PDA

View Full Version : MU Liberty Bowl 2018: MIZ-ZOU!

Pages : 1 [2]

Bowser
12-31-2018, 06:35 PM
They're down to their fifth string secondary, and we run Lock on an option.

They earned this loss.

Sassy Squatch
Jesus. Just chuck it into the endzone at that rate.

petegz28
He has to have an out to throw there... dumb play call

exactly...what shit play calling this game in crucial moments

and fuck the special teams with a hot pinecone

dirk digler
Just dumb play calling.

kepp
They're down to their fifth string secondary, and we run Lock on an option.

They earned this loss.

OSU tried to hand it to us. Odom fumbles it.

MTG#10
Lock sucks and is slow as shit

Rivaldo
12-31-2018, 06:36 PM
Here I come, so you better break north. As I stride, my gold chains glide back n forth. I care nothin' 'bout the games's result and that's evident. All I love are my Mizzou skanks and future dead Presidents.

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 06:36 PM
They just extended his contract. Wow, he's a lucky man.

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 06:37 PM

Dumb...

LiveSteam
Im 40
I'm a man

Sassy Squatch
Not his fault, man.

Jerm
12-31-2018, 06:38 PM
You need one fucking yard and have 2 downs....just run 2 QB sneaks, Jesus Christ....Dooley is an idiot.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Just goes to show that even a great QB like Lock can be handicapped by a woefully ill prepared Coach like Odom.

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 06:41 PM
Why Odom didn't order them to try draw a jump-happy D offsides and both 3rd and 4th down is beyond me.

Oh well, Drew's probably going to the NFL, that makes me very happy.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 06:41 PM

Yeah...can't agree with you.

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Just goes to show that even a great QB like Lock can be handicapped by a woefully ill prepared Coach like Odom.

Not anymore. At least not by Odom..

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 06:42 PM
That was the absolute nadir of game management. Odom literally made every mistake a coach could make in that game. He turtled up, kicked PATs when he needed to go for two, kicked FGs when he needed to go for first downs, mismanaged and misused his timeouts.

That was indefensible.

BryanBusby
12-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Why Odom didn't order them to try draw a jump-happy D offsides and both 3rd and 4th down is beyond me.

Where else do you think he's going to? The CFL?

petegz28
12-31-2018, 06:43 PM
Shades of the Kentucky game...terrible, terrible play calling. Not once did you even give Lock a chance to win it......

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 06:49 PM
Where else do you think he's going to? The CFL?

I'll wait to count my chickens, thank you.

Prison Bitch
12-31-2018, 06:52 PM
Okie Lite beat two teams away from home

Kansas
Missouri

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 06:52 PM

Lock is going to be drafted....and probably the First Round.

But he needs to do the same thing that Mahomes did and sit behind a quality QB and learn for a year or two.

He could do well to wait behind a QB that is a year or two from retirement like Brees or maybe even Rodgers....just not Brady please...or heaven forbid Philip Rivers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 06:53 PM
Okie Lite beat two teams away from home

Kansas
Missouri

Tell us about your last bowl game. Wasn't George W. Bush still president?

Prison Bitch
12-31-2018, 06:54 PM
Tell us about your last bowl game. Wasn't George W. Bush still president?

Kansas and Mizzou, together again

ROFL

GloryDayz
12-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Lock is going to be drafted....and probably the First Round.

But he needs to do the same thing that Mahomes did and sit behind a quality QB and learn for a year or two.

He could do well to wait behind a QB that is a year or two from retirement like Brees or maybe even Rodgers....just not Brady please...or heaven forbid Philip Rivers.

I hope it's the first round.

Rivaldo
12-31-2018, 07:05 PM
The next Blaine Gabbert

Rivaldo
12-31-2018, 07:12 PM
which lucky team will win that sweepstakes?

Our team of finely-skilled talent evaluators can proffer with complete confidence a player of unmatched skill at his position errrrrrrr

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 07:22 PM
The next Blaine Gabbert

Gabbert had a great arm....but a 10 cent brain and he continues to show it at every stop in the NFL.

Lock will do better...as long as he doesn't get picked by a crappy team like the Giants, the Jags, Arizona or Oakland and heaven forbid he go to Denver.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-31-2018, 07:30 PM
Gabbert had a great arm....but a 10 cent brain and he continues to show it at every stop in the NFL.

Lock will do better...as long as he doesn't get picked by a crappy team like the Giants, the Jags, Arizona or Oakland and heaven forbid he go to Denver.

