PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs to hire Matt House as LB coach [no, really - they actually are this time]

Pages : 1 2 [3]

stevieray
02-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Exactly! Forgot that one
How the hell are you, nerd?

....life treating you good?

FAX
02-12-2019, 07:37 PM
I would just like to say that "burnt orange" is a viable crayon color and is very appropriate when one is composing portraits of nude Amazon women digging for tubers and rhizomes used in traditional native soups.

FAX

booger
02-12-2019, 07:40 PM
How the hell are you, nerd?

....life treating you good?

Hey man! Not too bad could be better could be worse lol, thanks for asking. How about yourself?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2019, 07:40 PM
Care to explain my lack of comprehension on this post?

Maybe it's me but I think you're just a fucking idiot...

The phrasing is correct, but you are the recipient of the $100.00 in both cases.

My mistake.

Those are two examples in which you would win the bet.

Which, incidentally, is exactly what was stated in the original post sans clarifying the partnership of Reid/Hunt or the status of said player as an "undisputed asset".

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate
I guarantee you that Andy Reid and Clark Hunt will never again release premium talent from this team based on legal issues, murder or rape being the only exceptions.

If the player runs over Tavia's dog in the parking lot, gets a DWI after smacking 5 women in a nightclub, or pulls down his pants on the field while running down the sideline brandishing a sawed-off shotgun and lies to Clark's face while sitting in the office viewing the evidence with him, he will NOT be kicked off the team and released in to the wild for zero compensation. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If this is the status quo from now until Reid's departure, you will pay ME.

If however this same player is released for one of these non-rape, non-murder incidents in to the wild for zero compensation during the remainder of Andy's tenure, I will pay YOU.

If the same player is released into the wild for no compensation because he picked up a rape or murder charge, NO ONE gets paid because that is the EXCEPTION.

As clearly stated.

In the original post.

Are we about done here?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2019, 07:42 PM
I would just like to say that "burnt orange" is a viable crayon color and is very appropriate when one is composing portraits of nude Amazon women digging for tubers and rhizomes used in traditional native soups.

FAX

Point taken, Mr. FAX.

SAUTO
02-12-2019, 07:47 PM
The phrasing CAN'T be correct

FAX
02-12-2019, 07:51 PM
OBJECTION!

(On the grounds that nobody knows what the hell the point is anymore.)

FAX

SAUTO
02-12-2019, 08:03 PM
OBJECTION!

FAX

This is why I love me since faxy

booger
02-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Good Lord...Shotguns and rape? The owners wife’s dog? Mrs House is probably on google search looking for homes right now and if she starts digging up what what chiefs fans are like by reading a thread about her husband on chiefsplanet she’s gonna makes him turn the car around and head back to Kentucky

New World Order
02-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Perhaps they are this aggressive going for this particular coach because they think it means they won't have to go out into FA overpaying for a starter. They might think a lot of the players just need to be developed and coached up. I can't say one way or the other, but I bet the new coaching staff gets more out of the roster than Sutton did.

God I hope not

We need new blood on defense.

New World Order
02-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Good Lord...Shotguns and rape? The owners wife’s dog? Mrs House is probably on google search looking for homes right now and if she starts digging up what what chiefs fans are like by reading a thread about her husband on chiefsplanet she’s gonna makes him turn the car around and head back to Kentucky

All of those things are a step up from what they talk about in Kentucky.

booger
02-12-2019, 08:36 PM
All of those things are a step up from what they talk about in Kentucky.

Good point!

Ebolapox
02-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Has sdh seriously gotten more worthless?!?

Strongside
02-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Haters: Chiefs will regress in 2019.

Me:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oZEhLwnsWAAy3032D8_TWfilVLs=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/13749787/matthouse.0__1_.jpg

Titty Meat
02-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Damn dude looks like the average CP poster all he needs is the black sunglasses

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Has sdh seriously gotten more worthless?!?

Yes. I will exceed your expectations in 2019 and beyond.

RealSNR
02-12-2019, 09:42 PM
Damn dude looks like the average CP poster all he needs is the black sunglasses

I'll bet he's been a CP poster for years and we just haven't known his true identity.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-12-2019, 09:46 PM
I’m actually a big fan of Sweet Daddy Hate

Marcellus
02-12-2019, 09:51 PM

You 2 have a lot in common.

Cosmos
02-12-2019, 10:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IFntLbrW7yuamQ/giphy.gif

Devil in the details... :hmmm:

New World Order
02-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Haters: Chiefs will regress in 2019.

