siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 05:04 PM
“Eventually you have to find your Phil Jackson.”

From some rando on Twitter.

Discuss

notorious
11-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Said it in the other thread.

Most accurate take I've read in a LONG time.

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Said it in the other thread.

Most accurate take I've read in a LONG time.

Yeah, I really liked it. But maybe I’m wrong.

iDeaL
11-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Well i can definitely see some legitimate comparisons there... Doug Collins was a good coach but Phil is the one who took Jordan and the Bulls to the next level. But at the same time, Pippen was drafted in 87.. If Collins was able to stick around for another few years, could the Bulls have won some titles? Probably, but maybe not 6 in 8 years. Could have been more too if Jordan didn't leave basketball to try and go play baseball.

notorious
Yeah, I really liked it. But maybe I’m wrong.

20 years of history agrees with you.

Mahomes will probably add another 10 to Reids resume.

Why Not?
Yes. But Reinsdorf knew that. Does Hunt?

RaidersOftheCellar
Careful what you wish for.

Just need to keep improving the D.

notorious
11-10-2019, 05:09 PM

Groan.

Deberg_1990
Reid = 10-12 wins per year, keeps the stands full and the BBQ parking lot flowing....

Why upset the wheelcart?

lcarus
There's truth to that. The Bulls couldn't get past the Pistons and eventually they fired Doug Collins, who in 3 seasons helped turn the Bulls around but couldn't win a title. They fired his ass in 1989 and became a dynasty. Turns out the guy they needed...Phil Jackson...was already an assistant coach in Chicago so that worked out well for them.

Maybe our Phil Jackson is already on the coaching staff? I sure hope so. I'm about done with Reid. He's a good coach but has too many fatal flaws in my opinion.

notorious
11-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Reid = 10-12 wins per year, keeps the stands full and the BBQ parking lot flowing....

Why upset the wheelcart?

Andy Schottenheimer.

-King-
11-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Meh, we're in year 2 of Mahomes and people are already saying this shit? People act like winning a Superbowl was supposed to be easy once we got a franchise QB. I kind of thought that too. I've come to realize there's a reason Rodgers and Brees and Manning (his ring as a corpse on the broncos doesn't count) only have 1 ring.

-King-
11-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Other than Belichick, which coach in the league would you guys trade Reid for?

KurtCobain
11-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Andy Schottenheimer.

Keep seeing people post up like this today, was there another playoff game that Andy lost that I didn't know about today?

KC_Connection
11-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Needs to find his Pippen and Grant too based on today.

comochiefsfan
11-10-2019, 05:17 PM

20 years and nothing has changed.

What makes you think Andy is going to suddenly figure it out now?

kcxiv
Mahomes has outgrown Andy Reid! Its time to look for a defensive minded headcoach. Mahomes gots the offensive side of the ball!

lcarus
Keep seeing people post up like this today, was there another playoff game that Andy lost that I didn't know about today?

Well todays loss basically means we're not getting a first round bye and may not win the division, aka we'd have to win 3 games on the road to get to the Super Bowl, which is as likely to happen as Hilary Duff showing up at my house, gaping her ass open and telling me to plunge in.

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 05:18 PM

Maybe Hill is his Pippen.

But who’s the Grant on D?

comochiefsfan
Mahomes has outgrown Andy Reid! Its time to look for a defensive minded headcoach. Mahomes gots the offensive side of the ball!

Absolutely not on a defensive minded head coach.

What needs to happen (& what should have happened) is we go out and get a legit defensive coordinator. Not one of Andy’s retread buddies.

notorious

This guy gets it.

UChieffyBugger
11-10-2019, 05:19 PM
“Eventually you have to find your Phil Jackson.”

From some rando on Twitter.

Discuss

Totally agree. The same could be said about Mark Jackson at Golden State. Not sure how great Kerr really is but his impact on the team after GS fired Jackson cannot be disputed. And funny enough he played with Jordan and under Phill Jackson in Chicago and implemented those same schemes at Golden State. Reid just doesn't have it when it really matters imo. Basic errors in critical moments are just baked into his DNA and that's never gonna change. To reach the playoffs as much as he has and fail so badly is NOT a coincidence...it's just who he is. If this organisation is ever gonna move forward we cannot be scared of change...look at the Packers with Rodgers and learn from that lesson for God Sake :rolleyes: .

