PDA

View Full Version : Life Smash Mouth at Sturgis

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
08-10-2020, 08:30 PM
:ROFL:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says &#39;F*** That Covid S**t&#39; <a href="https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9">https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1292941428088172545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Eleazar
08-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Would you rather:

-Get the Rona
-Sit through a Smash Mouth set

?

DaFace
08-10-2020, 10:04 PM
Would you rather:

-Get the Rona

?Gotta go with A on that one.

GloryDayz
08-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Fuck the Corona virus bullshit. Let the Sturgis political protest continue.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2020, 04:25 AM
It will be a buyers market for used motorcycles in a few weeks.

VAChief
08-11-2020, 05:20 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says &#39;F*** That Covid S**t&#39; <a href="https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9">https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1292941428088172545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess Nickleback was unavailable.

backinblack
08-11-2020, 05:52 AM
just never imagined bikers being into Smash Mouth

next you'll tell me Sugar Ray is on for next year's Sturgis

cabletech94
08-11-2020, 06:31 AM
Would you rather:

-Get the Rona

?

Ugh. Man, what’s option 3?

loochy
08-11-2020, 06:53 AM
Ugh. Man, what’s option 3?

read a DeBerg thread

Perineum Ripper
08-11-2020, 07:00 AM
Smash Mouth is still alive? Guess they really are All Stars.

I will show myself out

BigCatDaddy
08-11-2020, 07:02 AM
read a DeBerg thread

Damn it. Meant to thumbs up this one.

AndChiefs
08-11-2020, 07:07 AM
Smash Mouth is still alive? Guess they really are All Stars.

I will show myself out

Hey now...

Pablo
08-11-2020, 07:08 AM

You're surprised that bikers have terrible taste in something?

Marcellus
08-11-2020, 07:13 AM
We had a benefit for a local veterans charity here outside of town a few weeks back middle of July, about 500 people showed up. Not bad for the first year.

It was outside, we had 7 bands and a couple comedians. I think I saw 2 people wearing masks but social distancing was mainly observed. No covid outbreak happened.

Lzen
08-11-2020, 07:20 AM

Sure, because 99.8% of people who contract it come out of it fine.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2020, 07:29 AM
Sure, because 99.8% of people who contract it come out of it fine.

That's still roughly 250-500 used HOGS that will be without owners for the foreseeable future.

Marcellus
08-11-2020, 07:44 AM
That's still roughly 250-500 used HOGS that will be without owners for the foreseeable future.

Thats assuming every person contracts it, you have to max that at around 15%-20% then take that number x .998.

So maybe 1.

BWillie
08-11-2020, 07:58 AM

thingswhitepeoplelike.com

WhawhaWhat
08-11-2020, 08:13 AM
A bunch of middle aged men, dressed in costumes, painted up (with tats), living alternate lifestyles and attracting attention.

crazycoffey
08-11-2020, 08:19 AM
Random bump. Good memories though.

PunkinDrublic
08-11-2020, 08:19 AM
I was on a family vacation to Mrtyle beach and they were having their big biker rally. We arrived and we’re driving down the main drag to our hotel and I about spit out my drink laughing after I hear my own Mother describe one of the biker chicks as looking rode hard and put away wet. She is the last person I would ever expect to hear that from. ROFL

RedRaider56
08-11-2020, 09:07 AM
I was on a family vacation to Mrtyle beach and they were having their big biker rally. We arrived and we’re driving down the main drag to our hotel and I about spit out my drink laughing after I hear my own Mother describe one of the biker chicks as looking rode hard and put away wet. She is the last person I would ever expect to hear that from. ROFL

You're mom is pretty astute. Most hog biker chicks are downright fugly...

Shaid
08-11-2020, 09:36 AM
We had a benefit for a local veterans charity here outside of town a few weeks back middle of July, about 500 people showed up. Not bad for the first year.

It was outside, we had 7 bands and a couple comedians. I think I saw 2 people wearing masks but social distancing was mainly observed. No covid outbreak happened.

Mostly outside stuff isn't bad for the most part. There are a lot of inside bars in Sturgis so we'll see how it turns out.

loochy
08-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Damn it. Meant to thumbs up this one.

Ha! I figured the thumbs down had to be from DeBerg himself

GloryDayz
08-11-2020, 10:50 AM

It's always a buyers market...

GloryDayz
08-11-2020, 10:52 AM

Then you'd be shocked at what my 300w Amp pumps out on my bike. My music is really all over the board, so, depending on my mood, the music follows. BUT NO DISCO!!! :D

backinblack
08-11-2020, 11:00 AM
Then you'd be shocked at what my 300w Amp pumps out on my bike. My music is really all over the board, so, depending on my mood, the music follows. BUT NO DISCO!!! :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iDt1VLn58e8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperChief
08-11-2020, 11:02 AM

I'm glad there wasn't a large outbreak. I'd say that those who attended are fortunate, though.

jdubya
08-11-2020, 11:41 AM
I lived in Rapid City and used to go every year.. Check out the Sturgis-Deadwood-Spearfish Canyon ride. "No Panties Wednesday" in Huellet Wyoming will take you past Devils Tower.

If you're getting your drink on, park and walk all around Sturgis. There's plenty of good live bands playing every day. And of course, there's the huge venues just outside town with big acts.

Whatever you do, don't get drunk, pass out...and drool Copenhagen all over your girlfriends sisters carpet. It's frowned upon.

Not only have I done that, I think I bought the tshirt

jdubya
08-11-2020, 11:43 AM
A bunch of middle aged men, dressed in costumes, painted up (with tats), living alternate lifestyles and attracting attention.

You talking about Sturgis or going to a Chiefs game?

;)

DaFace
08-11-2020, 12:21 PM
I'm glad there wasn't a large outbreak. I'd say that those who attended are fortunate, though.

Eh, outdoor spread appears to be extremely limited. It's still a bit risky given the huge numbers of people going to Sturgis, but I wouldn't be surprised to see fairly minimal issues.

suzzer99
08-11-2020, 05:54 PM
Yeah I was wondering that - what % of Sturgis activities are outside? Most of the pictures I've seen don't look great but they don't look nearly as bad as a packed indoor bar either.

Jenson71
08-11-2020, 08:41 PM

What’d you think of Yankton?

GloryDayz
08-11-2020, 09:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iDt1VLn58e8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:LOL:

2bikemike
08-12-2020, 09:25 AM
Yeah I was wondering that - what % of Sturgis activities are outside? Most of the pictures I've seen don't look great but they don't look nearly as bad as a packed indoor bar either.

I would say the majority of the stuff is outside. There are venues with indoor bands and contests. But during the day most people are riding from place to place. Traveling to the Badlands, Wall Drug, Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. There used to be a thing called "No Panty" Wednesday in Belle Forche That naturally attracted a lot of bikers. However titillating the name was it wasn't quite as titillating as the name indicated. But there was always something going on. Stunt riders jumping cars or whatever.

At night the bars would be packed even more so when a particularly intriguing event was scheduled. Walking the streets of Sturgis was shoulder to shoulder everynight.

2bikemike
08-12-2020, 09:30 AM
I would say the majority of the stuff is outside. There are venues with indoor bands and contests. But during the day most people are riding from place to place. Traveling to the Badlands, Wall Drug, Devils Tower, Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. There used to be a thing called "No Panty" Wednesday in Belle Forche That naturally attracted a lot of bikers. However titillating the name was it wasn't quite as titillating as the name indicated. But there was always something going on. Stunt riders jumping cars or whatever.

At night the bars would be packed even more so when a particularly intriguing event was scheduled. Walking the streets of Sturgis was shoulder to shoulder everynight.

Just noticed RockyMtn posted no panty was in Huelett I thing he's right. It's been awhile since I went, 2008 or 2009 was my last rally. I absolutely love the area and have been several times away from Rally Week.

backinblack
08-12-2020, 09:37 AM
Last time I went was 2006....had a great time! However, I can't help but wonder why Black Lies Matter and Antifa hasn't shown up to protect the inequities of people in the United States? Could it be that they are afraid that they would get the ever-loving shit kicked out of them?

Hmmmm?? :shrug: :rofl:

nothing to loot in such a small town

gblowfish
08-12-2020, 10:11 AM
So far they've had two deaths from road accidents, 28 other motorcycle related injuries, 64 DUIs and 156 drug arrests. When do we send in the National Guard?

GloryDayz
08-12-2020, 10:55 AM
So far they've had two deaths from road accidents, 28 other motorcycle related injuries, 64 DUIs and 156 drug arrests. When do we send in the National Guard?

You mean the Feds?

Frazod
08-12-2020, 12:10 PM

When they burn Sturgis to the ground?

alanm
08-12-2020, 01:16 PM
You're surprised that bikers have terrible taste in something?Bikers got nothing to do with it. It's the shitty promoters and their shitty tastes. And probably who's available and for what $$.

alanm
08-12-2020, 01:18 PM
I'm glad there wasn't a large outbreak. I'd say that those who attended are fortunate, though.Ain't done yet. Sturgis is over Sunday.

Fish
08-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Man, I just found out that my uncle who had triple bypass heart surgery less than 3 months ago, went to Sturgis today. :banghead:

Dayze
08-13-2020, 07:14 AM
the best time to ride that area is any time other than the Rally.

my brother went a few years back, and said if he had it to do over again, he wouldn't have gone during rally time. heavy congested traffic everywhere, and an overwhelming number of people riding motorcycles that barely have the ability other than in a straight line.

in that respect, I did Biker's for Babies here in KC one year; ...my god. thousands of people who could barely ride and probably do 200 miles a year on their 30k bike. Vowed, never, ever again. Almost got rear ended several times (NTTAWWT), people couldn't even maintain their lane within the lane, people insisting on riding right next to you like Ponch & John. awful experience.

although Bikes Blues and BBQ is officially cancelled this year in Fayetteville, we're still going next month, though pretty much avoiding the rally area. Some of our group are camping at Devi's Den south of Fayetteville, but I'm staying in a hotel in Fayetteville. Going to ride away from the rally area and check out Mena and the Taliemena scenic byway.
should be nice without the congestion and bad riders. been to one rally, you've been to them all. even if BBB was still 'on' this year, I'd probably pass with the group I ride with if they insisted on going the rally weekend itself. go before or after and have a 1000% better time if you like riding.

