PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, who do we want coming to Arrowhead in two weeks?

Pages : [1] 2

TimBone
12-30-2018, 10:05 PM
It's looking like the Colts are gonna hang on against the Titans in these last few minutes.

The AFC playoffs shake out like this:

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. New England Patriots
3. Houston Texans
4. Baltimore Ravens
5. Los Angeles Chargers
6. Indianapolis Colts

Next week's marchups:

Colts @ Texans
Chargers @ Ravens

After those games, we will be facing the lowest seeded team in the Divisional Round. Obviously that will it be the Texans or the Patriots.

So, two weeks from now, who do we want to face? The Chargers, Ravens, or Colts?

No poll. Just explain who and why.

Gravedigger
12-30-2018, 10:06 PM
Chargers or Colts, paybacks a bitch!

htismaqe
Don’t care. The Chiefs can beat any one of them.

cmh6476
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319980

TwistedChief
12-30-2018, 10:07 PM
Colts. Not really even close.

I'll settle for the Chargers. I'd rather not play the Ravens.

We'll beat them all.

Sassy Squatch
Ravens. We can beat their defense and hopefully our defense should be able to use their experience to handle their offense.

KC_Connection
Colts are by far the worst team of the three teams they could potentially play and there's no way their defense can stop Mahomes. Bring on the Colts.

Jerok
Plz don't let the Colts come. Luck will kill us and their defense is no joke.

Chargers or Ravens? I think I'd rather face the Ravens, then Chargers, then Colts, but that's just me.

tk13
The Raiders.

CaliforniaChief
I feel like the most fun path would be avenging our 2 AFC losses this year.

So Chargers, then Patriots in the AFCCG.

If Watkins comes back strong with LDT and Berry is functional, I like our chances against anyone at Arrowhead.

New World Order
Indy

OnTheWarpath15
Colts. Why?

2003, 2006, 2013.

KChiefs1
Colts for obvious reasons & the Pats because I want to knock Brady out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
12-30-2018, 10:08 PM
doesn't matter have mahomes

wazu
Anybody but the Colts.

TLO
I'd prefer not to play the Ravens again. Chargers or Colts would be fine.

RunKC
12-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Chargers

We know them and have beaten them 9 in a row before 2 weeks ago where they barely beat us at the end. They’ve led for a grand total of 4 seconds against us.

We will want revenge on them too.

DelFan
12-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Ravens. You win by scoring more points than the other team and I think Baltimore will score the least among them.

New World Order
12-30-2018, 10:11 PM
Colts. Why?

2003, 2006, 2013.

jjchieffan
12-30-2018, 10:11 PM
Any of them are going to be tough. But I would really like to see the Chiefs finally knock the Colts out of the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath15
12-30-2018, 10:12 PM

Yep.

I was hyper-focused on the games I actually attended.

ChiefsFanatic
12-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Anybody but the Colts.Well, if the playoff theme this year is breaking curses, the Colts would be the correct choice.

If Mahomes led this team to a home playoff win against the Colts, I think it would start a new era of postseason success for this franchise.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

pugsnotdrugs19
12-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Any of them are going to be tough. But I would really like to see the Chiefs finally knock the Colts out of the playoffs.

It would be an emphatic end to the home playoff curse.

htismaqe
12-30-2018, 10:14 PM

That’s why I don’t care.

With this defense, they will all be tough. But with Patrick Mahomes, they’re all winnable. It just doesn’t matter.

Dayze
12-30-2018, 10:16 PM
The good news is, we’ve lost in incredibly bad ways to so many teams in the playoffs in the past, any team we play will be a revenge game

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-30-2018, 10:16 PM
Colts are by far the worst team of the three teams they could potentially play and there's no way their defense can stop Mahomes. Bring on the Colts.

What?

carcosa
12-30-2018, 10:17 PM
Don’t care. The Chiefs can beat any one of them.

Y

I

P!!!

RunKC
That’s why I don’t care.

With this defense, they will all be tough. But with Patrick Mahomes, they’re all winnable. It just doesn’t matter.

Idk if I will watch live if it’s the Colts. My entire Chiefs life is filled with the Colts killing our season in agonizing fashion over and over and over again.

I don’t want to think about that team sending us home again.

crazycoffey
Colts. Why?

2003, 2006, 2013.

This. And I don’t like the chiefs vs the ravens at all. Ravens D and run game are our biggest weakness

Chargers is in the middle. IMO

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-30-2018, 10:18 PM
The Ravens have the worst QB. That's who you want to face in the playoffs.

KC_Connection
12-30-2018, 10:19 PM
What?
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

Isn't even all that close really.

KC_Connection
12-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Generally a good rule although perhaps not when you have the worst run defense since the 2008 Rams.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-30-2018, 10:23 PM
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

Isn't even all that close really.

How much of that is altered by the early season, though. With Luck fully healthy and a competent D and running game, they're dangerous.

HolyHandgernade
Its the Playoffs, and whoever comes in will have one playoff victory under their belt. I don't care who it is, I just hope they're a little beat up coming in.

tk13
We've already talked back and forth about some of these teams, the reality is they all present challenges. There are no Buffalo Bills in this year's playoffs, or a Houston Texans team with Brian Hoyer. All of those teams except for the Ravens have QBs who make plays, and even Lamar Jackson can do that with his feet, and they have the most Super Bowl caliber defense.

They all have flaws, but they're also all fairly well balanced teams. No one has an offense as explosive as KC, but every one of these other teams is ranked in or near the top 10 in scoring defense too, and obviously the Chiefs aren't anywhere near that.

I think history might say the Ravens, not just because of the running QB but he's also inexperienced in the playoffs. But, they are really rough matchup for us because our defense hasn't shown any ability to stop the run, and they're ripping off 200+ yards a game since Jackson took over. I think the Colts are scarier than some here give them credit for, just because I don't know how we stop that offense. It's basically flipping a coin of who has the ball last.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-30-2018, 10:27 PM
Luck’s home/road splits are pretty significant. Definitely better at home in that cozy dome.

stevieray
12-30-2018, 10:32 PM
We've already talked back and forth about some of these teams, the reality is they all present challenges. There are no Buffalo Bills in this year's playoffs, or a Houston Texans team with Brian Hoyer. All of those teams except for the Ravens have QBs who make plays, and even Lamar Jackson can do that with his feet, and they have the most Super Bowl caliber defense.

They all have flaws, but they're also all fairly well balanced teams. No one has an offense as explosive as KC, but every one of these other teams is ranked in or near the top 10 in scoring defense too, and obviously the Chiefs aren't anywhere near that.

I think history might say the Ravens, not just because of the running QB but he's also inexperienced in the playoffs. But, they are really rough matchup for us because our defense hasn't shown any ability to stop the run, and they're ripping off 200+ yards a game since Jackson took over. I think the Colts are scarier than some here give them credit for, just because I don't know how we stop that offense. It's basically flipping a coin of who has the ball last.

I'd feel better if Reid's playoff record were better.

We basically have a 50/50 shot...but we have the ace up our sleeve.

It's going to be nerve racking..LMAO

RealSNR
12-30-2018, 10:33 PM
We're gonna have to slay that Colts dragon eventually. May as well make it now.

stevieray
12-30-2018, 10:35 PM
We're gonna have to slay that Colts dragon eventually. May as well make it now.

Ya, I'm there, three times overdue.

JakeF
12-30-2018, 10:37 PM
A healthy Sammy Watkins is who i want to show up at Arrowhead in 2 weeks.

CaliforniaChief
12-30-2018, 10:38 PM

Yes. And LDT. Ware and Berry are bonuses.

Might have found something in Ward.

smithandrew051
12-30-2018, 10:38 PM
I want the Chargers.

They’ll have traveled for their third straight weeks. They’ll probably be pretty bruised from playing the Broncos and Ravens. They’re a familiar opponent. Reid has an incredible record against AFC West teams.

There’s no chance we look past them. Mahomes and company should want blood in that one.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-30-2018, 10:39 PM
I want the Chargers.

They’ll have traveled for their third straight weeks. They’ll probably be pretty bruised from playing the Broncos and Ravens. They’re a familiar opponent. Reid has an incredible record against AFC West teams.

There’s no chance we look past them. Mahomes and company should want blood in that one.

All great points.

Also, I trust Rivers to fuck it up more than Luck.

htismaqe
12-30-2018, 10:39 PM
I want the Chargers.

