PDA

View Full Version : Life Smash Mouth at Sturgis

Pages : 1 [2]

KCUnited
08-16-2020, 03:54 PM
That wasn't smoke, it was vapor witch is even larger than respiratory droplets.

It seems especially wicked in the west right now

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2020, 03:54 PM
Sure, a mask will stop some of it. Of course, most people cover their mouths with their hands when they cough or sneeze, too, which would obviously stop the spraying. The video didn't take that into account.

As I've said elsewhere, I (admittedly begrudgingly) wear a mask in places where I am required to do so. I don't like it, but I don't like being engaged in pointless histrionics with annoying strangers more, so I deal with it.

However, I'd much rather just rely on my immune system. That's what it's for.

I’ve been wearing a mask in public since early March and even though I’ve been out in public about 50 times (not including hikes and cycling), I have several in my car because I inadvertently forget that I need to wear a mask in public.

My wife initially bought us some thick cloth masks, which work fine. In June, my mom made and shipped us a ton, including several Chiefs and Royals masks along with some Star Wars cloth masks for me, which I use nearly every time.

That said, I couldn’t care less about wearing a mask.

Frazod
08-16-2020, 03:59 PM
I’ve been wearing a mask in public since early March and even though I’ve been out in public about 50 times (not including hikes and cycling), I have several in my car because I inadvertently forget that I need to wear a mask in public.

My wife initially bought us some thick cloth masks, which work fine. In June, my mom made and shipped us a ton, including several Chiefs and Royals masks along with some Star Wars cloth masks for me, which I use nearly every time.

That said, I couldn’t care less about wearing a mask.

I have one cloth mask that I keep in the car at all times. It's the only one I've worn. I haven't gone anywhere that I've needed to wear it more than a few minutes at a time. Still, it annoys the shit out of me; primarily because it makes my glasses fog up. Perhaps I should buy one that has a better fit. But I keep putting that off because I keep hoping this shit will end.

neech
08-16-2020, 04:01 PM
Donger says the mask hides his dick breathe so he's all for it

suzzer99
08-16-2020, 04:08 PM
https://vimeo.com/402577241

Watch this and tell me masks don't make a difference with small breath droplets (which is how we now know the majority of covid spread happens).

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2020, 04:10 PM
I have one cloth mask that I keep in the car at all times. It's the only one I've worn. I haven't gone anywhere that I've needed to wear it more than a few minutes at a time. Still, it annoys the shit out of me; primarily because it makes my glasses fog up. Perhaps I should buy one that has a better fit. But I keep putting that off because I keep hoping this shit will end.

Yeah, there are definitely different sizes and facial patterns. The shape my mom made for my wife and kids won’t fit my face properly because they have round Asian faces while I have a lean squarish face.

I haven’t found a solution to fogged up sunglasses although there’s been far less fog since the temperatures have risen above 85 degrees. But once it cools off this Fall, the fogging will return.

suzzer99
08-16-2020, 04:10 PM
All these have huge population density, and near 100% mask compliance:

S. Korea: 305 deaths
Japan: 1085 deaths
Vietnam: 24 deaths
Taiwan: 7 deaths

These countries have very crappy mask compliance:

USA: 172k deaths
Brazil: 107k deaths
Russia: 15k deaths (lol right)

Sometimes the simplest answer is actually true!

The other way masks very likely might help is they reduce the initial load on transmission, which there is a lot of evidence reduces the eventual severity of the infection.

Frazod
08-16-2020, 04:14 PM
Yeah, there are definitely different sizes and facial patterns. The shape my mom made for my wife and kids won’t fit my face properly because they have round Asian faces while I have a lean squarish face.

I haven’t found a solution to fogged up sunglasses although there’s been far less fog since the temperatures have risen above 85 degrees. But once it cools off this Fall, the fogging will return.

I mainly just pull the mask down far enough that the tip of my nose is exposed. I see a lot of people do this.

Some old battle axe yelled at me in the grocery store over it. I told her to fuck off.

DaneMcCloud
08-16-2020, 04:14 PM
I mainly just pull the mask down far enough that the tip of my nose is exposed. I see a lot of people do this.

Some old battle axe yelled at me in the grocery store over it. I told her to fuck off.

LMAO

neech
08-16-2020, 04:20 PM
Well today I seen on more then one occasion stores not wiping down the key code device where you pay for your stuff.

I'd argue that is more important then a damn mask, I see that the unsanitary touching can lead to getting a virus.

Coochie liquor
08-16-2020, 05:58 PM
Would you rather:

-Get the Rona
-Sit through a Smash Mouth set

?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UOz-v06zb_c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor
08-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Then you'd be shocked at what my 300w Amp pumps out on my bike. My music is really all over the board, so, depending on my mood, the music follows. BUT NO DISCO!!! :D

I hope your mood is never Air Supply while you’re on your bike bro!

Simply Red
08-16-2020, 07:39 PM
we should have a "social distanced' CP get together in a gymnasium somewhere!

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2020, 07:43 PM

Meet me and the crew in Bates City for some BBQ

eDave
08-16-2020, 07:58 PM

With Nickleback.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 08:05 PM
With Nickleback.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/8c2gbqyv9BNde" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/gay-men-8c2gbqyv9BNde">via GIPHY</a></p>

Bugeater
08-16-2020, 08:52 PM
With Nickleback.

I'll be social distancing from North Dakota.

Pitt Gorilla
08-16-2020, 11:22 PM
With Nickleback.Damn, I never thought Nickleback would look, somehow, preferable but I'd absolutely take them over Smashmouth.

Dayze
08-17-2020, 06:53 AM
when I was in the Navy, we stopped in Hawaii for a few days on a work up deployment. and while there, I remember vividly wandering around the tourist trap that is Waikiki (sp?); and there were flyers being handed out near the carrier. For those who don't know, there is just a deluge of "take your money" type things that set up shot any time a carrier or ship comes into Pearl. So we took a flyer, and it was advertising some band; and offering a special where if you paid a $20 cover...you could basically drink all night for free with one of these special wrist bands they were selling at the pier.

