PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs

Pages : 1 [2]

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2021, 04:56 PM
So would you take Liam Eichenberg at 31?

That pretty much describes him.

PFF has this guy as their 11th ranked OT, 54 overall. They describe him as "clean of an OT as it gets." So 31 seems high. I'd take a chance on Walker Little before him.

ToxSocks
03-24-2021, 05:04 PM
PFF

Stopped reading right there.

InChiefsHeaven
03-24-2021, 05:07 PM
So did we sign...ah fuck it...

In58men
03-24-2021, 05:08 PM
Trade Baltimore 2021 1st and 2022 3rd round pick for Orlando Brown.

Draft Terrace Marshall Jr in the 2nd.

Sign Trent Taylor.

Off-season would be fire, trust and believe.

staylor26
03-24-2021, 05:10 PM
PFF has this guy as their 11th ranked OT, 54 overall. They describe him as "clean of an OT as it gets." So 31 seems high. I'd take a chance on Walker Little before him.

PFF is awful, but they’re especially useless when it comes to the draft.

oldman
03-24-2021, 05:17 PM
Just a few days ago we were praising Veach and now some are ready to panic because we didn't throw money away. Right now we have about $22M and we'll need about $7-7.5M to sign our draft picks. Most of us would like to see Mathieu extended and that will take some cash. I'll trust Veach.

-King-
03-24-2021, 05:23 PM
Just a few days ago we were praising Veach and now some are ready to panic because we didn't throw money away. Right now we have about $22M and we'll need about $7-7.5M to sign our draft picks. Most of us would like to see Mathieu extended and that will take some cash. I'll trust Veach.

A mathieu extension would give us even more cap space...

oldman
03-24-2021, 05:23 PM

I think you have to look at that. There's also a T from Texas that looks pretty good.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2021, 05:30 PM
Understandably PFF has a lot of detractors. They are pretty hit and miss.

staylor26
03-24-2021, 05:32 PM

They’re really not that bad of a reference for some stuff, but a lot of their draft stuff is based on their grading system and I just don’t think it’s applicable when evaluating college prospects.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2021, 05:36 PM
They’re really not that bad of a reference for some stuff, but a lot of their draft stuff is based on their grading system and I just don’t think it’s applicable when evaluating college prospects.

That's fair. I like to look at their stuff just for a general feel. The draft is tough to grade to begin with. There's so many players who don't pan out from top to bottom. Every expert looks silly at some point.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2021, 06:08 PM
Ingram Update: No deal. *sigh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/24/melvin-ingram-visit-with-chiefs-ends-without-a-deal/amp/

O.city
03-24-2021, 06:09 PM

I wouldn’t, I’d trade up for darrisaw or cosmi

KCJake
03-24-2021, 06:10 PM
Are there any good o lineman still left out there ?

staylor26
03-24-2021, 06:12 PM
I wouldn’t, I’d trade up for darrisaw or cosmi

Ok let’s say hypothetically that isn’t an option.

Then would you?

O.city
03-24-2021, 06:22 PM
Ok let’s say hypothetically that isn’t an option.

Then would you?

I guess.

They’re looking like they’re gonna end up shoehorned into taking a LT early so yeah he’s fine

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2021, 07:27 PM
Are there any good o lineman still left out there ?

Yeah, Villanueva, Okung, and Jason Peters to name a few. Reiter has an offer on the table from KC. He could be back. Then of course there is a chance Schwartz and/or Fisher could be back as well. So there's still a lot to play out on the OL front. I'd say Villanueva is the biggest fish left.

BryanBusby
03-24-2021, 07:32 PM
When they agree with me, they are good. When they don't, PFF is shit.

Titty Meat
03-24-2021, 08:44 PM
PFF is trash

staylor26
03-24-2021, 08:46 PM
PFF is trash

I feel like you search PFF daily because anytime it gets brought up you eventually pop up and say this LMAO

TEX
03-24-2021, 09:24 PM
I feel like you search PFF daily because anytime it gets brought up you eventually pop up and say this LMAO

He's right though...

staylor26
03-24-2021, 09:26 PM
He's right though...

I know. That wasn’t the point.