Sounds good to me.

bobbything
12-30-2018, 10:40 PM
Colts. Luck in cold weather + hostile environment + revenge. Don’t like Ravens running all over us and limiting Mahomes to like 4 total possessions. Don’t like the Chargers because they are a fairly complete team and have beaten us at home already.

But I honestly don’t care that much I guess. Bring on whoever.

Naptown Chief
12-30-2018, 10:40 PM

YIP

RunKC
12-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Luck’s home/road splits are pretty significant. Definitely better at home in that cozy dome.

He just put up 3 TD’s, 285 yards and a 109 rating on a top 10 defense outdoors.

In58men
It’ll be Houston or Indy

I’d rather have Indy

Hammock Parties
Luck isn't Wilson.

If you put a rush on him he will throw picks.

Buehler445
I want the most limited offense because our offense is going to fucking score. Especially if Watkins is back and Reek is healthy - he looked a lot faster tonight.

Defense needs help getting stops.

TwistedChief
12-30-2018, 10:43 PM
It’ll be Houston or Indy

I’d rather have Indy

There's a 0% chance it's Houston.

Hope it's Indy. That's poetic and we need some poetry.

Redbled
12-30-2018, 10:44 PM

Totally agree. Keep Luck and Rivers away.

Hoover
12-30-2018, 10:45 PM
I worry about the Colts because I think we would be gutted by Luck, Ebron, Mack and Hilton, but honestly they are probably like the Chargers with a worse defense. So frankly it doesn't really matter. Just get me to an AFC championship game!

Iconic
12-30-2018, 10:45 PM
IMO Chargers match up best with us and the Ravens match up the worst.

Pugs has a really good point about Luck playing like shit away from home, he has a 85.9 passer rating on the road.

ChiefsFanatic
12-30-2018, 10:48 PM
I want the Chargers.

There’s no chance we look past them. Mahomes and company should want blood in that one.This is a high quality post. And this time maybe Al Harris and Mike Smith can convince Sutton to blitz Rivers more, because that dude plays with cement shoes.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Pitt Gorilla
12-30-2018, 10:51 PM
Fuck the colts and suddenly old frank reich.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-30-2018, 10:51 PM
He just put up 3 TD’s, 285 yards and a 109 rating on a top 10 defense outdoors.

Yes, but:

Home—21 TDs, 5 INTs, 2,413 yards
Away—18 TDs, 10 INTs, 2,180 yards

His road completion percentage is quite a bit lower and his YPA was 1.5 yards lower entering tonight. Passer rating was 25 points lower.

Eleazar
12-30-2018, 10:54 PM
Houston would be the most favorable matchup later on, they are the worst of all the teams remaining against the pass, and the matchup between the QBs favors us the most, but that's unlikely in any case. After that it's probably Baltimore, even though we needed a miracle to beat them a few weeks ago. I think that QB matchup favors us most among the others.

The formula for success against us is pretty obvious, keep the ball away from the offense. Or as the Chargers showed (and maybe only they have the horses to do), come in with a defense that can slow our offense down and bring an offense that might be able to outscore them.

At this stage of the season, anyone who comes calling is going to be a challenge. We lost 4 out of 6 games this year against teams that made the playoffs. The defense hasn't moved the needle all year. We are the most deeply flawed team, and yet are the top seed in a conference with no dominant team.

Gravedigger
12-30-2018, 10:56 PM
All I know is if we go out, I want our Defense blowing the game hard. I want Sutton gone and that's the only scenario where I can see it happening.

Blick
12-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Colts or Chargers

Don't want to see the Ravens

Chief Northman
12-30-2018, 11:00 PM
Chargers will get stomped if they come back to Arrowhead.
Ravens secondary play is sloppy at times. Poor matchup for them, especially if Chiefs get a lead.
Colts scare me the most. Titans never sniffed Luck, and that defense is fast - they can match our speed.

Chiefs chances at home are way better though, considering the defense. Mahomes can spin it anywhete, but our defense has generally looked semi-competent at home.
Hoping to hear some good news regarding health/player returns.

KS Smitty
12-30-2018, 11:07 PM
In a perfect world I would pick the Colts for some much needed Karma. The Ravens D is the most worrisome IMO and the Chargers... well I guess I find them the most beatable.

TimBone
12-30-2018, 11:12 PM
It’ll be Houston or Indy

I’d rather have Indy

I just don't think we have to worry about seeing the Texans at Arrowhead in two weeks.

Maybe you're right, though. Who knows?

I'll tell you what, let's make a bet. Loser leaves CP for one entire season.

BigRedChief
12-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Your playing a final 4 for a Super Bowl berth. Of course they are all going to be good teams capable of beating each other.

We have the best QB and MVP. Every year that matters. Being the #1 seed in AFC is also an advantage. 4 out of the last 5 years, the #1 seed went on to the Super Bowl.

RealSNR
12-30-2018, 11:20 PM
I'd also factor in which QBs are most likely to turn the ball over when pressured. Turnovers are gold to this team more than other teams because every game is going to be a shoot out (or a run-out if you're Baltimore).

Lamar Jackson has had 3 picks all year; 2 to Oakland, 1 to Cincinnati. He's actually been taking care of the ball well. We've had success with getting Rivers to throw picks in the past. Luck's got 15 INTs on the year, and while he's great at fumbling the ball into himself for TDs, getting a couple picks against him would help us out tremendously.

So I'd go with Chargers or Colts. And I think it's time to fucking beat the Colts in the playoffs.

alanm
12-30-2018, 11:25 PM
I'd bet money the Chiefs will be playing the Colts. And for obvious reasons we need to stomp a mudhole in that demon. :cuss:

WhiteWhale
12-30-2018, 11:25 PM
Fuck that. I wish KC could play the Colts AND the Steelers. Too bad Mayfield couldn't take it home at the end.

Time to exercise some demons.

WhiteWhale
12-30-2018, 11:29 PM
I'd also factor in which QBs are most likely to turn the ball over when pressured. Turnovers are gold to this team more than other teams because every game is going to be a shoot out (or a run-out if you're Baltimore).

Lamar Jackson has had 3 picks all year; 2 to Oakland, 1 to Cincinnati. He's actually been taking care of the ball well. We've had success with getting Rivers to throw picks in the past. Luck's got 15 INTs on the year, and while he's great at fumbling the ball into himself for TDs, getting a couple picks against him would help us out tremendously.

So I'd go with Chargers or Colts. And I think it's time to ****ing beat the Colts in the playoffs.

Lamar Jackson has 10 fumbles in six starts.

Int's aren't the only turnovers.

BWillie
12-30-2018, 11:34 PM
In no way shape or form do I want to play the Chargers. They are dangerous, getting healthy, and clicking on all cylinders for the most part.

The Ravens are going to struggle to score enough to beat us. Nobody can stop this offense. We haven't scored less than 27 points all year. Bring me the defensive teams, not the teams that have a good mix of good defense and good offense, like the Chargers or Saints.

RINGLEADER
12-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Will be Colts.

Then Pats.

Then Rams.

2018 Revenge Tour

RealSNR
12-30-2018, 11:35 PM
Lamar Jackson has 10 fumbles in six starts.

Int's aren't the only turnovers.

You can't rattle a QB through the pass rush if all he does is hand it off and run it himself. I get that the fumbles are a big deal, but the Ravens avoid precisely the only thing we do well as a defense. It's how their offense is built, and I don't like it.

Maybe Berry plays for us. Maybe he plays the entire game. And maybe his presence gives us just those needed extra 1-2 defensive stops in order to pull out a win.

But now that we've got the superior QB in every single possible matchup we'll face, I'm not worried about other QBs picking us apart. I am worried about Patrick Mahomes not having as many chances to pick the other team apart, though.

Dartgod
12-30-2018, 11:38 PM
I'd feel better if Reid's playoff record were better.

We basically have a 50/50 shot...but we have the ace up our sleeve.

It's going to be nerve racking..LMAOYou know it brother.

Chiefshrink
12-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Colts. Why?

2003, 2006, 2013.

PTSD maybe ??? Relax!! Mahomie + (Williams & Williams & Ware) Kelce & Hill & now Watkins !! We got this OTW !!!!;)

Jerok
12-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Colts were 1-5 this year, like the 2015 Chiefs. They made the playoffs too, and like the 2015 Chiefs, will travel to Houston to play the wildcard game. We won 30-0.

See you in two weeks, Luck.