GloryDayz
08-13-2020, 07:26 AM
I've got some friends there and they said it's a blast this year, and after I mentioned that I'm making sure everybody knows that it's (this year) is a political protest, they basically relied with "hell yes it is".

But the story about almost getting back to the camper before the mega-rain hit, almost, was really funny.

Dayze
08-13-2020, 07:35 AM
granted, when my brother went, I think it was the 75th Anniversary; so it was even bigger than normal. might be a lot better this year with likely fewer people.

my brother got a ticket for 'running a stop sign';....basicaly because the cops said he didn't put 2 feet down at the stop sign. and a riding buddy of mine got a ticket for ape hangers being too high...even though they were only 12" apes on his SG. I guess because the hands were barely above the shoulders. LMAO. he sent a pic of him on the bike, and his hands were like even with his shoulders. but rather than fight it and go back up there, he just paid the fine via mail. money grab. I also heard of guys getting tickets while sitting in deadlock traffic pushing their shades up on their forehead, ; operating w/out eye protection. LMAO.

ptlyon
08-13-2020, 07:45 AM
granted, when my brother went, I think it was the 75th Anniversary; so it was even bigger than normal. might be a lot better this year with likely fewer people.

my brother got a ticket for 'running a stop sign';....basicaly because the cops said he didn't put 2 feet down at the stop sign. and a riding buddy of mine got a ticket for ape hangers being too high...even though they were only 12" apes on his SG. I guess because the hands were barely above the shoulders. LMAO. he sent a pic of him on the bike, and his hands were like even with his shoulders. but rather than fight it and go back up there, he just paid the fine via mail. money grab. I also heard of guys getting tickets while sitting in deadlock traffic pushing their shades up on their forehead, ; operating w/out eye protection. LMAO.

All of these offenses are true. They bring cops in from all over, mostly the young hungry ones just looking for a reason to write a ticket.

FloridaMan88
08-13-2020, 08:29 AM
Eh, outdoor spread appears to be extremely limited. It's still a bit risky given the huge numbers of people going to Sturgis, but I wouldn't be surprised to see fairly minimal issues.

So why can't outdoor football stadiums have fans again? Even at a 50% capacity there would be plenty of space for social distancing + it is outdoors.

DaFace
08-13-2020, 08:52 AM
So why can't outdoor football stadiums have fans again? Even at a 50% capacity there would be plenty of space for social distancing + it is outdoors.

Lack of movement. At Sturgis, people are both outside and moving around a lot, so they're not around the same people for very long. At a football game, you could be downstream of someone spreading viral particles for 3.5 hours.

I'm not saying the latter is absolutely the worst thing in the world, but there IS a difference.

JakeF
08-13-2020, 10:35 AM
Next Covids outbreak spot

Nobody there gives a shit about the pandemic

GloryDayz
08-13-2020, 12:37 PM

Nobody there gives a shit about the pandemicWell, in their defense, the pandemic is a hoax.

jdubya
08-13-2020, 01:04 PM
Man, I just found out that my uncle who had triple bypass heart surgery less than 3 months ago, went to Sturgis today. :banghead:

I dont know all the details but my reaction is "Good for him". Sounds like he is actually living life and not hiding from it.

suzzer99
08-13-2020, 01:49 PM
Well, in their defense, the pandemic is a hoax.

Imagine how aggressively ignorant you'd have to be to still believe this in August. Mindblowing.

GloryDayz
08-13-2020, 02:22 PM
Imagine how aggressively ignorant you'd have to be to still believe this in August. Mindblowing.

I hope that means that, by now, I should be dead since I haven't played the COVID game since May.

Remember, the deadly virus is so deadly that you need a test to see if you have, or had, it.

It's a hoax dude, peddle your political propaganda to somebody who was already going to vote for the Jo&Ho ticket...

lewdog
08-13-2020, 02:27 PM
I hope that means that, by now, I should be dead since I haven't played the COVID game since May.

Remember, the deadly virus is so deadly that you need a test to see if you have, or had, it.

It's a hoax dude, peddle your political propaganda to somebody who was already going to vote for the Jo&Ho ticket...

You honestly don’t understand why testing is important, like a person who may pass it to someone older who may die from it?

I mean, you’re retarded if just that scenario doesn’t make sense.

GloryDayz
08-13-2020, 02:35 PM
You hone....stly don’t understand why testing is important, like a person who may pass it to someone older who may die from it?

I mean, you’re retarded if just that scenario doesn’t make sense.

Reclaiming my time!!!!

There's a small piece of me that might like to know, but I'm not going to allow my numbers to get Pilosi'd and twisted into some liberal talking point.

How about this, I'll get tested as soon as I show a symptom... So far that's not the case.

But you're more ignorant (LOL, not they have us arguing the size of ignorance) if you think this whole thing isn't 100% become a liberal talking point. Sorry dude, I won't help the enemy.

Oh, and I'm more worried about the economy than a few cases of this year's nasty strand of flu.

suzzer99
08-13-2020, 05:25 PM

This is even dumber than your hoax post. Even in a full blown herd immunity situation 30% of the population will never catch it. We're nowhere near that as tons of people are taking precautions, bars are shut down, no indoor sporting events, etc. So your odds of catching it are still fairly low.

Hospital ICUs are full in many places. NYC almost tipped over. N. Italy did tip over. But yeah just hundreds of 1000s of people who work in healthcare all over the world, and every epidemiologist and virologist, all in on the big conspiracy. Even your president said to wear a mask. You think he did that for fun?

All these sports bans, travel bans, almost every government on earth making concessions - just mass delusion. GloryDayz got it all figured out.

Again - aggressively ignorant to a staggering degree. Or trolling.

FloridaMan88
08-13-2020, 05:50 PM

Nobody there gives a shit about the pandemic

There was a big gathering at Mount Rushmore for July 4th that was supposed to be a “super spreader event” and nothing happened.

suzzer99
08-13-2020, 05:53 PM
Maybe some were saying that - but most in the covid thread here have never thought outdoor events were very dangerous.

It's almost like we base our opinions on actual facts and not partisan nonsense from either side.

Halfcan
08-14-2020, 12:52 AM
Maybe some were saying that - but most in the covid thread here have never thought outdoor events were very dangerous.

It's almost like we base our opinions on actual facts and not partisan nonsense from either side.

Yep, some were saying it- like all the mainstream media except Fox. They went nuts over Oklahoma Trump rally too.

But they also said social justice rioting was fine- which caused this second wave.

Since the virus is being used as a political weapon- it is pretty hard to find an honest opinion on it.

srvy
08-14-2020, 01:03 AM

Guess there is one non-pansy in the gene pool.

suzzer99
08-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Yep, some were saying it- like all the mainstream media except Fox. They went nuts over Oklahoma Trump rally too.

But they also said social justice rioting was fine- which caused this second wave.

Since the virus is being used as a political weapon- it is pretty hard to find an honest opinion on it.

He Oklahoma rally was indoors and Herman Cain probably died from it.

The media has infinite content to fill and says just about everything at some point.

Dunerdr
08-14-2020, 09:22 AM
came for the bikers, left cause the covid.

stumppy
08-14-2020, 09:51 AM

LMAO

Yup! All that rioting in Georgia, Texas, and Arizona. LMAO

Fat Elvis
08-14-2020, 11:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gIYQ6hh-XD4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How much you wanna bet she screamed something about "Muh Freedumbs" when that bison was tossing her around?

suzzer99
08-14-2020, 11:15 AM
https://www.facebook.com/YellowstoneNPS/posts/3806724239342902

Bisons are scary.

rico
08-14-2020, 11:24 AM
I don’t care what anyone says, that “Fush Yu Mang” CD Smash Mouth had with “Walkin’ On The Sun” was really cool.

Dayze
08-14-2020, 01:18 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v5Lmkm5EF5E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FloridaMan88
08-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Lack of movement. At Sturgis, people are both outside and moving around a lot, so they're not around the same people for very long. At a football game, you could be downstream of someone spreading viral particles for 3.5 hours.

I'm not saying the latter is absolutely the worst thing in the world, but there IS a difference.

Not as much lack of movement as there is on an airplane, where people sit stationary in close proximity (in an indoor environment) for potentially several hours... and so far that hasn't been an issue.

DaFace
08-14-2020, 04:38 PM
Not as much lack of movement as there is on an airplane, where people sit stationary in close proximity (in an indoor environment) for potentially several hours... and so far that hasn't been an issue.Get back to me when the Chiefs install individual vents at every seat and HEPA filters. Also, there have been outbreaks on planes.

suzzer99
08-14-2020, 04:42 PM
Rule of thumb I try to use: if you can smell a fart for more than a few seconds, you probably don't have enough air movement.

I've had flights where someone near me was just carpet bombing me for hours, usually starting right after mealtime. I'd really not like for that person to have covid.

But I guess as long as we're both wearing masks, I'd feel better about my chances. Fart particles are a lot smaller than breath droplets.

I always seem to get sick after flying. But I always assume it's something already floating around in my nose or something - which gets stirred up when takeoff and landing are like taking a plunger to my sinuses. Plus the overall stress of flying.

FloridaMan88
08-14-2020, 04:43 PM
Get back to me when the Chiefs install individual vents at every seat and HEPA filters. Also, there have been outbreaks on planes.

Being indoors with vents/HEPA filters is better than being outdoors?

DaFace
08-14-2020, 04:46 PM
Being indoors with vents/HEPA filters is better than being outdoors?Sorry. I used up my crayon box on Pete.

PHOG
08-14-2020, 04:52 PM
Rule of thumb I try to use: if you can smell a fart for more than a few seconds, you probably don't have enough air movement.

I've had flights where someone near me was just carpet bombing me for hours, usually starting right after mealtime. I'd really not like for that person to have covid.

But I guess as long as we're both wearing masks, I'd feel better about my chances. Fart particles are a lot smaller than breath droplets.

Link?

suzzer99
08-14-2020, 05:41 PM
Link?

https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/fart.html

Gases are also what can make farts smell bad. Tiny amounts of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane combine with hydrogen sulfide (say: SUHL-fyde) and ammonia (say: uh-MOW-nyuh) in the large intestine to give gas its smell. Phew!

candyman
08-14-2020, 05:42 PM

So fucking what?

FloridaMan88
08-14-2020, 06:55 PM
Sorry. I used up my crayon box on Pete.