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-10-2019, 05:20 PM
Dumb fucking take... Reid's only had one full year with a Michael Jordan at QB and Dee Ford stuck it in our ass with a shitty D. The D is getting better, still 4 big mistakes on big plays today, that hurt dearly, but they are better. We are beat to hell and we haven't lost a game by more than 1 score in 36 games 26 better than any active streak, that' good coaching.

Iconic
11-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Lol you guys are dumb as ****ing shit if you think this team would be anywhere without Reid. Yeah he has garbage ass tendencies but they are ones you can still win a SB with. Unless there's a better option out there just shut the **** up.

The real issue is this defense and how recklessly our GM distributed the available funds we had.

TEX
11-10-2019, 05:27 PM
I'm fine with having Jordan. Let's hope the Chiefs don't turn him into Marino.

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Yeah he has garbage ass tendencies but they are ones you can still win a SB with.

After 20 years, what’s your evidence for that?

UChieffyBugger
11-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Lol you guys are dumb as ****ing shit if you think this team would be anywhere without Reid. Yeah he has garbage ass tendencies but they are ones you can still win a SB with. Unless there's a better option out there just shut the **** up.

The real issue is this defense and how recklessly our GM distributed the available funds we had.

Yeah...THIRTEEN YEARS in Philly and several here has proved that, right? :facepalm:

Iconic
11-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Literally one play away from a SB appearance last year while being the architect of a historic offense but okay.

Jerm
11-10-2019, 05:44 PM

Sean Payton
McVay
John Harbaugh
Doug Pederson
Kyle Shanahan
Pete Carroll

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 05:45 PM
Literally one play away from a SB appearance last year while being the architect of a historic offense but okay.

So ... no Super Bowl? OK.

siberian khatru
11-10-2019, 05:46 PM
I’m not saying you’re wrong, Iconic, but you haven’t produced any evidence yet. Just faith that it WILL happen.

UChieffyBugger
11-10-2019, 05:46 PM

And the first half of that game doesn't count, right? :banghead:

The bottom line is HE LOST again!!..and he's been losing big games for twenty years, FACT.

Iconic
11-10-2019, 05:47 PM
So ... no Super Bowl?

You don't have to win one to be considered a coach that you can win one with. No ****ing shit he hasn't won a SB. Has he shown the potential that he can? Absolutely, again the dude was one play away from it last year.

Like okay you don't want Reid. Who the **** are you releasing him for then? Who's going to increase our odds at a SB next season?

UChieffyBugger
11-10-2019, 05:50 PM
You don't have to win one to be considered a coach that you can win one with. No ****ing shit he hasn't won a SB. Has he shown the potential that he can? Absolutely, again the dude was one play away from it last year.

Like okay you don't want Reid. Who the **** are you releasing him for then? Who's going to increase our odds at a SB next season?

One SB appearance in 20 years and time and time again he fails in the playoffs i ridiculous fashion. Time to take your Reid coloured glasses off and get with reality..the guy is NOT a winner when it counts, full stop.

-King-
11-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Sean Payton
McVay
John Harbaugh
Doug Pederson
Kyle Shanahan
Pete Carroll

Lol Payton a guy who stringed a bunch of consecutive 7-9 seasons with Brees and has also had teams choke in the post season the past two years like Reid?

McVays team has a worse record than Reid's and they only scored 3 points in the Superbowl and look largely unspectacular this year

Harbaugh I understand. He's a damn good coach

Shanahan is beating up on shitty teams right now. The best team the 49ers have beat is the Rams. Otherwise all the other teams will be picking top 10 in the draft

Carroll is a good coach but for years he got in the way of Russell Wilson's greatness by making him a game manager. It took until this year for Wilson's true potential to show. And let's not forget the 4th down coach.

All these coaches like Andy have their flaws. I don't see anything that makes them any better than him and a lot of things that make them worse.