Chiefshrink
12-31-2018, 12:19 AM
Colts were 1-5 this year, like the 2015 Chiefs. They made the playoffs too, and like the 2015 Chiefs, will travel to Houston to play the wildcard game. We won 30-0.

See you in two weeks, Luck.

Yep !!

Halfcan
12-31-2018, 12:33 AM
Who did the Colts play and beat this year- nobody?

Chiefs are Playoff battle tested since they played the toughest schedule in the NFL.

BossChief
12-31-2018, 12:36 AM
Berry
Watkins
Ware
LDT
Nnadi

If those guys come to help out, it won’t matter what team we face.

DTVietnam
12-31-2018, 12:41 AM
Colts. Not really even close.

I'll settle for the Chargers. I'd rather not play the Ravens.

We'll beat them all.

this

Prison Bitch
12-31-2018, 12:46 AM
Your playing a final 4 for a Super Bowl berth. Of course they are all going to be good teams capable of beating each other.

We have the best QB and MVP. Every year that matters. Being the #1 seed in AFC is also an advantage. 4 out of the last 5 years, the #1 seed went on to the Super Bowl.

5 of the last 5^^^

milkshock
12-31-2018, 01:52 AM
I would like to play the Ravens they have the least dangerous offense. Our losses have only been against top tier qb’s.

tk13
12-31-2018, 02:10 AM
5 of the last 5^^^

It's also the first time in 9 years that the Patriots or Broncos weren't the 1 seed.

Another odd stat... each of the last 13 years the AFC #1 seed has either lost their first game or made it to the Super Bowl. No in between.

Even if you go back about 30 years, teams pretty much do either/or. Unless you're Pittsburgh. There have been only 4 teams win the first game and not get to the Super Bowl, and the Steelers did it three times.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2018, 03:49 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Those Saints made their mark by getting Favre and Peyton in the playoffs. The best QBs the Colts have played this year are 41 y.o. Brady and Watson (twice). It&#39;s not like they&#39;ve played Mahomes or Brees or Ben or Rivers or even Ryan, Goff, Rodgers, etc. They even got rusty Wentz <a href="https://t.co/ojZTj4mvln">https://t.co/ojZTj4mvln</a></p>&mdash; Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) <a href="https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/1079669297528610817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chiefs4TheWin
12-31-2018, 04:27 AM
Do I even dare say the Colts. God that fricken game broke my soul into the bitter pessimist Chiefs fan I am today.

kccrow
12-31-2018, 04:35 AM
Who I want and what I want to happen in those match-ups may be mutually exclusive. Either way, give me the Colts.

They have the worst running game of the potential matchups, which gives us hope that the Chiefs pass rush can be a difference maker rather than worrying as much about getting gouged by the run game.

They have the worst pass defense of any of the potential matchups, which is only a good thing for Pat and that offense.

That and I want KC to smash the ever loving dog shit out of that team from start to finish.

Danguardace
12-31-2018, 05:09 AM

Colts have a top ten defense and offense

Danguardace
12-31-2018, 05:12 AM
I see/hope this

Colts beat Texans
Ravens beat Chargers

Chiefs Beat Colts
Ravens Beat Patriots

Chiefs Beat Ravens

New World Order
12-31-2018, 05:42 AM
I want the Pats in the AFC title game

DaKCMan AP
12-31-2018, 05:52 AM
I'll go with the rookie qb of a 1 dimensional team.

Renegade
12-31-2018, 06:02 AM
It’ll be Houston or Indy

I’d rather have Indy

There is no way possible we play Houston in the Divisional Round

Mile High Mania
12-31-2018, 06:44 AM
I'll bet that you guys face the Colts.. and that's a scary matchup for KC. Should be wildly entertaining to watch those offenses though, the ratings would be huge.

eDave
12-31-2018, 06:45 AM
Whoever

Stryker
12-31-2018, 07:16 AM
Do I even dare say the Colts. God that fricken game broke my soul into the bitter pessimist Chiefs fan I am today.

Hell yes you say Colts! Don’t you want some sort of redemption for the years of agony that team has caused???

TwistedChief
12-31-2018, 07:26 AM
I'll bet that you guys face the Colts.. and that's a scary matchup for KC. Should be wildly entertaining to watch those offenses though, the ratings would be huge.

Take as a given that the team we will play has an offense that will score on our defense. Fine.

The question then becomes, "Can we score more on their defense?" And to that I'd say that the Colts are 16th against the pass while playing one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Not sure they're scarier than anyone else.

Why Not?
12-31-2018, 08:15 AM
I know we wouldn't get em round 2, but most folks seem to think the Texans lose on Saturday. I'm not sure I agree. Hard to best a good team in division on the road twice in about a month. Texans win. We get Balt/Chargers winner.

Pablo
12-31-2018, 08:17 AM
If I'm wanting the weakest team then it's the Ravens. Pat and Andy have already seen their defense once and beat it. They aren't gonna scare them the second time around. And Lamar Jackson is playing well, but he's still just a faster Tebow.

I'd gladly pound the piss out of the Chargers or Colts as well. I think whoever comes in here for the first game is getting anally violated. Then give me the Pats so we can shit on Bitch Arm Tom's legacy a little bit before the Superbowl.

Danguardace
12-31-2018, 08:18 AM

I bet New England is praying for the Texans, I am sure they dont want to see the Ravens or the Chargers

ChiTown
12-31-2018, 08:22 AM
I want a rematch with the Chargers, and then I want to be the team that kicks that last shovel load of dirt on Brady and the Patriot’s grave.

warrior
12-31-2018, 08:39 AM
Doesn't matter just take care of business-

Bwana
12-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Doesn't matter just take care of business-

Exactly, get it done!

ChiefFanForHire
12-31-2018, 08:57 AM
0-6 playoff record over the last 6 home playoff games
+
RB beating a woman up on camera 12 weeks after the fact, covered up by Clark
+
Not one, but TWO LA teams with the potential to get a 17 million person city watching regularly
+
KC fans will always watch / pay to go to games, no matter how bad we are, or how bad the refs **** us
=
A repeat of 1995 / 1997 / 2003 / 2010 / 2016 / 2017

Maybe next year!!!!

Sassy Squatch
12-31-2018, 08:59 AM
+
+
Not one, but TWO LA teams with the potential to get a 17 million person city watching regularly
+
KC fans will always watch / pay to go to games, no matter how bad we are, or how bad the refs **** us
=

Maybe next year!!!!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/5ca90ffcc6d9c71def9ed8ce55d9120f/tenor.gif

scho63
12-31-2018, 09:12 AM
I want the Colts first! We owe those be-otches many paybacks and giving them a big ass whoopin at Arrowhead would be the first step in the CHIEFS REDEMPTION OF PLAYOFFS PAST!

Then beat the Ravens for more payback

Then finally the infamous Tom Brady and the Patriots to advance to the SUPER BOWL!

That would be my dream sequence and results :D

ptlyon
12-31-2018, 09:15 AM
I want the Colts first! We owe those be-otches many paybacks and giving them a big ass whoopin at Arrowhead would be the first step in the CHIEFS REDEMPTION OF PLAYOFFS PAST!

Then beat the Ravens for more payback

Then finally the infamous Tom Brady and the Patriots to advance to the SUPER BOWL!

That would be my dream sequence and results :D

That's great n and all, but to get to the SB we only have to win two games.

TwistedChief
12-31-2018, 09:17 AM
+
+
+
=

Maybe next year!!!!

The spawn of BlackOp rises.........

greg63
12-31-2018, 09:58 AM
LAC because of the familiarity of the opponent and the fact that we split the series with them this year.

ChiefBlueCFC
12-31-2018, 10:00 AM
Don't care - any of them. Let's fucking go!

ChiTown
12-31-2018, 10:03 AM
+
+
+
=

Maybe next year!!!!

Mods, don't we have the Miserable User function still available for "fans" like this one?

B_Ambuehl
12-31-2018, 10:09 AM
With Rapistburger out of the picture IMO the only team you'll should be concerned with out of the entire AFC field is the colts. Has anyone watched them lately? They have the best Oline in the NFL and can run for 5 anytime they want. Luck is mobile and can throw it as good as anyone and would likely go for 400 against this defense. He has a history of late game comebacks and has never had a line like this. Their defense isn't spectacular but they make you earn everything. All the other teams have serious flaws that will likely get exposed in arrowhead:

Baltimore: No passing game. Gimmick offense.

New England: No outside passing game, immobile QB, ultra slow front 7 can't defend horizontally.

