PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Overreaction from last night: Cut Eric Fisher after 2018

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 08:35 AM
He's got an out in his extension. We'll eat some dead cap, but we should end up saving overall.

The guy is, was, and always will be a pussy. He even looks fucking tiny. The NFL LTs I've always seen dominate the game have been behmoths like John Alt, Orlando Pace, and Willie Roaf. Fisher looks like a goddamn TE out there. We were waiting after his first season to bulk up in the NFL strength and conditioning offseason program. Has that ever fucking happened? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

He's inconsistent but mostly he just plays with zero toughness. Always has. And I'd rather not force our beautiful new QB to play behind such a limp-dicked dweeb.

lcarus
08-10-2018, 08:39 AM
How I've felt about Fisher since he's been here: at least he's not Jordan Black or Damien McIntosh?

Fish
08-10-2018, 08:40 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

Mecca
08-10-2018, 08:41 AM
He's better than Joeckel at least, but yea that contract is awful and honestly he could most likely be replaced without much of a problem.

tatorhog
08-10-2018, 08:43 AM
I've been a Fisher apologist, but the times I specifically watched him last night, he didn't look good. Maybe once the playbook gets opened up in the regular season and we exploit things like over pursuit, teams won't be pinning their ears back and attacking him 24x7. Who knows, that's all I'm hoping for. But if the plan is pretend he's Anthony Munoz out there, somebody important is gonna get their bell rung.

notorious
He fails in spectacular fashion when the game is on the line.

He is the poster boy for Chiefs playoff performance.

PunkinDrublic
Not only that, he seems to have done nothing to improve himself. Same shitty technique. I can’t fault a player for having some use but just being in the wrong system. Fisher got paid and is now complete dog shit.

lcarus
08-10-2018, 08:44 AM

I can think of a particular crucial 2-point conversion attempt where he failed pretty badly. I tried to blur it out of my mind but its stuck in there.

Hoover
08-10-2018, 08:49 AM
I get that Fisher is underwhelming, but I'd try to slide him to guard before walking away.
I think what I'd do in use a high pick next year to address the position and prepare that way. His contract isn't crazy IMO.

TEX
08-10-2018, 08:52 AM
He's got an out in his extension. We'll eat some dead cap, but we should end up saving overall.

The guy is, was, and always will be a pussy. He even looks ****ing tiny. The NFL LTs I've always seen dominate the game have been behmoths like John Alt, Orlando Pace, and Willie Roaf. Fisher looks like a goddamn TE out there. We were waiting after his first season to bulk up in the NFL strength and conditioning offseason program. Has that ever ****ing happened? Sure as hell doesn't look like it.

He's inconsistent but mostly he just plays with zero toughness. Always has. And I'd rather not force our beautiful new QB to play behind such a limp-dicked dweeb.

Well - he was tough that one time in the Chiefs/ Texans playoff game when JJ Watt went down and Fish pushed his head to the turf...

tatorhog
08-10-2018, 08:55 AM
I get that Fisher is underwhelming, but I'd try to slide him to guard before walking away.
I think what I'd do in use a high pick next year to address the position and prepare that way. His contract isn't crazy IMO.

Trey Adams would be an intriguing selection, if he's available.

Be ghey for Trey? Doesn't have the same Suck for Luck feel.

Ming the Merciless
08-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Hated that pick from day 1. Even if he was decent, it still bothers me we used a 1.1 on him

lcarus
08-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Hated that pick from day 1. Even if he was decent, it still bothers me we used a 1.1 on him

Of course the year we have 1.1 the draft class is awful.

OKchiefs
08-10-2018, 09:07 AM
I want him gone ASAP, but my only hesitation is that Morse is a free agent soon. He's not much better than Fisher IMO and isn't worth a huge contract. LG is obviously a weakness with nobody on the roster looking like they're capable of excelling there. Are we going to replace 3 OL all in the next year or so? I'd be fine if we could, but that seems like too much to do in one year without eating up a good portion of our cap room.

The OL has been average at best and just downright bad at times ever since Dorsey and Reid have come on board. They don't know how to scout and find talent on the OL. This philosophy of small athletic OL hasn't worked. Until we go to a power blocking scheme we're going to continually get dominated at the LOS.

oldman
08-10-2018, 09:16 AM
Is he worth that big contract? Hell no, but I don't see any viable alternative at this time. I watched all the GIFs posted and the trouble mostly came from the LG spot. That's what needs to be addressed ASAP.

Simply Red
08-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Vanilla game-plan brah

Buckweath
08-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Ohh planet of overreaction.

Fisher is part of the Oline last year which allowed Smith to have a career year and Hunt to lead the league in rushing.

Fisher is absolutely here to stay.

Sure, he is nothing special though but he is decent.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Vanilla game-plan brah

Choco Penii!!

The Franchise
08-10-2018, 09:22 AM
Maybe the offensive line is just used to blocking for 1.5 seconds because Alex always ran out of the pocket when there wasn't pressure.

Titty Meat
08-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Would anyone be surprised if Armani Watts gets cut tho?

The Franchise
08-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Dude looked lost as hell out there last night.

Gravedigger
08-10-2018, 09:42 AM
If the Oline sucks this year, they'll replace everything and keep working on Defense over the offseason. Mahomes has 2-3 years easy, it's the Oline that'll run out of time if he starts getting pressured like he did last night.

patteeu
08-10-2018, 09:43 AM
SNR is a true fan. :Poke:

The Franchise
08-10-2018, 09:44 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch Morse.....how was he last night?

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 09:47 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch Morse.....how was he last night?

Pretty good, actually. I think he may have even been the best from a pass protection standpoint. He appears to resemble so far his rookie year self.

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 09:50 AM
SNR is a true fan.

With the gunslinging comes needing more time.

Mahomes didn't roll out once last night, which is when he's at his most lethal as a QB. If there were ANY QB of the Chiefs in the past 20 years who could really use a great LT, it's Mahomes. Being able to step up in the pocket AND roll out and still find guys deep down the field is what's going to turn him into an elite QB.

TEX
08-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Pretty good, actually. I think he may have even been the best from a pass protection standpoint. He appears to resemble so far his rookie year self.

THAT is promising!

