When he and the Colts just bitch - slapped you 3 weeks ago in your place, and ended your 9 game winning streak, and made it look EASY! LMAO

I actually called into the show, got on the radio and said the Colts would win by 2 scores. Said they just had to take Hopkins away from Watson, like they did a few weeks prior, and Watson would fold. Pissed off the whole damn city in the process. ROFL

Many of my friends heard me on 610AM and called laughing their asses off in part because I was going toe to toe with the hosts telling them basically what you said - about they build Watson up to make him great because of his college career.

Gonna call back this afternoon for an " I TOLD YOU SO! LMAO
Vince Young beat USC.

NFL playoffs>CFB

ThaVirus
01-07-2019, 01:57 PM

LMAO

Honestly, you’re not usually very funny but this post made me laugh. A1 meme usage there.

FAX
01-07-2019, 03:30 PM
Anyone who was on board with Watson over Mahomes......Punch yourself in the bean bag right now. Open hand since you're a Chiefs fan, but you deserve a bag tag.

LMAO

FAX

KChiefs1
01-16-2019, 07:14 PM

Classic post.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Still feel the same?

MTG#10
09-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Still feel the same?

:spock:

Hammock Parties
09-09-2019, 08:25 PM
LMAO

fuck off, patriot way

lcarus
09-09-2019, 08:36 PM
Hell that draft I was hoping for Mahomes or Watson. I just wanted a new QB. In hindsight though I'm still totally glad we drafted Mahomes. Obviously.

Bewbies
09-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Still feel the same?

The only team that regrets their pick is Chicago.

mnchiefsguy
09-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Still feel the same?

What a fucking dumbass.

Kman34
09-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Still feel the same?

:banghead:

Deberg_1990
09-09-2019, 08:41 PM

:ROFL:

Truth.

eDave
09-09-2019, 08:42 PM
LMAO

Yeah.

notorious
09-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Deberg is trolling. no way is he serious.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Should Deberg have been thrown in the trash instead of raised as a person? I say yes.

lcarus
09-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Mahomes would've wasted all the time, then scored the TD to beat the Saints. And he would've kicked the god damn extra point too.

Kyle DeLexus
09-09-2019, 08:55 PM

The Bills probably regret trading down with us.

comochiefsfan
09-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Still feel the same?

Surely you’re joking. Nobody can be this stupid.

If you’re serious then seek help immediately.

Imon Yourside
09-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Bwahahaha at this thread, let it die.

TEX
09-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Should Deberg have been thrown in the trash instead of raised as a person? I say yes.

ROFL

Skyy God
09-10-2019, 06:11 AM
Deberg is trolling. no way is he serious.

Clearly this is your first DeBerg thread.....

RealSNR
09-10-2019, 06:14 AM
Still feel the same?

A good game against the Saints ya say????

Well twist my testicles and paint me red!!!!! That boy definitely has "it!" I ain't talking no moving picture clown neither!!!!

Sign me up for sum Deeeeeeeeeejay Woodson over Mahomes right now ya hear????

Fansy the Famous Bard
09-10-2019, 07:48 AM
dafuq did i just read....

DJ's left nut
09-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Still feel the same?

Do I still feel like we should've taken Patrick Mahomes over the dude that had fewer than 200 yards passing in a dome prior to completing two borderline hail mary's?

The guy who had a chance to salt the game away in the 3rd/4th quarters and went 'interception, punt, punt' to give New Orleans the life they needed to win it?

Yes, yes I do.

And Watson's gonna get a lot of OL cut and a lot of OL coaches fired. That guy gets himself sacked as often as any QB in football. The narrative is always "oh poor Deshaun just can't get any protection..." but the guy holds the ball too long and doesn't feel pressure well. He runs away from it a lot because he's an athlete but he can't feel it and slowly slide into a better spot.

Watson will never be more than a flashy novelty.

Hoover
09-10-2019, 08:08 AM
Yeah, every honest Texans fan would also rather have Mahomes.

Hoover
09-10-2019, 08:08 AM
The real debate is not with the Chiefs, but with the Bears. That has to be painful to watch.

MIAdragon
09-10-2019, 08:09 AM
The stupid is strong in this thread.

redfan
09-10-2019, 08:39 AM
So, I guess DeBerg wanted Watson? Figures

Amnorix
09-10-2019, 08:42 AM
Imma go with "no"

Mecca
09-10-2019, 08:55 AM
His weapons are on par with Mahomes, hell I could argue he has more because you can throw Hopkins balls when he's covered and he'll still get them, imagine what he'd look like with Mahomes.