Tap out acknowledged.

DaFace
08-14-2020, 07:04 PM
Tap out acknowledged.In much the same way that I tap out after a three year old asks me "why?" for an hour, I suppose. You got me. Now go lie down on your carpet square, eat some glue, and sniff the shit in your diaper.

Bearcat
08-14-2020, 07:08 PM
In much the same way that I tap out after a three year old asks me "why?" for an hour, I suppose. You got me. Now go lie down on your carpet square, eat some glue, and sniff the shit in your diaper.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/7J26fDOzFJqPtO2Vxz" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-mood-7J26fDOzFJqPtO2Vxz">via GIPHY</a></p>

seclark
08-14-2020, 07:11 PM
DaFace just fixed his shit
sec

PHOG
08-14-2020, 07:36 PM
https://kidshealth.org/en/kids/fart.html

:clap:

JakeF
08-14-2020, 07:39 PM
There was a big gathering at Mount Rushmore for July 4th that was supposed to be a “super spreader event” and nothing happened.
in florida, the spring breakers did lead to a big outbreak. Now Florida is struggling to get things under control.

Random, never know who it going to catch it and spread it.

JakeF
08-14-2020, 07:42 PM
So fucking what?
So fucking what, are you a moron? He is worried that his uncles' preexisting condition combined with Covids could lead to some serious health issues.

Lemme guess, you are another inbred mongoloid that believes covids is a hoax and nothing more than the flu.

stumppy
08-14-2020, 07:56 PM
In much the same way that I tap out after a three year old asks me "why?" for an hour, I suppose. You got me. Now go lie down on your carpet square, eat some glue, and sniff the shit in your diaper.

LMAO

vailpass
08-14-2020, 07:56 PM
Aww man. I came in looking to see some good Sturgis stories and pics. Instead, it’s the COVID bullshit.

candyman
08-14-2020, 08:08 PM
So ****ing what, are you a moron? He is worried that his uncles' preexisting condition combined with Covids could lead to some serious health issues.

Lemme guess, you are another inbred mongoloid that believes covids is a hoax and nothing more than the flu.

Listen ****face.

For one it's an outdoor event.

Two, I'm guessing his uncle is pretty ****ing old and having just went through major heart surgery the poor old bastard probably just wants to have fun and live his life a little before it ends. Or he could spend the rest of his days quarantined like a rat in a cage until his ultimate demise.

Nobody including his nephew should question his decision to enjoy the remainder of his life.

Finally, go fuck yourself.

Pablo
08-14-2020, 08:21 PM
Aww man. I came in looking to see some good Sturgis stories and pics. Instead, it’s the COVID bullshit.

You miss the skank getting mauled by a bison a few posts up?

Pablo
08-14-2020, 08:30 PM
Tap out acknowledged.

Rona will be over about the same time that duh u runs recruiting in the state of Florida.

neech
08-14-2020, 09:32 PM
Taking a tour of the town on Google maps is interesting, the town is spliced up with maps from May, August, Sept. and October.

Main and Milde street has some of the bike feel because they were taken in August, otherwise the town seems quiet. Seems like a decent Midwest town overall.

mlyonsd
08-14-2020, 09:39 PM
Taking a tour of the town on Google maps is interesting, the town is spliced up with maps from May, August, Sept. and October.

Main and Milde street has some of the bike feel because they were taken in August, otherwise the town seems quiet. Seems like a decent Midwest town overall.
It's a quiet town 10 months out of the year. Friendly people willing to help you out. They understand a lot of their revenue is made in a short time.

It is however on the edge of the black hills. It can be hotter than hell there this time of year.

LiveSteam
08-15-2020, 11:53 AM
The Great White Buffalo made its final stand.

On some woman in Custer State Park.

+1 for the Buffalo.

FloridaMan88
08-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Rona will be over about the same time that duh u runs recruiting in the state of Florida.

So it will be over now?

Miami is in the process of securing virtually every major South Florida recruit for 2021.

Talk about an attempted diss fail, JFC LMAO

FloridaMan88
08-15-2020, 12:09 PM

It is hilarious to watch you continue to attempt (and mostly fail) at making a case for why sitting outdoors in a football stadium is more risky than sitting on an airplane vs attending an outdoor protest, etc.

Bottom line is during the past few months people have flown on airplanes, participated in protests, attended outdoor celebrations at Mt. Rushmore and while each has its own incremental differences in terms of risks, as a general rule none of those activities have led to the so called ”super spreader events” you are breathlessly anticipating.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 01:09 PM
It is hilarious to watch you continue to attempt (and mostly fail) at making a case for why sitting outdoors in a football stadium is more risky than sitting on an airplane vs attending an outdoor protest, etc.

Bottom line is during the past few months people have flown on airplanes, participated in protests, attended outdoor celebrations at Mt. Rushmore and while each has its own incremental differences in terms of risks, as a general rule none of those activities have led to the so called ”super spreader events” you are breathlessly anticipating.You're trying to make a case for a position you hold. I'm trying to help you understand how the world works from the data we have available. That's the difference.

It's not my responsibility to cure you of your ignorance. If you truly wanted to learn, there are plenty of sources out there that can help you. But you don't. So why should I waste my time?

jjjayb
08-15-2020, 01:51 PM
You're trying to make a case for a position you hold. I'm trying to help you understand how the world works from the data we have available. That's the difference.

It's not my responsibility to cure you of your ignorance. If you truly wanted to learn, there are plenty of sources out there that can help you. But you don't. So why should I waste my time?

Jesus christ. Can we get away from you fucking fear mongers anywhere? Take your shit somewhere else. We're surrounded by breathless Covid fear porn every where we look. Take it somewhere else. If you're time is up, it's up. Quit living in fear like a little bitch.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 02:20 PM
Jesus christ. Can we get away from you fucking fear mongers anywhere? Take your shit somewhere else. We're surrounded by breathless Covid fear porn every where we look. Take it somewhere else. If you're time is up, it's up. Quit living in fear like a little bitch.Well look at that. Speak of ignorance, and a perfect example appears.

suzzer99
08-15-2020, 02:25 PM
Can we make some kind of rule that blatant counter-factual stupidity has to stay in the DC forum where it belongs?

patteeu
08-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Can we make some kind of rule that blatant counter-factual stupidity has to stay in the DC forum where it belongs?

No

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2020, 03:01 PM
No

The DC was created especially for those people that wanted to talk politics or for people that just couldn't join in on a conversation without making it political.

For whatever reason, the Mods are allowing politics to slip into nearly every thread in the Lounge and I think it fucking sucks.

There's a dedicated forum in which to discuss politics, so there's absolutely no reason to bring that into the Lounge, which should be reserved for sports only.

It's not like people are talking sports in the DC.

patteeu
08-15-2020, 03:45 PM
The DC was created especially for those people that wanted to talk politics or for people that just couldn't join in on a conversation without making it political.

For whatever reason, the Mods are allowing politics to slip into nearly every thread in the Lounge and I think it fucking sucks.

There's a dedicated forum in which to discuss politics, so there's absolutely no reason to bring that into the Lounge, which should be reserved for sports only.

Counter-factuals aren’t inherently poliitical. Susser is just trying to limit non-political arguments he doesn’t like.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 03:47 PM
Counter-factuals aren’t inherently poliitical.

You're right. We should just ban them entirely. Good idea.

patteeu
08-15-2020, 03:50 PM

That’s idiotic, but whatever you want to do. I’m not sure why you picked this hill to say something nonsensical on.

Pablo
08-15-2020, 03:57 PM
So it will be over now?

Miami is in the process of securing virtually every major South Florida recruit for 2021.

Talk about an attempted diss fail, JFC LMAO

Smells like you're cooking up a couple of .500 seasons here really soon!

DaFace
08-15-2020, 03:59 PM
That’s idiotic, but whatever you want to do. I’m not sure why you picked this hill to say something nonsensical on.Just trying to match your desired level of intellectual conversation. Any opinion is valued no matter how idiotic, right?

Pablo
08-15-2020, 04:06 PM

DaFace for MOD GOD.

stumppy
08-15-2020, 04:20 PM

Mod of the year!

patteeu
08-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Just trying to match your desired level of intellectual conversation. Any opinion is valued no matter how idiotic, right?

I don’t need you or Suzzer curating for me, if that’s what you’re asking. I still don’t know why you’d pick this topic to get stupid on. Do counter-factual arguments enrage you?

DaFace
08-15-2020, 05:02 PM
I don’t need you or Suzzer curating for me, if that’s what you’re asking. I still don’t know why you’d pick this topic to get stupid on. Do counter-factual arguments enrage you?

Enraged? No. But I do think that elevating the opinions of those who intentionally choose not to learn about the topics they're discussing is annoying at best and harmful at worst.

On a side note, I don't mean any offense, but I'm going to stop responding to you for a while. I'm not sure you've said a word to me in the past 5 years that wasn't bitching in some way about either me or the mods, so I'm not sure what the point really is. You want CP to be a free-for-all with no subforums and where the quality of discussion in DC reigns supreme. We get it. It's not happening. It's wasting both my energy and yours to get into it further anymore.

Bearcat
08-15-2020, 05:10 PM

My personal hot take is whatever line we draw, some people will always walk right up to it and put their toes on that line, and inch across to be just obnoxious enough to fly under the radar. And not just for politics.... people have literally asked us how shitty they can be to other people and wanting us to provide the line on racism or hate or whatever.

As far as politics, there are certainly people who are more in tune to it than I am... people who point out how political certain posts are because of some sub context that I'd otherwise be unaware of, whether it's some public figure who's on one side or the other, or DC leakage, etc.

We've never been zero tolerance on much around here, and as much as I'd love to put a stop to every political thing in the Lounge, a lot of it is more eye-roll inducing than anything... and it would really be more about booting people from the Lounge entirely than trying to put up with the same people who get booted from threads.

I don't have a good answer for it. Daface one day mentioned having no DC at all... and while in theory that gives people a place to spew all of their political drivel, maybe getting rid of it would drive those idiots away. :shrug:

stumppy
08-15-2020, 05:28 PM
My personal hot take is whatever line we draw, some people will always walk right up to it and put their toes on that line, and inch across to be just obnoxious enough to fly under the radar. And not just for politics.... people have literally asked us how shitty they can be to other people and wanting us to provide the line on racism or hate or whatever.