So of course, my friends and I were all over that. we do touristy stuff all day, and at night head to this bar / club where this band was playing / no name, never heard of them type things. It was Smashmouth. I'm not sure they were very big yet; this was probably 1997-ish? . Dude, we listened to this band for like 3 songs, and my roommate was like "dude....this band is ass". and we left our free drinking night. lol.

they were God. Awful. Sound, and the music itself.
I'll never forget it; a short time later, we hear them on the radio and I think heard a song of theirs in a movie. My roommate and I were just dumbfounded that this was the same band.

Gar - baaaage.

I'd rather listen to an acoustic set of Creed. lol

Monticore
08-17-2020, 07:08 AM
Well today I seen on more then one occasion stores not wiping down the key code device where you pay for your stuff.

I'd argue that is more important then a damn mask, I see that the unsanitary touching can lead to getting a virus.

Getting it from a contaminated surface is much less likely than getting it from being around an infected person not wearing a mask, especially if you wash your hands.

backinblack
08-17-2020, 07:23 AM
I don't recall Coleco making home computers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleco_Adam

Bob Dole
08-17-2020, 07:26 AM
With Nickleback.

Have you heard their Charlie Daniels cover?

backinblack
08-17-2020, 07:28 AM
augh please no

Fansy the Famous Bard
08-17-2020, 09:50 AM
This thread needs more titty pics.

I mean... it's why most of us keep reopening the thread to check.

R Clark
08-17-2020, 09:54 AM
Have you heard their Charlie Daniels cover?

Are they any good?

Brody Wa
08-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Is the underlying theme of this post
Would you rather go to a Smash Mouth concert that looks like a sausage festival or get Covid? That’s a tough question.

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2020, 02:30 PM
Is the underlying theme of this post
Would you rather go to a Smash Mouth concert that looks like a sausage festival or get Covid? That’s a tough question.I think the idea is that the people at this "concert" chose both.

KurtCobain
08-17-2020, 04:20 PM

Make it outdoors and I'm in. I'm doing really good but at the same time I'm awfully lonely and would love to meet with some friends.

Strongside
08-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Some-body once told me the world is gonna roll me,
Cuz I don’t wear mask on my head.
I’m feelin kinda numb with a tickle in my lungs,
In three days I’ll prolly be deaaad.

srvy
I have noticed a pattern in this thread. Seems most have heard or are aware of the band I have never heard of. To be this aware is usually a sign that you listen to them maybe even liked at one time but now embarraced by your fandom.

I would expect Pitt Gorilla has a auto travel casette case full of smashmouth tucked away in an attic somewear.

Baby Lee
https://i.imgur.com/W8vyQ0I.jpg

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 04:33 PM
I have noticed a pattern in this thread. Seems most have heard or are aware of the band I have never heard of. To be this aware is usually a sign that you listen to them maybe even liked at one time but now embarraced by your fandom.

I would expect Pitt Gorilla has a auto travel casette case full of smashmouth tucked away in an attic somewear.Were you alive in the 90s? If so, you've heard them, you just didn't know it.

srvy
08-17-2020, 04:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/W8vyQ0I.jpg

ROFL

Still not offering any protection from a virus. But is offering some support!

patteeu
08-17-2020, 04:48 PM

I would expect Pitt Gorilla has a auto travel casette case full of smashmouth tucked away in an attic somewear.

Smash mouth had a hit that was all over the radio a couple of decades ago. Being alive at that time is all it takes to be “this aware”.

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 04:54 PM
Smash mouth had a hit that was all over the radio a couple of decades ago. Being alive at that time is all it takes to be “this aware”.They actually had two "hits", and you didn't even need to turn on a radio to hear them. Just walking into a bar or restaurant or any fucking public place with music on was enough. You couldn't get away from them.

Eleazar
08-17-2020, 04:56 PM
Smash mouth had a hit that was all over the radio a couple of decades ago. Being alive at that time is all it takes to be “this aware”.

There was no way to avoid hearing their stupid songs back then, unless you never turned on a radio in the late 90s.

Or if you were already too old to be hearing whatever was current at the time.

patteeu
08-17-2020, 04:56 PM
They actually had two "hits", and you didn't even need to turn on a radio to hear them. Just walking into a bar or restaurant or any fucking public place with music on was enough. You couldn't get away from them.

:thumb:

eDave
08-17-2020, 05:04 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/8c2gbqyv9BNde" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/gay-men-8c2gbqyv9BNde">via GIPHY</a></p>

https://media1.giphy.com/media/U6v5T7a8dsSSNn79Jv/giphy.gif

srvy
08-17-2020, 05:16 PM
Still never heard of them I guess if I was interested enough I would youtube search them see if I recognise. I like most any music I a 63 if there is such thing as an age limit. If it was heavy metal I probably didn't listen to any those radio stations wasn't my thing.

suzzer99
08-17-2020, 05:23 PM

Two hits dammit!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cB9JJIoAdYM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Apparently this is the third biggest Smashmouth song (not counting the I'm a Believer remake on the Shrek soundtrack).

You think maybe they closed with this and then BAM! All Star for the first encore!

It would be hilarious if they were like, tonight - we're just going to play our latest album in its entirety. Enjoy!

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 05:40 PM
I'll never understand how so many horrible songs became so popular. I mean hell, the 90s were a historically bad era for music but there's shit that's way less shitty than that shit out there. Ugh.

eDave
08-17-2020, 05:46 PM
I reported Suzzer.

Easy 6
08-17-2020, 05:50 PM
I mean hell, the 90s were a historically bad era for music but there's shit that's way less shitty than that shit out there. Ugh.

Now wait just a minute there, mister

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Ministry
Butthole Surfers
COC
Pearl Jam
Rob Zombie
Etc
Etc
Etc

All those guys say, hi!

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 05:51 PM
I love Soundgarden.

lewdog
08-17-2020, 05:52 PM
I'll never understand how so many horrible songs became so popular. I mean hell, the 90s were a historically bad era for music but there's shit that's way less shitty than that shit out there. Ugh.

