PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Potential Chiefs trades

O.city
08-20-2018, 03:50 PM
Thought this might bring some interesting discussion.

Which current Chief do you feel isn't likely to make the roster but might actually bring something back?

O.city
08-20-2018, 03:50 PM
If he could actually play and or was healthy and could show it, I think Ware might bring something back.

I had though maybe Conley, but I just dunno about that.

Marcellus
08-20-2018, 03:53 PM
There will be a RB traded, just not sure which one.

In58men
Everyone is going to have the same opinion

Conley
Ware
West

Skyy God
WR seems pretty deep.

Maybe Kerwynn Williams.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Before Sorenson got hurt I thought maybe him but in reality we need him. Maybe West could bring us a late round pick or DAT.

SuperBowl4
08-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Spencer Ware is a keeper

O.city
I don't think anyone is gonna take Ware, he hasn't fully even practiced yet.

They'll probably just end up having to cut the RB's.

Hog's Gone Fishin
I would NOT trade off a WR. We need the depth now that we have a gunslinger.

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2018, 03:56 PM
I would say West, but I can't imagine a team not just waiting for his release.

O.city
08-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Darrell Williams looks like a really good players as an UDFA.

I'd keep him with Ware and Hunt.

tyton75
08-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Maybe we could fool someone into trading for Witzman?

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 03:59 PM

This.

O.city
08-20-2018, 04:00 PM
I think they could match up with the 9ers. Trade them Conley for Ward.

O.city
08-20-2018, 04:02 PM
Flip side, who are some recent draft picks that Veach may have liked that aren't fitting well with their team?

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 04:17 PM
I think they could match up with the 9ers. Trade them Conley for Ward.

I don't think they need WRs. They do need RBs. West or Damien Williams and a 5th for Ward.

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 04:18 PM
We should be calling up Pederson and figuring out what we need to do to get Darby on this team.

Rausch
08-20-2018, 04:21 PM
We should be calling up Pederson and figuring out what we need to do to get Darby on this team.

We're good.

I'd like to find a way to sign Charles to a retire deal so he can leave a Chief...

Sassy Squatch
08-20-2018, 04:28 PM
We're good.

I'd like to find a way to sign Charles to a retire deal so he can leave a Chief...
We're good? We only have 1 CB worth a damn in Fuller.

Rausch
08-20-2018, 04:35 PM
We're good? We only have 1 CB worth a damn in Fuller.

Face facts: that's not something we can fix.

There isn't a team in the league willing to trade even a respectable slot corner at this point...

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 04:37 PM

There isn't a team in the league willing to trade even a respectable slot corner at this point...

The Eagles have been shopping Darby for a while now.

Dunerdr
08-20-2018, 04:53 PM
I'd say what does indy, chicago, Philly, or maybe the 9ers have that we need or vice versa.

Cosmos
08-20-2018, 04:57 PM

Definitely want to see more of Darrell Williams.

Hunts off-season is concerning, and you want to have good options when Hunt comes up for a contract renewal in a couple of years.

Dunerdr
08-20-2018, 05:08 PM
What if we could flip hunt for a first?

Marcellus
08-20-2018, 05:14 PM

Nope.

CoMoChief
08-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Trade Speaks to Denver for Von Miller.

best trade ever.

Go Chiefs!

O.city
08-20-2018, 05:25 PM
Nope.

For a first?

Yeah I’d do that in a heartbeat

CoMoChief
08-20-2018, 05:28 PM

I would.

RB's in today's game grow on trees, and plus they don't last very long.

It's the only skillz positional player that's easy to (immediately) replace without skipping much of a beat.

And this D still needs about 2-3 GOOD players.

Plus you let him get into physical altercations somewhere else. He gets into another one, and all of a sudden you start to see a pattern develop here.

jjchieffan
08-20-2018, 05:41 PM
I would be open to trading Ford. But I doubt that we could get anything more than a 5th out of him. McGloin for a 7th, but that's a long shot too. We probably could get a pick for Henne, but I wouldn't want to trade our best backup QB. I would definitely be open to trading any running back except Hunt. Could we get a Gates gift card for Zombo? Conley would be tempting, but I would rather keep him unless someone was willing to overlay, which is unlikely. I would trade DAT for a bag of chips.

