PDA

View Full Version : Football It’s official: Pats were always Tom Brady. Not Bill Belichick.

Pages : 1 [2]

MartinThore
11-02-2020, 10:53 PM
I thought this was an interesting admission on BB's part:

Bill Belichick as honest as ever on OMF: 'We sold out and won three Super Bowls'

Bill Belichick was perhaps more open than ever before Monday during his appearance with Ordway, Merloni & Fauria.

The Patriots coach made headlines over the weekend when he said to Charlie Weis on Sirius XM NFL radio that the Patriots were playing more younger players than in the past this season because of a lack of depth that had to do with salary cap limitations.

Belichick was asked about the comments and them potentially being an excuse for the lack of success this season and he said that wasn't the case at all.

“Look, we paid Cam Newton $1 million. I mean it’s obvious we didn’t have any money. It’s nobody’s fault," he said. "That’s what we did the last five years. We sold out and won three Super Bowls, played in a fourth and played in a AFC championship game. This year we had less to work with. It’s not an excuse, it’s just a fact.”

So, was it inevitable that would catch up to the team at some point?

“The structure of the league is the structure of the league. That isn’t going to change," he said.

Belichick was also asked if a lack of success through the draft in past years has played into the number of young players playing this season and he responded following a long pause with: "I don't know."

The Patriots are 2-5 and losers of four straight games, which is the first time that has happened since 2000."

MartinThore
11-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Not sure I've ever heard a coach come out and say they "sold out" during a season, and I'm not sure how many people are buying this. This kinda statement can't be good for the morale of the players currently on the roster. Also think it's interesting that he dodges the draft question with an "I don't know."

I know they've been an organization hit pretty hard by covid, but I think it's pretty clear to everyone he's dropped the ball in recent drafts and they are struggling because of it.

Buehler445
11-02-2020, 11:00 PM
Not sure I've ever heard a coach come out and say they "sold out" during a season, and I'm not sure how many people are buying this. This kinda statement can't be good for the morale of the players currently on the roster. Also think it's interesting that he dodges the draft question with an "I don't know."

I know they've been an organization hit pretty hard by covid, but I think it's pretty clear to everyone he's dropped the ball in recent drafts and they are struggling because of it.

But they didn’t, really, did they? I don’t recall any major FA signings. I mean they gave Gilmore money, but they didn’t go get a bunch of guys.

And has their salary cap been that bad? I mean we had $177 at the start of FA. And isn’t he some genious? That’s what I keep hearing anyway.

This is awesome. Belicheat always has to be the smartest guy in the room. And to his credit he usually is. But you can tell his ego is getting in the way. It’s grating him to fuck up his legacy. It warms my soul. I mean this dude is spinning a bullshit web that would make King Carl blush.

This made my day better. :)

MartinThore
11-02-2020, 11:07 PM
But they didn’t, really, did they? I don’t recall any major FA signings. I mean they gave Gilmore money, but they didn’t go get a bunch of guys.

And has their salary cap been that bad? I mean we had $177 at the start of FA. And isn’t he some genious? That’s what I keep hearing anyway.

This is awesome. Belicheat always has to be the smartest guy in the room. And to his credit he usually is. But you can tell his ego is getting in the way. It’s grating him to **** up his legacy. It warms my soul. I mean this dude is spinning a bullshit web that would make King Carl blush.

This made my day better. :)

Yeah, I don't think they sold out. I can't recall anything that would point to this, can't recall any discussion of this being a possibility from anyone. I agree, I think this is an ego thing for him. Just weird to see from BB of all people -- can't recall a time he sounded so desperate.

kccrow
11-03-2020, 07:06 AM
I've NEVER said it was all Tom.

I've gone on record saying SEVERAL times that Tom was the driving force behind the championships, but I've NEVER said BB contributed nothing. I've literally never said that.

I've even gone on record saying it's somewhere between 60/40 and 75/25.

So you're wrong.

"Brady was the Patriots."

That pretty well indicates what you think on the subject.

I'm not going out on a limb in saying that good-to-great defenses, outstanding offensive lines, and an offense tailored to suit Tom's skillset with receivers that could execute it had a lot more to do with Bill than people here are giving credit for. Tom was in a perfect situation with Bill. I have a lot more faith that Bill could have won multiple Super Bowls, albeit not necessarily 6 or dominate the way they did, with quite a few QBs compared to Tom winning multiple without Bill.