As far as politics, there are certainly people who are more in tune to it than I am... people who point out how political certain posts are because of some sub context that I'd otherwise be unaware of, whether it's some public figure who's on one side or the other, or DC leakage, etc.

We've never been zero tolerance on much around here, and as much as I'd love to put a stop to every political thing in the Lounge, a lot of it is more eye-roll inducing than anything... and it would really be more about booting people from the Lounge entirely than trying to put up with the same people who get booted from threads.

I don't have a good answer for it. Daface one day mentioned having no DC at all... and while in theory that gives people a place to spew all of their political drivel, maybe getting rid of it would drive those idiots away. :shrug:

:thumb:

mlyonsd
08-15-2020, 05:47 PM
Says the idiot that posts there.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2020, 05:49 PM
I don't have a good answer for it.

Well, since some people are unable to "Self-Police" in the Lounge, the answer would involve a ridiculous amount of work on behalf of the moderators, which is unfair because CP moderators aren't paid for their time or services.

But outside of just booting people day in a day out, there really isn't an answer because apparently, some people view everything with a political eye, which often causes pure football threads to become political in nature, basically defeating the idea of having a Lounge for football/sports and a DC for politics.

Daface one day mentioned having no DC at all... and while in theory that gives people a place to spew all of their political drivel, maybe getting rid of it would drive those idiots away. :shrug:

I'd be all for abolishing the DC because the overwhelming majority of those people rarely even bother participating in the Lounge (or the other forums), so their contributions would not be missed.

The real problem with abolishing the DC is that not only would the Lounge need to be heavily moderated 24/7, it would likely take months of heavy moderation and most likely, dozens of bannings in order for those people to stop with the political talk and even then, it would be a challenge to moderate on a daily basis.

mlyonsd
08-15-2020, 05:53 PM
Well, since some people are unable to "Self-Police" in the Lounge, the answer would involve a ridiculous amount of work on behalf of the moderators, which is unfair because CP moderators aren't paid for their time or services.

But outside of just booting people day in a day out, there really isn't an answer because apparently, some people view everything with a political eye, which often causes pure football threads to become political in nature, basically defeating the idea of having a Lounge for football/sports and a DC for politics.

I'd be all for abolishing the DC because the overwhelming majority of those people rarely even bother participating in the Lounge (or the other forums), so their contributions would not be missed.

The real problem with abolishing the DC is that not only would the Lounge need to be heavily moderated 24/7, it would likely take months of heavy moderation and most likely, dozens of bannings in order for those people to stop with the political talk and even then, it would be a challenge to moderate on a daily basis.
This guy gets it.

patteeu
08-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Enraged? No. But I do think that elevating the opinions of those who intentionally choose not to learn about the topics they're discussing is annoying at best and harmful at worst.

On a side note, I don't mean any offense, but I'm going to stop responding to you for a while. I'm not sure you've said a word to me in the past 5 years that wasn't bitching in some way about either me or the mods, so I'm not sure what the point really is. You want CP to be a free-for-all with no subforums and where the quality of discussion in DC reigns supreme. We get it. It's not happening. It's wasting both my energy and yours to get into it further anymore.

Don’t let it avoid your notice that I wasn’t the snarky instigator here.

I don’t think we should have separated DC from the Lounge. The process that was used was rotten too. I’ve long ago accepted that it will never go back. I very occasionally bring it up and maybe give a brief explanation about why I think it was a bad decision, but I don’t make a big deal about it.

You can reply or not reply to my posts. I’ll know it if you do and I don’t care about the reasons if you don’t.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 06:02 PM

The real problem with abolishing the DC is that not only would the Lounge need to be heavily moderated 24/7, it would likely take months of heavy moderation and most likely, dozens of bannings in order for those people to stop with the political talk and even then, it would be a challenge to moderate on a daily basis.I think anything like that would require a decision to basically just allow the mods to enforce their opinions broadly and let the rules all be be fuzzy guidelines. That can work in some communities, but it's pretty contrary to how things have always been done around here.

stumppy
08-15-2020, 06:06 PM

I pretty much agree with your post, although I wonder if having DC doesn't actually cause more political posts in the Lounge.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 06:14 PM

I pretty much agree with your post, although I wonder if having DC doesn't actually cause more political posts in the Lounge.I kind of think it probably does. People get used to the shit slinging in DC and naturally carry that style over to the Lounge.

To be fair though, all of this started with 88 spewing nonsense, and he tends to do that regardless of the topic.

Pablo
08-15-2020, 06:22 PM

There's only one solution:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/02d891b35bb0b29d1120c1939fc2eb96/tumblr_nyvvagpwBt1qa32meo2_r1_500.gifv

stumppy
08-15-2020, 06:22 PM
I kind of think it probably does. People get used to the shit slinging in DC and naturally carry that style over to the Lounge.

To be fair though, all of this started with 88 spewing nonsense, and he tends to do that regardless of the topic.

As has been pointed out already....88 in a user name tells you all you need to know.:D

stumppy
08-15-2020, 06:24 PM
There's only one solution:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/02d891b35bb0b29d1120c1939fc2eb96/tumblr_nyvvagpwBt1qa32meo2_r1_500.gifv

jdubya
08-15-2020, 06:24 PM
The word "politics" is getting thrown around loosely. In this thread the conversation of covid began to take over Sturgis but that doesnt necessarily mean it is politics......or at least party politics which is what destroys threads. However social issues are the topic of the nation and everything gets sucked into it. NBA, MLB and the NFL have opened their arms to making social justice a priority. Every sports board in the country is experiencing a spike in social issue talk or as some say "politics". I believe it impossible to eliminate this wondering of ideas and disagreements from many threads but civility can be controlled. If names are getting called or personal insults then ship it off to DC otherwise keep it civil or move on.

eDave
08-15-2020, 06:27 PM

Truth. And they will let you know too.

BigRedChief
08-15-2020, 06:32 PM
I think anything like that would require a decision to basically just allow the mods to enforce their opinions broadly and let the rules all be be fuzzy guidelines. That can work in some communities, but it's pretty contrary to how things have always been done around here.there would be a revolt if mods were allowed to “mod” on their opinions.
The current societal and government situations are going to have some bleed over into football, fans, games etc that normally would never occur. I pushed the envelope when it first started as much as anyone. But, in my defense I’ve not posted like that for months now.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2020, 06:32 PM
I think anything like that would require a decision to basically just allow the mods to enforce their opinions broadly and let the rules all be be fuzzy guidelines. That can work in some communities, but it's pretty contrary to how things have always been done around here.

I disagree. There's no reason for people to bring up politics or their hatred of certain TV channels due their politics in threads about football.

Some knucklehead brought up his hatred of a TV network in the Damien Williams thread, which is completely and utterly unnecessary.

The blatant posts are blatant and IMO, aren't that difficult to spot and require no opinion by the moderator.

Bring up politics = banned from the thread. Seems pretty easy to me.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 06:53 PM
I disagree. There's no reason for people to bring up politics or their hatred of certain TV channels due their politics in threads about football.

Some knucklehead brought up his hatred of a TV network in the Damien Williams thread, which is completely and utterly unnecessary.

The blatant posts are blatant and IMO, aren't that difficult to spot and require no opinion by the moderator.

Bring up politics = banned from the thread. Seems pretty easy to me.I guess feel free to do a poll and see if a majority of people want us to ban people for mentioning certain TV channels.

suzzer99
08-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Counter-factuals aren’t inherently poliitical. Susser is just trying to limit non-political arguments he doesn’t like.

No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. Sometimes (but probably not this thread) it's a conscious attempt to get a thread moved to DC where they can swarm it and gum it to death. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative about coronahoax. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.

patty I used to think you and donger were the same. I didn't agree with either of you on a ton of stuff. But I considered you both to at least be willing to use logic to defend your positions. Somewhere along the line donger stayed with basic respect for facts - while you took the other fork in the road and went into full blown spin mode. Maybe you should put your amazing argumentative skills to work for good for once - like convincing the coronahoax people they're wrong instead of defending them.

DaneMcCloud
08-15-2020, 06:58 PM
I guess feel free to do a poll and see if a majority of people want us to ban people for mentioning certain TV channels.

Okay, now you're being obtude, Dude.

The point is that some people either cannot or will not separate sports from their political beliefs and it's becoming more and more prevalent in the Lounge with each passing day.

If you want to sit back and make snarky remarks, go for it, but I thought that we were having a rational conversation.

Apparently, I was wrong.

suzzer99
08-15-2020, 07:03 PM
To be fair, a thread about Sturgis in August 2020 is going to really be about covid, which of course has a ton of political weight attached. There is plenty of room for legitimate debate about whether Sturgis is really that dangerous or not.

But "lol you idiots the whole thing is a hoax, stop living in fear pussies" is not one of those legitimate positions. It's a bad-faith tactic to gunk up the thread and drown out sensible discussion imo. Or it's just performative trolling nonsense.

DaFace
08-15-2020, 07:04 PM
Okay, now you're being obtude, Dude.

The point is that some people either cannot or will not separate sports from their political beliefs and it's becoming more and more prevalent in the Lounge with each passing day.

If you want to sit back and make snarky remarks, go for it, but I thought that we were having a rational conversation.

Apparently, I was wrong.This place has pretty much always been ruled by the majority. I don't think what you're suggesting is something that the majority wants. You are welcome to prove me wrong.

I don't know how that's being obtuse.

mlyonsd
08-15-2020, 07:12 PM
And all of a sudden this turned into the Star board from 20 years ago

suzzer99
08-15-2020, 07:12 PM
Those were good times.

Bearcat
08-15-2020, 07:17 PM
No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.

Yeah, that's when you start relying on mod opinion to figure out if stupidity is politically motivated or not.

I'd personally ban 88 forever because he's too stupid to be on the internet, whether it's on purpose or not.... but, we've never banned people purely out of idiocy.

I've booted him from a thread or three because he opinion spams for attention, but I really don't know if the bullshit he's spewing is politically motivated or not. I'm well aware that some of the shit he spews has become political, but it just goes back to where you would draw the lines of whether people are trying to insert their political perspective.

And like BRC said, there's just so much shit these days that tie in politics with sports... and do we ban every person who uses the acronym SJW or slyly (or not so much) inserts their opinion of Covid or BLM or whatever, etc, etc... it would be exhausting and most likely not add an equally significant value to the Lounge.