T-post Tom
08-20-2018, 06:05 PM
I would be open to trading Ford. But I doubt that we could get anything more than a 5th out of him. McGloin for a 7th, but that's a long shot too. We probably could get a pick for Henne, but I wouldn't want to trade our best backup QB. I would definitely be open to trading any running back except Hunt. Could we get a Gates gift card for Zombo? Conley would be tempting, but I would rather keep him unless someone was willing to overlay, which is unlikely. I would trade DAT for a bag of chips.

Spot on. Would love to see Ford traded, but doubt anyone wants to give up a draft pick and take on that cap hit for a player that really hasn't proven worthy of that cost.

MotherfuckerJones
08-20-2018, 06:12 PM
LG and another Safety would be intriguing. Wonder who or what could be available

bevischief
08-20-2018, 07:34 PM
Alice needs help...

JakeF
08-20-2018, 07:39 PM
WR seems pretty deep.

Maybe Kerwynn Williams.

Keep Williams, trade West

JakeF
08-20-2018, 07:40 PM
LG and another Safety would be intriguing. Wonder who or what could be available
Sign S Eric Reid, no need to trade for anyone.

LG is a disaster

We are soft as hell in the trenches, both sides.

sedated
08-20-2018, 07:43 PM
Lol @ all the fantasy football trades that get immediately rejected and have your friends talking shit.

"3 backup TEs for Jalen Ramsey??? Might as well ask..."

No one will trade anything we need for a RB that is possible to get cut by week 1. You want to fix the CB spot now? Better start considering trading Tyreek.

kccrow
08-20-2018, 08:10 PM
I'd love to see Dee Ford to Cleveland for Nate Orchard and a 4th or 5th round pick... but eh, we aren't seeing that. At least we'd end up with a guy in a contract year that can play the run better than Ford.

I think Ford would have the "most" value on the market of players I'd consider most expendable but he's not likely to net a king's ransom. I don't think any other team in the NFL would consider him anything more than a situation pass rusher.

We're not likely to get anything for backup RBs and second-rate WRs. I mean, if you're looking to dump a guy like Conley, you might snag a 7th. You aren't getting a starting CB.

The Eagles haven't given any indication they are actually willing to trade Darby and they gave up a decent amount to bring him in last year in Matthews and a 3rd.

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2018, 08:25 PM

There isn't a team in the league willing to trade even a respectable slot corner at this point...Think we could get Peters for a first rounder?

Chief Roundup
08-20-2018, 08:35 PM
I just don't see any of our borderline guys getting us any real return. We might see a swap of borderline players like we have done the last couple of years at most.

Chief Roundup
08-20-2018, 08:37 PM
The real question is will anyone get cut that would help us in about 10 days.

O.city
08-20-2018, 08:51 PM
I just don't see any of our borderline guys getting us any real return. We might see a swap of borderline players like we have done the last couple of years at most.

This what I’m thinking.

Or Something similar to the Ragland deal

NJChiefsFan
08-20-2018, 10:54 PM

It's not gonna happen is not the same as "we're good" and essentially saying we don't need the trade.

Couch-Potato
08-20-2018, 11:37 PM
man I miss M Peters. The only position I would want to trade for is CB and we wouldn't get anyone back in return nearly as good.

TambaBerry
08-21-2018, 05:56 AM
man I miss M Peters. The only position I would want to trade for is CB and we wouldn't get anyone back in return nearly as good.

why do you miss him? I fucking hated seeing him not go for tackles. Like god damn you get paid to do that, you're not even doing your job.

MahiMike
08-21-2018, 07:35 AM
When do these cuts start already!!!!!! I want to get other team's trash!!!!

Luke Atamadong
08-21-2018, 07:56 AM
We're good.

NOT ME. He "always wanted to play for Denver". He got his chance, and now he's dead to me.

TLO
08-21-2018, 08:07 AM
This isn't Madden. There's a a high probability nobody gets traded.

saphojunkie
Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes are the only untradeable players on this team for me.

TLO
LlKeep Williams, trade West

Nobody is giving up anything for West.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:17 AM

Recent trends in the NFL say that's not really true.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes are the only untradeable players on this team for me.

I'd add Jones, just because this team can't seem to ever find a DL that can rush the passer, so I'm keeping him.

Other than that, I'd listen on the others. Someone was against trading Hunt for a first round pick. The FO would take that deal so fast your head would spin. A 3rd round pick, led the league in rushing and you turn that into a first round pick?

Yeah.

oldman
08-21-2018, 08:26 AM
Let's face it, the only expendable ones that would garner much interest are Conley and Ford. I'd put Hunt in the no trade pack, at least for this year. I don't believe any other team would trade for Ware or West, especially when West is probably going to get cut.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 08:28 AM
Think we could get Peters for a first rounder?

