PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports **** Official Women's World Cup 2019 Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2

GloryDayz
06-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Let's go ladies, let's do this...

GloryDayz
06-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Good start, but that last play almost cost us dearly... We're lucky they were offside.

GloryDayz
06-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Woot...

GloryDayz
06-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Looks like the 2nd goal shouldn't have started with the corner that lead to it...

Ugh..

Red Dawg
06-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Looking tough. They have been living in the kill zone both games.

Reerun_KC
06-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Love the women’s World Cup.

GloryDayz
06-16-2019, 12:14 PM
That was a far more competitive game. And wow was that Chilean goalie some kind of good!

GloryDayz
06-22-2019, 06:18 PM
OK, the Swedish women were fucking HOT! Even the way they wore their socks.. Wow...

Rain Man
06-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Love the women’s World Cup.

I was in an Irish-style pub that was showing it, and it was oddly engaging. It was better than men's soccer.

Halfcan
06-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Still no pics in this thread- fail.

Titty Meat
06-22-2019, 10:36 PM
You gotta be a loser to watch this shit

GloryDayz
06-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Still no pics in this thread- fail.

Wants pictures, then evidently doesn't. Then calls people in a thread that he optionally clicked on "losers", and it's not like the thread title was confusion or ambiguous... Well alrighty then, I think we know what we're dealing with here.

But here ya go, enjoy...

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=2019%20womens%20swedish%20soccer%20team%20hot&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=2019%20womens%20swedish%20soccer%20team%20hot&sc=0-35&sk=&cvid=FE23FD4ABEF342AB92E9BB4477E177AD

KChiefs1
06-23-2019, 10:13 PM
I was in an Irish-style pub that was showing it, and it was oddly engaging. It was better than men's soccer.

It’s one of a couple of sports that’s better to watch than the men...volleyball being the other.

BleedingRed
06-23-2019, 10:17 PM
What is this?

Baby Lee
06-23-2019, 10:52 PM

It's nice to look at, too slow to say it's better.

Not that they don't have sophisticated skills, . . . physically slower.

Like watching GT versus watching F1

<iframe width="869" height="579" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K2cNqaPSHv0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GloryDayz
06-24-2019, 06:35 AM

<iframe width="869" height="579" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K2cNqaPSHv0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Telling... The car that passes in from of the camera at :22 looks like a regular SUV you'd see driving around town. LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
06-24-2019, 08:10 AM
I think a men's Cup thread would surpass more than 16 posts though, bud ROFL

Dartgod
06-24-2019, 08:11 AM

Well then, you won't mind being banned from the thread.

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 08:21 AM

Well, I really don't know anything about soccer. But it tends to feature slim and fit women, which poses a viewing advantage to the casual observer.

RedRaider56
06-24-2019, 08:29 AM
Well, I really don't know anything about soccer. But it tends to feature slim and fit women, which poses a viewing advantage to the casual observer.

The Scandinavian teams are easy on the eyes.

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 08:38 AM

Their strikers are striking, I agree.

loochy
06-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Be careful, you are wading into "me too" waters.

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Be careful, you are wading into "me too" waters.

In the spirit of fairness, the Swedish women's soccer team may compliment my physical appearance without fear of offending me.

SuperBowl4
06-24-2019, 09:49 AM
:usa:

SuperBowl4
06-24-2019, 09:55 AM

<iframe width="869" height="579" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K2cNqaPSHv0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>I used to LOVE F1! That old sound is what made F1! But F1 SUCKS these days with their AWFUL sounding engines and the abolishment of fuel strategy. Also Lewis Hamilton winning almost every race is BORING! The new owners of F1 need to bring back that BEAUTIFUL ear-splitting F1 sound and Re-fueling during pit stops. I really miss the old days of F1. :deevee:

CaliforniaChief
06-24-2019, 10:11 AM
What a godawful terrible turnover by the USA there.

sedated
06-24-2019, 10:43 AM
This seems like a pretty even match (so far). #17 on Spain will haunt Dunn's dreams, and should have had Spain's 2nd goal

KChiefs1
06-24-2019, 11:27 AM
This is too close.

Munson
06-24-2019, 11:32 AM
USA penalty kick coming up.

Munson
06-24-2019, 11:34 AM
GOAL!

USA 2
Spain 1

KC_Connection
06-24-2019, 11:47 AM
That was one of the bigger joke penalty kick calls I've ever seen and we're talking about soccer here.

TambaBerry
06-24-2019, 11:48 AM
That was one of the bigger joke penalty kick calls I've ever seen and we're talking about soccer here.

a foul is a foul man idk what you're talking about

KC_Connection
06-24-2019, 11:56 AM
a foul is a foul man idk what you're talking about
There's no such thing as soft calls in sports?

GloryDayz
06-24-2019, 11:58 AM
That was a hell of a game. Hard fought... But hey, a win's a win..

GloryDayz
06-24-2019, 12:00 PM
I'll be honest, that should take our bravado down a notch or three...

Rain Man
06-24-2019, 12:07 PM
I just looked at the standings. It seems like the scoreboard for 19th-century colonization to some extent, but the goals for/against presents the American women in a powerful light. They're going all Teddy Roosevelt on the rest of the field.

https://www.google.com/search?q=women%27s+world+cup+2019&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS762US762&oq=women&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j69i61l3j0.2586j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/m/0j26kc6;2;/m/01kglk;st;fp;1;;

TambaBerry
06-24-2019, 12:14 PM
There's no such thing as soft calls in sports?

when you're late on a challenge and hit the other player especially wiht your cleats its an obvious call

BlackHelicopters
06-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Moar Morgan topless.

mlyonsd
06-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Question.

So when someone gets hurt or flops and play is stopped why doesn't the clock stop as well? I understand time is added onto the end but why not just stop the running clock? Is there a reason?

Munson
06-24-2019, 12:35 PM
Moar Morgan topless.