If the 90’s sucked for music, what were the 00’s?

eDave
08-17-2020, 05:52 PM

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Ministry
Butthole Surfers
COC
Pearl Jam
Rob Zombie
Etc
Etc
Etc

All those guys say, hi!

Fuckin' Radiohead man. The Verve. Stone Roses. Bug is whack (not a bad band name).

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 05:53 PM
If the 90’s sucked for music, what were the 00’s?Beats the shit out of me, the 90s were so bad I pretty much gave up on music after that.

eDave
08-17-2020, 05:53 PM
If the 90’s sucked for music, what were the 00’s?

They look like boobs.

patteeu
08-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Two hits dammit!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cB9JJIoAdYM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Apparently this is the third biggest Smashmouth song (not counting the I'm a Believer remake on the Shrek soundtrack).

You think maybe they closed with this and then BAM! All Star for the first encore!

It would be hilarious if they were like, tonight - we're just going to play our latest album in its entirety. Enjoy!

LOL

OK, two hits, I stand corrected!

I just looked them up and realized that they had music in Shrek too. They really were all over the place.

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Here's something from the 90s that's better than Smashmouth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-lDIJjnCHco" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Fuckin' Radiohead man. The Verve. Stone Roses. Bug is whack (not a bad band name).

I know very few people that have heard this, which is the original version (not the poppy Natalie Imbruglia version) that features Rusty Anderson, who's been Paul McCartney's guitarist for the past 20 years.

This was produced by Dave Jerden, who produced the first two AIC albums and has been one of most in-demand Music Supervisors this century, doing most of the Marvel films.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VWCOb0wxYCE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Okay, this was good too. Maybe the 90s aren't as bad as I recall. But Smashmouth is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yjJL9DGU7Gg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eleazar
08-17-2020, 06:05 PM
Okay, this was good too. Maybe the 90s aren't as bad as I recall. But Smashmouth is.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yjJL9DGU7Gg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great tune. I'm an admirer of D Deleo's playing, always seems just right.

eDave
08-17-2020, 06:09 PM
I know very few people that have heard this, which is the original version (not the poppy Natalie Imbruglia version) that features Rusty Anderson, who's been Paul McCartney's guitarist for the past 20 years.

This was produced by Dave Jerden, who produced the first two AIC albums and has been one of most in-demand Music Supervisors this century, doing most of the Marvel films.

Dude. That is sick. Thank you for this one.

lewdog
08-17-2020, 06:10 PM
Beats the shit out of me, the 90s were so bad I pretty much gave up on music after that.

First wrong take you’ve ever had on this board.

I’m so disappointed. We can out together a playlist for you.

Xoxo

suzzer99
08-17-2020, 06:17 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PCsGRCf8T9Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a song from that genre that still sounds good imo.

Bearcat
08-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Beats the shit out of me, the 90s were so bad I pretty much gave up on music after that.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/75/c4/6a/75c46a776a0fd9a1e73dcb66e862b2a9.jpg

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 06:21 PM
I've heard some of the greatest songs from the 90's, in person, in personal performances in my very own office when I worked in Music Publishing but none greater than the following story.

I knew her a bit from my brief period in the Bay Area but after great success with 4 Non Blondes, Linda Perry fell off the map very quickly. But she was signed to the publishing company I worked for back in the 90's (Not Uni) and came in with a new song to present to the president of our company.

I was invited in to check her out because she remembered me from our brief Berkeley days. She pulled out an acoustic guitar and started strumming when this HUGE voice started singing:

Don't look at me
Everyday is so wonderful
Then suddenly
It's hard to breathe
Now and then I get insecure
From all the pain
I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful
No matter what they say
Words can't bring me down

I am beautiful
In every single way
Yes words can't bring me down
Oh no
So don't you bring me down today

I don't know what it was about that song and her performance but I had tears streaming down my face because it was so magical. I told my then girlfriend (now wife) at the time about it but it was incredibly difficult to describe being in that moment.

Christina is obviously an amazing singer but there was just something about Linda Perry's performance that day that I will never, ever forget.

srvy
08-17-2020, 06:55 PM
LOL

OK, two hits, I stand corrected!

I just looked them up and realized that they had music in Shrek too. They really were all over the place.

That was a hit? I am sure I never heard this band before. When I went to to bike rallies or bars it was all heavy metal as it got later dance music because that gets the girlies going.

Bearcat
08-17-2020, 06:59 PM
That was a hit? I am sure I never heard this band before. When I went to to bike rallies or bars it was all heavy metal as it got later dance music because that gets the girlies going.

Probably the best bets....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LQj--Kjn0z8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L_jWHffIx5E?start=34" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 07:02 PM

And that's when you heard Smashmouth

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Smashmouth was a band put together by Interscope Records in the 90's to appeal to the college age kids. They were handed a record deal more than 2 years before their album was released.

Their first video featured the (former) wife of the singer from Steel Panther, "Michael Starr". She had literally 24 plastic surgeries and of course, Ralph had a bunch, too, which is how a 60 year old dude doesn't look 60 (unless you're up close).

Yeah, that was a fun day. We were all hanging out when she returned from the shoot. Ralph asked why she came home so late and she responded "Because I was fucking Janie Lane because his dick is so much bigger than yours".

Good times.

srvy
08-17-2020, 07:22 PM
Probably the best bets....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LQj--Kjn0z8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L_jWHffIx5E?start=34" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh I have heard both those songs. That push scan music.

When your in middle of nowhere late at night and your looking for a station to keep you awake. You lock into a mexican station and your finger instantly hits scan.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 07:25 PM
Oh I have heard both those songs. That push scan music.

When your in middle of nowhere late at night and your looking for a station to keep you awake. You lock into a mexican station and your finger instantly hits scan.

Absolutely no offense intended but I had no idea until just now that people actually listen to the radio in 2020.

lewdog
08-17-2020, 07:30 PM
Absolutely no offense intended but I had no idea until just now that people actually listen to the radio in 2020.

They don’t.