TEX
08-10-2018, 10:01 AM

Yes - ONLY b/c there is a need and he was a 4th round pick. BUT, the deal with that guy is he was drafted on "potential." I saw most every game of his in college and he has talent. He makes some plays and he looks very good when he makes them. BUT, he doesn't make far too many plays that he "should" make. IF he was all that, he would have made them and would have been drafted sooner. He's the classic example of an organization thinking that they can "Coach a player better" to get him to realize his potential. He never lived up to his potential at A&M and I doubt he will at this level. So, at some point I won't be surprised if he gets cut - just don't think it's going to happen this season. Anyway, just my take on the guy.

TEX
08-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Yes he did. Probably the product of missing so much camp early. BUT I don't think he's all that good anyway.

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 10:08 AM
THAT is promising!

Check out Clay's Patrick Mahomes GIF thread.

There's nothing too exceptional about these blocking assignments or anything, but he definitely looks the best out of all the OL guys

https://i.imgur.com/4NqdB7D.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-10-2018, 10:10 AM

Exactly, I said in another thread our goal now should be to draft and build the best OL in the NFL .Milkman siad I was a moron.

Simply Red
08-10-2018, 10:12 AM

There's nothing too exceptional about these blocking assignments or anything, but he definitely looks the best out of all the OL guys

our line looks like Junior High players.

lcarus
08-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Jesus that was a jailbreak

TEX
08-10-2018, 10:17 AM

Yes. Morse held his own. But HOLY SHIT our whole LEFT SIDE was a TURNSTYLE on that play! :shake:

TwistedChief
08-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Is he worth that big contract? Hell no, but I don't see any viable alternative at this time. I watched all the GIFs posted and the trouble mostly came from the LG spot. That's what needs to be addressed ASAP.

This.

What's the alternative? I didn't understand the Fisher or LDT contracts at all - these guys just seem like JAGs to me. But then you see Zach Fulton going elsewhere and getting paid, and this is just market value for mediocre OL.

Fisher will forever suck more because he was the #1 overall pick.

The Franchise
08-10-2018, 10:19 AM
I'd rather take the $1.5 million in dead money right now and just cut Erving. He fucking sucks.

TEX
08-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Jesus that was a jailbreak

Exactly my man. Nothing fancy. Just several of our guys getting beat one-on-one all at once. :shake:

Fisher is what he is, BUT is it too damn much to ask to get a serviceable LG already????

Chief Northman
08-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Andy Heck.

He is the common denominator of an offensive line that has underwhelmed during the Reid tenure. Reid is too loyal....

TEX
08-10-2018, 10:35 AM
Andy Heck.

He is the common denominator of an offensive line that has underwhelmed during the Reid tenure. Reid is too loyal....

This - All day long...:cuss:

Bowser
08-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Vanilla game-plan brahVanilla effort by Fisher, as well.

Jesus that was a jailbreakErving got beat like a Wall Street executive in a New York S&M dungeon - often and hard.

Pitt Gorilla
08-10-2018, 10:36 AM
our line looks like Junior High players.

Of course, had that been a run, it goes for 20+.

Molitoth
08-10-2018, 10:38 AM
I don't really overreact to anything in the preseason.

It's vanilla AF and starters/vets don't care, they play not to get hurt.
The guys that play hard are the ones trying to make the team.

notorious
08-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Another thing to take from this: Houston’s DLine is really good.

Coochie liquor
Andy Heck.

Can’t agree more.

lcarus
This.

What's the alternative? I didn't understand the Fisher or LDT contracts at all - these guys just seem like JAGs to me. But then you see Zach Fulton going elsewhere and getting paid, and this is just market value for mediocre OL.

Fisher will forever suck more because he was the #1 overall pick.

I liked Fulton. Considering how bad we appear to be at LG we could use him.

TEX
08-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Another thing to take from this: Houston’s DLine is really good.

Yes. The guy that blew up Schwartz a couple of times is a back-up.

bricks
08-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Bring back WILLIE ROAF!!!!

Titty Meat
08-10-2018, 10:57 AM

MicJones called him the steal of the draft too

pugsnotdrugs19
08-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Fisher isn’t very good however I’d be surprised if he is as bad this season as he was last night. I think we’ll get the same guy we’ve saw the past 3 years.

The Franchise
08-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Erving starting at LG made Fisher look even worse.

wazu
08-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Okay this pic has me mad now.

Pablo
08-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Like cut his throat and let him bleed out? Or just get him off the team? One's way better than the other.

SAUTO
08-10-2018, 11:44 AM
With the gunslinging comes needing more time.

Mahomes didn't roll out once last night, which is when he's at his most lethal as a QB. If there were ANY QB of the Chiefs in the past 20 years who could really use a great LT, it's Mahomes. Being able to step up in the pocket AND roll out and still find guys deep down the field is what's going to turn him into an elite QB.

I think working in the pocket might be something they were emphasizing.

SAUTO
08-10-2018, 11:46 AM
I highly doubt watts gets cut

ptlyon
08-10-2018, 11:59 AM
I think working in the pocket might be something they were emphasizing.

Looks like they should start by creating one first

WhiteWhale
08-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Erving starting at LG made Fisher look even worse.

I have no idea why he's even on the team. He was atrocious last year and he sucked in Cleveland.

Both teams have tried him at every position, and he sucks at all of them.

You can't convince me there weren't half a dozen UFA's better than that clown. What does he DO to keep getting opportunities? I sincerely do not understand at all. It's like he gets badly beat on every single play.

Erving makes Fisher look like John Ogden by comparison. He's just god awful.

The Franchise
08-10-2018, 12:27 PM
I have no idea why he's even on the team. He was atrocious last year and he sucked in Cleveland.

Both teams have tried him at every position, and he sucks at all of them.

You can't convince me there weren't half a dozen UFA's better than that clown. What does he DO to keep getting opportunities? I sincerely do not understand at all. It's like he gets badly beat on every single play.

Erving makes Fisher look like John Ogden by comparison. He's just god awful.

His contract is guaranteed....that's why he's still on the roster. The Chiefs traded for him to see if they could fix him. They're going to try everything they can until his contract is up after this season.

ChiefaRoo
08-10-2018, 12:40 PM
The Chiefs OLine got the shit kicked out of them last night and they will limit or break Mahomes if they don’t get a lot better.

Sassy Squatch
08-10-2018, 12:43 PM

Holy shit, how does Erving allow that to happen? Dude needs to sit.