The fact he got handed the keys to a playoff-ready team now doesn't make the Patriots dynasty more about Tom, and it seems the Pats' lack of success this year comparatively is skewing people's opinions rather significantly.

MahomesMagic
11-03-2020, 08:02 AM
Belichick is correct. That's what you do to win Super Bowls. I see plenty of teams that never do jack and only talk about the future. The Patriots went all in and it worked.

We will have to do the same thing. There will be periods where we have to offload good players and get cheaper and hope for the best. That's the salary cap and NFL parity.

Red Dawg
11-03-2020, 08:06 AM
Sick of hearing how great Brady is. He's had twice the advantages of any QB before him.
Never a bad OL
Top 10 defense every year.
One system, one coach.
HC that cheated to help him.
He cheated and won himself.
Pathedicly bad division
Refs in his pocket.

htismaqe
11-03-2020, 09:08 AM
The fact he got handed the keys to a playoff-ready team now doesn't make the Patriots dynasty more about Tom, and it seems the Pats' lack of success this year comparatively is skewing people's opinions rather significantly.

For me, this year has absolutely zero to do with it. I don't care what Brady is doing in Tampa nor do I care how bad the Patriots are without him.

QB's drive the NFL.

I've said this for 20 years on CP and I'm not going to change now.

QB's are the cake.

Coaches are the frosting.

Godzalez
11-03-2020, 09:29 AM
I don't think Belichick is a bad coach like some are implying. It's his bad GMing and particularly his bad drafting in recent years that is really sinking them. They have nothing at the skill positions on offense and most importantly they have no QB. You went from a franchise QB to three guys who really shouldn't even be in the NFL. You don't win without a QB. It doesn't matter how good of a coach you are.

morphius
11-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Other than when Brady had Welker and Moss, has he really had any WR talent and a long list of mediocre/end of career running backs? You can toss in Gronk if you want to, but he never seemed to be healthy, as well as most their other WR's. To discount Brady's importance to that offense/team is silly. Belichick is good, can generally scheme a defense to take away your one guy, gets a lot out of guys with raw talent, etc, etc. But having a guy that can keep drives going is huge for the defense.

kccrow
11-03-2020, 10:25 PM
For me, this year has absolutely zero to do with it. I don't care what Brady is doing in Tampa nor do I care how bad the Patriots are without him.

QB's drive the NFL.

I've said this for 20 years on CP and I'm not going to change now.

QB's are the cake.

Coaches are the frosting.

I agree that QBs do drive the NFL to a large extent but I'd say you have your analogy ass backwards.

I'd argue Coaches are the cake, providing the foundation and schemes for success and you can get at least a sweet tasting bread from the deal.

That said, a good QB is the frosting that's going to take that sweet tasting bread over the top and make it a delectable dessert. A good QB is going to make a team a contender and give a good foundation the ability to win Super Bowls.

There are plenty of examples of good quarterbacks that don't have good foundations to work with, a case in point would be Matt Ryan. Usually a very good QB with good weapons around him, but the defense and much of the foundation of the rest of the team is always severely lacking. You put Matt Ryan in place of Tom Brady on the Pats all these years and I would say you'd have seen similar success. I'd think Matt Stafford could have had some very good success there, etc.

Tom Brady was a good QB that can put a team over the top. We know how that story goes here in KC with years of good o-lines, good running backs, good defenses, and lacking the QB to get to the finish line. You have to have a good coach, GM, and QB in the NFL. Bill has traditionally been an exceptional coach with the ability to be the GM that put the foundation around his good QB to maintain success. No realistic successor to Brady is killing that team right now, but its not like he doesn't know that.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-04-2020, 08:10 AM
The rest of the AFC East really hate NE. The Bills give the Chiefs Mahomes. The Dolphins give the Chiefs the bye. The Jets, the poor bastards. Don't have much, but they trying

Eureka
11-04-2020, 08:43 AM
Bill has a down turn during a very different/strange year due to covid. I'm guessing he's going to come back stronger than ever next year.

What he needs is a QB first. Maybe, he swings a trade for Ryan or Stafford to get his team going again. He's got to do something and he most likely will reload.

Sort of like the Warriors.