San Diego: Can't hold up in pass protection. Immobile QB

Houston: No Oline. No running game. Rely on Watson scrambling around and throwing prayers down the field.

The Colts though have no real obvious severe flaws. It will take a good game to beat them.

scho63
12-31-2018, 10:30 AM
That's great n and all, but to get to the SB we only have to win two games.

Completely forgot that! Thanks :clap:

(Maybe they can add an extra game for helping our revenge plan! ROFL)

crashcourse
12-31-2018, 10:30 AM
offense line is our strength luck has plenty of time to throw and mack is running well through some good holes

this defense shut out dallas and held henry to less then a hundred last night and has a stud a middle linebacker in darius leonard

but beating Houston in their place is unlikely. lamar miller Watson and Hopkins on the o side, clowney and watts on the d side

I think they beat new England too

I imagine you'll play the Baltimore charger winner

ptlyon
12-31-2018, 10:33 AM
offense line is our strength luck has plenty of time to throw and mack is running well through some good holes

this defense shut out dallas and held henry to less then a hundred last night and has a stud a middle linebacker in darius leonard

but beating Houston in their place is unlikely. lamar miller Watson and Hopkins on the o side, clowney and watts on the d side

You will beat Houston. They're frauds.

Raiderhater
12-31-2018, 11:22 AM
The team I most want to face is the Colts.

The team I least want to face is the Colts.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 11:23 AM
I know they’re technically underdogs, but I feel about 90% sure that we’re gonna see Indy. Just feels like a bad matchup for Houston right now.

I’m ready. No better way to end the home curse.

Sassy Squatch
12-31-2018, 11:24 AM
I know they’re technically underdogs, but I feel about 90% sure that we’re gonna see Indy. Just feels like a bad matchup for Houston right now.

I’m ready. No better way to end the home curse.
Don't know, man. They had way more trouble putting the Gabbert led Titans away than they should have.

htismaqe
12-31-2018, 11:27 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Those Saints made their mark by getting Favre and Peyton in the playoffs. The best QBs the Colts have played this year are 41 y.o. Brady and Watson (twice). It&#39;s not like they&#39;ve played Mahomes or Brees or Ben or Rivers or even Ryan, Goff, Rodgers, etc. They even got rusty Wentz <a href="https://t.co/ojZTj4mvln">https://t.co/ojZTj4mvln</a></p>&mdash; Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) <a href="https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/1079669297528610817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hammock Parties again

bricks
12-31-2018, 11:33 AM
I kinda want the Colts and I don’t. They’re a complicated animal.

I want vengence upon thee but at the same time Im afraid they could rip the souls out of us again. Part of me thinks do we really want a team that is winning games now and is hot at the end of the year? That rhythm can carry over into the playoffs. A team that has a really good quarterback, running game and a much much improved defense and plus the history of beating us in the playoffs.

But yet, we have Mahomie who can erase all this and makes me feel somewhat confident we could beat them.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 11:38 AM
This divisional game feels like an all or nothing. I think if KC wins that, they’re going to the SB.

L.A. Chieffan
12-31-2018, 11:39 AM
It's already been determined, it'll be the Colts. Blackop told me

DwB49
12-31-2018, 11:50 AM

Lamar Jackson has had 3 picks all year; 2 to Oakland, 1 to Cincinnati. He's actually been taking care of the ball well.

I agree Jackson is pretty good but when you throw the ball less then 25 times it become a lot less likely to throw a pick. Mahomes completes more than that. Ravens are probably the team the defensive coordinators would most like to face, but I don't see a rookie QB beating Chargers defense. Defenses are not intimidated by playing on the road.

hell_yip
12-31-2018, 11:51 AM
yip

Easy 6
12-31-2018, 11:57 AM
Be careful what you wish for with the Colts

Their defense may not be great, but that O line IS... they are some mauling mfers, I fear they would dominate this front 7 badly

Gimme the Chargers, they won't beat us twice in a row

The Franchise
12-31-2018, 11:58 AM
1. Chargers
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Texans

Sassy Squatch
12-31-2018, 11:59 AM
1. Chargers
2. Ravens
3. Colts
4. Texans
I've got some good news for you.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 12:00 PM
Colts and only The colts.

Donger
12-31-2018, 12:02 PM
The Chiefs have won three consecutive division titles but haven't won a playoff game in Arrowhead Stadium since 1993, losing the last six times they hosted. They are 7-1 at home this season.

Don't care who it is. Just make this go away.

CupidStunt
12-31-2018, 12:03 PM
I've thought a lot about it in recent weeks and I've read opinions and I get all the pros and cons (there's a bunch for all 3 options), and I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't matter.

We are the number 1 seed and have been the entire season. We will be rested. We have the MVP of the league and we're at home. If we cannot beat whoever shows up, we simply do not deserve to be in the AFCCG, never mind the Super Bowl. A team like the Saints or Rams on neutral ground is a MUCH tougher prospect than any AFC team at home.

I'm done caring. 9-7 teams with middling QBs have to root for X team so that they can win specifically in Y fashion. We have Mahomes, and whether it's going up and down the field and winning 35-34, or driving for a game-winning FG 24-21 as time expires, we win with him no matter who the opponent is.

bricks
12-31-2018, 12:04 PM
Be careful what you wish for with the Colts

Their defense may not be great, but that O line IS... they are some mauling mfers, I fear they would dominate this front 7 badly

Gimme the Chargers, they won't beat us twice in a row

Get the feeling the Colts are a bad matchup for the Chiefs.

Oxford
12-31-2018, 12:08 PM
I really want to see NE play the Ravens. So I want the Colts to come to KC. Probably be snowing and 30 below on that day anyway

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 12:09 PM

If CP is scared then that’s who we need to play. Gotta find away for CP to gets its balls back.

Frazod
12-31-2018, 12:10 PM
I really want to see NE play the Ravens. So I want the Colts to come to KC. Probably be snowing and 30 below on that day anyway

Yeah, the last time we hoped for that the fucking weather ended up being perfect. :banghead:

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 12:13 PM

Marty isn’t coaching this team and we have Mahomes. We are now every teams bad matchup.

We have no real reason to panic other than BFS from the curse of Marty.

MahomesMagic
12-31-2018, 12:14 PM
I want the Colts. Then think the Chargers beat the Ravens and then play NE.

It would be a high scoring game but we win in the end.

ChiefsCountry
12-31-2018, 12:14 PM
Colts. Let Chargers and New England battle each other.

lcarus
12-31-2018, 12:28 PM

The Colts could beat Houston. It's a distinct possibility. The issue with the Colts is they're kinda inconsistent. They can lose to the Jags 6-0 and have to come back to beat the shitty Giants but beat Dallas, who was playing well, 23-0. Of course the Chiefs would draw the "good Colts" for the playoff game if history is any indicator.

But we owe the Colts like a lifetime of playoff spankings for the pain. THE PAIN I STILL CAN'T GET OVER!

mdchiefsfan
12-31-2018, 12:30 PM
I’d prefer the Ravens go rough up New England first, so I want the Colts.

Molitoth
12-31-2018, 12:53 PM
Ravens easy.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 01:08 PM
I've thought a lot about it in recent weeks and I've read opinions and I get all the pros and cons (there's a bunch for all 3 options), and I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't matter.

We are the number 1 seed and have been the entire season. We will be rested. We have the MVP of the league and we're at home. If we cannot beat whoever shows up, we simply do not deserve to be in the AFCCG, never mind the Super Bowl. A team like the Saints or Rams on neutral ground is a MUCH tougher prospect than any AFC team at home.

I'm done caring. 9-7 teams with middling QBs have to root for X team so that they can win specifically in Y fashion. We have Mahomes, and whether it's going up and down the field and winning 35-34, or driving for a game-winning FG 24-21 as time expires, we win with him no matter who the opponent is.

This.

Fuck the past. This year is different because of Mahomes. If the defense brings the same aggression and intensity that they had yesterday, they will go to the SB.

RunKC
12-31-2018, 01:17 PM
HFA
MVP and best QB in the world
Extra time to prepare
18 PPG allowed at home compared to 36 on the road
Everyone who started in the opener is projected to be healthy

This is your best shot to go back to the SB Andy. There’s no more excuses.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 03:44 PM
Hunter Henry is back for the Chargers.

That motherfucker took some sort of illegal substance. You don’t come back from ACL injuries full go in 7 months like that too often without it. I said the same thing about Edelman and then he got busted a few weeks later.