TEX
08-10-2018, 12:48 PM
I liked Fulton. Considering how bad we appear to be at LG we could use him.

Fulton played his way into earning a nice contract. I knew he would be missed when we lost him.

arrwheader
08-10-2018, 01:41 PM
whew that left side...... Fish looks like the biggest pussy ever and Erving, that was full retard.

ThaVirus
08-10-2018, 03:11 PM

Sliding him to guard on this contract would be a huge failure.

Holy shit, how does Erving allow that to happen? Dude needs to sit.

His technique is absolutely atrocious. He needs to work on his hand fighting and positioning for the next month straight to correct this issue in a hurry.

He was trying to lean into the defensive lineman with his forearms.. that's just.. he ****ing sucks.

OKchiefs
08-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Fulton played his way into earning a nice contract. I knew he would be missed when we lost him.

We give big contracts to shitty OL and let the good ones walk. We never should have let Hudson go to Oakland.

Easy 6
08-10-2018, 03:26 PM
I wouldnt call it an overreaction to say the left side was total ass, Pat got hit waaay too much in such a short time

If a suitable fix could be found, it sure wouldnt hurt my feelings to see Fisher out the door next year... and of course, the Cam Erving experiment needs to end immediately

Reerun_KC
08-10-2018, 03:39 PM

He is the poster boy for Chiefs playoff performance.

This. As the franchise player, he has yet to step up in any game that matters.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2018, 04:02 PM
I've never liked him. He plays like a pussy, gets hurt like a pussy and talks like a pussy.

Now that Smith is gone, he's going to get 90% of my ire if he can't protect the franchise's blindside. I'm saving 10% for Breeland "tubby" Speaks.

IowaHawkeyeChief
08-10-2018, 04:07 PM
I can think of a particular crucial 2-point conversion attempt where he failed pretty badly. I tried to blur it out of my mind but its stuck in there.

Come on... That gets called maybe 8% of the time...

Easy 6
08-10-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm saving 10% for Breeland "tubby" Speaks.

LMAO he is 285 pounds, not everyone is a mesomorph like Kpass

Hammock Parties
08-10-2018, 04:23 PM
LMAO he is 285 pounds, not everyone is a mesomorph like Kpass

He has a fucking GUT

he better come into camp next season in the best shape of his life after the 1.5 sack season he's about to have

CupidStunt
08-10-2018, 04:23 PM
The problem with Fisher is that he just doesn't have any redeeming quality. For his small frame he's a complete pussy vs power/bull players, and yet he somehow can't handle speed guys either. And his first contact is so fucking terrible. He plays like he has the shortest arms in the NFL; he just can't get a grip on anyone.

Deberg_1990
08-10-2018, 05:05 PM

lcarus
08-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Come on... That gets called maybe 8% of the time...

Yeah it was a horse shit call especially considering the situation.

Chiefshrink
08-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Fisher got paid and is now complete dog shit.

:thumb:

Hammock Parties
08-10-2018, 05:54 PM
was mediocre at best last season

https://i.imgur.com/AdjHVlQ.jpg

TEX
08-10-2018, 06:38 PM
I wouldnt call it an overreaction to say the left side was total ass, Pat got hit waaay too much in such a short time

If a suitable fix could be found, it sure wouldnt hurt my feelings to see Fisher out the door next year... and of course, the Cam Erving experiment needs to end immediately

Yes. Erving makes Fisher look worse. He weakens the whole left side. It's one big turnstyle. LG has been an issue for many seasons. You would think by now they would have found a solution...

Easy 6
08-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Yes. Erving makes Fisher look worse. He weakens the whole left side. It's one big turnstyle. LG has been an issue for many seasons. You would think by now they would have found a solution...

As others have already said, myself included, going all the way back to his time in Chicago... the only constant in all of this, has been Andy Heck

He sucks ass, never liked him... he was run out of Chicago in disgrace

srvy
08-10-2018, 07:10 PM
He isnt Branden Albert pussy that guy was prototype big tall long arms with a giant gapping gash and always hurt.

See how fish holds up this season and and move him to guard if have to. But hopefully he will play good and we can focus drafting playmakers at defense.

Hammock Parties
08-10-2018, 07:17 PM
See how fish holds up this season and and move him to guard if have to.

He'dd get his ass totally destroyed at guard.

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 07:19 PM
His contract is guaranteed....that's why he's still on the roster. The Chiefs traded for him to see if they could fix him. They're going to try everything they can until his contract is up after this season.

If he doesn't get better, then we should still fucking cut him.

Paying for nothing sucks ass, but not as much as having Erving in your OL lineup.

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 07:21 PM
He isnt Branden Albert pussy that guy was prototype big tall long arms with a giant gapping gash and always hurt.

See how fish holds up this season and and move him to guard if have to. But hopefully he will play good and we can focus drafting playmakers at defense.
Albert had more size to him and was far better at not letting dudes get around him. Where he struggled was on bull rushes, which is weird considering he's a former guard in college...

If the choice is between 2013 Albert or 2018 Fisher, give me Albert.

carcosa
08-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Eric Fisher Sucks Ass

srvy
08-10-2018, 07:26 PM
He'dd get his ass totally destroyed at guard.

Probably

Titty Meat
08-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Haha under Alex this was a serviceable line according to all of you and now it's not. Hilarious.

srvy
08-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Eric Fisher Sucks Ass

Well better hope he doesnt this year because that will be our 1st round pick next draft. No way Andy is going to let his prized QB get buried this year. He cant hack it switch Swartz LT and move Fish to RT.

-King-
08-10-2018, 07:47 PM

He'd get ground into the dirt as a guard. At least you can use finesse as a tackle and that's why he isn't all the way terrible but as a guard you gotta be a mauler or at least be able to push people around and he's far from that.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
08-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Haha under Alex this was a serviceable line according to all of you and now it's not. Hilarious.

This is true. I think the o line is going to recover and be around average in the league, but I don't think Alex gets enough credit for getting out of sacks at times and for getting the ball out of his hands real fast negating any pass rushes
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
08-10-2018, 07:59 PM
This is true. I think the o line is going to recover and be around average in the league, but I don't think Alex gets enough credit for getting out of sacks at times and for getting the ball out of his hands real fast negating any pass rushes
Posted via Mobile Device

Right? I think the oline is top 15 could be top 10

R8RFAN
08-10-2018, 08:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

This gif will live on forever ROFL

Buckweath
08-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Right? I think the oline is top 15 could be top 10

Ehh, no. This is more like a top 15-20 unit but IMO a good QB can succeed with that.