Gabbert is actually very intelligent, but he wasn't able to transfer his IQ in the film room to the field. His flaws could have been coached out of him, but Del Rio was trying to save his job, cut David Garrard in the preseason, and then immediately threw Gabbert to the wolves when he needed to sit for at least a year to wash the Yost off of him.

Never underestimate the ability of bad coaches and executives to ruin young players when trying to save their jobs. The same thing is probably going to happen to Rosen and Darnold.

BryanBusby
12-31-2018, 07:34 PM
I don't think Lock is going to take control of an NFL locker room. He's a long shot.

srvy
12-31-2018, 07:43 PM
That was horrendous play calling in the redzone on Mizzou's last possession. I though Lock had been hurt on that hit on completion on 4th down. And that is why they kept running Roundtree. But then they called Locks number to run around the corner on 4th and 1. The guy on the edge blew it up and was no run pass option. that was all she wrote but call and coaching just laughable.

srvy
12-31-2018, 07:46 PM
I dont see lock as anything but a backup in the NFL. He reminds me of Gabbert so much Booger still best QB of MU modern era.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 07:58 PM
I don't think Lock is going to take control of an NFL locker room. He's a long shot.

And everyone said Mahomes would be just another Texas Tech gunslinger QB that would fail in the NFL.

It's hard to tell what a QB in College will do in the pro league.

Lock under the tutelage of a QB whisperer like Andy Reid would do well in the NFL. But he will probably end up in a bad situation and that will ruin him.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2018, 08:00 PM
Dumb...

Not dumb.

BryanBusby
12-31-2018, 08:25 PM
And everyone said Mahomes would be just another Texas Tech gunslinger QB that would fail in the NFL.

It's hard to tell what a QB in College will do in the pro league.

Lock under the tutelage of a QB whisperer like Andy Reid would do well in the NFL. But he will probably end up in a bad situation and that will ruin him.
Not comparable situations. The whole stigma with Pat was basically hurf durf Big12 and Air Raid.

There are a lot of flaws to Lock on the field and he seems to just a body on the sidelines. He can't be quiet and quirky in a room filled with millionaires.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 08:42 PM
Not comparable situations. The whole stigma with Pat was basically hurf durf Big12 and Air Raid.

There are a lot of flaws to Lock on the field and he seems to just a body on the sidelines. He can't be quiet and quirky in a room filled with millionaires.

I disagree...they are totally comparable. All you have to do is read Mike Mayocks read on Mahomes to see that the experts had doubts about the ability to reign in bad habits.

Will Lock overcome his flaws and become a good QB in the NFL? Only time will tell...but I think he has the tools and with a good QB coach can grow.

BryanBusby
12-31-2018, 09:17 PM
I disagree...they are totally comparable. All you have to do is read Mike Mayocks read on Mahomes to see that the experts had doubts about the ability to reign in bad habits.

Will Lock overcome his flaws and become a good QB in the NFL? Only time will tell...but I think he has the tools and with a good QB coach can grow.
Totally disagree. There are a lot more questionmarks on Lock than Mahomes had and really the general consensus was Pat had to go to the right team.

There are some major doubts about Drew Lock, no matter where he lands. They are not comparable beyond big armed QB's.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 09:22 PM
Totally disagree. There are a lot more questionmarks on Lock than Mahomes had and really the general consensus was Pat had to go to the right team.

There are some major doubts about Drew Lock, no matter where he lands. They are not comparable beyond big armed QB's.

We will just have to agree to disagree....you think Lock will suck no matter what in the NFL.

I think he has a shot given the ability to learn for a year or 2.

Sassy Squatch
12-31-2018, 09:24 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree....you think Lock will suck no matter what in the NFL.

No guarantee he'll get that opportunity. Every single 1st round QB this year had to start for 1 reason or another.

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 09:39 PM
No guarantee he'll get that opportunity. Every single 1st round QB this year had to start for 1 reason or another.

I agree....thus my codicil in earlier posts.....

There are too many QB-starved teams out there this year...the Dolphins, Jags, Giants (face it Manning is done), Denver, Arizona, Washington, Tampa Bay (Winston is not the answer), for Lock not to get chosen. And that isn't even counting the possibility of retirements of any QB's like Big Ben or Rivers. And who knows if the Lions would want to move on from Stafford.

What is worse is that he will probably wind up on one of those teams and get run thru the grinder.....