Srvy is 70 years old and Edentulous.

eDave
08-17-2020, 07:34 PM
Petty good Deberg thread

eDave
08-17-2020, 07:35 PM
They don’t.

Srvy is 70 years old and Edentulous.

Had to look that one up. ROFL

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 07:35 PM
Petty good Deberg thread

Richard Petty good

srvy
08-17-2020, 07:43 PM

Work fleet trucks you are lucky if it has cd.

Bearcat
08-17-2020, 07:45 PM

Owning a car with a hard drive for music is one of my favorite things.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 07:50 PM
Work fleet trucks you are lucky if it has cd.

I can only imagine!

Is there any way to connect your phone to the vehicle, whether it's USB or through an adapter?

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 07:51 PM

For sure!

I have a 64 gig thumb in mine and I've had some sort of drive since at least 2011 but these days, connecting via Bluetooth is just as easy.

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 07:57 PM
I can only imagine!

Is there any way to connect your phone to the vehicle, whether it's USB or through an adapter?
There's Bluetooth transmitters, I have one for my Camaro but I rarely use it, it's easier to just burn CDs.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2020, 08:00 PM
There's Bluetooth transmitters, I have one for my Camaro but I rarely use it, it's easier to just burn CDs.

That's cool but with a Bluetooth adapter, you'd have access to everything on your phone, Amazon Music, Spotify, et al.

srvy
08-17-2020, 08:18 PM
I can only imagine!

I have bought portable satellite radios also I used to have a device you plugged into the ac cig lighter you plugged a smartphone into then tune the radio to an unused radio station. Sound is horrible and you would be surprised how often you drive into an area where that blank station becomes active.

It is getting better some of the fleet has been recently been getting new trucks with android radio. It is costing more to lease a bare-bones truck than to lease with bells and whistles because when the lease ends they want to resale it. People want options on their used trucks. When they used to buy the trucks instead of the lease they ordered without AC that was murder rolling down the highway for hours windows down. Then get out work all day in heat roll back to hotel tired sweaty hungry not dareing to stop to eat till showering only to find everything is closed but the filling station lol.

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2020, 09:31 PM
Beats the shit out of me, the 90s were so bad I pretty much gave up on music after that.The early to mid-90's were absolutely incredible for music. WTF is wrong with you?

crazycoffey
08-18-2020, 04:30 AM
I can only imagine!

For sure!

I have a 64 gig thumb in mine and I've had some sort of drive since at least 2011 but these days, connecting via Bluetooth is just as easy.

That's cool but with a Bluetooth adapter, you'd have access to everything on your phone, Amazon Music, Spotify, et al.

I have bought portable satellite radios also I used to have a device you plugged into the ac cig lighter you plugged a smartphone into then tune the radio to an unused radio station. Sound is horrible and you would be surprised how often you drive into an area where that blank station becomes active.

It is getting better some of the fleet has been recently been getting new trucks with android radio. It is costing more to lease a bare-bones truck than to lease with bells and whistles because when the lease ends they want to resale it. People want options on their used trucks. When they used to buy the trucks instead of the lease they ordered without AC that was murder rolling down the highway for hours windows down. Then get out work all day in heat roll back to hotel tired sweaty hungry not dareing to stop to eat till showering only to find everything is closed but the filling station lol.

How do you even live? Omg. God have mercy on your souls........

backinblack
08-18-2020, 06:38 AM
love the radio, where else can I hear "Carry On Wayward Son" and "I Love Rock n Roll" 2-3 times a day, every day?

Deberg_1990
08-18-2020, 06:55 AM
love the radio, where else can I hear "Carry On Wayward Son" and "I Love Rock n Roll" 2-3 times a day, every day?

Haha that’s no lie. Classic rock radio plays about the same 30 songs over and over. No deep tracks.

I stopped listening years ago. Amazon Prime Music for me. Quite a bit of selection on there.

BigRedChief
08-18-2020, 07:00 AM
love the radio, where else can I hear "Carry On Wayward Son" and "I Love Rock n Roll" 2-3 times a day, every day?Saved on your phone?

BigRedChief
08-18-2020, 07:03 AM
How do you even live? Omg. God have mercy on your souls........I've got 150GB of music on my phone. Made lists of songs for specific times, working out etc. Sometimes Bluetooth to the earbuds, sometimes Bluetooth to the car.

Marcellus
08-18-2020, 07:19 AM
Smashmouth was a band put together by Interscope Records in the 90's to appeal to the college age kids. They were handed a record deal more than 2 years before their album was released.

Their first video featured the (former) wife of the singer from Steel Panther, "Michael Starr". She had literally 24 plastic surgeries and of course, Ralph had a bunch, too, which is how a 60 year old dude doesn't look 60 (unless you're up close).

Yeah, that was a fun day. We were all hanging out when she returned from the shoot. Ralph asked why she came home so late and she responded "Because I was ****ing Janie Lane because his dick is so much bigger than yours".

Good times.

I'm confused, where does Janie Lane fit into the picture? Was he producing the video or something?

srvy
08-18-2020, 01:15 PM

You forgot bullet Bob's Turn the Page.

srvy
08-18-2020, 01:18 PM
I've got 150GB of music on my phone. Made lists of songs for specific times, working out etc. Sometimes Bluetooth to the earbuds, sometimes Bluetooth to the car.

For such a busy fellow you seem to have a lot of time for bullshit. :rolleyes:

backinblack
08-18-2020, 01:20 PM
You forgot bullet Bob's Turn the Page.

that's a good song though, I don't really tire of it

eDave
08-18-2020, 01:25 PM
If I'm in my car after 11pm, I'm tuned into KSLX-FM for Nights With Alice Cooper.

srvy
08-18-2020, 01:30 PM
that's a good song though, I don't really tire of it

:eek:

backinblack
08-18-2020, 01:35 PM
going to listen to it right now

srvy
08-18-2020, 01:45 PM
going to listen to it right now

Dont forget Against the Wind, Old Time Rock n Roll, Travellin Man.

Finish it up with Beautiful Loser.

ptlyon
08-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Dont forget Against the Wind, Old Time Rock n Roll, Travellin Man.