Whatever. No way he’s 100%.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 03:46 PM
HFA
MVP and best QB in the world
Extra time to prepare
18 PPG allowed at home compared to 36 on the road
Everyone who started in the opener is projected to be healthy

This is your best shot to go back to the SB Andy. There’s no more excuses.

Fat Andy’s excuses are running thin. Produce in January or GTFO. Sick of your lame crap.

penguinz
12-31-2018, 04:07 PM

That motherfucker took some sort of illegal substance. You don’t come back from ACL injuries full go in 7 months like that too often without it. I said the same thing about Edelman and then he got busted a few weeks later.

Whatever. No way he’s 100%.He is young and in shape.

KChiefs1
12-31-2018, 04:10 PM
Andrew Luck & the Colts will be coming to town.

Time for payback!

highBOLTage
12-31-2018, 04:24 PM

Melvin Ingram came back a month quicker than Henry from an acl tear in 2013 (both May tears). He played well.

NJChiefsFan
12-31-2018, 04:28 PM
The Ravens have the best chance to make it a "weird" game with their offensive style and agressive D. They also will want revenge where it would be us playing with that extra chip against the Chargers.

The Chargers and Colts would have to out-score us in a typical NFL game. Certainly could happen but at least they would have to out-duel Mahomes. Ravens could use our defense against us to negate Mahomes.

I guess for that reason I'd rather play the Colts or Chargers. Chargers have more talent, a desperate QB used to playing us, and some comfort playing in Arrowhead. That being said it would be hard for anybody to beat us twice in Arrowhead. The Ravens also have the least explosive offense and Mahomes has gotten to see their defense.

In the end our defense is bad enough that any team can be a threat to beat us. The Colts are hot, the Chargers are a division rival and that's always dangerous, and the Ravens have a great defense and run game. But our offense is capable of beating anyone so whatever, bring on whoever it is.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 04:30 PM
Melvin Ingram came back a month quicker than Henry from an acl tear in 2013 (both May tears). He played well.

And he likely didn’t get caught using some sort of illegal substance.

Von Miller did the same shit and did get caught.

Red Dawg
12-31-2018, 04:34 PM
We should hope for the Chargers. Anyone else would be more difficult. Rivers is a choker.

We should also hope NE gets beat.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 04:35 PM
NE is our best possible matchup. I want them in the AFCCG.

RunKC
12-31-2018, 04:36 PM

That mother****er took some sort of illegal substance. You don’t come back from ACL injuries full go in 7 months like that too often without it. I said the same thing about Edelman and then he got busted a few weeks later.

We won’t see them. We’ll be seeing the Colts.

Chargers season ended last week. If they somehow beat the Ravens, they’ll get ****ed in New England.

highBOLTage
12-31-2018, 04:44 PM
And he likely didn’t get caught using some sort of illegal substance.

Von Miller did the same shit and did get caught.

Von Miller got suspended to start the season. He tore his acl later that same season.

King_Chief_Fan
12-31-2018, 04:50 PM
Bring on the Chargers

Red Dawg
12-31-2018, 04:50 PM
NE is our best possible matchup. I want them in the AFCCG.

Hell no. They would out coach us to death.

RaidersOftheCellar
12-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Hell no. They would out coach us to death.

Andy Reid has blown out much better versions of the Patriots with Alex Smith. Not sure I’d be concerned about being outcoached.

Easy 6
12-31-2018, 05:23 PM
Bring on the Chargers

Thats exactly where I'm at, they cant beat us twice in a row at Arrowhead

Gimme them or the Patriots... just a few days ago I was aching for payback on the Colts, but that was before I got my first good look at them this year yesterday

That O line they have is monstrous, Quentin Nelson is an absolute animal, dude was reaching second and third level blocks, taking out 2-3 guys per play by himself... just absolutely destroying people

Dude is like Dan Dierdorf, Will Shields and John Hannah rolled into one

I dont think our pass rush would even sniff Luck, and they'd also run it straight down our throats

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Thats exactly where I'm at, they cant beat us twice in a row at Arrowhead

Gimme them or the Patriots... just a few days ago I was aching for payback on the Colts, but that was before I got my first good look at them this year yesterday

That O line they have is monstrous, Quentin Nelson is an absolute animal, dude was reaching second and third level blocks, taking out 2-3 guys per play by himself... just absolutely destroying people

Dude is like Dan Dierdorf, Will Shields and John Hannah rolled into one

I dont think our pass rush would even sniff Luck, and they'd also run it straight down our throats

This would definitely be my fear with Indy.

But then again, they haven’t seen Mahomes. And I think our pass rush can get pressure on anyone, especially in Arrowhead. Just would have to not let them run for 200 fucking yards. Luck will throw you the ball 2-3 times.

Easy 6
12-31-2018, 05:33 PM
This would definitely be my fear with Indy.

But then again, they haven’t seen Mahomes.

It'd be a mother of all shootouts, no one punts kinda game

I was honestly in awe of their O line, it looked like our Vermeil lines... Nelson is a motherfucker

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 05:34 PM
It'd be a mother of all shootouts, no one punts kinda game

I was honestly in awe of their O line, it looked like our Vermeil lines... Nelson is a motherfucker

Yeah but I did see him get beat a couple times that I just watched him. He’s not perfect in pass pro, Jones could definitely throw him around in that regard. The run blocking is a different story.

Easy 6
12-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Yeah but I did see him get beat a couple times that I just watched him. He’s not perfect in pass pro, Jones could definitely throw him around in that regard. The run blocking is a different story.

It was enough to make we wanna spend a top pick on a fatty to solidify our line

Just one dominant force out of 5 makes such a huge difference

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 05:42 PM
It was enough to make we wanna spend a top pick on a fatty to solidify our line

Just one dominant force out of 5 makes such a huge difference

If that game happens, I’d like to see a lot of blitzing early. Anything to confuse their blocking scheme. They just kept running power plays with that fucker and you’re right, he was blowing up two to three guys. Can’t let it be that easy.

Easy 6
12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
If that game happens, I’d like to see a lot of blitzing early. Anything to confuse their blocking scheme. They just kept running power plays with that fucker and you’re right, he was blowing up two to three guys. Can’t let it be that easy.

Someone better get in Bobs ear if it ends up being them

Go jumbo with Bailey, Hamilton, Nnadi and Jones for all but obvious passing downs... because the Colts are built for power

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 06:06 PM
Someone better get in Bobs ear if it ends up being them

Go jumbo with Bailey, Hamilton, Nnadi and Jones for all but obvious passing downs... because the Colts are built for power

Don’t think we can afford to take Ford or Houston off the field ever. They’re two of our biggest threats. But I will say that Jones doesn’t need to be in there on all early downs.

The big key though? Hitchens and Ragland have to attack the LOS, and they did that yesterday better than I’ve seen all year. Fingers crossed...

RetiredSeniorChief
12-31-2018, 07:01 PM
Here's how the playoffs will go:

NFC Wildcard
Bears over Eagles
Cowboys over Seahawks

NFC Div
Bears over Rams
Saints over Cowboys

NFC Championship
Saints over Bears

AFC Wildcard
Colts over Texans
Ravens over Chargers

AFC Divisional
Colts over Patriots
Chiefs over Ravens

AFC Championship
Chiefs over Colts

I hate to say it; Saints over Chiefs in the SB.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-31-2018, 07:02 PM
Here's how the playoffs will go:

NFC Wildcard
Bears over Eagles
Cowboys over Seahawks

NFC Div
Bears over Rams
Saints over Cowboys

NFC Championship
Saints over Bears

AFC Wildcard
Colts over Texans
Ravens over Chargers

AFC Divisional
Colts over Patriots
Chiefs over Ravens

AFC Championship
Chiefs over Colts

The only problem with it is the Chiefs have to play the Colts if Indy wins.

New World Order
12-31-2018, 07:03 PM
If Colts win we play them second round

RetiredSeniorChief
12-31-2018, 07:05 PM

Yep you're right. So Chiefs and Ravens in the AFC Championship. Same results though.

Easy 6
12-31-2018, 08:00 PM
The big key though? Hitchens and Ragland have to attack the LOS, and they did that yesterday better than I’ve seen all year. Fingers crossed...

No lie, that was maybe the best they've looked all year... just wish we could play the Raiders again in two weeks

ROYC75
12-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Want is not an option! OK, I'll play along, Chargers just because we know them well and Reid does too!

Reality? Most likely we will get the Ravens, then the Patriots!

lewdog
12-31-2018, 08:44 PM
Can we figure out how to play the Raiders again?