RealSNR
08-10-2018, 09:05 PM

It was serviceable because Fisher was still growing. I gave him all kinds of time to learn and develop just like I will with Mahomes.

And our line from 2015-2017 didn't have Cameron fucking Erving as a starter. Just like in 2014 when we had awful as shitty fuck Mike McGlynn starting at LG, that line wasn't good enough. If Erving plays like he did last night in the regular season, HE'S not good enough and should be replaced.

And finally, fuck Alex. He was always a transition QB, even if the transition lasted longer than it should have. People were banging the fucking table for us blowing 1st round picks on LGs so that Alex would have some help. Fuck that.

No, I'm not suggesting we do that with Mahomes (at least not yet). What I AM suggesting we do is AT LEAST take Erving out of the starting lineup and put in Witzmann, who at least is better than rock bottom

TribalElder
08-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Dr Fisher didn't have a good game

I know, he isn't the doctor

Naptown Chief
08-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Why are you wasting time on this turd? Isn't there a CB who's thread is being neglected?

NJChiefsFan
08-10-2018, 11:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He did that but he also ran into sacks and away from very good pockets. He did the line a solid sometimes and other times threw away their hard work.

WhiteWhale
08-11-2018, 01:43 AM

Yeah, but can he steal Clark's money somewhere that isn't going to get our QB killed?

milkman
08-11-2018, 02:53 AM
Exactly, I said in another thread our goal now should be to draft and build the best OL in the NFL .Milkman siad I was a moron.

I called you a moron because you have no idea how much Tom Brady does to make that OL look good in New England.

It's not just how quickly he gets the ball put.

He has incredible pocket mobility, gliding away from pressure within the pocket to buy time to make plays.

No one is better inside the pocket.

Chiefs Moon
08-11-2018, 05:14 AM
Erving might be better than Fisher at tackle and Fisher might be better than Erving at guard.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2018, 05:34 AM
Erving might be better than Fisher at tackle and Fisher might be better than Erving at guard.

kill yourself

Hammock Parties
08-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Dr Fisher didn't have a good game

Doctor of what?

Should hit that fuck with a malpractice suit.

suzzer99
11-02-2018, 01:13 PM
No longer in the spotlight, Eric Fisher has persevered to help the Chiefs’ explosive offense (https://theathletic.com/628781/2018/11/01/no-longer-in-the-spotlight-eric-fisher-has-persevered-to-help-the-chiefs-explosive-offense/)

Fisher, with little fanfare, is in the midst of producing the best season of his career. He has played well enough to be a candidate for his first Pro Bowl honor. In eight games, Fisher has been responsible for only one of the 10 sacks opposing defenses have recorded against Mahomes.

He has blocked the best pass rushers in the NFL and has given Mahomes enough time to break record after record each week. In the past month, Fisher has aided Hunt’s production with timely, athletic blocks on the perimeter. And he has committed just five penalties this season, the last one coming three weeks ago in the Chiefs’ lone loss to the Patriots.

“I’ve faced some adversity that a lot of people wouldn’t face in the league, just the expectation and some things that just happened over the years,” Fisher said. “If you put me in the position now that I was in then, I think it would be a much different scenario. There’s truth behind that. There’s a lot to learn in this league, whether it’s on the field or off the field.”

One of Fisher’s biggest benefits is that he has only had to learn one offensive playbook under Reid. He also moved to the left tackle position on a full-time basis in 2016 after the Chiefs signed Schwartz. By playing opposite of Schwartz, Fisher said he has learned from his teammate how to better perform his techniques when blocking.

In the Chiefs’ past two victories, Fisher has accomplished any task Reid has asked of him.

Fisher has become more comfortable in his role the longer he has played in a Chiefs uniform. He has watched Reid add skill player after skill player in the past six seasons. With each new teammate, Fisher has bonded with them through jokes. And Fisher has been satisfied with such an approach. It gives him the space to improve his performance in a quiet manner.

“I don’t have quit in me,” he said. “I’m going to do my job until I can’t do it anymore. That’s something I personally take pride in. I don’t care what you throw at me. I’m going to get back up and I’ll be right back there.”

And this from the comments was eye-opening:

2013 turned out to be such a horrible draft. All but a handful of 1st rounders are out of football or a back-up. A re-draft would probably have:
1. D Hopkins ( picked in the 20s)
2. Lane Johnson (4th overall)
3. L Bell (2nd round)
4. Kelce (3rd round)
5. Fisher

Arguably 2 in the top 5 - not bad.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-02-2018, 01:18 PM
I know Johnson is a great player but you gotta take Kelce over him IMO. He’s jsut more of a game changer. Nobody has been able to cover that guy for like 4-5 years now.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 01:23 PM
I know Johnson is a great player but you gotta take Kelce over him IMO. He’s jsut more of a game changer. Nobody has been able to cover that guy for like 4-5 years now.

Johnson also has some injury history of his own, a suspension for PEDs (IIRC) and has only ever been an effective RT.

I'd absolutely take Kelce over him and I think there's an argument that you take Fisher ahead of him. We simply don't know if Johnson can do the job on the left that Fisher has.

Fisher's a solid ballplayer and really has been since 2015. He's not a 1.1 in a normal draft but the 2013 draft was just a piece of shit - there's only so much can be done about that. At least we didn't take Joekel or Jordan or Cooper.

The guy they should have mentioned but didn't was taken several rounds later - David Bakhtiari. He's been a damn steady player for GB; as reliable as Johnson has been at a position with a higher degree of difficulty.

Pitt Gorilla
11-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Fisher has been healthy and effective at a premium position. I'm glad we have him.

Lzen
11-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Heard a national guy on the radio the other day (Gannon?) say they KC has the best 2 tackles in all of football. Wow, that's quite a statement!

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Heard a national guy on the radio the other day (Gannon?) say they KC has the best 2 tackles in all of football. Wow, that's quite a statement!

As a duo, they very well might.

The Chiefs have bookends they can pretty much leave on an island and know they'll get the job done 90% of the time. You can't go empty as often as we do if you don't have guys you trust at LT and RT.

Think of how often we assign those guys a lock-down role and they come through. It's a luxury that few teams have.