Finish it up with Beautiful Loser.

The fire inside

Tonka83
08-18-2020, 01:48 PM
I haven't listened to the radio for years. Between streaming 30+ gigs of music on my phone and Sirius, I just never had the need to. I recently started listening to KY-102 out of St. Joe through Alexa here at work and I feel like I'm a teenager again. That station brings back so many good memories. Not too many commercials to ruin it yet.

srvy
08-18-2020, 01:49 PM
The fire inside

:banghead:

Lzen
08-18-2020, 02:02 PM
https://vimeo.com/402577241

Watch this and tell me masks don't make a difference with small breath droplets (which is how we now know the majority of covid spread happens).

That was fascinating. I enjoyed that. Science is so cool sometimes.

But that didn't show anything about using a mask so I'm not sure how you can come to the conclusion you did.

Lzen
08-18-2020, 02:08 PM

I remember them in 90s. All Star I guess was their big hit. My wife bought one of their cds but I never listened to it. I thought they were ok but not my bag, I guess.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Whatever happened to Limp Bizkit?

Lzen
08-18-2020, 02:15 PM

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Ministry
Butthole Surfers
COC
Pearl Jam
Rob Zombie
Etc
Etc
Etc

All those guys say, hi!

Live, Bush, Rage Against The Machine, Alice In Chains

Lzen
08-18-2020, 02:20 PM

Oh rly? :spock:

Lzen
08-18-2020, 02:21 PM
The early to mid-90's were absolutely incredible for music. WTF is wrong with you?

:clap:

Lzen
08-18-2020, 02:24 PM
Candlebox, Foo Fighters.

I could go all day.

Bug, WTF is wrong with you?

Bugeater
08-18-2020, 02:49 PM
Candlebox, Foo Fighters.

I could go all day.

I'm old. And cranky. And why are you on my goddamn lawn?

Bearcat
08-18-2020, 02:57 PM
I'm old. And cranky. And why are you on my goddamn lawn?

Heh, I was about to respond, "he's old"... I mean, if I grew up with any decade's music prior to the 90s, I may very well not have appreciated the likes of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

Oh rly? :spock:

Yeah? :shrug:

I used an aux jack and iPod for years because I had a car that was just a bit too old for all of the fancy things and never bothered to upgrade my options from aux and CDs.... it did at least play mp3 CDs, too, which hold a couple hundred songs IIRC.

A built in HD for all of my music is perfect though.

BigBeauford
08-18-2020, 03:29 PM

I dont even know what this is in reference to but those bands are awesome.

suzzer99
08-18-2020, 04:50 PM
That was fascinating. I enjoyed that. Science is so cool sometimes.

But that didn't show anything about using a mask so I'm not sure how you can come to the conclusion you did.

Common sense? You can see what happens with no mask. You know small breath droplets are too big to just pass through a mass unimpeded. They still sneak out the top and bottom, but they don't have the same trajectory or velocity.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dbAzUUtqbiU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's this.

suzzer99
08-18-2020, 04:55 PM
I moved away from KC in 1996. I love coming back and on the drive from the airport hearing the same DJs spinning the same songs on the same station - 101 The Fox. It feels like I never left. I wonder how many times Skid Roadie has intro-ed Come Sail Away. 10,000?

neech
08-18-2020, 05:08 PM

They got knocked the f**k out.

Bearcat
08-18-2020, 06:39 PM

They merged with Beastie Boys to make the worst music in the history of the world.... Limp Boys.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2020, 06:43 PM
I wonder how many times Skid Roadie has intro-ed Come Sail Away. 10,000?

They should play ‘Tom Sawyer’ more often.

suzzer99
08-18-2020, 07:19 PM

They did it all for the nookie. When the nookie went away, so did they.

suzzer99
08-18-2020, 07:20 PM
They should play ‘Tom Sawyer’ more often.

I wonder what the most all time played song on 101 The Fox is? Night Moves? Comfortably Numb? You Shook Me All Night Long?

Marcellus
08-18-2020, 08:20 PM
They merged with Beastie Boys to make the worst music in the history of the world.... Limp Boys.

You shut your whore mouth and keep the Beastie Boys name out of it!!

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2020, 12:34 AM
You shut your whore mouth and keep the Beastie Boys name out of it!!Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. ;)

Baby Lee
08-19-2020, 12:57 AM
Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. ;)

Mental image of that interview

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/BarrenSeveralIggypops' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='412'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/barrenseveraliggypops">via Gfycat</a></p>

Frazod
08-19-2020, 05:50 AM
Haha that’s no lie. Classic rock radio plays about the same 30 songs over and over. No deep tracks.

I stopped listening years ago. Amazon Prime Music for me. Quite a bit of selection on there.

Sometimes it seems like the same 10 songs over and over. I've heard Bohemian Rhapsody so many times on the radio that I don't even have it on any of my playlists anymore.

If I'm driving anywhere that requires me to be in the car more than a few minutes, I almost always just listen to one of the playlists on my phone. There are only three stations left in the Chicago area I can stand at this point.

Oh, and fuck music in the 90s. I'll never forget how awful it was when, little by little, my favorite stations either died or started playing nothing but that odious grunge shit. 4321

backinblack
08-19-2020, 06:02 AM
honestly the classic rock stations(we have 2) here aren't too bad, though yes they both are repetitive. They both have a playlist of probably about 200 songs that are regularly played, but they also sneak in seldom heard songs that the DJs want to play from time to time(heard Zeppelin's "Gallows Pole" the other day, pretty refreshing choice), so it's not completely ruled by a computer.

Also have 2 modern rock stations, a more alternative station(though it borders on pop), and a 60s/70s hits "oldies" station. And of course country, no shortage of country. I can find enough variety on our local radio to not be completely annoyed by it.

Radio was so much better before 1997 or so when it started to get super corporate and, as a result, cookie cutter. It lost it's spirit when companies like Clear Channel decided to make it all streamlined and syndicated.

Bearcat
08-19-2020, 09:44 AM
You shut your whore mouth and keep the Beastie Boys name out of it!!