It's already been established that nobody in the league wants that malcontent. He might fetch a 5th.

mcaj22
08-21-2018, 08:32 AM
I would pull the zip cord on Hunt so fast if it meant someone would overpay. RBs are a dime a dozen. As proven by the fact that the Chiefs have 87 of them currently on their roster.

Skyy God
08-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Recent trends in the NFL say that's not really true.

Expanding on this, plenty of teams part with picks rather than gamble on the waiver wire.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:34 AM
I would pull the zip cord on Hunt so fast if it meant someone would overpay. RBs are a dime a dozen. As proven by the fact that the Chiefs have 87 of them currently on their roster.

Yeah, for sure.

I'm kind of thinking Hunt has a bit of a sophomore slump anyway. Really, he slowed down quite a bit after his hot start last year, so I think the expectations for him are a bit over the limit.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:34 AM
Expanding on this, plenty of teams part with picks rather than gamble on the waiver wire.

Yeah, if theres someone that's going to get cut, or someone a team is looking to deal, flip them a late round pick.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:45 AM
Wonder if they'd trade Kpass? He's a Dorsey guy.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't trade KPass right now. He's shown flashes that he could be good. We wouldn't get great value for him anyway because he isn't established. This board would go nuts if they traded him cheap then he ended up with 10 or more sacks this season.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't trade KPass right now. He's shown flashes that he could be good. We wouldn't get great value for him anyway because he isn't established. This board would go nuts if they traded him cheap then he ended up with 10 or more sacks this season.

I'd say that's pretty unlikely, the 10 sacks that is. I'd imagine a more 43 type team might have more interest.

Again, he's a Dorsey measurable type guy. If this past draft is any clue, Veach isn't really into that.

We will see though.

Marcellus
08-21-2018, 08:53 AM
For a first?

Yeah I’d do that in a heartbeat

That would leave us with Ware who isn't healthy, West who isn't very good and a bunch of guys named Williams.

Hunt was arguably the team MVP last season.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:56 AM
That would leave us with Ware who isn't healthy, West who isn't very good and a bunch of guys named Williams.

Hunt was arguably the team MVP last season.

And? That was last season, and he tailed off pretty good after a hot start.

I doubt 1 of the others would lead the league in rushing, but combined, you could get similar production.

Plus it's a RB. If someone offers them a first for a RB, they'd take it.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 09:03 AM
I'd say that's pretty unlikely, the 10 sacks that is. I'd imagine a more 43 type team might have more interest.

Again, he's a Dorsey measurable type guy. If this past draft is any clue, Veach isn't really into that.

We will see though.

I agree that 10 sacks is unlikely. But it would be the Chiefs luck for it to happen that way.

Marcellus
08-21-2018, 09:07 AM
And? That was last season, and he tailed off pretty good after a hot start.

I doubt 1 of the others would lead the league in rushing, but combined, you could get similar production.

Plus it's a RB. If someone offers them a first for a RB, they'd take it.

Let me qualify this....

I wouldn't do it before this season because you cant really argue we have a suitable replacement.

Next off season if we had time to find and draft a guy then its another story.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:08 AM
I agree that 10 sacks is unlikely. But it would be the Chiefs luck for it to happen that way.

This is true

oldman
08-21-2018, 09:10 AM
I don't see any way that we part with Hunt, a guy that lead the NFL in rushing last year. Unless some other team is incredibly stupid offering multiple picks, one of which is a #1, why would you trade him? Those kind of RBs are not a dime a dozen.
I'd trade Ford or Conley in a heartbeat. I just don't see any other team that would want or need those 2 that badly.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Let me qualify this....

I wouldn't do it before this season because you cant really argue we have a suitable replacement.

Next off season if we had time to find and draft a guy then its another story.

They could get 80% of the production from the guys they've got, especially if Ware is healthy.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 09:17 AM
I don't see any way that we part with Hunt, a guy that lead the NFL in rushing last year. Unless some other team is incredibly stupid offering multiple picks, one of which is a #1, why would you trade him? Those kind of RBs are not a dime a dozen.
I'd trade Ford or Conley in a heartbeat. I just don't see any other team that would want or need those 2 that badly.