Molitoth
11-02-2018, 02:21 PM

The Chiefs have bookends they can pretty much leave on an island and know they'll get the job done 90% of the time. You can't go empty as often as we do if you don't have guys you trust at LT and RT.

Think of how often we assign those guys a lock-down role and they come through. It's a luxury that few teams have.

Mahomes quick release and pocket awareness inflate our OLine a ton imo.

Simply Red
11-02-2018, 02:29 PM

I think you have some of both.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 02:35 PM

Helps cover for the interior, no question.

But those outside guys are doing work, man. And yes, Mahomes helps, but there's no way Reid exposes Mahomes to those rushers by having Fisher and Schwartz operate without help as often as he does if he isn't completely confident in them.

Neither guy is Munoz, to be sure - but they're both good players and having 2 guys like that to prevent teams from just rolling their rush to one side or the other gives Reid a ton of latitude.

When Reid spent most of the 2nd half of that Steelers game rolling empty formations, you knew we were onto something with these tackles. That's just not something you do with a rookie QB on the road against a defense that likes to get after QBs if you don't trust those dudes.

As is the case with everything in the league - it's all relative. But if you go down the list, you'd have a damn hard time finding bookend tackles you'd swap with ours. You'll find better individuals, but I can't think of a better pair.

dlphg9
11-02-2018, 02:47 PM

But those outside guys are doing work, man. And yes, Mahomes helps, but there's no way Reid exposes Mahomes to those rushers by having Fisher and Schwartz operate without help as often as he does if he isn't completely confident in them.

Neither guy is Munoz, to be sure - but they're both good players and having 2 guys like that to prevent teams from just rolling their rush to one side or the other gives Reid a ton of latitude.

When Reid spent most of the 2nd half of that Steelers game rolling empty formations, you knew we were onto something with these tackles. That's just not something you do with a rookie QB on the road against a defense that likes to get after QBs if you don't trust those dudes.

As is the case with everything in the league - it's all relative. But if you go down the list, you'd have a damn hard time finding bookend tackles you'd swap with ours. You'll find better individuals, but I can't think of a better pair.

Isn't it crazy how terrible Alex made this line look. I remember arguing with a couple of guys that said Alex never had enough time to go deep. If you watched the game you'd see Alex run into multiple sacks.

DT#58
11-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Fisher and Schwartz are doing a decent job at the tackles.
Fisher will never live up to his draft position but hes a hell of a lot better than his first couple years.
And Schwartz is a solid RT.
The problem on the OLine is at center especially if Morse is done
What needs to be fixed is the D and thats where the resources must be spent.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Isn't it crazy how terrible Alex made this line look. I remember arguing with a couple of guys that said Alex never had enough time to go deep. If you watched the game you'd see Alex run into multiple sacks.

I don't think Mahomes will ever get us to a point where we don't need to invest draft capital or cap space into ensuring we have strong tackles.

But he'll damn sure allow us to save some resources on guys up the middle. As much as I like LDT, Mahomes is making him appear to be a luxury item. We don't do much running from under center and running from the shotgun is more about group blocking and vision from the RB than it is your interior winning battles.

So in the coming years, I'd expect we'll save a fair amount of money by scrimping a bit at G and possibly C. Mahomes makes that possible.

JakeF
11-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Is Fisher worthy of being the 1st pick of the draft? No. Is he a solid left tackle who helps our team? Yes.

It's a good thing that our OT's are more reliable than the rest of our offensive line. Fisher is playing well but still has a problem with penalties. I think he's made 5 of them, false starts have to stop.

I don't understand why we are having such a problem finding decent interior offensive linemen. It would be nice to have some inside guys who could really run block.

Pitt Gorilla
11-02-2018, 03:18 PM

Think of how often we assign those guys a lock-down role and they come through. It's a luxury that few teams have.Harris helps with that as well. They occasionally have him block outsider rushers by himself and he's done a nice job.

DRM08
11-02-2018, 03:19 PM

Chiefs are paying top dollar for those 2 guys. Each one is Top 4 in cap hit at their position. Be interesting to see how things play out in the future.

Pitt Gorilla
11-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Is Fisher worthy of being the 1st pick of the draft? No. Is he a solid left tackle who helps our team? Yes.

It's a good thing that our OT's are more reliable than the rest of our offensive line. Fisher is playing well but still has a problem with penalties. I think he's made 5 of them, false starts have to stop.

I don't understand why we are having such a problem finding decent interior offensive linemen. It would be nice to have some inside guys who could really run block.We aren't having trouble. At all. Our interior has been especially impressive given the injuries. Not sure what you're watching at all.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 03:23 PM

I don't understand why we are having such a problem finding decent interior offensive linemen. It would be nice to have some inside guys who could really run block.

Yeah, he's had 4 or 5. The damn false starts at home are going to drive me to drinking, that's for sure but he's not the only culprit by any stretch. And of his penalties I'm thinking only 1 has been a hold. Halfway through the season, that's pretty damn impressive.

And if my memory serves he's only given up 1 sack this year.

He's not All Pro caliber, but he's at the very least approaching Pro Bowl level. He's good. He's not great and in a perfect world he's more of a mid-teens overall pick. You get that guy at 14 you're pretty damn happy. But there's just nothing you can do when you go 1.1 for what was almost certainly the worst draft in modern NFL history.

As for the interior lineman - I mean damn, we're down 3 of them. And LDT is absolutely a pro bowl caliber player. Erving is probably about on par with what most teams have at LG. Morse is very good when healthy. I wouldn't say we're having a problem getting good interior lineman, but we're having a problem keeping them on the field for sure.

If anything, with the production the Chiefs have gotten out of late picks like LDT/Fulton, not to mention credible efforts from street FAs like Witzmann, I'd say the Chiefs have actually excelled at building an interior line. But we work from the shotgun a LOT and that's just not an easy way to run the football, especially between the tackles. Some of our struggles running inside are due to scheme. And to be honest, we're still better at that than most.

jjchieffan
11-02-2018, 03:25 PM

I heard it. And IIRC, I believe that he was saying that was Von Miller's take. Which is pretty high praise. A top pass rusher in the league that had gone up against just about every teams tackles says that ours are the best. He should know.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 03:32 PM
I heard it. And IIRC, I believe that he was saying that was Confused Miller's take. Which is pretty high praise. A top pass rusher in the league that had gone up against just about every teams tackles says that ours are the best. He should know.

