PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Spags Screwed the Team

T-post Tom
10-27-2019, 09:29 PM
(Less angry edit. Blood pressure recovering.) Have to make game-time adjustments. Make that stop on 3rd and 5...& your offense gets a chance. Einstein was right: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” If the RB is burning your LBs over and over again, do something different. Please do better next time, Coach Spags. Sorry I was cross.

Hugs & Kisses,

❤ Trading Post Tom ❤

Addendum:

KC had 6 DBs on the field. GB had 5 receivers including the A.Jones (RB) lined up wide right. Packers were obviously hoping he would get lined up with a LB based on his destruction of the Chiefs’ LBs prior to this play. The Packers got what they wanted. The Chiefs lined up 4 DBs on the other 4 receivers… but with two other safeties on the field, Spags elected to put the LB on the hottest player of the night, Aaron Jones. Where were the other two safeties? Sorenson and Thornhill were playing 2 deep. YES, Spags chose to keep Sorenson and Thornhill deep and put ****ing Ben Niemann on the Packers best receiver of the night, on a critical 3rd and 5. AR noticed it immediately and audibled at the line: like he just won the ****ing lottery and couldn’t believe it. Jones went in motion and confirmed the single man coverage. Ball is snapped. All four of the DBs on the line jam their receivers. Not Niemann. No he’s playing soft. Soft on the Packers’ hottest receiver with AR throwing the ****ing ball. AR nearly stared A. Jones down once the ball was snapped. It was his first and only read. FIRST DOWN! GAME OVER! Sorenson and Thornhill were reduced to eye candy.

I’m happy for the sacks and other improvements on the defense. Damn glad Sutton is gone. But the defensive coaches can’t make this kind of mistake at critical points of the game and expect to win championships. It’s inexcusable at this level. I hope they learn from this and don’t make the same mistake again.

TLO
10-27-2019, 09:30 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'M ANGRY!! YEAH!!!!

FloridaMan88
Spags made the call to punt on that 4th and 3?

T-post Tom

Wrong answer.

Titty Meat
The linebackers suck ASS

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Spags allowed 24 points

mr. tegu
You misspelled McCoy.

TLO
10-27-2019, 09:31 PM
**** OFF.

YEAHHHHHH!

RunKC
What do you want him to do? They went empty which means 5 receivers. 4 of those were a WR or TE.

He had no choice

T-post Tom
YEAHHHHHH!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Thank you for your support.

lewdog
10-27-2019, 09:32 PM
He's at least blitzing and has a better scheme than grandpa Sutton.

Too bad the defensive roster is still shit.

petegz28
get
the
fuck
out
of
here

This defense played great tonight

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
We allowed 31 points. Defense deserves blame

T-post Tom
10-27-2019, 09:33 PM
get
the
out
of
here

FUCK OFF.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
get
the
out
of
here

31 points!! 31!!

notorious
get
the
out
of
here

Great?

No.

Good enough?

Yep.

petegz28

14 of those points came off of passes that fall incomplete 9 out of 10 times

bobbything
Defense + McCoy fumble + Reid telling the d to get the ball back lost the game. Just fucking awful all around.

I eagerly await Clay’s opus tomorrow when he tells everyone that the defense is good

BWillie
10-27-2019, 09:34 PM

When you watched the game you can see the defense is making strides though. Rodgers made a few really nice throws. The real only gripe I have on the defense is how they defended the RB 66 yard TD. Other than they didn't do a bad job. Shady's fumble was a true momentum killer.

RickObie
get
the
out
of
here

You’re hilarious.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Evil spoor needs outlet
Jackit to Travis Kelsey eyes
bitch

Jimmya
10-27-2019, 09:35 PM
You don't have an extra dB in that moment to come in and play man coverage? Wow

NJChiefsFan

Cause blame can only be placed on one person or play.....

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Spags sucks again

RickObie
10-27-2019, 09:36 PM
14 of those points came off of passes that fall incomplete 9 out of 10 times

We say that shit every week.

FloridaMan88
Did anyone think the Chiefs were ever going to see the ball again after Andy’s gutless 4th and 3 punt call?

Get on Spags all you want for the LB on RB mismatch, but Andy ultimately lost the game on that 4th and 3.

Dayze
We have vastly different meanings of the word great

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Aaron Jones has 159 yards receiving!! 159 to a Running Back!! We ain’t beating Pats at all

mr. tegu
Great?

No.

Good enough?

Yep.

Exactly. It was 17-17 and we had the ball with about six minutes left in the third. We were in control. If we score there and are up 7 then their offense has to completely change and likely doesn’t score two more TDs. As soon as that fumble happened the circumstances basically meant we weren’t going to win without a Packers turnover because it became incredibly unlikely that we were going to have the ball with a chance to take the lead.

rabblerouser

Nah, but Andy Reid hired Spags, which means he's a terrible head football coach.

FAX
Two of the luckiest throws I've ever seen in my life won this game for the Puckers.

The fumble didn't help. Neither did Matt the Flat. Neither did the fact that we completely ran out of d-linemen. Neither did the fact that Honey Blather blew his assignment on an outside run when we had the enemy backed up.

Still ... we have a comfortable lead in the division and there's lots more football stuff to play.

Go Training Staff!!!