This is my thinking on Hunt. He looked like a special talent last year. Your "dime a dozen" running backs don't break tackles like Hunt was doing. Yes, he had a slump last season. Maybe that was the rookie wall, maybe it was Reid under utilizing him during that stretch. But he did lead the league in rushing despite that slump. He also bounced back and finished strong. A first round pick would be tempting. But I would rather have the threat of the reigning NFL rushing leader out there taking some of the pressure off of Mahomes.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Do you guys plan on paying Hunt when his deal is up? If not, take the potential first rounder.

That's 6 years of cheap labor for a single 3rd round pick.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 09:25 AM
One other thing. Kansas City has enjoyed a sustained level of success that makes us feel that running backs are a dime a dozen. But that isn't the case league wide. Just look at the AFC West. The Fade brought back a retired Lynch to try and help their running game. The Donks thought that a washed up Charles could help them. They both keep changing running backs every year and they both end up with subpar running attacks. I would hate to trade away Hunt and then end up with a similar running game as the Donks.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:27 AM
One other thing. Kansas City has enjoyed a sustained level of success that makes us feel that running backs are a dime a dozen. But that isn't the case league wide. Just look at the AFC West. The Fade brought back a retired Lynch to try and help their running game. The Donks thought that a washed up Charles could help them. They both keep changing running backs every year and they both end up with subpar running attacks. I would hate to trade away Hunt and then end up with a similar running game as the Donks.

Don't suck at evaluating RB's. Problem solved.

Look around the league. Hell look at Hunt. A 3rd round rookie leading the league in rushing?

Rb's are a dime a dozen. Sure some are legit players and difference makers. But the position is just so volatile.

The Franchise
Do you guys plan on paying Hunt when his deal is up? If not, take the potential first rounder.

That's 6 years of cheap labor for a single 3rd round pick.

And who the fuck is trading a 1st round pick for Hunt?

If we're talking about how RBs are a dime a dozen....why would any team be trading a 1st round pick for one?

Marcellus
They could get 80% of the production from the guys they've got, especially if Ware is healthy.

Ware obviously isn't healthy and even when he is he may not be the same back he was before the knee injury.

This is silly talk and its not happening anyway.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:28 AM
And who the **** is trading a 1st round pick for Hunt?

If we're talking about how RBs are a dime a dozen....why would any team be trading a 1st round pick for one?

No one.

Hypothetically speaking.

Marcellus
08-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Don't suck at evaluating RB's. Problem solved.

Look around the league. Hell look at Hunt. A 3rd round rookie leading the league in rushing?

Rb's are a dime a dozen. Sure some are legit players and difference makers. But the position is just so volatile.

Good running backs are not a dime a dozen.

You are brainwashed into this belief RB is not an important position anymore.

The Giants just drafted one at #2.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:29 AM
Ware obviously isn't healthy and even when he is he may not be the same back he was before the knee injury.

This is silly talk and its not happening anyway.

Of course it's not happening. No team would be stupid enough to trade a first rounder for a RB.

Well, maybe no team would. Teams take them with first rounders every year so who knows.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:31 AM

Brainwashed by evidence?

The league leading RB was a 3rd round pick last year and we have countless evidence of mid and late round RBs playing well.

It's an important position. It doesn't need to be filled with an early round draft pick or spent money on.

The Cowboys spent an early first rounder on Zeek and passed on Ramsey. Think they'd do that again?

Marcellus
08-21-2018, 09:32 AM
A RB like Hunt is the equivalent of a TE like Kelce.

You don't build a team around a TE but if you have one like Kelce you keep him. He was a 3rd rounder as well.

Hunt is not your average RB.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 09:34 AM
And who the **** is trading a 1st round pick for Hunt?

I don't know. I could see it happening. Morons are out there. Look at the Giants. Eli is declining. There they are, sitting with a top 5 draft pick and potential franchise quarterbacks on the board and they take a running back. John Elway would probably trade VonDouchebag for Hunt. Granted he would be in a drunken stooper, but he usually is, so no big deal.

RealSNR
08-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Remember when the Skins traded Champ and a 2nd for Clinton Portis?

Yeah, those days of the NFL are gone, but I never count out the stupidity of some GMs.

I don't know about a 2nd rounder and a potential HOF CB, but a mid-round pick and a nice defensive player? I would absolutely take that for Hunt right now.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:44 AM
A RB like Hunt is the equivalent of a TE like Kelce.

You don't build a team around a TE but if you have one like Kelce you keep him. He was a 3rd rounder as well.

Hunt is not your average RB.

He had a great 5 game start last year. After that, he wasn't anything crazy.