Andy Reid has always been a vocal proponent of the ol' "shell concept" so that's not shocking at all.

This team really is Andy's wet dream. Everything he's always said about team building points to this squad. Though he's changed his tune a bit from the past - he used to include edge-rusher in that shell concept theory of his but of late he's talked about how the game is moving away from edge rushers and towards interior pressure.

I'm not sure I agree with him but I hear what he's trying to say. Yeah, QBs get the ball out faster now and it's easier to scheme a good edge rusher out through quick passes. That said, now that it's easier and easier to score, you may see more teams trying to use those longer developing plays to keep pace. Now that 3-4 stops in a game will lose it for you, the short passing game leaves you a little exposed if you have a holding call or a drop.

Something has to give, right? The same guys that are saying "Bend but don't break" is the modern trend of NFL defenses are saying that offenses want to use the short passing game. Well...isn't that exactly what bend but don't break defenses WANT you to do? There has to be a 'zag' coming offensively and if it's towards more aggressive downfield passing, then the edge rushers will be as important as ever.

jjchieffan
11-02-2018, 03:36 PM
You quoted me before I fixed my typo I see. LMAO Stupid spell check changed Von to confused and I didn't see it until I had posted it

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 03:39 PM
You quoted me before I fixed my typo I see. LMAO Stupid spell check changed Von to confused and I didn't see it until I had posted it

I was hoping it was a fresh new nickname the kids are using these days that I was unaware of...

Bump
11-02-2018, 03:41 PM
what an awful year that was to have the #1 pick

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 03:44 PM

I would say "Because Chiefs" but we have Patrick Mahomes now and nobody else does. We also drafted an alcoholic who ended up turning himself into the best TE in football, a woman-beater who outwardly has turned into a model citizen and most dangerous WR in the game and a lazy DL who suddenly developed a motor (usually).

I mean...I think we kinda need to put the 'Because Chiefs' thing to bed for awhile. Things have gone really really well for this franchise for awhile now. So long as we have 15, I'm gonna have a hard time playing the 'woe is us' card...

Bump
11-02-2018, 03:49 PM
I would say "Because Chiefs" but we have Patrick Mahomes now and nobody else does. We also drafted an alcoholic who ended up turning himself into the best TE in football, a woman-beater who outwardly has turned into a model citizen and most dangerous WR in the game and a lazy DL who suddenly developed a motor (usually).

I mean...I think we kinda need to put the 'Because Chiefs' thing to bed for awhile. Things have gone really really well for this franchise for awhile now. So long as we have 15, I'm gonna have a hard time playing the 'woe is us' card...

yup, it all worked out in the end. We have Mahomes, that's all that matters now.

JakeF
11-02-2018, 03:49 PM
We aren't having trouble. At all. Our interior has been especially impressive given the injuries. Not sure what you're watching at all.
Injuries are part of it. Players are worth a damn if they can't stay on the field. Jeff Allen would have solved our LG position years ago if he wasn't made of glass. We've been looking for a left guard for like 4 years?

LDT is our best interior guy by far.

htismaqe
11-02-2018, 04:19 PM

You know, I've always thought that but Fisher has been pretty darn good this year. Tackles aren't easy to find anymore. There's a lot of highly-touted guys that just freaking suck.

RealSNR
11-02-2018, 04:44 PM
I heard it. And IIRC, I believe that he was saying that was Von Miller's take. Which is pretty high praise. A top pass rusher in the league that had gone up against just about every teams tackles says that ours are the best. He should know.

Von Miller should just cut the crap and declare that he wants to be traded to Kansas City.

He loves our QB. He thinks our OTs are great. He idolized Derrick Thomas.

Bump
11-02-2018, 04:45 PM
You know, I've always thought that but Fisher has been pretty darn good this year. Tackles aren't easy to find anymore. There's a lot of highly-touted guys that just freaking suck.

he's been alright, I don't have much complaints on Fisher. But it was a pretty bad year to have that #1 pick IMO.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Von Miller should just cut the crap and declare that he wants to be traded to Kansas City.

He loves our QB. He thinks our OTs are great. He idolized Derrick Thomas.

I can fap to this.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 04:50 PM

Could be worse, we could've spent out the ass for Nate Soldier, used the 34th overall on a G and a 1st on a T recently enough that he'd still be on a rookie contract if we didn't have to cut him, and STILL have the worst OL in football.

Though I'd say Eli Manning has a fair amount to do with that. Man that guy is garbage...

Yeah, when you see what average LTs are getting in FA and how poorly that has tended to work out for the signing team, you really appreciate getting steady, slightly above average play from Fisher. There's no dealing with the 1.1 status; that is what it is. But Fisher's been a good player at a reasonable price for several years here and that's alright.

htismaqe
11-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Could be worse, we could've spent out the ass for Nate Soldier, used the 34th overall on a G and a 1st on a T recently enough that he'd still be on a rookie contract if we didn't have to cut him, and STILL have the worst OL in football.

Though I'd say Eli Manning has a fair amount to do with that. Man that guy is garbage...

Yeah, when you see what average LTs are getting in FA and how poorly that has tended to work out for the signing team, you really appreciate getting steady, slightly above average play from Fisher. There's no dealing with the 1.1 status; that is what it is. But Fisher's been a good player at a reasonable price for several years here and that's alright.

Look at this way:

Would Fisher normally be the 1st overall pick? No.

Would Mahomes normally be the 1st overall pick? Every. Single. Time.

If you look at it that way, we may have overpaid for Fisher but we freaking STOLE Patrick Mahomes.

patteeu
11-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Look at this way:

If you look at it that way, we may have overpaid for Fisher but we freaking STOLE Patrick Mahomes.

That’s a good way to look at it.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Look at this way:

Hell, it's easier than that.

When you're drafting at 1.1 you should probably have the best draft in football right? We didn't, but we gave 2.1 to get Smith, so that impacted it. When you really sit down and look at that draft team by team, there are 2 teams that had demonstrably better drafts than we did, IMO - Detroit (who KILLED it) and GB. Houston, Arizona, Dallas and a few others had drafts on par with ours.

But we pulled Kelce and Fisher from that draft and the bottom line is that there just wasn't a shitload better to have reasonably done there. The draft sucked. We took 2 guys from that draft who would have gone in the top 10 if the draft was re-done today - that's pretty alright. And for a draft that had NO consensus top pick, that's pretty outstanding really.