Me:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oZEhLwnsWAAy3032D8_TWfilVLs=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/13749787/matthouse.0__1_.jpg

Big Bossman?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-12-2019, 10:38 PM

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/117571/3932284-cheers+wink+walken.gif

GloryDayz
02-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Devil in the details... :hmmm:

What happened to the devil being in Miss Jones?

BigRedChief
02-13-2019, 12:08 AM
OBJECTION!

FAX:hmmm:

WhawhaWhat
02-13-2019, 07:30 AM

Big Bossman?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hkb41li6ueE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In58men
02-13-2019, 08:06 AM
If Matt loses the rest of his hair, he’ll have the typical Chief fan look ROFL

Skyy God
02-13-2019, 08:21 AM
If Matt loses the rest of his hair, he’ll have the typical Chief fan look ROFL

That’s a when, not if.

stumppy
02-13-2019, 08:27 AM

It got lost in the shuffle after we got the internet.

KCUnited
02-13-2019, 08:30 AM
https://i.imgur.com/iRQYaN8.jpg?2

htismaqe
02-13-2019, 09:19 AM

He went down to Georgia and the rest is history.

GloryDayz
02-13-2019, 10:11 AM
He went down to Georgia and the rest is history.

Sounds peachy...

Perineum Ripper
02-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Big Bossman?

I was thinking Bubba Ray Dudley

Skyy God
02-13-2019, 04:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iRQYaN8.jpg?2

She is clearly 5’ 4”, 175+ in this scenario

Beef Supreme
02-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Magnificent mullet, however.

Kiimo
02-13-2019, 05:00 PM
House's eyes are so close together which gives him an advantage focusing. He's like a cyclops but for linebackers instead of sheep.

RunKC
12-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Time to recognize this guy and Brendan Daley. These guys have done a terrific job as the year has has gone on. They’ve really hidden some deficiencies at DT and most notably LB.

Reggie Ragland has actually looked like a passable starter at times and Damien Wilson just had his best game here.

The future is bright with these guys. Hope we can keep them under wraps for a few years.

O.city
12-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Reggie looks like a really good player. They've found a nice role for him.

DJ's left nut
12-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Time to recognize this guy and Brendan Daley. These guys have done a terrific job as the year has has gone on. They’ve really hidden some deficiencies at DT and most notably LB.

Reggie Ragland has actually looked like a passable starter at times and Damien Wilson just had his best game here.

The future is bright with these guys. Hope we can keep them under wraps for a few years.

And I think it's important that we also take this opportunity to take another shit on Mark DeLeone:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13819688&postcount=1434

But here's the thing - that's not generally a DC's job on a day to day basis. I mean sure, there are grandstanding dickbag clowns like Rob Ryan who do shit like that, but you think Wade Phillips is out there chewing glass with his boys?

Attitude and technique isn't really a DC thing - that's a position coach thing.

You've got guys in here saying "well give Britt Reid a shot!". Gents - who the fuck do you think is coaching up that defensive lineman during the week? If you think those guys aren't playing with passion, why does that not fall on the guy who spends the most time working with them? And I just cannot convince myself that the secondaries coaches who have been great for many years suddenly forgot what they're doing.

Now that said - they've got a new ILB coach this season; Mark DeLeone. And yeah, we can go ahead and can that motherfucker. Because these inside linebackers don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and that's the dude that's working with them for hours each week. He's been an assistant LBs coach prior to this season so I have no track record to reach back to with him.

I mean there's a chance that this fucking guy right here:

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_editorial_landscape_6_desktop/f_auto/chiefs/pw8behojecuyldb1ao6y.jpg

simply has no idea what it is he's trying to accomplish. When the ILBs are routinely being exposed, that's an issue. Especially when Ragland looks a shitload worse than he looked last season when this guy WASN'T his position coach.

I'd have no qualms at all getting a new voice in here for the ILBs. Those guys need someone to snap them the hell out of it and I don't think it would be too much of a risk to pull the trigger there.

The LBs at least appear to have a plan this season when they didn't last season. That's going to be part scheme (Spags) but even larger part pure coaching (their position coaches).

And there's been clear differences from Ragland, some slight improvement from Hitchens and Wilson's looked damn good. Yes, House deserves credit for that. And DeLeone deserves more scorn.

KChiefs1
12-12-2019, 10:50 AM
He’s done wonders for Ragland.

Hitchens needs to be released. I bet Veach could find a scrub off another team that would be better.

RunKC
12-12-2019, 10:51 AM
And I think it's important that we also take this opportunity to take another shit on Mark DeLeone:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13819688&postcount=1434

The LBs at least appear to have a plan this season when they didn't last season. That's going to be part scheme (Spags) but even larger part pure coaching (their position coaches).