TEX
03-24-2021, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Villanueva, Okung, and Jason Peters to name a few. Reiter has an offer on the table from KC. He could be back. Then of course there is a chance Schwartz and/or Fisher could be back as well. So there's still a lot to play out on the OL front. I'd say Villanueva is the biggest fish left.

He was who I wanted, as a stop gap, when we lost out on Williams. So, I'd be good with it. The guy is pretty durable, which is why I favor him over the others.

oldman
03-24-2021, 09:57 PM
I'd be OK with Villanueva since he doesn't have the usual 32 year old T injury problems. Does anyone know what kind of money we'd have to give for him?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-24-2021, 11:05 PM
I'd be OK with Villanueva since he doesn't have the usual 32 year old T injury problems. Does anyone know what kind of money we'd have to give for him?

His market value is 16.5 mil a year

JakeF
03-24-2021, 11:17 PM
Zero improvement?

This is why the whining is bullshit.
You actually think this team has improved over last year?

Right now this team is worse than last year. We lost our 2 best olinemen at the 2 most important line positions.

We gave 70 million to a left guard and now people are saying we don't have money to get free agents.

Thuney/Long are not worth as much as Fisher/Schwartz. Apparently we are starting Niang and Remmers at tackle.

Before you start talking about injuries, that doesn't matter. We are talking about facts, not blame. It's not the Chiefs' fault that Fisher and Schwartz got hurt, but it happened.

The total addition/subtraction since last year so far for us isn't good.

Maybe we sign tons of talent later, but right now we are worse.

alanm
03-25-2021, 12:43 AM
Starting t to worry about VeachWhy even worry over things you have no control over? If things are meant to be they'll happen when they happen.

Dunerdr
03-25-2021, 03:14 AM
Seems like Veach has a number on these guys who are just role players and hes staying steady.

Warpaint69
03-25-2021, 04:27 AM

Right now this team is worse than last year. We lost our 2 best olinemen at the 2 most important line positions.

We gave 70 million to a left guard and now people are saying we don't have money to get free agents.

Thuney/Long are not worth as much as Fisher/Schwartz. Apparently we are starting Niang and Remmers at tackle.

Before you start talking about injuries, that doesn't matter. We are talking about facts, not blame. It's not the Chiefs' fault that Fisher and Schwartz got hurt, but it happened.

I agree. We still lack pass rush, linebackers are still an issue, still struggle to stop the run on defense, everytime Watkins was hurt the past 3 years the offense wasn’t as dynamic. I think it’s a pretty tall task to fix all this through the draft.

Warpaint69
03-25-2021, 04:32 AM
Why even worry over things you have no control over? If things are meant to be they'll happen when they happen.
You have a generational talent at QB, wasting even a single year of that is failure on the front office. There’s still plenty of roster issues that were very exposed during the Super Bowl, options in free agency are becoming pretty limited in some positions.

Dull Tools
03-25-2021, 05:21 AM

Just to provide some context. Pro Football Focus don't agree.

They think we have improved.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1374024467232460804

MahomesMagic
03-25-2021, 05:25 AM

How can you count Schwartz for last year? We had him for a few games. We mostly played Remmers there.

If you consider Remmers was our main RT I would consider Niang/Remmers an upgrade at RT.

I think LDT/Long is an upgrade at RG.

Thuney is an upgrade at LG.

LT will probably be a downgrade but let's not assume that just yet.

Center is up in the air. Even just Allegretti there is probably a push with Reiter.

Dull Tools
03-25-2021, 05:36 AM
How can you count Schwartz for last year? We had him for a few games. We mostly played Remmers there.

If you consider Remmers was our main RT I would consider Niang/Remmers an upgrade at RT.

Center is up in the air. Even just Allegretti there is probably a push with Reiter.

I agree with this. And even with Fisher. For our most important game of the year he wasn't there.

QB - we are the same
WR - we are slightly worse but neither Watkins or Robinson are a major miss.
TE - we are slightly better.
OL - we are slightly better
DL - this is the main area we are worse.
Secondary - slightly worse at the moment maybe due to the loss of Breeland but Thornhill, Sneed and Gay improvements could compensate this.

Overall we aren't far off last year and with a couple of decent free agent moves or draft picks we could be better.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 06:28 AM
You have a generational talent at QB, wasting even a single year of that is failure on the front office. There’s still plenty of roster issues that were very exposed during the Super Bowl, options in free agency are becoming pretty limited in some positions.