Nickhead
08-15-2020, 07:53 PM
to me, it only seems fair that people inject politics into sport or whatever, considering sports has brought politics into its bubble. not to mention the fact that there are no 'real sports' to talk about in this current climate. Some here whinge just as much if not more than some of the SJW crowd. :D

stevieray
08-15-2020, 08:00 PM
And all of a sudden this turned into the Star board from 20 years ago

ouch

How many people in this thread even ride?

lewdog
08-15-2020, 08:11 PM
KCdumbass88 is one of the dumbest posters on the entire board. It takes work to be that retarded.

Pablo
08-15-2020, 08:24 PM
KCdumbass88 is one of the dumbest posters on the entire board. It takes work to be that retarded.

And he roots for the fifth best football program in the state of Florida. LOL he's a loser all around.

Bearcat
08-15-2020, 08:48 PM
And he roots for the fifth best football program in the state of Florida. LOL he's a loser all around.

I once got a postcard from them bragging "3rd best MBA program in southern Florida!"

Not the southeast.

Not Florida.

Southern Florida. LMAO

And KU has the greatest football program in 66044.

patteeu
08-15-2020, 09:00 PM
No I'm trying to keep counter-factuals which 100% come from partisan stupidity (like coronahoax) out of the lounge. No one thinks coronavirus is a hoax because of anything but politics. It's a sneaky way of inserting politics w/o directly mentioning politics. Sometimes (but probably not this thread) it's a conscious attempt to get a thread moved to DC where they can swarm it and gum it to death. I'm not even sure if they're being serious or performative about coronahoax. Maybe they don't know either - which basically describes politics in 2020.

patty I used to think you and donger were the same. I didn't agree with either of you on a ton of stuff. But I considered you both to at least be willing to use logic to defend your positions. Somewhere along the line donger stayed with basic respect for facts - while you took the other fork in the road and went into full blown spin mode. Maybe you should put your amazing argumentative skills to work for good for once - like convincing the coronahoax people they're wrong instead of defending them.

Who are these coronahoax people you think I’m defending. I’ve never called coronavirus a hoax.

It’s not surprising that Donger’s heel turn appeals to your sense of Trump badness.

Pablo
08-15-2020, 09:02 PM
I once got a postcard from them bragging "3rd best MBA program in southern Florida!"

Not the southeast.

Not Florida.

Southern Florida. LMAO

And KU has the greatest football program in 66044.

They're proud of being almost relevant that's for sure.

tk13
08-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Screw that crap. Fire these people into the sun. I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry. Dude compared COVID to peanut allergies the other day. That is willfully ignorant and dangerous and just flat out trolling to get a rise out of people.

That's why we created a DC forum to contain all the people who've let their brains be rotted by politics.

Pablo
08-15-2020, 09:20 PM
Screw that crap. Fire these people into the sun. I wouldn't feel the least bit sorry. Dude compared COVID to peanut allergies the other day. That is willfully ignorant and dangerous and just flat out trolling.

That's why we created a DC forum to contain all the people who've let their brains be rotted by politics.

The kind of scum that post there regularly (BEP) don't have a single thought cross their mind that isn't polluted by politics.

tk13
08-15-2020, 09:23 PM
The kind of scum that post there regularly (BEP) don't have a single thought cross their mind that isn't polluted by politics.

A lot of people in this country have. It's why we're in the shape we're in. Food allergies kill like 150-200 people a year, and we have to sit here and try to fact correct people who compare it to a virus that has killed 160k in 6 months. I mean you might as well just blow the whole damn forum up because that kind of "conversation" adds zero value to anything.

Politics isn't even having values anymore. It's taking a position opposite someone else so you can just troll them.

stumppy
08-15-2020, 09:33 PM
A lot of people in this country have. It's why we're in the shape we're in. Food allergies kill like 150-200 people a year, and we have to sit here and try to fact correct people who compare it to a virus that has killed 160k in 6 months. I mean you might as well just blow the whole damn forum up because that kind of "conversation" adds zero value to anything.

Politics isn't even having values anymore. It's taking a position opposite someone else so you can just troll them.

It's even gotten to be more of a cesspool this last year or two. Seems to be several new posters there that contribute nothing positive to CP. They tend to be the kind that believe and perpetuate any wacked out conspiracy theory put forth by "their side'. The more despicable the better.

mlyonsd
08-15-2020, 09:52 PM
It's even gotten to be more of a cesspool this last year or two. Seems to be several new posters there that contribute nothing positive to CP. They tend to be the kind that believe and perpetuate any wacked out conspiracy theory put forth by "their side'. The more despicable the better.
You're just as guilty as anyone you twit. Want me to go thru the covid thread and point it out?

stumppy
08-15-2020, 10:32 PM
You're just as guilty as anyone you twit. Want me to go thru the covid thread and point it out?

Hey fuckstick, you like running around behind my posts and licking my ass?

You go right ahead, give it your best shot.

crazycoffey
08-15-2020, 10:45 PM

It’s funny. I agree with the sentiment of this post but would apply it to the opposite argument.

But I’m really curious why it’s being discussed in this thread. Is this the new CP, Alex sucks in every thread? No escape. Gotta talk about the Rona everywhere now.

GTFO with it please

DaFace
08-15-2020, 10:59 PM
It’s funny. I agree with the sentiment of this post but would apply it to the opposite argument.

But I’m really curious why it’s being discussed in this thread. Is this the new CP, Alex sucks in every thread? No escape. Gotta talk about the Rona everywhere now.

GTFO with it please

The thread is only here because it was bumped to bring up the COVID angle. Should have been a new thread, but no one starts threads anymore it seems.

crazycoffey
08-15-2020, 11:05 PM
To be fair, a thread about Sturgis in August 2020 is going to really be about covid, which of course has a ton of political weight attached. There is plenty of room for legitimate debate about whether Sturgis is really that dangerous or not.

But "lol you idiots the whole thing is a hoax, stop living in fear pussies" is not one of those legitimate positions. It's a bad-faith tactic to gunk up the thread and drown out sensible discussion imo. Or it's just performative trolling nonsense.

It’s a little before 2020

crazycoffey
08-15-2020, 11:07 PM
The thread is only here because it was bumped to bring up the COVID angle. Should have been a new thread, but no one starts threads anymore it seems.

No shit? I didn’t notice it was bumped..............................................

crazycoffey
08-15-2020, 11:10 PM
Since this is the new DC lounge lite and best place to discuss the Rona

I wonder, when was the first US Rona case?

What is the us population?

What is the number of “confirmed” cases of the Rona in the US?

What again is the number of Rona Deaths in the US?

Can we get a few mathematicians in here to explain the findings?

mlyonsd
08-16-2020, 12:05 AM

This is what I was responding to. There are some of us that knew when the DC forum was built that was where to take political discussion to not affect the lounge. If everyone followed the rules it wouldn't be an issue.

You're part of the cesspool that is infecting the lounge. There are others on the other side of the spectrum as well but don't pretend you aren't part of the problem.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 12:16 AM
Since this is the new DC lounge lite and best place to discuss the Rona

I wonder, when was the first US Rona case?

What is the us population?

What is the number of “confirmed” cases of the Rona in the US?

What again is the number of Rona Deaths in the US?

Can we get a few mathematicians in here to explain the findings?

Come on, no one? So many full of opinions. From it a hoax it it’s the worst thing ever!

I’ll help best I can;

Some say first case was November 2019, some say feb 2020. Either way, more than 6 months.

Us population; some say around 320 million, some say 340 million. But not accounted are visitors, legally or not. So it should be easy to assume the population is probably well over 340 million. But for simple math, we’ll just say 300 million.

Confirmed cases? Under 6 million, per the cdc; right now. Not taking into account the duplicates or possible false positives: Let’s round up to 6 million anyway. For simple math. Since it’s half way through the year, let’s make that “2% of the us population”, 4%, if you’re inclined to to believe the fear mongering media. In one year’ time we POSSIBLY face 4% of the US population contracting this horrible virus. That’s a reasonable projection that is more likely false than positive.

Confirmed deaths; under 200,000 (under 168,000). If that number continues on the above assumptions, we face the projection of 400,000 deaths in “one year” of this pandemic. Pretty close to 1% survival rating even with the liberties of the numbers.

So, recap; 2-3% of the us population (give or take .9%) in one years time gets the virus. And around 1% (give or take about .5%) could die in a one year time period.

Without a vaccine, But it’s imperative we wear masks and vote by mail and small family owned businesses stay closed while Walmart stays open. And protesting cops is good but protesting Rona regulations are bad. Funerals for said bad cops actions are ok. but going to grandma’s funeral is bad.

I agree it’s not a hoax. It is worse than the “regular” flu. And may be almost as bad as the H1N1 or may be slightly worse. But it’s most certainly being used to push agendas and propaganda. During an election year. When a non politician is creating waves on both sides of the party lines.

But thinking wearing a mask in your own car, by yourself, is the new normal. And thinking opposite of masks, and Rona fear, and political polarizing in every form of media outlooks; is the stupid take in all of this.......

Ok, dudes...............

mlyonsd
08-16-2020, 12:29 AM
Come on, no one? So many full of opinions. From it a hoax it it’s the worst thing ever!

I’ll help best I can;

Some say first case was November 2019, some say feb 2020. Either way, more than 6 months.

Us population; some say around 320 million, some say 340 million. But not accounted are visitors, legally or not. So it should be easy to assume the population is probably well over 340 million. But for simple math, we’ll just say 300 million.

Confirmed cases? Under 6 million, per the cdc; right now. Not taking into account the duplicates or possible false positives: Let’s round up to 6 million anyway. For simple math. Since it’s half way through the year, let’s make that “2% of the us population”, 4%, if you’re inclined to to believe the fear mongering media. In one year’ time we POSSIBLY face 4% of the US population contracting this horrible virus. That’s a reasonable projection that is more likely false than positive.

Confirmed deaths; under 200,000 (under 168,000). If that number continues on the above assumptions, we face the projection of 400,000 deaths in “one year” of this pandemic. Pretty close to 1% survival rating even with the liberties of the numbers.

So, recap; 1% of the us population (give or take .9%) in one years time gets the virus. And around 1% (give or take about .5%) could die in a one year time period.