Baby Lee
11-10-2019, 06:21 PM
Meh, we're in year 2 of Mahomes and people are already saying this shit? People act like winning a Superbowl was supposed to be easy once we got a franchise QB. I kind of thought that too. I've come to realize there's a reason Rodgers and Brees and Manning (his ring as a corpse on the broncos doesn't count) only have 1 ring.

Careful, that's Alexsexual talk. . . .

BWillie
11-10-2019, 06:24 PM

The Baltimore Harbaugh. He emcraces analytics. Really doesn't seem to have an ego and is willing to make the right decision at the time and not second guess it. He molded his entire team based on Jackson and totally adapted to his skillset to put the team in the best position to succeed.

DRM08
11-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Tyreek is Pippen. The problem is neither Mahomes nor Tyreek have control over the defense melting down like it does in late game situations. Pippen and Jordan are two of the greatest defensive players in NBA history. They had way more control over their destiny than what we are watching with Mahomes and Tyreek.

BWillie

That's why you dont get rid of him but you have to install safeguards to protect him from himself.

notorious
The Baltimore Harbaugh. He emcraces analytics. Really doesn't seem to have an ego and is willing to make the right decision at the time and not second guess it. He molded his entire team based on Jackson and totally adapted to his skillset to put the team in the best position to succeed.

Harbaugh made some colossally dumb decisions in the game against the Chiefs and a few others.

Very Reid like.

BWillie
11-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Harbaugh made some colossally dumb decisions in the game against the Chiefs and a few others.

Very Reid like.

Just because it didn't work doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

Easy 6
11-10-2019, 06:45 PM
We already have our zen master running the triangle, gooozfrahbahhh...

KC_Connection
11-10-2019, 06:46 PM
lol at the McVay mention

You wouldn't be saying that if you were watching this Rams/Steelers game right now.

KC_Connection
11-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Tyreek is Pippen. The problem is neither Mahomes nor Tyreek have control over the defense melting down like it does in late game situations. Pippen and Jordan are two of the greatest defensive players in NBA history. They had way more control over their destiny than what we are watching with Mahomes and Tyreek.
True, they did. We should play 5 man football and Mahomes/Tyreek would never lose.

Rain Man
11-10-2019, 06:47 PM

This is why the NFL needs to go back to 11 man football. Tyreek could shut down any receiver in the league.

KC_Connection
11-10-2019, 06:49 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwEKJLL8xL8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basically this.

NJChiefsFan
11-10-2019, 07:05 PM

You basically need an elite QB to win a SB. Unless you plan on hoping for one miracle run like the Ravens with Flacco. But the elite QB isn't all you need. It's just by far the biggest prerequisite.

Warrick
11-10-2019, 08:01 PM
It looks like we're stuck with Doug Collins so some of you better get used to it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-10-2019, 08:05 PM

Dude has as much skill position talent around him as any QB in history.

rabblerouser
11-10-2019, 08:09 PM

THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT THIS, DIPSHIT :

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326611

WhiteWhale
11-10-2019, 08:45 PM
The season isn't over yet girls.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-10-2019, 08:54 PM
20 years and nothing has changed.

What makes you think Andy is going to suddenly figure it out now?

I just know how much worse it can be.

I can easily see a scenario in which we hire some young “rising” coach who is supposedly more sound in the areas that Reid isn’t, and what we end up with is a far less creative, more predictable offense and fewer wins.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-10-2019, 08:54 PM
One SB appearance in 20 years and time and time again he fails in the playoffs i ridiculous fashion. Time to take your Reid coloured glasses off and get with reality..the guy is NOT a winner when it counts, full stop.

He failed one year, barely, with a truly great QB... He came close and went to one for many years without a great QB... again, Donovan McNabb was far from a great QB...

ChiefaRoo
11-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Wait until Brady retires and then hire the evil hoodie to coach the team.

-King-
11-11-2019, 11:01 AM
THERE'S ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT THIS, DIPSHIT :

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326611

This thread is about coaching. You need to switch your dealer.

Hannah Barbarian
11-12-2019, 01:27 AM
Sean Payton
McVay
John Harbaugh
Doug Pederson
Kyle Shanahan
Pete Carroll

Shanahan, Payton and Pederson, maybe... but not John Harbaugh you'll get nausea with this whiny b*tch. Stick to Reid