They're wasting the 2021 season.

In March.

ROFL

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 06:30 AM

Exactly.

The line is already better than last year depending on the LT outcome.

Let's not forget, Eric Fisher wasn't GREAT. In fact, he was about league average both in pass and run blocking. A stop-gap plus a draft choice could easily be a slight downgrade next year and big upgrade going forward.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-25-2021, 06:38 AM
Remmers was fine at RT. Why do people keep trying to compare his terrible performance at LT in the SB? It's totally different situations. 4 spots in our line will be fine. Unfortunately the most important 1 is a huge question.

BossChief
03-25-2021, 06:59 AM
I think a lot of us overvalued Eric Fisher while he was here. He was a solid LT, but if we’re being honest with ourselves a guy like Okung is probably an upgrade (when healthy) and a guy like Villanueva is probably a lateral move.

There are 3-5 OTs in this class that can be better than Fisher fairly soon, too. Maybe even right away.

I think we will upgrade the LT spot (considering he will be playing next to Thuney) with whatever direction we choose to go. Especially considering Fisher has missed 9 games the last 2 years and will miss considerable time this year with the torn Achilles.

Even if that direction is a rookie.

duncan_idaho
03-25-2021, 07:41 AM
Remmers was fine at RT. Why do people keep trying to compare his terrible performance at LT in the SB? It's totally different situations. 4 spots in our line will be fine. Unfortunately the most important 1 is a huge question.

Recency bias? Remembrance of him getting dismantled by Von Miller in the Super Bowl?

Either way, the player Remmers was at RT last year was a solid player and if that's their worst-case scenario at RT, the Chiefs are in good shape. Of course, with Niang's upside, there is potential there to be substantially better.

I think the same is true at LT. It was UGLY without Fisher in the Super Bowl. It has led to a weird swing in Fisher's valuation. He was a steady, solid player at LT for the Chiefs. But he wasn't a superstar or dynamic piece by any means.

They need to be better there than Mike Remmers was in the SB, but there are MANY paths to that.

We also had about a 24-hour period to dream about an OL that ran Trent Williams-Joe Thuney-Rodney Hudson-LDT-Niang L-R, which would be one of the better units in the NFL.

Some of this is snapback from that.

oldman
03-25-2021, 07:53 AM

I agree. Schwartz was out for much of the season, so that's a wash. We had a revolving door at LG and some mediocre play at RG. You have to look at G as an upgrade except to the Allegretti fill-in. Reiter was no world-beater, either. So it all boils down to LT. Fisher is not available, so let's see if we can find a stopgap and draft wisely.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 07:57 AM
I think a lot of us overvalued Eric Fisher while he was here. He was a solid LT, but if we’re being honest with ourselves a guy like Okung is probably an upgrade (when healthy) and a guy like Villanueva is probably a lateral move.

There are 3-5 OTs in this class that can be better than Fisher fairly soon, too. Maybe even right away.

I think we will upgrade the LT spot (considering he will be playing next to Thuney) with whatever direction we choose to go. Especially considering Fisher has missed 9 games the last 2 years and will miss considerable time this year with the torn Achilles.

Even if that direction is a rookie.

Exactly.

RunKC
03-25-2021, 08:02 AM
Fisher will always be one of the most underrated draft picks in team history. It sucks that the guy was shit on bc he was the 1st overall pick in one of the worst drafts ever, but he was solid for years. He was key to helping us win the Super Bowl.

Wasp does not happen without Fisher blocking Bosa out of the play.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 08:03 AM
Fisher will always be one of the most underrated draft picks in team history. It sucks that the guy was shit on bc he was the 1st overall pick in one of the worst drafts ever, but he was solid for years. He was key to helping us win the Super Bowl.

Wasp does not happen without Fisher blocking Bosa out of the play.

Fisher was solid. Not terrible, not elite.

We can certainly do better. We could also do worse.

That's the truth of it.

kccrow
03-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Fisher was solid. Not terrible, not elite.

We can certainly do better. We could also do worse.

That's the truth of it.

Better than solid. Maybe not elite, but much closer to it than not. Definitely a long way from terrible.