WhiteWhale
09-10-2019, 09:22 AM
His weapons are on par with Mahomes, hell I could argue he has more because you can throw Hopkins balls when he's covered and he'll still get them, imagine what he'd look like with Mahomes.

I do not think so.

While Hill and Hopkins may be a push due in spite of being different players (hopkins really is a jump-ball god) KC has a better OL, RB's, and better WR's. Not to mention Kelce.

I do not get the Watson hate on this board. We picked the right guy. That doesn't mean Watson sucks. He doesn't.

He sucks compared to Mahomes, but who doesn't?

rabblerouser
09-10-2019, 09:30 AM
I do not think so.

While Hill and Hopkins may be a push due in spite of being different players (hopkins really is a jump-ball god) KC has a better OL, RB's, and better WR's. Not to mention Kelce.

I do not get the Watson hate on this board. We picked the right guy. That doesn't mean Watson sucks. He doesn't.

He sucks compared to Mahomes, but who doesn't?

This.

Why am I reading this thread?

Otter
09-10-2019, 09:32 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EKRhxvmtass" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

underEJ
09-10-2019, 09:41 AM
The Elway/Montana shootout is still one of my favorite games ever and I really hope someday to be talking about a classic between Mahomes and whoever rises to become his best rival. Will it be Watson? Don't know yet.

ModSocks
09-10-2019, 10:06 AM
Deberg just wanted to remind everyone how much his football takes suck.

Thanks Deberg, but we never actually forgot.

RealSNR
09-10-2019, 04:42 PM
The Elway/Montana shootout is still one of my favorite games ever and I really hope someday to be talking about a classic between Mahomes and whoever rises to become his best rival. Will it be Watson? Don't know yet.

Rival implies that the QBs are close to the same level, at least such that a public debate can be had when comparing the two guys.

Watson is never going to play to the level of Mahomes. Maybe if he would approach that level with a coach like Reid or McVay, but he’s not right now. And those coaches don’t exactly grow on trees, especially if your franchise doesn’t believe in hiring a real GM.

I think Brady is the only rival Mahomes is going to have. After he retires, it will be awhile until he has one. Maybe if Wentz stays healthy.

jjchieffan
09-10-2019, 05:38 PM
I think that to be a rival, it's got to be someone thay they play most every year. Much like Brady and Manning did. They weren't in the same division, but usually won their division putting them against each other all the time. So that rules out NFC QB's such as Wentz and Goff. With Luck gone, the Texans could potentially be in position to win their division most years, Mayfield could possibly do the same with the Browns, Big Ben is nearly done, and it's not going to be Mariota or the Ravens running back/QB. It's not going to be anyone from the AFC West. After Brady retires, Maybe Darnold and the Jets? But none of them are close to Mahomes.

crispystl
09-10-2019, 07:17 PM
I think that to be a rival, it's got to be someone thay they play most every year. Much like Brady and Manning did. They weren't in the same division, but usually won their division putting them against each other all the time. So that rules out NFC QB's such as Wentz and Goff. With Luck gone, the Texans could potentially be in position to win their division most years, Mayfield could possibly do the same with the Browns, Big Ben is nearly done, and it's not going to be Mariota or the Ravens running back/QB. It's not going to be anyone from the AFC West. After Brady retires, Maybe Darnold and the Jets? But none of them are close to Mahomes.Trevor Lawrence.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mahomes_Is_God
09-11-2019, 02:02 AM
Mahomes vs Brady rivalry is already a thing. I'd bet everything I have that our week 14 showdown gets flexed into primetime and is one of the most viewed games in history. We've already entered into Manning vs Brady territory. People wanna see us beat the Pats. Chiefs are literally the only team standing between them and another boring ass Super Bowl.

eDave
09-11-2019, 02:30 AM
Mahomes vs Brady rivalry is already a thing. I'd bet everything I have that our week 14 showdown gets flexed into primetime and is one of the most viewed games in history. We've already entered into Manning vs Brady territory. People wanna see us beat the Pats. Chiefs are literally the only team standing between them and another boring ass Super Bowl.

This kinda shit really excites me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Watson sucks.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Zero chance. It's a protected CBS game

Pasta Little Brioni
09-12-2019, 06:29 PM
This is the worst thread in CP history. How dumb does someone have to be to start it...

Coach
09-12-2019, 06:32 PM
Another failed DeDerp thread.

Nothing new here.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-12-2019, 06:40 PM
LOL, how is thread still alive?

jjchieffan
09-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Trevor Lawrence.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Assuming that he lands in the AFC, probably so.

scho63
09-13-2019, 04:34 AM
Is DeBerg still unsure of the answer?