This is about as close as it gets.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">These Alex Morgan GIFs will definitely be the highlight of your day! <a href="https://t.co/I1n3LrLR97">https://t.co/I1n3LrLR97</a> <a href="https://t.co/7a1YVVZH39">pic.twitter.com/7a1YVVZH39</a></p>&mdash; Sports Illustrated Swimsuit (@SI_Swimsuit) <a href="https://twitter.com/SI_Swimsuit/status/1142885123370754049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 23, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

loochy
06-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Question. <br />
<br />
So when someone gets hurt or flops and play is stopped why doesn't the clock stop as well? I understand time is added onto the end but why not just stop the running clock? Is there a reason?<br />
<br />
The official clock IS stopped...it's the one on the referee's wrist. It's up to the referee. It prevents endless bitching about when the clock gets stopped.

GloryDayz
06-24-2019, 01:47 PM
Question.

So when someone gets hurt or flops and play is stopped why doesn't the clock stop as well? I understand time is added onto the end but why not just stop the running clock? Is there a reason?

History and tradition. Oh, and some things that would get me in hat water if I said.

But you're right IMO.

GloryDayz
06-24-2019, 01:48 PM
<br />
<br />
The official clock IS stopped...it's the one on the referee's wrist. It's up to the referee. It prevents endless bitching about when the clock gets stopped.

This is key..

DJJasonp
06-24-2019, 01:49 PM
<br />
<br />

See, this is where I (respectfully) disagree.

I think it's ridiculous that only one man on the planet knows when the game is going to be over.

If I ruled the world, on any whistle, the play clock stops - just like hockey, etc.

Then, everyone would know whether or not that last corner kick will be allowed, etc.

Also - I really think it would curb much of the nonsense flopping, etc. by teams trying to protect a lead.

If they know 7 minutes of flopping/stoppage is going to result in 7 more actual minutes of play, why flop? (unless it's to curb momentum....but still).

Sorry - this is one of my biggest pet-peeves with soccer!

FlorentinePogen
06-24-2019, 02:02 PM
alex morgan

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/PartialIllegalAzurewingedmagpie' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='404'></iframe>

GloryDayz
06-24-2019, 02:20 PM
See, this is where I (respectfully) disagree.

I think it's ridiculous that only one man on the planet knows when the game is going to be over.

If I ruled the world, on any whistle, the play clock stops - just like hockey, etc.

Then, everyone would know whether or not that last corner kick will be allowed, etc.

Also - I really think it would curb much of the nonsense flopping, etc. by teams trying to protect a lead.

If they know 7 minutes of flopping/stoppage is going to result in 7 more actual minutes of play, why flop? (unless it's to curb momentum....but still).

Sorry - this is one of my biggest pet-peeves with soccer!

I think many/most people agree with you. I'm a life-long soccer fan, and I agree with all you said...

scho63
06-24-2019, 03:24 PM
When did the women from Sweden get so ugly?

KChiefs1
06-28-2019, 04:13 PM
What’s wrong with you guys?

The women kicked France’s ass today!

USA! USA! USA!

Oz_Chief
06-28-2019, 07:10 PM

USA! USA! USA!

Hell yeah! Damn near up 3-0 at one point.

Baby Lee
06-28-2019, 08:42 PM

USA! USA! USA!

What does USA have to do with anything?

GloryDayz
06-28-2019, 10:17 PM

USA! USA! USA!

Sorry, had the big red truck break down, said fuck it, and went out and bought a new one (to me).

Reerun_KC
06-28-2019, 10:21 PM
Onward they go.

MahiMike
06-29-2019, 09:09 AM
Rapinoe has turned me off. Rooting against them now.

Skyy God
06-29-2019, 10:54 AM

Sorry she’s not going to the fucking White House, brah.

Kman34
06-29-2019, 10:58 AM

You are going to be disappoint...

BWillie
06-29-2019, 11:45 AM

Apparently Scandinavian people are the best looking people on Earth on average.

I'm 25% Swedish. Great grandmother was actually born in Sweden. Dont think I got the gene though.

GloryDayz
06-29-2019, 01:44 PM
Sorry she’s not going to the fucking White House, brah.

I think it's a good thing she isn't going to go, she's an unAmerican idiot.

Skyy God
06-29-2019, 02:36 PM
I think it's a good thing she isn't going to go, she's an unAmerican idiot.

America was founded on protest.

Trump is antithetical to Rapinoe’s values, and she shouldn’t give him the ability to glom onto their accomplishments to promote his odious, nativist, know nothing brand.

GloryDayz
06-29-2019, 03:47 PM

Trump is antithetical to Rapinoe’s values, and she shouldn’t give him the ability to glom onto their accomplishments to promote his odious, nativist, know nothing brand.

Well, since President Trump is the real American between the two of them, none of what you said is valid. She's about as authentic as her hair color, not to mention she's a racist, sexist, and overall hater of true American values. So again, I'm happy that her unAmerican ass won't go to the White House (if they win), she holds no special value to this country in the grand scheme of things, so sh can sit at home and watch.

Now tell her to get her whore ass out there and do her fucking job; score some goals and shit up.

New World Order
06-29-2019, 03:55 PM

Rapinoe is protesting a flag that allows them to protest.

If she really cared, she wouldn't be on the field. Obviously none of the political issues are a big enough deal for her to boycott and not play futbol.

TDS at it's finest.

RedRaider56
06-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Hell yeah! Damn near up 3-0 at one point.

and then damn near gave it away in the 2nd half.

GloryDayz
06-29-2019, 04:44 PM
Rapinoe is protesting a flag that allows them to protest.

If she really cared, she wouldn't be on the field. Obviously none of the political issues are a big enough deal for her to boycott and not play futbol.

TDS at it's finest.

She's a flappy-twat attention whore. Again, it's best that animals like her stick to just doing their job and not go to the White House. She's not needed..

alpha_omega
07-01-2019, 02:33 PM
USWNT etiquette questioned by England coach as "spygate" row erupts

England coach Phil Neville has accused the US of lacking "etiquette" ahead of Tuesday's World Cup semifinal clash after two US representatives visited his team's hotel while looking at potential accommodation for the final.

The two sides are preparing to face one another in Lyon on Tuesday, with England, which was out training when the incident occurred, having reached its second consecutive World Cup semifinal after defeating Norway 3-0.