This place has criminally underrated Fisher since day 1.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 07:56 PM
Mahomes has a career losing record without Fisher. That should tell you everything you need to know

Dante84
04-30-2021, 09:46 PM
Alright, let's go ahead and bring him in.

UChieffyBugger
04-30-2021, 09:49 PM
Houston, Ingram and Kerrigan all out there...one of them would have a bigger impact on our present chances than most of the rookies In this class so I'm not too bothered tbh.

KChiefs1
04-30-2021, 09:56 PM
If the Chiefs don’t take an EDGE tomorrow...something is in the works.

Veach never rests.

BryanBusby
04-30-2021, 09:59 PM
We sign this motherfucker yet

Dunerdr
04-30-2021, 10:08 PM
I can’t believe we passed on basham. They must really feel good about taco and danna.

tredadda
04-30-2021, 10:11 PM
Houston, Ingram and Kerrigan all out there...one of them would have a bigger impact on our present chances than most of the rookies In this class so I'm not too bothered tbh.

I would be shocked if Houston came back to KC. He didn't leave on the best of terms.

tredadda
04-30-2021, 10:12 PM
I can’t believe we passed on basham. They must really feel good about taco and danna.

Or they felt Bolton and Creed were better values for this team where they were picking.

Chris Meck
04-30-2021, 10:13 PM

And Ward. He looked like he could play week 17.

I expect we'll draft a guy, and sign a vet still.

UChieffyBugger
04-30-2021, 10:36 PM
I would be shocked if Houston came back to KC. He didn't leave on the best of terms.

Neither did Hudson and yet Veach was in for him so who knows?? If Justin is on the street he'd be a fool not to come home and mend some fences.

pugsnotdrugs19
04-30-2021, 10:41 PM
Seems like we oughta sign him now. A vet at least.

Chiefs=Champions
05-01-2021, 04:06 AM
Could it be something similar to the Ravens and Villanueva - where they have compensatory picks in mind by waiting? Im unfamiliar with the formula, maybe we have already signed too many?

CupidStunt
05-01-2021, 09:20 AM
100% we'll be signing someone still, despite hitting so many needs and not really having many holes. But there's a little cap and no one is costing a fortune at this point.

tredadda
05-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Neither did Hudson and yet Veach was in for him so who knows?? If Justin is on the street he'd be a fool not to come home and mend some fences.

Far different management when Hudson left. Houston was part of the terrible 2018 defense that was overhauled. If I remember correctly he was asked to take a pay cut, refused and then got cut.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a reunion, just not sure how realistic that would be.

GloucesterChief
05-01-2021, 09:27 AM
There will be cuts after the draft so probably seeing what shakes out.

TEX
05-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Far different management when Hudson left. Houston was part of the terrible 2018 defense that was overhauled. If I remember correctly he was asked to take a pay cut, refused and then got cut.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a reunion, just not sure how realistic that would be.

**** Justin Houston with a CAPITAL F!

BossChief
05-01-2021, 10:57 AM
Seems like we oughta sign him now. A vet at least.

Tuesday afternoon the comp pick formula for volume of picks ends. You’ll see a few FAs sign after that time. I’m confident This will be one of them.

Halfcan
05-01-2021, 05:01 PM

Houston would look good coming back and wearing Red. I doubt his massive ego would let him, but if he wants to win some SB's-this would be his best option.

2 year 10 million- plus incentives. Take it leave it, traitor.

Stryker
05-01-2021, 08:51 PM

Here is why...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UgkI7qEWVv8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TRR
05-01-2021, 08:58 PM
**** Justin Houston with a CAPITAL F!

Completely agree. His fake tough guy act got old. So did his disappearing act in big moments.

The Franchise
05-01-2021, 09:03 PM
Here is why...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UgkI7qEWVv8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adam Schefter wasn’t even in the video.

staylor26
05-01-2021, 09:08 PM
Adam Schefter wasn’t even in the video.

I hate those fucking clickbait videos.

There’s one that says Louis Riddick talks about Kaindoh and he never does.

chiefforlife
05-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Nothing we did in this draft would suggest that we dont need another edge rusher.
Im sure we still land one in FA.

Not a knock on this draft, I loved it!