FAX

bobbything
10-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Defense played great for one quarter.

SupDock
10-27-2019, 09:38 PM
I thought the D looked better. Didn't expect to be in this game at all. The time management needs to be taken from Reid. How often do we say this? And that's twice you punt the ball and don't get it back. The whole stadium knew the punt was conceding the game

Deberg_1990
They are playing better but still not good enough.

Dartgod
The defense was fine. Rodgers completed two prayers when he was about to get smoked that led to 14 points.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Yep our defense did great guys!! Only let Aaron Jones a running back to have 159 yards receiving

FloridaMan88
10-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Nah, but Andy Reid hired Spags, which means he's a terrible head football coach.

The defense is mediocre... especially without three starters. That’s not news.

That’s why you don’t punt the ball on 4th and 3 and put that defense back on the field against Aaron Rodgers.

But Andy keeps managing the game as if his shit defense has better odds at getting a stop than converting on 4th and 3.

Beyond stupid.

Redbled
10-27-2019, 09:41 PM
Run D was a real bright spot. One big run will jack up the stats but it’s much improved in that department. Neiman was beat like a rag doll all night.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Good grief, guys. I have been plenty critical of spags. We made a lot of stops and made it a hard night for an elite qb with 3 key starters missing. This is exactly the kind of defense that can win for mahomes. And it damn almost won the game for our 3rd stringer.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Good grief, guys. I have been plenty critical of spags. We made a lot of stops and made it a hard night for an elite qb with 3 key starters missing. This is exactly the kind of defense that can win for mahomes. And it damn almost won the game for our 3rd stringer.

Bruh Aaron Jones a RB had 159 yards receiving!! But yea our Defense played great!!

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 09:45 PM
The defense is mediocre... especially without three starters. That’s not news.

That’s why you don’t punt the ball on 4th and 3 and put that defense back on the field against Aaron Rodgers.

But Andy keeps managing the game as if his shit defense has better odds at getting a stop than converting on 4th and 3.

Beyond stupid.

In order....
Mccoy fumble
Butker missed fg
Andy not having balls on 4th down

Dropped passes

Defense

Matt Moore

tk13
10-27-2019, 09:46 PM
Rodgers kind of had him by the onions there at the end.

There is a 100% chance if Spags put extra DBs out on the field to prepare for that option, Rodgers probably changes the formation and checks into a run play and Jones rips off one of those 10 yard gashing runs.

That's what you get when you face these truly elite-elite guys like Rodgers and Brady. You saw it tonight. They will absolutely find your weakness and check to a play that exploits it.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 09:47 PM
Bruh Aaron Jones a RB had 159 yards receiving!! But yea our Defense played great!!

It's almost as if we played an elite offense.

We need to make an adjustment to stop giving Aaron Jones so much cushion. But it's hardly the reason we lost. Doesn't erase the good we did on D.

Dartgod
10-27-2019, 09:47 PM
In order....
Mccoy fumble
Butker missed fg

Dropped passes

Defense

Matt Moore
This man know what he is talking about. The rest of you are fucking morons.

The defense gave us a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. Did any of you honestly believe that was possible?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 09:48 PM
I’m glad we don’t have HFA tbh because we do better on the road

stevieray
The defense was fine. Rodgers completed two prayers when he was about to get smoked that led to 14 points.

Moore overthrew Kelce twice in the EZ.

I agree, we'll be fine.

MahiMike
LOL

chiefzilla1501
Rodgers kind of had him by the onions there at the end.

There is a 100% chance if Spags put extra DBs out on the field to prepare for that option, Rodgers probably changes the formation and checks into a run play and Jones rips off one of those 10 yard gashing runs.

That's what you get when you face these truly elite-elite guys like Rodgers and Brady. You saw it tonight. They will absolutely find your weakness and check to a play that exploits it.

Rodgers is an elite qb and has become a great 2 minute qb.

It's almost as if a team would want to not give him the ball back to ice the game.

petegz28
10-27-2019, 09:49 PM
Rodgers is an elite qb and has become a great 2 minute qb.

It's almost as if a team would want to not give him the ball back to ice the game.

Yeah, punting was stupid, I agree.

Dartgod
Moore overthrew Kelce twice in the EZ.

I agree, we'll be fine.

True. I can't remember, was the first one on the missed FG drive?

Cosmos
Great?

No.

Good enough?

Yep.

Yep, this.

ThyKingdomCome15
10-27-2019, 09:50 PM
Quit being a bitch.

Aaron Rogers went all out Mahomes and took that game. Packers earned it. Matt Moore did pretty good.

mr. tegu
10-27-2019, 09:51 PM
True. I can't remember, was the first one on the missed FG drive?

We got the short field goal on the first one.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 09:54 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aaron Rodgers was effective in the most difficult situations in tonight&#39;s win (by Completion Pct Above Expectation):<br><br>Under Pressure: +35.8%<br>Outside Numbers: +12.9%<br>Tight Windows: +12.7%<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GBvsKC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GBvsKC</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoPackGo?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoPackGo</a> <a href="https://t.co/inCuASMooF">pic.twitter.com/inCuASMooF</a></p>&mdash; Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1188664625413275649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

threebag
10-27-2019, 09:54 PM
Ward had a good night

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 09:55 PM
Quit being a bitch.