Heh... isn't their entire existence centered around making shitty music?

Not trying to be funny, but thought I had read something along those lines.

As much as I don't care for the song though, I did appreciate the whole Kelce thing, as it's like the most Midwest thing possible, especially given how long Arrowhead stuck with 80s/90s rock (and still play plenty of it, of course). It was very fitting, even if the song sucks balls. :p

Marcellus
08-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. ;)

Yes, I did watch it. I think it was nominated for several awards. Its very cool.

Marcellus
08-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Heh... isn't their entire existence centered around making shitty music?

Not trying to be funny, but thought I had read something along those lines.

As much as I don't care for the song though, I did appreciate the whole Kelce thing, as it's like the most Midwest thing possible, especially given how long Arrowhead stuck with 80s/90s rock (and still play plenty of it, of course). It was very fitting, even if the song sucks balls. :p

Too many people associate Beastie Boys with their first album only which isn't that uncommon. The first album is mainly just silly kind of jock rap.

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.

Bearcat
08-19-2020, 10:12 AM
Too many people associate Beastie Boys with their first album only which isn't that uncommon. The first album is mainly just silly kind of jock rap.

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.

Interesting, and that's probably true about me.

What are a few examples of their later/better stuff that I can check out?

Lzen
08-19-2020, 10:55 AM
I dont even know what this is in reference to but those bands are awesome.

Bug being an old grump. Here's the string.

Soundgarden
Nirvana
Smashing Pumpkins
Ministry
Butthole Surfers
COC
Pearl Jam
Rob Zombie
Etc
Etc
Etc

All those guys say, hi!

****in' Radiohead man. The Verve. Stone Roses. Bug is whack (not a bad band name).

Candlebox, Foo Fighters.

I could go all day.

Lzen
08-19-2020, 11:03 AM
And I don't think Bug is much older than me so I don't get it. Same with frazod. Not picking on those guys but I just don't agree.

I grew up in the 70s but really, I became a big music fan in the 80s. Sure, I got into a lot of metal and even several hair bands (what can I say, I was an easily influenced teen when Poison broke).

When grunge came on the scene, I resisted the change....for awhile. Yes, there was good music from some of my favorite 80s bands (Queensryche, Savatage, Megadeth) still being produced at the time. And I already had gotten into some of the grunge era bands (never cared that much for Nirvana - though a few of their songs have grown on me over the years - but I loved Alice In Chains from the start). At some point I started listening to modern rock/alternative stations and really got into a lot of that music.

To this day, I still feel that it was one of the best and most influential eras in modern music.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 11:37 AM

Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head are two of my favorite all time albums. Paul's is #1.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 11:42 AM
Sometimes it seems like the same 10 songs over and over. I've heard Bohemian Rhapsody so many times on the radio that I don't even have it on any of my playlists anymore.

Yeah this. But it's fine for me as someone who just comes back to KC 1-2 times/year. It is good music, you've just heard it so many times. At least it's not as bad as a reggae station or old 60s/70s soul station. Those literally seem to have a playlist of about 100 songs.

I go through nostalgia phases even on my ipod playlist. I'm really digging Roll with the Changes right now for some reason. It's just a fun song that starts out hot and never slows down.

Also I've found a renewed love for Freebird after seeing this guy "discover" it for the first time:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VGTaA6d3BXQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I used to jump all over the furniture in my living room in my underwear air-guitaring Freebird in high school. It's fun to see someone much younger from a completely different background getting into it.

Kiimo
08-19-2020, 11:43 AM
Yeah smoke some weed, put on Paul's Boutique with the lyrics on, listen from beginning to end.

I think it's the best rap album ever made.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 11:50 AM
It's also always going to be unique. You can't make an album with that much random sampling anymore - as you'd have to pay 100s of other artists a boatload of money.

patteeu
08-19-2020, 11:51 AM
Yeah this. But it's fine for me as someone who just comes back to KC 1-2 times/year. It is good music, you've just heard it so many times. At least it's not as bad as a reggae station or old 60s/70s soul station. Those literally seem to have a playlist of about 100 songs.

I go through nostalgia phases even on my ipod playlist. I'm really digging Roll with the Changes right now for some reason. It's just a fun song that starts out hot and never slows down.

Also I've found a renewed love for Freebird after seeing this guy "discover" it for the first time:

*video deleted*

I used to jump all over the furniture in my living room in my underwear air-guitaring Freebird in high school. It's fun to see someone much younger from a completely different background getting into it.

Do you listen to radio stations in Los Angeles or do you just listen to ipod/internet stuff most of the time? I can't remember the last time I listened to a radio station here in KC.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 11:54 AM
I have an old school ipod connector to my car stereo that I use most of the time. I used to have sirius. Radio is too annoying because of commercials.

patteeu
08-19-2020, 12:01 PM
I have an old school ipod connector to my car stereo that I use most of the time. I used to have sirius. Radio is too annoying because of commercials.

Same here. I just wondered if the variety on Los Angeles radio was enough to attract you away from your own music.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 12:04 PM
It probably would be if not for the commercials.

backinblack
08-19-2020, 12:06 PM
don't think they even have any proper rock stations in LA except for KLOS now. KROQ has been garbage for years now.

Frazod
08-19-2020, 12:07 PM

I'm just not in the car enough to justify the expense of Sirius.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 12:11 PM
It's great when you're driving all over the West where no other stations come in. Also when I was driving a jr high/high school kid around - she could find stations she liked. But apparently it doesn't work much south of Mexico. So I dropped it before my big trip and haven't bought it back.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2020, 12:30 PM
I love Sirius/XM. I get to hear new music from whatever genre I choose with no ads.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2020, 12:31 PM
Mental image of that interview

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/BarrenSeveralIggypops' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='412'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/barrenseveraliggypops">via Gfycat</a></p>

That was pretty much it, only without the interviewer.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2020, 12:33 PM

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.Licensed to Ill was a brilliant album as well. I always loved Paul's, but most of their albums are great. Check and Ill Comm were somewhat similar, with Hello being my least favorite.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Yeah smoke some weed, put on Paul's Boutique with the lyrics on, listen from beginning to end.