TEX
05-02-2021, 06:35 AM
Completely agree. His fake tough guy act got old. So did his disappearing act in big moments.

What I hated the most about he and his buddy Berry, was when it was time to LEAD the team, those two acted like CHUMPS and did anything but...Missed wirkouts reported late, etc. Did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what real leaders do. After they got PAID of course. So **** Justin Houston!

kccrow
05-02-2021, 07:04 AM
I'd really rather Ryan Kerrigan than Melvin Ingram but whatever Veach decides to do. I think they still need an edge.

I wouldn't mind seeing them snag DJ Hayden as a nickel CB.

Maybe Gareon Conley as a potential reclamation project at CB if that ankle is healthy.

UChieffyBugger
05-02-2021, 07:10 AM
What I hated the most about he and his buddy Berry, was when it was time to LEAD the team, those two acted like CHUMPS and did anything but...Missed wirkouts reported late, etc. Did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what real leaders do. After they got PAID of course. So **** Justin Houston!

Didn't Justin get nine or ten sacks in his last season here? Then folks talked crap about "he's done" but the guy got 19 sacks for the Colts over the last two years. Too many folks take things too personally...i don't give a damn about the past...if Justin wants to return he would be welcomed by me because he would make our DL nasty and that's all that matters...PERIOD.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-02-2021, 08:57 AM
Ingram would be wise to basically beg the Chiefs to sign him at this point.

His value is obviously nowhere near as high as he thought and playing on a d-line consisting of Clark, Reed and Jones is going to make it much easier for him to pile up some sacks and get paid next year.

New World Order
05-02-2021, 09:00 AM
Ingram would be wise to basically beg the Chiefs to sign him at this point.

His value is obviously nowhere near as high as he thought and playing on a d-line consisting of Clark, Reed and Jones is going to make it much easier for him to pile up some sacks and get paid next year.

He’s also going to have a ton of pass rushing opportunities since teams will be playing from behind

-King-
05-03-2021, 08:11 AM
We were the last team he visited right?

Chris Meck
05-03-2021, 08:12 AM
Yep.

He's the best option, and should flourish as a situational pass rusher here.

-King-
05-03-2021, 08:15 AM
Yep.

He's the best option, and should flourish as a situational pass rusher here.

That should probably be a good sign then. They might have told him they'll sign him after the compensatory pick period ended.

O.city
05-03-2021, 08:33 AM
Which woudl be today right?

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 08:41 AM
Justin Houston hasn't signed anywhere either. Did he leave on bad terms?

I'm kinda surprised he isn't mentioned as a possible addition.

-King-
05-03-2021, 08:51 AM
Which woudl be today right?

Yeah at 3PM.

O.city
05-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Houston would be my preference. I'm guessing that bridge was burned but who knows.

tredadda
05-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Justin Houston hasn't signed anywhere either. Did he leave on bad terms?

I'm kinda surprised he isn't mentioned as a possible addition.

He did. If I remember correctly he was one of the leaders of the terri-bad 2018 defense. He was asked to take a paycut and would not so KC cut him.

-King-
05-03-2021, 08:55 AM
He did. If I remember correctly he was one of the leaders of the terri-bad 2018 defense. He was asked to take a paycut and would not so KC cut him.

Is not wanting to take a pay cut "bad terms"?

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 08:57 AM

There were rumors at the time, he wasn't a great teammate in the locker room, not sure on the validity, but that was the talk.

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 08:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brett Veach opened up by saying they’ve been working on some free agent contracts and there will be some news in the near future.<br><br>Says about first 2 picks Bolton and Humphrey: “The value was way too good.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/7JGXBVjFL3">pic.twitter.com/7JGXBVjFL3</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1389230535025827843?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UDFAs or regular FAs?

tredadda
05-03-2021, 08:59 AM

It's not, but if management asks you and you refuse and then they cut you as a result that could create bad blood from both perspectives.

BryanBusby
05-03-2021, 09:05 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brett Veach opened up by saying they’ve been working on some free agent contracts and there will be some news in the near future.<br><br>Says about first 2 picks Bolton and Humphrey: “The value was way too good.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/7JGXBVjFL3">pic.twitter.com/7JGXBVjFL3</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1389230535025827843?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UDFAs or regular FAs?
Players no longer count against the comp pick formula some time this afternoon. I think that should answer your question.