ROYC75
12-31-2018, 09:02 PM

This! :clap:

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 09:09 PM
Colts. Why?

2003, 2006, 2013.

Not a bad choice. But pick your poison...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/playoffs.htm

prhom
12-31-2018, 09:25 PM
I’m in the boat with those who don’t really care who we face, I think we have fairly similar chances of winning or losing to any of the teams. I think I would be most apprehensive about playing the Texans and Colts simply because we haven’t played them this year. There’s that sense that maybe they have a good enough game plan to keep the offense out of sync for the first half and come away with the win.

We know the Pats, Chargers, and Ravens and Reid probably has some plays worked up to tweak plays we already used against them in new ways. Mahomes also knows those players and their tendencies so he will probably be more effective the next time we play them.

I mostly just want to see the Chiefs play a game that isn’t influenced by questionable calls and inexplicable lapses in performance. The chiefs have rarely lost a game that was just hard fought and we came up short. I will have a hard time if we lose by the other QB receiving his own batted pass or recovering a fumble and scoring a TD. I feel like our chances are good to win most games if those things aren’t happening. I’m slightly encouraged that no defensive holding or PI flags were thrown against the Chiefs this week. Maybe we will be able to let our DBs actually play some defense?

Coochie liquor
12-31-2018, 10:09 PM
Colts and only The colts.

So you’re saying one and d.... checks user name. Oh yeah, you’re saying one and done.

Coochie liquor
12-31-2018, 10:32 PM
So, looks to me like if the 16 games the Colts have played this year 11 have been in domes (counting Dallas as a dome). They are 3-4 against teams playing outside. Losses against Eagles Pats, Jets and Jags. Wins against Skins, Fade, and Mariota-less Titans. I’m not afraid of the Colts. Bring em on, Pat is gonna clown that defense.

thank_you
12-31-2018, 10:33 PM
We can't beat the Colts

htismaqe
12-31-2018, 10:35 PM
We can't beat the Colts

ROFL

Coochie liquor
12-31-2018, 10:45 PM
We can't beat the Colts

Your mom told me you have a small dick, but didn’t realize you had no balls either.

RJ
12-31-2018, 11:44 PM
Ravens best matchup for Chiefs D. They don't throw the ball very well and Chiefs should be able to make some adjustments to stop their run.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 11:48 PM
Colts. /thread

KChiefs1
01-01-2019, 12:44 PM
Colts. /thread

Exactly

Colts will beat the Texans.

Rain Man
01-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Ravens best matchup for Chiefs D. They don't throw the ball very well and Chiefs should be able to make some adjustments to stop their run.

Affirmative. Bring on the Ravens.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2019, 02:12 PM
Affirmative. Bring on the Colts.

Agree

htismaqe
01-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Affirmative. Bring on the AFC.

fixed both of your posts

Reerun_KC
01-01-2019, 02:22 PM
fixed both of your posts

:clap:

Let’s do this.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Even if Mahomes wins the MVP and we make it to the SB and NO just happens be our opponent; don't kid yourself here Mahomes knows there are a lot Brees ball washers out there in the national sports press that wanted Brees instead of him. I would think Mahomes will be even xtra motivated to cement his MVP award in the SB for sure.;)

ptlyon
01-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Even if Mahomes wins the MVP and we make it to the SB and NO just happens be our opponent; don't kid yourself here Mahomes knows there are a lot Brees ball washers out there in the national sports press that wanted Brees instead of him. I would think Mahomes will be even xtra motivated to cement his MVP award in the SB for sure.;)

That's fine and all, but the last 8 mvp winners haven't won the SB, or something like that

mikezpen
01-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Ravens here. Keep us in mind because we'll meet again soon.

Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer, far better than he was when we played before. And you were still fortunate to win. Ravens' offense is more balanced now, and you must contend w/more weapons.Obviously your offense can only be slowed, never stopped. Ravens did a good job holding you to 24 in regulation the last time.We have to do that well again.

Our offensive recipe is the same; we have to control the ball and clock against a suspect defense. We almost ran the Browns back to Ohio in the first half of Sunday's game, and they had been shutting down everybody they played.Then we faltered and they got back in the game.We can't let you get close. Above all, Ravens must make sure Mahomes is sitting helplessly on the bench as the game clock runs out.

I think we'll take the Chargers and the Pats.

Then the Ravens are coming to Arrowhead-and they're not bearing flowers.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Ravens had to convert a 4th down to get the lead, too.

Both teams were "fortunate."

Fuck off. Bill and Brady will dispose of your rookie "QB"

TwistedChief
01-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer, far better than he was when we played before. And you were still fortunate to win.

ROFL

Sorry, we played 3 weeks ago and you're saying Lamar Jackson has made a lot of progress since then? 12/22 for 204yds and 14/24 for 179yds? 1 TD total? I guess we have a different bar in using the term "far better."

And it's nice that he's able to improve so much over the course of 3 weeks . How about Mahomes? Doesn't he have scope to have improved over the interim period as well?

Hammock Parties
01-01-2019, 03:35 PM
The Ravens won't know what hit them if we get LDT, Erving and Weapons Specialist Samuel Watkins back.

Coochie liquor
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer, far better than he was when we played before. And you were still fortunate to win. Ravens' offense is more balanced now, and you must contend w/more weapons.Obviously your offense can only be slowed, never stopped. Ravens did a good job holding you to 24 in regulation the last time.We have to do that well again.

Our offensive recipe is the same; we have to control the ball and clock against a suspect defense. We almost ran the Browns back to Ohio in the first half of Sunday's game, and they had been shutting down everybody they played.Then we faltered and they got back in the game.We can't let you get close. Above all, Ravens must make sure Mahomes is sitting helplessly on the bench as the game clock runs out.

So will you be back after LA knocks you out at home, and then your coach gets traded?

ptlyon
01-01-2019, 03:39 PM
The Ravens won't know what hit them if we get LDT, Erving and Weapons Specialist Samuel Watkins back.

Berry may be able to contact his spirit by then too

NJChiefsFan
01-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Ravens had to convert a 4th down to get the lead, too.

Both teams were "fortunate."

**** off. Bill and Brady will dispose of your rookie "QB"

As did the Chargers. And the Rams were fortunate Scandrick didn't catch that ball.

KChiefs1
01-01-2019, 05:08 PM
One thing that hasn’t been discussed is that if the Chargers or Colts come to Arrowhead they will be playing in their 3rd straight road game. I don’t know the research but that would have to play in the Chiefs favor.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2019, 05:14 PM
One thing that hasn’t been discussed is that if the Chargers or Colts come to Arrowhead they will be playing in their 3rd straight road game. I don’t know the research but that would have to play in the Chiefs favor.

Come playoffs in arrowhead the colts could of played 16 straight road games and it wouldn’t play in KC favor based on arrowhead history.

stevieray
01-01-2019, 05:25 PM

Either of those teams making it to the SB would be a miracle playoff run.

MahiMike
01-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Correct. And that's what's gonna happen.

ChiliConCarnage
01-01-2019, 06:36 PM
I think it's the chargers but that's not really a weak draw by any means.

ILChief
01-01-2019, 06:48 PM
I think it's going to be the Colts. Time to exorcise some demons

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Whoever comes to Arrowhead—they get to face 2 of the 5 most efficient edge rushers in football, per PFF.

Ford and Houston are both in the top 5 for edge rushers in ‘pass rush productivity rate’. The stat is the % of a players pass rush snaps that end with a sack, hurry, or QB hit.

Red Dawg
01-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Our team is so flawed and completely one sided teams have an easy plan
Ball control. Run the ball and quick outs. Pash rush won't matter against our choices
Mahomes will be on the sideline. We must stop the run to win a playoff game.

SuperBowl4
01-01-2019, 09:34 PM
It doesn't matter. Bring it on!

htismaqe
01-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Come playoffs in arrowhead the colts could of played 16 straight road games and it wouldn’t play in KC favor based on arrowhead history.

Mahomes is re-writing history.

MahomesMagic
01-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Right now I think Colts and Chargers move on.

BossChief
01-01-2019, 10:38 PM
I want to face Indy and NE in the playoffs before going to Atlanta to beat NO for the title.

This is our year. The first of many.

I’m confident that this Chiefs team has enough firepower to beat anyone in the NFL.

Especially if we get Berry, Watkins, Ware, Nnadi, LDT and others going full speed.