Aaron Rogers went all out Mahomes and took that game. Packers earned it. Matt Moore did pretty good.

The 2nd TD he threw was nasty.

All you can do is throw your hands up. You can't defend it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 09:56 PM
You know who didn’t have a good night? Hitchens and Niemann. Veach better make a trade for a coverage Linebacker by Tuesday

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 09:57 PM

They weren't prayers.

Rodgers is good at football, not lucky.

This is the same shit people say when Mahomes makes those same types of plays. It's not luck dude. He's good.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 09:58 PM
They weren't prayers.

This is the same shit people say when Mahomes makes those same types of plays. It's not luck dude. He's good.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aaron Rodgers was effective in the most difficult situations in tonight&#39;s win (by Completion Pct Above Expectation):<br><br>Under Pressure: +35.8%<br>Outside Numbers: +12.9%<br>Tight Windows: +12.7%<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GBvsKC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GBvsKC</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoPackGo?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoPackGo</a> <a href="https://t.co/inCuASMooF">pic.twitter.com/inCuASMooF</a></p>&mdash; Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1188664625413275649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 09:58 PM
You know who didn’t have a good night? Hitchens and Niemann. Veach better make a trade for a coverage Linebacker by Tuesday

No ****ing linebacker can cover that shit. Don't put them in that situation.

Especially when the other team is KILLING YOU with it. Adjust. The D did good outside of this oversight, but it was extremely costly.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 10:01 PM
They weren't prayers.

The 42 yarder was a great pass but one hell of a catch. I agree that the touchdown pass looked like it was supposed to be a throwaway.

oldman
10-27-2019, 10:02 PM
In order....
Mccoy fumble
Butker missed fg

Dropped passes

Defense

Matt Moore

One more item is 2 of the luckiest throws I've seen in a long time.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-27-2019, 10:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid on decision to punt with 5:14 left: Some of it was momentum. Said the defense had been playing well through the night and had confidence in them. Says he thought it was the right thing to do at the time, but it didn’t work out.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1188664638080204800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:05 PM
One more item is 2 of the luckiest throws I've seen in a long time.

Are they lucky when Mahomes does it, or are they only lucky when Rodgers does them against the Chiefs?

I'd like to know if both are good or if both are just lucky.

The throw to back corner was NOT lucky. It was incredible. Rodgers is good at football.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 10:08 PM
Are they lucky when Mahomes does it, or are they only lucky when Rodgers does them against the Chiefs?

I'd like to know if both are good or if both are just lucky.

Mahomes has thrown that 42 yd prayer ball before. So yes, agree that that wasn't any luckier than mahomes has done.

I really don't think that sideline td pass was intentional. It felt like either a throwaway or he overthrew Graham. But yeah he's had those before, like when he maybe overthrew hunt vs the Pats and tyreek ended with a TD.

It doesn't take away Rodgers greatness. But that pass felt pretty lucky to me.

GoHuge
10-27-2019, 10:09 PM
get
the
out
of
here

31 is great? What are you the new Minister of Propaganda? Get the fuck outta here with your stupid ass

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Mahomes has thrown that 42 yd prayer ball before. So yes, agree that that wasn't any luckier than mahomes has done.

I really don't think that sideline td pass was intentional. It felt like either a throwaway or he overthrew Graham. But yeah he's had those before, like when he maybe overthrew hunt vs the Pats and tyreek ended with a TD.

It doesn't take away Rodgers greatness. But that pass felt pretty lucky to me.

He literally threw it right at the pylon. If nobody was there he probably would have knocked it over.

Qb's practice throwing to that spot.

It was a perfectly accurate pass made on the run while being under major duress (and maybe even in the defenders grip).

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:15 PM
31 is great? What are you the new Minister of Propaganda? Get the **** outta here with your stupid ass

They didn't play 'great', but they missed fewer tackles and made the Packers work far harder than they've made teams work most of the season.

Not a lot of QB's can make the plays Rodgers did against us. Wilson. Watson is rapidly getting there after that crazy shit he did against the raiders after being kicked in the eye.

kysirsoze
10-27-2019, 10:18 PM
Exactly. It was 17-17 and we had the ball with about six minutes left in the third. We were in control. If we score there and are up 7 then their offense has to completely change and likely doesn’t score two more TDs. As soon as that fumble happened the circumstances basically meant we weren’t going to win without a Packers turnover because it became incredibly unlikely that we were going to have the ball with a chance to take the lead.

And yet we DID have the ball with a chance to take the lead and we punted on 4th and 3.

TEX
10-27-2019, 10:52 PM
And yet we DID have the ball with a chance to take the lead and we punted on 4th and 3.

And THAT is called "Playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win." To win a game like tonight, under the circumstances, you must play to win. It was the wrong decision..

kysirsoze
10-27-2019, 10:54 PM
And THAT is called "Playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win." To win a game like tonight, under the circumstances, you must play to win. It was the wrong decision..

When they punted I almost turned the game off. It was the end. What sucks is if we had gone for it and scored a td, Reid would have kicked it to tie and we would have lost anyway so I guess who cares?

Hammock Parties
10-27-2019, 10:55 PM
Aaron Jones has 159 yards receiving!! 159 to a Running Back!! We ain’t beating Pats at all

The Pats don't have an Aaron Jones.