BryanBusby
12-31-2018, 09:48 PM

Wrong. I said he has an uphill battle, but anyone can make it happen in the NFL if they work hard enough.

I said he has a real uphill battle ahead of him. He has a lot of work to do with reading Defesnses, cleaning up flaws with his mechanics and getting a better feel of the game.

Than he has another battle ahead of him by acclimating to an NFL locker room.

Pat Mahomes already knew what it took to be a leader and was a much advanced passer. Teams were a lot higher on Pat than the media, who were regurgitating old sayings.

They didn't actually dig into TT's Offense or into Pats film and it was mostly a lot of stupid shit. A lot of the criticism here is legit.

Lock doesn't have that blend of arm talent, pedigree, likability, leadership and confidence that Patrick Mahomes had.

If Derek fucking Dooley could get better results out of him, there's hope that quality NFL coaching can get a lot more. But lets be real, are you confident that John Elway is going to make that happen?

Mosbonian
12-31-2018, 10:02 PM
Wrong. I said he has an uphill battle, but anyone can make it happen in the NFL if they work hard enough.

I said he has a real uphill battle ahead of him. He has a lot of work to do with reading Defesnses, cleaning up flaws with his mechanics and getting a better feel of the game.

Than he has another battle ahead of him by acclimating to an NFL locker room.

Pat Mahomes already knew what it took to be a leader and was a much advanced passer. Teams were a lot higher on Pat than the media, who were regurgitating old sayings.

They didn't actually dig into TT's Offense or into Pats film and it was mostly a lot of stupid shit. A lot of the criticism here is legit.

Lock doesn't have that blend of arm talent, pedigree, likability, leadership and confidence that Patrick Mahomes had.

If Derek ****ing Dooley could get better results out of him, there's hope that quality NFL coaching can get a lot more. But lets be real, are you confident that John Elway is going to make that happen?

Almost every QB that goes from College to Pro has "an uphill battle"...and have troubles overcoming the very things you listed. Mahomes is that different....but you can see the issues that Goff, Trubisky and this year Darnold and Allen are having.

Elway isn't going to be Lock's mentor.....now if Kubiak or Reid were his mentors I would say he has a legit shot. Lock is a rough specimen and needs some work....but I wouldn't go as far as you in describing him like you do.

KChiefs1
12-31-2018, 10:05 PM
The next Blaine Gabbert

I think he’s better than that.

BryanBusby
12-31-2018, 10:07 PM
Almost every QB that goes from College to Pro has "an uphill battle"...and have troubles overcoming the very things you listed. Mahomes is that different....but you can see the issues that Goff, Trubisky and this year Darnold and Allen are having.

Elway isn't going to be Lock's mentor.....now if Kubiak or Reid were his mentors I would say he has a legit shot. Lock is a rough specimen and needs some work....but I wouldn't go as far as you in describing him like you do.
Well I don't disagree, but I don't think Lock had adequate coaching like a lot of other top prospects and I think his Personality isn't going to help him either.

Elway is probably going to be his boss and Elway will be soon hiring the guys that will develop him. I know the Broncos want him badly and they don't sit by idly if they lock in on a target.

And yes, Mahomes is different hence why I said Drew and Pat aren't similar at all.

Prison Bitch
12-31-2018, 10:07 PM
which lucky team will win that sweepstakes?

Our team of finely-skilled talent evaluators can proffer with complete confidence a player of unmatched skill at his position errrrrrrr

In a few years we can pick him up for free and develop him into the next Bray

Pitt Gorilla
12-31-2018, 11:09 PM
Sorry, Mizzou fans. I used all of my positive juju up on the Chiefs game.

Prison Bitch
01-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Bowl game replay on secN at 5pm

Pablo
01-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Bowl game replay on secN at 5pm

Very friendly reminder there PB.

BryanBusby
01-01-2019, 03:09 PM
We'll make sure to keep tuned in to watch the last KU bowl game, which was SD in 4:3 viewing.

Prison Bitch
01-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Okie takes 14-10 lead with 5:32 to play in the half

Mosbonian
01-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Saw a Mock Draft today that had Drew Lock going to Denver at #10 in the first round.

Sassy Squatch
01-02-2019, 11:56 AM
Saw a Mock Draft today that had Drew Lock going to Denver at #10 in the first round.
Don't think he'll get past them. Maybe the Giants or Jaguars take him beforehand.

bowener
01-02-2019, 12:03 PM

That would be bittersweet for Lock since he is such as huge Chiefs fan. However, that might be the only team early in the draft that won't break him by starting him immediately despite Keenum sucking.