Without a vaccine, But it’s imperative we wear masks and vote by mail and small family owned businesses stay closed while Walmart stays open. And protesting cops is good but protesting Rona regulations are bad. Funerals for said bad cops actions are ok. but going to grandma’s funeral is bad.

I agree it’s not a hoax. It is worse than the “regular” flu. And may be almost as bad as the H1N1 or may be slightly worse. But it’s most certainly being used to push agendas and propaganda. During an election year. When a non politician is creating waves on both sides of the party lines.

But thinking wearing a mask in your own car, by yourself, is the new normal. And thinking opposite of masks, and Rona fear, and political polarizing in every form of media outlooks; is the stupid take in all of this.......

Ok, dudes...............I have no answer other than take the precautions you deem necessary in your situation. I wear a mask for the benefit of others, whether or not it makes a difference.

It was move in day for USD and unfortunately I had to stop at Hy-Vee. All the old people were wearing masks and maybe 50% of the young students moving in. We're just going to make it through it at this point. Can't stop the planet from spinning.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 12:39 AM
I have no answer other than take the precautions you deem necessary in your situation. I wear a mask for the benefit of others, whether or not it makes a difference.

It was move in day for USD and unfortunately I had to stop at Hy-Vee. All the old people were wearing masks and maybe 50% of the young students moving in. We're just going to make it through it at this point. Can't stop the planet from spinning.

I’d worry more on the cleaning of their hands and items most touched by other hands, than any mask.

But. Pray tell, what mask were you wearing? the others wearing? all properly worn? or was it just simpleton compliance, with no other thoughts on the matter?

Oh, I see..... it doesn’t matter if the mask works or not.

MTG#10
08-16-2020, 07:33 AM

I’ll help best I can;

So, recap; 2-3% of the us population (give or take .9%) in one years time gets the virus. And around 1% (give or take about .5%) could die in a one year time period.

Ok, dudes...............

Spot on. But no matter how many facts and logic you bring lots of people here will still call you a coronahoaxer. If you don't agree with the world-is-doomed outlook they've been spoonfed from the media you're just a conspiracy theorist in their eyes.

Easy 6
08-16-2020, 08:12 AM
to me, it only seems fair that people inject politics into sport or whatever, considering sports has brought politics into its bubble. not to mention the fact that there are no 'real sports' to talk about in this current climate. Some here whinge just as much if not more than some of the SJW crowd. :D

You make a very good point here

How do you keep politics out of a discussion when EVERYTHING is political now? Just as you say with sports, it wasn’t the fans that brought politics into it... it was the athletes and the media

Buying a goddamn can of Goya beans has somehow become a political act, there IS no keeping politics out of anything these days

And all the braying about “DC people” rings hollow when coming from some of you - looking at you Stummpy - everyone to the right of you is a Trumptard, so save your bitching for someone who gives a shit

Bowser
08-16-2020, 08:22 AM

99.96% survivability chance for Rona.

"Sensible discussion", or "just performative trolling nonsense"? You decide.

Easy 6
08-16-2020, 08:23 AM

LMAO Dong the truth teller, yeah you’re not biased at all

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-16-2020, 08:25 AM
And yet again, another originally interesting thread that now goes into the ignore file.

The football season cannot get here soon enough.:banghead:

DaFace
08-16-2020, 09:37 AM
And yet again, another originally interesting thread that now goes into the ignore file.

The football season cannot get here soon enough.:banghead:

There. I fixed it so it's now a proper Deberg thread. You guys can now safely un-ignore the thread that no one has posted in for 7 years.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 10:19 AM

And now this post looks random as hell....

Don’t answer questions; don’t address the issues. Just mod it to a new thread and everything is “fixed”.

This place has lost its burst

Beryllium

DaFace
08-16-2020, 10:33 AM
And now this post looks random as hell....

Don’t answer questions; don’t address the issues. Just mod it to a new thread and everything is “fixed”.

This place has lost its burst

BerylliumWhat are your suggestions? You're in charge. Just note that you have to be specific. Fuzzy guidelines just end up with people bitching incessantly.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 10:42 AM
What are your suggestions? You're in charge. Just note that you have to be specific. Fuzzy guidelines just end up with people bitching incessantly.

I’m in charge? Then delete it all and post a notice to go to DC or the Rona threads for that crap, or let it play its course where it started and maybe not be such a sensitive CP deity when confronted.

But I really don’t care. Like most of us, I just post to make myself laugh most the time or laugh at others. Are you not entertained? Let the bitches bitch.

DaFace
08-16-2020, 10:46 AM
I’m in charge? Then delete it all and post a notice to go to DC or the Rona threads for that crap, or let it play its course where it started and maybe not be such a sensitive CP deity when confronted.

But I really don’t care. Like most of us, I just post to make myself laugh most the time or laugh at others. Are you not entertained? Let the bitches bitch.

"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place has been a net negative on my life for a while now, so I'm gone for at least a little while and maybe forever. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 10:47 AM
"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place is a big drain on my happiness. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.

Control what you can control. Come back happier.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 10:54 AM

GTFO with it please

IMO, the Alex Smith stuff was worse.... I mean, on one hand it was at least football, but the topic didn't really matter.

At least with Covid and all of the other social issues, I think people should know what they're getting into when clicking on a thread, outside of a situation like this where a really old thread was bumped to talk about Covid things.

It's one thing if you want to talk about Clyde Edwards-Helaire or Subway and it derails into another Covid thread or whatever.... but, I feel like for the most part, those topics are limited to threads that should make it obvious to everyone. I could be wrong though.

ghak99
08-16-2020, 10:58 AM

I thought about this a while back and realized the mods are basically fucked.

I was originally really disappointed with the lounge getting so political, but the lounge concentrates on the Chiefs, the NFL, and other sports to lessor degree and leagues themselves have allowed politics to completely infiltrate their image. The biggest stories in the sports world right now are very political, there's just no way around it. You really can't expect people to talk about sports without talking about politics when the two have now become so intertwined.

I would still fully support smashing political talk in the lounge though. I enjoy both sides with a healthy divide as they're both an escape from each other.

Same goes for Covid. Just shut the fuck up about it already or at least keep it in it's own little corner, threads, so the shit that's being thrown in the fan doesn't get on the rest of us unless we decide to walk into the room.

TribalElder
08-16-2020, 11:07 AM
so did smash mouth get covid yet

lewdog
08-16-2020, 11:08 AM

Hopefully AIDS.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 11:16 AM

Hopefully AIDS.

Statistically speaking; likely a higher probability of them catching aides, but fuck the facts. Wear your mask to prevent aides! Masturbate with a condom to prevent your hand pregnancy too!m

But I’m the dumb one ignoring The facts, Just insensitive to others health for saying the mask is BS.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 11:36 AM
Statistically speaking; likely a higher probability of them catching aides, but **** the facts. Wear your mask to prevent aides! Masturbate with a condom to prevent your hand pregnancy too!m

But I’m the dumb one ignoring The facts, Just insensitive to others health for saying the mask is BS.

Well as far as deaths, 13,000 Americans die each year from AIDS, while 169,000 Americans have died from Covid in the past 6 months.

Are you going to ignore the actual fact? Because making up your own doesn't actually make it true.

HayWire
08-16-2020, 11:43 AM

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place has been a net negative on my life for a while now, so I'm gone for at least a little while and maybe forever. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.

Well fuck. If you truly mean this maybe it's time for a lot of us to step away. You've been a one of the best and most well rounded people here

Maybe we should start a "well bye" thread and burn this fucker to the ground.

This is my only social media but maybe a break would be good.

eDave
08-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Well fuck. If you truly mean this maybe it's time for a lot of us to step away. You've been a one of the best and most well rounded people here

Its just not that much fun here anymore.

Deberg_1990
08-16-2020, 11:51 AM

Hey now, your an all star. You cant leave.

suzzer99
08-16-2020, 11:53 AM
Obviously no one wants individual mods being the arbiters of truth, least of all the mods themselves I'm sure.

But it seems like maaaaaybe you could get some kind of "mod consensus" (6 out of 8 mods agree?) in extreme circumstances to just ban obvious shitposters from threads - like KCTotallyCoincidentially88 from this one and say pete's endless manic phase spew from the covid thread.

Like obviously qanon stuff isn't tolerated in the lounge. Should coronahoax be?

suzzer99
08-16-2020, 11:54 AM
Hey now, your an all star. You cant leave.

Might as well be walking on the sun.

Now do the 3rd Smashmouth song. No googling!

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 11:56 AM

On one hand, I'd like to say... well, it's the offseason and people need breaks from here every once in a while.

OTOH, Daface is the most zen person here and you've all managed to break him. :shake:

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 12:01 PM
Obviously no one wants individual mods being the arbiters of truth, least of all the mods themselves I'm sure.

But it seems like maaaaaybe you could get some kind of "mod consensus" (6 out of 8 mods agree?) in extreme circumstances to just ban obvious shitposters from threads - like KCTotallyCoincidentially88 from this one and say pete's endless manic phase spew from the covid thread.

We have already started banning him from threads for the constant spamming.

srvy
08-16-2020, 12:13 PM
A I'm leaving forever requires a dedicated stand alone thread. Once again deprived because of a virus.

BryanBusby
08-16-2020, 12:16 PM
It really isn't. Being too busy to post lately has been a blessing for me.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 12:17 PM
Well as far as deaths, 13,000 Americans die each year from AIDS, while 169,000 Americans have died from Covid in the past 6 months.

Are you going to ignore the actual fact? Because making up your own doesn't actually make it true.

It was tongue in cheek. Stop being sensitive. I acknowledge the Rona is real and is worse than normal flu strands but you have to also acknowledge. 160,000 deaths from 6 million “reported cases” is a VERY low mortality rate for such a horrible pandemic.

Baby Lee
08-16-2020, 12:20 PM

Tú también eres el agua de mi fuente, buen amigo!!!!

eDave
08-16-2020, 12:20 PM
A I'm leaving forever requires a dedicated stand alone thread. Once again deprived because of a virus.

Whatever. It's cost us a great mod. One that seemed to take on the lions share of modding. Hell, he was only trying to enforce a long standing rule in The Lounge and was right to do so.

jdubya
08-16-2020, 12:21 PM

Ive seen forums burn in flames when a "mod mob" mentality takes over by committee as well.