TEX
10-27-2019, 10:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid on decision to punt with 5:14 left: Some of it was momentum. Said the defense had been playing well through the night and had confidence in them. Says he thought it was the right thing to do at the time, but it didn’t work out.</p>&mdash; Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1188664638080204800?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Its NEVER the right thing to do with the Chiefs defense.

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Its NEVER the right thing to do with the Chiefs defense.

That's what I meant in the other thread about him having no feel for momentum.

He was wrong. Their offense had the momentum and the D had been on the field too much in the 2nd half due to a 3 and out and a fumble in the 3rd quarter.

Still, there was no right decision. KC wasn't winning that game after the Packers went up 31-24. It wasn't happening.

TEX
10-27-2019, 10:58 PM
When they punted I almost turned the game off. It was the end. What sucks is if we had gone for it and scored a td, Reid would have kicked it to tie and we would have lost anyway so I guess who cares?

Deal is its exactly what they did against the Texans. Same result. Pathetic.

chiefzilla1501

The good news is... Reid's driven me mad with this but mahomes has waved Reid off a few times on 4th down. Threw a tantrum in one game for Reids horrible clock management to close a half early in the season. And Reid seems to trust mahomes enough by now to take it. The bad news is mahomes has tried to do this battling through a bad ankle. The good news is he ain't missing those on a healthy ankle. So hopefully this stops here.

kysirsoze
The Pats don't have an Aaron Jones.

No they don't, but James White is going to have a game and a half against us.

WhiteWhale
10-27-2019, 10:59 PM
The good news is... Reid's driven me mad with this but mahomes has waved Reid off a few times on 4th down. Threw a tantrum in one game for Reids horrible clock management to close a half early in the season. And Reid seems to trust mahomes enough by now to take it. The bad news is mahomes has tried to do this battling through a bad ankle. The good news is he ain't missing those on a healthy ankle. So hopefully this stops here.

I saw people criticizing Mahomes and calling him a baby saying "he only cares about stats"

No, he was annoyed because he understands clock management in that situation. Mahomes was RIGHT. That's a GOOD sign. McNabb was more clueless than Reid was. Dude didn't know you could tie in the NFL... even though he had ALREADY PLAYED IN A TIE.

kysirsoze
10-27-2019, 11:01 PM

If Mahomes can give Andy some balls, then this could all be fixed. It's the only hope we have really. If he'll really listen when Mahomes insists on being aggressive, then we have a chance.

LongSufferingToady
10-27-2019, 11:01 PM
I thought the defense played their hearts out, but they were on the field too damn long. Five sacks for 49 yards is no small potatoes.

This one sits on the offense, the fumbling running back, and Andy Reid's playcalling. Just absofuckin' horrible.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2019, 11:02 PM
Secondary is improved from last year. Front has looked good recently. Or at the very least passable. And I like that spags is blitzing more.

But the line backers? Blitzing they are affective but in coverage they either are a mile behind in man or are literally running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I'm not sure I can blame the coordinator for scheme when you can't even tell what the scheme was cause the middle of the defense has guys that are lost.

chiefzilla1501
10-27-2019, 11:03 PM
I thought the defense played their hearts out, but they were on the field too damn long. Five sacks for 49 yards is no small potatoes.

This one sits on the offense, the fumbling running back, and Andy Reid's playcalling. Just abso****in' horrible.

Not much issue with Reid's playcalling. Game management... Ugh.

RunKC
10-27-2019, 11:04 PM
Guys Spags has been here for less than a year. He’s had one offseason. You can’t fix everything in one offseason.

It’s clearly our Achilles heal.

Jewish Rabbi
10-27-2019, 11:14 PM

Go bandwagon somewhere else then, you fucking pussy.

Megatron96
10-27-2019, 11:20 PM
Spags called a great game, but the reality is that blitzing Rodgers eventually is going to play into his hands. At some point he's just going to beat the blitz.

And if you blitz at the rate that Spags was, well, that means it's man v man on the backend, and Rodgers will eventually figure out who's open.

But let's give credit where credit is due. The Packers two OTs were considered two of the best, if not the best OTs in the league this season. That offensive line was healthy and they only allowed 5 or 6 sacks all season before playing us. We sacked him 5 times tonight. And hurried him countless times. In the first two-and-a-half quarters our defense held their running game down to about 3 yards/carry. Even at the end, our defense held their RB tandem to under their season average. you know how many times our defense has done that in the last two years? Twice. Last week and this week. And the Packers running game is legit.

And the Chiefs defense was missing Jones and Clark, and I don't think Pennel played tonight. Okafor got hurt and he didn't play the whole game. Breeland hurt his shoulder, and was obviously wincing afterwards. Did I miss anyone?

And what exactly did it take for the Packers to beat us tonight? Aaron Rodgers had to throw two essentially perfect passes to receivers that had to make incredible plays on to score two touchdowns. He misses one, and we're tied. He misses both, and the Chiefs probably win that game.

Now, the LBs couldn't cover 33 tonight at all. But Spags will figure out how to minimize their exposure going forward in the next week or so. And we'll get our starting DL back soon.

kysirsoze
10-27-2019, 11:37 PM
Spags called a great game, but the reality is that blitzing Rodgers eventually is going to play into his hands. At some point he's just going to beat the blitz.