And there's been clear differences from Ragland, some slight improvement from Hitchens and Wilson's looked damn good. Yes, House deserves credit for that. And DeLeone deserves more scorn.

Yes and I would add Sam Madison. The secondary has done a nice job with communication and they’ve really come together with new faces everywhere.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the defense is coaching better than the offense this season.

If Andy can figure a way to hide the IOL deficiency and get the offense rolling again, we are going to destroy everybody.

Yes even Baltimore, just like last time.

DJ's left nut
12-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Yes and I would add Sam Madison. The secondary has done a nice job with communication and they’ve really come together with new faces everywhere.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the defense is coaching better than the offense this season.

If Andy can figure a way to hide the IOL deficiency and get the offense rolling again, we are going to destroy everybody.

Yes even Baltimore, just like last time.

Hard to come down too hard on Madison when he had Scandrick and a pile of shit in his safety crew.

Not sure what kind of coaching could've fixed those idiots. Scandrick having to be shouted down by Hobo Spirit in week 16 was just the cherry on top of that sunday.

You buy those guys books and they were just gonna eat the pages.

Imon Yourside
12-12-2019, 11:00 AM
That is ****ing awesome I wanted him to be our DC

Hard to come down too hard on Madison when he had Scandrick and a pile of shit in his safety crew.

Not sure what kind of coaching could've fixed those idiots. Scandrick having to be shouted down by Hobo Spirit in week 16 was just the cherry on top of that sunday.

Right and Ron Parker as well, other than Fuller it's an entirely different crew and Ward with more experience.

BossChief
12-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Turns out Daly wasn’t a Trojan horse, after all. (What a stupid take, but at the time the DL looked horrible)

Pitt Gorilla
12-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Reggie looks like a really good player. They've found a nice role for him.Oddly enough, he's been a good blitzer. Who the **** knew?

SuperChief
12-12-2019, 11:10 AM
It's kind of like . . . time in a new system has given players a better understanding of how to play assignment-correct football. I'm shocked.

Imon Yourside
12-12-2019, 11:12 AM
It's kind of like . . . time in a new system has given players a better understanding of how to play assignment-correct football. I'm shocked.

Some were claiming Spags was no different than sleeping under a tree in the AFCCG Bob.

Pitt Gorilla
12-12-2019, 11:12 AM
It's kind of like . . . time in a new system has given players a better understanding of how to play assignment-correct football. I'm shocked.I'm also "shocked" that it took a few games for all the new (and old) players to understand the scheme and their roles in the scheme. Completely shocking.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-12-2019, 11:14 AM

This is Madison’s first year here? Think you meant Thomas/Harris.

DJ's left nut
12-12-2019, 11:16 AM
I'm also "shocked" that it took a few games for all the new (and old) players to understand the scheme and their roles in the scheme. Completely shocking.

Time in the system didn't help them 'learn their roles' at all last season. The defense actually got worse as the season went on.

And so many of the breakdowns last year were so shockingly simple that it can't be chalked up to mere scheme either.

There's just more buy-in from this group of guys. And I think some of that is due to coaching the right attitude and some of it is just not having as many mongoloid retards out there (specifically in the secondary).

Trust/confidence takes time to develop but taking it as an article of faith that it WOULD just by having more time is a fools errand. Oftentimes it just doesn't happen.

Kudos to the coaching staff for encouraging the buy-in. And I wonder if embarrassing themselves for a few games there in the middle of the season didn't make them take a hard look at themselves, especially when combined with the Mahomes injury and a horrifying realization that this could all fall apart on them with a single play.

DJ's left nut
12-12-2019, 11:18 AM
This is Madison’s first year here? Think you meant Thomas/Harris.

Correct. My bad - forgot that Madison was the guy we brought in to replace the guys we shipped out.

In either event, I don't think the coaching was the problem with the secondary. I think a bunch of selfish idiots in his defensive backfield - I mean what more do you need to say about Nelson and Scandrick that they haven't said themselves? Parker was complaining before the season even started.

If we'd have brought that same group back, we'd have had the same problems regardless of the coaching switch. I don't know that Thomas/Harris did amazing work last year but I know that there's not a hell of a lot they could've done with that entitled group of washed up malcontents.

chiefzilla1501
12-12-2019, 11:19 AM
I still stand by Mike Smith being solid last year. He had out outside LBs who played well. And he's doing really well in green bay. But the rest of the coaches are shit. Pretty unbelievable to have 2 assistant coaches who could easily be nfl DCs in the next few years.

I still think the biggest thing house brings is knowledge of the college game. It gives spags a much more creative gameplan.