Pitt Gorilla
11-02-2018, 05:02 PM

We got fisher and Kelce out of that draft. That’s pretty damn good.

frozenchief
11-02-2018, 05:25 PM
he's been alright, I don't have much complaints on Fisher. But it was a pretty bad year to have that #1 pick IMO.

You are right. I mean, realistically, who should we have drafted instead of Fisher? There was no great QB. No offensive player really stood out. Le'Veon Bell was drafted that year, but he was in the second round. Some pundits suggested drafting Bell and playing him as a D-back. Fisher was a safe choice for a franchise that was in deep shit. He struggled initially but he and Mitch Schwartz are among the 10 best, if not 5 best, pair of tackles in the league.

Eric Reid or Tyler Eifert? Reid could have helped but I'm glad we have Kelce over Eifert and we chose Kelce 2 rounds after Eifert. D'Andre Hopkins? We had no QB to really bring out his potential and now we have Tyreek, who is definitely faster.

Fisher isn't flashy but he's solid and in the top tier of LTs in the league. Considering what was available, I don't begrudge the Fisher pick. He now does a pretty good job of protecting Mahomes.

If you want a good article about how good Fisher is, here's an article from The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/628781/2018/11/01/no-longer-in-the-spotlight-eric-fisher-has-persevered-to-help-the-chiefs-explosive-offense/

I don't post the article itself because unlike a lot of sources, you have to pay for The Athletic material. And articles like this are a reason you should subscribe. TL;DR version: Fisher's settled into being an excellent LT for KC.

CoMoChief
11-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Mahomes has made Fisher look a lot better.

He's took a long time to develop, but it looks like he's made some strides from last yr.

JohnnyV13
11-02-2018, 08:18 PM
This article ranked Fischer/Schwartz 8th best pair of bookends using ESPN's Pass Blocking Win Rate metric, which analyzes how often a tackle holds up 2.5 seconds after the snap.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/25015727/ranking-nfl-offensive-tackle-duos-pass-blocking-nfl-2018

8. Kansas City Chiefs

Left Tackle: Eric Fisher (79 percent)
Right Tackle: Mitchell Schwartz (89 percent)

One weakness of PBWR is that it doesn't adjust for opponents. That's OK over the course of a season, but it can have a big effect in a single game. That didn't matter for Schwartz against the Broncos earlier this season, when he posted a 96 percent PBWR in a game in which he mostly squared off against Von Miller.

suzzer99
11-02-2018, 10:46 PM
You are right. I mean, realistically, who should we have drafted instead of Fisher? There was no great QB. No offensive player really stood out. Le'Veon Bell was drafted that year, but he was in the second round. Some pundits suggested drafting Bell and playing him as a D-back. Fisher was a safe choice for a franchise that was in deep shit. He struggled initially but he and Mitch Schwartz are among the 10 best, if not 5 best, pair of tackles in the league.

Eric Reid or Tyler Eifert? Reid could have helped but I'm glad we have Kelce over Eifert and we chose Kelce 2 rounds after Eifert. D'Andre Hopkins? We had no QB to really bring out his potential and now we have Tyreek, who is definitely faster.

Fisher isn't flashy but he's solid and in the top tier of LTs in the league. Considering what was available, I don't begrudge the Fisher pick. He now does a pretty good job of protecting Mahomes.

If you want a good article about how good Fisher is, here's an article from The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/628781/2018/11/01/no-longer-in-the-spotlight-eric-fisher-has-persevered-to-help-the-chiefs-explosive-offense/

I don't post the article itself because unlike a lot of sources, you have to pay for The Athletic material. And articles like this are a reason you should subscribe. TL;DR version: Fisher's settled into being an excellent LT for KC.

This is the article I bumped the thread with. I searched the forum for Fisher and picked the most recent thread.

-King-
11-03-2018, 01:25 AM

After seeing how Cam Erving has played for us and how Cable going from Seattle to Oakland dramatically changed how both teams o-lines play, I wonder how much of it all is coaching. Would Erick Flowers be as bad on another with good coaching? I think of all positions O-line is the most coachable and where technique overrules raw talent most times. If you have a coach that can't properly teach technique, even talented players are going to look like shit.

But then again, Cam came from the browns and the one good coach they do have is the O-line coach so who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
11-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Fisher is getting absolutely abused today...

chefs fan in omaha
11-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Yep

rabblerouser
11-11-2018, 02:32 PM
Fisher has had his worst game since his 2nd year today.

phisherman
11-11-2018, 02:34 PM

No shit. He's getting beat like a rented mule out there. To be fair though, Chandler Jones is a beast.

Coach
11-11-2018, 02:50 PM
No shit. He's getting beat like a rented mule out there. To be fair though, Chandler Jones is a beast.

The play calling was garbage today though. Too many slow developing plays and a little cuteness was added into it.

That'd make any O-Lineman look bad, especially going against Chandler Jones.

rabblerouser
11-11-2018, 02:57 PM
The play calling was garbage today though. Too many slow developing plays and a little cuteness was added into it.

Andy Reid? Getting too cute?

How many carries did KHunt have today?

And what was his YPC?

carcosa
11-11-2018, 03:43 PM
He sucked a significant amount of ass today

lcarus
11-11-2018, 03:46 PM
Andy Reid? Getting too cute?

How many carries did KHunt have today?

And what was his YPC?

16 for 71. 4.4 avg.

TomBarndtsTwin
11-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Fisher didn’t look good today, BUT in all fairness, he was going up against one of the best pass rushers in the league in Jones.

JakeF
11-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Fisher didn’t look good today, BUT in all fairness, he was going up against one of the best pass rushers in the league in Jones.
It was a crappy game today for Fisher. He has been good this season though. I don't want to extend him but there's no reason to freak out about today's game. I still don't understand why Andy Reid can't anticipate problems with certain pass rushers and give Fisher some help. All he really needed today was a chip from an RB to slow Jones down a step. Our offensive genius seems incapable of provided help without completely gutting his offense.

JakeF
11-11-2018, 04:55 PM

That'd make any O-Lineman look bad, especially going against Chandler Jones.
Almost all of Reid's plays are slow developing. He is so busy trying to prove how smart he is that he just can't run the basics.