And if you blitz at the rate that Spags was, well, that means it's man v man on the backend, and Rodgers will eventually figure out who's open.

But let's give credit where credit is due. The Packers two OTs were considered two of the best, if not the best OTs in the league this season. That offensive line was healthy and they only allowed 5 or 6 sacks all season before playing us. We sacked him 5 times tonight. And hurried him countless times. In the first two-and-a-half quarters our defense held their running game down to about 3 yards/carry. Even at the end, our defense held their RB tandem to under their season average. you know how many times our defense has done that in the last two years? Twice. Last week and this week. And the Packers running game is legit.

And the Chiefs defense was missing Jones and Clark, and I don't think Pennel played tonight. Okafor got hurt and he didn't play the whole game. Breeland hurt his shoulder, and was obviously wincing afterwards. Did I miss anyone?

And what exactly did it take for the Packers to beat us tonight? Aaron Rodgers had to throw two essentially perfect passes to receivers that had to make incredible plays on to score two touchdowns. He misses one, and we're tied. He misses both, and the Chiefs probably win that game.

Now, the LBs couldn't cover 33 tonight at all. But Spags will figure out how to minimize their exposure going forward in the next week or so. And we'll get our starting DL back soon.

Fuller, too. You're right. The defense is coming together.

Halfcan
10-27-2019, 11:55 PM
The run D could not stop them even when they knew the Pack were going to run the clock to end the game.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 12:16 AM
The run D could not stop them even when they knew the Pack were going to run the clock to end the game.

Jesus, have you ever played football in real life? Not on Madden?

You realize that we only had four guys to play DL all night? How tired do you think a guy is going to get after 55+ plays? They were pretty good against the run until late in the third quarter, and then they ran out of gas.

Hell, up until then they were really pretty good at stopping the run. Good enough that even with the longer runs at the end, they still kept the Packers RBs from running to their season average (something a Chiefs defense hasn't done in two years). In the first half, they held the Packers RBs to about 3 yards/carry. And they did that without Jones or Clark. With a rookie DT. And Okafor not playing at full strength.

And our LBs played really well against the run for most of the game. Ragland stuffed their backs how many times?

Halfcan
10-28-2019, 12:23 AM
Jesus, have you ever played football in real life? Not on Madden?

You realize that we only had four guys to play DL all night? How tired do you think a guy is going to get after 55+ plays? They were pretty good against the run until late in the third quarter, and then they ran out of gas.

Hell, up until then they were really pretty good at stopping the run. Good enough that even with the longer runs at the end, they still kept the Packers RBs from running to their season average (something a Chiefs defense hasn't done in two years). In the first half, they held the Packers RBs to about 3 yards/carry. And they did that without Jones or Clark. With a rookie DT. And Okafor not playing at full strength.

And our LBs played really well against the run for most of the game. Ragland stuffed their backs how many times?

Oh, they were tired- I guess it is okay then. :deevee:

T-post Tom
10-28-2019, 01:47 AM
Spags called a great game...

:facepalm:

A. Jones ran 13 times for 67 yards and caught seven passes for 159 yards and two of Rodgers' three TD tosses. And I can forgive most of that if a LB wasn't covering the RB on the 3rd and 5 conversion that won the game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-28-2019, 01:50 AM
Go bandwagon somewhere else then, you ****ing pussy.

Yea because I point out stats that make me a pussy okaysssss.... our defense was not tonight. Besides the second quarter we were trash.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 02:05 AM
:facepalm:

A. Jones ran 13 times for 67 yards and caught seven passes for 159 yards and two of Rodgers' three TD tosses. And I can forgive most of that if a LB wasn't covering the RB on the 3rd and 5 conversion that won the game.

Jones had one big gain rushing. 15 or 18 yards. His other rushes averaged something 3.5 yards/carry. Their other RB also had one big rush of 15 or so. The rest of his rushes averaged around 3.5 yards/carry. Until late in the third, the Chiefs defense held those two RBs to short gains on the ground. Once they were gassed, well it's going to happen if they're only four guys in the rotation.

RBs receiving yards were a big problem overall. But not really until the second half. It was part of their adjustments. After getting thoroughly whipped in the second quarter. You know, where the Packers managed just 28 yards TOTAL offense for the entire quarter?

And how many stalled drives did our defense come up with tonight? Against a Super Bowl caliber team with Aaron Rodgers?

Look, I'm not saying that Spags called a perfect game. But under the conditions, he called a really good one. And yeah, he gambled with all the blitzes, and he gambled he could put Hitchens on Jones and that the DL could generate enough pressure to force Rodgers to throw a bad pass. It didn't work that time. But that has more to do with who was available than the call or design.

This defense is getting better. Spags showed us a glimpse of what this defense can play like when it's healthy. For the first time in two or more years, the Chiefs defense held a good running game to below their season average.

Our passing defense is ranked in the top 15. 10th or 11th I think. They are a lot better than they were last year. With a bunch of back-ups and rookies starting no less.

You're not seeing the forest for the trees.

T-post Tom
10-28-2019, 04:08 AM
RBs receiving yards were a big problem overall.