RunKC
08-21-2018, 09:46 AM

I have really liked what I’ve seen from Darrel Williams. So much that I’m okay with cutting both Ware and West and rolling with Hunt, Damien Williams and Darrel Williams.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 09:47 AM

Yeah, those days of the NFL are gone, but I never count out the stupidity of some GMs.

I don't know about a 2nd rounder and a potential HOF CB, but a mid-round pick and a nice defensive player? I would absolutely take that for Hunt right now.

Yep. That was one of the stupidest trades in NFL history. Right up there with Ditka trading his entire draft for Ricky Williams. Everyone looked at trade and knew it was stupid from day one. Why Washington thought it was a good idea is beyond comprehension.

O.city
08-21-2018, 09:48 AM
I have really liked what I’ve seen from Darrel Williams. So much that I’m okay with cutting both Ware and West and rolling with Hunt, Damien Williams and Darrel Williams.

I'd possibly do the same. I'd keep Ware though

SAUTO
08-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Shouldn’t hunt’s off field issues this past offseason count to anyone?

1st and he gone. 2nd he gone...

RealSNR
08-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Remember in 2015 when Charles got hurt midseason? Then West got hurt? Who the hell was Spencer Ware before then?

Kareem Hunt is by far our most talented back. It would suck to lose him. But as long as you can do multiple things pretty well, you don't have to be as good as Kareem Hunt to be a decent RB, particularly if you play for Andy Reid.

Between Ware and the Williams brothers, we'd see the productivity of our run game decrease, but it's not like we'd turn into the Broncos or anything like that.

Fuck West, though. Dude is a twig who has really slowed down. He's not shit anymore.

RealSNR
08-21-2018, 10:21 AM
Yep. That was one of the stupidest trades in NFL history. Right up there with Ditka trading his entire draft for Ricky Williams. Everyone looked at trade and knew it was stupid from day one. Why Washington thought it was a good idea is beyond comprehension.

The Herschel Walker trade might have those other two beat.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 10:40 AM

Agreed. But look at our 3 worst trades. What do they all have in common? They all were trading for a running back. And the idiot was ALWAYS the one trading for the running back. I'm trying to think of a single time where a team traded for a running back and came out better for it. I can't think of it ever happening.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 10:42 AM

I thought of another bad trade. The Chiefs trading a pick for Herm Edwards. That one still pisses me off.

MahiMike
08-21-2018, 11:16 AM
Here in Jax they are saying Dante Fowler might get traded. We can swap him out with Ford.

O.city
08-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Here in Jax they are saying Dante Fowler might get traded. We can swap him out with Ford.

Apparently he's a head case. No thanks.

O.city
08-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Allen bailey still has a knee problem.

I'd just go ahead and cut him.

Buehler445
08-21-2018, 12:05 PM
If there is a one on the table you deal Hunt.

staylor26
08-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Allen bailey still has a knee problem.

I'd just go ahead and cut him.

I just don’t think we can afford to.

Do we really want Jarvis Jenkins starting?

We’re paper thin at DE.

O.city
08-21-2018, 12:12 PM
I just don’t think we can afford to.

Do we really want Jarvis Jenkins starting?

We’re paper thin at DE.

If Bailey can't play, whats it matter either way?

RealSNR
08-21-2018, 12:13 PM
Agreed. But look at our 3 worst trades. What do they all have in common? They all were trading for a running back. And the idiot was ALWAYS the one trading for the running back. I'm trying to think of a single time where a team traded for a running back and came out better for it. I can't think of it ever happening.

The Rams traded for Marshall Faulk. That’s about the only one I can think of.

Shoes
08-21-2018, 12:56 PM

Bills acquiring LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonso I think was a pretty good move.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 12:59 PM

I forgot that one. Yeah, that was a good trade.

I thought of another bad one. The Colts giving up a first for Trent Richardson.

Discuss Thrower
08-21-2018, 01:02 PM

Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey.

MahiMike
08-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Apparently he's a head case. No thanks.

True. A head case with 10 sacks.

Bewbies
08-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Why on earth would you trade Hunt? On a 3rd round pick rookie deal? LMAO

Slowly turn Madden off and walk away from your XBOX.

Simply Red
08-21-2018, 01:30 PM

THanks

Simply Red
08-21-2018, 01:31 PM
TRADE EVERYONE!!!!

staylor26
08-21-2018, 01:34 PM
If Bailey can't play, whats it matter either way?

Did I miss the report that he’s out for a while?