I hope for the sake of the NFL more coaches and teams see what Reid did as an option and we see more 1st round QBs sitting for the first season. I think it would save a lot of kids' careers in the long term, and give fans a better product overall. Just think of how many careers the Browns killed before they got started. Or some poor bastard like David Carr. They might not have ended up being elite, but I bet more of them would have had decent success compared to what they ended up with.

Best22
01-02-2019, 12:08 PM
That would be bittersweet for Lock since he is such as huge Chiefs fan. However, that might be the only team early in the draft that won't break him by starting him immediately despite Keenum sucking.

I hope for the sake of the NFL more coaches and teams see what Reid did as an option and we see more 1st round QBs sitting for the first season. I think it would save a lot of kids' careers in the long term, and give fans a better product overall. Just think of how many careers the Browns killed before they got started. Or some poor bastard like David Carr. They might not have ended up being elite, but I bet more of them would have had decent success compared to what they ended up with.

I think Mahomes would’ve had success regardless of where he started. Dude is talented and smart and has a great work ethic. Hard to “ruin.”

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 12:14 PM
I think Mahomes would’ve had success regardless of where he started. Dude is talented and smart and has a great work ethic. Hard to “ruin.”
Ah yeah, that's not true at all. Sure he's a hard worker and all, but the Washington Re*skins would have absolutely ruined him.

Sassy Squatch
01-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Ah yeah, that's not true at all. Sure he's a hard worker and all, but the Washington Re*skins would have absolutely ruined him.
Bills and Cardinals would've wrecked him.

Best22
01-02-2019, 12:22 PM

I think the Redskins problem is not having a quarterback in the first place. Kirk Cousins? Alex Smith? RGIII?

None of those guys are Mahomes

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 12:25 PM
I think the Redskins problem is not having a quarterback in the first place. Kirk Cousins? Alex Smith? RGIII?

None of those guys are Mahomes
Uh, that's only the beginning. While Pat is having an MVP year, lets not rewrite things. He absolutely had to go to the right place with the right coach, and there waa maybe 1-2 other places where he would have thrived.

Best22
01-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Uh, that's only the beginning. While Pat is having an MVP year, lets not rewrite things. He absolutely had to go to the right place with the right coach, and there waa maybe 1-2 other places where he would have thrived.

Disagree

A few weeks ago people said they would trade Mahomes for Donald+GoffROFL

Mahomes is simply underrated by his own fanbase. Most fans just can’t grasp how amazing he is. He’s not David Carr, Rosen, Darnold, RGIII, Cousins, etc. That cannot be said strongly enough

He is Mahomes

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 12:49 PM
Disagree

A few weeks ago people said they would trade Mahomes for Donald+GoffROFL

Mahomes is simply underrated by his own fanbase. Most fans just can’t grasp how amazing he is. He’s not David Carr, Rosen, Darnold, RGIII, Cousins, etc. That cannot be said strongly enough

He is Mahomes
Who the fuck ever said that, that had an IQ over a houseplant? Regardless, that literally means nothing when it comes to the fact that Pat is Pat because he went to the best possible situation.

Best22
01-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Who the **** ever said that, that had an IQ over a houseplant? Regardless, that literally means nothing when it comes to the fact that Pat is Pat because he went to the best possible situation.

He wouldn’t throw 50 TD in Washington or Arizona but he wouldn’t be a bust either. It would just take him a little longer to become a top flight QB.

And yes there was a poll on this board where some fans approved of a Donald+Goff trade

That being said we don’t “know” how he would’ve looked elsewhere but Mahomes has always impressed me and he has the qualities you want in a quarterback

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 12:54 PM
He wouldn’t throw 50 TD in Washington or Arizona but he wouldn’t be a bust either. It would just take him a little loger to become a top flight QB.
Yeah, okay. I'm sure he would have done swell with a leaky OL, his top target being a guy named Crowder and a turf that destroys bodies while the crowd boo's the team. You keep telling yourself that.

Best22
01-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Yeah, okay. I'm sure he would have done swell with a leaky OL, his top target being a guy named Crowder and a turf that destroys bodies while the crowd boo's the team. You keep telling yourself that.

Alex Smith had them in the playoff hunt.

Like I said, Mahomes is just so underrated. I don’t even understand it. He wouldn’t have 40TD passes but he’d have the Skins in the playoffs. Even Alex could’ve gotten them there

I mean, you’re reminding me of the fans who said Mahomes could never outproduce 2017 Smith in his first year starting...