Look, this forum has lasted 20 years where the shelf life of many forums seems to be 7-10 years. This place is doing something right no matter how bizarre and fked up some you are. I wouldnt do anything drastic

HayWire
08-16-2020, 12:24 PM
On one hand, I'd like to say... well, it's the offseason and people need breaks from here every once in a while.

OTOH, Daface is the most zen person here and you've all managed to break him. :shake:

Please don't group me with "you've". I would like to think in my limited post I haven't caused to much headache. I'm generally a happy go lucky person

suzzer99
08-16-2020, 12:25 PM
We have already started banning him from threads for the constant spamming.

https://i.imgur.com/b5dVe3R.gif

BigRedChief
08-16-2020, 12:47 PM
Ive seen forums burn in flames when a "mod mob" mentality takes over by committee as well.

Look, this forum has lasted 20 years where the shelf life of many forums seems to be 7-10 years. This place is doing something right no matter how bizarre and fked up some you are. I wouldnt do anything drasticIt will start to get better one way or the other in 80 or so days.

srvy
08-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Whatever. It's cost us a great mod. One that seemed to take on the lions share of modding. Hell, he was 9nly trying to enforce a long standing rule in The Lounge and was right to do so.

So

Doesn't change the fact that Deface has deprived us of a long standing cp tradition of stand-alone leaving forever thread.

eDave
08-16-2020, 12:51 PM
So

Doesn't change the fact that Deface has deprived us of a long standing cp tradition of stand-alone leaving forever thread.

The tradition I've experienced is mockery of those threads because they are lame and attention seeking. Deface is neither of those. Covid is not the reason we lost him.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 12:52 PM
It was tongue in cheek. Stop being sensitive. I acknowledge the Rona is real and is worse than normal flu strands but you have to also acknowledge. 160,000 deaths from 6 million “reported cases” is a VERY low mortality rate for such a horrible pandemic.

Yeah, after the initial 1 in every 400 of the 8 million people in NYC dying in a matter of a few months, it's great that it didn't play out that way everywhere.... despite ourselves, for the most part.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 12:53 PM
So

It's in the mod lounge.

eDave
08-16-2020, 12:55 PM
It's in the mod lounge.

He also updated his Space thread.

KCUnited
08-16-2020, 12:58 PM
BRC’s insiders email mentioned it as well

srvy
08-16-2020, 12:58 PM
The tradition I've experienced is mockery of those threads because they are lame and attention seeking. Deface neither of those. Covid is not the reason we lost him.

Oh lighten up Dave he will be back. You of all people have had fun with those threads too.

If nothing else it opens a slot up for you. You have made it clear your goal is to be a mod its pretty clear.

eDave
08-16-2020, 01:02 PM
Oh lighten up Dave he will be back. You of all people have had fun with those threads too.

If nothing else it opens a slot up for you. You have made it clear your goal is to be a mod its pretty clear.

I have no desire to be a mod and nobody wants me to be one. Dane is next in line. Enjoy.

Frazod
08-16-2020, 01:08 PM

What the hell is fun lately? All the news is bad. Covid and riots. Riots and covid. Rinse and repeat, and spray some disinfectant. Everybody is angry and fed up. The upcoming election has people more polarized than ever. Watching the news is like drinking a steaming cup of poison. We're all desperately hoping the season starts on time, knowing full well that all it will take to derail it is a handful of cases of this fucking hellspawn virus that seemingly pop up at will. This should have been a magnificent year for us; instead, it turned to shit.

I'm to the point now that I don't even want to talk to my lifelong best friends on the phone. Seriously, what the hell is there to talk about that doesn't suck? Every conversation eventually turns to the virus. Every trip outside the house is an exercise in bullshit, frustration and weirdness.

We all just want things to go back to normal, but there's no light at the end of the tunnel, not even the light of an oncoming train. Just darkness upon darkness. The more you think about it, the worse it looks.

It's hard to put on a happy face. Especially for some of the people here that you really don't like during the best of times, whoever they may be.

eDave
08-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Yip.

srvy
08-16-2020, 01:17 PM
I dont see a Biker Rally taking down Deface. Stateing taking time away maybe permenately is a far cry from leaving forever. With Chiefs right around the corner I don't see it.

srvy
08-16-2020, 01:23 PM
What the hell is fun lately? All the news is bad. Covid and riots. Riots and covid. Rinse and repeat, and spray some disinfectant. Everybody is angry and fed up. The upcoming election has people more polarized than ever. Watching the news is like drinking a steaming cup of poison. We're all desperately hoping the season starts on time, knowing full well that all it will take to derail it is a handful of cases of this fucking hellspawn virus that seemingly pop up at will. This should have been a magnificent year for us; instead, it turned to shit.

I'm to the point now that I don't even want to talk to my lifelong best friends on the phone. Seriously, what the hell is there to talk about that doesn't suck? Every conversation eventually turns to the virus. Every trip outside the house is an exercise in bullshit, frustration and weirdness.

We all just want things to go back to normal, but there's no light at the end of the tunnel, not even the light of an oncoming train. Just darkness upon darkness. The more you think about it, the worse it looks.

It's hard to put on a happy face. Especially for some of the people here that you really don't like during the best of times, whoever they may be.

Yes and a good reason for the nonpolitical COVID thread to be sent to the romper. Daily death counts and all the other bullshit the thread has produced could put anyone in a deep depression. Its not healthy and the people who keep it going (looking at you Donger) need to get out in fresh air take a break and getaway.

Easy 6
08-16-2020, 01:24 PM

You said it, bud... worst year of my 49 on this earth by FAR

Donger
08-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Yes and a good reason for the nonpolitical COVID thread to be sent to the romper. Daily death counts and all the other bullshit the thread has produced could put anyone in a deep depression. Its not healthy and the people who keep it going (looking at you Donger) need to get out in fresh air take a break and getaway.

If ignorance is bliss to you, yes, this thread isn't for you.

Baby Lee
08-16-2020, 01:28 PM

Kaepernick warned us, but you wouldn't listen . . . .

Easy 6
08-16-2020, 01:28 PM

Shut your fat gob, limey

Even DaFace called you a thread killer

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 01:30 PM
Yeah, after the initial 1 in every 400 of the 8 million people in NYC dying in a matter of a few months, it's great that it didn't play out that way everywhere.... despite ourselves, for the most part.

You know those numbers were confirmed inflated, right. People that were dying already given the Rona stamp to promote the fear mongering you are so clearly desperate to hold on to. Keep your mask, if it makes you feel better. Just stay away from me and I’ll stay away from you.

Donger
08-16-2020, 01:31 PM
Shut your fat gob, limey

So you think statistics regarding the pandemic should not be in the main thread about the pandemic?

No, he didn't. He said that my arguing with/smacking pete around like a pinata was annoying. And I get that. And I've bitten my tongue based on that.

srvy
08-16-2020, 01:35 PM

Been out there even during the lockdown in rural, urban and way overcrowded environments. Neither I nor any crew members have acquired this virus. We have many many crews all over the country traveling staying in motels and hotels. Nobody has gone down and I can guarantee masking and social distancing go out the window a mile or two away from the home office.

BigRedChief
08-16-2020, 01:35 PM
You said it, bud... worst year of my 49 on this earth by FARwellll post SB anyway. Before that it was pretty pretty good.

eDave
08-16-2020, 01:36 PM
Stats I post on there are to inform and support precautions and their positive effect. In doing so I've proven that masks do indeed work as part of a whole.

Donger
08-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Been out there even during the lockdown in rural, urban and way overcrowded environments. Neither I nor any crew members have acquired this virus. We have many many crews all over the country traveling staying in motels and hotels. Nobody has gone down and I can guarantee masking and social distancing go out the window a mile or two away from the home office.

I'm glad to hear that.

KCUnited
08-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Chiefs just need to get their game on, go play.

Baby Lee
08-16-2020, 01:40 PM
Shut your fat gob, limey

https://www.piquacountryclub.com/images/improve-tee-shots.jpeg

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/hTDQBdMlPDEeewFFhl" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/hero0fwar-joker-and-here-we-go-hTDQBdMlPDEeewFFhl">via GIPHY</a></p>

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/j93DaHO9Uq9q0" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-dogs-corgis-j93DaHO9Uq9q0">via GIPHY</a></p>

Easy 6
08-16-2020, 02:02 PM
wellll post SB anyway. Before that it was pretty pretty good.

The remaining glow of our Championship is the ONLY good thing about this year

https://www.piquacountryclub.com/images/improve-tee-shots.jpeg

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/hTDQBdMlPDEeewFFhl" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/hero0fwar-joker-and-here-we-go-hTDQBdMlPDEeewFFhl">via GIPHY</a></p>

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/j93DaHO9Uq9q0" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-dogs-corgis-j93DaHO9Uq9q0">via GIPHY</a></p>

Nope not me, I’m well past the point of being drawn into Dongs web, I’m now like the American Indians or Scots Highlanders... attack at the time and place of my choosing, then tactically retreat to plan yet another raid :thumb:

Frazod
08-16-2020, 02:04 PM
Shut your fat gob, limey

Like so many of DC denizens, Donger is a strife junkie. Always has been. From gleefully reporting rising astronomical gas prices to posing every inane comment in the form of a question, he lives to aggravate as many people as possible. He feeds on negative energy, just like the glowing red alien in the old Star Trek episode. I quit engaging him years ago; nothing good can come from it.

He must be having the time of his life right now.

Otter
08-16-2020, 02:15 PM

I've been throwing myself into my work lately. I'm brushing up on my LINUX to try and pick up some part time weekend work that I can do from home. People are noticeably one edge and I'm glad I don't live in a large city any longer. This whole scenario reminds me of the scene from 'V for Vendetta' where the little girl gets shot and that incident serves as a catalyst to bring London in chaos. It just feels tense.

One prediction I do have from all this with no facts to back it up: this whole thing is going to expedite the legalization of marijuana if this lasts past the new year. Our government is going to want to keep people medicated.

As far as Sturgis, I was there for the bike rally once when I worked at Harley Davidson. It struck me as a bunch of middle age men and women took over a block party and acted like college pledges for the Greek social system.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 02:40 PM
You know those numbers were confirmed inflated, right. People that were dying already given the Rona stamp to promote the fear mongering you are so clearly desperate to hold on to. Keep your mask, if it makes you feel better. Just stay away from me and I’ll stay away from you.