ThaVirus
11-04-2020, 08:49 AM
Other than when Brady had Welker and Moss, has he really had any WR talent and a long list of mediocre/end of career running backs? You can toss in Gronk if you want to, but he never seemed to be healthy, as well as most their other WR's. To discount Brady's importance to that offense/team is silly. Belichick is good, can generally scheme a defense to take away your one guy, gets a lot out of guys with raw talent, etc, etc. But having a guy that can keep drives going is huge for the defense.

He's had some good players, even going back to the Deion Branch, Troy Brown days. Throw in Moss, Welker, Edelman, Gronk, Aaron Hernandez. Their RB stable has typically always been plus even without big names (they've been ahead of the curve there for over a decade). His OLs and defenses have typically been very good as well.

I think Brady can probably take the largest amount of credit for the Patriot's dynasty, but he's had a shit ton of help- more than any other QB that I can think of off the top of my head.

tredadda
11-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Bill has a down turn during a very different/strange year due to covid. I'm guessing he's going to come back stronger than ever next year.

What he needs is a QB first. Maybe, he swings a trade for Ryan or Stafford to get his team going again. He's got to do something and he most likely will reload.

Sort of like the Warriors.

What in his history do you base this statement off of? He has two winning seasons and one playoff appearance total without Brady. He has an overall losing record without Brady under center.

morphius
11-04-2020, 09:03 AM
He's had some good players, even going back to the Deion Branch, Troy Brown days. Throw in Moss, Welker, Edelman, Gronk, Aaron Hernandez. Their RB stable has typically always been plus even without big names (they've been ahead of the curve there for over a decade). His OLs and defenses have typically been very good as well.

I think Brady can probably take the largest amount of credit for the Patriot's dynasty, but he's had a shit ton of help- more than any other QB that I can think of off the top of my head.

If I remember a lot of the WR's he made look good never were able to have any success after they left, including Branch.

Eureka
11-04-2020, 09:22 AM
What in his history do you base this statement off of? He has two winning seasons and one playoff appearance total without Brady. He has an overall losing record without Brady under center.

His overall losing record you speak of is over 20 years ago. I'm sure he's learned a lot over that span and also he will learn from this year. The loss of so many starters on that team right before the season started was to much for the organization to overcome this year.

The bottom line though is he needs a QB under center that can perform. Bill isn't some miracle worker but if he can get a good QB he can sure as heck coach them up. If he can get this position upgraded, starters returning after covid, and some top of the round draft picks he certainly has a chance to turn things around next year.

ThaVirus
11-04-2020, 09:59 AM
If I remember a lot of the WR's he made look good never were able to have any success after they left, including Branch.

Yeah, that is true but that happens often in the NFL. Most people forget that the average NFL career is just 3 years. It’s difficult to remain good or great for an extended period of time. Typically any good franchise will keep you around until you’re past your prime and then let you go so it’s not strange when a guy is unable to match his previous success in a new place.

We saw that with some WRs who left NE and others who ended up in NE (like Chad Johnson and Sanu).

WhiteWhale
11-04-2020, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that is true but that happens often in the NFL. Most people forget that the average NFL career is just 3 years. It’s difficult to remain good or great for an extended period of time. Typically any good franchise will keep you around until you’re past your prime and then let you go so it’s not strange when a guy is unable to match his previous success in a new place.

We saw that with some WRs who left NE and others who ended up in NE (like Chad Johnson and Sanu).

Branch was doing fine until he was hurt.

Megatron96
11-04-2020, 11:32 AM
If all it took was a really good or great QB, Dan Marino would have multiple rings.

Fran Tarkenton would have multiple rings.

Dan Fouts would have a ring.

Warren Moon would have multiple rings.

Steve McNair would have a ring.

Aaron Rodgers would have multiple rings.

And there are plenty of really average QBs that have rings. Like Jeff Hostetler. Phil Simms. NICK FOLES.

Trent freaking Dilfer.

And about another dozen of these kinds of JAGs.

And let's not forget that Tom Brady didn't exactly light the NFL on fire for his first few years. As good as that Patriots team was outside of QB, you could've put any JAG QB behind center and won a ring.

Chief Pagan
11-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Belichick is correct. That's what you do to win Super Bowls. I see plenty of teams that never do jack and only talk about the future. The Patriots went all in and it worked.

We will have to do the same thing. There will be periods where we have to offload good players and get cheaper and hope for the best. That's the salary cap and NFL parity.

If KC wins 3+ titles with Mahomes and then starts 2-5 the first year without him and has some painful cap rebuilding years, I ain’t going to cry about it.

