PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, who do we want coming to Arrowhead in two weeks?

Pages : 1 [2]

Deberg_1990
01-02-2019, 05:21 PM
I just hope the Texans beat the Colts.

I don’t want any part of Andrew Luck.

Best22
01-02-2019, 05:43 PM
I want the Colts

They are severely overrated

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2019, 06:51 PM
I want the Colts

This is starting to be where I’m at.

I look at that defense, and the talent just isn’t there as it compares to LAC or Baltimore. I can’t see them stopping KC often at all.

They do have a great OL and Luck. But the Chiefs have a great front 4 that can probably make their OL a little more of a wash, especially if KC gets the lead and gets to rush the passer.

BlackOp
01-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Colts are by far the toughest match up for us. Brady is crap. Rivers is a playoff choker. Jackson is similar to Tebow. Texans are ravaged with injuries.

Colts got shut out by the Jags less than a month ago...Chiefs haven't scored less than 26 points all year.

They have no pass rush and their secondary isn't very good. That's a bad match-up against this offense.

O.city
01-02-2019, 07:45 PM
I think the colts are a little 2010 chiefs but with a much better qb

They won 10 games but beat up on some bad or back up qbs

crispystl
01-02-2019, 07:51 PM
I know they’re technically underdogs, but I feel about 90% sure that we’re gonna see Indy. Just feels like a bad matchup for Houston right now.

I’m ready. No better way to end the home curse.That's what I'm expecting as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CupidStunt
01-02-2019, 07:53 PM
I'll stand by what I said before that I'm not gonna try to convince myself that 1 team is best for us, BUT - all this talk about Luck - in years past 100% we should fear teams with a better QB (which was most teams), but now WE have the best QB. So maybe we should stop worrying about QBs and think more about the rest of the team?

The Colts are categorically a worse team than BAL and LAC. It's not even close. The question is, does the gap between Luck and Jackson make up for it? Or the "gap" between Luck and Rivers' inconsistent playoff history?

I guess I'm starting to think about it like this: if it becomes a game about the QBs going up and down the field, surely we have the advantage with Mahomes and the home crowd helping vs Luck? But would a game against the Ravens become like that? Or would it be more about stopping their endless running game or moving the ball consistently on that elite D?

crispystl
01-02-2019, 07:58 PM
I’d prefer the Ravens go rough up New England first, so I want the Colts.Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'd rather play the Ravens really, but I like the idea of them beating the Pats up in case we happen to advance to the AFC Championship.

Chiefshrink
01-02-2019, 08:13 PM
This type of shallow analysis ALWAYS ignores schedule, which is by far the most important thing for basically all teams.

Sure, the Colts are "hot" in their past 6 games. But why? Easy. The last 6 teams they faced:

Dolphins
Texans
Cowboys
Giants
Titans w/ Blaine Gabbert ROFL
Jags w/ Cody Kessler ROFLROFLROFL

Meanwhile, the Chiefs have faced:

Rams
Raiders x2
Ravens
Chargers
Seahawks

I mean come the **** on. If the Chiefs had faced that schedule they'd be 6-0 winning by an average of 10-15 points. The Colts lost to Cody Kessler while GETTING SHUT OUT (ROFLROFLROFL), and won 3 of those games -- against PATHETIC teams -- by a TOTAL of 7 points.

I mean.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Excellent point !!:thumb:

crispystl
01-02-2019, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=tk13;14001916]This is all true but it's also why we're the Chiefs and the Patriots are the Patriots. Those exact things. We sit here talking about if only Scandrick had done this or some WR didn't drop a pass. Championship teams do that.

Anyone who's watched Chiefs football the last 25 years could point to a million plays like that.

Eh maybe but they've never been so competitive in every game like this season. He's right. Even the 03 team took a couple ass whoppings. Warrick and Cincinnati come to mind...

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2019, 08:19 PM
I want the Colts

I'm not sure they are that overrated however when compared to the other teams, this team scares me the least. With our D we could lose to anyone so it's not really about making an argument about how the Colts could beat us. They could, it would just be less likely than the Chargers or Ravens doing so.

Chiefshrink
01-02-2019, 08:31 PM
I'll stand by what I said before that I'm not gonna try to convince myself that 1 team is best for us,

This is where I am at as well.

But along with your point for me is IF and this is a BIG IF. IF Watkins can find it in himself to finally "let his balls drop" and step up and play it doesn't matter who we play or how bad our defense plays let alone if EB plays at all. For us to have the best chance of winning it all(SB) regardless of how our defense plays, comes down to Watkins playing. Why? Right now good defenses have been able to slow us down/governance our offensive production to some degree by either doubling Kelce/Hill depending. If Watkins plays no way will they be able to this thus "Mahomes is a QB in a TD candy scoring shop" just like he was earlier in the year and no one will keep up regardless of how many possessions we get because we will be darn near perfect on every possession IMHO.

If Watkins plays it is 80% we win it all(SB). If he doesn't play or attempts and gets hurt again then it is 50% IMHO. Which still are pretty good odds considering our defense and especially at home where they have been successful taking the ball away.

carcosa
01-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Ravens here. Keep us in mind because we'll meet again soon.

Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer, far better than he was when we played before. And you were still fortunate to win. Ravens' offense is more balanced now, and you must contend w/more weapons.Obviously your offense can only be slowed, never stopped. Ravens did a good job holding you to 24 in regulation the last time.We have to do that well again.

Our offensive recipe is the same; we have to control the ball and clock against a suspect defense. We almost ran the Browns back to Ohio in the first half of Sunday's game, and they had been shutting down everybody they played.Then we faltered and they got back in the game.We can't let you get close. Above all, Ravens must make sure Mahomes is sitting helplessly on the bench as the game clock runs out.

I think we'll take the Chargers and the Pats.

Then the Ravens are coming to Arrowhead-and they're not bearing flowers.

Lol

TwistedChief
01-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Ravens here. Keep us in mind because we'll meet again soon.

Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer, far better than he was when we played before. And you were still fortunate to win. Ravens' offense is more balanced now, and you must contend w/more weapons.

For a laugh, contact mikezpen.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2019, 03:32 PM
fucking ratbirds