-King-
05-03-2021, 09:05 AM
There were rumors at the time, he wasn't a great teammate in the locker room, not sure on the validity, but that was the talk.

I don't remember that. Check out the end of this video. Doesn't seem like a player who was on bad terms/not a good teammate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9m1T0I6dTpU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King-
05-03-2021, 09:06 AM

UDFAs or regular FAs?
Must likely regular FAs. Don't think working on signing UDFAs would be something he'd need to announce.

O.city
05-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Yeah, man, I'd love to have him back.

Chiefspants
05-03-2021, 09:16 AM
I love Houston and think he's had a much better last two seasons than Ingram.

But the way he was cut and the way that not a single rumor has come up linking us with Houston makes me think there is some past issue present preventing a reunion. Hope I'm wrong!

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 09:17 AM
Houston would be pretty badass on the other side of Clark.

Houston - Jones - Reed - Clark

mkp785
05-03-2021, 09:33 AM

UDFAs or regular FAs?

Larry Fitzgerald come on down if he's talking about regular FAs. Cards already signed AJ Green. They don't need another guy who fits that same mold. Larry still has something left in the tank.....

wazu
05-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Larry Fitzgerald come on down if he's talking about regular FAs. Cards already signed AJ Green. They don't need another guy who fits that same mold. Larry still has something left in the tank.....

No. He doesn't. Larry has sucked for years.

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 09:39 AM

God no.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-03-2021, 09:47 AM

UDFAs or regular FAs?

Sounds to me like they had a guy or two on hold for this day to avoid comp pick formula.

Hoping for a DE, and maybe another guy. I’d gladly take Ingram or Houston but I’m guessing Ingram is more likely.

-King-
05-03-2021, 09:48 AM

No he doesn't. I don't think you watched the Cardinals last year. I think I said to you in another thread that you run faster than Fitz and I was serious. He's a liability in that no matter how good his route running is, he simply can't get to his spots fast enough anymore.

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Sounds to me like they had a guy or two on hold for this day to avoid comp pick formula.

Hoping for a DE, and maybe another guy. I’d gladly take Ingram or Houston but I’m guessing Ingram is more likely.

My guess would be Ingram and Breeland.

tredadda
05-03-2021, 09:53 AM
My guess would be Ingram and Breeland.

Why would they have to wait to sign Breeland though?

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 09:54 AM
Why would they have to wait to sign Breeland though?

See what other offers he gets and if they’ll have a chance to draft a CB.

tredadda
05-03-2021, 09:57 AM

Gotcha. Hopefully we bring him back cheap. Can't imagine demand for him is huge and he knows the system here and would have his best chance at another ring.

Hoover
05-03-2021, 10:05 AM

Right, if the Chiefs had drafted a CD with one of their 2 2nd rounders you don't need to bring him back. Having not, I think the best move is to try and get him to sign another one year 3 million deal.

InChiefsHeaven
05-03-2021, 10:12 AM
I don't remember that. Check out the end of this video. Doesn't seem like a player who was on bad terms/not a good teammate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9m1T0I6dTpU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ugh. I was at that POS game...ugh...

ChiefBlueCFC
05-03-2021, 10:16 AM
Houston would be pretty badass on the other side of Clark.

Houston - Jones - Reed - Clark

That's a pretty solid rotation. Throw in Nandi in the middle and it allows Jones to play inside and outside.

I'll be honest, I always enjoyed watching a pulling guard or tackle run into Houston and get no more push. The man is incredibly strong and as a rotational piece would probably do really well

TRR
05-03-2021, 10:20 AM
Players no longer count against the comp pick formula some time this afternoon. I think that should answer your question.

He’s speaking to UDFA’s that haven’t inked yet. Not veteran free agents.

Pitt Gorilla
05-03-2021, 12:10 PM
Would like Ingram or Houston.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 12:30 PM
Houston is definitely the best Edge available. I’d love to have him back.

That said, if he’s so bitter at the Chiefs that he wouldn’t sign for that reason alone then he can fuck off. He’s the one who played 90+ snaps in the most important game of his life and barely registered a statistic. He can’t honestly fault the organization for changing the culture on the defense after that season.

penchief
05-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Houston is definitely the best Edge available. I’d love to have him back.