Football teams and coaches are usually highly sensitive to opposition sides potentially learning anything about their preparations for key games. In January, Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa was criticized after he admitted to sending a "spy" to watch Derby County at its training ground ahead of a key game.

"The only thing I would say is it's not something I would want my team ops person doing," Neville told reporters on Sunday. "It's not something that England would do.

"It's not an unfair advantage. It'll have no bearing on the game. I actually found it quite funny. I just thought, 'What are they doing?' It's not etiquette really, is it? I just think that's not something that I would allow from our organization."

According to reports from The Guardian, US staff -- not dressed in team kit -- were shown around Lyon's Fourvière Hotel.

The incident -- which is being dubbed "spygate" or "hotelgate" -- was passed off as necessary tournament planning by USWNT coach Jill Ellis, who said her colleagues were scouting out a hotel to potentially stay in ahead of the final.

"I assume everybody's doing that, you have to plan ahead," said Ellis, who is hoping to become the first coach to win two Women's World Cup titles.
"The only two people that think planning ahead on my team is my administrator -- she has to book all the flights and everything -- and her boss.

"And everybody else, yeah well they don't worry about that. That's probably who the two people were. It's important to do your job."
The USA defeated France 2-1 last week to continue its run of reaching at least the semifinals at every World Cup.

Ellis' side is strong favorite to defeat the Lionesses on Tuesday, although the two teams drew 2-2 when they last met at the SheBelieves Cup in March -- a tournament England went on to win.

Accusations have also been made about the Americans' complacency during the World Cup after defender Ali Krieger said the US has "the best team in the world and the second best team in the world," to which Ellis responded by saying that "it's really a comment about ourselves."

She added: "Everyone on our team has confidence, I wouldn't say that this is in any way an arrogant team. I think this team knows that they've got to earn everything and that we've got tough opponents, as we played the other night, still ahead of us."

The winner of Tuesday's game will go on to face either Sweden or the Netherlands in Saturday's final in Lyon

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/football/phil-neville-jill-ellis-womens-world-cup-spt-intl-gbr/index.html

ptlyon
07-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Another reason why we told them to get bent in 1776

Pitt Gorilla
07-01-2019, 03:55 PM
USWNT etiquette questioned by England coach as "spygate" row erupts

England coach Phil Neville has accused the US of lacking "etiquette" ahead of Tuesday's World Cup semifinal clash after two US representatives visited his team's hotel while looking at potential accommodation for the final.

The two sides are preparing to face one another in Lyon on Tuesday, with England, which was out training when the incident occurred, having reached its second consecutive World Cup semifinal after defeating Norway 3-0.

Football teams and coaches are usually highly sensitive to opposition sides potentially learning anything about their preparations for key games. In January, Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa was criticized after he admitted to sending a "spy" to watch Derby County at its training ground ahead of a key game.

"The only thing I would say is it's not something I would want my team ops person doing," Neville told reporters on Sunday. "It's not something that England would do.

"It's not an unfair advantage. It'll have no bearing on the game. I actually found it quite funny. I just thought, 'What are they doing?' It's not etiquette really, is it? I just think that's not something that I would allow from our organization."

According to reports from The Guardian, US staff -- not dressed in team kit -- were shown around Lyon's Fourvière Hotel.

The incident -- which is being dubbed "spygate" or "hotelgate" -- was passed off as necessary tournament planning by USWNT coach Jill Ellis, who said her colleagues were scouting out a hotel to potentially stay in ahead of the final.

"I assume everybody's doing that, you have to plan ahead," said Ellis, who is hoping to become the first coach to win two Women's World Cup titles.
"The only two people that think planning ahead on my team is my administrator -- she has to book all the flights and everything -- and her boss.

"And everybody else, yeah well they don't worry about that. That's probably who the two people were. It's important to do your job."
The USA defeated France 2-1 last week to continue its run of reaching at least the semifinals at every World Cup.

Ellis' side is strong favorite to defeat the Lionesses on Tuesday, although the two teams drew 2-2 when they last met at the SheBelieves Cup in March -- a tournament England went on to win.

Accusations have also been made about the Americans' complacency during the World Cup after defender Ali Krieger said the US has "the best team in the world and the second best team in the world," to which Ellis responded by saying that "it's really a comment about ourselves."

She added: "Everyone on our team has confidence, I wouldn't say that this is in any way an arrogant team. I think this team knows that they've got to earn everything and that we've got tough opponents, as we played the other night, still ahead of us."

The winner of Tuesday's game will go on to face either Sweden or the Netherlands in Saturday's final in Lyon

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/football/phil-neville-jill-ellis-womens-world-cup-spt-intl-gbr/index.html
Neville should probably consider ****ing off.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Go England!

Can't stand the purple haired punk on our squad. She needs some humble pie. Respect America or don't wear the jersey.

Pitt Gorilla
07-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Go England!

Can't stand the purple haired punk on our squad. She needs some humble pie. Respect America or don't wear the jersey.
She’s better than you in every way.

Your cheering for England pretty clearly demonstrates your “respect” for America.

burt
07-01-2019, 05:10 PM
Geez...not this shit again.... I don't care who she sleeps with, who she votes for, weather she goes to the White House of to whore house. I don't care what color her hair is or what her ancestry is. She is American and allowed freedom of speech. It is easy to respect/love America and to NOT appreciate the President. Or some policy. It is easy to love our country and speak against issues... But for fucks sake....it just a sport. She gets to wear that jersey because she is so damn good.

limested
07-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Go England!

You are a fucking idiot and prime example of what is wrong in America today.

Telling Rapinoe to respect America while you are rooting for England. Your and idiot.

Kman34
07-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Go England!

She can do and say whatever she wants because she is an American.... Try that in North Korea and see what happens...

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-01-2019, 05:44 PM
You are a ****ing idiot and prime example of what is wrong in America today.

Telling Rapinoe to respect America while you are rooting for England. Your and idiot.

TDS strikes another victim. Tell the doctor where it hurts. ROFL

Come back to the debate after you learn how to spell preschool words. ROFL

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-01-2019, 05:46 PM
She can do and say whatever she wants because she is an American.... Try that in North Korea and see what happens...