Megatron96
11-04-2020, 12:14 PM

This is basically what I got from his "we sold out" comment.

Apparently they had a plan; do whatever they had to do in the short term to win as many SBs as possible over a period of about 5 years. They won 3, lost one. If they'd kept Jimmy G. and offloaded Brady they might've been able to extend that plan a bit, but they didn't or couldn't, and so Bill decided to push all his chips into the middle and try to win as much as possible under the shorter timetable.

Now they're paying for it.

crispystl
11-04-2020, 12:17 PM
The rest of the AFC East really hate NE. The Bills give the Chiefs Mahomes. The Dolphins give the Chiefs the bye. The Jets, the poor bastards. Don't have much, but they trying

The Jets gave us Bell duh!

Chief Roundup
11-08-2020, 10:13 PM
Yeah the Patriots never got their asses handed to them like this game under BB.

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 10:16 PM
Yeah the Patriots never got their asses handed to them like this game under BB.

Their whole season this year is similar to this game.

ping2000
11-08-2020, 10:21 PM
Can't we just hate them both?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chief Roundup
11-08-2020, 10:22 PM
Their whole season this year is similar to this game.

When was the last time they lost by 35 to a division rival with 1st place in the division on the line? It would have been more had the Saints not pulled back in the second half.

Chief Roundup
11-08-2020, 10:23 PM

I thought that was a given!!!

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 10:24 PM
When was the last time they lost by 35 to a division rival with 1st place in the division on the line? It would have been more had the Saints not pulled back in the second half.

When was the last time a Tom Brady-led team was 2-5?

I mean are we really arguing who sucks more? :D

Buehler445
11-08-2020, 10:43 PM

Yes.

At least that's what I'm doing.

I might be breaking the rules, but I'm fucking doing that shit right here and right now.

Fuck all things Cheatriot.

Skyy God
11-09-2020, 06:52 AM

This is the correct answer.

Skyy God
11-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Also, the Pats suck because Cam is washed, a bunch of their players opted out or left in free agency, their actual cash spending has been pretty low the last few years, and BB has drafted terribly in recent years.

RedRaider56
11-09-2020, 07:52 AM
Also, the Pats suck because Cam is washed, a bunch of their players opted out or left in free agency, their actual cash spending has been pretty low the last few years, and BB has drafted terribly in recent years.

I just don't know why the Pats just don't go with Stidham at this point. What do they have to lose? Cam is done

Why Not?
11-09-2020, 08:51 AM
It's probably both. I think history has proven you basically need one of two elements to win a Super Bowl:

1. Great coach and great QB

2. Good coach/elite defense

I'm trying to think of the last team to win a SB with a garbage QB and a mediocre defense but an elite head coach. Or a team with an amazing QB, but an awful HC. There is probably an example somewhere.

GloucesterChief
11-09-2020, 08:54 AM
It's probably both. I think history has proven you basically need one of two elements to win a Super Bowl:

I'm trying to think of the last team to win a SB with a garbage QB and a mediocre defense but an elite head coach. Or a team with an amazing QB, but an awful HC. There is probably an example somewhere.

Switzer and the Cowboys?

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Switzer and the Cowboys?

The Cowboys were loaded on both sides of the ball.

Switzer (and George Seifert in SF) were both bad coaches but both of these teams had elite offenses AND defenses.

Deberg_1990
11-09-2020, 09:06 AM

Brian Billick and Trent Dilfer are a huge outlier

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Oh yeah, that's definitely one to think about. Although, they had a historically good defense as well.

dlphg9
11-09-2020, 11:04 AM
Brad Johnson and Jon Gruden were both terrible.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 11:06 AM
Brad Johnson and Jon Gruden were both terrible.

Pretty good defense there too.

dlphg9
11-09-2020, 11:12 AM
Pretty good defense there too.

They were really fucking good. Only gave up 196 points all year. They allowed 10 or less points in 11 of there 19 games including postseason. Number 1 in yards and points allowed. 3 1st team all pros on D.

dlphg9
11-09-2020, 11:15 AM
Oh yeah, that's definitely one to think about. Although, they had a historically good defense as well.

That D was otherworldly. In the post season they allowed
3, 10, 3, 7 points.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 11:48 AM
So both of these teams had historically good defenses, like I said. :D

In all seriousness, that seems to be the one way you can get around having a great QB/great coach is to have not just a great defense but an all-time great defense.