Well, twice as many New Yorkers died over that couple months than normal, but what you choose to do with the facts is completely up to you, I guess.

Stating facts isn't fear mongering in itself, and for every person who takes the facts as a chance to fear monger, I'd guess there's around one person who's just as desperate to downplay the facts for their own agenda.

I was personally doing the opposite of fear mongering a few months ago and assuming this would all go away in the summer months.... then the hottest part of the country opened everything up and found itself building out several new ICUs and using RNs from NYC and ordering refrigerated trucks a little while later.

But again, do what you will with the actual facts, if doing something so simple as wearing a mask is too difficult.

And if nothing else, there's always youtube to comfort people whenever reality doesn't fit what they want to believe as true.

vailpass
08-16-2020, 02:42 PM
So...Sturgis? No? Okay.

eDave
08-16-2020, 02:43 PM
People just aren't reacting well to the results of their detrimental attitudes being shown to them.

Bugeater
08-16-2020, 02:44 PM
So...Sturgis? No? Okay.Sturgis...yes. Smashmouth...hell no.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2020, 02:46 PM
People actually listen to smash mouth? I'd rather listen to donger mumble his bullshit

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 02:47 PM
Sturgis...yes. Smashmouth...hell no.

They folked out with guitars around a bonfire, just singin and clappin, man

vailpass
08-16-2020, 02:47 PM
Sturgis...yes. Smashmouth...hell no.

Smashmouth or DeBerg?

Frazod
08-16-2020, 02:48 PM
I've been throwing myself into my work lately. I'm brushing up on my LINUX to try and pick up some part time weekend work that I can do from home. People are noticeably one edge and I'm glad I don't live in a large city any longer. This whole scenario reminds me of the scene from 'V for Vendetta' where the little girl gets shot and that incident serves as a catalyst to bring London in chaos. It just feels tense.

One prediction I do have from all this with no facts to back it up: this whole thing is going to expedite the legalization of marijuana if this lasts past the new year. Our government is going to want to keep people medicated.

As far as Sturgis, I was there for the bike rally once when I worked at Harley Davidson. It struck me as a bunch of middle age men and women took over a block party and acted like college pledges for the Greek social system.

Be glad you still have a job. I know so many people who have lost theirs over this crap. Just this morning, I had to send money to one of old Navy buddies. His business failed, and he is in the process of relocating from Colorado to Arizona to start over (in his mid-50s). While getting gas late last night, and exhausted, he accidentally left his wallet sitting on the pump, losing all the money he had left to his name in the process. His family is gone, others he reached out to either couldn't or wouldn't help, and he basically had no one else left to turn to. Even though I haven't actually seen him since we served together 30 years ago, I sent him a couple of hundred bucks. For all I know I may never get it back, but it's better than letting an old friend get stranded in the desert in 120 degree heat.

These are horrible, desperate times for so many people. And it's only getting worse.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2020, 02:52 PM
Be glad you still have a job. I know so many people who have lost theirs over this crap. Just this morning, I had to send money to one of old Navy buddies. His business failed, and he is in the process of relocating from Colorado to Arizona to start over (in his mid-50s). While getting gas late last night, and exhausted, he accidentally left his wallet sitting on the pump, losing all the money he had left to his name in the process. His family is gone, others he reached out to either couldn't or wouldn't help, and he basically had no one else left to turn to. Even though I haven't actually seen him since we served together 30 years ago, I sent him a couple of hundred bucks. For all I know I may never get it back, but it's better than letting an old friend get stranded in the desert in 120 degree heat.

These are horrible, desperate times for so many people. And it's only getting worse.

Reminds me of the CPer that asked for gas money on here and didn't pay it back. Very nice of you though

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Well, twice as many New Yorkers died over that couple months than normal, but what you choose to do with the facts is completely up to you, I guess.

Stating facts isn't fear mongering in itself, and for every person who takes the facts as a chance to fear monger, I'd guess there's around one person who's just as desperate to downplay the facts for their own agenda.

I was personally doing the opposite of fear mongering a few months ago and assuming this would all go away in the summer months.... then the hottest part of the country opened everything up and found itself building out several new ICUs and using RNs from NYC and ordering refrigerated trucks a little while later.

But again, do what you will with the actual facts, if doing something so simple as wearing a mask is too difficult.

And if nothing else, there's always youtube to comfort people whenever reality doesn't fit what they want to believe as true.

And the truth is, masks are bullshit. That’s where we started with this. Stay away, take vitamins, WASH YO STANK ASS DICK BEATERS, when touching public door handles or gas pumps, etc. that does more to stop the spread than an Fing mask. Period.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2020, 02:55 PM
And the truth is, masks are bullshit. That’s where we started with this. Stay away, take vitamins, WASH YO STANK ASS DICK BEATERS, when touching public door handles or gas pumps, etc. that does more to stop the spread than an Fing mask. Period.

:clap:

Donger
08-16-2020, 02:58 PM
I realize that science is like kryptonite for some of you, but if you actually care to learn about the efficacy of masks and COVID-19, here:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

srvy
08-16-2020, 03:00 PM
Reminds me of the CPer that asked for gas money on here and didn't pay it back. Very nice of you though

What happened to that guy he was in Florida I think. I think it was eDave who sent money, think it was worked out.

Bugeater
08-16-2020, 03:04 PM
Smashmouth or DeBerg?Slow death via teh Covid.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 03:04 PM
I realize that science is like kryptonite for some of you, but if you actually care to learn about the efficacy of masks and COVID-19, here:

https://youtu.be/PRa6t_e7dgI

Frazod
08-16-2020, 03:05 PM

Like I said, I haven't seen him for decades. Is it possible I got scammed? Sure. But it's far more likely that he's telling the truth than not. Even when we were young, he was always one of those people who was just cursed with bad luck. I don't have any trouble believing his story because shit like this happened to him all the time.

He's a Bronco fan, too. Ugh. :)

eDave
08-16-2020, 03:06 PM
The reasoning for that has been presented ad nauseum.

Donger
08-16-2020, 03:07 PM

Please note the "right now" part. That was in early March, when we had a few cases and community spread had not been confirmed.

srvy
08-16-2020, 03:11 PM

Someone with photoshop skills need to put letterman's head and shoulders shampoo head on Dongers Avatar.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uxSYjZYm22o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donger
08-16-2020, 03:12 PM
Someone with photoshop skills need to put letterman's head and shoulders shampoo head on Dongers Avatar.

Like I said:

I realize that science is like kryptonite for some of you

Thanks for the confirmation, not that it was really required.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 03:12 PM

LMAO

https://i.imgur.com/4EHG0FT.gif

Frazod
08-16-2020, 03:16 PM

Check the 1:57 mark. If these masks were a quarterback, they'd be Matt Cassel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zJ6k1RHE4QA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni
08-16-2020, 03:16 PM
What happened to that guy he was in Florida I think. I think it was eDave who sent money, think it was worked out.

I think so. Not 100 percent on the poster, so not going to throw out the name that's on my tongue

candyman
08-16-2020, 03:20 PM
Please note the "right now" part. That was in early March, when we had a few cases and community spread had not been confirmed.

"When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet but its not providing the perfect protection people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face."

That statement made when cases were just beginning verses now makes no difference, it doesn't change the statement or the truthfulness at all.

eDave
08-16-2020, 03:20 PM
I think so. Not 100 percent on the poster, so not going to throw out the name that's on my tongue

It was written off. It was stevieray with words of wisdom that settled it on my end.

Frazod, I sent you a rep message.

Donger
08-16-2020, 03:24 PM
"When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet but its not providing the perfect protection people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face."

That statement made when cases were just beginning verses now makes no difference, it doesn't change the statement or the truthfulness at all.

Two things:

There's no question that there was a paucity of PPE back in March. And he and others were really worried about it. So, he and others downplayed wearing masks to try to prevent non-medical people from hoarding and making the situation worse.

He says it's not perfect protection. It's not.

lewdog
08-16-2020, 03:24 PM

If depends on the type of mask worn and how the wearer actually wears the mask. I will agree that some thin material and cloth masks are in fact poor in effectiveness. Many factors change the effectiveness of masks but a blanket statement that masks are bullshit is idiotic (maybe you're just a huge Smash Mouth fan!).

Surface transmission of the virus is shown to be very low, so no, washing your hands does not do more to stop the spread of the virus than masks. Gas pumps, being outside, tend to be a very low risk activity for transmission.

Bearcat
08-16-2020, 03:26 PM
Someone could do the actual research on particle size and what different masks do, etc.... or just post a video that has nothing to do with Covid.

https://pics.loveforquotes.com/google-what-i-want-to-be-true-coleco-ce-platitudes-42743993.png

lewdog
08-16-2020, 03:30 PM
Check the 1:57 mark. If these masks were a quarterback, they'd be Matt Cassel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zJ6k1RHE4QA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder what that looks like when using something more similar to respiratory droplets and not smoke?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DNeYfUTA11s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod
It was written off. It was stevieray with words of wisdom that settled it on my end.

Frazod, I sent you a rep message.

I saw it. Thanks. :thumb:

Bugeater
I don't recall Coleco making home computers.

BigRedChief
08-16-2020, 03:33 PM
Reminds me of the CPer that asked for gas money on here and didn't pay it back. Very nice of you thoughI think that was me or Edave did I also give him some money. $20. The guy had been on here for a decade or so. Or was that a different person?

candyman
08-16-2020, 03:44 PM
I wonder what that looks like when using something more similar to respiratory droplets and not smoke?

That wasn't smoke, it was vapor witch is even larger than respiratory droplets.

Frazod
08-16-2020, 03:45 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DNeYfUTA11s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure, a mask will stop some of it. Of course, most people cover their mouths with their hands when they cough or sneeze, too, which would obviously stop the spraying. The video didn't take that into account.

As I've said elsewhere, I (admittedly begrudgingly) wear a mask in places where I am required to do so. I don't like it, but I don't like being engaged in pointless histrionics with annoying strangers more, so I deal with it.

However, I'd much rather just rely on my immune system. That's what it's for.

crazycoffey
08-16-2020, 03:49 PM

Masks have changed in 5 months?

Donger
08-16-2020, 03:52 PM
Masks have changed in 5 months?

No. What changed right after he said that is that we confirmed community spread here, along with confirmation of asymptomatic spread.

So, the recommendation changed based on facts. Science is like that.