Never said she didn't have the right.

And I have the right to boo her for being disrespectful of the office. Athletes who didn't go to the White House when Obummer was in charge were crucified by the press but Admiral Hondo here is lauded for her stand. The hypocrisy is staggering.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-01-2019, 05:48 PM

Your cheering for England pretty clearly demonstrates your “respect” for America.

Not even close. She is a gender studies major who can kick a ball. Yay.

I love America. I know her history inside and out. I have visited battlefields where we fought the British. I doubt she has. I bet Washington would agree with me on my stance. He had no tolerance for disrespect. England is the mother country and my heritage. If the USA players want to kneel, I will start my own protest.

Kman34
07-01-2019, 05:49 PM
TDS strikes another victim. Tell the doctor where it hurts. ROFL

Come back to the debate after you learn how to spell preschool words. ROFL

You obviously don’t get the reference.... Go USA!!

Rivaldo
07-01-2019, 05:51 PM
https://res.cloudinary.com/lmbvcnkml/image/upload/v1560885779/kathellen_ie95gi.png

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmbvcnkml/image/upload/v1560490302/scotish_qzqupq.png

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmbvcnkml/image/upload/v1561232077/57239243_2192760240791160_614050296652781803_n_1_xqdbci.jpg

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmbvcnkml/image/upload/v1561689732/paraguay_fan_k7qebq.png

GloryDayz
07-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Rapinoe to North Korea? :hmmm:

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-01-2019, 05:54 PM
You obviously don’t get the reference.... Go USA!!

I didn't. It must be some silly meme. :D

BigRedChief
07-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Go England!

Your cheering for England pretty clearly demonstrates your “respect” for America.WTF Carr4MVP?:hmmm:

You can hate her politics, that’s fine and dandy. But the team is wearing the Stars and Stripes playing for our country against the country who we fought a war to get our freedom. July 4th is just a couple of days away. Your cheering for another country against us? Not cool.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-01-2019, 06:13 PM
WTF Carr4MVP?:hmmm:

You can hate her politics, that’s fine and dandy. But the team is wearing the Stars and Stripes playing for our country against the country who we fought a war to get our freedom. July 4th is just a couple of days away. Your cheering for another country against us? Not cool.

The same team has members who want to kneel before those Stars and Stripes while wearing the jersey of America.

England is the land of my ancestors. Any other country and I would be still rooting for my beloved America.

Baby Lee
07-01-2019, 07:42 PM
WTF Carr4MVP?:hmmm:

What 'us?'

New World Order
07-01-2019, 08:08 PM

How dare you disrespect our flag.

That flag gives him the right to root for whomever!

BWillie
07-02-2019, 01:15 PM
How come the ugly chick isn't playing?

Munson
07-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Shit. England just tied it up.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 01:19 PM
No Admiral Purple Hair?

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Shit. England just tied it up.

:clap:

Munson
07-02-2019, 01:31 PM
GOAL USA!!!

Kman34
07-02-2019, 01:32 PM
:clap:

Morgan just scored... 2-1 USA!

BWillie
07-02-2019, 01:35 PM
I just watch until the next time they show Morgan's face.

Munson
07-02-2019, 01:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Morgan scores her first goal since the opening game and retakes the lead in the Golden Boot race (6 goals, 3 assists)<br><br>She&#39;s the first player in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFAWWC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FIFAWWC</a> history to score on her birthday �� <a href="https://t.co/EGWBNIyaxI">pic.twitter.com/EGWBNIyaxI</a></p>&mdash; FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1146140792508960768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eDave
07-02-2019, 01:44 PM

Therein lies the hatred.

BlackHelicopters
07-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Alex! Nice!

BWillie
07-02-2019, 01:52 PM
You see Morgan do the puff on the joint after the goal lmfao

Baby Lee
07-02-2019, 01:53 PM
You see Morgan do the puff on the joint after the goal lmfao

I thought she was sipping a spot of tea.

ModSocks
07-02-2019, 01:54 PM
YAH FUCK YOU WINSTON CHURCHILL

RunKC
07-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Soccer is usually boring but this has been entertaining so far. 3 goals and 4 damn near goals.

Lot of offense so far

BWillie
07-02-2019, 01:55 PM
I thought she was sipping a sport of tea.

That would actually be even more savage.

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Go ladies go... Woot...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Wonder if this is the last hurrah for the US women. Quick roster glance shows a bunch of women over 30. The u17 and u20 teams appear to be dogshit

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Well poop..

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Wait, woot woot...

07-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Dee Ford

Skyy God
07-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Wait, woot woot...

Offsides, brah.

BWillie
07-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Dee Ford

I was just telling my GF I do not support that ticky tack penalty because Dee Ford.

Have to be consistent in my views across sports ROFL

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:33 PM
I would pull that lady down upon me if she straddled me like that.

07-02-2019, 02:35 PM
LOL

What a choke.

Baby Lee
07-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Tobin Heath looks like she has a lip full of chaw.

Baby Lee
07-02-2019, 02:37 PM
The defender was clean

Striker extended shooting leg back into defender's space without possession.

07-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Hit the ball, Harden

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Welp. This ain't good..

ptlyon
Have we beaten these limey pieces of shit yet?

BWillie
hahaha soccer rules.

Skyy God
That’s a f’ing joke.

Baby Lee
That's a bad call, objectively.

Review killing sport

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:40 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

BlackHelicopters
Wow

Baby Lee
Anyone who misses a PK deserves to lose.

Nice strike. Was that a middle schooler?

BlackHelicopters
Fucking floppers

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Now to finish this.... But I suspect they'll add ~6-7 minutes.

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Studs up bitch!

GloryDayz
07-02-2019, 02:55 PM
Heck yeah ladies. WOO-HOO!!!!

ChiefBlueCFC
07-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Fucking up England in July! MURICA~!

Prison Bitch
07-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Didn’t the girls lose to a team of 14 year old boys in Dallas?

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Well, the land of my ancestors gave it their best shot.