I’ll say this about Justin Houston, he’s a bad man. I would bet money on an angry Justin Houston against anybody. An inspired Houston would be as good as it gets.

duncan_idaho
05-03-2021, 04:55 PM
I’ll say this about Justin Houston, he’s a bad man. I would bet money on an angry Justin Houston against anybody. An inspired Houston would be as good as it gets.

Yes. What about an inspired Justin Houston who can’t be doubled or chipped without leaving 2 of Clark, Chris Jones, and Jarran Reed singled up?

Clark/Reed/Jones/Houston would be a dynamic front. One of the better pass rushing groups in the NFL.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Yes. What about an inspired Justin Houston who can’t be doubled or chipped without leaving 2 of Clark, Chris Jones, and Jarran Reed singled up?

Clark/Reed/Jones/Houston would be a dynamic front. One of the better pass rushing groups in the NFL.

It would also be nice to never see him drop back in coverage ever again

PHOG
05-03-2021, 05:12 PM
When are we going to sign either one of these POS' ?

-King-
05-03-2021, 05:19 PM

Yup. That's a group that can put up 35+ sacks.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 05:21 PM
Yup. That's a group that can put up 35+ sacks.

I could see it.

Jones 10-12 sacks
Clark 8-10 sacks
Reed 8 sacks
Houston 6-8 sacks

UChieffyBugger
05-03-2021, 05:25 PM
I could see it.

Jones 10-12 sacks
Clark 8-10 sacks
Reed 8 sacks
Houston 6-8 sacks

It would be the best d-line in the league imo.

-King-
05-03-2021, 05:26 PM
I could see it.

Jones 10-12 sacks
Clark 8-10 sacks
Reed 8 sacks
Houston 6-8 sacks

Yeah, add that to the random sacks we'd get from linebackers and DBs and we'd easily be in the top 10 in sacks.

Toad
05-03-2021, 05:59 PM

Excellent point. Who do you double? Choose wisely

ThyKingdomCome15
05-03-2021, 10:07 PM
Excellent point. Who do you double? Choose wisely

Joshua Kaindoh :D

-King-
05-24-2021, 11:08 AM
The Miami Dolphins might not be done adding to the league’s No. 4 scoring defense.

Edge defender Melvin Ingram is in for a free agent visit Monday, an NFL source tells the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article251642973.html

Rausch
05-24-2021, 11:21 AM

I'd really like to see Houston retire here...

TEX
05-24-2021, 11:24 AM
I'd really like to see Houston retire here...

Didn't he already retire here during the 2018 AFCCG?

Dunerdr
05-24-2021, 11:43 AM

No he was just tired.

ToxSocks
05-24-2021, 11:57 AM

No he was just tired.

LMAO

Bwana
05-24-2021, 12:46 PM

LMAO

ToxSocks
05-24-2021, 12:48 PM

Both Clark and Houston can be blocked with 1 guy. Those guys don't require double teams.

BossChief
05-24-2021, 11:34 PM
No he was just tired.

Great Barry Sanders reference.

TRR
05-25-2021, 07:35 AM
I wonder what Ingram is asking for. After two visits to KC and Miami, he remains unsigned. More than a one year deal? More money than he is worth?

I would have loved Ryan Kerrigan on the deal he got from Philly. Just a shade over a 1MM cap hit for the upcoming season.

Dunerdr
05-25-2021, 08:06 AM
I wonder what Ingram is asking for. After two visits to KC and Miami, he remains unsigned. More than a one year deal? More money than he is worth?

I would have loved Ryan Kerrigan on the deal he got from Philly. Just a shade over a 1MM cap hit for the upcoming season.
I would assume its about as much money as he can get for a single season. He's probably trying to wait until someone's Joey Bosa gets hurt so he can catch a team in a pinch.

After talking to a friend who likes to crunch some film, we looked at a few clips on youtube and im not sure hes got a whole lot left in the tank. And i'm sure thats why teams are drawing a line in the sand.

chiefforlife
05-25-2021, 08:32 AM

I wanted Kerrigan as well. His playing time was more about the Beasts in front of him than him losing a step or two. He would have been perfect as a rotational Edge rusher for this team.