Sorce
08-21-2018, 01:38 PM
I think we should consider trading Breeland.

NJChiefsFan
08-21-2018, 01:42 PM
At least back then some of those trades were for workhorse RB's. Not defending them, but trading for RB's make even less sense today when they are not going to see a lot of 30 carry games, if any.

O.city
08-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Did I miss the report that he’s out for a while?

He's just been so reliable lately, playing a lot of snaps and all. :rolleyes::harumph:

staylor26
08-21-2018, 01:48 PM
He's just been so reliable lately, playing a lot of snaps and all. :rolleyes::harumph:

Yea he’s always banged up and missing time, but he’s played at least 12 games in 5 of 7 seasons. I doubt he misses more than a few games if any.

This is why I thought we should’ve drafted a NT and DE though.

O.city
08-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Yea he’s always banged up and missing time, but he’s played at least 12 games in 5 of 7 seasons. I highly doubt he misses more than few games.

2/3s of games played in 5 of 7 seasons isn't very good.

He's getting paid a lot, isn't really that good and gets hurt a lot. Great combo.

The Franchise
08-21-2018, 01:51 PM
This is Bailey's last year here anyways......it's whatever.

O.city
08-21-2018, 01:51 PM
And yes, I really wish they'd have brought in or drafted a DE or 2.

O.city
08-21-2018, 01:52 PM
This is Bailey's last year here anyways......it's whatever.

With being able to roll money over and looking what the Chiefs have coming up, any little bit would help.

staylor26
08-21-2018, 01:54 PM
2/3s of games played in 5 of 7 seasons isn't very good.

He's getting paid a lot, isn't really that good and gets hurt a lot. Great combo.

I wasn’t saying it is.

I think you’re missing my point. Our DL depth is so bad, that even if he only plays 12, we need him at this point.

Jerok
08-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Trade Hunt for a 2nd, trade Houston for 6th, trade Mahomes for a 1st and 2nd, trade berry for a 4th, trade kelce for a 1st, trade for an expensive shit player on another team and get a draft pick from them, trade everyone else for 7ths, package a bunch of 7ths all the way up to 6ths, 5ths, 4ths, then sit on your butt and go 0 and 16 for 5 years trading 1st round picks for future first round picks until you own all of the entire first round of 2028, then draft the whole class and win the superbowl in 2030, 2031, and then trade everybody again.

O.city
08-21-2018, 01:56 PM
I wasn’t saying it is.

I think you’re missing my point. Our DL depth is so bad, that even if he only plays 12, we need him at this point.

With all the cuts coming up, you could pick someone up. They're probably gonna have to do that anyway, they have Jones and trash at DE right now.

staylor26
08-21-2018, 01:56 PM
Now if we can find a DL after cuts, I’m all for that.

Edit: LMAO just saw your post

O.city
08-21-2018, 01:58 PM
That's a spot I'd be looking around to trade something for.

Who's a DE that's been drafted in the past 2 years that's underachieved?

RealSNR
08-21-2018, 02:09 PM
With all the cuts coming up, you could pick someone up. They're probably gonna have to do that anyway, they have Jones and trash at DE right now.

Move Xavier Williams to end, put in Nandi at nose.

Adjust as you need according to down and distance. Obviously that lineup is on running downs, but you could move Williams in or out for switching to passing.

The Franchise
08-21-2018, 02:10 PM

Adjust as you need according to down and distance. Obviously that lineup is on running downs, but you could move Williams in or out for switching to passing.

This. Then pick someone up after cuts for depth and dump Bailey.

O.city
08-21-2018, 02:16 PM
I'm good with that.

Nandi looks stout. Same with Williams.

Mecca
08-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Bailey is going to make the roster because even with him this team has 4 DL that will see playing time...they should be looking at cuts even with him.

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey.

You apparently didn't read the whole conversation. We were talking about times that a team traded for a running back and it worked out for them. Portis for Bailey was the vad trade that started the discussion.

TLO
08-21-2018, 02:48 PM

Ah, the good ol days.

Mecca
08-21-2018, 02:50 PM
What an idiotic trade for the Redskins.

It really netted both teams nothing so I guess in the grand scheme it didn't matter.