Agree. Spags failed to make adjustments when needed and was out-coached when the game was on the line. I'm not taking anything away from the players that played better or the many good decisions made by the coaching staff. Championship teams have coaches that make game time adjustments. Spags failed to do that when it counted most. Rooting for him to learn from his mistakes and do better next time.

Mecca
10-28-2019, 04:50 AM
Everyone knew this would be an issue, I pointed it out a few days ago that the Packers isolate their backs against bad coverage LBs, they've been doing it all year. The Chiefs had to know it was coming because well it's right there on film, it's a staple of their gameplan every week.

Issue is, we have about the worst LBs ever and have no answer for plays like that.

T-post Tom
10-28-2019, 04:52 AM
Everyone knew this would be an issue, I pointed it out a few days ago that the Packers isolate their backs against bad coverage LBs, they've been doing it all year. The Chiefs had to know it was coming because well it's right there on film, it's a staple of their gameplan every week.

Issue is, we have about the worst LBs ever and have no answer for plays like that.

Good call. I've seen multiple teams put a DB on a running back over the years. Was hoping to see it last night. If Spags needs another assistant, you have my vote.

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2019, 05:06 AM
Take away a gimme td on a shady mccoy fumble and the Chiefs gave up 24 to the packers. Which is pretty much what they put up against some very good defenses including Dallas, Minnesota, Broncos, eagles. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. The inability to stop jones in the passing game needs to be addressed. But shouldn't take away from the positives.

Aspengc8
10-28-2019, 06:49 AM
Good call. I've seen multiple teams put a DB on a running back over the years. Was hoping to see it last night. If Spags needs another assistant, you have my vote.

If you are playing man and move a DB on a RB, you would have that LB now cover a WR? Brilliant. It's not Spag's fault that Hitchen's bit on a poorly ran sluggo or missed a tackle on a screen.

Chris Meck
10-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Spags had a good plan.

We got to Rodgers a lot. He did some Rodgers shit and beat us, but he's feeling it this morning.

If you blitz, you leave holes, that's why it's a risk.

We sacked Rodgers 5 times. That's 14 sacks in the last two games. Probably puts us near the NFL lead.

If we were anywhere near healthy, we'd have won that game handily.

Everyone was certain we were going to get spanked; and instead it's a damned close game where if we'd made like two more plays we win it yet everyone's pissed today.

Personally, I'm pretty fucking encouraged. Defense was short handed and got gassed, but many of the younger players are really starting to show up.

Matt Moore showed he's a capable back-up.

We're going to be fine. Let's get healthy for the stretch run.

stumppy
10-28-2019, 07:22 AM
Spags had a good plan.

We got to Rodgers a lot. He did some Rodgers shit and beat us, but he's feeling it this morning.

We sacked Rodgers 5 times. That's 14 sacks in the last two games. Probably puts us near the NFL lead.

Everyone was certain we were going to get spanked; and instead it's a damned close game where if we'd made like two more plays we win it yet everyone's pissed today.

Personally, I'm pretty fucking encouraged. Defense was short handed and got gassed, but many of the younger players are really starting to show up.

That TD pass to the corner of the endzone took a lot of luck. But he made it and that's what counts.

Not only are we missing PM but also several of our best players on both sides of the ball.

Ward showed up last night and had a pretty good game along with a few more of our younger players.

Two weeks in a row we have mauled the opposing QB. One is a statue, one is a HOF'er.

The difference between the L and a W last night came down to a few plays on both sides of the line.

I'm encouraged too. This team looks better than I thought they would right now.

duncan_idaho
10-28-2019, 07:46 AM
Spags had a good plan.

This!

And as good as Brady and White are, I personally think Rodgers and Jones are a lot more dangerous combination.

Jones is much more explosive than White, and he’s a true running threat, too, which means he becomes a matchup nightmare. If you go dime and it isn’t 3rd and forever, Rodgers can check into a run easily and gash you.

And Rodgers is much more dangerous than Brady because of his elusiveness and arm strength.

The Packers were +10 points because of 2 plays that ONLY Rodgers and Mahomes can really make.

If KC can get quick pressure up the middle and do a solid job covering up hot routes like it did last night, that’s a combination that can give Brady some real problems (he also can’t scramble and hurt you like Rodgers, and he isn’t much a passing threat on the move like Rodgers).

Toad
10-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Take away a gimme td on a shady mccoy fumble and the Chiefs gave up 24 to the packers. Which is pretty much what they put up against some very good defenses including Dallas, Minnesota, Broncos, eagles. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. The inability to stop jones in the passing game needs to be addressed. But shouldn't take away from the positives.

Well said. Other than getting burned by LB/RB single isolation, it is encouraging that that this defense is playing much better overall.

morphius
10-28-2019, 09:44 AM
They weren't prayers.

The look on his face watching the replay says that he was shocked the second one was a TD pass.