Today, it was the Battle of Princeton in result not Camden, Savannah, or Charleston.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 03:07 PM
YAH **** YOU WINSTON CHURCHILL

Churchill was ten times the leader that Wheelchair FDR was.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Therein lies the hatred.

Better at what, sitting the bench? ROFL

Sorce
07-02-2019, 03:16 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/comments/7snac5/declaration_of_independence/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Munson
07-02-2019, 03:19 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just another tea party... ����☕ <a href="https://t.co/pdFQlEohFW">pic.twitter.com/pdFQlEohFW</a></p>&mdash; FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1146163926360416256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2019</a></blockquote>

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
07-02-2019, 03:23 PM
****ing burn! ROFL

Munson
07-02-2019, 03:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WHAT. A. GAME. ����<br><br>The <a href="https://twitter.com/USWNT?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@USWNT</a> is the first country to reach three consecutive <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFAWWC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FIFAWWC</a> finals. See how they did it in our 90&#39; in 90&quot; highlights. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BelieveWithUS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BelieveWithUS</a> <a href="https://t.co/B642qEv6fO">pic.twitter.com/B642qEv6fO</a></p>&mdash; FOX Soccer (@FOXSoccer) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/1146166988705689600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2019</a></blockquote>

Kman34
07-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Well, the land of my ancestors gave it their best shot.

Today, it was the Battle of Princeton in result not Camden, Savannah, or Charleston.

Yeah.. keep on rooting for losers..

BWillie
07-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Didn’t the girls lose to a team of 14 year old boys in Dallas?

Wat

Link?

Rivaldo
07-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Of course they lost.

They played young men on the cusp of military age. Much stronger and faster.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Yeah.. keep on rooting for losers..

The British conquered 1/4 of the world and won two World Wars. We aren't talking about France here.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 06:56 PM
LOL at the butthurt people who can't admit the truth that Churchill was better than the man who prolonged the Depression, locked up American citizens in camps, and left Stalin keep Eastern Europe.

Kman34
07-02-2019, 07:33 PM
The British conquered 1/4 of the world and won two World Wars. We aren't talking about France here.

I was referring the the England Womens World Cup Team....... and....the Raiders..

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-02-2019, 07:35 PM
I was referring the the England Womens World Cup Team....... and....the Raiders..

Not even mad because it is true. :#:grr:

BWillie
07-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Of course they lost.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

People never believe my story of my freshman yeam (we had two freshman teams) beating the #1 ranked in state varsity girls basketball team by 45 in a scrimmage. Our scrubs even played most of the game. But very surprising to hear in soccer because it feels like need for top flight athleticism is mitigated by craftiness.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-03-2019, 06:22 AM
People never believe my story of my freshman yeam (we had two freshman teams) beating the #1 ranked in state varsity girls basketball team by 45 in a scrimmage. Our scrubs even played most of the game. But very surprising to hear in soccer because it feels like need for top flight athleticism is mitigated by craftiness.

I believe your story wholeheartedly because my 9th grade team did the same thing. The girls team at my HS won the state championship. We held them to two baskets in a scrimmage and we are definition of average. I played pickup hoops with the third all-time scorer at my University. Any decent athlete with starting high school skills held her in check.

It is the reason I can't watch women's basketball. It is dreadfully boring and slow paced compared to the men's game. The school would held double-headers and the men's game afterwards looked like lightning in comparison.

redfan
07-03-2019, 07:15 AM
These ladies make my blood pressure rise. What a game!! Beautiful header by Morgan!!
On to the final!!

redfan
07-03-2019, 07:19 AM
Oh, and that Alyssa Naeher crushed England's souls. Amazing save!!

BigRedChief
07-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Heck yeah ladies. WOO-HOO!!!!Stars and Stripes representing.

****ing up England in July! MURICA~!
USA!
Well, the land of my ancestors gave it their best shot.Traitor!:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
07-03-2019, 05:10 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our Morgan &gt; Your Morgan <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USAvENG?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#USAvENG</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ENGUSA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ENGUSA</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFAWWC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FIFAWWC</a> <a href="https://t.co/4YNRJA9Pau">pic.twitter.com/4YNRJA9Pau</a></p>&mdash; Tom Brady is not a system QB (@DailySports_1) <a href="https://twitter.com/DailySports_1/status/1146143580286857221?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz
07-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Of course they lost.

Next time they should play Sporting KC to build their confidence, it seems anybody can beat SKC.

Munson
07-07-2019, 08:30 AM
The World Cup final starts in 30 minutes.

USA vs Netherlands.

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 08:35 AM
The World Cup final starts in 30 minutes.

USA vs Netherlands.

Hell yeah... I'll go back to loving the Netherlands as soon as we're done kicking their asses. Hell, even if they beat us, but for the time we're playing them, fuck the Netherlands...

Munson
07-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Fox just gave a shout out to KC, and showed a live shot of Power & Light.

That place is packed!

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Potentially a great day for US soccer, all the way around.

07-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Power and Light just got a call out. Cool

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-07-2019, 09:00 AM
The men better beat Mexico.

If the women must win, I hope Trump immediately tweets an invitation to the ungrateful witches.

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Power and Light just got a call out. Cool

Indeed... VERY cool...

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Let's go ladies...

Skyy God
07-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Let's go ladies...

Come on our girls.....

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 09:16 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Are you serious, Kansas City?! ����<br><br>Let&#39;s get four, <a href="https://twitter.com/USWNT?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@uswnt</a>! ����⭐️<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFAWWC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FIFAWWC</a> // <a href="https://twitter.com/KC2026WorldCup?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KC2026WorldCup</a> <a href="https://t.co/HiIO4IxmnT">pic.twitter.com/HiIO4IxmnT</a></p>&mdash; Sporting KC (@SportingKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/1147878782751170560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 09:23 AM
No goals, but so far we're looking pretty awesome... Let's just hope we keep it in their half...

07-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Elbow in the back is called but an elbow in the back knocking them to the ground is not. The hell?

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Can't find a stream to save my life, fuck it.

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 09:41 AM
US not getting calls.... Wow!!!