BigCatDaddy
09-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Deberg?

jjchieffan
09-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Lol. Watson didn't get in the end zone against that Jags team that Mahomes and co just put up 40 on.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Watson, Hopkins, and Watt don't equal Mahomes

09-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Mahomes vs Brady rivalry is already a thing. I'd bet everything I have that our week 14 showdown gets flexed into primetime and is one of the most viewed games in history. We've already entered into Manning vs Brady territory. People wanna see us beat the Pats. Chiefs are literally the only team standing between them and another boring ass Super Bowl.CBS will not allow that game to be flexed.

TLO
09-15-2019, 08:42 PM
Deberg?

This thread is dead. Lock it up. Burn it down

Mahomes_Is_God
09-15-2019, 10:30 PM
CBS will not allow that game to be flexed.

The NFL will MAKE them flex it. You wanna bet on it?

09-15-2019, 10:36 PM
The NFL will MAKE them flex it. You wanna bet on it?They are allowed to protect games. They will protect it.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Bad time for a bump?

Hail Sir Mahomes
10-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Bad time for a bump?

You are an idiot. :Lin:

Mr. Kotter
10-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Bad time for a bump?

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Shaid
10-07-2019, 11:47 AM
You could bump this for the next 10 years every time that Mahomes loses a game and Watson wins one and you'll still be wrong every time.

RealSNR
10-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Deshaun Watson MIGHT have put up a field goal last night. His extra speed and willingness to scramble instead of look downfield for a throw when out of the pocket might have better served him, but that's only if he didn't get the shit knocked out of him or had Erving step on HIS foot.

Imon Yourside
10-07-2019, 12:34 PM
Should Chiefsplanet have drafted Chris616 instead of Deberg? discus

KChiefs1
10-07-2019, 12:41 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191007/bd1c4c9050186171a28ec05f5af73ed0.jpg

KChiefs1
10-07-2019, 12:43 PM
With this Chiefs OL?

Skyy God
10-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Bad time for a bump?

Bump yourself off.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Watson clearly outplayed Mahomes today.

RINGLEADER
10-13-2019, 02:33 PM

Based on what he was asked to do, maybe.

When Mahomes was throwing in rhythm the short and underneath stuff the team was moving up and down the field.

Then Reid lost his mind (again).

comochiefsfan
Only a fool thinks that Watson is better.

Come the fuck on guys, if the situations were reversed today do you really think Mahomes would do any worse than Watson did?

A gimpy Watson behind that o-line would’ve been killed, and a healthy Mahomes with all day to throw would have put up 50 points.

Gravedigger
Watson

30/42
280 yards
1 TD
2 INT

Mahomes
19/35
273 Yrds
3 TD
1 INT

I don't know what clearly means in your book, but that's not clearly.

eDave
10-13-2019, 02:34 PM

HA HA. NO HE DIDN'T.

HYDE DID. AS EXPECTED.

lewdog
10-13-2019, 02:35 PM

I'm going back in time to provide your mother with an 8 pronged coat hanger so she can't miss.

jonzie04
10-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Only a fool thinks that Watson is better.

Come the **** on guys, if the situations were reversed today do you really think Mahomes would do any worse than Watson did?

A gimpy Watson behind that o-line would’ve been killed, and a healthy Mahomes with all day to throw would have put up 50 points.

This.

jd1020
Mahomes was MVP in his first year starting and some mother fucker is in here asking if we shouldn't have drafted him.

mnchiefsguy
JFC...what a fucking idiot.

Why this fucktard is allowed to post is beyond me.

CasselGotPeedOn
Y'all getting trolled hard

jonzie04
10-13-2019, 02:38 PM

:facepalm:

siberian khatru
10-13-2019, 02:38 PM

Go whack Watson’s ankle with a 2x4 a couple of times and get back to me

BigCatDaddy
10-13-2019, 02:39 PM
I think it's clearly time to ban Deberg

MrCasual
10-13-2019, 02:40 PM
Ermm Watson isn't even close. I would argue Wilson, Mahomes and Rodgers are all on the same level. Brady is good but he's 42 and has lost a little.

swriddle
10-13-2019, 05:02 PM
If lard ass doesn't get the offensive line fixed it won't matter, what QB in their right mind would want to play here.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-13-2019, 05:08 PM

280 yards on 42 attempts (and 2 interceptions) against the Kansas City defense is outplaying Mahomes? LOL

BigCatDaddy
11-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Deberg thread bump for the lulz