TLO
08-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Trade Hunt for a 2nd, trade Houston for 6th, trade Mahomes for a 1st and 2nd, trade berry for a 4th, trade kelce for a 1st, trade for an expensive shit player on another team and get a draft pick from them, trade everyone else for 7ths, package a bunch of 7ths all the way up to 6ths, 5ths, 4ths, then sit on your butt and go 0 and 16 for 5 years trading 1st round picks for future first round picks until you own all of the entire first round of 2028, then draft the whole class and win the superbowl in 2030, 2031, and then trade everybody again.

It's a process.

Mecca
08-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Think about this...

In the next 2 years this team may while having to spend a crap ton of money to keep a couple of dudes...completely replace the left side of the OL from the center out, Find 2 legit corners and probably a safety and possibly an OLB or 2.

That is going to be extremely difficult.

O.city
08-21-2018, 03:26 PM
Think about this...

In the next 2 years this team may while having to spend a crap ton of money to keep a couple of dudes...completely replace the left side of the OL from the center out, Find 2 legit corners and probably a safety and possibly an OLB or 2.

Pretty much.

So if someone offers you a first round pick for a RB, probably gonna take that.

MotherfuckerJones
08-21-2018, 04:31 PM
Why on earth would you trade Hunt? On a 3rd round pick rookie deal? LMAO

Slowly turn Madden off and walk away from your XBOX.

This. What a stupid idea LOL

jjchieffan
08-21-2018, 04:31 PM
It really netted both teams nothing so I guess in the grand scheme it didn't matter.

What?? Bailey was a 12 time probowler, 3 time all pro corner. He was on the all decade team and played 5 years longer than Portis. Portis was a nonfactor for the Skins. That was a very one sided trade that the Skins lost.

Chief Roundup
08-21-2018, 04:40 PM

Saquan Barkley is considered a "generational" talent and well they are the Giants.
Kareem Hunt 3rd round pick
Alvin Kamara 3rd round pick
Joe Mixon 2cd round pick
LeVeon Bell 2cd round pick
DeVonta Freeman 4th round pick
David Johnson 3rd round pick
Dalvin Cook 2cd round pick
Jay Ajayi 5th round pick
LeSean McCoy 2cd round pick

If we could, never happen, get a 1st for Hunt we should take it. There is plenty of evidence that a team can get a good RB outside of the 1st or even the 2cd.

Sassy Squatch
08-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Where is this talk of trading Hunt coming from? Just random chitchat or is there smoke burning somewhere?

Bewbies
08-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Where is this talk of trading Hunt coming from? Just random chitchat or is there smoke burning somewhere?

The weed is stronger today than normal.

Chief Roundup
08-21-2018, 04:49 PM

Random chit chat.

Sassy Squatch
08-21-2018, 04:54 PM
Cool. Seems like just yesterday random pundits were discussing Peters being traded and we all disregarded it as offseason talk.

O.city
08-21-2018, 05:40 PM
I brought it up I think and I’m no pundit.

But if someone did offer a first for Hunt he’d be on a new team

kccrow
08-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Hunt to Cleveland for Hyde and a 2nd. Let's do it.

Where my controller at?

milkman
08-21-2018, 07:34 PM
I brought it up I think and I’m no pundit.

But if someone did offer a first for Hunt he’d be on a new team

But, did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

Marcellus
08-21-2018, 07:42 PM
Saquan Barkley is considered a "generational" talent and well they are the Giants.
Kareem Hunt 3rd round pick
Alvin Kamara 3rd round pick
Joe Mixon 2cd round pick
LeVeon Bell 2cd round pick
DeVonta Freeman 4th round pick
David Johnson 3rd round pick
Dalvin Cook 2cd round pick
Jay Ajayi 5th round pick
LeSean McCoy 2cd round pick

If we could, never happen, get a 1st for Hunt we should take it. There is plenty of evidence that a team can get a good RB outside of the 1st or even the 2cd.

Pfttttt

Kareem Hunt 3rd round pick -OK
Alvin Kamara 3rd round pick- OK but mainly from receiving which we dont need to be the main talent.
Joe Mixon 2cd round pick - not half Hunts output
LeVeon Bell 2cd round pick - OK
DeVonta Freeman 4th round pick - Has never put a season like Hunts rookie season
David Johnson 3rd round pick - 1 great season and then a major injury so ?? Give him an OK
Dalvin Cook 2cd round pick - Lol Wut? 354 yards?
Jay Ajayi 5th round pick- Nope not in the ball park
LeSean McCoy 2cd round pick - Makes my case doesn't dispute it.

You guys dont get how rare Hunts season was not just for a rookie but for a RB these days.