Andy Reid seemed to indicate that the team would be healthy for the playoffs.

stevieray
01-01-2019, 10:44 PM
I want to face Indy and NE in the playoffs

Yup...leave no doubt.

smithandrew051
01-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Our team is so flawed and completely one sided teams have an easy plan
Ball control. Run the ball and quick outs. Pash rush won't matter against our choices
Mahomes will be on the sideline. We must stop the run to win a playoff game.

That game plan has never put the Chiefs in a position where they couldn’t win though, so I wouldn’t call it an easy game plan. You have to have the personnel to do it AND you have to hope the Chiefs miss opportunities.

In every one of the Chiefs losses, you can point to a few missed opportunities that were the difference in the game.

New England-A few missed TD passes early and 2 picks in the first half (the one right at the end of the half was particularly damning)
Rams-2 fumble return TDs on drives that we can safely assume would’ve ended in points for us and a dropped interception by Scandrick
Chargers-Just needed 1 (maybe 2) first downs to end it
Seahawks-2 awful fumbles in the first half and a dropped TD pass by Kelvin Benjamin that resulted in a field goal

Major missed opportunities in all of the Chiefs losses. All against playoff teams. 3 of the 4 on the road. Still, each game was a one possession differential.

This idea that it’s easy to stop the Chiefs is ridiculous. If it was so easy, the Chiefs would’ve gotten blown out at some point or straight beat. Every Chiefs loss came down to missed opportunities. If the Chiefs execute, the Chiefs win.

htismaqe
01-01-2019, 10:49 PM
That game plan has never put the Chiefs in a position where they couldn’t win though, so I wouldn’t call it an easy game plan. You have to have the personnel to do it AND you have to hope the Chiefs miss opportunities.

In every one of the Chiefs losses, you can point to a few missed opportunities that were the difference in the game.

New England-A few missed TD passes early and 2 picks in the first half (the one right at the end of the half was particularly damning)
Rams-2 fumble return TDs on drives that we can safely assume would’ve ended in points for us and a dropped interception by Scandrick
Seahawks-2 awful fumbles in the first half and a dropped TD pass by Kelvin Benjamin that resulted in a field goal

Major missed opportunities in all of the Chiefs losses. All against playoff teams. 3 of the 4 on the road. Still, each game was a one possession differential.

This idea that it’s easy to stop the Chiefs is ridiculous. If it was so easy, the Chiefs would’ve gotten blown out at some point or straight beat. Every Chiefs loss came down to missed opportunities. If the Chiefs execute, the Chiefs win.

Great post.

stevieray
01-01-2019, 11:08 PM

Excellent!

I'll only add that they had the lead in every loss, some down to the last play.

KChiefs1
01-01-2019, 11:10 PM
I want to face Indy and NE in the playoffs before going to Atlanta to beat NO for the title.

That's my thought as well.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2019, 11:12 PM

Great post.

KChiefs1
01-01-2019, 11:12 PM

Yes on everything! Great post!

tk13
01-01-2019, 11:29 PM

This is all true but it's also why we're the Chiefs and the Patriots are the Patriots. Those exact things. We sit here talking about if only Scandrick had done this or some WR didn't drop a pass. Championship teams do that.

Anyone who's watched Chiefs football the last 25 years could point to a million plays like that. One play here and there that would have changed the course of history. It's time for us to actually deliver. Otherwise we're going to be sitting here in two weeks complaining about how we'd beat the Colts if only Fuller caught an INT or Kelce didn't fumble in the red zone, or whatever the fluke play will be this year.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Mahomes is re-writing history.

Yes sir. I’m ready for the colts!!!

DenverChief
01-02-2019, 02:48 AM
Food for thought;

The chargers 4 losses came at home this year - technically the LAR loss was a "road" loss but was played in LA. Vs Denver Vs KC and Vs Baltimore.

New World Order
01-02-2019, 03:24 AM
Yeah I do NOT want the Chargers.

They are the most dangerous team for us in the AFC. Very good defense with an elite pass rush. They're offense is pretty good too.

Rooting for the Ravens to win on Sunday.

Rausch
01-02-2019, 06:18 AM
I want the Colts and an exorcist on hand...

Rausch
01-02-2019, 06:20 AM
Yeah I do NOT want the Chargers.

They are the most dangerous team for us in the AFC. Very good defense with an elite pass rush. They're offense is pretty good too.

Rooting for the Ravens to win on Sunday.

I'd prefer the Chargers over the Ravens.

That Ravens defense is too good and they could run the ball on us, at will, all day long.

The odds Rivers will choke in Arrowhead are damned good.
The odds Rivers will choke in the playoffs are damned good.
Rivers on the road, in the playoffs, at Arrowhead?

I'll take my chances...

Danguardace
01-02-2019, 06:28 AM
Best thing for the Chiefs would be the Colts, as good as they have been they are the least proven team in the tournament IMO. Also means Chargers Ravens and Patriots can fight it out among themselves, 2 of those will be gone by time the AFCCG roles around.

Rausch
01-02-2019, 06:30 AM
Best thing for the Chiefs would be the Colts...

This.

Mahomes can exorcise all demons this season...:)

Hammock Parties
01-02-2019, 08:38 AM
the worst "playoff hype" video imaginable LMAO

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RYm5jtc5t4E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

arrwheader
01-02-2019, 10:13 AM

LOL your team was given every chance to win and they couldn't do it. If the Chiefs face the Ravens at home again in the playoffs that won't happen again.

I do think you beat the Chargers I don't think the Texans beat the Colts so you will play the Pats and I don't see you getting past that one.

O.city
01-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Jackson can't make basic NFL throws consistently, but their run game is so good he just has to make 2 or 3 per game at this point.

The issue they'll have with their current offense is the Chargers, Chiefs etc will have seen it 2 times.

BlackOp
01-02-2019, 11:23 AM
I'd prefer the Chargers over the Ravens.

That Ravens defense is too good and they could run the ball on us, at will, all day long.

The odds Rivers will choke in Arrowhead are damned good.
The odds Rivers will choke in the playoffs are damned good.
Rivers on the road, in the playoffs, at Arrowhead?

I'll take my chances...

Rivers has thrown 6 INTs in his last 3 games....he only had 6 the previous 13 games. He looked like shit against the Ravens...put up 181 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs with HFA on line. That was his moment to "will" his team to victory...and had his worst game of the year. Gordon is beat up...their interior run defense inst good.

Here are Rivers' stats from last week 14/24 176 1 td 2 ints...

He's already started his choke job..

I hope the officials are hands off this game...if that's the case, Ravens should beat them.

I think KC having played the Ravens just a few weeks ago is advantageous to the Chiefs. "Wink" Martindale threw every look he had at Mahomes...and have a pretty good idea about their strategy going forward. Ravens were in play-offs or bust mode.

crayzkirk
01-02-2019, 11:30 AM
All of the teams seem dangerous given the history of the Chiefs. However, this is not my dad's team nor is it the team that I have grown up with. I would be more comfortable if the defense could do one thing well instead of relying on the mistakes of the other team.

Halfcan
01-02-2019, 11:58 AM
LOL your team was given every chance to win and they couldn't do it. If the Chiefs face the Ravens at home again in the playoffs that won't happen again.

I do think you beat the Chargers I don't think the Texans beat the Colts so you will play the Pats and I don't see you getting past that one.

The cheating Pats coming into Arrowhead will be a lot tougher than their last 2 cream puff games at home verse the Bills and Jets.

They got stomped the last time they came here, so the NFL makes us go on the road to play them now.

Halfcan
01-02-2019, 11:59 AM
All of the teams seem dangerous given the history of the Chiefs. However, this is not my dad's team nor is it the team that I have grown up with. I would be more comfortable if the defense could do one thing well instead of relying on the mistakes of the other team.

You mean like lead the NFL in Sacks? :rolleyes:

3rd&Long
01-02-2019, 12:21 PM
I like their chances on a 1-1 rematch with the LAC. Colts are peaking at the right time so no thanks there. Same with Baltimore and, as we all know, they gave KC everything they could handle on a narrow Chief's win during the reg season.
Another looming question is, with an advance and the Patties coming in for the AFC champ game, which team prevails? I'd call that one a coin flip at this time.
Getting past their post season choke jobs will result in KC going to that elite level but I'm not so sure they've got it in them. I could be wrong.
Right now, I hope they prove me wrong and go 'bowling in February but I'm not rising my hopes given their sorry post season history over the past many decades.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Colts got Ryan Kelly back today from injury. That OL is so damn good.