Why Not?
11-09-2020, 01:44 PM
So both of these teams had historically good defenses, like I said. :D

In all seriousness, that seems to be the one way you can get around having a great QB/great coach is to have not just a great defense but an all-time great defense.

Right. That’s the thing. I can’t think of one crappy QB that won a SB without an elite defense. Was the Redskins defense great when Doug Williams won it?

Why Not?
11-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Definitely a crappy QB. Wouldn’t call Billick a great coach but he was okay.

But that defense is in the discussion for the best of all time.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Right. That’s the thing. I can’t think of one crappy QB that won a SB without an elite defense. Was the Redskins defense great when Doug Williams won it?

From looking at PFR, no they weren't great.

They were just an all-around good team (4th scoring offense, 6th scoring defense) with a great head coach.

Plus Williams was actually the backup. Jay Schroeder was the starter going into the season.

Why Not?
11-09-2020, 03:52 PM

They were just an all-around good team (4th scoring offense, 6th scoring defense) with a great head coach.

Plus Williams was actually the backup. Jay Schroeder was the starter going into the season.

True but Schroeder wasn’t great either. Maybe that’s our outlier? Mediocre/decent Qb play, good but not elite defense, HOF coach.

Wait a second! Duh! How could I forget. The 2017 Eagles. Neither Wentz or Foles are great, although Wentz had a great year prior to injury and Doug is hardly a great coach and I don’t think their defense was anything real special that year. Lightning in a bottle is a real thing, after all

Buehler445
11-09-2020, 06:18 PM

I think those dominant OL teams can be included. Vermiel would have probably won one if he could get A stop. Sometime.

Buehler445
11-09-2020, 06:19 PM
True but Schroeder wasn’t great either. Maybe that’s our outlier? Mediocre/decent Qb play, good but not elite defense, HOF coach.

Wait a second! Duh! How could I forget. The 2017 Eagles. Neither Wentz or Foles are great, although Wentz had a great year prior to injury and Doug is hardly a great coach and I don’t think their defense was anything real special that year. Lightning in a bottle is a real thing, after all

Foles had a Flacco-esque outlier playoffs. Dude was filthy for a month.

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 09:14 AM
How did this thread age?

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 09:23 AM
They were a talented team in need of a consistent QB. It's a very similar situation to the one Manning found in Denver.

Also, helps when you drop a HOF QB on any roster.

This was always true.

I don't know how anyone could have watched this postseason and come to the conclusion that Brady carried this team. They barely beat a bad Washington team with a QB starting off the street, offense didn't lead a TD drive of longer than 40 yards against the Saints (bolstered by 4 turnovers caused by the defense), and Brady threw 3 second-half INTs against the Packers while the Bucs D held them to only 6 points off said turnovers.

Then add in last night where their defense held our offense to just 9 points total. Brady literally made one good throw all night and that was the TD to Gronk. He faced the least amount of pressure a QB has ever faced in the Super Bowl. He was not impressive, but their defense absolutely was.

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 09:36 AM
What a laughable post^

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 09:37 AM
What a laughable post^

Next time just say: "I didn't watch any of the games; therefore, I don't know what I'm talking about" and we can both go our separate ways.

straycash
02-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Would he have staged the comeback if he played for KC yesterday?

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 09:39 AM
Good luck just seems to follow Tom Brady. It’s weird.

RunKC
02-08-2021, 09:41 AM

He bolted a shit situation to go to a team that had a backup QB throw 33 TD’s, had the leading sack artist and other talented players on defense like the ones that made Patrick’s life miserable.

Put Patrick on that team and they might have been 19-0

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 09:42 AM
Would he have staged the comeback if he played for KC yesterday?

No QB in the history of the NFL would have been successful in Mahomes' situation yesterday. It is quite literally impossible to succeed when under that much duress.

Brady would have taken 10 sacks behind that line yesterday. As it was, he was only pressured on like 5 dropbacks and the dude barely broke 200 yards.

straycash
02-08-2021, 09:44 AM
No QB in the history of the NFL would have been successful in Mahomes' situation yesterday. It is quite literally impossible to succeed when under that much duress.

Brady would have taken 10 sacks behind that line yesterday. As it was, he was only pressured on like 5 dropbacks and the dude barely broke 200 yards.

Would've taken more than good luck for sure

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 09:47 AM
He bolted a shit situation to go to a team that had a backup QB throw 33 TD’s, had the leading sack artist and other talented players on defense like the ones that made Patrick’s life miserable.