T-post Tom
10-28-2019, 04:38 PM
If you are playing man and move a DB on a RB, you would have that LB now cover a WR? Brilliant.
What do you want him to do? They went empty which means 5 receivers. 4 of those were a WR or TE. He had no choice

KC had 6 DBs on the field. GB had 5 receivers including the A.Jones (RB) lined up wide right. Packers were obviously hoping he would get lined up with a LB based on his destruction of the Chiefs’ LBs prior to this play. The Packers got what they wanted. The Chiefs lined up 4 DBs on the other 4 receivers… but with two other safeties on the field, Spags elected to put the LB on the hottest player of the night, Aaron Jones. Where were the other two safeties? Sorenson and Thornhill were playing 2 deep. YES, Spags chose to keep Sorenson and Thornhill deep and put ****ing Ben Niemann on the Packers best receiver of the night, on a critical 3rd and 5. AR noticed it immediately and audibled at the line: like he just won the ****ing lottery and couldn’t believe it. Jones went in motion and confirmed the single man coverage. Ball is snapped. All four of the DBs on the line jam their receivers. Not Niemann. No he’s playing soft. Soft on the Packers’ hottest receiver with AR throwing the ****ing ball. AR nearly stared A. Jones down once the ball was snapped. It was his first and only read. FIRST DOWN! GAME OVER! Sorenson and Thornhill were reduced to eye candy.

I’m happy for the sacks and other improvements on the defense. Damn glad Sutton is gone. But the defensive coaches can’t make this kind of mistake at critical points of the game and expect to win championships. It’s inexcusable at this level. I hope they learn from this and don’t make the same mistake again.

No ****ing linebacker can cover that shit. Don't put them in that situation.

Especially when the other team is KILLING YOU with it. Adjust. The D did good outside of this oversight, but it was extremely costly.

Spot on. Rep.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-28-2019, 05:07 PM
get
the
out
of
here

You know we're suffering from a little PTSD when 31 points is considered a "great" defensive performance.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-28-2019, 05:09 PM
Spags allowed 24 points

Who allowed the other 7?

WhiteWhale
10-28-2019, 05:14 PM
The look on his face watching the replay says that he was shocked the second one was a TD pass.

So what? It was a tough throw he made in desperation.

It had ZERO chance of being intercepted. It's not a prayer, it's him putting it in a spot only his guy can get it... and his guy made a great catch. That doesn't make it lucky anymore than 'the catch' was just Joe Montana getting lucky.

I'm sure he was surprised someone caught it. He might have even been surprised he got it just where he wanted it. He probably didn't think "oh, this is a sure thing" when it left his hand. Plus he didn't see it.

Nobody here says this shit when Mahomes does stuff like this, but the guy who's been doing this crap for 10 years got lucky? Sure.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Who allowed the other 7?

No one. Aaron Rodgers made a throw under duress, with a guy literally hanging off of his hips, falling away from the end-zone, that landed in the exact perfect spot for his receiver. Who had to lay out with a defender draped over him to make the catch.

In case you're unsure, that's a perfect throw that Aaron couldn't step into, on the run, to a spot in the back corner of the end-zone to a guy that was covered about as well as he could be covered without actually tackling him. Or being a clone of Deion Sanders.

You can't defense that. No one can.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-28-2019, 05:17 PM
No one. Aaron Rodgers made a throw under duress, with a guy literally hanging off of his hips, falling away from the end-zone, that landed in the exact perfect spot for his receiver. Who had to lay out with a defender draped over him to make the catch.

In case you're unsure, that's a perfect throw that Aaron couldn't step into, on the run, to a spot in the back corner of the end-zone to a guy that was covered about as well as he could be covered without actually tackling him. Or being a clone of Deion Sanders.

You can't defense that. No one can.

Okay. I agree that it was a great play and that the defense played it well. But you can't just pretend it didn't happen and say they only gave up 24 points.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 05:22 PM
So what? It was a tough throw he made in desperation.

It had ZERO chance of being intercepted. It's not a prayer, it's him putting it in a spot only his guy can get it... and his guy made a great catch. That doesn't make it lucky anymore than 'the catch' was just Joe Montana getting lucky.

I'm sure he was surprised someone caught it. He might have even been surprised he got it just where he wanted it. He probably didn't think "oh, this is a sure thing" when it left his hand. Plus he didn't see it.

If he was trying to throw it away, he did a shitty job.

Exactly.

In the post-game presser, Aaron said that he threw it up high for Graham, so that the shorter defender wouldn't have a chance at it. But right before he let it loose, he saw "someone wrapping around behind Jimmy," so Rodgers thought that if he threw it too high for Graham, then hopefully whoever was running along the back of the end-zone would have a chance at catching it.

There's three guys that can make that throw in that situation. Hell, there's just three guys that would even attempt that throw; there isn't anyone else that would even think about it, except maybe Watson, and he's not as accurate as the other three. One of them plays for us, one of them played against us last night, and Russell Wilson.

WhiteWhale
10-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Exactly.

In the post-game presser, Aaron said that he threw it up high for Graham, so that the shorter defender wouldn't have a chance at it. But right before he let it loose, he saw "someone wrapping around behind Jimmy," so Rodgers thought that if he threw it too high for Graham, then hopefully whoever was running along the back of the end-zone would have a chance at catching it.

There's three guys that can make that throw in that situation. Hell, there's just three guys that would even attempt that throw; there isn't anyone else that would even think about it, except maybe Watson, and he's not as accurate as the other three. One of them plays for us, one of them played against us last night, and Russell Wilson.

Watson is getting there. He made an incredible pass for the go-ahead TD against Oakland.

I can't believe there are still people on this site who think he sucks.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Okay. I agree that it was a great play and that the defense played it well. But you can't just pretend it didn't happen and say they only gave up 24 points.