Pitt Gorilla
12-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Time in the system didn't help them 'learn their roles' at all last season. The defense actually got worse as the season went on.

And so many of the breakdowns last year were so shockingly simple that it can't be chalked up to mere scheme either.

There's just more buy-in from this group of guys. And I think some of that is due to coaching the right attitude and some of it is just not having as many mongoloid retards out there (specifically in the secondary).

Trust/confidence takes time to develop but taking it as an article of faith that it WOULD just by having more time is a fools errand. Oftentimes it just doesn't happen.

Kudos to the coaching staff for encouraging the buy-in. And I wonder if embarrassing themselves for a few games there in the middle of the season didn't make them take a hard look at themselves, especially when combined with the Mahomes injury and a horrifying realization that this could all fall apart on them with a single play.
Agreed across the board. We had a few Chief Fans who, evidently, thought any improvement should have been immediately noticeable, which is insane given the myriad changes.

DJ's left nut
12-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Agreed across the board. We had a few Chief Fans who, evidently, thought any improvement should have been immediately noticeable, which is insane given the myriad changes.

But we also had too many folks who just assumed improvement would come.

Reckless pessimism is no less premature than cockeyed optimism. Pointing out that it's too early to judge is fair, but saying that early season concern isn't worth mentioning is also unreasonable.

Sometimes it improves - other times it doesn't. At the halfway point of the season when the team was showing regression in some key areas, it was fair to be worried. But ultimately I think the set-backs helped the team. The adversity they faced was a good thing for them.

And that's where the TYPE of coaching they brought in helps. That's when they had their chance to prove their mettle.

RealSNR
12-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Guys. Guys. GUYS.

Britt Reid is the assistant LBs coach. What if he's the true mastermind behind the improvement of these players this season?

Rasputin
12-12-2019, 12:17 PM
Better tackling and less whiffing major improvements on the defense.

loochy
12-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Better tackling and less whiffing major improvements on the defense.

I've noticed that now opponents generally go backwards when we tackle them. Last year we'd tackle them and they'd always grab an additional 3 yards.

RealSNR
12-12-2019, 12:23 PM
We fired the tackling coach! Yay!

Dunerdr
12-12-2019, 01:02 PM
Im glad we suck less.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Some were claiming Spags was no different than sleeping under a tree in the AFCCG Bob.

Some buy M&M's and eat the plastic bag.

But we also had too many folks who just assumed improvement would come.

My defense was ranked 29th overall and led by a man with a 1,000 yard stare on game days. I also enjoyed the "services" of two premium, high dollar "impact players" with a lovely case of mailing it in.

You're fuckin'-A right I "assumed improvement would come".

rabblerouser
12-12-2019, 01:21 PM

Me, too. Of course, I'm not a flaming pussy or a mental midget.

KChiefs1
12-12-2019, 03:46 PM

Scandrick!?!?!?!?!

Never want to hear that turds name again.

https://youtu.be/qjf-ueq2lQo

JakeF
12-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Guys. Guys. GUYS.

Britt Reid is the assistant LBs coach. What if he's the true mastermind behind the improvement of these players this season?
http://littlefun.org/uploads/5132624c0000000000000000_736.jpg

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-15-2021, 02:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs LBs coach Matt House turns down college job to stay with Kansas City <a href="https://t.co/A7WKNh14Ct">https://t.co/A7WKNh14Ct</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1361411940485103616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In58men
02-15-2021, 02:38 PM
Q

Pitt Gorilla
02-15-2021, 02:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs LBs coach Matt House turns down college job to stay with Kansas City <a href="https://t.co/A7WKNh14Ct">https://t.co/A7WKNh14Ct</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1361411940485103616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's good news.

RealSNR
02-15-2021, 03:36 PM
I mean, yeah. He had a good thing going as the DC at Kentucky. If he wanted a college coordinator job, why would he move to the pros to be a position coach in the first place?

"Hey Matt, you decided to change jobs to the pros a few years ago. Want to go back to college and take the same position for a school that currently sucks more than Kentucky?"

Can't blame Tennessee for trying and all, but come on.

rabblerouser
02-15-2021, 04:12 PM

Well...okay. but it's not like our LBs were a source of pride this year...

Rams Fan
02-15-2021, 04:23 PM
WANDALE!

How the tables have turned.

Buehler445
02-15-2021, 04:31 PM

Hitchens actually came around. And Nieman sucks less ass. And Gay was coming around.

There’s an argument there is improvement.

rabblerouser
02-15-2021, 04:36 PM
Hitchens actually came around. And Nieman sucks less ass. And Gay was coming around.

There’s an argument there is improvement.

Well...Neiman needs to be replaced. He'll never be more than a special teamer.