It’s probably bad to say, but the best matchup likely depends on who gets most banged up this weekend. Even still, I’m starting to think LAC would be our best opponent. Colts aren’t familiar with KC as much though, and Andy has had the bye week to study up.

Fuck I don’t know.

RunKC
01-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Colts got Ryan Kelly back today from injury. That OL is so damn good.

It’s probably bad to say, but the best matchup likely depends on who gets most banged up this weekend. Even still, I’m starting to think LAC would be our best opponent. Colts aren’t familiar with KC as much though, and Andy has had the bye week to study up.

**** I don’t know.

Colts pass rush is the 2nd worst of the playoff teams in the AFC. They don’t really have a standout rusher.

Mahomes would have a lot of time in the pocket. Patriots pass rush sucks too. Imagine playing 2 bad pass rushing teams to get to the SB.

crayzkirk
01-02-2019, 01:21 PM
You mean like lead the NFL in Sacks? :rolleyes:

Yes, that is true. I would expect that a team which leads the league in sacks would also be better in coverage.:eek:

Chiefnj2
01-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Chief fans are mighty cocky this postseason. The last six games were losses to the Rams, Chargers and Seahawks. An overtime win against the Ravens and two wins against a 4 win team holding a top 5 draft pick. 1-3 against playoff teams, with that sole victory coming in OT.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Colts pass rush is the 2nd worst of the playoff teams in the AFC. They don’t really have a standout rusher.

Mahomes would have a lot of time in the pocket. Patriots pass rush sucks too. Imagine playing 2 bad pass rushing teams to get to the SB.

This is a great, great point. If Mahomes has time to throw and all of his weapons, good luck stopping them.

The key would be just getting enough out of the run defense to not let the opposition completely ruin the TOP.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Chief fans are mighty cocky this postseason. The last six games were losses to the Rams, Chargers and Seahawks. An overtime win against the Ravens and two wins against a 4 win team holding a top 5 draft pick. 1-3 against playoff teams, with that sole victory coming in OT.

Go look at some of the other playoffs teams’ last 6 games and get back to me.

Best22
01-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Any team will be tough

TomBarndtsTwin
01-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Go look at some of the other playoffs teams’ last 6 games and get back to me.

The Chiefs are getting dogged cause they went 3-3 in their last six, with a 1-3 record against playoff teams, two of which were last minute losses.

The Saints, the team many consider the best in football and the favorites to win the Super Bowl, went 4-2 in their last 6 games, but with an 0-1 record against playoff teams (Dallas). And they barely beat a Steelers team at home that just missed the playoffs.

So, yeah, you'd like the Chiefs to finish better than 3-3 down the stretch but at least they weren't losing to garbage teams or getting blown out by other playoff teams.

I'm not necessarily predicting a Super Bowl run for us (due to the defense), but anyone who thinks the Saints (the favorite) have finished their season demonstrably better than the Chiefs is fooling themselves . . . . . .

Best22
01-02-2019, 02:21 PM

What AFC team has been more impressive than the Chiefs?

Colts sured looked good with that 28-27 win over the NYG. Or that shutout loss to Jacksonville.

Oh, so scary. Heck we could do this for every AFC team. Chief fans feel confident because they have the MVP under center. No other playoff team can say that

ptlyon
01-02-2019, 02:29 PM
"You gotta watch out for that Houston team. They did go on that 9-0 run in the middle of the season."

Chiefnj2
01-02-2019, 02:35 PM
What AFC team has been more impressive than the Chiefs?

During the last six weeks the Colts, Chargers and Ravens are all arguably playing better than KC.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2019, 02:37 PM
I’m stealing these stats from Lance Twidwell on Twitter, but this needs to be spread.

Chiefs QBs in the last 6 home playoff games: average 57%, 189 yards with 6 TDs, 4 INTs and a 71 rating.

Those stats are unbelievable in the worst possible way. Mahomes is everything and THE reason why the past has absolutely nothing to do with what is going to take place this year and beyond.

Best22
01-02-2019, 02:37 PM
During the last six weeks the Colts, Chargers and Ravens are all arguably playing better than KC.

The Chargers who got punked by Baltimore and barely scraped by Denver and Cincy?

The Colts are in good shape and respectable, but how can we overlook their miserable win over NYG and their horrible shutout loss to Kessler and the Jags?

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2019, 02:42 PM
I worry about the Colts because I think we would be gutted by Luck, Ebron, Mack and Hilton, but honestly they are probably like the Chargers with a worse defense. So frankly it doesn't really matter. Just get me to an AFC championship game!

Colts have played a lot of bad quarterbacks this year, courtesy of a last place schedule. A good qb will roast that defense.

They lack a dynamic pass rusher and a shutdown corner. They’ve managed to get around that with a constant mix of stunts on the dline and mixing coverages on the back end but that won’t work in the playoffs.

They’re still a year or two away from being a real threat.

Chiefer8989
01-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Correct. But Luck will shred our D. It would be a shootout .

ptlyon
01-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Correct. But Luck will shred our D. It would be a shootout .

The only thing that Luck will shred is his underwear shitting his pants in arrowhead

Chiefer8989
01-02-2019, 03:55 PM
The only thing that Luck will shred is his underwear shitting his pants in arrowhead

Yeah don't kid yourself. That team has the weapons to shred this D. And Luck has played in the postseason before.

RunKC
01-02-2019, 03:55 PM
I’m actually more worried about the divisional round game then a potential AFCCG bc the Patriots are easily the worst playoff team that could come to Arrowhead.

I really do believe that if we win our first game next week, we will go to the SB.

CupidStunt
01-02-2019, 03:57 PM

This type of shallow analysis ALWAYS ignores schedule, which is by far the most important thing for basically all teams.

Sure, the Colts are "hot" in their past 6 games. But why? Easy. The last 6 teams they faced:

Dolphins
Texans
Cowboys
Giants
Titans w/ Blaine Gabbert ROFL
Jags w/ Cody Kessler ROFLROFLROFL

Meanwhile, the Chiefs have faced:

Rams
Raiders x2
Ravens
Chargers
Seahawks

I mean come the fuck on. If the Chiefs had faced that schedule they'd be 6-0 winning by an average of 10-15 points. The Colts lost to Cody Kessler while GETTING SHUT OUT (ROFLROFLROFL), and won 3 of those games -- against PATHETIC teams -- by a TOTAL of 7 points.

I mean.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Chiefer8989
01-02-2019, 04:02 PM
I’m actually more worried about the divisional round game then a potential AFCCG bc the Patriots are easily the worst playoff team that could come to Arrowhead.

I really do believe that if we win our first game next week, we will go to the SB.

Eh. It's still possible that the Chargers come to KC for the title game. Colts beat Texans, lose to Chiefs. Chargers beat Ravens, beat Pats. LAC come here.

O.city
01-02-2019, 04:05 PM
I think the Ravens beat the Chargers and the Colts beat the Texans.

Colts come to Kc, Ravens to NE

NE to KC for the AFC champ. I don't see a Belicheck d losing to a tim Tebow offense.

I don't share RunKC's optimism about NE but the Chiefs would def be favored.

arrwheader
01-02-2019, 04:08 PM
I think the Ravens beat the Chargers and the Colts beat the Texans.

Colts come to Kc, Ravens to NE

NE to KC for the AFC champ. I don't see a Belicheck d losing to a tim Tebow offense.

I don't share RunKC's optimism about NE but the Chiefs would def be favored.

This is my prediction as well and seems most likely to me. Its either that or the Chiefs shit their pants again in the divisional and welp because Chiefs. Feels different this year probably because of mahomes but then again we have this terrible defense that sucks the penis.

Chiefer8989
01-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Colts are by far the toughest match up for us. Brady is crap. Rivers is a playoff choker. Jackson is similar to Tebow. Texans are ravaged with injuries.

Iowanian
01-02-2019, 04:55 PM
I personally think the worse matchup is Baltimore due to their defense and ability to slow down the game.

What I anticipate happening is Sandy Eggo(they'll always be sandy eggo no matter where they rent a stadium).....will beat them, but given the physical play of Baltimore they'll physically beat up the Chargers.

If the chargers win, coming into Arrowhead is a matchup I'm ok with...it's winnable and at home.

If it ends up being the Colts, I think the Chiefs run them over. Colts have a good Oline but no scary running game and while Luck has been good this year it's not like they're torching people. Their defense isn't going to stop the Chiefs at home.