Munson
07-07-2019, 09:42 AM
The last few minutes have been pretty exciting.

07-07-2019, 09:42 AM
US not getting calls.... Wow!!!Sipping tea didn't help.

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 09:43 AM
I hope this official watches her own performance at the half. She's not called a good game.

EDIT: So far...

07-07-2019, 09:45 AM
I hope this official watches her own performance at the half. She's not called a good game.

EDIT: So far...It's getting a little ridiculous.

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Pretty good half. Dutch goalie is playing well. Little hairy there the last minute. Officiating has been questionable at best

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 10:04 AM
ANother shout-out for KC. ~10K people at P&L... Nice..

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Wow, we are getting jobbed by this officiating crew. They draw blood and this crew turns a blind eye..

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Shit. May have to use another injury sub already.

RunKC
07-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Rapinoe looks slow. Clearly still injured

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Again....

This lady calling the game is terrible...

Munson
07-07-2019, 10:18 AM
How did we not get a call for the high kick?

Munson
07-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Oh shit, we do get the penalty kick!

Munson
07-07-2019, 10:20 AM
GOAL USA!!!!!!!!

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Woot...

And it still took the VAR people to fix the on-field official's no-call against the U.S...

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Gooooooooooaaaaaallllll

kstater
07-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Glad var got that right. Was clear as day that was a card

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carcosa
07-07-2019, 10:23 AM
He'll yeah rapinoe

ChiliConCarnage
07-07-2019, 10:27 AM
That was a pretty scary run by the Netherlands a couple minutes ago

Munson
07-07-2019, 10:28 AM
GOAL USA!!!!

2-0

Bwana
07-07-2019, 10:28 AM
Oh......BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Hell to the yeah!!! Woot... You go ladies...

Why Not?
What a goal!!!! That should do it

RunKC
That was a beautiful play and amazing shot. Wow

Munson
07-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Morgan missed a golden opportunity to make it 3-0.

KC_Connection
07-07-2019, 10:31 AM
At least this tournament wasn't decided on another soft penalty.

Bob Dole
07-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Woot...

And it still took the VAR people to fix the on-field official's no-call against the U.S...

I’m not a real fan, but the officiating has seemed pretty sketchy.

redfan
07-07-2019, 10:41 AM
Lovely Lavelle!! Great goal!!

ghak99
07-07-2019, 10:52 AM
They should just show close ups of Morgan until this is over.

Munson
07-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Game over!

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 10:58 AM
And MORE props for KC... LOVE IT!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3osxYcwi3hCVbzNYqY/giphy.gif

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Don’t know much about soccer but it looks like the European team came out and played tough. USA wasn’t ready for the physical in your face play.
2nd half they made adjustments and the USA’s superior athletic talent won the game?
Am I close?

ChiliConCarnage
07-07-2019, 11:03 AM
wtg Ladies!

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Don’t know much about soccer but it looks like the European team came out and played tough. USA wasn’t ready for the physical in your face play.
2nd half they made adjustments and the USA’s superior athletic talent won the game?
Am I close?

Ish. Dutch goalie made some great stops and got a lucky bounce or two, plus crap officiating. Easily could’ve been at least 2-0 at the half.

GloryDayz
07-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Am I close?

Pretty close. The Dutch definitely played to the level the official on the field allowed them to play to (but just them), so they did get to be very physical.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-07-2019, 11:19 AM
When do they play the 15 year old team?

redfan
07-07-2019, 11:52 AM
Well done, ladies. What a ride!!

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Well done, ladies. What a ride!!are they getting a parade or is that only for men’s teams?

Deberg_1990
07-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Great job ladies!

Begs the question,

Why is the US women’s soccer so dominate and the US men’s suck?

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Great job ladies!

Begs the question,

Why is the US women’s soccer so dominate and the US men’s suck?

Pretty easy, and likely to change with a generation of interest in WWC.

The rest of the world has the advantage of concentrating on soccer. So soccer at the highest level is the lifelong passion of the rest of the world's best athletes [men]. US men have basketball, football and baseball where they can get just as rich and famous, moreso.

US Men's soccer doesn't so much 'suck' as it's not as refined as the rest of the world. They don't draw the best athletes and have struggled to draw the best strategists to train them. Considering the competition for skilled athletes from other sports, we're somewhat fortunate soccer has gained as much as it has.

United States has/had the advantage of concentrating on women's sports. So in all of women's sports, United States soccer players had a generation where they were the most passionate and had the most resources.

Heck, some of the national teams back in the 90s were just barely a step above rec leagues you'd find in the US.

We'll see if the advantage persists.

Setsuna
07-07-2019, 12:49 PM
So I was watching a YT video of Undisputed and got this Nike ad. What is this actually?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d6xKv36xHiM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 12:53 PM
So I was watching a YT video of Undisputed and got this Nike ad. What is this actually?

I think that's what you call . . . slow your roll, sis.

Setsuna
07-07-2019, 02:33 PM
I think that's what you call . . . slow your roll, sis.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Deberg_1990
07-07-2019, 02:55 PM

The rest of the world has the advantage of concentrating on soccer. So soccer at the highest level is the lifelong passion of the rest of the world's best athletes [men]. US men have basketball, football and baseball where they can get just as rich and famous, moreso.

US Men's soccer doesn't so much 'suck' as it's not as refined as the rest of the world. They don't draw the best athletes and have struggled to draw the best strategists to train them. Considering the competition for skilled athletes from other sports, we're somewhat fortunate soccer has gained as much as it has.

United States has/had the advantage of concentrating on women's sports. So in all of women's sports, United States soccer players had a generation where they were the most passionate and had the most resources.

Heck, some of the national teams back in the 90s were just barely a step above rec leagues you'd find in the US.

Interesting take. Makes a lot of sense

Hammock Parties
07-07-2019, 02:58 PM
waiting for the photoshops

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-5qkm0UEAEeKsL.jpg

Iowanian
07-07-2019, 02:59 PM
I always want the US to win at everything, but I'm as meh about this as I could be.