Not saying it didn't happen. What I'm saying is that there is no defense for Aaron Rodgers when he's being Superman. That play was defensed as well as any unit could defense it, and to beat it, Aaron put on his cape and did his Superman thing.

It's the same thing as Michael Jordan deciding he was going to shoot the last shot to beat, well, everybody. It didn't matter that everyone knew it was coming, or even that everyone knew what his move was going to be, and even where he was going to take the shot. Once he put on his cape, forget about it.

I'm not going to blame the defense when they played that play as well as any defense could for being beaten by Superman. It would be different if someone missed the sack or if the defender was out of position or whatever.

But the fact is that Aaron was in the process of being sacked, falling away from the LoS at the moment he released the ball. And the defender was right where he was supposed to be, right on the receiver. And that guy had to lay out, out of bounds, to catch it. There's no defense for that.

Now you want to lay the blame on the defense for that TD, go ahead I guess. But tell me, just what could they have done differently that would've made any difference?

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 05:40 PM
Watson is getting there. He made an incredible pass for the go-ahead TD against Oakland.

I can't believe there are still people on this site who think he sucks.

Fully in agreement. Knew he was special almost from the get-go. He does still sometimes throw balls that are much harder to catch than they need to be, which I put down to inherent inaccuracy due to bad footwork. But he can be extremely accurate, as he was in that play last night.

Easy 6
10-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Maybe it’s hard to see through the haze of a close loss, but I believe this group is starting to turn the corner

They’ve been feistier and far more aggressive scheme-wise, it took a critical fumble and two miracle tosses from Rodgers to win last night

If Money and our missing D starters play, we win that mfer by at least 10... the case on Spags is still open, lemme see what he does down the stretch

Mama Hip Rockets
10-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Not saying it didn't happen. What I'm saying is that there is no defense for Aaron Rodgers when he's being Superman. That play was defensed as well as any unit could defense it, and Aaron put on his cape and did his Superman thing.

It's the same thing as Michael Jordan deciding he was going to shoot the last shot to beat, well, everybody. It didn't matter that everyone knew it was coming, or even that everyone knew what his move was going to be, and even where he was going to take the shot. Once he put on his cape, forget about it.

I'm not going to blame the defense when they played that play as well as any defense could for being beaten by Superman. It would be different if someone missed the sack or if the defender was out of position or whatever.

But the fact is that Aaron was in the process of being sacked, falling away from the LoS at the moment he released the ball. And the defender was right where he was supposed to be, right on the receiver. And that guy had to lay out, out of bounds, to catch it. There's no defense for that.

Now you want to lay the blame on the defense for that TD, go ahead I guess. But tell me, just what could they have done differently that would've made any difference?

I'm not placing any blame. I was simply asking why someone said that the defense only allowed 24 points when they allowed 31 points.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm not placing any blame. I was simply asking why someone said that the defense only allowed 24 points when they allowed 31 points.

Fine, let's include the other 7.

After the first quarter the Packers had scored 14 points. Who here thought at that point that the Packers were going to turn the game into a rout and put at least another 30-40 points on us over the next three quarters? Yeah, even I thought there was a chance of it. Two TDs a quarter is 56 points.

But that's not what happened.

Over the next three quarters, the Packers only scored 17 more points. And no points in the 2nd quarter. In fact, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers only gained 28 yards and ZERO points in the 2nd quarter.

In the process, they sacked Rodgers 5 times. Who only had been sacked 7 times the entire rest of the season. Nearly intercepted him twice. Held their rushing game down under their season average for most of the game. By the end of the game, Rodgers finished with very pedestrian numbers by his standards. Against a defense missing three or four starters. Not many defenses this year have fared so well against the Packers. Like maybe one?

Mama Hip Rockets
10-28-2019, 06:39 PM
Fine, let's include the other 7.

After the first quarter the Packers had scored 14 points. Who here thought at that point that the Packers were going to turn the game into a rout and put at least another 30-40 points on us over the next three quarters? Yeah, even I thought there was a chance of it. Two TDs a quarter is 56 points.

But that's not what happened.

Over the next three quarters, the Packers only scored 17 more points. And no points in the 2nd quarter. In fact, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers only gained 28 yards and ZERO points in the 2nd quarter.

In the process, they sacked Rodgers 5 times. Who only had been sacked 7 times the entire rest of the season. Nearly intercepted him twice. Held their rushing game down under their season average for most of the game. By the end of the game, Rodgers finished with very pedestrian numbers by his standards. Against a defense missing three or four starters. Not many defenses this year have fared so well against the Packers. Like maybe one?

LOL. You may be going just a weeee bit overboard on the homerism here, dude.

23-33, 305 yards, 3 TD, and 0 INT is pedestrian? Are you sure you know what pedestrian means? All of those numbers are above his season average and his career average per game.

Megatron96
10-28-2019, 06:47 PM
LOL. You may be going just a weeee bit overboard on the homerism here, dude.

23-33, 305 yards, 3 TD, and 0 INT is pedestrian? Are you sure you know what pedestrian means? All of those numbers are above his season average and his career average per game.

Do you?

Aaron Rodgers has to his credit 65 300+ yard games, and in those games he averaged 3 TDs, either passed or rushed.

That's his wheelhouse.