Put Patrick on that team and they might have been 19-0

The same guys who gave up the 4th most points in the NFL last year?

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 09:47 AM

Truth is, you need a fair bit of luck to win the Super Bowl. Mahomes needed quite a bit of it last season.

Brady's always had the fortune of playing on teams that make plays in big moments. The statistics bear it out too. He's not Superman out there strapping the team to his back.

He won a SB in 2014 off of a miracle goal-line INT that he had nothing to do with. Incredibly lucky.

He won in 2016 after going down 28-3 (a game in which he threw a pick-6 to contribute to the huge hole). If Shanahan just runs the ball, Ryan doesn't take a sack, and they can kick the game-sealing field goal.

He won in 2018 when his defense held the opponent to 3 points total (though his performance in the AFCCG against us two weeks prior WAS impressive).

I've already explained this year's postseason run. The defense has 100& been the strength of this team during the playoffs.

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 09:49 AM
The same guys who gave up the 4th most points in the NFL last year?

Their QB had 42 combined INTs and fumbles. What are you not understanding about that?

Literally any of the top 5 QBs in the league would have been able to win the Super Bowl with them if they replaced Brady.

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 09:54 AM
The defense is so great, they’d still require a top-5 QB to win it all?

lawrenceRaider
02-08-2021, 09:58 AM

I don't think any other QB in the NFL today scores a single point playing behind that OL.

LiveSteam
02-08-2021, 09:58 AM
Mahomes scrabbled around for 500 yards. Thats scrabbling with the ball in his hand.

You dont go to a SB with 4 starting O-linemen sitting the bench and win..
500 fucking yards.. Think about that for a second.

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 10:00 AM

It's a team sport so yes, they need a good QB to win the Super Bowl, as most teams do. They have a great defense, but it's not an all-timer like the 2015 Broncos or 2000 Ravens (and I never claimed it was).

The 49ers defense last season was better than the 2020 Buccaneers and even they didn't win the Super Bowl because Jimmy G wilted under pressure.

Bl00dyBizkitz
02-08-2021, 10:03 AM

You really don't watch Football at all.

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 10:13 AM
You really don't watch Football at all.

Why does anyone? We all know whatever team he’s on will be contending for the title.

milkshock
02-08-2021, 10:17 AM
Luckiest coach in history

ThaVirus
02-08-2021, 10:45 AM
Why does anyone? We all know whatever team he’s on will be contending for the title.

Same for most elite, HoF QBs.

This fucker has played in 45 career playoff games. His defenses have given up 20 PPG on average.

Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers has played in 21 career playoff games and his teams have allowed an average of 26 PPG. In playoff games Aaron Rodgers has lost, his defenses have given up an AVERAGE of 36 PPG LMAO

In playoff games that Brady's defense has given up 30+ points, he's 2-3. 45 fucking playoff games and this dude's defenses have only given up 30+ points FIVE times! Aaron Rodgers' defenses have given up 30+ in SEVEN, out of only 21 games.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Luck balances somewhat. His kids are Kennedy like doomed

KC_Connection
02-08-2021, 11:05 AM
**** Tom Brady. Luckiest piece of shit in the world. Chad Henne could have won that game yesterday for Tampa had he been playing.

KC_Connection
02-08-2021, 11:08 AM
This was always true.

I don't know how anyone could have watched this postseason and come to the conclusion that Brady carried this team. They barely beat a bad Washington team with a QB starting off the street, offense didn't lead a TD drive of longer than 40 yards against the Saints (bolstered by 4 turnovers caused by the defense), and Brady threw 3 second-half INTs against the Packers while the Bucs D held them to only 6 points off said turnovers.

Then add in last night where their defense held our offense to just 9 points total. Brady literally made one good throw all night and that was the TD to Gronk. He faced the least amount of pressure a QB has ever faced in the Super Bowl. He was not impressive, but their defense absolutely was.
Brady was absolutely horrific against the Packers and it got completely ignored because his defense stepped up repeatedly to stop Aaron Rodgers after his brutal picks.

He also game managed his way to another title last night on the backs of that same elite defense and a 1st half refereeing debacle the likes of which he had never even seen in his career.

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 11:23 AM
Well good luck seems to like Tom and has decided for whatever reason to follow Tom around, and attach itself at the hip to Tom.