I'm anxious to see the resolve of the ideals of these ladies when ladybois take their spots on the team next time around.

vailpass
07-07-2019, 03:01 PM
waiting for the photoshops

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-5qkm0UEAEeKsL.jpg

LMAO only question is what color will it be and will there be more than one of them.

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 03:06 PM
KC loves America.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The crowd in Kansas City is SERIOUS 🇺🇸 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFAWWC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FIFAWWC</a> <br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/SportingKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@sportingKC</a>)<a href="https://t.co/W5pgt4lE62">pic.twitter.com/W5pgt4lE62</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1147900363099344896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Looks like they are having a good time at the power and light.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸 <br>🇺🇸 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KC2026?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KC2026</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KC2026WorldCup?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KC2026WorldCup</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SportingKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SportingKC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/VisitKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@VisitKC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SportKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SportKC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kcstreetcar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kcstreetcar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KCPLDistrict?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCPLDistrict</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NoOtherPub?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NoOtherPub</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/fox4kc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@fox4kc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TLMDPR?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TLMDPR</a> <a href="https://t.co/LhagRRFdRI">pic.twitter.com/LhagRRFdRI</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Live! (@KCLiveBlock) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCLiveBlock/status/1147906295028166658?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

limested
07-07-2019, 03:20 PM

Sorry but the USMNT does suck. We have two, maybe three above average players and the rest would be lucky to be third string on any team you think of being good worldwide.

The women’s team is the best in the world and much better than in the 90’s but the level of soccer is still below even the last place team in the MLS.

They have played U15 and U16 boys academy teams and were not competitive at all.

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Altidore and Pulisic are explosive right about now

displacedinMN
07-07-2019, 07:35 PM
KC loves America.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The crowd in Kansas City is SERIOUS 🇺🇸 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FIFAWWC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FIFAWWC</a> <br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/SportingKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@sportingKC</a>)<a href="https://t.co/W5pgt4lE62">pic.twitter.com/W5pgt4lE62</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1147900363099344896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Had to watch it where I was. Surprised at the number of shots of the P and L area. Wonder why KC and not other areas?

KChiefs1
07-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Looks like they are having a good time at the power and light.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ANOTHER ONE!!!!!! [emoji631][emoji631] <br>[emoji631] <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KC2026?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KC2026</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KC2026WorldCup?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KC2026WorldCup</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SportingKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SportingKC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/VisitKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@VisitKC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SportKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SportKC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kcstreetcar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kcstreetcar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KCPLDistrict?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCPLDistrict</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NoOtherPub?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NoOtherPub</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/fox4kc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@fox4kc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TLMDPR?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TLMDPR</a> <a href="https://t.co/LhagRRFdRI">pic.twitter.com/LhagRRFdRI</a></p>— Kansas City Live! (@KCLiveBlock) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCLiveBlock/status/1147906295028166658?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They always show the P&L during these soccer games.

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Bradley still managing quality service.

KChiefs1
07-07-2019, 07:41 PM
I always want the US to win at everything, but I'm as meh about this as I could be.

I'm anxious to see the resolve of the ideals of these ladies when ladybois take their spots on the team next time around.

I can’t wait to root for the Trans America team!

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Front line movement is greatly improved. Finishing still needs work.

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Cracking chance. Again with a mediocre finish.

tredadda
07-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Great job by the women’s team. Now they will celebrate for a couple of weeks and before the players and women’s professional soccer become irrelevant for another four years.

RetiredSeniorChief
07-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Seriously, who the hell watches this shit?

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Looks like this is doubling as the Gold Cup thread. Apparently you’d need to shank someone to get a yellow card in this match.

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 08:25 PM
That's weird, the 2nd half kickoff was improper. 1 guy in the circle, kicks it backward.

Had to check the rules, FIFA still requires the ball go forward on kickoff and the first kicker cannot touch again until someone else does.

Technical point, but it's still a rule.

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Hell of a save by that Mexican defender.

Baby Lee
07-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Ill-considered challenge.

Deberg_1990
07-07-2019, 08:40 PM
They have played U15 and U16 boys academy teams and were not competitive at all.

Link?

Why Not?
07-07-2019, 08:47 PM
That was coming for awhile.

kcxiv
07-07-2019, 08:48 PM
Yeah MX was putting a ton of pressure. It had to break sooner or later.

BigRedChief
07-07-2019, 09:23 PM
are they getting a parade or is that only for men’s teams?guess they do get a parade.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">YES YES YES YES!<br><br>To our 2019 World Cup Champion <a href="https://twitter.com/USWNT?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@USWNT</a>: you have inspired the entire country — and New York City knows how to celebrate champions. We’ll see you Wednesday at 9:30 AM for the Ticker Tape Parade down the Canyon of Heroes. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OneNationOneTeam?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OneNationOneTeam</a> <a href="https://t.co/bwCEoJYg3r">pic.twitter.com/bwCEoJYg3r</a></p>&mdash; Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1147912471916810242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ghak99
07-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Apparently, KC is the #2 market in the country for women's soccer. Guess it would explain why P&L crowd gets all the attention.

cooper barrett
07-07-2019, 09:46 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">here&#39;s better quality <a href="https://t.co/pecoFWGjMg">pic.twitter.com/pecoFWGjMg</a></p>&mdash; Sara Pearl (@skenigsberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1147923363169480706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote>

cooper barrett
07-07-2019, 10:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ut2DhUX0Pvo?controls=0&amp;start=7" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://i.postimg.cc/XNFt8VqK/soccer.gif

07-08-2019, 12:00 AM
Seriously, who the hell watches this shit?

I don't understand how people can't find enjoyment in soccer. Its not a sport I'll watch much of, but when I do, I always enjoy it.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-08-2019, 05:48 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">here&#39;s better quality <a href="https://t.co/pecoFWGjMg">pic.twitter.com/pecoFWGjMg</a></p>&mdash; Sara Pearl (@skenigsberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1147923363169480706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote>

If the fans had yelled "**** Obama" during his presidency, the media would be up in arms.

The double standards are staggering. Same goes for players skipping the White House trip.

Baby Lee
07-08-2019, 07:32 AM
If the fans had yelled "**** Obama" during his presidency, the media would be up in arms.