Hamwallet
11-11-2018, 05:03 PM
Maybe we went vanilla today because of who we are playing next week? After I say that, why the fuck did we have Hill return kicks against the Rams? I hate seeing him returning kicks. This isn’t Madden and he is our #1 receiver.

TribalElder
11-11-2018, 05:05 PM
FISHER LOOKED LIKE WARDRUM

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/AnxiousSpotlessChevrotain' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='1280' height='720' allowfullscreen></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/AnxiousSpotlessChevrotain">via Gfycat</a></p>

Hammock Parties
11-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Almost all of Reid's plays are slow developing. He is so busy trying to prove how smart he is that he just can't run the basics.

Why are you being a buttfucking moron you Smith-loving taint sniffer?

Andy Reid's play designs are fucking genious and the only reason your turd burglar checkdown pissant ever had a year above average in this league.

MahiMike
11-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Wonder what Luke Joeckel is doing these days...

Chief Roundup
11-11-2018, 05:59 PM
The question about todays game is why didn't we give him any help?

scho63
11-11-2018, 06:10 PM
The question about todays game is why didn't we give him any help?

The Cards overloaded the line the entire game. There wasn't anyone to help and the backs did help some.

JakeF
11-11-2018, 06:17 PM
The Cards overloaded the line the entire game. There wasn't anyone to help and the backs did help some.
They didn't help him much.

We didn't we make them pay for overloading the line so often? If we did it offenses would destroy us.

Marcellus
11-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Fisher is fine, he had a rough day against an All Pro.

CoMoChief
11-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Maybe we went vanilla today because of who we are playing next week? After I say that, why the fuck did we have Hill return kicks against the Rams? I hate seeing him returning kicks. This isn’t Madden and he is our #1 receiver.

This team is fighting for HFA and it's week 10 of the season with the Chargers, Pats, Steelers all nipping at the Chiefs heels.

Being vanilla is simply out of the question.

Playcalling and execution was bad in the 2nd half, and to make matters worse, Fisher was being beaten like a rented mule.

Glad we won...but AZ is a BAD team..and say what you want about what Rosen "can" be some day...right now he sucks ass and looks like an overmatched rookie. This game should have been won in a more convincing fashion. But a W is a W in a league where teams can win any given Sunday, so I'll take it.

I just don't like Fisher..never did. I think he's kind of a pussy for an OL to be honest. Maybe it's his doughy babyface church choir looking demeanor I dunno....I just hope he's not having night terrors of Rams DL in his sleep like he James Harrison..because if so, he's already lost that battle and he hasn't even stepped on the plane yet.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Fisher leading odds to be the Lin Elliott of 2018.

Marcellus
11-11-2018, 06:38 PM
This team is fighting for HFA and it's week 10 of the season with the Chargers, Pats, Steelers all nipping at the Chiefs heels.

Being vanilla is simply out of the question.

Playcalling and execution was bad in the 2nd half, and to make matters worse, Fisher was being beaten like a rented mule.

They have played about 3 bad halves of football all season. It happens, there isn't a team that hasn't played more bad halves of football.

People forget AZ is one of the best defenses we have played, they are better than Denver and LA. They are the #1 pass defense 10 weeks in.

The other side gets paid too.

OnTheWarpath15
11-11-2018, 06:48 PM
You could make the argument that they are the #1 pass defense because teams don't need to throw on them.

They are ranked 31st against the run.

You'd think Hunt would get more than 16 carries.

HemiEd
11-11-2018, 06:48 PM

He is saving up to face Donald-Suh and the crew next week.

Who am I kidding, he flat out sucked today.

HemiEd
11-11-2018, 06:53 PM
They have played about 3 bad halves of football all season. It happens, there isn't a team that hasn't played more bad halves of football.

People forget AZ is one of the best defenses we have played, they are better than Denver and LA. They are the #1 pass defense 10 weeks in.

The other side gets paid too.

I feel better now and will come down off of the ledge. thanks

petegz28
11-11-2018, 06:57 PM
You could make the argument that they are the #1 pass defense because teams don't need to throw on them.

Yeah I didn't understand the reluctance to keep giving the ball to Hunt. He was doing great except for the stupid sideways calls. 3 of the sacks though were on Mahomes. Probably the best pass rush we've seen all season overall.

CoMoChief
11-11-2018, 07:03 PM

This.

Marcellus
11-11-2018, 07:04 PM
This.

It has nothing to do with them being the #1 pass defense. Nothing.

DJ's left nut
11-11-2018, 07:10 PM

That he did.

That's what keeps him from being great, I guess. He got his shit pushed in today and for ther most part wasn't even competitive. As bad as he's been since his rookie year.

Reiter got his ass kicked a bit as well. Ugly day by the OL all around.

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 07:17 PM
It has nothing to do with them being the #1 pass defense. Nothing.

It probably does.

Their offense is averaging only 13.8 points per game. That is absolutely horrid.

Opposing teams really don't have much reason to air it out beyond the first half.

Marcellus
11-11-2018, 07:20 PM
It probably does.

Their offense is averaging only 13.8 points per game. That is absolutely horrid.

Opposing teams really don't have much reason to air it out beyond the first half.

You saw everything you needed to see to rest this argument. They scored 14 points.

ThaVirus
11-11-2018, 07:39 PM
You saw everything you needed to see to rest this argument. They scored 14 points.

Not really. Their pass defense is middle of the pack on a per play basis.

Lots of factors affect overall volume stats.

Eleazar
11-11-2018, 07:58 PM
He had a bad game today, but he is still what we thought he was. He's a top half of the league LT.

Marcellus
11-11-2018, 08:07 PM
Not really. Their pass defense is middle of the pack on a per play basis.

Lots of factors affect overall volume stats.

No they played exactly to their defensive stats 10 weeks into the season. On offense as well.

Chief Roundup
11-11-2018, 08:43 PM

Other than he won't face them two actually, at least not on most downs, that will be Erving, Reiter, Wylie. That should give Mahomes the warm and fuzzies.

Titty Meat
11-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Oline played like shit today. This is a game Alex Smith would have lost.

Titty Meat
11-11-2018, 08:52 PM
The interior would stop Donald and Suh. Alot of rolling Mahomes out which is great at and screens.

RunKC
10-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Nobody ever appreciates Eric Fisher being a decent tackle. Well he’s out and look at what’s happened?

Maybe you guys will appreciate this guy now that you’ve seen life without him