Leveon Bell is the most comparable so if you dont think he is a 1st round talent type player I dont know what to tell you. You dont gamble on replacing those guys at the cost we have Hunt.

Chief Roundup
08-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Pfttttt

Alvin Kamara 3rd round pick- OK but mainly from receiving which we dont need to be the main talent.
DeVonta Freeman 4th round pick - Has never put a season like Hunts rookie season
David Johnson 3rd round pick - 1 great season and then a major injury so ?? Give him an OK

You guys dont get how rare Hunts season was not just for a rookie but for a RB these days.

Leveon Bell is the most comparable so if you dont think he is a 1st round talent type player I dont know what to tell you. You dont gamble on replacing those guys at the cost we have Hunt.

Dalvin Cook was injured at the beginning of his 4th game.
I hope Hunt continues what he started. But lets not get to excited about ONE season. There have been a lot of players have one good/amazing season and then disappear. We also cannot forget that he got into 2 physical altercations this offseason.
McCoy was drafted at the end of the 2cd round so it just as well to be the 3rd round by Andy Reid. McCoy is a good back.

O.city
08-21-2018, 08:21 PM
How was hunts season so rare for a rb? He led the league in rushing with 1300 yards. That’s the lowest it’s been in years.

He’s a really good player and had a great rookie year. You have him under contract for 3 more years. You would have a first rounder under contract for 5 years and could take a player at a premium position. The mid rounds are littered with rbs every year.

NJChiefsFan
08-21-2018, 11:17 PM
Think about this...

Agreed. However getting Fisher and Ford off the books gets us like 15 million in space or something like that. You could replace those two positions with that money and come out even or even ahead. Find a CB and olineman in the draft and then it's not that overwhelming.

Not saying it's going to be easy, but it's possible. Although I also would add DL to your list.

Pfttttt

RB is just easier to find relative to other positions. It's not really close IMHO. I'm not saying I'm taking the deal, but I'm strongly considering it. It isn't about matching Hunt's numbers, it's about how realistic it is to find something in the ballpark while picking up a great asset.

O.city
08-22-2018, 10:46 AM
I wonder if the Cardinals are done dealing with Nkemdiche? Maybe they'd flip him for a mid round pick? I have no clue.

Or if the 9ers would trade Buckner or Armstead?

ct
08-22-2018, 11:54 AM

this is a good idea, and i could see this goin down

alternative packages with tanoh or speaks on the end with the OLB right behind them may be the direction this team is headed, and i like it

KChiefs1
08-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Secondary help is a must.

Simply Red
08-25-2018, 09:33 PM
trade everyone!!!

MotherfuckerJones
08-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Please make an impact deal Veach. Not thinking Earl Thomas or anything. Would just like a good deal like the Ragland deal last year.

Buckweath
08-25-2018, 09:52 PM
Veach HAS to make a trade. I personally believe Amerson wont look as bad during the season as he has so far during the preseason but it is obvious that he won't be anywhere near solid.

The Packers have a lot of CBs and have drafted many high picks at that position in the last few years. Maybe a good trade partner.

RunKC
08-25-2018, 10:13 PM
Eagles traded Jordan Matthews and a 3rd for Ronald Darby last year. Hate to say it but Demarcus Robinson and a draft pick might be what it takes.

Buckweath
08-25-2018, 10:17 PM
Eagles traded Jordan Matthews and a 3rd for Ronald Darby last year. Hate to say it but Demarcus Robinson and a draft pick might be what it takes.

You dont trade Robinson. His value is really low despite the fact that we know he could be a good one. The Chiefs have really no player which has any value and which they could afford to lose. You just trade a draft pick.

MotherfuckerJones
08-25-2018, 10:40 PM
Could Ronald Darby be a trade option?

NJChiefsFan
08-25-2018, 11:05 PM
Watkins for Peters?

ThaVirus
08-26-2018, 08:10 AM
why do you miss him? I ****ing hated seeing him not go for tackles. Like god damn you get paid to do that, you're not even doing your job.

Uhh, have you seen this fucking defense?

Having Peter's back would literally take us from potentially the worst defense in the league to respectable at the very least.

KChiefs1
08-26-2018, 08:54 AM
Watkins for Peters?

Watkins to Jacksonville for a CB.

Eleazar
08-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Watkins to Jacksonville for a CB.

Unlike the Chiefs, Jacksonville probably doesn't want to trade a good corner away for peanuts.

Skyy God
08-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Watkins for Peters?

In a no cap hit hypothetical, all day every day.