The double standards are staggering. Same goes for players skipping the White House trip.

They lynched an effing rodeo clown and still weep and moan about what the evil rodeo clown forced them into.

New World Order
07-08-2019, 07:36 AM

Ah don't worry about it

Trump has the White House. They can have the athlete snowflakes and a few screaming imbeciles.

loochy
07-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Link?

Apparently it was reported on the FC Dallas website, but was quickly removed after the lolz.<br />

https://www.90min.com/posts/4833646-some-people-think-it-s-funny-that-the-usa-women-s-national-team-were-apparently-beaten-by-u15-boys

Skyy God
07-08-2019, 07:43 AM

Sorry you’re butthurt, snowflake.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2019, 08:29 AM

At some point, the US must must must split up the usmnt from MLS. Total greedbag move. The MLS wants to make money for their league. They fight like hell to keep their best players in the MLS because they don't want great talent to make money for another league. Fuck that. If you see an elite talent at a young age, send him to Europe. I would rather have a great national team than a great D-league soccer talent.

Mecca
07-08-2019, 08:33 AM
At some point, the US must must must split up the usmnt from MLS. Total greedbag move. The MLS wants to make money for their league. They fight like hell to keep their best players in the MLS because they don't want great talent to make money for another league. Fuck that. If you see an elite talent at a young age, send him to Europe. I would rather have a great national team than a great D-league soccer talent.

Good luck with that.....

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2019, 08:35 AM
I don't understand how people can't find enjoyment in soccer. Its not a sport I'll watch much of, but when I do, I always enjoy it.

Agreed. And that goes for women's soccer too. It's not like the wnba where the talent level can be cringeworthy. These games are actually competitive and fun to watch. And some like Alex Morgan are fun on the eyes too. In some ways, it's even better because there isn't a ton of obvious flopping. Thought yesterday's uswnt final was about as flop free as you'll see in soccer.

sedated
07-08-2019, 08:37 AM
At some point, the US must must must split up the usmnt from MLS. Total greedbag move. The MLS wants to make money for their league. They fight like hell to keep their best players in the MLS because they don't want great talent to make money for another league. **** that. If you see an elite talent at a young age, send him to Europe. I would rather have a great national team than a great D-league soccer talent.

Is it the MLS that is fighting like hell to have the talented American players? From what I've heard, it's more of an issue with the players 1) wanting to play at home and 2) the players preferring to be starters on an average team rather than a back-up on a great team.

Mecca
07-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Is it the MLS that is fighting like hell to have the talented American players? From what I've heard, it's more of an issue with the players 1) wanting to play at home and 2) the players preferring to be starters on an average team rather than a back-up on a great team.

Klinsmann took a ton of heat for encouraging guys to go play overseas, it's one of the things that got him fired.

There is absolutely a link of players being encouraged to not go play overseas from the higher ups.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Good luck with that.....

The outrage over another few years of bad usmnt teams will outweigh the financial success of a pro soccer D league. If there's anything that could beat money, it's embarrassing the country. They hired another MLS croney to head up SUM but id have to think he's hanging by a very thin thread if he thinks continuing our current model is a formula for success.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Klinsmann took a ton of heat for encouraging guys to go play overseas, it's one of the things that got him fired.

There is absolutely a link of players being encouraged to not go play overseas from the higher ups.

Yup. Not only that, but unless you're really really good, many players are skipped over or blackballed if they choose not to grow in the US system. It's totally a financial money grab. They know that the deeper the pipeline of talented players, the better the quality of the MLS product. Some might argue that that's helped grow the money to invest in soccer development leagues. But there isn't a doubt that it's big time hurting player development. It's like expecting dirk nowitsky or Luka doncic to be a great basketball player by playing in a Europe basketball league.

Merde Furieux
07-08-2019, 08:58 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

Mecca
07-08-2019, 09:02 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

That's not that surprising if you want to be honest...right now the Women's game is purely about athletics. Watch how they play, the US women win games because they are bigger, faster and more athletic than the teams they play.

But on that same token they for the most part aren't going to have that advantage over some athletic boys in their mid teens.

limested
07-08-2019, 09:05 AM
That's weird, the 2nd half kickoff was improper. 1 guy in the circle, kicks it backward.

Had to check the rules, FIFA still requires the ball go forward on kickoff and the first kicker cannot touch again until someone else does.

Technical point, but it's still a rule.You are wrong. Ball can be played backwards since June 2018.

New World Order
07-08-2019, 09:12 AM
This is how much we need football (real football).

We’re actually arguing about women’s sports

Think about that for a second

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2019, 10:07 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Morgan is celebrating all over the rest of the world <a href="https://t.co/UgSRWQtshq">pic.twitter.com/UgSRWQtshq</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1147938325325590530?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 7, 2019</a></blockquote>

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2019, 10:09 AM
This is how much we need football (real football).

We’re actually arguing about women’s sports

Think about that for a second

Imagine being this worked up about it that you would go to a thread for a sport you don't watch and feel the need to comment on it. There are plenty of people who find soccer interesting.

New World Order
07-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Imagine being this worked up about it that you would go to a thread for a sport you don't watch and feel the need to comment on it. There are plenty of people who find soccer interesting.

I did watch the game and I normally watch the men’s World Cup.

Baby Lee
07-08-2019, 10:47 AM
You are wrong. Ball can be played backwards since June 2018.

Is that a localized rule change, or what?

Unless the website I saw was outdated, FIFA rules still contained forward progress and no 2nd touch provisions.

limested
07-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Is that a localized rule change, or what?

Unless the website I saw was outdated, FIFA rules still contained forward progress and no 2nd touch provisions.

FIFA does not write the laws of the game. The IFAB does.

For every kick-off:
• all players, except the player taking the kick-off, must be in their own half of the field of play
• the opponents of the team taking the kick-off must be at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play
• the ball must be stationary on the centre mark
• the referee gives a signal
• the ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves
• a goal may be scored directly against the opponents from the kick-off; if the ball directly enters the kicker’s goal, a corner kick is awarded to the opponents