I think it's the best rap album ever made.
It's a masterpiece of sampling and editing for sure. I bought the green/rainbow tape on release day and think I wore it out.

backinblack
08-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Sirius/XM has much of the same problem with repetitiveness that terrestrial radio has, it's just you don't notice it as much because you can easily jump from the mainstream stuff on Classic Rewind to Deep Cuts or whatever. But spend enough time on Deep Cuts and you'll hear the same songs over and over. Listen to Ozzy's Boneyard for a few days and count how many times you hear Highway to Hell.

Also sound quality wise for some reason is never as good as FM radio, or Bluetooth. I have whatever receiver it is that Ford stuck in this generation of Mustangs from the factory and it doesn't sound as good as FM.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2020, 12:39 PM
Sirius/XM has much of the same problem with repetitiveness that terrestrial radio has, it's just you don't notice it as much because you can easily jump from the mainstream stuff on Classic Rewind to Deep Cuts or whatever. But spend enough time on Deep Cuts and you'll hear the same songs over and over. Listen to Ozzy's Boneyard for a few days and count how many times you hear Highway to Hell.

Also sound quality wise for some reason is never as good as FM radio, or Bluetooth. I have whatever receiver it is that Ford stuck in this generation of Mustangs from the factory and it doesn't sound as good as FM.Yeah, you can tell when they rotate the schedules for sure. I enjoy their top 20 countdowns for the week and new music.

backinblack
08-19-2020, 12:42 PM
most of the content being uncut/uncensored on Sirius is a huge plus though.

Also I like the NASCAR channel.

suzzer99
08-19-2020, 01:02 PM
Also Sirius has (or did have) Madison - who annoys me so much she sends me into a blind rage every time I hear her voice.

Bearcat
08-19-2020, 01:05 PM

Also sound quality wise for some reason is never as good as FM radio, or Bluetooth. I have whatever receiver it is that Ford stuck in this generation of Mustangs from the factory and it doesn't sound as good as FM.

I've never cared for XM... I've had issues with getting/keeping a signal, it seems like I have to jump stations a lot, and a lot of their 'live' tracks in particular sound horrible (the Pearl Jam station is largely useless for that reason).

And in general, I'd hate to have to call them periodically to keep the same price, even if it was worth the pocket change per month.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2020, 01:24 PM
I've had Sirius XM for six months free with each of my last three leases. I've only extended it once (3 months for free) and I receive email and snail mail offers from them almost weekly which are generally $5 dollars per month for a year, which can be cancelled at any time.

The only program that I listen to on Sirius is Howard Stern. They broadcast their music stations in a reduced bit rate MP3 file, which annoys me to no end because to my ears, it sounds absolutely awful.

I haven't taken them up on their $5 dollar a month offer because I just don't drive enough to take advantage of it and I really don't have 3 hours a day in which to listen to the Stern show, whether it's via the car or their Roku App on my TV.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2020, 01:27 PM

I've never cared for XM... I've had issues with getting/keeping a signal, it seems like I have to jump stations a lot, and a lot of their 'live' tracks in particular sound horrible (the Pearl Jam station is largely useless for that reason).

It's not the car stereo, it's that Sirius broadcasts reduced bit rate MP3's, which sound horrible.

backinblack
08-19-2020, 01:29 PM
I knew I wasn't crazy. They really do sound horrible.

Baby Lee
08-19-2020, 06:54 PM

Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head are two of my favorite all time albums. Paul's is #1.

Wow, that's like a blindside hit to realize there is someone unfamiliar with PB or CYH.

I agree Paul's is their best ever, but I put Ill Communication at least neck and neck with CYH.

Beasties had a singular talent for having beats that your could both chill to and get hyped to, depending on which you wanted to do.

It energized you, but didn't set you on edge.

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2020, 09:45 PM
In related news:

Sturgis motorcycle rally tied to new coronavirus cases a state away in Nebraska

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-tied-new-coronavirus-cases-state-away-nebraska-n1237484?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR3AxfHt66YaKJ-fUGbm4zKVS0gnvibRuOGuvO5timFrJojC3VpCZx8EWv8

KCTea
08-21-2020, 03:45 AM
Look... Back in the day, their first album Fush Yu Mang was actually pretty decent. Screw Astro Lounge and everything after.

scorpio
08-21-2020, 04:06 AM
Smash Mouth played Taste of Fort Collins a few years ago. Somebody in the crowd was throwing bread on the stage for some reason, and the singer freaked out on him.

https://youtu.be/B95Iq5Ed38U

I also fingerbanged a girl in high school while listening to All Star.

Eleazar
08-21-2020, 02:22 PM
In related news:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sturgis-motorcycle-rally-tied-new-coronavirus-cases-state-away-nebraska-n1237484?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_nn&fbclid=IwAR3AxfHt66YaKJ-fUGbm4zKVS0gnvibRuOGuvO5timFrJojC3VpCZx8EWv8

Minnesota had 1 case from Sturgis yesterday, and 14 more today. Only 1 hospitalized so far.

08-24-2020, 07:08 AM
It will start to get better one way or the other in 80 or so days.

Then the virus and apartheid state will just go away and butterfly’s will be summoned from the assholes of billions to make things right again.

Can’t wait

Lzen
08-24-2020, 09:49 AM
In related news:

But was it from the Smashmouth show?ROFL

TribalElder
08-24-2020, 05:07 PM
More than 70 coronavirus cases diagnosed in seven states across the West and Midwest have been linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which attracted more than 460,000 vehicles over a 10-day period earlier this month, and at least one state health official expects this is just the start of cases linked to the event.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/08/24/dozens-of-coronavirus-cases-spread-across-at-least-7-states-linked-to-sturgis-motorcycle-rally/

htismaqe
08-24-2020, 06:19 PM
More than 70 coronavirus cases diagnosed in seven states across the West and Midwest have been linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which attracted more than 460,000 vehicles over a 10-day period earlier this month, and at least one state health official expects this is just the start of cases linked to the event.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/08/24/dozens-of-coronavirus-cases-spread-across-at-least-7-states-linked-to-sturgis-motorcycle-rally/

460,000 bikes. 70 cases. That's what they call "acceptable risk".