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Alex Smith had them in the playoff hunt.

Like I said, Mahomes is just so underrated. I don’t even understand it. He wouldn’t have 40TD passes but he’d have the Skins in the playoffs. Even Alex could’ve gotten them there

I mean, you’re reminding me of the fans who said Mahomes could never outproduce 2017 Smith in his first year starting...
You're a fucking retard if that's your thought. Mahomes is rated just fine. Step off the ledge.

Best22
01-02-2019, 01:20 PM
You're a ****ing retard if that's your thought. Mahomes is rated just fine. Step off the ledge.

So 2018 Alex Smith can take the Redskins to the playoffs but not 2018 Mahomes?

ROFL

Mahomes is underrated

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 01:23 PM
So 2018 Alex Smith can take the Redskins to the playoffs but not 2018 Mahomes?

ROFL

Mahomes is underrated
Uh? Okay, it's clear you don't have a single coherent thought. Run along now. Tell me more on how the guy that's about to be named MVP is underrated though.

But to answer your retarded question, no. The combination of running for his life and a bad line would have got Pat the result that Alex Smith and Colt McCoy got. Injured.

Best22
01-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Uh? Okay, it's clear you don't have a single coherent thought. Run along now. Tell me more on how the guy that's about to be named MVP is underrated though.

But to answer your retarded question, no. The combination of running for his life and a bad line would have got Pat the result that Alex Smith and Colt McCoy got. Injured.

Mahomes gets his d*** sucked hard by the media, no question, they love him. But there is a belief (even in this fanbase) that he is being carried by his talent and that is a ridiculous take. Mahomes was always a great QB prospect, the best since Andrew Luck. That guy turned around a 2-14 team with Pagano at coach, Mahomes is in a similar class of QB

To say otherwise is blind

keg in kc
01-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Months ago people, national and local, were wondering what the Chiefs saw that let them part ways with Alex Smith. And now a season later everyone knows. Anyone with eyes can see that he's elevating the talent around him. Nobody with two brain cells thinks he's the beneficiary.

BryanBusby
01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Mahomes gets his d*** sucked hard by the media, no question, they love him. But there is a belief (even in this fanbase) that he is being carried by his talent and that is a ridiculous take. Mahomes was always a great QB prospect, the best since Andrew Luck. That guy turned around a 2-14 team with Pagano at coach, Mahomes is in a similar class of QB

To say otherwise is blind
You just said he gets his dick sucked, but yet is underrated? Make up your mind dude.

Writers were waiting all year to hand MVP to Brees and send him to the farm with a grand story, and you have major writers outright saying that's stupid and Pat is better than a surelock HoF QB. Or are you shook because a professional troll said something else, since its ya know....their job?

Best22
01-02-2019, 04:27 PM
You just said he gets his dick sucked, but yet is underrated? Make up your mind dude.

Writers were waiting all year to hand MVP to Brees and send him to the farm with a grand story, and you have major writers outright saying that's stupid and Pat is better than a surelock HoF QB. Or are you shook because a professional troll said something else, since its ya know....their job?

I’ve been consistent all year. I don’t care about the MVP stuff other than it’d be a joke to deny it to Pat.

He gets hype but there are many fans who believe Mahomes is only good because of his situation, as if any QB could easily throw 50TD and 5000 yards which is laughable

As impressed as I was with Pat during the pre-draft, he still continues to amaze me. I felt he was an instant upgrade over Alex, but I also felt fans calling for a 50 TD season were homers

Fact is I always felt he was a great QB prospect, and he would succeed on any team, just like Manning, Luck, and Marino. Some guys are just too talented and Mahomes is one of those guys

Sassy Squatch
01-02-2019, 04:40 PM
He was going to be a good QB regardless. He's well on his way to being an all time great QB due in no small part to the situation he was drafted into.

Best22
01-02-2019, 04:42 PM
He was going to be a good QB regardless. He's well on his way to being an all time great QB due in no small part to the situation he was drafted into.

Exactly

Sassy Squatch
01-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Exactly
That's what everyone has been trying to tell you.

Best22
01-02-2019, 04:49 PM
That's what everyone has been trying to tell you.

Mahomes is better because he’s in KC. Better coaching and talent. Nobody denies that. He wouldn’t throw 50TD in Buffalo

But he would still be a top prospect anywhere. Inferior coaching and talent would hide Mahomes’ true talent, but he’d still turn into a good QB