Buehler445
02-15-2021, 04:54 PM
Well...Neiman needs to be replaced. He'll never be more than a special teamer.

Agreed. Doesnt mean House sucks.

RealSNR
02-15-2021, 04:57 PM

His LBs were Hitchens, Wilson, a raw rookie Gay, and the asstastic Niemann.

You try making a souffle out of those ingredients.

rabblerouser
02-15-2021, 05:30 PM

Fair.

I'm not mad if we take Oline/LB throughout the entire draft at this point.

Pitt Gorilla
02-15-2021, 05:37 PM

Can you stop with the stupid takes? FFS, man.

rabblerouser
02-15-2021, 05:45 PM
Can you stop with the stupid takes? FFS, man.

Can you stop being a worthless contrarian just because you don't like me?

I mean...SNR and Beuhler agreed that our LBs were shit this past year.

Agreed. Doesnt mean House sucks.

^THIS is how you discuss football with someone, Shitt Gorilla.

Figure it out or go fuck yourself...I guarantee you won't figure it out, so...

Coochie liquor
10-12-2021, 08:30 PM
Any clue on when this guy is gonna be showing up? LB position has to be one of the worst in the league.

petegz28
10-12-2021, 08:32 PM
Any clue on when this guy is gonna be showing up? LB position has to be one of the worst in the league.

Word is he was told not to show up until he could figure out how the Spags D works...

Coochie liquor
10-12-2021, 08:37 PM
Word is he was told not to show up until he could figure out how the Spags D works...

God damn it’s complicated. Maybe they can get Sorensen to interpret it for them. Seems he has a handle on how it works.

petegz28
10-12-2021, 08:38 PM
God damn it’s complicated. Maybe they can get Sorensen to interpret it for them. Seems he has a handle on how it works.

Apparently he is the only one who gets it....

Mecca
10-12-2021, 08:39 PM
Willie Gay is literally the only LB we have that has above average athletic talent.

The rest of that group isn't gifted.

Coochie liquor
10-12-2021, 08:41 PM
Willie Gay is literally the only LB we have that has above average athletic talent.

There has to be a difference between being talented, and understanding your assignments. When people are constantly out of position, then the message isn’t getting through.

petegz28
10-12-2021, 08:41 PM

Bolton is fine...just a rookie

Mecca
10-12-2021, 08:43 PM

If you buy into instincts etc and that he'll develop ok but as a pure athlete he's not great.

His athletic testing scores are average at best.

Coochie liquor
10-12-2021, 08:43 PM

I like what I see from Bolton so far. I think he’s gonna round into a good player. But I don’t know that I trust House to put him in a position to succeed.

petegz28
10-12-2021, 08:44 PM
If you buy into instincts etc and that he'll develop ok but as a pure athlete he's not great.

His athletic testing scores are average at best.

I watched the dude at MU and he is a fucking baller and one of the best LB's in the SEC. He is playing out of position right now. He will be fine.

POND_OF_RED
10-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Exclusive footage of House going over coverage assignments at practice
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/d4/b9/1ed4b9d2d719571364a79e69147f45ff.gif

Titty Meat
10-12-2021, 10:08 PM
Were not turning on this dude are we? When you have little to no production on the line with guys who appear to be taking plays off I fail to see how we can blame the LB coach. Bolton has played well too.

tredadda
10-12-2021, 10:24 PM
Were not turning on this dude are we? When you have little to no production on the line with guys who appear to be taking plays off I fail to see how we can blame the LB coach. Bolton has played well too.

This. I would like to see this LB corps with a healthy Gay and one more so we can rid ourselves of Hitchens/Neiman. Plus even slightly competent DLine play would fix a lot of the issues on defense. Bolton looks like what most thought he would be, solid but not elite. I think he's the least of our worries on defense.

BossChief
10-12-2021, 11:16 PM

Show me the LB he has improved/developed in his 2.5 seasons coaching the linebackers.

Mecca
10-12-2021, 11:17 PM
Show me the LB he has improved/developed in his 2.5 seasons coaching the linebackers.

Outside of Gay we have no talent there...

stevieray
10-13-2021, 12:03 AM
Outside of Gay we have no talent there...

It's been the Achilles heel for this defense for awhile now.

Titty Meat
10-13-2021, 12:48 AM

Hitchens has been better than his first season.

JPH83
10-13-2021, 05:08 AM
I'm pretty optimistic about Gay and his ablity in coverage, and what that might allow us to do with Bolton. But the unit has been atrocious across the board so far and there is no way that can be entirely blamed on the DL imo. Hitchens looks lost and completly unable to diagnose plays. Really odd.