GayFrogs
08-24-2020, 06:23 PM
Smash mouth represents all that's wrong about late 90s "rock" music...I'd much rather listen to post-grunge and nu metal...maybe even that stupid "are you jimmy ray" song

rydogg58
08-24-2020, 08:11 PM
What sucks is that I've had the song All Star playing in my head damn near every day at work since I first read this thread.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2020, 08:12 PM

That's a pretty damn low percentage

TribalElder
08-24-2020, 09:13 PM
That's a pretty damn low percentage

If that 70 includes all the members of smashmouth then I consider it a win

Pitt Gorilla
08-24-2020, 09:29 PM
Smash mouth represents all that's wrong about late 90s "rock" music...I'd much rather listen to post-grunge and nu metal...maybe even that stupid "are you jimmy ray" songWho wants to know (about our offensive coordinator)?

Deberg_1990
09-08-2020, 01:58 PM
Whoa!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Is Now Linked to More Than 250,000 Coronavirus Cases – Mother Jones <a href="https://t.co/13NCuoOn75">https://t.co/13NCuoOn75</a></p>&mdash; Chris “Cal” Carnahan OIF sucker OEF loser (@xtrixcyclex) <a href="https://twitter.com/xtrixcyclex/status/1303358804122308608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

suzzer99
09-08-2020, 02:00 PM
That seems like a pretty dumb analysis. Up there "ZOMG with only 6% actually died of covid!" imo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Study specifically references Jefferson, Weld, and Adams counties where 1.) lots of residents went to Sturgis and 2.)saw a notable increase in COVID cases. <br><br>So, I looked at each county&#39;s data... <br><br>Adams, for example, experienced NO marked increase. <br><br> <a href="https://t.co/IdsqoEWuh2">https://t.co/IdsqoEWuh2</a></p>&mdash; Chris Vanderveen (@chrisvanderveen) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrisvanderveen/status/1303410388332154882?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The study suggests Sturgis was a superspreader event that could be tied to a quarter of a million cases<br><br>With a cost of $12.2 BILLION to the health care system <br><br>Yet in the three Colorado counties that saw a high number of people go... the Colorado data shows no sustained growth</p>&mdash; Chris Vanderveen (@chrisvanderveen) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrisvanderveen/status/1303412265773916168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you look at this map, there&#39;s a lot of attendance from rural counties in the Upper Midwest/Great Plains/Rocky Mountains. These places generally hadn&#39;t been hit hard by COVID before and for various reasons may therefore be more prone to case growth now, especially on a % basis. <a href="https://t.co/su560n5OIk">pic.twitter.com/su560n5OIk</a></p>&mdash; Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) <a href="https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1303417285227487233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eDave
09-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Whoa!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Is Now Linked to More Than 250,000 Coronavirus Cases – Mother Jones <a href="https://t.co/13NCuoOn75">https://t.co/13NCuoOn75</a></p>&mdash; Chris “Cal” Carnahan OIF sucker OEF loser (@xtrixcyclex) <a href="https://twitter.com/xtrixcyclex/status/1303358804122308608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="691" height="570" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UK2FBEpmlUo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee
09-08-2020, 05:28 PM
<iframe width="625" height="356" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UuaYDZd8-cI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randallflagg
09-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Whoa!

Jesus - the propaganda never ends........

Coochie liquor
09-09-2020, 05:04 AM
Jesus - the propaganda never ends........

I read this article, and it says 260 cases, then somehow it jumps immediately to 266,000 cases. No clue how that number got to over 250k from 260, but I’d bet it’s the media.

Deberg_1990
08-04-2021, 01:45 PM
Who’s ready for some more super spreader Sturgis events?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sturgis is how we got last summer’s huge COVID surge that caused 250K new cases across 11 states, so when will KKKristi Noem be held accountable for letting it happen again? ⁦<a href="https://twitter.com/KristiNoem?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KristiNoem</a>⁩ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GetVaccinated?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GetVaccinated</a> <a href="https://t.co/2hiCOycS5H">https://t.co/2hiCOycS5H</a></p>&mdash; Tara Dublin, Unsigned Writing Goldmine #SignTara (@taradublinrocks) <a href="https://twitter.com/taradublinrocks/status/1421276228674150405?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

scho63
08-04-2021, 02:45 PM
Whoa!

I never imagined that our media would be bigger liars and propogandists than our politicians but its happened.

alanm
08-04-2021, 05:51 PM
I never imagined that our media would be bigger liars and propogandists than our politicians but its happened.It's expected. They work hand in hand.

Halfcan
08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
I never imagined that our media would be bigger liars and propogandists than our politicians but its happened.

:thumb:

Not sure what they gain from trying to Covid shame people at lakes or on vacation?

Commies hate fun.

LiveSteam
08-04-2021, 07:43 PM
O' is having 700 peeps over for his 60th birthday.
Bet O re-numbers his runway with a pink 60.

Pitt Gorilla
08-04-2021, 09:52 PM

Mother Jones (?) = "Our media" ?

Is that your claim?

scho63
08-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Mother Jones (?) = "Our media" ?

Is that your claim?

Mother Jones is a media publication thats been around for 50 years.

It may not be mainstream media but it is media mone the less.

eDave
08-04-2021, 10:24 PM
Offspring drummer Pete Parada says band cut him loose over COVID-19 vaccine decision

"Given my personal medical history and the side-effect profile of these jabs, my doctor has advised me not to get a shot at this time. Since I am unable to comply with what is increasingly becoming an industry mandate, it has recently been decided that I am unsafe to be around, in the studio, and on tour."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/offspring-drummer-pete-parada-says-band-cut-him-loose-over-covid-19-vaccine-decision/ar-AAMWsN8

Bowser
08-04-2021, 10:41 PM
Jesus fuck, DeBerg